Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Corey Feldman Blasts “Call Me By Your Name” for Glamorizing Pedophilia

Can’t say I disagree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 9, 2018 3:14 AM

I don't either OP.

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2017 4:58 PM

Armie is supposed to be 24 in the movie? He looks like a 40 year old man to me.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2017 5:01 PM

Didn't she used to be somebody?

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2017 5:03 PM

Corey Feldman's 1993 audio files naming alleged sexual predators found by Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2017 5:06 PM

Please F/F the OP. That “can’t say I disagree” horse shit is PURE HOMOPHOBIA.

Chalamet’s character in “Call Me By Your Name” is of the legal age of consent in Italy and Europe where the movie is set.

Furthermore, it is the younger man who initiates and pursues the romance consensually —NOT an old perv harassing the younger Corey Feldman.

Feldman is an idiot who can’t think or speak properly.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2017 5:10 PM

But its not pedophilia, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2017 5:11 PM

The righties have been saying for years now that we would try to normalize pedophilia and I thought it was the most ridiculous thing in the world. Now here we are with Hollywood trying to push this as the movie of the year. It’s unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2017 5:12 PM

This article is a week old.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2017 5:12 PM

[QUOTE]That “can’t say I disagree” horse shit is PURE HOMOPHOBIA

FF R5 for equating homosexuality with pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2017 5:14 PM

Some thoughts:

If they had made the character 18, would there be any discussion about this?

I haven't seen the movie but isn't the 17 year-old the pursuer in this relationship?

I live in NYS and the legal age of consent is 16.

People should really be talking about Roy Moore and his 14 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2017 5:14 PM

All of this completely unnecessary backlash could have been easily avoided with a simple act of ageing the character up to 18. That's it. We love to shit on big studio execs but they would have caught this potential danger immediately.

And Corey Feldman is latching onto whatever he can to stay relevant. It' getting sadder and sadder to watch.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2017 5:14 PM

R7, go nail yourself to a cross.

Call Me By Your Name is NOT PEDOPHILIA.

F/F

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2017 5:15 PM

I'm going to adore this film with its sumptuous locales and the story of blossoming love between a younger guy and a hot older guy. When I was very young I was always attracted to sexy older guys.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2017 5:15 PM

You mean all those movies I watched growing up, where the teenage boy had sex with the nanny, tutor, mom's friend, etc were really glamorizing pedophilia ?

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2017 5:17 PM

It's always the teen conveniently pursuing the old dudes. Isn't that always the fantasy of these old men (Woody Allen, Louis CK)?

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2017 5:17 PM

The old guys probably make these movies to encourage young people to think this way.

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2017 5:18 PM

[QUOTE]It's always the teen conveniently pursuing the old dudes. Isn't that always the fantasy of these old men (Woody Allen, Louis CK)?

That’s how they got this in the door. Make the young guy look like a sex crazed maniac lusting after the older guy who eventually succumbs to his advances. If it were the other way around, this movie wouldn’t have been accepted.

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2017 5:19 PM

That man is the same age Katie Kanisky was when she went after a 34-year-old male professor on [italic]Gimme A Break![/italic] Nell shoved her in the closet so America would know how she felt in real life.

There's nothing wrong with teenage boys being with other teenage boys. [italic]In A Heartbeat[/italic], also made this year, does not condone pederasty nor is it a thinly-veiled excuse for adults to perv on teens. I wanted an older man when I was a teen, but wanting something and being ready for it are two different things.

And as for Armie Hammer:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2017 5:21 PM

FFS you fraus are tiresome. Why don't you take your violated twats to your mommy sites?

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2017 5:23 PM

[quote]It's always the teen conveniently pursuing the old dudes.

I hate this non-defence as well but to be honest, I was also a sex-crazed horny maniac at 15. Judgment only came into play at around 17 or 18 and I would [italic]never[/italic] think of pulling the sex shit I pulled at 15 ever again.

by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2017 5:24 PM

[QUOTE]FFS you fraus are tiresome.

