Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Roy Moore in anti-Semitism storm as he says Jewish billionaire George Soros will go to HELL

[bold]Accused pedophile Roy Moore in anti-Semitism storm as he says Jewish billionaire George Soros will go to HELL - then suggests all non-Christians will too[/bold]

Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore was accused Tuesday of launching an anti-Semitic attack after he said Jewish financier George Soros was going to the place where people who don't accept God's 'salvation are going' – meaning hell.

The alleged pedophile got into the new row as accusations he sexually assaulted teenage girls and has lied about dating high school girls when in his thirties mounted.

In comments on Christian conservative host Bryan Fischer’s radio show, Moore described Soros, a billionaire who bankrolls liberal causes, as having an agenda that is 'not American culture.'

Soros was the subject of a breathless story in conservative Brietbart.com that accused his foundation of being 'in Alabama to Register Convicted Felons to Vote Against Roy Moore.'

'Soros is trying to alter the voting populous. That’s true. He’s pushing an agenda. And his agenda is sexual in nature,' said Moore.

'No matter how much money he’s got, he's still going to the same place that people who don't recognize God and morality and accept his salvation are going,' Senate Republican candidate Roy Moore said of billionaire George Soros, who is Jewish

The attack on George Soros was not addressed by the White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders when she was asked about it. President Trump's daughter, son-in-law and three of his grandchildren are Jewish

'His agenda is liberal and not what Americans need. It’s not American culture. Soros comes from another world that I don’t identify with. I wish I could fact him, face him directly,' Moore continued as he discussed Soros.

Then Moore had a message for Soros and others he said 'don't recognize God and morality.'

'And I’d tell him the same thing. No matter how much money he’s got, he's still going to the same place that people who don't recognize God and morality and accept his salvation are going. And that’s not a good place,' he said.

Fischer worked for the American Family Association until the group distanced itself from him, TalkingPointsMemo reported.

Moore's attack follows a Breitbart.com story that a Soros-funded 'army' was 'in Alabama to Register Convicted Felons to Vote Against Roy Moore.'

One anti-Moore conservative group, the Reagan battalion, called his attack on Soros 'straight up anti-semitism.'

And Rabbi Jack Moline, president of Interfaith Alliance, told AL.com: 'Roy Moore owes George Soros and the entire Jewish community an apology for comments he made that are clearly anti-Semitic.'

Moore's spokesman however said that the comments were 'anti-George Soros' and therefore no apology was needed.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Wednesday at 2:41 PM

He will still win

by Anonymousreply 1Last Tuesday at 2:33 PM

Alternate source

by Anonymousreply 2Last Tuesday at 2:33 PM

If I remember correctly, it wasn’t George Soros who was fucking 14 year old girls with their mother’s permission.

Soros can also go into any mall in Alabama, while Moore has to wait outside with the other dogs.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Tuesday at 2:36 PM

Mentioning Soros is going to bring out our resident conspiracy nut Poo Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Tuesday at 2:39 PM

You know Moore believes that all non-Christians will go to hell. Ditto for homosexuals and probably Catholics. What a hypocrite underneath all the hate.

Our next Senator from Alabama! The GOP should be referred to as the Moore Republican Party the day he wins.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Tuesday at 2:45 PM

Where do “Christians” like Moore go who like to fuck teenage girls, R5? I would love to know, because I don’t want to go there.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Tuesday at 2:47 PM

Do you actually think Moore's antisemitism is going to dissuade folks in Alabama? It'll probably play well with those meatheads.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Tuesday at 2:51 PM

Exactly @R7 He will win for sure now. I thought the south had changed. It obviously hasn’t

by Anonymousreply 8Last Tuesday at 2:53 PM

but his Chrisitianist fandom need Jews(i.e Israel ) to fulfill their end of times rapture, so he'd better tread lightly

by Anonymousreply 9Last Tuesday at 2:53 PM

I don't know about Soros, but anyone who continues to refer to adult males who try to connect with girls of 14-17 a pedophile should all go to hell.

