Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

City on Fire!

The valley is burning.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Wednesday at 3:58 PM

It's not the SF Valley, though, is it? Isn't it Ventura County and Santa Clarita?

by Anonymousreply 1Last Tuesday at 9:28 AM

There is also a fire in Sylmar, so yes, it includes the SFV.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Tuesday at 9:37 AM

Is LA on fire?

by Anonymousreply 3Last Wednesday at 4:11 AM

And now Bel Aire! This is surreal.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Wednesday at 10:16 AM

^^Air^^

by Anonymousreply 5Last Wednesday at 10:18 AM

I can not stand to watch. What can be done?

by Anonymousreply 6Last Wednesday at 10:22 AM

The 405 is closed because of the Skirball fire in Sepulveda Pass, which is getting dangerously close to the Getty Center.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Wednesday at 10:46 AM

My grandparents lived on the 1000-1100 block of Casiano Road (western edge of Bel Air, overlooking Sepulveda Pass) during the 1961 fire. Grandpa wasn't the type to climb on a roof, with a hose (a la Richard Nixon). When LAFD told them to get out, he didn't need to be told twice. They quickly packed a change of clothes, grabbed some important documents & family photos, and got the hell out. They couldn't find their beloved cat, Sam -- which upset them greatly.

When allowed back into the area, they were shocked to find their house still standing, unscathed! When they evacuated, the winds were so insane, and the fire was spreading SO quickly, consuming EVERYTHING in its path......they assumed it was a goner! And Sam, too. Casiano Rd was right in the path of the fire.....

A couple hundred yards further up/north on Casiano, it was total devastation (as well as on Moraga Dr. & Linda Flora immediately to the east). But this pocket of homes around the 1000-1100 block of Casiano Rd. had been spared. And Sam, too! They found him within an hour of returning to the house.....yowling like crazy. He'd hidden somewhere. (Sam lived another 12-13 years, until I was 6-7 years old -- I have a GREAT oil painting of him, thanks to grandma, who was a painter.)

Two (or three?) homes burned this morning, on the 1300 block of Casiano Road. There was NO 1300 block of Casiano Rd. in 1961. Just sayin'....

by Anonymousreply 8Last Wednesday at 2:34 PM

The good news is that reportedly Rupert Murdoch's house is on fire.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Wednesday at 2:38 PM

But will Bellagio Road Elementary School be O.K.?

by Anonymousreply 10Last Wednesday at 3:19 PM

The west side of LA is burning. I'm so worried about Gwyneth. Has she posted today?

by Anonymousreply 11Last Wednesday at 3:55 PM

The Zone is safe.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Wednesday at 3:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!