Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I just got my flu shot.

What a good boy I am! It was actually painless, though my arm hurts a little now. I had the flu once and I never want to be that sick again.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Thursday at 7:52 AM

Every year But you have to make sure the doctor keeps his eyes open.

by Anonymousreply 112/04/2017

Unfortunately, the flu vaccine this year is not that effective. Best to cover yourself with seran wrap this flu season :(

by Anonymousreply 212/04/2017

My sister does not get the shot, and just had the flu. Her daughter had a mysterious disease at age 1 and eventually died from it. My sister looked into everything and got sucked into the anti-vaccine hoopla. I think she’s dismissed that now, but she still hasn’t gotten the vaccine since then. Maybe after this year she will start getting the shot again.

by Anonymousreply 312/04/2017

I never took the shot, until I got the flu in 1999. I prayed for death.. I have never been so ill. I’ve taken the shot every year except one since. I got the flu again last year, but took tamaflu early enough that I got over it quickly.

by Anonymousreply 412/04/2017

I got the flu one year even though I’d had the shot, but it was a milder version. Tamiflu helps a lot but you have to take it right away.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Tuesday at 8:15 AM

lmao

by Anonymousreply 6Last Thursday at 5:28 AM

Eh, I forgot and it's kinda too late now. But the good news is, I'm €12 richer.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Thursday at 5:33 AM

R2 How the hell can you tell the flu vaccine isn't that effective this year when the flu season isn't even over yet? Isn't that determined after the fact? Also, perhaps the OP is British? These things are region-specific.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 5:35 AM

It’s never too late. Get it today and you’ll still be better off than you would be without it.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 5:36 AM

For those who think this shit is a game:

by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 5:39 AM

It is based on the Australian data r8, they already finished their flu season. We use the same flu vaccines.

There is no guarantee the same strains will predominate here as in australia, but it is likely.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Thursday at 5:39 AM

[QUOTE]”The exact timing and duration of flu seasons can vary, but influenza activity often begins to increase in October. Most of the time flu activity peaks between December and February, although activity can last as late as May.”

by Anonymousreply 12Last Thursday at 5:40 AM

Oh, I see the washington post article confirms it is the same strain that wrecked havoc in Oz

[quote]He and his colleagues say flu season started early this year, and the dominant strain of the virus that has emerged is the H3N2. That’s the same strain that pinballed around the world last flu season and wreaked havoc in Australia during the southern hemisphere’s winter months.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 5:41 AM

Well, Jenny McCarthy said that vaccines cause autism, and given her extensive scientific training, THAT’S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Thursday at 5:42 AM

Grave doubts about its effectiveness.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Thursday at 5:42 AM

THat's great R7! Now you can pickup a used dildo on craigslist from the money you saved!

by Anonymousreply 16Last Thursday at 5:52 AM

I never used to get the flu shot and I was sick every year. Last year I said what the hell have I got to lose and took the shot.

I was not sick at all last year, not even a little cold!

I got the shot again this year.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Thursday at 6:06 AM

The last time I got a flu shot it made me so sick in more ways than one that I had to seek medical help for it on an ongoing basis. When the cure is worse than the disease that's when I bow out. In the last 6 or 7 years I've been very healthy without getting a flu shot. To each his own, but not for me.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Thursday at 6:12 AM

[QUOTE]Now you can pickup a used dildo on craigslist from the money you saved!

That’s pre-owned* dildo.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Thursday at 6:13 AM

I think everybody should get the shot. February is a bad month for getting flu-sick, so it’s not too late at all. It’s free thru my insurance. Don’t discount the freeness.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Thursday at 7:43 AM

I'll try standing outside a drugstore or clinic on a busy street with a sign "Fund my flu shot!" If it's crucial everyone gets a vaccine, I should be able to collect enough to get my inoculation by lunch time.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Thursday at 7:50 AM

Getting the flu shot is always a good idea, but as was said multiple times, this years flu shot is not very effective against the flu. So its sort of a wash.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Thursday at 7:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!