Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

In apparent shift, Trump tweets he fired Flynn for lying to FBI

President Trump said Saturday he had to fire Michael Flynn as national security adviser because he lied to Vice President Pence and the FBI, an apparent shift from the reasons Trump stated at the time of Flynn's ouster. Trump's changing rationale is a discrepancy that will catch the attention of prosecutors on Mueller's team looking into whether the president tried to obstruct the investigation. "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies," Trump tweeted while traveling in New York City for fundraising events. Trump also stressed "there was nothing to hide!" "It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!" he added. The president's tweet is his most substantial reaction yet to Flynn's guilty plea in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation. Before leaving the White House on Saturday, Trump told reporters there was "no collusion" between his campaign and Moscow -- but did not elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Saturday at 2:48 AM

An act of desperation...

by Anonymousreply 112/02/2017

It's really wise of the Dotard to give Lock-her-up-Flynn more reasons to snitch.

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2017

he's a shit head

by Anonymousreply 312/02/2017

And as one of the talking heads just said, Mueller is going to take this Trump's tweet and ask him: "What exactly is Flynn's lie--and who authorized him to lie--and why do you think he lied?"

Trump doesn't know how to STFU. Trump's tweet will haunt him. Keep it up you criminal douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2017

The story has never changed. That is the original story, nothing has changed. Not a fan of trump, but I remember this happening very early in the administration.

by Anonymousreply 512/02/2017

Renato Mariotti‏Verified account @renato_mariotti

Has anyone told Trump he has the right to remain silent?

@realDonaldTrump

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

by Anonymousreply 612/02/2017

The "actions during the translation" is an interesting qualifier.

So does attempting to arrange the unwarranted extradition (or possibly the extraordinary rendition) of a US resident to Turkey, on whose behalf Flynn was acting as an unregistered foreign agent while serving in the White House, not count under Trump's tweet?

by Anonymousreply 712/02/2017

Trump believes EVERY word flying out of his stupid pie hole, so there is never a reason to remain silent!

He is POTUS after all, so if he is doing it, it must be legal! Say...where have I heard that before?

by Anonymousreply 812/02/2017

R5, the significant change is that trump is admitting that in addition to Pence, Flynn also lied to the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 912/02/2017

He just dug the hole another couple of feet deeper.

He really is a total dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 1012/02/2017

We all watch read the news, troll.

by Anonymousreply 1112/02/2017

No R5, the original story is that he was fired for lying to Pence which was exposed by the WaPo .

Now Trump basically admits he knew Flynn had committed a crime (lying to the FBI) but still asked Comey to let Flynn go. This confirms obstruction of justice

by Anonymousreply 1212/02/2017

Yes. Lying to Pence was no crime but lying to FBI is. So trying to end case again Flynn is obstruction of justice. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 1312/02/2017

I stuck Daddy's phone up my twat so he won't Twitter. I can't guarantee anything.

by Anonymousreply 1412/02/2017

LOCK THEM *ALL* UP!

by Anonymousreply 1512/02/2017

Susan Hennessey says this about Trump's tweet:

[quote]This is a pretty substantial confession to essential knowledge elements of an obstruction of justice charge.

by Anonymousreply 1612/02/2017

Laurence Tribe:

[quote]The time sequence as Trump now reports it CONFESSES that he KNEW Flynn had committed a major federal felony BEFORE firing Comey for refusing to let that criminal (Flynn) escape justice. That’s a confession of deliberate, corrupt obstruction of justice by @POTUS. QED!

by Anonymousreply 1712/02/2017

Can anyone be so dumb? Mind blowing that this man is the leader of the free world..... or probably not at this point. Damn, what a total nit wit.

by Anonymousreply 1812/02/2017

Even the lying to Pence was a coverup because apparently everyone else in Trump 's group knew he talked to the Russians

by Anonymousreply 1912/02/2017

The latest spin is Trump's lawyer drafted the tweet for him. Uh-huh.

As someone in this twitter thread says, it doesn't matter who. It was tweeted out on Twittler's twitter. It's official POTUS statement.

by Anonymousreply 2012/02/2017

The Art of the Tweet: Reality Warping for Fun and Profit.

by Anonymousreply 2112/02/2017

So now it looks like the lawyer is trying to cover for him by having it said Trump didn't tweet this out? Will that work??

by Anonymousreply 2212/02/2017

Only with someone Deplorably stupid

by Anonymousreply 2312/02/2017
by Anonymousreply 2412/02/2017

If that's the case, how will the deplorables know when it's really him tweeting?