I’m a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2017 5:25 PM

R19 It's not the fraus because the fraus adore this movie.

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2017 5:26 PM

We live in a country where it is legal for a 90-year-old and a 18-year-old to have sex, but not a 20-year-old and a 15-year-old, and where people become sex offenders before they're old enough to have sex.

by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2017 5:26 PM

So you want 90 year old men to be able to have sex with 15 year old boys, R23?

by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2017 5:28 PM

The main character of Queer As Folk was 17 when he started a sexual relationship with Bryan who was...28 or something. And interesting enough, the main female character of that show is married to Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2017 5:28 PM

No, R24. I just don't think it's fair to make criminals out of horny teenagers except in extreme cases of sexual violence. There are US states where the age of consent is 16, like much of the rest of the west including the UK and Israel.

by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2017 5:29 PM

fuck Corey Feldman... so sick of his irrelevant sorry ass...

by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2017 5:30 PM

R25: The superior-because-it-couldn't-possibly-be-worse UK version made him 15. At the time the UK had differential ages of consent for homosexual and heterosexual sex. It was 16 for heteros and 21 for gays.

by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2017 5:31 PM

[quote] fuck Corey Feldman...

I'd rather have Chad Allen, since he's actually gay and he was the voice of Charlie Brown at one point.

by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2017 5:32 PM

Elio is SEVENTEEN. Didn't you seek out older guys when you were 17 and have sex with them? Jeeze.

by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2017 5:34 PM

Pedophiles around the world point to countries/states where the age of consent is below 18 because they slowly want to chip away at age limits.

Is someone who is 17 years and 11 months old that much less mature than someone who is 18? It's the definition of the "slippery slope."

Sorry dudes, you can't fuck 'em (or download videos of them naked) until they turn eighteen.

by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2017 5:35 PM

[QUOTE]There are US states where the age of consent is 16, like much of the rest of the west including the UK and Israel.

So you want the age of consent to be 16 nationwide? Or would you like to go lower?

by Anonymousreply 32December 6, 2017 5:36 PM

[quote]It's the definition of the "slippery slope."

It's a fallacious form of reasoning no matter what.

[quote] So you want the age of consent to be 16 nationwide? Or would you like to go lower?

I'm not comfortable with anything below that. 16 is when most people are done with puberty and thus the sex organs have completed physical development. Everyone I've met who lost their virginity before the end of puberty convinced me that it's not good to lose it before then. I'm all for obeying age of consent laws but we need to come to a consensus on when a child becomes an adult, and unfortunately the laws and science aren't in sync on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2017 5:41 PM

It's not pedophilia!

by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2017 5:48 PM

[quote]Is someone who is 17 years and 11 months old that much less mature than someone who is 18? It's the definition of the "slippery slope."

Yeah, it's ridiculous to assume people turn into adults at the stroke of midnight on their 18th birthday. We're never getting to the bottom of this debate as people mature at different rates, sexually, mentally, and emotionally. I think 16 is a nice compromise, with 14 definitely being too low and 18 too high. That's judging by my own experience growing up, not that I would ever have sex with anyone below 20. But prosecuting an 18-year-old for having sex with a 17-year-old just seems wrong to me.

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2017 5:49 PM

Well once it’s lowered to 16, what happens when we start prosecuting 16 or 17 year olds for having sex with 15 year olds?

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2017 5:58 PM

Pedophilia = attraction to pre-pubescent children 17 = over the age of consent across Europe, in Canada, in the majority of US states and in the vast, vast majority of the world Call Me By Your Name = a love story between two legally consenting adults that have both been through puberty Corey Feldman = a mentally ill man that abuses women in his own home, telling them what to eat, wear and so on as seen on 'Celebrity Wife Swap'

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2017 5:59 PM

It's not pedophilia because neither of them are children. If this were an adult taking advantage of a prepubescent child, Corey would have every right to be angry.

