Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Armie Hammer Part 6

Armie is devastated after Buzzfeed reveals he is really Gertrude Slezynski, a brewer’s secretary from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Meanwhile, Mrs Hammer stitches the children’s names into costumes from the The Crucible.

by Anonymousreply 60112/03/2017

Part 5

by Anonymousreply 111/27/2017

With Twink O'Tay, being interviewed by that creepo Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 211/27/2017

And I've heard that life in the brewery was not as dull as he pictured it.

by Anonymousreply 311/27/2017

R2 is that WWHL? I would love to see it.

by Anonymousreply 411/27/2017

I'm still upset about that article. Sure, in these threads we may make fun of him, but we're not a bunch of allegedly reputable journalists getting a fat paycheck from Buzzfeed. And I hate that she tries to dress up this unwarranted character assassination as "but I only care that marginalised groups don't get 2nd chances". Bitch please, you spent 95% of the piece taking personal attacks at him BC he's actually experiencing success and you knew it would generate clicks.

by Anonymousreply 511/27/2017

R2 Armie looks so sweet in that photo. He really has a lovely smile.

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2017

Looks like Armie skipped the red carpet tonight. Or is he just a no show? Everyone is there but him.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2017

Bc he's with Timmy. He always smiles like that when he's with him

by Anonymousreply 811/27/2017

Armie has said that his mother won't be watching CMBYN because she's very conservative.

by Anonymousreply 911/27/2017

Do you think Armie is going to be consoled by Luca's penis tonight?

by Anonymousreply 1011/27/2017

Cannot stand the guy and even I think this was a completely unnecessary hit piece. Like R5 said, bitching about him on an anonymous forum is one thing, but a journalist going after him like that... kinda makes me shudder. And 6.000 words as well!

I bet it's the Lady Bird people playing nasty after losing its per theatre average crown.

by Anonymousreply 1111/27/2017

All PR is good PR, right?

by Anonymousreply 1211/27/2017

The Hammers have arrived at the Gotham awards ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 1311/27/2017

lol I completely forgot about Elizabeth for a second. I was like "wait why isn't Armie there to put his arm around Timo".

by Anonymousreply 1411/27/2017

Bitches my ass is freezing up in har. Tell the ol lady it's uterUS, not uterYOU, and put some damn pants on.

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2017

he's so hot and she's so average.

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2017

You can see the hurt in his eyes :(

by Anonymousreply 1711/27/2017

R15 it took me a couple reads to finally get what you're saying -- I was so confused -- but LMAO! I even started hearing it in Bruce Willis' voice.

by Anonymousreply 1811/27/2017

Vulture of course

by Anonymousreply 1911/27/2017

r15, look at Armie's expression, he's fucking depressed. This hit piece has sent him into crisis.

by Anonymousreply 2011/27/2017

Wow, was that Buzzfeed article ever a hit job. Yikes. Wonder who inspired it? Probably some competing film company.

by Anonymousreply 2111/27/2017

He's traditionally handsome but so bland & not sexy in the least. Is the sudden interest here because of his gay role in CMBYN? So many threads

by Anonymousreply 2211/27/2017

That BuzzFeed article has already ended his career.

by Anonymousreply 2311/27/2017

He's sad.

by Anonymousreply 2411/27/2017

Do you think Armie has cried over it? I feel like giving him a big hug in that photo R24

by Anonymousreply 2511/27/2017

I refuse to read that article on Armie. I think he's just taking time off from Twitter to focus on the important things related to promoting this beautiful film that he could receive an Oscar nom for. Fuck Buzzfeed and that negative skank who wrote that article.There are a few dozen guys she could have written that article on, but she chose the current hot guy.

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2017

R26 you don't have to read it, just watch this and substitute "Armie" for "Brian"

by Anonymousreply 2711/27/2017

R27 that's pretty accurate. I laugh, but I'm sad for him.

by Anonymousreply 2811/27/2017

R27 someone clever should make a meme out of that clip and somehow combine the Armie/Buzzfeed fiasco, like they have done with that Hitler movie scene.

by Anonymousreply 2911/27/2017

[QUOTE]This hit piece has sent him into crisis.

Then he doesn't have what it takes to be any kind of leading actor.

by Anonymousreply 3011/27/2017

R30 what are you, prejudiced or something?

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2017

R30 maybe not, but that buzzfeed article was nasty clickbait shit anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3211/27/2017

R31 What?

R32 All the more reason he should've just ignored it.

by Anonymousreply 3311/27/2017

He is devastated

by Anonymousreply 3411/27/2017

christ, he really does look depressed, poor guy. I'd let him fuck me and I'd make him breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 3511/27/2017

He knows we’ll never look at him the same again.

by Anonymousreply 3611/27/2017

That bitch has snatched his triumphant moment and put misery in its place.

by Anonymousreply 3711/27/2017

They won’t even give him the Oscar now. It would be seen as a validation of the article.

by Anonymousreply 3811/27/2017

He wasn't getting the Oscar anyway. A nomination perhaps, but he was never going to win it.

by Anonymousreply 3911/27/2017

How can someone put that much effort and time into writing about an actor they don't like?

I mean a book about Hitler or Stalin fine but an actor who keeps plugging away?

by Anonymousreply 4011/27/2017

[quote]Do you think Armie has cried over it? I feel like giving him a big hug in that photo

R25 that's so funny. I was looking at his face @R24 and my first thought was, I wondered if he cried. Scrolled down one post and you wrote the above.

by Anonymousreply 4111/27/2017

That article was too fucking nasty. Who's the woman who wrote it? She's got an axe to grind that's probably nothing to do with Hammer.

by Anonymousreply 4211/27/2017

She probably turned him into a Deplorable. “Bill O’Reilly was right—it’s open season on white men. But we built this damn country!”

by Anonymousreply 4311/27/2017

The article that woman wrote was like she was exposing him as one of the Hollywood molesters of women. His only crime in this case is being white and mediocre. Seriously, and I'm not exaggerating, the article that woman wrote along with the disturbing gif of Armie's face over a 10 year period, is like something a psychotic person would come up with and is the type of thing to make the intended target commit suicide.

I'm serious.

by Anonymousreply 4411/27/2017

[QUOTE]I'm serious.

Then you're a fool.

by Anonymousreply 4511/27/2017

r45... you have to get inside the head of a Hollywood actor... 90% of them are narcissists. These kind of intricate character assassinations are soul destroying.

by Anonymousreply 4611/27/2017

She's a nobody. Yes, he has self-esteem issues and he may be a bit under the weather at the moment but that's about it, he'll survive and nobody (not even himself) will care about that article in a few days.

by Anonymousreply 4711/27/2017

Armieeeee

by Anonymousreply 4811/27/2017

But Armie's not an act-ore; he's an act-er.

by Anonymousreply 4911/27/2017

Plot twist : Mrs. Hammer ordered the hit piece as a last resort to keep her husband from flying away.

I hate to say this, but Luca might be the only that could help him debating his composure and Oscar nomination. Bring in Luca !

by Anonymousreply 5011/27/2017

R46 You're still a fool. You actually suggested that a Buzzfeed writer wrote an article with the intention of prodding someone to suicide. You're a fool, or insane. The funniest thing is how none of you can say what she wrote was wrong (apart from small details like his age a decade ago).

Plus, don't you think this kind of reaction just backs up the entitled picture she painted of him? Some negative press and he bitches about it, then storms off Twitter in a huff?

Also, if negative press articles could push narcissists to suicide, why isn't it working on Trump?

by Anonymousreply 5111/27/2017

Yes the animated head gif is the piece de resistance, the final 90 degree rotation of the knife.

I love how when you open the Buzzfeed article, the header is so big and bold and bright and fills the whole screen. It's like a Cyber Monday sale.

by Anonymousreply 5211/27/2017

[quote]Plot twist : Mrs. Hammer ordered the hit piece as a last resort to keep her husband from flying away.

YES! I love this. It's like something Mrs Bluth would do to Buster on Arrested Development.

by Anonymousreply 5311/27/2017

Armie will still get his Oscar nomination. This buzzfeed article will be seen for what it is: character assassination against someone who didn't deserve it. If anything, he'll gain sympathy from the industry. Meanwhile, it'll be up to him to re-open his twitter account. The next few months are really going to test his nerves and professionalism.

by Anonymousreply 5411/27/2017

R51 he didn't bitch about it, he replied politely and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 5511/27/2017

Mrs Hammer be walking away from the Buzzfeed article like...

by Anonymousreply 5611/27/2017

R55 and then he shut down his Twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 5711/27/2017

He will survive and come out of this better than OK. Buzzfeed is not the highest regarded publication. It is nothing more than pop culture and this no name bitch will get tremendous grief for an uncalled for hatchet job. Armie will get much sympathy for the cheap shot at him.

by Anonymousreply 5811/27/2017

R57 we don't know the reason though, it might have been because he got exhausted by all sort of responses, like it happened when he was away from Twitter from almost two months. I don't see any entitlement there, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5911/27/2017

Armie might get sympathy if he didn’t run away crying like a little girl. Now he’s just seen as pathetic. The author of the article couldn’t have asked for a better reaction.

by Anonymousreply 6011/27/2017

Anyone with the name Armie deserves a hatchet job.

by Anonymousreply 6111/27/2017

The writer of the hatchet job has a vocal fry. Another reason to despise her.

by Anonymousreply 6211/27/2017

lol @ Timmy's Instagram Story with Armie inside a heart.

by Anonymousreply 6311/27/2017

According to this queen, Anne Helen Peterson's Armie piece is proof of why she is 'the greatest pop culture writer of today'. Standards have fucking fallen since the days of Capote.

by Anonymousreply 6411/27/2017

I'm hoping you're 13 years old, R62/R64, because if not, the level of anger you're showing towards the author of a piece that was critical towards an actor you like is really weird.

by Anonymousreply 6511/27/2017

r65 is either Anne Helen or one of those tedious virtue signalling activists that circle twitter waiting for people to slip up.

by Anonymousreply 6611/27/2017

R66 Or, you know, a sane person.

by Anonymousreply 6711/27/2017

Gentlemen, I am woman for both of you.

by Anonymousreply 6811/27/2017

R60, a lot of celebrities close down their twitter/IG accounts when things get a little too hot. They don't post, and they don't receive shit during the crazy moments. He's not running away like a little girl. The dude is under a lot of pressure, and responding to a hack job article about him, he needs a breather and a break from the poison of the internet. He'll be back in some form when he's ready.

by Anonymousreply 6911/27/2017

the knight in shining armour

by Anonymousreply 7011/27/2017

[QUOTE]The dude is under a lot of pressure

Pressure from what? He’s been living a fairy tale life. The fuck kind of pressure is he experiencing? Was he laid off from work? Is he struggling to put food on the table? Does he have to choose what bills to pay this month? Is he in danger of losing his healthcare? Tell us about the arduous pressure that Armie Hammer’s been faced with.

by Anonymousreply 7111/27/2017

I read that as "The Knight In Shining Amour" the first time, which also makes sense

Anyway good on Xavier, and hot burn:

"Anyone’s background here as privileged white men isn’t half as instructive as your disdain for a community of artists you gratuitously defame rather than scrutinize. “Petersen has a Ph.D. from the University Of Texas and wrote her dissertation on the gossip industry”. No shit."

by Anonymousreply 7211/27/2017

R71 you forgot to mention that he's "cis".

by Anonymousreply 7311/27/2017

Fuck off, R73. I’m still not even entirely sure what cis means.

by Anonymousreply 7411/27/2017

Xavier Dolan is just projecting because he's triggered by the assessment of white, mediocre males. He fits the bill, after all.

by Anonymousreply 7511/27/2017

ONTD has turned on him as well

"pour some vinegar on him so he can do something exciting for once."

"I haven't even seen the movie, but now I want Timothee to be nominated and not him, even if he's not good. The petty/bitter/entitled spiral that would come out of that would be too good."

by Anonymousreply 7611/27/2017

r76, just clicked on your link and OMG, what a snake pit. Twenty somethings on an internet forum really are a pack of evil, vitriolic, pot stirring bitches.

by Anonymousreply 7711/27/2017

If anything, Anne Helen Peterson should have used the Hammers Christmas Card the basis of her attack. I think that is something we can all agree on was a huge mistake.

by Anonymousreply 7811/27/2017

how does livejournal even exist anymore?

ONTD has been utter shit for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 7911/27/2017

It's hard for me to feel sorry for anyone who can comfortably pay all their bills, have a nice place to live and get all the sex they want despite each of their films tanking.

by Anonymousreply 8011/27/2017

r80, I do feel sorry for beautiful, privileged people that have every advantage and opportunity to succeed and then fail to do so. There's something paralysing about getting what you want at every turn. Maybe if Armie had to suffer for his art, he'd be a better actor. I feel sorry for Armie because of his mediocrity. I feel sorry for him because he does not have a genius for acting. Because if he did, all the rest of it would be easier to swallow. Although Luca evidently had no trouble in that department.

by Anonymousreply 8111/27/2017

[quote]You can see the hurt in his eyes :(

Settle down, Tumblrina. Armie will go home, count his money, and be fine.

by Anonymousreply 8211/27/2017

Call Me just won Best Picture at the Gothams tonight, along with Timmy's Breakthrough Actor. That should perk up Armie.

by Anonymousreply 8311/27/2017

R80 you don’t know the pressure this dude’s been under. Actually I don’t either—still waiting to read about it.

by Anonymousreply 8411/27/2017

Jesus, some insensitive people here! Because he's wealthy and handsome and white he can't feel hurt or sad about the article? Because money buys happiness? I'm not getting THAT logic.

by Anonymousreply 8511/27/2017

Luca is a winner tonight

by Anonymousreply 8611/27/2017

Is that limp smile the most he could conjure up?

by Anonymousreply 8711/27/2017

R85 you need to apply for your right to unhappiness or personal issues. If you don't check any of the boxes that the SJW Commitée has approved, you'd better shut up, endure and feel extremely guilty.

by Anonymousreply 8811/27/2017

Also from ONTD

"so what exactly happened? every time I wanted to read the post there were like 600 comments lmao"

"Some edgy white lady wrote a hit piece on him being a potato and he and his stans shat their pants"

by Anonymousreply 8911/27/2017

There are those of us who have difficulty paying all our bills, live in small cramped spaces, get no sex and feel hurt and sad about how we are treated by others.

So yeah poor big rich man gets no sympathy from me.

by Anonymousreply 9011/27/2017

[quote]Because he's wealthy and handsome and white he can't feel hurt or sad about the article?

He can feel however he wants to feel - but it's ridiculous for someone in his current position to attach so much importance to an article on a pop culture website that he's deleting long-standing social media accounts and having any kind of public sad about it. He didn't get taken down by the New York Times, FFS. In a few days no one will give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 9111/27/2017

It's only "soft-deleted", isn't it? He can recover it and I think that the old content is recovered as well.

