Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Would you ever give Permission for your partner to sleep with someone else?

If you want to end up with your partner forever, don't you want to explore other people beforehand? Because forever is a fucking long time to never touch another dick!

by Dan Stevensreply 20Last Wednesday at 11:43 AM

Forever = 5 years in gay time.

by Dan Stevensreply 1Last Wednesday at 2:04 AM

Yeh, I don't care. My partner is my default person, my travel partner, the only one I'd want to live with, but what do I care if he (or me) plays with some other dicks. Dicks are fun. Go for it.

by Dan Stevensreply 2Last Wednesday at 2:24 AM

Yes I would, OP. It’s not that big of a deal. I’m a frau, btw.

I am not sure that I’d want to participate in it or see it, because I’m not in to women sexually at all, but if my partner wanted something like that, I wouldn’t be too freaked out.

And no. I wouldn’t be upset if he wanted to have sex with another man, either. As long as condoms are used, NBD.

by Dan Stevensreply 3Last Wednesday at 2:28 AM

R3 progressive frau, good for you!

by Dan Stevensreply 4Last Wednesday at 2:33 AM

Its not a long time when you have found THE dick youve been looking for all your life.

by Dan Stevensreply 5Last Wednesday at 2:33 AM

Only if I could watch.

by Dan Stevensreply 6Last Wednesday at 2:37 AM

I'm not overly concerned about monogamy.

However, I've noticed there seems to be a high correlation between people who want to sleep with other people and other personality traits that I don't find desirable, and more pointedly, which usually lead to the eventual end of relationships.

While obviously not a blanket statement and not applicable to every person, these people tend to be "grass is greener" types always looking for the next better, unwilling to make tradeoffs and compromises in a relationship (relationships are hard and require both parties to work and make tradeoffs and sacrifices), some difficulty with impulse control, or some combination of these.

Of course, one ought not be unhappy in a relationship, but the idea that anyone is deliriously happy all the time is silly. Often there is something self-centered is people who either view not sleeping with other people as a deprivation. Sex is important, but relationships require other things to work to be successful.

by Dan Stevensreply 7Last Wednesday at 4:12 AM

No, I'm not wired that way. If he felt the need to be with someone else, then just put the cards on the table and deal with the consequences. I wouldn't cheat on him.

by Dan Stevensreply 8Last Wednesday at 5:58 AM

My past relationships so far have been monogamous as far as I know. I think I would be ok with it but I have no idea of the reality of an open relationship.

by Dan Stevensreply 9Last Wednesday at 6:05 AM

Yes, but it only works if you establish rules and abide by them.

by Dan Stevensreply 10Last Wednesday at 6:10 AM

I have been single for some time. I think any outside arrangements would only develop after a suitable period (if at all).

I guess YMMV applies here.

by Dan Stevensreply 11Last Wednesday at 6:14 AM

I think I would, but I really can't imagine him wanting that.

by Dan Stevensreply 12Last Wednesday at 6:17 AM

I have no problem with it as long as it makes him happy. Lying about it, on the other hand, is the deal breaker. I can't stand duplicity because there really isn't room for it in an adult relationship.

by Dan Stevensreply 13Last Wednesday at 6:37 AM

I would never presume to give my partner "permission" to do anything. He is free to do what he wants. But, as R8 says, there would be consequences. I had a bf broach this subject with me after we'd been dating about four years. I thanked him for being honest and soon ended the relationship. If you're not sexually satisfied with me, I want you to go ahead and seek your pleasures however and with whomever you want. I just won't be part of the equation.

by Dan Stevensreply 14Last Wednesday at 6:41 AM

You broke up with someone for simply bringing up the subject, R14?

by Dan Stevensreply 15Last Wednesday at 6:49 AM

Yes, R15, because I asked him if he was going to do it behind my back if I didn't "agree" to it -- and to his credit, he admitted that he probably would at some point.

by Dan Stevensreply 16Last Wednesday at 6:52 AM

Ah, that makes more sense then.

by Dan Stevensreply 17Last Wednesday at 7:01 AM

I'm glad R14 has entered his twilight years with his morals intact, if not with a man.

by Dan Stevensreply 18Last Wednesday at 7:19 AM

LOL, r18!

by Dan Stevensreply 19Last Wednesday at 9:28 AM

If you're a gay, your "partner" has already slept with someone else. It's ridiculous to think he needs permission to do something he already has done and will continue to do anyway.

by Dan Stevensreply 20Last Wednesday at 11:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!