JUSTICE LEAGUE REVIEWS

Good news, everybody!

It’s “okay.”

by Professor Farnsworthreply 60011/21/2017

I think this will be the median review once all is said and done

by Professor Farnsworthreply 111/10/2017

It looks terrible.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 211/10/2017

Yes we have been discussing them in the ongoing Justice League thread.

And to clarify, this is only social media reviews right now. The actual review embargo doesn't lift til Tuesday I believe.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 311/10/2017

That thread was for the trailer. This thread can be for the reviews.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 411/10/2017

Poor Henry, apparently the CGI over the moustache is noticeable.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 511/10/2017

Ben is showing bulge

by Professor Farnsworthreply 611/10/2017

I thought they weren't screening this for anyone until it opens.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 711/10/2017

What's the point of a review embargo if critics can just go on social media to post their reviews? In some ways it's more powerful and reaches more people than traditional print reviews.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 811/10/2017

R8 the reason is the Rotten Tomatometer

They may feel the movie will do poorly on the Tomatometer, which is pass/fail, but that comics fans will still embrace it

by Professor Farnsworthreply 911/10/2017

Social media reviews and "full" reviews are treated differently r8,

There was a social media embargo as well, but it was lifted today at noon PST. And as r9 said, social media reviews have nothing to do with rotten tomatoes/metacritic.

It is a much more powerful thing when someone can just click on Rotten tomatoes and see a score.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1011/10/2017

If there is a review embargo then critics shouldn't be able to post their reviews on social media either.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1111/10/2017

Repeated

[quote]Social media reviews and "full" reviews are treated differently. There was a social media embargo as well, but it was lifted today at noon PST.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1211/10/2017

It is NOT noon PST yet!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1311/10/2017

Yes, noon EST* obviously. My bad.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1411/10/2017

Looks good. I will see it today and tell my friends.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1511/10/2017

It doesn't open til next week r15.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1611/10/2017

Jesus they are doing ANOTHER round of free advance screenings, on Monday this time (they announced 50 free screenings for Tuesday last night)

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1711/10/2017

Oh, this movie is coming out? That’s nice, I guess.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1811/10/2017

$uper Heroe$

by Professor Farnsworthreply 1911/10/2017

Batman is now a plus sized gentleman? Gurl please.

And Ben still probably had to take breaks every five minutes for his suit being too tight.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2011/10/2017

Social media reviews mega thread on Reddit. The new 280-character format is a godsend for everyone who wanted to read more than short snippets.

And yeah, reactions seem mixed.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2111/11/2017

The digitally removed mustache

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2211/12/2017

One (negative) reviewer said you can clearly see the digital manipulation on his lips and that it's some real uncanny valley bullshit.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2311/12/2017

I'm guessing a 65% at RT.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2411/12/2017

R24 That would be my guess as well. If these early reactions from mainly low-tier and semi-professional critics are mixed, I can only imagine how much harsher the top critics will be.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2511/12/2017

LOL 65? Man of Steel got a 55 and BVS got 27, you think it’s suddenly going to jump to a 65?

40-50 at best.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2611/12/2017

I have seen zero Ads for this in NY.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2711/12/2017

This will not be a high scoring movie, that’s why Warner Bros is doing two days of free fan screenings on Monday and Tuesday before the embargo lifts the day before the movie officially opens.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2811/12/2017

In op’s picture they’re all looking at a naked woman in the 15th floor of a condo.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 2911/12/2017

[quote] LOL 65? Man of Steel got a 55 and BVS got 27, you think it’s suddenly going to jump to a 65?

Judging by the first impressions on social media it seems the reviewers had fun watching it. They all said it has issues with writing and pacing BUT they seemed to love the characters a lot. At this point I'd say 65% is not that far off from the truth.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3011/12/2017

In the history of reviews, have they ever embargoed a movie that got good ones?

If they're adding free screenings, what they're hoping is that good word of mouth might combat negative reviews.

Limited marketing and PR prior to release suggests they're trying to limit financial losses - movie budget was $300 million (although I don't know if that includes the extensive reshoots). Marketing could easily add another $200 million. BvS only made $873 million worldwide.

RT 40% sounds about right.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3111/12/2017

R22, that looks nothing like Henry Cavill. Looks like a balding Charlie Sheen.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3211/12/2017

Won't this cut into their box office when all the most devoted fans will see this for free on Mon and Tues?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3311/12/2017

Won't this cut into their box office when all the most devoted fans will see this for free on Mon and Tues?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3411/12/2017

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3511/12/2017

Can't they CGI in some more hair for Henry Cavill's browline if they're taking it away from his upper lip?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3611/12/2017

According to wikipedia, Jesse Eisenberg returns as Lex Luthor.

When will the DC Universe people ever hear their fans that they just do not want any more Lex Luthor, and that they especially do not want Jesse Eisenberg?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3711/12/2017

[quote]Won't this cut into their box office when all the most devoted fans will see this for free on Mon and Tues?

The number of people at those screenings is a tiny drop in the bucket.

Just as a note. Important to remember that the critics that were invited to the screenings that have been posting on social media were picked by Warner Brothers, they are largely people who are into comic book movies and should be more receptive.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3811/12/2017

R37 Oh no, the king of cringe is back?! The only actor ever to have given me thirdhand embarrassment.

But I heard a while back that he is definitely [italic]not[/italic] in the movie so perhaps there's a mistake on Wikipedia? Or maybe he's in one of the two post-credit scenes.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 3911/12/2017

[quote]Or maybe he's in one of the two post-credit scenes.

Bingo. Him and Joe M's Deathstroke are in a post-credit scene.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4011/12/2017

Yes, Jesse is cringeworthy. He should not have become an actor after the success of Facebook.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4111/12/2017

Oh my dear Lord R31. I thought you were kidding. It really does have a reported budget of $300M. There is no way that includes reshoots. I bet all in you are right - probably half a billion dollars sunk into this movie.

That is going to be hard to make back. People will see this movie no matter how bad (or good) it is, but they would have to make at least 1.2-1.3 billion to recoup this investment. I just don't think that will happen. Especially with Star Wars opening a month later.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4211/12/2017

The 300 mil budget is supposed to include the cost of the reshoots (which added well over 25 mil)

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4311/12/2017

R31 they embargoed Mad Max: Fury Road until the last minute and it became one of the best-reviewed films of that year.

But point taken. If this was any good they would have lifted it early like they did for Wonder Woman. If it scores above a 45% on Rotten Tomatoes I'll be surprised. And yes, I'm still going to see it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4411/12/2017

It is embarrassing how much they left Snyder kill the brand. This is a live action Justice League movie, a huge fucking deal, but no one expects it to come close to what the Avengers did. Purely because of the disastrous reception Batman vs Superman.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4511/12/2017

The most annoying part of this mess of a film universe is that it's directly responsible for this war on Rotten Tomatoes. No one gave a rat's ass about reviews for comic book movies until Batman V Superman got ripped to shreds by critics and fans couldn't take it because Marvel movies score well. I've visited Rotten Tomatoes for 10 years and it baffles me that people are choosing to blame a website for bad reviews when all it does is compile them. It's not their fault that BvS was dogshit.

