Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Roseanne says she ‘drank too much,’ started spat with liberal Rob Reiner over ‘all that Russian BS’

It may come as a shock to some, but iconic TV star Roseanne Barr has been leaning right in the face of ultra-liberal Hollywood for quite some time.

So it’s not too surprising that Barr — who’s never seemed fearful in the least about speaking her mind — tweeted Wednesday that she started a spat with none other than liberal filmmaker Rob Reiner over “all that Russian BS.”

i drank too much in NYC and saw Rob Reiner and could not help myself-I went over to him & got into a fight with him over all that Russian BS

— Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) October 19, 2017

Oh yeah, Barr added that she “drank too much” prior to the encounter.

Anyway, Rosie said that Reiner — who’s on the advisory board of the Committee to Investigate Russia and is no fan of Republican President Donald Trump — wasn’t keen on sticking around for the end of the scene.

i said "you're buying fake news" he said, "I'm not going to listen to this. I'm out of here." I said-'u should politiely discuss opinions!'

— Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) October 19, 2017

She added:

Carmel Nogowski@karmelkandyy

Well its ashame someone cant go to dinner without being harassed for their our views huh go figure

Roseanne Barr @therealroseanne

polite conversation on the way out of the restaurant was not possible, sadly.

Reiner was mum Thursday on his Twitter page regarding Barr’s claims, but he could’ve had it worse: At least Archie didn’t interrupt his meal.

For more on Barr, here’s an interview she gave to the Rubin Report last year.

by Anonymousreply 7412/07/2017

by Anonymousreply 112/04/2017

Roseanne is crazier than a shit house rat.

by Anonymousreply 212/04/2017

It started with her falling madly in love with Israel and becoming a rabid anti-Palestinian who wants to kill all Arabs. And now she's become a classic Boomer right-winger.

by Anonymousreply 312/04/2017

Roseanne is made of bullshit. Boycott her deplorable show.

by Anonymousreply 412/04/2017

I’m definitely not watching anything this woman does in the future. Deplorable idiot.

by Anonymousreply 512/04/2017

She has a show? Do you mean some kind of podcast or something?

She's been out of her mind for years. I feel sorry for her whenever I see one of these stories about how insane she is now. Poor thing. Once upon a time she was a very funny comedienne. Now she's just cringe-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 612/04/2017

R6 She bringing her sitcom back to ABC. Can't believe anyone would work with this blowhard, but I guess a check is a check.

by Anonymousreply 712/04/2017

How can anyone who’s been paying attention at all not know that Trump has been and still is in cahoots with the Russians? He loves them and all their money 💰 and hacking our elections.

by Anonymousreply 812/04/2017

a lunatic and wow what terrible plastic surgery

by Anonymousreply 912/04/2017

R8 Deplorables have their heads up their asses. That's how.

by Anonymousreply 1012/04/2017

I had no idea, R7, I hope John Goodman's got enough work to avoid the trainwreck that's sure to come from her "new" show.

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2017

Roseanne is certifiable. I'm still not convinced her right - wing veer isn't performance at considering her and her daughter go at each other constantly on Twitter. Nevertheless, loved the original and I'm in for the reboot, which is going to feature a gender neutral grandchild. She's also working with extremely liberal people in doing it.

I actually think she had great plastic surgery. Even at 60 whatever, she looks way better than she did when the show premiered.

by Anonymousreply 1212/04/2017

R11 He's in it... brought back from the dead, no less. If they want to taint their careers with this wildebeast, then they deserve the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 1312/04/2017

She has consumed mass quantities of alcohol and too much loose meat. She was never a smart cookie. She just learned how to be shocking and outrageous to get attention. This doesn’t age well. People may tune in to see the train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 1412/04/2017

I last I heard Roseanne was leaning toward the Far Left. And now she's veering to the Far Right?

She's as crazy as a bedbug. Ran for President twice but unlike similar trainwreck Trump, she didn't get elected.

Used to be relevant but now has to do all sorts of bizarre things to get back into the spotlight, which isn't difficult for her given her mental state.

by Anonymousreply 1512/04/2017

r12 made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 1612/04/2017

In one of her more stunning moments.

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2017

R15 She got brainwashed with ultra right Zionism first. That paved the way for her to become a Trump deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 1812/04/2017

[quote]It started with her falling madly in love with Israel and becoming a rabid anti-Palestinian who wants to kill all Arabs.

