Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Travolta's new movie scuttled 10 days before premiere

He gets dropped by CAA last month, and now this. So much bad luck for such a hardworking heterosexual family man like John!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 17, 2018 4:28 PM

Aww, I wanted to see it! They filmed a scene at my dentist's office.

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2017 10:54 PM

Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2017 10:54 PM

It's either really bad, or some more shit about JT's sexual harassment is about to come out. Or both. He sucked in the OJ miniseries (but so did Cuba Gooding), so I bet he sucks in this, too..

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2017 10:57 PM

Does anyone know what is about to come out about him? It must be horrible...like worse than Spacey horrible.

Being dropped by CAA is pretty indicative of how bad it must be. As far as Kelly filing, that doesn't surprise me at all. She was probably evaluating her life as she approaches 60, and figured that she deserves to live an honest life in the time she has left.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2017 10:59 PM

Wow, something big must be going down, something worse than just being closeted and enjoying masseurs who provide happy endings. You don't lose your wife, your agency and get your latest Oscar bait movie shelved like this unless you've fucking murdered someone.

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2017 10:59 PM

John who?

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2017 11:00 PM

Has anyone checked on Olivia yet to see how she's taking the news?

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2017 11:02 PM

Although I have never even heard any gossip of this, the one thing which would make everyone want to break all ties with him is a connection with a kid under 18. At this point, everyone KNOWS he is gay, so that ain't it. But just as with Spacey, who we all knew was gay, the charges of him "taking advantage" of a teen boy is just not tenable even in showbiz. That would definitely explain the Kelly jettison.

The ick factor of being married to a man who likes sex with males young enough to be your grandson is pretty daunting. Will Travolta pull a Spacey and use this to come out as a gay man in hopes of getting some sympathy and support? I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2017 11:10 PM

I wonder if John will ditch the clams if he is implicated in more homosexual scandals...? People like Travolta and Tammy stay in $cientology for protection, and so the "church" itself won't blackmail them with their own "auditing" tapes.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2017 11:17 PM

Stacy Keach is still alive?

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2017 11:33 PM

wow babylon is crumbling. for the last 4-5 yrs i've stopped watching the oscars anyways. they have lost all credibility to me.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2017 11:34 PM

Okay, I'll do the reshoots. Just gimme some time to work on my Brooklyn accent.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2017 11:40 PM

If Travolta had starred in a super hero movie or a cartoon, it would not have been pulled.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2017 11:44 PM

R11 What the hell do the Oscars have to do with Travolta? He's entirely irrelevant there.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2017 11:49 PM

If that photo is any indication, it’s probably good it was pulled. Shitty acting jumping through a still photo can’t bode well for the actual film.

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2017 11:50 PM

He's very relevant to the Oscars!

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2017 11:50 PM

[quote]Gotti was directed by Entourage star Kevin Connolly,

We hate him.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2017 11:50 PM

Let it go, R16.

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2017 11:52 PM

Travolta is next....

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2017 11:54 PM

Blind Gossip has this day, too - gonna be a biggie.

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2017 11:56 PM

Did Kelly really file? Like is there a People statement or is it just rumor for know...

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2017 12:00 AM

*now

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2017 12:00 AM

Someone once asked me if I would fuck him. I said I would...with a rusty nail.

by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2017 12:06 AM

That's why his wife filed for divorce, some nasty shit is coming up. Shit so big even Xenu can't sweep under the carpet anymore.

by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2017 12:12 AM

Rumor is that the body of Shelly Miscavige has been found in Travolta's toupee.

by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2017 12:14 AM

John hasn't had a big movie hit in years. Hollywood doesn't pay much attention to him these days especially with all the freight he's carrying around with him.

by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2017 12:22 AM

It is about time.

by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2017 12:24 AM

So gross

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2017 12:24 AM

Young John was a pretty handsome dude back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2017 12:25 AM

Harvey Weinstein is partly responsible for his comeback.

by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2017 12:27 AM

He deserves whatever he gets just for foisting that Christmas album on all of us.

