Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

University denies it failed to protect staff in case involving diaper fetish

Demanded children's books The student in his 40s asked to be treated as an infant, demanding children's books be read to him, speaking in a baby voice, wearing a soother, and even submitting a selfie of himself in a diaper to one instructor, said Roth. She believes that as soon as the university knew the student had what it terms an "atypical sexual drive that he may impose on non-consenting individuals" staff needed warning. VIU staff refused to speak about the specifics of the case which spanned two years between 2015 and 2017 citing privacy concerns, but did release a statement saying that the university used an external investigator and took appropriate action "to protect the safety and well-being of our campus community." "We take the safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff very seriously. We are confident that we have measures in place to ensure the safety of our campuses, and policies and procedures to support our community." "While the University acknowledges the right of individuals to raise issues of concern to them, we do not agree with Ms. Roth's characterization of the events." VIU said due to privacy laws it cannot divulge all of the complexities of how the case was handled. "VIU will continue to foster a caring and respectful community to ensure a high-quality teaching, learning and working environment." Separate complaint

But Roth believes the student had presented himself to at least three other staff members demanding inappropriate treatment. The former Alberta crown prosecutor is amending the original complaint that she said was deemed too broad — and has filed a second separate complaint after losing her job in 2017. She said she became concerned after a man who said he needed to wear diapers due to a disability complained to her office. Over the years she said the student threatened to file Human Rights Complaints if his special needs were not considered, including his desire to be handled by female staff only. In the document she said he presented himself to female staff at different campuses — in several cases asking them to change his soiled diapers. Eventually he came to Roth complaining of discrimination. "He's unfortunately obsessed with the fecal matter," said Roth. As she investigated his complaint she pushed for a sexual violence risk assessment — as the man who came to her claiming a disability seemed to have a sexual fetish he was subjecting others to, the document reveals.  "VIU didn't put into place any warning signs," said the former VIU staff member who believes the complaints were not taken seriously, or shared to protect others. "The women all thought they were the only one. They all thought maybe he's a little bit strange."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2019 7:55 PM

Insanity.

I'm glad I will be dead in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2017 10:05 PM

I feel exactly as you do, r1.

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2017 10:08 PM

If he said he is a baby, THEN HE IS A BABY!!! Isn't that how it works now?

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2017 10:09 PM

R3 He allegedly attached a soiled diaper to one of his papers.

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2017 10:11 PM

I'd LOVE to hear this guy explain why a baby needs to go to college.

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2017 10:12 PM

Stop. Your transageism is wounding! A-goooooo.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2017 10:15 PM

R4, Isn't that something a baby would do?

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2017 10:17 PM

Did the BABY pledge a fraternity!?

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2017 10:20 PM

What would DLers do in this situation?

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2017 10:20 PM

Leave BC

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2017 10:21 PM

We were warned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2017 10:23 PM

Another article. Why is the student's name being withheld?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2017 10:23 PM

Because he is in charge of us all, R12

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2017 10:25 PM

Of course this would occur in a Gender Studies class.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2017 10:37 PM

They got rid of Women's studies so they could concentrate on Gender studies - fetishes and dirty diapers

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2017 10:47 PM

Canada continues to circle the drain.

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2017 10:54 PM

And the prime minister is hurriedly pushing it down there as fast as he can r16. He reeks of attention whoring. And fake tan.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2017 11:04 PM

Let me guess, the university thinks it should protect female employees from diaper fetishists, but insists that female employees share locker rooms with dress fetishi

by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2017 11:12 PM

No, I read it as the university thinks the diaper fetishist needs protection from those nasty women who refused to change his diaper. The locker room dress fetishist is a given.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2017 11:17 PM

I hope it finds it's way to a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2017 11:20 PM

Why don’t don’t you Right wing idiots get a better job? Your shit is boring as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2017 11:33 PM

And yet here you are r21....

What exactly is political about any of the posts so far?

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2017 11:36 PM

Freddie Prinze Jr went back to college?

by Anonymousreply 23November 15, 2017 11:40 PM

R21 Yup. That CBC News is such a right wing rag. /s

by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2017 11:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2017 11:50 PM

Women are usually the victims of these men with various sexual paraphilias - cross dressing, baby play, etc. He would have never tried this shit on a man.

