Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kathy Griffin Responds To Online Haters

She just posted her State of the Union address.

"I'm admitting I've lost my mind."

by Anonymousreply 432Last Wednesday at 1:07 PM

Remember when she was funny?

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2017

Okay, now I'm starting to feel sorry for her. She's practically begging for work. Someone should throw her a bone. Howard Stern? Jimmy Kimmel? Anybody?

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2017

No R1, she was never funny but I like this kamikaze period.

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2017

She's an insult comic who made a small fortune kicking other women at their lowest points. (Another thread listed her bits making fun of women like Britney Spears, Whitney Houston, etc. when they were under the microscope and having breakdowns) Now, she's a "feminist" leader trying to rally women to have her back? Bitch, please.

Also, she needs to look up "blacklisted" in the dictionary, because she seems to be mixing it up with "suffering the consequences of systematically burning multiple personal and professional bridges." When you fuck over people who were on your side, they don't want to work with you again.

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2017

Her 'crime' is certainly forgivable.

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2017

Joan Rivers would have told her to stop whining and just go out to whatever venue would take her like she did.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2017

Rivers never stopped whining about Carson R6 She could whine with the best of them

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2017

She's completely delusional.

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2017

She hurt herself more than she hurt anyone else. Easily forgivable. Glad to see she is recognizing her acting out and hopefully she can move on.

by Anonymousreply 911/18/2017

(insert name here) has a tiny dick... here's their personal phone number.... they offered me drugs...

Why won't people hire me??!

by Anonymousreply 1011/18/2017

Eartha Kitt who they went after due to her anti-war stance vs. Kathy Griffin who thought it was smart to take a photo of herself with the severed head of the POTUS. Yeeeah, you're so much like Eartha, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1111/18/2017

Yeah Joan whined for sure but she was able to build her career back up little by little through hard work.

by Anonymousreply 1211/18/2017

R6. The thing about Joan Rivers is that she always made a point of never saying bad things about someone where she didn’t say worse about herself. She could get away with inviting us to laugh at others people because she invited us to laugh at her too. Kathy Griffin was just plain mean. Don Rickles could fling the insults and get away with it because we all knew he didn’t mean it. Kathy Griffin means it.

by Anonymousreply 1311/18/2017

R13, well said.

Kathy takes things too personally, she needs to learn to laugh some stuff off and make fun of herself.

by Anonymousreply 1411/18/2017

Is she the President of the Sandy Duncan fan club? Damn, eat some cake - fix that hair - and tape your ears back ... stat!

by Anonymousreply 1511/18/2017

What she did about Trump was in bad taste ... she lost her job.

Meanwhile, Trump himself has RAPED PEOPLE . . . still has his job.

by Anonymousreply 1611/18/2017

Lotus Weinstock might not agree with you R13

by Anonymousreply 1711/18/2017

If I were her agent, I'd tell her to start working her ass of on rebooting her public image. She needs to start flying supplies out to Puerto Rico; she needs to help rebuild homes destroyed by fires in California; she needs to hold fund raisers for the victims of Sutherland Springs and Las Vegas. She needs to start doing something for others instead of focusing so much on raising the next buck for herself.

She's not entirely wrong in saying that she has been unfairly treated. But she continues to shoot herself in the same foot with the same gun. She needs to shut up a bit, take a step back, and eat a little crow before she completely buries herself. She's her own worst enemy at this point.

by Anonymousreply 1811/18/2017

Kathy got a wake up call and she's having a hard time dealing with it. What happened to her after the Trump thing was wrong, but that's the world we live in now. I'm not going to say that she's making a mistake by being so public with this, because I really think this is her laying the groundwork for her next chapter. But the girl is wearing what she's going through. She needs to eat. Hopefully there is someone in her life who is looking out for her.

by Anonymousreply 1911/18/2017

The world we live in now? Remember when the rodeo clown lost his job and took a torrent of shit for wearing an Obama mask?

by Anonymousreply 2011/18/2017

Shes wacko.

Notice how not one high profile person is coming to her defense? Yeah, they know shes wacko too.

by Anonymousreply 2111/18/2017

[quote]Eartha Kitt who they went after due to her anti-war stance

"They" only went after Eartha Kitt because she had the bad sense to tell off Lady Bird Johnson to her face while accepting Lady Bird's hospitality at the White House. If Kitt had declined Lady Bird's invitation, she could have expressed her political views elsewhere without hurting her career.

by Anonymousreply 2211/18/2017

"High Profile' people are full of shit R21 , where were they when Weinstein and Spacey were up to no good and listen now to their "I knew nothing" bullshit. Who can forget high profile Barbara Walters coming to the defense of the movie industry against Corey Feldman's' accusations, the high profile can fuck off, they are only interested in themselves. Also fuck Lady Bird Johnson while you're at it, that old cunt deserved to be told off to her face R22.

by Anonymousreply 2311/18/2017
by Anonymousreply 2411/18/2017

R23 has no friends

by Anonymousreply 2511/18/2017

R25 is a dreary elderly homosexual, possibly closeted with a pinched uptight attitude to life, pity them.

by Anonymousreply 2611/18/2017

She needs to cut the crap, she is not doing this for other women or LGBT rights.

by Anonymousreply 2711/18/2017

Maybe she could reinvent herself as an actress in an indie film.

by Anonymousreply 2811/18/2017

Even with the soft focus she looks like crap

by Anonymousreply 2911/18/2017

Is it too late for a "Suddenly Susan" relaunch?

Brooke's career could us some help, too!

by Anonymousreply 3011/18/2017

R26 i have tons of friends.

You? Clearly none.

Explains your hysterical defense of wacko Griffin. Kindred spirits.

by Anonymousreply 3111/18/2017

The tell-tale lower case i in your post tells a different story R31. Also, the use of the lame description 'wacko' speaks of a low-grade personality.

by Anonymousreply 3211/18/2017

Her issue is that she's blacklisted in the US, so she can't decide by herself to do this or that if nobody hires her. That's her point. She can't do anything. Her touring internationally was a good idea, now that the tour is almost over and that nothing has changed on the US side for her, she's freaking out.

She simply needs to give it more time, but alas I don't think someone like her who cannot take a vacation without falling into a depression after three days can think rationally in the situation she's in. Having a blank calendar to her means death, much like her idol Joan Rivers.

I can't empathize with this because I'm the opposite. Fuck, if I had millions in the bank I'd sit on my ass for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 3311/18/2017

Maybe she should calm down and spend some time with her mother before she dies.

by Anonymousreply 3411/18/2017

^^ Its called a typo, dummy.

Are you sure youre not Kathy herself?

You sound overly invested in the homophobic wackos defense.

by Anonymousreply 3511/18/2017

BBC interview

by Anonymousreply 3611/18/2017

This woman is such a MESS.

by Anonymousreply 3711/18/2017

You sound intensely dull R35

by Anonymousreply 3811/18/2017

That interviewer on that bbc link looks and sounds like such a douche. Typical british condescending prick.

by Anonymousreply 3911/18/2017

She looks like a rag doll.

by Anonymousreply 4011/18/2017

r36 she comes across too harsh and dismissive on that BBC interview, this is not helping her.

by Anonymousreply 4111/18/2017

She has anorexic dry mouth in all these videos/interivews

by Anonymousreply 4211/18/2017

Isn't dry mouth a common side effect of antidepressants and antipsychotics?

Didn't she just faint on stage last week in Dublin?

by Anonymousreply 4311/18/2017

You really think so, R39? I thought he actually seemed to ask some decent follow-through questions - something I sadly don't see often enough interviews.

by Anonymousreply 4411/18/2017

Always Team Kathy. She'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 4511/18/2017

Kathy, I love you, but, please ask a drag queen to loan you a wig,

by Anonymousreply 4611/18/2017

She should become a transman

by Anonymousreply 4711/18/2017

She should start selling T-shirts with that photo on it.

by Anonymousreply 4811/18/2017

Doppelganger.

by Anonymousreply 4911/18/2017

I wonder how Kathy's mom is holding up during all of this. At this point, Kathy must feel very isolated in the world. If anything were to happen to her mom, I don't know if Kathy would be able to hold it all together.

by Anonymousreply 5011/18/2017

I feel sorry for her. She really wants to get back in the game, but now she is a sorry mess. It happens to those who blame others for their poor decisions. People don't respond well to haters. Except to our DL beloved bitches...

by Anonymousreply 5111/18/2017

She needs a manager with a very firm hand.

by Anonymousreply 5211/18/2017

I think I'm gong to go out on a limb a bit for the 2018 office death pool and pick Kathy. A long shot I know but they all laughed when I picked Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 5311/18/2017

I just noticed she mentioned one of those conspiring against her is the father of comedian Nick Kroll ... LOL!!!

I haven't heard that name since the crazy Tig Notaro troll conspiracy threads.

Kathy really has lost her damn mind.

by Anonymousreply 5411/18/2017

Box office poison. Every booker knows that they won't make a dime off of her. If she does TV (unlikely) ratings would be in the toilet. She refers to herself as a "star". Poor thing -she so desperately wants to be the center of attention. She is washed up now, old , really ugly, and should disappear for a few years. Vienna?- I can see the audience now in their dirndls and leiderhosen. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 5511/18/2017

The real reason why Kathy is blacklisted isn't because of her politics as she claims, nor because of some patriarchal attempt to silence a strong feminist voice, but because the woman is emotionally unstable and cannot help but bite whatever hand is extended her way for help. Who would be stupid enough to book someone who's clearly a ticking bomb bag of crazy ready to explode at the slightest provocation? She has shown herself to be completely toxic to the people around her, and her willingness to throw everyone under the bus and blame them for the consequences of her own ill-advised actions goes a long toward explaining why no one is in her corner these days (except her bf Randy, but that's because he's on her payroll!). It's fascinating to realize that after everything that she's gone through, she's so blinded by her own self-righteousness that can't see how truly self-inflicted her wounds are. She is the Lindsay Lohan of comedy, fading deeper and deeper into the limbo where Z-List has beens go to disappear.

by Anonymousreply 5611/18/2017

I love seeing Kathy making her personal YouTube statements. I think she's great and still very funny. And I do believe she'll be back. However, if she really is blacklisted, I wonder if it would work if she went away for a while and quietly worked behind the scenes working to get back "in." Take a year off and then return. Or in today's entertainment climate, is it too risky to be gone for a year or so? Out of sight, out of mind?

by Anonymousreply 5711/18/2017

If she wouldn’t keep endlessly bringing it up, it would have been long forgotten by now.

by Anonymousreply 5811/18/2017

First of all, she's disturbing to look at, and I'm pretty sure she did that by design.

Secondly, she's a gigantic fucking drama queen. Shut the fuck up, bitch. There are people in the world with real problems. She could step away today for good and live a fine lifestyle for the rest of her life. A better one than 99% of American have.

Or, she could've laid low for six months, and then came back slowly. But no, she decided to have a public tantrum and meltdown, that will only serve to lengthen whatever kind of showbiz exile she thinks she's in. It reminds me of those whacked out fan club tapes Mariah Carey made during her breakdown. Which, I believe Kathy mocked with no mercy.

She's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5911/18/2017

Can't somebody help her with those eyebrows? They just make things worse and I can't take my eyes off them when I watch her

by Anonymousreply 6011/18/2017

She looks fat.

by Anonymousreply 6111/18/2017

Wow, Martin Short sure has let himself go.

by Anonymousreply 6211/18/2017

Did she sink all her cash into buying her house?

Is that why she has to do this tour?

by Anonymousreply 6311/18/2017

She's a mess. If she has received advice on how to handle this well, she is ignoring it. The Trump thing is not the issue so much any more. It's still there, I'm not dismissing it but I don't know if she could have recovered from that or not. Possibly she could have if she had immediately jumped into something else. Had she done something for someone other than herself, as suggested above. Instead she wallowed in self-pity and gave a ridiculous interview in which she cried like a baby and looked ridiculous sobbing over the consequences of her behavior.