I'm sure Justice League will have its redeemable movements considering Whedon got involved but I'm still not expecting much. I'm much more excited for Wonder Woman 2 and Aquaman, aka the movies not affected by Snyder's horrid taste.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4611/12/2017

*moments not movements

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4711/12/2017

Yep r46, so many people got pissed at Rotten Tomatoes because BvS got a shitty score.

It is also silly, it is got a below average cinemascore as well. Audiences didn't like it any better.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4811/12/2017

What's the deal with CGI-ing Cavill's upper lip area? Reshoot / Continuity issue?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 4911/12/2017

After Justice League initially wrapped he went to work on Mission Impossible where he needed to have a mustache.

But then Justice League needed two months of reshoots, so he had to go back and forth doing both films. They had no choice but to remove his mustache with CGI for all his scenes.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5011/12/2017

Legions of fanboys will be staying home because Disney will strategically releasing Star Wars: Battlefront II.

There goes the gamers.

Disney/Marvel is also releasing the full season of The Punisher on Netflix.

Meanwhile, Thor Ragnarok is still going strong and bringing in repeat viewers.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5111/12/2017

I read comics religiously as a teen and love the justice league. That said I will not pay a cent to see this movie. There are too many good justice league stories and other great entertainment options for me to waste 3 hrs and 20 bucks to see something that is C+ quality. This Trump era bullshit of "low bar for success" needs to stop.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5211/12/2017

Shitty villain. I liked him better in the Wonder Woman and even then I prefered the poison chick with the fucked up face.

I'm staying home.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5311/12/2017

I wonder why Cavill couldn't have just used a fake mustache for the other piece of shit he was working on. That seems like it would've been easier than CGI.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5411/12/2017

Low-budget and common sense, R54.

Obviously not compatible with the DCEU.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5511/12/2017

Doesn't work that way r54. He signed a contract to play that character and part of it was having a mustache, they weren't going to allow him to shave it while he is doing their movie and mess up their shooting.

It is not Paramount's fault that Warner Brothers needed him back after the movie had wrapped. That was their problem, and they were on the hook for trying to solve it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5611/12/2017

Is R22 really Henry Cavill?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5711/12/2017

They had to get Cavill for reshoots and then had to CGI his moustache out of each frame? What. A. Mess.

You know any regular actor would feel like shit, but I'm sure Ben's just doing some gambling and saving some dollars to put them in a stripper's slip later.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5811/12/2017

r58 I think Ben Affleck checked out a long time ago. He's the type of alkie who'll never stop drinking and eventually die from it. Like Spencer Tracy.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 5911/12/2017

An significant amount of scenes that have been in trailers have been cut

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6011/13/2017

Sorry, meant to link to this

Obviously, spoilers

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6111/13/2017

Dear God r37, please tell me that's a mistake. Jesse Eisenberg was the most unbearable element of BvS. Why would they do that do us AGAIN! With the exception of Wonder Woman, fuck DC Comics' films.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6211/13/2017

He is only in the post credit scenes.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6311/13/2017

The review embargo is scheduled to lift in the dead of night tomorrow, 2:50am. Also critics are barred from really talking about Superman in their review as Warners Brothers doesn't want to "spoil" him coming back. So dumb.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6411/13/2017

I hope Snyder never returns. So done with his sexist douche aesthetic.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6511/13/2017

So there isn't going to be a JL 2?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6611/13/2017

Justice League was originally conceptualized as a two part film. JL part 1 in November 17 and JL part 2 in summer 18. That idea was scrapped after the tepid response to BvsS. Warner Bros. condensed the JL story into one film. That doesn’t mean we are never getting a JL 2. Just not anytime in the foreseeable future. I guarantee all of the stars our contract shortly locked into a sequel if WB decides they want one down the road.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6711/13/2017

I swear that has been repeated several times, but maybe your post will finally get through to r66.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6811/13/2017

Another shot of Henry’s weird mouth

by Professor Farnsworthreply 6911/13/2017

OMG WATCH BEFORE TAKEN DOWN

HIS MOUTH IS SO FUCKED UP

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7011/13/2017

Eisenberg scene

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7111/13/2017

RottenTomatoes is delaying the release of the score until the day of the premiere.

[quote]Rather than publishing the Tomatometer score (a number calculated by averaging out the positive and negative assessments of a film) immediately as reviews come in post-embargo, Rotten Tomatoes will instead be saving the reveal of the score until 12:01am EST on Thursday 11/16 as part of the site’s new Facebook show See It/Skip It. That means the score won’t be known until just seven hours before the first screenings.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7211/13/2017

So are they going to post the reviews on their website without classifying it has fresh or rotten? I don't quite get how this works.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7311/13/2017

I guess they'll just hold back the number but release the reviews so those who really want to know the score can calculate it by themselves.

We'll see.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7411/13/2017

Here’s a chart for you r31. Dunkirk was embargoed, but it’s one of the few exceptions.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7511/13/2017

Yeah but if Rotten Tomatoes doesn't let you know whether the reviewer considered it "fresh" or "rotten" will make it a bit hard to calculate, many reviews can sort of run down the middle.

There will still be a metacritic score of course, I prefer metacritic anyway, but Rotten Tomatoes is the popular name.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7611/13/2017

We'll see if they take away the pictures of tomatoes next to reviews as well.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7711/13/2017

The Atlantic reviewer tweeted that he will be giving Five Marthas out of Ten Marthas.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7811/13/2017

So Rotten 🍅is only doing this for this movie? Why does Justice League get such special kids glove treatment?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 7911/13/2017

They did it for A Bad Moms Christmas too. The studios are probably paying them to delay publishing the scores.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8011/13/2017

If people see a movie doesn’t have a score and is opening in a few days, they’re just going to assume it blows and the studio is hiding something.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8111/13/2017

Poor Henry ! Mission Impossible was supposed to finish sooner, but was delayed because of to Cruise stunt and accident. Besides when he started Mission, he didn't know that Snyder would be unable to finish the film and that they would need reshoots.

He might not be a great actor, but he was perfect for Superman. He was abominably treated by that franchise. Better luck for his next gig.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8211/13/2017

R82 yeah, perfect casting but he was directed so poorly.

Cavill oozed charisma in The Man from UNCLE remake, and it's actually crazy that it's the same actor playing the empty shell formerly known as Superman

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8311/13/2017

R83, poorly directed and poorly written.

There is also the issue of Ben Affleck's Batman monopolizing more than his fair share of the script and having the character Superman denaturated to inflate the actor (Affleck 's) ego. To hell with logic and respect of canon. Finally, to add insult to injury they digitally mess the pretty boy's face. What a nightmare !

As I said : Better luck next time.

Yeah, a well written UNCLE 2 would be great, but I doubt it will happen.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8411/13/2017

I'm far from an SJW (I loathe SJWs) but Ben Affleck is just the poster boy for white male privilege. A mediocre talent, mediocre looks, fucking up time and time and time again and he keeps failing upwards with people making endless excuses for him and giving him chance after chance that most people would kill for.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8511/13/2017

[quote]He might not be a great actor, but he was perfect for Superman. He was abominably treated by that franchise. Better luck for his next gig.