As the newest Canadian immigrants continue to slip across the open borders and are welcomed by Canadian border guards, there may be some cultural changes that lead to decreased acceptance of sexual fetishes being forced on others in public places.

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2017 11:57 PM

A curse on all their houses -- everyone here overreacted, and I do include the teachers.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2017 12:35 AM

Did he get an "A" for his dirty diaper? I he going to teach and take over the department. Like Trudeau give him a prize and funny socks?

by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2017 12:38 AM

Let me try that again. I was in Typoville.

Did he get an "A" for his dirty diaper? I he going to teach and take over the department? Will Trudeau give him a prize, heroin, and funny socks?

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2017 12:40 AM

[quote]Why don’t don’t you Right wing idiots get a better job? Your shit is boring as fuck.

Are dirty diapers "left wing"?

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2017 12:42 AM

Seriously!!! Where will this all end? I'm thinking all these multiple gender, gender fluid, diaper wearing, Trans race and SJW's all holding hands looking up to the sky and singing "Rainbow Connection".

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2017 12:49 AM

Is it an s&m fetish?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2017 12:54 AM

Yeah the "rainbow" has turned into high heels, dirty diapers, and children

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2017 12:56 AM

If you avoid universities and spending time with non-STEM students/faculty, and avoid community centers and community-anythings, avoid any LGBT center/organizations, and avoid Canada...you may be spared the diaper-wearing, wife-beating, fire-setting adult babies/cross dressers and other assorted sexual fetishists.

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2017 12:58 AM

R34 Hey. What's wrong with non-STEM majors?

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2017 1:00 AM

Yes R32 - it is linked to masochism and is most often a sexual paraphilia/fetish.

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2017 1:00 AM

Well, I didn't really mean all non-STEM majors/faculty R34...but STEM folks won't be loitering in gender studies classes pandering to non binary diaper wearers. If any diaper boy disrupted a pre-med class, he would be driven out by the students. STEM folks can be hardcore about learning and getting A's :)

And they are too busy in their labs/at their computers/etc to spend 1-2 hours a day assembling their "look".

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2017 1:06 AM

R37 Point taken.

by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2017 1:08 AM

These are enforceable apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2017 1:10 AM

Is it a violation of the Code to not address people by their choice of pronoun? The law recognizes that everyone has the right to self-identify their gender and that “misgendering” is a form of discrimination. As one human rights tribunal said: “Gender …may be the most significant factor in a person’s identity. It is intensely personal. In many respects how we look at ourselves and define who we are starts with our gender.”[1] The Tribunal found misgendering to be discriminatory in a case involving police, in part because the police used male pronouns despite the complainant’s self-identification as a trans woman. Refusing to refer to a trans person by their chosen name and a personal pronoun that matches their gender identity, or purposely misgendering, will likely be discrimination when it takes place in a social area covered by the Code, including employment, housing and services like education. The law is otherwise unsettled as to whether someone can insist on any one gender-neutral pronoun in particular. Gender-neutral pronouns may not be well known. Some people may not know how to determine what pronoun to use. Others may feel uncomfortable using gender-neutral pronouns. Generally, when in doubt, ask a person how they wish to be addressed. Use “they” if you don’t know which pronoun is preferred.[2] Simply referring to the person by their chosen name is always a respectful approach. Doesn’t this interfere with freedom expression? Our lawmakers and courts recognize the right to freedom of expression, and at the same time, that no right is absolute. Expression may be limited where, for example, it is hate speech under criminal law. The Supreme Court has also found that some limits on free speech are justifiable to protect people from harassment and discrimination in social areas like employment and services.[3] On the other hand, decision-makers have said that freedom of expression is much less likely to be limited in the context of a public debate on social, political or religious issues in a university or a newspaper.[4] In situations where equality rights and freedom of expression must be balanced, context is critical.[5] The words that are chosen matter: the more harmful the words, the further they are from the core values of freedom of expression.[6] Other important considerations are the vulnerability of the group affected by the speech, and the degree of impact on their ability to access employment, services and housing on an equal basis.[7]

by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2017 1:11 AM

Between the growing hordes of US citizenship rejects swarming across the borders (and mind you - beating your wife, and setting fire to the family home - even while wearing a wig/ponytail - are crimes that would lead to such a rejection) and the insane coddling of sexual predators and mentally-disturbed fetishists... Canada is circling the drain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2017 1:19 AM

Arrest the women who would not change his diaper. Put them away for a long, long, time.

