Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"You made us into a suburban cliche!"

"Goodbye, my friend."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 600Last Tuesday at 10:27 AM

Maureen Bauer was such a boring character.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 111/30/2017

I agree. She had served her purpose; there was only so much you could do with her character. Since she was the "moral" center of the show you couldn't rework her character as a typical soap opera whore (I don't mean to be nasty but let's face it most soap opera females under a certain age slept around). I guess the writers felt she'd gone on long enough.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 211/30/2017

Did that actress die or something?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 311/30/2017

Who inherited Bert’s leg when she croaked? Did they hang it up in the Bauer living room?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 411/30/2017

No, r3. She was fired by JFPee to pay for Justin Deas.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 511/30/2017

[quote] Who inherited Bert’s leg when she croaked? Did they hang it up in the Bauer living room?

Dionne Warwick did when they used a song from the same album as "That's What Friends Are For" for her death montage.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 611/30/2017

R3 The actress didn’t die but her career sure did.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 712/01/2017

An Ellen Parker thread and an Anna Levine thread in the span of a week! Plus the ubiquitous M and G threads. Somebody start a Jill Eickenberry thread!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 812/01/2017

I believe it was a "suburban joke", OP.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 912/01/2017

I was given the line by the person who asked me to start the thread, R9. That may explain my difficulty in googling it.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1012/01/2017

Thank you, OP!

This is a Guiding Light thread, and that's what Maureen said to Lillian after Lillian slept with her husband.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1112/01/2017

JFP and her focus groups were spot-on! Maureen was so boring. Even the OP's montage put me to sleep. Why did they get rid of daddy bear Mart Hulswit and replace him with one of the most uncharismatic beta male actors ever, Peter Simon? They should've cut their losses and just kill of the entire Bauer family. No one would've missed them.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1212/01/2017

R12 = Mary-Alice Dwyer Dobbin, partner in crime

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1312/01/2017

[quote] Christ, one of the producers from the '80s, Joe Willmore, tried to fire Parker too. He wanted Ellen Dolan back and met with her secretly to secure a deal. Parker got wind of it, and did something to put a stop to it. Parker didn't exactly light up the screen. If they wanted to keep the Bauers front and center they should've hired more dynamic actors to play Maureen and Ed. As for Peter Simon, he telegraphed dull and boring. They should've hired someone with leading man looks, or at least someone reasonably attractive, to play Ed after Hulswit was axed. Someone like John McCook or James Storm or Frank Converse. Richard Van Vleet was an underrated Ed. He had great looks. And would it have killed them to hire an actual charismatic actress to play Maureen? Someone like Jamie Lynn Bauer or Deidre Hall would've filled the bill.

Let me tighten my weave for a moment....there.

FIRST of all. It was some exec at CBS who thought Dolan should come back, not Willmore. Parker was loved on set, Peter Simon liked her, but the writers lost the plot with Mo after the whole Beirut/Michelle story, and only rarely gave her a story with bite. She was great when she was given meaty story, as she was when Holly and Roger returned to town. Sadly, Parker survived the CBS exec but not JFP.

Mart Hulswit couldn't act worth a damn. Richard Van Vleet was a decent enough Ed, but Peter Simon really played Ed as the flawed addict that he was.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1412/01/2017

[quote]Mary-Alice Dwyer Dobbin

Mickey Against Daytime Drama

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1512/01/2017

DAMN! When I Googled it it came up suburban cliche, which is what I asked some very lovely person in the AW thread to post.

But after checking youtube it is RIDICULOUS SUBURBAN JOKE!

In any case, watch. Maureen reads Lillian for filth!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1612/01/2017

[quote]And would it have killed them to hire an actual charismatic actress to play Maureen? Someone like Jamie Lynn Bauer or Deidre Hall would've filled the bill.

Oh, dear god in heaven. Ellen Parker is a zillion times better than either of those.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1712/01/2017

^I posted that on the AW thread. She might have more extensive training, but she could never light up a screen like Jamie Lynn Bauer or Dee Hall. I was thinking that Nancy Frangione might've been a suitable Maureen. She had screen presence, and she could play warm and fuzzy (as evidenced by her performance on AMC as Tara), and of course bitchy like Cecile.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1812/01/2017

The one scene even more heartbreaking.

"You have broken my heart."

The show suffered till its end from the loss of this character, this kind of character, but there were excellent performances for the next few weeks and months after, to be sure.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 1912/01/2017

Jamie Lynn Bauer sucks moose cock for Jesus. And "Dee" Hall IS Marlena.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2012/01/2017

R16 (or anyone), how did Maureen come into possession of Lillian's letter to Ed?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2112/01/2017

Prepare to start yawning at around 9:50.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2212/01/2017

Thanks, R22.

The line goes: "You have reduced us to a ridiculous suburban joke, and I will never forgive you for this." Clearly Ellen Parker deserved to win.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2312/01/2017

The ROAR from the audience when her scene played. The one time I watched the Emmys and KNEW someone would win.

And what a graceful speech.

if there was ever a character whose return to life I would have accepted with little/no/any explanation, it would have been Maureen.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2412/01/2017

Anyone who thinks Maurer Bauer was boring and needed to go doesn't understand soap operas.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2512/01/2017

It was so sad watching. My best friend, with whom I'd watched GL and AW for years, died the previous year. Sometimes I wish I could go back to early 1992.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2612/01/2017

@ 4:50 "Stop it, Lillian. We are not entitled to tears."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2712/01/2017

If a more dynamic actress, or even one with evidence of a pulse, had been playing Maureen, say, Katherine Kelly Lang or Cat Hickland, I'd have understood the outrage at her being axed. But Parker was coma-inducing and had to go. It was a smart decision on JFP's part.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2812/01/2017

[quote]Katherine Kelly Lang

Oh, fucking PLEASE. Next you'll be humping for Sheila.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 2912/01/2017

R28 You're just trolling now. Nice try.

Next you'll suggest Brenda Dickson.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3012/01/2017

[quote] Jamie Lynn Bauer sucks moose cock for Jesus.

But she said she loved me!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3112/01/2017

They killed me off too and nobody cared.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3212/01/2017

Brenda Dickson and Kim Zimmer in the same scene would be soap nirvana.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3312/01/2017

After Mo's death, they should have brought back Rita.

And Rita should have been Olivia's mom.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3412/01/2017

Who else hurled chunks during the last episode when Lillian have the audacity to 'forgive herself' for Maureen's death at the burial site of all places? GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3512/01/2017

OP, you have TOTALLY misquoted the line and I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS!!!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3612/01/2017

Would y'all have accepted Judith Light as NuNuMo?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3712/01/2017

[quote] Brenda Dickson and Kim Zimmer in the same scene would be soap nirvana.

If they put Kim Zimmer on Y&R she would be doing a scene with Traci where they fight over how much gravy constitutes a "serving size."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3812/01/2017

Smashing Bert's china was such a delicious metaphor. It meant the end of the Bauers as the show's core family. They were smashed into pieces, never to be repaired and with that, the show was doomed.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 3912/01/2017

Welcome, Traci Is Fat troll.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4012/01/2017

[quote] Would y'all have accepted Judith Light as NuNuMo?

After eight years of that terrible Tony Danza sitcom (which at least got Danny Pintauro off of ATWT which thrived and bloomed without him) and her complicity in that Jeffrey Tambor thing on Amazon, I'd rather have Judith Jetson in the role.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4112/01/2017

Ed was really a huge dick a lot of the time if you think about it.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4212/01/2017

Be that as it may, R42, did he have a huge dick?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4312/01/2017

Remember when Michelle began having her period and she found a letter for Maureen telling her she had become a woman and then Goodbye My Friend played in the background. I cried for hours. Such a little queen.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4412/01/2017

R43, ask that whore, Lillian!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4512/01/2017

MARY r44.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4612/01/2017

R36 It is MY fault.

I asked OP to start a thread and gave them the wrong quote. It's my fault!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4712/01/2017

R39 did you do that? It's FAB!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4812/01/2017

[quote] MARY [R44].

At least they got me to play Aunt Meta after Brian Frons killed my show twice. Pity they couldn't spell my name right in my obituary.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 4912/01/2017

R35 "You'll love Buzz!"

NO SHE WON'T BITCH! IT WAS HIM COMING ON THE SHOW THAT KILLED HER!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5012/01/2017

Eve Guthrie was never missed.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5112/01/2017

Mary Stuart is an interesting figure to me.

Some soap folks think she's amazing, but I also heard she was the cuntiest cunt who ever cunted, and that she made Connie Ford look like a shy, demure ingenue in comparison.

Always liked her onscreen, though. They should have brought her on about 5 years earlier.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5212/01/2017

Fifty comments in and this thread is already one of the best GL threads ever at the DL.

Not that I, too, can't appreciate 200 comments about Phillip Spaulding's dong, but a little variety is good, my dears.

I remain, as always....

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5312/01/2017

Did that bitch Lillian seriously wear a white dress to Vanessa's wedding BEFORE Buzz proposed to her? She deserves to die in a grease fire.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5412/01/2017

Lillian was always a bit cuckoo. A bit blonde.

She didn't know her daughter was getting her cooch grabbed by her stepdad, and it was happening in front of her eyes.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5512/01/2017

I'll go as far as to say that Maureen was an albatross around the show's neck, a throwback to the dishwater-dull heroine/matriarchs from the '50s and '60s that only served to keep the show anachronistic and prevent it from competing with the more vital and exciting ABC and Bell shows. JFP wisely understood that, and intuitively knew that an eccentric, nonstandard soap character like Buzz was much more needed on the canvass to ensure the show's future and to make it more competitive than some obsolete boring old spinsterish heroine/matriarch.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5612/01/2017

I loved Search so when they announced Mary Stuart (the second time) I was elated. But as much as I loved she performed exactly the same role Ellen Parker's Maureen did.

And to the show's shame, in anticipation of killing Maurer off they made Maureen into exactly the tent pole character she should always have been. She was the glue that held the entire show together and was interestingly connected to every single character.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5712/01/2017

Anyone who thinks GL needed Buzz Cooper is high.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5812/01/2017

What is Beth Ehlers up to these days?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 5912/01/2017

Why should Maureen have been the tentpole character? She was connected to two families that were pretty much irrelevant at that point, the Bauers and especially the Reardons. The Lewises, Spauldings and the Coopers formed the core. If anyone was a tentpole character that was connected to everyone it was Reva, and shame on JFP for not letting Zimmer back on the show.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6012/01/2017

It is not just relatives... and Reva was not a character to give advice and comfort.

Maureen had very specific relationships with Ed, Bridget, and Michelle, of course. But also Alan-Michael, Eleni, Vanessa, Roger, Holly, Blake, Fletcher, Ross, et al. She was the voice of reason. She was the sympathetic ear. She was the mother figure to the motherless.

Reva could never be anything like that.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6112/01/2017

Right on, R61.

Ellen Parker and HW Nancy Curlee turned Maureen into Springfield’s moral center but the character was so much more than a saccharine goody two-shoes.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6212/01/2017

ugh Nancy Curlee. I don't think she ever really "got" GL. Pam Long was the show's signature writer. Howeve, the Dobsons were great. So was Marland. I'm in the minority here, but I also really, really liked Megan McTavish's and Ellen Weston's stuff. Curlee was meh for me.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6312/01/2017

I never bought Lillian betraying her best friend like that much less sending Ed that incriminating note that could be found.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6412/01/2017

Curlee/Demorest=GL's version of Black/Stern

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6512/01/2017

R65 - No. Sit down. You're not a well woman.

Curlee was a phenomenal writer. Pam Long was, too, but Long's weakness was an inability to write for all the characters. The Curlee era was the first (and I'd argue the last) time in many years that the whole town of characters was used.

Is the anti Ellen Parker cunt the same cunt who loathes Beverlee McKinsey? Sounds the same to me.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6612/01/2017

r66, are you that cunt poster from SON with that stupid Nancy Curlee quote in your signature about the Bauer porch light being a beacon for people seeking refuge from their enemies, or some stupid shit like that?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6712/01/2017

[quote]I never bought Lillian betraying her best friend like that much less sending Ed that incriminating note that could be found.

Thank you, Jill.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6812/01/2017

Goodbye, my lethally dull, coma-inducing friend.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 6912/01/2017

r56, yes, because your logic worked out SO WELL for the show didn't it? GL was doing well in the ratings in the early 90s, once Mo was killed they dropped and never regained, not even during the great Cynthia Watros era.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7012/01/2017

You think the ratings dropped because Ellen Parker was fired? LMAO. They were no great shakes in the early '90s either. Sure, they got progressively lower as the decade wore on, but you seriously can't be making a causal argument? I mean, that's precious if you are, hon. Totally precious.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7112/01/2017

That's not the only reason. There's also the O.J. trial and the fact that a lot of their core audience, my grandmother included, just plain got old and died.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7212/01/2017

Well one thing's for sure r71, Justin fucking Deas didn't do anything for the ratings. Fuck him and that fat sow who hired him.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7312/01/2017

Bringing back Reva was one thing, but giving her a clone? To this day, I ask "what the FUCK?"

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7412/01/2017

Nice way to intentionally totally misinterpret the point. No one said the one and only reason the ratings declined was because the show fired Ellen Parker.

