Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeopardy 10 — Let the merriment continue

Time for a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 600March 7, 2018 4:15 AM

It's been so log with the TOC that I can't even remember who the current champion is.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2017 7:07 PM

I made a point of remembering that the last regular show was three wimmens. The guy tonight has a cute picture.

Interesting how we hit 600 as the TOC ended!

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2017 8:15 PM

Wow, Kara is just...insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2017 11:39 PM

Really good game.....no one was a drag on the tempo!

Eric!!!! Wouldn't mind if he stayed around awhile. FJ was difficult for me.....knew it when I heard it. A couple of categories were stretching it.....

Is everyone going to try to be "on" now? Is Austin the new benchmark?

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2017 1:26 AM

We all have our strengths here. I got final right off the bat before I even finished reading the question; then again, I choke completely on a lot of plays and films that folks find as gimmees. I was rather surprised when he ended up mentioning a wife, as his jazz hands intro lead me to believe ... otherwise. Such a touchy-feely fellow he is, too.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2017 3:02 AM

Funny: I thought "Albania" in the clue made the FJ pretty much a giveaway. R4, I reaaallly hope Eric wasn't mugging in his introductory shot because Austin made it the latest thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Austin, Alan, and maybe Buzzy could all be plotted somewhere on the autism spectrum. I'm not sure Austin could help the mugging -- might have been a his response to nerves.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2017 3:15 AM

Whatever Eric used to cure his pizza face, it worked like a charm!

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2017 2:01 PM

I say enough already with the cute gestures and mugging. The contestants should all be told to SHUT UP during the game unless they are giving answers. Any cute shit they want to express can be done during the interviews, which Alex is extremely adept at shutting down. The only thing they should be allowed to do is write something on their FJ screen - especially if they are in a losing position. Unlike so many others, JEOPARDY has always been an intelligent and dignified show and this bullshit needs to GO.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2017 3:36 PM

This stuff started with the Shimmying Lady, I believe (unless Matt Jackson came first)?

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2017 4:27 PM

Easiest FJ ever.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2017 12:01 AM

Yup......for all of us except handsome Eric!

Purple Menace will return tomorrow....oh my.

WOF and J were pre-empted in my area for a local Christmas "talent" show. It wasn't until it was almost over when I realized I could watch it on my local MeTV channel. I only got to see FJ.....so hopefully it was a great game!

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2017 12:34 AM

Ugh - can't stand her! Poor Wilbur losing like that, too. Nice northeastern dig at L. A. folks from Eric.

Had no idea of Final, so guessed Abbey Road.

WOF OT: Big Boy pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2017 3:02 AM

I guess I don't understand the rules. To me, Wilbur got the answer. Would he have gotten credit if he had written "Sgt. Pepper" and stopped right there?

What's the difference between that and only writing a person's last name?

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2017 3:26 AM

I think when it's a title, it has to be exact. You couldn't say "Gone with the W" and been correct; or Mona L for the DaVinci painting. Perhaps they instruct the players on this point beforehand? I thought Wilbur may just have run out of time.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2017 2:35 PM

Fuck you, Trebek.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2017 1:06 AM

The purple reign of terror continues. Some of the categories were a bit awkward....but the contestants were game.

Military girl was smart. Bartender was a lost cause.

The interviews must have been VERY awkward.....the editing was obvious in all three.....

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2017 1:57 AM

I think Wilbur was cheated also. I think they should allow him to come back. I can't stand her purple hair either.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2017 2:39 AM

As a Seattlite, I find her hair dye actually fairly subdued or conservative, more blue than actual purple, which some folks color their locks in honor of University of Washington. She lost me at robotics team during her interview.

Poor Grandpa Jim... past it and didn't know it. Sadly, I took the point of the military lady's story to be that she was hip, not square, didn't quite work.

One of the poorer games we've had in a while, although we've just come off a couple of weeks of Champions which may skew it a bit. Final was a freaking total giveaway, so I was still mildly shocked that neither of the challengers got it.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2017 3:19 AM

Agree Wilbur was cheated. They knew that he had enough of the correct answer to count.... Just for comparison, today’s daytime jeopardy final had a clue that was obvuisky Benedict Arnold but the “winner” just wrote “Arnold”. Alex accepted it!! Could’ve been Arnold Swarzenegger he was going to write!! Crazy

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2017 3:35 AM

Wilbur should be invited back.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2017 5:21 PM

I'm always in Wilbur's stable.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2017 9:01 PM

I'm going to say one thing: an identical necktie and pocket square is known as matchy-matchy. Just say No!

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2017 3:29 AM

Tom Thumb? Really?

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2017 11:57 PM

Another give-away Final question.

We have discussed gay face, and gay voice, here at Datalounge. Based on tonight's show is there such a thing as as gay penmanship?

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2017 2:59 AM

Boo! It was preempted in NYC by a college football game.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2017 5:12 PM

R25 - But it was shown later in the wee hours of the morning. (I DVRed it but haven't had the chance to watch yet.)

Keep that in mind in the future: when Jeopardy preempted at 7PM, check for a later airing.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2017 6:12 PM

I did DVR a later showing. And it was an old show.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2017 9:28 PM

I thought episodes were uploaded to YouTube?

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2017 9:37 PM

Gosh, have you guys stopped watching because you're boycotting the tropical shirts or something?

I mentioned I was good at geography, so I did get final. I also knew Nizhny Novgorod, but realistically figured that was rather a tough question.

I wrote off old man Hilary at first, but he did better than I had expected him to. The chorus lady struck me as being very much down with the homos, so I wouldn't have minded her winning either.

WOF: the trucker'queue was something, but any of you notice his best friend in the audience? I really wanted to see him onstage!

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2017 3:00 AM

[quote]Gosh, have you guys stopped watching because you're boycotting the tropical shirts or something?

I guess I enjoyed the Tournament of Champions more than I care to admit, because the shows since then have been boring.

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2017 11:29 AM

Contestants seem to do poorly on literature, which saddens me. They didn’t know Howl or Olive Kitteredge.

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2017 12:06 AM

Good evenly matched contestants today. I liked the categories, too.

Amanda was going right along - I hope her knowledge of the planets and gods is reported to the Missouri Synod.

I want Matt to come to my house and drink grape soda..... *wink*

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2017 12:27 AM

Why assume she is Synod? Many Lutherans are ELCA.

What's left to say when they blow a giveaway Final question like that?

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2017 3:02 AM

New champ chunkster and grape soda aficionado Matt is kinda cute.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2017 11:33 PM

In the "Shoes" category, Missy knew Dr. Martens but not Manolo Blahnik. Lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2017 11:38 PM

Ragged dick!

Again the know-nothings about literature. Damn Philistines.

by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2017 11:42 PM

I guessed radical fringe, not lunatic fringe.

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2017 11:57 PM

I thought they were just looking for the word fringe. Astounding that I knew almost every single answer that none of them did. How in the hell could you qualify for Jeopardy and not know the capital of New Zealand? Shawn, unfortunately for him with the timing of the taping, reminded me of Al Franken.

We read Ragged Dick in high school.

WOF OT: did I really hear that the woman had two girls named Elizabeth and Eliza?

by Anonymousreply 38November 30, 2017 3:02 AM

Alex seemed a bit pissy about today's non-answers. C'mon, people! Hadrian's Wall ring a bell? Duh.

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2017 3:08 AM

Alex misses Austen.

by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2017 2:09 PM

So do I, r40. Austen was n't some high-priced NY or LA lawyer. I think lawyers who bomb out on Jeopardy should have to lower their fees. Has Austen changed Jeopardy standards where conduct was concerned? I know smiles were obligatory.

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2017 2:47 PM

[quote] Alex misses Austen.

[quote] Austen wasn't some high-priced NY or LA lawyer.

[quote] Has Austen changed Jeopardy standards where conduct was concerned?

If the two of you were on Final Jeopardy, Alex would have say something like "Oh, I'm getting word from the judges we can't accept this as a correct response because of the misspelling." ;)

by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2017 3:01 PM

^ have to say

My kingdom for an edit button!

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2017 3:26 PM

R38 I thought the same thing. Grape Soda was very lucky the challengers didn't know the FJ answer and messed up their wagers.

I, too, was astounded at what they DIDN'T know! I liked the categories. At least there wasn't one that was full of "video" clues....those are useless. I wish they would get rid of the crew that travels around and tapes those things.

Nice grape flavored tie on the returning champ, and I am looking forward to a GOOD game tonight.

Gal did a nice comeback and Shaggy English Teacher started well, but faded in the stretch....his hair was ALMOST disturbing in its abundance.

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2017 4:11 PM

R33 I assumed she was Synod because those ELCA gals always mix their patterns......

by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2017 4:13 PM

Wow - final was so obvious that I knew what it would be before they even asked the question! Again, I was surprised at what the contestants didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2017 2:59 AM

I never thought I'd be using this common DL expression until now, but ... I wanted Tal inside me deeply.

I got Final, but then again back in the day I was addicted to I, Claudius.

by Anonymousreply 47December 2, 2017 2:58 AM

I couldn’t take my eyes off Tal. What a hot, sweet hunk. I could fall in love with that guy.

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2017 3:50 AM

Good even matches all this week. Hopefully this trend will continue. I like the new ending where Alex talks to all the contestants behind the podiums EXCEPT that we can't see how tall the guys really are.....

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2017 4:27 PM

I guessed Nero also but was hesitant because 65 AD seemed a little late for his reign. As it turns out, he died in 68 AD.

R47, same, loved the series and then read the books--all fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2017 11:15 PM

The week starts off with a seemingly nice nerd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2017 1:46 PM

I had just checked out today's contestants when I looked in here and saw that. My first thought when seeing him was: "Is this what they call 'gay face'?"

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2017 2:34 PM

It must be said. Kyle is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2017 12:01 AM

Fun game......Alice's voice was most annoying. Lisa gave it the old college try, but I think she was slow on the buzzer.

FJ was a giveaway, so the wagering was crucial. Good on Gilbert Bates.....I mean....Kyle for winning. Not sure he will be as lucky with some fast buzzer competition....we shall see?

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2017 12:10 AM

Kyle looks so Nashville with that tie and sweater. No, for me , the final wasn't a giveaway,because I haven't been exposed to children's lit for years. There are many finals all three missed that I knew, but I didn't know this one.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2017 1:43 AM

Yay! The nerd pulled it off in the end.

He got a real slow start.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2017 2:22 AM

Was anyone else not surprised that Kyle didn’t do well in the NFL category?

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2017 2:42 AM

HA HA, R57!

I wouldn't exactly call Where's Waldo "literature", but I got what they were driving at.

Alice sounded like a Valley Girl to me, although she knew her stuff, I'll grant her that.

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2017 3:03 AM

Dimples Matt started strong and then faded in the stretch. Kim had a mean teacher face.

It was a good game.....it seemed like Kyle was fading and he was not on track during the first round, but he picked up quickly in the DJ round.

The last few days, the interviews have been strangely edited - as if there was too much NOTHING said or that the producers were trying to salvage something from pieces of conversation.... FJ was a mystery to me, I thought of Napoleon because of the years....but nothing came to me....

I wonder what color sweater and tie Kyle will wear tonight?

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2017 3:05 PM

All I could think of for yesterday's final was the Congress of Berlin. I was traveling so just watched it now via YouTube. All three of the interviews were indeed strangely flat. Kim was in trouble early on as there weren't going to be enough Old People's questions for her to break out. Matt's resentment of Kyle's late breakout was incredibly obvious.

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2017 11:22 PM

"Old People's Questions," ha! My category...

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2017 11:29 PM

I love our cookie-smelling champ.

No love for Hitchcock, which was surprising.

by Anonymousreply 62December 7, 2017 12:08 AM

I'm glad the cutie nerd keeps winning.

by Anonymousreply 63December 7, 2017 1:07 AM

No sweater for Kyle tonight - but he still did fine.

Yes, not ONE Hitchcock answer from anyone? Grandpa was certainly slow, I'm surprised he did as well as he did. FJ was interesting.....I guessed the correct response, but didn't know for sure.

Trying to figure out the belt on the lady.....new or vintage?

Kyle keeps rolling along.....maybe tomorrow night he will have something interesting - or SOMEONE will.....PLEASE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 64December 7, 2017 1:50 AM

I couldn't believe no one got Vertigo for Kim Novak. I also can't believe that no one commented about how last week's champion Lisa Kristina looks like Veronica Cartwright from the Witches of Eastwick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 7, 2017 2:17 AM

Kyle - projecting a different image

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 7, 2017 1:11 PM

Saw yesterday's show on YouTube just now. I now imagine Kyle as wearing Eau de Cookies cologne, with all sorts of Keebler Elf memorabilia in his bachelor pad; anyone else concerned he's going to start crying any show now?

Doctor was quite butch, I'll bet he's not very well liked by the nurses and staff will have to deal with him. Lady's color scheme was interesting, although Halloween was a while ago. Man, Latin club tours of Europe, that guy is really a first-class dork. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

I did not get Kim Novak at all, but then again the only thing I know about Hitchcock is Tippi Hedren in the birds. Final took a couple of moments, but kicked in well before the time was up.

by Anonymousreply 67December 7, 2017 5:59 PM

In R66 he looks like a young Pee Wee Herman.

by Anonymousreply 68December 7, 2017 10:33 PM

The sweat on the top of the challenger's shaved head made it look as though he had just come in from a rain shower. Bragging about being accepted to all the Ivy League colleges, eventually going to Harvard of course, doesn't exactly endear you to the audience.

WOF OT: any comments re: Posing Pouch Pete?

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2017 4:26 PM

Ben is an incredibly annoying spaz. Crude, but true. There is something very wrong there.

by Anonymousreply 70December 9, 2017 2:58 AM

R70, Ben is either autistic or nuts.

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2017 6:17 AM

Very awkward new champ. I’ll miss Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 72December 9, 2017 2:20 PM

r72, I don't. Too wholesome. Will he make the tournament with just four wins? I agree the new camp is somewhat awkward, but we needed a new face.

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2017 2:58 PM

I noticed Ben on WOF didn't say he played piano....his hand was shaking like Parkinson's......I kind of wish he had won money instead of a car.....

Goodbye, Kyle! It was fun while it lasted, although NOBODY should have missed that FJ question! I am sure the staff is happy about not having to invent anything else for Alex to talk to you about..... New champ - nice win.....but I don't think many will warm up to you.

by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2017 10:09 PM

I'm pulling for LaKedra.

by Anonymousreply 75December 11, 2017 11:48 PM

Charlie Shorts was fucking hot. I like to think his dick would occasionally fall out of his shorts.

Good riddance, Ben. Twat.

I quite like LaKedra.

by Anonymousreply 76December 12, 2017 12:50 AM

I waited the whole show to come here to find out how many people felt that Charlie was in the same league as Tom the Bartender? Lakedra knows her stuff! Bye, Ben (won't miss you, sorry).