Trudeau has new funny socks to show us and you can grow pot at home or shoot government heroin. Prime Minsters hide their money so no takes are paid. Millions of people in low-paid unstable jobs but no one talks about that.

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2017 1:21 AM

How DOES a 40y.o. fuckwit in a diaper (when they are able bodied, and who were actually potty trained almost 4 full decades ago) get into a university anyway? I would presume "baby" can't fill out his own fucking application to school....

by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2017 1:31 AM

R42 Don't forget about this. The guy in the speedo is a Canadian Senator who likes to brag about his 8 inch dick. He was arrested for domestic violence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2017 1:34 AM

R43 He submitted a dirty diaper as his application, silly.

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2017 1:39 AM

I am OUTRAGED at my confusion between being OUTRAGED at the hegemonist university system attempting to enforce non-monochronous restraints on age-fluid members of the community on the one hand, and my OUTRAGE at a penised person attempting to abuse the eyes and noses of womyn by displays of his phallic excrement.

It's OUTRAGEOUS I have to make this choice, and I blame our paternalistic culture for it. Are womyn NEVER safe?

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2017 1:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2017 1:59 AM

This is why he won.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2017 2:35 AM

Yesterday BAKE THE CAKE

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2017 3:00 AM

Yesterday BAKE THE CAKE

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2017 3:00 AM

Yesterday BAKE THE CAKE

Today CHANGE THE DIAPER

by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2017 3:00 AM

Yesterday BAKE THE CAKE

Today CHANGE THE DIAPER

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2017 3:00 AM

What does that mean R52?

by Anonymousreply 53November 16, 2017 3:02 AM

That article is terribly written

by Anonymousreply 54November 16, 2017 3:13 AM

R 52 Possibly a reference to women in the past being discouraged from getting educated and working outside the house (staying home to bake a cake).

Today women are working and no longer chained to housework all day - but now, at work, they are being forced to do mommy/housemaker tasks such as changing diapers.

by Anonymousreply 55November 16, 2017 3:15 AM

Canada

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2017 3:17 AM

Jeez. And I complained when John John was babied at Brown.

by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2017 3:28 AM

What does reading baby books out loud have to do with the course? Is the instructor expected to stop their lecture?

by Anonymousreply 58November 16, 2017 3:51 AM

I thought it was we used to protest fundamentalist bakers to make cakes for gay weddings has turned into fetishist men pulling the LGBT card to force women to take part in their sexual shenanigans r53.

by Anonymousreply 59November 16, 2017 4:08 AM

R59 Ugh. I feel so disenfranchised by both sides of the spectrum. It's either this shit (along with mass immigration) or KKKristian.

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2017 4:12 AM

r27 how is someone stalking staff to make them acknowledge his fetish over-reacting?

Take away the bizarre fetish and focus on the actions: excessive e-mail contact; inappropriate personal pic, sent in *with an assignment*; seeking them out and approaching them around campus for no relevant reason; following them into isolated areas, etc.

The Globe article takes a different tack on it than the first one, and if that's accurate the fetish is secondary to him acting out inappropriately with women. r26 is absolutely right. If this is about him having this infantile fantasy, why isn't it displayed around males? Because it's a known sexual fetish, *and* he's trying to harass them into accommodating him.

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2017 4:28 AM

[quote]CBC is not identifying the man who was involved in the complaint. He responded to a request for comment saying he was unable to speak about the matter for legal reasons.

[quote]"I will say I am special needs and 3, so I am not in my 40s," he wrote to CBC.

Well OK then!

by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2017 4:32 AM

This is a joke, right?

How can someone identify as a three-year-old and consider himself a college student at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2017 4:40 AM

Some transaged transtoddlers are transprodigies r63. Stop hating on xhyr! This is LITERAL VIOLENCE!!!

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2017 4:42 AM

Is the entire nation of Canada now so social Justice Warrior left wing passive, that they're all just fine with stuff like this?

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2017 4:45 AM

[quote]In the document she said he presented himself to female staff at different campuses — in several cases asking them to change his soiled diapers. Eventually he came to Roth complaining of discrimination.

Poor baby!

by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2017 4:47 AM

Could a Canadian come on her and confirm the real story? This has to be fake, please tell me this is fake. Please.

