Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Brock Turner Is Appealing His Sexual Assault Conviction

Brock Turner, who served three months in jail for sexual assault, is appealing his conviction, and looking for a retrial.

Turner was sentenced to six months in June after he was found guilty of three felony counts of sexual assault, over a January 2015 incident in which he was found assaulting an unconscious 22-year-old woman outside a fraternity house. Turner was released in September after serving only three months in jail.

The former swimmer is now appealing his conviction and asking for a new trial. In a 172-page brief filed on Friday, Turner’s lawyers objected to the prosecutor’s description of the the assault as happening “behind the dumpster”, which mischaracterized Turner’s behavior and “implied moral depravity, callousness and culpability,” CNN reports. The brief also argued that the trial excluded character witnesses who could have testified about Turner’s academic and athletic accomplishments, according to the New York Times.

The case prompted national outcry after Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky reduced Turner’s sentence to six months, which many saw as too lenient. Prosecutors had looked for Turner to face six years in prison, but Persky argued that a longer punishment could have “a severe impact” on the Olympic-hopeful’s career. Persky faced a recall campaign to following the trial, and California passed a tougher sentencing bill requiring prison stints for perpetrators convicted of assault unconscious victims.

As part of his conviction, Turner also registered as a sex offender in his home state of Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 5012/07/2017

Sounds like a case of affluenza.

reminder:

[quote]USA Swimming bans Brock Turner for life

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2017

[quote]Brock Turner Is Appealing

I have often thought this, and I don't even like blonds.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2017

Great timing, you stupid fuck. I hope they give you a new trial and you get sent up for fucking years more than you ever expected. What a fucking ninny.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2017

An entitled over privileged asshole. I hope it fails. Especially in this climate. It's time fuckers like him are held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2017

He is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2017

I think R3 just answered my question. Lawyers, is it true a new trial opens him up to further incarceration?

And true, R4, could he have picked a worse time in the history of drunken debauchery?

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2017

I hope he gets a retrial, and then gets the sentence that he actually deserves, rather than the pat on the wrist he got from the judge who got his degree from the Roy Moore School of Law and Dating.

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2017

He’s basing it on the dumpster sounding negative and character witnesses who would’ve talked about his academic record not being heard? Since when does your education level give you a feee pass to commit crime? “Not guilty by reason of PhD”? “My alibi is I’m getting straight A’s”?

If you raped someone and that rape happened behind a dumpster the location of the rape isn’t the bit that damages your reputation.

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2017

It only showed the level of depravity this fuck was willing to go to, R8. I'd say it was highly relevant and indicative of his TRUE character. Fake ass little fucking pervert.

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2017

[quote][bold]The 172-page appeal requests that the conviction be overturned and that Turner receive a new trial. But if he is convicted again, he could face a longer prison sentence.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2017

If his ass was black! He would be sitting in prison right now. And we all know that's the truth. But because he's white and privileged. Rules apparently don't apply to him.

Only in AMERIKKKA.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2017

Stand down, Brock.

Thanks, R10.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2017

Some guys really just don't know to quit when they're ahead.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2017

[quote] Turner’s lawyers objected to the prosecutor’s description of the the assault as happening “behind the dumpster”, which mischaracterized Turner’s behavior and “implied moral depravity, callousness and culpability,” CNN reports.

whaaaat

[quote] The brief also argued that the trial excluded character witnesses who could have testified about Turner’s academic and athletic accomplishments, according to the New York Times.

WHAAAAT

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2017

He really wants the taint of registering off his record. He has shown zero remorse for his crime. What a fucking pig.

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2017

The prosecutor is fluent in vocal fryyyyyyyyyy. Go to 1:33. "The jureee considerrrrd..."

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2017

Was this the guy that was seen having sex with an unconscious woman by other students walking by?

by Anonymousreply 1712/05/2017

No, R17, this was the guy RAPING an unconscious woman and stopped by two bicyclists who witnessed it and then chased down.

by Anonymousreply 1812/05/2017

It was of course rape - I didn't mean to say it wasn't.

I looked them up - two Swedish exchange students, Lars and Carl. They were concerned about the unmoving victim and confronted Turner, who tried to run away. They chased him down and held him down until the police arrived. Good for them!

by Anonymousreply 1912/05/2017

I'm having a little trouble figuring out his plan here. He already got off far too lightly, with a slap on the wrist instead of the multi-year prison term that was likely warranted. What does he think will change? The list of reasons to give him a new trial seem laughable to me.

I'm guessing that the real issue here is that he has to register as a sex offender and he wants to expunge that from his record. But does he really think that he's going to resume a career as a competitive swimmer, even should this go his way? Or that outraged activists won't go out of their way to point his story out to his neighbors?

by Anonymousreply 2012/05/2017

Brock Turner's come and gone.

by Anonymousreply 2112/05/2017

These stupid ass men soo many cumdumps who will Willingly give you holes to dump your load in online and these idiots still rape!

by Anonymousreply 2212/05/2017

That's the thrill, apparently, R22, the forceful rape. Who needs compliant when you can force someone against their will. A lot of cheaters cheat for the same reason. It's not the sex, but the thrill of getting away with it combined with the sex.

by Anonymousreply 2312/05/2017

Brock "Cunt" Turner should rot in prison. Hope he gets sent down for a long, log time.

by Anonymousreply 2412/05/2017

Bugger! long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 2512/05/2017

[quote] I'm having a little trouble figuring out his plan here. He already got off far too lightly, with a slap on the wrist instead of the multi-year prison term that was likely warranted. What does he think will change?