That term needs to be reserved for the lowest sex offenders of the low. The true perverts of society, If you have ever seen a female infant split open by a man in the act of intercourse, you would agree with this.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Tuesday at 3:00 PM

Thank you r10. How many times I've heard people call a guy a pedo and think he's fucking actual children, only to find out he's fucking teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Tuesday at 3:04 PM

Threatening non-Christians with hell is like threatening him he'll be reincarnated as cockroach for being so disgusting and vile. You get the sentiment but it's not really convincing anyone.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Tuesday at 3:06 PM

Oh jeez. He's gonna win in a landslide now. This IS Alabama. They hate Catholics and Jews. Hell they still have segregated sororities at Bama.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Tuesday at 3:07 PM

R11, potayto-potato.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Tuesday at 3:08 PM

The Jews are the people who called our Lord.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Tuesday at 3:12 PM

^Killed-not called

by Anonymousreply 16Last Tuesday at 3:13 PM

Gee, Moore is really luck he was born a straight Southern Christian and won't burn in hell. Really lucky. God's Favorite People.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Tuesday at 3:16 PM

[quote]Hell they still have segregated sororities at Bama.

Not anymore, although integration didn't happen until four years ago and they had to be shamed into it by the media.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Tuesday at 3:18 PM

Of course non Christians go to hell. Outside of Christ you will stand before God guilty of your sins and bear the wrath you deserve for them.

R17 All people are born into this world by nature haters of God (Romans 5). You have Adam's sinful nature imputed to you. If you do not repent you will perish. The same is true for all men. Whether you're a homosexual or a heterosexual who desires to fornicate, commit adultery...etc.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Tuesday at 3:20 PM

Moore is bad man.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Tuesday at 3:22 PM

[quote]You know Moore believes that all non-Christians will go to hell. Ditto for homosexuals and probably Catholics.

And all liberals whether they call themselves Christian or not. I don't think his attack was any more anti-semitic than it was just an attack on a wealthy man who funds liberal causes. And as some have already said, that'll make him more popular with Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Tuesday at 3:26 PM

Uh oh. Get a load of r19. I'm in big trouble with Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Tuesday at 3:26 PM

Well, I don’t agree with his child-raping, but I do like his anti-semitism. Oh, what the heck, I’m votin' for him!

by Anonymousreply 24Last Tuesday at 3:38 PM

This only brings him more love from his supporters.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Tuesday at 3:41 PM

Birmingham, ALABAMA — Court documents related to Tina Johnson, an Alabama woman who claims that Republican senatorial candidate Roy Moore groped her in his office decades ago, may raise questions about Johnson’s motives in making the accusation.

The documents, reviewed by Breitbart News, show that Moore represented Johnson’s mother in a nasty custody case for Johnson’s then 12-year-old son, Daniel Sitz. In the case, Johnson was repeatedly painted by Moore’s client as an unfit, absent, and unstable mother and was accused of taking her son from his elementary school against his will. Johnson’s mother was ultimately awarded custody in the case.

One affidavit signed by Johnson’s mother while she was represented by Moore accused Johnson of having a “violent nature” and noted that she “has been treated by a psychiatrist when she was approximately 15 years of age.” Johnson was a teenage mother.

Separate criminal documents show that, as late as 2010, Johnson was arrested and pled guilty to felony fraud charges related to checks belonging to a family member. She also entered a court drug program.

Speaking to AL.com, Johnson first went public with the claim that Moore groped her when she was “on legal business with her mother” in 1991. The website noted that “Johnson reached out to AL.com” to discuss her alleged experience with Moore.

The website related that Johnson was “at the office to sign over custody of her 12-year-old son to her mother, with whom he’d been living.”

Johnson claimed that, after the two met with Moore, her mother walked out of the office door first and that, as Johnson was walking out, Moore grabbed her buttocks from behind. “He didn’t pinch it; he grabbed it,” she claims.

Johnson claims that she was so surprised by Moore’s alleged actions that she didn’t mention anything to her mother — even though Johnson described her mother as sitting next to her in Moore’s office just before the alleged incident.