I think she sounded her own death knell when she made that idiotic video where she dragged through the mud everyone who has ever tried to help her. She is not capable of the self awareness that would allow her to see that the problem is her. She wants to blame everyone so that she has no accountability. She's too fucked up to see that she crossed the line and, had she handled it differently, this would all be over by now.

The thing about Kathy and Joan Rivers...I believe Joan was her inspiration but Joan would be disgusted by Kathy right now. She would have told her that, instead of acting so pathetic, she should have shown up at that ill-advised presser with that head. She should have said that what should be getting all the media attention is the way Trump is 'leading.' Then she should have downed a glass of wine and tossed that head to the reporters. Joan would not have turned tail and hid. She never did. When she had tough times, she stormed through it and rebuilt her career. Kathy is showing herself incapable of doing such a thing.

Kathy has turned herself in a joke - a very sad joke.

by Anonymousreply 6411/18/2017

Is her mother to old and frail to have her committed?

by Anonymousreply 6511/18/2017

I would have advised her to do this. In a YouTube video to downplay the circus atmosphere. Being stylishly yet modestly dressed. In a calm tone just say: "It was a heated election cycle this year. Perhaps I got a little to emotionally invested in it for my own good. As a comedienne I've always dealt with problems through my humor. It just went flat this time. It's happened before and it will happen again. I want to truly apologize to the president and his family and anyone else who might have been hurt or upset by my skit. Thank you for listening."

THEN NEVER SPOKE OF IT AGAIN. If asked just say: "I've already addressed that it's time for all of us to move on".

She'd didn't ask though.

by Anonymousreply 6611/18/2017

R65, yes and Kathy is the alpha in that relationship anyway. I'm surprised that she has NO one in her life who will take her by the hand and have a come to Jesus moment with her. Stop the madness and embrace the blank calendar! Sell that fucking house; it's gotta be a money pit of fees, taxes and maintenance. Divest, live a simpler life and regroup.

by Anonymousreply 6711/18/2017

I always felt like Kathy bullied her mother a bit

by Anonymousreply 6811/18/2017

I’m TeamKathy but if Don Knotts transitioned, that’s would be her.

by Anonymousreply 6911/18/2017

Why is she giving Andi so much rent in her head?

by Anonymousreply 7011/18/2017

I LOVE her hair AND the Anorexia. And the craziness. Keep it coming Kathy!!!!👍🏻

by Anonymousreply 7111/18/2017

R4 is right. Her whole career was built on kicking other women while they were down. Trying to recast herself as a feminist hero is laughable, at best.

by Anonymousreply 7211/18/2017

I agree with the poster who said she should take a year off - or more. Sell that big mansion and take a year or two or three to find herself beyond being desperate to be rich and famous. Joan was also unable to think beyond the next gig and desperation for the spotlight and acceptance. Kathy is rich enough to buy a normal house and still live a fabulous life while never working again (which I'm not suggesting) but she should go away and think long and hard about WHY she does what she does and why she so desperately needs to be on the road working constantly. She seems incapable of chilling and being with herself without the "fame" thing feeding her insanity. She could take a few years to look into producing OTHER people's shows. Or not.

by Anonymousreply 7311/18/2017

She just needs to stop. Take 6 months off. Stop committing career suicide. Jeebus, is she off her meds?

by Anonymousreply 7411/18/2017

Journalists know other journalists who have been beheaded, and they take depictions of beheadings seriously.

A group of Christians were beheaded by ISIS and our country could do nothing about it.

Some of our contractors overseas were beheaded and terrorists released the horrific videos for all to see about ten years ago.

The people who behead people also blow people up, shoot people, and plow trucks into crowds and kill people.

Kathy can't seem to understand that most people, no matter how much they dislike Trump, do not condone, nor do they want to professionally associate themselves with someone who thinks depicting a beheading is okay.

Why doesn't she get this?

by Anonymousreply 7511/18/2017

So true about selling that giant white elephant of a house and get something smaller, or a nice condo. That house has to be a huge financial drain.

by Anonymousreply 7611/18/2017

I'm not seeing how anything that's happened to her this year is because she's a woman.

by Anonymousreply 7711/18/2017

Maybe she wants to stay out on tour because she pissed her neighbor off

by Anonymousreply 7811/18/2017

I hear everyone on her street hates her. She's some kind of nuisance or something.

by Anonymousreply 7911/18/2017

Exactly R27 she's NOT our ally, never has been, or will be.

by Anonymousreply 8011/18/2017

She just needs to hang on until Trump hung himself, then she will be touted as brave and ahead of her time!

by Anonymousreply 8111/18/2017

FYI, Lady Bird Johnson mean spirited, vindictive, self-serving narcissist and despicably racist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8211/18/2017

Sounds like you're describing Lady Clinton Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8311/18/2017

R83 As opposed to a cheap whore like Lady Melanoma Drumpf.

by Anonymousreply 8411/18/2017

yes. as opposed to her.

by Anonymousreply 8511/18/2017

She hasn't been blacklisted. She made herself notorious, so people don't want to hire her.

Blacklisting is when actual lists are circulated containing names of people both famous and little-known who are to be banned from working in a particular field.

In other words, famous people can't be blacklisted, because everyone already knows who they are. The blacklist enables the banning of people who haven't actively offended, which is why it's so insidious. In effect, it tells management whom to hate.

by Anonymousreply 8611/18/2017

R86 You make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 8711/18/2017

I remember when she would mercilessly out Clay Aiken constantly...before he was ready. It's not like he was making anti-gay comments; he was just a shy kid with a secret who was suddenly thrust into the spotlight. Imagine after hearing kids make those cracks at him during his school years, he had to deal with Kathy making those cracks to a nationwide community. Perhaps Kathy thinks she was helping the community ("my gays") by outing him. But Clay WAS part of the community, and she bullied him in front of the whole world. WTF. Not so gay-friendly.

Kathy was acting like the victim in the media even before the Trump episode. Earlier this year, she suggested that Ellen was anti-feminist because Ellen refused to have Kathy as a guest on her show. Maybe Ellen didn't want to have to endure Kathy's schtick of overrunning the host, and maybe Ellen didn't want to give Kathy any fuel for her act. That doesn't mean that "Ellen doesn't want to help other women".

I'm not Kathy's biggest fan, but I don't think she deserves to lose her career over this. I don't know what the answer is. I think she should try to get a monthly column for an infotainment website, where she would focus on comedy and politics. Do it for free even. Move to Washington DC. Watch a bunch of CNN...uh, better make that MSNBC (to avoid AC); become an expert on politics. Work that into her act. It would be like Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert going on the road. It would be a hell of a lot funnier than talking about the reality housewives.

by Anonymousreply 8811/18/2017

Kathy Griffin reminds me of that other 'comedian' Russell Brand who only 2 years or so ago abandoned a Messiah Complex theme and thought taking taking that theme on tour in the Middle East, South Africa, Europe etc would be a great idea. Specifically, he said figures like Jesus, Malcolm X, Ghandi and how these figures are signficant culturally and how icons are appropriated and used to designate meaning perhaps not in the way they intended.

Whaaaaa?

When quizzed about it on Morning Joe, Brand deflected.

Brand probably realized he was trying to create stand up comedy out of pretty contentious subject matter. Never heard anything more about his grand plan to take this on tour. Silence. Instead, he got hitched and had a baby.

Same thing applies to Griffin. People want to be entertained. Enough with the dragging the enemies through the dirt. I don't think she's got the smarts as reflected in the absence of emotional intelligence, finger on the cultural, political and social pulse-smarts to take her act to the level where it needs to go. Therein lies the panic.

If Griffin was really smart, she'd be 3 steps ahead of everyone and milking it. Instead, she's getting squished like a bug, derided by peers in her own industry by being isolated and tossed to the curb.

Hitting your head repeatedly against a brick wall ought to hurt. At what point will Griffin stop hitting her head and realize she's playing a losing game. And a dangerous one at that.

by Anonymousreply 8911/18/2017

I find this sad. It’s like she really believes that she has no life to live because no one wants to book her on American TV. She could live off her savings and volunteer part time. Empty vessel

by Anonymousreply 9011/18/2017

Bill Maher has had Sarah Silverman on when she's gone too far with racist "jokes". I wonder if he will invite Kathy onto his show and allow her a one-on-one conversation with him where he shows understanding while she explains herself...

by Anonymousreply 9111/18/2017

Ok, her career imploded because of a foolish act that she didn't really think through all that well beforehand, her sister died of cancer a few months later, all while she, said sister, and elderly mother were subjected to death threats. Throw in the federal investigation, and yeah you know what? I think I'd go a little crazy too.

by Anonymousreply 9211/18/2017

I think I'd go to the beach.

by Anonymousreply 9311/18/2017

R87: Fuck yourself, moron.

by Anonymousreply 9411/18/2017

Pointless exercise, r91. Griffin would proceed to hijack the show by:

1. Ranting about her frustration with the usual suspects. Or...

2. Declare her international tour was a great success and the U.S. doesn't appreciate her. Or......

3. Start sniffling then bawling her eyes out "I'm just a comedian. Want to make people laugh " .

by Anonymousreply 9511/18/2017

She's got to shut up now. She's draining public goodwill.

by Anonymousreply 9611/18/2017

I never really found her funny, I am enjoying train wreck Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 9711/18/2017

I am surprised she is unable to secure US tour dates. I happily pay $40 to $100 to see her in my area when my schedule allows. I cannot imagine a significant percentage of her base cares about the transgressive image. It seems to me that tour dates have more to do with security concerns given the instability of deplorables than inability to sell tickets. If so, perhaps she produces a pay per view or Fathom special where security is a null issue.

by Anonymousreply 9811/18/2017

R66 has the right idea. That's exactly how she should have played it. She'd be touring the US right now and raking it in.

I also agree with R98. The venues are probably more concerned about bomb threats and protests, then whether she can fill the seats.

I wonder if Andy Cooper would have dumped her anyway this NYE in favor of Andy Cohen. They seem to have gotten very chummy lately. Maybe the trump head debacle was a convenient excuse for him and NBC to cut ties with Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 9911/19/2017

R66 nailed it. What a pity she didn't have good people like R66 advising her. But it's too late now unfortunately .

by Anonymousreply 10011/19/2017

She should move to London and get a regular gig on one of those comedy programmes like 'Have I Got news For You', 'Mock the Week', or 'QI'. Mo Gaffney, Ruby Wax and Joan Rivers have all done well in the UK; Griffin's humour wouldn't be out of place.

by Anonymousreply 10111/19/2017

[quote]Journalists know other journalists who have been beheaded, and they take depictions of beheadings seriously.

The people who deliberately overreacted (like you have been) by equating a mask covered in ketchup with an actual beheading really, really need some help.

The mere fact that it was a mask stuffed to make it look like a head does not in any way mean it's just like the journalists or hostages who were beheaded.

KG's photo was in bad taste, but the style of the photo and her own appearance in it recalled 1960s hag horror films and the French Revolution, and little else. She was in an old-fashioned pussy bow blouse without a drop of blood on her. There was nothing, absolutely NOTHING, in the photos that resembled a terrorist murdering an innocent civilian.

But people spoke about the photo as though it were a real head, that it was just like photos of terrorist atrocities, that it was exactly the same as holding up the head of a real dead animal, etc. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 10211/19/2017

[quote]Kathy was acting like the victim in the media even before the Trump episode.

She's been really discombobulated ever since the Fashion Police thing. It was a disaster, from her being outed as having tried to get the job before Joan was even dead, to the dreadlocks joke thing where it looked like she just threw Giuliana under the bus. A few months later a writer on Fashion Police said KG got him fired, and Melissa Rivers was trashing KG in the press about that time, too.

