Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Oliver uses Wag the Dog reunion Q&A to ambush Dustin Hoffman

Oh please, Oliver looks like a perv from Central Casting, who is he to throw stones.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Thursday at 3:32 AM

Oliver should ask Hoffman about his recent male lovers. All in their 20s, including gogo boys...

by Anonymousreply 112/04/2017

You mean, OP, that all pervs look British? Oliver isn't one (that we know). So why are you demonizing him?

by Anonymousreply 212/04/2017

Even now Dustin is the better-looking of the two.

by Anonymousreply 312/04/2017

What's that got to do with anything, r3?

by Anonymousreply 412/04/2017

Nothing, but do you seriously disagree on that statement?

by Anonymousreply 512/04/2017

WHY WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE "GOOD-LOOKING" ABUSIVE SENIOR?!?!? HE HAS NEEDS AND AN IMAGE TO PROTECT!! LET HIM HARASS IN PEACE!! HE'S GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT FOR SO LONG, HE'S EARNED THE PRIVILEGE OF NOT HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS ACTIONS! WHY WON'T SOMEBODY TAKE UP FOR THESE POOR MILLIONAIRE ABUSERS!?!?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 612/04/2017

Yes, I do disagree. I think Oliver is cute.

by Anonymousreply 712/04/2017

That reminds me, how old was Shoshanna Lowenstein when she met Jerry Seinfeld

by Anonymousreply 812/04/2017

I had no idea. Well I sort of did. I think I said something but then I think I retracted or clarified it. Anyway see The Post and vote #4!

by Anonymousreply 912/04/2017

Oliver has gone full retard..."You’ve given no evidence to show that it didn’t happen." Someone needs to tell him how the justice systems works in the US.

by Anonymousreply 1012/04/2017

Is Oliver documented?

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2017

I wouldn't be surprised if sexual misconduct allegations surface about John Oliver, the rumors/whispers are out there...

by Anonymousreply 12Last Tuesday at 4:15 AM

Really, r12? Let's have some sort of detail on that claim... a link, a story, anything.

We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Tuesday at 4:37 AM

Wag the Dog was a shitty movie, as well, never got the hype.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Tuesday at 4:53 AM

In that article, Oliver sounds like a jerk trying to get attention for himself & Hoffman sounds like a reasonable man.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Tuesday at 5:35 AM

R12 I haven't heard that before.

I'm not comfortable with what Oliver did, but Hoffman came off pretty badly imo. That said, I am seeing a lot people saying, in all seriousness, that people should be treated as guilty until proven innocent and I am not okay with that at all.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Tuesday at 5:40 AM

I love John Oliver. His show is great.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Tuesday at 5:45 AM

Didn't he grab Meryl's boob as soon as he met her? How is Tootsie, a role, proof of his character?

by Anonymousreply 18Last Tuesday at 6:01 AM

The rumors about Hoffman have been around for years and years. Expose it! No one gets a pass, and this includes the women.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Tuesday at 6:15 AM

Was the crowd well-heeled?

by Anonymousreply 20Last Tuesday at 6:55 AM

Hoffman was notorious for sexually assaulting himself in his trailer during the filming of TOOTSIE.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Tuesday at 7:05 AM

From what I can tell on the video, Oliver kept going because Hoffman just kept coming up short on his responses. It's not as if Oliver laid trap after trap and Hoffman just kept falling into them. Oliver was only trying to get straight, honest responses; Hoffman didn't do himself any favours by persisting on defending the indefensible. That tangent about Tootsie was desperate, embarrassing, and did not ring true at all.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Tuesday at 7:07 AM

Oliver was amazing.

