Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The New York Times dumps on Woody Allen's latest film - Wonder Wheel

'Wonder Wheel, Woody Allen’s latest movie, is one of his more unfortunate contributions to cinema.'

Kate will never get that second Oscar now!

by Anonymousreply 20Last Wednesday at 6:39 PM

The NYT will never again give Allen a good review. Very un-PC, and they're very leftist.

by Anonymousreply 111/30/2017

Kate will never be the the best "c/kate".

by Anonymousreply 211/30/2017

The sheer number of sympathetic puff pieces they've done on Trumpsters and Nazis suggest they are anything but "leftist."

Are they still doing that weekly editorial specifically designed to say one good thing about Trump?

by Anonymousreply 311/30/2017

Manhola's review is fantastic, and I think she's right: no one wants to psychoanalyze his dippy movies, but year after year he's practically begging us to.

by Anonymousreply 411/30/2017

Isn't Timberlake too old to be playing a lifeguard?

by Anonymousreply 511/30/2017

Haven't watched a Woody Allen since the Soon Yi scandal decades ago. Too creepy. This man is in no position to philosophize about life, relationships or the human condition. If his films were dark and honest they might be interesting, but he insists on presenting his perverse worldview as "normal." Ick.

by Anonymousreply 611/30/2017

Does anyone want to even see this film?

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2017

I guess no.

by Anonymousreply 812/01/2017

Yikes--that's Jim Belushi?! I thought it was John Goodman!

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2017

The Boston Globe (Ty Burr) pans it. " Timberlake gives the most vapid, awkward performance of his career. "

by Anonymousreply 10Last Wednesday at 5:31 PM

At this late date, I find everything about and around Woody Allen--him, his films, his stars, his fans, his detractors--unspeakably tiresome. And that includes Mia and Ronan. I wish all concerned would just go awaaaaaaay.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Wednesday at 5:36 PM

Jussie Timberfake also has a career because of a kiddie fiddler.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Wednesday at 5:37 PM

There's a reason "Manhattan" was his high watermark, you know.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Wednesday at 5:41 PM

The last time I saw a Woody Allen movie was about the same time I gave away my Michael Jackson CDs.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Wednesday at 5:45 PM

BLUE JASMINE anyone? I'm sorry. It was an excellent film. The performances all were brilliant. With Cate Blanchett giving one of the most extraordinary film performances by an actress ever really. Another level. The script which uses the STREETCAR parallels, mixed with the Madoff scandal. It was a perfect idea that totally worked. And I'm not trying to defend anything about Woody Allen's life here. At all. But simply as a film, BLUE JASMINE was a knock-out all around.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Wednesday at 6:05 PM

r15=Soon Yi.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Wednesday at 6:08 PM

R16=true hilarity at its finest. A rich mind. A genius scope. And exciting possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Wednesday at 6:12 PM

Look, just because the passable BLUE JASMINE was light-years better than the pure garbage that makes up the rest of Allen's late oeuvre, that's still no need to get your panties in a twist.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Wednesday at 6:15 PM

Cate the cunt played a demented social climber well, I wonder if she just played herself.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Wednesday at 6:16 PM

At least Mel Brooks knew when to quit.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Wednesday at 6:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!