Johnson’s mother, Mary Katherine Cofield, had hired Moore, then a private attorney, to represent her in the custody case for Johnson’s son, Daniel Sitz. The custody documents, filed by Moore, refer to Johnson by her married name at the time, Tina Sitz.

AL.com reported that it “located the court documents from 1991, detailing the custody transfer.”

by Anonymousreply 26Last Tuesday at 3:43 PM

Years ago a local mayor in my redstate hellhole was posting antisemitic memes on our newspaper forums. He still had tons of support until people started publicizing it online and it got some minor traction in the news, then he lost the next election, mostly because people wanted to be antisemitic but didn't want it made public.

Nowadays Republicans don't care that it's out in the open. This will probably win him votes.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Tuesday at 3:43 PM

The website did not report on the nastiness of the soap opera-like custody case or that Moore’s client filed numerous court documents with allegations against Johnson. In one affidavit, Cofield stated that Johnson “has a violent nature and has been treated by a psychiatrist when she was approximately 15 years of age.”

Another document, signed by Moore, stated that Cofield — and not Johnson — was the “most fit and proper person” to have custody of Daniel Sitz.

Johnson’s son had resided with his grandmother, Cofield, since he was nine months old. Cofield says that, during those years, she provided Daniel with food, clothing, and shelter “without any assistance” from Johnson. A judge officially granted Cofield full custody on September 23, 1991.

In the custody documents, Johnson is accused of taking her son against his will. A September 11, 1991, affidavit signed by Daniel says that two days earlier, Johnson took him from elementary school “against my will and made me go to her home.”

An affidavit signed by Johnson’s mother claimed that Johnson took Daniel from school “forcefully and without my permission.”

Immediately after the school incident, documented by Moore’s office, Cofield was granted temporary custody of Daniel until the September 23 hearing at which she received permanent custody.

Daniel stated that he wants to “live with my grandmother with whom I have lived as long as I can remember.”

The AL.com article, meanwhile, mentioned in one sentence in the 18th paragraph of its story that Johnson “has pled guilty to writing bad checks, and for third-degree theft of property, which she said stemmed from family disagreement over the care of her late stepfather.”

Criminal and court records reviewed by Breitbart News find that she was arrested on February 25, 2010, for the felony charge of criminal possession of a forged instrument and theft by deception. She spent one day in jail and was released on bond.

The case revolved around the charges of intent to “defraud, possess or utter” checks in the amounts of $288, $129.96, $259.92, $300, and $170 respectively. She was also charged with obtaining or exerting unauthorized control over five checks for $25 each with intent to “deprive the owner of said property.”

Those five checks were in the name of “W.G. Cofield,” ostensibly her late stepfather. Cofield personally appeared to file charges against Johnson, criminal records show.

Johnson claims that Moore groped her in 1991 at his private law practice on Third Street in Gadsden, Alabama.

Last week, Breitbart News interviewed Delbra Adams, Moore’s former longtime secretary and judicial assistant. Adams said that, in her 13 years of working for Moore, she never saw or experienced any inappropriate conduct toward women.

Adams worked for Moore in 1991 at the time of Johnson’s accusations. Adams’s desk was right outside his office door at the time. Adams’ name was signed as a notary on one of the custody documents filed in Johnson’s case on behalf of Johnson’s mother, Cofield.

Numerous attempts to reach Johnson for comment were unsuccessful.