The argument was that without the character of Maureen, the show was left without the motherly, comforting talk-to that classic shows have always relied on to provide familiarity and a moral compass. Also, as said above, the show recognized the problem when it brought in Meta to perform that exact same function.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7512/01/2017

r75, didn't Vanessa become the motherly talk-to figure after Mo or does her fucking young men cancel her out?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7612/01/2017

R67 No I'm not, you fat whore, but I love her already.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7712/01/2017

No, Vanessa was a rich, ice princess. They brought in Meta and later Nola to fill the earth mother role.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7812/01/2017

I thought Buzz filled the mother earth role.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 7912/01/2017

Annie Dutton could have become the new Mother Earth figure if they hadn't turned her psycho! She was a hell of lot better a mother to Marah and Shayne than the Slut of Springfield!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8012/01/2017

I think Abby Bauer was being positioned to take on that role.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8112/01/2017

I loved Reva and all her storylines, so did a lot of viewers. She was the face of GL. I much rather have watched her meander through the Amish country than watched Maureen dole out advice to Bridget over a cup of coffee at the Bauer kitchen table. Yawnz!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8212/01/2017

Imagine Cynthia Watros and Beverlee McKinsey playing this scene. OMG!!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8312/01/2017

It's not an either/or, r82.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8412/01/2017

The amount of commercials per hour increased in the 1990s. By the time the show went off the air, whole episodes weren't even 40 minutes long! That took time away from storytelling.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8512/01/2017

Otalia was a great story for the show.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8612/01/2017

Did anyone else besides me love the Dreaming Death storyline?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8712/01/2017

If Fletcher was sterile, how did he conceive Meg with Holly?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8812/01/2017

He was punched by Rum Tum Tugger in prison.

No, that was Craig on ATWT.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 8912/01/2017

Buzz Cooper made me stop watching.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9012/01/2017

Buzz Cooper made me horny.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9112/01/2017

That's your problem, R91.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9212/01/2017

Reva once not the first to have a menopause BABY!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9312/01/2017

Slee, hon, are you talking about Jessica, or the boys you popped out when you were late 20s but looked 75?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9412/01/2017

I think the whole Guiding Light moving to Peapack thing would make an amazing movie. So much of it was disastrous, but also hilarious. It's a fantastic hook for a film. Maybe Kim Zimmer could play herself?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9512/01/2017

Nola was never supposed to be, or slated to be, Earth Mother.

Her second go round was a bust because they had Nola stalking Buzz, and that was totally not her at all. Bridget could have possibly been the new tentpole character.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9612/01/2017

[quote] Maybe Kim Zimmer could play herself?

At this point she's big enough to play herself and Ashlee Wolfe too.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9712/01/2017

All this debating over who could have been the new Earth Mother confirms to us that killing maureen was a huge mistake.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9812/01/2017

Don't be fresh, R94.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 9912/01/2017

Why did there even need to be an earth mother? Anyway, they had Reva take on that role as Zimmer aged (and weighed) out of the heroine/vixen category.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10012/01/2017

r100, Reva WAS the Earth Mother by the 2000s. Zimmer ballooned and she fit the role perfectly.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10112/01/2017

Nah, Reva was never really that character either. And earth mother has nothing to do with size/appearance. Reva was all about Reva, and a tentpole, "earth mother" character has to give a fuck about other people.

Every story needs a "talk to" - otherwise the various characters are kind of untethered and unconnected. As GL was for its last five years, since the budgets were cut so bad that most scenes and sometimes whole days only had two or three people.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10212/01/2017

When it was evident they were transitioning Reva to earth mother/matriarch, I remember Zimmer at the time saying something to the effect that she didn't mind being a matriarch, but that she didn't want to be a Bert Bauer type matriarch.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10312/01/2017

Fuck this show. You bitches know it was all about ABC Daytime.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10412/01/2017

Charita Bauer tribute.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10512/01/2017

I'm sure you can post that in the Loving thread, dear.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10612/01/2017

Can someone direct me to the Love of Life thread? I need to discuss Tudi Wiggins.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10712/01/2017

[quote] I need to discuss Tudi Wiggins.

There's an ointment for that.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10812/01/2017

I love Holly in this scene. You just know what's thinking: "Oh god, get over it, bitch."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 10912/01/2017

Can someone start a Somerset thread?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11012/01/2017

I think Meryl Streep should be taken to task not doing a few weeks on Guiding Light as a favour to Maeve. She could have lifted the ratings. Maybe as a recast Hope Bauer?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11112/01/2017

I can't be the only one who thought the whole plot about Bridget faking going to Appalachia to hide her pregnancy was fucking hilarious.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11212/01/2017

When they did Death Becomes Her together, A Martinez asked Meryl to do a cameo on Santa Barbara. She refused, saying that she needs to play a full character arc, with a beginning, middle, and end, and that she wouldn't get that on a soap. He's lucky she didn't laugh in his face. A soap? Really.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11312/01/2017

r113, what the fuck was she even talking about? You can do a character arc with a beginning middle and end on a soap, that's why it's called a FUCKING CHARACTER ARC. It has to end, regardless of the genre. For instance, Meryl could have guest starred as a Hope Bauer returning to Springfield with terminal cancer to settle old scores, and died on screen. Hell, she'd have gotten a Daytime Emmy out of it most likely.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11412/01/2017

r113, A Martinez wasn't IN Death Becomes Her.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11512/01/2017

She Devil was based on Marcy Walker.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11612/01/2017

Whatever the hell movie they made together.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11712/01/2017

Meryl was just frightened about soap opera actors wiping the floor with her overrated ass. That's why she never guest starred on a soap.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11812/01/2017

Since Christmas is coming up....

by You tell her, Mo.reply 11912/01/2017

When GL killed off Lynne Adams as Leslie in 1976 there was HUGE fan outrage - but it brought up the then sinking ratings. Adams had been mega popular as Leslie in her 1st go round in the late 60's/early 70's then she left to replace Jada Rowland on Secret Storm as the main heroine Amy. Barbara Rodell assumed the role of Leslie and made her her own. Rowland was brought back to SS in its last year in a last ditch effort to avoid cancellation and Adams lost her job. She wanted her job on GL back and CBS allowed it, dumping Rodell. It was a crazy, crazy era and Adams soon learned coming back as the happily married to Mike Leslie Bauer was a snooze. Leslie was now being written as the matriarch in training to Bert Bauer and Adams cringed at dialogue where Leslie cautioned her step daughter Hope about pre-marital sex. Adams and management came to realize she had to go, all of which freed up superstar Don Stewart's Mike Bauer to be a single man able to pursue romantic entanglements. Strangely, the Mike character never married again.

All to say GL never learned and killing off Parker seemed to free Peter Simon's Ed Bauer to be a single father of a young daughter who would have romantic possibilities. It also DID free up money to snare the obnoxious Justin Deas, who I had loved on Santa Barbara and ATWT but geez he was a ham and cheese double decker on GL. Deas was never believable as Frank Cooper's father.

After Mo was gone, late 40ish Ed had a fling with the doomed late 20's Eve, Vanessa, mid 40's had a romance with 25ish Matt, imid 40's Ross became involved with mid 20's Blake and then late 40's Roger married mid 20's Dinah. ALL of these storylines went on at the SAME TIME. It was really weird. And there was no Mo Bauer. The show had lost its way completely.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12012/01/2017

NEVER REALLY BEGAN, OP? YOU SLEPT. WITH MY. HUSBAND!!!!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12112/01/2017

[quote]I can't be the only one who thought the whole plot about Bridget faking going to Appalachia to hide her pregnancy was fucking hilarious.

It reminded me of the plot to hide Julie away and pretend Aaron was Iva's son.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12212/01/2017

Ugh that fucken Serial Nutjob has polluted this thread. Asshole. Go the fuck away you mental case.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12312/02/2017

I always figured Reva was a tent pole character because her muumuus were the size of a circus tent.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12412/02/2017

Ashlee Wolfe was fatter than Reva. That girl was HUGE.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12512/02/2017

Nola... gay icon.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12612/02/2017

Jennifer Richards made me moist in my pussy regions.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12712/02/2017

A moment infamous in Datalounge history.... Bert and Ed are having coffee when Kelly Nelson walks in wearing nothing but his underwear. Bert gets an eyeful! "GOOD MOOOOORNING!"

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12812/02/2017

Looks like Bert had an orgasm looking at Kelly.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 12912/02/2017

Ah, those were the days when Bert had 2 good legs. Sigh.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13012/02/2017

Oh, damn. John was so hot.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13112/02/2017

Did Kristen Vigard's carpet match the drapes?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13212/02/2017

Vigard had freckles all over. Word is that JWS was repulsed since he wasn’t into women anyway so they replaced Vigard.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13312/02/2017

No, Vigard was replaced because she was immature and didn't take the work seriously. It had nothing to do with JWS.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13412/02/2017

Does anybody else think that welsh actor Luke Evans is the doppelgänger of Chris Bernau (Alan Spaulding)?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13512/02/2017

So JFP was going to have to get rid of SOMEBODY to pay for Deas. Whom do you think she should've axed instead?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13612/02/2017

r136, she should have axed Fletcher. What the fuck did he exactly contribute to the Light?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13712/02/2017

I'm guessing the very highly compensated Beulah Garrick could have been axed to make room for a dozen new actors. She held the show hostage.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13812/02/2017

She should've axed Grant Aleksander. Hell, the insurance alone on his pendulous dong could've paid for ten actors.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 13912/02/2017

r137 As much as I liked the Fletcher character, he was certainly expendable by 1993.

r139 Grant wasn't on the show in 1993. He was at AMC playing Alec MacIntyre opposite Kelly Ripa.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14012/02/2017

Well, Lillian was obviously expendable.

But why did they HAVE to hire Deas in the first place? What value did that character ever bring to the show?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14112/02/2017

JWS didn’t like eating pussy. He was very cool towards Vigard because he didn’t like her.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14212/02/2017

I think they needed to keep Lillian around because they knew that Beth would be returning at some point. Someone high up at P&G must've liked Tina Sloan. After Judi Evans left, they tried building a family around Lillian with Calla and Jessie in order to keep Lillian viable.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14312/02/2017

Did Geri’s carpet match the drapes?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14412/02/2017

Lots of snatch eating in Springfield...Geri Court, Mo Garrett, Marsha Clark, Beulah Garrick, Babs Berjer. Am I forgetting anyone?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14512/02/2017

Deas brought nothing to the show. Look what they did with beautiful Fiona Hutchison by pairing her with him... she went from high glamour and jewels and furs to living over a greasy spoon and pushing out runt Coopers.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14612/02/2017

Beaulah Garrick made my titties hard.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14712/02/2017

I think Ellen Dolan munched occasionally too. Lisa Brown always pinged, but evidently she likes dick.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14812/02/2017

Is it true that Frank Beaty fell in love with Rick Hearst?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 14912/02/2017

Frank Beaty? Isn't he the guy that had a heart attack after he slept with Rose Nylund?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15012/02/2017

Ellen Parker was in Meryl Streep's year at drama school and ended up playing the best friend of Meryl's sister in law Maeve Kincaid. You'd think Meryl would be game enough to do a fucking story arc to promote the show as a favour to them. Bitch.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15112/02/2017

[quote] Ellen Parker was in Meryl Streep's year at drama school and ended up playing the best friend of Meryl's sister in law Maeve Kincaid. You'd think Meryl would be game enough to do a fucking story arc to promote the show as a favour to them. Bitch.

And all three of them (Ellen, Meryl & Maeve) are all still good friends with one another.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15212/02/2017

Maureen's death netted James E. Reilly (Days of our Lives & Passions) his first and only Emmy for outstanding writing in a drama series. He was co-head writer along with Nancy Curlee and Stephen Demorest

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15312/02/2017

r152, yet Meryl has never lifted a finger to promote the show. This is apparently the world's greatest actress and she had a chance to give the oldest soap in the world international press!

Anyway, here's Meryl at 38 seconds and Maureen (sorry I mean Ellen) at 1:15.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15412/02/2017

The old bag in that clip is Josephine Nichols, who went on to play matriarch Kate Marshall on Texas. Geez, P&G really went in for these theater-type actors.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15512/02/2017

That is really disappointing to hear that Meryl did nothing to promote a weekday soap opera when she selfishly piled up Academy Award nominations like nobody's business. It would not have required much from her to consent to show up as a Bauer cousin or Spaulding servant. The show might still be on the air now if she had.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15612/02/2017

Exactly r156. If my sister in law and old drama school buddy was on a daytime soap that was struggling in the ratings and I was this big superstar actress, you better fucking bet I'd be reporting there stat to get that show's profile raised.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15712/02/2017

Shut up asshole Serial Nutjob. Moron. Go eat Kimberlin’s rotten old snatch.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15812/02/2017

Well, GL wasn't exactly struggling when Parker and later Kinkead left. It certainly wasn't close to #1, but was mostly comfortably middle rated. The bottom really didn't begin to drop out until the early 2000s, when they were both long gone.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 15912/02/2017

Did Meryl even WATCH Guiding Light when her family and friends were starring on it?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16012/02/2017

Why didn't Meryl do a cameo on her buddy Jill Eikenberry's LA Law in its final struggling years? Or appear on Love, Sydney as a favor to Swoozie Kurtz? Meryl simply didn't have time for this nonsense, especially appear on a daytime soap. That would've been so beneath her, I can't imagine anyone would seriously think she'd have lowered herself to do that. It's actually laughable to think about.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16112/02/2017

r161, oh look, another daytime soap opera snob. As if there's any difference between a soap or a movie except for production value?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16212/02/2017

R119, my ears! For some reasons in the early 2000s all these over the hill daytime divas started singing. Remember Lucci's musical interlude at the Emmys one year?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16312/02/2017

This wipes the floor with any scene from Sophie's Choice!!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16412/02/2017

r163, "They say falling in love is wonderful...."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16512/02/2017

Are you serious, r162?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16612/02/2017

Oh look at dear Maeve over-emoting over some old dead queen.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16712/02/2017

"Dear Maeve... thank you for your sweet letter. In answer to your request to do a cameo on Guiding Light, my agent told me it would be career suicide to appear on a soap opera, guest appearance or otherwise. This is not to denigrate your own achievements in that genre which, like everything else, has its place in our culture. But my place is up on another level. See you at Harry's birthday party. Love Meryl."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16812/02/2017

Oh, Vanessa's letter.

