Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Morrissey has some stupid shit to say about sexual assault and more

Kevin Spacey supporter.

[quote]Then, after Morrissey took a brief foray into suggesting that anyone who supports killing animals also would’ve supported the Holocaust (standard Morrissey talking points), the interviewer brought up the Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey scandals. Morrissey says that the whole thing has become “a play,” and that the definition of sexual harassment has become so broad that “every person on this planet is guilty.” Specifically, he says that the allegations against Kevin Spacey are “ridiculous,” saying that if he was 26 and alone in a bedroom with a 14-year-old boy, than the boys should’ve known what was going to happen. “When you are in somebody’s bedroom,” he says, “you have to be aware of where that can lead to.” Because of that, he thinks Spacey has been “unnecessarily attacked.” He also clarifies that he hates rape and sexual assault of all kinds, but he does believe that sometimes “the person referred to as a victim is merely disappointed.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2018 9:45 PM

I'd have thought that at 14 year old with average life experience would assume that going into someone's bedroom would result in playing computer games.

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2017 9:18 PM

Love his shirt in the pic. And I agree with him inasmuch as the definition of sexual assault has become unreasonably broad. The rest of it... eh. I also listened to previews of his new album, and... it's "okay", but not anything I'd actually buy. His last one (I think it was his last one) was great.

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2017 9:20 PM

I like how in Australia (I think it's Australia) they call harassers "sex pests".

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2017 9:21 PM

Morrissey is the hero we need and deserve ❤️

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2017 3:32 PM

Answering a question specifically about Spacey, Morrissey added: “[I] was wondering where the boy’s parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what could happen. I do not know about you, but I’ve never been in situations like this in my youth. Never.

“I always knew what could happen. When you are in somebody’s bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That’s why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me Spacey has been unnecessarily attacked.”

He also addressed the Weinstein allegations, saying: “They played along”.

“Afterward, they feel embarrassed, or they do not like it. And then they turn it around and say: ‘I was attacked, I was surprised, I was dragged into the room.’ But if everything had gone well and had it given them a great career, they would not talk about it.”

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2017 3:36 PM

National treasure

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2017 3:37 PM

You guys don't get it. He's being ironic, see? Morrissey is a parody.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2017 3:42 PM

He's speaking from his own viewpoint.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2017 3:56 PM

Moz is the Whoopi Goldberg of alternative rock. He always has to play devil's advocate.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2017 4:05 PM

In an age of bland, media-trained responses he’s a tomic

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2017 4:55 PM

He's gross and for as much as he tries to play Dietrich, he sure does whore around for attention. Cue a lineup of Mexican kids he pestered at the concerts he actually bothered to show up for.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2017 5:03 PM

This from a man who recently canceled an outdoor concert in California because it was too cold.

Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2017 5:07 PM

[quote]“[I] was wondering where the boy’s parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what could happen. I do not know about you, but I’ve never been in situations like this in my youth. Never.

True. You had to sneak around.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2017 5:10 PM

Just another brogressive. Psh!

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2017 5:10 PM

LOL. R14. A brogressive type wouldn't give a shit because there aren't any people they want to sleep with to defend--i.e. women.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2017 5:13 PM

Morrissey is the anti-Jessica Chastain. He doesn't virtue signal for career advancement.

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2017 5:15 PM

This man's relevancy was lost years ago. Now his ability to think rationally have also vanished. We can add "no credibility " to his accomplishments.

He's become a sad caricature of the man we once knew as Morrissey.

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2017 5:23 PM

If he had any credibility at all I might have bothered to pick his statements apart.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2017 7:32 PM

Morrissey is a miserable cunt. Always was. Why should he change now?

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2017 8:10 PM

That's why I love him. ^

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2017 8:15 PM

I don't care. He can say whatever he wants and i will still love him forever for the music he gave me, with the Smiths or solo. Also, he's not entirely wrong and everybody knows it. But we're living in a PC Islamic State so nobody can't say anything anymore other than WE ARE ALLA VICTIMS AND DON'T YOU DARE DOUBT IT.

