Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Timothée Chalamet thread Part 3

Third thread for future Oscar nominee Timothée Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 55110 hours ago

*Future Oscar winner.

by Anonymousreply 111/29/2017

Part 2

by Anonymousreply 211/29/2017

When will we see Timmy’s dong?

by Anonymousreply 311/29/2017

This weird-faced, over-exposed kid looks like Jennifer Aniston.

If you chop off their hair they'd look like an albino chipmunk.

by Anonymousreply 411/29/2017

R3 One day, not so far away.

by Anonymousreply 511/29/2017

Aw, shit, I can't believe he told the world about that Lil B video. I discovered it a while back and was just about to post it on my Tumblr (now that he's legitimately famous after CMBYN has opened in the US), and he goes and spoils my "scoop". I feel like that reporter who posted "he just tweeted it out" about Trump, haha.

by Anonymousreply 611/29/2017

Sorry I have no patience to watch the whole video. What is this Lil B video business?

by Anonymousreply 711/29/2017

R3 I think Timmy was personally ready to show dong in CMBYN but since Armie didn't want to do it, he abstained. Now that he's becoming famous, who knows when he'll get to do that again. His agent will probably advise against it.

by Anonymousreply 811/29/2017

So, as I asked in the previous thread, can I get a timestamp for his supposed uncomfortable body language when Ellen mentions he's straight? And given his awkward acting anyway, how is this reaction any different from the rest of the interview?

by Anonymousreply 911/29/2017

What is this Lil B video??

by Anonymousreply 1011/29/2017

r7 r10

Go to 16m45s

by Anonymousreply 1111/29/2017

They were both adorable in the Ellen interview.

by Anonymousreply 1211/29/2017

@R11 OMG thanks!

He's a nutter. What's that all about? Timo's such a strange guy (in a good way).

by Anonymousreply 1311/29/2017

He was trying WAY too hard on Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 1411/29/2017

Timmy is pretty intense during interviews. I like it though.

by Anonymousreply 1511/29/2017

Timothee is so awkward but charming. And he appears to be physically incapable of not touching Armie even when it's completely unnecessary. I doubt they're actually attracted to each other but Timo reminds me of those little kids who clumsily hug kittens too tight because they can't handle how cute they are.

by Anonymousreply 1611/29/2017

Isn't this kind of interview scripted?

by Anonymousreply 1711/29/2017

They're more touchy-feely than ever in the interview where their heterosexuality has been clearly stated. Sounds scripted to me.

by Anonymousreply 1811/29/2017

Timmy never clearly stated himself that he is strictly heterosexual. He keeps talking about dating Madonna's daughter but that was ages ago and brief and we never hear him dating anyone else. Though there were some creepy rumors that he had a thing with Kiernan Schipka. Even in this Ellen interview, he never says that Ellen does. He neither denies nor acknowledges it. In fact the only piece where it was touched on his sexuality left the door kind of open. Read below.

by Anonymousreply 1911/29/2017

I like how you think, R19. I think he’s probably Hollywood bi.

by Anonymousreply 2011/29/2017

The fact remains, however, that Ellen labelled him as straight in all likelihood at the behest of PR people working for Tim, and he didn't reject the label. He even thanked her when she said that it was amazing that such a young straight actor could play same-sex attraction so convincingly.

My reading is that he doesn't want to make a big deal of his sexuality because he knows there's criticism around the fact that only straight actors are being hired to play gay/bisexual characters in meaningful movies.

by Anonymousreply 2111/29/2017

R21, what did you expect him to say? Come out? I guess it would make certain gay SJWs happy. But reality is here just got his big break and he is only 21y.o with career ahead of him. Why box yourself.... personally I don't think he is gay. Perhaps bi or undecided at this stage and that's how he acts in most interviews for me.

by Anonymousreply 2211/29/2017

The reference to his (hetero)sexuality was pre-approved, it was part of the loose script that guests and their people are given before going on air. Ellen wouldn't have alluded to it randomly, he knew that an assumption that he's straight would be included and he was okay with it because, well, because he's probably straight. He doesn't want to walk around with a huge "I'M STRAIGHT" sign because there's no need, because it's distasteful and because he's promoting a movie that goes beyond labels in a way (Aciman has repeatedly said he doesn't believe in labels and Tim and Armie have been fed similar notions in that regard) but I suppose that planting the idea that he is, in the end, a heterosexual male was bound to happen sooner or later.

by Anonymousreply 2311/29/2017

I don’t buy that he’s straight. All hip young actors are bi.

by Anonymousreply 2411/29/2017

[quote] I doubt they're actually attracted to each other but Timo reminds me of those little kids who clumsily hug kittens too tight because they can't handle how cute they are.

by Anonymousreply 2511/29/2017

R19 I'm on the same page with you. Some article authors and in Ellen's case, are saying the words, not Timothee. There's a concerted effort to het up an obvious gay young man. It's ironic as he's so proud of CMBYN and his work is so outstanding in this film playing a young man coming to terms with his sexual attraction towards men... or in this case, an intense love affair with a man.

But in all honesty, I do understand the PR line of thinking here. They have a movie to sell, and the climate in Hollywood, esp since Timmy is so young, would not be ideal for him to even admit that he's bi... just open up doors he may not be able to deal with at this time.

by Anonymousreply 2611/29/2017

He clearly wants to be seen as straight, or else he would've contradicted her. So deal with it, and stop your idiotic grasping to try and pretend otherwise. We all know you fraus are going to write your awful fanfic either way.

by Anonymousreply 2711/29/2017

He's one of the gays.

by Anonymousreply 2811/29/2017

Keep your delusions to yourselves please or, at last don't try to pass them off as facts. He dated a girl from his school for a while after Madonna's daughter, nobody has ever seen him dating a guy and he wouldn't have been closeted among his pals at LaGuardia and where he used to socialize. He lives in the East Village, for crying out loud.

Outside your fantasy life, he's fully heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 2911/30/2017

R29, until I see his penis in a vagina, I’m going to assume he’s not heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 3011/30/2017

R29, you're delusional, in denial, and blind. The boy's mannerisms and behavior scream gay, and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

And "dating" Lourdes Leon means nothing, she's a fag hag just like her mother, who is the Queen of Fag Hags.

by Anonymousreply 3111/30/2017

He’d be hot if he’d put some meat on his bones.

by Anonymousreply 3211/30/2017

Meanwhile, this is what one reviewer makes of Chalamet's future prospects:

[quote] Chalamet is magnetic and unpredictable as Elio. Even when Elio is simply listening, he’s fascinating to watch. In 20 seconds of screen time, Chalamet can go from a full, arced-back slouch to a self-assured alertness and then to an arrogantly flirtatious lean, telling the fraught inner story of this character with only a few gestures.

[quote] It’s thrilling to watch this film and realize that the 21-year-old actor will be in many others. I’m looking forward to the era of the Chalamet leading man.

by Anonymousreply 3311/30/2017

I don't care whether he's gay or not, but I sure as fuck don't expect him to come out now, or anytime in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 3411/30/2017

[QUOTE]The boy's mannerisms and behavior scream gay

This is why people hate the fraus on here - and don't even pretend you're a gay man. You're a frau who uses stereotypes that should've been left in the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 3511/30/2017

Tim O'Tay just wins Best Actor at the NYFCC!

by Anonymousreply 3611/30/2017

Our boy is going to win an Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 3711/30/2017

BEST ACTOR: TIMOTHEE CHALAMET / CALL ME BY YOUR NAME #NYFCC

by Anonymousreply 3811/30/2017

Youngest ever to win that category by around 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 3911/30/2017

The Datalounge CMBYN Cyber Stalking Troll is going to make a wet suit out of Chalamet's skin before the actor can win an Oscar.

And I bet Cyber Stalker hasn't even watched Chalamet's award-winning turn in Greta Gerwig's award-winning LADY BIRD yet, because it lives in its mother's basement, doesn't have any money and doesn't care about anything unless it's gay.

by Anonymousreply 4011/30/2017

NYFCC is a tough one to win for any actor, and has a lot of weight. So this puts him very well positioned to fight it over with Oldman.

by Anonymousreply 4111/30/2017

Pleased he's won but still can't get over this.......Timo is so precious

by Anonymousreply 4211/30/2017

I'm afraid Tumblr girls have invaded this thread.

by Anonymousreply 4311/30/2017

Why would you want to "get over this," r42?

by Anonymousreply 4411/30/2017

[quote]Chalamet's award-winning turn in Greta Gerwig's award-winning LADY BIRD

Which award did his turn win?

by Anonymousreply 4511/30/2017

r40, who is your "Cyber Stalker"? (I hope you don't mean me.)

by Anonymousreply 4611/30/2017

@R44 because I can't believe I can be this into a 21-year-old. Me, of all people................

by Anonymousreply 4711/30/2017

Timothee really is a beautiful young man, and he dresses really well. With him winning the NYFCC Best Actor today, I'm hoping he keeps on winning. It will be exciting to see such a young man win the Best Actor Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 4811/30/2017

Timo on James Corden soon.

by Anonymousreply 4911/30/2017

Timo be looking like a SNACC

by Anonymousreply 5011/30/2017

[quote]He was trying WAY too hard on Ellen.

Trying way too hard to what? Let me guess….stay in the closet? Not show the world he’s “At least bi”?

So this kid is this year’s Toothy Tile aka Jake G aka ATJ aka James Franco aka Dave Franco aka (insert young, white, handsome actor here)?

Didn't see this coming....

by Anonymousreply 5112/01/2017

With the danger of sounding like a directioner, I suspect Timmy might be pulling a Harry Styles. Every time 'his team' tried to keep him deep in the closet he came out with some pronouncement that left no doubt as to what way he swung. Timmy seems to be doing the same in the Ellen interview, he's overly touchy-feely; and his body language belies what is said in the interview, either by Ellen about his sexuality or by him.

by Anonymousreply 5212/01/2017

Timmy on James Corden. Boy, he really does have ADD or maybe even something more serious. He reminds of Health Ledger. Hope he doesn't end like him.

by Anonymousreply 5312/01/2017

[QUOTE]he came out with some pronouncement that left no doubt as to what way he swung

You mean aside from not agreeing when she said he was straight?

by Anonymousreply 5412/01/2017

Painfully thin

by Anonymousreply 5512/01/2017

R53 nah, he's just insanely nervous and fidgety. Which is understandable, he's just starting and I think Armie's right when he said Timothee is he most emotionally available person ever. You can tell if he's excited because he's so evidently excited. Same when he's uncomfortable or nervous. To me, that only makes his acting more impressive.

by Anonymousreply 5612/01/2017

R56 it's also dangerous. The profession he's chosen is not the best for 'sensitive' people. He's going to get hurt

by Anonymousreply 5712/01/2017

Hopefully he stays close with Armie because he seems to calm him down a lot and guides him through everything. I think the fact that Timmy always refers to him as a role model highlights that.

by Anonymousreply 5812/01/2017

I hope he gets to eat Armie's peach, R58.

by Anonymousreply 5912/01/2017

[QUOTE]Hopefully he stays close with Armie because he seems to calm him down a lot and guides him through everything

Why don't you want Timothee to have a successful career?

by Anonymousreply 6012/01/2017

R60 LOL

by Anonymousreply 6112/01/2017

His awe of the new circles of artists he’s traveling in is endearing. He’s polite, earnest, humble and thanking his peers suits him well.

So he’s elbows and jitters right now, he knew he had a very large audience. He’s getting the hang of things while the cameras are rolling and it’s entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 6212/01/2017

The funniest thing about his body language is how some posters on here pretend it only existed when Ellen said he was straight. If you accept their version, there was no awkwardness whatsoever except after she said that, then his awkward body language proved to them he disagreed with what she was saying.

He needs media training though. On one hand it's endearing, on the other it's annoying. And the simpletons who make up the majority of the audience will peg him as the weird guy because of it, which will risk him getting typecast by the simpletons in charge in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 6312/01/2017

To clarify, I meant a role model in terms of how to handle promo and so on (although admittedly Hammer has faltered at this in the past week or so), not in terms of acting and getting roles which Chalamet seems to be doing just fine with. And I don't think he'll be typecast as a weird guy at all, he's too good of an actor for it. Any awkwardness completely falls away when he's in character.

by Anonymousreply 6412/01/2017

Timo just starts to appear on those talk shows. He will get used to it eventually.