I agree. Cavill was treated terribly. He can be a good actor with the right director, as noted above in the Man From UNCLE.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8611/13/2017

He is in JL for about 15 minutes according to DCEULeaks on reddit.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8711/13/2017

Cavill could have been a good actor. He was impressive in some early small films and of course in The Tudors. Getting Superman in this unfortunate series seems to have just dragged him down into mediocrity.

If he had gotten Bond instead, he might have been able to show off some skills and have some fun with the role. Too bad Man From U.N.C.L.E. was also a dud, he could have done something interesting with that franchise as well.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8811/13/2017

Oh, and fuck Rotten Tomatoes and their pandering.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 8911/13/2017

First fan screenings are done and people are answering question on DCEULeaks reddit

It looks like a massive amount of material was cut. Stuff that has been used in trailers for months is missing.

FWIW Zack Snyder did not attend the premiere tonight, so he probably took it personally.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9011/13/2017

we don't need more super hero movies.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9111/13/2017

Cavill would be a terrible choice for Bond.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9211/13/2017

He was not perfect for Superman. The hair was atrocious. It was too puffy on the sides and thin and receding in the front. It looked like a George Constanza Superman.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9311/13/2017

[quote] He was not perfect for Superman. The hair was atrocious. It was too puffy on the sides and thin and receding in the front. It looked like a George Constanza Superman.

Meanwhile Christopher Reeve wore a full on wig in Superman III and IV.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9411/13/2017

The biggest sin is I never believed Superman and Lois had a relationship. They were just cardboard generic characters, not real characters like Chris Reeve and Margot Kidder. Instead of portraying them having a relationship, they just show Lois naked in the tub and we're supposed to get that they're together. No one in Man of Steal or Batman Versatile Superman were real characters but cardboard cutouts. Compare this to any Marvel movie where they make every character a real person. They even made a tree and a raccoon into real people.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9511/13/2017

Is Ezra any good in this? That’s all I care about, for the sake of any future gay or “queer” *eye roll* leading man

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9611/13/2017

RottenTomatoes isn't pandering, it's a new feature. They did it for Bad Mom's Christmas, too. Of course, that doesn't mean I like it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9711/14/2017

Deborah Snyder was at the premiere, but not Zack. Kind of cowardly to send his wife without him.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9811/14/2017

R95, that is what I said : poor script. It kills everything.

And I still maintien Cavill was perfect for Superman. Not is fault he was ordered not to smile, look dour and grease his hair in severe fashion.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 9911/14/2017

Is eisenberg in this?I heard he had been dropped due to bad reviews!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10011/14/2017

He is in the post credit scene

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10111/14/2017

Reddit is whining about Snyder’s vision being ruined by the greedy suits at WB who only care about money.

Again.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10211/14/2017

R78 Lol they should've called this film The Sons Of Martha.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10311/14/2017

R102 And before Snyder they were worshipping Nolan. I wonder who their new saviour du jour will be once Snyder leaves.

I did enjoy them flipping out on Reddit when Affleck announced he wishes to exit gracefully with a solo movie. What is it with these people deifying actors who portray their favourite characters? Are they not capable of separating fiction from reality or what?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10411/14/2017

[Quote] Are they not capable of separating fiction from reality or what?

The short answer is no.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10511/14/2017

Spot the miserable one on this world premiere red carpet.

His eyes get smaller each time he appears in public.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10611/14/2017

Meanwhile, Gal is smiling like she knows something.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10711/14/2017

Who's the Chinese man in the middle? Actually ALL of them look Asian except for Henry Cavill.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10811/14/2017

The Asian guy in the middle plays The Flash.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 10911/14/2017

Chris Terrio is a fool. And a tool.

The modern day Hollywood writer. No guts, no originality, no spine, no imagination.

Typical film school geek.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11011/14/2017

Yep r105.

I am a comic book fan. I read comic books growing up, watched the cartoons, see all the movies.

But the hardcore fan culture is embarrassing.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11111/14/2017

[quote]Poor Henry ! Mission Impossible was supposed to finish sooner, but was delayed because of to Cruise stunt and accident. Besides when he started Mission, he didn't know that Snyder would be unable to finish the film and that they would need reshoots.

[quote]He might not be a great actor, but he was perfect for Superman. He was abominably treated by that franchise. Better luck for his next gig.

IIRC James Franco told that Cavill confessed to him (during the filming of Tristan and Isolde) that one of his career goals is to play Superman.

Well, Henry. Careful what you wish for, it might come true (but not turn out as you hope it would).

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11211/14/2017

Yep r112

[quote]"What Henry took seriously back then was Superman. He wanted to be Superman more than anything in the world," he remembers. " ... Henry was dying to do the Bryan Singer version of Superman that was being put together as we were shooting Tristan in Ireland and the Czech Republic in 2005. Henry was in the running but, in the end, he was passed over for Brandon Routh."

Not that Henry has made much of a secret of it. Getting paid lots of money to be sexy and heroic is what he always dreamed of.

Anyway, Joss Whedon did a complete reset on the characters personality to make him more in line with what Superman is supposed to be. But right now there are still no active plans for Man of Steel 2.

[quote]Speaking with the Washington Times, producer Charles Roven revealed there is currently no script for a second Superman movie, though “various story ideas” have been discussed.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11311/14/2017

R97, they are pandering to the studios.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11411/14/2017

Nah, they're trying to pimp their new show where they release the score with great fanfare. If making nice with the studio(s) is a consequence of that, so much better.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11511/14/2017

Of course the reddit is keeping track of the "potential rotten tomato" score based on social media reactions, and currently they are clocking the movie at a 64%

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11611/14/2017

[quote]I'm guessing a 65% at RT.

What's my prize? 😎

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11711/14/2017

Deleted scenes

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11811/14/2017

It. Blows.

Go see action packed Geostorm instead.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 11911/14/2017

I would dearly love this to make less money than Wonder Woman did.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12011/14/2017

I’m not expecting to be wowed but I’m not expecting to hate it either. I took my niece to see WW last summer and I’m planning to take her to see this Friday.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12111/14/2017

[quote]The biggest sin is I never believed Superman and Lois had a relationship. They were just cardboard generic characters, not real characters like Chris Reeve and Margot Kidder. Instead of portraying them having a relationship, they just show Lois naked in the tub and we're supposed to get that they're together. No one in Man of Steal or Batman Versatile Superman were real characters but cardboard cutouts. Compare this to any Marvel movie where they make every character a real person. They even made a tree and a raccoon into real people.

This is supposed to be what Whedon fixed. The reviews universally say at least the characterization of the heroes was finally done well.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12211/14/2017

[quote]And I still maintien Cavill was perfect for Superman. Not is fault he was ordered not to smile, look dour and grease his hair in severe fashion.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12311/14/2017

The Flash comes across as extremely (and I hate to use this word) "faggy."