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2017 8:47 PM

Love you, Moz.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2017 3:18 AM

Morrissey Defends Kevin Spacey, Calls the Accusations Against Him ‘Ridiculous’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2017 11:05 AM

Excuse me, Moz™ is a Registered Trademark of Moz Inc.®, which we renamed from SeoMoz® ℠ back in the early 2010's! It is not to be associated with Morrissey™ or his adult EMO blatherings, no matter how tragic and upsetting and amazing.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2017 11:06 AM

R24 has paperwork proving that he is a limited liability company. Not that he owns an LLC, but that he *is* an LLC.

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2017 11:46 AM

Moz. Never got over the fact that David Bowie didn't want to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2017 12:04 PM

He is hot for Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2017 12:04 PM

I saw him on stage a few weeks ago. He will be dead within 2 years, mark my words. He was extremely frail and seemed senile and very confused. Never see your idols live on stage. The same thing happened to me with Tori Amos (in her case, it was the freaky plastic surgery).

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2017 12:34 PM

Moz would put aside his principles and share a tender juicy chicken with Spacey

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2017 12:36 PM

I don't care what he says. Is anyone listening anyway? He will always be Morrissey and I will always love him. I just hope I get to see him in concert before he dies next year.

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2017 12:39 PM

🎶 Every day is like Sunday 🎵

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2017 1:12 PM

FYI, “Swords”, although an album of B-sides & unreleased songs is one of his best records.

I also like that, as someone up thread mentioned, he has never given a single fuck about “advancing” his career by being a whore in any sense of that word. There are very few in famous people that can say the same!

I often agree with him,and have always loved his music, although I’m a cravenly carnivorous hypocrite.

I have always loved Morrissey and I accept that he wouldn’t love me!

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2017 1:17 PM

He's a pretentious old twat. His supposed genius only works in the morose soundbites of his navel-gazing 'nobody understands me' student level lyrics, when he tried to write a novel he exposed himself horribly. Gained fame as the moaner of Manchester but couldn't wait to get to sunny L.A where he could complain about non vegetarians in more comfort. These days he sounds like UKIP incarnate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2017 3:27 PM

He's not wrong about the Rapp and Spacey situation. Rapp should have known better and was a little whore in the first place, so who cares? Weinstein victims are a different matter because he had power over them.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2017 11:32 PM

Lol. Morrisey? No one cares what that tired old hag thinks.

NEXT.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2017 2:43 AM

I'm shocked. He's usually so full of light, hope and positivity.

by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2017 9:58 AM

Is Morrissey gay because he sounds like a lot of women hating gay guys. He sounds so crazy and bitter.

by Anonymousreply 37November 26, 2017 10:05 AM

He has become the worst of things - a bore.

by Anonymousreply 38November 26, 2017 10:09 AM

R33 nails it. Like the world's oldest petulant teen he always has to say the opposite of what the "grown ups" are saying just to be the centre of attention.

by Anonymousreply 39November 26, 2017 10:15 AM

Can anyone on planet Earth actually name a song of his that people know? Thought not. A pretentious asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 40November 26, 2017 10:16 AM

A 14 year old is responsible if an adult makes sexual advances towards them? So Moz and his fans in this thread presumably support Roy Moore too. In what world do we hold people less accountable for their actions the older they are? What kind of soulless asshole thinks Spacey was a poor, naive innocent set up by a cunning 14 year old?

by Anonymousreply 41November 26, 2017 10:20 AM

R39 Well said.

by Anonymousreply 42November 26, 2017 10:21 AM

Morrissey and his links to pedos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 26, 2017 10:26 AM

One of the last true artists. A genius. I could never thank him enough for the music he’s given me.

by Anonymousreply 44November 26, 2017 6:53 PM

But seriously, what did Rapp think was going to happen by stretching out on Spacey's bed, lol. I mean does anyone actually believe that Rapp was that naive?

by Anonymousreply 45November 26, 2017 6:57 PM

We believe he was 14 R45 Morrissey is a tired old relic with dubious opinions.

by Anonymousreply 46November 26, 2017 7:00 PM

Oh, so 14 year old males don't know what beds are sometimes used for, R46? Come on. Maybe he wanted Spacey and changed his mind at the last moment. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 47November 26, 2017 7:08 PM