Moore has strenuously denied the numerous accusations against him.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Tuesday at 3:43 PM

Soros? Not Hillary and Obama? Are you sure, pedophile?

by Anonymousreply 29Last Tuesday at 3:49 PM

Who are these gays here defending Moore with quotes from Breitbart articles? Guys - he thinks we should be PUT TO DEATH.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Tuesday at 3:50 PM

and I suppose Roy Moore thinks he will be rewarded with 40 virgins, teenagers still in high school.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Tuesday at 3:52 PM

Well I hope Trump assigns Jared to work with Roy Moore, if that asshole wins the election. With assistance from Gary Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Tuesday at 3:55 PM

He's copying Trump in being as outrageous as possible. Hatred against others energizes his camp so they will come out to support him and vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Tuesday at 3:57 PM

Are R19 and R26 etc. the same disgusting trash?

by Anonymousreply 34Last Tuesday at 4:06 PM

"God Almighty does not hear the prayer of a Jew." - Dr. Bailey Smith, President, Southern Baptist Convention

by Anonymousreply 35Last Tuesday at 4:10 PM

Roy sure knows how to please his demographic!

by Anonymousreply 36Last Tuesday at 4:17 PM

If the African-American population in Alabama actually showed at the voting precincts, Jones would win. There is not enough motivated white Democrats to do it alone.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Tuesday at 5:09 PM

Is there anyone intelligent in Alabama? I've yet to meet anyone from there and all I see on tv are Moore supporting white people.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Tuesday at 5:23 PM

Soros is not exactly someone we want on our side, either.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Tuesday at 5:38 PM

R37, so I'm a sure Black Lives Matter is down there getting out the vote.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Tuesday at 6:12 PM

If him being a pedo doesn't matter to voters, what in the hell makes anyone think being an anti-Semite will matter??

by Anonymousreply 41Last Tuesday at 6:17 PM

Anyone who would rather have a het-pedo in power than a homosexual who obeys age of consent laws should not be allowed to vote.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Tuesday at 6:19 PM

Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 43Last Tuesday at 6:20 PM

This is it folks. This is the new and improved GOP. Shock jock politics, criminal activity, rape, misogyny, anti-semitism, anti Muslim, anti gay, anti education.

All in all, anti democracy.

I am seriously considering my options about relocating. I’ve never considered it until this week. I speak several languages, so I can easily live in Canada or Europe.

I’m just not sure that this is going to be sustainable for much longer. I don’t see us getting out of this. Trump could die of a heart attack tomorrow, and this will still continue. What we are seeing now is here to stay. All of the United States has been reduced to the wild, wild West.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Tuesday at 6:26 PM

I blame whoever greenlighted that fucking Apprentice show.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Tuesday at 6:29 PM

[quote] This is the new and improved GOP. Shock jock politics, criminal activity, rape, misogyny, anti-semitism, anti Muslim, anti gay, anti education.

No. None of this new for the GOP. This has been going on for years.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Tuesday at 6:31 PM

Conservatives are truly sick people. Brietbart.com accusing a Soros-backed foundation of "being 'in Alabama to Register Convicted Felons to Vote Against Roy Moore?" Yeah? That's called voter registration.That's called making sure that all Americans who have the right to vote, vote. Nevermind that these "convicted felons" have the right to vote, to suggest that this "Soros group" is specifically targeting convicted felons alone is just so manipulative and ugly.

This is how deplorables view voting. American citizens legally exercising their right to vote is presented as some sick, evil conspiracy against this nation's basic values. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Tuesday at 6:34 PM

OK, R46. True enough. It’s just undeniable now.

Heartbreaking, nevertheless.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Tuesday at 6:35 PM

Netanyahu's son Yair draws fire after posting 'antisemitic cartoon'

Picture put on Facebook shows George Soros, reptilian creature and figure similar to antisemitic ‘happy merchant’ image

by Anonymousreply 49Last Tuesday at 6:42 PM

Anti-Jewish bigotry and hatred are entrenched and institutionalized in America, a socially acceptable form of scapegoating. Moore's public vitriol is simply another day in bigoted America.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Tuesday at 6:44 PM

Any chance he will lose? Dems should get out and vote .

by Anonymousreply 51Last Tuesday at 6:48 PM

R49 finds an enabler for her bigotry in the Guardian, that embarrassment of a rag that calls itself "liberal" while defending and promoting reactionary, hate-filled ideologies.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Tuesday at 6:51 PM

R49 is a woman?

by Anonymousreply 53Last Tuesday at 6:57 PM

R49 is a man?