How long before Barron gets the blame?

by Anonymousreply 2512/02/2017

Ha ha ha r24

by Anonymousreply 2612/02/2017
by Anonymousreply 2712/02/2017

Ian Millhiser‏Verified account @imillhiser

Just so we’re clear, a vetted statement drafted by counsel that admits to a crime is MUCH MORE INCRIMINATING than a tweet tossed off by a suspect with a well-known reputation for saying things that aren’t true.

by Anonymousreply 2812/02/2017

As we know, Trump changes his story multiple times as the situation changes or whenever he feels like it. But it's not lying lying... He's just being "proactive" and "smart". Guess we know where Jr. learned his bullshitting skills from.

by Anonymousreply 2912/02/2017

Ted Lieu‏Verified account @tedlieu

Trump's folks are so freaked out by @realDonaldTrump tweet that establishes Obstruction of Justice that they are trying to blame lawyer Dowd. If true, they should fire him for malpractice. But it doesn't absolve Trump. If lawyer drafts X & I say X, then I have adopted X as my own

by Anonymousreply 3012/02/2017

Wouldn't Trump need to give his lawyer permission to tweet from his account, though? And anyway, why would the lawyer tweet that if Trump hadn't told him that was why he fired Flynn?

by Anonymousreply 3112/02/2017

Everyone who has seen Twittler's tweets knows his style, and that tweet is his style unmistakably. People also say a lawyer would've said "pleaded" not "pled".

And as we're told time and again by Fuckabee Sanders, the POTUS tweets speak for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3212/02/2017

Trump has confirmed obstruction of justice at least three times now.

He is unbelievably stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3312/02/2017

[quote] As we know, Trump changes his story multiple times as the situation changes or whenever he feels like it.

*giggle* just think of it. He's so depraved and entangled by his own lies that he comes out with the truth, nothing more than a sequence of pertinent words for him. OOOPS!

He doesn't have dementia, he's just never been in a situation this challenging to his basic nature to lie.

by Anonymousreply 3412/02/2017

R34 At his age, dementia and pathological lying converge into the same black hole of insanity.

by Anonymousreply 3512/02/2017

Comey's instagram: Beautiful Long Island Sound from Westport, CT. To paraphrase the Buddha — Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun; the moon; and the truth. ‬

by Anonymousreply 3612/02/2017

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 3712/02/2017

R36 Poetic. But we live in dark time... Voldemort wants to destroy the sun, the moon and the truth.

by Anonymousreply 3812/02/2017

One thing you will never get out of Trump and his followers is the truth. They don't understand the concept or the relevance of it.

by Anonymousreply 3912/02/2017

Trump was 27 in 1973, when Watergate was all over the news. Doesn't he remember how Nixon sealed his own fate by recording himself breaking the law? If his instinct for self-preservation isn't enough to shut him up, you'd think that example might remind him to be careful.

by Anonymousreply 4012/02/2017

So Trump fired him because he lied to the FBI. And yet: "Michael Flynn, General Flynn is a wonderful man. I think he’s been treated very, very unfairly by the media -- as I call it, the fake media, in many cases. And I think it’s really a sad thing that he was treated so badly."

by Anonymousreply 4112/02/2017

"LOCK HIM UP! - TRAITOR!"

Has a nice rhythm to it.

Crowd chanting at Traitor in Chief in NY.

by Anonymousreply 4212/02/2017

R35 very well said.

by Anonymousreply 4312/02/2017

Comey can go fuck himself. I have no patience for his smug condescension. What a prick.

by Anonymousreply 4412/02/2017

I want this protest sign!

by Anonymousreply 4512/02/2017

Poetic justice that his big nasty mouth got him hired... and fired.

by Anonymousreply 4612/02/2017

R45 The toast should really be smeared with orange melted cheese.

by Anonymousreply 4712/02/2017

Why all the hate for Comey?

He's not the president.

by Anonymousreply 4812/02/2017

Trump said back in February that he didn't believe Flynn did anything wrong:

by Anonymousreply 4912/02/2017

Various legal authorities are pointing out today that these remarks also amount to an admission of obstruction of justice, because Trump is admitting here that:

a) he knew Flynn had lied to the FBI b) he knew this well before he fired Comey

by Anonymousreply 5012/02/2017

Trump's first words on Flynn are, of course, a complete lie: 1) No, you didn't fire Flynn for lying to the FBI. You stated your reasons for firing him on live TV, you idiot. You never mentioned the FBI. 2) No, he did not plead guilty to lying to Mike Pence, either.

by Anonymousreply 5112/02/2017

Folks, any fool can see the tweet, like all tweets, is not meant to be an encyclopedia of verbiage.

All the tweet is saying is:

"Flynn lied to me and [turned out to have lied about the same shit] to the Feds..."