Besides, his awkwardness is 100% endearing anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6512/01/2017

Indeed. He prefers to reveal the character than himself.

I believe the quote is “I don’t usually talk about these things” while someone was asking about his personal life and relationships.

He’s just not as comfortable with improv moments in talk shows yet. He’ll get the hang, he’s savvy.

by Anonymousreply 6612/01/2017

In his Vulture profile it says that he studied interviews of Lebron James and Jennifer Lawrence to prepare for press. At least he's trying to become media savvy.

by Anonymousreply 6712/01/2017

[QUOTE]And I don't think he'll be typecast as a weird guy at all, he's too good of an actor for it

Because we all know Hollywood is the kind of place where talent always wins out over appearances.

by Anonymousreply 6812/01/2017

R68 This isn't some fairly talented guy we're talking about. Yesterday he became the youngest person ever to win NYFCC Best Actor, by six years. If you look at the list, he's in the company of the biggest acting legends of all time as well as Oscar winners. If he gets nominated for the Oscar, he'll be the youngest person to do so since the 1930s. You really think directors are going to be like, 'well I know he would be able to play this part exceptionally well but he comes across as nervous in interviews so we'd better not'? Besides, by this time next year he'll have already done enough to show his range to Hollywood through his exceptionally different roles in Beautiful Boy, Call Me and Lady Bird.

by Anonymousreply 6912/01/2017

Please. He looks like a young Nancy Kulp.

by Anonymousreply 7012/01/2017

You're really desperate for him to happy, aren't you OP? Are you his agent?

by Anonymousreply 7112/01/2017

to happen

by Anonymousreply 7212/01/2017

Preach R69! Timothee is experiencing a whole new level of stardom in his career, and you're right, a lot of industry people are watching this kid RIGHT now due to his recent NYFCC win and the promos for CMBYN. Timothee has an exciting and long career ahead for him. His cute nervous energy truly is endearing especially during this difficult time in Hollywood with the sexual harassment and abuse. He's a breath of fresh air that we all need and I wish him the best, and I hope he wins the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 7312/01/2017

Is Beautiful Boy going to come out before CMBYN?

by Anonymousreply 7412/01/2017

Beautiful? In what alternate universe is he beautiful??

by Anonymousreply 7512/01/2017

R71 He's already happened. Sorry.

R74 No. At least in North America.

by Anonymousreply 7612/01/2017

In the universe, r75, where your taste is in your ass, i.e., the one we live in today.

by Anonymousreply 7712/01/2017

R69 Because every actor who's ever won awards has always gone on to have a massively successful career, right? And no, I don't think directors would think that, but I absolutely do think that executives would - and they're the ones in control, there are very few directors who can overpower studio demands now.

I really don't get why you're acting as if his future success is assured. It's fucking Hollywood, the weirdest and dumbest reasons have derailed careers. These fangirl types are the worst, you can only cope with positive stuff being said, even neutral stuff is too much for you to handle it seems.

by Anonymousreply 7812/01/2017

[QUOTE]Beautiful? In what alternate universe is he beautiful??

Come on, above the neck he’s damn near perfect (unless you just don’t like brunettes).

But it’s his scrawny concentration camp body that ruins it for me.

by Anonymousreply 7912/01/2017

Manorexia much, R79?

by Anonymousreply 8012/01/2017

[QUOTE]Come on, above the neck he’s damn near perfect (unless you just don’t like brunettes).

Only with the right hair. His times with short hair - not so much

by Anonymousreply 8112/01/2017

He's just a little awkward on interviews. What's all the fuss about, seriously?

by Anonymousreply 8212/01/2017

R74 Beautiful Boy will be positioned for next year's award season, providing it's good. It has a lot going for it (Amazon, Plan B, cast, subject matter, screenwriter). Only iffy thing if the director.

R78 I mean, most of the people on that list of NYFCC winners have had success yes. Studio execs aren't going to be the people in control for the type of roles Chalamet is going for, small indies. I never said his success was assured, but the idea that because he's nervous in interviews, people are gonna disregard his talent and major success in such a short amount of time which is almost unprecedented for a young male actor is ridiculous.

R81 Eh, he hasn't had that hair since he reached adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 8312/01/2017

R81, But he doesn’t look like that anymore so what’s the point in bringing it up? I wasn’t attracted to him back then either—cause he was a fucking child.

by Anonymousreply 8412/01/2017

He's 21 now, BFSH r84. Let your sphincter go.

by Anonymousreply 8512/01/2017

Wow, there's some serious hypersensitivity about his looks in this thread. Are you actually all tween girls or something?

[QUOTE]But he doesn’t look like that anymore so what’s the point in bringing it up?

His face is basically the same. My point was he needs to have the right hairstyle to bring him up to beautiful. And given he's an actor, and that means not being in full control of his hair, that will mean his level of beauty may be extremely variable. Unless you're him, why are you getting this defensive about it?

by Anonymousreply 8612/01/2017

Oh, meant to add

[QUOTE]I wasn’t attracted to him back then either—cause he was a fucking child

He was 19 when that photo was taken.

by Anonymousreply 8712/01/2017

R85 what the fuck are you whining about? I know how old he is.

by Anonymousreply 8812/01/2017

I'm whining, R88? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 8912/01/2017

[QUOTE]He was 19 when that photo was taken.

But that was his adolescent style. He had it since he arrived on the scene. It wasn’t until he changed that he became “adult” Timo.

by Anonymousreply 9012/01/2017

He is so odd looking...not ugly, but to me, not beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 9112/01/2017

I hope you stretched before reaching like that, R90.

But thank you for, in a roundabout way, agreeing with my point that with short hair he's rather unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 9212/01/2017

[QUOTE]His face is basically the same. My point was he needs to have the right hairstyle to bring him up to beautiful.

Who the fuck doesn’t? You think Cindy Crawford would be beautiful if she cut her hair short and dyed it red with a mohawk in spikes?

by Anonymousreply 9312/01/2017

R86 It's like..... the beauty is subjective.

by Anonymousreply 9412/01/2017

He is the American Cillian Murphy but like Cillian, he'll never be a star.

by Anonymousreply 9512/01/2017

R93 I guess it depends if that was her "adolescent style" or not. It's hilarious how wound up you're getting over this and how massively over-the-top your reactions are. God I hope his next role calls for a buzz cut, just to watch you have a breakdown.

R94 Precisely, but these fan girls don't understand subjectivity.

by Anonymousreply 9612/01/2017

As he gets older, he might look better with short hair. And remember that all short haircuts aren’t the same. If he had the sides faded and kept it medium length and wavy up top, maybe it would work. Just because the particular length and cut in the pic you posted isn’t for him doesn’t mean that various other styles won’t either.

by Anonymousreply 9712/01/2017

When did he film Beautiful Boy? He plays a drug addict in that -- might not the long hair and the thinness have been for that? Not that he's ever not been thin but he did seem a little thinner than usual

by Anonymousreply 9812/01/2017

I'd like to see him with short hair again, actually.

Anyway, he's an actor, not an idol. And he's very committed to his roles. Maybe he'll do physical transformations, like Christian Bale.

by Anonymousreply 9912/01/2017

R98 From March to May this year. He says he lost 20 pounds for it, although I find that kind of hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 10012/01/2017

Variety's Actors on Actors with Kaluuya.

by Anonymousreply 10112/01/2017

[quote]Maybe he'll do physical transformations, like Christian Bale.

I hope not. That didn't work out so well for McConaghey or, to a lesser extent, Jake.

by Anonymousreply 10212/01/2017

He reminds me of the young Barbra Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 10312/01/2017

R101 jeez that Kaluuya guy is so arrogant. The conversation they had wasn't like a proper dialogue but a contest.

by Anonymousreply 10412/01/2017

he's more feminine than an Ungaro frock. And looks like he hasn't had solid food since 2010. He'll never be leading material in the USA, I see maybe some other twee euro movie in his future. Then he'll play the inevitable trans character. Then a tv show if he's lucky.

by Anonymousreply 10512/01/2017

I really think he's taking drugs — too skinny, too antsy

by Anonymousreply 10612/01/2017

Sigh. Just because a person is skinny doesn't mean they're unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 10712/01/2017

True. But this time he looks unhealthy

by Anonymousreply 10812/01/2017

He was amazing in the film. Hope he’s nominated for or an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 10912/01/2017

Judging by old photos it seems like he's always been really skinny, he's probably naturally skinny. He's tall (which makes him look even skinnier) but he's tiny. Very narrow shoulders. Maybe he'll put on some weight when he's older, but he doesn't look unhealthy to me. As for drugs, I commented about it before, I think he's just extremely nervous. He seems like an extroverted guy who gets shy about it. He doesn't strike me as the type to do much other than smoking a lot of weed (which I feel is probably one of the things he and Armie bonded over)

by Anonymousreply 11012/01/2017

The shills are working overtime for this run-of-the-mill film. God's Own Country is a much better gay film, by miles.

by Anonymousreply 11112/01/2017

No one gives a fuck about Dull's Own Dullsville.

by Anonymousreply 11212/01/2017

R112 Yeah, you're one of the basic people who thinks Call Me By Your Name is an independent film and you fall for all the "critical" hype, brought on by the movies own PR system.

by Anonymousreply 11312/01/2017

R111 R113 Stop crying.

by Anonymousreply 11412/01/2017

R114 That's like telling you to stop being stupid.

by Anonymousreply 11512/01/2017

R115 That doesn't even make sense.

by Anonymousreply 11612/01/2017

He's at two showings tonight. One at the arclight Hollywood and one at the landmark.

by Anonymousreply 11712/01/2017

Is the director of God's Own Country also a shill that has been paid for by the PR system?

'If anyone is interested, these are 4 of my favourite performances of the year - and I should admit I'm VERY biased about two of them...'

by Anonymousreply 11812/01/2017

Bitch please R111, you're the shill, no one is talking about God's Country and that upsets you.

by Anonymousreply 11912/01/2017

R112 Dull's Own Dullsville.

Yeah, you're the one with insurmountable wit.

R119 Basic speaketh.

by Anonymousreply 12012/01/2017

The worry thing for Timothee is there's a massive pile of shit hanging over him right now, shaped like Woody Allen. He keeps putting off commenting about the Woody Allen film saying stuff along the lines of "it's absolutely something that needs to be talked about, but I'm here for Call Me By Your Name". Once the CMBYN promo period is over, he's going to need to have a really good answer to the Woody question - and frankly I'm not sure there is one.

by Anonymousreply 12112/01/2017

The Allen film doesn't seem like the type that will be pushed for awards so it will probably one of his Summer releases. So in 6 months or so he'll get asked about it, make a comment, get dragged by the internet for a few days and then a few months later he'll start Beautiful Boy promo and it will be basically forgotten except for by those who visit the OTT 'your fave is problematic' types. The same that happens with everyone that works with him.

by Anonymousreply 12212/01/2017

"The Allen film doesn't seem like the type that will be pushed for awards"

And rightly so. I think Allen's people might be afraid that promoting it so strongly at this point in time could dredge up some unwanted attention, especially with the Harvey and Spacey fiasco going on.

by Anonymousreply 12312/01/2017

R121, what is he supposed to say about Woody? He’s at the beginning of his career and isn’t in the position to turn down jobs. Established actors like Kate Winslet are the ones who should be talking about Woody.

by Anonymousreply 12412/02/2017

Why would he turn down the chance to work on a Woody Allen movie?

by Anonymousreply 12512/02/2017

i love how american SJW keep pushing the "Woody Allen is a monster and you have to JUSTIFY yourself for working with him" while the rest of the universe couldn't give a less of a shit. Mental illness is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 12612/02/2017

Seriously, R126? That's why people assume TO'T would refuse to be in a movie? Muy retahded.

by Anonymousreply 12712/02/2017

He’d be hot if he wasn’t so anorexic. Someone make this boy a sammich.

by Anonymousreply 12812/02/2017

Anyone see him last night at one of the two theaters? Was Luca obnoxious?

by Anonymousreply 12912/02/2017

If Roman Polanski wanted him for a movie, he'd sign up without hesitation.

by Anonymousreply 13012/02/2017

R130 And I'm OK with that. I can separate the artist from the art.

by Anonymousreply 13112/02/2017

R121, why should this young actor be burdened with inappropriate questions about working with Woody Allen? Maybe when the time comes, he'll just mention what a great learning experience it was working with his co-stars, etc. He owes no one an explanation for working with Woody Allen. It's done, the work is complete. He'll probably do the bare minimum promotion for it and go on to his next job.

by Anonymousreply 13212/02/2017

R129, I'm going to the Landmark Q&A tonight. Really looking forward to it. From what I saw of other Q&As with Luca, he wasn't obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 13312/02/2017

R132? Inappropriate questions? Anyone who works with him after Dylan wrote that open letter needs to justify their decision. And given the fact he's saying "it's worthy of a discussion" at least Timothee understands that, rather than ridiculously acting like questioning anyone working with him is out of line.

by Anonymousreply 13412/02/2017

Like the director I’m not into the reductive identity politics that, say, insist tranny characters must be played by trannys, gays characters by gays, but it’s notable that both these actors are of Jewish heritage playing the same. Coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 13512/02/2017

R134, well, when the time comes and if Timothee feels like responding to such a question and providing an answer suitable to you, I'm sure you'll be relieved. Meanwhile, like others have said, a 20 year old taking on a job with Allen at the start of their career is an opportunity one would say no to.

by Anonymousreply 13612/02/2017

- one would say no to.