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2017 5:25 AM

Maybe Stephoknee wants a little brother and her foster parents can adopt Shit-Fancier.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2017 6:27 AM

I’d forgotten Stef is Canadian too. What are y’all smoking up there?

by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2017 6:48 AM

[quote]Is the entire nation of Canada now so social Justice Warrior left wing passive, that they're all just fine with stuff like this?

Yes, and it is unbearable. And depressing how no one understands this or says anything about it. It is all cheering on the regressive. I know there are actually two people who understand and against this bullshit in Vancouver. And I think there might be one in Halifax. I am in Montreal right now and there is no sign, zero, of critical thinking on this or any other issue, which is sad in itself but Montreal used to be the "intelligent"city. Maybe that was a generation that are dying out or have already died.

The pushing of this and all the regressive projects is not stop in Canada. Radio, TV, newspapers. People are completely brainwashed. I have tried to talk to people but they are completely brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2017 11:53 AM

Ontario is regressive central, but the rest of Canada is starting to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2017 11:54 AM

I eat adult babies excrement.

by Anonymousreply 72November 16, 2017 1:09 PM

This story is truly bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 73November 16, 2017 3:38 PM

R68 Maybe this IS Stefonknee?

by Anonymousreply 74November 16, 2017 4:53 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Stuff like this cannot be made up.

by Anonymousreply 75November 16, 2017 4:55 PM

Someone needs to kick this fetish guy's ass. Seriously. He needs a beat down and then he'd knock off this nonsense

by Anonymousreply 76November 16, 2017 5:44 PM

*Stormfront Thread Alert*

by Anonymousreply 77November 16, 2017 6:14 PM

[quote]Why don’t don’t you Right wing idiots get a better job? Your shit is boring as fuck.

Excuse me?

Right wing idiots are the ones with these weird fetishes. Why don't you get a better job, right wing idiot?

by Anonymousreply 78November 16, 2017 6:20 PM

R6 sums this bozo up perfectly. Bravo, R6!

by Anonymousreply 79November 16, 2017 6:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 16, 2017 6:45 PM

"A little bit strange?" That is surely the understatement of the century.

by Anonymousreply 81November 16, 2017 6:48 PM

So since he was a special needs 3 year old he need ed to be accommodated, or because he identified as a 3 year old he needed to be accommodated? They are so going to get sued by these women.

by Anonymousreply 82November 16, 2017 6:59 PM

I liked this remark from the comment section of the Daily Mail article at R80:

Soon they will be calling to put adult-size changing tables in the multi-gendered bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 83November 16, 2017 7:09 PM

Is adult baby on welfare or disability?

by Anonymousreply 84November 16, 2017 7:19 PM

R83 I saw an online petition about that very thing. It was for quadriplegic adults to have somewhere they could have their carers change them when they’re travelling. This was a UK based guy that started it. Gas station bathroom floors tend to be appallingly dirty and they’re asking for motorway service stations to provide a changing place, or at least an adult sized table, for disabled people.

by Anonymousreply 85November 16, 2017 7:53 PM

Slightly off-topic, but I'm still not sure what to feel about the fact that "adult coloring books" have become mainstream over the past few years. I can still remember, about a couple years ago, I was on the train and nearby was a full grown Frau, around early to mid-30's and normal-looking for the most part, with a gallon ziplock bag full of crayons coloring in a coloring book. It was a coloring book depicting cartoon scenes of animals in their habitat (tiger in a jungle, etc.). Even nowadays at my workplace cafeteria, library, or somewhere else, I'll still occasionally see a full grown woman coloring. Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing this to able-bodied adults choosing to wear diapers or using pacifiers, (I've also heard coloring is relaxing and stress-relieving, almost therapeutic), but still.

Anyway, 30 years ago, people like the 40-year-old "3-year-old" in this story (aren't most people potty-trained by 3, by the way?) would've just been run out of the university, and possibly out of their own town.

And of course, it was the women that suffered the most, per usual. As DL-ers mentioned above, NO man would've EVER put up with that shit, nor would they ever be expected to. Between all of the workplace sexual harassment/abuse stories coming out and stories like this, I'm so, so glad I'll never have a daughter to try to bring up in this world, and I pity those who do.

by Anonymousreply 86November 16, 2017 8:01 PM

[quote]On two occasions the man is alleged to have asked the university's nurse to change his dirty diapers, although she refused [bold]the second time[/bold].

