Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

President Trump Declares Major Reduction of Bears Ears Monument

SALT LAKE CITY — President Trump said he would dramatically reduce the size of a vast expanse of protected federal land in Utah on Monday, a rollback of some two million acres that is the largest in scale in the nation’s history.

The administration said it would shrink Bears Ears National Monument, a sprawling region of red rock canyons, by about 85 percent, and cut another area, Grand Staircase-Escalante, to about half its current size. The move, a reversal of protections put in place by Democratic predecessors, comes as the administration pushes for fewer restrictions and more development on public lands.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Wednesday at 8:37 PM

Good i hate fat bears. Reduce them in size

by Anonymousreply 112/04/2017

This disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 212/04/2017

Just when I think I can't hate that man anymore... he sinks to new levels of assholery

by Anonymousreply 312/04/2017

Trump’s unprecedented move to shrink a U.S. monument is certain to spark a protracted court case. Trump’s effort “could alter the course of American land conservation, possibly opening millions of protected public acres to oil and gas extraction, mining, logging and other commercial activities,” The New York Times reports.

Yvon Chouinard, founder and CEO of outdoor gear maker Patagonia, told CNN’s Bill Weir that he’s going to help fight against Trump and his “evil government”:

by Anonymousreply 412/04/2017

Yellowstone, you in danger, he's coming for you next!

Sorry to hear about this, but Utah votes Republican; they got what they voted for

by Anonymousreply 512/04/2017

Bearzsh Earzsh

by Anonymousreply 612/04/2017

[quote] Bears Ears National Monumen, established by President Barack Obama by presidential proclamation on December 28, 2016.

ie - after the election. If this was such a critical "monument" why wait till he'd alredy been handed his hat.

by Anonymousreply 712/04/2017

The US is being destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 812/04/2017

Exactly, R7.

by Anonymousreply 912/04/2017

Every single thing he does needs to be reversed once he leaves office, as a matter of principle.

by Anonymousreply 1012/04/2017

One positive thing Trump does is to make me feel good about being old.

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2017

I think this will be fought.

by Anonymousreply 1212/04/2017

Per pool reports: Trump motorcade runs into a "wall of protesters" signs include "Trump, a monumental mistake," "Tiny Hands off our lands, and many chanting "F**K You Trump!"

by Anonymousreply 1312/04/2017

R7, does it matter when he did it? He did it. I dont think doing it before the election would,have added any safeguards. While I like that he did it, I don't get how he,had that authority, and certainly how trump has the authority to tescind it. Each of his assaults further hardens the rage I feel toward the stupid bigots voting for him. I hope they suffer for it.

R11, I know what you mean sort of, but it would be nice to exit with a sense of the world being in a good place.

by Anonymousreply 1412/04/2017

[quote]Every single thing he does needs to be reversed once he leaves office, as a matter of principle.

I'm working on it.

by Anonymousreply 1512/04/2017

He's so evil

by Anonymousreply 1612/04/2017

He wants to undo anything that is good about America. I hate him so much. I am just glad my dad isn't here to see this day.

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2017

R2 Why? Because he's giving the Indians back their lands? The lands that Obama stole from them?

by Anonymousreply 1812/04/2017

Yes, R17, it's all about commerce for him and his pals. Privatizing prisons, schools, gutting net neutrality, deals for more Trump brand crap. Pulling out of the Paris climate accord. If only it were just his voters who got hurt by him, but it's not.

by Anonymousreply 1912/04/2017

But imagine all the jobs that will be created by the new Bears Ears Trump Golf Course!

by Anonymousreply 2012/04/2017

The Indians want Bears Ears preserved as is R18. Are you just a troll, or a just a fucking idiot?

by Anonymousreply 2112/04/2017

It almost sound like a satire, like he wants to enter Montgomery Burns level of evilness.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Tuesday at 11:46 AM

I think Queen Carlotta is more his speed as role models go.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Tuesday at 11:54 AM

Drill baby drill

by Anonymousreply 24Last Wednesday at 8:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!