One would NOT say no to.

by Anonymousreply 13712/02/2017

Some of the successful and working actors I've known are just as high strung as TC seems to be, so his nervousness could just be from this. I do worry about him getting mixed up with and buried by drugs (Mary! I know), because he seems incredibly sensitive. I hope he has a strong support system.

by Anonymousreply 13812/02/2017

R138, he appears to have his mom around a lot, and some other matronly looking woman as his minder. His agent is a married gay man. I think Timmy has a strong support system, and also, he's a very bright and enlightened young man. He'll be ok.

by Anonymousreply 13912/02/2017

Poor Timothee. He forgets to take HIMSELF out of the description about what CMBYN is about. Read what he says. The boy is in love with Armie Hammer.

He needs more coaching about how he talks about the movie. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 14012/02/2017

If Armie had Luca's personality, Tim would be in love with him for sure. I don't buy that he loves Armie because he's too much of a Lee Remick stuffy East Coast type. He has no sensuality. His dancing stinks, his line readings are all monotone.

by Anonymousreply 14112/02/2017

The only thing CMBYN was missing was a Phyllis Hyman song over the end credits.

by Anonymousreply 14212/02/2017

[quote]Anyone who works with him after Dylan wrote that open letter

Dylan who?

What "open letter"?

Not everyone crawls up the ass of every famous person the way you do.

by Anonymousreply 14312/02/2017

Dylan was horribly abused as a child. By Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 14412/02/2017

R143 How terrible for you, seemingly living in a world without Google

by Anonymousreply 14512/02/2017

R145 thought I actually wanted to know about Dylan and his open letter.

by Anonymousreply 14612/02/2017

For a male lead (at least *masculine*one ) he’s distinctly lacking in the lower third of his face. Though I can imagine the appeal to a certain type of young highly-strung , thwarted and/or inexperienced female — who probably also made moon-eyes at her female teacher as she declaimed the poetry of Sylvia Plath

by Anonymousreply 14712/02/2017

He’s engaging, curious and sharp with a good work ethic. His looks are not for everyone, whose are ? He has a friendly demeanor, reveals enough to keep me menatally intrigued and is good at what he does. Particularly enjoy the interviews regarding his methods and approach to the work.

by Anonymousreply 14812/02/2017

^ mentally

by Anonymousreply 14912/02/2017

R148 Indeed. That's why he's a DL favorite.

by Anonymousreply 15012/02/2017

Oh please, he's a DL favourite because he's publicly straight but in a gay film, so the typical lot can speculate about him being in the closet. If he did come out as gay, it'd be very interesting to see how many of you still are so enraptured by his talent.

This isn't a knock on his talent in any way. But let's not pretend the majority of DL gives a damn about talent.

by Anonymousreply 15112/02/2017

Go craniorectal, R151. It's a good look on you.

by Anonymousreply 15212/02/2017

R151 if it’s me R148 you’re speaking to, I have no illusions I’ll be getting in his pants anytime soon. Also not interested in tedious is he/isn’t he discussions. Love of film is what I’m about, how actors get chosen for and flesh out characters for a role. I don’t have to want to have sex with Tom Cruise to love sci-fi, thank the gods. Same holds true for all actors, in my case.

by Anonymousreply 15312/02/2017

R153 If none of what I said applied to you, one would think you'd just ignore it and assume I was talking about other posters.

by Anonymousreply 15412/02/2017

R153 Indeed, I could have. This thread however, needed a shot of realism.

by Anonymousreply 15512/02/2017

I think Timothee is in the right position after CMBYN to do a lot for the image of gays onscreen. If he made a lot of movies over the next few years where he has explicit gay sex on screen, with his stardom it could go a long way toward showing mainstream audiences the beauty of it. Timothee is the only actor with this advantage and I hope he takes it

by Anonymousreply 15612/02/2017

If he really is straight, it takes a lot of guts at his age to do those love scenes with Armie, especially when he was clearly the 'female' of the two and, for all intents and purposes, was the one being made love to by the man. To my mind, only a homosexual youth would be secure playing out such a scenario.

by Anonymousreply 15712/02/2017

What?! @R156 LOL

by Anonymousreply 15812/02/2017

Or a bi R157?

by Anonymousreply 15912/02/2017

[QUOTE]especially when he was clearly the 'female' of the two

Oh fuck off with that "female" bullshit

by Anonymousreply 16012/02/2017

r157 Thats why Timothee needs to make more movies where hes in really explicit sex scenes with males. He's the only actor now who could make that mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 16112/02/2017

You mean showing his dong?

by Anonymousreply 16212/02/2017

r162 Yes. and doing everything with it that he can do either by himself or with other men. After the breakthrough of CMBYN Timothee could have his pick of any other young actor to partner with sexually on screen. Mainstream audiences would start to appreciate the beauty of something most of them have probably never seen before.

by Anonymousreply 16312/02/2017

He's not going to take on a lot of gay roles, even if he was gay in real life because he'll just get typecast. However, if Dolan casts him it wouldn't surprise me if the character was bi/gay. And he has the CMBYN sequels which may involve more explicit scenes as he gets older and more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 16412/02/2017

He doesnt have to play gay characters all the time. He could play str8 boys introduced to gay sex. As long as gay sex on screen is made mainstream, it doesn't matter if Timothee's characters are gay bi or str8.

by Anonymousreply 16512/02/2017

the discussions about gay sex scenes with this guy who looks 11 are soooo creepy... put yourself together, DL.

by Anonymousreply 16612/02/2017

Except then he'd be gay, R165.

by Anonymousreply 16712/02/2017

Hey R153, see these most recent posts? These are the posters I was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 16812/02/2017

R166 Pull yourself together more like, he's 22 in less than a month and has already done gay and straight sex scenes and I'm sure has more than enough sex in real life too. If you think he looks 11, then I suggest getting your eyes checked.

by Anonymousreply 16912/02/2017

^only a crazy person would think this guy looks like a randy, horny, young man. He looks like someone who has yet to discover the joy of jerking off.

by Anonymousreply 17012/02/2017

Wait, he's done a gay sex scene?

by Anonymousreply 17112/02/2017

Wow - r170 must be 100 years old.

by Anonymousreply 17212/02/2017

i'm 40. and this Timotee guy gives me the creep. I cant believe you find him hot. ewww.

by Anonymousreply 17312/02/2017

Yes, R151 thank you. I see them and disengage.

Like all actors, he’ll bite on parts that resonate with him in some way. Either by provoking an aspect of acting previously unexplored, a killer script, director whose work he is fond of, etc... It will be interesting to see how his career plays out in the future, after awards season.

by Anonymousreply 17412/02/2017

[QUOTE]and this Timotee guy gives me the creep

So why are you in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 17512/02/2017

R170 Except TimO'Tay is naughty AF

by Anonymousreply 17612/02/2017

because i'm fascinated by mental illness, R175

by Anonymousreply 17712/02/2017

r167 Not if he was in a comedy where he plays a str8 boy who finds himself in a nudist camp for a whole summer that's populated by older gay men, for example. There would be a lot of opportunities for sex scenes with Timothee, and I think mainstream audiences would grow to appreciate what theyre seeing eventually.

by Anonymousreply 17812/02/2017

@R178 LOL! You're trolling right?

by Anonymousreply 17912/02/2017

He's so lovely and unrestrained. I like how the audience actually aw'd.

by Anonymousreply 18012/02/2017

R179 in another thread that poster describes Bryan Singer as beautiful and says he's being punished for him being attracted to "true beauty" so draw your own conclusions

by Anonymousreply 18112/02/2017

Theatre gays are in love with Timmy. Recent tweets:

Ben Platt - As expected @RealChalamet is absolutely astounding in @CMBYNFilm. Nuanced and captivating and everything in between. Consider me your biggest fan and first in line to play your waiter or your barista or something in your next film.

Taylor Trensch - Taylor Chalamet. Taylor Chalamet-Trensch. Taylor Trensch-Chalamet.

Gideon Glick - I pledge allegiance to the flag of Timothée Chalamet.

Poor Beanie Feldstein must be inundated with requests for his number.

by Anonymousreply 18212/02/2017

I bet Ben and Timmy will fuck.

by Anonymousreply 18312/02/2017

Platt is just so embarrassingly thirsty. I know this is news to no-one. And only if Timothee loses his eyesight, R183

by Anonymousreply 18412/02/2017

Timpthees body is the new standard for male beauty in movies. We will see more of it.

by Anonymousreply 18512/02/2017

If Timmy still hasn't had sex with a guy, I think he'll try it eventually. I wonder what type of man he'd go for.

by Anonymousreply 18612/02/2017

Timothee is naturally homosexual. I feel he only goes for men of quality

by Anonymousreply 18712/02/2017

If he's remotely into guys then I'm sure he's already tried it. Grew up in a very liberal, accepting family and environment. Went to theatre school. Spent a Summer making out with a naked Armie Hammer. If he hasn't figured out that he's into men yet then he probably isn't.

by Anonymousreply 18812/02/2017

r188 lol was just about to say that. The kid had Armie Hammer between his legs for two months. If he is into men, he probably figured out then.

by Anonymousreply 18912/02/2017

So, apparently "Family dinner" with the Hammer-Chambers includes Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 19012/02/2017

Armie doesn't know when to shut his big mouth does he?

by Anonymousreply 19112/02/2017

R191 Wrong thread? also livejournal

by Anonymousreply 19212/02/2017

This person went to the Landmark thing. Lol at Timmy's mention of the make make out rehearsal "getting steamy" and wanting to "crawl all over" Armie/Oliver

by Anonymousreply 19312/02/2017

I saw Luca and Timmy at tonight's Q&A at The Landmark. Luca mentioned about his excitement to continue the story some point in the future and he envisions more love scene moments between Oliver and Elio. Oliver may be a professor at some college and Elio comes to visit.

Timothee is absolutely gorgeous... for an almost 22 year old kid. Very thin, but a healthy thin. Very delicate looking too. At the end of the Q&A, security/minders wisked Timmy off pretty quickly. Maybe one or two fans got an autograph, but security got him out quickly. Luca stayed for a few moments and signed autographs, took pictures and answered questions. I got an autograph, he's really cool.

I love this movie and I hope Timothee continues to win critics awards because they are a good sign for him to actually win the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 19412/02/2017

R194 That's great to hear. As for critics awards, LAFCA announces today. Hopefully Timo wins again.

by Anonymousreply 19512/02/2017

#LAFCA Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet, CALL ME BY YOUR NAME.

YES, Lill Timmy Tim. On his way to the Kodak stage!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19612/03/2017

R196 Yes!! Sweeping critics awards!

by Anonymousreply 19712/03/2017

I was just chastised over on Armie's thread, I'll express my enthusiasm here instead...