Especially in that race clip with Cavill.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12411/14/2017

[quote]The Flash comes across as extremely (and I hate to use this word) "faggy."

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12511/14/2017

WHO is that queen at R123? Talk about faggy.💅🏻👸🏼

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12611/14/2017

Critics embargo is down

Reddit is collecting reviews as Rotten Tomatoes is delaying

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12711/14/2017

The critics are having fun

Vanity Fair: A big, ugly mess

The Wrap: This film looks like Axe Body Spray smells

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12811/14/2017

The Vanity Fair review really goes for the jugular

by Professor Farnsworthreply 12911/14/2017

It’s going to be between 30 and 40 based on those who are tracking in the reddit thread

That was my prediction! I’m so excited.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13011/14/2017

RT is actually posting a score on its Flixter app

It’s at 48 right now

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13111/14/2017

Affleck is being SAVAGED. He won’t take this well

Guardian: But Ben Affleck is unrelaxed and ill-at-ease in the role of Batman/Bruce, unconvincing in both the bat armour and the three-piece suit of the wealthy plutocrat. “What’s your superpower?” asks The Flash and Bruce replies: “I’m rich.” It feels a bit late for this film to have cottoned on to a daringly heretical Batman joke that people have been making for years. Really, Affleck spreads a pall of dullness over the film. He doesn’t have the implacable, steely ferocity and conviction that Christian Bale had; he seems to have a faint sheen of sweat, as if the Batcave thermostat is up too high, and his attempts at droll humour and older-generation wisdom make his Batman look stately and marginal. Maybe we should get George Clooney back for the role.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13211/14/2017

Sounds like there is not a little SJW scoresettling in the to Affleck’s performance and the licking of Gal Gadot clit

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13311/15/2017

In the reporting of Affleck's performance *

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13411/15/2017

R132 “and Ezra Miller does his best with the Flash”

Well, that’s that then. Back to playing sissies and comic relief roles

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13511/15/2017

Is there an actual villain portrayed by an actor? Or, another growling CGI creature / horde of creatures?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13611/15/2017

The Big Bad is another CGI creation, motion-captured and voiced by Ciaran Hinds.

Make of that what you will.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13711/15/2017

Why didn't they just get David Thewlis to play his villain character again?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13811/15/2017

It sounds dreadful but will still make money. I hate how Warner Bros can control the date of the Rotten Tomatoes score ( they own part of RT I guess that's why).

by Professor Farnsworthreply 13911/15/2017

Everything deleted from Justice League

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14011/15/2017

51 on Metacritic

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14111/15/2017

Can't we just admit that DC has turned into the Lipstick Lezbo brand and make all the characters eagerly self-discovering young women who talk about their feelings for three hours?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14211/15/2017

The reviews are terrible, not “okay.”

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14311/15/2017

They are at least more positive than Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad's reception, which is a low bar, but a positive thing you can say.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14411/15/2017

The Flash supposedly lands face first in WW's cleavage at one point. You know, for laughs.

I am so done with Snyder. Douchey bros like him have no business making movies.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14511/15/2017

[Quote] Douchey bros like him have no business making movies.

Unfortunately there's a lot of them in Hollywood.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14611/15/2017

[quote]The Flash supposedly lands face first in WW's cleavage at one point

I told them I’d only do one take and to have a gallon of Purell waiting afterward. I date girls!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14711/15/2017

It is tracking for around a 105-115 mil domestic opening, which might sound like a lot, but is quite disappointing for a property this big. That was "Man of Steel"'s opening weekend.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14811/15/2017

42% on RT. Shows on apps.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 14911/15/2017

Non-spoiler mixed review from a huge DC fan.

She really shits on Ezra Miller, saying he's being disrespectful to the character. Maybe he should vogue less and learn how to run first, ha! I'm afraid to watch the cam version when it comes out because almost all of his jokes reportedly bomb. I just can't deal with that much cringe. But if anyone has ever wanted to see Ezra eating his own cock, this will be the perfect opportunity.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15011/15/2017

If JL opened less than Thor 3 ($122 million) it would be hugely embarrassing for the DC Brand.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15111/15/2017

So Ezra’s superqueero is a dud then? luke...There...is...another...

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15211/15/2017

[quote]In those central roles, both the [bold]increasingly fleshy[/bold] Ben Affleck and a desiccated Jeremy Irons are starting to feel as tired as their dry repartee.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15311/15/2017

I see the name Grace thrown around here and a lot and this was the first time I have actually watched on her reviews, man I disagree with her r150. She loves Snyder's vision for the DC, loved Snyder's portrayal of Superman in the last two movies. Could not disagree with her more. Interesting that she loves Affleck's contribution this movie, when most critics feel as if he was basically sleep walking through this role. But we all have our opinions I suppose.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15411/15/2017

Grace is a bitch and a huge homophobe. She keeps trying to out Henry Cavill.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15511/15/2017

[quote]So Ezra’s superqueero is a dud then?

Most reviews seem to mention him positively as adding charm to the proceedings.

Grace's complaints are based on he has little in common with comic book Barry Allen, which is fair I suppose if that is important to you.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15611/15/2017

R155 I've been watching her videos for three years now and she said that about Cavill exactly once, so your claim is false on its face. She's not a homophobe either and I don't know where you got that. She's the only YouTube reviewer who reacted to the (horrid) CMBYN movie trailer. However, she does advocate producing movies that make money, even if that means those movies aren't "progressive" or "diverse". Which means she's for keeping the status quo, which could, in turn, be interpreted as soft homophobia by not doing anything about the problem.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15711/15/2017

No, the bitch did it last week, she brought up Henry's sexuality in regards to Kevin Spacey molesting teenage boys. Fuck her. She reminds me of Anne Coulter.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15811/15/2017

[quote]. She's the only YouTube reviewer who reacted to the (horrid) CMBYN movie trailer

You put her hating on the CMBYN movie trailer as a positive...?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 15911/15/2017

R158 Yes, that was that one mention I was talking about and everyone got (rightfully) upset with her.

Constantly calling her a bitch tells me you have issues with women in general and I can't really help you with that, I'm afraid. Snyder movies must be right up your alley.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16011/15/2017

Superhero films go to shit when they start pandering with “empowering messages” and “feels” to the female audience, whom, face it, traditionally where mostly dragged along by their boyfriends. Imagine if romcoms had to pander to male interests and how that would fly! Men and women have significantly different psychological triggers and responses vis-a-vis sex and violence resulting in mostly different interests overall. Deal with it. And respect BOTH demographics by not imposing the others value system.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16111/15/2017

ScreenRant naively hoping for a fresh score. I guess they haven't seen the Flixter leak.

[quote]But it’s not necessary to wait until See It/Skip It makes its decree to form a highly educated guess as to the movie’s score. Dozens of reviews of the film are flooding social media as the embargo lifts. Of those, we are currently tracking 58 are from reputable, professional outlets that are always listed on Rotten Tomatoes, including the likes of Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, The Wrap, and Empire. Running those reviews through the same simple positive/negative ratio Rotten Tomatoes uses gives Justice League a Tomatometer score of 60.34%, just barely cracking into positive territory. Interestingly, the estimated “Top Critic” score is sitting higher at a clean fresh rating of 64%.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16211/15/2017

Superhero stories have always been about empowering messages r161, it is pretty much the basis of the superhero.