by Anonymousreply 54Last Tuesday at 7:07 PM

Pedo

Pedo

Pedo

Pedo

Pedo

by Anonymousreply 55Last Tuesday at 7:09 PM

What exactly does a Pedometer measure?

by Anonymousreply 56Last Tuesday at 7:13 PM

R56 How many underage girls he has tried to fuck? I think Moore broke his Pedometer a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Tuesday at 7:20 PM

Now he just needs to use the "N" word, and he'll win in a landslide!

by Anonymousreply 58Last Tuesday at 7:46 PM

How will it work when he goes to the Senate? Who will associate with him? The Dems will shun him for sure. The Republicans really want their constituents in their states to see them being chummy with Moore?

by Anonymousreply 59Last Tuesday at 7:50 PM

r59 the repubs will pressure or force him to step down and be replaced by another republican.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Tuesday at 7:52 PM

[quote] If the African-American population in Alabama actually showed at the voting precincts, Jones would win.

Some of them support Moore, babe. They’re on television babbling away with the rest of the rednecks.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Tuesday at 8:02 PM

[quote] Anti-Jewish bigotry and hatred are entrenched and institutionalized in America, a socially acceptable form of scapegoating. Moore's public vitriol is simply another day in bigoted America.

Not really. Soros I’d hated by Right-wing Jews. They believe he marched them to the gas chambers. Soros is the boogeyman of the left and the right now.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Tuesday at 8:03 PM

All of those deplorables are Nazis...nothing new there.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Tuesday at 8:06 PM

I have no use for anyone who is so damn stupid that they think Deplorables are worth defending.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Tuesday at 8:09 PM

[quote]Not really. Soros I’d hated by Right-wing Jews. They believe he marched them to the gas chambers. Soros is the boogeyman of the left and the right now.

Some of the things he's funding aren't exactly what I would call in gay people's best interest despite the claims otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Tuesday at 8:27 PM

Soros is the latest in 1,700 year of scapegoating Jews, socially and culturally well-known to both the Right and Left united in spewing it.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Tuesday at 8:42 PM

How is encouraging gay boys to become eunuchs or teenage lesbians to bind or cut off their breasts in any way "progressive"?

by Anonymousreply 67Last Tuesday at 8:47 PM

Of course, Moore would *never* take advantage of a distressed mother's child custody situation to get his dick wet. And Moore would *never* rule against that mother when she rejected his advances.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Wednesday at 1:32 AM

Fuck you and your Washington Times and Breitbart links. Why exactly shouldn't we be proud to have someone like Soros on our side? The man has never done anything other than to support democracy around the world. Something that cannot be said for the Mercer's or the Koch brothers.

Enough with the fucking lies and conspiracies about George Soros. The stinking anti-Semitic shit stains on here need to go back to Breitbart and get mental help.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Wednesday at 1:39 AM

Money trumps everything. It won't matter. Oh I said trump. I made a funny.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Wednesday at 1:52 AM

Thank you, r69.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Wednesday at 2:20 AM

[quote]If the African-American population in Alabama actually showed at the voting precincts, Jones would win. There is not enough motivated white Democrats to do it alone.

I Googled this and now I'm not so sure that's true. Here's the first of two articles I'll link:

[quote][bold]Jones rallies black voters to turn out against Moore[/bold]

[quote]Jones is leaning on his own civil rights record as a federal prosecutor and emphasizing education to maximize support from black voters. But years of Democratic losses have weakened voter interest and atrophied the state party, which is also riven by conflict between the different factions that remain. That has forced Jones to build a coalition almost from scratch in the last few months, leading some to criticize Jones for starting black outreach too late.

[quote]“The challenge that Doug has — that most Democrats have — is that there is no party infrastructure ... to organize voter turnout other than local Democratic parties,” said Mark Kennedy, a former chairman of the Alabama Democratic Party. “So Doug, unfortunately, is probably on his own when it comes to Election Day.”

