Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I just donated plasma for money

Jealous bitches?

But really, for a variety of reasons money is unfortunately tight right now and with Christmas around the corner I started to donate plasma. They will pay me 300 bucks for 5 donations this month which will cover the presents I need to buy without affecting the rest of my budget.

Totally had to lie about having sex with men, and I don't feel bad about it. Fuck that rule.

Anyone else ever done it?

by Anonymousreply 79March 7, 2019 1:59 AM

I donated plasma several times for my aunt who was ill with cancer. This was back in the '90s and I don't remember getting paid that much. Maybe $100 a session.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2017 2:30 AM

Oh wait a minute, you send $300 for five donations, OP. You're getting gypped.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2017 2:31 AM

I did it when I was in college, it is an easy way to make $$.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2017 2:34 AM

[quote] Totally had to lie about having sex with men, and I don't feel bad about it. Fuck that rule.

You're a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2017 2:34 AM

Yeah, 300 for 5, not 300 per. I wish.

From googling that seems normal payment.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2017 2:35 AM

Yes, OP. I tried, but my veins were too small.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2017 2:35 AM

If you’re getting paid, you’re not donating. Sell that plasma like you sell your ass.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2017 2:36 AM

Please let us know where, so we can avoid.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2017 2:36 AM

I'm HIV-negative r4, any reason I can't donate is pure homophobia and that I will not accept.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2017 2:40 AM

Anyone do medical testing (pills) for money, where you stay the night etc?

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2017 2:43 AM

[quote] I'm HIV-negative [R4], any reason I can't donate is pure homophobia and that I will not accept.

In this case, homophobica is perfectly rational. People deserve to know what goes into their body and if they don't like it, they can refuse.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2017 2:45 AM

You can get paid to let medical students do rectal exams on you. Seriously. I thought about doing it when I was younger and knew some hot medical students.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2017 2:46 AM

I’ll donate.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2017 2:51 AM

[quote]the presents I need to buy without affecting the rest of my budget.

How can you NEED to buy presents. It sounds like you need to just write nice cards to people explaining your financial situation and then save better.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2017 2:52 AM

You just sound like a snarky jerk, OP.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2017 2:53 AM

Can you donate every month?

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2017 2:53 AM

All blood is tested, there is no reason to exclude gay men who are sexually active anymore than anyone else who is sexually active.

[quote] As of late 2016, such testing consists of determining the ABO blood group and Rh blood type of the donated unit, testing for red cell antibodies, and performing infectious disease screening for the following agents: human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1, HIV-2, human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV)-I, HTLV-II, hepatitis C virus, hepatitis B virus, West Nile virus, Treponema pallidum (syphilis), Trypanosoma cruzi (Chagas disease, only required to be performed on the first donation by a particular donor), and Zika virus (table 1) [1-3]. All infectious disease screening assays must be negative in order to release the blood unit or its components to hospitals for transfusion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2017 2:55 AM

[quote]Can you donate every month?

You are allowed to donate up to 8 times a month every month, though honestly that doesn't seem healthy to me. We will see how I feel.

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2017 2:57 AM

2400 a month!

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2017 3:00 AM

Divide that by 6 r19.

If it paid that well I imagine everyone would be doing it.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2017 3:03 AM

400 is still okay.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2017 3:05 AM

[quote]Totally had to lie about having sex with men, and I don't feel bad about it. Fuck that rule.

They likely knew you were lying.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2017 3:10 AM

I'm pretty sure my nephew wants presents r14, not a card saying I'm broke right now.

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2017 3:13 AM

R23, maybe your nephew can get paid for doing rectal exams.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2017 3:16 AM

Hardly seems worth it for such a paltry sum.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2017 3:24 AM

[quote]They likely knew you were lying.

Why, because in your mind he’s a flamer?

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2017 3:32 AM

Why say that gay men should not donate, when the HIV virus can be transmitted via hetero sex as well.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2017 3:34 AM

Back in the 19802 I only got 16 or 18 dollars per donation. half the time I got sent home because I couldn't make the weight cut off- I was less than 105 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2017 3:56 AM

A coworker donated a couple of weeks ago. He stupidly parked in a local restaurant's parking lot while he was donating and his car was towed. He was paid $50 for the donation, it cost $190 to get his car back. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2017 4:01 AM

[quote] "I'm HIV-negative [[R4]], any reason I can't donate is pure homophobia and that I will not accept."

[quote] "In this case, homophobica is perfectly rational. People deserve to know what goes into their body and if they don't like it, they can refuse."