WOOOOOOOO GO TIMMY!!!!! Boy's killing the game!!

by Anonymousreply 19812/03/2017

He'll be the youngest actor ever to win Best Lead Actor at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 19912/03/2017

You're doing amazing sweetie

by Anonymousreply 20012/03/2017

[quote]I was just chastised over on Armie's thread

For what?

by Anonymousreply 20112/03/2017

On twitter, half of his fans seem to be Brazilian twinks. He's big in Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 20212/03/2017

[R201] I'm not sure I linked that right, but for being excited about Timmy's win lol 'You do know there's a thread for Timothee right?'.

Perhaps chastise was a bit strong, can't help being excited!! He's doing so fucking well.

by Anonymousreply 20312/03/2017

Every white moderately famous and attractive person is big in Brazil and Japan.

Also, go Timmy! At this point the Oscar nom, at least, is pretty much a sure thing, I think.

by Anonymousreply 20412/03/2017

I can understand their POV, R203. I'd rather not read about Armie here.

by Anonymousreply 20512/03/2017

r202

Tbf, half of [italic]everybody's[/italic] fans are Brazilian twinks (or Brazilian teen girls).

by Anonymousreply 20612/03/2017

R205 true true, things are always on the brink of war over there. This thread is far more chill, probs because Timmy knows when to be quiet. And when he's not quiet he's cute and endearingly awkward.

by Anonymousreply 20712/03/2017

Brazilians love white twinks

by Anonymousreply 20812/03/2017

R207 I thought the same thing. This thread feels more mature for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 20912/03/2017

I think we can all agree on Timmy being a brilliant actor here, no one can agree on anything in Armie's thread.

by Anonymousreply 21012/03/2017

Perhaps a strange question this. Timothee does seem the type to somewhat wear his heart on his sleeve and let his enthusiasm take over - has this ever gone the other way? Like have any subjects come up where he responded with anger or dislike, etc?

by Anonymousreply 21112/03/2017

R211, not yet. But give it, some time.

by Anonymousreply 21212/03/2017

The only thing I can think of is during the Andy Cohen radio show when Andy bought up his ex and Timmy said 'I don't usually talk about this stuff' but then he laughed it off and was a really good sport about it. Haven't ever seen a retaliation like Armie though, but then no one has targeted Timmy like they have Armie.

by Anonymousreply 21312/03/2017

r213, I think people automatically know not to attack somebody when they really do have genuine talent. People like Armie are easier targets because you just know they only got where they are based on looks and no ability.

by Anonymousreply 21412/03/2017

R214 I don't think Armie has no ability, I think Timmy's ability surpasses Armie's. I agree though, if people shit on Timmy the world would come for them because he's doing so well at such a young age (award wise), he's talented, he's a media sweetheart blah blah. Whereas shitting on Armie elicits strong opinions from both sides of the war.

by Anonymousreply 21512/03/2017

[QUOTE]if people shit on Timmy the world would come for them

There's plenty of people shitting on him, most of the ONTD commenters hate him (quelle surprise). Or did you just mean on here?

by Anonymousreply 21612/03/2017

CALL ME BY MY RAP NAME

by Anonymousreply 21712/03/2017

I'm not taking ONTD commenters seriously because they're over there dissecting the James Corden interview and comparing Corden to Winnie The Pooh. Much more civilised over here where we at least focus on Timmy, the bicycle seat boy. That was a joke don't come for me, I like his face.

by Anonymousreply 21812/03/2017

R217 Is he wearing a diaper under those shorts or something.

[QUOTE]comparing Corden to Winnie The Pooh

How fucking dare they, Winnie the Pooh is nothing like that talentless fat fuck

by Anonymousreply 21912/03/2017

R219 Nuh uh, as a british person I will not condone shitting on James Corden. I thought this was a shit free zone where we focus on loving Timmy

by Anonymousreply 22012/03/2017

I'm British, R220, and fuck him. He's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 22112/03/2017

I'm British too and I can't fucking stand James Corden. It thrilled me to bits that he was dumped on the Yanks. Keep him.

by Anonymousreply 22212/03/2017

Not Gavin & Stacey fans then? Fair enough.

by Anonymousreply 22312/03/2017

lol R220 is literally the first British person I've ever seen defend James Corden

by Anonymousreply 22412/03/2017

I'm not here trying to suck Corden's ass but I can appreciate a British person going to the states and making a decent name for themselves. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 22512/03/2017

You presumably like Piers Morgan for the same reason then, r225?

by Anonymousreply 22612/03/2017

Nah screw that he's a dickhead

by Anonymousreply 22712/03/2017

I just found this on another thread and though you guys might like it

by Anonymousreply 22812/03/2017

The peach is coming.

by Anonymousreply 22912/03/2017

I'm really happy that Timothee won the LAFCC for Best Actor, this is a particularly tough critics group. This and the NYFCC is closer sign that he will not only get an Oscar nom, but his chances has increased significantly to win it.

No one is talking about Oldman anymore.

by Anonymousreply 23012/03/2017

I was never talking about Oldman, R230. Not in any decade, any movie, any year.

by Anonymousreply 23112/04/2017

R230 Stat from other site.

[bold] Every actor that won both LAFCA and NYFCC ended up getting nominated, and 12 of them ended up winning the Oscar. [/bold]

Yeah, things are getting even better for Timo. I'm not holding my breath though.

by Anonymousreply 23212/04/2017

R232 Oh, I forget.. It's on Best Actor category and they have matched 18 times in the past.

by Anonymousreply 23312/04/2017

r217, the fuck was that

by Anonymousreply 23412/04/2017

Did Timo move to LA? There were some (lovely) pap shots of him looking happy in Beverly Hills yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 235Last Tuesday at 12:13 AM

Big surprise: Chalamet didn't have an apartment to himself in NY. So mommy and daddy could dish out to send him to famed La Guardia high school, but couldn't help him to get his own place?

My other point is, I am guessing who made him do it....and for all those who come up with lame excuses: the lure of HW, the weather......

by Anonymousreply 236Last Tuesday at 12:24 AM

Now I am genuinely wondering if he's living with the Hammers. That would explain his presence at their "family dinners"...

by Anonymousreply 237Last Tuesday at 12:42 AM

And also, if Armie did stay with him those times in NY, he must have really wanted to spend time with Tim if he was willing to also stay with those other random kids.

by Anonymousreply 238Last Tuesday at 12:48 AM

bloody hell, do we really think they're living together now too?

by Anonymousreply 239Last Tuesday at 1:05 AM

"living" might not be the appropriate word. But I think he could be staying with them for now. Hence the tagging along to family things.

by Anonymousreply 240Last Tuesday at 1:21 AM

They're spending an inordinate amount of time together and Timo has been seen walking around in Beverly Hills, which is more the Hammers territory (they live in Holmby Hills, dont they) than a hip and fun place for a 21-year-old New Yorker. I'd say he's staying at their home for sure, and maybe househunting to find a place of his own.

by Anonymousreply 241Last Tuesday at 1:38 AM

This is so happy families it's kind of creepy. I love it though ngl

by Anonymousreply 242Last Tuesday at 2:22 AM

He talked about where he lives in this interview, also.

[quote] He’s living in the East Village, and shares a former tenement apartment with two roommates. He’s been pondering getting his own place.

by Anonymousreply 243Last Tuesday at 2:37 AM

One of his former roommates posted on IG the other day that Tim has just moved out.

by Anonymousreply 244Last Tuesday at 2:41 AM

Do you think if Timothee wins an oscar he'll have the clout to make movies with non stop gay sex in them?

by Anonymousreply 245Last Tuesday at 3:20 AM

you mean porn ?

by Anonymousreply 246Last Tuesday at 3:32 AM

It makes perfect sense for a 21 year old dude to share a large expensive apartment in NYC. Now that he's on the cusp of manhood and getting his first Oscar, it's better that he lives in LA to be closer to the studio sets... and his new life time buddy pal Armie and his family.

by Anonymousreply 247Last Tuesday at 5:16 AM

I'm sure he sleeps spooning between Armie and Elizabeth

(Armie in front of him and Liz in the back wearing the strap-on, obviously)

by Anonymousreply 248Last Tuesday at 5:21 AM

He's moved to a new apartment in New York City, though, alone. He said that in an interview not long ago and his friend (and former roommate) confirmed it. He's not permanently living in L.A. although it seems hard to believe because he's always there.

by Anonymousreply 249Last Tuesday at 5:27 AM

Just read that LA Times article on Timmy. He's extremely intelligent and mature for his age. He comes from a showbiz family, so he knows exactly what he's doing to get the career he wants. I'm very impressed.

by Anonymousreply 250Last Tuesday at 5:29 AM

He looks so good here

by Anonymousreply 251Last Tuesday at 5:29 AM

Do I travel for 4 hours to go and watch this movie tomorrow? I've been on the fence all day about it.

by Anonymousreply 252Last Tuesday at 6:52 AM

R252, absolutely!

by Anonymousreply 253Last Tuesday at 8:03 AM

NO, r252, wait for the DVD.

by Anonymousreply 254Last Tuesday at 8:39 AM

Do we know when the DVD is coming out?

by Anonymousreply 255Last Tuesday at 8:40 AM

early in 2018. Watch it in the privacy of your own home, do you really intend to wack one off in a dark theatre?

by Anonymousreply 256Last Tuesday at 8:43 AM

R255 Better to watch in a theater.

by Anonymousreply 257Last Tuesday at 8:46 AM

Wasn't planning on doing any whacking, just wanted to enjoy the art y'know. Read the book last week and can't get the damn story out of my mind. Could give less of a shit about the drama surrounding the actors, but I guess i'm in the wrong place to go looking for film reviews.

by Anonymousreply 258Last Tuesday at 8:47 AM

R258 Then, you better go watch it ASAP

by Anonymousreply 259Last Tuesday at 8:56 AM

it's SO not worth a 4 hour drive. Are you crazy? What if you get into an accident? Will it have been worth it for a fucking movie when you're in hospital paralysed?

by Anonymousreply 260Last Tuesday at 8:56 AM

One wonders how r260 manages to get up out of bed in the morning (not that I would drive four hours to see a movie, either).

by Anonymousreply 261Last Tuesday at 9:08 AM

Firstly, I was going to get a train.

Secondly, R260 are you scared of your own shadow? Christ.

I am seriously conflicted. If I watch it, maybe I'll get over this slight addiction I've developed. Versus maybe I'll be more obsessed? Ugh. I'm an idiot who missed the screenings near me and the only ones still around are London (but only for the rest of the week). What if Friday comes and I miss the opportunity. Life is hard man.

by Anonymousreply 262Last Tuesday at 9:18 AM

R252 please go see it. This film should be screen in the theater screen with like minded cinephiles. You won't regret it. Make the 4 hour trip a fun day trip. Ignore the haters, you will love the film.

Have a safe journey and enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 263Last Tuesday at 9:23 AM

R262 Yes, you'll be obsessed with Timothée.

by Anonymousreply 264Last Tuesday at 9:24 AM

Oops, - film should be SEEN in the theater screen with like minded....

