Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is pickled pine back in style?

My doctors office was redone in a very contemporary modern feel, and I noticed the floors were pickled pine. I haven’t seen that since the late 80s, but it looks surprisingly fresh. It made a very cool and airy feeling in the office.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2017

What is this?!

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2017

Pickled pine, Pecky cypress and the various wood species that stain in an intense way are definitely coming back. The key is new stain processing with two and three step processes that create depth and complexity. I just had 10 six over six cypress windows stained with a whitewash base, Khaki second coat and faded charcoal semi-transparent finish. No faux sanding, or revealing the lower levels artificially. the balance of the layers works if applied properly.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2017

Pickled Pine? I fucked it.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2017

Thanks for the photos, OP. When people say you're worse than Hitler, I always say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2017

Ugh, sorry

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2017

Its ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2017

Only a gay would notice

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2017

I prefer my 50s knotty pine kitchen and basement.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2017

R2 here. Lange looks more like my windows that that bedroom. I'd post a picture, but they were just done. I'll take a couple and post them if the thread is still alive tomorrow. Properly done it's 3 dimensional, and looks a little like exposed ocean pier wood at low tide.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!