Since then, she's been a mess. I'm sure she's worked herself into a panic at this point. It doesn't help that her sister died and her mother is a Trump supporter. It's got to be tough but she needs to just stop and regroup.

by Anonymousreply 10311/19/2017

She really needs to go away for awhile, stay off Twitter, grow her hair out and get some rest.

by Anonymousreply 10411/19/2017

Maybe Harvey Weinstein can produce a movie for her called "Headless".

by Anonymousreply 10511/19/2017

She looks awful. Does she have cancer?

by Anonymousreply 10611/19/2017

This is career suicide. The only way to turn it around is to go all the way with public urination/public defecation, flashing her vagina while drunk and/or an appearance with the severed head during a show where she starts humping the severed head while saying the Pledge of Allegiance. By the way, I hereby copyright that last idea. If she does the head hump while saying the pledge, she owes me millions.

by Anonymousreply 10711/19/2017

I like her. I don't get why her backlash went as far as it did. That was way extreme. I'm not saying she's handling it well, but damn - she didn't deserve to be pummeled continuously. I hope she comes back.

by Anonymousreply 10811/19/2017

It's because the backlash is not just to that one photo but how she handled (and continues to handle) the situation.

by Anonymousreply 10911/19/2017

Kathy has made fun of and pissed off a LOT of people, they only needed one thing to pounce (or should I say excuse not to stick up for her) and it was the photo, but Kathy brought it all on herself, no one to blame but her. But knowing Kathy she is just being herself and blaming everyone else but herself. When this all dies down (in a few years maybe), Kathy will blame everyone else again for not telling her not to do it. Same old, same old.

by Anonymousreply 11011/19/2017

I'm loving all this, she's getting what she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 11111/19/2017

Maybe she can start a GoFundMe page.

by Anonymousreply 11211/19/2017

Would Dr. Phil take her on?

She would love the attention that would bring.

by Anonymousreply 11311/19/2017

[quote][R66] nailed it. What a pity she didn't have good people like [R66] advising her. But it's too late now unfortunately .

The problem is Kathy doesn't listen to anybody. At her press conference, she ignored her lawyer's advice, threw out her prepared comments, and decided to wing it. They probably spent a week preparing what to do and say and Kathy threw it all out the window at the last minute. She thinks she knows more than anyone else.

And the Fashion Police situation still doesn't make sense to me. She was mad because the show wanted her to say mean things about the looks of women celebrities? Fine. But since she's a comedian she should have come up with something funny to say about them that had nothing to do with their looks. It's supposed to be part of her skill set.

by Anonymousreply 11411/19/2017

Has Cher turned her back on her?

by Anonymousreply 11511/19/2017

"I'm a star."

by Anonymousreply 11611/19/2017

Oy!...

by Anonymousreply 11711/19/2017

[quote]is the alpha in that relationship anyway

OH, she's the top.

by Anonymousreply 11811/19/2017

This has been posted already, r117.

by Anonymousreply 11911/19/2017

The more she talks, the bigger the hole she digs. No one wants to book a crazy person who is attacking everyone she ever worked with and has nothing to promote. She should try humility and going off camera

by Anonymousreply 12011/19/2017

R66...perfect. So agreed. If she had simply done this, she would still have her career.

by Anonymousreply 12111/19/2017

She's anorectic. As long as she sells out venues, she'll keep this schtick going.>

by Anonymousreply 12211/19/2017

On the next go-round of Will & Grace, I wish they would hire Kathy Griffin for a guest appearance.

Team Kathy no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 12311/19/2017

R123, what if she murdered someone in cold blood?

by Anonymousreply 12411/19/2017

Depends on who she murdered.

by Anonymousreply 12511/19/2017

Well, she murdered her own career.

by Anonymousreply 12611/19/2017

“I just want you guys to know, when I get home, I do not have one single day of work in front of me,” Griffin moaned. “And people that want me to go back and start in [comedy] clubs and do ten minutes again, I don’t mean to be an a**hole, but no. I’m not going to do that. I’ve worked way too hard to go back and work for free and do the club scene again…this is the bulls***, because I’ve been blacklisted.”

Griffin then complained that TV legend Norman Lear sent her fundraising letters and he can’t ask her for money anymore because “my legal bills are through the roof….”

The funnygal said she hoped disenfranchised people would get inspiration from her struggle.

------------------

Normal Lear destroyed me!

by Anonymousreply 12711/19/2017

[R114] The whole Fashion Police schtick made no sense to me either. She did throw Guiliana under the bus. If Joan were alive, Guiliana would not have been sacrificed that way. KG was not a strong enough host to be able to mediate that situation. When she decided to leave (or was asked to leave) she gave the excuse that she didn't want to be on the show because it was 'mean.' She didn't want to make fun of the way stars look. Seriously? KG has built her career on talking about the way celebs look, talk, eat, shop, dress....all of that. Yet suddenly, she doesn't feel right.

I believe she left FP because she was bombing. She wasn't witty or clever. Filling Joan's shoes would be hard for anyone. I know KG thought she was Joan's equal but she wasn't/isn't. Joan had a gift and it's because she wasn't afraid to laugh at herself and at the same time, she said what she meant. KG is much too fragile to be able to laugh at herself. She takes herself very seriously. In this business, it's good to take your work seriously but when you start to take yourself seriously, you are sunk.

by Anonymousreply 12811/19/2017

I think she could still turn it all around, but she needs to back away from touring and all internet enabled devices for a long time before she attempts anything. She needs to just go away, enjoy what she does have, come back refreshed and more relaxed. She could easily come back next year or whatever, do a Black Listed tour or something, but she's going to have to be willing to make fun of herself and her own little meltdown we're all watching here to make it work.

by Anonymousreply 12911/19/2017

People forget Joan Rivers took years to revive her career after her late night failure and her husband's suicide. But if you can change with the time, there is always a way back.

by Anonymousreply 13011/19/2017

I never understood why people revere Joan. She's the epitome of the insult comic.

In any event, Kathy is obviously emotionally fragile and reactive right now. She does need to take a couple years off, address her psychological and physical health issues, and make a well-thought-out comeback. She is not doing herself any favors with this shrill and manic behavior.

by Anonymousreply 13111/19/2017

She has brought up the fact that she is 57 years old, a few times. In one interview (the BBC one, I think), she said she was 57, in a rushed, somewhat strangled tone.

In connection with that, she is saying it's a sprint for her - not a marathon.

Kathy is freaking out, lashing out, and one of the reasons for this is her strongly held belief that something must be done to rectify her situation, NOW, NOW, NOW.

I'm not even sure what she thinks would help, other than getting more money, playing good venues, and having work as an in-demand comedian as far as her eyes can see. That seems, to me, to be the bottom line, as far as what she actually wants.

by Anonymousreply 13211/19/2017

She needs to get her health together, she looks sickly.

by Anonymousreply 13311/19/2017

She really wanted a TV show or at the very least regular TV appearances. She feels she deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 13411/19/2017

R134 So does every other comic.

by Anonymousreply 13511/19/2017

Kathy’s career is over. Period. She’s never getting it back. Now move forward from there.

by Anonymousreply 13611/19/2017

I'm still curious as to what brought about that fainting spell on stage in Dublin. Ever since then, she's been on a mad tear across Europe appearing on any talk show that'll have her to drum up more publicity. She repeats the same drivel over and over again, not only interrupting hosts but hijacking interviews. And there a deeply menacing tone in her voice, behind the words.

I find her manner distasteful and not at all entertaining.

As to the fainting, that's extreme nervous exhaustion. As one audience member in Dublin remarked, Griffin's dialogue was meandering, unfocused and not connecting with the crowd.

Not a good place to be in.

by Anonymousreply 13711/19/2017

And that's why she's now spewing venom at the U.S. talk show host Degeneres, r134. On an international tour where most don't know Andy Cohen, Zuckerberg, or even Anderson Cooper, etc. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 13811/19/2017

Jesus, the ego..."“And people that want me to go back and start in [comedy] clubs and do ten minutes again, I don’t mean to be an a**hole, but no. I’m not going to do that. I’ve worked way too hard to go back and work for free and do the club scene again…" Seriously???? Who does she think she is?

by Anonymousreply 13911/19/2017

Jon Lovitz has his own comedy club, maybe she could do that.

by Anonymousreply 14011/19/2017

R140 He's such an ugly short troll.

by Anonymousreply 14111/19/2017

Yeah, but so is Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 14211/19/2017

Griffin wants the same adulation, money and fame that Degeneres has.

by Anonymousreply 14311/19/2017

Doing that photo shoot was collosally stupid. Maybe Kathy just isn't very intelligent. Her immaturity is finishing her off, though.

by Anonymousreply 14411/19/2017

[quote] Doing that photo shoot was collosally stupid

At the time it was pointed out the photographer is a Scientologist and there were suggestions this whole thing was a set-up by them to take down Kathy. Who knows how history might have changed if she had spoken more respectfully about Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 14511/19/2017

R144 Time and opinion change. It will be considered "brave" once Trump is toppled.

by Anonymousreply 14611/19/2017

Joan Rivers made her comeback by selling jewelry on TV. She was a big name star whose name could sell product. Griffin has nothing to fall back on and should just finish her downward spiral until she's spit out the bottom of the porn industry.

by Anonymousreply 14711/19/2017

KG porn would make millions

by Anonymousreply 14811/19/2017

Griffin's latest YouTube (Nov 18) because "a lot of you think I have lost my mind."

by Anonymousreply 14911/19/2017

R148 If she were a big name, she wouldn't be hocking jewelry on on tv. She had some name recognition left after her fall from grace, so she went and rebuild her "brand" back up from the bottom. Even after all that, she never got another network show. She was strictly cable, and was still doing Youtube chat videos until she died.

by Anonymousreply 15011/19/2017

[quote]At the time it was pointed out the photographer is a Scientologist and there were suggestions this whole thing was a set-up by them to take down Kathy.

So he had a gun pointed at her forcing her to do it? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 15111/19/2017

I can't wait to experience her shame when her house gets foreclosed on.

by Anonymousreply 15211/19/2017

Now you're getting desperate Kathy (R145). You weren't coerced.

Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 15311/19/2017

The 'see how I'm smiling' smile.

by Anonymousreply 15411/19/2017

Is she confusing black listed with career dive?

by Anonymousreply 15511/19/2017

Kathy is more entertaining than Ellen. daytime at least.

by Anonymousreply 15611/19/2017

[quote]At the time it was pointed out the photographer is a Scientologist and there were suggestions this whole thing was a set-up by them to take down Kathy. Who knows how history might have changed if she had spoken more respectfully about Tom Cruise.

Whew!

by Anonymousreply 15711/19/2017

Is she dying? Anorexic? Not taking her meds?

What a hot freaking 😵 mess !

by Anonymousreply 15811/19/2017

"Throw her a bone" r2 ?

How about a few burgers ?

by Anonymousreply 15911/19/2017

Joan Rivers played 75 seat venues in NYC. You do what you have to to revive your career. She needs to go away for a long time and if she still wants to be in show business come back with a completely different character. No more nasty....she turned everyone off.

by Anonymousreply 16011/19/2017

Interesting time machine chat.....

by Anonymousreply 16111/19/2017

Andy was right in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 16211/19/2017

They are both fighting over who loves her most in the clip.

by Anonymousreply 16311/19/2017

It sure didn't have to be R136. If only she had done what R66 suggested.