Big nothing burger.

by Anonymousreply 5212/02/2017

R52 Big lying burger... fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 5312/02/2017

[quote], is not meant to be an encyclopedia of verbiage.

english much?

by Anonymousreply 5412/02/2017

[quote]Why all the hate for Comey?

Because he notified the Congress on Oct. 28, 2016 that the FBI was investigating additional emails in Clinton private server case.

Because he had no warrant to access those emails at the time he wrote the letter and he didn't know if those emails were worth anything.

Because the public assumed that if the FBI was investigating further there must be something amiss.

Because Trump relished the opportunity to bash Clinton with this less than two weeks before the election.

Because Clinton dropped in the polls right after Comey's announcement.

Because there is an unwritten DOJ guideline about not filing cases or commenting on investigations in the 60 days before an election.

Because Giuliani knew the letter would be released a day or two prior. Were there leaks within Comey's FBI?

Because Comey's letter of retraction on Nov. 6, 2016, when it was too late to fix the damage, basically said "Oh, never mind."

Because, when all is said and done, when confronted with the possibility of having affected the election results Comey said: "That makes me feel mildly nauseous."

Because he likes to portray himself as a flawless man of principle, law and dignity.

What a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 5512/02/2017

Nothingburgers must be a Russian invention. Russians can only afford to eat nothingburgers because Putin got all their money.

by Anonymousreply 5612/02/2017

If it indeed was Trump's lawyer who tweeted this apparent confession to Obstruction of Justice, based on what Trump allegedly told him, then it means that Trump's lawyer has waived attorney/client privilege by disclosing his conversations with his client, does it not? Although I am not stupid enough to believe for a moment that Trump's lawyer got a hold of his Twitter and inadvertently tweeted an admission of guilt -- Trump hires only the best people, you know.

by Anonymousreply 5712/02/2017

[quote]I stuck Daddy's phone up my twat so he won't Twitter.

Stupid bitch, that's the FIRST place he'll look.

by Anonymousreply 5812/02/2017

W&w for r56 & r58!

by Anonymousreply 5912/02/2017

But R52, he tweeted, "I had to fire General Flynn BECAUSE [emphasis mine] he lied to the Vice President and the FBI."

by Anonymousreply 6012/02/2017

How did Donald know he lied to the FBI when he fired him? And I thought Flynn resigned

by Anonymousreply 6112/02/2017

R61 Trump logic defies time and space and reality and truth and everything good in the world and the human soul.

by Anonymousreply 6212/02/2017

Ivanka, Huckabeast and Kelly in next season's OITNB

by Anonymousreply 6312/02/2017

R55 Don't forget when he announced in July 2016 that there was no reason to charge Clinton for anything he smeared her by saying, "Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information."

He had no right to make such judgmental statements about Clinton. He should have said they found nothing and left it at that. To make disparaging comments was unethical and against protocol. He was expressing personal bias that affected the thinking of segments of the electorate. I despise the man, but not as much as I hate Trump and the Republican Congress.

by Anonymousreply 6412/02/2017

Right R64, I forgot. Also, there was an ongoing investigation of Russia's involvement in the election, but Comey kept mum about it.

by Anonymousreply 6512/02/2017

And now on top of all that, he tweets cryptic self-righteous bullshit as if he's Dietrich Fucking Bonhoeffer.

by Anonymousreply 6612/02/2017

R60, that might be the case but because Trump was not cross-examined at the time he made his tweet, there are many ways to make this a nothingburger.

Regardless of that, the way I read the tweet is: I fired Flynn because he was a lying idiot. He lied to me and he proved himself to be a liar again by lying to the FBI.

Good luck improving otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 6712/02/2017

[quote]I fired Flynn because he was a lying idiot. He lied to me and he proved himself to be a liar again by lying to the FBI.

That's not how it reads to me at all. The way I see it he states TWO reasons for firing Flynn: lying to the VP and the FBI. Meaning at the time of firing he was aware of both.

by Anonymousreply 6812/02/2017

Except when Flynn resigned, Trump repeatedly said he had done nothing wrong and was being unfairly treated by the media.

Good luck re-writing history, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 6912/02/2017

Exactly

by Anonymousreply 7012/02/2017

R69, you need to reread r68.

by Anonymousreply 7112/02/2017

This photo never gets old:

by Anonymousreply 7212/02/2017

R71, my point is Trump has been caught lying. This tweet is not a nothingburger, despite the efforts of the Borises to make it one.

by Anonymousreply 7312/02/2017

Very cute r72.

by Anonymousreply 7412/02/2017

I think that's what r68 meant too, r73.

by Anonymousreply 7512/02/2017

Tomorrow's NY DAILY NEWS cover, and just when Traitor in Chief is in NY:

by Anonymousreply 7612/02/2017

R75, R69 was in response to R67.

by Anonymousreply 7712/02/2017

Oops

Nevermind

by Anonymousreply 7812/02/2017

R52, your whistling, and the graveyard, just stop. He's going down. Not for this tweet alone, of course, but this tweet is another add to the big pile of evidence that your ilk insist doesn't exist cause Mueller has not yet shared with the class (the day he does, I'm calling two days off work: the first to watch the indictments and the second to recover from my celebratory drinking and gunfire).