[quote]Jones’ outreach has only recently hit top gear, according to African-American leaders in the state. Jones’ campaign had to navigate rifts and competition between the Alabama Democratic Party and other Democratic groups — including the Alabama New South Coalition and the Alabama Democratic Conference — as it got organized this fall. The final-month allegations of sexual misconduct against Moore also lent new urgency to what had previously been seen as a very long-shot campaign for Jones.

[quote]“I was very concerned early on that too few efforts were being made to organize and mobilize the black vote,” said Alabama state Sen. Hank Sanders. “But there are certainly more efforts in the last week or so.”

[quote]Faya Rose Toure, the lead activist with the Alabama New South Coalition, said she’s directed her team’s efforts as part of its “Vote or Die” campaign to focus on Alabama’s “Black Belt” region in the final few weeks of the campaign. Alabama’s black vote is concentrated in its biggest cities, but there is also a sizable share in smaller counties like Selma’s, which is two-thirds African-American.

[quote]“At the last minute we had a situation where there were hardly no resources in the Black Belt for Doug Jones’ campaign and now two weeks before they put resources here,” Toure said, adding that now Democrats have finally come in to help. “They do have people on the ground here. But it’s just so limited.”

[quote]Jones has cleared one key hurdle with voters: Lavernia Willoughby, a parade-goer in Selma, said she believes the Democrat can defeat Moore. Jones’ stronger-than-usual polling numbers and Moore’s misconduct allegations have inspired hope in some black voters that they could help a candidate win statewide for the first time in years.

[quote]“All we gotta do is vote,” Willoughby said, adding that Jones “needs everybody to vote for him. He needs everybody to come out and vote for him.”

[quote]But not every black supporter on Saturday was as optimistic. Chevonne Norfleet said she plans to back Jones, but she paused and conceded worries about Jones’ chances as she stood outside a barbershop.

[quote]“Maybe in the black people’s eye,” Norfleet said. “It’s a Republican state.”

by Anonymousreply 72Last Wednesday at 3:47 AM

And excerpts from the other article:

[quote][bold]Don’t Blame Black Voters If Doug Jones Loses to Roy Moore[/bold]

[quote]The narrative that black voters can swing the seat for the Democrats has become a popular media meme, and, some fear, a ready-made excuse if the voters of Alabama send an accused serial child molester to Washington. Black Alabamians, who overwhelmingly support Moore’s opponent Doug Jones and whose political leaders are working toward a victory for him in the close-polling race, say “not so fast.”

[quote]“I’ve noticed there have been articles, in The Washington Post, on AL.com etc., about the black vote,” said Judge Steven L. Reed, a probate judge and the chief election official of Montgomery County, and the son of the longtime leader of the Alabama Democratic Conference, Joe Reed. “I don’t really think this election is a referendum on the black vote. The question has to be asked, what about the good white people?… The question is will the good white people do the right thing and vote for the person and not the party.”

[quote]“His message has been simply, ‘I prosecuted the men for the “four little girls” bombing’ and that’s it,” Guster said. “There’s no message about what he’s going to do for the black community, what else he has done besides the prosecution to enhance the black community, and what he has done to earn our vote.”

[quote]A text message targeting black voters and obtained by The Daily Beast reads: “Hi ___, this is Cara with Doug Jones for Senate. As U.S. Attorney he took on the Klan and convicted two Klansmen for the murder of four little girls. I’m supporting Doug because he’ll fight for us - can he count on your vote on Dec. 12th?”

[quote]Guster said the Klan prosecution has also been the singular message in Jones’ Facebook ads targeting black audiences, and he said that in some ways, the campaign has tried to have it both ways, even attempting to appeal to white Alabamians with a Facebook ad in which Jones praises the tactical skill of the Confederate army to explain that he would fight for bipartisanship in congress.

[quote]“It’s one of those situations where he feels that he’s just going to get the black vote,” Guster said. “It’s very similar to what Hillary did, where she did not reach the black community with a message of what she would do [for African Americans] if she wins. The message was: ‘Trump is bad, vote for me.’ Jones’ message is ‘Moore is bad, vote for me.’ There’s no concise message to earn our votes.”