Final was pretty easy.

by Anonymousreply 77December 12, 2017 3:00 AM

Charlie Shorts was cute, but not that sharp, maybe? I thought Ben was kind of melting down with his signalling device for a while, there.

by Anonymousreply 78December 12, 2017 3:21 AM

Ben was definitely melting down. What a spaz.

I bet Alex hated him.

by Anonymousreply 79December 12, 2017 6:49 AM

[quote]Charlie Shorts was cute, but not that sharp, maybe?

He earned $12k through DOuble Jeopardy. Respectable showing.

by Anonymousreply 80December 12, 2017 9:47 AM

Aww no Charlie...

by Anonymousreply 81December 12, 2017 11:05 AM

I've seen less frenetic hand motion in a four-way jackoff party than Ben was exhibiting in his frenzied masturbatory attack on his signaling device. At one point he jerked it so high while pounding it that I thought the buzzer had cum in his face.

by Anonymousreply 82December 12, 2017 5:33 PM

It seemed his left arm is non-functional?

by Anonymousreply 83December 12, 2017 5:47 PM

How do you think Charlie Shorts REALLY got his nickname?

by Anonymousreply 84December 12, 2017 9:21 PM

Good riddance to Ben. What a weirdo!

But Charlie, we barely got to know you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 12, 2017 9:26 PM

Tonight, again, I noticed something annoying that Johnny Gilbert does. When he announces how much the current champion has won thus far, if the person has won, say, $25,401, he says it as "Twenty five thousand, four hundred and one dollar," rather than "dollars." Weird that nobody has ever corrected him on that over all these years.

by Anonymousreply 86December 12, 2017 11:23 PM

LaKedra is an OB/GYN doc? She seems so young, I thought she was a grad student or something.

by Anonymousreply 87December 12, 2017 11:39 PM

WOF: flaming queen tonight

by Anonymousreply 88December 13, 2017 12:19 AM

Tough final, yet so simple. Kirke is church in German as well, and I'm kicking myself for not getting it. But that professor was gorgeous, the most beautiful eyes. I'm going to google Bates College faculty and see what he teaches.

by Anonymousreply 89December 13, 2017 12:23 AM

He's a history professor and not the most gracious loser.

by Anonymousreply 90December 13, 2017 12:30 AM

I'm surprised no one guessed Dunkirk given the recent movie.

by Anonymousreply 91December 13, 2017 12:35 AM

The "flaming queen" on WOF won a trip to DR! Too bad he didn't get the final...

by Anonymousreply 92December 13, 2017 12:35 AM

That middle guy was gorgeous!!

Well, the only guy ☺️☺️

by Anonymousreply 93December 13, 2017 12:41 AM

"The 'flaming queen' on WOF won a trip to DR!"

Okay, what the fuck is "DR"? Would it kill the poster to spell it out?

by Anonymousreply 94December 13, 2017 12:42 AM

Dominican Republic......and he was T A L L.

LaKedra is killing it! She seems like she has a good head on her W I D E shoulders, and she seems to like her job a lot. I bet she is a good doctor!

Weird categories today. Poor Kentucky girl was outclassed all around, but she never gave up. I was kind of hoping Ian would pull out a win.....but NOPE.

Oh....R86, one night a couple of years ago, Alex addressed that. He said that grammatically, the and ONE dollar is correct.... I don't think so either. You wouldn't say it was a group of ten thousand four hundred and one boy..... Hopefully there are some grammarians on DL who can tell us if Johnny Gilbert is correct.....

by Anonymousreply 95December 13, 2017 1:00 AM

LaKedra broke their spirits by rolling through that state capital anagram thread like she did.

by Anonymousreply 96December 13, 2017 1:03 AM

[quote] [Charlie] earned $12k through Double Jeopardy. Respectable showing.

Very true, actually. Maybe nobody would show well against Lakedra and her ginormous anagram-busting doctor brain.

by Anonymousreply 97December 13, 2017 1:28 AM

Professor Ian is a history prof--lives with his husband and Pomeranian-poodle, Ashur. Their wedding announcement (2014) was in the NY Times. He's grown into his looks nicely--in older pictures he looks nerdier--taking the glasses off helps.

by Anonymousreply 98December 13, 2017 1:42 AM

[quote]One night a couple of years ago, Alex addressed that. He said that grammatically, the and ONE dollar is correct...

That can't be right. "I paid nine hundred and one dollar for a new refrigerator?" No.

by Anonymousreply 99December 13, 2017 1:57 AM

I was surprised that Lakedra is a physician when she's obviously so out of shape? She knows her stuff, and seems like a really nice person, which is plenty for me. Ian was good looking and a decent sort, while KY Woman was just ... there.

I got final at the very last minute.

As for WOF, Pat didn't seem all that uncomfortable with the guy to me. I liked the brother they showed in the audience, who is more my type, what can I say? I was horrified that they might actually send the poor f a g to Jamaica, which would have been a very bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 100December 13, 2017 3:02 AM

Lakedra Pam. Why does she use her obvious middle name as her last name? Is it because she works in a prison and doesn’t want convict families to track her down?

by Anonymousreply 101December 13, 2017 4:24 AM

FTM won today! Did you boys even notice? Check out the tiny hands tomorrow.

I, of course, knew right away. Bryce (tee hee!) said he married an Indian girl and she almost set him on fire at the ceremony. Hmmmm.

At least he's not saying he's a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 102December 13, 2017 11:33 PM

Sorry to see Big Momma Lakedra go.

by Anonymousreply 103December 14, 2017 2:30 AM

Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?!

by Anonymousreply 104December 14, 2017 2:40 AM

On the one hand, I thought Bryce was totes adorbs, on the other hand he pinged the like hell! I'm not buying the FTM though, I've met enough dorky boys like him. Usually, I save this for later, but the Wheel of Fortune at champ ping like hell too, despite the wife and three kids. Actually, his wife looked like exactly the type of plain Jane who would marry her gay best friend. (see: Tim Kaine)

All I could think of for final was Old Man and the Sea, and I knew Hemingway was long gone by then. Sorry to see the good doctor go, she seems like a really nice person. The middle woman from New Jersey was interesting in that she popped up with enough answers at random places that it seems she might be a surprise winner in the end.

Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? had me exclaiming "OMG, a Datalounge classic!"

by Anonymousreply 105December 14, 2017 3:03 AM

FJ was easy. The “solitude” word was a dead giveaway.

Sorry to see the good doctor go.

by Anonymousreply 106December 14, 2017 3:15 AM

Is Bryce a T? I think tomorrow's contestant Brennan might be. Check out the pic on the Jeopardy website.

Sorry to see Lakedra go. Still missing Charlie too.

by Anonymousreply 107December 14, 2017 5:41 AM

Again I'm kicking myself because "leyo Cien Anos de Soledad." But it was a tough final. Will miss the good doctor.

by Anonymousreply 108December 14, 2017 6:26 PM

With Brennan the question is more whether he is now a straight or gay "man"? Will look at Bruce's hands more closely, but if he is T he passes as a super-dorky boy well enough; last night's shirt and tie combo looked like what such a guy would pick out.

by Anonymousreply 109December 14, 2017 6:44 PM

Weren't you listening? Bryce discussed his Indian wedding ceremony. and said his bride nearly set him on fire with hot butter.

by Anonymousreply 110December 14, 2017 8:16 PM

LeKedra looked really nice last night in her black jacket. She tried but she seemed distracted. Olive Oyl in the middle kept plugging away, but I think the categories were not in her wheelhouse.

BryBry was super fast with the buzzer and knew a LOT! I'm always glad when they get the DJ clue out of the way early in the first game, so they don't spend their time jumping all over looking for it.

Not sure about him being FTM.....but we shall see....

YES Jeremie on WOF was too precious. First time I can remember that ONE contestant won all three toss-ups AND every game! He ended up with $68,000+. And all three of his brothers in law hugged him.

Unfortunately tonight we will have to deal with JG's "and one dollar" again..... Grammar experts please help!

by Anonymousreply 111December 14, 2017 9:57 PM

Alex Trebeck was laughing at everyone like losers that they didn't know Steinbeck.

by Anonymousreply 112December 14, 2017 11:51 PM

R112, he was correct to. Philistines.

by Anonymousreply 113December 15, 2017 1:06 AM

They should have known that Steinbeck is a perennial on that show, like Kerouac and Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 114December 15, 2017 7:00 PM

Bye Bry! I dodn't think he was FTM.....at the end after he lost, he put both hands in his pockets like a true nerd.

The guy on the other end....however......one wonders.

New champ seems to really WANT it. Wouldn't mind if he stuck around awhile. FJ was easy if you read it.....we studied the blimps....and I remember the Akron that crashed....well...I remember reading about it.

AND Ales gave the champ's winnings at the beginning of the show using the plural DOLLARS!

by Anonymousreply 115December 15, 2017 7:31 PM

I caught right away that Akron was a hint about blimps.

I am willing to consider Brennan as a T boy, but the deep voice gives me pause for declaring that as a total certainty. Bryce on the other hand, seemed just, not femme but wimpy; I guess that I was wondering if it's a case of denial or immigration fraud there?

New champ suits up a dream; he has sort of just an overall gay everything vibe, as opposed to hands, voice, etc.

by Anonymousreply 116December 15, 2017 7:40 PM

I'll start with Alex wearing pullups. A joke (I didn't get) or an admission? Either way - oy!

Love the new champ - a few weeks of her would be fine by me. Poor Kiersten ... knew a lot, but filled their recently lacking behemoth quota. Craig needed to learn that what you can wear in predominantly doesn't always work on TV, as the shirt and tie were both too pastel metallic. Besides that, there is just something "off" in general there.

Final was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 117December 16, 2017 3:12 AM

I was kind of hoping Kiersten would get the "Hoss" answer since she looked like him. This was a great even game with some interesting categories.

Yes FJ was pretty obvious.....too bad Craig lost so much on his DJ wagers. Denise did a great job in the second round!

It will be interesting to see how long she stays around.

by Anonymousreply 118December 16, 2017 4:47 AM

[quote]New champ suits up a dream; he has sort of just an overall gay everything vibe, as opposed to hands, voice, etc.

That also was my impression when Craig won on Thursday, and also when I saw the the little Youtube clip from the attached article - although FWIW it does mention a wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 16, 2017 1:55 PM

Really, Trebeck??????

Fucking commercials during the show? Jumanji???? Really???

🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 120December 19, 2017 12:08 AM

R120, that’s nothing new.

Ben was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 121December 19, 2017 12:18 AM

Ben was adorkable.

by Anonymousreply 122December 19, 2017 2:19 AM

As I have mentioned many times, I am a huge dork fan myself, but wasn't as smitten with Ben as I might have been. Something about him just struck me as being a very boring person. That having been said, tonight was a real tragedy for me as I took a true dislike to the new champ right away. Outgoing champ is one of the classiest I can remember in a long time.

As for commercials, they've plugged other stuff before, but it was the running characters across the screen perhaps that made it highlighted as an endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 123December 19, 2017 3:00 AM

I can't stand how Alex fake acts like he doesn't know what the contestants put as their answers and wagers to Final Jeopardy just before revealing the results. "Oh I can tell by the look on Johnny's face he's not happy!" I know it happens every single show, but it's a pet peeve of mine.

by Anonymousreply 124December 19, 2017 11:38 AM

Did my ears play tricks on me or did Johnny say "dollarS" last night when introducing the champ? I thought I heard it, but I'm not sure.

Yes, sorry to lose Denise. She was very good and had some class. New champ (Kate?) - seems like a very determined broad with a strong jaw! Ben just couldn't make any correct guesses.....although I thought they were buttercups, too.

FJ was easy if you thought a moment.......GUERNICA? That was pretty funny. I thought at first it was going to be about ME!

Hoping we have a new champ tonight.....time will tell. Some interesting NEW categories as well.....

by Anonymousreply 125December 19, 2017 2:57 PM

Alex is such a fuckup. I noticed both of his mistakes immediately.

by Anonymousreply 126December 20, 2017 12:42 AM

I noticed those mistakes of his as well; I think that she was kind of cheated by the fact that he didn't ask for more information on the title Stars and Stripes.

Was rooting for the military lady, who I am awarding the best enunciation prize. Guy seemed boring.

Went with Etna, too (Anzio?)

WOF OT: brother was pretty hot and pinged

by Anonymousreply 127December 20, 2017 3:14 AM

More Kate......we are doomed.... What is the matter with her teeth? Jordan was doing all right....then boom!

I did kind of want Lisa Lisa to win.....and I think she was cheated out of some money when AT accepted her "wrong" answers.....but she did have a bit of an impediment going.

FJ was obvious - once I saw the answer. LOL....and again some weirdly worded clues....and insufferable movie guy - mush mouth.....

Come on, contestants, let's send Kate back to the dugout.

by Anonymousreply 128December 20, 2017 3:18 AM

Really choppy editing yesterday, enunciation lady must have played Hell with the timing of the show or something.

by Anonymousreply 129December 20, 2017 11:43 AM

I was sure I heard Enunciating Lisa pronounce the "-d" in "Scrooged."

by Anonymousreply 130December 20, 2017 1:07 PM

I disagree as I was surprised at the time that she had (temporarily) gotten away with it.

by Anonymousreply 131December 20, 2017 1:20 PM

Yeah, my first thought was, "she said 'Scrooge'."

by Anonymousreply 132December 20, 2017 5:41 PM

Thought Alex messed up the Stars and Stripes answer. Instead of pausing and letting Lisa think for a second and complete her question, Alex inserted Forever right away and told her she was right. Maybe it was editing. There have been plenty of examples when contestants gave incomplete answers and they were afforded a pause to flesh things out.

by Anonymousreply 133December 20, 2017 5:47 PM

I thought she said Scrooge too. She got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 134December 20, 2017 6:04 PM

[quote]Thought Alex messed up the Stars and Stripes answer. Instead of pausing and letting Lisa think for a second and complete her question, Alex inserted Forever right away and told her she was right.

That's the part I thought was weird -- though I guess I heard her "Scrooge" answer wrong.

by Anonymousreply 135December 20, 2017 7:31 PM

I felt they should've let her keep the Stars money as Alex failed to hint she needed a more complete answer.

by Anonymousreply 136December 20, 2017 9:19 PM

Mmmmm Justin hot geek coach daddy!!

by Anonymousreply 137December 20, 2017 11:32 PM

Remy reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara. Kate seems absolutely joyless.

by Anonymousreply 138December 20, 2017 11:47 PM

R138, very apt description of Kate. There was something about her I couldn't quite place, but joyless is about right.

by Anonymousreply 139December 20, 2017 11:49 PM

I really wanted Justin to win. He's hot and likable.

The middle woman just seemed smug.