If it was another 14 yr old in the bed that would be a different matter, but whatever your ( and Morrisseys' ) peculiar views of how horny 14 year olds are if the other party is a fully grown adult, they are responsible for anything that happens, and besides Spacey has a long and unpleasant history as a predator and sexual bully outside of this incident.

by Anonymousreply 48November 26, 2017 7:15 PM

Morrissey is not somebody who can be taken down by the cultural left because he's never pandered to them or acted as if he is one of them (despite his music being appropriating by them). He's not a hypocrite or a virtue signalling phony... he has always had his own opinions.

by Anonymousreply 49November 26, 2017 7:24 PM

Nobody's interested in taking him down R49 he's not relevant enough to merit that amount of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 26, 2017 7:27 PM

r50, not relevant? He is the patron saint of the most glorified period of latter 20th century music. He doesn't NEED to be relevant now, his legacy is secured. What are YOU doing with your life?

by Anonymousreply 51November 26, 2017 7:29 PM

I disagree with him about the Weinstein victims. I do believe they were pressured and afraid, and that Weinstein forced himself on some of them. I do agree with him about Rapp and Spacey. Rapp was no virgin and he knew damn well what being in bed could lead to, and personally, I think there's no way he's as bothered by the event as he claims to be. Rapp himself says there was no assault! He's only out for vengeance and Spacey is being crucified for a non event.

by Anonymousreply 52November 26, 2017 7:30 PM

Blow off the cobwebs grandad R51 the 80's are over and Stephen's droning teenage angst went with them xxx

by Anonymousreply 53November 26, 2017 7:35 PM

Spacey wasn't ruined solely by Rapp's experience R52 if that was all that happened he'd quite possibly be fine, it was the avalanche of similar tales of him forcing himself on young and youngish men that it opened him up to...tough luck Kevin, maybe he will know when to keep it in his pants in a future life but for this one he's fucked and by his own doing.

by Anonymousreply 54November 26, 2017 7:41 PM

He was the patron saint of every pretentious morose teen loitering around the fringes complaining about the faux horrid lives in the late 80s r51. Then those kids grew up and moved on. Well most of them did, the remaining 3 are hanging around here insisting that he's a genius when he's actually a bit dim, devoid of any common sense and very dull.

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2017 7:07 AM

This doesn't justify what Kevin did, since he was the adult in the situation, but I do agree that Rapp must have known what was going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2017 7:19 AM

Morrissey: Der Spiegel releases audio of controversial interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 12, 2018 7:27 PM

Morrissey is still my hero, the Smiths still the greatest band of all time. Some of you cunts don't deserve him.

by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2018 7:29 PM

R21 and R49 make good points.

We have become a culture of victims. The vulnerable better get their stuff together because men arent going to change--#metoo or not. And the powerful better watch out with what they try and do with that power.

Both sides need work!

by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2018 7:50 PM

Of course Morrissey defends Spacey.

Let me explain something to you. Morrissey has, for thirty years, been the recipient of THOUSANDS IF NOT MILLIONS of young men throwing themselves at him. Many of whom were not of age. Has he taken advantage of this perquisite? Of being a prophet and savior and GOD to young boys with homosexuality on the brain? Many of their fantasies was to be his sex slave. Mine still is lol.

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2018 9:16 PM

Nah, he was famously celibate. One or two might have slipped through but I highly doubt he was trying on groupies from town to town. Besides, most of them were Holden Caulfields and, like Salinger before him, Morrissey mostly hid out from those needy ones. Sex or not, it's just too much.

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2018 9:19 PM

(Though, like you, I too would've fucked him at the tiniest of suggestions from him).

by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2018 9:20 PM

Isn't he friend of pedo Cliff Richard?

by Anonymousreply 63January 12, 2018 9:33 PM

Imagine, a celeb who thinks and has a conscience!

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2018 9:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2018 9:37 PM

Morrissey and his links to pedos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2018 9:40 PM

Morrissey denies ‘sympathising with paedophilia and rape’ in new vlog against his ‘haters’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2018 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!