In and of itself, this tweet probably does nothing more but spare Mueller a few hours of investigative work. In fact, I'll bet the Special Counsel can take time for a Scotch and a wank tonight.

by Anonymousreply 7912/02/2017

R73, doesn't matter how often he lies. His twitter is official POTUS statements. He made a statement that he fired Flynn in part because he lied to the FBI. Now the media and especially Mueller will be very interested to learn when exactly and how exactly Trump found out Flynn had lied to the FBI.

In other words, what did the President know and when did he know it?

by Anonymousreply 8012/02/2017

[quote] what did the President know and when did he know it?

That's almost as much fun as LOCK HIM UP

by Anonymousreply 8112/02/2017

Trump's inspiration

by Anonymousreply 8212/02/2017

Trump is a man with no conscience... There is a void in his soul so he never feels any guilt for any bad deeds. If you have to lie and lie to get away with "winning", it's not winning.

by Anonymousreply 8312/02/2017

Don't be too hard R67. He's just trying to get an extra pickle and vodka for his family before the long Russian winter.

by Anonymousreply 8412/02/2017

[quote]Now the media and especially Mueller will be very interested to learn when exactly and how exactly Trump found out Flynn had lied to the FBI.

And if he knew that Flynn had lied, which he appears to be claiming, why did he tell Comey to go easy on him and halt the investigation?

by Anonymousreply 8512/02/2017

My understanding of Comey's Nov 6 announcement re moar emails is that the Guiliani-controlled NYC office of the FBI was ready to leak the info and Comey was trying to get ahead of the game.

The 'never admitting there was a Russian investigation' was part of the old school 'we never comment on an ongoing investigation ' rule which now seems so delightfully naive in the Trump era.

by Anonymousreply 8612/02/2017

[quote] My understanding of Comey's Nov 6 announcement re moar emails is that the Guiliani-controlled NYC office of the FBI was ready to leak the info and Comey was trying to get ahead of the game.

That was never Comey's official explanation.

Also see R64. Comey had a passive-aggressive tendency to go outside of the set rules.

by Anonymousreply 8712/02/2017

Something we should not forget — trump has never admitted to attempting to shut down the investigation of Flynn.

It’s his word versus Comey’s.

So his colossally idiotic tweet does not equal obstruction QED, as Tribe asserts.

by Anonymousreply 8812/02/2017

um, didn't he admit it in his interview with Lester Holt?

by Anonymousreply 8912/02/2017

he did

by Anonymousreply 9012/02/2017

Either

Trump's got the worst lawyers evah

Or

frightened criminals make mistakes

by Anonymousreply 9112/02/2017

I wonder if he sometimes looks at what he's gotten himself into and is just frightened as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 9212/02/2017

I'd be frightened shitless too. Mueller plays scary hardball, justifiably. In case not posted before,

"The least-noticed sentence in Michael Flynn’s plea agreement... may also be the most important one [which] specifies that... Flynn’s cooperation “may include … participating in covert law enforcement activities” [which] likely refers to the possibility of wearing a concealed wire or recording telephone conversations...

“If the other subjects of investigation have had any conversations with Flynn during the last few months, that phrase must have all of them shaking in their boots...

“The one who must be particularly terrified is Kushner, if he spoke to the special counsel’s office without immunity [or] talked to Flynn before or after the investigators debriefed him.

"Since there was no legal requirement for Mueller to include this information about covert law enforcement activities in the plea agreement... it was put there “to put the fear of God” into anyone who may have given the special counsel answers that conflict with Flynn’s information.

"The main clue in the plea agreement about the importance of the information Flynn has already provided lies in the discrepancy between the maximum penalty... and the maximum sentence the special counsel has promised to recommend.

"Flynn could have been sentenced to as much as five years in prison and a $250,000 fine [but] the document says the “estimated sentencing guidelines” range from zero to six months, with a possible fine of between $500 and $9,500.

“No prosecutor I know would agree to reducing a sentence that dramatically unless the witness had provided very significant information about at least one other target of his investigation. .

