Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can I just declare something Fake News if I don't like it? Do I face any legal repercussions?

As long as I get it out there, I don't see refutations as being not so much of a problem.

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Wednesday at 9:43 PM

Don't do it in Ireland:

[quote]Five years in jail for spreading 'fake news' under FF proposal

by Anonymousreply 1Last Wednesday at 1:35 PM

[quote]A tweet by Donald Trump accusing CNN of purveying “fake news” has been seized on by Libyan media to challenge a report by the US broadcaster which suggested modern day slave auctions were being held in the country.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Wednesday at 1:38 PM

Governments are using Trump’s fake news claim to hide ‘ethnic cleansing’

[quote]“There is no such thing as Rohingya,” said a Myanmar official this week. “It is fake news.”

[quote]That’s the sound of a foreign government using the U.S. president’s own rhetoric to excuse ethnic cleansing by denying the very existence of an entire ethnic group. More than 600,000 Rohingya are stateless in Bangladesh; an unknown number have been killed; thousands more face permanent statelessness, famine, and disease; and state-sponsored rape of Rohingya women affects the entire population, according to a report by Human Rights Watch.

[quote]“Soon we will all be dead or gone,” one man told the New York Times.

[quote]“Fake news” just stopped being funny.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Wednesday at 1:39 PM

I do

by Anonymousreply 4Last Wednesday at 1:46 PM

In the U.S., as long as your fake news isn't libelous, you're golden. To avoid personal repercussions, though, use a dummy account rather than your own personal account.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Wednesday at 2:56 PM

[quote] In the U.S., as long as your fake news isn't libelous, you're golden.

Not good enough.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Wednesday at 9:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!