Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

George Clooney to Star in, Direct ‘Catch-22’ TV Series

George Clooney is attached to star in and direct a limited series based on “Catch-22,” Variety has confirmed.

The six-episode series hails from Paramount TV and Anonymous Content. No network is currently attached.

“Catch-22” is set in Italy during World War II. It focuses on Capt. John Yossarian, a US Air Force bombardier who is furious because the bureaucratic rule known as Catch-22, which specifies that a concern for one’s own safety in the face of dangers which are real and immediate is the process of a rational mind; a man is considered insane if he willingly continues to fly dangerous combat missions, but a request to be removed from duty is evidence of sanity and therefore makes him ineligible to be relieved from duty.

Clooney will star in the role of Colonel Cathcart. The series is being eyed for an early 2018 shoot.

The role will mark Clooney’s first regular television role since he broke out on the medical drama “E.R.” in the early 1990s. He was nominated for two Emmys and three Golden Globes for his role on that show. Since then, Clooney has become one of the most popular film actors of his generation. He has been nominated for eight Oscars total for writing, directing, and acting, eventually winning two for his supporting role in “Syriana” and Best Picture for “Argo,” which he produced along with Heslov and Ben Affleck.

“Catch-22” was previously adapted into a film in 1970 starring Alan Arkin as Yossarian and Martin Balsam as Cathcart.

---------------------

meh. So back to the small screen for Mr Suburbicon .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2018 5:42 PM

The world didn't want it in 1973, and I highly doubt they want it now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2017 10:52 PM

I hope someone interesting is in it. Clooney does not draw me in.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2017 10:54 PM

Televison??? HAHAHAHAHAHHA

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2017 10:54 PM

^LOL. He must need more money for the hired help after his last bomb of a movie.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2017 10:58 PM

Isn't Clooney way too old to be playing a role like this?

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2017 11:01 PM

He’s so awful and CHEESY.

He needs to go away forever.

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2017 11:02 PM

Shouldn't Georgie-poo be sucking off migrants at night on Lake Como? Mr. Phony now as the stench of failure about him. Bomb after bomb and bomb - and he's about to headline another one. The last time I saw him on a talk show I was appalled at how smarmy he's become. He can fuck off. Prick.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2017 11:04 PM

Nobody want to see this old fart. The ex-pretty boy must have combed through his 8th grade English syllabus to come up with this doozy.

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2017 11:16 PM

I like George Clooney, but Catch 22 is hopelessly outdated.

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2017 11:57 PM

It's been written by the guy who did Lion.

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2017 12:15 AM

[quote]Kyle Chandler is replacing George Clooney in the lead role of Col. Cathcart in the upcoming Hulu miniseries “Catch-22,” the streaming service announced Friday.

[quote]Clooney, who is directing and producing the adaptation of Joseph Heller’s classic war satire, will be moving to the smaller role of Scheisskopf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2018 11:07 AM

Kyle Chandler is the least Armenian-looking person on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2018 5:42 PM

The book is a classic, but the movie was really awful.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2018 5:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!