Fuck yourself, OP.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Tuesday at 7:09 AM

And, yes, I think Oliver is hot as fuck. I love men who believe in what's good and true, and are not afraid to stand up for their beliefs. He's not Colbert-hot, but then who is?

by Anonymousreply 24Last Tuesday at 7:10 AM

Guilt or innocence only resides in a court of law. The court of public opionion is a whole nuther kettle of fish. So enough with the innocent until proven guilty nonsense which the guilty always use to deflect.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Tuesday at 7:12 AM

Right, R25. But the time factor around these allegations prevents many from seeking justice. The alleged perps' counted on the statute of limitations and the complicit silence of those who financially benefited. Sometimes the court of public opinion is all you have. I do agree with you that this is a dangerous tactic. Hopefully this situation will convince people currently being harassed and abused to report it, immediately, to both HR and law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Tuesday at 7:24 AM

At this point, only Chris Hayes would shock me.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Tuesday at 7:25 AM

Hoffman admitted to participating in the humorous gang rape of his brother's girlfriend. He told the heartwarming story to Playboy in 2009. He said the girl was in a back bedroom at a party, being visited by different guys. Not one to pass up such an opportunity, he took a turn. When he went in, she called him by his brother's name and he pretended to be his brother. Of course, if she really thought that she was fucking his older brother, I'm pretty sure she was extremely intoxicated. So, fair game. When someone opened the door, letting light shine on Dustin's face, the girl screamed! It was hilarious!!! As Hoffman explained, she was a total "nymphomaniac." He lamented that you can't say that anymore about women. Nymphomaniac. Sad. Of course, he should get a pass on using that word since he acquired such tremendous insight into female sexuality from from wearing makeup and heels on the set of Tootsie. So there. Shame on you, John Oliver. And you're not even hot!

by Anonymousreply 28Last Tuesday at 7:28 AM

OH FUCK, R28. Good actor, better liar, fucking raping pervert.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Tuesday at 7:34 AM

Gross. Good for John Oliver

by Anonymousreply 30Last Tuesday at 8:33 AM

Years ago Hoffman harassed someone I know. She worked on a film he was in.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Tuesday at 8:36 AM

OP's thread is so fucking dumb. "I don't like the way John Oliver looks, so how dare he!!111!!"

by Anonymousreply 32Last Tuesday at 8:43 AM

R25, employment law is civil and you can be fired for behavior that does not rise to a criminal charge. So Matt, Spacey, and Levine? Civil law. No criminal charges needed to dismiss them. No criminal charges needed to discuss civil allegations.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Tuesday at 8:46 AM

[quote]Didn't he grab Meryl's boob as soon as he met her?

Yeah, and slapped her during Kramer vs. Kramer because he didn't think she was giving a good enough performance and needed "help."

Plus there have been perv rumors about him for years and years. The creepy OP and others saying "yeah but John Oliver LOOKS like a perv" are fucking ridiculous. Actual documented examples of inappropriate behavior? Doesn't mean anything. "Looks" like a perv? THE MOTHERFUCKER'S GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY. People are such goddamned idiots nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Tuesday at 8:51 AM

"Ambush" LOL. Did Hoffman and that Deadline writer forget what the movie Wag the Dog was about?

by Anonymousreply 35Last Tuesday at 8:58 AM

[quote] The court of public opionion is a whole nuther kettle of fish.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Tuesday at 9:17 AM

Don't forget r34 - he'd also "helped" her by bringing up Cazale's recent death in rather wretched ways.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Tuesday at 9:32 AM

Translation = Dragging someones name through the mud and ruining their reputation and livelihood is perfectly okay even if there is no way to prove if the allegations are true or not. However, posting fake news on Facebook is not OK if it influences the election? Why not if we're going by the court of public opinion?