I liked her. Liked her - not so much now. But is anyone in touch with her? Is there anyone who can give her some sage advice? She really needs it otherwise she her career is completely over.

by Anonymousreply 16411/19/2017

I think Kathy's going to really go overboard soon, her mental health in in the bin.

by Anonymousreply 16511/20/2017

She’s a elf on the shelf looking no talent Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 16611/20/2017

Sinead O'Connor?

by Anonymousreply 16711/20/2017

What is that face? Is itsurgery, make up or both?

by Anonymousreply 16811/20/2017

Expect a shit ton more crazy when she gets back to the states and the reality of her not having a single appearance scheduled sets in. She'll do the only thing she can do - more YouTube videos and tweets...anything to stay on some sort of radar. She's going to become even more vocal because nobody is booking her and she has no outlet.

On a side note, in that video above she asked people to go easy on her friend, Lens Dunham... which irked me. Standing up for the fat blob that doesn't wipe properly is doing her no favors either.

by Anonymousreply 16911/20/2017

Exactly R90 she needs to retire and stop being such a famewhore. Her time as a D list celebrity is over.

by Anonymousreply 17011/20/2017

I agree with the above poster about the money situation - if I had millions of dollars in the bank, I would just sit on my ass for the rest of my life and be perfectly content with that.

by Anonymousreply 17111/20/2017

People like Kathy never have more than $11.00 in the bank.

by Anonymousreply 17211/20/2017

R153, I don't know if R145 was trying to defend her or not, but the photographer IS a clam. He probably wasn't trying to set her up but I would say that simply being a clam means he doesn't have great intellect, and the mask WAS his idea.

KG should have known better, definitely, but the rumors that it was a set-up have been around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 17311/20/2017

She's really an ugly person.

by Anonymousreply 17411/20/2017

The only thing left for her to do is to borrow Sean Young's catsuit.

by Anonymousreply 17511/20/2017

She should book herself at the mall for Christmas with Santa .Kids could take pictures with a Real Elf on the Shelf LMAO ! The Trump head was horrible when real people are being slaughtered and most Americans are horrified by that image,but that isn't what killed her career.Talking shit about everyone who gave her work is what killed her career ! She needs to take 6 months away from all media and take stock in herself and some time away.People might miss her and accept her back.She always did the porn awards ,maybe they will still book her.

by Anonymousreply 17611/20/2017

For somebody who has never smoked, drank, took drugs and has had a shit-ton of cosmetic surgery, she looks like absolute shit.

by Anonymousreply 17711/20/2017

Kathy must feel like she's living in a horror movie. First Andy steals her show (the one she wished she had). Then he steals her NYE gig. The he swats her away like a gnat by denying her existence ("I don't know her"). Then she takes the gloves off to fight back by exposing him as a druggie, a shallow user and a tiny meat (all true) only to find out no one cares. Then she has to deal with the fact that he's been signed to his show for 3 more years.

by Anonymousreply 17811/20/2017

She needs to cool it with the passive aggressive "look how bad I have it" tweets. Nobody responds to that positively.

Jesus what is she thinking ?

by Anonymousreply 17911/20/2017

Is she a borderline personality,?

by Anonymousreply 18011/20/2017

R180 I believe she is.

by Anonymousreply 18111/20/2017

Here's a tweet from earlier today.

[quote]Yep, in Cologne Germany. Having morning coffee while doing my laundry with a blow dryer in the sink in the hotel. Can you even imagine one of the male comedians (in my category), to Emmys, a Grammy, 23 specials, touring like this??? Screw it I love it!

I like her but she's really starting to wear on me with this woman crap. As if only women have used a hair dryer to dry damp clothes?

by Anonymousreply 18211/20/2017

I just used a hair dryer to dry a spilled drink on my pants in the bathroom at a friend’s house last night.

Someone get me the Presidential Medal of Freedom and/or an Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 18311/20/2017

Because no men have ever washed their socks and underwear and dried them with a hair dryer in a hotel sink?

by Anonymousreply 18411/20/2017

Isn't Kathy due to release another YouTube video? I'm waiting.

by Anonymousreply 18511/20/2017

[quote]KG should have known better, definitely, but the rumors that it was a set-up have been around for a while.

Hope Kathy the feminist doesn't perpetuate this rumor.

by Anonymousreply 18611/20/2017

[quote]Is she a borderline personality,?

If she is, being ignored by Andy and everyone else she's gone after is probably driving her mad.

by Anonymousreply 18711/20/2017

In the video after Kathy says that Lena Dunham's female partner was handpicked for her by Judd Apatow, Kathy whines, "Nobody's ever hand picked anybody for me." Her continual victim mentality does nothing for the advancement of feminism.

by Anonymousreply 18811/20/2017

BORDERLINE?

by Anonymousreply 18911/20/2017

Yes, I believe she is borderline. They are always the victim and never see their own part in anything.

by Anonymousreply 19011/20/2017

True R172.

I'm not sure if she's borderline, but she's annoying and I never liked her comedy.

by Anonymousreply 19111/20/2017

As she continues to meltdown, she'll become more and more openly homophobic. She really thinks a cabal of evil homos have conspired against her. She can't be more wrong.

In reality, Andy Cohen's bosses and the senior executives of programming at Bravo are women. Maybe Kathy's fans thinks "BravoAndy" runs the network, but he doesn't.

Rachel Smith. Frances Berwick. Let's see if she name checks them for keeping her off Bravo's airwaves in the next one of her loony conspiracy videos.

Anderson Cooper is also not a CNN executive. He's on-air talent who doesn't even get exec producer credit on AC360. Jeff Zucker makes the big decisions, but there is a whole list of women higher than AC who also can't stand Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 19211/20/2017

Vienna, Cologne. Wow- very impressive European Tour! Travelling from city to city in a train for 1 night stands?- or Easy Jet? Good thing she remembered to bring her electricity converter for her hair dryer! Wait till TMZ gets a hold of her after she lands in LA!!!!!! Will she talk?

by Anonymousreply 19311/20/2017

Why the fuck does she keep going on about how many Emmy awards she has as if they mean anything to anyone in the real world? Is she so desperate for validation (poor parenting?) that she not only thinks an award means something but feels the need to bring it up every five minutes?

She's like one of those annoying types who gives you a case of the eye rolls every time they "casually remind you" that they have a Ph D.

Does she use her Emmys as dildos (while weeping) on those lonely nights? Seems like it the way she carries on about them all the time. She mentions her Emmys more than she's ever mentioned any of her alleged boyfriends. Sad twat.

by Anonymousreply 19411/20/2017

[quote] Does she use her Emmys as dildos (while weeping) on those lonely nights? Seems like it the way she carries on about them all the time.

Perhaps you're thinking about the more streamlined and phallic Oscar (Academy Award)?

by Anonymousreply 19511/20/2017

Oh Kathy, Kathy, Kathy. The time to decide to handle all of this with "aplomb and a sense of humor" is long past. You had your moment at that ill-advised presser where you lost your fucking mind, sobbing about how he 'broke' you. You were not professional in the least and, in case no one told you, that presser was meant to help your career, not bury it deeper. You are doing that all on your own.

I believe KG does have Borderline Personality Disorder. That's why she lashed out at all those people who 'didn't help' her and continues with these sad YT vids. She is screaming for attention. She needs to be the star, to know that everyone wants to make her happy. She hasn't realized I guess that Hollywood, of all places, could not care less if you are taken care of. If you are a comic, you're funny, and you haven't taken a dump on someone's desk, you can probably get some kind of work, especially if you have a pretty good track record which KG did until the Trump pic. KG did the equivalent of taking a dump on someone's desk. Everyone's desk. It's the Jeff Zucker shit that will kill her, though. She can never take back those words and people do not want to work with someone they can't trust. If one is a big enough name and box office draw, a lot of bad behavior will be tolerated and glossed over. KG has never been in that kind of a power position, not even when she was at her peak.

I don't believe the majority of Americans were shocked at seeing that image of her with the ketchup-y mask. We see far worse everyday in the name of entertainment. Some who have lost loved ones to beheading may have been disturbed by it but I don't believe most were. I think the Republicans saw a Hollywood liberal doing something they could use to show how awful and bloodthirsty Dems are and they ran with it. I think that, if she had kept her cool and made the presser a statement of power and bravado, she would not have lost her career. What cost her work is the way she handled the aftermath. The tears, the victimization, the lashing out all show her to be mentally unstable. Who the fuck wants to work with that?

She is in a spiral. Her behavior is off-putting, to say the least, and as people continue to desert her in droves, her acting out will increase. She is hoping that some industry exec will have compassion and give her job. She is hoping that her legion of fans will harass everyone in Hollywood until someone gives this poor little understood woman a break with a network special or guest spot, whatever. The more she tries to grasp at straws the further and faster people will run from her.

There is nothing sexy about the stench of failure.

by Anonymousreply 19611/20/2017

What's her Q score?

by Anonymousreply 19711/20/2017

by Anonymousreply 19811/20/2017

I agree with most of your post, R196. But this:

[quote]I don't believe the majority of Americans were shocked at seeing that image of her with the ketchup-y mask. We see far worse everyday in the name of entertainment. Some who have lost loved ones to beheading may have been disturbed by it but I don't believe most were. I think the Republicans saw a Hollywood liberal doing something they could use to show how awful and bloodthirsty Dems are and they ran with it.

I disagree. The country was (is) very divided, and many people on the left, including journalists, were insinuating death threats against Trump after the election. There were violent demonstrations throughout the country, celebrities (especially comedians for some reason) were crying and melting down publicly, Kathy's photo WAS shocking to a lot of people because it went one step further, and her timing couldn't have been worse. I believe that if Hillary had won and the right had demonstrated violently and destroyed property in multiple cities, and if conservative journalists were tweeting their hopes for her death and advocating violence against her supporters, and then a celebrity posed with a depiction of her beheading, the left would have lost its mind.

by Anonymousreply 19911/20/2017

[quote]I love seeing Kathy making her personal YouTube statements. I think she's great and still very funny.

Nothing she's said in any of her recent Youtube videos has been even remotely funny. She just comes across as panicked and/or manic.

by Anonymousreply 20011/20/2017

"I just want to make people laugh!"

"I don't want to do free shows."

by Anonymousreply 20111/20/2017

She should have the head in every video, once Trump is over it will be seen as an iconic image, it kind of is already. Hated as she obviously is, thanks to the head she will always be at least a footnote in the Trump story and the demise of America which will keep her name alive long after Joan Rivers is totally forgotten .Deceased comedians are as dust, even the once legendary... who even refers to Bob Hope anymore?. I would like to add I have never found Griffin funny and her dishing on celebs act was unbelievably lame, but even if she dies of anorexia or nervous exhaustion as a result of it the head will give her a kind of immortality.

by Anonymousreply 20211/20/2017

Well, Kathy finally got an offer back in the States. Bill O'Reilly asked her to be on his podcast to discuss being blacklisted!

But, Kathy turned him down. And she called him Billy McRapey! Burn...

by Anonymousreply 20311/20/2017

That wasn't even a funny response. She's turning into one of those people who thinks all it takes to be funny is to insult someone.

by Anonymousreply 20411/20/2017

[quote]She's turning into one of those people who thinks all it takes to be funny is to insult someone.

Yeah, like a Kathy Griffin routine.

by Anonymousreply 20511/20/2017

She has got to stop talking about the housewives and tv shows she thinks all gays are watching, my bf and I were lost and had to tune out of the last half of her act....

by Anonymousreply 20611/20/2017

2k likes vs 11k dislikes. OUCH! I subscribed just to watch her crash & burn.

by Anonymousreply 20711/20/2017

[quote] She's turning into one of those people who thinks all it takes to be funny is to insult someone.

Like a woke late night "comedy" talk-show host.

by Anonymousreply 20811/20/2017

[quote]Yeah, like a Kathy Griffin routine.

She used to be a lot better. Her timing and observations were good and she displayed some wit. She's been on a steady decline for years.

by Anonymousreply 20911/20/2017

In happier news, she finally sold her house. She made about $1.64 million on the deal.

by Anonymousreply 21011/20/2017

That's not much of a profit after 13 years in the Hollywood Hills. And if she did any remodeling, she made even less than $1.64 million.