In any case, he'll be better off away from Twitter and after all, he'd been mostly away for a few weeks before deleting.

by Anonymousreply 9211/27/2017

R76 ONTD hate everyone who isn't black. Literally, go onto any post about a white celebrity and they'll be making comments about how bored they are with white people and making comments that'd be considered racist against any other race. They're the kind of people who'll attack black people for dating outside their race. Awful people.

As for Armie, he's 31 years old. He shouldn't be so thin-skinned by now that articles like the Buzzfeed one actually get a response from him, much less him deleting his Twitter account. The oddest part is he thinks that on his previous projects there've been nefarious plots to sabotage them - so shouldn't he have been expecting an article like this?

As for it engendering sympathy from the Hollywood community - ha. Sympathy isn't something they're known for. A few rich white guys will stick up for him, because the article was an attack on them too, but it's not going to get him sympathy votes for any awards.

by Anonymousreply 9311/27/2017

If he's feeling down, I'll feel him up.

by Anonymousreply 9411/27/2017

He’s a sensitive little pussy. Imagine if he actually had to work for a living and spend within a yearly budget that’s a modicum of what he made off his last box office bomb. The real world would eat him alive. I’d love it if I could run from my “pressure” by simply shutting down my Twitter account and retreating into my little Hollywood fantasy world for comfort.

by Anonymousreply 9511/27/2017

What kind of underwear do you think Armie wears?

These are the important questions we should be asking.

by Anonymousreply 9611/27/2017

As the late Ann Wedgeworth said in [italic]Sweet Dreams,[/italic] somebody needs to fix him a sugar tit.

by Anonymousreply 9711/27/2017

R96 Ralph Lauren boxer shorts, bought by his wife

by Anonymousreply 9811/27/2017

Also from ONTD

Armie Hammer Bakie Soda

by Anonymousreply 9911/27/2017

I tried reading that Buzzfeed article but it was so so long & tedious I just quit. I'm sure that will be the reaction of the majority of people. It did come across as a hit piece and for no reason whatsoever.. It's not like Armie Hammer is Harvey Weinstein sexually harassing women. He's just another good looking actor that's never quite become a star. He's doing what most actors in that situation do--try out for smaller quality projects. He keeps getting second chances because he's a decent actor & not just because he's white like the Buzzfeed writer suggests.

There are other minority actors that also get multiple chances and they continue to not put butts in the theater seats. People like Halle Berry comes to mind. She's still riding the coat tails of her undeserved Oscar.

Don't see why you need to knock a guy for attempting to get a job in an industry he obviously loves.

by Anonymousreply 10011/27/2017

Slate jumped in and wrote a piece telling Armie to man up and reactivate his Twitter.

Social Media is supposed to be fun. Why the fuck would he reactivate when all it gets him is attacked? I'm honestly surprised he didn't do it sooner because ever since the James Woods tweet people have been tagging Armie on Twitter asking if he's a pedophile and condemning him for doing the film. This was just the final straw.

by Anonymousreply 10111/27/2017

Shut up about ONTD, they hate everyone.

by Anonymousreply 10211/27/2017

He’s been under a lot of pressure.

by Anonymousreply 10311/27/2017

I think Armie has been taking a lot of heat especially because of the 10 year age difference between him and Timmy. Armie was 29 and Timmy was 19 during the filming, so assholes are really going to go after him in this volatile climate of pedophiles and sexual perverts. They don't care that both Armie and Timmy are actors, they just want to make him out to be some perv on this kid. It's so ignorant and sad.

by Anonymousreply 10411/27/2017

I checked out the responses to Armie's tweet about the article on his account last night, and they were almost entirely supportive of him - very few people were tweeting anything negative at HIM, though in other places, like the Buzzfeed author's Twitter, it was not as rosy. So it's not like he was getting a barrage of negativity in his own house, so to speak. The deletion is over the top.

by Anonymousreply 10511/27/2017

Friends will be friends

by Anonymousreply 10611/27/2017

R104 Your complaints about people infantilising Timothee might carry more weight if you yourself weren't using an infantilised version of his name

by Anonymousreply 10711/27/2017

The missus providing us with the best content

by Anonymousreply 10811/27/2017

R107 everyone calls Timothee, Timmy, especially Armie and Luca. I'm not infantalizing him.

by Anonymousreply 10911/27/2017

I'm sure Armie is happy now, his film won and Timmy's ecstaticness is infectious (check his Instagram story).

by Anonymousreply 11011/27/2017

As hateful as that Buzzfeed article is there's no denying the fact that Armie has had lots and lots of opportunities to fail. Look at all the high budget movies he's been & continues to sign on. I think it has more to do with his wealth and connections. NO other white boy actor with so many bombed movies, get so many chances. Taylor Kitch another white boy comes to mind. Armie is a decent actor, not bad by any means, but there are way better actor out there.

by Anonymousreply 11111/27/2017

Trying to follow this, but I thought being on Twitter was a voluntary thing. Now in order to 'man up' you have to go on it? Slate is obviously just trying to jump in on the publicity. Armie Hammer is not the first celebrity to leave social media over some perceived slight. For some so called celebrities, manning up would involve actually involve leaving Twitter. Also for some so called President.

by Anonymousreply 11211/27/2017

Exactly, R111. Plus Armie was the perfect choice for an article like this because of all the nuggets of douchiness the writer could throw in as well - like his "ATF bachelors party", plus he's popular right now.

But nooo, it must be because the writer is psychotic and is trying to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 11311/27/2017

R111 obviously this isn't true. There have been quite a few actors that Hollywood has tried to make happen in a series of movies and failed at it. Usually what they have in common is that they look movie star handsome & have charisma so the directors , producers keep taking a chance . Hammer is not unique at all. Here's a 2013 article about this very subject.

And R113 this article is a a way to write about this subject without being a total bitch about it like that buzzfeed writer. She managed to make an actor that wasn't even on most people's radar and one that wasn't even popular ( I mean everyone hated the Winkelvoss twins in that Facebook movie) and her very over the top hatchet job article made him sympathetic. Maybe she's not psychotic--just a bad writer who culled together some gossip pieces into a very wordy article.

by Anonymousreply 11411/27/2017

Given you said you quit reading it, R114, because you can't handle long or wordy articles, how would you even know what she was saying? I guess, given that, it's hardly shocking you linked to a "top ten" style piece

by Anonymousreply 11511/27/2017

R115 I'm capable of reading long, wordy novels & well written think pieces. This was neither of those. This was a hit piece and boring as hell which is why I stopped reading it. That article that you call a top ten style piece had more intelligent things to say than that nonsense written by a poor ass buzzfeed writer. What are you, her PR agent.

Here's a quote from that article I linked: "t’s hardly the first time (and won’t be the last) Hollywood has decided that a certain actor is gonna be huge and has done all it can to make that happen, and yet it hasn’t. It’s kind of strange and a little unfair that in a town where we’re regularly assured that every waiter is an actor waiting for his break, some never get a shot while others get more than one, even if audiences don’t embrace them the first time out. But it also shows how strange an echo-box tinseltown can be—sometimes all that needs to happen is that Studio X hears Studio Y loves This Guy for their next big star, and Studio X then has to cast him, and so on. Then a few years later This Guy has six movies coming out, and is on every magazine cover, and audiences, unless they fall in love with him instantly, feel a little aggrieved that they’re so forcefully being sold an unknown quantity."

That's more insight in 1 paragraph than what that Buzzfeed writer could manage to say in 6000 words.

by Anonymousreply 11611/27/2017

How would you know, given you'd apparently only manage, what, about a thousand of those words? Offended fangirls are the utter worst.

by Anonymousreply 11711/27/2017

Didn't even know who she was writing about R117 until she mentioned the winkelvoss twins in the Social Network so not even remotely a fangirl. I could barely pick him out of a lineup. I just recognize a hit piece when I read it. There was absolutely no need to pound on this guy for being a struggling actor like a million others out there and act like he represents some kind of white supremacy. There are many actors who're given multiple chances to make it. There are many actresses as well.

If she wanted to make a point about minority actors, then she should have given examples of any who were in movies that bombed and who were subsequently not given a chance to make it. If you're going to say this one actor trampled on the opportunity of a whole lot of others, then you need to show some examples. Whose roles did he steal. I know he's in Call Me By Your Name now, but that's not exactly a big blockbuster movie that's going to make you rich or even necessarily a star. What exactly did she want him to do? Give up on being an actor because in her opinion he failed too many times? Her entire premise of the article was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 11811/27/2017

Well, speaking of ridiculous premises, your claim that you didn't even know who Hammer was is ludicrous.

So, you started reading this article about someone you didn't know, then felt so angered by this article about someone you didn't know that you decided to look up a thread about the person you didn't know, then continue to post in the thread?

Also, if you don't know who he is how can you state that he obviously loves the industry, like you did in R100?

[QUOTE]it. There was absolutely no need to pound on this guy

Aside from him being rich, a douche, in a popular film, being talked about for award contention, and having made so many mishaps that it'd add fun spice to an article? What makes Hammer immune from criticism, compared to the ten guys listed in the article you linked to?

by Anonymousreply 11911/27/2017

Really R119, that's what you got? I read lots of articles about people I don't know. I've read Call Me By Your Name so I was reading a review of this weekend's box office which linked to stories about the actor which led to the buzzfeed article. I've seen the pictures of the actors in the movie but didn't know their names so no not some big fan.

I deduced he loved acting because he didn't quit the business after his many failures as the article pointed out. He's not immune from criticism. The article, however, was just a very silly hit job which negated any point it was trying to make. One man doesn't represent the entire white race trampling on the rights of minority actors.

by Anonymousreply 12011/27/2017

Why are you so obsessed with this heterosexual? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 12111/27/2017

Glad he didn't quit. Nor do so many other actors who are written off after a dud. Most of them turn to TV. Fact is why is he given chance after chance in big movies? He brings nothing unique. Zac Efron is another that comes to mind. Efron does have a huge fan following from his days on the hit tv teen show. Armie Hammer is a mystery. Hollywood is otherwise quite ruthless. I doubt if Charlie Hunnam will get another big break after his recent couple duds.

by Anonymousreply 12211/27/2017

He needs to get on Propecia ASAP or his hairline is really going to give him something to cry about.

by Anonymousreply 12311/27/2017

[quote]He needs to get on Propecia ASAP or his hairline is really going to give him something to cry about.

There's a scene in CALL ME BY YOUR NAME where his hair is wet and slicked back and I began thinking about how long it will be before he'd need hair implants.

by Anonymousreply 12411/27/2017

[quote]What kind of underwear do you think Armie wears?

Briefs or thong/g-string. Possibly a jockstrap or even freeballing.

by Anonymousreply 12511/27/2017

[quote]I deduced he loved acting because he didn't quit the business after his many failures as the article pointed out. He's not immune from criticism. The article, however, was just a very silly hit job which negated any point it was trying to make. One man doesn't represent the entire white race trampling on the rights of minority actors.

Exactly R120. Most people on Twitter are supportive of him and clearly saw the writing as a hit piece and that includes people of color.

It wasn't that the subject matter wasn't relevant it was that she spent most of her time attacking him (role by role in detail) and he was clearly the wrong person to use to make this point when there are so many other actually problematic actors that fit what she was going for. Armie has consistently worked his way up, he doesn't say or do anything that most people would find offensive and it's not like he starred in big budget film after big budget film as the main draw. He wasn't the star of "The Social Network" he was just an actor in it who was playing real people who are also actually white. He didn't carry "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." that was also Henry Cavill's film.

He's currently getting attention for an Indie which she claimed was calculated. Perhaps it is but it's clear he went all in.

I do take his word for it when he says he genuinely loves acting because it's clear he doesn't have to do it. It's also clear that Twitter can be a toxic environment. Thin skin or not, no one has to be on Twitter.

It would have been better to focus on someone like Alex Pettyfer who, with his often talked about bad behavior, clearly seems to keep getting multiple chances.

by Anonymousreply 12611/27/2017

Timothee was sweet to emphasize Armie's talent when thanking him tonight.

by Anonymousreply 12711/27/2017

Arnie is a mediocre actor who is lucky to be white and super rich otherwise his career would have been stopped years ago.

This is not an attack, this is facts.

by Anonymousreply 12811/27/2017

And for God sake Timothée name is TIMOTHEE, not Timmy.

He's not a fucking 3 years old.

Argh, seriously Timmy is the worst nickname ever for an adult man.

by Anonymousreply 12911/28/2017

By the way, I've just read the article.

It's really not that bad. She's not kissing his poor ass and it's not flattering but it's not character assassination either.

by Anonymousreply 13011/28/2017

Actually it’s a good point to make that Armie hasn’t really been given more chances to fail than anyone else. He was given one really big film that failed; then he was given a smaller film which he held 50/50 with Cavill which failed; and then exiled to indies. This is really not an exceptional situation. Someone like Chris Pine was given more chances to fail in leads before he found his voice in supporting roles in studio films like Into the Woods and Wonder Woman.

I think it was more Hammer’s attitude in THR article which set the reporter off than her alleged thesis. What he did was recontextualize any professional setback as an assault of his stardom. There was a ghastliness to his Nate Parker/Casey Affleck comparison in that the ultimate reason in dredging it up was to point out how he, a white male, was denied recognition in a movie about slavery by a black filmmaker about black historical figures. (This is not the first time he has made slavery about himself either; he criticized a black recording artist for using slave shackles ironically on his album cover art by tweeting ‘I made a movie about slavery and I don’t understand why anyone would want to resurrect this kind of imagery (paraphrasing)’.). And he also more or less acknowledges that the current climate regarding sex might affect his potential plaudits for CMBYN, and then goes on to grope the male reporter without his permission.

I don’t think the Buzzfeed writer provided a good argument to support her thesis in regards to Armie’s white privilege, but she more than enough provided enough material to chip away at Armie’s self-regard which was probably her ultimate goal.

by Anonymousreply 13111/28/2017

R131 yeah, that sounds about right. I just hope he grows from this and doesn't grow bitter or cynical. Channel your emotions into quality acting, Armie. Let your work speak for itself.

by Anonymousreply 13211/28/2017

Oh come on mate, get a grip. It was done in jest

"and then goes on to grope the male reporter without his permission."

by Anonymousreply 13311/28/2017

Again that’s the optics of privilege, because Armie is young and good looking and identifies publicly as straight and the reporter is presumedly gay, he gets away with it. If Kevin Spacey does it, it’s assault.

by Anonymousreply 13411/28/2017

R116 - I also got bored with the article and ended up having to skim. It started ok - went on too long and got dull.

As someone else has said - it wasn’t a complete character assassination - just says a rich, pretty, very tall, douchey guy has had rather a lot of chances to make it big - and hasn’t. Which would seem to be true.

Seem to remember hearing a story (think it was a you must remember this podcast!) where some director or producer told a neophyte William Holden that he should keep plugging away - but that he was too young and pretty and wouldn’t start to see success till he got older and his face developed some character. Which is what happened.

Also remember years ago an article about how Hollywood tried to make Diane Lane into a STAR! - and tho she had lots of chances and was so gorgeous - it still hadn’t happened. Yet she’s still working regularly - and probably gets better notices and more recognition than she did when she was younger. So it’s not without precedent.