[quote]In fact, it was only after that nurse spoke with other VIU colleagues that she learned about his inappropriate manner with other employees.

[quote]Even in emails, he communicated in childish, baby talk opening a message 'Hewoh.'

I admit, I laughed. How the hell are these real-life John Waters characters created? Here's hoping the university gets crushed by lawsuits and raked over the coals.

R84 Don't know about the guy in question but one "adult baby" that was featured on TLC was on disability because he claimed his PTSD (from childhood emotional abuse) made him unable to work. I actually have no problem with that, anything that keeps him out of the workforce and away from normal people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 16, 2017 8:11 PM

Isn't Canada full of rugby players and lumberjacks and can't a few of them take the diaper-wearing adult out behind the dumpster once or twice until he has a come to Jesus moment?

by Anonymousreply 88November 16, 2017 8:21 PM

[quote]Slightly off-topic, but I'm still not sure what to feel about the fact that "adult coloring books" have become mainstream over the past few years. I can still remember, about a couple years ago, I was on the train and nearby was a full grown Frau,

Oh please. Seriously?

Liking those adult coloring books is like adults who read certain types of crossover YA fiction like the Harry Potter books. It's harmless and utterly forgivable.

It's not even in the same ballpark, not even in the same city and state, as an adult man dressing in a diaper with a pacifier and saying goo goo gah gah. And taking giant fecal smears in his dependz!

by Anonymousreply 89November 16, 2017 8:24 PM

Are there other examples of straight men with bizarre fetishes expecting the women in their lives, or women in the public at large, to act as fodder for their sexual fetishes?

by Anonymousreply 90November 16, 2017 8:26 PM

R90 : Been to Hollywood lately?

by Anonymousreply 91November 16, 2017 8:31 PM

I think it's the fact that adult coloring books is another sign of adults not wanting to grow up. Although I have to admit when my nieces were young I would color with them. It was relaxing. It also wasn't in public.

by Anonymousreply 92November 16, 2017 9:20 PM

Yes r90. Every tranny getting off on forcing himself into women’s spaces.

by Anonymousreply 93November 16, 2017 9:44 PM

[quote]Are there other examples of straight men with bizarre fetishes expecting the women in their lives, or women in the public at large, to act as fodder for their sexual fetishes?

R90 I hate to sound like a Michfester but what you're describing is pretty much society/straight male mentality in a nutshell. 1 out of 3 women are said to have been sexually harassed/abused (arguable of course, and that kind of statistic is impossible to really measure accurately, but it sure sounds about right).

At least we're not like Japan or India, where women need their own separate subway cars.

by Anonymousreply 94November 16, 2017 9:52 PM

[quote] 1 out of 3 women are said to have been sexually harassed/abused

Harassed/abused are such overly broad terms they can include a wolf whistle. That's a whole separate world from being expected to wipe an adult's soiled bottom who is otherwise capable of taking care of it himself.

by Anonymousreply 95November 16, 2017 10:01 PM

‘Wolf whistle’?

by Anonymousreply 96November 16, 2017 10:10 PM

Most women I know have had to fight would-be rapists, and most have been touched inappropriately. I have had my ads and my breast grabbed, and I had to fight a guy who took me out in the middle of nowhere on a stormy night, who told me to "fuck or walk". I kicked and scratched, punched, and pulled hair. she only stopped fighting me when I reminded him that my 6'3" older brother ( who introduced us) would kick his ass if he hurt me. I am not a Michfester either, but it is surprising how many women have had such experiences.

by Anonymousreply 97November 16, 2017 10:53 PM

R95 [quote]Harassed/abused are such overly broad terms they can include a wolf whistle.

Contrary to what MRA types would have you believe, I highly doubt the majority of women are the type of hysterical, persecutory, vindictive bitches that consider a whistle to be harassment. The truth is, most people hate to think of themselves as being victims (except for a tiny, but extremely vocal, minority of college-aged SJW types).

I agree that there's a lot of subjectivity involved however, which is why like I said, it's a pretty impossible figure to accurately calculate. But if you want to see what a large number of women have experienced at some point, and maybe even go through on a regular basis, watch those POV videos some of them have made. It shows the sort of behavior and comments from male strangers that they get just walking alone down the street, including lewd comments, aggressive questioning, etc. A lot of them even get followed at one point.