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2017 5:59 PM

[quote] Well once it’s lowered to 16, what happens when we start prosecuting 16 or 17 year olds for having sex with 15 year olds?

Don't some states and countries have age-span windows that allow teenagers to date other teenagers without being harassed by the authorities?

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2017 6:01 PM

[quote] Yeah, it's ridiculous to assume people turn into adults at the stroke of midnight on their 18th birthday.

In the eyes of the law, that's EXACTLY how it works.

You're either an adult, or a minor. Would you prefer a physician's note declaring that little Johnny has reached both physical and emotional maturity at 15 1/2 and he's now cleared for sex with adults? Every sexual pairing to be judged on a case-by-case basis?

Eighteen is the limit, and don't try to enlist gay men who have no interest in sex with 17,16, and 15 year-olds in your campaign to lower the age of consent.

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2017 6:02 PM

Loretta Lynn married Doolittle when she was 15 and he was 22. If it's good enough for the Queen of Country Music, then it's good enough for us.

by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2017 6:02 PM

Remember this song, Cor?

"When a young man looks at Madame

She just throws herself right at 'im;

She's young at heart

And still getting her kicks."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2017 6:03 PM

FF OP

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2017 6:03 PM

Woody Allen's "Annie Hall Monitor"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2017 6:05 PM

I was thinking that too R25-- he was supposed to have been a high school student and the Brian character was a 30 year old ad guy.

I think they dodged a bullet because Gale Harold looked a whole lot younger than 30 and so the age difference wasn't as obvious as between Hammer and Chalomet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2017 6:06 PM

Did Corey Feldman get annoyed with Dirty Dancing? The characters are the same exact age in both films. Where was his outrage then?

I do feel sorry for anyone abused, but at this point we have been reading about the experiences of literally hundreds of women and men. Yes, everyone processes things differently but It has to be said Corey's career has been about his "experiences" for years now. Either shit or get off the pot, as they say.

Of course one can speculate and allege he is playing the blackmail game and it is just a cash grab but now things may not be so easy. But I am sre that is not the case.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2017 6:15 PM

"But it's the law" is also a bad argument.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2017 6:17 PM

God, how the fuck did so many R7s find DL suddenly? Truly Victorian prudes. And if he really is a gay man, then we are in trouble. The line between frau housewife and gay guy are blurred to the extreme these days (unless they are all women and just lying about it, which I truly hope).

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2017 6:17 PM

I think it's an optical thing R46

Harold and Harrison are the same ages as Chalamet and Hammer in that photo at R45 (21 and 30) but the age difference is nowhere as stark.

And Jennifer Grey looked a whole lot older than 16 in Dirty Dancing

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2017 6:18 PM

FF to everyone who FF'd someone earlier in the thread

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2017 6:20 PM

Film is gross.

by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2017 6:21 PM

Corey Feldman has benefited from heterosexual privilege for decades and still does to this day, even douching it up on basic cable in the 2000s in ways that were extremely degrading to women. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for this mainly because I, too, am a survivor of extreme physical and emotional abuse at the hands of adults, but not sexual abuse. But after this, I'm not so sure. Maybe if he were a better actor he would have gotten further. You don't hear Jason Bateman complaining about his career, do you? Oh, right, that's because unlike Corey he can act and some of the TV shows he was on were actually hits.

He needs to save his outrage for people who are actually abusing children.

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2017 6:23 PM

When I was 14 Kevin Spacey made a pass

He was 26 and drunk and he wanted my ass

I said "no, I'm too young; get your hands off of me"

And now he's a pariah, and Von Trapp is Paul Getty!

by Anonymousreply 53December 6, 2017 6:24 PM

Do we really think this Call Me film will be a box office success, or even break even. Seriously, as others have pointed out, the optics and timing are not good.

by Anonymousreply 54December 6, 2017 6:28 PM

[quote]When I was very young I was always attracted to sexy older guys. Weren't we all?