If Hammer is serious about it - he’ll stick to it and keep taking those interesting indie parts and keep building character and cred. And thank his lucky stars he being offered rolles at all! And at least he’s in a position to pick and chose and actually do that. I mean - he says he doesn’t take money from his family. Which is admirable. But there’s no way I can see him as a cater-waiter between gigs. Ain’t no way that boy will starve!

by Anonymousreply 13511/28/2017

ONTD is on it these days

by Anonymousreply 13611/28/2017

Ontd is literally the only site slamming him. More people are tweeting about that article's mean-spiritness. The majority is on Armie's side.

by Anonymousreply 13711/28/2017

He has a good friend at least.

by Anonymousreply 13811/28/2017

Timothee does love him a lot doesn't he. It's adorable.

by Anonymousreply 13911/28/2017

Fucked up the link. Here it is.

by Anonymousreply 14011/28/2017

Timothée's acceptance speech.

by Anonymousreply 14111/28/2017

CMBYN wins Best Feature.

by Anonymousreply 14211/28/2017

Yes there's a thread for CMBYN. I want to talk about Armie's meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 14311/28/2017

Seems he got drunk to celebrate/make himself feel better.

Elizabeth refers to her, Armie and Timmy (plus Robert Pattinson?) as 'modern family' in her caption. Timmy is officially adopted I guess.

by Anonymousreply 14411/28/2017

I need a meltdown like that.

by Anonymousreply 14511/28/2017

Now Robert Pattinson is a good example of an attractive but not exceptionally talented white man who is given chances after failing as a leading man over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 14611/28/2017

You can't compare him with Pattinson tho.

Pattinson was in a mega popular (even if shitty) franchise. He has fangurls to see his small indie movies. Hammer doesn't have them.

by Anonymousreply 14711/28/2017

R147 Judging by the amount of peach emojis in the Gotham Awards live stream comments last night, he does now.

by Anonymousreply 14811/28/2017

You take two straight white guys and make them kiss and of course Tumblr gonna love it.

by Anonymousreply 14911/28/2017

[quote]You take two straight white guys and make them kiss and of course Tumblr gonna love it.

Exactly. I don't think these Tumbler CMBYN fans are going to see Hotel Mumbai or Freakshift. They like the idea of him kissing the French mouse.

by Anonymousreply 15011/28/2017

The biggest problem with the Buzzfeed article is that Hammer is actually a poor example of what Peterson was trying to illustrate. Hammer's filmography is not that long. It averages out to about 2 films a year, and the vast majority are either not leading roles, or in small films. Hammer got really good buzz from a great performance in an unexpected huge hit film (The Social Network). From that, he got J. Edgar, Mirror Mirror, The Lone Ranger and Man From UNCLE in quick succession (the writer either didn't know or conveniently leaves out that Man From UNCLE was long-delayed, making his "chances" seem longer than they actually were). After Lone Ranger flopped bigly, he's signed onto nothing but smaller budget or indie films. The CMBYN buzz is driven entirely from critics and audience response to the film. This idea that the big studios keep trying to push him as the next big movie star is bullshit. He got his big chance, he failed, and now he's a steady working actor. CMBYN will get him more good roles, but it's not like anyone is tripping over themselves to build a franchise around him.

There are tons of great examples of the white guy getting chance after chance (ahem, Ryan Reynolds), but Hammer really isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 15111/28/2017

Maybe this was posted on the other Armie thread but Armie's mother will not see Call Me By Your Name.

by Anonymousreply 15211/28/2017

R151 I think it's basically what the articles says.

He can't be a lead so he's a working actor with smaller roles in smaller movies.

What the article says tho is that it was not his choice when he says it was cause he's a serious actor who loves the art.

by Anonymousreply 15311/28/2017

R153, he larger point is that Hammer is one of the many white guys who get to fail but keep happening. "But none have been afforded the sort of second, and third, and fourth chances that Hammer has been." Which is really misleading.

She tries to lump him into the category of white guy who keeps failing up, when in reality it's pretty clear he accepted that big movie star wasn't going to work for him and went the indie route instead. Her big complaint seems to be that he's blames everyone but himself for his big movie failures and is now being an "indie martyr." But he's not a fucking Kardashian trying to play thespian--he's actually a pretty decent actor. That's why it feels like a silly hit piece--what the fuck is her problem with him exactly? That he doesn't seem humble enough?

by Anonymousreply 15411/28/2017

Her problem is more like how minority actor would not have as many chances or even any good chance to start with as a lead actor. He's not able to see he's privileged, like most people.

He's not the problem, the problem is that others actors are not given the same opportunities to fail again and again as lead and work anyway.

by Anonymousreply 15511/28/2017

R144 Damn that Timothy Chalamet would be hot if he’d put some meat on his bones. Without clothes he looks like a North Korean prisoner. His ass must be completely non-existent, just a slit at the end of his skeletal back.

by Anonymousreply 15611/28/2017

R155, again Hammer is not the best or even a really good example of this. Which is why it reads more like a silly hit piece than a real critique.

Having said that, Hammer's response is all wrong. He should just laugh it off. How celebrities in 2017 still haven't learned that righteous indignation over stupid slights is always the wrong response is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 15711/28/2017

r156 you see TImmy's butt in CMBYN and it's better than I expected it to be! He has a cute little butt!

by Anonymousreply 15811/28/2017

R156 or as my sister calls it, a 'bass' (back + ass)

by Anonymousreply 15911/28/2017

R155 He may not be the best choice to illustrate her point, but he is in the news now. So like his film role choices, it is a matter of timing that he was the subject matter. She is a mediocre writer btw, for someone with a PhD. Her pieces on old Hollywood actors are entry level fan girl writing.

by Anonymousreply 16011/28/2017

R152 that is so sad. There was a time when I wanted to be an actor. My mom was all supportive and everything. We'd even talk about what if I got an Oscar nomination or win, and she'd say she would be the proudest mama ever, sitting in the front row (she didn't know seats are assigned). Needless to say, it didn't happen. I'm in my thirties now. Not bitter at all. In fact, I've become more private as I've aged, so I thank God I don't have to deal with paparazzi and the like. Anyway, it made me sad that Armie's own mother won't watch his film that's getting raves and Oscar buzz. That to me is just so sad, for some reason. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 16111/28/2017

Well some parents are simply uncomfortable watching their children in love scenes onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 16211/28/2017

I mean don't get me wrong, there's plenty or reason to believe that Hammer mere is a right wing bigot, but there is also that aspect of it.

by Anonymousreply 16311/28/2017

R162 Armie said she's very conservative and disagrees with the subject matter, and that they don't discuss politics anymore because they're at opposite ends of the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 16411/28/2017

Well yes the mother's side of the family is batshit crazy and is largely responsible for diverting the remnants of Armand Hammer's fortune from the Metropolitan Opera and National Gallery to Jews for Jesus. I think that was discussed in Part 2.

by Anonymousreply 16511/28/2017

R135 if that was her intention, she failed miserably. A 6,000 word hit piece on Armie Hammer, of all people, in no way helped minorities. Worse yet, it was friendly fire: He's on the right side if the issue, even if he expressed it awkwardly.

Idiot SJWs attacking other liberals are worse than right-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 16611/28/2017

Armie was blocking people who liked the article before he closed his Twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 16711/28/2017

Wow, for such a big strapping bloke, Armie is such a snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 16811/28/2017

This isn’t really a shock to anyone who saw the Comic Con interview where he began to cry.

by Anonymousreply 16911/28/2017

Even X. Dolan calls him a good actor instead of a great one. Armie is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 17011/28/2017

I don't think he cried, did he? I recall him looking sad after being asked about JUSTICE LEAGUE falling through when he was originally cast as Batman. But I don't remember any tears.

by Anonymousreply 17111/28/2017

His eyes are sad, he looks sad a lot of the time when he's probably just drowsy, hungover or bored.

by Anonymousreply 17211/28/2017

[quote]Well yes the mother's side of the family is batshit crazy and is largely responsible for diverting the remnants of Armand

His dad isn't any better. He comes from a pretty conservative and crazy family and he is a very different person from them. He is hardly the first person to have that happen.

I mean his life is pretty amazing, no need to cry over his mom not watching his movie. Compared to many other people and their family relationships there is nothing to complain about.

by Anonymousreply 17311/28/2017

he doesn't "cry" over it, he actually says he's okay with his mother not wanting to watch the movie.

by Anonymousreply 17411/28/2017

And he wasn't complaining in that interview. Andy Cohen asked him about his mother seeing the movie, and that got the subject started. Armie answered his questions, and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 17511/28/2017

You realize you don't have the God-given right to troll someone's Twitter account? That's what blocking is for...just like on DL.

by Anonymousreply 17611/28/2017

R171 you can judge for yourself, we made a GIF out of it

by Anonymousreply 17711/28/2017

R114 I'd forgotten about Skeet Ulrich, Stephen Dorff, Sam Worthington and Josh Hartnett. Though Ryan Reynolds is the most inexplicable career in the movies. He'd had nothing but flops till Deadpool and now they act like he's a big A lister. He's in a fucking superhero flick - nobody in a superhero flick will ever have a career outside said superhero flick.

by Anonymousreply 17811/28/2017

I think people like Ryan Reynolds even if they don't go to see his movies.

He has a good sense of humor and knows he's not a very good actor anyway.

by Anonymousreply 17911/28/2017

I'd be upset if my parents didn't support my heavily acclaimed and successful work. Especially considering Timmy's mom is showing up to all the events in NYC including last night. It's got to sting a little.

by Anonymousreply 18011/28/2017

One wonders how he manages to go on r180.

by Anonymousreply 18111/28/2017

Haha, god, all you pathetic people coming up with all these names of people from the past - she wasn't going to write an article in 2017 about Skeet fucking Ulrich. Hammer is in a film getting big attention, and he's getting award talk. That's why she chose him. Unbunch your fucking panties.

[QUOTE]It's really not that bad. She's not kissing his poor ass and it's not flattering but it's not character assassination either.

To these fanfraus, anything that isn't ass-kissing is considered character assassination. They're like teenage girls who can't handle someone not worshipping their favourite singer. I mean, god, we have a loon in this thread saying the writer was trying to get Hammer to commit suicide.

R129 Right? It's weird and creepy. They excuse it by saying "oh that's what Hammer calls him" - but you don't call someone by a nickname unless you know them well enough. Of course, these loons probably think they do know them well enough.

by Anonymousreply 18211/28/2017

R182 it isn't just fangirls. Level-headed people thought it was mean-spirited, as well. I'm not a follower of either Chalamet nor Hammer, but CMBYN film has piqued my interest in them, which is why I'm here.

by Anonymousreply 18311/28/2017

R181 why do the far left and far right lack compassion?

by Anonymousreply 18411/28/2017

[QUOTE]I'm not a follower of either Chalamet nor Hammer

Fourteen posts in this thread says otherwise.

[QUOTE]but CMBYN film has piqued my interest in them, which is why I'm here.

Here, in the Armie Hammer thread, not the CMBYN thread, how odd for a non-follower of Hammer.

by Anonymousreply 18511/28/2017

Can we please call him Bakie Sode from now on?

by Anonymousreply 18611/28/2017

This thread has kept me entertained for days

by Anonymousreply 18711/28/2017

But have you guys seen the part of the Andy Cohen interview when Luca's talking about Armie's balls? How he had to digitally remove them and 'put them somewhere else' yeah, right in your Armie Hammer Spank Bank. Plus talking about how big they were lmao. All four of them were just laughing along like discussing your colleagues balls is nothing out of the ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 18811/28/2017

Sounds like the kind of article written by a homely nerd about the hot chick whom he knows would never give him the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 18911/28/2017

There's now a cringeworthy article on Vice on how Armie Hammer is "the internet's new boyfriend"... couldn't be worse timed.

by Anonymousreply 19011/28/2017

R185 what is your point? I found out about the movie in early October. I'd been away from DL this year, for the most part, because it's gotten too toxic, IMO, so I've only visited off and on. Anyway, I came to see if there was a thread about the film. That thread was simultaneous with this one (though I believe it was Part 4 back then), so naturally I've been checking both for news/updates. Some people post movie stuff on this thread, too. At any rate, both threads are saved on the right, so it's not like I have to hunt them down each time. If it's got new comments, I click and read.

by Anonymousreply 19111/28/2017

[quote] Though Ryan Reynolds is the most inexplicable career in the movies. He'd had nothing but flops till Deadpool and now they act like he's a big A lister.

Not really R178. He was a child actor who started doing smaller roles on TV shows, got a tv series of his own, did a few indie films, then comedies and finally hit it big with Deadpool.

His main thing was always comedy. Two Guys and a Girl, The Proposal and Just Friends come to mind. He tried being the pretty boy in Amityville and Blade Trinity (where his role was again, mainly comic relief.) So it does make sense that he ended up becoming an "A Lister" in a role where his job is to be funny while being covered in a suit (and when not in a suit his character is covered in scars so he is nearly unrecognizable) in the Deadpool franchise. He's the funny guy that happens to be attractive. He's not the attractive guy that wants to be something else.

Deadpool is a franchise where his looks don't play a role at all.

Armie, Chris Pine, etc. couldn't pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 19211/28/2017

R188 Reaching. They're all clearly friends outside of being colleagues. R190 Actually couldn't be better timed. He clearly is the internet's new boyfriend with the way everybody has been leaping to his defense.

by Anonymousreply 19311/28/2017

[quote]Fourteen posts in this thread says otherwise.

You have *at least* 15 from one device alone. What's YOUR agenda?

by Anonymousreply 19411/28/2017

Nah I don't really mean anything by it. If they can all have a laugh about Armie's balls good for them.

Question, with all the buzz surrounding the movie and the best selling opening weekend and stuff, will there be a second release internationally as well? Or just more viewings in America?

by Anonymousreply 19511/28/2017

Reviewers should try to retain some dignity when they "review" Armie in CMBYN:

[quote] Certainly, his (Oliver/Armie)'s handsomeness is so extreme that the camera tends to be angled up at him, as if at one of the ancient bronze deities over which the Professor enthuses. When Oliver wades in a cold stream one glorious day, you stare at him and think, My God, he IS a god.

by Anonymousreply 19611/28/2017

r196 did George Peppard ever get notices like that?

by Anonymousreply 19711/28/2017

[QUOTE]You have *at least* 15 from one device alone. What's YOUR agenda?

Mocking fangirls and trying to bring a little sanity and reality to this thread. Admittedly, the latter is rather Sisyphean, so it's mostly just mocking.

by Anonymousreply 19811/28/2017

Little known fact, but Sisyphus had a great-grandson named Sisyphie.

by Anonymousreply 19911/28/2017

R198 why don't you do something constructive with your time? Like, something positive? Frankly, I don't understand people who waste time and energy on negativity. If a particular subject doesn't interest me or repels me, I just ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 20011/28/2017

Mocking people about bumb harmless things is funny.

by Anonymousreply 20111/28/2017

"Frankly, I don't understand people who waste time and energy on negativity."