This has turned into a pretty good thread.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 16912/02/2017

Maeve, dear, move a little more to your right, please. Dear, you're still in the picture.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17012/02/2017

Guiding Light went through more theme tunes than Reva Shayne went through husbands.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17112/02/2017

Lots of them do, R171. ATWT changed what, four times, between 1986 and 2010? And OLTL couldn't hold onto a theme song for very long, either.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17212/02/2017

I know this is the Guiding Light thread but was Kim Hughes regarded by viewers as the Mother Earth of World Turns?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17312/02/2017

Somewhat, but not when Emma was a regular.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17412/02/2017

That Bill Roerick was an old queen.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17512/02/2017

Cynthia Watros and Cady McLain should have gone on to bigger things.

Tammy Blanchard was riding high for awhile.

What happened?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17612/02/2017

DON'T YOU TALK TO ME ABOUT MICHELLE YOU CAN'T USE HER AS A SELLING POINT TO SAVE YOUR HYDE!!!!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17712/02/2017

[quote] Was Kim Hughes regarded by viewers as the Mother Earth of World Turns?

Not really. She was feisty. She'd slap a bitch and say "Watch it, toots."

Also, it's hard to be the tentpole matriarch when you slept with your sister's husband, and you both birthed a baby by him at about the same time. That's some Maury shit.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17812/02/2017

Must I do EVERYTHING?

I mean, really. GLENN could have appeared on my sister in law's darling, kicky little television program. I'm sure our dear Glennie, Plain and Tall could have played a worn, put upon hausfrau with all the dignity and delicacy it required.

I AM sorry, truly, but I just couldn't. Daytime? New York? For scale? That's just beyond me.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 17912/02/2017

Carl T Evans (Alan Michael #1) still looks good.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18012/02/2017

Couldn't Meryl have given Maeve a part in one of her movies at the very least?

She could have been the affable best friend in Plenty!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18112/02/2017

EXCUSE ME!

Guiding Light HAD its very own movie star, thank you.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18212/02/2017

What about me Jobeth?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18312/02/2017

Ahem.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18412/02/2017

You lazy bitches can brag all you want about your movie careers, when all you had to do was show up to a set at the crack of noon.

NONE of you did a soap during the day and the lead in a Broadway show every night. No one.

Pay homage, bitches. To a TRUE star.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18512/02/2017

Didn't Floyd end up being a villain?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18612/02/2017

Yes, he ended up being the one who murdered Andy Farris, after it had been blamed on Lujack, I think.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18712/02/2017

Maeve with Elvera Roussel, who really fraued out. Time is an awful thing.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18812/02/2017

Elvera’s FAT! Yikes.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 18912/02/2017

More (and more) Elvera.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19012/02/2017

Great pre-credits scene where India gets in Roger's face.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19112/02/2017

[quote]Time is an awful thing.

Well, time and Hostess Cupcakes.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19212/02/2017

What would Bert think about how fat Hope got?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19312/03/2017

Hey, I love poking fun at those that deserve it, but I have to pipe up on the Elvera Roussel comments.

She's had some debilitating disease and has been on steroids for years. I remember reading about it back in the 90s - maybe in Lynda Hirsch's column or in SOD - because GL had wanted to bring her back. (I can't remember exactly when but am thinking it may have been around the time of Alan-Michael/Lucy.)

But even then she said, "My days in front of a camera are over."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19412/03/2017

My mother cried when Maureen Bauer died. There's your audience.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19512/03/2017

It became so much more fresh, hip and youthful when they dropped the "The".

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19612/03/2017

[quote] It became so much more fresh, hip and youthful when they dropped the "The".

They had a disco theme song in 1982 after everyone else declared it dead.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19712/03/2017

IMO, TGL was very much like OLTL. It was a soap that was just "there". It had moments of greatness at varying times during it's run, but it was never the crown jewel soap. Comparing it to other PG soaps, it never had the dazzle of ATWT or the "quality" label like AW had in its heyday. It wasn't The Edge of Night. Search and TGL were just workhorses. They did there thing and from time to time would break out and shine, but never really had the buzz like ATWT, AW, or TEON.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19812/03/2017

r198, I've never heard of ATWT being referred to as 'dazzling'. Many people would regard those two soaps are interchangeable, in fact.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 19912/03/2017

[quote]They did there thing and from time to time would break out and shine, but never really had the buzz like ATWT, AW, or TEON.

I heard they did a lot of coke on the set in the 1980s.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20012/03/2017

[quote] Many people would regard those two soaps are interchangeable

ATWT was number 1 for like 20 years and had Lisa. GL did not.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20112/03/2017

I wish that they had written better for Marah. They could never figure out what the point of view her character was supposed to be.

She was an adorable rug rat though.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20212/03/2017

ATWT was the quintessential midwestern soap that made it into the mainstream entertainment vernacular, Edge the mystery soap, and AW the sophisticated soap. Neither GL nor SFT really had its own theme. People liked to talk about GL being about family warmth, blah blah blah, but the Bauers were never really written as this warm, fuzzy family when they were a vital part of the canvass.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20312/03/2017

I actually went to elementary school where one of the teachers knew the boy who played Little Billy in the early 1990s. WEHT him?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20412/03/2017

I loved Otalia, they were the best part of the Peapack years.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20512/03/2017

r203, are you an idiot? GL's whole theme was in the title. About people striving for a moral compass, an ideal of living. And that was reflected in the show.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20612/03/2017

So it's not a stoner reference?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20712/03/2017

Yes, The Guiding Light's title was about striving for a spiritual ideal and overcoming the baser nature of human beings, and on the other side of the spectrum, Another World was about striving for a better material life and getting into a different social class or what have you. Guiding Light had the spiritual and Another World had the reality.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20812/03/2017

Please, these shows only paid lip service to their so-called "themes." ATWT, AW, SFT, and GL were all interchangeable.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 20912/03/2017

And [italic]Search for Tomorrow[/italic] enabled both Andrea McArdle's career and that of Jennifer Anistakassis's father.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21012/03/2017

Irna Phillips' original story bible for ATWT:

"AS THE EARTH TURNS", somewhere in this world the light of dawn breaks thru the darkness of night. As the earth turns somewhere in this world the sun dips into the distant horizon before the oncoming shadows of evening. As the earth turns, we know the bleakness of winter, the promise of spring, the fulness of summer, and the harvest of autumn. As the earth turns the cycle of life is completed.

What is true of the earth, nature is true also of man. He too has his cycle, as the earth turns.

From the time man's experiences were first recorded on stone, there has always been the seed of what we today call the family. Man, knowingly or unknowingly, thru the many stages, growth if you will, of civilization, has attempted time and again to solidify the family unit. Today, against the backdrop of an atomic age, of the hydrogen bomb, there is a great threat to all of us; not the threat of physical annihilation, but the destruction of that something which has made us feel secure, a security that has always found its beginning in the home, the family. Here in one form or is the great object of life.

It would almost ludicrous to attempt to make any comparison between the families of a generation, two generations ago and the generation of today. The world has seen many changes and undoubtedly will witness more, and as the earth turns in our lives, with the coming morning and the advent of night, you and I of necessity must cope with the problems of today. This is true of people in every community in the world.

There is no more poignant drama enacted anywhere than behind teh closed doors of a home.

Locale

As the title "AS THE EARTH TURNS" is limitless in scope, so will the selection and inclusion of characters be limitless. There will not be any one lead character thruout the life of the drama. This will be the story of a family, not exclusively any individual number thereof, but of the whole family, their relationships with each other and the world outside.

Let us for the moment walk down a street of an ordinary suburban family. It is more than obvious that many of the homes were designed by the same architect. Yes, there is somewhat of a sameness in design, construction, and if you walked up to the steps, and could without being seen open the doors to many of these homes, you would find that they all housed families. This is not only true of the homes on Oakdale Avenue, this is true of every community the world over."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21112/03/2017

r209, that's not true. Their themes were reflected handsomely. Guiding Light's founding themes were religious, there was even a famous scene in the late 50s or early 60s where Bert chastised Ed for claiming to be 'holier' than his father, the dialogue of which sounds ludicrous by today's standards. By the same token, the Rachel character defined Another World's title by her fanatical search for material security, first with Steve Frame and then with Mackenzie Cory. Of course, Agnes Nixon later changed those parameters for All My Children, where Erica Kane's search was not merely for security, but for global fame.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21212/03/2017

"As we look back on all those years and thousands of shows, it's the faces we remember. Those wonderful actors who created such real, incredible emotion. They became a part of our families."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21312/03/2017

Also, r209 and r212, in later years—I started watching AW in 1988—and over the next several years, I thought Jake and Vicky were perfectly emblematic of the AW theme. Jake was always such a striver, the kid with his nose pressed up against the glass, able to see what he wanted and thought he should have, yet not able to claim it without a ton of struggle. Vicky was similar, given their mutual upbringing in Lassiter, even though she eventually emerged as a Love/Hudson heiress. She was a lot like what I imagine Rachel was like at that age.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21412/03/2017

Reva ruined the GL. I hated Kim Zimmer and her publicity whore antics. Ending the show with Josh and Reva was the ultimate slap in the face to the classy audience the show had before Gail Kobe and Pam Long.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21512/03/2017

How different Guiding Light would have been if Marland had stayed there. Nola, not Reva, would be regarded as the icon of the show.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21612/03/2017

Getty Images says this is Maeve Kincaid standing next to me on the night I won #2...but I am not sure?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21712/03/2017

"I'm sick and tired of losing Emmys to Kim Zimmer all the time!"

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21812/03/2017

I agree that sometimes the P&G shows had identities, sometimes they didn't...SFT included. It wasn't a two-family soap like Irna's soaps, it was a soap that revolved around a single character, with roots way back in things like Portia Faces Life or Mary Worth. SFT relied on the great appeal of Mary Stuart and the show floundered whenever she wasn't the sun around which everything revolved.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 21912/03/2017

Some bad acting in those award show clips ^

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22012/03/2017

r215.... GAH!!! OHHHHHH I HATE THAT NAAAAAAME!!!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22112/03/2017

Funny how she and Kathleen Turner were in [italic]Body Heat[/italic] but then Kathleen left for movies and Kim stayed in soaps, but they both gained weight in recent years.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22212/03/2017

Yeah, R222. Just hiLARious.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22312/03/2017

Speaking of the Reardons, apparently they were all at Maureen's funeral... ONLY OFF-SCREEN!!! Can you believe those cheap bastards behind the scenes?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22412/03/2017

Holly was the only one who knew how to talk to Michelle. Everybody else was pussy footing around.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22512/03/2017

[quote] Speaking of the Reardons, apparently they were all at Maureen's funeral... ONLY OFF-SCREEN!!! Can you believe those cheap bastards behind the scenes?

If it hadn't been for their cheapness, we wouldn't have gotten their business.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22612/03/2017

"There is a state of panic and chaos at Guiding Light, and has been ever since head writer Douglas Maryland left almost a year ago."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22712/03/2017

That's a lovely pic of Geri Court in that article. She is positively glowing.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22812/03/2017

[quote]Bert chastised Ed for claiming to be 'holier' than his father, the dialogue of which sounds ludicrous by today's standards.

That scene is on Youtube. I watch it often. Ed hated his father for what he did to his Mother and here was his Mother berating Ed for defending her and trashing his father. People might think that Bert was crazy, but if you knew the history of Bert, you would know that she was a grade A cunt back on those days and it lead to Bill's cheating. What was even more ironic is that Ed would later become a drunk and a wife beater just like his hated father. That is why soap opera is just so good.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 22912/03/2017

I grew to appreciate that scene and dialogue of Bert ripping into Ed.

First, Charita was a great actress, she made it look easy.

Second, soaps were a thousands of times better back then; I am watching some of the Pam Long 1990 stuff. That show was so well-crafted with all the different characters; how alliances were formed, love grew; hate festered. Great dialogue and twists.

When Roger needed (?) money to pay Blake's ransom, Alexandra refused and suggested instead Roger tap into the funds he made with crooked business deals and swindling Henry Chamberlain out of his fortune.

Today, nobody ever points that shit out. Even when Cain on Y&R lost his job, nobody said 'where's your money from working at Chancellor or five other places where you had top positions?"

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23012/03/2017

Vanessa and Nola as the competing Scarletts.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23112/03/2017

I loved that, R231.

And R230, it confuses me too. I realize budgets are cut, etc. but it's really not that hard to thread a few common threads. They write the shows as if everyone is watching it only for that day. And so they do.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23212/03/2017

R231, Marland was long gone from the show the time the two Scarlets went at it, but I loved it when Nola simply and sharply said back to Vanessa (who said take your dress off): "no. you take your dress off!"

a simple, but classic Nola comeback.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23312/03/2017

[quote]That scene is on Youtube. I watch it often. Ed hated his father for what he did to his Mother and here was his Mother berating Ed for defending her and trashing his father. People might think that Bert was crazy, but if you knew the history of Bert, you would know that she was a grade A cunt back on those days and it lead to Bill's cheating. What was even more ironic is that Ed would later become a drunk and a wife beater just like his hated father. That is why soap opera is just so good.