And R262 is correct, you'll become smitten with Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 265Last Tuesday at 9:26 AM

I'm already smitten with Timothee and I still haven't seen it.

by Anonymousreply 266Last Tuesday at 9:29 AM

You only live once. You want to see it that badly to entertain a 4 hour journey then do it. I think it's overhyped myself. I saw it and I was waiting to see why it received this rapturous praise and as the film went on I never understood the accolade. It's perfectly serviceable and  Timothee does a wonderful job but the film itself is so slight. Guadagnino is more in love with scenery than he is characters.

by Anonymousreply 267Last Tuesday at 9:44 AM

Fucking sold. See you in London lads!

by Anonymousreply 268Last Tuesday at 10:06 AM

If you need to ask others, that suggests that you don't really want to see it that badly and instead need to be convinced by others. So there's your answer

by Anonymousreply 269Last Tuesday at 10:06 AM

Excellent R268! You will not be disappointed! Please share your thoughts as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 270Last Tuesday at 10:27 AM

This fucking thread. So, his ex-roommate says he moved out (I note how you just ignore the fact that a second female roommate was also mentioned as moving out at the same time), and there's some pics of Timothee in LA and you're ready to declare he MUST be living with the Hammers? You don't think the photos of him in LA might be related to, oh I don't know, the appearances at the Arclight and Landmark which were mentioned in this very thread?!

by Anonymousreply 271Last Tuesday at 11:03 AM

R271 do not kill the fantasy. No one said we were sane.

by Anonymousreply 272Last Tuesday at 11:42 AM

He's moved to a new apartment where he's alone, this has been mentioned before, so the fact that another roommate moved out as well is of no particular interest to us.

by Anonymousreply 273Last Tuesday at 12:27 PM

I'm aware of that R273, I mentioned it in reference to how those saying he's living with Armie were selectively choosing the "evidence" they were basing their claims on.

by Anonymousreply 274Last Tuesday at 12:32 PM

He lives with Armie because he loves the homosex. He will always live with Armie.

by Anonymousreply 275Last Tuesday at 12:45 PM

If only he could get homosex with someone other than Armie...hmm...

by Anonymousreply 276Last Tuesday at 1:10 PM

Living alone is so convenient for when he receives those visits from Armie

by Anonymousreply 277Last Tuesday at 1:46 PM

If he actually is gay and his taste in men runs so generic that he's into Armie I'll be massively disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 278Last Tuesday at 1:48 PM

R278 yeah, it's not like a lot of us DL gays would fuck Armie anyway lol

by Anonymousreply 279Last Tuesday at 2:10 PM

I don't believe Armie is gay. I think he did CMBYN to get industry credibility, because a straight jock doing a gay movie gives him indie points.

by Anonymousreply 280Last Tuesday at 2:28 PM

Not everything is so clear-cut R280 it's not only straight or gay, there are so many shades of grey.

by Anonymousreply 281Last Tuesday at 2:31 PM

r277, time for Timmy to buy some Phyllis Hyman records

by Anonymousreply 282Last Tuesday at 2:31 PM

I remember Armie saying something like there were things he went through while filming cmbyn that he doesn't feel like sharing publicly that make me think he's not entirely straight. I think he's been the dumb straight jock with conservative nutjob parents for so long he probably never got an actual chance to kiss a few boys and figure out if he was into it. And then, at 30, he's in Italy in an extremely liberal and relaxed environment, with an "Artist" (who says he needs to feel the desire to fuck his actors to cast them) as a director, an attractive young male co-star and no one to tell him what a Armie Hammer shouldn't do. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he eventually admitted he did some questioning about his sexuality with this shoot.

by Anonymousreply 283Last Tuesday at 2:43 PM

R283 For sure. This was definitely an exploration kind of role for him. He's played gay in the past but that face smash kiss with Leo for example was hardly the right moment to feel out if he was into guys. He saw the opportunity and he took it. What's the general consensus here, bi?

by Anonymousreply 284Last Tuesday at 2:49 PM

For some reason, some people, even before CMBYN and not fangirls either, tend to think he is bi. It's very strange. The rumours started as a result of his film with DiCaprio

by Anonymousreply 285Last Tuesday at 3:08 PM

I'd love to believe otherwise, if only to entertain the vaguest hope (lmao I know) but I can only see Hammer as straight. However, he probably loves how much gay men lust after him.

by Anonymousreply 286Last Tuesday at 3:28 PM

[QUOTE]I remember Armie saying something like there were things he went through while filming cmbyn that he doesn't feel like sharing publicly that make me think he's not entirely straight

Yeah, that's called marketing bullshit. Because if it really was something he didn't want to share publicly, he wouldn't even mention it in the first place. He just trying to create speculation to add to the marketing.

by Anonymousreply 287Last Tuesday at 3:37 PM

If it was any other celebrity I would agree, but Armie has a tendency to say stuff he shouldn't really say. He's always on the verge of revealing WAY too much. So I don't know. I could be totally wrong but, personally, I don't dismiss it as just marketing. Plus, he sounded so emotional and genuinely affected in that panel where he said he couldn't imagine moving forward in life and not carrying this movie with him in one way or another... I mean, we've agreed that he's not exactly a brilliant actor so I don't think he was putting on an act just for the sake of a marketing campaign.

by Anonymousreply 288Last Tuesday at 3:51 PM

Monobrow much.

by Anonymousreply 289Last Tuesday at 3:57 PM

I hear ya R283, I'm thinking Armie is at LEAST Bi. Imagine being away from your Good Housekeeping family for 4-6 months, in Italy, playing pretend seducer boyfriend to a gorgeous young actor who eerily has a similar build and coloring to his wife. I can't help but think this filming for both Armie and Timothee has been a life changing experience that made them realize who they really are. Their friendship is adorable and it's a nice cover if something else is deeper between the two.

Hell, if het actors and actresses have affairs with each other and/or with the director, surely two absolutely beautiful men who play convincing lovers may have developed similar feelings and experiences.

I don't know what to think of Armie/Luca, I'm still processing Armie/Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 290Last Tuesday at 4:00 PM

Armie wasn't away from his family, R290. Elizabeth was with him in Italy during most of the shooting.

by Anonymousreply 291Last Tuesday at 4:02 PM

R291 was she though? Everyone's Instagrams around shoot time look very bare. Were any of us following their Instagram stories back then? Actually we're Instagram stories even around in summer 2016?

by Anonymousreply 292Last Tuesday at 4:09 PM

Really R291, well then, why did Armie say that he spent so much time with Timothee either at his place, or at Timmy's "watching documentaries", and bike riding and fun shit like that? He has never once mentioned his family being with him during his time working on this film in Italy. I can definitely understand his wife popping in for a short visit, but other than that, he was there working on the film.

by Anonymousreply 293Last Tuesday at 4:19 PM

R293 Yeah. From interviews and old insta posts, I gather she was there during part of the filming but I don't think she was during the first month when armie and timothee got to know each other. Plus there's that recent comment from Timmy about armie not going home to his family at the end of the day and how that helped develop the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 294Last Tuesday at 4:23 PM

You can't be serious. It's all a campaign for the movie and awards. That's why he (and Timo) does a lot of press and Q&As, etc. and puts an emphasis on how hard he worked for his role. (Like, how they spent a lot of time together.)

And this isn't an Armie thread anyway.

by Anonymousreply 295Last Tuesday at 7:01 PM

She was there during filming but she wasn't there beforehand. Their little story about getting to know each other is true.

by Anonymousreply 296Last Tuesday at 7:56 PM

Deadline screening today.

by Anonymousreply 297Last Tuesday at 10:57 PM

Timmy got asked how he was able to cry for so long at the end of Call Me. Says it was because of Armie and then when people awkwardly laugh backtracks to say it was due to the end of the whole experience.

by Anonymousreply 298Last Tuesday at 11:46 PM

Tim’s vocal intonation rarely feels like it resolves. It’s cute.

by Anonymousreply 299Last Tuesday at 11:58 PM

Poor thing had a crush.

by Anonymousreply 300Last Wednesday at 1:18 AM

r290 The beautiful thing would be if Timothee could dedicate his career to making movies where he helps his male costars discover their natural homosexuality, just like he did with Armie. People would understand why the movies were so explicit, because they would be Timothee's mission.

by Anonymousreply 301Last Wednesday at 3:50 AM

r288 I doubt if there was any man who worked on CMBYN who didnt want to have sex with Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 302Last Wednesday at 3:52 AM

He's so cute. At times I genuinely think he has a bit of a crush on Armie.

by Anonymousreply 303Last Wednesday at 4:36 AM

A bit of a crush? I think Timothee is infatuated with Armie. And that's sweet and understandable.

by Anonymousreply 304Last Wednesday at 4:48 AM

Little Timmy Tim hearts big Armie Arm.

by Anonymousreply 305Last Wednesday at 4:51 AM

R298, thanks for sharing that. It's apparent that Timothee forgets to say the name Oliver instead of Armie... Freudian slip perhaps and an indication of a deeper emotional connection to Armie and this filming experience. Cute kid.

by Anonymousreply 306Last Wednesday at 5:05 AM

The film is terrific. Armie is so good but Timmy is fantastic. The last scene... I didn't find anything creepy about the relationship. While Timmy is young and thin he's quite sophisticated for his age which, it's made clear, is 17. I hope he wins the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 307Last Wednesday at 5:07 AM

He has crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 308Last Wednesday at 5:23 AM

R307, Timmy will be 22 in a couple of weeks. But yes, he convincingly portrayed a highly intelligent 17 year old perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 309Last Wednesday at 5:32 AM

[quote] While Timmy is young and thin

Thin? Why would his frame have anything to do with his intelligence?

by Anonymousreply 310Last Wednesday at 6:04 AM

r310, calm down, we're not saying you're fat and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 311Last Wednesday at 6:17 AM

Why is everyone on here shipping Armie and Timo all of a sudden? I guess the actors are doing good PR...

by Anonymousreply 312Last Wednesday at 6:24 AM

Not shipping them but I think their bond and affection for each other is genuine and not PR.

by Anonymousreply 313Last Wednesday at 7:58 AM

^ Agreed. Their friendship is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 314Last Wednesday at 8:13 AM

Sure, their friendship looks legit and it's very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 315Last Wednesday at 8:28 AM

I do not "ship" (unless I'm sending something via UPS).

by Anonymousreply 316Last Wednesday at 8:33 AM

[QUOTE]Why is everyone on here shipping Armie and Timo all of a sudden?

The fraus arrived.

by Anonymousreply 317Last Wednesday at 12:13 PM

r312 Because Timothee and Armie always have the homosex together.

by Anonymousreply 318Last Wednesday at 1:40 PM

lmao

by Anonymousreply 319Last Wednesday at 1:42 PM

His hair is magnificent.

by Anonymousreply 320Last Wednesday at 1:43 PM

Just wow

by Anonymousreply 321Last Wednesday at 1:56 PM

Well, he does have beautiful hair.

by Anonymousreply 322Last Wednesday at 2:08 PM

That hair needs to be stroked and tugged on.

by Anonymousreply 323Last Wednesday at 3:39 PM

He really is something else.

by Anonymousreply 324Last Wednesday at 3:47 PM

Place your bets on what he thinks about when he jerks off.

by Anonymousreply 325Last Wednesday at 4:00 PM

Timothee and Armie will be in Jimmy Kimmel tonight. I wonder if Timothee will be his usual fidgety self.

by Anonymousreply 326Last Wednesday at 4:04 PM

He'll be calmer with Armie there as always.

by Anonymousreply 327Last Wednesday at 4:05 PM

R325 Thinks about getting hair pulled.

by Anonymousreply 328Last Wednesday at 4:20 PM

Pretty boy backstage at Kimmel

by Anonymousreply 329Last Wednesday at 4:46 PM

Better link:

by Anonymousreply 330Last Wednesday at 5:01 PM

[quote] Timothee and Armie will be in Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

Lucky him!

by Anonymousreply 331Last Wednesday at 5:36 PM

Neil Patrick Harris is the guest host. This is going to be fun! ;)

by Anonymousreply 332Last Wednesday at 6:02 PM

Here we go

by Anonymousreply 333Last Wednesday at 9:33 PM

NPH is an insufferable twat who can't interview other actors to save his life.

by Anonymousreply 334Last Wednesday at 10:07 PM

R333 did I detect a less-than-subtle “no homo” moment there from nicey tiny Tim?

by Anonymousreply 335Last Wednesday at 10:26 PM

R335 I also detected a lot 'armie is so amazing' 'who wouldn't fall in love with Armie' plus general body language - several times he'd angle his whole body towards Armie as opposed to NPH who was asking the questions. Got a real sense of 'im in love with Armie hammer' in this one. I'm still firmly on the friend boat, just thought I'd mention the vibes...

by Anonymousreply 336Last Wednesday at 10:58 PM

Tim adores the guy and doesn't bother to hide it, at all. Which is also why I see it as completely platonic.

Wasn't his sweater at Kimmel adorable?

by Anonymousreply 337Last Wednesday at 11:20 PM

Dinner date with the Hammer-Chambers-Chalamet family.

by Anonymousreply 338Last Thursday at 12:14 AM

[quote]Why is everyone on here shipping Armie and Timo all of a sudden?