OK, WHY are you on DataLounge of all places then???

by Anonymousreply 20211/28/2017

Fuck Armie! With his stupid name!!! How are we supposed to take him seriously with a name like ARMIE? I think he’s full of it!

by Anonymousreply 20311/28/2017

The Buzzfeed article is dead on. He's shit.

by Anonymousreply 20411/28/2017

He’s like a male version of Dina Merrill.

by Anonymousreply 20511/28/2017

R198 thanks for admitting you're just trolling. Makes it easier to block you and your sock puppets.

by Anonymousreply 20611/28/2017

[QUOTE]Makes it easier to block you and your sock puppets

When you say stuff like that, all it does is expose the kind of tactics you yourself use. After all, why would anyone think someone else is using sock puppets if they weren't using them already?

by Anonymousreply 20711/28/2017

I dug up my grandpas corpse and skull fucked it!

by Anonymousreply 20811/28/2017

My mother couldn’t get the wire hanger far enough up her cunt when she tried to abort me.

by Anonymousreply 20911/28/2017

It's so sad that Armie's publicist is now pushing "Armie's Balls Are So Big They Had to be Digitally Removed" as an antidote to this story.

by Anonymousreply 21011/28/2017

Actually, R210, that was something that was already mentioned at one of the Q&As from a few weeks ago, probably Toronto. Andy Cohen just wanted to talk about dicks, balls and ex-girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 21111/28/2017

[quote]The Buzzfeed article is shit.

Fixed it.

The real problem with the article is that her thesis is flawed. "Hollywood" isn't trying to make Armie happen. His best role to date has been in the indie CMBYN. Agree with others that there are better examples. She singled out AH for a hit piece because he's current, not because he really fit the bill.

My go-to example of this phenomenon is McBongo. After A Time to Kill, way back in 1996, he got cast as a lead in film after film, mostly flops, for decades, long after it was clear he would never be "the next big thing." But, God bless him, he hung in there and finally won an Oscar. He had to starve himself nearly to death, ruining his looks forever in the process, but he got the recognition he always wanted.

by Anonymousreply 21211/28/2017

Would anyone be surprised to find out that Armie uses the casting couch?

by Anonymousreply 21311/28/2017

I'd be surprised to find out he doesn't, R213

by Anonymousreply 21411/28/2017

I’m a morbidly obese transperson genderfluid person of color that eats its own blackheads!

by Anonymousreply 21511/28/2017

Allegedly Kevin Spacey helped him get cast in J Edgar.

by Anonymousreply 21611/28/2017

I'm sure Dustin Lance Black helped too, R216

by Anonymousreply 21711/28/2017

Spacey didn't help him get the role. He had already gotten it, but he had not met Clint Eastwood yet. Spacey introduced him to Eastwood at a party.

by Anonymousreply 21811/28/2017

Well if he says so.

He also did a Marc Cherry show very early in his career.

by Anonymousreply 21911/28/2017

Thanks at least Men's Health Magazine has something good to say about hammer. LOL

Head to the link for some Pulitzer Prize journalism. "Armie Hammer's Balls Are Allegedly So Big, They Had to Be Edited Out of a Movie"

by Anonymousreply 22011/28/2017

Bad timing to have claims of having big balls at the same time you delete your Twitter account like a little bitch because someone wasn't nice about you.

by Anonymousreply 22111/28/2017

Yes see R210

by Anonymousreply 22211/28/2017

I saw one news outlet frame the item as "What do Armie Hammer's balls and Henry Cavill's mustache have in common?"

I pictured Henry Cavill saying, "Not enough, I'm afraid!"

by Anonymousreply 22311/28/2017

I could only teabag one ball at a time.

by Anonymousreply 22411/28/2017

R224 that has less to do with size and more to do with Timothee seeming to have some kind of ADD - watching interviews with him can be exhausting

by Anonymousreply 22511/28/2017

R225 = jokekiller

by Anonymousreply 22611/28/2017

I let old men pinch a loaf in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 22711/28/2017

R225 could you elaborate a bit? I've only seen quick snippets from press junkets that get posted on here and the CMBYN thread. He didn't seem that hyper, but, again, they were short clips.

by Anonymousreply 22811/28/2017

Can you elaborate in Timothee's thread? No one wants to talk about the human bicycle seat here.

by Anonymousreply 22911/28/2017

What is this guy going to be like if he actually pulls off a nomination? He’s basically already admitted he’s a shite actor (plenty of evidence of that) who was largely impacted by the film’s director.

Being handsome isn’t the same thing as being a good actor. Later.

by Anonymousreply 23011/28/2017

R230 I imagine something in this vicinity.

by Anonymousreply 23111/28/2017

R229 I do. But yeah Timmy shows no signs of ADD to me.

by Anonymousreply 23211/28/2017

R228 Here you go

R229 Aw, does talking about actually talented actors upset you?

by Anonymousreply 23311/28/2017

I'm a bit concerned about Timo, he's lost a lot of weight in a very short time. Someone in this thread mentioned that he looked like a North Korean prisoner or something along those lines — he does. I wonder if it is the frantic activity of having to promote a few films at the same time and travelling around non-stop or something else...

by Anonymousreply 23411/28/2017

He looks the same to me.

by Anonymousreply 23511/28/2017

Didn't see the movie but based on all this publicity is Armie Hammer the one in contention for the Oscar & not the young actor (whose name I don't know)?

by Anonymousreply 23611/28/2017

No, R236, Timothee is being talked about as a possible leading actor nominee, Hammer as supporting

by Anonymousreply 23711/28/2017

R51, you're spot-on.

by Anonymousreply 23811/28/2017

Would be funny if Armie came out as bisexual to say “See!!! I’m not part of the white straight oppressor class!!!”

by Anonymousreply 23911/28/2017

R239 LOL! That.will.never.happen

by Anonymousreply 24011/28/2017

It's so sad to think if we lived in a truly fair and just world where Armie Hammer didn't get so many chances, the role of Oliver would have been played by a Trans Man of Color! "Call Me by Your Preferred Pronouns!" What could have been!

by Anonymousreply 24111/28/2017

Mrs H says someone went into her bag in her overhead compartment and stole her watch from her bag while he was asleep on her flight.

Bitch you probably just left it at the security checkpoint. White ass bitch blaming the sky waitresses and everything.

by Anonymousreply 24211/28/2017

In today's "Only in 2017" moment, Out Magazine agrees that Armie should be criticized for being part of "the system of privilege that white, handsome actors", but not in the way Slate did it by telling him to "man up", which only reinforces toxic masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 24311/28/2017

Are we still talking about that stupid article

by Anonymousreply 24411/28/2017

the grandchildren of these virtual signalling social justice warrior cunts are going to look back on this era and ridicule them.

by Anonymousreply 24511/28/2017

Fuck the author of that article. I’ve never cared one way or another about hammer but that was such a horrendous hit job on now really really really really really like him.

by Anonymousreply 24611/28/2017

Great pic of Armie with his mouth just as I'd like to see it.

by Anonymousreply 24711/28/2017

Funny the amount of people with no post histories except to post here saying "I'm not a fan of his at all but that article was awful".

Fangirls - your sock puppetry is showing.

by Anonymousreply 24811/28/2017

R248 why is it so hard for you to believe that there are people who aren't fangirls who found the article too mean-spirited and uncalled for?

I'm the poster who stated that I first came to this thread (and the CMBYN one) last month, upon learning about the film. At the time, I didn't care one way or another about Armie nor Timothee. Nowadays, I find them amusing and genial and fun to watch in interviews, but I wouldn't call myself a fan, much less a fangirl. The only Hammer movie I've seen is THE SOCIAL NETWORK (in 2011 on DVD) and the only film of Chalamet's I've seen is MISS STEVENS (early this year, on Netflix), though I didn't realize who he was at the time nor that the actor in CMBYN (which I've yet to see) and in MISS STEVENS were one and the same. Currently, I'm reading the book until the movie opens here in January.

by Anonymousreply 24911/28/2017

[quote]why is it so hard for you to believe that there are people who aren't fangirls who found the article too mean-spirited and uncalled for?

That was/is the general consensus until Anne Helen's gay BFF invaded the thread. Read the last 80 or so posts of the previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 25011/28/2017

Anne Helen is exactly the kind of name Mrs Hammer would name the new baby.

Even if it was a boy.

by Anonymousreply 25111/28/2017

The article wasn't far off.

by Anonymousreply 25211/28/2017

The hit piece misfired and was far off target. Better luck next time, Anne Helen.

by Anonymousreply 25311/28/2017

If the hit piece truly misfired, it would be Anne Helen who deleted her account, not Armie.

by Anonymousreply 25411/28/2017

R196, you obviously haven't seen CMBYN yet. The salivating over Armie is real. I was completely indifferent to his Ken Doll bland gorgeous ass, but after Call Me... I want this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 25511/28/2017

R233, that's a video of a 21 year old boy with serious ants in his pants. He may be on the ADD spectrum, but I think he's more nervous if anything.

by Anonymousreply 25611/28/2017

That Out article was actually right on target. The Slate article telling Armie to man up and return to Twitter is actually worse than the original BuzzFeed one. I know people on here were making fun of that one poster who said that the writers were trying to drive him to suicide but there's definitely a bullying quality and tone to them. Also it's probably very wise to leave social media every so often for your own mental health.

by Anonymousreply 25711/28/2017

R254 That's bizarre logic. His reaction to an overabundance of tweets, especially given how rarely he uses Twitter compared to IG, doesn't validate an ill-conceived hit piece.

The many faults of the article have been discussed in the past two threads but if you've just scrolling (and trolling) through the thread, I'll be happy to enumerate them for you.

by Anonymousreply 25811/28/2017

[QUOTE]The many faults of the article have been discussed in the past two threads

And most of them have been shown to be made up or come from people who didn't even read the article

by Anonymousreply 25911/28/2017

R259 you make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 26011/28/2017

What part are you having trouble with? The part where I say most of the "faults" people have come up with have been shown to be bullshit, or the part where I say they come from people who didn't read the article?

by Anonymousreply 26111/28/2017

A fan asked Timothy to caption a picture of him taking a picture of Armie, and Timmy writes: "You're doing amazing Sweetie"

He's not even hiding it.

by Anonymousreply 26211/28/2017

R24 He looks like a muppet, lmao.

by Anonymousreply 26311/28/2017

Does it occur to anyone how hard Armie Hammer is trying these past months/days to be in the news. Like they say, any controversy is good controversy. His leaving twitter is sure making people curious about the movie, the article, & him. This is the part that I hate about celebrities. Anything to get people talking about you especially when a movie is around the corner. Dang, I used to like him.

by Anonymousreply 26411/28/2017

Talking about deleting his Twitter. Chalamet clapping for him is sweet. If Armie is smart he'll keep him around after promo is done because he isn't gonna find a more supportive friend.

by Anonymousreply 26511/28/2017

The one award where Armie gets a nomination but not Timothee. The Satellite Awards were announced.

Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role Armie Hammer, “Call Me by Your Name” Dustin Hoffman, “The Meyerowitz Stories” Mark Rylance, “Dunkirk” Michael Shannon, “The Shape of Water” Sam Rockwell, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” Willem Dafoe, “The Florida Project”

by Anonymousreply 26611/28/2017

So it's official: Timothée is Elizabeth

by Anonymousreply 26711/28/2017

WTF are the Satellite Awards

by Anonymousreply 26811/28/2017

Balls darling Balls:

by Anonymousreply 26911/28/2017

Armie is in Page Six. He is now leaking to the press that Scott Rudin is responsible for the campaign against The Birth of A Nation.

Armie is going to do a lot of damage to CMBYN before the Academy votes.

by Anonymousreply 27011/28/2017

Scott Rudin would have a lot of allies in the press, so that would explain the Buzzfeed article.

by Anonymousreply 27111/28/2017

I think Armie accused Scott Rudin during the course of THR interview, and THR didn’t print it but they did follow up, contact Rudin et al. The Buzzfeed article is Rudin’s retaliation.

by Anonymousreply 27211/28/2017

If anyone is interested in how the Parker scandal unfolded in real time, here is the thread

Fox Searchlight tried to preempt the blow by doing an interview with Variety. Two days later, the deceased’s brother spoke to Variety in an exclusive and revealed she had killed herself. This wasn’t the result of a hatchet job by Scott Rudin.

by Anonymousreply 27311/28/2017

Jeez, the intrigue, the back stabbing behind the scenes. But Hammer is rich can't he protect himself from all of this?

by Anonymousreply 27411/28/2017

R273 don't be naive

by Anonymousreply 27511/28/2017

“Having become fully aware of those old charges in the months since it bought the film, Fox Searchlight has been looking to pre-empt any late-season bombshells that might land while voters have ballots in hand. Also, one of the flash points for the uprising in The Birth of a Nation is the brutal rape of Turner’s wife Cherry, which strikes a match that flares into murderous rebellion against white slave-holders and the institutionalized cruelty that has never been exposed to this level in a major film.

“Parker, with Fox Searchlight’s support, has decided to face this 17-year-old legal matter, head on. Hours before receiving the prestigious Vanguard Award from the Sundance Institute, Parker invited a Deadline reporter to his home Thursday – remnants of the five daughters who live with him all around – to look him in the eye and discuss the case. He spoke about how he has grown as a man, a father and an artist since that night at Penn State. And how he is determined not to let his worthy film be defined by that case, lest it detract from his mission to use Turner’s story as a catalyst for discussion on the turbulence between blacks and whites that has roiled major cities across the country this year.”

by Anonymousreply 27611/29/2017

The Armand Hammer fortune was already diminished at the time of the tycoon’s death and has been largely pissed away since then, I do wish people would stop acting like they’re the Gettys or something.

by Anonymousreply 27711/29/2017

Scott Rudin also produced The Social Network. So Armie burned that bridge.

by Anonymousreply 27811/29/2017

R271, if this is true, than that Buzzfeed article really is the most disingenuous POS ever. The woman tried to make it seem like she's an sjw calling out white privilege, when really she only wrote it to help another powerful white man. I'm not saying Armie is right about BOAN's downfall, but that's really messed up.

by Anonymousreply 27911/29/2017

R278, I don't know why he's doing all this just as awards season has started. Someone in his team needs to control him. There's no point in putting your own career at risk for the sake of Parker, a rapist who's career is rightfully ruined.

by Anonymousreply 28011/29/2017

Page Six says that it's not Hammer who's pointing the finger at Rudin.

by Anonymousreply 28111/29/2017

But if people think he's talking about Rudin, it's still bad, and Rudin would retaliate.

by Anonymousreply 28211/29/2017

R280 looking aside from his personal life drama, I think the obvious explanation is that Timothée has been bringing in the plaudits that Hammer may have been expecting for himself, and he is reacting with attention-seeking and harmful behavior. That would explain why the campaign to HFPA featured Hammer with his wife and children, instead of you know, the costar of his romantic movie that he is supposed to be promoting.

by Anonymousreply 28311/29/2017

I mean obviously he and Chalamet have a good relationship, but I can easily see him being jealous of his costar.

by Anonymousreply 28411/29/2017

But anyway THR article was probably written a month ago, so it’s a confluence if things bubbling.