If I wanted to get laid, older guys were it. They had cars.

by Anonymousreply 55December 6, 2017 6:29 PM

I used up all my FFs in this thread. Can someone please hit r54?

by Anonymousreply 56December 6, 2017 6:30 PM

It's doing quite well for an Indie film [R54]

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2017 6:30 PM

R13 I couldn't agree more. When I was 17 and never even kissed a guy I could only dream of an attractive older guy liking me or me having the guts to pursue him. The movie is a beautiful fairytale with a crushing ending. These articles and likening the story to paedophilia are poisonous and deeply unfair.

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2017 6:33 PM

When I was 16 I longed for the love of another man who knew what he was doing, not a boy, but a man. And I didn't just want one-night stands. I wanted to connect on an emotional level. But those men saw me as just another boy to avoid lest their lives be ruined. Now that I'm older, I understand why. Even once I started having relationships with men they were with (slightly) older men. I don't know, maybe part of it is getting to know people who knew what the world was like before I was born who were there for what I missed.

[quote]The movie is a beautiful fairytale with a crushing ending.

Thanks for spoiling it. We get enough sad endings in real life and we have enough of them in gay movies. Where are our Princes Charming? Where are our knights in shining armor? Why is "and they lived happily ever after" never the last thing you see or hear in a gay film? It happens in real life but almost never in movies, at least not from Hollywood, at least not in movies that get any mainstream exposure in the United States at all. Can't the tears at the end ever be tears of joy for two gay men who find each other and make love last? Or must I make these movies myself?

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2017 6:43 PM

I hate to say it because I think the story in itself is lovey, but...yea it can be seen as a degradable on a subject matter of child sex.

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2017 6:45 PM

At least the lovers in [italic]God's Own Country[/italic] aren't teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2017 6:48 PM

Dear god the frautrage in this thread because some hysteric lives in a state where the age of consent is a year older than the age of consent in a foreign country. The Paedofinder General here whipping themselves into hysteria over something that is legal, consensual and,that is a perfectly standard / common subject for drama is fucking ludicrous. And save pointing the finger you nutcase - I'm in my fifties and my particular kink is that I can only really get off sharing a bed with someone whose body is in a similar state of decay as my own.

by Anonymousreply 62December 6, 2017 6:52 PM

frautrage is a masterpiece. but i don't want to break the pattern so FF for R62

by Anonymousreply 63December 6, 2017 6:54 PM

Heterosexual women are handmaidens.

by Anonymousreply 64December 6, 2017 6:54 PM

[quote] All of this completely unnecessary backlash could have been easily avoided with a simple act of ageing the character up to 18. That's it.

Even better - if they'd turned Oliver into Olivia, they could have made the characters' actions comply not only with the laws of all 50 US states, but also those of India and Egypt. They really missed a trick there!

by Anonymousreply 65December 6, 2017 6:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 6, 2017 7:00 PM

R54 You have nothing to worry about. This movie takes year's highest per theater average!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 6, 2017 7:02 PM

Stages in my life : baby - child - teen - adult - senior. All different. This is nothing new. In 1971 my favourite movie was, "The Summer of "42".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 6, 2017 7:16 PM

What r62 said except for that last part.

by Anonymousreply 69December 6, 2017 7:18 PM

@10 it's more complicated than that. The age of consent in New York is 16 only when the other partner is only 16 if the other partner is under the age of 21. Other than that the age of consent in New York is 17. I'm not saying it's good or bad I'm just saying that's the law.

And here's a thought about Corey Feldman. He was asking for money so that he would name child abusers and I thought that sounded like BS but... If one of his abusers was a Scientologist then he's going to need every buck he can dredge up to protect himself from their wrath. Scientology is known for going after people who accuse celebrity $cientologists of anything illegal or unethical and they do it in the most vicious way possible by legal means and non-legal means.

by Anonymousreply 70December 6, 2017 7:43 PM

Corey Feldman cares about headlines and money, not getting abusers brought to justice.