Because it’s ALL they have.

by Anonymousreply 339Last Thursday at 12:20 AM

Elizabeth milking it as usual R338

by Anonymousreply 340Last Thursday at 12:22 AM

I love how embarrassed he gets when people tell him he's pretty. Ellen mentioned how sexy he was and he got soo embarrassed, same with NPH calling him good-looking. It's cute.

by Anonymousreply 341Last Thursday at 1:30 AM

I found him surprisingly sexy in Miss Stevens, too. I wasn't expected to feel attracted to him and his character there, at all.

by Anonymousreply 342Last Thursday at 1:36 AM

R342 me too, he was really good in Miss Stevens. It's the only other film I've seen from him and I was very impressed.

by Anonymousreply 343Last Thursday at 2:17 AM

NPH is a douche he should have already seen the movie and when extremely likable Tim was talking about gay things and CMBYN douchebag glossed over and talked about Tim’s minor and unnoteworthy role in Ladybird. I didn’t really care for Armie (I LIKE VODKA) until Tim came out. Armie seemed protective and itwas very sweet. I like how he told the douche he is here to talk about CMBYN. I can’t wait to see this movie.

by Anonymousreply 344Last Thursday at 2:33 AM

I read that as "he lives to serve men" at first.

by Anonymousreply 345Last Thursday at 3:34 AM

R340, I think Elizabeth has no choice in the matter. Timmy is like a cute little permanent flea in Armie's family.

by Anonymousreply 346Last Thursday at 5:24 AM

Nah, I think Elizabeth has a little crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 347Last Thursday at 5:58 AM

Or R347, a case of keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

by Anonymousreply 348Last Thursday at 6:11 AM

R344, i think Neil was advised to keep Timmy on track with a certain train of thought. The host acts like a referee during these talk shows. In the past two months, I attended tapings at James Corden and Jimmy Kimmel, and between commercial breaks, several producer type people come up to the host and the guests with notes, talking close to them, guiding them about how to conduct themselves and answer pre-arranged questions for the next segment. It's all rehearsed and pre-planned for the most part. It's quite interesting and helped me have a better understanding about the production process of "live" late night shows.

So I think Neil was a fine host, but he was himself told to handle the conversation a certain way and to keep Timmy in line and not go "too gay". Even though they're promoting a gay love story... the American audience needs measured doses of 'the gay'.

by Anonymousreply 349Last Thursday at 6:18 AM

James Ivory said Timothee as an actor was smart. He also said Timothee was cast from the beginning of the project way before Armie.

by Anonymousreply 350Last Thursday at 6:40 AM

Timothee was cast about 4 years ago for this role. He was apparently the ONLY actor considered and Luca was so impressed with him during their initial lunch meeting. i think Timmy read the book prior to meeting with Luca.

Timmy/Elio... the career defining role. Hope he wins the Oscar for it.

by Anonymousreply 351Last Thursday at 8:03 AM

Update from the person who travelled four hours to see the movie...worth every fucking mile. It was incredible.

by Anonymousreply 352Last Thursday at 9:42 AM

Timmy better win an Oscar for it, I was bawling. He was stunning.

by Anonymousreply 353Last Thursday at 9:43 AM

The stupid peach scene story that has been rinsed, the real magic was right after it. It was far more emotional in the book but timmy, man, he did it so good.

by Anonymousreply 354Last Thursday at 9:57 AM

I'm glad you like it. Oscar nomination alone would be great recognition for Timmy considering his age.

by Anonymousreply 355Last Thursday at 10:16 AM

R352, Fantastic! Glad you loved it. I traveled in the past to films/performances because they just weren't close to home, and I was always glad I made the trip.

Well done!

by Anonymousreply 356Last Thursday at 10:23 AM

Haha! Thank you. Stupidly didn't book in advance when it was showing closer to home and it was sold out when I went to book the day before! So it was London or nothing until post Oscar release :(

It really was worth it, so glad you lot convinced me lol

by Anonymousreply 357Last Thursday at 10:32 AM

Timmy looked stunning last night. Best look yet.

by Anonymousreply 358Last Thursday at 10:23 PM

Why is he so fucking cute

by Anonymousreply 359Last Friday at 12:11 AM

cute

by Anonymousreply 360Last Friday at 2:58 AM

Gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 361Last Friday at 8:09 AM

Timothee with Armie's friend Nick? So they're all friends now? Um. Is Nick straight?

by Anonymousreply 362Last Friday at 8:58 AM

Wasn't Nick also there when they went to Berlin for the Berlinale? I believe it was Berlin... As seen on Elizabeth's IG story...

Curiouser and curiouser.

by Anonymousreply 363Last Friday at 9:10 AM

Y'all are doing too much. Nick goes a lot of places with Armie and Elizabeth. They've fully accepted Timothée into their circle now, so yes he is friends with Nick, as well as all of their other friends.

by Anonymousreply 364Last Friday at 9:12 AM

tbh I already thought it was odd that a married couple with two kids had this one friend they apparently just take most placed with them. Like, at first I assumed Nick was Elizabeth's PA or something. But apparently he's a friend. And I do think it's interesting how Timothee and Armie's friendship has grown so close that he's included in family events not only with Armie's family but with Elizabeth's family too. I'm not saying there's anything weird about the whole thing but it's rare. I guess it's nice too, that they have this really close circle of friends supporting each other. But it is rare.

by Anonymousreply 365Last Friday at 9:21 AM

R365 They're the kind of people who actually consider friends to be family.

by Anonymousreply 366Last Friday at 9:30 AM

Hmmm good for them I guess.

So is Timmy tucking Liz's male friend? Because if he is not, he should. The make a handsome couple.

by Anonymousreply 367Last Friday at 9:36 AM

R367 No.

by Anonymousreply 368Last Friday at 9:37 AM

Speaking of Nicks: I find Nick Robinson attractive, but he looks painfully average standing next to Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 369Last Friday at 10:09 AM

Oh no, young Mr. Robinson is not good enough for Lil' Timmy Tim. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 370Last Friday at 10:11 AM

Tim's beauty is much more sophisticated and unique, I'd even say he looks more European than he does American, that's why he stands out next to your average cute actor.

by Anonymousreply 371Last Friday at 10:12 AM

R371, that's the French side of Timmy that stands out.

When I was Paris last year. I arrived at Charles De Gaulle, and I swear to God above, all the soldiers with their big guys look like they worked part-time as fashion models. It was ridiculous. I wanted to take pics of them, but didn't want to get shot. French people are naturally very sexy and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 372Last Friday at 10:15 AM

guys= guns.

by Anonymousreply 373Last Friday at 10:20 AM

Cute little drunkards.

by Anonymousreply 374Last Friday at 10:26 AM

Damn, how tall is that black guy?

by Anonymousreply 375Last Friday at 10:26 AM

Timmy is going to lose his shit when he sees this.

by Anonymousreply 376Last Friday at 11:34 AM

I'm calling it. Timmy's going to become Tyler's new crush. Goodbye Cole Sprouse.

by Anonymousreply 377Last Friday at 11:47 AM

He's so beautiful in Lady Bird.

by Anonymousreply 378Last Friday at 11:55 AM

I saw Lady Bird just for Timmy, he was gorgeous in it. But I didn't care too much for the film, very overrated.

by Anonymousreply 379Last Friday at 1:17 PM

R379 How much is he in the movie? I kind of don't have an interest in the plot but want to watch it for Timothée only too.

by Anonymousreply 380Last Friday at 1:23 PM

R380 Probably 25 minutes out of 90

by Anonymousreply 381Last Friday at 1:24 PM

But it's the best he's ever looked IMO.

by Anonymousreply 382Last Friday at 1:27 PM

r377

Tyler should try his luck - Timmy might put out for him out of admiration alone.

by Anonymousreply 383Last Friday at 1:32 PM

Timmy wants Frank instead.

by Anonymousreply 384Last Friday at 1:34 PM

R365, R366 my guess is that it happens with the well-to-do and the educated because they're civilised as opposed to the hoi polloi who are brutish and selfish. That's why Armie is such a decent person

by Anonymousreply 385Last Friday at 1:35 PM

is he taking inspiration from Armie's classic insta pose?

by Anonymousreply 386Last Friday at 3:03 PM

A long and nice chat with Josh Horowitz:

by Anonymousreply 387Last Friday at 3:09 PM

Someone has a crush...

I hope he watches CMBYN

by Anonymousreply 388Last Friday at 5:00 PM

Lol so it begins. Pretty white boy is totally Tyler's type.

by Anonymousreply 389Last Friday at 5:30 PM

[quote] I hope he watches CMBYN

If I'm not mistaken Tyler has a romantic fetish for riding bikes with boys he fancies; CMBYN is practically made for him.

by Anonymousreply 390Last Friday at 5:35 PM

Exactly! he needs to watch it. I don't think he'd take long to know about it though

by Anonymousreply 391Last Friday at 5:44 PM

Definitely see Lady Bird for Timmy. His character's a total dick, but the kind I would totally have fallen for in high school. But it helps show his acting range, compared with CMBYN. Oh, and there's a side-plot [spoiler] with Lucas Hedges' character coming to terms with being gay in a conservative family. There's a scene where he breaks down and cries in front of Lady Bird, and I think it's pretty tender and heartbreaking. I've been in his exact position before.

by Anonymousreply 392Last Friday at 9:25 PM

Damn! Now I MUST go see LadyBird!!!

by Anonymousreply 393Last Friday at 11:51 PM

Thanks for the spoiler R392. Twit

by Anonymousreply 394Last Friday at 11:58 PM

He gave you a warning,dope.

by Anonymousreply 395Last Saturday at 12:38 AM

Actually, R395, if you're bitching at R394 for bitching at R392, it wasn't a warning. It was an endorsement. Lucas Hedges supplied the only moments in the movie worth watching, storytelling-wise.

Sorry, TO'T.

by Anonymousreply 396Last Saturday at 3:03 AM

It's bitching all the way down

by Anonymousreply 397Last Saturday at 5:35 AM

It's happening lol. I hope he slides into that DMs

by Anonymousreply 398Last Saturday at 8:17 AM

r398 ????????????

by Anonymousreply 399Last Saturday at 8:22 AM

Haha Tyler's gonna piss his pants

by Anonymousreply 400Last Saturday at 8:28 AM

I saw him first, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 401Last Saturday at 8:49 AM

I get it's for a long flight, but what we can see of that outfit in R386 makes me think all his good fashion choices are a stylist's decision, not his own.

by Anonymousreply 402Last Saturday at 9:05 AM

And he's back.

by Anonymousreply 403Last Saturday at 9:08 AM

^He's looking almost obscenely attractive in that selfie.

by Anonymousreply 404Last Saturday at 9:12 AM

He can be so unintentionally sexy.

by Anonymousreply 405Last Saturday at 12:08 PM

Barely know who this kid is and could give a fuck if he’s gay or straight, but his performance in CMBYN was STUNNING. He deserves a best actor nomination. Unreal.

by Anonymousreply 406Last Saturday at 12:38 PM

I like his hands, but I suspect give this kid 5 or 6 years and he'll start looking like your regular guy.

by Anonymousreply 407Last Saturday at 12:44 PM

R403 just out of curiosity — what exactly is he doing in this photo?

by Anonymousreply 408Last Saturday at 12:48 PM

R408 That's his favourite emoji 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

by Anonymousreply 409Last Saturday at 12:54 PM

I see

Thanks R409

by Anonymousreply 410Last Saturday at 1:05 PM

Timothée is an awkward Ashkenazi geek-cum-androgynous sex kitten. My favorite combo.

by Anonymousreply 411Last Saturday at 1:15 PM

Wait, I forgot the "intense James Deanesque hipster" to round off the mix.

by Anonymousreply 412Last Saturday at 1:18 PM

who the fuck is Felicia the Goat?

by Anonymousreply 413Last Saturday at 1:47 PM

r413 Tyler the creator

by Anonymousreply 414Last Saturday at 1:48 PM

Tyler really has exquisite taste in twinks - first Cole Sprouse, now Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 415Last Saturday at 1:51 PM

R415 Too bad he'll never have them.