THR article is probably the most self-inflicted damage an actor has done since Miles Teller’s GQ profile.

by Anonymousreply 28511/29/2017

It would be nice if people in the industry had the guts to spill the beans once and for all, about producers and the media and about all the corruption and manipulation. Every day new people tell how they were abused by the two fallen men, Weinstein and Spacey, but that's useless now-- WE KNOW. Let's not pretend that there are no more big bads to weed out.

by Anonymousreply 28611/29/2017

R283, Armie doesn't seem jealous of Timmy. He always talks about him and his performance with genuine admiration.

by Anonymousreply 28711/29/2017

I’m sure he not jealous of Timothée personally, he may just be jealous that Timothée is getting the recognition that he himself wanted.

by Anonymousreply 28811/29/2017

Please if Lone Ranger and Man from UNCLE had been huge hits, Arnie would NEVER have taken on this role.

by Anonymousreply 28911/29/2017

Ok, Timmy person I block you. Enough of your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 29011/29/2017

You're good at predicting alternate timelines, r289, that must be a useful skill to have in the real world!

by Anonymousreply 29111/29/2017

well r289 is right, this is the kind of role a failed leading man actor takes to try to reinvigorate his career, although the same could have been said for Heath Ledger doing Brokeback or James Franco doing Milk or Taylor Kitsch doing The Normal Heart.

by Anonymousreply 29211/29/2017

But Armie played a gay character before his box office flops, so that's not actually true of him.

by Anonymousreply 29311/29/2017

James Franco and Heath Ledger were small/indie actors before those movies, not the same situation.

by Anonymousreply 29411/29/2017

And Heath Ledger's Joker is iconic in a hugely commercially successful film. He seemed to be an actor of a different ilk.

Also when Arnie did play gay before, he came under criticism for bringing his wife and kids to every press junket for that movie.

by Anonymousreply 29511/29/2017

Armie had no kids at the time of J Edgar, and his wife always follows him everywhere. These threads have made fun of her for that.

by Anonymousreply 29611/29/2017

To be honest, the only three major Hollywood films Armie made before CMBYN were Mirror, Mirror, Man from UNCLE and Lone Ranger. In all of them, Armie was not the top billed. In first instance it was Julia Roberts vehicle, UNCLE was an ensemble piece with his two other co-stars billed higher. And The Lone Ranger's promotion was all about Johnny Depp who was the lead. So I am not sure it's fair to say that failures of those films are Armie's fault or that it's his personal failure.

by Anonymousreply 29711/29/2017

Regarding the timothee tweet, he's trolling and copying the kardashian meme...love this guy's sense of humour. He's just internet kid like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 29811/29/2017

No Heath Ledger and James Franco were both propped up as "next big things" and did studio projects

Heath Ledger's breakout was The Patriot in 2000 and then was the star of the failed prestige pic The Four Feathers in 2002 with fellow "next big thing" Wes Bentley

James Franco was in the 3 Sam Raimi Spider-Man films and was doing shit like Annapolis and Triston and Isolde

by Anonymousreply 29911/29/2017

[QUOTE]THR article is probably the most self-inflicted damage an actor has done since Miles Teller’s GQ profile.

Yep. I can't believe how stupid he is to do stuff like this.

R286 Do you not think it's in poor taste to liken the crimes of Weinstein and Spacey to a producer POSSIBLY pulling some strings to get a bad media write-up published? I love how many of you are piling on this train now of acting like it's a fact that Rudin was behind the article. Well, if he was, you girls better strap yourselves in, because that's going to be just the start.

R293 Yes he played a gay man, in a major Hollywood film, directed by Clint Eastwood, alongside Leonardo Dicaprio. A leading gay role in an indie film is a bit different, don't ya think?

by Anonymousreply 30011/29/2017

All this Armie is jealous of his co-star is nonsense:

Chalamet has a major crush on him. Armie knows and it flatters him; that's why he keeps him close, it boosts his self-esteem to have Tim follow him around with that hungry look in his eyes. Most recently Timo is getting reckless and doesn't seem to mind people can see he's into Armie a bit too much.

by Anonymousreply 30111/29/2017

Taken by Timmy?

by Anonymousreply 30211/29/2017

I see a case of hero worship rather than sexual attraction but I agree that Hammer is happy to keep the twink close, he feels cherished and they have fun, and I can't believe there's jealousy, at least not a meaningful amount.

by Anonymousreply 30311/29/2017

[quote]it boosts his self-esteem to have Tim follow him around with that hungry look in his eyes.

He has a hungry look in his eyes because he's literally hungry. I think he eats alfalfa sprouts and sesame seeds for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 30411/29/2017

Not sure if it's been posted on this thread. But their chemistry is intact

by Anonymousreply 30511/29/2017

R301 Jesus the shit you pull out of your ass just to convince yourself your precious little Armie is special

by Anonymousreply 30611/29/2017

R304 Timo is a vegetarian?

by Anonymousreply 30711/29/2017

And besides, if there is one crush, it's the one Armie has on Luca Guadagnino - seems Hammer is the clingy casting couch sort.

by Anonymousreply 30811/29/2017

Armie and the twink are close friends and the twink isn't dumb and can see the shit that's been piled on Armie over the past week so he's being extra supportive, as friends do. It's sweet.

by Anonymousreply 30911/29/2017

R309 true

by Anonymousreply 31011/29/2017

Oh boy

by Anonymousreply 31111/29/2017

R311 That's just the video version of the article above.

by Anonymousreply 31211/29/2017

For some reason, Timmy reminds me of Anne Frank.

by Anonymousreply 31311/29/2017

To the absolute surprise of no one, Mrs Hammer admires Martha Stewart and wishes she lived in the 50s.

The part about the engagement ring is tacky though, it makes her seem like a golddigger.

by Anonymousreply 31411/29/2017

The '50s?! I thought she was an avowed feminist?

by Anonymousreply 31511/29/2017

She is a feminist in the way Lucy and Ethel were in that one episode where they got jobs.

by Anonymousreply 31611/29/2017

That Ellen interview was good. Timmy couldn't keep his hands off Armie. But when they told the story about working on that scene for Luca, and he just walks away was hilarious! What an ice breaker that was. These guys have to be more than friends, they both are too goddamn gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 31711/29/2017

Block anyone who calls him "Timmy" and the thread becomes so much more tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 31811/29/2017

R318, everyone calls him that, even Armie and Luca. Timmy as a baby rapper called himself Lil Timmy Tim.

Chill.

by Anonymousreply 31911/29/2017

R212 the issue was McBongo's romcoms made a fortune which is why the studios only wanted him doing those. They may have been critical flops, but they made box office. He had tried to intersperse the romcoms with indies (Frailty, 13 Conversations about One Thing) but they slipped through the cracks.

A better comparison for Hammer would be Ryan Reynolds. He made flop after flop (both critical and box office) until Deadpool. There was no accounting for him being cast. You wondered if Reynolds was blackmailing some studio heads. Hammer was mainly cast in supporting roles, not leads like Reynolds.

That article was such bad overkill, it'll probably help Hammer.

by Anonymousreply 32011/29/2017

Armie and Luca are his FRIENDS. You are NOT his friend.

by Anonymousreply 32111/29/2017

It's easier to type Timmy than Timothee with the accent and typing it without the accent is a completely inaccurate version of his name.

by Anonymousreply 32211/29/2017

I just call him Timothy. That’s the way his name should be spelled anyway. Not my fault his parents are morons.

by Anonymousreply 32311/29/2017

I write Timmy, because it goes with Armie. 'Timothee' is too formal, in this case. I suppose if Hammer went by 'Armand' then I would resort to calling Chalamet 'Timothee.' I'm like that.

by Anonymousreply 32411/29/2017

His father is French, not a moron. Getting upset because someone refers to someone by a nickname they're commonly referred to is ridiculous. He replies to and likes tweets from people that don't know him calling him Timmy so he's clearly not offended by it.

by Anonymousreply 32511/29/2017

[quote]Apparently Luca was asked to help calm the storm...

Yup, Luca owns him now.

by Anonymousreply 32611/29/2017

Ryan Reynolds was really only in three studio flops, Lantern, the Change Up and RIPD.

A better example might be Daniel Craig, who was flopping for years and years in movies like The Invasion, The Golden Compass, Dream House, Cowboys and Aliens...

by Anonymousreply 32711/29/2017

His father is a French moron, then. It should be Timothy.

by Anonymousreply 32811/29/2017

Timothée Chalamet is a much nicer name than Timothy Chalamet and helps him stand out which is important as a young, up and coming actor. He even said in an interview that when he met Denis Villeneuve, he emphasized his Frenchness.

by Anonymousreply 32911/29/2017

There is really only one acceptable instance when it’s okay to be called Timmy and that’s when you’re a ten year old boy at a genetically engineered zoo run amok

by Anonymousreply 33011/29/2017

It's also what will likely get him a role in an Xavier Dolan film (other than the fact that Dolan wants to fuck him).

by Anonymousreply 33111/29/2017

Timothée is really really pretentious for someone who is not actually born in a Francophone nation.

It’s like Apple.

No, it’s worse.

It’s like Applé.

by Anonymousreply 33211/29/2017

I don't get the Apple reference.

by Anonymousreply 33311/29/2017

R330, Oh for fuck sake, would you just STFU already!!!!! Baby-name police, no one asked for.

by Anonymousreply 33411/29/2017

Apple is the pretentious name of Gwyneth’s kid.

by Anonymousreply 33511/29/2017

How does spelling your name Timothee help you stand out? It looks absurd. You honestly think that spelling has had any effect on his fortune?

by Anonymousreply 33611/29/2017

He spent all his Summers in France going up, speaks fluent French, speaks French half the time in his breakout role and has said his father speaks to him in French. What is the big deal?

French doesn't equal pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 33711/29/2017

R327, Reynolds also flopped in Million Ways to Die in the West, Self/Less and Life this year.

R320, McBongo had a ton of huge flops among a few moderately successful rom-coms. Newton Boys, EDTv, Two for the Money and We Are Marshall were disasters, yet he kept getting big dramatic roles.

by Anonymousreply 33811/29/2017

Another example of someone who kept getting chances--Brad Pitt. He's had a slew of box office bombs. It was his tabloid relationships that kept his career afloat. His output got better as a producer.

Speaking of which, Jolie also had a string of bombs before hooking up with Brad.

by Anonymousreply 33911/29/2017

Can we talk about the important stuff please, like how good armie's name sounds in French coming out of timothée/Timmy/Tim/lil Timmy tee's mouth

by Anonymousreply 34011/29/2017

Reynolds was an uncredited extra in that Family Guy dude film. That shouldn't count on his flops. Most of his work are fluff comedic pieces anyway even his indie to mid-budget choices. It's not like he is robbing more talented actors of quality films above their talent level. He's not trying to be a serious A-lister or aspire to be recognized as a great actor.

There are much more wooden one note white male actors who keep getting Oscar bait movie roles who probably deserves rebuke from SJW hit pieces.

by Anonymousreply 34111/29/2017

How desperate these fangirls are to infantilize Timothee and the lengths they reach to try and justify it really says something about what kind of people they are. They like to think of him as a child, you can tell from the other ways they talk about him. Very creepy. At best they want to mother him, at worst - ugh.

by Anonymousreply 34211/29/2017

So Armie, Luca and so on also want to infantalize him by calling him Timmy?

by Anonymousreply 34311/29/2017

They know him, jackass. With them, it's affectionate. With you, it's fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 34411/29/2017

What about Tim? Is that okay with you?

by Anonymousreply 34511/29/2017

Get a grip. He doesn't find it creepy, therefore it isn't. Imagine caring this much about something so arbitrary.

by Anonymousreply 34611/29/2017

When I use 'TImmy' I'm not infantilizing him. That's how he's referred to in interviews and such, even by some interviewers. So i just picked it up. I don't care for him, anyway. Armie is more my type.

by Anonymousreply 34711/29/2017

[QUOTE]Imagine caring this much about something so arbitrary

The same could apply to you responding to my post. Touched a nerve did I? There's a reason for the instant defensiveness from so many posters when called out about this.

by Anonymousreply 34811/29/2017

Literally Armie's full name is Armand but everyone calls him Armie. It's the same thing. Infantalizing is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 34911/29/2017

Except he's chosen Armie as his screen name.

by Anonymousreply 35011/29/2017

And Timothee tells people to call him whatever they like.

by Anonymousreply 35111/29/2017

No, he's telling people Call Me By Your Name.

by Anonymousreply 35211/29/2017

[quote]There's a reason for the instant defensiveness from so many posters when called out about this.

Because you keep bringing it up and making a big deal about it. Who fucking cares? I'm beginning to think you're that poster who admitted to trolling here just for kicks. Why else make a big to do about absolutely nothing? It's your own personal problem. Leave us out of it.

by Anonymousreply 35311/29/2017

[QUOTE]Because you keep bringing it up and making a big deal about it.

I'm not the only one bringing this up.

by Anonymousreply 35411/29/2017

Enough about TIMMY.

Armie is on James Corden right now.

by Anonymousreply 35511/29/2017

Lol, R352.

by Anonymousreply 35611/29/2017

R349 I've always said that if I had been his agent when he was starting out, I would've made him go by his full first name and his middle name: Armand Douglas. Much more mature and movie star-like, with just a hint of foreign appeal.

"Armie Hammer" really does look and sound silly. At least it allows his wife to make cutesy puns on her IG ("Armie wife," get it?)

by Anonymousreply 35711/29/2017

"These guys have to be more than friends, they both are too goddamn gorgeous."

Seriously sometimes I can't with the stupid on this board!

by Anonymousreply 35811/29/2017

R358 shut your clap, this is a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 35911/29/2017

How do you pronounce Timothee. Do you stress the extra e's .

by Anonymousreply 36011/29/2017

R360 The correct French pronunciation is Tim-o-tay. But Timmy is fine with people just saying it like Timothy.

by Anonymousreply 36111/29/2017

Ohh look how pregs Mrs h is getting

Why doesn’t she just show off her bump, it would make Armie more sympathetic if he is shown having a family to provide for

by Anonymousreply 36211/30/2017

Armie admitting he's too impulsive, the first step to recovery.

by Anonymousreply 36311/30/2017

By not changing his name to Timothy Charlemagne, is doing what Mary Louise Streep did. He's hoping for the same career trajectory.

by Anonymousreply 36411/30/2017

[quote][R360] The correct French pronunciation is Tim-o-tay. But Timmy is fine with people just saying it like Timothy

... or Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 36511/30/2017

I lived in France for 30 years and never met or heard of anyone named Timothee. Tim's a very popular name with Brits but the French? They are inevitably called Jean-Something or other..

by Anonymousreply 36611/30/2017

LOL at Timothy Charlemagne r354

by Anonymousreply 36711/30/2017

[QUOTE]shut your clap, this is a gay board.