Also, he has very public parties. If someone wanted him dead, it would not be hard.

by Anonymousreply 71December 6, 2017 8:31 PM

[quote]And here's a thought about Corey Feldman. He was asking for money so that he would name child abusers and I thought that sounded like BS but... If one of his abusers was a Scientologist then he's going to need every buck he can dredge up to protect himself from their wrath. Scientology is known for going after people who accuse celebrity $cientologists of anything illegal or unethical and they do it in the most vicious way possible by legal means and non-legal means.

That's not totally implausible. You'd still have to be able to prove it in a court of law, though.

by Anonymousreply 72December 6, 2017 8:33 PM

Isn't this guy a Michael Jackson defender?

by Anonymousreply 73December 6, 2017 8:40 PM

[quote]I hate to say it because I think the story in itself is lovey, but...yea it can be seen as a degradable on a subject matter of child sex.

Child sex? When both actors are over 20 it's pretty hard to turn their affair into "child sex".

BTW, I've said it before and I say it again. If hets start bitching about CMBYN sexualizing teens you only have to remind them that teen porn is usually in the top 3 of the most popular genres in straight porn. Many times it's the most popular. You only have to spend a few minutes at porn sites to see that most porn starlets look quite young. In fact it seems that today if you're over 25 you're pretty in the MILF category already.

I'm slightly bi so I watch straight porn as well, and many times I just simply refuse to watch certain totally mainstream porn vids because the girl looks way too young. I'm sure they are always over 18 but still. From that point of view I do get why Chalamet might seem a tad too young but in the end we're talking about a romantic film when in real life thousands of teen girls, younger than Chalamet, are making hardcore porn.

We all know if Chalamet's character was female no one would bat an eyelid.

by Anonymousreply 74December 6, 2017 8:49 PM

You see such pairings (17 v. 24 year old) all the time if you follow the lives of young celebrities. When Lorde came on the scene, at 17, she had a 24-year-old boyfriend. It's not that uncommon, it would not be thought of as pedophilia if it was a straight couple.

by Anonymousreply 75December 6, 2017 8:59 PM

Astounding how so many here don't get the gist of the problem. The problem isn't with the 17 year old feeling horny or pursuing an older guy. Many 17 yos will do that. The problem is with the older guy succumbing to this. The movie seems to justify that if a teen is horny enough, persistent enough then it's okay for an older person to give in. It's never ok for a teen hasn't yet developed completely. They don't know better. Most movies & shows that show such a relationship acknowledge that it is wrong. I agree with those that say that changing Elio's age to be 18 plus more importantly hiring an actor for Oliver who actually looked closer to 24 would've made sense. I, for the life of me, do not understand Luca's insistence that Armie play Oliver. It just seems creepy & weird as hell

by Anonymousreply 76December 6, 2017 9:01 PM

Please. Armie Hammer is 31 and looks 40. Nobody looks at him in that movie and sees a 24 year old.

by Anonymousreply 77December 6, 2017 9:08 PM

That was in response to R75.

by Anonymousreply 78December 6, 2017 9:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 6, 2017 9:10 PM

[QUOTE]I agree with those that say that changing Elio's age to be 18 plus more importantly hiring an actor for Oliver who actually looked closer to 24 would've made sense. I, for the life of me, do not understand Luca's insistence that Armie play Oliver. It just seems creepy & weird as hell.

That was done on purpose. Luca wanted him to be an older looking character all along. The whole “17 and 24” thing is smoke and mirrors so the age gap doesn’t seem that bad.

by Anonymousreply 80December 6, 2017 9:13 PM

[quote] plus more importantly hiring an actor for Oliver who actually looked closer to 24 would've made sense

This, as mentioned above in Queer As Folk references.

See also the photo below of a 24 year old Zac Efron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 6, 2017 9:14 PM

[quote]The whole “17 and 24” thing is smoke and mirrors so the age gap doesn’t seem that bad.