And if you by "feels" you mean actually creating relatable characters that feel real, that is exactly why Marvel has been a mind-boggling successful franchise. They get that it is about the characters and making them feel like real people.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16311/15/2017

[Quote] to the female audience, whom, face it, traditionally where mostly dragged along by their boyfriends.

You're so full of shit.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16411/15/2017

Seems like the reviewers are grading it on a curve. They're taking into account both WW and BvS (and also SS) which, in effect, neutralizes their bias as it's better than BvS and worse than WW.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16511/15/2017

I'd bet r161 doesn't see anything wrong with empowering wish-fulfillment stories about straight white men. But when it is a woman or minority, it feels wrong and pandering.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16611/15/2017

[quote]Seems like the reviewers are grading it on a curve. They're taking into account both WW and BvS (and also SS) which, in effect, neutralizes their bias as it's better than BvS and worse than WW.

Yeah, pretty much what everyone is saying. Better than BvS, but worse than WW. And of course they have to throw in that is doesn't measure up to the Avengers.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16711/15/2017

R140, why did they have to put that crepey old person makeup on Henry Cavill? Is he supposed to have aged significantly after he came back from the dead?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16811/15/2017

Not technically a review and not (yet) Justice League, have a look at the recap of BvS by How it should have ended, for people like me who did not quite remember the previous movie...

by Professor Farnsworthreply 16911/15/2017

The best part of the movie has leaked. Henry Cavill's resurrection scene where he spends 6 minutes shirtless.

Don't watch if you don't really want to be spoiled.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17011/15/2017

LOL already taken down R170

Still I amused as hell that WB didn't actipate so much would leak when they offered free fan screenings FOUR DAYS before the movie opened.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17111/15/2017

From TheWrap review:

[quote]...if Miller wants to be the comedy relief of this franchise, he might consider bringing the mugging and the double-takes down from a nine to a six.

I think I'm gonna love hate-watching Ezra in this movie. Still, I don't blame him; it's the director's job to direct the actors properly and catch anything that isn't working. There's no way you can just let a twenty-something actor have free reign on his character in a blockbuster. Or any other movie for that matter.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17211/15/2017

Many reviewers did love what he did.

[quote]Ezra Miller’s Flash — a far more neurotic and humorous depiction of Barry Allen than viewers of The CW series might recognize — is a standout and scene-stealer. He’s funny, sweet, and excitable, and has a good rapport with all the other heroes even when he’s annoying them

[quote]LOL already taken down

Damn, it must have been removed as soon as I finished watching.

[quote]Still I amused as hell that WB didn't actipate so much would leak when they offered free fan screenings FOUR DAYS before the movie opened.

I'm sure they accepted it would. They are also opening in China the same day as America, which means there will be some decent cam versions leaked online a day later.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17311/15/2017

That was from IGN btw.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17411/15/2017

Still tracking for a $110 million opening

how embarrassing if it comes in $50 million lower than BVS

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17511/15/2017

NY Times Review:

"Review: ‘Justice League,’ Better Than the Last One!"

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17611/15/2017

Not as embarrassing if it comes in lower than Thor.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17711/15/2017

The Grace reviewer is clearly a shill doing her best to not come off as shill and terribly failing at it. You couldn't pay me enough to even act like I trust and validate her opinion.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17811/15/2017

Why Cyborg and not Green Lantern? Green Lantern is one of the founding members of the JL. Cyborg is Teen Titans (or was) and not many people know who the fuck he is anyway?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 17911/15/2017

Two reasons:

1) They needed a person of color in the film, and they can't use the John Stewart Green Lantern because Geoff Johns jerks off to Hal Jordan.

2) They're trying to have him be the DC version of Iron Man.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18011/15/2017

The movie is getting torn apart for how it's treating Diana and the Amazons. Pointed out that in Wonder Woman, she was allowed to be sexy, but not leered at. And instead of being in outfits that, while skimpy, looked like armor, the Amazons are now wearing bikinis.

Ugh.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18111/15/2017

I always wonder how I should feel about that. Is it hypocritical to say female superheroes can't be objectified at all? Male superheroes obviously are, we get lingering shots of their muscled bodies that I am thankful for. I know Chris Hemsworth likes to complain there wasn't a shirtless scene in the scripts of "The Dark World" or "Ragnarok" but they decided while filming they needed some beefcake.

I honestly don't have an answer. But I get given the terrible only exists for eye candy treatment that girls have often got there are strong feelings about it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18211/15/2017

A brutal C- review from the AV Club. I wanted to see it for the special effects but even those suck ass, apparently. Oh well.

[quote]But in Justice League, the more striking details of Patrick Tatopoulos’ grotesque-industrial production design bob through the muddy, nonstop exposition like undigested matter in violent diarrhea. Don’t let the slick, well-chosen production stills fool you: This is for the most part a cramped and cheaply ugly movie, with crappy special effects. The nicest thing that can be said is that the producers have made it impossible for viewers to tell what is and isn’t a reshoot; a significant part of the movie is set in cramped, windowless rooms or in front of obvious green screens.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18311/15/2017

[quote]I wanted to see it for the special effects but even those suck ass, apparently. Oh well.

You can tell from leaked footage that in many cases the last minute reshoots are very obvious and look cheap (And Cavill's face looking fake). And lots of reviewers have complained about the CGI for Steppenwolf.

That is what happens when you have to do extensive last minute reshoots. It is just not going to look as good. Everything has to be done on green screens rather than sets, and you have less post-production time to work the CGI.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18411/15/2017

rather than locations*

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18511/15/2017

[quote]I always wonder how I should feel about that. Is it hypocritical to say female superheroes can't be objectified at all?

I think there's a difference between showing off Gal's legs in a miniskirt and doing a shot up said miniskirt.

And this is me personally, but I don't really get all that turned on by Henry's tit muscles. I know that's DL sacrilege.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18611/15/2017

Ben Affleck jokes about sexual harrassment during Justice League group interview. The look on the others face is priceless (scroll down). Like someone else wrote in some feedback, it is like a Renaissance painting.

Ah, Affleck ! Always so classy !

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18711/15/2017

Is he...trying to get fired?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18811/15/2017

[QUOTE]And instead of being in outfits that, while skimpy, looked like armor, the Amazons are now wearing bikinis.

In fairness to Snyder - and I can't quite believe I typed that as I can't stand him - he did do the same to men in 300.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 18911/15/2017

This film is important for most of the other actors to maybe launch a franchise for them. Affleck doesn't need it and doesn't care about the film.

Gal Gadot doesn't need it either, having huge success with WW, but, you know, she behaves.

Everybody knows the film is far from excellent, but damn, don't act like you don't give a f*ck.