Kate is joyless. A joyless frau.

by Anonymousreply 140December 21, 2017 12:00 AM

The middle woman seemed like she was facing the wrong direction.

by Anonymousreply 141December 21, 2017 12:24 AM

I was close in FJ, I said Denmark. I knew it was one of those norther, cold countries.

The guy was cute.

by Anonymousreply 142December 21, 2017 12:35 AM

K K K Katy......is the most unlikable champ since Austin for me. Her drive to win and succeed seems insatiable.

I am said for Justin with his lovely printing and badly tied tie.... Remy was intense as well. It's too bad they couldn't settle the match with a twirling bat contest.

I did know FJ only because of the threads here on DL about the princes of the Netherlands......

That Movies Hated by Fictional Characters was one of the worst in Jeopardy history. PLEASE someone save us from Kate and all of her chins.

by Anonymousreply 143December 21, 2017 1:58 AM

Kate reminds me of Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 144December 21, 2017 2:40 AM

Final was a giveaway for me, I knew it immediately. Justin's tie was indeed distracting. I didn't find him particularly hot, and I'm the one who has a soft spot for dorks. I guess it was because I thought his story was rather lame, and I just somehow got the feeling that he was an anti-ping with a girlfriend.

I felt Remy had pluck, which was a plus for me. I may look a bit like Ed Asner, but ...

"Robotic" was the term I settled on for Kate tonight.

by Anonymousreply 145December 21, 2017 3:03 AM

I hate robotic, joyless, soulless Kate. Hate her.

I loved Justin. Thought he was incredibly Clark Kent sexy.

by Anonymousreply 146December 21, 2017 6:18 AM

I found Justin's way to busy 'strutting-in-place' body language after nearly every correct response to be a real turn-off.

by Anonymousreply 147December 21, 2017 1:26 PM

I couldn't STAND Remy's sanctimonious, smug expression that she was never without. I don't like the champ and her non-personality, but I was delighted when Remy lost.

by Anonymousreply 148December 21, 2017 5:10 PM

Agree totally with R148. Remy kept her head tilted at this "I know everything" angle throughout the show. She was dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 149December 21, 2017 5:15 PM

I think Remy stood at an angle because someone had told her that it would make her look thinner. Why else would she do it? It's true in still photographs but on TV it looked very stilted.

by Anonymousreply 150December 21, 2017 11:09 PM

Johnny is such a cutie-pie;)

by Anonymousreply 151December 21, 2017 11:21 PM

Yay - Johnny won!

by Anonymousreply 152December 21, 2017 11:30 PM

I like Johnny. I hope he stays awhile.

by Anonymousreply 153December 22, 2017 12:04 AM

Johnny looks like a young bank teller from 1982.

by Anonymousreply 154December 22, 2017 12:26 AM

I plan to marry Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 155December 22, 2017 1:35 AM

Hurray Johnny saved us from another humorless frau!!

He does look sort of like Keanu Reeves from the 80's......he was lucky in his wagering both during the game AND in FJ!

Fingers crossed that he darkens our portals for a few days.

Bye, Katy, we won't miss you at all!

by Anonymousreply 156December 22, 2017 1:40 AM

Johnny is our hero! I was actually rooting for Eileen as he didn't seem too strong at the beginning. Her story, however, came across as a "you had to be there" flop. I hate to admit that kayaking to a bar sounded cool.

No idea of Final, so all I could come up with was Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 157December 22, 2017 3:02 AM

Why is the son of Alex Trebek serving lots and lots of tacos for a living? Also, you do NOT mess with Donna!

by Anonymousreply 158December 22, 2017 11:39 PM

I’m going to miss Johnny. He is my type of guy. Truly adorable.

But I fucking love Donna. She’s fun and she’s fearless.

by Anonymousreply 159December 23, 2017 12:05 AM

I like Donna too. Having lived in DC, Johnny was a way too stereotyped politico. Donna is refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 160December 23, 2017 12:13 AM

Donna is sassy af an awesome. I love her!

by Anonymousreply 161December 23, 2017 12:19 AM

Sensational Donna! That was some crazy DD betting.

by Anonymousreply 162December 23, 2017 12:21 AM

Donna is amazing. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 163December 23, 2017 12:42 AM

Donna bugged me. I didn't like how she would comment after Alex's answers. There was a constant undertone of "oh!" "Great!" "Hmm" and all her other noises. Distracting.

by Anonymousreply 164December 23, 2017 1:03 AM

Bring back Johnny!!!

by Anonymousreply 165December 23, 2017 1:15 AM

Donna wants to be the new Austin. Her sound effects and comments were tiring to me - BUT she was fearless in her wagering.

It will be interesting to see how far she can go! She IS smart!

by Anonymousreply 166December 23, 2017 1:50 AM

Yay Donna !!

I knew FJ!!!!

Island Records!! I couldn't recall at first but it eventually came to me.

by Anonymousreply 167December 23, 2017 3:03 AM

I live in Seattle, so want to say that Donna is so non-typical of our passive-aggressive population! As someone with Nantucket roots, I did wait nearly half an hour to express my outrage at what a tragedy the opening of the show was: the island of Cape Cod??? That aside, she really is very smart with a extensive breadth of knowledge.

Johnny seemed less attractive to me today. Poor Zack, couldn't catch a break and overshadowed.

Re: Final ... I guessed Sun.

by Anonymousreply 168December 23, 2017 3:04 AM

Where can we stream Jeopardy??

by Anonymousreply 169December 23, 2017 3:07 AM

You Tube has the episodes posted that evening, next day latest. If you missed it, it was one if the better games and Donna is All That.

by Anonymousreply 170December 23, 2017 3:16 AM

I can't STAND Donna. I don't know which I like least—her interminable sound effects, her smug cutesy attitude, or the fact that she says "hunnet" for "hundred," as in, "I'd like 'Chirpy African-Americans' for six-hunnet, Alex."

by Anonymousreply 171December 23, 2017 3:36 AM

I worship Donna. And somebody tell me where I can find Johnny IRL. I must make him love me!

by Anonymousreply 172December 23, 2017 11:34 AM

I think Donna's noises were just the product of her nervousness. I didn't like her either at first, but have to admire her game-playing. And Johnny seemed very gracious in his appreciation of her skills.

by Anonymousreply 173December 23, 2017 11:49 AM

What days were Donna on? She wasn't on Thursday. Was she just on Friday? Can someone post a pic of her?

by Anonymousreply 174December 23, 2017 12:42 PM

Poor R174, stuck on DL without internet access.

by Anonymousreply 175December 23, 2017 12:44 PM

R158 The younger Trebek opened a Mexican-themed restaurant in Harlem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 23, 2017 2:11 PM

I guess I'm not alone to see cutie-pie Johnny go :(

But it lessen the sting because he loses to a really deserving new champ Donna.

Maybe we now again have a polarizing champ ala Austin?

by Anonymousreply 177December 23, 2017 2:35 PM

I was anti-Donna until she got Isabel Allende on her Daily Double. After that I knew she came to play.

by Anonymousreply 178December 23, 2017 10:13 PM

Someone tell that ho how to speak properly and stop with the goddamn sound effects.

by Anonymousreply 179December 24, 2017 4:35 AM

Charlie had gay voice.

Poor Donna, she knew a lot, but not enough.

All hail the Haunted Dentist!

Final seemed too easy.

by Anonymousreply 180December 26, 2017 3:59 AM

I only got to see about the last ten minutes because of the football game.....

Bye, Donna....let's hear a sound effect of the door hitting you on the way out. Charlie was interesting to look at, and the way it turned out....a couple of hundred dollars more and a BIG bid for FJ, and he would be the champ.

Skinny girl slides in......hopefully I get to see more of her tomorrow night. Was that really an entire round based on quotes and words from the movie TITANIC? Really???

by Anonymousreply 181December 26, 2017 4:52 AM

Donna walked over and gave Charlie a big hug.

by Anonymousreply 182December 26, 2017 5:01 AM

Damn, couldn't finish watching, our guests had arrived for dinner at that moment.

So Donna lost? That's too bad. Still 46k is nothing to sneeze at.

by Anonymousreply 183December 26, 2017 5:07 AM

I can't believe stupid football preempted Jeopardy for me. Donna came to play - what happened?

by Anonymousreply 184December 26, 2017 5:22 PM

You can watch the episode on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 185December 26, 2017 5:45 PM

I also found Donna's sound effects very annoying, although she was obviously a smart lady. Glad to see her go. Somehow I don't see the haunted dentist lasting a long time but you never know.

by Anonymousreply 186December 26, 2017 6:56 PM

I think Ami is proof positive that aliens have bred with humans...

by Anonymousreply 187December 26, 2017 11:02 PM

And Ami just proved that these alien-hybrids are more intelligent than simple humans.

by Anonymousreply 188December 26, 2017 11:29 PM

Natalie doesn't look anything at all like a powerlifter.

by Anonymousreply 189December 26, 2017 11:40 PM

No one was awed by her winning on a technicality like that? At first I thought Nunavit, before catching the time period. I was turned off by her vocal fry.

He reminded me of a sports nut fb I had years ago. His passions were football, baseball ... and jockstraps.

Talk about useless knowledge paying off - I knew Delta started off as a crop dusting outfit.

by Anonymousreply 190December 27, 2017 3:03 AM

The new champ is WAY too intense and annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 191December 27, 2017 6:01 AM

I can't figure out what's going on with the new champ's hairline. Or if it even exists. lol

by Anonymousreply 192December 27, 2017 11:31 AM

Based from her IG posts, new champ Ami is a big lez and fan of Obama and Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 193December 27, 2017 12:02 PM

Would the question be allowed if it was just "Yukon"?

by Anonymousreply 194December 27, 2017 2:50 PM

I wondered that too, R194. When I visited the Yukon years ago, I noticed the license platers on the cars there just said "Yukon" on them, and not "Yukon Territory."

by Anonymousreply 195December 27, 2017 5:57 PM

^^ platers, of course, = plates. ^^

by Anonymousreply 196December 27, 2017 5:58 PM

Ana......so hard to look at.....and listen to. It's a double whammy.

Haunted dentist did another $0 wager at FJ, but it didn't work out so well today. Cary was trying too hard, but his answer was so strange. WHY would he make it a plural? Weird, man.

Ana makes me long for Donna....hell....she ALMOST makes me long for Austin.

by Anonymousreply 197December 27, 2017 6:24 PM

After winning, maybe today Ana won't be as... hyper? Shrieky?

by Anonymousreply 198December 27, 2017 6:27 PM

Baseless hope that. She's shown us what to expect as long as she remains.

by Anonymousreply 199December 27, 2017 6:33 PM

Me, too, R194 and 195. It seemed awfully picky, I suppose either Yukon or Yukon Territory would be acceptable because neither contains a mistake, but Yukon Territories does contain a mistake. Still, I was surprised.

by Anonymousreply 200December 27, 2017 6:41 PM

I thought Yukon, too. I don't always think of it as Yukon Territory.

by Anonymousreply 201December 27, 2017 6:47 PM

Please, anyone, beat her. Her vocal fry is burning my ear drums. And, her up-speak makes her sound like a 14 year old.

by Anonymousreply 202December 27, 2017 11:10 PM

Good lord tonight's game was just awful. I am impressed new champ Kevin knew Degrassi High and Drake, though.

by Anonymousreply 203December 27, 2017 11:58 PM

Would Alex have made the same comment about the contestants being nervous about the hip hop category if there had been black players?

by Anonymousreply 204December 27, 2017 11:59 PM

Ugh. Another fat blob champ.

by Anonymousreply 205December 28, 2017 2:45 AM

Better him than that oddity whose head was so big, her scrawny neck could barely support it. Maybe her vocal fry was a result of her voice being squeezed out of that giraffe neck. I kept expecting her skull to bounce around like a bobble head.

by Anonymousreply 206December 28, 2017 2:56 AM

I couldn't guess how old former champ Ami was. She looked like she was 60, sounded like she was 20.

by Anonymousreply 207December 28, 2017 3:06 AM

I was rooting for the librarian lady myself. Quite the smackdown Ami gave Alex at the beginning! I'm assuming the radio show in China was in English. Or maybe she sounds better in tonal Chinese? I'd assume she is around 40 or so.

I knew Dine was Navajo from reading Tony Hillerman mysteries. Bad categories for me tonight as many questions went over my head between hip hop and science. I did get Final though the only other that I could recall that fit was van Buren's Kinderhook.

Maybe later this season they'll have the love child of Charlie Shorts and Tom the Bartender?

by Anonymousreply 208December 28, 2017 3:08 AM

And just like that - she's gone. She went to shake the new champ's hand, but he had turned the other way.....she didn't even get to be gracious. Her shattered self confidence as she slid down the money ladder was sort of sad to see.

New champ may be around a few days.....depends of course on the COMPETITION! And yes, compared to some of the GREAT games last week - Wednesday was lackluster.

Come on Jeopardy! :Make us happy!

What is three guys, Alex? (Our favorite type of game.)

by Anonymousreply 209December 28, 2017 4:27 PM

Ami was so, so Wellesley. Wonder if Hil was watching.

by Anonymousreply 210December 28, 2017 6:09 PM

Hmm such an easy fj today. And the trend continues in quick champ turnover.

by Anonymousreply 211December 28, 2017 11:31 PM

Kevin is such a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 212December 29, 2017 12:01 AM

I did get a bit of a ping when Kevin knew all about plays. I was a bit shocked that none of them knew about the lady's not for burning though.

Our heavily assimilated South Asian lady was almost a paradigm example of the New York suburbs, including her attire! I like the new champ, although that bare-knuckle baseball with a bunch of middle-aged dudes sounds rather dangerous.

Guess I totally misunderstood the final question as all I could think of was Joseph and the coat of many colors.

Not so much a boring episode, but a median one where half the shows are more exciting and half the shows are drearier.

by Anonymousreply 213December 29, 2017 3:04 AM

[quote] I was a bit shocked that none of them knew about the lady's not for burning though.

That was the only one I didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 214December 29, 2017 2:25 PM

Last night, the correct answer to a picture of a Le Creuset French Oven was "Dutch Oven." I don't remember the question. I wondered whether Alec would have given him the points if he'd said "French oven."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215December 29, 2017 2:31 PM

Ernest Borgnine would have had it right.

by Anonymousreply 216December 29, 2017 2:45 PM

I thought Le Crueset was the answer itself rather than Dutch Oven.

As a kid in NJ, the local commuter rail stations often had posters for then-current Broadway plays (Rainbow is enuf, etc.); I believe it's in my mind about The Lady's Not for Burning answer was from that?

by Anonymousreply 217December 29, 2017 3:04 PM

Travis prevails. Wonder if he will be more than a one day wonder?

FJ was interesting, I didn't get it until AFTER the music stopped, so I would have LOST.