by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2017 12:29 AM

John got his big break on the '70's TV show Welcome Back Kotter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2017 12:30 AM

R31 John did a Christmas album with Olivia. The album cover is ultra corny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2017 12:35 AM

Blackmail Marriage: I guess this is back in the day. When you are stretching back past two decades, it seems like the right thing to call it. The thing is though, despite being back in the day, the three main players in this blind are all known to you. They are known to people who just are checkout stand tabloid cover readers. EP was making a movie when she met WB. At the time, EP was pretty close to A list. She was also in the tabloids a lot. If back then had been today, everyone would have known about her out of control drug use and the crazy sexual situations she was involved in on almost daily basis with her equally out of control actor boyfriend, who we will call MS. Anyway, EP and WB made a movie and they got along really well. They became friends. Fast forward just a touch and WB is off to make another movie. He made the movie with an actress we will call VC. They were long time friends and made the movie to help each other out. It was a movie that would change the life of multiple people and destroy the lives of many others too. WB is in the closet. Everyone knows this, but he continues to pretend he doesn't like men. At the time though, he was using a lot of drugs and the objects of his sexual lust were the teen boys who were numerous on the set. Things were out of control. He molested and sexually assaulted multiple teens during filming of the movie. I'm guessing VC would probably call it an intervention. I would call it extortion or blackmail. VC filmed one of the encounters and gave it to some people who were kind of managing the career of WB. Those people had a discussion with WB and said he needed to do what they told him or they would leak the video and he would not only lose his career, he would go to jail. They had big plans for him and apparently those big plans were more important than what happened to those kids. They put him in a house for two months and got him sober. They also told him he needed to get married. He asked multiple women and his people offered some women. None of the women agreed until he asked EP. She was in a really bad place herself and WB's people agreed to make her problems go away if she agreed to marry WB. Done and done. All these people know what happened to those boys and have done nothing. Money and fame and power were much more important than the lives of the boys they devastated. One of those teens spoke up a few years ago and a team of lawyers rained down on him and he went silent. He was crushed by the other side and later tried to commit suicide. EP: Kelly Preston Out of control boyfriend: Charlie Sheen (accidentally shot her in the arm) WB: John Travolta Movie: "The Experts" VC: Kirstie Alley Movie: "Look Who’s Talking" Group: Scientology

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2017 12:36 AM

I was on a conference call today regarding Lionsgate and this was talked about. The truth is they were counting on this to be a big money maker and the finished project turned out to be a piece of shit. It's easier and cheaper just to shelve it than spend money promoting it and face embarrassment. The budget was only $12 million. Lionsgate doesn't have the money these days to waste on promoting a bad film. Just write it off.

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2017 12:43 AM

[quote]What the hell do the Oscars have to do with Travolta?

Probably because I said the movie was Oscar bait. I didn't mean it was GOOD, I just meant it had all the earmarks of the usual biopic Oscar bait we get during this season. Like that shitty thing Depp was in a couple years ago about Whitey Bulger.

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2017 12:46 AM

They didn't really shelve it, it was sold back to the production company. So the p.c. could find another distributor, and release it as soon as that distributor is willing. I don't know enough about those kind of deals to speculate whether it could be for any reason other than Lionsgate didn't like the finished product.

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2017 12:58 AM

Forgot to add: This climate of waiting for the next predator scandal to erupt means even what could be just straight up business decisions look like evidence of wrongdoing. I don't doubt Travolta has issues, but that really isn't fair.

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2017 1:00 AM

[quote][R31] John did a Christmas album with Olivia. The album cover is ultra corny.

Is the music any better?

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2017 1:02 AM

Why do filmmakers think Travolta is a box office draw? Hasn't he made a string of straight-to-dvd movies?

by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2017 1:44 AM

[quote] If Travolta had starred in a super hero movie or a cartoon, it would not have been pulled.