"Experts said it was notable Flynn pleaded guilty to a criminal information instead of being indicted by a grand jury. By avoiding the use of a grand jury, Mueller had the flexibility to reach an agreement with Flynn at any time. He also increased the chances that his negotiations would remain secret until he chose to make them public."

by Anonymousreply 9312/03/2017

shitty fucking liars

by Anonymousreply 9412/03/2017

How could they all have been at Mar-a-Lago and Trump not be privy to Flynn making calls to Russia on behalf of the United States? Do they all revolve in separate, sound-proof orbits?:

"A Dec. 29 pool report indicates that current administration officials Stephen Miller, Kellyanne Conway, and K.T. McFarland, as well as former White House aides Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus, were all with Trump at Mar-a-Lago on the day Flynn made the call.

The filings show that multiple members of Trump's transition team knew that Flynn discussed sanctions with Kislyak after the phone conversation occurred.

Prosecutors also say that a senior member of the transition team on Dec. 22 directed Flynn to contact officials from Russia and other governments about their stance on the U.N. resolution "and to influence those governments to delay the vote or defeat the resolution."

Multiple reports have identified current White House official Jared Kushner, who is Trump's son-in-law, as that official. The special counsel's office declined to comment.

The revelations have opened up speculation about the identity of the officials who knew about and directed Flynn's Russia contacts."

by Anonymousreply 9512/03/2017

Whatever ... Comey has grown on me.

by Anonymousreply 9612/03/2017

"If it indeed was Trump's lawyer who tweeted this apparent confession to Obstruction of Justice..."

If it can be determined that both Trump and his Lawyer are lying about this tweet- what kind of trouble are they in?

by Anonymousreply 9712/03/2017

Trumps history of lying has so far gotten away by being bombast or paying off. He's never faced a force of reckoning like this.

There's no one to pay off.

And the crime is one of principle, like treason or collusion, that hes never had to face in his grifter's world of real estate, gambling, or entertainment.

The problem is, the abstract principles are closing the circle on past money deals.

by Anonymousreply 9812/03/2017

r96, What?

by Anonymousreply 9912/03/2017

R99 see up-thread discussion of Comey

by Anonymousreply 10012/03/2017

I love the fact that Orange Turd tweets out something abysmally stupid in terms of legal jeopardy during an ongoing investigation, and the post-spin is that his attorney composed it. Yeah, RIIIGHT. Shit's getting real.

by Anonymousreply 10112/03/2017

This presidency is such a shit show.

by Anonymousreply 10212/03/2017

[quote] All the tweet is saying is: "Flynn lied to me and [turned out to have lied about the same shit] to the Feds...". Big nothing burger.

Sadly I think this is right. They aren't going to base anything on a tweet. But they hopefully have more.

by Anonymousreply 10312/03/2017

How so, R96? His notes about what Trump told him the last time they met may not be enough of a proof of obstruction of justice. Comey may have very well helped Trump twice.

by Anonymousreply 10412/03/2017

No r103, stop trying to make the lie in that trumpkin’s reply happen. A tweet is a public statement. Trump did not say what that trumpkin claims he said. Trump tweeted that HE FIRED Flynn because he lied to Pence and to the Feds. I FIRED HIM BECAUSE HE LIED TO THE FEDS.

by Anonymousreply 10512/03/2017

This is why I stopped hanging around people who voted for Trump. If they were too stupid to see what an unqualified, dangerous, morally bankrupt, mentally ill moron this man always was then we have nothing in common!

by Anonymousreply 10612/03/2017

It absolutely disgusts me that Comey is trying to come off like some hero and that anyone is buying it.

by Anonymousreply 10712/03/2017

One of this morning's Cheeto tweets is that he never asked Comey to stop investigating Flynn!

by Anonymousreply 10812/03/2017

It appears the noose is tightening around Trump, but does anyone seriously believe that when push comes to shove, Trump will make a graceful exit?

If you do, then apparently you haven't been paying attention to Trump for the last 35-40 years.

There will be blood.

by Anonymousreply 10912/03/2017

R55 You are right. Comey smears Clinton while keeping that very damaging info about Trump quiet. Creep. Trump has done so many disgusting things it's impossible to remember them all though. Some day there will be volumes filled with his lies and atrocities.

by Anonymousreply 11012/03/2017

If that tweet was a legal response, then it might be admission. If it was not meant as a legal response - just a public relations maneuver - I don't think public relations necessarily counts as legal advice for the purpose of confidentiality. If that lawyer has dual roles in his advice to trump - providing both legal advice and business (public relations) advice, that might open up an attack on lawyer/client confidentiality regarding non-legal advice.

by Anonymousreply 11112/03/2017

[quote] A tweet is a public statement. Trump did not say what that trumpkin claims he said. Trump tweeted that HE FIRED Flynn because he lied to Pence and to the Feds. I FIRED HIM BECAUSE HE LIED TO THE FEDS.