The word hidden in a word was the worst category of the year....awkward, confusing, and hopefully GONE for good.

by Anonymousreply 218December 29, 2017 7:47 PM

[quote]As a kid in NJ, the local commuter rail stations often had posters for then-current Broadway plays

Your local commuter rail stations were a kid in NJ?

by Anonymousreply 219December 29, 2017 8:04 PM

I love dangling participles - especially in the newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 220December 29, 2017 10:04 PM

Who or what did Travis keep looking at? Each time he answered a question or chose a category, he'd quickly glance to the left (at the audience? the director?).

He's doing it again, albeit a lot less frequently, tonight.

by Anonymousreply 221December 29, 2017 11:34 PM

Ack. I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 222December 29, 2017 11:40 PM

They were incredibly nitpicky in Final Jeopardy. She still wouldn't have won, but they should have accepted the female contestant's answer as valid/correct.

by Anonymousreply 223December 30, 2017 12:01 AM

I was thinking FJ answer could be Who are the Mormons? But did the answer ask for an ORGANIZATION?

I think Travis had some people in the audience. I also think in that general direction, they can look and see what everyone's dollar total is, so they know where they are compared to the other two contestants.

Good game....Harvey seems a bit slow, but maybe he is just methodical. Last champ of 2017!!!

Happy New Year to all fans of JEOPARDY - all of its 199,601 fan.

by Anonymousreply 224December 30, 2017 1:43 AM

Ha ha! I saw what you did there, Art.

Well played!

by Anonymousreply 225December 30, 2017 1:51 AM

R223, I agree. Obviously she knew what the answer was and the other two didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 226December 30, 2017 2:26 AM

I was left wondering whether they would have accepted the Mormons as an answer?

I missed several of the ones that they didn't know, but I did know about the Pompidou Centre, a knave, and the Pinto. Final clicked for me at the last minute.

New champ is okay, but nothing special; the lady was too Valley Girl-ish for me.

by Anonymousreply 227December 30, 2017 3:22 AM

R224, FJ asked for the GROUP.

I thought MORMONS immediately and also wonder if they would have accepted it.

by Anonymousreply 228December 30, 2017 5:56 AM

Thanks, Alex Quebec, I knew someone would appreciate it.

R228 I guess we will never know.

by Anonymousreply 229December 30, 2017 6:37 PM

I pressed ENTER instead SHIFT......above post brought to you by:

by Anonymousreply 230December 30, 2017 6:39 PM

Alex - who knows literally everything - doesn't know who Bob Ross is?!?

by Anonymousreply 231January 1, 2018 11:39 PM

They really screwed Nick over the whole "Gangster's Paradise / Gangsta's Paradise" pronunciation.

by Anonymousreply 232January 1, 2018 11:51 PM

Trebeck needs to turn in his green card or his citizenship immediately for not knowing Bob Ross!!!!!!

How dare he???? Fool.

Maybe he was trying to be pretentious and high-brow??

🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 233January 2, 2018 12:24 AM

I liked Henry. . It's too bad.

Nick is mightily unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 234January 2, 2018 12:28 AM

Really? I think he's adorkable.

Final was fairly obvious. I thought perhaps she was technically wrong on the Will I Am response framing, but guess not. They didn't know about Amritsar? Henry seemed to know a lot of stuff that surprised me when he chimed in.

At first, I thought Alex was kidding not knowing who Bob Ross is!

by Anonymousreply 235January 2, 2018 3:02 AM

I thought the Gangster's vs Gangsta's Paradise ruling was unnecessarily harsh.

BTW here's a pic of Nick outside the context of Jeopardy. Yeah, he's dorky, but so what. (In contrast, tonight there's a contestant who may to more people's liking in terms of attractiveness.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236January 2, 2018 1:15 PM

Oh good, the press picked up on the Gangster vs Gangsta thing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 2, 2018 5:11 PM

That wild-eyed lady contestant in the middle was unbelievably creepy. I'm so glad she won't be back to spook us further.

by Anonymousreply 238January 2, 2018 5:42 PM

I felt she had a definite center-of-attention thing going on.

by Anonymousreply 239January 2, 2018 6:03 PM

Saralee. Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 240January 2, 2018 11:38 PM

Beverly Sills is alive...and the new Jeopardy champion!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241January 2, 2018 11:57 PM

FJ was insanely easy to anyone who’s taken an English lit class.

by Anonymousreply 242January 3, 2018 12:19 AM

Olev es muy guapo! Too bad he was very menso.

She seems knowledgeable.

by Anonymousreply 243January 3, 2018 12:28 AM

Olev seemed to be having trouble with the buzzer....too bad.

SaraLee is a living breathing example of FRAU. I don't mind her winning, but I don't want to watch her for too many days. At least the lady on the plane didn't have a cello as big as SaraLee.

Kinda wanted the old champ to be around a few days....but he thought of FJ too late. If Olev had bet ALL and gotten the answer -- he would have tied. But...well....that's how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 244January 3, 2018 1:54 AM

None of them know "Ray of Light"?

by Anonymousreply 245January 3, 2018 2:00 AM

Olev let us down. He was way to busy checking himself out in the monitor. Today's questions were the easiest questions in a long, long time. WHAT IS BUFFALO!

by Anonymousreply 246January 3, 2018 2:50 AM

I thought final was incredibly easy, so I'm really stunned that they all had such difficulty with it.

When the champ mentioned his former employer, I was left wondering whether he had been fired? I get the feeling that his personal life is anything but vanilla. New champ doesn't know quite a bit, so I wouldn't exactly say it's on her part. But, a little of her does go a long way. Left wondering whether Olev's nickname is Dimples?

None of them knew that Zanzibar is part of Tanzania? I'm such a crack biblical student that I was getting Philistines mixed up with Pharasees!

by Anonymousreply 247January 3, 2018 3:04 AM

"Answer The Homophone" -- and, for god's sake, dial with a pencil?

by Anonymousreply 248January 3, 2018 4:16 AM

Olev is hot. He seemed to have trouble with the buzzer.

by Anonymousreply 249January 3, 2018 10:47 AM

Olev looks like he keeps a clean hole.

by Anonymousreply 250January 3, 2018 10:50 AM

And the former champ didn't know Edith Wharton wasn't British?

by Anonymousreply 251January 3, 2018 1:55 PM

Saralee, oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 252January 3, 2018 11:48 PM

The new champ is cute.

by Anonymousreply 253January 4, 2018 12:31 AM

We go from fat champ to skinny champ.....

Again some tortured categories.....FJ was easy if you thought a bit.....

Guy with Glasses gave it good run for the money......BUT TWO THINGS

New champ said: "...Add salt to the wound..." when it is OBVIOUSLY...."....rubbing salt into a wound...." This they let go? This they say is "okay" or "close enough." Get real judges....get real.

And stringy haired champ bet an 01 amount so we'll get "and one dollar" to open the show tomorrow. I am appalled.

by Anonymousreply 254January 4, 2018 1:44 AM

Final was easy in hindsight, but all I could think of was The Barber of Seville. Not an fan of New Champ, who seems like a parody character to me; loved Alex's query if those in the red ended up paying her dad. Yuppies/Millennials, etc. here in Seattle are avid Sounders fans; soccer is a "thing" as they say.

The decision as to whether or not an answer is close enough to qualify seems to depend on how many drinks the judges have had at that day's lunch almost?

WOF OT: winner was the best looking guy in a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 255January 4, 2018 3:03 AM

I blame Austin for this.

New Champ Sean is probably not much of a conversationalist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256January 5, 2018 2:22 AM

I'm glad the little elf is gone but by god the show is on a streak of boring ass contestants.

by Anonymousreply 257January 5, 2018 2:36 AM

Someone can explain to me why the year 1953 is associated with the term Corvette?

Agreed that the new champ is incredibly boring.

by Anonymousreply 258January 5, 2018 3:00 AM

The new champ looked like he was irritated to have to be there throughout the whole game.

by Anonymousreply 259January 5, 2018 3:03 AM

[quote]Someone can explain to me why the year 1953 is associated with the term Corvette?

1953 was the first year Chevrolet offered the Corvette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 5, 2018 3:08 AM

Did we know about this?

'Jeopardy' on hold while Alex Trebek recovers from brain surgery

BURBANK, Calif. (WLS) -- Tapings of "Jeopardy" have been put on hold while host Alex Trebek recuperates from surgery.

Trebek, 77, underwent surgery in December after he hit his head during a fall, which caused some bleeding outside the brain.

The surgery was successful. Trebek is expected to make a full recovery.

"Jeopardy" tapings are expected to resume in mid-January.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261January 5, 2018 3:26 AM

He just doesn't know when to step aside does he?

by Anonymousreply 262January 5, 2018 3:27 AM

[quote]Someone can explain to me why the year 1953 is associated with the term Corvette?

That's the year it was born.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263January 5, 2018 1:40 PM

Was really surprised when I heard about Alex head injury. Will this affect his hosting? Or finally decides to retire.

by Anonymousreply 264January 5, 2018 2:19 PM

Thanks for clarifying the Corvette question for me, although that fact would not have helped me to get the answer as I know little about classic cars. My wild guess would have been the Dodge Charger.

Would be really interesting if somehow the doctors said that it would be quite a while before Alex comes back, he makes it clear he has no intention of retiring at this time, so they put Jimmy in as an interim host.

by Anonymousreply 265January 5, 2018 5:58 PM

Well at least it isn't Tiffany Vazquez.

by Anonymousreply 266January 5, 2018 7:09 PM

Brandon needs to calm the eff down. I thought he was gonna pass out.

by Anonymousreply 267January 5, 2018 11:57 PM

Another easy FJ question. Really, what else could it have been?

But appalled that nobody knows Flaubert or the Marquis de Sade.

by Anonymousreply 268January 6, 2018 12:05 AM

Is Trebek that fucking insecure that he won't let someone sub for him while he's away? What a goddamn narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 269January 6, 2018 12:19 AM

Thank God Sean is off. He was so annoying.

But Brandon seems like he is going to burst into flames.

by Anonymousreply 270January 6, 2018 12:20 AM

Remember when Matt Lauer was going to be the natural replacement for Alex?

by Anonymousreply 271January 6, 2018 1:18 AM

Where do you get the idea that no one is going to be able to sub for him if he has to be out for a very long time? I think that's up to the producers isn't it?

I was rather horrified at the end when Brandon was in shock that he'd won, instead of congratulationing him, Sean just stood there watching. I'm from Jersey originally, but that guy seemed to have all the personality of a slice of stale pizza. Wasn't wild about the Minnesota lady, but I would easily take her over him.

Though no Jeopardy champion, I didn't know the Marquis De Sade and Flaubert as answers. Rolled my eyes at final being yet another giveaway. Anyone else catch Alex's nasty dig at the writers?

by Anonymousreply 272January 6, 2018 3:05 AM

For someone as smart as Sean, he wrote Marvel for Final Jeopardy? What is teenager about Marvel aside from Spider-Man?

by Anonymousreply 273January 6, 2018 3:13 AM

Sean had a really annoying same robotic driving tone to his voice every time he called out a category. The new winner seems like a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 274January 6, 2018 3:15 AM

I do have to say that I liked it when the elf wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

by Anonymousreply 275January 6, 2018 3:26 AM

Goodbye, Sean.....hello, Brandon. Not a bad game....but he seems like a one day wonder- another one.

Claudia was another Austin wannabe.

FJ was pretty obvious to me....at first I thought Marvel, too, because isn't Captain Marvel was a teen boy Billy Batson who turns into a CM......but that was a LONG time ago....

ANYWAY.....I remembered the ARCHIE COMICS logo on several comic books back when....so that was that!

Get well, Alex!

by Anonymousreply 276January 6, 2018 10:34 PM

R276, that Captain Marvel was a DC character, not a Marvel character. Confusing!

by Anonymousreply 277January 6, 2018 10:37 PM

Marvel has a character named Marvel now, I think.....although yes Captain Marvel was a DC character. Screwy;.

by Anonymousreply 278January 6, 2018 10:43 PM

Wtf is Dave doing with his hand/clicker? It sounds like someone let a woodpecker into the studio.

by Anonymousreply 279January 8, 2018 11:35 PM

R279 — I fucking HATE when they do that furious masturbatory thing with their goddamn clickers! Can't the clickers somehow be locked to the top of the podium? The very sound of it is like an icepick to the brain. (Hmm…maybe that's what actually happened to Alex…)

by Anonymousreply 280January 8, 2018 11:45 PM

That was a good FJ question.

by Anonymousreply 281January 9, 2018 12:17 AM

I loved the middle contestant. She was fun. But I don't mind Brandon.

He was queening out when describing The Color Purple.

by Anonymousreply 282January 9, 2018 12:49 AM

Wow I thought FJ would be an easy one for Grandpa.....but ZONK! Good for Brandon - except for that $1 wager that's going to make me crazy at the start of every game! Yup, settle down, folks, you only have to click it once!

Jamie was pretty annoying. Her miss on that second DJ was shocking.

I liked all the categories tonight - some of the writers are really doing some good work! Alex tried to make the stories interesting, and actually the contestants were less geeky than usual.....raccoons?

Work for it, Brandon! You look good in purple.

by Anonymousreply 283January 9, 2018 2:25 AM

I wanted to kill them for not knowing John Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 284January 9, 2018 11:41 PM

I was more disgusted they didn't know Encyclopedia Brown!

by Anonymousreply 285January 10, 2018 2:59 AM

No shit. How could you not know Encyclopedia Brown?

by Anonymousreply 286January 10, 2018 11:12 AM

[quote] How could you not know Encyclopedia Brown?

Huu?

by Anonymousreply 287January 10, 2018 12:02 PM

Lady Champ......mediocre.....time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 288January 10, 2018 10:29 PM

Oh good lord "Flora Leen!"

by Anonymousreply 289January 10, 2018 11:32 PM

I like her as she reminds me of Elvira princess of the dark. More importantly she knocked off the very annoying Lawn Guyland gal. I got final after the deadline, but before they revealed any of the contestant answers.

by Anonymousreply 290January 11, 2018 2:59 AM

Gilbert was very smart and very methodical in his playing.

I liked how Alex mentioned that the questions seemed to be getting more difficult. That's a bonus. This was kind of a dumb trio - a lot of simple answers went by with no one even ringing in.

by Anonymousreply 291January 11, 2018 3:43 AM

Glad the annoying champ was knocked off. Hated her whining and groaning after her wrong answers.

by Anonymousreply 292January 11, 2018 6:27 AM

Was Flora appearing on Jeopardy or posing for a Glamour Shot session.....

by Anonymousreply 293January 11, 2018 6:24 PM

Well, my big disappointment was that they were unable to recognize Turn of the Screw. I had no idea of Final. The balloon lady seem kind of weird, while the other seemed pleasant enough, if not a little bland. I know of Botswana from reading the Precious Ramoswe mystery series.

A tad sad, ironic I suppose, to have Alex mention stuff on his bucket list. Not too subtle hints that the contestants aren't bright enough on his part.

by Anonymousreply 294January 12, 2018 3:04 AM

LOL Goodbye Gilbert! He gave it a good shot. I usually bet the farm on MOVIES - but that would have been a tragedy for me....had I done so.