You're an idiot. This age gap that was written in the book, which by the way was not written by Luca.

by Anonymousreply 82December 6, 2017 9:16 PM

Consent should be the only factor as to whether someone can have sex. The law should stay the fuck out of this, it's a person's choice when they want to have sex whether they are 40, 20 or 10.

by Anonymousreply 83December 6, 2017 9:20 PM

[quote]Astounding how so many here don't get the gist of the problem.

What is this problem supposed to be? Chalamet's character is 17, not 12, not 14, but 17, and he's legal in many or most places. You want to be appalled then be appalled about Nabokov's Lolita where the girl was 12. You want to be appalled be appalled about Roy Moore trying to have sex with 14 year old girls.

R83, well gee, are you pretending to be from NA MBLA or are you for real?

by Anonymousreply 84December 6, 2017 9:23 PM

Armie must feel under siege right about now.

by Anonymousreply 85December 6, 2017 9:23 PM

The only people who object to the age difference are those who haven't actually seen the movie

by Anonymousreply 86December 6, 2017 9:25 PM

I’m aware of the book, R82. Luca was making a movie in his own image, not the goddamn book. If he wanted the dude to be 40 looking then that’s exactly what he’d get.

When I said 17 and 24 was smoke and mirrors, I meant the movie. After casting Armie, it would’ve been logical to change the character’s age in the film rather than foolishly try to pass him off as 24. But they kept him at 24 so it could help calm the impending storm—“Hey, he’s only 7 years older!”

by Anonymousreply 87December 6, 2017 9:26 PM

Anyone saying Hammer looks like he's 40 in the movie is being deliberately idiotic. He looks like he might be in his late 20s.

by Anonymousreply 88December 6, 2017 9:38 PM

It's r31 and other Puritans and Perennial Prolonged Childhood advocates who are on a "slippery slope."

For 200,000 years of human existence before the 20th century, the age of consent in all cultures was PUBERTY.

Excessive mommying and sex -negativity invented "adolescence" and pushed society into ever-growing extremes of forced, prolonged childhood!

Why don't you do YOU until somebody gets raped?

by Anonymousreply 89December 6, 2017 9:42 PM

I have reported the movie Grease to the police for depicting the paedophilic rape of Betty Rizzo, 17 by Kenickie Murdoch, 19. If the producers had not intended to suggest paedophilia they would have got someone considerably older looking than Stockard Channing to play the role. The fiends.

by Anonymousreply 90December 6, 2017 9:44 PM

sooo gross

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 6, 2017 9:45 PM

R91 soo hot, you mean.

by Anonymousreply 92December 6, 2017 9:45 PM

R92 NO, i meant gross. guy on the right looks like he's a middle age dad. guy on the left doesn't even have an adams apple yet

by Anonymousreply 93December 6, 2017 9:48 PM

17 is not a child. Stop being ridiculous, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 94December 6, 2017 9:48 PM

Fuck Corey. He's a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 95December 6, 2017 9:51 PM

If it wasn't for pedophilia, Corey would completely unemployed.

by Anonymousreply 96December 6, 2017 9:52 PM

R91 looks like a teacher putting the moves on one of his students.

by Anonymousreply 97December 6, 2017 9:53 PM

R76 Perfect post.

by Anonymousreply 98December 6, 2017 9:54 PM

R76 Luca met Armie when he had only done Social Network and had a four hour meeting with him depsite having no project to cast him in. He has been after him since he saw him.

by Anonymousreply 99December 6, 2017 10:02 PM

Since the article and link are grayed out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 6, 2017 10:04 PM

R99. Exactly. Creepy as hell as I said

by Anonymousreply 101December 6, 2017 10:11 PM

reply 83 Seriously? The brain apparently does not fully develop until around mid 20's numb nuts, bad move to let a child believe they know what their doing ..10..wtf?

by Anonymousreply 102December 6, 2017 10:12 PM

I would have sex with a baby fresh out of the womb. And then I would eat it !

by Anonymousreply 103December 6, 2017 10:15 PM

There are more photos and vid at DM, can't link for some reason.