by Anonymousreply 416Last Saturday at 1:54 PM

Who is Tyler? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 417Last Saturday at 2:04 PM

Who the fuck is Tyler the Creator?

by Anonymousreply 418Last Saturday at 2:05 PM

He's a rapper, from the same rap collective as Frank Ocean. They're good friends and regularly collaborate with each other. Tyler has said some pretty homophobic and misogynistic shit in the past and this year he came out with an album - I totally recommend it btw, it's wonderful album and it's up for a Grammy - where he admitted he's into men. He's extremely open about having a big fat crush on Cole Sprouse and young Leo DiCaprio. He has a thing for pretty white boys and it looks like Timo is his next target.

by Anonymousreply 419Last Saturday at 2:15 PM

Rap has collectives. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 420Last Saturday at 2:24 PM

so Timothy following the recently outed rapper confirms that Tim is gay too

by Anonymousreply 421Last Saturday at 2:31 PM

Thanks R419.

by Anonymousreply 422Last Saturday at 2:33 PM

Or that he likes rap, R421 (but I prefer your logic).

by Anonymousreply 423Last Saturday at 2:34 PM

Timothee is a huge hip hop head and has been a fan of Tyler's for years, r421. Here's an old pic of him wearing his merch.

by Anonymousreply 424Last Saturday at 2:35 PM

R421 or that he is at least bi?

by Anonymousreply 425Last Saturday at 2:42 PM

I don't want him to be "at least bi." That's worthless.

by Anonymousreply 426Last Saturday at 2:43 PM

Life's complicated

by Anonymousreply 427Last Saturday at 2:46 PM

R426, cut the kid some slack. Even if he is gay, he can't come out yet. at least not until after he wins his Oscar. He's been leaving hints of who he is, subtle, but the hints are there.

by Anonymousreply 428Last Saturday at 2:53 PM

He is not gay. Leave him alone, you perverts. He is a nice, straight, jewish boy.

by Anonymousreply 429Last Saturday at 2:54 PM

The "Xavier Dolan" poster reminded me that Dolan's new movie is about a pedo story (or evil gossip about a supposed pedo movie star). I wonder if and when it will be released with all the mess that is going on....

by Anonymousreply 430Last Saturday at 3:02 PM

I think he's straight too, but we can't rule out the possibility until we see his penis in a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 431Last Saturday at 3:06 PM

What I've heard (just online, not IRL) is that he's something of a love rat with girls, and a tease with guys.

by Anonymousreply 432Last Saturday at 3:12 PM

"love rat"? Oh, God.

by Anonymousreply 433Last Saturday at 3:13 PM

Haha, sorry, English is not my first language, r433. I guess the more widely used term nowadays is "fuckboy"?

by Anonymousreply 434Last Saturday at 3:17 PM

Giggling at the people who think he's into girls.

snort.

by Anonymousreply 435Last Saturday at 3:18 PM

In short, he's straight R432

by Anonymousreply 436Last Saturday at 3:20 PM

R432 Are you talking about R234 guy's story in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 437Last Saturday at 3:28 PM

That's part of it, r437. But I also heard basically the same thing from someone else as well.

by Anonymousreply 438Last Saturday at 3:34 PM

R438 Maybe It’s from the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 439Last Saturday at 3:45 PM

If you've heard him on the "Happy Sad Confused" podcast, it's pretty obvious that he is straight (and incredibly smart & self aware).

by Anonymousreply 440Last Saturday at 3:46 PM

R438 And that someone else probably read it on here too, so you two have the same source really. So one knows so far. To the people saying he's gay : I've shared the pics of him last year repeatedly trying to kiss Maika Monroe in the first thread. He was fairly unknown then, and clearly drunk so I very much doubt he was faking it. Plus he's told again and again that he's had crushes on girls. I'm not ruling out that he might be bi but there isn't any indication that he is so far.

by Anonymousreply 441Last Saturday at 3:49 PM

r439

The DL guy says he knows him from school, the other guy (who really sounded legit) said he's a friend of a friend. I guess they could both be the same troll, but it would have to be some elaborate trolling in order to spread some not exactly sensationalist gossip.

by Anonymousreply 442Last Saturday at 3:49 PM

Timmy is going to carry Armie's semen for many more years... I told you guys last year when this movie was filming. I am sure Timmy will be couple with a handsome men when he is older.

by Anonymousreply 443Last Saturday at 3:53 PM

coupled* man not men*

by Anonymousreply 444Last Saturday at 3:54 PM

R442, I wouldn't put too much stock into what that guy/girl wrote. There are a lot of bright and creative people out there who love to write complete bullshit, plausible, but still bullshit to make readers think a certain way. I read that old thread and his/her comments and although out sounded legit, it was written that way to seem legit.

There's nothing stopping ME from making up some shit in a future thread to get you to think I worked with him on the set of Beautiful Boy... for instance.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially here at DL.

by Anonymousreply 445Last Saturday at 4:07 PM

What the fuck is with the ninny shrieking about Timo's adoration of vag? Even if it's true, this is not the place for it.

by Anonymousreply 446Last Saturday at 4:08 PM

Does anyone have any link to the pictures where he's trying to kiss Maika Monroe? I cant find them here lr anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 447Last Saturday at 4:09 PM

Timmy and a fantastic sweater during his Q&A

by Anonymousreply 448Last Saturday at 4:09 PM

R447 See R422 in this thread

by Anonymousreply 449Last Saturday at 4:25 PM

Thank you R449 it's weird because I see him very straight except when he's with Hammer, maybe because Hammer is more masculine, bigger and older and Timothée looks more feminine/androgynous by comparison.

It's such a waste when a beautiful boy is not into guys.

by Anonymousreply 450Last Saturday at 4:45 PM

Mary!

From the Vulture 11/29/17 interview.

by Anonymousreply 451Last Saturday at 4:54 PM

He's such a fanboy. If he were into guys, him and Frank Ocean would be a great and insanely good looking couple.

by Anonymousreply 452Last Saturday at 5:01 PM

But that could never, ever be, R452. Frank Ocean is 30. The PTs would not allow it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 453Last Saturday at 5:09 PM

R453

by Anonymousreply 454Last Saturday at 5:23 PM

In one of his videos I believe Suck Your Dick one he has the prettiest twink everriding in the carwith him

by Anonymousreply 455Last Saturday at 5:27 PM

Link, please, r455.

by Anonymousreply 456Last Saturday at 5:29 PM

Cute. They've been apart for like a day and he misses Armie already.

by Anonymousreply 457Last Saturday at 5:40 PM

I guess it can be less fun doing these Q&As solo. Armie did the LA Q&As last night and today solo.

by Anonymousreply 458Last Saturday at 5:49 PM

And he misses Armie's dick.

by Anonymousreply 459Last Saturday at 5:58 PM

[QUOTE]Timothee is a huge hip hop head and has been a fan of Tyler's for years

Given how homophobic his music was then, that's hardly a great sign.

by Anonymousreply 460Last Saturday at 6:00 PM

Already getting mobbed by fangirls:

by Anonymousreply 461Last Saturday at 7:06 PM

Christ he is adorable

by Anonymousreply 462Last Saturday at 7:14 PM

That sweater... He's clearly straight.

by Anonymousreply 463Last Saturday at 7:22 PM

He is clearly wearing the non-threatening sweaters the stylist chose for him.

by Anonymousreply 464Last Saturday at 11:57 PM

R461 If he is straight then poor him, he can't hit on any of those girls as they'd immediately lose their attraction to him because he messed up their shipping of him and Armie.

by Anonymousreply 465Yesterday at 12:01 AM

I suppose the shipping works until or if you can get hold of the real person. As long as he doesn't date a chick until he dates one of those shrieking fans, then the lucky winner would be over the moon. So Armie/Tyler/Frank/Nick/whoever fits the bill.....

by Anonymousreply 466Yesterday at 12:17 AM

This person was at the Q&A. He got asked what was he thinking about during the crying scene and gave a much more vague answer than last time (he directly said it was because of Armie on that Q&A). They always give the same answers during this press tour so I wonder why he changed it. Did he get self conscious about what he said last time or something?

by Anonymousreply 467Yesterday at 1:49 AM

R467 Probably, he seemed pretty taken aback and embarrassed when people laughed when he said that last time.

by Anonymousreply 468Yesterday at 2:35 AM

But why would thinking about Armie make him cry anyway?

by Anonymousreply 469Yesterday at 2:39 AM

It was their last few days of shooting, they had become close friends and he had been in that charming Italian town for months. It was a bubble about to burst. Armie also told he was depressed and withdrawn the last few days. and that he resented Luca's apparent aloofness at the time.

I think it's natural to be sad and an actor knows how to use that to convey emotion on camera.

by Anonymousreply 470Yesterday at 2:42 AM

I see. Thanks R470

by Anonymousreply 471Yesterday at 2:46 AM

At that point he wouldn't have known that the film was going to premiere at Sundance (giving them 10 months of on/off promo before it was even released) or that it would be an awards player (giving them another 3 months of promo after it was released), as no Guadagnino film before has been. So in terms of why the thought of Armie specifically would make him be able to cry, he probably assumed their friendship was pretty much done and that can be hard to come to terms with when you've been in such close quarters with someone and away from your own family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 472Yesterday at 2:57 AM

It's kinda sad, people want the "shipping" thing to be real but when the guy actually tries to be honest in a Q&A he is just being laughed at by the audience.

by Anonymousreply 473Yesterday at 3:56 AM

I think shipping is pretty harmless, providing people don't break the fourth wall and talk to the people involved about it. And who knows, maybe Timmy does have a secret crush, or maybe they have fucked or maybe they're in an open relationship with Elizabeth. Stranger things have happened. But it's kind of sad to me that people place all their focus on this instead of admiring what a genuine, strong friendship they have and how Armie has accepted this 21 year old kid into his life and into his circle of friends and into his family, in a way that he hasn't any former co-star. And how Elizabeth seems as eager to have him as Armie does. It's really sweet how open they all are about it and how unashamed.

by Anonymousreply 474Yesterday at 4:37 AM

Preach it R474

by Anonymousreply 475Yesterday at 5:46 AM

Poor Timmy got mobbed last night but was apparently very gracious about it.

by Anonymousreply 476Yesterday at 6:12 AM

It's so bizarre that all these teenage girls are not only watching the movie but also reading a book which is essentially explicit gay porn.

by Anonymousreply 477Yesterday at 6:33 AM

It's not that bizarre, mm romance has been thriving for a while and Andre Aciman's call me by your name is a cult classic at this point

by Anonymousreply 478Yesterday at 6:36 AM

It's the opposite of bizarre. Gay male ships allow girls and women to thrive on a romance that has no gender-based power inequality whilst at the same time get turned on by two hot guys.

by Anonymousreply 479Yesterday at 6:49 AM

R467, with a room full of screaming girls, I think that's why he changed his answer. Also, he was probably coached on how to answer such a question after his 'Armie' admission.

Different answers for different crowds.

by Anonymousreply 480Yesterday at 6:50 AM

Seriously I would love to see the video of someone at the q and a asking Tim if his character was a top or bottom. Was she one of these fan fic writers doing a bit of research. How old do you have to be to have the guts to ask something that embarrassing in front of a room full of people

by Anonymousreply 481Yesterday at 6:51 AM

R481, why would anyone who has read the book need to ask that question, if not just to embarrass the actor?

by Anonymousreply 482Yesterday at 6:52 AM

R473, and that's the psychology of shipping. It's a defense mechanism. If I can't have him, no other girl can have him either. It's conditional shipping. But if the ship is plausibly real, that's hard to swallow cuz it means the girl will never be able to have him.