Rebecca was a bit backward....and all three DIDN'T know what I thought were some easy answers.

Yes Alex had best get working on his bucket list.

WOF Winner seemed like he was married to his mother......third couple had two GOOD chances and blew them both......

by Anonymousreply 295January 12, 2018 3:11 AM

I had forgotten to mention Wheel of Fortune. The winning husband pinged like hell to me, I mean an art instructor? Like Tim Kaine, he seemed like a very queer-appearing guy married to a woman who was his plain-looking best friend. But, perhaps that was a bit of wishful thinking on my part as well. Sometimes it's difficult to separate out the two.

by Anonymousreply 296January 12, 2018 2:47 PM

Huh the champ is married? To a woman? I thought he has such a typical gay voice. And not so typical gay face.

by Anonymousreply 297January 12, 2018 11:19 PM

I AM SO WRONG......Gilbert is still the champ. I waited too long between the show and posting.....whew!

Chemo Brain is Real.

by Anonymousreply 298January 12, 2018 11:32 PM

The questions, the contestants, and Alex have all been so dull lately. What's going on?

by Anonymousreply 299January 13, 2018 12:04 AM

Everyone keeps getting low scores. The show has been awkward lately.

by Anonymousreply 300January 13, 2018 1:04 AM

Gilbert has two kids, I don't know that that means he is married to a woman?

I knew the answers that they seem to choke on or pass on, which was rather discouraging yet again. The other guy really pinged for me but maybe that was just a Midwestern doofus thing?

Wasn't sure about final as I thought maybe they were looking for Algeria, but settled on Egypt. Interestingly, I had thought that the other top three was South Africa rather than Ethiopia.

by Anonymousreply 301January 13, 2018 3:02 AM

Yeah, the champ just keeps squeeking by.

by Anonymousreply 302January 13, 2018 4:13 AM

More Gilbert to come. And yes, what's with not knowing simple things? It's like the hillbilly woman on WOF who couldn't say "gargantuan' and couldn't figure out another simple puzzle.

FJ was difficult for me, and I guessed Morocco....geography ain't for me.....so I wouldn't have wagered BIG.

Agree with the above poster.....games have been so dull lately! I do not LONG for Austin, but I would like someone with a personality.

by Anonymousreply 303January 13, 2018 3:30 PM

That lady was actually from a Long Island, although there's not a great deal of difference with hillbilly as an image there. Being familiar with the New York City region, as happened to Austin before, I think she was screwed by her accent, when saying the intended puzzle word.

by Anonymousreply 304January 13, 2018 4:30 PM

Ah thanks for the correction R304. I hadn't seen the introductions.....

by Anonymousreply 305January 14, 2018 1:44 AM

Tyler is too young and too gay to know "Interview with the Vampire."

by Anonymousreply 306January 15, 2018 11:50 PM

The contestants are dumber nowadays. How can none of them know Casablanca’s supporting cast? Philistines.

But it was cute seeing the gayling who plays young Sheldon. Perhaps he’ll grow up to act in a revival of The Normal Heart.

by Anonymousreply 307January 16, 2018 12:03 AM

Tyler Tyler Tyler.......he might have been an entertaining champion......but Gilbert is prevailing. I was very pleasantly surprised at all of the answers they got on the scientific stuff....but the general knowledge aptitude was disappointing AGAIN.

The Young Sheldon category was less annoying than it might have been.....but I haven't watched an episode of the show all the way to the end yet.

FJ was pretty obvious....too bad Tyler mixed up his possessive pronouns....

Okay Gilbert! It's not going to take much to knock you off.....but WHEN will it happen?

by Anonymousreply 308January 16, 2018 1:24 AM

The gayling reminded me if the kid from NYC with two moms: Celadon? Tonight's gay boy needs a Pepsi and a round Algonquin table!

Here are the things that stood out for me ... Bahamas known for wool! Mrs. Dalloway as an FTM! No one knew Lord Peter Wimsey? I did not know Casablanca, but film not my strong suit.

Though he is plenty bright, Gilbert's lucking out quite a bit by now. Archie wasn't all that, though he came up with a couple that surprised me. Tyler was almost literally throwing spaghetti to see what would stick. SAD!

I got Final, but not right away.

by Anonymousreply 309January 16, 2018 3:06 AM

That little boy is adorable.

I messed up on the pronoun as well. Thought it was "My"

by Anonymousreply 310January 16, 2018 3:28 AM

Poor Alex didn't realize how free he would actually be this spring. I hope Gilbert grills some low and slow ribs for him.

by Anonymousreply 311January 16, 2018 11:41 PM

I thought Alex was off having his brain fixed and we would have reruns. What happened with that?

by Anonymousreply 312January 16, 2018 11:54 PM

R312 They tape months ahead of time

by Anonymousreply 313January 16, 2018 11:56 PM

How the hell is "ringworm" the same thing as "athlete's foot?" Can someone explain that one to me?

by Anonymousreply 314January 16, 2018 11:57 PM

Too many James Bond clues on Jeopardy. They should hire some new writers.

by Anonymousreply 315January 17, 2018 12:08 AM

This explains it, R314. Apparently athlete’s foot is a type of ringworm. It didn’t make sense to me either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 17, 2018 1:50 AM

Who the heck says clap-board? It's spoken clabbard! These judges really need to get with the spoken vs written angle sometimes.

Wasn't really wild about David, but am I still getting a bit tired of Gilbert. How was the limerick as I muted it? Olivia was OK, but not the jacket.

WOF OT: Arab-American guy playing cute about gender of his spouse.

by Anonymousreply 317January 17, 2018 3:08 AM

The limerick was dumb. Alex seemed embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 318January 17, 2018 1:47 PM

It didn't sound like Olivia put the possessive "s" sound on two of her answers, and she skated on by. '

Limerick guy seemed kind of angry through most of the game. I liked the categories.....so nice to have Potpourri back....or was that Monday?

Come on - someone knock Gilbert off! Please!

by Anonymousreply 319January 17, 2018 5:38 PM

r315, I never miss Jeopardy, but I don't think the answers are at all James Bond-heavy. A lot of Canada, of course, Tennessee Williams, and of course Shakespeare. Too much Oscars - that's the only reason I pay attention to them.

by Anonymousreply 320January 17, 2018 5:51 PM

R320, I suppose different viewers have different perceptions about the kinds of answers that are used frequently. In addition to Canada and Shakespeare (I’ve never really noticed much Tennessee Williams), there’s definitely an overabundance of Harry Potter. And lots of Rachel Carson references.

by Anonymousreply 321January 17, 2018 5:59 PM

Canada I could see as there seems to be a fairly substantial Canadian viewership. The downside is that it gets Alex all mugging for the camera over his dual-national status

by Anonymousreply 322January 17, 2018 9:50 PM

LEE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 323January 17, 2018 11:58 PM

I'd answer "Tim Hortons" on just about every Canada question. You'd get at least 50% right.

by Anonymousreply 324January 18, 2018 12:14 AM

Canadian here. Our beloved coffee shop started by a former Toronto Maple Leaf, Tim Horton, became a national chain known by the name Tim Horton's. Notice the possessive. First "store" was on Ottawa Street in Hamilton; forget what year but it was mid-60's.

So, when the girl in the middle replied to the clue, which happened to be in some "Getting Possessive" category, she said: "Who is Tim Horton?". I was sure she would be deemed incorrect by this season's picky judges. Even figured when Alex made the correction before Final that they would penalize her, but I was wrong.

Judging panel, and Alex, are not being consistent these days.

by Anonymousreply 325January 18, 2018 1:15 AM

To the Tim Hortons Botto'm. They haven't had the apostrophe in decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 18, 2018 1:21 AM

Lee really knows his stuff! Was dreading the lady.

by Anonymousreply 327January 18, 2018 7:24 AM

Wasn't real fond of smirky Ryan, admired Granny the Quilter. Got final.

WOF OT: Gay guy had YUGE hands!

by Anonymousreply 328January 19, 2018 12:40 AM

Movie Spoilers was kind of an asshole category.

by Anonymousreply 329January 19, 2018 12:49 AM

Yes, it was, R329.

The winner needs to remove the stick up his ass. Dude needs to crack a smile.

I liked the quilter. She actually did better than I thought she would.

by Anonymousreply 330January 19, 2018 4:32 AM

I didn't think the winner had an issue with smiling as much as the middle guy.

Re the quilter - my first thought was "lesbian with cane"

by Anonymousreply 331January 19, 2018 3:12 PM

What do you do with dozens (or was it hundreds?) of quilts in your house?

Share the wealth, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 332January 19, 2018 4:31 PM

Lee is picking them off......I thought it was pretty even until a few clues into DJ.... Quilter lady was a bit hard to understand.

Let's see how Lee does tonight. I also got FJ yesterday!

It's kind of creepy watching Alex knowing what's coming for him.....not joyous like watching the Beautiful Georgina Chapman on Pwoject Wunway All Stars and knowing her cardboard world will soon be in the crapper.

by Anonymousreply 333January 19, 2018 10:45 PM

Rachel was DETERMINED to win! And she did! It was a good game. More WEIRD categories.....if it takes a LONG time to explain it, it's probably not worth it!

by Anonymousreply 334January 20, 2018 1:49 PM

I groaned at people from Albany as Albanians.

by Anonymousreply 335January 20, 2018 1:50 PM

And of course FJ is all about Canada.

by Anonymousreply 336January 20, 2018 2:12 PM

If you look at Lee's eyes during the opening segment/introductions from yesterday's show, I'm pretty sure he's blinking out an SOS.

by Anonymousreply 337January 20, 2018 2:30 PM

Darn, I was rooting for Gerard and Adrienne.

by Anonymousreply 338January 23, 2018 12:35 AM

Mrs. Patrick Campbell!!!

by Anonymousreply 339January 23, 2018 12:43 AM

I will tell you how exciting the game was: I fell asleep after the first round and woke up for Final Jeopardy.

Let's get some excitement in the game, folks!

by Anonymousreply 340January 23, 2018 1:21 AM

Kind of a weird show in that the challenger lady seemed to get more answers, but wasn't making the money. Champ seemed a bit ... dowdy, but I guess no Dior up in the fire tower. Poor guy seemed to have an obvious neurological issue, doomed from the start to me. Final yet ANOTHER give away!

by Anonymousreply 341January 23, 2018 1:21 AM

Alex (no not that Alex) is a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 342January 23, 2018 11:11 PM

Contestant Alex was indeed a cutie R342! Looked like a nice bod under the shirt, and tall (and one hopes proportional!). He’s from Jersey City - anyone know anything about him?

by Anonymousreply 343January 23, 2018 11:31 PM

Alex—yum! No clue about FJ.

by Anonymousreply 344January 23, 2018 11:57 PM

Can't stand this meek, mousy champion. Next!

by Anonymousreply 345January 23, 2018 11:58 PM

The two competitors were both likable. Alex was hot. The champ has no personality.

I was hoping the Sound of Music sing-along story would have led to something a little more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 346January 24, 2018 12:00 AM

Contestant Alex was one, big man. Sorry to see him go.

The champ looks and acts like an early adolescent girl. And she’s a fire tower lookout? Must spend a lot of time alone.

by Anonymousreply 347January 24, 2018 12:06 AM

Rachel looks like a bag lady!

Alex was cruising along nicely in the first round, and then he hit the wall. Agreed that he was very nice to look at. ALL of the stories were lame. Alex T. had to struggle to make anything of them. Some obvious editing in at least two of them.....

I wonder what else Alex and his bros did at that Air BNB?

Final was pretty obvious from the title of the magazine and story....but it took me too long to remember the first name.....I could think of Milo but not Mycroft.

by Anonymousreply 348January 24, 2018 12:20 AM

I groaned that final was yet another giveaway, but realize that not necessarily so for everyone.

Tired of the champ already, time for her to go. Unfortunately, there haven't really been challengers worthy of knocking her off. That includes Alex, who turned out to be a dud in the end. He was pleasant looking, and I guess well built, but just not really my type. Sadly, there were enough instances where I knew the answers they didn't to be annoying.

I assumed the challenger lady was wearing a turkey leftover from a Halloween pageant? Either people explain their strange pins and brooches or leave them at home.

by Anonymousreply 349January 24, 2018 12:48 AM

Alex knew a lot about peppers, but that's about all.

by Anonymousreply 350January 24, 2018 2:18 AM

I missed the last half of the show--did they change the verdict and give her credit for Ski-mobile or not? Ski-Mobile was a brand of snowmobile, so if they gave the other player credit for Skido, Ski-Mobile should have been accepted.

by Anonymousreply 351January 24, 2018 2:23 AM

Alex should have been instructed not to keep saying, "Can I have...." when selecting his question. YES, you can have it, stupid! "Peppers for $200!"

by Anonymousreply 352January 24, 2018 2:40 AM

Am I the only one that likes the fire tower champ? I think she's cute, and I get the sense that she's a little surprised by her own success.

by Anonymousreply 353January 24, 2018 3:45 AM

Yes, they reconsidered her Skimobile response.

She's likeable, just tedious after a while to me.

by Anonymousreply 354January 24, 2018 12:15 PM

apparently Alex (the contestant) likes the beach & volleyball. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 24, 2018 2:43 PM

I like the champ. Good to have a fire lookout instead of a NYC or LA lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 356January 24, 2018 4:53 PM

I love Del the cute SF Data scientist who sucks at running. He's adorable.

by Anonymousreply 357January 24, 2018 11:39 PM

Truly adorable, but Del doesn’t know his ballet.

by Anonymousreply 358January 24, 2018 11:42 PM

Loved Del (and couldn't find him on social media)!

by Anonymousreply 359January 24, 2018 11:50 PM

Del is a sweetheart. What a shame that he didn't win.

by Anonymousreply 360January 24, 2018 11:59 PM

The champ looks like a really dowdy Tina Fey.

by Anonymousreply 361January 25, 2018 12:13 AM

Del seemed cool. Boston College guy.

by Anonymousreply 362January 25, 2018 1:21 AM

Boy, the lisps on those two guys - not that there's anything wrong with that.

And yes Del was cute.

by Anonymousreply 363January 25, 2018 1:22 AM

Del had no lisp.

by Anonymousreply 364January 25, 2018 1:56 AM

R364. He sure as hell did--future Emory!

by Anonymousreply 365January 25, 2018 2:09 AM

Rachel's hair looked more gray tonight.....lots of unanswered questions. They didn't even finish the second board.

For a moment I thought the man in the middle was going to win....but no, another shipwreck.

Rachel is a good champion. AND she is smart! Keeping getting that money! I wouldn't mind seeing her for a few more days. Publisher's! HA!