Yes, a board for gay people to talk, not for every idiotic "oh he's gay" suggestion to be entertained.

by Anonymousreply 36811/30/2017

R366 why were you in France for three decades? Were you born there?

by Anonymousreply 36911/30/2017

Is this the end of the line for Armie for awards glory? Willem Dafoe won Best Supporting Actor from the NY Film Critics Circle while Timothee won Best Actor.

by Anonymousreply 37011/30/2017

He may still get a nomination but I think voters will be more comfortable nominating Timothee .

by Anonymousreply 37111/30/2017

This could be an analogous situation to Manhattan where Woody Allen was not nominated but Mariel Hemingway was.

by Anonymousreply 37211/30/2017

He could still get a nomination. I don't think anyone expected him to win it all, except his fangirls. The movie is very well-received, and if it's a box office hit as well, then that could be beneficial for coattail nods.

by Anonymousreply 37311/30/2017

What does this mean for Stuhlbarg?

by Anonymousreply 37411/30/2017

Stuhlbarg is in three year end Oscar contenders, CMBYN, Shape of Water and The Post. He is still a player.

by Anonymousreply 37511/30/2017

There has been awards talk for Richard Jenkins in The Shape of Water not Stuhlbarg.

by Anonymousreply 37611/30/2017

Well yes he would prob not be nominated for SoW, but being in three Oscar contenders elevates his chances for being nominated for one of them. CMBYN most likely.

by Anonymousreply 37711/30/2017

R377 like Jim Broadbent in 2001, when he supported 3 Best Actress nominees in MOULIN ROUGE, BRIDGET JONES'S DIARY, and IRIS, getting the nod and win for the latter.

by Anonymousreply 37811/30/2017

Woah that Timmy twink really does look like Anne Frank. Who's going to watch this creepy film?

by Anonymousreply 37911/30/2017

Plenty of people judging by it breaking box office records for the year.

by Anonymousreply 38011/30/2017

It had a nice per theater average while it was in four theaters r380, no need to go overboard.

We will see how it ends up doing. Though we won't know the answer to that question for a while.

by Anonymousreply 38111/30/2017

Armie Hammer has done NOTHING to warrant that epic hit piece from Buzzfeed.

All actors have to take roles in shitty movies -- and nobody knows anything about what shows are going to click.

What motivated this woman to attack him and cynically challenge his every move?

WHAT'S ANNE HELEN PETERSEN'S DAMAGE?

Lots of Oscar-winning actors have done EMBARASSING CRAP.

Before Ben Affleck's ARGO, there was GIGLI and JERSEY GIRL! He's doing crappy Batman movies now.

by Anonymousreply 38211/30/2017

Armie pissed someone off with his THR interview and this was the retaliation.

He has no one to blame but himself.

by Anonymousreply 38311/30/2017

R381 How is it going overboard? Highest per theater average of the year - fact. 25th highest of all time - fact.

by Anonymousreply 38411/30/2017

The movie isn't totally dongless, but only for those who can catch it.

by Anonymousreply 38511/30/2017

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone else but his interviews, the Buzzfeed article and Armie leaving Twitter is not the reason he's not getting awards.  His performance doesn't warrant any awards. Oliver exists solely as an object of Elio's affection. There was nothing for Armie to do performance wise. He had no grand speech, no great lines. He just had to be alluring.  I guess that was enough for the Satellite Awards but I don't think for other voting bodies agrees.

by Anonymousreply 38611/30/2017

Laure Dern didn't do shit in WILD, just 10-second clips of flashback montages here and there, in most of them she didn't even have dialog, and she was Oscar-nominated.

by Anonymousreply 38711/30/2017

The Oscars treat actresses and actors with different standards; actresses frequently have to be just appealing and likeable.

by Anonymousreply 38811/30/2017

[quote]actresses frequently have to be just appealing and likeable.

Only the plain ones like Dern, Meryl and Reese. The attractive ones like Charlize, Halle, and Nicole have to go the opposite direction (make themselves ugly and/or crazy) if they want an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 38911/30/2017

Ummmm... no.

by Anonymousreply 39011/30/2017

Don't forget about me!

by Anonymousreply 39111/30/2017

Hello!

by Anonymousreply 39211/30/2017

You guys are just proving R388's point that actresses can get nominated and even win for mediocre performances.

by Anonymousreply 39311/30/2017

I am R388.

by Anonymousreply 39411/30/2017

Supporting actor nominees to have weighty performances, or be given by actors with a lot of gravitas

The last BSA nominee given by a younger actor in what could be termed a "light" performance would be Mark Whalberg in The Departed in 2006

by Anonymousreply 39511/30/2017

Hide your baby bump by wearing migraine-inducing patterns, says Liz Hammer

by Anonymousreply 39611/30/2017

Maybe if you stare at it long enough, a 3-D picture of the fetus will emerge?

by Anonymousreply 39711/30/2017

[quote]The Oscars treat actresses and actors with different standards

It's more like they have to struggle to pad out the actress categories every year, since there are far, far fewer roles for women (only 30% of all roles) and of those roles, only a tiny percentage pre awards-caliber. Whereas the actor categories are super-competitive from year to year, with a surplus of actors to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 39811/30/2017

The wife's behavior and persona just come across as so... Contrived.

She actually has more than one picture like the one above, where she's in a dress, holding a pie or pies, and grinning with her mouth gaping open like a wackadoo. Except in the other one I saw, she had one leg cocked up, in a pin up-style pose. *cringe*

by Anonymousreply 39911/30/2017

She wants to be a 50s housewife, we know this

by Anonymousreply 40011/30/2017

I've always had too much fantasy to be only a housewife.

by Anonymousreply 40111/30/2017

I would love to get inside Luca's head and find out what he really thinks of Armie's wife.

by Anonymousreply 40211/30/2017

She looks like she could be Armie Hammer's wife. Wonder bread.

by Anonymousreply 40311/30/2017

Fairly sure Luca wants to be Armie's wife...

by Anonymousreply 40411/30/2017

Coverage of Armie’s decision to quit Twitter now verging into outright mockery

by Anonymousreply 40511/30/2017

God, who cares? Is Twitter really that important?

by Anonymousreply 40611/30/2017

R405 who gives a fuck. A lot of celebrities and regular folk take a time out on twitter. FWIW, he's still very active on Instagram, I just read his most recent post a few minutes ago. Twitter ain't all that.

by Anonymousreply 40711/30/2017

R402, I bet Luca is indifferent to her as long as Armie is willing to spend time with him. See linky.

by Anonymousreply 40811/30/2017

He now only allows iG comments from accounts he follows. Good for him controlling the noise that comes his way

by Anonymousreply 40911/30/2017

If he can just keep himself in check for the next month he will land a Golden Globe nomination which will increase his chances for the Oscar nomination. He most likely will not win the Oscar, but he may have a better chance at the Globes. He can then graciously tell that jealous bitch writer to kiss his sweet tight ass.

by Anonymousreply 41011/30/2017

I totally agree R410. Armie needs to show self-restraint in being too forthcoming and honest in interviews about how he really feels about shit that irks him. I believe he can get a GG, and SAG nomination, and if those happen, he will get an Oscar nom. He won't win, but an Oscar nomination will give him a lot of credibility as an actor. He just needs to chillax for the next 6 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 41111/30/2017

Lots of sensitive celebrities leave Twitter. When Leslie Jones left there wasn't this much handwringing. In fact she was applauded. When gay people attacked Sam Smith he left Twitter for about 2 years. Now he's back with a number 1 album so it doesn't look like it hurt him at all. Twitter is not a good place for your mental stability. That's why the mentally unbalanced like Trump thrive on it.

by Anonymousreply 41211/30/2017

R405, that's just Lainey. She and Peterson fangirl each other all the time, and their respective "analyses" are equally vapid.

by Anonymousreply 41311/30/2017

R369 I got my master's degree in a French-speaking country, moved to France, got a job, got more jobs, lived there.

by Anonymousreply 41411/30/2017

r400 She said so in her Milieu interview. She said that she admires Martha Stewart and would like to live in the 1950s or 1970s, but without the suppression.

Basically, Elizabeth likes the fashion and baking.

by Anonymousreply 41511/30/2017

[quote]I bet Luca is indifferent to her as long as Armie is willing to spend time with him. See linky.

Mrs. Hammer knows she has to toe the line with Luca. This is not Luca's first time at the rodeo. There must be a trail of married men in his past...

by Anonymousreply 41611/30/2017

But R415 Martha Stewart is often underestimated, she is a proper tycoon. Self-made. I doubt Mrs H has what it takes.

by Anonymousreply 41711/30/2017

I would have never had Irish twins.

by Anonymousreply 41811/30/2017

Liz does it again! Another optical illusion dress to hide her bump.

Wtf is the point?

by Anonymousreply 41912/01/2017

She looks fab there

by Anonymousreply 42012/01/2017

Inspiration

by Anonymousreply 42112/01/2017

R421 rather

by Anonymousreply 42212/01/2017

For the globes?

by Anonymousreply 42312/01/2017

Come on! I take it, you want to bone Armie and Elizabeth is cock blocking you but the chick is classy and has great taste in clothes

by Anonymousreply 42412/01/2017

How did you like the French? On the whole were they nice or did they have a problem with you being an American and or gay.

Why did you return?

by Anonymousreply 42512/01/2017

Why is the truly disgusting subject of ringworm brought up so often?

I'm far older than this guy and have never had it.

What is his problem?

by Anonymousreply 42612/01/2017

[quote]but the chick is classy

Desperation, attention-whoring and being a stage 5 clinger are not 'classy'.

With that said, she seems mostly harmless. I'd feel bad for her if Armie ever dumps her, because she really seems to have no identity other than being Mrs. Hammer (even despite the bakeries and stuff).

by Anonymousreply 42712/01/2017

She seems to come into her own when they're not together. When she goes to Texas without him her social media begins to focus on her business and lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 42812/01/2017

Armie says at the end of this interview he's going to be in the play Straight White Men on Broadway. Guess him and Chalamet can keep their friendship going in NYC after all.

by Anonymousreply 42912/01/2017

Armie will be in the play Straight White Men. This feels like a joke.

by Anonymousreply 43012/01/2017

He would be the biggest fucking idiot in the world to do this play

It's practically making fun of him

by Anonymousreply 43112/01/2017

You guys may not have heard, but Armie is going to be in the play Straight White Men

by Anonymousreply 43212/01/2017

Armie either has the worst agent in the world, or he's a brat who ignores his agent's advice (when he was first starting out in Hollywood, his first agent threatened to drop him as a client because he wasn't showing up to auditions, and he had to plead with her over the phone to keep him). He seems sweet, but geez he really is your stereotypical rudderless rich himbo.

Wonder if he's insecure about the fact his little bro is a financial adviser at Morgan Stanley, a career their parents most likely approve of.

by Anonymousreply 43312/01/2017

This is like the equivalent of Tom Hiddleston announcing he's going to be starring in THIRSTY CLOSET CASE the musical.

by Anonymousreply 43412/01/2017

[QUOTE]he really is your stereotypical rudderless rich himbo

But he has a rich family, so he'll continue to get work. Because producers will keep thinking "If I hire him, maybe his family will invest". The same way shitty actors who are children of big stars keep getting cast.

Given how far the director had to go to get a good performance out him, Hammer really is undeserving of the praise his performance is getting. At which point does it stop being acting and just become mimicry of something your director has just shown you?

by Anonymousreply 43512/01/2017

[quote]But he has a rich family, so he'll continue to get work. Because producers will keep thinking "If I hire him, maybe his family will invest". The same way shitty actors who are children of big stars keep getting cast.

That doesn't apply to Armie , because it is well known who his family is, and that they don't approve of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 43612/01/2017

Suuuuuure, R436

by Anonymousreply 43712/01/2017

Most of the Hammer fortune is gone. We go through this every thread.

by Anonymousreply 43812/01/2017

Any kind of source for that claim, R438? I ask as few families, other than extremely rich ones, would move to the Cayman Islands.

by Anonymousreply 43912/01/2017

R437 that's a well-known FACT. I don't know why you would refute it. Both of his parents are somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun.

by Anonymousreply 44012/01/2017

And their politics matters how, R440? Plenty of right wingers invest in the movie business, Steves Bannon and Mnuchin as examples, and yet they attack "liberal Hollywood"

by Anonymousreply 44112/01/2017

JESUS CHRIST

THE ONLY REASON MICHAEL HAMMER MOVED THE FAMILY TO THE CAYMEN ISLANDS IS BECAUSE HE WAS DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL.

I MEAN HOW DENSE DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO NOT REALIZE THIS

by Anonymousreply 44212/01/2017

Also, R440, you do know his father owns a film and TV production company, right?

[QUOTE] He serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Maccabee Productions, a film and TV production company.

So, R442, that's a "no I don't have a source" is it?

by Anonymousreply 44312/01/2017

By doing this play and doing, what seems to be a small role, in that upcoming Boots Riley film Armie is showing how unconcerned he is about playing the game. He's said it already in his interviews of late, he's not chasing superhero roles. He wants to do things he's passionate about not what ticks off the boxes to make him into a star. I'd rather him do this play than follow in the footsteps of Sebastian Stan and Benjamin Walker and do stodgy Tennessee Williams.

by Anonymousreply 44412/01/2017

Armie has stated (when they were asked about supportive mothers in an interview) that his mom won't be watching CALL ME BY YOUR NAME, the biggest film of his career in terms of prestige and good notices he's gotten, because she "disapproves of the subject matter." He then stated immediately after that she and he are polar opposites politically and so they don't discuss politics anymore. At any rate, I doubt they'd support him financially in his acting endeavors. They probably would if he did religious films. In fact, he played Billy Graham in some biopic at the start of his career, before SOCIAL NETWORK. They probably supported him there.

Anyway, didn't the family invest most of their money in religion and that Jew for Jesus bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 44512/01/2017

The lads on Ellen. Very cute. (I'm not completely caught up with the thread so sorry if this has already been posted.)

by Anonymousreply 44612/01/2017

Why the f you think Hammer ALWAYS ALWAYS says "My father loved the movie The Firm so much he decided to move the whole family there after he saw it."

Because everyone is automatically going to assume anyone who moves to the Caymans does so because of shady business dealings.

Why the fuck are The Caymans even featured in The Firm, because the law firm was doing illegal stuff.

by Anonymousreply 44712/01/2017

I mean people like R433, what is wrong with you? Are you on 'roids? Do you even know Armie personally?

by Anonymousreply 44812/01/2017

[quote]I ask as few families, other than extremely rich ones, would move to the Cayman Islands.

Extremely rich families DON'T move to the Cayman Islands. Rich families buy winter homes in St Barths and the British Virgin Islands. The Caymans are for money sheltering and laundering.

by Anonymousreply 44912/01/2017

R449 what are you implying?

by Anonymousreply 45012/01/2017

Wasn't I clear the first time in R442

by Anonymousreply 45112/01/2017

He most likely fled the country all of a sudden to avoid prosecution

by Anonymousreply 45212/01/2017

R451 what illegal things was he doing?

by Anonymousreply 45312/01/2017

Probably the same thing all rich evangelical crackpots get busted for, not paying his taxes.

by Anonymousreply 45412/01/2017

Good going Armie. You totally belong in that play. Straight white "bland" men.

by Anonymousreply 45512/01/2017

FYI: One of those “indie martyrdom” films mentioned in that Buzzfeed article, Mine, was added to Sky Movies today in the UK. (It’s not the Stanley Tucci one.) Is it any good?

by Anonymousreply 45612/01/2017

Wow. So just by asking for a source for this claim that the Hammer family fortune has disappeared, I've turned a poster in a raving lunatic about the Cayman Islands.