And, ouch... Variety hasn't adopted Kathy's terminology about the Trump "mask covered with ketchup":

[quote]the sassy, sharp-tongued two-time Emmy winner who now claims she’s been blacklisted in Hollywood over [bold]a macabre photo she took with a bloody, fake severed head of Donald Trump[/bold],

Variety also calls her a beleaguered insult comic. Yikes. Nothing about her now being a warrior for feminism and the LBGT community.

by Anonymousreply 21111/20/2017

My video about Variety will be out soon, R211. They will regret their choice of words.

by Anonymousreply 21211/20/2017

What Griffin expects to be met by when she returns to the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 21311/21/2017

The Reality when Griffin returns home.

by Anonymousreply 21411/21/2017

Welcome Home, Kathy!

by Anonymousreply 21511/21/2017

[quote]She should have the head in every video, once Trump is over it will be seen as an iconic image

Nope.

[quote]but even if she dies of anorexia or nervous exhaustion as a result of it the head will give her a kind of immortality.

R202. You are seriously deranged if you think her (or anyone's) biggest concern is how they are viewed after the are long dead. Who gives a fuck? She can't walk down the street, get any kind of work or pay her bills in the here and now.

by Anonymousreply 21611/21/2017

Everything that ever goes wrong in her life is BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN!!!

by Anonymousreply 21711/21/2017

Men don't whine and carry on like this.

by Anonymousreply 21811/21/2017

[quote]Exactly [R27] she's NOT our ally, never has been, or will be.

Kindly FUCK OFF with this bullshit. In fact, she's probably more of an ally than most.

by Anonymousreply 21911/21/2017

She reminds me of the person who owns a store in a Jewish neighborhood and invests in a small plastic menorah to put in the window every year.

She's knows where her bread is buttered and acts accordingly. AmFAR, AIDSWalk, GLAAD Awards ... She even hosted the GayVN Awards.

She's marketing to one of the few consumer bases she can count on.

However, once her gay poodles turn on her (Anderson, Andy, etc.) out come the ever-so-sly homophobic remarks of she/her/heiress etc. Now, we get all of the nasty stereotypes: the pink mafia, the random sexual encounters devoid of intimacy, the "mean girls" (to describe grown men.)

by Anonymousreply 22011/21/2017

R220 knows what's up. Glad I'm not the only one who sees through her bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 22111/21/2017

They ALL basically pounced on Kathy because she has a very long list (both repug and lib) of people that can't stand her. I still think Kathy can be funny but I wouldn't ever want to work with her, the least thing you did, you would be a YouTube topic.

Kathy says after she has shit on someone in her act, that she doesn't like when a celeb doesn't have a sense of humor about themselves, but, she has zoro about herself. Kathy can give it but can't take a little bit back. If you say something a little bit bad about Kathy, she goes nuts. Look at what she was like when Andy said "I don't know her", look at the shit storm she had after THAT! Kathy has very thin skin but wants other to have thick skin when she talks bad about them and then whines when they don't, but then acts like they tried to kill her when they say something which I personally don't think was bad.

I really do believe Kathy has NPD, all the signs are there.

by Anonymousreply 22211/21/2017

[quote] She should move to London and get a regular gig on one of those comedy programmes like 'Have I Got news For You', 'Mock the Week', or 'QI'. Mo Gaffney, Ruby Wax and Joan Rivers have all done well in the UK; Griffin's humour wouldn't be out of place.

Unfortunately, I think this is an incredibly bad idea. She's too fragile, and don't think the public really care for her over there. The British press are merciless on people who are seen to overstep certain boundaries, and there can be horrible "groupthink" within the culture. Those other comedians who needed career rehabilitation and got accepted there had a clean slate to start over with, and were able to adjust their acts for local tastes. They won't be welcoming her with open arms over there.

by Anonymousreply 22311/21/2017

Vulgar, vulgar, vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 22411/21/2017

Kathy Griffin loves the gays as much as Bette Midler who doesn't believe in gay marriage and Cher who kicked her lesbian daughter out of the house.

by Anonymousreply 22511/21/2017

OMG. People aren't gonna hire her because the 'Howdy Doody' look has been passé for years!

by Anonymousreply 22611/21/2017

Re-booting 80's horror films are all the rage.

Call up Anthony Hopkins and let him know it's time to re-make "Magic." We've found the perfect co-star!

by Anonymousreply 22711/21/2017

[quote] Men don't whine and carry on like this.

They just go to rehab.

by Anonymousreply 22811/21/2017

HER POINT: Trump made her into a CRIMINAL. Wake the fuck up before it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 22911/21/2017

r192 The sinister gay cabal...

by Anonymousreply 23011/21/2017

Trump made her a criminal?

[quote] Penalties. Threatening the President of the United States is a class E felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871. The offense is punishable by up to 5 years in prison, a $250,000 maximum fine, a $100 special assessment, and 3 years of supervised release.

She got off pretty easily without criminal charges. But that still left the court of public opinion.

by Anonymousreply 23111/21/2017

I'm sad to say, but put Kathy in the death list for 2018. I'd say she has till the start of next year at the most. Though, at this point, it would not suprise me if she faked her own death, she seems that far gone.

by Anonymousreply 23211/21/2017

Interesting:

[quote]To keep INTERPOL as politically neutral as possible, its charter forbids it, at least in theory, from undertaking interventions or activities of a political, military, religious, or racial nature or involving itself in disputes over such matters. Its work focuses primarily on public safety and battling transnational crimes against humanity, child pornography, cybercrime, drug trafficking, environmental crime, genocide, human trafficking, illicit drug production, piracy, illicit traffic in works of art, intellectual property crime, money laundering, organized crime, corruption, terrorism, war crimes, weapons smuggling, and white-collar crime.

So much neutrality, Interpol.

by Anonymousreply 23311/21/2017
by Anonymousreply 23411/21/2017

"Kathy can give it but can't take a little bit back. If you say something a little bit bad about Kathy, she goes nuts"

Exactly! The Andy Cohen thing was the most minor dig possible and she freaked the fuck out. I remember on her show when she showed her green dress to Jay McCaroll from Project Runway. She asked his opinion and he told her he felt like green on redheads was a little played out. No big deal. But Kathy acted as if he'd horribly insulted her. Another time she was working with a stylist and kept saying how she was a d-lister. Finally the stylist was like, "I get it. You're not exactly Nicole Kidman." Kathy then proceeded to lose her shit even though the stylist was just repeating what Kathy had said about herself.

by Anonymousreply 23511/21/2017

I agree that she is thin skinned but Jay McCarroll was being a rude asshole like he always is. While they were talking he out of nowhere asked if she had cataracts because her eye looked weird. It was from botched lasix. That guy has no social skills.

by Anonymousreply 23611/21/2017

But, Kathy is the woman called (and proudly repeated) Sarah Palin's baby "retarded."

Surely she could have found common ground with fellow rude asshole Jay McCarroll. Disabilities are fair game for TV laughs.

by Anonymousreply 23711/21/2017

60 years old and still as desperate for attention as a selfie-obsessed teenager. How embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 23811/21/2017
by Anonymousreply 23911/21/2017

Ironically, I thinnk Cathy has been the first celeb to fall victim to the onslaught of the Deplorables. She has become the effigy for their cause.

by Anonymousreply 24011/21/2017

I agree with R236. Kathy is too sensitive but those two guys were being cunts.

by Anonymousreply 24111/21/2017

[quote]beleaguered insult comic

I LOVE this. And from Variety yet. I think we should just call her BIC for short. Girl needs to eat a sandwich. She's a stick figure with a bad dye job. She looks like a tampon.

by Anonymousreply 24211/21/2017

Her "half a wine box a day" alcoholic mother is going to end up burying another daughter. Kathy should find her way back to God; He's the only one that can save her.

by Anonymousreply 24311/21/2017

Trump is such a disgusting fucking hypocrite.

[quote]Trump pardons two Thanksgiving turkeys, jokes about killing Obama’s birds

That's an indirect threat, asshole! And I'm sure your retard followers know exactly what you mean. Yet you get a little pissy when some scrawny redhead makes mean jokes about you. Boo fucking hoo!

by Anonymousreply 24411/21/2017

I guess she stopped fighting the advice to sell her home.

Hope she saves her money, because I'm afraid she's done.

Joan came back, but she was a much better comic.

by Anonymousreply 24511/21/2017

She's been running on fumes for years.

by Anonymousreply 24611/21/2017

One of Kathy's latest tweets:

[quote]With Charlie Rose gone the show will do very well with Nora O’Donnell and Gayle King. We have to realize that once we weed out these criminals,there will be plenty of good women and men to do a better job. This change in paradigm will be better for all.

And, here's how Kathy treated a co-worker at her (former) job:

by Anonymousreply 24711/21/2017

by Anonymousreply 24811/21/2017

by Anonymousreply 24911/21/2017

From Kathy's tweet at R247: "With Charlie Rose gone the show will do very well with Nora O’Donnell and Gayle King. We have to realize that once we weed out these criminals,there will be plenty of good women and men to do a better job. This change in paradigm will be better for all."

Kathy can predict a TV show's ratings? How does she have time to form an opinion on just about everything everything while overseas dancing as fast as she can to make a living?

by Anonymousreply 25011/21/2017

Oh, she's kissing up to Gayle King now. Bet she regrets outing her and Oprah in her act all these years.

by Anonymousreply 25111/21/2017

She looks like a fucking burn victim.

by Anonymousreply 25211/21/2017

“CBS This Morning” wants Oprah Winfrey to save the day and fill in for Charlie Rose after he was axed due to a shocking sexual-harassment scandal, sources exclusively tell Page Six.

“They are begging Oprah to fill in,” said a TV insider. “Not full time . . . But they are hoping she’ll do one day, two days, one hour, fill in till Christmas. Anything.”

by Anonymousreply 25311/21/2017

by Anonymousreply 25411/21/2017

She fucked up, by not saying that Trump was like Marie Antoinette & this was statement art

by Anonymousreply 25511/21/2017

If nothing else, Kathy is very popular on DL. Her every ( psychotic) move is chronicled here.

by Anonymousreply 25611/21/2017

Kathy started rubbing me the wrong way after the Jay Leno incident. It particularly annoyed me because she tried to frame it as a feminist issue, as though having a vagina exempted her from taking it back as good as she could dish it.

by Anonymousreply 25711/21/2017

Wonder if Kathy is just a tad disappointed she was never sexually harassed. She could have a field day with accusations, and also a sense of belonging within the entertainment community. She seems all alone right now; no one famous is bonding, or even sympathizing, with her.

by Anonymousreply 25811/21/2017

R256 I know, I'm loving it though.

by Anonymousreply 25911/22/2017

Oh, c'mon R247 et al. That was part of their schtick. He was in on it and they probably rehearsed it.

by Anonymousreply 26011/22/2017

r66 had good advice that would have worked early on, but what could Kathy do at this point?

I think she needs to write a book, My Life on the Black List, and then she can book herself on talk shows to promote the book. But she had better be funny, both in the book, and in the talk show interviews. Then, work politics and current events into her stand-up act. Do a tour of small clubs on the US Coasts. Be hilarious. Word will spread.