Maybe the guy on the end - can fill in for Alex during his hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 366January 25, 2018 2:24 AM

Del is straight. And no lisp.

by Anonymousreply 367January 25, 2018 2:32 AM

[quote] Maybe the guy on the end - can fill in for Alex during his hiatus.

Alex is already back, taping new episodes. I believe they were far enough ahead of the taping schedule that there was no need for a replacement.

When it comes time to find a replacement, I wonder if Ken Jennings is on the list of possible hosts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368January 25, 2018 2:41 AM

R367, why do you say he's straight? He knows Shawn Mendes and Kelly Clarkson, for Pete's sake.

by Anonymousreply 369January 25, 2018 2:51 AM

R369 most straight guys know Kelly Clarkson. He just didn’t give off any vibe to think he was gay. Unless you think Iiving in SF means a man is gay.

by Anonymousreply 370January 25, 2018 3:06 AM

You seem odd, r370, and pull random sentences together to try and form arguments. Oh well, to each their own.

by Anonymousreply 371January 25, 2018 4:17 AM

Del struck me as a bit lispy. Pastor was kinda sad.

I was sad that they had no idea of Muhammad, but Heidi Klum, sure.

by Anonymousreply 372January 25, 2018 4:59 AM

I still like the champ. It's so refreshing to have a fire lookout instead of a N Y or LA lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 373January 25, 2018 3:24 PM

I hate the champ. She reminds me of Zooey Deschanel with less looks and less charisma. I wish Del were still on, sigh.

by Anonymousreply 374January 25, 2018 4:30 PM

Del was gay and adorable. I’d like to taste him.

by Anonymousreply 375January 25, 2018 11:51 PM

Nobody knew Jane Jacobs last week, and nobody knew Marilyn Horne??

by Anonymousreply 376January 25, 2018 11:53 PM

Was I the only one who thought "Van Gogh" was obvious for FJ? Surprised no one got it.

by Anonymousreply 377January 25, 2018 11:58 PM

R377, I thought it was obvious too, but I’ve also read the letters from Vincent to his brother.

by Anonymousreply 378January 26, 2018 12:11 AM

Creaming in my pants for newlywed contestant #3. Hoping he'd win, but he was obviously pissed that he lost.

by Anonymousreply 379January 26, 2018 12:19 AM

The cute dumbass on the end really did look like he wanted to cry when he lost.

by Anonymousreply 380January 26, 2018 12:38 AM

Yes, Jeff obviously still had coitus on the brain. At least his guesses sort of made sense. Rosie was very confident - with reason.

Rachel looked nice tonight - but I haven't liked ANY of her stories! She sounds so boring.

And yes, FJ seemed obvious to me as well. Another night of Rachel....she's smart. But so many clues once again left on the board or not even guessed at!

I like that the secrecy panels come up automatically now, and that the contestants stay behind the podiums until the end of the show. Although we can't tell how TALL anybody really is.

by Anonymousreply 381January 26, 2018 12:39 AM

I thought Jeff was attractive but he came off a bit sour and unlikable, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 382January 26, 2018 12:44 AM

I don't mind the current champ. I didn't mind the other female contestant either. That's pretty rare. Usually the female contestants are off the frau chart and irritate me.

by Anonymousreply 383January 26, 2018 12:47 AM

I like the champ as well, she looks a nice harmless soft-spoken librarian.

by Anonymousreply 384January 26, 2018 12:54 AM

R371 I’m odd because I don’t think a guy is gay. Wow gurl. He’s not gay.

by Anonymousreply 385January 26, 2018 1:02 AM

r381, I think a fire lookout's job would be very boring, but I like her. But I thought the final was easy, but nobody got it. Movies _ Robert Altman must be rolling over in his grave.

by Anonymousreply 386January 26, 2018 2:12 AM

Once again, I knew just about all of the answers that none of them got, including final. I had happened to call my mom after she saw the show on the East Coast, but before I saw it, and she had warned me that final was yet another giveaway as far as she was concerned. The fact that none of them got it was really, really bad.

R376 - I don't think Marilyn Horne is exactly a household name, but I know who she is, so got the clue immediately myself.

The guy was good-looking, but not anything to get all excited about. I was wondering what kind of literary agent exactly Rosie worked as. The champ looked very different in her long sleeve top rather than one of those frocks she normally wears. She looked a bit T to me at first.

by Anonymousreply 387January 26, 2018 3:04 AM

The current champ is growing on me She reminds me of Bailey Quarters on WKRP in Cincinnati.

by Anonymousreply 388January 26, 2018 3:13 AM

The champ is smart but different. I wonder if she's somewhere on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 389January 26, 2018 3:14 AM

Still like fire-watcher. Something about her demeanor - so unassuming. Have to wonder if she's starting to position for a ToC appearance, nearing the six figure mark in winnings.

Had no clue on vanGogh for FJ. Always baffles me when posters come on here talking about how easy (or hard) FJ might be. If you know the answer, it's easy, if you don't, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 390January 26, 2018 8:11 AM

Agree, r390. Had the category been 19th century artists, I might have had a chance. But just "Europeans'? No way.

by Anonymousreply 391January 26, 2018 2:26 PM

My mind went to authors and when that came up blank I shifted to royals/politicians. If it had said that his brother's name was Theo or give any sort of contextual hint I think I might have gotten it, but as it was written I didn't have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 392January 26, 2018 2:57 PM

I was able to guess final Jeopardy, but only because I'm a big Van Gogh fan and have been seeing a lot of stuff about him lately. The category name was too broad for most people. Like someone mentioned above, if it said 19th Century Artists or even 19th Century in France it might have narrowed the choices down a bit.

by Anonymousreply 393January 26, 2018 3:46 PM

Were there that many famous insane19th century Europeans to choose from? However, you guys regularly claim performing arts stuff as "(blindingly) obvious" when I don't know award winners, etc. I read a lot, but that doesn't help much with science or sports questions, let alone music and TV shows much past 2000.

by Anonymousreply 394January 26, 2018 4:09 PM

Much of what we know about Vincent VG comes from the letters that he wrote to his brother Theo. Theo provided emotional and financial support to his brother. This is a well known "fun fact" in modern art history, and there was a movie about the two brothers. I was quite surprised that no one got this FJ.

by Anonymousreply 395January 26, 2018 4:22 PM

Few insane 19th century Europeans? Oh come now.

by Anonymousreply 396January 26, 2018 10:32 PM

I guessed Princess Diana.

by Anonymousreply 397January 26, 2018 10:39 PM

New Champ! She's okay. Tonight was the closest game they've had awhile. I like the new champ....is it Jennifer? Anyway she fought hard for it. The gal on the end seemed pleasant enough and plowed right on.

Champ was a good loser - back to the tower with her! Happy to see that she won a goodly amount in her five day run.

Oh no....another champ with a ONE DOLLAR total......

FJ was a no go for me.....so I just guessed Mary Poppins.....Pippi? Whew....NOW I know!

by Anonymousreply 398January 27, 2018 2:21 AM

I had no clue about final, whatsoever. However, I was pleased to see the level of activity among the three of them was fairly equal, with fewer no-guess questions. Was rooting for the heavy lady at the end, as I wasn't too pleased about the new champ's interest in kicking crotches.

by Anonymousreply 399January 27, 2018 2:59 AM

I knew FJ!!

Can't remember if I read books or remember it from the few dubbed movies I saw on tv long ago.

by Anonymousreply 400January 27, 2018 3:28 AM

Good lord were the contestants awful tonight!

by Anonymousreply 401January 29, 2018 11:49 PM

Also - that was quite kind of Alex, but I'm pretty sure Marie lived through the 60's.

by Anonymousreply 402January 29, 2018 11:58 PM

Marie lived through the 1860s.

by Anonymousreply 403January 30, 2018 12:18 AM

The clues were awful tonight.

by Anonymousreply 404January 30, 2018 12:28 AM

Pretty horrid start overall but the nerd pulled it off in the end.

I just thought about the flag. Didn't even think about a draft card.

Too young, I guess 😜😜

by Anonymousreply 405January 30, 2018 1:34 AM

Train wreck! Couldn't look away. I was afraid Marie would win, and that we would have to hear her voice again tomorrow. I would hate to be stuck in a classroom with her.

Banker on a roll......talk about the comeback kid. He made some really dumb guesses, but he finally redeemed himself.

FJ was easy for those of us of a certain age. I still have mine in an envelope with my original social security card Number 000-00-0001.

by Anonymousreply 406January 30, 2018 1:37 AM

Banker was adorkable.

by Anonymousreply 407January 30, 2018 1:56 AM

He is indeed adorkable, but my problem is that he looked a bit too much like a lesbian.

Overall, a SAD! episode I'm afraid. Clues were okay, it was the answers that sucked.

Marie was tolerable; outgoing champ too Jersey for me I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 408January 30, 2018 3:03 AM

Wonder what he's going to do with a degree from Iceland U on what . . . Norse mythology?

by Anonymousreply 409January 30, 2018 2:06 PM

I like Ryan. Like Icarus, he personifies the reckless abandon of youth. Fly on, dude !

by Anonymousreply 410January 31, 2018 12:00 AM

I like Ryan too. Smart plus cute.

by Anonymousreply 411January 31, 2018 12:20 AM

All I could think of was Leviathan. Not fond of the middle chick, but the one at the end had it going on.

Was that the same tie two days in a row?

by Anonymousreply 412January 31, 2018 5:00 AM

Ryan was flying through those clues. He's a good player although both the gals had their moments, too. I always think I should write down the names....then I don't....and I don't remember. I liked the stories....especially the speeding ticket.

FJ was great.....all I could think of was Icarus, too - and that didn't seem right....because it wasn't!

It may have been the same tie. Hoping for another good game tonight with some good opponents!

by Anonymousreply 413January 31, 2018 12:55 PM

Ha! The only FJ response I could come up with was Birdy by William Wharton! Should have thought of Joyce, since he's one of a handful of 20th century writers the Jeopardy writers seem to know.

by Anonymousreply 414January 31, 2018 2:30 PM

OMG, Ryan and his female doppelganger are bookends!

by Anonymousreply 415January 31, 2018 11:42 PM

Holy FUCK Ryan brought it at the end of that double jeopardy round!

by Anonymousreply 416January 31, 2018 11:53 PM

Ryan looks like the double of the great mid-century character actress Nancy Kulp (definitely a lesbian).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417February 1, 2018 12:38 AM

I mentioned after the first night that I was disconcerted by how much he seems like a lesbian. Quite a comeback of his. Impressive that the pilot knew Fire Island so quickly. Disappointing that no one got The Little Foxes.

Cost of living in Iceland high enough it'll dent his loot.

by Anonymousreply 418February 1, 2018 3:01 AM

The champ comes across as way too arrogant for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 419February 1, 2018 5:52 AM

Yeah, I'm over the champ. I miss the bland, boring fire watcher.

I miss Nan Bauer, too!

by Anonymousreply 420February 1, 2018 6:21 AM

One of the new contestants tonight (Justin Earnshaw) seems pleasant enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421February 1, 2018 2:12 PM

My god! I thought Nancy Kulp, too.

I have to say I like him. He's smart, pleasant, and knows his mythology!

The guy in the center looked like he was hit by a brick when Ryan vaulted past him. (But if he couldn't guess Ore-Ida, he deserved to lose.)

by Anonymousreply 422February 1, 2018 2:23 PM

I guessed Norman Mailer for FJ. I’m glad Ryan keeps winning.

by Anonymousreply 423February 2, 2018 12:03 AM

Let's cut to the chase, people: a phag, a chick, and a metrosexual totally blowing the entire football category was one of the funniest segments I've ever seen!

Had no idea of Final.

by Anonymousreply 424February 2, 2018 3:00 AM

I fucking LOVED that not one contestant rang in on the Football category. I knew none of the Football questions either.

by Anonymousreply 425February 2, 2018 3:01 AM

I could’ve cleaned up on the football category. Yeah, I’m a tough guy gay. On another note, I’ve been calling Ryan Rachel. The Nancy Kulp comparison is very perceptive but I’m thinking of Rachel Maddow as a contemporary lesbian for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 426February 2, 2018 3:13 AM

I knew the entire football category as well, and thought as long as you had a basic knowledge of the game you should get most of those questions.

by Anonymousreply 427February 2, 2018 3:47 AM

I knew the football category as well.

I vasilated on last nights FJ it was either Harry and David or the ore ida potatoes.

Had no idea about tonight’s FJ

by Anonymousreply 428February 2, 2018 4:04 AM

I guessed Kerouac because it is yet another of the writers' fave authors. Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Joyce, etc. They keep coming up all the time.

by Anonymousreply 429February 2, 2018 2:20 PM

Ha! Trebeck’s horrible (though warranted) condescension Of the contestants is all over the media!!

Hehe.

by Anonymousreply 430February 2, 2018 5:49 PM

HA! I have never seen a whole category go by with no GUESSES!

Ryan brought it at the end.

Can he be stopped?

by Anonymousreply 431February 2, 2018 9:59 PM

It seems like they've had to adjust the scores a lot lately when they reconsider some of the answers. It throws off the whole game! If a question can have multiple correct answers, it's a bad question for this format. The contestants might have chosen other categories and may have lost the potential to find a daily double. Make a decision on the answer and that's it!

by Anonymousreply 432February 2, 2018 10:16 PM

Hmm, Ryan is now a 4 day-champ. Would he succumbed to the pressure of winning 5?

Very likely as I actually think he just got lucky with his last 2 wins . I could easily see him falling short of making it to 5.

by Anonymousreply 433February 2, 2018 10:24 PM

The video from last night’s football category has gone viral. They were talking about it this morning on CBS This Morning.

by Anonymousreply 434February 2, 2018 10:43 PM

"4 Top Men" is the best category ever.

by Anonymousreply 435February 2, 2018 11:46 PM

Only one theater queen today. Farewell, Ryan!

by Anonymousreply 436February 3, 2018 12:30 AM

I grew to like Ryan a lot, but it looks as though we're not going to be seeing him again. New champ isn't bad, even though she tends to sort of laugh nervously a lot. Didn't care for the other lady as she had a little girl voice.

by Anonymousreply 437February 3, 2018 4:02 AM

Goodbye, Jane Hathaway! Enjoy your trip to Iceland to study the Vikings! You gave it a good run.

Friday's game was better - not great....but better. Another pretty easy FJ.

Hopefully we will now move on the great Jeopardy heights!

by Anonymousreply 438February 4, 2018 1:59 AM

I guessed Tim Hortons.

by Anonymousreply 439February 4, 2018 2:05 AM

Ryan seemed like a gracious loser. Still like him!

by Anonymousreply 440February 4, 2018 3:01 PM

New guy has gay voice; had no idea of Final.

by Anonymousreply 441February 6, 2018 3:17 AM

Since they said cable channel, I thought they meant something like TBS or WGN, those Superstations.....I would have considered Weather Channel to be a network....but I would have been wrong.