Now a team player, is he ?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19011/15/2017

[quote]In fairness to Snyder - and I can't quite believe I typed that as I can't stand him - he did do the same to men in 300.

Historically, the soldiers in 300 should’ve been nude. Alas.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19111/15/2017

So he's a bi-curious perv.

It's probably more jarring because Patty Jenkins did such a good job of keeping it sexy without it feeling exploitative. Even the pre-sex scene between Diana and Steve was tasteful, if unnecessary. And she got Chris Pine naked, and god love her for it.

It's just that with Snyder being a perv combined with Joss Whedon's fake feminism, there's not a whole lot of #woke-ness to grasp onto. Especially since even the most negative reviews have praised Gal, and Diana is the one character that the audience would automatically have an emotional connection to.

For all of the problems Marvel has had with their female characters, they have at least mostly avoided being pervy. There has been a lot more male flesh on display than female, although in fairness, part of that is from hurting for female characters. Although, have you seen Michael B Jordan in the Black Panther trailers? Damn.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19211/15/2017

Not quite, R191, that period actually came after the Battle of Thermopylae, during the time of the battle they would've worn body armour. Frank Miller has admitted this and said he drew them almost naked to make them look good. And then made some homophobic jokes. As he was drawing almost naked men because they looked better than those in armour. Hm.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19311/15/2017

What possible excuse do they have to not get CG right in 2017? Those guys have exactly one job and still they manage to fuck it up.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19411/15/2017

They overworked the CGI team and wouldn't pony up the extra money to get extra help.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19511/15/2017

Isn't it a question of time as much as technology? Weren't they still doing reshoots as recently as six weeks ago?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19611/15/2017

R194 I’m going with time crunch. Man of Steel and BVS both were pushed back over half a year because of post-production. JL has never been pushed back from its original release date.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19711/15/2017

Time is a huge factor. Movies work on making the CGI better until the last minute they can. Rendering good CGI is a meticulous and time-consuming process.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19811/15/2017

Eh, I haven't heard of a CG team who hasn't complained about being overworked and having to work until the last possible minute. That just can't be an excuse anymore.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 19911/15/2017

Also the CG team rendered a lot of scenes that ended up being cut. So a lot of work went into nothing.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20011/15/2017

Due to reshoots this movie had a very short and rushed post-production period. When you have to do two months of reshoots, they really should have pushed back the opening.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20111/15/2017

Though I will add "Justice League" is not alone, "Thor: Ragnarok" reshot that scene with Odin's death and you could tell. It looked cheap as hell, the CGI background was a joke.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20211/15/2017

And part of those reshoots required them to edit out a moustache. And R199, you sound like a studio exec frankly.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20311/15/2017

Cavill's stache reportedly gave them hell as they had to remove it frame by frame. Even fanboys on Reddit are bitching that he looks like a stroke victim in some shots.

R203 Nah, just a customer tired of shoddy jobs in my favourite movies.

R202 Yeah, that was awful.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20411/15/2017

I'm being likened to a studio exec for wanting decent CG in one of the biggest CG spectacles of 2017. This is where we are now.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20511/15/2017

From the reviews I've read, I don't think things will bode well for Ezra. There were already comments about how they're just making him DC's Peter Parker, and I get the feeling the humour might work for some reviewers but won't for a lot of the audience.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20611/15/2017

[QUOTE]I'm being likened to a studio exec for wanting decent CG in one of the biggest CG spectacles of 2017

That's disingenuous. I likened you to an exec because of you saying

[QUOTE]I haven't heard of a CG team who hasn't complained about being overworked and having to work until the last possible minute. That just can't be an excuse anymore.

Well the amount of reshoots actually makes that a perfect excuse in my opinion. And I think you're like an exec because you're trying to blame the CGI team, rather than the executives who should've pushed the release date back to give post the time and resources it actually needed

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20711/15/2017

The mustache is really going to be the through-line in all of the reviews, isn't it? Have the Durrell creatures weighed in yet?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20811/15/2017

Aaaanyway... the full scene in which Superman returns (pre-stache) has leaked but it's being taken down everywhere so I missed it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 20911/15/2017

Well, is that scene any good ?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21011/15/2017

Matt Zoller Seitz, whom I respect a lot as a critic, gave it 3 out of 4 stars. So all is not yet lost. Maybe the heart of it all will help me overlook the weaker things.

R210 Those who have seen it are divided. Some say it's epic but others are complaining about the obvious green screen and bad CG.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21111/15/2017

There are some screenshots of the leaked scene

The gigantic tit muscles look good

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21211/15/2017

I found it hosted elsewhere

Watch before removed

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21311/15/2017

But WHY does Barry doing whatever that is to the Motherbox bring Superman back to life?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21411/15/2017

Thanks R213

Apparently that is one of the better sequences. I'd also like to see the flashback battle that happened 3000 years ago when The Greek Gods, The Amazons, mankind, Atlanteans, and the Green Lantern Corps fought the first Apokolips invasion.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21511/15/2017

R214 because apparently since Cyborg was formed by the motherbox he came with the FAQ about how to use it to bring about the dead. From what I understand, about halfway through they realize they can do this. Basically out of the blue.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21611/15/2017

What's the consensus on Aquaman? I've only read a couple of the reviews and there's little mention of Momoa.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21711/15/2017

Starts of OK but turns into a wisecracker..

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21811/15/2017

[quote] I've only read a couple of the reviews and there's little mention of Momoa.

Yeah most of the reviews are just like "and Aquaman is there". Doesn't seem like he leaves a strong impression.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 21911/15/2017

Vanity Fair on Aquaman

[QUOTE]That last goof is, in some ways, a tidy representation of what’s wrong with the broader movie. Perhaps sensing that the fish-man is not the coolest character on the DC roster (uncool enough to be parodied on Entourage, even), Justice League turns Aquaman into a swaggering hothead who’d be a better fit in Universal’s Fast & Furious franchise. He’s barely in the water; the movie doesn’t even bother to provide the occasional convenient canal or fjord for him. So he’s instead just some oafish tough guy who spars with his teammates for laughs—inexplicably, mind you, as no clear, consistent social dynamic is established at any point. Aquaman exists in the laziest possible terms, in perhaps the laziest possible movie—lazy despite all the crashing and booming and piling on.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22011/15/2017

Aquaman as a character is quite strong. Wonder Woman level of power. He isn't supposed to be bland (this isn't Superfriends circa 1973) but he was NEVER a douchebro. Vanity Fair nailed it here, I fear.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22111/15/2017

I can imagine the extra costs of CGI aquatic life, but that is one of the uniquely cool things about Aquaman.

Movie sounds like a mess that I won't waste time on.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22211/15/2017

Superfriends definitely cast a long shadow over Aquaman. He has been a powerful badass since like 1989. Not on Diana's level though.

Actually that leaked fight scene captures it well. Diana is the only one strong enough to challenge Clark and even then Supes will always be strongest.