R105, plenty of statements are public and have little value in terms of truth. People speak inaccurately and carelessly all the time, they exaggerate, they use terms inartfully. They tweet similarly to an even greater degree.

Any cross examination regarding this tweet would elicit a fuller explanation of its alleged real meaning. No prosecutor would hang his/her case on a tweet like this. You cannot imagine how many times I have had to have a client explain what they meant by incomplete, casual, shorthand or just plain stupid remarks. Few of us speak precisely. Juries understand that. It's not a slam dunk as you want to believe. I feel you but Mueller is dealing with reality, not our wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 11212/03/2017

Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing.

by Anonymousreply 11312/03/2017

R55, When it’s laid out like that point by point it’s enraging. A few things in your post I didn’t even know.

by Anonymousreply 11412/03/2017

R55 Very informative (and infuriating). Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 11512/03/2017

indeed, R55, totally correct.

by Anonymousreply 11612/03/2017

R98 damned brilliant sum up in few words.

by Anonymousreply 11712/03/2017

Trump has reached his wax-melting-on-his-wings moment.

by Anonymousreply 11812/03/2017

The problem with trying Trump is that there’s probably at least one person on the jury who he can con. He’s good at that.

by Anonymousreply 11912/03/2017

Jim Sciutto, CNN Chief National Security Correspondent

[quote]Comey testified before Senate Intel Cmte in June that Trump told him: “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

by Anonymousreply 12012/03/2017

If you tell the truth Mr. Trump, you don't have to have a good memory.

by Anonymousreply 12112/03/2017

Trump is a MORON.

A MORON who doesn't have the good sense to know IF and WHEN to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 12212/03/2017

Can you imagine him testifying under oath?? He'd contradict not only things he's said and written in the past, but things he said five seconds earlier in his own sworn testimony. Perjury in five seconds flat.

by Anonymousreply 12312/03/2017

I can’t recall.

by Anonymousreply 12412/03/2017

I left my reading glasses at home, I can’t read this. Such small print!

by Anonymousreply 12512/03/2017

R112, his public words can absolutely form the basis of questioning under oath. And there's no getting around he's either lying now when he says he fired Flynn in part for lying to the FBI or he was lying then when he insisted Flynn didn't do anything wrong. And you can bet Mueller has a lot more than just what BS comes flying out of his mouth (or Twitter) on any given day. So Trump would not be able to explain himself in any coherent fashion. He'll just lie again.

Aside from that, I for one refuse to play along with this game of just accepting that we have to lower our expectations for the orange idiot. Presidents are not supposed to shit out of their mouths whatever they're feeling on any given day, if for no other reason than their words have far-reaching consequences. Not to mention Trump's whole deal was he supposedly tells it like it is. So yeah, the fact that his words are incomplete, casual, shorthand or just plain stupid are not acceptable. Trump cannot be trusted to give a coherent explanation of anything--that's a big fucking problem for someone who is supposed to be explaining and justifying his policies and actions to us on a regular basis.

Obama was EXCORIATED for "you can keep your doctor"--the most obvious example of someone speaking in shorthand if there ever was one. So no, Trump doesn't get to spew something that looks like obstruction of justice and then fall back on oops, I didn't mean it that way.

by Anonymousreply 12612/03/2017

So, I think I’ve heard that someone else drafted the remarks that were tweeted. Trump might not have even seen it. Is that their excuse?

by Anonymousreply 12712/03/2017

If Kushner tells Mueller the truth, Trump will say Jared is lying.

by Anonymousreply 12812/03/2017

R127 Yeah, if you believe that you might also believe God talks to Trump. Then we can have the white racist theocracy the deplorables lust for.

by Anonymousreply 12912/03/2017

No lawyer is going to draft a tweet or any sort of public release that seemingly implicates their client in a crime, which is exactly what Trump's tweet about firing Flynn for lying to the FBI does. Any decent lawyer would rather have their client say nothing rather than open their mouth and say something stupid that will get them in even more trouble. Now granted, Trump doesn't have the best lawyers, but even they should be able to see that. In fact, anybody around Trump can see how much he stepped in it with that tweet, which is why they are offering up this pathetic story that John Dowd drafted it (and what, tweeted it without Trump's knowledge? So now his lawyers have access to his account so they can tweet in his name? Yeah right). If they thought this was perfectly okay, they would not be scrambling like they are. They are just desperate at this point.

by Anonymousreply 13012/03/2017

R130 They are digging deeper hole for everyone. It's a comedy of lies, especially when so many people are lying and contradicting each other.

by Anonymousreply 13112/03/2017

[quote]The problem with trying Trump is that there’s probably at least one person on the jury who he can con. He’s good at that.