By your logic, people should have the right to know the RACE of a blood donor so they can refuse the blood if they don't approve of the donor's skin color. After all, we deserve to know what goes into our bodies, right?

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2017 4:04 AM

I do it all the time. I can make an extra 450 to 500 a month where I live. The only downside is the wait. There's always AT LEAST an hour's wait.

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2017 4:07 AM

how do they get the plasma out and leave the blood in?

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2017 4:08 AM

Is it a donation if he got paid?

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2017 4:10 AM

R32 They use an apheresis machine, which necessitates being hooked up to it for about an hour, unlike whole blood donation which pretty much gets you in and out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2017 4:11 AM

heard u can die from this.

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2017 4:41 AM

Homosexuals as a whole are much more promiscuous than heterosexuals. They ask heterosexual men if they've had sex with prostitutes or about any promiscuous behavior. It's disgusting to lie. Homosexual acts (anal sex) transmit HIV MUCH easier than vaginal sex. Any rise in recent heterosexual HIV rates coincide with a rise in anal sex amongst them as this perverse act is being promoted to them now.

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2017 4:49 AM

My brother donated plasma, maybe too much because a soft spot formed on his skull and then that place eventually caved in.CAVED IN I'M TELLING YOU.

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2017 5:06 AM

I would love to make money with my blood but I can't.

by Anonymousreply 38December 3, 2017 5:08 AM

[quote] "Homosexuals as a whole are much more promiscuous than heterosexuals. They ask heterosexual men if they've had sex with prostitutes or about any promiscuous behavior. It's disgusting to lie. Homosexual acts (anal sex) transmit HIV MUCH easier than vaginal sex. Any rise in recent heterosexual HIV rates coincide with a rise in anal sex amongst them as this perverse act is being promoted to them now."

R36, you are a homophobe, a douchewaffle, or a chick. Probably all three. Poor idiot. Quote any statistics you like, R36, H.I.V. can be transmitted by straights as readily as gays. Singling out a prospective donor based on his sexual preference is never going to be the right idea.

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2017 5:28 AM

What kind of decent present can you get for $300 alone, much less FIVE of them.

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2017 6:02 AM

Sorry, r39, but it's true. I realize I triggered you, but emotional appeals won't change facts.

by Anonymousreply 41December 3, 2017 6:08 AM

I just donated an old backpack and a shovel to Goodwill.

by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2017 6:14 AM

OP: Money is money. A job is a job. A donation is a donation. Good luck. I've been thinking of donating my plasma too.

by Anonymousreply 43December 3, 2017 6:45 AM

Over here (Aus) you just donate, no monetary incentives. But you do get paid time off work and free snack food afterwards like cheese and crackers or sweet biscuits.

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2017 7:08 AM

Yeah you are a new donor. Once that's up you'll go to the regular rates always $20 the first time and then whatever amount depending on weight. I only get $60 for donating twice a week.

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2017 8:43 AM

I know a black girl named Plasma

by Anonymousreply 46December 3, 2017 9:48 AM

I used to do this in college every month to pay my bills. I also tried to sign up for as many paid medical studies as possible. There was one where you got paid 15K to have your pinky toe cut off and sewed back on. I was very upset I didn't get approved for that study but looking back I am very grateful.

by Anonymousreply 47December 3, 2017 10:13 AM

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 48December 3, 2017 10:28 AM

R4 & R36 Why are you even here?

by Anonymousreply 49December 3, 2017 10:34 AM

r45 so it's like some sort of drug addiction thing - they get you hooked on the money and then offer you less and less.

by Anonymousreply 50December 3, 2017 10:35 AM

[quote]so it's like some sort of drug addiction thing - they get you hooked on the money and then offer you less and less.

Yep r45 is correct. They explained to me after the first 5 donations the payments are reduced.

And the trying to hook you is completely true, they were outlining how they'll give you bonuses and rewards for donating as often as you can.

Though in theory I guess you could go just go to a different place in order to quality for the "new donor" thing if you wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2017 2:21 PM

I blocked R 36. Where are all of these homophobes coming from? There’s been a lot lately.

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2017 2:26 PM

Hey, wait a minute. Do they put this stuff in plasma televisions??

by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2017 12:56 AM

OP is buying Christmas Presents with Blood Money.

You should never have lied about the gay sex either. People could become seriously ill and die from your donation if you're infected and don't know what you might be sharing with someone.

Don't these places screen before donations, or are they foolish enough to take someone's answers as gospel truth? Just like OP, many people lie when there's money involved.

by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2017 1:50 AM

Of course they don't take anyone's word for it. They take samples from the donations which are then tested. If a sample/donation comes back positive for something, that person will be permanently blocked from donating. People who are HIV+ have been arrested and charged with felonies for donating plasma knowing that they were infected.