He's gonna bolt from Hollywood because of this. Just you wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2017 1:54 AM

Danny Masterson was just fired from his Netflix gig. If Travolta is next it'll be interesting to see how much power the Scienos actually wield and how they will retaliate against those exposing their flock.

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2017 3:26 AM

R41 He still gets tapped for high profile supporting roles but all his recent films where he's cast as the lead end up going straight to VOD and have minuscule budgets compared to his 90's blockbusters.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2017 3:54 AM

Ethan Hawke has also been churning out a lot of straight to VOD films recently. A lot of them are surprisingly decent.

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2017 3:57 AM

That's where B-movies go these days.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2017 3:58 AM

bumping

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2017 4:04 AM

r14 hey dumb dumb it said his gotti movie was oscar bait dumb dumb. try to keep up you abject failure...

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2017 4:19 AM

R39 So was CAA dropping him as a client and Kelly leaving him just business decisions as well?

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2017 4:33 AM

What r49 said.

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2017 4:43 AM

Where there's scalp showing, there is a bad toupee.

by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2017 5:01 AM

Has anyone confirmed Kelly left him?

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2017 5:03 AM

[quote]Has anyone checked on Olivia yet to see how she's taking the news?

Her ex boyfriend who supposedly died has been spotted. Sounds like Liv is no stranger to shady stuff.

by Anonymousreply 53December 6, 2017 5:06 AM

[quote] Her ex boyfriend who supposedly died has been spotted. Sounds like Liv is no stranger to shady stuff.

You think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 6, 2017 5:07 AM

Oh please, Travolta never picked up 18 year Olds....who are legal, assholes. Seriously, what is the matter with you bunch of old biddies? I heard John and Kelly were splitting.

by Anonymousreply 55December 6, 2017 5:16 AM

R55, it's the combination of filing for separation from the 20+ year sham marriage. Why now? His reps dumped him. Why now? His film is pulled 10 days before a scheduled release even though it was super low budget and the studio had already spent money on marketing and advertising, Why now?

by Anonymousreply 56December 6, 2017 5:20 AM

Maudie was award worthy. Hawke deserves a nod.

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2017 5:32 AM

No, r33, Travolta got his big break in the 1974 Broadway musical Over Here!, where he stopped the second act nightly with his big song and dance number "Dream Drummin'." That's what got him his Kotter gig. It was a big hit show starring The Andrews Sisters and also launched the careers of his co-stars Marilou Henner, Treat Williams, Janie Sell, Ann Reinking and several others. And he was indeed fantastic in it.

It's a fun show with a good score by The Sherman Brothers (Mary Poppins and other Disney musicals) but it was greatly dependent on The Andrews Sisters (the plot revolves a WWII sister act based on them) which makes it hard to revive.

Travolta really was great and unfortunately never quite so good again.

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2017 5:59 AM

Then he became the Andrews Sisters.

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2017 6:03 AM

R25 thank you for making me spit out my tea and choking.......this laugh saved me tonight.

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2017 6:10 AM

Is there photo verificatia of the alleged 8 inches?

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2017 6:16 AM

It will be released. All films eventually turn a profit, some just take longer

by Anonymousreply 62December 6, 2017 7:14 AM

Think higher up the food chain in the production company as in the top. Then look into The Boys Club Network, Canada.

by Anonymousreply 63December 6, 2017 7:34 AM

Clarificatia just in: the producers wanted it dropped by Lionsgate so they could pursue a wider release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 6, 2017 11:29 AM

[quote] After the scrub, Travolta convinced the masseur to join him in the steam room, saying he didn’t want to be alone. There Travolta removed his towel to be “nude” and offered to demonstrate his own massage techniques, the report said.

Sounds like he has some skills!

by Anonymousreply 65December 6, 2017 11:41 AM

[quote] She was probably evaluating her life as she approaches 60, and figured that she deserves to live an honest life in the time she has left.

Kelly just wants to feel a real dick in her vagina again.

by Anonymousreply 66December 6, 2017 11:47 AM

[quote] She was probably evaluating her life as she approaches 60, and figured that she deserves to live an honest life in the time she has left.