It's not just the young, attractive ones either. My middle-aged mother has been flashed by a stranger on two occasions (once on public transit, once in the library, of all places), and sexual abuse in nursing homes is apparently a little-discussed but pressing issue.

R97 Sorry for all that you experienced, and I'm glad that the situation you described ended the way it did. Hope you reported him.

by Anonymousreply 98November 16, 2017 11:39 PM

[quote]That's a whole separate world from being expected to wipe an adult's soiled bottom who is otherwise capable of taking care of it himself.

And yet this looney bin of a University has let this nonsense go on and let female faculty members be harassed for Two Fucking Years to humor the sexual fetish of a clearly mentally disturbed man. And apparently the University still feels they handled the situation properly.

I'm not so sure this really is such a whole separate world from the many sorts of harassment and abuse women are subject to on a regular basis. Would it make a difference if the fetishist ditched the Curious George costume, the pacifier, the baby talk and children's books but still got off on wearing diapers and still insisted female staff and ONLY female staff were required to change his diapers lest they be accused of discriminating against his "exceptionality?"

A big "damn right" to the earlier posters who said male faculty members would never put up with this shit (so to speak) if they were the ones expected to deal with the shitty diaper nor would the fetishist dared to try it on any man.

But, yeah, yeah...this kind of shit never actually happens or, if it does, it's only "a few isolated incidents." OK, it's multiple women at the same University but that's still just a few isolated incidents, right?

by Anonymousreply 99November 17, 2017 12:10 AM

I can’t understand how the university could even begin to defend this. Do they really think that women should just do anything a man says? They’ll be lucky if there aren’t more disclosures of appalling behavior because when it’s tolerated once usually it’s been tolerated many times.

by Anonymousreply 100November 17, 2017 1:08 AM

This is modern "liberalism" in a nut shell.

by Anonymousreply 101November 17, 2017 1:11 AM

T and this - exhibitionism

by Anonymousreply 102November 17, 2017 1:24 AM

If a man exposes himself in public, he gets arrested. Now, in California and Oregon, if he exposes himself in a locker room and claims to be non-binary, well, women, just suck it up.

by Anonymousreply 103November 17, 2017 1:25 AM

I love it that Target sales tanked in the past year. They thought their kumbaya everybody’s welcome schtick was a marketing master stroke but it just got a lot of women pissed at them for treating real women like garbage. The more this misogynistic, child harming celebrating insanity as a good thing is brought into public view the better. Most people have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 104November 17, 2017 1:38 AM

R90, this story reminded me of one I heard about a guy on the East Coast of Canada who would go to a university campus and somehow trick women into letting him fondle their feet. I remember reading about this maybe 10-15 years ago but I can't find anything on Google.

by Anonymousreply 105November 17, 2017 1:54 AM

Broads need to start standing up for their rights!

by Anonymousreply 106November 17, 2017 2:25 AM

I have to say that America being more rednecky, I'm not so sure this would pass muster even at Oberlin or Reed?

by Anonymousreply 107November 17, 2017 3:08 AM

Evergreen would understand

by Anonymousreply 108November 17, 2017 3:10 AM

Students at Evergreen would hold a Diaper Day on campus, in solidarity with this "disabled" student. They would force the faculty to don diapers as well, while chanting gender studies gibberish.

by Anonymousreply 109November 17, 2017 3:17 AM

I am the President of Evergreen and these are my diapers.

by Anonymousreply 110November 17, 2017 3:26 AM

If he's a POC and FTM and carries a Gucci diaper bag, we'll take him at Brown.

(OK, If he doesn't have the Gucci bag, the Bursar's office will advance funds.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 17, 2017 3:47 AM

What the fuckety fuck fuck. I live in driving distance of that campus. Nanaimo is redneck and trailer trash, especially in that neighbourhood. I seriously doubt he’d wear that stupid fucking costume at night, on a bus transfer out of downtown. He’d get the shit beat out of him by bored drug addicts first. Get that shit smeared on his face by nearby high school kids. Then sent packing with his head punched in by other bus commuters. They should’ve called 911, fearing their safety so he could be locked down for a psych evaluation. Miss a bunch of days of college, and get his shitty ass kicked out like a big boy.

by Anonymousreply 112November 17, 2017 4:14 AM

I thought BC was a combination of San Francisco, London and Paris in terms of demographics? According to all the Canadians, I thought rednecks only live in Alberta?