There's also the fact that there are huge gaps in the existence of pre-1980s episodes so that skewers things a bit. Still, what has survived is better than what we've got now. If only the current writers could take a look at what made those old shows work and apply that to current times. They never would have lost as much as the audience as they did.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23412/03/2017

[quote]There's also the fact that there are huge gaps in the existence of pre-1980s episodes so that skewers things a bit. Still, what has survived is better than what we've got now. If only the current writers could take a look at what made those old shows work and apply that to current times. They never would have lost as much as the audience as they did.

I think you're being a little unfair to today's shows. All those classic soaps that we get to see snippets and single episodes of stand out because they are moments culled from a long continuing story. If watching The Doctors on Retro TV has taught me anything is that even soaps, when they were at their greatest (late 60s-70s), weren't always so great. They had clunkers. Sometimes things dragged. Sometimes characters didn't act in character. Sometimes the plot overshadowed the characters. There is no way a daily serial producing 250 episodes a year is going to be consistently perfect.

I think many of us who long for a return to those great days of soap, forget that things are often better in hindsight, then when you're actually going through it.

I am not holding writers, producers or networks blameless for what has happened to daytime soaps, but if we're honest we would have to admit that soaps have ups and downs. And that we can't fairly judge any soap from any era based on one clip or one episode. It's just not fair.

Whatever the fuck that means!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23512/03/2017

Whoever said that it was "beneath" Meryl from making a cameo on GL obviously never watched Oscar winner Julianne Moore return to ATWT for a short scene in its last year.

I love the Maureen/Lillian scene that started this thread, but even better was when Kim Hughes found out her sainted husband Bob slept with Town Slut/Drunk Susan Stewart on ATWT.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23612/03/2017

[quote] Whoever said that it was "beneath" Meryl from making a cameo on GL obviously never watched Oscar winner Julianne Moore return to ATWT for a short scene in its last year.

But Julianne had a history there. I started watching when she was a cast member, and the story of Kim finding Sabrina moved me in a way that is hard to describe. She had audience members like me that remember her.

All jokes aside, it really wouldn't have made any sense for Meryl to appear in a cameo.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23712/03/2017

[quote]I think you're being a little unfair to today's shows. All those classic soaps that we get to see snippets and single episodes of stand out because they are moments culled from a long continuing story. If watching The Doctors on Retro TV has taught me anything is that even soaps, when they were at their greatest (late 60s-70s), weren't always so great. They had clunkers. Sometimes things dragged. Sometimes characters didn't act in character. Sometimes the plot overshadowed the characters. There is no way a daily serial producing 250 episodes a year is going to be consistently perfect.

That may be the case to an extent, but I still feel like at some point form started to matter more than substance, especially when they tried too hard to compete with nighttime soaps that had bigger budgets and were on only once a week.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23812/03/2017

[quote]I love the Maureen/Lillian scene that started this thread, but even better was when Kim Hughes found out her sainted husband Bob slept with Town Slut/Drunk Susan Stewart on ATWT.

Good thing Jill didn't come to Oakdale.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 23912/03/2017

Holly should have raised Meg too.

There I said it.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24012/03/2017

Classic GL here in this clip. This was when the show reached the pinnacle of great, earthy drama; real meat and potatoes, kitchen sink type storytelling. Screw the Bauers, their moralizing and especially Maureen.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24112/03/2017

Now i know that r241 is trolling!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24212/03/2017

You'd think making it an hourlong show wouldn't have made it an either/or situation.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24312/03/2017

The show made a mistake by moving the focus onto the Lewises.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24412/03/2017

The addition of the Spauldings seems to be when the focus moved from the middle class of Springfield to its upper class.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24512/03/2017

The Spauldings never ate the show and an effort was made to connect them to the Bauers in a few ways. The Lewises and then the boring Coopers devoured the show.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24612/03/2017

The Lewises, it seems, grew out of the failure of [italic]Texas[/italic], which was NBC and P&G trying to do [italic]Dallas[/italic] in daytime after they scaled back [italic]Another World[/italic] from 90 minutes back to 60 where it should have stayed. Thank goodness none of the other soaps followed suit.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24712/03/2017

Yeah Pam Long and Gail Kobe definitely Texas-fied GL. GL was enjoyable under them at first, though it did start to feel like a different show with the marginalizing of the Bauers, the prominance of the Lewises, the declawing of Vanessa, and those silly plots like the dreaming death. The show was so much better under Marland and especially the Dobsons IMO. GL under the Dobsons was at its peak.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24812/03/2017

R247, um, one other show did -- OLTL.

The town of Llanview went to Texas for Sam and Asa's romance the week Texas premiered, I think.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 24912/03/2017

I meant expand to 90 minutes.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25012/03/2017

R250, ah...of course. I misread.

I do think Long came into her own once she got up and running: India's plan for revenge, Beth/Lujack's romance, Alex taking down Alan, Phillip taking down Alan, re-introducing Holly and Roger...the whole intricate weaving of so many people into the Neil Everest murder...re-introducing India...I loved the Chelsea/Johnny singing, Sherry Stringfield's Blake; Maeve, Miss Sally....of course, Reva's search for acceptance and the mistakes she made along the way. I loved HB, Ed, Maureen...and Betty Rae casting the day players made things even better.

Not every story was a winner: Lujack as a rock star; Dr. Daniel... a few others; but I loved the Long eras - 83-85; 87-early 91, culminating in Phillip/Beth's wedding.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25112/03/2017

Why not 1986?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25212/03/2017

Geraldine Court made my pussy lips swell.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25312/04/2017

That was so out of left field to have Ed fuck Lillian

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25412/04/2017

I miss the early days of Mindy and Phillip "what a beautiful animal"

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25512/04/2017

John Wesley Shipp in his speedo made my penis erect.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25612/04/2017

Meryl's movie where she played the music teacher had several refs to what an asshole Paul Rauch was. It wasn't exactly subtle and this was right after Rauch forced Maeve off the show, basically by marginalizing her with Dinah's being a murderess and leaving the show.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25712/04/2017

The show slowly and carefully set up Ed supporting Lillian turning into their one night together. It was entirely not out of left field.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25812/04/2017

[quote] Meryl's movie where she played the music teacher had several refs to what an asshole Paul Rauch was. It wasn't exactly subtle and this was right after Rauch forced Maeve off the show

???

Please elaborate!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 25912/04/2017

Pam Long's first stint was riddled with network interference - CBS wanted the Bauers diminished and wanted the show to be more contemporary.

Her second stint was better, in my opinion.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26012/04/2017

Pam Long wrote the Dolly Parton movies.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26112/04/2017

The Mike Bauer character was severely diminished when Kobe/Long joined. I mean, they did make half-hearted attempts to pair him with Lillian and Alex, but you could tell they had no interest in writing for the character. It was kind of jarring, because until that point, he had been written as the show's lead hero. I forgot if Don Stewart was fired or if he just voiuntarily left when his contract expired.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26212/04/2017

Kobe and Long convinced P&G/CBS Stewart's salary could be freed up for others, and Stewart hated both of those women. Killing off Hillary was stupid too. Charita's goodbye as Bert to Hillary was so beautiful though - she know she probably ad-libbed it.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26312/04/2017

Don Stewart was an asshole. His character was played out, he was a leering old dude with a bad toupee, and he turned down pairings with a few female characters, Alexandra being one, because he expected that his 50something character would be paired with a teenage ingenue. He was fired for being an asshole.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26412/04/2017

Well Don Stewart may have all of those things, but the show was mega popular for years because of him. And Mart Hulswit who was so cute.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26512/04/2017

Mart Hulswit was fat. Cute would never describe him.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26612/04/2017

It's kind of true about Don Stewart. I think it was Marland who tried pairing him with Geraldine Court's Jennifer Richards, but they had no chemistry. I think I read somewhere that she hated working with him because he was such an entitled asshole. He preffered younger pairings with people like Cindy Pickett and Rebecca Hollen. They chem tested him with Maeve Kinkead when she first joined but that went nowhere.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26712/04/2017

Our beloved lezbo Geri Court HATED Don Stewart and his bad toupee and bad breath. He was an asshole to her.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26812/04/2017

Don Stewart was an ass, Just like Donald May and a few other of PGs leading men. There was no way that any actress would have gotten away with what those two pulled for so long.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 26912/04/2017

Hetero male asses need to go get fucked.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27012/04/2017

What did Donald May pull? He got the "and" credit on Edge, and he was popular on Texas.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27112/04/2017

Carla Borelli sucked Don’s dick in that Texas studio.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27212/04/2017

Pam Long always seemed rather strange. She was credited on Texas and GL as Pamela Long Hammer and then she gave an interview where she said that she and Jay Hammer were never married. Then in 2009 she denied that she wrote the Reva post-partum depression story when clearly that happened in the summer of 1990 and she was headwriter of GL until early 1991. She always founded flakey.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27312/04/2017

[quote]Then in 2009 she denied that she wrote the Reva post-partum depression story when clearly that happened in the summer of 1990 and she was headwriter of GL

Something that isn't talked about a great deal with soaps, is that often soaps will buy a story from freelancers or even sometimes one of the actors. It happen(s)(ed) quite a bit. They buy the story and it's up to the HW and Breakdown Staff to make it work. And also in defense of PLH, these writers write so much that they sometimes forget what they write and sometimes it is subtle shade meaning that the original story was altered and changed by the network.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27412/04/2017

R274 But back in 1990 in interviews, Pam owned up to creating and writing the post partum depression story when Kim went to TPTB at GL and informed them that she was leaving. Reva driving off the bridge is not the kind of story you forget. I’m cummmmming Bud!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27512/04/2017

Thanks R275. I was just trying to find another reason to explain it.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27612/04/2017

Pam Long's second tenure was weird. I think her EPs there were Joe Willmore, JFP, and Robert Calhoun. I liked her stuff under Joe Willmore, but something seemed different with Phelps and Calhoun. She definitely didn't have the synergistic relationship with them that she had with Gail Kobe, and the writing seemed more by committe then, instead of Long/Kobe's vision.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27712/04/2017

They absolutely wrecked Nola in the late 90s having her stalk Buzz. And then being moralised by Harley of all people.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27812/04/2017

Harley looked like Snoop Dog

by You tell her, Mo.reply 27912/04/2017

Somebody's dick, apparently.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28012/04/2017

I'm glad they didn't give Roger ALS. I didn't want to see Roger as some wizened old man. Dennis Parlato was a great replacement.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28112/04/2017

the cunt from hell at r281, quoting Mickey Dwyer Dobin.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28212/04/2017

All this talk about earth mother, and not one mention about me - and I’m still working and first up in the credits...

Days of Our Lives

Starring

Suzanne Rogers as

Maggie Horton Kiriakis

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28312/04/2017

GL had every right to get rid of Zaslow. MADD was right - Zas could no longer play the role as needed. I side with her.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28412/04/2017

Suz, earth mothers age naturally and let their hair go gray. They don't wear $5.99 red wigs from McCrory's on their skulls.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28512/04/2017

ITA r284. No one wanted to see him disintegrate before our eyes. Soaps are for escape and entertainment, not to watch some wizened old man get sick on screen. Fuck that.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28612/04/2017

Pam Long and JFP didn't work together at GL.

Pam came back in 1987 under Joe Willmore. But Robert Calhoun took over as EP by late 1988, shortly after the writers strike ended. I always got the feeling that Pam and Willmore didn't really work well together, but she and Calhoun seemed to mesh pretty well. Pam left at end of 1990/early 1991.

Robert Calhoun was EP until spring 1991. JFP took over sometime in late spring/early summer. One of the first things she did was hire Vincent Irrizarry to play Nick.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28712/04/2017

I liked Long's stuff under Willmore a lot (Johnny Bauer's cancer, the beginnings of Sonny/Solita, intro of Frank and Harley before the Coopers at the show, Reva getting her groove back, re-introduction of Blake and Holly). There was a real warmth to the show then. I didn't feel that warmth with Calhoun.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28812/04/2017

Zaslow's dismissal was poorly handled. He hadn't been diagnosed with ALS at that point; he was just having symptoms that were affecting his performance. So, it really looked like TPTB were firing him just because he was sick with something.

Dennis Parlato did a great job filling in. I would have had no problem with him continuing in the role when it became obvious that Zaslow was not well enough to continue in the role.

I agree that writing the ALS into the script would have been a poor idea. Roger was a thriving character; I didn't want to see him sick. Plus, even if they had written it in for the character, they couldn't have written a long term storyline for him since they would have no way of knowing what his health would be by the time the scenes shot.

JFP did something nice by hiring Zaslow to play David Renaldi again on OLTL. However, they couldn't give him a storyline either they didn't know what his health was going to be when the scenes shot. And his health declined fairly rapidly -- he died 15-18 months after being diagnosed.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 28912/04/2017
by You tell her, Mo.reply 29012/04/2017

El Dolan always looked like a lez.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 29112/04/2017

The best Maureen.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 29212/04/2017

Making Robert Calhoun EP of GL took him off of ATWT where Laurence Caso replaced him. How did that affect the show? Marland kept it up until his death, but who knows how long he would have stayed, where he would have gone after ATWT, and how he would have done in a post-OJ environment.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 29312/04/2017

Yeah, the writers at GL had been in place for 6+ months when JFP came aboard.

