Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Royal Wedding Church Staff Have Been Instructed to Watch SUITS

To prepare for the upcoming nuptials between California queen Meghan Markle and royal ginger Prince Harry, stewards who will be working during the ceremony have been given extremely specific regal instructions: catch up on the TV legal drama Suits.

Markle, as you surely know, made a name for herself as one of the stars of Suits before falling in love with a prince. And so, the Captain of the Lay Stewards at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Chapel, where the royal wedding will be held in May, reportedly told all the stewards (whose usual job is to assist with the chapel’s Sunday services) to watch the USA Network show to familiarize themselves with the guest list.

by Anonymousreply 1212/06/2017

"extremely specific regal instructions"" ....oh, come now. stewards are only church ushers, seven a service .... this is just so staff will recognize faces if any of the SuITS cast are invited and come to the wedding. Cut this "extremely specific regal instructions? crap.

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2017

Oh ... that's who she is? I haven't been paying attention, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2017

I loved the Donna character, she was pretty funny. I also used to like Harvey’s suits, they looked so much more slick and professional than what they used to dress the Mike character in. I guess that was the point, to show Mike as youthful and a neophyte and Harvey as a powerful experienced leader.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2017

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2017

Can you imagine being an actor on this third rate cable series that NO ONE (that I know anyway) watches and now you’re on the guest list for the next big royal wedding? I do like this Markle princess-to-be, but this is a little absurd. Can’t she trade up for A-listers?

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2017

Suits had a decent amount of viewers the first season but it dropped off dramatically. From 4.6 million, which is good for cable, to around 1.6 this last season. So it seems like it’s attracting just a cult audience now. I don’t think it’s very expensive though, they only do about a week of exteriors in NYC and the rest is done in Toronto, which fools no one.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2017

'Suits' is a decent series, and definitely not "third rate," and Gabriel Macht in a nice suit is just ... wow.

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2017

It’s hardly Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad, R7. It’s not even Walking Dead or, I don’t know, some Ryan Murphy mess. It’s third rate and no one admits to watching it. I’ve never heard a single person recommend it, or even talk about it outside of this woman dating Prince Harry.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2017

It doesn’t get a lot of chatter. She certainly can’t say she was famous from her role. She wasn’t a complete minor character though, she had lines every episode and sometimes pages. I watched the first three seasons, the plotlines were getting very complicated and boring. But one episode it was revealed her character Rachel was black (ish) by showing her very black father who was a high powered attorney. Race was never mentioned, it wasn’t presented as anything but a demanding father and strong willed but eager to please daughter. I *think* she did a PSA spot on the network immediately afterwards though about racism.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2017

Are they trying to bolster the ratings to make her seem like an in-demand successful actress?

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2017

I’ve been a fan of the show since season 1.

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2017

We know, Your Highness.

by Anonymousreply 1212/06/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!