Why is it we never hear about cases where the accused is absolved of any wrongdoing but their alleged crimes are plastered all over the news. Once accused, the taint of suspicion never leaves. John Oliver is in a position of influence so people will believe whatever he has to say without investigating it further. It's totally irresponsible.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Tuesday at 10:01 AM

Not if it's true, R38. Get a grip. The taint of suspicion always finds someone else.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Tuesday at 10:46 AM

MeToo is a Scientology type cult.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Tuesday at 11:04 AM

Katherine Ross has now said he grabbed her breast during filming the graduate. On phone so can't link. He sure has fixed his looks with all the plastic surgery he has used to stop aging. Sure doesn't look like an older version of the guy in the graduate.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Tuesday at 12:45 PM

How long before a scandal comes up to taint John Oliver? Sanctimonious pommie twits have always been closet Jew-haters deep down. Comes from hanging around with Arabs.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Tuesday at 12:50 PM

This is a witch hunt against Jews and against men.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Tuesday at 12:51 PM

r16, you haven't heard anything about Oliver because r12 is making up shit.

r42, how long before the scandal comes up to your taint?

by Anonymousreply 44Last Tuesday at 4:12 PM

#believemen? Why? Most are lying, unstable bitches.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Tuesday at 5:17 PM

Here's a video of some of it:

who is the woman in the middle?

Robert De Niro is the guy sitting next to Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Tuesday at 9:39 PM

Producer Jane Rosenthal, r46.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Wednesday at 3:41 AM

Michael (who?) Rappaport:

[quote]This Motherfucka John Oliver calling Dustin Hoffman “Dustin” Motherfucka you address this man as Mr.Hoffman. You came to moderate a discussion about a movie #JohnOliver, you selfish fuck,you ruined paying customers evening out in Manhattan

Unfortch, Ron Perlman got involved as well:

[quote]Dude’s got a point. And I particularly loved how he kept saying “I hate to do this, but..” Dude, you LIVE to do this. Cutting people down gets you hard!

They are both dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Wednesday at 3:55 AM

Surely we've got past the point of thinking that someone "looks like a pervert"? Obviously not. One of the reasons why "nice" men can have a nice long pervert career.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Wednesday at 4:39 AM

I agree with Rappaport and Perlman. If Oliver wants to go after every sexist actor pig in Hollywood, he's going to be a very busy man.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Wednesday at 5:30 AM

R48 What a stupid headline. Rappaport and Perlman are 100% correct. Asking someone to prove they didn't do something or claiming to have firsthand knowledge or something that happened over 30 years ago even though you weren't there are the very definition of a witch hunt. Oliver lost whatever little credibility he had left. I'm no longer interested in anything he has to say.

by Anonymousreply 51Last Wednesday at 5:38 AM

Alec Baldwin weighs in as well. The swines stick together, as per usual.

[quote]Alec Baldwin complains that John Oliver has turned talk shows into “grand juries”

by Anonymousreply 52Last Wednesday at 5:42 AM

R51 Meryl said he groped her and another poster posted about how he admitted himself he pretended to be his brother while fucking someone. He's scum. Stop with this witch hunt shit. Get new idols.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Wednesday at 6:30 AM

I think the NYT, the Post, Vanity Fair have done a responsible job reporting on this issue. It can probably be argued they have not always been responsible but they are now. This exchange is an example of irresponsible behavior that does more harm than good. At one point Oliver criticizes Hoffman for not proving it didn't happen. A feat that is next to impossible.

If Oliver wants to be taken seriously as something other than a comedian I suggest he needs to act accordingly. "Prove it didn't happen" is something I expect from Rush Limbaugh.

by Anonymousreply 54Last Wednesday at 6:42 AM

I agree with Alec Baldwin, Harvey Weinstein, and Woody Allen. This has gone too far.

by Anonymousreply 55Last Wednesday at 6:43 AM

Doesn't Oliver have some rumors behind him? He might look like Lauer interviewing O Reilly quite soon.......

by Anonymousreply 56Last Wednesday at 6:49 AM

Only what you keep trying to make up r56.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Wednesday at 6:53 AM

Oh the irony: everyone bitching about a witch hunt and "what about false allegations?" keep lying about what's been said and done.

R51 "Asking someone to prove they didn't do something or claiming to have firsthand knowledge or something that happened over 30 years ago even though you weren't there are the very definition of a witch hunt."

No he didn't and no he didn't. Oliver's comments about Hoffman not proving it didn't happen were in response to Hoffman's statement that what he did didn’t reflect who he is as a person. Oliver's point was "you did this, you didn't deny it, you're just trying to cop out by saying don't judge me for it."