Same thing happened with David Mamet. He gave an interview several years ago where he'd gone full Fox News blowhard and called NPR "National Palestinian Radio."

by Anonymousreply 1912/04/2017

The President has lied about Russia. His former National Security Adviser has lied about Russia. His Attorney General has lied about Russia. His son and son-in-law have lied about Russia. Here's what I don't understand about Deplorables: the Russia story is "fake news". Nothing illegal transpired. Why are they all lying about it then? How do they reconcile the two?

by Anonymousreply 2012/04/2017

I used to follow her on Twitter, thinking, mistakenly, that she would be funny.

Like Rosie, she is not funny; just political, but in a very shrill, ham-fisted way.

Rosie hates Trump; Roseanne licks his ass.

by Anonymousreply 2112/04/2017

She was a huge liberal and supported the Clintons. Jeez, stay away from fox!

by Anonymousreply 2212/04/2017

Rob Reiner is as big an asshole as they come. Major jerk and I speak of him in the business, not his politics.

On another note, it will be interesting to see Laurie Metcalf win an Oscar this year -- and then go straight over to a reboot of a show she did a hundred years ago? With a lot of drama and mess, no doubt? I wonder if she wants to change her mind or at least the terms of the agreement.

by Anonymousreply 2312/04/2017

R21 Rosie hates Trump for more than political reasons. Hated him for decades, just more vocal in the last.

by Anonymousreply 2412/04/2017

Roseanne now hates the blacks, calls them unpatriotic for taking a knee, goes nuts about ANTIFA and BLM, wants Kathy Griffin dead for what she did to Trump, etc. It really all comes to down to Israel, which is amazing since Trump supports Nazis. She keeps posting that Trump is going to announce Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. She’s also pro-gun, loves Fox News, and Obama and Clintons are traitors and evil pos. She follows O’Reilly, lives Breitbart and Hannity, appears on RTL frequently as well.

She turned on Democrats when they have the black man the nomination over Hillary. Then she became pro-Israel and Hillary became the evilest person on the planet and Clintons were out to get her. She said Bill got her show cancelled after she interviewed one of his mistresses. lol.

by Anonymousreply 2512/04/2017

When R did Oprah in 2011 to promote her book, she was convinced that O hated her because she supported Hillary. Oprah looked at her like she was nuts. O couldn’t give two shits about her.

by Anonymousreply 2612/04/2017

Hope ABC is paying attention to her shitstorms and debating if putting her back on the air was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 2712/04/2017

Why is anyone paying attention to this stupid cunt?

by Anonymousreply 2812/04/2017

R27 Truly a mind-numbingly bad decision... especially if the Jerusalem issue flares up.

by Anonymousreply 2912/04/2017

Because she's coming back on the air and in a big way, R28. She's timely (this week anyway).

by Anonymousreply 3012/04/2017

R28 Early trainwreck alert. DL loves to be ahead of the curve on bloody messes.

by Anonymousreply 3112/04/2017

I wonder how does the now reformed Roseanne cast feel about working with her. Why is that lesbian from the morning show working with Roseanne? She can't be hurting for money.

by Anonymousreply 3212/04/2017

R32 That's the mystery of HW. Charlie Sheen was pretty despicable and he was working for years and years.

by Anonymousreply 3312/04/2017

I wouldn't have pegged Roseanne for a heavy drinker. I thought she was a mother earth kind of person these days.

by Anonymousreply 3412/04/2017

^ earth mother, I meant.

by Anonymousreply 3512/04/2017

R34 She tried that with her Hawaii nut farm or whatever. It didn't take. But Jewess going nutso in her old age is not a rare phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 3612/04/2017

Sandra’s back on-set. Does she read Roseanne’s Twitter crap?

by Anonymousreply 3712/04/2017

R37 Well, Sandra, I understand... she really has no career anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3812/04/2017

R37 They look like zombies warmed over.

by Anonymousreply 3912/04/2017

That is a very unflattering picture on Sandra. I think people tolerate Rossane the same way people tolerate their dementia riddled parents and grandparents. They remember the person from before they lost it. She had a traumatic brain injury as a child and spent her teens in a mental institution. She claims to have multiple personalities. She's had periods of stability, but she's bound to have mental health relapses.

by Anonymousreply 4012/04/2017

Sandra looks really hard these days. She did a spot this season on Broad City and she looked haggard. She was never beautiful, but time she has not been kind to her.

Pics like that from the set are why I really have no idea how to read Roseanne's political views right now. These people are obviously super liberal and yet they seem like old chums.