[QUOTE]Most of the Hammer fortune is gone. We go through this every thread.

And yet in "every thread" is this the first time anyone bothered asking for some proof for these claims?

by Anonymousreply 45712/01/2017

Here you lazy asshole

by Anonymousreply 45812/01/2017

Their Cayman Islands condo had seven unlisted phone numbers.

Shady

as

fuck

by Anonymousreply 45912/01/2017

So from R458

[QUOTE]Instead of the "billions" assumed and reported in death notices, there was an estimated $40 million left, according to Epstein's book

Oh, they're practically paupers aren't they? And that was in 1996.

What's the point of the "the fortune is gone" lie anyway? Is it to make Armie seem more relatable or something?

by Anonymousreply 46012/01/2017

R460 okay, we get it! You hate Armie because he was born wealthy. Let's move on.

by Anonymousreply 46112/01/2017

No, I hate people repeating unsubstantiated claims and treating it like fact.

Incidentally, in 2007, his father made a deal with LACMA and UCLA which saw him take control of an art collection worth $55 million, which he presumably sold. I weep for their utter lack of fortune, I really do.

And then there's the $25 million real estate sales in Socal. Such poor poor people.

by Anonymousreply 46212/01/2017

The link for the real estate sales in 2011. I include it as it seems they had a photo of their son over the fireplace - scroll to image 13. I wonder if that did that deliberately, thinking the celeb status (this wasn't long after The Social Network was released) would bump up the offers

by Anonymousreply 46312/01/2017

R463 you realize the fact that they were simultanously trying to unload three properties says a lot about their finances right?

by Anonymousreply 46412/01/2017

Or has more to do with the fact that the mother and father were divorcing, R464.

by Anonymousreply 46512/01/2017

R462 = idiot

They did not sell the art collection to UCLA, moron. The Foundation controls the art collection. The Foundation was heavily in debt from the construction of the museum and they had to lease it to UCLA to save the museum.

by Anonymousreply 46612/01/2017

And the foundation is controlled by....go on, you know the answer. As for the lease, the second page covers that - LACMA will be using their bond portfolio to purchase the property in 2021.

[QUOTE]With the foundation gone, only the museum tenant and its corporate landlord are left. Those roles will reverse in 2021, thanks to a fiscal mechanism established under Hammer's fantasy of perpetual glory for his collecting renown. A $55-million bond will go to Occidental -- the same amount the foundation is getting back in art now. (What a coincidence.) And the art museum becomes the landlord, assuming title to an entire city block at the corner of Wilshire and Westwood boulevards, with Occidental as its tenant.

You'll also note, I didn't say they sold anything to UCLA. I said they took control of the art collection, which they could've then sold.

by Anonymousreply 46712/01/2017

Armie is heir to a fortune. Nothing wrong with that but stop trying to prove otherwise idiot.

by Anonymousreply 46812/01/2017

[QUOTE]The Foundation was heavily in debt from the construction of the museum and they had to lease it to UCLA to save the museum

Also this is untrue. Occidental funded the construction of the museum. From the article at R458

[QUOTE]...and the Los Angeles museum he spent his last year and $100 million of Occidental's money to build now for all practical purposes belongs to UCLA.

And its running costs were paid for by an annuity.

by Anonymousreply 46912/01/2017

What a boring fight

by Anonymousreply 47012/01/2017

R467 = idiot, relying on outdated newspaper article for real estate information

Occidental moved to Houston two years ago and sold the building to UCLA

by Anonymousreply 47112/01/2017

Yay R471, you have a little victory in that the thing I said would happen actually already happened. Well done! Gold star for you.

by Anonymousreply 47212/01/2017

Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 47312/01/2017

Christ you guys, you're digging so deep you'll end up in the molten core of the Earth. Dissecting Hammer's dissociated family's fortune (or lack thereof) is real riveting Friday night stuff.

by Anonymousreply 47412/01/2017

Why on earth do they insist on repeating that, we know Mrs Hammer was with them during shooting.

by Anonymousreply 47512/01/2017

I hate that he calls him 'Timmy'. Makes him sound like a fucking puppy.

by Anonymousreply 47612/01/2017

R475 They're trying to push the idea of actual sexual tension between the two. A few outlets had breathless articles after the Ellen interview talking about how they made out with each other when they met and so on.

by Anonymousreply 47712/01/2017

Timny and the director are at arclight Hollywood and the landmark tonight.

by Anonymousreply 47812/01/2017

Wonder where Armie is, probably something to do with Harper's birthday.

R473 'I don't have that relationship with any other actor I've ever worked with.'

What a shame for the delusionals who thought him and Henry Cavill were boning.

by Anonymousreply 47912/01/2017

I"m going to see Timmy and Luca on Saturday for the Q&A at the Landmark. They are really going hard on promoting this film in Hollywood where Oscar voters are. They're doing a fantastic job too. Very excited to see them in person. I'm sure Timmy is as cute and sweet in real life.

by Anonymousreply 48012/01/2017

Stroke it Armie Hammer, but don't stroke so fast

If my stuff ain't tight enough, you can stick it up my ass!

by Anonymousreply 48112/01/2017

They said that the actors in CMBYN were naked but full frontal nudity will not be shown in the movie. Has anyone heard if it will be on the director's cut DVD?

by Anonymousreply 48212/01/2017

So basically Luca made himself his own porn cut of the film

by Anonymousreply 48312/01/2017

They both had no nudity clauses.

by Anonymousreply 48412/01/2017

Supposedly they were naked on set but nah there's no way we're ever seeing it. They probably just didn't require cocksocks because they willingly watch each other pee.

by Anonymousreply 48512/01/2017

They were never nude. That's just pr to titillate. Like the "Armie's balls are so big that..." story. Just dumb pr lies.

by Anonymousreply 48612/01/2017

PR whoring PR whoring. They keep going on & on with manufactured stories & the desperate thirsty lap it up.

by Anonymousreply 48712/01/2017

Wow, R481, it sounds like Armie's kinkiness has rubbed off on Liz. Or maybe she's just competing with Tight Mommy's rosebud.

by Anonymousreply 48812/01/2017

After that BuzzFeed article, I'm not seeing anything of his in theaters.

by Anonymousreply 48912/01/2017

Tight Timmy's rosebud.

Damn autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 49012/01/2017

R487 It's pretty tedious. They should be able to market the film without resorting to this kind of crap.

by Anonymousreply 49112/01/2017

Aw, Armie has a blind item

[QUOTE]This A- list mostly movie actor who sounds like he cleans a lot left behind a few sex toys and handcuffs after a recent hotel stay. Apparently the handcuffs were installed in such a way that the bed actually needed to be replaced because they could not be removed without damaging the bed.

by Anonymousreply 49212/01/2017

R483 and R489 are the same poster using different browsers/devices. He's talking to himself up a storm on this thread and the Bryan Singer/Queen movie thread.

by Anonymousreply 49312/01/2017

Armie addresses why their friendship works despite the difference in age.

by Anonymousreply 49412/01/2017

R493, you're mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 49512/01/2017

Also, R489, why give a shit? I honestly don't get the paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 49612/01/2017

I think Armie makes up all the stuff about his fetish for kink just to appear edgy. That's why he Fav'd stuff like that on twitter. He doesn't cut the mustard as an actor so he thinks some real life subversive persona will do it for him.

by Anonymousreply 49712/01/2017

R486, they were nude, we only saw what Luca permitted us to see.

Luca said that both Armie and Timmy signed nudity clauses which prevented them being film in full frontal.

by Anonymousreply 49812/01/2017

R497 he's been saying kinky stuff like that since before he was famous. This is not something that he just happened to recently like overnight for publicity purposes.

by Anonymousreply 49912/01/2017

[quote]He doesn't cut the mustard

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 50012/01/2017

It's playing in LA and NY this weekend. Dec 14 in the SF area. Dec 22 in the Boston area. It looks like it will just be played in Indie theatres.

by Anonymousreply 50112/01/2017

Armie is only 10 years older than Timothee but really looks like his father.

by Anonymousreply 50212/01/2017

But R502, I think they are on the same emotional maturity level, that's why they get on so well. Timothee is very mature for his age, and he is a match for a guy 10 years older than him.

by Anonymousreply 50312/01/2017

R501 it opens wide in January.

by Anonymousreply 50412/01/2017

Did we ever find out what the photo at R502 was from? Taken October 2016 in NYC so wasn't promo. They were just hanging out?

by Anonymousreply 50512/01/2017

R505, apparently they were just hanging out in NYC together. Timmy lives there. See link for info.

by Anonymousreply 50612/01/2017

Mark my words all this "friendship" will fizzle away as soon as they are done doing the sequels. Fake PR. I'm sure they don't hate each other but to sell us the idea that they are the best of buddies. Nah

by Anonymousreply 50712/01/2017

R495 The oddest thing is that I've only ever replied to one of your posts (two including this) and you've never responded to one of mine. Apparently that counts as "talking to himself up a storm" whatever that's meant to mean.

by Anonymousreply 50812/01/2017

R507 Well considering Luca wants to make five films, I guess we'll be waiting a while. But no they're clearly close, and being cynical about it doesn't make anyone look cool or in the know.

by Anonymousreply 50912/01/2017

yes i'm sure armie and timothee hung out in nyc in october 2016 for fake pr. even though their movie didn't premiere for the first time for another 3 months after that. and i'm sure timothee attended armie's childhood friend's birthday party two weeks ago for fake pr. and armie's friends comment on elizabeth's instagram posts calling timothee one of their favorite people? all for fake pr.

please, obviously they play it up but it's also completely obvious that armie isn't lying when he says this is the closest he's been to a co-star.

by Anonymousreply 51012/01/2017

[quote]Mark my words all this "friendship" will fizzle away as soon as they are done doing the sequels. Fake PR.

I think it's possible that they are genuinely close NOW and that it will eventually fade away as well. This is the nature of acting - people come together to work on a project, emotions run high because acting is all about that shit, and for a while everybody is as tight-knit as a family. But then the next project comes along and the next, and then there are new 'families' and the old ones slip away. Most actors will tell you that - they get incredibly close to people they're working with, but it doesn't result in lifelong friendships for the most part. It's for the moment.

by Anonymousreply 51112/01/2017

It will be interesting though because they may be both in the awards conversation next year and both in the same category. If their films/performances are good they'll be attending a lot of the same events, so they probably will stay close for a while.

by Anonymousreply 51212/01/2017

And then they have the sequel(s) that Luca seems insistent on.

by Anonymousreply 51312/01/2017

@R485 and since Timmy's said Armie is huge..............it must be true

by Anonymousreply 51412/01/2017

R473 I wonder who calls who first and honestly, if it's true it is weird as fuck in two men. Something else must be going on. They haven't fucked but at least one of them wants to.

by Anonymousreply 51512/01/2017

Oh come on, R515. So men can't be close friends? Especially considering they're actors, so more emotionally available than a typical man. Besides, if Armie is having sex with any man it's going to be Luca, he as much as said so himself.

Realistically, if they were doing anything, they wouldn't be quite so close in public. They'd want to play it down so no-one gets suspicious. It's because of how close they are and how open they are about it that makes me doubt anything is going on.

by Anonymousreply 51612/01/2017

Nothing is going on for God's sake, they're friends. Stop the fangirl narrative, it's fucking exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 51712/01/2017

R515 There's also this:

But as they reunite for the film’s promotional trail, there isn’t much effort or artifice between them. “Actually I was video Skyping with Timmy last night,” Hammer says. “It feels like I got a new best friend and brother out of the process."

But yeah they're friends (if they were more Elizabeth would have to be in on it at this point). But the people that think he wants to fuck Luca are more delusional. At least Chalamet is young and attractive.

by Anonymousreply 51812/01/2017

@R518 why hasn't anyone thought that Timmy in true bi-curious style wants to fuck Armie.

@517 stop getting your knickers in a twist, this is just speculation, you know the 'pointless bitchery' and all that...............

by Anonymousreply 51912/01/2017

[QUOTE]But the people that think he wants to fuck Luca are more delusional

Not so sure about the "more" part - at least he's said stuff like he felt like he fell in love with Luca, and he flew to Italy just to spend time with him. I don't think they did have sex, but there's more reason to believe it with Luca than there is with Timothee - who he described as being like a brother.

by Anonymousreply 52012/01/2017

R520 He's said he's fallen in love with Timothée multiple times.

'I couldn’t appreciate the compliment about the chemistry more because, like, I fell in love with Timmy in the process of making the movie. He’s fucking terrific and he’s also an incredible actor, so I had all of that.'

'I think I fall more and more in love with Timmy every time I see him.'

'I just went in and barged through the door, and I was like, ‘Hey!’ And then we had like a big hugging moment, and he was like, ‘Hey, man, it’s really great to meet you but I’m in the middle of a piano lesson.’ And I was like, ‘Fine, fine. Yeah, of course, of course.’ So he finished the piano lesson, and then the two of us jumped on bicycles. He’d been in Crema for weeks at this point. So we got on the bicycles and he showed me around the whole town. And we rode, and we went to different restaurants, different gelaterias, like, all the stuff. And it was incredibly–that’s actually what happened in the movie. I was a new guy in town, and he showed me around. And I fell in love with, just like, you know, Timmy. I mean it was amazing. It was an amazing experience.'

He's compared Luca to a father as much as he has Timothée to a brother and has stayed with him in NYC multiple times since filming ended.

So yeah, more delusional.

by Anonymousreply 52112/02/2017

Fair enough then, I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 52212/02/2017

His relationship with Luca seems to be one of complex love/hate. Armie projects his daddy issues onto him as well as his own insecurities as an actor. He desperately wants Luca's admiration and respect. And of course Luca wants to fuck HIM, but will also be blunt with him and tell him when he's doing a bad job. So it's a weird one.

On the other hand, him and Timothée seem to be just normal close friends, closer than him and Luca are judging by the way they whisper to one another in Q&As as soon as someone else gets asked a question. But it's easy to be closer with someone when there's nothing there but simply liking the other and no weird insecurities that you're projecting onto that person. Let's just say Luca may be the type of person Armie stays with for a few days, but he's not the type of person he's gonna be calling twice a week.

Anyone that thinks his and Timothée's friendship is pure PR is just bitter and cynical. We all know Timothée wears his emotions all over his face. Just watch the way his face lights up when he's listening to/talking about Armie's dancing and the way he tells the story. It's pure affection. You don't have to believe they're fucking to recognize they clearly really like one another.

by Anonymousreply 52312/02/2017

I believe they're true friends. I also believe that there's an ease between them that occurs among friends and not secret lovers.