Oliver's EXACT words, talking about Hoffman's "I am sorry. It is not reflective of who I am" comment:

“It’s that part of the response to this stuff that pisses me off. It is reflective of who you were. You’ve given no evidence to show that it didn’t happen. There was a period of time when you were a creeper around women. It feels like a cop-out to say, ‘Well, this isn’t me.’ Do you understand how that feels like a dismissal?”‘

See? He's not saying "you must PROVE it didn't happen." He's saying Hoffman's response amounts to "don't judge me" while Hoffman's not even saying or proving it's not true.

Taking people's words out of context and misrepresenting them is the very definition of a witch hunt.

by Anonymousreply 58Last Wednesday at 6:57 AM

R56 No, Oliver has zero rumours behind him. He married the first woman who gave him attention (an Iraq War veteran), and they had their first child two years ago. That's literally all there is to him.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Wednesday at 6:57 AM

"He married the first woman who gave him attention"

The awesome thing about John Oliver is he probably wouldn't deny that or even get defensive. He'd be like "Of course, just look at me. I know where I fall on the food chain."

by Anonymousreply 60Last Wednesday at 6:59 AM

[quote] #believemen? Why? Most are lying, unstable bitches.

In the majority of cases I'll take a gay man's word over some lying homophobic breeder cunt any day of the week. I'm tired of being forced to believe the negative traits about my own sex are the default or that they define me.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Wednesday at 7:00 AM

R61's head explodes whenever a gay man accuses another man of abuse/assault.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Wednesday at 7:02 AM

Don't call yourself a feminist or a gay ally if you'd rather attack a woman than admit when a man is right.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Wednesday at 7:03 AM

[quote][R61]'s head explodes whenever a gay man accuses another man of abuse/assault.

Heterosexuality is inherently abusive therefore they have no right to define what constitutes abuse.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Wednesday at 7:04 AM

^ yeah, OK. Ask the Anti-Violence Project then.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Wednesday at 7:05 AM

[quote]Don't call yourself a feminist or a gay ally if you'd rather attack a woman than admit when a man is right.

R63 - could you please diagram your post since I think I agree with you but the wording gives me serious doubts.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Wednesday at 7:06 AM

R60 Yeah, even when writing that, I knew he could take it. He makes fun of his own appearance all the time on his show. And I've always found him sexy because of that.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Wednesday at 7:07 AM

Hoffman wasn't exactly going to go into an interview where he knew he would be approached with these questions, so Oliver took the opportunity to confront him.

Considering what we actually know, from Streep and Ross as well as Hoffman's own words, I don't think it was inappropriate in the least.

Disappointing to see people like Ron Perlman act like there's some kind of sanctity at a movie reunion show that should not be violated. People said the same thing about Polanski and that awards ceremony he was arrested at. Bullshit, all of it.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Wednesday at 7:23 AM

Wag the Dog is about a President faking a war to distract from getting caught creeping on an underage girl. How utterly fucking stupid must Hoffman be to not expect the subject to come up?

by Anonymousreply 69Last Wednesday at 7:25 AM

R65: Yeah, I'll ask them what makes heterosexual men think they have the right to treat women and gay men as second-class citizens while we get punished for challenging it in any way shape or form.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Wednesday at 7:26 AM

This is what I will never understand or respect about heterosexual men of any race, religion or nationality: why they go after women they can't have and ignore men they could have if they'd only just ask.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Wednesday at 7:30 AM

I almost said that to Perlman on Twitter, R69, then decided to just keep my mouth shut because I didn't want the crazies coming after me.