And that is so weird that Pam would have said she didn't write the postpartum story. She was head writer until several months after its conclusion.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 29412/04/2017

I did love this theme something fierce. It meant I was in for 2 hours of sheer bliss!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 29512/04/2017

As for favorite GL themes it's a tossup between this one....

by You tell her, Mo.reply 29612/04/2017

...and this fabulous one.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 29712/04/2017

That 1983 opening is pure bliss! Gail and Pam brought GL to #1 for 3 weeks in 1984.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 29812/04/2017

[quote]Gail and Pam brought GL to #1 for 3 weeks in 1984.

Yes, they did. And GL was great in 1984. But in fairness, the 3 weeks GL was #1 was in August 1984, when ABC soaps were preempted for the Olympics.

When ABC soaps returned, GL fell back down to #5 where it had been for most of the year.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 29912/04/2017

R299 You are incorrect. GL was #1 in June 1984, not August. And ABC did not pre-empt their 3 top soaps for the olympics. AMC, OLTL and GH did 40 minute episodes from 2-4 pm.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30012/04/2017

Hmm, Lillian, why WOULD you defend adultery?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30112/04/2017

r301, did you hear Bev's Texas twang at 5:13? OMG...

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30212/04/2017

If Carole Shelley, and not that McInzey creature, had brought Iris to Houston, "Texas" would still be on the air. There, I said it.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30312/04/2017

Ugh! That irritating McKunty voice. The neighborhood dogs used to whine at her voice. Karma got that bitch but good!!!!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30412/04/2017

The makers of Dallas and Dynasty took the Ewing and Carrington names from Another World. Beverlee was the pioneer.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30512/04/2017

All of your assertions are incorrect, r305.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30612/04/2017

R285 Against Daytime Drama

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30712/04/2017

r284 Against Daytime Drama

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30812/04/2017

[quote]Marland kept it up until his death, but who knows how long he would have stayed, where he would have gone after ATWT, and how he would have done in a post-OJ environment.

Would Mimi Torchin have destroyed "Who Killed Carolyn Crawford?", just because she could, when she morphed into Spoilercunt?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 30912/04/2017

I remember Holly's rape case against Roger and how she admitted on the stand she loved Ed. That was good tv!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 31012/04/2017

Also Mrs. Wexler poisoning Ben, her daughter Evie's husband

by You tell her, Mo.reply 31112/04/2017

There is no way anyone could tell a multilayered, complicated storyline like Roger and Holly today, except on premium cable. There isn't a soap that would touch it. Now that I think about it, soaps probably wouldn't even tell Lisa fucking the shoe salesman for fear of fanbase backlash. Soaps used to be so provocative.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 31212/04/2017

Consider that their biggest competition had a woman marrying her rapist while this show argued over whether or not consent was always implied with marital sex.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 31312/04/2017
by You tell her, Mo.reply 31412/04/2017

r314, why didn't GL bring back Claire right after Maureen died? It seemed the perfect time for her to stake a claim over Michelle.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 31512/04/2017

Ellen Parker's presence puts me to sleep. It's a knee jerk reaction.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 31612/04/2017

There was something turtleish about her appearance.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 31712/04/2017

R306 Actually, Miss R305 is correct.

There's an interview somewhere that confirms that. I can't remember if the Shapiros wrote for AW at some point or whether they were just inspired by Iris et al, especially the way she was when she was introduced.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 31812/05/2017

Bev McInzy was all style and no substance. Awful actress but very charismatic and watchable.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 31912/05/2017

She was fantastic, and your repetitive trolling statements to the contrary will find no favor here.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32012/05/2017

Ignore-dar reveals Bev-hater R319 to be the poster who thought Maureen should have been played by Jamie Lyn Bauer or Deirdre Hall. Or even Valley Trash Brooke. Nice to see such bad taste is so universally incorrect.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32112/05/2017

McFlimsy had one facial expression: pissed. If this bitch was good, where are the emmies? Where are the accolaids?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32212/05/2017

[quote]Where are the accolaids?

Where is the "Oh, Dear"?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32312/05/2017

Oh what a real actress like Carmen Duncan could've done with Alexandra!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32412/05/2017

I loved Carmen Duncan.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32512/05/2017

Carmen was sophistication without the pretense of McDingy.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32612/05/2017

Ooh, that thread became much shorter once I blocked that bitch.

*breathes in fresh air*

Inhale the fabulousness, bitches.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32712/05/2017

Bitch, please.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32812/05/2017

Marj Dusay and her tired Gloria Swanson routine....

by You tell her, Mo.reply 32912/05/2017

[quote]R321 Maureen should have been played by Jamie Lyn Bauer or Deirdre Hall. Or even Valley Trash Brooke.

Make way, bitches

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33012/05/2017

[quote] Marj Dusay and her tired Gloria Swanson routine....

Marj is really talented and her original take on Alex was great, really solid. Something got lost in the transition back and forth from AMC to GL, or she wasn't directed well, but the later incarnations were indeed a little hyper.

It didn't help when the writers wrote her doing things like gaslighting Reva (ugh) and then a story where she hid Gus from Alan, something that Alexandra simply would have never, ever, EVER done, with what she went through with Brandon and Nick.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33112/05/2017

My other likes for Maureen would've been Karen Morris Gowdy or Christine Tudor.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33212/05/2017

Picture it!

Instead of Ellen Parker as Maureen.

Ellen DeGeneres as Maureen.

This was, of course, before [italic]Ellen[/italic].

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33312/05/2017

I wish the Reardons would have stayed on. In later years they should have recast Jim, or brought in Tony's kids.

I liked Bridget very much, Matt less so, but never understood why they were in Michigan when everyone else was in Springfield.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33412/05/2017

Who was Bridget's father? How many turds did Bea shit out?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33512/05/2017

[quote]Picture it! Instead of Ellen Parker as Maureen. Ellen DeGeneres as Maureen. This was, of course, before Ellen.

Would we have still happened in that scenario?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33612/05/2017

Bea was Henry's hag for a while.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33712/05/2017

r335

I think Sean was her father

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33812/05/2017

Sean Reardon who we never saw. (The senior Sean was the one in that Annabelle story with the men of Springfield....the one that was a big success and then GL tried to copy it and do it again as Maryanne Carruthers, which everyone hated.)

I remember there were seven of them. Jim, Tony, Maureen, Nola, and Chelsea were the ones we saw. Sean and Lana we did not see.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 33912/05/2017

Jim and Tony were hot.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34012/05/2017

I seem to recall Sean Reardon appeared in a handful of episodes in 1995. He was there to give a pep talk to Matt regarding Vanessa, or something like that. Sean was Matt's father as I recall. And was he Bridget's father or uncle?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34112/05/2017

I think Marland won an Emmy for this episode which features the very hot Tony Reardon.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34212/05/2017

Maybe he did, but it was some nondescript someone or another.

According to this, Bridget and Matt also had several siblings, too.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34312/05/2017

Was Tony ever paired with ...

HE

LEN

AAA!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34412/05/2017

[quote]Maybe he did, but it was some nondescript someone or another.

Yes, definitely. Whoever they cast in the part was a nobody. Didn't recognize him or the name. It was obvious the moment Sean came to town for the 3-4 episodes that the show had no intention of keeping the character around. If they had, they would have cast someone with soap experience.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34512/05/2017

R342, when Nola asks Tony to beat Kelly up, that could have lead to a very hot gay sex scene.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34612/05/2017

Wasn't it that boy from the old MilkMate commercials? The one who complained about the powder chocolate residue at the "battam of the glayass"?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34712/05/2017

[quote] R342 I think Marland won an Emmy for this episode which features the very hot Tony Reardon.

I was robbed

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34812/05/2017

I'm surprised there people who don't like Beverlee McKinsey. She is everything.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 34912/05/2017

Interesting, r43 - McKinsey went on record saying Curlee was her favorite GL writer. But I guess you're going to say next that you hated McKinsey.

Pam Long will go down as one of GL's signature writers, right up there with Marland and the Dobsons. But those writers of the late 80s-early 90s were some of the best. The show struggled in an almost pathetic way to find a writer who could truly take the show into the 21st century, and never found one. But the executive producers the show suffered through in the late 90s-2000s were the true killers of the show. DL pariah JFP truly was the last great GL executive producer.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35012/05/2017

Don't feed K E N N Y from the DOOL threads r349.

He's really fat and disgusting, sweaty, stinks, dirty ass 300 lb bottom who wonders why he can't get fucked when he's never heard of douching. I should know. He tried to get me to fuck him, and then cried when I wouldn't (because I put my finger up and found a turd about an hour from departure) Shortly after that he started a big fight at SON and then left in a huff and started another site. Total psychopath bully, makes up self-aggrandizing stories about himself. Made up the Kola Bouf story.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35112/05/2017

R351 That is far more than any of us needed to know.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35212/05/2017

The Nola/Kelly scene is one of the best things on GL ever.

I remember when they had the 50th anniversary shows in 1987 that was one of the five scenes they played.

Both of them were so good, but Lisa Brown was amazing. In a year she went from someone you couldn't stand to the only person you wanted to see. THAT is good acting.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35312/05/2017

SON boards are a mess. That queen Soapsuds, who is a fat disgusting OLD pervert whacks off looking at Chandler Massey. Gross!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35412/05/2017

And r354 continues to out her big fat ass. As if Drake H, and his twig and berries, weren't disgusted by your zits, your overwhelming shit and cheese stink, and the giggly bluberous nature of your very unhealthy body. And now you've almost aged out of the best gay years and are still a virgin. Sucks 2bu

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35512/05/2017

Thanks for misquoting me, stinking whore R330.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35612/05/2017

[quote]SON boards are a mess. That queen Soapsuds, who is a fat disgusting OLD pervert whacks off looking at Chandler Massey. Gross!!

Does she refer to him as "Chambo"? There's a queen who deserves to die.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35712/05/2017

More room full of stink from sweaty dirty fatass

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35812/05/2017

She became a pariah for what she did after she left GL, R350.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 35912/05/2017

Are you kidding, r359? A pariah in the minds of lunatic fans who can't let go of things, maybe. She went on to EP AW where she got the demos up, and then successfully EP-ed OLTL and GH., and then Y&R. Actors love working with her and she's respected in the industry. Her shows made money for the network. That's how you get respect. No sane person is looking at her and saying I won't hire her because she killed off Maureen Bauer.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36012/05/2017

Me, I'm a GENERATIONS gal.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36112/05/2017

OT: but, is this the sleaziest soap opera diva pic ever done? Is she fingering her back door?

(They shouldn't let perforners drink at shoots.)

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36212/05/2017

Louise Sorel would have made a fabulous Jill on Y&R

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36312/06/2017

I'm not a suburban joke.

I'm fabulously slinky and mysterious.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36412/06/2017

None of you bitches ever did a Remington Steele!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36512/06/2017

If the demos for AW went up, then why was it thrown on the sword for [italic]Passions[/italic]?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36612/06/2017

Passions was more compatible with Days and NBC owned it so all the profits went to NBC, including foreign broadcast rights which is where a lot of money is made.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36712/06/2017

When AW aired on Soapnet, it literally got a 0.0 rating in the 18-49 demos.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36812/06/2017

Jill Farren Phelps killed ALL soaps. LOL Such stupid people.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 36912/06/2017

I mainly watched this show as a kid and teenager, looking at the clips I didn't realize Holly was such an attractive woman. My little gay self had a crush on Ross.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37012/06/2017

I loved Nola until they hooked her up with boring Quint. I hated Morgan and wanted her to get with Kelly, though I felt bad for Floyd

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37112/06/2017

Holly always acted like a lesbian. Remember when she was with gay Daniel St. John?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37212/06/2017

Holly wasn't like a lesbian when Lynn Deerfield played her. She was neurotic and chased after Roger who instead wanted her sister in law Janet who really loved Ed. It was a five character pentagram - Ed, Janet, Ken, Holly and Roger. Those were the days!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37312/06/2017

I wanted Kelly to show me his pee pee

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37412/07/2017

I would have knocked Roger on his ass!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37512/07/2017

Ugh! That fukker Serial Nutcase is polluting this thread. Go away!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37612/07/2017

R376 We will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever care.

Y'all need to leave your BS feud on Twitter. No one here cares.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37712/07/2017

[quote]Jill Farren Phelps killed ALL soaps.

Hey. I helped.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37812/07/2017

So did I.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 37912/07/2017

Me, too.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38012/07/2017

What? You mean you don't want to see some cross eyed, bucktoothed blond simpleton marry her cousin?

Sorry, her half cousin.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38112/07/2017

I loved Jonathan

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38212/07/2017

Lisa Brown knocked it out of the park in this episode. How the fuck did they keep throwing Emmys at that scenery chewer Kim Zimmer but Brown went unrewarded?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38312/07/2017

"DAHLING!"

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38412/07/2017

You could see the theater training in Lisa Brown, with her "look at me!" acting. I found her acting very unnatural.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38512/07/2017

R385, Yeah; it's best more to be just yourself, natural.

Yeah.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38612/07/2017

I meant her performance was stagy and not natural. Very cold, brittle actress. Zimmer was just the opposite and deserved each and every one of those Emmys.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38712/07/2017

R384 I love the old Doctors episodes because Hubbard was so different, but every once in a while a Lucinda-ism poked through.