How? How is he good at that? He can barely form a cohesive thought. I think that his presidency has revealed that there are more fucking idiots than we ever realized populating our country. So I’m saying he isn’t good at anything except being relatable to drooling idiots.

by Anonymousreply 13212/03/2017

Tuesday, the court will decide if Summer Zervos' suit will be thrown out. If not, Tweety may have to testify.

by Anonymousreply 13312/03/2017

Shades of Paula Jones vs. Wm Jefferson Clinton!

by Anonymousreply 13412/04/2017

R130 What time was that tweet that Dowd supposedly sent out from Trumps account?

by Anonymousreply 13512/04/2017

Keep talking, Donny, keep talking.

by Anonymousreply 13612/04/2017

And yet, he continues to undo every good thing left. Determined to reverse all of Obama’s decrees. I’m so fed up. Today, he will announce that much of Utah’s national monuments will be redesignated as to mine all the minerals and what not. The Utah Repugs will be thrilled and praise the lord for it. It really is disgusting. Hurry up Mueler.

by Anonymousreply 13712/04/2017

Yep, R137, Trump's gift to the despicable Orrin Hatch, who stated last week that trump is the best president he's ever had. Way to butter up a fool to further your despicable ends.

by Anonymousreply 13812/04/2017

Can someone named Orrin Hatch be not despicable?

by Anonymousreply 13912/04/2017

All trump has to do is come up with the most outrageous lies and his deplorables will believe that over any evidence to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 14012/04/2017

He's digging his own hole, he so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 14112/04/2017

R141 But so many will jump into that hole to fill it up in order to save Dear Leader. There's still many pieces to take down before the final checkmate.

by Anonymousreply 14212/04/2017

It's so pathetic that Trump's lawyer is taking credit for writing that tweet.

First, does that mean Trump doesn't write his own tweets?

Second, will his swarmy lawyer say and do anything to protect Trump from prosecution?

by Anonymousreply 14312/04/2017

R123 on the recent Preet Bharara Podcast, Preet and his guest, another high powered lawyer, made the observation that, while Trump lies repeatedly and bombastically in public, he doesn't when testifying under oath.

Trump knows the difference and his audience.

by Anonymousreply 14412/04/2017

R143 They don't do logic, just cover up one lie with another. I am surprised they haven't found an "Oliver North" to take the blame and go to jail for them.

by Anonymousreply 14512/04/2017

R144 I don't know why we froth st the mouth. That's what he wants us to do. This comes natural to him. It was recognized during the campaign by Bannon I think it was. They are still guiding him.

by Anonymousreply 14612/04/2017

So now Trump's lawyers are saying it's the president's right to obstruct justice. Oh, my word.

by Anonymousreply 14712/04/2017

R147 I would like to see them argue that in court.

by Anonymousreply 14812/04/2017

What if courts go kangaroo and agree?

by Anonymousreply 14912/04/2017

R149 Then the US has an Emperor's new clothes crisis.

by Anonymousreply 15012/04/2017

Nixon already tried that strategy.

by Anonymousreply 15112/04/2017

R151 What makes us think it won't work this time in Roberts court post Thomas and Scalia?

by Anonymousreply 15212/04/2017

If the courts fail, then the press will rise up. If the press fail, then the people will rise up. If the people fail, then this country is done. It's Civil War 2.0 time.

by Anonymousreply 15312/04/2017

R153 Oh yeah? I mean, oh yes the press and people will rise. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 15412/04/2017

R154 Boris, Putin needs a sponge bath.

by Anonymousreply 15512/04/2017

You really aren't that bright, are you R155

by Anonymousreply 15612/04/2017

R156 Brigher than you, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 15712/04/2017

Sit down R157. Let me spell it out for you.

The conservatives have stacked the legislature and the courts. The press is infotainment and taken over by social media. The republicans can get away with anything because there is no opposition.

by Anonymousreply 15812/04/2017

[quote]Then the US has an Emperor's new clothes crisis.

I'm afraid we've had one since Jan. 20.

by Anonymousreply 15912/04/2017

R159 But people were still going give him a chance. Now you no longer hear that except from the most befuddled (ahem Carter). The media has essentially given up on him, and the majority of the people have too. His enablers, the deplorables and the Russian trolls are circling the wagons. Everyone else is just waiting for the catalyst to bring this shitshow down.

by Anonymousreply 16012/04/2017

R160, on MSNBC, one commentator after another are no calling him a liar, fraud, con man, and so forth. John Heilemann last week used the strongest words possible. Michael Steele, a Republican, did so as well. I think they should have started much earlier, but at least they are saying it now.