But yeah, a Wag the Dog reunion is the PERFECT time to bring it up.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Wednesday at 7:30 AM

John Oliver is just another racist pretentious goysplaining Brit douchebag, and if he's heterosexual then he, too, has forfeited any kind of benefit of the doubt and should be assumed guilty of rape even after proven innocent.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Wednesday at 7:32 AM

He can do penance with a movie about the lynching of Leo Frank at the hands of racist white gentiles descended from Englishmen who along with Italians, French, and Spanish, stole land from Indians.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Wednesday at 7:34 AM

Oh, and Portugal.

by Anonymousreply 75Last Wednesday at 7:35 AM

This whole thread is a great illustration of the dishonest, amoral, manipulative and down right hysterical bullshit women have to deal with every day.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Wednesday at 7:38 AM

As if gay men don't have to deal with it, too? First we get automatically assumed to be predators because we're gay, now we're automatically assumed to be predators because we're male. That ends right now.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Wednesday at 7:41 AM

Both of these men benefit from the same heterosexual privilege heterosexual women benefit from.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Wednesday at 7:41 AM

Did Oliver really think he'd get to the bottom of it by ambushing and haranguing Hoffman?

Pure virtue signal img from Oliver -- he was just polishing his own brand. And this is from someone who believes Hoffman's accusers.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Wednesday at 7:51 AM

If I never hear another whiner use the term "virtue signalling" again, it'll be too soon. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Wednesday at 7:52 AM

The term was invented because it's relevant in the age of social media, in which people say things to define themselves, rather than because they believe them. If you want to disagree with that, do proceed, but if you're just "tired of it," well....

by Anonymousreply 81Last Wednesday at 7:56 AM

Preach r80. Right-wing idiots collectively got obsessed with the word "virtue-signaling" and are determined to run it into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Wednesday at 8:07 AM

It irritated me when Hoffman was talking about Tootsie and how when he was in character he was introduced to certain men who looked right through her because they weren't attracted to her and how much it upset him about how men were and how he had always been.

OK - here comes a Gurl, please...because

WOMEN DO THAT ALL THE FUCKING TIME AS WELL.

They'll look right through and dismiss a man for not being attractive in a New York second.

and they often enjoy doing it.

enjoy abusing their sexual power to make a man feel like shit about himself.

It's NOT just a male thing.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Wednesday at 8:12 AM

I'm neither rightwing nor an idiot, r82. If you think we shouldn't fight back against the excesses of the loony Left (which put trump in power), then you're probably part of the problem -- you're just Steve Bannon's useful idiot.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Wednesday at 8:17 AM

r74 Leo Frank was guilty of raping and murdering Mary Phagan, his 13 year old sweatshop employee.

Then Leo Frank's wealthy NYC Jewish friends bribed the governor of Georgia into blocking Leo's death sentence.

It's the same kind of Jewish crap that we're seeing today, with mensches like Harvey Weinstein. Leo Frank even employed an army of private investigators to alter the crime scene, and pressure witnesses. Just like Harvey Weinstein hired Jewish Mossad operatives to pressure victims and get fictitious narratives published in the media about how Weinstein was innocent, and being persecuted by racist gentiles.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Wednesday at 8:32 AM

Oh dear, Matt's off his meds again.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Wednesday at 8:33 AM

If you look like a perv you can’t criticize sexual harrassment.

Logic by Datalounge. You can’t make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Wednesday at 8:36 AM

Wherever antisemites go, other forms of bigotry are sure to follow.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Wednesday at 8:53 AM

Just because you have a cunt doesn't give you an excuse to act like one.

by Anonymousreply 89Last Wednesday at 8:54 AM

I love Michael Rappaport. Does this mean I have to stop listening to his podcast?

He usually is an unvarnished truth teller.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Wednesday at 8:56 AM

[quote]If you think we shouldn't fight back against the excesses of the loony Left (which put trump in power)

By, Trollina.

🚫

💨

by Anonymousreply 91Last Wednesday at 9:14 AM

[quote]I love Michael Rappaport. Does this mean I have to stop listening to his podcast? He usually is an unvarnished truth teller.

Well, he's not a good breaker-upper:

[quote][bold]Michael Rapaport Sentenced for Harassment[/bold]

[quote]Michael Rapaport, known for his edgy, eccentric portrayals onscreen, is in trouble for some some real-life rude behavior.

