Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Meghan Markle covers Elle France - How do these early days as a royal bride to be compare to Diana, Fergie, Sophie and Kate?

[quote]Although Meghan does not yet have the electrifying effect on a crowd that Princess Diana did, it seems clear that Harry is going to take a delight in her popularity in a way that Prince Charles never could with his first wife. At first the heir to the throne was perplexed by Diana’s celebrity, then it coarsened into irritation.

[quote]This relationship appears to be entirely different. During their visit to the Academy, Meghan broke with royal consort protocol by walking in front of Harry, then being introduced and shaking hands with dignitaries before him.

[quote]He didn’t seem the slightest bit bothered. This seems to signal the launch of a new royal team of true equals, the like of which we have never seen before.

[quote]Such a dazzling and confident debut begs comparison with the royal brides who came before her.

[quote][bold]Diana and Fergie, Sophie and Kate, all of them the kind of upper-crust or posh gels who knew how to negotiate a diplomatic dinner and wear a tiara, but – in the early days of their marriages at least – always gave the impression that they were nothing more than trembling does in the royal forest, ears forever cocked for the sound of the hunter’s horn.[/bold]

[quote]This remarkable young woman is entirely different. As Meghan Markle worked the crowds in Nottingham, it was a pleasure to see a royal partner already so at ease with herself and her role.

[quote]Yet for those who hail her very existence as a starburst of new royal feminism, I give you two words. The Queen.

[quote]Still, what an impressive debut. Meghan Markle was not born to be a princess, but she moves with ease in her brave new world.

by Anonymousreply 3112/06/2017

[quote]Kate and her both have a fucking habit of touching their hair. Puting it back in a ponytail or in a chic chignon would solve the problem.

[quote]I'm guessing she's going to need someone to help her with her hair. Seems like wearing it down is the main way she wears it. Not even a ponytail in any pic I've run across.

[quote]I agree if she keeps playing with her hair it will take away a sense of poise that she normally projects.

[quote]Okay, time to tie that hair back.

[quote]The hair touching thing seems to be a nervous habit. Kate's clutch bags are probably a prop to give her something to do with her hands. Give our Meg a clutch bag and the hair touching will subside.

[quote]Meg's natural hair is a fro. It takes a lot of work and product to get it that straight. I don't think she'll be keen on hiding it in a matronly bun.

[quote]She should cut her hair. She has the Kardashian center part, shapeless, way too long thing going on.

[quote]It's practically mandatory for an actress to have long hair, it's what men want even if the woman looks better in short hair. Touching it is signally availability/sex. She will keep it long and messy as a sign that she hasn't completely subordinated herself to Palace dictates.

[quote]Her damp-looking straggly hair extensions ruined whatever hint of glamour she was going for.

[quote]Meghan should have looked more pulled together with a nice fitted outfit, hair properly coiffed like in this photo of Princess Mary. As it is, Meghan looked like an 18 year not a 36 yr old old and certainly not anywhere looking "the part" of a sophisticated soon-to-be-royal.

[quote]she can’t win, because if she had it arranged in some kind of an updo she’d be accused of trying to look too regal since her long straight hair is her usual style.

[quote]the hair was an unmitigated disaster - She's going to be in all sorts of weather conditions and London is not L.A. with its dry, arid temps. - PUT YOUR HAIR AND EXTENSIONS UP!

Quotes are from the [italic]Meghan's on her first 'walkabout' in Nottingham, England today[/italic] thread. Google says she does wear her hair up and it's extension free.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2017

[quote]Meghan Markle attends the Step It Up For Gender Equality event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the fourth World Conference On Women in Beijing at Hammerstein Ballroom on March 10, 2015 in New York City.

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2017

[quote]Model Meghan Markle attends the Elton John AIDS Foundation's 13th Annual An Enduring Vision Benefit at Cipriani Wall Street on October 28, 2014 in New York City.

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2017

[quote]Actress Meghan Markle attends ELLE's Annual Women in Television Celebration on January 22, 2014 in West Hollywood, California.

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2017
by Anonymousreply 512/03/2017

She's obnoxious, if just for the media cramming her down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2017

How many threads on this woman??????????

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2017

[quote]Celebrities visit NBC Studios for an appearance on the 'Today' show on August 24, 2015 in New York City, New York.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2017

[quote]Meghan Markle attends the Peter Som fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2015 at Milk Studios on September 5, 2014 in New York City.

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2017

Has she ever been Bukkake'd?

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2017

She's gorgeous. What a bone structure!

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2017

She’s very pretty. But several photos show her looking rather thick in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2017

I was skimming through TV and saw the 2020 special play. I watched a few minutes and my impression was that she was stunningly gorgeous. She doesn’t seem stupid either.

by Anonymousreply 1312/03/2017

They're not even married yet and I'm already sick of them.

by Anonymousreply 1412/03/2017

She's lovely.

But I wish they'd found something better for her to wear on the cover of Elle than a wrinkled denim shirt and a tablecloth.

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2017

She's also American, so will never fit in with that group. This is to her advantage and why Harry chose her, I believe. Who wants to fit in with a dying monarchy? I wish them all the happiness, particularly since Harry seems so well adjusted and caring a person.

by Anonymousreply 1612/03/2017

[quote]This relationship appears to be entirely different. During their visit to the Academy, Meghan broke with royal consort protocol by walking in front of Harry, then being introduced and shaking hands with dignitaries before him.

Can it really break with royal protocol since they have yet to be married?

by Anonymousreply 1712/03/2017

Don't forget who is the real star of the monarchy, plebs.

by Anonymousreply 1812/03/2017

Nigger blood is in!

by Anonymousreply 1912/03/2017

The Assault on Buckingham!

by Anonymousreply 2012/03/2017

Oh for fuck’s sake. The hype about this woman is totally over the top. The public will be fed up with her well before the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 2112/03/2017

R21, see R14.

by Anonymousreply 2212/04/2017

I bet whoever dressed her for that Elle cover is still chuckling.

by Anonymousreply 2312/04/2017

At least she has nice, thick hair. There's a chance her and Harry's kids won't go bald!

by Anonymousreply 2412/04/2017

Thats probably the real reason he chose her...

by Anonymousreply 2512/04/2017

I'm an LA native and I've never heard of this chick before getting royal cock. Grace Kelly she is not.

by Anonymousreply 2612/04/2017

Maybe they want to overexpose Meghan so the press won't hound her. The press tend to do that when someone is mysterious and/or shy like Diana.

by Anonymousreply 2712/04/2017

Oops

[quote]Photoshop fail? Meghan Markle's freckles are missing on this magazine cover

by Anonymousreply 2812/05/2017

There's this stuff called make-up, designed specifically to cover up things .

by Anonymousreply 2912/06/2017

Marlke will soon be schooled in House of windsor ways. She'll learn she is not the show, he is. She will follow Harry, expand only when acknowledged. Harry himself hasn't had that much family apparences as no. five, so Harry alone is no. one, his wife, second. He'll learn as well.

by Anonymousreply 3012/06/2017

She looks so much cuter with the freckles. It takes a little of the curse off.

by Anonymousreply 3112/06/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!