When I lived in L.A. in the 80s, it was well-known among those who were well-known that ONJ held a "Ladies Night" at her Malibu manse every Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 67December 6, 2017 11:58 AM

Paul Baressi, whom JT picked up while filming Perfect at the Beverly Hills Health Club, arrived at the Bel Air hotel in the late 80s to continue his duties as JT's professional "trainer" only to be confronted by JT and his new "trainer" in the bungalow. JT, feeling bad, gave Baressi the contents of his fruit basket to Baressi and said his goodbyes. Pissed, Baressi went to the Enquirer and the story appeared in 1990. The Scienos went after him like a hurricane. They proved to JT that they could protect him and would continue to do so if he played along. But it looks like the tidal wave of bad publicity is even too much for them these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 6, 2017 12:06 PM

I'm shocked that this movie actually got made, they made the announcement close to a decade ago. Wasn't DL fave Lindsay Lohan supposed to play Victoria?

by Anonymousreply 69December 6, 2017 2:12 PM

Move along, toots. Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 70December 6, 2017 2:53 PM

He's still dumb as a box of rocks.

He likely had to finance most of the small budget himself, but his ego is still huge to believe that another distributor is going to pick up his mess and give it a wider distribution. He'll learn when he has to settle for an even more limited release than Lionsgate was going to give him.

CAA stood by him for a long while, but they know now he's a lost cause at best and a publicity scandal at worst.

by Anonymousreply 71December 6, 2017 2:55 PM

R66, they have an open marriage

by Anonymousreply 72December 6, 2017 2:57 PM

Has it even been confirmed that she's leaving him?

by Anonymousreply 73December 6, 2017 9:35 PM

I'd watch this late night on cable

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2017 3:35 AM

CAA dumped him because he is a shitty actor and about to be sued by male victims who were minors.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2017 3:38 AM

It wasn't a rubber hose he stuffed in my nose!

by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2017 6:17 AM

Travolta's an expert long-time big league predator. He's got a team of lawyers and a skilled cult behind him well versed in hush money payouts. Spacey was too cheap to bring the big money settlements.

by Anonymousreply 77December 8, 2017 12:47 PM

Gghjk

by Anonymousreply 78December 8, 2017 2:39 PM

[quote]JT, feeling bad, gave Baressi the contents of his fruit basket to Baressi

Bitch thought that would work?

by Anonymousreply 79December 8, 2017 2:44 PM

Fruit basket was code for the banana hammock I was wearing in South Beach

by Anonymousreply 80December 8, 2017 3:18 PM

[quote]Clarificatia just in: the producers wanted it dropped by Lionsgate so they could pursue a wider release.

Ah, appreciatia.

by Anonymousreply 81December 8, 2017 3:37 PM

He ruined my movie

by Anonymousreply 82December 8, 2017 4:02 PM

He does that with lezzos hun

by Anonymousreply 83December 8, 2017 4:02 PM

tee hee!

by Anonymousreply 84December 8, 2017 4:15 PM

Is it true he is being sued?

by Anonymousreply 85December 9, 2017 2:27 AM
by Anonymousreply 86December 24, 2017 11:08 PM

Will he be joining Spacey in sex rehab?

by Anonymousreply 87December 25, 2017 1:58 AM

I think he killed Adele Dazeem and hid the body under one of his runways.

by Anonymousreply 88December 25, 2017 2:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 29, 2017 5:02 PM

[quote]He ruined my movie —ON-J

[quote]He does that with lezzos hun —Lily Tomlin

Glad my movie only had Jeff Conaway. There, he actually got more to sing.

by Anonymousreply 90December 29, 2017 5:31 PM

I don’t think he was ever attractive. He had a good presence on screen. Maybe it was confidence. It was that “something” that sells, but I don’t think he was handsome.

by Anonymousreply 91December 29, 2017 6:12 PM

I agree, r77. I remember reading another allegation about Travolta. A massage tech claimed JT grabbed his package and then exposed himself in front of him. As soon as the guy complained Travolta reached into a bag and came out with an envelope full of hush money that he already had on him. Later, Travolta's people rang the hotel to complain about the tech, stating he was unprofessional and had initiated the contact between himself and Travolta. I think he's done this for years, but has always had the contacts, lawyers and the money to make it go away.