[quote]In a case of love-gone-bad Hollywood-style, the 28-year-old actor has admitted in court to harassing ex-girlfriend Lili Taylor. The thick-accented Rapaport, whose credits include Cop Land, Mighty Aphrodite, Beautiful Girls and Higher Learning, pleaded guilty to aggravated harassment in a New York courtroom Monday. He told the judge he called Taylor 21 times in four days after they split up. Then, on May 17, 1997, he showed up at Taylor's apartment at 1 a.m. and repeatedly banged on her window.

[quote]He was arrested the following day, after Taylor (Ransom, Short Cuts, Mystic Pizza), 30, complained to police that he ignored her requests to leave. She claimed Rapaport said he wanted "to get back with" her and that his actions left her "seriously annoyed." New York Supreme Court Justice Arlene Goldberg issued a protection order that forces Rapaport to keep away from Taylor. Although he was spared jail time, the actor was ordered to seek counseling twice a month for a year.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Wednesday at 9:38 AM

[quote]If you think we shouldn't fight back against the excesses of the loony Left (which put trump in power)

Yeah, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Wednesday at 9:38 AM

[quote]I love Michael Rappaport. Does this mean I have to stop listening to his podcast? He usually is an unvarnished truth teller.

And he's a Chris Brown apologist:

[quote]Aziz Ansari hosted “Saturday Night Live” a day after Donald Trump’s inauguration and poked fun at the 45th president by comparing him to Chris Brown.

[quote]“I’m sure there’s a lot of people who voted for Trump the same way a lot of people listen to the music of Chris Brown, where it’s like, ‘Hey, man! I’m just here for the tunes,” Ansari joked. “‘I don’t know about that other stuff. I just like the dancing and the music. I don’t condone the extracurriculars.’”

[quote]“The Parks and Recreation” alum was called out by Brown in an Instagram post and was also slammed by actor Michael Rapaport on his latest episode of “I Am Rapaport Stereo Podcast.”

[quote]“Aziz Ansari, who the f*ck do you think you are?” said the actor. “Why are you dragging him [Chris Brown] through the mud? Who are you to talk about him?’”

[quote]Rapaport continued by adding that no one supports the beating of women, but defended Brown by saying, “This guy has obviously suffered, you see all the trouble he has and all the trouble that surrounds him. He’s definitely dealing with some sh*t and dealing with his own personal demons.” The “Sully” actor didn’t stop there, criticizing the comedian for being “holier-than-thou.”

[quote]“But Aziz Ansari, you are one of these holier-than-thou political correct police,” he said. “This little f*ck. Mr. Racial, he’s like Mr. Provocative… He’s like, ‘Oh, the brown people this.’ He’s always talking about the brown people and I get that he tries to be racially provocative. He is racially provocative… I said this once and I’ll say it again.”

[quote]“F*ck you, you little politically correct f*ck, you. I’m not saying he’s not funny. I’m not saying he’s not talented. And I’m not saying his voice isn’t warranted, but you are not holier than thou,” he added.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Wednesday at 9:39 AM

Jesus, Rapaport sounds like an enormous fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 95Last Wednesday at 9:46 AM

Rapaport is a fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 96Last Wednesday at 10:11 AM

John Oliver is our friend.

Bill Maher is not our friend.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Wednesday at 2:59 PM

SOMEONE, PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, BREITSHART IN MY MOUTH!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 98Last Wednesday at 4:32 PM

R97 What the hell are you talking about and what is it in reference to?

by Anonymousreply 99Last Wednesday at 4:38 PM

R77 Amen!

by Anonymousreply 100Last Wednesday at 4:39 PM

R58 That's right. Hoffman apologized to those women and explained how it was wrong. He said it doesn't reflect the person he is. You can choose to believe him or don't believe him. I've read the accounts and made up my own mind. I feel he did act inappropriately but did not engage in any criminal conduct. I believe he has changed his outlook since then as he hasn't been involved in any public scandals and has led a fairly private life. Oliver shouldn't speak for Hoffman's accusers. If he has a beef with Hoffman, then it was the wrong choice to have him moderate a panel with Hoffman in it. Of course, Hoffman will defend himself as we all would. Hoffman has apologized for what he did. He doesn't have to apologize too for what he didn't do.

by Anonymousreply 101Last Wednesday at 4:47 PM

"Hoffman apologized to those women and explained how it was wrong."