Some people support the gays only to a certain point. Think it's cute to see gay lovers on the screen, but if the actor gives an honest answer that cuts too close to the gay bone, then ignorant laughing commences.

by Anonymousreply 483Yesterday at 6:54 AM

It was a man that asked the top/bottom question.

by Anonymousreply 484Yesterday at 6:55 AM

What an embarrassing question to ask. I bet Timothee is glad these Q&As are over. Now it's just award season shows to attend. And the magazine cover articles to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 485Yesterday at 6:58 AM

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE --- Here's video of Timothee being asked the question about the Top / Bottom thing. IT IS AWKWARD.

by Anonymousreply 486Yesterday at 6:59 AM

Jesus. Why would anyone feel the need to ask that? 1) it's all in the book and 2) wtf

by Anonymousreply 487Yesterday at 7:01 AM

I feel sorry for him at this point

by Anonymousreply 488Yesterday at 7:13 AM

I only feel sorry for him in regards to getting mobbed but that can soon be fixed with some extra security for these events. Otherwise, his life is pretty spectacular right now, especially for an actor of his age.

by Anonymousreply 489Yesterday at 7:16 AM

Read the damn book, moron in the audience! Timothee's answer was okay tho.

by Anonymousreply 490Yesterday at 7:17 AM

I was there last night - he got mobbed by choice. His security people took him off stage right after the Q&A without talking to anybody but he came back out the front of the theater a few minutes later and jumped right into the crowd and took pictures and posed and signed things for about ten minutes. It was him being nice.

by Anonymousreply 491Yesterday at 7:22 AM

Choosing to meet fans does not mean you choose to get mobbed. People can wait without pushing and shrieking.

by Anonymousreply 492Yesterday at 7:24 AM

Don't waste your time being sorry for him R488. the Q&A tour is over and it's a pretty golden road for Timmy through the end of March.

And it's his 22nd birthday the day after Xmas. I wonder if he'll be in NYC with mummy and daddy, or with Armie in LA?

by Anonymousreply 493Yesterday at 7:50 AM

There'll be plenty of time for him to catch up with Armie when he's in that play in New York, in March. And several award ceremonies in between, maybe. They won't miss each other for long.

by Anonymousreply 494Yesterday at 8:12 AM

It's kind of alluded to in the film who went where their first time cause Oliver's the one wiping cum off his chest i.e. elio finished somewhere else...but I guess you'd have to have read the book to pick up on that ?

by Anonymousreply 495Yesterday at 8:23 AM

Well, they are "inseparable" according to Armie.

by Anonymousreply 496Yesterday at 8:23 AM

Armie's play doesn't start until July. I would be surprised if he spent his birthday in LA, assuming he's spending Christmas with his family but then again at this point I guess I wouldn't be that surprised.

They both have cum on their chests. Oliver wipes his own chest then gives the shirt to Elio who is lying down to wipe his.

by Anonymousreply 497Yesterday at 8:34 AM

R486 Oh god the insufferable way that idiot was trying to act like his question had some kind of intellectual merit.

[QUOTE]People can wait without pushing and shrieking.

Fangirls barely qualify as people.

by Anonymousreply 498Yesterday at 8:36 AM

Just think TImothee will have his own apartment when Armie's in town - maybe Armie can just crash there while he does his play. The boys will paint the town red! Elizabeth can spend the summer in LA or Dallas with the chirrun, wiping her furrowed brow over a hot stove

by Anonymousreply 499Yesterday at 8:38 AM

R486, so is he top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 500Yesterday at 9:11 AM

Timmy is definitely the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 501Yesterday at 9:15 AM

R501, I am sure Timmy only takes it. But what about Elio?

by Anonymousreply 502Yesterday at 9:23 AM

Elio is versatile.

by Anonymousreply 503Yesterday at 9:26 AM

Elio's on top the first time, or he's supposed to be

by Anonymousreply 504Yesterday at 9:27 AM

I think he is an exclusive top IRL.

by Anonymousreply 505Yesterday at 9:28 AM

In the book, Elio bottoms during their first time but they both switch later.

by Anonymousreply 506Yesterday at 9:29 AM

They want no boundaries, that's partly the point, which would include switching.

by Anonymousreply 507Yesterday at 10:15 AM

In the screenplay (as in the book) Elio is bottoming the first time, it describes how "Oliver enters Elio" and that there's some pain and discomfort on Elio's part. At least initially.

by Anonymousreply 508Yesterday at 10:18 AM

The only reason this is coming up is because fangirls are actually quite homophobic deep down, and buy into the idea of the bottom being the humiliating role (no wonder so many of them fit in on DL). So they're trying to convince themselves that their favourite must be the top.

I like how the wiping of cum off the chest is being used as proof of anything - never heard of riding?

by Anonymousreply 509Yesterday at 10:32 AM

Oliver riding elio...now there's an image

by Anonymousreply 510Yesterday at 10:40 AM

In the film, we only see Oliver apparently loving to give blowjobs. in the first sex scene, the way it was shot implied that Elio was the one getting fucked. But no other evidence.

by Anonymousreply 511Yesterday at 10:44 AM

The sex scene would have been so much better if they had stick to the original screenplay. It didn't seem vulgar in any way so we know Luca is lying about not wanting to make it all about "crude" sex.

by Anonymousreply 512Yesterday at 10:46 AM

R512, it was already confirmed that the scene was never properly shot because of Armie's no frontal nudity clause. I still think they could have shown at least 15-30sec more. But I am just nitpicking.

by Anonymousreply 513Yesterday at 10:48 AM

Did Timothee also have a no nudity clause, or is he not a coward?

by Anonymousreply 514Yesterday at 10:50 AM

R513 Right, but I still think it could have been shot without showing dong, just so we could at least see the thrusting for a few seconds. Which to me is really what this scene is lacking (it's fine otherwise).

by Anonymousreply 515Yesterday at 10:51 AM

R514, not Timmy. Timmy was ready to go all the way FOR THE ART!!!!

by Anonymousreply 516Yesterday at 10:52 AM

R514, both actors had a no frontal nudity clause. Timothee was 17 when he agreed to do the movie, and started filming when he was 19. Technically he was a barely legal kid. How dare you expect such a demand on a young actor like this? Watch porn if you need to get hard looking at naked twinks. WTF is wrong with you?

If there were "brave" enough for full frontal nudity, the film would be rated X and no one would be able to see it, let alone even get recognized by critics and certainly fuck it up it's Oscar chances.

Have ya'll learned nothing from Fassbender in Shame? Oscar performance, but he showed his well endowed dick for 3 seconds. No Oscar nom for him!

by Anonymousreply 517Yesterday at 10:56 AM

R499, nah, I bet that when Armie is in NY for the play, he'll have his own hotel or renting a condo so that his family can visit. Got to keep up appearances and professionalism.

Now, that's not ruling out him getting a key to Timmy's place for planned visits. Hell, will Timmy even be in NY at the same time? He could be working on a film on location somewhere by then.

by Anonymousreply 518Yesterday at 11:00 AM

So the guy who wouldn't wear decent underwear, leading to his balls allegedly having to be edited out had a no nudity clause?

[QUOTE]Technically he was a barely legal kid

No, 19 is neither barely legal, nor a kid. You're either trying too hard, or seriously repressed. Or you're Corey Feldman.

[QUOTE]Watch porn if you need to get hard looking at naked twinks.

It's really quite sad if you immediately equate nudity with porn. Are you American?

Also, if you really think that about him being so young during filming and all that - well, what does that say about your obsession about he and Armie being a couple? Shouldn't you be disgusted that Armie went after a "barely legal kid"? And why would you have any interest in the sex life of said "barely legal kid"?

by Anonymousreply 519Yesterday at 11:07 AM

R517, no, full frontal male nudity does not mean a film is rated X. Does that rating even exist anymore?

by Anonymousreply 520Yesterday at 11:09 AM

r519 What is the story about Timothee not wearing decent underwear?

by Anonymousreply 521Yesterday at 11:31 AM

R521, it was Armie’s balls that fell out. Timmy was contained.

by Anonymousreply 522Yesterday at 11:33 AM

What's the difference between rated R and rated X? Aren't they both 18+? The film is rated R in America but it's a 15 in the UK. I think that says it all about the maturity levels of the audience...

[R521] I think they're talking about Armie's balls falling out his shorts, not Timmy's underwear

by Anonymousreply 523Yesterday at 11:34 AM

200k followers already.

by Anonymousreply 524Yesterday at 11:42 AM

Where is the screenplay? There was a link in another thread where it was supposed to be on the Sony Classics site (I think) but it didn't have anything - maybe it was removed? I'd be curious to read it to compare to the book and movie.

by Anonymousreply 525Yesterday at 1:46 PM

It got taken down officially, but nothing ever really dies on the internet so here you go...

by Anonymousreply 526Yesterday at 2:22 PM

Thank you, R526. I must not read it until after I've seen the movie. I hope I will be able to resist.

by Anonymousreply 527Yesterday at 3:41 PM

RESIST! I read it after and appreciated Timmy and Armie's performances so much more because of it. You can really tell how much they adapted the characters yet played the roles perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 528Yesterday at 4:35 PM

Thanks so much, R526. I saw the movie twice and after reading the script just now, agree with R528 about T & A's performances.

by Anonymousreply 529Yesterday at 5:48 PM

The Golden Globe nominations are first thing tomorrow morning. I'm sure CMBYN, Timmy and Armie will get their nominations.

by Anonymousreply 530Yesterday at 5:54 PM

And the awards just keep on coming!

by Anonymousreply 531Yesterday at 6:00 PM

Such a beautiful boy.

by Anonymousreply 532Yesterday at 6:56 PM

Tim O'Tay is going to be the second youngest actor ever nominated for the Best Actor (Drama) at GG.

by Anonymousreply 533Yesterday at 7:01 PM

He just needs to start off by winning the GG, giving a great speech, and having a great PR/media campaign. He'll be the youngest male winner in modern Oscar history, but he has some work to do to make himself appear as mature and confident as he has demonstrated in speaking. The Oscars have issues with rewarding men under 30, but give Oscars to women under 30 like candy. Hopefully, Timmy can break that taboo this year.

by Anonymousreply 534Yesterday at 7:06 PM

I would love him to win BUT he has a big task at hand. It will be a miracle if he can do it.

by Anonymousreply 535a day ago

R534 taboo? what taboo? Men playing the victims yet again

by Anonymousreply 536a day ago

Timmy got a Golden Globes nomination for Best Actor - Drama!! Best start writing a speech to top the Gotham Awards one!

by Anonymousreply 53718 hours ago

I want Timothee to present hole during his acceptance speech. It would be the most unforgettable moment in GG history.

by Anonymousreply 53817 hours ago

Yay for Tim O'Tay. The second youngest nominee ever!

R538 Good idea.

by Anonymousreply 53917 hours ago

A load of rich white kids pandering to a hip hop performer... can you spot Timmy?

by Anonymousreply 54016 hours ago

R540 It's already posted in this thread

by Anonymousreply 54116 hours ago

Reaction from Tim O'Tay.

by Anonymousreply 54215 hours ago

He got a call from Armie during the interview, aww! Do we think he calls him 'brother' in real life though? He really has been adopted by the Hammer-Chambers, don't Armie and Elizabeth call each other Husband and Wife instead of their names? Maybe it's a thing they all do.

by Anonymousreply 54315 hours ago

Hammer wrecked CMBYN in the same way Keanu wrecked My Own Private Idaho. Timothee and River had to do all the heavy lifting because their co-stars are basically incapable.

by Anonymousreply 54415 hours ago

R543 He does call him brother in real life.

by Anonymousreply 54515 hours ago

More of a 'bruthah'...cute

by Anonymousreply 54613 hours ago

This is cute

by Anonymousreply 54713 hours ago

[QUOTE]he decided to sleep in instead of watching the nominations announcement Monday morning

Sure he did.

by Anonymousreply 54813 hours ago

I just came across this thread (god knows why someone made a new thread for this rather than just post it here) - does anyone know if this is actually true or not?

[QUOTE]Timothée Chalamet auditioned to play Norman Bates. According to him, he botched his audition after looking up Psycho (1960) on Netflix, finding American Psycho (2000) instead and basing his audition around the personality of Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale) and not Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins).

The only reason I could believe it is I remember watching an interview with him where he mentions American Psycho and how it had such great early 2000 visuals and fashion - seemingly not realising it was set in the 80s. If this story is true too - well, I guess it's lucky that acting is emotional rather than intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 54912 hours ago

Yes R549 it's true or at least that's how he tells it lol

by Anonymousreply 55012 hours ago

God. No wonder he and Armie get along so well then.

by Anonymousreply 55110 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!