One day champ folded pretty early.....and scarf lady was out classed. SEAN THE MAN was on fire! I like how he put his free hand up on the podium. He seems short...but with the new final shot, we'll never know.

Hopefully he will stick around awhile. The biography reading category was a bust....but at least they cleared both boards!

I hope the entire week is as exciting....and that Sean gets a real competitor tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 442February 6, 2018 3:50 AM

Yeah, Sean seems like he might be around for a while. Seems to know a lot and competes very seriously.

by Anonymousreply 443February 6, 2018 11:22 PM

The dick test!

by Anonymousreply 444February 7, 2018 12:05 AM

The champ looked excited and proud to say "What is... Dreamgirls?"

by Anonymousreply 445February 7, 2018 12:20 AM

Yeah, the Dreamgirls question answered all my questions about the champ.

by Anonymousreply 446February 7, 2018 12:26 AM

Sean certainly knows how to enunciate. He does so painstakingly even when choosing a category.

by Anonymousreply 447February 7, 2018 1:27 AM

Really, Jeopardy??? You expect us to know Socrates and Plato??

Really??

Now, Dspacito, I knew 😛😛😛

by Anonymousreply 448February 7, 2018 2:03 AM

I confess that I snickered like a teenager when they mentioned the dick test. I got the distinct impression that Quin was quite the mama's boy. Too bad for the water sommelier I guess. Champ really suits up a dream! I could see where his enunciation would annoy folks. He has a rather pronounced NJ accent.

Had no idea of final, then again taking a philosophy course in school would have been my idea of living hell.

by Anonymousreply 449February 7, 2018 3:03 AM

Quin is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 450February 7, 2018 3:39 AM

[quote]Sean certainly knows how to enunciate. He does so painstakingly even when choosing a category.

He delivers every answer as though he's a TV reporter wrapping up a live hit somewhere. And he raises, then drops, his chin as he gives his enunciated answers, as if to punctuate them further. Every... (raising chin) SINGLE... (dropping chin) time.

by Anonymousreply 451February 7, 2018 11:35 AM

Yes, Champ gets an A for Elocution. But an F in Classical Greek Literature.

by Anonymousreply 452February 7, 2018 3:59 PM

What was that category he couldn't pronounce on his first day.....Actualiarial.....or something like that......and yes I laughed at Dick Test as well....

Quin? QUIN? Where is the other "n"? Or is it a double "n" for girls.....

by Anonymousreply 453February 7, 2018 9:39 PM

I like the champ .He's a cutie. Wish he'll last long.

by Anonymousreply 454February 7, 2018 11:10 PM

John is soooo hot. I’m in love.

by Anonymousreply 455February 7, 2018 11:11 PM

John is fuckable AF.

by Anonymousreply 456February 7, 2018 11:21 PM

John looks so much like Conrad Ricamora.

by Anonymousreply 457February 7, 2018 11:32 PM

Could it be all three contestants tonight are homosexualists? Marcy’s more butch than the two guys combined.

by Anonymousreply 458February 7, 2018 11:36 PM

Strange. Every time John raised a fist in celebration, I heard a snap.

by Anonymousreply 459February 7, 2018 11:59 PM

I think John is kind of a spoiled brat Ken doll to me, working in that mention of Yale and bumming around expensive countries. Sean looked totally adorkable in that sweater. The lady reminded me of someone I know, although not quite that much of a butch behemoth. I was left thinking that they made allowances for Sean's speech impediment that they wouldn't have made for anyone else?

Final was easy for me, but I lived in New York City for a while.

AF: Quin [sic] also spelled Llewellyn oddly. Combined, they almost seemed like a dyslexic experience.

by Anonymousreply 460February 8, 2018 3:02 AM

And a come-from-behind win again!!

Wow!

by Anonymousreply 461February 8, 2018 4:30 AM

I'm glad Large Marge went peacefully. She looked so angry during the show I thought she might tear up the set if she lost. Maybe they had one of her legs chained.

by Anonymousreply 462February 8, 2018 11:08 AM

r462 Hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 463February 8, 2018 12:32 PM

Thought they let Sean get away with murder on his mispronunciations. Good thing he lost.

by Anonymousreply 464February 8, 2018 5:13 PM

John is the first Yale graduate I have ever heard pronounce the word Hundred with a "t" sound at the end..... "Cabbages for twelve hundret, Alex."

I will miss Sean, but I welcome John with huzzahs.

by Anonymousreply 465February 8, 2018 6:32 PM

Marty reminds me of Louis CK with a hint of Salman Rushdie while Alex reminds me of Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 466February 8, 2018 11:12 PM

John is a cutie. His name is Italian but his face looks vaguely Asian. He seems a lot less nervous today.

by Anonymousreply 467February 8, 2018 11:41 PM

Alex is a tall, hung young drink of water.

by Anonymousreply 468February 8, 2018 11:57 PM

Bummer... the un-cute older guy won over the twinks.

by Anonymousreply 469February 8, 2018 11:59 PM

I missed the refence to "dick test" a couple of days ago... can someone recap?

by Anonymousreply 470February 9, 2018 2:03 AM

[quote]Thought they let Sean get away with murder on his mispronunciations.

"Veder-tenarian"? I'll take "WTF" for 1200, Alex.

Nobody knew Harold Arlen?

by Anonymousreply 471February 9, 2018 2:20 AM

I had never heard of the dick test. I believe they asked what it screened for?

Alex grew on me during the show, as much as I came to loathe John more. Rich guy arbitraging thrift store buys online - ugh! He looks more Hispanic to me than Asian. Shallow, I know, but I hope Marty wins enough to have his nose fixed.

Pliny was quite the guess! Got Final after remembering CDC is in Atlanta, so not Johns Hopkins.

Although he didn't go to Yale, Austin also said hundret.

by Anonymousreply 472February 9, 2018 3:13 AM

I was pro-John until he told the story yesterday about buying clothes at a thrift shop, then selling them for more than he paid for on eBay.

Millennial douche.

by Anonymousreply 473February 9, 2018 12:02 PM

I love Alex almost as much as Tom the Bartender.

by Anonymousreply 474February 9, 2018 1:12 PM

And then just like that - John was gone. Marty is a cipher who could also be a one day champ. We shall see..... John was good with the handshakes all around when he lost.

Yes, knowing the CDC was in Atlanta helped me with FJ as well...... My local channel cut out WOF, put Jeopardy in the 7 p.m. spot and had some of their own news folks do an Olympic "special".....and they promise us another one next week....

by Anonymousreply 475February 9, 2018 2:40 PM

Good FJ question.

by Anonymousreply 476February 10, 2018 12:31 AM

No one-day wonder at all! One of the more impressive runaway days. A while ago, there was a game where the lady physician knew none of the medical questions. I was reminded of that when Carlos did very poorly with the legal ones tonight.

Had no idea of Final.

by Anonymousreply 477February 10, 2018 3:09 AM

They need a new contestant coordinator. The current one is finding nothing but duds.

by Anonymousreply 478February 10, 2018 3:12 AM

For some reason I thought of Emory Univ. right away on last nights FJ.

I knew it was in Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 479February 10, 2018 3:20 AM

R478 - you didn't like Sean?

by Anonymousreply 480February 10, 2018 3:30 AM

Champ repeats......he says bring them on!

by Anonymousreply 481February 11, 2018 7:04 PM

Guessed Studebaker for Final. Couldn't stand the lady, but Dom was pretty good and hoped he would win. Not that I have anything against the current champ, although I don't think he looks very much like Dr. Phil.

by Anonymousreply 482February 13, 2018 2:58 AM

The non champ guy was kind of cute. I still wouldn't go home with him though. He looks like the type to slip you a roofie and fist you while you were out.

by Anonymousreply 483February 13, 2018 3:04 AM

I knew FJ again today!

The guy got lucky. It was very even at the end.

by Anonymousreply 484February 13, 2018 3:44 AM

R483, Something wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 485February 13, 2018 4:25 AM

The large growth on the champ’s nose is disgusting and hard to look at.

And he’s a “voice artist”? What the fuck is that? Someone who auditions for voiceover work? There’s nothing distinctive about his voice anyway.

by Anonymousreply 486February 13, 2018 5:48 AM

Someone tell Frank to stop auditioning.

by Anonymousreply 487February 13, 2018 11:20 PM

I think the defect on Marty's (champ) nose is maybe the result of a skin cancer excision. I've seen a few of these on people. He might have had a lousy surgeon or an especially large growth. I find his personality unappealing, but he is quick on the buzzer (esp for someone who looks to be pushing 60) and has broad knowledge. I think he's been lucky with his questions--Edsel is something that would be better known by an older person for example.

by Anonymousreply 488February 13, 2018 11:29 PM

Not Jay Leno's fucking cars again. AAAACHHHHH

by Anonymousreply 489February 13, 2018 11:38 PM

No - no - say it isn't so!

Frank is Austin 2.0........

Easy FJ - or maybe just because I'm old.

by Anonymousreply 490February 13, 2018 11:57 PM

A voice artist? I fart a better Donald Duck.

by Anonymousreply 491February 14, 2018 12:01 AM

I instantly thought Beverly Hillbillies too for FJ. Brady Bunch??? Lol

by Anonymousreply 492February 14, 2018 2:20 AM

I couldn't think of a think for FJ. No clue.

by Anonymousreply 493February 14, 2018 2:21 AM

I hate Frank so much, after less than half an hour. But then isn’t everyone named Frank an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 494February 14, 2018 2:39 AM

I kind of like Frank, then again I like Austin. Note the wedding ring. The Brady Bunch was a pretty funny response, although I suppose being younger she winged it as best she could. I hated the Jay Leno category, so it was a real struggle that they insisted on going through it first at the beginning of the show like that.

Ask for Donald Duck, at least they didn't have the lady sing. When Alex mentioned his cold yesterday I thought he was actually going to reference his recent health problem.

by Anonymousreply 495February 14, 2018 3:02 AM

Frank is SO fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 496February 14, 2018 6:13 AM

Seriously, the Macarena?

Rob was adorable when he actually started doing... the Macarena.

Frank is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 497February 14, 2018 11:59 PM

Good riddance, Frank. I hate that Jeopardy contestants now feel like they have to be personalities.

by Anonymousreply 498February 15, 2018 12:39 AM

It's only fun when the personality isn't intentional. Like the bartender.

by Anonymousreply 499February 15, 2018 12:47 AM

I really liked Frank a lot, but I could see where some people might find him just a little bit annoying. New champ pings to me, so perhaps it's his husband's mother that he plays tennis with every morning? He's well built.

I was really surprised that none of them recognized Salman Rushdie? Also, that the chick didn't know Janus. I didn't know the Final Jeopardy answer, but eventually correctly guessed.

by Anonymousreply 500February 15, 2018 3:01 AM

So annoying Frank the comic turned out to be kind of a dumb bell....but he never gave up his schtick!

Rob the Latin dancer has potential. We shall see.

FJ was one that made you think..... Frank was devastated whenever someone else got a Double Jeopardy clue - he was obviously thinking of doing an Austin and building up a big lead by wagering. Hey, Frank, you have to know the answer in order to get the money. I have to give it to Austin that he usually had the right response.

by Anonymousreply 501February 15, 2018 4:15 PM

Well that was interesting.....I thought Shawn might walk away with it....but ROB came through with a strategic wager!

Can he 3-peat?

by Anonymousreply 502February 16, 2018 2:01 AM

So, the dumbass lazy doctor wants to become a Canadian citizen without actually having to live and work there? I kind of liked the big galoot hippie. Champ continues to ping for me with his interest in show tunes.

I did guess shogun as well for the final question. Aren't we due to have the kids or something show up soon?

by Anonymousreply 503February 16, 2018 3:06 AM

Rob (who's starting to grow on me) was on another game show years ago. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504February 16, 2018 12:59 PM

Thank god the voodoo doll didn't win.

by Anonymousreply 505February 17, 2018 1:32 AM

And we wrap up the week with Rob! Wife, daughter, AND dog!

Nice FJ - but seemed pretty easy to me. I wonder if Neverland would have been accepted....I thought Never Never Land was a song from the Broadway show....

by Anonymousreply 506February 17, 2018 1:55 AM

Rob still pings to me but I'll just let it go. Yes, there is some wishful thinking since he seems a real hunk to me. Vinay on the other hand was perhaps the prettiest contestant I've seen in a long time on the show. The lady would have been an interesting win, had both of them messed up Final. I had no idea, guessing Bedlam.

Voodoo doll???

by Anonymousreply 507February 17, 2018 3:01 AM

Rob pings to me too. He's not my type at all but he has a genuinely engaging smile and an easy, all business manner during the show. His macarena moment was indeed charming. I was surprised at what looked like his momentarily angry reaction to his FJ 'samurai' miss. No doubt he was angry at himself. but it suggests that he's a man who's wound a bit tighter than he lets on.

by Anonymousreply 508February 17, 2018 11:28 AM

I think they'd have to accept "Neverland," atho they've been weirdly strict on some things lately.

by Anonymousreply 509February 17, 2018 6:57 PM

In the J.M. Barrie book, it was called "Neverland" not Never Never Land. I read it numerous times as a child. But apparently both are correct, since it was called Never Never Land in the stage play, which actually predated the novel (I just found out). I imagine they would have accepted either answer. I did remember the babies falling out of prams, even though my childhood was a long time ago, so the answer came easily to me. My only problem with Rob is his very small eyes, which bother me for some reason. But his personality is bearable enough.

by Anonymousreply 510February 18, 2018 12:27 AM

All the sophisticates laughed at Rob's tiny eyes.

by Anonymousreply 511February 18, 2018 1:21 AM

r511: Hi Rob!

by Anonymousreply 512February 18, 2018 6:03 PM

Can Rob be stopped?

I bet even sad Florence would have gotten that easy FJ.

by Anonymousreply 513February 20, 2018 12:01 AM

Rob pinged to me tonight, singing the alphabet backwards. Interestingly, he reminded me of a character in a film that was a clue tonight. Surprised none of them got the Exorcist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514February 20, 2018 12:06 AM

Nobody knew Chinatown? Those cunts.

by Anonymousreply 515February 20, 2018 12:15 AM

How did Florence pass the test? Bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 516February 20, 2018 12:20 AM

R515 - films are definitely not my strong suit, but that was my first thought, too, when the none of them got it. Malta was another answer they should've gotten. I suppose Jewish Rob really doesn't know much about the New Testament, if he thought there was a reference to Gibraltar in it. Final seemed easy, but I don't know is if I would call it exactly a giveaway.

Maybe Florence happened to get a lot of the right questions on the sample test? I felt from her first appearance that she was far too severe. I liked Kate a lot, wouldn't mind if she had won.

For some reason, I get the impression Rob's wife's family is very wealthy, similar to the Disney heir guy they had on a couple of years back. I was fixated during the show on his eyes, after all the comments you folks made.