Interesting on the Oprah thing with Roseanne. I used to hang around her message board way back in 2004 (?) and there were a group of about 20 of us. She would constantly post, and respond to our posts as if it were something like Datalounge. It was really cool. Anyway, she said that she could no longer stand Oprah because she was a big phony. The Hillary story came along later.

by Anonymousreply 4112/04/2017

When I said I think she's had good plastic surgery, I didn't mean that I think she's beautiful or anything, but rather her surgery was a drastic improvement over what she looked like when she got her TV show in 1988. She's one of those rare celebs whose plastic surgery vastly improved their looks, and she had the sense to stop before she ended up looking like a cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 4212/04/2017

R97 I hope that's before makeup... because imagine seeing that on a 52" HDTV.

by Anonymousreply 4312/04/2017

I’m very disappointed in her and I won’t be watching her show. Fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4412/04/2017

Why the fuck is Rob Reiner - a director of shit movies for the past 30 years - on the advisory board of the committee to investigate Russia?

by Anonymousreply 4512/04/2017

[quote]That is a very unflattering picture on Sandra.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 4612/04/2017

Oh, come on, R12. You're just making up excuses for her so you can watch that shit show of hers without feeling guilty.

Just grow up and admit it: you don't care that you're going to support a drunken deplorable who harasses people because of her mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 4712/04/2017

R37 That's a lot of homely for one picture.

by Anonymousreply 4812/04/2017

They ordered 9 episodes of this reboot.

by Anonymousreply 4912/04/2017

Won't watch the show, but can't wait for the trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 5012/04/2017

So she's an alkie now?

by Anonymousreply 5112/04/2017

R51 She's always been a loose canon... now add alcohol and ABC and all her co-stars have really stepped in it.

by Anonymousreply 5212/04/2017

Why is this a surprise? Even in her first season, her behavior was so publicized even [italic]The Golden Girls[/italic] joked about it.

by Anonymousreply 5312/04/2017

I hope Laurie Metcalfe will play Jackie as Jackie again and not the spasmodic creature they had her become around season 5.

by Anonymousreply 5412/04/2017

R53 Before, she was outrageous but still sane, now she is off her rocker.

by Anonymousreply 5512/04/2017

Team Roseanne all the way! GOD, does she make me look good by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 5612/04/2017

R56 You just want to see her fall flat on her face.

by Anonymousreply 5712/04/2017

[quote][R53] Before, she was outrageous but still sane, now she is off her rocker.

But even then the late Jay Thomas, who had a less-than-pristine reputation, actually said "If I wanted this kind of abuse, I'd direct The Roseanne Barr Show" as the pizza commercial director on GG.

by Anonymousreply 5812/04/2017

Someone explain why we should care what self-described white trash Rosanne thinks?

by Anonymousreply 5912/04/2017

Wha'trayush

by Anonymousreply 6012/04/2017

Becky will be a widow.

by Anonymousreply 6112/05/2017

Well Roseanne is getting her Jerusalem!

by Anonymousreply 6212/06/2017

R54 is a weirdo. Go watch Full House.

by Anonymousreply 6312/06/2017

R62 And it will blow up in her face.

by Anonymousreply 6412/06/2017

Any and all attacks on Jews and/or gay people inside or outside of Israel will be subject to retaliation by every means necessary.

by Anonymousreply 6512/06/2017

Russians and Muslims are both sub-subhuman vermin.

by Anonymousreply 6612/06/2017

Yeah, well Israel isn't a paragon of virtue these days, either. Now go watch Poppins.

by Anonymousreply 6712/06/2017

It ain't pretty when Hebes turn on each other.

by Anonymousreply 6812/06/2017

Rob Reiner will have his day of reckoning.

by Anonymousreply 6912/06/2017

How does that grotesque, self-important cunt reconcile the fact that her adored Trump supports a child molester who’s running for the senate? She claimed years ago that she was sexually abused and yet she supports Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7012/06/2017

[quote]She claimed years ago that she was sexually abused and yet she supports Trump.

And she lied about being abused. She should be horse-whipped.

by Anonymousreply 7112/06/2017

Wait a minute. She said:

[quote]i drank too much in NYC and saw Rob Reiner and could not help myself-I went over to him & got into a fight with him over all that Russian BS

...and then she said:

[quote]Well its ashame someone cant go to dinner without being harassed for their our views huh go figure

Then don’t get drunk and confront people while they are eating their dinners, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7212/06/2017

A large contingent of Trump supporters are Jewish and Israel freaks(fundamental Xtians) Included in that group are the Steve Bannon types who believe that giving Israel her due is job #1 in remaking the world.

I have never quite understood how Bannon's alleged anti-Semitism gins up with his Israel fanaticism, but he does have many Jews on his immediate staff of advisors.

by Anonymousreply 7312/06/2017

Estelle is back.

by Anonymousreply 7412/07/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!