In the current environment it's harder to cover this kind of behaviour up anymore. If a scandal broke out now Travolta could end up like Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 92December 29, 2017 6:19 PM

Travolta was never a pretty boy but he was genuinely sexy in his prime. Now, he's just a gross old lech who can't take "no" for an answer.

by Anonymousreply 93December 29, 2017 6:22 PM

Travolta has had a real rollercoaster of a career though. First he was a broadway and tv star, then came SNF and Grease. He also did pretty well movie wise right into the early eighties, his career only began to really slow down afterwards. Then he had a minor hit with LWT, that brought him back from a string of flops. When he had his big comeback with Pulp Fiction he kept working in hit projects right through the '90s and early 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 94December 29, 2017 6:39 PM

LWT?

by Anonymousreply 95December 29, 2017 6:43 PM

Look Who's Talking

by Anonymousreply 96December 29, 2017 6:45 PM

I don't think you could say he was a Broadway star though he had some success which made casting agents take notice.

by Anonymousreply 97December 29, 2017 6:48 PM

I never watched Grease

by Anonymousreply 98December 29, 2017 6:50 PM

What is your favorite film starring John Travolta?

by Anonymousreply 99December 29, 2017 6:58 PM

I always had a soft spot for Battlefield Earth, a truly underrated masterpiece...

by Anonymousreply 100December 29, 2017 7:07 PM

^^^^Xenu

by Anonymousreply 101December 29, 2017 7:10 PM

Maybe Travolta would be happy to finally be outed. He's never struck me as being happy or discrete living in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 102December 29, 2017 7:14 PM

His son died under very suspicious circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 103December 29, 2017 7:19 PM

It wasn't suspicious r103, his kid had a seizure disorder but Clams don't believe in meds for that stuff so he died of a seizure.

by Anonymousreply 104December 29, 2017 7:53 PM

R102 He's never struck me as being happy or discrete living in the closet.

I agree he doesn't seem happy in the closet or enjoying fooling people unlike the likes of DiCaprio, Pitt and Clooney.

and he didn't use his wife/beard for publicity or as much as other closeted celebrities did and are still doing. For example DiCaprio hadn't any new movie (as an actor) in the last 3 years but he managed to be everyday in news with a new beard and new drama It seems like he has a new beard every week that's so disgusting 🤢

by Anonymousreply 105December 29, 2017 7:55 PM

"Oh my god she has this amazing body" —John Travolta

"He's this HOT guy" —Kelly Preston

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 29, 2017 7:56 PM

The studio knows he's a big homosexual. He's finished in Hollywood. Do ya hear me!

by Anonymousreply 107December 29, 2017 7:58 PM

Kelly Preston Ties Son's Autism to Chemicals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 29, 2017 7:59 PM

I thought he slipped and fell under the care of his manny.

by Anonymousreply 109December 29, 2017 7:59 PM

he doesn't even look like gotti! wtf with the casting?

by Anonymousreply 110December 29, 2017 8:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 29, 2017 8:02 PM

Did they actually plan to release this turkey at award season?

by Anonymousreply 112December 29, 2017 8:02 PM

It's easy to criticise Travolta for not coming out, but he does live in one of the most homophobic countries in the world (images of Westboro Baptist Church come to mind).

