Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Time for Clarence Thomas to Resign

The original “Accused.”

by Anonymousreply 1812/06/2017

He keeps looking under my robe!

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2017

These rules don't apply to conservatives, Democrats are too busy being pussies to complain.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2017

First Al Franken. Because priorities or something. When Hell Freezes over, Clarence Thomas will ice skate to court. He's going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2017

It’s actually written by a conservative.

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2017

Do you think he ever tries to get RBG to touch his dick under the robe?

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2017

Fuck no! Wait until the Dems hold the Senate majority again.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2017

Joe Biden ripped Anita to shreds and thereby cleared Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2017

Thomas and his wife are both despicable people:

[quote][bold]Bumbling Right-Wing Activist Accepts Award From Clarence Thomas’s Wife at Trump Hotel[/bold]

[quote]James O’Keefe, the inept right-wing activist who’s fresh off a failed attempt to smear the Washington Post in an effort to defend Roy Moore, received an award for “going above and beyond in defense of liberty” on Wednesday.

[quote]The award, given to him by the conservative group United for Purpose, was presented by Ginni Thomas, the group’s president and the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. Naturally, the event took place at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.

[quote]O’Keefe wasn’t the only one exemplar of conservative principles to be honored. Sean Hannity received the Outstanding Impact Award and delivered the keynote speech. “We the people are going to work harder than ever to get the government back into the hands of American citizens, where it belongs,” said Hannity, inside a hotel from which president continues to profit.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2017

And will be ignored by his fellow conservatives, R4. But don't you worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of Dems and media lapdogs to tout this guy as an example of a "reasonable conservative" and that's why we need to play nice with the other side.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2017

Of course conservatives would love to replace Clarence Thomas with some 25 year old right wing kid.

Fuck all of them.

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2017

Of COURSE they want him to resign. They want Trump to appoint his replacement.

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2017

Haha R6. Dems won't hold the majority of anything. The ignorant rednecks and corporate overlords won't allow it.

by Anonymousreply 1212/06/2017

Biden was not a bad guy in the Thomas-Hill hearings. He wasn't perfect by today's standards, but Hill was allowed to take the stand, as were some supporters of hers.

Look at the archives: the repugs on the Judiciary Committee were ruthless in painting her as "a bit nutty, a bit slutty," as the line went at the time.

Subsequent investigations have shown there was fire and not just smoke about Uncle Justice Thomas. But it was a different time. When the history of sexual harassment is written, Hill will be a hero and Thomas a villain, I'm guessing.

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2017

O. Hatch was infactuated with C. Thomas. Defended him enthusiastically.

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2017

I have to agree that probably nothing will come of this, but I found the column to be quite moving in its own way, coming from a conservative. I remember those hearing well -- I believed her then, and I believe her now, so WHY NOT? He's the most useless justice in the history of SCOTUS. But then of course, TRUMP gets to name his replacement! We're living in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2017

In today's world, Thomas never would've made it to the SC.

by Anonymousreply 1612/06/2017

Is Clarence Thomas still a thing? I thought he'd died or something. Sure, go after him and trump. The two originals.

by Anonymousreply 1712/06/2017

R14, yes. Hatch was the worst of The repubs on the Committee during those hearings. He was like Joe McCarthy, saying that his office was receiving information from unnamed sources about Anita and her "proclivities" - which the little queen Orrin did not want to have to disclose, but that it would all come out if the hearings were extended to smear the great man Clarence T. Classic "blame and shame the accuser" tactics, that don't fly as high in 2017 but certainly did back in the 1990s.

Remember, Clarence pulled himself up by his own bootstraps and thus was justified as he opposed Affirmative Action! Ha!

by Anonymousreply 1812/06/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!