Who cares about fake Hollywood friendships? Who cares if some of your old friends think that a small club tour is a downgrade. What matters most is what your fans think. And if you really are a true stand-up comedian, you'll be happy to perform anywhere. I don't understand why Joan Rivers was so loved, but she did have an amazing work ethic.

by Anonymousreply 26111/22/2017

R261, I doubt anyone but us are even following Kathy's story, so I doubt anyone will offer her a book deal, and I doubt anyone will book her on a talkshow. Kathy's future will be along the lines of handcuffing herself to a shopping cart at Walmart for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 26211/22/2017

I agree with r262. I doubt anyone will book Kathy for a talk show any time soon, she has burned too many bridges at this point. Even before her recent troubles, she hadn’t been a guest on those shows in years. Why would anyone book such a loose canon? It’s been a long time coming but she has finally managed to alienate pretty much everyone in the entertainment industry, a situation which predates the Trump photo and explains her career’s decline as much as that last episode.

by Anonymousreply 26311/22/2017

she could still save and build her career. i sent her an email and twitter. its very simple. she is not funny anymore. she needs to be funny again. and lord knows there is tons of material with trump. i told her she IMMEDIATELY needs to call a news conference. but since she is so broke now no lisa bloom but a para legal and no glamorous bev hills , should be culver city court house. she needs to beg forgivness and try to rid herself of the Trump Curse. she will immediately begin to court Tiffany Trump as her new best friend she will adore everything trump and slowing get to Marla who has all the dirt. this will pull her out of the hole she is in. The Trumps are loaded with material. the old Ivanka hairdos and outfits. she needs to do this or she is finished.

by Anonymousreply 26411/22/2017

If you put a suit and bowtie on her, she'd be a twin of that dummy who sat on Paul Winchell's lap.

by Anonymousreply 26511/22/2017

What a terrible idea, r264.

And you sent her an email?

Omg.

by Anonymousreply 26611/22/2017

R266. oh yea and what she is doing now with her pity party is really booking the clubs......R266 go back to macys cashier job and butt out of this. the dresses on aisle 4 need fluffing

by Anonymousreply 26711/22/2017

Yes...what KG needs is another press conference.

by Anonymousreply 26811/22/2017

[quote]Who cares if some of your old friends think that a small club tour is a downgrade. What matters most is what your fans think.

It's not what her friends think, it's what Kathy thinks. She's an entitled snob. Apparently no one's ever told her that life isn't always uphill. And she wouldn't stop to piss on her fans if they were on fire (unless their wallets were on fire, in which case she'd piss on the wallets to try and salvage whatever cash might still be inside). This woman does not care about her fans. 'Like' her on FB and it'll become very evident very fast. It's all about #1: Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 26911/22/2017

She was never very funny to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 27011/22/2017

Do another press conference, Kathy. You can win them over, just be yourself.

by Anonymousreply 27111/22/2017

You don't win over deplorables, newsflash.

by Anonymousreply 27211/22/2017

She sold her house? Cher, who has more money than God, probably made a pity purchase. Never letting her know it was her.

by Anonymousreply 27311/22/2017

"Kathy started rubbing me the wrong way after the Jay Leno incident. It particularly annoyed me because she tried to frame it as a feminist issue, as though having a vagina exempted her from taking it back as good as she could dish it."

She was right. Ugly men need to STFU about women's looks, and both women need to get nastier about men's looks. Drag them through the dirt, these saggy balled gargoyles who harassed every single women who was hoping to find a mentor or a fair shot at developing a career. I mean, Charlie Rose? His face looks like it melted, wonder how long his man boobs are? Franken, that pug-nosed fattie, what with the womanly hips, Al.

by Anonymousreply 27411/22/2017

HI KATHY!

by Anonymousreply 27511/22/2017

We've heard over and over again that Kathy is smart with money. She's invested well. She's sitting on a mountain of cash. She's better off than most other comics.

But, to quote the late Whitney Houston ... Show me the receipts!

I've known quite a few people who where "millionaires"... until the day they weren't. Unless you've seen Kathy's financial statements it could all be smoke and mirrors. No one talks about financial managers who have ripped them off, or the bad investments that went south UNTIL they're checking into an extended-stay motel because all their money is gone and they can't maintain the illusion.

Everyone compares her to Joan Rivers when she panics about "having an empty calendar in 2018" but I suspect it could be more than just a drive to be constantly working. Kathy might really be in dire financial straights.

by Anonymousreply 27611/22/2017

DL is the only place that anyone talks...or cares....about Kathy Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 27711/22/2017

well . . . it's different than talking or caring about her. we like to kick her when she's down.

by Anonymousreply 27811/22/2017

DL is the perfect place to display that gays are the first to turn on you. they are like bitchy little broads. which is why i keep my straight male friends very close. i can depend on them. homosexuals and straight women (watch the housewive shows) are all just little bitches. i see them at the gym. ..equinox and the homosexual men especially in towns like west hollywood , los angeles, are just little bitches. gossipy little queens who know nothing about loyalty , character, morals, i have watched them for years. never let a queen get close or most straight women. think andy cohen and anderson cooper and any housewife off bravo. be warned they are all disloyal little cunts. too much female energy. if you want a good loyal friend . stick with most straight men and lesbians. my sister is a lesbian and almost all my friends straight males. you can depend and trust them with their word and actions.

by Anonymousreply 27911/22/2017

Right r279, we need more loyal people like Kathy, who fucking cock shamed a good friend of hers for a harmless joke he made and actually tried to get him fired. That's the lowest fucking thing you can do, fuck with someone's livelihood, for that he should never speak to her again.

by Anonymousreply 28011/22/2017

Kathy's latest tweets:

[quote]I want to be very clear to my actual followers and human beings who are fans. My timeline is flooded with “Bot Farms” and extreme Trump fans. Don’t be discouraged and read my timeline and think I am universally hated. They are both very organized.

[quote]So I’m hearing from my pals who know social media far better than I do that in fact simply the words “Kathy” and “Griffin” are trigger words for these groups. So no matter what I post, whether it’s about Trump or not they mobilize

Trump supporters are flooding Kathy's timeline on social media? Doubt they even remember her. It's been months since the severed-head photo. There are organized groups trying to take Kathy down via social media? I don't know, but Kathy is sounding paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 28111/22/2017

[quote]homosexual men especially in towns like west hollywood , los angeles, are just little bitches. gossipy little queens who know nothing about loyalty.

Actually, gays are known by the marketing industry for being extremely brand loyal. But like with everything in life, you can be pushed too far. None of us ever said wedding vows to Ms. Griffin. We're allowed to change our minds in the face of new (cray!) information.

by Anonymousreply 28211/22/2017

She needs to do a Head & Shoulders commercial.

by Anonymousreply 28311/22/2017

Head & Shoulders, R283? That's a pretty major product. You're being generous.

Let's debunk the myth of "The Trump photo destroyed Kathy Griffin's career." She was such a D-list nobody her only endorsement deal at the time was Squatty Potty, who subsequently dumped her.

She had zero TV shows (scripted, or reality) and zero televised stand-up specials in the pipeline. At one time, Griffin was a cast member on an NBC sitcom during the era when the network was #1 in comedy, and had a record number of stand-up specials on Bravo. She derailed her career loonnngg before Trump was even elected.

Her only televised gig was the CNN's New Year's Eve. After calling up network chief Jeff Zucker to demand more money and launching into a profanity-laced tirade (by her own admission, and against her agents' advice) Kathy was effectively a dead woman walking at CNN. The Trump photo was the perfect reason to officially terminate her.

Her other television connection was with the E! Network. That's dead because she screwed over Joan Rivers' daughter AND has spent over a decade gay-baiting "Miss Seacrest" the exec behind the network's most profitable franchises.

Basically, she'd been reduced to being a road comic for quite some time (albeit, a profitable one.)

Her last ditch attempt at re-incarnation is as some feminist, pro-LGBTQ anti-Trump warrior. The industry that knows her ain't buying it. The silence of female comics, who are vocally anti-Trump and pro-women's rights is particularly telling. Kathy Griffin has been burning bridges and spewing poison since the '90's and now it's finally destroyed her.

by Anonymousreply 28411/22/2017

@284 Well said.

by Anonymousreply 28511/22/2017

R284 summed the situation perfectly: Kathy has been toxic for a long time, way before the Trump pic. That stunt was only the last straw that precipitated her collapse. She has been throwing people under the bus using them as material for her act and alienating former friends and allies for years, and she’s now reaping what she sowed.

by Anonymousreply 28611/22/2017

Kathy and Sinead should do a sitcom together, The Really Odd Couple.

Those Irish lasses are wild!

by Anonymousreply 28711/22/2017

Coming up in "Kathy Griffith Jelly Wrestles the Stars".....

Kathy takes on Love .....Courtney Love.

by Anonymousreply 28811/22/2017

From the looks of her, she should change her name to Kathy Keebler

by Anonymousreply 28911/22/2017

[quote]Basically, she'd been reduced to being a road comic for quite some time (albeit, a profitable one.)

Even as a comic, her material was starting to wear thin around 2012. The number of truly funny celebrity anecdotes in her act had waned considerably. In her prime, she could fill a show with 2 or 3 great stories, but now (if she's lucky) she has maybe one funny story to tell, then fills the rest of her act with reality TV references no one cares about and stories about her mom's alcoholism--which got old and boring fast.

Without any real celebrity material to dish, she had nothing left...no other gear as a comic to tap into.

Joan was an insult comic, yes, but she also knew how to construct a joke unrelated to some pop culture reference. I don't think Kathy has that ability, which is why--even if she went back and worked the club scene--probably couldn't rebuild her career the way Joan did.

Also, the culture and comedy itself is changing. Insult comedy is looking pretty dated in our current times, so unless Kathy miraculously develops completely new material and comedic style, I don't see how she could make a viable comeback.

by Anonymousreply 29011/23/2017

ITA @ R290. And she's pushing 60, right? Time to retire.

by Anonymousreply 29111/23/2017

Her instagram is is fucking mess. I feel sad for her.

by Anonymousreply 29211/23/2017

R280. right you are so right. andy Cohen cockshamed. its just horrible. she is just horrible......Andy is such a great Gay leader. such a MAN.....HAAAAAA

by Anonymousreply 29311/23/2017

A sad creature.

by Anonymousreply 29411/23/2017

Most comics are insecure show-offs who have somehow managed to squeeze five minutes of laughs out of their miserable lives. Kathy is Exhibit A.

by Anonymousreply 29511/23/2017

I believe the term is "crybully" R295.

And her Instagram is a delusional hot mess. She's perfected the art of posting bleached teeth smiling selfies throughout Europe while dying inside and descending into financial ruin.

by Anonymousreply 29611/23/2017

Can't CNN meet her half-way. Let her co-host Chinese New Year celebrations on CNN Asia with Jackie Chan.

by Anonymousreply 29711/23/2017

Damn, Kathy is really doing badly mentally. She overshares on twitter so much, we should have a thread dedicated to watch her.

Kathy Griffin‏Verified account @kathygriffin 20m20 minutes ago

I miss my Mom so much I am sitting in a hotel in Denmark, crying. That is all. I hope she is watching Judge Judy and halfway through a box of wine.

by Anonymousreply 29811/24/2017

From what I've seen I think even her mom hates her.

by Anonymousreply 29911/24/2017

my god you homos are the worst. just a few months ago you little twats were all her fans. this thread is a perfect example of the twats that make up the gay community, just back stabbing little cunts all of you and yes that includes you messed up in the heads trannys. ... loyalty and gay dont exist. ... there is a reason their is a saying. from the war. loose lips sink ships. it referred to the gossipy little homos who could never keep their twat mouths shut.

by Anonymousreply 30011/24/2017

[quote] just a few months ago you little twats were all her fans

Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 30111/24/2017

We know things about her now that we didn't know months ago, R300. It's called new information? And it ain't pretty.

by Anonymousreply 30211/24/2017

Don't give that shit-stirring illiterate attention.

by Anonymousreply 30311/24/2017

I have never liked her humor. I think she is evil, rude, crude and socially unacceptable. Never understood her dark and cruel sense of humor. Karma has finally hammered her.

by Anonymousreply 30411/24/2017

A couple of recent Tweets where Kathy brags and sounds quite Trump-like:

[quote]At sound check for my sold out show in Helsinki. Everyone of the seats will be filled. Giving thanks that I have the opportunity to make people laugh.