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2017 3:53 AM

How do I find out where I can do this?

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2017 4:48 AM

I'm surprised how many posters are defending the practice of gay men being banned from donating.

by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2017 3:56 PM

I donated plasma in a bottoms ass last night.

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2017 4:10 PM

I’ve been donating too for the past six weeks . I did it back around seven years ago and then it became no longer necessary but now finances are tight again so I started back up . I’m past the new donor stage now though and that sucks . I was going to just go until the holidays were over but now think I’ll do it another month or two and pay off some bills. Then I plan to quit or at least take a break for a few months . No matter what they say I doubt it’s very healthy .

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2017 6:05 PM

r40 $300 easily buys 5 decent gifts, you sound out of touch with the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2017 6:25 PM

ughh I wouldn't want a gift from someone if I knew it required going to such extremes.

by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2017 6:54 PM

OP you don't care? You are the lowest of the low. Fuckin' fags!

by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2017 8:46 PM

This thread has been unexpectedly great for attracting people that need to be blocked.

by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2017 9:10 PM

They DO test the blood you know. If the OP knows he isn't infected / has been tested, then it's probably not a big deal. If he isn't sure, then it becomes a bigger problem because the blood is pooled and tested in batches in the US (not each individual bag), and if one person's blood is contaminated, the entire batch has to be thrown out. I don't know if that's current policy but that's what it was last time I read anything on it.

by Anonymousreply 64December 4, 2017 9:12 PM

R58 so you bled into his asshole?

by Anonymousreply 65December 4, 2017 10:31 PM

If money is that tight, I’d skip buying presents.

I want to donate plasma but I’m afraid I’ll feel too faint or sick after.

by Anonymousreply 66December 4, 2017 10:34 PM

"I just donated plasma for money

Jealous bitches?"

This has made my top ten DL favs.

by Anonymousreply 67December 4, 2017 10:43 PM

[quote]I want to donate plasma but I’m afraid I’ll feel too faint or sick after.

I started feeling pretty lethargic afterwards. It helped when I ate.

by Anonymousreply 68December 4, 2017 11:01 PM

You need to have food in your stomach and liquid in your system when you donate blood/plasma. Don’t eat fast food; eat a good healthy meal.

Your body burns between 500 and 600 calories when you donate.

After you donate, consume high fat, high carb, high protein foods to help replenish what you lost.

by Anonymousreply 69December 6, 2017 7:29 PM

A common complaint from donating plasma is gaining weight though r69. Sure your body burns some calories, but it seems most a lot end up eating more calories than they are burning.

by Anonymousreply 70December 6, 2017 7:36 PM

R70, so I won't lose 5 pounds in a month in I donate every day?

by Anonymousreply 71December 6, 2017 7:40 PM

I don't know, but I was just bored and reading anecdotes I've seen this type of thing repeated a lot

[quote]Donating plasma is differant than donating blood. I did it off and on for several years. The only I noticed about it was that I always started to gain weight when I did it. I'm not sure if it was because I was so hungry afterwards and it threw off my eating schedule or what, but I always seemed to gain about 10-15 pounds. Chris always did too.

Seems it makes you very hungry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 6, 2017 7:43 PM

Will OP being doing his Xmas shopping at Five Below?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 6, 2017 7:55 PM

OP, what city are you in? Where did you go?

by Anonymousreply 74December 6, 2017 9:00 PM

Yes I am starving all the time since I started . Like I really can’t get enough to eat. I do a hour or more of cardio everyday which helps but I am worried about my out of control appetites. I’m trying real hard to control it.

by Anonymousreply 75December 7, 2017 5:31 PM

I started selling my plasma last week. I did it twice, Weds and Saturday. The first time was fine, but the second time my vein rolled and they had to use my other arm.

Four days later and my frickin arm where the vein rolled still hurts! I can barely lift my arm. I need the money but damn sucks!!

by Anonymousreply 76March 6, 2019 3:32 AM

From what I've read, there should be 10 days between donations and you should not give more than 20 times a year.

Also, you should not give for more than a total of 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 77March 6, 2019 3:37 AM

They don't pay for it in Canada

by Anonymousreply 78March 7, 2019 1:47 AM

A friend of mine worked as a donor tech at a plasma center and said it was the worst job she ever had.

She also reported eavesdropping on a conversation between two other employees who were discussing rejecting a donor because he sounded “gay”.

by Anonymousreply 79March 7, 2019 1:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!