Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dan Savage: Susan Sarandon Is Still Out There Sarandoning

While everyone is piling on The New York Times—and rightly so—for normalizing Nazis over the weekend, The Guardian dedicated a pile of pixels to normalizing unaccountable privilege.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 3:40 PM

Savage wasn't savage enough. He should have called her the cunt she is.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2017 3:22 PM

Everything he said is true. She did all that she could to make sure that Hillary didn't get to the Oval Office. Thanks in part to her ridiculous showboating, we have a bloviating bag of putrid flesh sitting behind the desk.

Several months ago, she had the balls to tweet "I stand with the DREAMERS." She took endless shit for that, with people calling her out for not standing with the DREAMERS last November.

She is a hypocrite and not half as smart as she thinks she is.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2017 3:28 PM

This self-hating, dumb bitch just hates women. That’s why she was/is anti-Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2017 3:32 PM

Whenever I hear or see or anyone mentions Dan Savage, I think of that episode of [italic]South Park[/italic] in which the family moves to San Francisco only to discover everyone there loves the aroma of their own farts.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2017 3:35 PM

Dan should check on the sex slave mummy in his attic. Or do they only do that when his child is in the house, sleeping below?

People in glass houses...should be careful about their N A M B L A quotes and videos they post on the internet. No one who gushes, publically!, about inter-generational sex, should have been allowed to adopt.

Anyone who believes Susan Sarandon is responsible for the outcome of elections is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2017 3:37 PM

To be so irrelevant, even in his own home, to need to glom onto Susan Sarandon for attention...

Dan never grew up and now is getting old. Remember how some lauded him for his courageous licking of door knobs? Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2017 3:44 PM

Sarandon isn't solely responsible for the outcome, R5, but she bears some responsibility in that she gave permission for fence-sitters to stay home or vote for anyone other than Hillary, and she certainly made it acceptable for the BernieBots to (even more?) openly express disdain for the woman who should sit behind the big desk.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2017 3:45 PM

They're both asshats.

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2017 3:53 PM

She is a has been actress who you are far too invested in, R7. Step back from Twitter and those obsessed with it. Puppets parroting scripts is literally what they are. Get out in the world a bit. No one actually takes these people seriously. She has no more credibility than Lens or Takei to pontificate, it's just filler for the media maw.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2017 3:59 PM

Susan Sarandon gave her children "permission," decades ago.

Do you actually believe any of this?

Nonsense and faux import, whipped up like candy floss.

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2017 4:01 PM

I really don't think Sarandon had much influence at all. Her career peaked a long time ago. She was never a Julia Roberts-level star.

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2017 4:03 PM

r11 true but she did get a lot of attention on social media for her comments. She was - and still is - discussed here on DL, and not just for her poor Bette Davis imitation on Feud.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2017 4:17 PM

You beat me to the punch, R12. If she has or had no influence, why are we — still — discussing her? Why would Savage write an entire column about her comments/influence?

Let me step back from Twitter and say that any woman of comparable stature saying the things she did about Hillary would be as idolized by the BernieBots and talked about by the media. It's not Sarandon specifically; it's who and what she represents.

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2017 4:22 PM

I think you are still discussing her because she's become kind of a convenient punching bag. Not that I'm pitying her.

It just seems like people have a lot of anger and frustration and they want a symbol to direct it at and she fits the bill because she's annoying and loud on Twitter.

But she had no impact on the election outcome.

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2017 4:29 PM

Perhaps she herself didn’t impact the election outcome but many like her did. She doesn’t deserve a pass. And Savage needs to shut up and go away.

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2017 4:34 PM

Perhaps [R15] is correct. Hillary still won the popular vote. So perhaps Putin and her neglect of the flyover states is what did her in. I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2017 4:38 PM

She made herself a punching bag, R14. Then, she set herself up as some sort of prognosticator. as though we all couldn't see that no matter the outcome of the election we are a divided nation, in saying that Trump's election was going to set off some sort of backlash that would be better for liberals than Hillary's victory. It certainly isn't better now, and it's not going to get better for quite a while (and in more deprecating moments, I wonder if it will in my lifetime).

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2017 4:38 PM

If Sarandon doesn't want any criticism, then perhaps she should just keep her stupid bitch mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2017 4:46 PM

The all need to shut up and go away but they fill the screens and airwaves...

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2017 3:22 AM

I'm surprised she's still getting work. I now associate her so thoroughly with Trump winning that I can't stand to see her smug face anywhere. I certainly avoided Feud because of her. Who's going to wear her stinky perfume? She needs to just go away.

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2017 3:25 AM

Dan's jealous he doesn't have a pussy. Well not a real one. Just the one he married.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 3:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!