by Anonymousreply 113November 17, 2017 4:19 AM

Check any Nanaimo mall, and the parking lot is loaded with pickup trucks. You wouldn’t believe the trash that shows up at the Cabelas store. Some family pulled up in a homemade trailer, the girl dressed in men’s plaid, they had bad brown teeth, and sounded like they was frum them there hee haw.

by Anonymousreply 114November 17, 2017 4:31 AM

R113 More like Hong Kong.

by Anonymousreply 115November 17, 2017 2:45 PM

I have heard the expression University of a Billion Chinese before.

by Anonymousreply 116November 17, 2017 3:15 PM

[quote]this story reminded me of one I heard about a guy on the East Coast of Canada who would go to a university campus and somehow trick women into letting him fondle their feet. I remember reading about this maybe 10-15 years ago but I can't find anything on Google.

I was remembering something similar that happened in Seattle, I think it was, or maybe Portland, 5-10 years ago, where some guy walked around asking women if he could fondle and videotape their feet claiming to be running a study on women's feet for shoe companies or reflexology or some such story. Many women let him do it, then he sold the footage to fetishists on the internet.

It became news because a woman found out that her videotaped segment was being advertised and sold and she went to the police or to a news station about it. I just googled for it but can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 117November 17, 2017 4:07 PM

There's one of these diaper nuts in Los Angeles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 18, 2017 10:47 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 119November 18, 2017 8:34 PM

OUT THIS FUCKER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120November 18, 2017 8:39 PM

IKR, stupid tosser.

by Anonymousreply 121November 19, 2017 5:59 AM

I grew up in Nanaimo. It is truly one fucked up city. Just bizarre people. I also went to VIU before it was named that and I could see shit like this going down.

by Anonymousreply 122November 19, 2017 6:02 AM

It's weird this guy was so accepted with such an extreme fetish. When I attended VIU I knew a man who cross dressed and he was openly ridiculed. He didn't do a very good job and you could see stubble at first. This was around 2008 or 2009.

by Anonymousreply 123November 19, 2017 6:12 AM

r120 they can't if he's mentally ill. That's why they're not IDing him (at least why the school isn't).

IIRC, mental health status is a protected group. He can't be removed unless he's threatening or so disruptive it infringes on others' rights; then, they'd have to do a whole report/assessment on the situation. Since they did eventually remove him, they must have concluded he has a mental illness. Privacy laws would prevent them from discussing it publicly.

Of course, that still doesn't balance the rights of the women & that's where the lawyer has a problem with the process.

by Anonymousreply 124November 19, 2017 6:30 AM

I'm with R86 on the coloring books for adults. It looks regressive too, although milder. It's as though adults are being encouraged to infantilize themselves. God knows coloring is so much better than, say, reading a book.

by Anonymousreply 125November 19, 2017 6:37 AM

It seems that many T have additional fetishes, too much time on Tumblr and watching porn.

Women should not be forced to accommodate men's fetishes in the workplace.

Makes me wonder about higher ups, did they have a humiliation kink? If not, why not put a to it?

by Anonymousreply 126November 19, 2017 1:17 PM

R124 In Canada, people suffering from mental illness aren't a protected group under the law. As an aside, I think it's important to stress that the vast majority of mentally ill people (i.e. those living with depression and anxiety) aren't engaging in this type of behaviour. No mental health professional worth their salt would sign off on this.

by Anonymousreply 127November 19, 2017 7:58 PM

[quote]. No mental health professional worth their salt would sign off on this

They are signing off on a lot of bullshit these days, ex.: "transkids."

by Anonymousreply 128November 19, 2017 8:31 PM

What is that smooth show-pony Treueduer doing about this insanity happening in the west part of his kingdom.

He's too busy chasing photographers rather than line his smooth brows worrying about pipelines and lunatics using up taxpayer-money.

by Anonymousreply 129November 19, 2017 8:47 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 130November 30, 2017 6:05 PM

Does he throw baby tantrums when he gets triggered? Does he state his boundaries by spitting his pacifier at you?