[quote]Thank you for the standing ovation at the end of the show, Stockholm!

by Anonymousreply 30511/24/2017

It's called moxie, R305.

by Anonymousreply 30611/24/2017

She really only tweeting that shit to herself.

by Anonymousreply 30711/25/2017

I used to like her. Then I got bored by her. Now I like her again. Go Kathy go!

by Anonymousreply 30811/25/2017

Her manic desperation makes me uneasy. It's palpable.

by Anonymousreply 30911/25/2017

She'll be claiming she turned down Time's Person of Year next.

by Anonymousreply 31011/25/2017

She'll be claiming she was the inspiration for Ronan Farrow's first draft for The New Yorker and deserves The Pulitzer Prize.

by Anonymousreply 31111/25/2017

those seats look uncomfortable

by Anonymousreply 31211/25/2017

R312 = Rosie O.

by Anonymousreply 31311/25/2017

I think she has the first dime she ever made and it's killing her she can no longer request high paying gigs. If she sold that ridiculous house she just bought for just under 11M and lived within her means she could recreate her brand on her own terms with her own financial backing or she could just kick back and enjoy her life. She has already lost two siblings to cancer and she could be next. Lighten the fuck up, grow a thicker skin, stop trying to be one of the popular kids (you're not and you never will be) stop trying to "Keep up with the Joneses" and finally, realize what is most important in life. Hint: It's not that rathole called Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 31411/25/2017

The sad thing about Kathy is that she can probably make a comeback if she puts a little effort into it and doesn’t have to rely on producers and bookers to give her the opportunity.

She should hire a young, talented but cheap camera crew to shoot one of her new stand up shows, edit it tightly, and then self release it on her site, iTunes, Amazon, etc. for cash like Louis CK did. She could write another dishy memoir, hire a editor, and then self release it on Kindle and Nook.

She could also start a podcast, and if she can’t find advertisers, set up a donation or subscription plan.

It’s sad because she just seems to be fixated on regaining acceptance in an industry that has already shunned her.

by Anonymousreply 31511/25/2017

Kathy misses being part of The Establishment. Here she is on a Shopping Adventure with Gloria Vanderbilt.

by Anonymousreply 31611/25/2017

^^ Agree with R315 and R316. She wants to be part of the establishment but she really should go independent.

by Anonymousreply 31711/25/2017

She's definitely mad because she never became a solid member of the comedy establishment. She failed to get on SNL and doesn't have a talk show like Ellen and Colbert.

This taints all her other success in her head. That said many comics would be thrilled with the career she had.

by Anonymousreply 31811/25/2017

[quote]...stop trying to be one of the popular kids (you're not and you never will be) stop trying to "Keep up with the Joneses" and finally, realize what is most important in life. Hint: It's not that rathole called Hollywood.

I think this gets to the root of Kathy's problems. Seems like Kathy all her life has suffered from a severe external locus of identity. Always wanting external validation from the cool kids, to tell her she's beautiful, or funny, or accepted--when she should've realized long ago that the popular kids are boring assholes who don't matter in the grand scheme of living your life and learning to love and accept yourself for who you are, on your own terms...even if that means never getting to sit at the cool kids table.

Every open gay person on this fucking planet has had to reconcile with that at some point--to accept who you are despite all the "cool" kids telling you you're broken in some way, shape or form.

This interview with Rosie O really gives you a clear glimpse into the neurosis of Kathy and her obsession with celebrity and wanting to be popular. Being called dog and ugly you're whole childhood obviously left some deep emotional scars, but it's sad that she never came to terms with that and not let her life be dictated by it.

They also get into the Jay Leno stuff. Although I understand why Kathy broke down at his joke, I still think it was fair game for Jay to go there as a comic. Being self-deprecating about your own looks doesn't make you immune to jokes made at your expense, especially when you do the exact same shit to other regarding their looks. Sorry Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 31911/25/2017

^^^

Skip to 2:20 for the relevant stuff.

by Anonymousreply 32011/25/2017

Truth to what you said, r318. I would add what is really making her appear manic and desperate is the realization - cold and brutally abrupt - realization that she came so close to finally grabbing the "brass ring." Dealing with yhe Vanderbilt (and Cooper), CNN NYE appearance, Fashion Police, and the crumbs and albeit meager sponsorships that came from those events.

Griffin lost it all. Lock, Stock and Barrel. I think that is the source of the angst people are witnessing. And the twitter "tears" over missing her mother - is just an another angst-ridden expression of the impact this downfall has had on her level of popularity in the public domain, her highly-coveted A-List status and finally, on a very simple and highly personal level - her ability to see her elderly mother when and where she wished.

All Gone.

by Anonymousreply 32111/25/2017

All for shock value. Hope it was worth it!

by Anonymousreply 32211/25/2017

She's a cunt. And that's being polite! My sister knew (knows) Matt, her ex. She screwed him over royally. Cheated on him, treated him badly, you name it. Verbally abusive. Then she dumped him for a younger guy, and pretended she broke up with him for taking money out of "her" account. He, meanwhile, got into running and working out, graduated from Columbia summa cum laude , and is an executive director at Laurette International Universities. So, Karma.

by Anonymousreply 32311/25/2017

Karma Plus Plus, r323.

by Anonymousreply 32411/25/2017

Wow, R323.

Good for him!

by Anonymousreply 32511/25/2017

Is that Matt at R323? I don't doubt that Kathy screwed him/you over (I always liked Matt on the show), and I wouldn't be surprised if she had a PD, but I highly doubt she is fucking borderline, christ. She's just narcissistic like Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper and all the rest of them. People acting like she's Satan on this thread make me think the Trump bots are at work

by Anonymousreply 32611/25/2017

You can stop now. I'm already dead.

by Anonymousreply 32711/25/2017

Huh uh, r326. Kathy - Isn't it past your bedtime luv?

by Anonymousreply 32811/25/2017
by Anonymousreply 32911/25/2017

You ain't dead till that tweetin' stops, r327.

by Anonymousreply 33011/25/2017

R323=troll. All Matt's post-Kathy accomplishments are things easily found on Google. Why make stuff about her cheating just because you don't like her?

by Anonymousreply 33111/25/2017

^^All Matt's post-Kathy accomplishments listed by R323^^

by Anonymousreply 33211/25/2017

R331 You, cunt, are the reason no one posts info here. Maybe I could have found it on Google, but I didn't. and nothing was made up, she cheated on him. So fuck you, and bye felicia!!

by Anonymousreply 33311/25/2017

R333, why didn't you bothering mentioning the kid that he had? Oh yeah, he didn't put it on his Linkedin profile for you to find.

by Anonymousreply 33411/25/2017

If Kathy is posting messages on Datalounge, then she has really hit rock bottom. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 33511/26/2017

Does anyone know how much money she makes a night doing stand up? How long do you think she can wait till she HAS to sell her new house? I don't think the news are reporting on her anymore and I believe that would be a bigger distress for her, being ignored would kill her more. It's like they don't want to give her any airtime at all, even if it's just reporting on her bad antics.

by Anonymousreply 33611/26/2017

I can help with that! , r336.

by Anonymousreply 33711/26/2017

She thinks of herself as a shy object in the press.

by Anonymousreply 33811/26/2017

I meant to write "shiny".

by Anonymousreply 33911/26/2017

She's a shiny target, r339.

by Anonymousreply 34011/26/2017

She makes herself a shiny target and then complains about it when it backfires on her.

by Anonymousreply 34111/26/2017

Such a ........such an odd girl.

by Anonymousreply 34211/26/2017

A real comedienne would have backed away and kept careful notes of everything that was going on. In about a year worked for about six months on it to turn it into an act. All the while getting rest and taking care of yourself so you look good doing it. After about two years the sting would be off and she'd get a big comeback special on one of those cable networks. She'd have been back stronger than ever. She just wasn't able to adapt.

by Anonymousreply 34311/26/2017

Does anyone know what happened with the neighbours? I heard the audio and it seems like Kathy's boyfriend phoned the police, or do you think it was Kathy? I think Kathy got her boyfriend to phone the police and wanted a shitstorm. Who phones the police and tells them their name? I know I wouldn't. Kathy seems very easily triggered if she phones the police if a kids has music on. I probably wasn't even loud. I bet her neighbours hate her.

by Anonymousreply 34411/26/2017

^^it probably wasn't even loud

by Anonymousreply 34511/26/2017

R334 Did I need to mention every single detail of his life? I was talking about how well he's done since he left her. Bust yourself, CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 34611/26/2017

R346, I thought you were going to ignore me because of your "Felicia" comment. To reiterate: his accomplishments you listed are about the only things in his life that are out there for public consumption. They also happen to be the only things you listed in your post. You and I both know that's not a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 34711/26/2017

But why would anyone claim to know a nobody who was married to a d-lister? I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 34811/26/2017

People who suffer from Hate Derangement Syndrome like to make stuff up.

"Believe me!"

"People are saying!"

Sound familiar?

by Anonymousreply 34911/26/2017

I think she rather naively, much like Truman Capote, thought that her A-list “friends” were her real friends and she was stunned by how quickly they dropped her. She will be fine, Indoubt she is hurting for money.

by Anonymousreply 35011/26/2017

When you endorse a portopotty for home use you need money.

by Anonymousreply 35111/26/2017

Good point, r351.

by Anonymousreply 35211/26/2017

Another "hotel video" from Copenhagen - posted 2 hrs ago.

by Anonymousreply 35311/26/2017

Poor, deprived thing.

by Anonymousreply 35411/26/2017

When Griffin returns to the U.S., I see a career in traveling with a videographer to all the Travelodges and doing short promos.

by Anonymousreply 35511/26/2017

She looks very manish in her hotel tour videos. So I'm assuming her bf is attracted to men?

by Anonymousreply 35611/26/2017

[quote]Does anyone know what happened with the neighbours? I heard the audio and it seems like Kathy's boyfriend phoned the police, or do you think it was Kathy? I think Kathy got her boyfriend to phone the police and wanted a shitstorm. Who phones the police and tells them their name? I know I wouldn't. Kathy seems very easily triggered if she phones the police if a kids has music on. I probably wasn't even loud. I bet her neighbours hate her.

Her neighbors will no longer have to endure her, as she'll be flying to and fro trying to scrounge up those scarce (foreign) dollars. Also I think Kathy hates living around others...on Martin Short's show back in the day she criticized Steve Martin for living in an apartment high-rise, saying she doesn't *DO* shared walls.

by Anonymousreply 35711/26/2017

She's been bulimic before - she wouldn't throw up, but would binge ("rebellion thing"), then starve for an extended time, rather than purge.

by Anonymousreply 35811/26/2017

Thanks for the reply R357. You're right, and I think she'll probably sell the home sometime next year, that'll really drive her over the edge. I find her videos to be more and more desperate, it's like she is really doing them to reasure herself.

by Anonymousreply 35911/27/2017

Going the Youtube route wouldn't be a bad thing. A lot of Youtubers make TONS of money from videos of extremely stupid shit. If she did this in a clever way, she'd be okay but she's too old school to figure out how to make her Youtube account work in her favour.

by Anonymousreply 36011/27/2017

But notice how she's disabled the comments on her latest videos?!

She dont wanna hear it!

by Anonymousreply 36111/27/2017

She also didn't monetize the video.

by Anonymousreply 36211/27/2017

I feel for her but also thought her comedy was mean spirited so I'm half and half.

But as one who talks about the value of free and open communication... DONT DISABLE COMMENTS!

by Anonymousreply 36311/27/2017

She's surprised that people loved her hotel tour videos. Kathy is so out of touch.