I don't think Armie and Luca have fucked but I agree with everything R523 has just said, if Armie had an affair with one of them, it would be the man who's been sort of a father figure.

by Anonymousreply 52412/02/2017

Well he already got to live out a Chalamet affair with no consequences.

by Anonymousreply 52512/02/2017

That’s the first time I’ve seen that kiss, it really does look like a kid and his high school teacher.

by Anonymousreply 52612/02/2017

AWwww he loves the daughter (wearing regular clothes thank god. I half expected her bday party was going to be themed Handmaiden Tale.)

But the girl to her left in the leopard print? Pregnant by 14.

by Anonymousreply 52712/02/2017

R527 you type stupid, are you stupid?

by Anonymousreply 52812/02/2017

R526 get lost

by Anonymousreply 52912/02/2017

R529 Armie's skull is like literally twice the size of Chalamet's. It looks like a fully grown person kissing a not fully grown person.

by Anonymousreply 53012/02/2017

"Call Me By Your Name 2" (2021)

by Anonymousreply 53112/02/2017

OMG good comparison r531, I was trying to pinpoint something about Chalamet and you nailed it, he's like a male Audrey Hepburn.

by Anonymousreply 53212/02/2017

R492 last time he had a blind, it was a "Armie Hammer arrested for pot, nobody notices", it's a great improvement, the Oscar campaign is taking off!

by Anonymousreply 53312/02/2017

R521, I bow to thee. Thanks for the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 53412/02/2017

[quote]That’s the first time I’ve seen that kiss, it really does look like a kid and his high school teacher.

A 17-year-old and a 24-year-old could be student and teacher. When I was in high school, I had two teachers (male and female) ages 23 and 25.

by Anonymousreply 53512/02/2017

[quote]It will be interesting though because they may be both in the awards conversation next year and both in the same category.

Armie is being campaigned in Supporting.

by Anonymousreply 53612/02/2017

R513, how many sequels has Luca mentioned there will be for CMBYN? If we're talking a trilogy, shit, Timmy and Armie hitched themselves to a fun ride for the next decade.

by Anonymousreply 53712/02/2017

Who wants to bet that Armie and Timmy watched por and masturbated furiously when Armor was staying at Timmi's apartment.

Boys will be boys.

by Anonymousreply 53812/02/2017

R538 do you think they masturbate?

by Anonymousreply 53912/02/2017

In the Variety's Actors On Actors interview Timmy mentioned Luca wondering if the peach scene would work and Timmy thought 'of course it'll work weren't you a teenager once' so yeah, I think he, at least, fondles the dong every now and then. Armie, idk, he has a wife so maybe he doesn't need to?

by Anonymousreply 54012/02/2017

And the “Timmy” troll demonstrates again why he should stay blocked

by Anonymousreply 54112/02/2017

R541 okay, you really need to give it up, or stop coming to CMBYN-related threads, if that's going to set you off each time. It isn't just one person here calling him that. Most everyone refers to him as 'TImmy.' It has nothing to do with everyone infantilizing him. It's just a nickname. Besides, I don't think many people nowadays care if a grown man answers to a diminutive. You're the one making a big deal out of nothing. It's just a name. Worry about serious issues, especially those that affect you.

by Anonymousreply 54212/02/2017

Full CMBYN interview with Andy Cohen. Pretty interesting.

by Anonymousreply 54312/02/2017

Has anyone listened to the interview at R543? I can't be bothered, but read a summary that said Luca said he wanted to work with James Woods, and Armie basically defended his mother being a homophobe as that was her right, and Andy kept talking over Timothee.

Wondering if that's accurate or if the person who wrote it is biased.

by Anonymousreply 54412/02/2017

R544 The Armie thing we'd already seen, in this video. I wouldn't really call it defending her being a homophobe, he just said that he's tried to have a conversation with her about it and it doesn't work so they agree to disagree in order to get along as mother and son.

Luca said Woods is a great actor and he would work with him but that he should see Call Me before having an opinion.

by Anonymousreply 54512/02/2017

r544 If it's the same clip from that interview that someone posted the other day, he definitely didn't "defend" his mother being a homophobe. He basically said he was tired of trying to talk to her about that sort of things because it's useless as they are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum. To me it sounded like he was pretty much done with his mom, like she's still his mother but he doesn't seem to like her as a person at all.

by Anonymousreply 54612/02/2017

Thanks for the link r543.

Timothee keeps repeating the joke that everything that happened in the film happened in real life and it keeps falling , poor guy. He's trying to get the same laughs he received at the Hamptons Film Fest.

by Anonymousreply 54712/02/2017

His appeal is in his awkwardness, it's endearing. He gets away with it.

by Anonymousreply 54812/02/2017

Is it really cringey 'cause I can't watch stuff like that?

by Anonymousreply 54912/02/2017

The video at R547? It's fine.

by Anonymousreply 55012/02/2017

Timmy is now being invited to dinner with Elizabeth's family. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 55112/02/2017

'Family dinner' she writes. Just a casual family dinner with your wife, sister, brother-in-law and the cute twink your brother-in-law played the gay lover of.

by Anonymousreply 55212/02/2017

By the looks of her Instagram story, her dad was there too.

by Anonymousreply 55312/02/2017

I am officially intrigued by Timothee's relationship with Armie, Elizabeth and their family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 55412/02/2017

Jews defending Jews.

by Anonymousreply 55512/02/2017

There's nothing wrong with what he said to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 55612/02/2017

[R513], how many sequels has Luca mentioned there will be for CMBYN? If we're talking a trilogy, shit, Timmy and Armie hitched themselves to a fun ride for the next decade.

Luca is bananas, he claims he wants to make five. When was the last time a non-action/sci-fi film had that many sequels? Far more likely that it will be a trilogy, but that's assuming the story can even be drawn out that long and maintain the fans' interest. How many people want to watch four more hours of Elio and Oliver hooked up with women and NOT together? Because that's basically what we're looking at - a couple of movies of them going through other relationships with no guarantee of them being together in the end. No languorous Italian setting, no James Ivory writing.

There are reasons Andre Aciman only selectively visited the next 20 years of their lives in the course of getting to the point of the book.

by Anonymousreply 55712/02/2017

He wants to do it in the style of Truffaut's Antione Doinel films where he followed the same character for decades but with Elio. If they're good films I'm fine with it. I'll happily watch Chalamet play that role for decades to come.

by Anonymousreply 55812/02/2017

I just posted in the Timothee pt 3 thread, and at tonight's Q&A with Luca and Timmy, Luca mentioned that in a future film, Elio and Oliver will make love again. So, that's definitely something to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 55912/02/2017

Armie is merely one eighth Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 56012/03/2017

[QUOTE]Luca mentioned that in a future film, Elio and Oliver will make love again

Ugh, I really hate this marketing route they're taking, and now even applying it in an attempt to get support for needless sequels. It feels so cheap and sleazy.

[QUOTE]Luca said Woods is a great actor and he would work with him

Is Luca just the internalised homophobe type? Not casting gay men for these roles, wanting to work with Woods, etc?

by Anonymousreply 56112/03/2017

I think Luca is just a whore for Hollywood rather than a true iconoclast.

by Anonymousreply 56212/03/2017

Also re Armand Hammer, he himself was not raised Jewish because his parents were Communist atheists. Armand Hammer only got bar mitzfah’d shortly before he died.

by Anonymousreply 56312/03/2017

R555 Does he actually not know when to just shut up? You've got to feel sorry for his publicist. Also

[QUOTE]Professional thin lip

is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 56412/03/2017

So you've disparaged his wife, his children, his acting skills and now his religion too? So it it turns out according to you people he's not even a 'proper jew'

by Anonymousreply 56512/03/2017

R564

by Anonymousreply 56612/03/2017

[QUOTE]There's nothing wrong with what he said to be honest.

You can't be serious. Regardless of your thoughts on Polanski, what Hammer said shows just how conceited he is.

[QUOTE]as a human, and as someone who's trying to live a virtuous life, you kind of go "Is it worth it?" because you know there's going to be drama. You know it's going to be something that can overshadow what you're actually trying to do. So, I don't know, it's a grey area. It's full of grey, you know?

To Armie Hammer, the grey area isn't whether it's moral to work with a pedophile rapist. The grey area is whether the "drama" that comes from working with a peophile rapist is worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 56712/03/2017

He’s not a proper Jew. He was raised Evangelical Christian from the day he was born.

by Anonymousreply 56812/03/2017

R567 I listened to this podcast a few days ago and I didn't take it that way at all. Yes, he mentions the drama as part of it but he also mentions wanting to live a virtuous life, implying that it's also a grey area because it wouldn't live up to his moral standard. The virtuous life comment makes no sense otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 56912/03/2017

He's a Jew, get over it.

by Anonymousreply 57012/03/2017

Jews believe the child must be born of a Jewish mother to be considered Jewish. Timothée is a proper Jew.

Armie has a single Jewish great grandparent. He’s an Octaroon.

by Anonymousreply 57112/03/2017

R569 Well was the quote I pasted inaccurate? If not, those are literally his own words. That the only thing that would give him pause is the drama. Hey, if there's some quote I'm missing where he says "no of course I wouldn't work with him, he's a rapist" feel free to post it.

by Anonymousreply 57212/03/2017

ONTD really really hates him now

the struggles of a slit mouthed white man, how could I have ever been so judgemental and cruel smh :(

lmao seriously, it costs zero dollars and zero cents to shut the fuck up but he just keeps going... even his publicist was trying to get him to shut up off-mic and you could hear him talking to her like "Oh, you don't want me to talk about this haha?"

i'm trying to imagine the specific way in which my soul would depart my body if i were his publicist and was there to witness, live, him saying this stuff

by Anonymousreply 57312/03/2017

R572 No, it wasn't inaccurate but he was put on the spot out of nowhere and failed to be particularly eloquent about it.

If you actually break down the quote:

'The idealist in me would like to think, like, okay, I'm not working with "Polanski" the person, I'm working with him as an artist and this is a new thing that he's doing and I think that he is a talented artist or whatever. BUT at the end of the day, like... AS A HUMAN, AND AS SOMEONE THAT'S TRYING TO LIVE A VIRTUOUS LIFE, you kind of go "Is it worth it?" because you know there's going to be drama. You know it's going to be SOMETHING THAT CAN OVERSHADOW what you're actually trying to do.'

To me, that can easily be more eloquently reworded as:

'The idealist in me would like to think I'm working with someone for their art and not for their personal life. However, as a human, it doesn't seem worth it as not only would there be drama, but I wouldn't be living upto my own moral standards of trying to be a virtuous person. The weight of his actions can overshadow the art.'

That was exactly how I took it when I listened to the podcast days ago.

by Anonymousreply 57412/03/2017

ONTD hates everyone and if they don't hate you, they will within 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 57512/03/2017

Armie and Timmy are both Jews.

by Anonymousreply 57612/03/2017

the “Armie is a Jew” troll is also the “Timmy” troll. Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 57712/03/2017

LOL, what a terrible attempt at spin, R574. You can't just ignore the parts you don't like and try and cram the other stuff together in a new order. It has nothing to do with being eloquent, it's simply a case of he exposed himself as to what he's really concerned about - drama.

After all, if this were just about morals and he not being able to separate the artist from the person, why even mention the drama at all - why would that even come into it? It comes into it because that's what would most bother the kind of guy who deletes his Twitter account because of a negative Buzzfeed article.

by Anonymousreply 57812/03/2017

ONTD: “white men can have the bone structure of a cantaloupe and praised for their alleged jawline”

I have also noticed Armie gets praised for his rather formless jawline

by Anonymousreply 57912/03/2017

God r578 you are exhausting, parsing somebody's off the cuff statements word by word by word -- he said "drama" oh my goddddddddddd kill him

by Anonymousreply 58012/03/2017

R578 So explain to me why he would mention the part about being a virtuous person if that wasn't part of his reasoning?

by Anonymousreply 58112/03/2017

ONTD: “He just keeps talking omg

His legacy will be blah blah I'm white rich and clueless blah blah those two good tweets.”

by Anonymousreply 58212/03/2017

Can we stop posting opinions from ONTD? It’s a cesspool of SJW circlejerking. At least the pointless bitchery on here is fun and not tedious as hell.

by Anonymousreply 58312/03/2017

Why do you keep quoting ONTD? They're so irrelevant they still use livejournal.

by Anonymousreply 58412/03/2017

R581 Two options, one, because he was trying to sound like he cared about the moral issue. Or two, and frankly the more likely, he doesn't actually know what the word virtuous means.

by Anonymousreply 58512/03/2017

R584 I was literally about to post the same exact comment. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 58612/03/2017

R585 Right. So if someone claims to care, it automatically means they don't. Jeez, cynical. Of course he knows what virtuous means, he's not 10.

by Anonymousreply 58712/03/2017

Will Armie show his dick in the sequels.

by Anonymousreply 58812/03/2017

R587 No, them mentioning how their main concern would be the drama, rather than the moral issue, means they don't care. I notice you still haven't explained why he'd even mention the drama if he was only concerned about the virtuous.

by Anonymousreply 58912/03/2017

Yes he will show his dick but they will digitally remove it so they have stories to tell in the junket.

by Anonymousreply 59012/03/2017

R589 He never said his main concern was the drama. He mentioned being virtuous first and then mentioned the drama. I didn't say he was only concerned about that, I just said it was still clearly part of it. Anyway, agree to disagree. To me, he said nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 59112/03/2017

R590 But will they leave his balls in this time?

by Anonymousreply 59212/03/2017

They will show Maritza’s G spot on camera before they show his balls.

by Anonymousreply 59312/03/2017

Ugh we need a new thread. I’ll start one.

by Anonymousreply 59412/03/2017

[QUOTE]To me, he said nothing wrong.

Hardly a shock, given you evidently mentally edit out anything you don't like. And again, I ask, if he really was virtuous, and working with Polanski would violate his high moral standards, why would he even consider the drama?

R590 God, the stories they've been coming out with for the marketing of this film is more like the kind of stuff you'd expect to hear during the press junket for a reality television show. I guess the cost of the editing out of balls meant they had to cut costs when it came to getting a decent marketing director.

by Anonymousreply 59512/03/2017

R571

by Anonymousreply 59612/03/2017

R571 I literally didn't edit out any of the quote you posted. I added some more of what he said to add context and moved things around a little. Everything that he said is still there. Why would he consider the drama? Uh, because he's an actor that knows full well how a project can flop after working with a rapist maybe. What part of agree to disagree don't you understand?

by Anonymousreply 59712/03/2017

Jeez, get us into this new thread ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 59812/03/2017

Part 7

by Anonymousreply 59912/03/2017

Closed

by Anonymousreply 60012/03/2017

[QUOTE]What part of agree to disagree don't you understand?

You agreed, I didn't.

[QUOTE]Why would he consider the drama? Uh, because he's an actor that knows full well how a project can flop after working with a rapist maybe.

But if he has such a high moral standard, why would he even consider working with a rapist long enough to need to consider the drama? Maybe not so virtuous

by Anonymousreply 60112/03/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!