The optics are awful.

It looks like it could have been called "Bryan Singer Goes On a Picnic." The younger character is shirtless a lot. It is cringed in this post Spacey and Whalestein era.

by Anonymousreply 104December 6, 2017 10:15 PM

If gays seem ok with this it just fuels backlash. One is a minor, one much older. Just like Singer.

by Anonymousreply 105December 6, 2017 10:17 PM

It’s weird cause he’s shirtless all the time when most bony little kids like him hate taking their shirts off.

by Anonymousreply 106December 6, 2017 10:18 PM

R76

[quote] teen hasn't yet developed completely.

At 17? That's the American perception, not universal notion.

by Anonymousreply 107December 6, 2017 10:18 PM

R104 I agree at best the timing is well, awkward.

by Anonymousreply 108December 6, 2017 10:18 PM

The push to normalize pedophilia and incest must be separated from the gay community.

We cannot allow them to use us as a shield under some "queer" umbrella. They are trying to use legal rights to bootstrap, which is bad enough.

This movie has the same potential audience as Chad' s World. Grooming victims and predators.

N A M B L A types, take Dan Savage and Bryan Singer and sink or swim on your own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 6, 2017 10:28 PM

The Guardian is a big agenda promoter.

The still in puberty appearance is a problem for many, but The Guardian thinks more explicit sex was the answer.

Didn't people grow up hearing "16 gets you 18!"

Adults, mitts off minors. It's not glamorous or edgy, you look like an arrested development perv who can't get or keep an adult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 6, 2017 10:35 PM

I myself am in a relationship with much younger man. When we first met I was 48, he was 12. I became a friend of his parents to be closer to him and felt the spark between us from the very beginning. I was giving him money and lavish gifts secretly, just to have a chance to look at his sweet eyes and sometimes watch him under the shower and fantasise about popping his cherry. He soon made a move on me, but I resisted. We've been meeting secretly but expressed our love in a purely platonic way, at most we masturbated while looking at each other. I've waited patiently counting the days till he became legal, till the very hour of his birth. Then I ravished his ass and came like a horse all over his face. It was wonderful and I agree with those who said it is always better to wait until the young man becomes an adult in the eyes of law. I am strobgly against pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 111December 6, 2017 10:35 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 6, 2017 10:39 PM

R111 have you seen the movie yet and did you like it?

by Anonymousreply 113December 6, 2017 10:40 PM

R111 12 yr. old lust much? Are we suppose to applaud you're 'I wont touch/touched him until he's older' declaration? Fool..

by Anonymousreply 114December 6, 2017 10:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 6, 2017 10:45 PM

R115 how so? Nothing comes up when I click on it

by Anonymousreply 116December 6, 2017 10:51 PM

The relationship portrayed in the aformentioned movie pertains to ephebophilia, not pedophilia. Words have meanings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 6, 2017 11:03 PM

There's one or two Paedogeddon Trolls spamming this thread. Couple of blocks and it almost reads like normal people are having a discussion here.

by Anonymousreply 118December 6, 2017 11:04 PM

He's basically claiming everyone in H'wood is a pedo except MJ.

by Anonymousreply 119December 6, 2017 11:13 PM

A male enters puberty by 10-13 years of age so there is nothing wrong with the story of a 17 year old and a 24 year old being together and in love. I can relate to R111 as I am also in love with a much younger man but unlike R111, I won't wait till he is of "legal age" since that has no bearing on the physical and emotional maturity of most young men. Instead I will wait until the young man I'm in love with is ready for more than kissing and cuddling, which may occur before he turns 18. 18 is just an arbitrary number and everyone matures at a different pace. Some are ready 14 or 15, some a bit earlier, some a bit later.

by Anonymousreply 120December 6, 2017 11:14 PM

[quote]We all know if Chalamet's character was female no one would bat an eyelid.