R383 A mystery how neither Brown nor McKinsey was ever rewarded with an Emmy. I don't dislike Zimmer but she certainly didn't merit 4 Emmys.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38812/07/2017

ugh McInzey, what a one-note actress. And that affected voice! Sorry, she did not deserve one single Emmy.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 38912/07/2017

Hubbard was nominated at least 7 times for Lead Actress as Lucinda, but never won.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39012/07/2017

r387... of course her performances were STAGEY... soap opera back then reflected live theatre. And that's why we loved it.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39112/07/2017

Of course, the McKinsey hater also hates Lisa Brown.

Their lack of taste, intelligence and common sense is, well, consistent.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39212/07/2017

McKunty was hated by the industry because she was such a kunt. Karma baby. She never deserved an emmy.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39312/07/2017

Give me Susan Lucci, Kim Zimmer Jeanne Cooper, Dee Hall, and Melody Thomas Scott any day over the over-rated likes of Lisa Brown, McInzey, Maeve Kinkead, Ellen Parker, etc. Just thinking about Ellen Parker can cure my insomnia.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39412/07/2017

r394, fuck off cunt.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39512/07/2017

R387, my apologies...any fan of Reva's....:)

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39612/07/2017

R394 has the aesthetics of a drunken, fat frau who thought "Mamma Mia" was the finest theater ever, and has the Let Me Speak To Your Manager haircut.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39712/07/2017

R393, Emmys are given out based on the work, yes, Beverlee did deserve one for Alexandra and Iris each at least.

She came in and did great work.

If she wasn't pals with everyone...so what?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39812/07/2017

[quote] If she wasn't pals with everyone...so what?

Sadly, the Emmys have always been about politics, who you know and who you blow.

It's why the same incestuous pool of people won year after year.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 39912/07/2017
by You tell her, Mo.reply 40012/07/2017

r383 thanks for the link, I remember watching that on summer break when I was a youngster, that was the good old days of Guiding Light

by You tell her, Mo.reply 40112/07/2017

LIsa Brown was dull and unattractive. Now Jennifer Cook, she was a very pretty and talented actress. She and JWS had amazing chemistry. They should've done more with Denise Pence. Very likable actress. Brown just came off as cold and aloof. Kobe/Long knew that Nola and Quint were popular, but they had no idea what to do with them.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 40212/07/2017

Have your Lisa Beige, Dullen Parker, McInzey, the other M...none of them can hold a candle to this. Star power, bitches. Bow!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 40312/07/2017

Sometimes I forget just how beautiful Elizabeth Hubbard was.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 40412/07/2017

Hubbard had the Dietrich thing going on...

by You tell her, Mo.reply 40512/07/2017

r404/r405=Rachel Cory, when she went blind after being kidnapped by Sven.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 40612/07/2017

I think "You made us into a suburban cliche!" is a better line, anyway (?)

by You tell her, Mo.reply 40712/07/2017

R399, then why didn't Billy's 'nouveau riche princess' win won for sleeping with my husband!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 40812/08/2017

win one!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 40912/08/2017

Kunt kunt McKinskunt! I cannot stand McKunty, emmylesss, kunt who croaked off. Fuck you Bev you cunt! Bye fucking bye!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41012/08/2017

Bye Bye Blackbird

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41112/08/2017

Got to 2:29 for tempAlex Lydia Bruce, and you'll see a real actress at her craft. Fuck McInzey! Bonus of Grant Aleksander's gratuitous shirtless scenes.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41212/08/2017

The only persom Kimmy Simms was knowing and blowing at that point was Vincent Irizarry.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41312/08/2017

Fuck you Beverlee McCunty! My guarantees were cut short.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41412/08/2017

R412, ironically, Mary Kay Adams was one of the few GL actors (along with Tina Sloan) to have worked with all four Alexandras: Beverlee, Lydia Bruce, Marj and Joan Collins.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41512/08/2017

I hated McKunty.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41612/09/2017

I hated McCunty. Poor Doug Watson...having to play out a "triangle" between that awful, old-looking McCunt and that bug-eyed horse-faced creature. He must've done a happy dance the day he was paired with the beautiful and youthful Christine Jones.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41712/09/2017

Is r417 "serial" or "spicen"?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41812/09/2017

Serial psycho asshole. He’s mentally instable. Spicen is normal and good loking.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 41912/09/2017

How does one "lok," r419?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42012/09/2017

R418, Serial is a huge McKinsey fan so it's not him. It's Spicen.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42112/09/2017

Serial is psychotic. He just spent 2 months locked up. His family had him committed.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42212/09/2017

Zas and McCunt were both ham actors. Ham on rye, baby! They were so much alike...no wonder they hated each other.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42312/09/2017

Reva and Sonni struggle on a rope bridge about to fall over in the middle of the Colombian rain forest

One of Pam Long storylines

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42412/09/2017

Michelle Forbes is embarrassed about her soap past.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42512/09/2017

I wish I'd gotten to see the Sonni/Solita storyline. They (she?) must have left Springfield the day before I landed there.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42612/09/2017

Michelle Forbes remained good friends with Beverlee McKinsey long after she left the show

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42712/09/2017

R425, she shouldn't be; she was brilliant. I think she went through some tough times then, it was a ton of material and dealing with envy from Zimmer (which is beyond me -- not that Forbes isn't brilliant, but Zimmer's spectacular!)

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42812/09/2017

[quote]How the fuck did they keep throwing Emmys at that scenery chewer Kim Zimmer

If only the scenery was all she was chewing.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 42912/09/2017

Kim deserved every one of those emmys. And McKunt was never even nominated for the Alex role. Ha ha ha ha ha

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43012/09/2017

As said above re Serial Whoever and Spicy Whatever:

We will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever care.

Y'all need to leave your BS feud on Twitter. No one here cares.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43112/09/2017

[quote] I wish I'd gotten to see the Sonni/Solita storyline.

The plot itself took some twists and turns, especially because of the writer's strike. But damn if it wasn't still fun. And Michelle Forbes is a goddess.

This kind of explains it, I think.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43212/09/2017

LOL at a prior DL thread's description of Forbes as "dykier than the Dutch flood plain."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43312/09/2017

Spicen is a wonderful person. Serial is a Nutjob whose family had him committed.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43412/09/2017

R434 In English?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43512/09/2017

Isn't it kind of a coincidence that Peapack is actually in Somerset County?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43612/09/2017

Cute, R436.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43712/09/2017

I worked for Delaney Brands in Somerset...and was never once sexually harassed.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43812/09/2017

Remember when McFlimsy decided to leave in order to finally pull one over on the producers. Never mind that it put her co-stars' jobs in jeopardy and had the writers hustling to hastily rewrite storylines and story projections. Never mind that these "awful" producers kept her employed and helped her maintain a very luxurious lifestyle most people could only dream about. Never mind that her prominence in the industry, thanks partly to these "awful" producers, allowed her to leverage the nepotism card and get her son into the daytime industry, where he has enjoyed a very successful career as a director under these "awful" producers. Get the fuck outta here, McFlimsy. Just awful. And she as no great actress! That voice was like footlong nails on a chalkboard. Luck of the draw for this bitch.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 43912/09/2017

I was happy when McFlimsy croaked off. Happy dance!!!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44012/09/2017

R339 want the fathers name Tom Reardon?

And I think the unseen Reardon sib was named Pat

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44112/09/2017

Want = wasn't

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44212/09/2017

Bea Reardon had an active pussy.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44312/09/2017

R441 Ooh, you are right re the father. My bad.

The sibling names I got from SoapCentral, so Sean and Lana were the two we never saw.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44412/09/2017

R435 There are two soap queens who fight on Twitter and have been banned elsewhere, and like the Pacific Ocean Garbage Pile, their fight washes up here every so often. That's what R434 is talking about.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44512/09/2017

Who is Rick Gordon, R445?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44612/09/2017

Serial asshole is a mental case.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44712/09/2017

Who the fuck knows.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44812/09/2017

This isn't about Twitter queens.

It's about MEEEEE!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 44912/09/2017

R439, from what I heard TPTB were ordering her to take Alexandra to new levels of cunt-dum and she didn't like it. The contracts have ALWAYS favored the shows but they didn't read hers properly and she took the same kind of out that the show would have on her had it suited their purposes.

Nobody lost their job because Beverlee left; they continued the stories and they made one of the worst recasting moves ever by hiring over the top Marj Dusay to wheeze new life into Alexandra in every scene.

Honestly, I don't know which was the worst Spaulding recast -- Dusay, Pilon, Poser or Bolger? (I gotta go with Bolger).

RARELY does it work when a new regime comes in to a show in terms of writing characters consistently.

Most saw McKinsey as a sophisticated presence who played cutthroat characters with a heart underneath.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45012/09/2017

come to think of it why did Parker have to be cut to pay for scenery chewing Buzz?

The show has lost Kimberley, Sherry And Beverlee leading up to killing off Maureen.

Juggle the numbers, people!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45112/09/2017

[quote] they made one of the worst recasting moves ever by hiring over the top Marj Dusay to wheeze new life into Alexandra in every scene.

so who would you have cast?

btw the killing off of Maureen was NOT for budget reasons. It was for storyline reasons. If you notice her death rocked the town and created ripple effects in the storylines for years. Though I agree with Soap Opera Digest who said that it would better story to keep Maureen by having a contentious divorce where the town would have to take sides. In addition some at SOD suggested that Maureen could have gotten involved with Roger which would have made a great story!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45212/09/2017

Deas was coming from Santa Barbara. Despite the ratings, SB was the "quality soap" and they paid quality salaries plus gave their cast nice perks. GL had to probably come up with some serious coin to pay him.

After seeing what Constance Towers did with Helena, she would have been a great Alexandra recast. Jane Elliott would have been another good one.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45312/09/2017

R452, Deas was an FOJ's and he was brought on and Springfield was never the same - not in a good way.

I would have cast as Alexandra either Penny Fuller or Susan Hayes (both screentested for the part, but again another FOJ from Santa Barbara was hired).

I would have tried Lydia Brice who subbed for Bev for a few days in 84, she wasn't bad.

The reason I would have killed off Maureen is the show was asking viewers to accept a new Blake, Mindy and Alex around this time.

Also, I wouldn't have brought Buzz on; if Maureen had to go I would have brought back Claire Ramsey (Michelle's bio mom) and done a quadrangle with Holly/Ed/Claire/Fletcher.

In fact, if Fletch fathered Meg, clearly his vasectomy had reversed itself (or the new writers forgot or didn't care) and then examined if Fletch was indeed Michelle's dad.

GL was great through early 93, having survived a mass exodus of favorites, but once into 93 or 94 we had Crampton as Mindy (miscast), Buzz, Marj, and - worst of them all -- Tangerine Hill.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45412/09/2017

and I'm not a viewer opposed to change. Initially, I was wary circa 84 when a whole mess of Texas folks came over and a lot of Marland's colorful characters were written out (Nola! Quint! Kelly! Tony!) BUT I really great to love Alex, India, Reva, Miss Sally, Mindy, Beth, expanded roles for H.B. and the other Lewis men.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45512/09/2017

great = grew

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45612/09/2017

Maureen rightly inherited the Mother Matriarch from Bert. Every soap needs one. The show floundered with some really wishy washy storytelling in the years following Mo's death.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45712/10/2017

Mo was boring. Killing her off was a good idea. I never once missed her.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45812/10/2017

Jane Elliot as Alex wouldn't have worked for the folks (like me) who adored her as Carrie Marler.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 45912/10/2017

Didn’t Strasser meet with JFP about the role of Alex? Then Strasser told ABC that she was thinking of getting back into soaps so they offered her the role of Dorian again on OLTL, displacing Elaine Princi.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46012/10/2017

R460 true about the Alex recasts, Jane Elliot was under contract to GH, Constance Towers didn't want to move to NYC, Penny Fuller wasn't used to the grind of soaps, so that would be risky, Susan Seaforth Hayes might of made a good Alex.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46112/10/2017

[quote]Susan Seaforth Hayes might of made a good Alex.

Yes, she might have. She can go from sweet to megacunt within one breath, which the part called for. I have never been a DOOL fan, but I got exposed to "Julie" when DOOL became GOOL, and she became the character I most loved to hate.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46212/10/2017

I wonder what Kristi Ferrell looks like now. She was so adorable as Roxie Shayne but I gather she became a cokehead and had to leave the show.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46312/10/2017

Again I say: Dusay was great in her first go-round. It was later that she became over the top. Partly because of the writing, and partly because Dusay emphasized the humor in Alex and made her a joke.

I really think Louise Sorel would have been great as Alexandra.

[quote] Susan Seaforth Hayes might of made a good Alex.

There is no such thing as "might of," dear. It's might've, or MIGHT HAVE.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46412/10/2017

[quote] Honestly, I don't know which was the worst Spaulding recast -- Dusay, Pilon, Poser or Bolger? (I gotta go with Bolger).

Pilon and Poser, for sure, and Ron Raines too.

Bolger was great, he just wasn't Phillip.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46512/10/2017

'REVA, I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM SO I COULD BE HAPPY FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46612/10/2017

Breaking News!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46712/10/2017

I'm sorry, but I love Susan Hayes but she would have been so wrong for Alexandra. Alex is subtle. Those big bold actresses would have all been wrong. Constance Towers or Jane Elliot or Victoria Wyndham can do subtle. Marla Adams would have done a good job. Judith McConnell would have been great.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46812/10/2017

R464, I'll give you that; Bolger's a fine actor. he just was not Phillip.