by Anonymousreply 16112/04/2017

not enough o get the corrupt GOP lead congress to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 16212/04/2017

if you all haven't been reading Seth Abramson's Tweets, you should. He gives great point by point explanations of all events concerning the Russia probe, states what they mean, why they are important, and then does the same with DT and Co.'s statements and actions. Great way to get informed and catch up if you haven't been following along.

by Anonymousreply 16312/04/2017

he's smarter than most here

by Anonymousreply 16412/05/2017

45 is really the worst human being. And keeps getting more disgusting. Today, he tells Moore to ‘go get ‘em’. I mean is this what’s the normal now. Endorsing a molester is unbelievable for anyone, but for a president, I shudder to use that word, it’s despicable. I’m so fed up. Nothing is going tp change. And, I now firmly believe he’ll get 4 more years. Plus, the Supreme Court is now and forever on his side. Very disheartening.

by Anonymousreply 16512/05/2017

I just read a story on Twitter that said after the Access Hollywood tapes came out, Pence went to the RNC behind Trump's back and said he would take his place.

Little back stabber! I hope Trump reads that and rolls over on him. We need someone else in Pence's seat.

Here's a long and horrifying in depth story about Pence's delusions of grandeur. Here's the pertinent part, after the Access Hollywood tape broke and the RNC thought they were doomed:

Already, Reince Priebus’s office was being flooded with panicked calls from GOP officials and donors urging the RNC chairman to get rid of Trump by whatever means necessary. One Republican senator called on the party to engage emergency protocols to nominate a new candidate. RNC lawyers huddled to explore an obscure legal mechanism by which they might force Trump off the ticket. Meanwhile, a small group of billionaires was trying to put together money for a “buyout”—even going so far as to ask a Trump associate how much money the candidate would require to walk away from the race. According to someone with knowledge of the talks, they were given an answer of $800 million. (It’s unclear whether Trump was aware of this discussion or whether the offer was actually made.) Republican donors and party leaders began buzzing about making Pence the nominee and drafting Condoleezza Rice as his running mate.

Amid the chaos, Trump convened a meeting of his top advisers in his Manhattan penthouse. He went around the room and asked each person for his damage assessment. Priebus bluntly told Trump he could either drop out immediately or lose in a historic landslide. According to someone who was present, Priebus added that Pence and Rice were “ready to step in.” (An aide to the vice president denied that Pence sent Trump a letter and that he ever talked with the RNC about becoming the nominee. Priebus did not respond to requests for comment.)

The furtive plotting, several sources told me, was not just an act of political opportunism for Pence. He was genuinely shocked by the Access Hollywood tape. In the short time they’d known each other, Trump had made an effort to convince Pence that—beneath all the made-for-TV bluster and bravado—he was a good-hearted man with faith in God. On the night of the vice-presidential debate, for example, Trump had left a voicemail letting Pence know that he’d just said a prayer for him. The couple was appalled by the video, however. Karen in particular was “disgusted,” says a former campaign aide. “She finds him reprehensible—just totally vile.”

Yet Pence might also have thought he glimpsed something divine in that moment of political upheaval—a parting of the seas, God’s hand reaching down to make his will known. Marc Short told me that in moments of need, Pence turns to a favorite passage in Jeremiah: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Short said, “Mike believes strongly in the sovereignty of God, and knowing that the Lord has a plan for him.”

Whatever God had planned for Mike Pence, however, it was not to make him the from party leaders. “They thought they were going to be able to get him to drop out before the second debate,” said a former campaign aide. “Little did they know, he has no shame.” Indeed, two days after the tape was released, Trump showed up in St. Louis for the debate with a group of Bill Clinton accusers in tow, ranting about how Hillary’s husband had done things to women that were far worse than his own “locker-room talk.” The whole thing was a circus—and it worked. By the time Trump left St. Louis, he had, in pundit-speak, “stopped the bleeding,” and by the next day, Pence was back on the stump. The campaign stabilized. The race tightened. And on the night of November 8, 2016, Pence found himself standing on a ballroom stage in Midtown Manhattan—silently, obediently, servant-leaderly—while Trump delivered the unlikeliest of victory speeches.

by Anonymousreply 16612/05/2017

Rumored that Trump would replace Pence with Rubio.

by Anonymousreply 16712/05/2017

R167 Replace a shit with a turd... brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 16812/05/2017

Just take him down already.

by Anonymousreply 16912/05/2017

The Big Turd and Lil' Marco Show?

by Anonymousreply 17012/05/2017

All should hang

by Anonymousreply 17112/06/2017

I am betting Trump resigns mid-January for medical reasons.

by Anonymousreply 172Last Friday at 1:14 PM

He needs to choke on a big mac

by Anonymousreply 173Last Saturday at 2:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!