Anti-babyism is LITERALLY killing us!!!!

by Anonymousreply 131November 30, 2017 6:08 PM

r87 I remember that guy, if memory serves he does work, and he does that on weekends maybe? I remember he said he had a horrible, abusive childhood and I felt for him, sounded like he just liked to sit in his crib and have his big, fat titted chick rock him. He didn't seem the type that would pull this kind of shit. r118 I think the diaper guy was stealing them for kids or to sell, not this kind of nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 132November 30, 2017 9:11 PM

by Anonymousreply 133March 18, 2018 6:46 AM

Adult coloring books are no big deal. We live in very stressful times and coloring is a good way to relieve stress and calm the mind. I say this as someone who hasn’t personally used a coloring book since I was a kid a quarter century ago. It's a pleasant, relaxing diversion like Sudoku or crossword puzzles. It’s also a temporary fad, not a sign of cultural regression.

Back to discussing the mentally ill fetishist.

by Anonymousreply 134March 18, 2018 7:49 AM

LBGTQ2++ community

by Anonymousreply 135March 19, 2018 5:25 AM

Geez. Why couldn't they just tell the dude he was way beyond fucked up and not to come round anymore?

by Anonymousreply 136March 19, 2018 6:33 AM

"What would DLers do in this situation?"

Depends.

by Anonymousreply 137March 19, 2018 6:45 AM

And you all realize that when general straight society (i.e the OVERWHELMING majority of human population) has had ENOUGH and puts an end to all these mentally ill, postmodern freaks, fetishists, pansexuals, "no-labels", non-binaries, gender fluids, "queers", paraphiliacs, "virtuous pedophiles",otherkin, transageists and whatever other bullshit designation has been tacked on to LGBTAUMURM&)(*&()__++++++ by that time, the only ones holding the bag will be the HOMOSEXUALS.

After all these creatures have scurried back to the safe confines of heteronormativity and underground sex culture , openly HOMOSEXUAL men and women will be blamed for ALL of it as, to heteros, WE were the ones who heralded it all in.

And maybe we were.

I've always said homosexual people are too fucking non-judgmental, "tolerant" and permissive for our own good.

by Anonymousreply 138March 19, 2018 7:32 AM

Is xer's name Stefonkee, per chance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 19, 2018 7:36 AM

StefonKNEE, rather.

Whatevah.

by Anonymousreply 140March 19, 2018 7:38 AM

He just gotta pee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 20, 2018 5:46 PM

Should have just told the guy to fuck off as soon as he presented his ridiculous demands. That's the only way to handle this sort of person. Zero tolerance for bullshit, right from the start.

by Anonymousreply 142March 20, 2018 6:12 PM

But it seems bullshit is all school has time for anymore.

by Anonymousreply 143March 20, 2018 9:24 PM

R134

Anyone suggesting that a normal functional adult regress into childhood behaviors to confront the Trump presidency or the general economic catastrophe facing our country is a moron.

Adult coloring books are the sign of a very sick society

by Anonymousreply 144March 21, 2018 5:18 AM

R144 Have you heard of playdough therapy for adults with mood disorders??

by Anonymousreply 145March 21, 2018 4:01 PM

So what was the upshot of all this, or was it just a random bump?

by Anonymousreply 146March 21, 2018 8:51 PM

I thought R145 was joking, but that is a thing, too

by Anonymousreply 147March 22, 2018 12:08 PM

UPDATES?

by Anonymousreply 148June 7, 2018 10:53 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 149May 9, 2019 9:34 PM

Was this guy related to the obese guy who took a shit on a plane a few months ago, then demanded to be wiped by a female flight attendant because he was too fat to do it for himself, started moaning while she did so, and has since died in Thailand?

by Anonymousreply 150May 10, 2019 11:34 PM

Stand by your employees, idiots.

by Anonymousreply 151May 11, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote] "VIU will continue to foster a caring and respectful community to ensure a high-quality teaching, learning and working environment."

Who are they referring to? The normal responsible people NOT forcing their paraphilia on others or the freaks?

by Anonymousreply 152May 11, 2019 12:47 AM

Nobody puts baby in a corner.

by Anonymousreply 153May 11, 2019 12:50 AM

R150 Link to thread?

by Anonymousreply 154May 14, 2019 8:50 PM

LGBTQ2SXYZZSFEEFKFGKFOVKGL;FLOOFGLVKVKVFKPVKGVKPIFBIFKOPOKBFOKB0KBOKOKBGOKBKGOBOKGKBOGKOGOKBGKOB+

by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2019 7:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!