This is heterosexual privilege in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 121December 6, 2017 11:14 PM

All heterosexuality is rape regardless of the age of the partners.

by Anonymousreply 122December 6, 2017 11:14 PM

R121 Did you not read the original article? It says Louis C. K & Chole Grace Moretz movie with romance between an adult man and a young girl will not be released due to the controversial subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 123December 6, 2017 11:27 PM

This is a similar reaction that happened in the past with Lolita and Pretty Baby. I would have made the boy 18 and just avoided all this uproar. The book wasn’t that good. Just wait until the religious right learns about the peach and cum. I really think this movie should be shelved. It is not the appropriate time.

The age of consent in NJ is 16, but you don’t see older guys dating high schoolers. It’s interesting that the Mann act would apply if they went from NJ into another state with the same age of consent. Crossing state lines with a minor to have sex is a federal crime.

by Anonymousreply 124December 6, 2017 11:39 PM

Come on R124 get real Pretty Baby (the film with Brooke Shields?) was creepy. Every pedophiles' wet dream

by Anonymousreply 125December 6, 2017 11:41 PM

Discuss here instead:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 6, 2017 11:43 PM

[quote] Come on [R124] get real Pretty Baby (the film with Brooke Shields?) was creepy. Every pedophiles' wet dream

Paramount came in second for the bidding war to the movie rights to [italic]Annie[/italic], and based on that I'm glad they didn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 127December 6, 2017 11:44 PM

Discussion has been moved here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 6, 2017 11:44 PM

R128 STFU or else.

This is the thread.

You KNOW I am not fooling.

by Anonymousreply 129December 6, 2017 11:50 PM

Nope.

New thread here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 6, 2017 11:50 PM

How many people here have even seen the film?

by Anonymousreply 131December 7, 2017 12:05 AM

NEW THREAD HERE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 7, 2017 12:05 AM

How will it be a hit when Armie has not had a solo hit yet?

by Anonymousreply 133December 7, 2017 12:08 AM

NEW THREAD HERE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 7, 2017 12:09 AM

Armie looks older than his age - but he does not look 40!

by Anonymousreply 135December 7, 2017 12:10 AM

NEW THREAD HERE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 7, 2017 12:10 AM

Why when we are still talking about Corey in the other thread?

by Anonymousreply 137December 7, 2017 12:35 AM

NEW THREAD HERE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 7, 2017 12:37 AM

Hammer doesn't look 40, you hysterical queens. And WHO CARES what he looks like? People don't decide on these questions based on how old they look like.

by Anonymousreply 139December 7, 2017 12:45 AM

NEW THREAD HERE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 7, 2017 12:46 AM

They probably wanted to be edgy and have the character be 17. This was filmed and in the can long before everything hit the fan with Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 141December 7, 2017 12:57 AM

NEW THREAD HERE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 7, 2017 12:58 AM

True r41.

by Anonymousreply 143December 7, 2017 12:59 AM

If they made a movie about the death of Ann B. Davis, how many threads would there be about it?

by Anonymousreply 144December 7, 2017 12:59 AM

NEW THREAD HERE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 7, 2017 12:59 AM

r98 Perfect idiot.

by Anonymousreply 146December 7, 2017 10:48 PM

I really don't like the idea of kowtowing to the 'wrong time for this movie' ninnies. I'm not liking the fallout of the #metoo push to Puritanism. WTF! It's really getting on my last nerves. Cut the shit, millennials and other sheep. Grow up, mature and stop seeing pedo tendencies everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 147December 8, 2017 5:44 AM

agreed r147

by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2017 3:15 AM

Agreed big time. Puritanism on DL is really strange to see. And so much of it.

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2017 3:17 PM

Why does Corey Feldman seem to think anybody values his opinion? I just want to see him performing train wreck music and weeping about it.

by Anonymousreply 150December 11, 2017 10:10 PM

keep yappin u old groupie, corey......

ur jus sellin more tix for this masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 151February 9, 2018 3:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!