Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Gillies, saving grace of the new Dynasty TV show

She's delicious. The show is just as campy and predictable as you imagine it is, but I get a huge kick out of the new Fallon.

She's the only one who seems to be in on the joke.

I think she might have some acting chops under all that dreck as well.

Anybody a fan?

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2018 1:32 PM

The only actor who does justice to her original character.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2017 11:17 PM

I also like the gorgeous guy who plays Sammy Jo.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 4:53 AM

I was just about to start a thread about how horrible she is.

It. Is. One. Snarky. Remark. From. Her. After. The. Other.

No nuance, no subtly. Zero vulnerability.

She SNORTS her digs at Krystal (or however it's spelled).

Telling Krystal (or however it's spelled) that Cher wants her dress back.

Do 25 year old even know who Cher is?

THIS is Fallon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 5:10 AM

another big mistake was making Christelle (or however it's spelled) just as bitchy as Fallon; we'll have bitchy Fallon, bitchy Krystelina (or however it's spelled) and bitchy Alexis.

The original was Downton Abbey compared to this crap fest, which is being moved to Friday.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 5:14 AM

Is she related to the dude from The Originals?

Daniel, I think?

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 6:18 AM

Look, you just cannot hold up Pamela Sue Martin as if she were some sort of paragon of acting. Even Emma Samms was fully as competent an actress as Martin was, which is to say barely at all.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 6:22 AM

R6, you bitch!

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 7:01 AM

r7, I exist only for me!

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 7:06 AM

The new Dominique should be half asian. Or a tranny

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 7:20 AM

You're wrong, R3. You must have seen her in only that scene.

She's vulnerable for a time after the kidnapping and also when she asks her estranged best friend for forgiveness and wants to restart the friendship, just to name two instances off the top of my head. But her comic timing is what sets her apart from each and every cast member of the '80s series and this go-round.

And it's CRISTAL.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2018 10:20 PM

R10, neither of us are 'wrong'; we just have different opinions.

I think the original Fallon was classic; you think this new one is great. I find her -- and the whole series -- a pale imitation of the real thing. Nothing really tracks. It is as if they're making it up as they go along.

The premise of this new Dynasty is so bad; they're trying to be diverse but it's just all off.

It looks like Jeff is going to sucker Fallon out of her money. I think REAL rich people NEVER put their own PERSONAL funds into this idea Jeff and Fallon have. Doesn't track. Maybe the twist will be Fallon's two steps ahead of Jeff. yay.

Making Cristal a bitch along side Fallon doesn't allow for any kind of balance.

WHO are we rooting for in this series?

I recall in the premiere no one in the board room knew Blake and Cristal were involved, but then tons of people show up for the impromptu wedding.

All I see is attitude from this Fallon.

Pamela Sue Martin brought nuances to the role. She made Fallon compelling.

R6, while I adored Samms as Holly on GH, she sucked raw eggs as Fallon, playing her as a sedate heroine, controlled by outside forces. Pamela Sue Martin's Fallon took control of her situations.

One of my favorite scenes in the original Dynasty pilot was the snooty wedding planner looking down on Krystle; Steven walks in and makes mincemeat out of the guy. Krystle thanked him, paving the way for a sweet friendship.

In this new version, most everyone's a total bitch or prick. I do like the guy who plays Steven though; he's not hunky, but is playing him very likable.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2018 11:16 PM

Liz Gillies used to beard for Drake Bell when they were on Nickelodeon, didn’t she? I knew I knew her from somewhere.

That time really flew by.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2018 12:15 AM

adding Alexis has only made the new Dinasty worse in that Fallon continues to snark out every line.

and how dumb is it that Blake didn't even own his own home?

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2018 5:09 AM

O completely disagree with r3/r11. I think all the rebuilding ot’s Characters are much more complicated than the original, in which people were total saints or total bitches (except for, ironically enough, the original Fallon, who was very well written).

I posted this on another thread, but I think it’s worth repeating here {WARNING: Long post. Sorry about that, bitches}:

Too many negative Nellies here, so I’m going to make some positive observations:

The reboot’s characters are ALL written with a certain degree of complexity. Unlike the original, not one single character is completely good or evil. For the poster upthread who said Michael Culhane is too much of a Saint, remember he’s been lying to his parents for most of his professional life. That’s a tough charade to keep up.

I think this Cristal is a step up from frozen-faced, ditzy Linda Evans. At least, this one has a career, and is not some secretary-cum-socialite. Plus she has beauty pageant looks (Miss Venezuela?) whereas Evans looked like a dried-up, cross-eyed line backer.

The bilingual element is a step up (just like pop songs nowadays) and, whereas it will piss off bigoted deplorables (some of which have shown their true colors in this thread), it is attracting a huge Hispanic and international audience, all known soap lovers. So I wouldn’t worry about the show’s fate.

Rafael de la Fuente as Sammy Jo is exquisite, and a great departure from the also exquisite Heather Locklear. Here’s a wonderful example of derivative characters, both of which worked on their own merits (even if both had that basic honest-yet-trashy quality). I especially love the actor’s side talents (singing/dancing) and the character’s relationship with Anders, who has taken quite an affection for him, not unlike that of an older gay man looking after a younger, straying one and performing daddy/mentor functions. What’s not to love? (Is this still a gay web site??! I’ve been wondering).

Speaking of side talents, Peruvian actress Nathalie Kelly (new Cristal, spelled differently for those of you who are still getting it wrong) is quite the Latin Ballroom dancer!

Despite his wooden performance, Grant Show is doing a good job delivering a cold, callous Blake Carrington, and looks a lot more desirable than John Forsyth’s, who was difficult to digest as someone having sex with a voluptuous female with twice his shoulder size. Talk about a one-note and wooden performance! The new Blake at least has some father issues through which his vulnerability shows.

Those of you trashing the show as glitzy and cheap-looking have clearly forgotten a) the ruffly, glittery shoulder-padded triangle fashions of the 1980’s that haunted the original and b) the low budget photography and set designs of the original. It was and still is a soap opera! We are indulging in the tinsel optics.

I take the show at face value. One of the few negatives I have is why did they bother to move the show to Atlanta (probably to feature a larger multi-culture). Not a single southern accent in the crowd!! Not even the local police or waitstaff!

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2018 1:32 PM

Rebuilding ot’s >>> reboot’s

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2018 1:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!