But honestly personality-wise I feel like Aquaman has always been sorta bland and they could never quite land on who he was as a person. I don't mind Justice League having their own take on the character (same as I don't mind their take on Barry Allen). Can't say if I will like their take yet, but I don't mind them doing it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22311/15/2017

Amy Adams collecting another paycheck...what is she doing to her career?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22411/15/2017

Does everyone know Superman's identity?

Who shows up and Alfred said "he knew that you'd come"

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22511/15/2017

That scene is cut

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22611/15/2017

R224, I think Amy Adam kind of alternates her movies thinking :"One for them, one for me". It works.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22711/15/2017

Amy Adams isn't getting any younger, she needs to make as much bank as she can in the next few years.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22811/15/2017

So a friend who is high up on the DC food chain gave me these nuggets:

They cut out a lot of Aquaman exposition and character development The Bat clearly didn't want to be there after the horrible reviews for B vs S Everyone loves Flash because he is the nerdy "everyman" that people can relate to, as well as the comic foil Everyone loves Gal because she has that It factor HC didn't want to shave off his mustache, then complained why his mouth looked so weird when he saw the movie Any hope of getting a standalone Cyclops movie is nil because too much of his face is obscured and not enough emoting

by Professor Farnsworthreply 22911/15/2017

DAMMIT RE-FORMATTING! They cut out a lot of Aquaman exposition and character development

The Bat clearly didn't want to be there after the horrible reviews for B vs S

Everyone loves Flash because he is the nerdy "everyman" that people can relate to, as well as the comic foil

Everyone loves Gal because she has that It factor

HC didn't want to shave off his mustache, then complained why his mouth looked so weird when he saw the movie

Any hope of getting a standalone Cyclops movie is nil because too much of his face is obscured and not enough emoting

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23011/15/2017

JL will make big money first weekend, fall 60+% week after and there we go (though it may retain No. 1 position).

If its true the production/reshoots/advertising(?) added up to $350M it is going to need to hustle, hustle, hustle.....

In 5 months time look for the Ultimate Edition on home video with 30 minutes put back in and tons of extras.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23111/15/2017

I have no problem with Cavill as Suprman and Gadot as WW. Affleck is too fat and too old. Aquaman is NOT a hippie douchebro. Charlie Hunnam would have been SO much better (but got stuck playing that OTHER King Arthur) and Flash's costume looks like a hot mess. Armor??

Cyborg is a mistake. They should have had John Stewart Green Lantern. Another female would have also been welcomed--Black Canary, or even Vixen.

It's just disappointing that this is a mess after the fantastic WONDER WOMAN. I'll still probably see it, but I think if I go to a movie this weekend, it will be LADY BIRD.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23211/15/2017

I found this hater's review-- Kyle Smith from the New York Post and the National Review:

[quote] Victor/Cyborg, (played by Ray Fisher), comes across as a humorless, second-rate version of Iron Man. He couldn’t be less interesting if he were called Zinc Man, plus he seems to have learned too well from Ben Affleck’s Novocain-injected acting. Flat as Affleck and Fisher are, though, they’re better than Miller, who has been irritating in every film he’s ever made and provides his usual skin-rash presence here. His Flash is meant to be like Tom Holland’s endearing Spider-Man: the excitable, boyish nerd who brings the whimsy and the comic relief. Instead he’s like the loser in the back of the school bus on the field trip who can’t stop delivering one-liners only he finds funny.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23311/15/2017

R230 = idiot

Henry couldn’t shave his mustache because he was under contract to Paramount and they wouldn’t let him as he was shooting Mission Impossible 6

This has been in the news for like five months

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23411/15/2017

[quote]they’re better than Miller, who has been irritating in every film he’s ever made and provides his usual skin-rash presence here

This pretty much tells everything you need to know about the reviewer in R233. Sounds either like a homophobic cunt or a gay man afraid of slightly femme gay/bi men. I haven't seen Ezra in everything he's done but I remember him being quite charming in The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23511/15/2017

How long does it take him to grow his mustache? They couldn't give him a fake mustache until his real one grew back?!?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23611/15/2017

R236, it sounds like Paramount was deliberately trying to make it hard for WB to loan Cavill.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23711/15/2017

Mission 6 had a very strenuous shooting schedule because of the amount of location shooting (UK, Paris, New Zealand, Norway) so Paramount was first and foremost interested in protecting their film’s continuity

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23811/16/2017

Yeah, it was not Henry's fault. The decision was stupide, of course, But the pour guy is a victims of it. They sure don't make his experience as Superman an easy and pleasant one : dumb script, stodgy direction, being pushed to the margins, almost outmof the film by bigger star Affleck, being made to look ridiculous because of the mustache thing. His best quality is being cute and now, they sabotaged it.

I wish they'd give him a chance to have his Superman movie, free of all that.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 23911/16/2017

Man of Steel 2!?!

Is that still in pre-production? I would think it best to shelve that along with the Cyborg standalone movie.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24011/16/2017

Well, IF they manage to wrote a good script ....

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24111/16/2017

RT score has been revealed yet still no score on the main RT site. What gives?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24211/16/2017

My guess is that Rotten is desperately trying to keep their Independence but at some point the parent company is stepping in.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24311/16/2017

It’s 43%

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24411/16/2017

r234, Yes we all knew, but the fact that he had to ask why his mouth looked funny tells us that he's not the brightest bulb in the attic.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24511/16/2017

Ooh, Grace has some sweet, sweet gossip: an insider source contacted her after she had blamed Snyder for the sexist portrayal of Wonder Woman. Apparently, all the sexist shit is Whedon's doing and the cast and the crew were against adding such humour across the board and they all resented him for it.

This so delicious it really ought to be fattening. Whedon is definitely taking the fall for this.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24611/16/2017

Who keeps pushing this homophobic bitch on here? Can you go away?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24711/16/2017

Rob Keyes from ScreenRant tweets that Affleck is (probably) done.

[quote]Ben Affleck won't be in Matt Reeves' Batman movie(s). Reeves doesn't want him. I don't know the plans for #JusticeLeague sequel but don't be surprised if the age of Batfleck is over. THR was right long ago and reports aren't just "rumors" or speculation.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24811/16/2017

I'm so glad we get to see Cavill's hairy tits again. And he seems to have added some new facial expressions to his arsenal. I'm impressed.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 24911/16/2017

I'm genuinely surprised Whedon didn't fire Gadot and replace her with his fucktoy Amy Acker.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25011/16/2017

That Grace chick has such a shrill and irritating voice, I couldn't finish watching that video.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25111/16/2017

Perhaps they were too busy with corn and Henry's stache that they ran out of time for the actual, important CG?

Unbelievable. CG corn!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25211/16/2017

I just can't look at Ben Affleck without seeing a fat, bloated aging alcoholic. He takes me right out of every scene he's in. He's one of those actors who has such a tabloid "too much information" persona you can't see him as a character.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25311/16/2017

ScreenRant's Hannah Shaw-Williams‏ :

[quote]I think Justice League gave me superhero fatigue.

[quote]I definitely believe that there was an early cut of Justice League that was completely unwatchable.

[quote]The version they released is watchable, just about. But... oof.