[quote]“The black vote only makes up 25 percent of the electorate,” Reed said, noting that in addition to the allegations of preying on teenage girls when he was a prosecutor in his thirties, Moore, 70, opposed removing segregationist language from the state constitution, something neither man mentioned the Jones campaign has played up with black voters. “This is really about what the GOP voters of Alabama are going to do. This is another [George] Wallace-like moment that will determine how people view Alabama. Do they view Alabama in a segregation-era context or in a modern context.”

[…]

[quote]Still, for black Alabamans involved in politics, the Senate contest does represent a chance to register and energize black voters who have seen serial disappointments at the polls despite achieving record turnout for Obama in 2008 and 2012, and who have watched Trump try to dismantle Obama’s achievements one by one. And Reed, who was a Clinton delegate in 2016, said the party would be wise to take advantage of it.

[quote]“I think the attitude here is one of hopeful optimism that with each new election there comes an opportunity to put our agenda forward and show the electorate that we have better ideas than the Republican Party for the average Alabaman,” Reed said. “There’s also a pragmatism that’s attached to that, [but] we’re still going to work to get out the vote” on Dec. 12.

Both articles are too long to copy & paste the whole thing

by Anonymousreply 73Last Wednesday at 3:48 AM

And one more thing

[quote][bold]Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married[/bold]

Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore's account of when he began dating his wife Kayla would place the start of their courtship before her divorce from her first husband, according to court documents.

This comes as the Moore campaign's defense of the retired judge against multiple allegations of sexual misconduct hinges on disputing minute details of the accusers' versions of events.

On Tuesday afternoon, the Washington Examiner asked Moore's campaign to explain apparent contradictions between his account of his relationship with Kayla Kisor and information contained in public records.

“Regardless of when they met, Judge and Kayla did not date while she was still with her ex-husband or legally married,” campaign spokesman Brett Doster responded by email.

Moore claims in his 2005 book “So Help Me God” to have met Kayla at a church gathering the week before Christmas in 1984.

“I was determined to get to know her, but Kayla, divorced and with a beautiful little girl, Heather, who was nearly a year old, was not interested in a relationship with anyone,” he later wrote of the encounter.

Divorce records obtained by the Washington Examiner show that Kayla, however, had not yet even filed for divorce from her first husband, John Charles Heald, by the time she caught Moore’s attention at the Christmas gathering. In fact, Kayla and Heald had only just separated on Dec. 1, 1984, two weeks before her and Moore’s serendipitous introduction.

The same records show Kayla filed for divorce at a courthouse in Floyd County, Ga., on Dec. 28, 1984. The divorce was finalized nearly four months later on April 19, and a permanent custody judgment was issued on Jan. 9, 1989.

By Moore’s account, he and Kayla began dating “soon after” she visited the law office of his colleague “early in the new year” of 1985. They dated for “about a year,” he claimed, before becoming engaged and then married on Dec. 14, 1985.

That would lead readers to believe the pair began dating in late 1984 or early 1985, a period during which court records show his bride-to-be was still legally married to Heald and would be until the spring.

"That was always an assumption," a source with knowledge of Kayla's first marriage said when asked whether she dated Moore before finalizing her divorce. The same source said Moore gave Kayla's daughter a puppy for Valentine's Day in 1985, further suggesting that he and Kayla were seeing each other at that time.

The overall discrepancy is what prompted the Washington Examiner to contact Moore’s campaign, a request his spokesman characterized as “really scraping the bottom of the barrel.”

by Anonymousreply 74Last Wednesday at 3:50 AM

I have stopped having any hope that there are enough voters in Alabama evolved enough to deny Moore a place in the Senate. An intelligent, informed colleague of mine is from there. When she goes home the mean IQ goes up while she visits but drops below 70 when she leaves.

by Anonymousreply 75Last Wednesday at 2:33 PM

I don't know what this antisemitism is but if it means Jew hatin' then I'm fer it.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Wednesday at 2:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!