Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New Trump Labor Rule Lets Trump Steal Servers’ Tips!

Good luck servers.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2017

Thanks for posting that, OP. It was an interesting article (and by interesting, I mean infuriating).

What I found even more interesting (infuriating) was this related article from the same site. Today's article describes how employers, generally speaking, will now be able to pilfer their workers' tips. This one, from 2016, describes how Trump's own business has been doing that very thing for some time. Here's a quote:

[quote]“So what’s the big deal?” you might be saying. “Maybe people just weren’t tipping.” Except, they were. They were actually required to: Customers’ bills included a mandatory 22 percent service fee, of which Garcia and the other workers never saw a damn dime. So while customers thought the employees were being tipped well, nah, the luckless servers were getting hosed.

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2017

He is just despicable.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2017

I’m not endorsing trump, but I’m a little confused that this is an issue.

When I was in college, I worked as a waiter earning $2.30/hr + tips. I had to give up 2% of my total sales (assumed to be 10% of my tips) to the manager to pay the bussers, bar tenders, food preppers, hostesses, etc. I think it’s being done already.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!