I don't think any return ever made me as happy. everyone always talks about the Phillip/Rick relationship (frankly, I think sleeping and marrying each other's g.f.'s is an odd way to deal with your feelings for one another), but I liked the Phillip Alan-Michael (Carl Evans) dynamic.

We saw AM realize being the apple of Alan's eye wasn't necessarily a good thing.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 46912/10/2017

I would love to have seen what Jamie Lyn Bauer or Dee Hall could've done with Alex.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47012/10/2017

Damn you, Reva! Damn you to Hell!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47112/10/2017

Based on McClumsy's talent, I think an equal in the acting department would've made an apt replacement. Maybe Shari Shattuck or Sarah Buxton. Shelley Taylor Morgan would've worked too.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47212/10/2017

[quote]Constance Towers or Jane Elliot or Victoria Wyndham can do subtle.

Subtlety is impressive for someone with "ham" in their name.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47312/10/2017

Was that Vicky Wyndham who played "Large Marge" in Pee Wee's Big Adventure?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47412/10/2017

Isn't r474 hiLARious?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47512/10/2017

Would Wyndham wanted to have a taken on a role that Bev was popular in? Didn't they have a rivalry for top dog on AW?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47612/10/2017

[quote] Again I say: Dusay was great in her first go-round. It was later that she became over the top. Partly because of the writing, and partly because Dusay emphasized the humor in Alex and made her a joke.

When Paul Rauch fired Marj Dusay she had said her role towards the end go sot repetitious that the only two things her character said was "Amanda is a whore" and "Boys don't fight". She said she was throwing comedy into the part because the writing was getting so uneven.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47712/10/2017

Another problem with reacting Alex was that not a whole lot of actresses wanted to relocate to NYC. For the lack of roles for older women, this would of been a huge change in lifestyle for some of these actresses. Which is why some like Constance Towers and Marla Adams wouldn't consider the part. Even if Louise Sorel was free (she was doing DAYS) she said she would never go back to NYC. So the choices were kind of limited, but still many did line up for the part

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47812/10/2017

I wonder how Mary Beth Peil would have worked as Alex.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 47912/10/2017

I loved Lydia Bruce on The Doctors. The actress exuded love and warmth. However, in those scenes as Alex, I don't think she would've worked long term in the role. The role needed someone a little tougher.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48012/10/2017

What is even more remarkable about Marj Dusay as Alex in that first is that her son was dying of AIDS. So she made the difficult decision to take the job, because her son encouraged her to do so. He died shortly after she started filming as Alex

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48112/10/2017

Did he live in NY, R481?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48212/10/2017

There's only one actress in daytime who ever mattered. Bow!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48312/10/2017

R482 No Mary Dusay son lived in L.A.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48412/10/2017

Marj is very is very liberal. I wonder if she still talks to that fundie Lisa Whelchel, or if they even got along.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48512/10/2017

Marj better have been liberal. She had the homo son who had the aids.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48612/10/2017

Dyan Cannon would have made a great Alexandra. Joan Collins was great in the role also.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48712/10/2017

Grant Aleksander's anecdote about Bev's problems with a certain Another World actress... could it be Eyes a Bugging?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48812/10/2017

Marj Dusay is a Robert Dole supporter because they both hail from Kansas. But who knows if she had a political conversion after her son got sick

by You tell her, Mo.reply 48912/10/2017

Marj Dusay talks to POZ magazine about her son dying of AIDS

Your son died in 1993. When did you first become involved in AIDS activism?

After his diagnosis, in late 1986. At that time, there was certainly the news about it and everything, but there wasn’t the massive amount of information. So it was pretty scary.

And after the shock of Randy’s diagnosis, what did you do?

I just started to listen to people, went to as many of the seminars as they had at that time, read as much as I could, asked doctors about it. Nobody really had that many answers, and there weren’t that many specialists in Los Angeles. I tried to find women’s and mothers’ support groups. Again, there weren’t that many. The ones I did find were floundering and had no leadership. You’d go and you’d find that you wanted information, you wanted someone to talk to, you wanted consoling. And really the only thing to do was seek it elsewhere. What continues to make me an activist is the attitude people have, the negativity and the rejection that they have for some of their sons or daughters. That, I think, is based on outlandish fear and sometimes embarrassment, and not being able to face it. And the denial and the duplicity of some people really made me angry. It doesn’t do any good to duck your head and say, “It’ll go away.” Although, as a mother, that’s exactly what you wish.

I was working right in Hollywood at that time, and it’s amazing how many people in that liberal community were fearful. The parents who turned away their children I thought were abominable. Still do.

Describe your work with Project Angel Food, which provides daily meals for people living with HIV/AIDS and other illnesses.

It was a great place for me to go to be able to do something hands-on. Not a PR thing. This was something where I had to go down there and mingle with the people and chop the food and package the food and be right there. It was a very cheerful group. These people wanted to do that. It meant a lot to me.

It is a way for somebody like me who’d been on television and done soaps and movies; it is a way for me to get down there and get lost in what’s real.

How has AIDS activism and advocacy changed your life?

Well, it made me face some reality. I know the last year was very difficult with Randy. Fortunately, he didn’t really become hospitalized until about the last three and a half weeks of his life. And unfortunately, combination therapy for him at that time just didn’t work. I think if you’re that caring person that stays close to it, you go through hell. But then, my God, I gave him such beautiful support. And other friends and relatives were so supportive. And I was very happy and proud that they were those kinds of people.

What advice could you give our readers?

You have to have the strength to live through it and say, at the end, at least you made it as good as it could be. And try to make it as good as it could be. And also, stay close to people in support groups. I think they’re much more sophisticated these days. There’s more information now; I think there are more choices.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49012/10/2017

What is she wearing?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49112/10/2017

Damn, I love Marj! God bless her for going through what she did.

She just wasn't Alex to me.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49212/10/2017

R491, an awful oversized wedding gown to disguise her real life pregnancy.

This was for her wedding to Kyle, interrupted by Maeve, who revealed that Ben was her and Kyle's son and for some reason Kyle had the baby taken away and given to social services.

Reva walked out on Kyle; some bad guys ran her over and Josh found her.

In the hospital as she's coming to, Roxie says to HB, she keeps calling out his name. HB: Damn that Kyle!

Roxie: No, HB. She's calling for Josh!

And it was on again.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49312/10/2017

In the grand scheme of things who was the greatest leading lady of GL?

A. Reva

B. Leslie

C. Rita

D. Nola

E. Beth

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49412/10/2017

R490,

Thank you for that.

I did not know, until reading several years later, about Marj Dusay having lost her son to AIDS.

I appreciate having read this.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49512/10/2017

I loved Hunt Block as Ben and the way he sucked his teeth before speaking. He used to be the voice of CVS commercials. I'd know that voice anywhere.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49612/10/2017

Ben and India were a missed opportunity. They could have merged, fought for power, betrayed each other....

TPTB not tapping into Mary Kay Adams back in the late 90s when she wanted to return remains a mystery.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49712/10/2017

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49812/10/2017

R481 I wrote to Marj a few months after she came to GL, when she did a Soap Weekly interview and talked about Randy. She sent me a nice note back.

As for the other Alex choices....there was a list in either Weekly or Digest shortly after McKinsey's departure. (I still remember where I was when I read that she was leaving!) It had either ten or twelve names. I seem to remember that Robin Strasser, who was not yet back on OLTL, was one of the names. (Vicky Wyndham was not, as she was still playing Rachel.)

by You tell her, Mo.reply 49912/10/2017

I smell rotting cunt.

Oh, look, it's R483.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50012/10/2017

R494 You could also add Harley to that list, possibly Olivia.

And the answer would be: Whoever that viewer connected to, in whatever era they watched the show.

I remain as always.....

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50112/10/2017

The Kimmer covertly blasted Ehler's in her book.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50212/10/2017

Maybe the actress Bev had the problem with was Geraldine Court when they were both on AW? I think Vicky W and Bev always got along.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50312/10/2017

Yes, I have always read and heard that VW and BM got along well, but I'm sure as with any co-worker there may have been issues that crept up from time to time.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50412/10/2017

Geri Court was a very professional actress. I doubt Bev would've had an issue with her. Plus, I always assumed it was someone younger. My money is on Laura Malone.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50512/10/2017

I remember hearing that it wasn't so much that Wyndham and McKinsey didn't get along....more that their working relationship was just a bit strained for a time.

One, because they were in story together A. LOT.

And then two, after the 90 minute show came to be, they were both run ragged.

But it was not a personal animosity.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50612/10/2017

If I remember correctly, Bev and Vicky barely interacted in the 90-minute version. I think they worked on alternate days.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50712/10/2017

True, R507, which I think fed into the whole feud thing.

They could only be written into scenes once a week, or once every 8 show days, I think? Because of their guarantees and the budget.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50812/10/2017

I think the idea for the 90-minute show was to have at least one of them appear in every episode, thus the alternate work days.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 50912/10/2017

[quote] They could only be written into scenes once a week, or once every 8 show days, I think?

Oops, I meant written together into a scene. Which, when the thrust of the show was Rachel vs Iris, weakened the impact of that story.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51012/10/2017

I image the AW actress that smirked at the end of scenes who was also set to win the war at the end of storyline was Gail Brown who played Clarice. Iris went after Clarice because Clarice was pregnant with Robert Delany's baby. Gail was young and brand new on the show when they pitted Iris against Clarice.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51112/10/2017

There IS an actual AW thread, just so's you know.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51212/10/2017

Geri Court loved eating my pussy. Just to stay on topic.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51312/10/2017

One of the more unusual episodes of GL, which includes both (a) a stage of male beauty contestants and (b) Lesley Ann apparently crossing the Rainbow Bridge....

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51412/10/2017

R514, for some reason I think this episode-- Reva hosting the hunk of Springfield contest -- was on her Emmy reel; I think in the next episode Reva and Josh had a knockdown drag out in her condo, that was on her reel, too.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51512/10/2017

Why did Kobe and Long get rid of Jennifer and Amanda so quickly? I think they were ridden out of town before mousy Eve Stapleton, who appears in the opening credits until the disco theme is discontinued.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51612/10/2017

Beth Ehlers now works as a paramedic in suburban Long Island.

Stephanie Gatschet is a hostess at the Bristol, Connecticut Olive Garden.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51712/10/2017

[quote]Damn, I love Marj! God bless her for going through what she did. She just wasn't Alex to me.

Ironic how what worked for her the role of Monica Warner on [italic]The Facts of Life[/italic], also a recast from an actress who looked more like she could have been Lisa Whelchel's mother, didn't seem to translate to the role of Alexandra Spaulding.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51812/10/2017

[quote]Why did Kobe and Long get rid of Jennifer and Amanda so quickly?

I'm guessing either a network decision or they were let go to free up money for others.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 51912/10/2017

Wouldn't Elizabeth Hubbard have been a great Alexandra?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 52012/10/2017

Agree that Judith McConnell would have been a great Alexandra. Santa Barbara had just been canceled, so she was free. Did Jill Phelps not like her-they worked together for years on Santa Barbara?

Or what about Nancy Addison?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 52112/10/2017

Kobe told Schemering for this GL 50th book that it was a mistake to lose all the Bauers one after another...

I think Charita would have been kept had she lived (though I heard an awful story she was taken off contract shortly before she died, but who knows if that's true).

I was surprised when Kathleen Cullen came back as Amanda for a few shows at the end of 1987 that she didn't stick around. Vanessa left for 18 months around this time, and Amanda certainly could have been used more in Phillip's take over scheme.

I would have liked to have seen more organic returns over the years at GL. When Maureen died, Clarie should have come back to help raise Michelle.

Also, Hope should have come back to Springfield when Alan-Michael had been shot, and also again when Maureen died. Elvera Roussel would have been a perfect choice to take over the Bauer matriarch role, a 'talk to' for the kids when they needed someone to speak to for advice.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 52212/10/2017

R514, I'm *loving* the fact that places like Spaulding Enterprises, Bauer Legal Services and Lewis Oil were contributing hunks for the pageant. What was the dynamic between Reva and H.B. at this time? Was he a sugar daddy willing to have some fun?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 52312/10/2017

R523, I think the dynamic among Josh, Reva and HB is that Josh wanted Reva to be responsible and couldn't get past her not growing up; things may have escalated if he found out that Alan paid Reva to break up Billy and Vanessa, not sure.

But Reva saw HB as someone who accepted her for who she was, and she felt Josh couldn't do that. That led Reva to marry HB; Josh flew off and got in a car wreck and Reva did her best to nurse him back. After months of him berating her, she finally lost it at Vanessa's party and jumped into the fountain.

There's a lot more to it, but it's been over 30 years.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 52412/10/2017

Gail Kobe was a lesbian. Didn’t she want Geraldine Court to stay so that they could bump pussies?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 52512/10/2017

Kobe and Long are always blamed for the Bauer exodus, but CBS pushed heavily for that, as far back as the beginning of Luke and Laura. They wanted to "hip" up both GL and ATWT.