[quote]Who knew? I had no idea you guys were this interested in my cooky and informative hotel videos. So enjoy 3 minutes of Copenhagen like you've never experienced.

by Anonymousreply 36411/27/2017

[quote]I had no idea you guys were this interested in my cooky and informative hotel videos.

Oh dear, Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 36511/27/2017

r365 I know, how could a fucking kook like her not know how to spell "kooky"?

by Anonymousreply 36611/27/2017

"Stay here...if you can afford it"

by Anonymousreply 36711/27/2017

Her view count is pretty good for someone who just started with regular Youtube videos. She needs to figure out a way to work her channel to her advantage.

by Anonymousreply 36811/27/2017

Does Youtube pay enough to maintain a $10.5 million Bel Air mansion? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 36911/27/2017

That photo makes her look like an inpatient on a locked psych unit. (And I know whereof I speak, because I used to work as a nurse on them for about ten years.)

And if she isn’t she should be, after all the stunts she’s pulled lately. What an idiot!

by Anonymousreply 37011/27/2017

The irony is that in another world, where she fucked up and Dump wasn't President, he would've probably been one of the few to likely have given her a chance and hired her for Celebrity Apprentice.

by Anonymousreply 37111/27/2017

"Standing Ovations Are To Be Earned."

This woman is sick in the head.

by Anonymousreply 37211/28/2017

Why didn't Madonna get in trouble for suggesting they blow up the White House during one of the women's marches? Sounds like a death threat.

by Anonymousreply 37311/28/2017

Bet Griffin is pissed because while the world has turned its attention to Harry and Sparkle, Gruffin is stuck with her "same old, same old" dull routine.

by Anonymousreply 37411/28/2017

Kathy trumped her. She had better visuals, R373.

by Anonymousreply 37511/28/2017

The quintessential definition of “crybully”. Hope she gets cunt cancer soon

by Anonymousreply 37611/28/2017

does she still have a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 37711/28/2017

R369 yes

by Anonymousreply 37811/28/2017

I forgot the link

If she played her cards right with Youtube, she could have the greatest Youtube channel of all time!

by Anonymousreply 37911/28/2017

R373, because Madonna is business savvy and understands the foundation of her success in the entertainment biz.

Madonna knew her career wasn't dependent on individual comedy club owners located throughout the U.S. who could be easily intimidated by the threat of protests, the need to hire increased security and potentially bad publicity. Club owners who would find it much easier to just book another entertainer.

by Anonymousreply 38011/28/2017

Who the fuck is Logan Paul?

by Anonymousreply 38111/28/2017

Logan Paul is an idiot who's got 13 million Youtube followers and his making tons of money doing shit.

by Anonymousreply 38211/28/2017

He sounds riveting.

by Anonymousreply 38311/28/2017

[quote]Why didn't Madonna get in trouble for suggesting they blow up the White House during one of the women's marches? Sounds like a death threat.

Trump and the media only prey on the weak.

by Anonymousreply 38411/28/2017

"Matt Lauer has been on my list for a while. It’s really too bad more Americans don’t come to my shows. I pretty much recite the list in every show. Haha. I told you, my memory is long, my friends. I’ve been around a long time..."

by Anonymousreply 38511/29/2017

I must admit, I have no idea what she is saying in her show these days. Has she mentioned Matt Lauer by name, in connection with harassing behavior?

by Anonymousreply 38611/29/2017

Kathy is done with her overseas tour. The next few months should be interesting to watch. She really needs to take a break and stay out of the public eye. I don't see that happening though.

by Anonymousreply 38711/29/2017

[R373] I've actually started to wonder if Madonna's move to Portugal, where she doesn't seem entirely happy, doesn't explain this question.

by Anonymousreply 38811/29/2017

Thank you to everyone who came to see my world tour. 15 countries, 23 cities & 23 standing ovations. I would love to have the show seen on tv or any medium in which I can be paid the same as my male contemporaries. The equal pay I fight 4 will benefit women 4 generations to come.

The self-importance aside, anyone else think Kathy is really starting to lose it?

by Anonymousreply 38911/29/2017

She lost it long ago R389. She is also starting to look like a ghoul.

by Anonymousreply 39011/29/2017

@JakeTapper: This tweet is accurate. When CNN executives were told about these complaints, they reacted swiftly and appropriately, as they should. Workplaces need to be safe and I am fully supportive of CNN's action.

@KathyGriffin: Tick tock, Jake. XXOO,KG

Is Kathy warning Jake that he's going to get fired?

by Anonymousreply 39111/29/2017

Oh great, now she's threatening people. She's completely nuts.

by Anonymousreply 39211/29/2017

Then she's an asshole, just like Feldman. Is she implying that she knows and knew all this shit and what...didn't say anything? Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 39311/29/2017

Kathy,

If you know anything, spill it.

If you're just trying to be creepy, stop it.

There's only two options here: You either know something (and should speak up, now), or you don't.

by Anonymousreply 39411/29/2017

Jake said no, R391.

@scottshuker Replying to @kathygriffin @jaketapper Say it's not so Jake. I can deal with Chris Sabian (Spacey) and Dr Huxtable, but not my source for realism against the orange!

@jaketapper It’s not so! No idea what she’s talking about. Maybe just how inevitably there will soon be another — but it sure won’t be me

@jh8646 How can she get away w/this? And the tick tock shit us straight outta hannity bs

@jaketapper She’s had a rough year, I can’t begin to understand what’s going on.

by Anonymousreply 39511/29/2017

The fact is that her talents are limited. But, though hard work and tenacity she was able to find a gimmick that worked for her. And she was really good at it.

But, her fatal flaw of being far too thin-skinned (which is ironic, considering what he gimmick was) is doing her in. Being thin-skinned and being unable to roll with the punches.

I liked her, but her grandstanding is really turning me off. I also think the little behavioral and verbal hints about her having a breakdown are completely calculated to gain sympathy.

To be very clear, I hate Donald Trump. I couldn't care less about her bloody head picture. But, she made a dumb mistake that put some of her associates in a difficult position.

She should have left it at her original apology. Then laid low for six to eight months, and came back with a special or on a talk show talking about the whole experience in a humorous way. But no. She was completely unable to be gracious enough to bow out for a half a year. She assembled that batshit news conference, and begged for pity. "Trump has broken me, you guys" Shut up, you stupid bitch. It was two days after the photo came out. No one "broke" you. You broke yourself.

At this point ZERO sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 39611/29/2017

Kathy seems more anti-male than feminist.

by Anonymousreply 39711/29/2017

The Trump picture was a problem because her supposed (ex) best friend works at CNN, and a reporter there was beheaded in an actual video by ISIS. So she put him in a weird position, and he disavowed her action. And that started her bag bag of crazy. It was not the photo, in and of itself.

by Anonymousreply 39811/29/2017

I think Kathy HAS always been unhinged, it's just showing to the public now.

by Anonymousreply 39911/30/2017

The Trumpbots are loving that post. You people who think Jake is the enemy of Dems are retarded.

by Anonymousreply 40011/30/2017

I hope this bitch offs herself.

by Anonymousreply 40111/30/2017

Remember when she had Matt doing her hair, she treated him like a lackey.

by Anonymousreply 40211/30/2017

True R399 she's always been crazy, and mentally not well, and a huge attention/fame whore.

by Anonymousreply 40311/30/2017

A Don Rickles meltdown would have been so much funnier.

by Anonymousreply 40411/30/2017

I can't wait for the YouTube vids when she gets back, they will probably be epic, only so long with out any work and she'll go full nuts.

by Anonymousreply 40511/30/2017

When does she get back to the US?

by Anonymousreply 40611/30/2017

R406 I'd like to know also.

by Anonymousreply 40712/01/2017

Has she resorted to flying commercial yet?

by Anonymousreply 40812/01/2017

Griffin has nothing to talk about - She can't do comedy. It's just pure rage packaged as comedy. Who wants to listen to that 24/7.

Did she do Vietnam? Cambodia? Moscow?

by Anonymousreply 40912/01/2017

Hi, mos and hos! It's me, Kathy! Miss me? I'm back in the States, a little tired from my whirlwind tour of the world, but none the worse for wear. I'm taking a little me time at Chez Griffin before I make my debut as the American Ginger Feminist Firecracker Comedienne Extraordinaire. I'm starting my new US tour soon, so look for me at your local mall. Bring an extra sandwich!

by Anonymousreply 41012/03/2017

R409 Kathy has gone the same way as Margaret Cho who is unwatchable now and has been for years.

by Anonymousreply 41112/03/2017

R410, did Kathy really write that? It looks like something she'd post but I don't see it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 41212/03/2017

r411 Bingo.

by Anonymousreply 41312/03/2017

r410 Jesus that is scary! Wtf is that from? It looks real but the long arms, etc...radiation sickness? wow. His hair is more lustrous though.

by Anonymousreply 41412/03/2017

Kathy always said that she was a gay man in a females body, well, now she looks like an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 41512/04/2017

R415 Something only an ugly bitch who can't get a man without paying for him would say.

by Anonymousreply 41612/04/2017

R416 no Kathy, you do look like an eldergay now.

by Anonymousreply 417Last Tuesday at 10:04 AM

That's true forgot all about Margaret Cho. She was funny as hell until they cancelled her show and she got fat(again) and bitter.

by Anonymousreply 418Last Tuesday at 10:10 AM
by Anonymousreply 419Last Tuesday at 10:36 AM

Barron Trump Saw Bloody Beheaded Trump Photo on TV, Thought It Was His Dad

by Anonymousreply 420Last Tuesday at 10:38 AM

Is this true about the order of evacuation ?

Kathy Griffin‏ Verified account @kathygriffin 7m7 minutes ago

Just got alert on my cell phone to evacuate. After the year I’ve had, I turn to my boyfriend and said “eh, I like it here. Given the choice, I say we just burn.” He nods.

by Anonymousreply 421Last Tuesday at 2:48 PM

She's gonna die in a brush fire!!!

by Anonymousreply 422Last Tuesday at 2:52 PM

Fingers and toes crossed that neighbor Kim K stays put. Her fat-implanted ass will burn like a candle for days.

by Anonymousreply 423Last Tuesday at 2:53 PM

Damn you better hope she doesn't lose her house. That would be the last straw for her.

by Anonymousreply 424Last Tuesday at 2:55 PM

They've even evacuated a psych ward with 70 patients.

by Anonymousreply 425Last Tuesday at 3:12 PM

The fire isn't in Kathy's neighborhood. I wonder she is.

by Anonymousreply 426Last Tuesday at 3:42 PM

Is it too late to dump some grease on her house?

by Anonymousreply 427Last Tuesday at 5:03 PM

[bold]Zombie Joan Rivers[/bold]Verified account @zombiejoanrivers

Replying to @kathygriffin

GROW UP!

by Anonymousreply 428Last Tuesday at 5:25 PM

Chelsea Handler‏ Verified account @chelseahandler 4h4 hours ago

Just evacuated my house. It’s like Donald Trump is setting the world on fire. Literally and figuratively. Stay safe everyone. Dark times.

-------

Damn, it's getting rough in LA, WTF with the fires over there ? Anybody on DL has to evacuate too? How do they order you to?

by Anonymousreply 429Last Wednesday at 11:31 AM

Damn, Chelsea Handler and Kathy are so obsessed with Trump. Chelsea is evacuated from her home and stills finds a moment to mention him. I've had a song on my mind that's nearly driven me crazy; I can't imagine not being able to stop thinking about Trump. They both must be tortured.

by Anonymousreply 430Last Wednesday at 12:06 PM

Actually, the fire is only a few blocks away from Kathy's new house. They're evacuating Casiano Drive by the 405 and Kathy's on Southampton Court, just a few blocks over.

by Anonymousreply 431Last Wednesday at 12:54 PM

I can't believe how old Kathy looks! All that money spent on plastic surgery. Poof!

by Anonymousreply 432Last Wednesday at 1:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!