Abkadefgeejeykyllminopkwerstoovwickses ... I watched Sesame Street, too.

by Anonymousreply 517February 20, 2018 3:05 AM

Another night, another win for Rob. I was happy as I felt that he deserves to go on to the Tournament of Champions. However, I would have been equally happy with Damien making it as well as he seems like a nice guy and is quite knowledgeable. John the Bear seem to know the gay answers to me.

Rob's blind guessing of Thanksgiving Day Parade for an event specified as March was rather embarrassing, so I had no problem with Alex chiding him for it. I was somewhat surprised that none of them got Urdu. Final seems very easy to me.

I know this sounds very petty, and weird, but Rob's double breasted shirt was distracting.

by Anonymousreply 518February 21, 2018 3:01 AM

FJ was super easy!

Dude keeps winning big.

by Anonymousreply 519February 21, 2018 3:07 AM

Anyone else find Damien quite attractive, even though he thought Alexander Hamilton was once VP?

by Anonymousreply 520February 21, 2018 2:32 PM

I'm pretty good at history, but guessed Hamilton, too. Damien was good looking.

by Anonymousreply 521February 21, 2018 2:36 PM

Surprised that Damien didn't call on Satan to help him win.

by Anonymousreply 522February 21, 2018 2:41 PM

Rob scores! Good player and strategic wagerer as well.

Who can stop him? Maybe he is what caused Alex's trauma.

by Anonymousreply 523February 21, 2018 5:31 PM

RIP - Bryan

by Anonymousreply 524February 21, 2018 11:52 PM

I would like to be deeply embedded in Damian's behind. God, that dude was hot!

by Anonymousreply 525February 22, 2018 12:20 AM

Speaking of hot guys, there was the WOF gay twin cub ...

Poor daddy choked like we haven't seen in a long time. Another "How did they make it on the show?" moment. The lady tried, but no go.

They couldn't get Cardiff, Nottingham nor Medgar Evers?

by Anonymousreply 526February 22, 2018 3:06 AM

Thought Bryan was totally adorable. Was hoping he'd make it, it seemed like he was going to come out of the hole a couple of times, but it just didn't happen. He's a stay at home dad, do you think he's half of a gay couple?

by Anonymousreply 527February 22, 2018 3:09 AM

Ya gotta feel bad for Bryan, Jeopardy! champion daughter sitting in the audience. The trip home must have been awkward, not to mention facing family and friends back home.

by Anonymousreply 528February 22, 2018 10:26 AM

I did feel bad for Bryan who seemed like a genuinely nice guy. It was interesting to see Alex break from the usual protocol and shake hands with Bryan first. I wonder if he's feeling the same Rob-fatigue that I'm feeling.

by Anonymousreply 529February 22, 2018 12:49 PM

Three's an essay on HuffPost by Austin Rogers about his life post-Jeopardy. It is smart and endearing and makes me like him all the more. Seems like someone I'd like to know.

by Anonymousreply 530February 22, 2018 2:39 PM

I think Alex doesn't care for so many lopsided games. Like us, he wants it 1/3 each with few, if any, complete passes on questions (though I hate football).

While his bitterness was unfortunate, Austin's success is a great role model for dorky (gay) kids.

by Anonymousreply 531February 22, 2018 3:47 PM

Good for Alan. He appeared to be much quicker than Rob with the signal button.

by Anonymousreply 532February 23, 2018 2:37 AM

Poor Viola. Nobody remembers her, even after just one year.

by Anonymousreply 533February 23, 2018 2:58 AM

All I'm going to say is that Alan seems like a really nice guy, so congrats to him!

Was Rob wearing a rug?

by Anonymousreply 534February 23, 2018 2:58 AM

I liked Alan immediately, so glad he beat that smug Rob.

I'm half expecting someone to cry "Racism!" over none of the three remembering Viola's Oscar win last year.

by Anonymousreply 535February 23, 2018 3:51 AM

Alan is another "character" - but he seems to have the stuff to last a few days.

Goodbye, Rob!!! Or should I say "eybdooG!"

by Anonymousreply 536February 23, 2018 4:15 AM

I don't know if I'm more annoyed with the everyday 'adjustment of scores,' or all of the points left on the board because Alex spends so much time yammering during the round. Whether he's fawning over a champ, making an embarrassing attempt at humor, or speaking with a stereotypical foreign accent -- there are almost always several spaces left on the board. Especially when he notes there's only a minute left, and then just wastes the seconds and potential points by interjecting nonsense. Both of these things are game changers!

I don't know, I'm still bitter about them accepting the use of punctuation outside of the end quotation mark, as in, "Blah blah blah". It's just wrong, as it has been for centuries!

-- Take that, pointless bitchery!

by Anonymousreply 537February 23, 2018 9:47 PM

R537, I hate that contestants are allowed to give just a surname as a response, rather than a first and last name. It's so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 538February 23, 2018 11:14 PM

Ok,DL Queens, two days yet and not a mention of Alan's response of "Fred's Lube" to a Double Jeopardy clue?

He had no idea and he decided to give that response rather than be silent!

by Anonymousreply 539February 23, 2018 11:42 PM

Surprised nobody got final Jeopardy today. I knew it right away.

by Anonymousreply 540February 24, 2018 1:51 AM

I had absolutely no idea whatsoever of today's Jeopardy final; they're easy when you know them.

I recall the answer of Fred's Lube, but decided to let that very strange response slide rather than thinking about it more.

by Anonymousreply 541February 24, 2018 2:59 AM

Alan's desperation to find the Double Jeopardy clues is just as annoying as it was when Au-stin did it. And Alan doesn't have the half the personality or knowledge than that Champion did.

I thought surely the Blogger would know FJ - the Human Resources Gal was surprisingly good.

I forgot to mention Alan's practice buzzer - the toilet paper roller - which is actually a good idea!

I agree that Alex slows the game down with his "humor" and snarky comments.....how long before the show is known as Jeopardy Starring Alex Trebek?

by Anonymousreply 542February 24, 2018 3:18 AM

I believe the toilet paper roll practice item was Rob's not Alan's?

by Anonymousreply 543February 24, 2018 3:19 AM

R543 you are 100% correct - that was Rob's invention!

Whew chemo brain......boys - get your colonoscopy - it may save your life.....even if it leads to radiation and chemotherapy and other complications. Take the twilight sleep and you won't even know it happened.....kind of like surprise anal.....

by Anonymousreply 544February 24, 2018 3:26 AM

R537, regarding the punctuation outside the question marks: I complained about this a few years ago and was told it’s acceptable in Canada, and therefore I should be quiet.

by Anonymousreply 545February 24, 2018 6:39 AM

R544, Which is preferable, surprise anal or anonymous anal?

by Anonymousreply 546February 24, 2018 9:02 AM

One of tonight's guests is Jonah Platt. If this guy (below) is the same guy, then he's the brother of Tony winner Ben Platt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547February 26, 2018 7:10 PM

Jonah is spicy.

by Anonymousreply 548February 26, 2018 11:11 PM

Jonah seemed salty about losing by three dollars.

by Anonymousreply 549February 26, 2018 11:28 PM

Jonah looks like a men.com/Instagram escort who escaped and put on a suit for a night.

by Anonymousreply 550February 26, 2018 11:37 PM

Jonah was PISSED that brunette Amy Adams beat him!

by Anonymousreply 551February 26, 2018 11:58 PM

He was indeed pissed, shaking his head at the very end.

by Anonymousreply 552February 27, 2018 12:00 AM

[R543], [R544], Rob sure acted as though he invented that practice trick, but I've seen it mentioned a couple of times before, and was surprised know-it-all Alex went along by acting as if it was a novel idea.

by Anonymousreply 553February 27, 2018 12:28 AM

I’m glad Alan lost. He was a bit insufferable. You know he’s watching at home in one of his “special” caftans.

by Anonymousreply 554February 27, 2018 12:29 AM

Jonah was pretty.

What Mary in the audience shrieked when the champ lost?

by Anonymousreply 555February 27, 2018 12:42 AM

Jonah was in the top ten hottest contestants of all time. The hottest of all time was Gordon from Vancouver who wore sweaters and liked to kayak.

by Anonymousreply 556February 27, 2018 12:49 AM

I figured you guys would like Jonah. I thought he suited up damned well, but yeah, he was anything BUT good-natured. I couldn't get past the feeling that Alan was a lesbian (FTM?). New champ is OK by me, very low key.

I thought the archeologist with the Eastern European name a couple of years back was hot, but what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 557February 27, 2018 3:01 AM

R552, and all the others commenting on Jonah's perceived disgust. My take on it: he was angry with himself for going for the $800 clue instead of the $1600 in the last category, when he had seized crucial control of the board. Both time and clues were running out, and he missed getting the gimme Double Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 558February 27, 2018 4:43 AM

I agree with R558.

by Anonymousreply 559February 27, 2018 5:43 AM

Glad Jonah Platt lost. He seems like a narcissist overly impressed with himself. He was a sore loser who didn't shake anyone's hands. Anyone with hair like that is obnoxious.

I'm surprised none of them knew about the Burj Khalifa.

by Anonymousreply 560February 27, 2018 8:56 AM

lmfao Jonah didn't take kindly to the criticism he's gotten on social media

as if he's the only contestant ever whose dream it was to win on the show but lost?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561February 27, 2018 8:59 AM

lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562February 27, 2018 9:16 AM

Unpleasant dude. After his brother's Tony win he must be feeling like the older brother who couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 563February 27, 2018 11:13 AM

Well, at least we know he doesn't need the money.

by Anonymousreply 564February 27, 2018 3:09 PM

Here's Jonah with brother Ben and their father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565February 27, 2018 5:11 PM

New champ looks just like Vanessa Bayer, formerly of SNL.

by Anonymousreply 566February 27, 2018 6:20 PM

Paul’s got a THICK Jersey accent.

by Anonymousreply 567February 27, 2018 11:16 PM

Ben Platt clearly got his looks from his mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568February 27, 2018 11:18 PM

Laughed out loud at Maryann thinking "The Beverly Hillbillies" was a drama.

by Anonymousreply 569February 27, 2018 11:34 PM

Obviously no one thinks the Beverly Hillbillies is a drama, but the name Jethro only has one meaning to most people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570February 28, 2018 1:20 AM

I was raised very near Millington, Paul's accent sounds more like Staten Island to me. If they're going to wear a ribbon like that, they really ought to explain about it to the viewers. Final was, indeed, a trap as my first instinct was to say the Chrysler Building. All I could think of about their phone calls to London on Jeopardy, was that the family must be incredibly wealthy to afford that!

Tonight, I really, really wanted to hear your thoughts about the Wheel of Fortune champ? The married former ballet dancer pinged like high heaven to me, and I was distracted by the burning smell from my TV in flames.

by Anonymousreply 571February 28, 2018 3:02 AM

Where the heck is Art Flaming?

by Anonymousreply 572February 28, 2018 3:11 AM

r571 I was shocked when the WOF champ said "My wife and I..." and then later they showed the wife!!!!

It was Twilight Zone-ish.

by Anonymousreply 573February 28, 2018 5:58 AM

I thought of the Statue as well.

by Anonymousreply 574February 28, 2018 7:22 PM

Garan was cute, but dull.

by Anonymousreply 575March 1, 2018 6:17 PM

Cute but dull works for me.

by Anonymousreply 576March 1, 2018 10:13 PM

TIEBREAKER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 577March 2, 2018 12:26 AM

Never seen one of those before!

by Anonymousreply 578March 2, 2018 12:38 AM

I could've sworn that once before when there was a tie, BOTH players were on the following day.

by Anonymousreply 579March 2, 2018 2:55 AM

The tiebreaker question must be very new, as before the two contestants returned the next day with a third new person. I hate it!

Now I want to know what he looks like with his balding non-shaved head, though not for $5000. Not a huge fan of the champ, so it was hoping the other lady would win.

I got final immediately, so I don't understand why it was so tough, although the fact that they all blew it must mean something?

by Anonymousreply 580March 2, 2018 3:01 AM

I think there was a tiebreaker question before. But I felt bad for the other lady. She really deserved to come back. She was likable - and a good player.

by Anonymousreply 581March 2, 2018 3:06 AM

Horrible tiebreaking system. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 582March 2, 2018 6:34 AM

There have been co-champions in the past. Did the producers not want to pay the matching amounts?

by Anonymousreply 583March 2, 2018 2:29 PM

According to the Jeopardy website, this system has been used before in tournaments, but since that introduction this is the first time that it has been used in a regular game.

by Anonymousreply 584March 2, 2018 3:42 PM

I thought they should have brought them back as co-champions.

by Anonymousreply 585March 2, 2018 5:15 PM

yeah I don't like it. I prefer them bringing back both contestants the next time

by Anonymousreply 586March 2, 2018 5:25 PM

Merv would not have approved of this one question runoff.

by Anonymousreply 587March 2, 2018 6:44 PM

I was surprised at the tie as well.

Had never seen that tie-breaker situation before .

WOF is coming to my town for auditions!!!

Hopefully some peeps will qualify.

by Anonymousreply 588March 2, 2018 7:33 PM

We must thank Buzzy and Austin for the need of every male contestant to make an ass out of themselves while trying to become a "character." I noticed mr. camper-champ didn't mention going back to family camp with any children or family of any sort. I envision he camped out near the showers a lot.

by Anonymousreply 589March 4, 2018 12:59 AM

Shari Post reminds me of Lois Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 590March 5, 2018 11:45 PM

I don't mind the champ but I didn't care for his Austin-like intro.

by Anonymousreply 591March 6, 2018 12:01 AM

The woman couldn’t even guess at FJ? That was almost a giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 592March 6, 2018 12:19 AM

Jesse was "nerdy sexy" and if his prominent nose is any indication of what's down south, sign me up.

Thought FJ could either be Orson Welles or John Huston, went with Welles.

by Anonymousreply 593March 6, 2018 12:38 AM

Don't forget that the online test is Tues, Wed. and Thur.

It's your ticket to fame and fortune (that, or being viciously mocked in this thread).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594March 6, 2018 12:52 AM

I wanted Jesse to win.

I thought of Henry Fonda. ☺️☺️

by Anonymousreply 595March 6, 2018 1:28 AM

I got the correct answer in time, but my first thought was Alfred Hitchcock.

Hipster Bear can go anytime now as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 596March 6, 2018 2:59 AM

R595, When did Henry Fonda write and direct?

by Anonymousreply 597March 6, 2018 11:39 AM

I took the online test. It kicked my ass.

I was waiting for the questions I knew I would tank in categories like opera, but I bombed on geography, history, and all the other categories I usually do well on. Very humbling.

by Anonymousreply 598March 7, 2018 4:06 AM

r598 good for you for doing it. "Humbling" is a good way to describe it. I've failed twice, but gotta say it's still exciting to do it.

by Anonymousreply 599March 7, 2018 4:14 AM

Seriously? The champ thought Dickens wrote The Night Before Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 600March 7, 2018 4:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!