I wonder if there are sexual assault crimes attached to this binning of his movie.

by Anonymousreply 113December 29, 2017 8:03 PM

[quote]It's easy to criticise Travolta for not coming out, but he does live in one of the most homophobic countries in the world

He lives in Iran?

by Anonymousreply 114December 29, 2017 8:08 PM

He has the most liberal job in the world in the most liberal state in the most liberal country in the world, Johnny Drama at r113. He's not a fucking scholar in Iran.

by Anonymousreply 115December 29, 2017 8:38 PM

In May 1991, Time magazine published a cover story entitled "The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power". In the article, former Church of Scientology Executive Director William Franks alleged that Travolta was wary of leaving the faith because he feared the Church would publish detailed revelations of his private life, to include homosexual behavior.[39] These claims were reiterated by Franks and other Scientology defectors in Lawrence Wright's 2013 book Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, and former Church official Marty Rathbun claimed that he worked with Travolta's attorneys several times to keep allegations about Travolta's homosexuality out of the press and resolve lawsuits against the star.

by Anonymousreply 116December 29, 2017 8:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 29, 2017 8:41 PM

2012 - John Travolta's Lover Feels Bad For Kelly Preston!

John Travolta's alleged gay lover of 6 years feels sorry for Johnny's beard/wife Kelly Preston!

[Quote]I feel bad for Kelly, she's obviously in the middle of it… How can you not be aware of it? "[On meeting John after their affair ended] I just said, 'So John tell me, do you still prefer men or women now that you're married?' And he answered me, 'Well, Doug, I still prefer men.' And I said, 'Okay.

by Anonymousreply 118December 29, 2017 8:43 PM

he was offered, but turned down, lead roles in what would become box office hits, including American Gigolo and An Officer and a Gentleman, both of which went to Richard Gere.

by Anonymousreply 119December 29, 2017 8:45 PM

Travolta dancing with Diana, Princess of Wales, at the White House, November 9, 1985. She is wearing her Travolta dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 29, 2017 8:48 PM

In memory of his son Travolta founded the Jett Travolta Foundation a non-profit organization to help children with special needs.

by Anonymousreply 121December 29, 2017 8:50 PM

John Travolta: I Ran Down the Stairs To Help My Son

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 29, 2017 8:52 PM

R31 That's the wig I refer to as the "G.I. Joe". He looks like someone drew his hair on with a black sharpie.

by Anonymousreply 123December 29, 2017 9:07 PM

What Christmas album?

by Anonymousreply 124December 29, 2017 9:12 PM

R124 see R31

by Anonymousreply 125December 29, 2017 9:16 PM

He wears the worst wigs I've ever seen, you'd think with all his money he'd at least buy a decent one. I remember seeing him at some awards ceremony where he donned a rug so bad it would have embarrassed Phil Spector...

by Anonymousreply 126December 29, 2017 9:18 PM

It's wig? I thought it's transplant

by Anonymousreply 127December 29, 2017 9:20 PM

John Travolta was good up till Face Off which I loved.

Then he had some hits and misses, okay films but after 2005 he got gross looking and movies weren't interesting anymore

He was hot in Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Staying Alive and up to Pefect

I think he is a bisexual who prefers men but married because he was leading man material. He hasn't been Leading man material since 2000 and probably should have came out and gave up the charade after his son died.

I don't think that John likes minors. He seems like he likes adult men. Had relationships with some and likes to hit on hot men. I don't see what is so terrible about a guy making his move. When does it turn into assault. You shouldn't be grabbing someone's junk. Harrassment comes into play by coming on someone who is trying to do their job.

There are massage people that do happy endings and I would think his people would have found out ahead of time if that was what John wanted. Make sure that the guy is okay with it.

The Gotti movie just by the director seems like it got pulled because it was god awful to me.

by Anonymousreply 128December 29, 2017 9:42 PM

[quote]probably should have came out and gave up the charade after his son died.