Never once heard him say either one of those things in the interview. If he had this would all be a footnote instead of something that is looking like it will be the end cap to his career.

All I got from Hoffman was, "I WASN'T WRONG" because.... Because it was way back when. Because I was only kidding. Because the crew is a family...blah, blah, blah.

It's no surprise to me that the "never apologize" types can never admit the error of their ways because EGO!!! EGO!!! EGO!!!

by Anonymousreply 102Last Wednesday at 4:52 PM

Having Ron Perlman defend Hoffman is not a feather in Dustin’s cap. Didn’t Revlon’s Ron Perlman abuse or torment Ellen Barkin? These creeps stick together: Ron, Michael R., Geraldo.

by Anonymousreply 103Last Wednesday at 5:03 PM

I wonder why Anne Heche wasn't invited to be on the panel.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Wednesday at 5:22 PM

Ah R104- I forgot Anne was in that movie...and had a nice sized role.

by Anonymousreply 105Last Wednesday at 5:34 PM

Is she still denying being a big old lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 106Last Wednesday at 5:36 PM

Anne Heche? Thought she was dead. Like this thread.

by Anonymousreply 107Last Wednesday at 5:37 PM

she's been with James Tupper for 10 years r106 so I guess so.

by Anonymousreply 108Last Wednesday at 5:50 PM

Heche as perhaps the biggest role in the film. As I remember she's in more of the film than either Hoffman or De Niro.

She was quite hot there for a moment in the film world. She also did Donnie Brasco this year.

by Anonymousreply 109Last Wednesday at 5:51 PM

R92 In all fairness, Rappaport was 28 when he harassed Lili Taylor, and he is around 47 now. I think he has probably changed his methods of conducting relationships in the nearly 20 years which have passed.

I can certainly see why some would say he seems like an asshole. He is an asshole, but he is a likeable asshole to me. I am a big sports fan, and I love his take on the NBA(which is a major part of his podcast.) Many people thought David Letterman was an asshole as well, but I have never before or since he retired ever had someone to make me laugh and think like he does.

by Anonymousreply 110Last Wednesday at 5:53 PM

Donnie Brasco...that classic.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Wednesday at 5:53 PM

Oliver is a hypocrite. He remained silent about Louis CK even though many female comedians had publicly said that he had exposed himself and masturbated in front of them.

by Anonymousreply 112Last Wednesday at 8:45 PM

R112 he would be a hypocrite if he had Louis on, knew it was true, and didn't say anything. Who cares anyway if he's a hypocrite? The questions should be asked

by Anonymousreply 113Last Wednesday at 10:23 PM

He remained silent about Louis CK even though many female comedians had publicly said that he had exposed himself and masturbated in front of them.

What a load of bullshit. And you've posted this kind "WHY DIDN'T SO AND SO SAY THIS ABOUT SUCH AND SUCH" on a ton of threads as though that means anything.

Twitter bullshit to the contrary, it's not a moral imperative for one celebrity to comment on anything and everything going on with another celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 114Last Thursday at 2:01 AM

I love Anne. She's the best we've got - & what a loony/character she is.

I remember when she wrote her autobiography - she was doing the rounds & BOOOM >> 9/11.

So she never got to promote it properly.

TRUE STORY.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Thursday at 3:29 AM

You're probably wondering if I read the book.

I couldn't get through it.

I'll give it another chance.

by Anonymousreply 116Last Thursday at 3:30 AM

& she called her kid ATLAS.

YOU do the math.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Thursday at 3:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!