Marland fought it, and had some success doing so, since he'd been part of the initial rise at GH. But Kobe and Long had to adhere more closely to CBS' mandates. And P&G wanted whatever would keep the network happy, so......

by You tell her, Mo.reply 526Last Monday at 6:07 AM

Rauch had said also that the network wanted to marginalize the Bauers, although by the time he took over they pretty much were on the periphery. I remember him making a statement, something to the effect that as long as he's in charge, there will always be at least one character with the last name "Bauer."

by You tell her, Mo.reply 527Last Monday at 6:15 AM

Victoria Wyndham should have left Another World in the early 90s and taken over Bev's role on GL.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 528Last Monday at 7:11 AM

Vicky had already been on GL years earlier as Charlotte Waring Bauer, so her taking on Alex would've been too jarring for viewers.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 529Last Monday at 7:14 AM

Where's the son you've ever given him?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 530Last Monday at 7:18 AM

r530, Victoria should have taken over Alex Spaulding and got back in touch with her early 70s bitch. Something really weird happened to her on Another World in the late 90s, she became this spaced out personality wearing flowing white robes.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 531Last Monday at 7:20 AM

Since Maeve Kincaid's Vanessa had done a 'Rachel Cory' and turned from villainess to moral compass, the early 90s would have been perfect for Wyndham to switch to GL and take on the Alex role. It's a shame nobody thought to ask her.... she had nothing much to do on AW by the 90s.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 532Last Monday at 7:22 AM

I would've killed to see Connie Ford's take on Alex.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 533Last Monday at 7:23 AM

Frank Beaty aka the evil Marian Crane, in a UK commercial here.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 534Last Monday at 7:24 AM

Poor AW; it lost all its history. Even though the Bauers were decimated the end still had Ed, Rick, and Michelle.

ATWT had Bob, Kim, Lisa, John all in the last episode.

But AW had lost ALL its history save Rachel.

SAM GROOM one of the actors who played Russ Matthews played the officiator at Lila and Cass' wedding.

It's too bad AW didn't do what Ryan's Hope did in its final weeks and bring back a slew of people: Iris, Pat, Alice, Jamie...

We got Rachel touching a pic of Ada in the finale. That was the best part.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 535Last Monday at 7:27 AM

Playing a serial killer in drag is a headache...

by You tell her, Mo.reply 536Last Monday at 7:31 AM

Was Springfield supposed to be some lazy, flyover suburb? The only time it ever felt that way was the brief period that Pam Long was HW before she brought on all the Lewises.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 537Last Monday at 7:47 AM

AW fared really bad at the end.

GL had shitty sets but at the very end we had a number of characters we loved, acting as we remembered them (Vanessa, Billy, Phillip, Nola, Bridget).

by You tell her, Mo.reply 538Last Monday at 7:54 AM

I hate Chris Goutman. He completely ruined the endings of AW and ATWT.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 539Last Monday at 7:57 AM

Nola in Company in the last episode of Guiding Light killed me.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 540Last Monday at 10:26 AM

Frank Beaty had a hard onfor Rick Hearst. Toobad that Rick didn’t swing that way. Could’ve been hot!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 541Last Monday at 10:30 AM

That's not the story I heard, r541.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 542Last Monday at 10:36 AM

Louise Shaffer (Ryan's Hope) & Maree Cheatham (Search for Tomorrow) would of been good recasts for the part of Alexandra, Wonder why Jill Farren Phelps never considered Louise Shaffer?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 543Last Monday at 10:49 AM

what percentage of stories we hear about presumably straight married actors being gay or having sex with guys on the side are true?

10%?

40%?

95%?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 544Last Monday at 10:50 AM

Uh, Rick and Frank Beaty had a hot and heavy affair. There was no "hots for". That shit was LIVE.

It was also part of why Frank lost his shit on set. He was in love with a married man.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 545Last Monday at 12:45 PM

[quote] would of been good recasts

It's not would of, you dumb box of hair! It's WOULD HAVE!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 546Last Monday at 12:46 PM

Rick Hearst has never dabbled in the homosex. Dream on bitches. His son, on the other hand.......

by You tell her, Mo.reply 547Last Monday at 12:48 PM

I'm sorry, even if you were credible (which you aren't) using more than three periods in an ellipsis marks you as boob.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 548Last Monday at 12:50 PM

I miss these shows (from their heydays) especially at Christmas.

My family doesn't show much emotion. One of the our parents died very early in our lives and that just sent things down a shitty path ever since then.

We roll our eyes at each other; we have no patience, no kindness...no love.

It's why I'd like to visit the Bauers and see Bert welcome folks to her home while Mike or Kelly sang.

The contrast with the Spauldings and how cold they were was such great drama.

The Hugheses was another great family to watch on these shows during the holidays.

Poor, Lily, though. Three trees in that mansion and a mother who was too busy to love her.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 549Last Monday at 1:10 PM

I've never once in my life said oh, Jill Phelps is helming a show I can't WAIT to start watching it! the way I would other producers and/or writers.

She did what everyone in this business does and she hires her friends or people she's worked with before. that's why we saw a mini (maxi?) Santa Barbara rush of actors come on to GL -- Marj, Justin, Marcy, and in lesser roles that guy who played Bunny and the woman who played George and the woman named Christopher Bradley or Bradley Christopher.

I don't think she's ever gone onto a show and said, 'let's dig back into the vault and see what we can mine.'

She's not a bad person, I just don't think she's a great producer, but she gets the budget in on time, makes friends with the right people and wins Emmys.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 550Last Monday at 2:52 PM

[quote]The Hugheses was another great family to watch on these shows during the holidays.

At least a couple of times each December I hear Kim telling me "Kiddo, this is my FAVORITE time of year." Of course, since she was a fictional character, she never had to put up with Slavation Army bellringers when she went grocery shopping. I don't either this year. I am completely avoiding that supermarket this December.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 551Last Monday at 2:56 PM

Christmas was a season I loved during the Long-written years of GL. There was always a nice scene with Saint Nick.

Saw this on a soap blog last week and it made me verklempt.

The last scene. WRECKED ME. Wrecked. Me.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 552Last Monday at 3:28 PM

R552 Kvell

by You tell her, Mo.reply 553Last Monday at 3:33 PM

r552 I'm starting to cry at 7:00.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 554Last Monday at 3:36 PM

r549, your post touched me. This is for you:

by You tell her, Mo.reply 555Last Monday at 3:40 PM

r555, Meryl Streep should have guest starred on GL as Hope in the 90s for one of those Bauer Christmases (as a favour to Maeve!). I think Meryl and Ron Raines could have done some good work.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 556Last Monday at 3:42 PM

Shut up Serial asshole nutjob.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 557Last Monday at 3:46 PM

I think Louise Shaffer had switched over mostly to writing by 1992-93.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 558Last Monday at 4:15 PM

Here's some tissues, R553 and R554.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 559Last Monday at 4:42 PM

[quote] Meryl Streep should have guest starred on GL

That comment gets no more clever, no funnier and no more interesting, no matter how many times you repeat it, dear.

And yet, I remain truly yours,

by You tell her, Mo.reply 560Last Monday at 4:44 PM

r560, YOU BITCH! If it's good enough for Joan, it's good enough for Meryl!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 561Last Monday at 4:46 PM

That’s the moronic asshole Serial stupid who goes on about Meryl. He’s got mental issues. His own family had him committed for 60 days. They all hate him. They only let him out because they don’t want to pay for him to be in the mental hospital. He’s not worth it.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 562Last Monday at 4:47 PM

Thank you, R559. All my people were still alive then, and they were blonds.

Wrong show, I know, but you take me away.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 563Last Monday at 4:54 PM

The last scene wrecked me, too, r559. Beth. Ah, Beth.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 564Last Monday at 4:54 PM

Oh, I get it, R563. All of my people were still here then, too.

R564 It just makes me sob, every time.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 565Last Monday at 4:57 PM

I really miss these shows around the holidays too. Especially GL, ATWT, and AMC. These three in particular pulled out all the stops for the holidays, with a real emphasis on family and returning cast members. Anyone remember the 20-minute closing credits that AMC did for Christmas each year, where they listed everyone down to the security guards and the food delivery guys? I LIVED for that every year. Seems like such a bygone era.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 566Last Monday at 5:01 PM

That's what r552's Guiding Light episode has (since you liked GL). Check it out.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 567Last Monday at 5:03 PM

I miss Steve Hardy reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to all the kiddie patients at General Hospital.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 568Last Tuesday at 12:59 AM

The guy from Family Feud used to read TTNBC?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 569Last Tuesday at 3:45 AM

r569. that's Steve Harvey.

Steve Hardy was the chief of staff at General Hospital in Port Charles, NY. Played by original cast member John Bernadino.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 570Last Tuesday at 4:29 AM

Sorry. I really read that has Steve Harvey.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 571Last Tuesday at 4:36 AM

If I recall, the year John Bernadino died, they began with Alan/Stuart Damon reading, then gradually faded to Steve/John as a sort of one last time gesture.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 572Last Tuesday at 4:38 AM

Why would Adam/Stuart have done the reading? Is it the year Skye moved from Pine Valley to Port Charles? I'm drawing a blank here.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 573Last Tuesday at 4:56 AM

I wish Josh Lewis would read me a Christmas story.

My head against his furry chest, while he wears nothing but an overstuffed jockstrap.

Tell me more, Daddy......

by You tell her, Mo.reply 574Last Tuesday at 5:00 AM

You do realize that Robert Newman is 70 and over the hill. The Josh you want to rest your head on is hearkening back to 1984.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 575Last Tuesday at 5:05 AM

He's actually 59, and yes, his finest days may be behind him, but he still looks good....and looked damn good at 50.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 576Last Tuesday at 5:15 AM

Richard Van Vleet was an underrated Ed Bauer. He had the type of leading man looks and charisma that ugly, dull as dishwater Peter Simon never had. The writing sucked when Van Vleet was playing the role, so that was his downfall. Plus he had little chemistry with dyky Dolan or with boring Parker. It should've worked.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 577Last Tuesday at 5:16 AM

We need a new thread soon, my precious ones.

I remain, ever yours -

by You tell her, Mo.reply 578Last Tuesday at 7:28 AM

Who was the slut of Springfield before Reva? Rita?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 579Last Tuesday at 7:33 AM

R555, thank you.

It has not been entirely horrible. I'm a sensitive guy though and I know how families CAN be, and mine wasn't.

This year, however, will be particularly difficult.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 580Last Tuesday at 7:35 AM

R579, yes.

Yes, it was Rita.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 581Last Tuesday at 7:36 AM

Rita made the rounds.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 582Last Tuesday at 7:37 AM

go to 17:03 to see what Bert thought of Rita

by You tell her, Mo.reply 583Last Tuesday at 7:49 AM

The real punchline there is at 20:30. I almost pissed myself the first time I heard it.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 584Last Tuesday at 8:03 AM

Charita made acting look easy. She could do comedy as well as drama.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 585Last Tuesday at 8:06 AM

Yeah but could she hop on one leg while reciting the Declaration of Independence?

by You tell her, Mo.reply 586Last Tuesday at 8:57 AM

Bert didn’t have a leg to stand on in the scenes with Rita.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 587Last Tuesday at 9:04 AM

[quote]I think Charita would have been kept had she lived (though I heard an awful story she was taken off contract shortly before she died, but who knows if that's true).

I can believe it. It happened to me.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 588Last Tuesday at 9:12 AM

Well at least Charita and Anna Lee only got taken off contract. I got fired when I got ill.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 589Last Tuesday at 9:17 AM

We can't have Roger as a whizzened (sp?) old man!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 590Last Tuesday at 9:21 AM

wizened, R590.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 591Last Tuesday at 9:22 AM

I was kept on contract until the day I died, even though I made exactly one appearance in the five years before my death. Thank you, Brian Frons!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 592Last Tuesday at 9:55 AM

I seriously doubt Charita Bauer was taken off contract. But what floors me is that Eileen Fulton (ATWT) could go FOUR MONTHS without even making an on-air appearance. This despite being on contract and getting a two episode guarantee.For some strange reason Chris Goutman didn't want to use her. Even weeks up to the shows cancellation, Eileen Fulton was nowhere to be seen. And only made an appearance on the last episode, where she had nothing to do but observe John & Lucinda together in the hotel lobby.

It was also a shame that Chris Goutman couldn't tap Kathleen Widdoes (Emma Snyder) to be on the final show. They had her make her final appearance a month before the shows cancellation (she left town with Meg)

by You tell her, Mo.reply 593Last Tuesday at 10:14 AM

Goutman also couldn't bring himself to fire Scott Holmes for some reason, though he hated seeing him on air too. I told a friend of mine with access to tell him to fire Scott and hire someone else because the character was more important than the actor. (I even suggested he bring back Gregg Marx.)

by You tell her, Mo.reply 594Last Tuesday at 10:18 AM

Fulton angered someone, I think because she complained about the show. Rubbing salt in the wound was replacing her with Carmen Duncan for a few episodes. Finally, Lisa was getting back to back appearances after barely appearing for ages, but Eileen had some scheduling conflict, so they went and got Duncan to fill in.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 595Last Tuesday at 10:19 AM

If it were 1989, I'd be watching Guiding Light right now.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 596Last Tuesday at 10:20 AM

Soaps never were soapier than GL in the 1980s and early 1990s, then it all washed away.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 597Last Tuesday at 10:22 AM

Goutman was very good friends with Scott Holmes and CZP from their acting days.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 598Last Tuesday at 10:22 AM

If they were such good friends it remains a mystery why he never gave Tom anything remotely like a story. Maybe Holmes just didn't care and was happy running his gym.

by You tell her, Mo.reply 599Last Tuesday at 10:27 AM

Fulton kept plugging up the toilet at the studio. They couldn’t afford the plumbing bills so they made her stay home and plug up her own toilet. P.S. You never wamted to go into the bathroom after Eileen was in there. Pee you!!

by You tell her, Mo.reply 600Last Tuesday at 10:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!