I think he stupidly and asininely hopes to get himself removed from the sex offenders registry.

[quote] The list of reasons to give him a new trial seem laughable to me.

Totally agree. "I didn't rape her in secret behind a dumpster; I raped her right out the open, so it's okay"? "The tiny little punishment I received would have be even less harsh if only everyone knew I was a rapist who gets good grades"? WTF? What a fucking asshole.

Remember how Turner's father wrote a letter to the judge about how Brock's "ordeal" was a terrible tragedy for the whole family because Brock was so upset he could no longer even enjoy a good steak dinner with them, and was it really fair that Brock should have suffer so, just for a few minutes of "action" ? Clearly, Brock and family have not moved beyond the view that raping an unconscious woman is just a silly, boyish mistake that one shouldn't have to suffer a moment's discomfort over.

by Anonymousreply 2612/05/2017

That letter let us all know where Brock got his fucking entitled attitude, R26. It was damning as hell.

by Anonymousreply 2712/05/2017

I remember that letter, R26 and R27. When I first read it, I thought, okay, this explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 2812/05/2017

Hmmm, what has changed in the judicial branch since his trial..?..?

Oh.

by Anonymousreply 2912/05/2017

Assholes like Turner is the reason why I feel nothing when I here about horrible things happening to rich white kids. They all all think the rules don't apply to them.

Look at Paris Hilton when she went to jail in 2007. She was released early because her pussy and asshole had a herpes outbreak. Because her billionaire grandfather made a sizable donation to the LAPD. But the judge didn't like that. And sent her over privileged entitled white spoiled ass back to the fucking clinker. Where she finished her time just like everyone else has to.

Dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3012/05/2017

Remember when a sister in that indie group Good English wrote a letter to the judge pleading for him to not be "politically correct"? They realized they had no more career and broke up. Their mom is now on FB and is a complete right wing Trumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 3112/05/2017

The Hiltons went after the city attorney over that. The dug up some dirt on him and ended his political career.

by Anonymousreply 3212/06/2017

I hate this case. Honestly have little sympathy for everyone involved. That includes the victim

by Anonymousreply 3312/06/2017

R32 I didn't know about the Hilton's going after the attorney for holding Paris accountable for her poor choices. When did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2017

In sentencing him to only 6 months:

"[Judge] Persky took into consideration, among other factors, that Turner was remorseful, was not previously convicted of any crimes, was young, was not armed during the crime, that he would comply with the terms of probation, and he would not be a danger to others if not imprisoned."

Good going Persky. You're a great judge of character.

Reminder: the victim didn't know she was being assaulted. "Two graduate students were biking on campus when they spotted Turner on top of the victim, who did not appear to be moving. Turner ran when the men approached, and one of them chased him and tackled him to the ground while police was called."

One of the guys who intervened was so upset by what he saw, he was crying as he gave his statement to police. The victim was totally unconscious and didn't wake while he waited with her.

by Anonymousreply 3512/06/2017

The city attorney thing was right after the Paris thing -- maybe 2007?

The dirt was that his wife's business was getting city contracts in a less than savory way and that he was driving around without car insurance and she wrecked the car and he had it fixed in a city garage.

He sent her home to someplace like Wyoming until it blew over but he never could get endorsed for office again.

I lived up north when this all happened, and he was considered a sad joke in SF.

by Anonymousreply 3612/06/2017

Thanks for that R36. Never heard about it.

by Anonymousreply 3712/06/2017

If a pussy grabber can be President and a pedophile still has a chance to become Senator, then anything can happen these days.

by Anonymousreply 3812/06/2017

What happened to that campaign to unseat the judge?

by Anonymousreply 3912/06/2017

The world would be a better place if Brock Turner is eaten by animals, not that the animals would necessarily be better off.

by Anonymousreply 4012/06/2017

So the victim is not responsible for her actions?

What bothers me is what is the difference between the victim in this case and a drunk driver?

by Anonymousreply 4112/07/2017

So if he had raped her in the library instead of behind a dumpster that would be less depraved? I really hope the judge throws the book at him this time.

by Anonymousreply 4212/07/2017

You really are desperately seeking attention aren't you r41?

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2017

"So the victim is not responsible for her actions?"

Which actions exactly and what should be the penalty for those actions?

by Anonymousreply 4412/07/2017

I think it was the mind control that she used to force Brock to rape her, R44.

by Anonymousreply 4512/07/2017

R44, the defense tried to use the fact that she urinated outside in the bushes as an example of how she wanted to be raped behind a dumpster. Really.

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2017

R41 you’re obviously trolling because nobody could really be that stupid and still have the ability to post but I’ll play along. If a drunk driver kills someone his choice to drink caused that death and he is responsible. If a drunk woman is assaulted her rapist’s choice to be a rapist caused that rape and the rapist is responsible.

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2017

He's not HAWT enough for me to believe he's innocent.

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2017

[quote] So the victim is not responsible for her actions?

What actions? She was unconscious. (And NO—as stupid as it might be to drink until you pass out, it does not constitute an invitation for someone to take your pants down and stick his penis in your vagina.)

[quote] What bothers me is what is the difference between the victim in this case and a drunk driver?

What on earth do you imagine is the SAME about the victim and a drunk driver?

by Anonymousreply 4912/07/2017

This guy sounds like a pretty fucking likely re-offender.

by Anonymousreply 5012/07/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!