I agree

by Anonymousreply 129December 29, 2017 9:47 PM

His problem, per BIs and rumors and tab stories that have run for decades is that he has a thing for going after straight young men. Complaints from straight massage workers have gotten him banned from many spas supposedly. Now that he is older gay young men aren't as interested and he can be very persistent. This is the behavior that will get him into trouble with the public. He is not the nice guy everyone thinks he is. When it all comes out he is going to be an embarrassment for gays because the public will view him as the stereotype gay man harassing all the straight young men and not taking no for an answer. It takes a lot for 5 star establishments to ban someone of his ilk. And for the tabs to not have been afraid to report it. But leave it to stupid people to refuse to believe any of it. None of the straight people I work with think he is gay. Just extorted and harassed because of his fame and wealth.

by Anonymousreply 130December 29, 2017 10:02 PM

r130, I can be a doubter myself but the kiss on the plane was it for me.

by Anonymousreply 131December 29, 2017 10:10 PM

It's a bit late to come out now, I think he's fine with people knowing he's gay but I don't think he's going to announce it to the world.

by Anonymousreply 132December 29, 2017 10:16 PM

Didn’t Travolta also get offered Gere’s role In Chicago???

by Anonymousreply 133December 29, 2017 11:50 PM

the guy is a pig. he loves to eat. why doesn't he just puke it out afterwards like 90% of the actresses?

by Anonymousreply 134December 30, 2017 1:21 AM

R115 Oh dear, you really believe the USA is the most liberal country on the planet? Jesus, read a book, travel, educate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 135December 30, 2017 3:04 AM

People of Data Lounge:

The word is discreet. When you are speaking of someone handling their business in a low key hush-hush manner it is discreet, not discrete(a completely different meaning.)

Discrete and viscous are the two most misspelled words on DL this month.

by Anonymousreply 136December 30, 2017 5:50 AM

Your beeng verry snippey!

by Anonymousreply 137December 30, 2017 6:10 AM

It must be bad if they're going to punt on a multimillion dollar movie like this.

by Anonymousreply 138December 30, 2017 6:23 AM

Wasn't there a TV movie made about John Gotti back in the '90s?

by Anonymousreply 139December 30, 2017 12:47 PM

I still like him while acknowledging he's been a big closet case most of his life. But you know Hollywood is full of homos hiding in their own ways. Homos everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 140December 30, 2017 11:21 PM

Any updates?!!!

by Anonymousreply 141December 31, 2017 1:46 AM

I first heard about Travolta many many years ago before there were any public rumors. A very good looking young man I worked with told me Travolta hit on him.

There's no reason he would have been lying. And no he did not take him up on the offer. Next to him Travolta was a dog.

by Anonymousreply 142December 31, 2017 2:01 AM

Did they make CAA honcho Jack Gilardi (taking a break from groping models in the back of the limo) deliver the news to JT?

by Anonymousreply 143December 31, 2017 2:30 AM

Why is so fucked up? He refused to come out back in the day due to fear and his career, yet he constantly put himself at risk by the way he acted. Is it really true Scientology have been blackmailing him...

by Anonymousreply 144December 31, 2017 12:27 PM

She is an immensely rich nasty queen with sizemeat! She likes only str8meat.

by Anonymousreply 145December 31, 2017 1:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 15, 2018 10:12 PM

This film is probably a hot hammy mess. Travolta been overacting for sometime now, though he used to be quite talented.

by Anonymousreply 147June 15, 2018 10:17 PM

r3, I actually thought he was great people v. I actually forgot about that.

by Anonymousreply 148June 15, 2018 10:22 PM

Is Gotti as bad as Battlefield Earth?

by Anonymousreply 149June 16, 2018 12:40 AM

Is it bad in a "so bad it's good" way or just terrible? Is it wrong I kind of want to watch it?

by Anonymousreply 150June 16, 2018 12:42 AM

He is still playing the wide eyed innocent act, for example with Jimmy Fallon the other night. My female relatives who love him still don't believe he's gay so I guess his act does work.

by Anonymousreply 151June 16, 2018 3:21 AM

Fyhukg

by Anonymousreply 152June 16, 2018 1:37 PM

Battlefield Earth Part II

by Anonymousreply 153June 17, 2018 7:16 AM

Has anyone seen it yet?

by Anonymousreply 154June 17, 2018 4:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!