And that's coming from someone who liked BvS and found "charm" in SS.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25411/16/2017

She's also a huge Call Me By Your Name fan, for some reason, and plugs it on Twitter at every opportunity. So I'm inclined not to put any trust in her taste levels.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25511/16/2017

If the response to this is as tepid as it seems it’s going to be, I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit the brakes, hard.

Aquaman is already in the can, and they can’t not do the Wonder Woman sequel, but I’d put good money they delay starting production on the Shazam movie.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25611/16/2017

Yeah, I can also see either brakes or a soft reboot in the future.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25711/16/2017

Shazam is being done through New Line and will be a comedy. It's safe.

The reason greenlighting is slow is addition due to wait-and-see for Justice League, is Kevin Tsujihara's anticipated ouster once AT&T completes the acquisition of Time Warner. A new studio boss will get to determine how to pick up the pieces.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25811/16/2017

R213

Wow, they have really turned Batman into a fucking joke, haven’t they? Looks like a parody.

Seems like staying away from the Afflek Batman movies was the right call...

by Professor Farnsworthreply 25911/16/2017

Almost every review says that Gal Gadot carries the movie. She appears to be a genuine star in the making.

I hope she's considered for Scott Rudin's Cleopatra.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26011/16/2017

Gadot is winning by default.

I hope she has a sense of that. She's in for a rude awakening if she gets too big for her battle skirt.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26111/16/2017

[quote]Whedon is definitely taking the fall for this.

Whedon is the only reason its RT score is in the 40s instead of the 20s like BvS.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26211/16/2017

Whedon enraged DC fans today by liking a tweet that bashed Steppenwolf and likened him to Malekith.

Mind you, I loved Malekith but I'm definitely in the minority on that one.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26311/16/2017

Shouldn't DC fans be enraged at Warner Bros for ruining the first live action justice league film?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26411/16/2017

But Steppenwolf is shitty villain, every review acknowledges that r263. I guess butthurt fanboys don't have the humor for him to be deprecating about it. I mean it is even a joke at Marvel's expense as well.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26511/16/2017

Why didn't they use Darkseid as the main villain?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26611/16/2017

[quote]Shouldn't DC fans be enraged at Warner Bros for ruining the first live action justice league film?

Exactly. I mean you had "Justice League" starting production two weeks after "Batman vs Superman" opened which was the first film that created this universe. Just mind-numbingly stupid.

Then everyone hates Batman Vs Superman and do we push back the opening date? Nope, let's just keep going and we will "make it work".

I mean I want a great Justice League movie, these are iconic characters. But Warner Brothers have never cared about trying to do it right.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26711/16/2017

R265 They demand mafia-like loyalty from everyone involved. No room for self-deprecation. That mentality starts with Kevin Tsujihara and just goes down from there.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26811/16/2017

Summary of the plot from Reddit

“World Sad. Superman dead. Batman catch flying thing. Find bad guy coming. Need to stop bad guy from stealing boxes. Batman and Wonder Woman find Fast Guy, Water Man and Robot Boy to help. They battle bad guy but he strong. Need Superman. Use box to bring Superman back to life. Superman confused and fight Batman, Wonder Woman, Fast Guy, Water Man, and Robot Boy. Lois calm him down. He leaves. The rest go fight bad guy. Superman joins them. They beat bad guy. Everyone smiles. The end.”

by Professor Farnsworthreply 26911/16/2017

Down to 40% now

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27011/16/2017

This is going to be the biggest piece of shit ever!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27111/16/2017

[quote]I'm genuinely surprised Whedon didn't fire Gadot and replace her with his fucktoy Amy Acker.

I know it's a joke, but Amy Acker is on the "The Gifted" show produced by Bryan Singer.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27211/16/2017

The RT score has finally been released on the main site and it's at 40% (and 30% for Top Critics).

Average rating is 5.2 for both groups, similar to the Metacritic score of 48. Waiting for the second wave of reviews now.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27311/16/2017

Why wasn't Ben the Sexiest Man Alive this year?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27411/16/2017

You know, I'm reading the Top Critics' reviews on RT right now and... it's really not that bad? I mean, the average rating is 5.2 which means it's an okay movie. Most of them are definitely not savaging it or anything like that.

R274 Because that would come across as making fun of his alcoholism.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27511/16/2017

[quote]Why wasn't Ben the Sexiest Man Alive this year?

Because he's an old, fat alcoholic.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27611/16/2017

gifs of Cavill's tittes

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27711/16/2017

R277 He really is god-like and he fucking knows it as well. Lucky guy who gets to unload on that rug.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27811/16/2017

R275 is part of the problem. Only a desperate fanboy or someone with zero discernment would say 5.2 out of 10 is a good or decent number. A movie does not have to be Oscar worthy to be good. That is why people hate or ignore fanboys. They work so hard to convince themselves something is alright because they want it to be, instead of demanding the studio do better with directing, scripts and casting.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 27911/16/2017

R279 A 5.2 movie is neither here nor there. Which would by definition make it just an okay movie. What part of that in particular flies over your head?

And I've been shitting on the CG team's work, Whedon, and Synder throughout this thread so I'm definitely not a fanboy. Just a casual CBM fan, like the majority of moviegoers.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28011/16/2017

*Snyder

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28111/16/2017

It broke all records in Brazil so that's something.

[quote]Warner Bros/DC’s Justice League is off to the races at the international box office with $8.5M on its first day, Wednesday. That’s in nine markets as well as select previews on roughly 6,000 screens.

[quote]In Brazil, Batman and the gang leveraged the Republic Day holiday to open on a non-traditional Wednesday and scored the biggest industry opening day of all time.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28211/16/2017

They aren't savaging it r275, but when all you have to say about the movie is "it's not a complete failure", that is still disappointing.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28311/16/2017

All the studio's executives should be fired. They release a shit film not yet ready to be released and then whine "Rotten Tomatoes!".

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28411/16/2017

RT consensus after 149 reviews:

[quote]Justice League leaps over a number of DC movies, but its single bound isn't enough to shed the murky aesthetic, thin characters, and chaotic action that continue to dog the franchise.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28511/16/2017

But you still don't get it, r280. I love brisket, but if someone was telling me about a restaurant that served it but said it was dry and not really flavorful and gave it a 5.2, I would not rush out to spend my money and time in the hopes that the person was wrong. There are plenty of other options. Dry is dry. Being better than a McNugget is not a compliment or recommendation.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28611/16/2017

R286 Who said [italic]anything[/italic] about rushing out to spend their money? I for one am definitely not paying to see this movie. I simply observed that its reviews aren't that bad when compared to the vicious reviews for BvS, SS, mother!, The Snowman etc.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28711/16/2017

Schnowman

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28811/16/2017

Jesus 30 minutes of the film, hours before the first Thursday night shows

Geniuses at WB were asking for this

by Professor Farnsworthreply 28911/16/2017

mother! got better reviews. Justice League is still getting hammered. Being slightly better than SS or BvS is like asking if you would rather have diarrhea or severe constipation. I can't believe WB has these icon characters and money and repeatedly fucks up.

I guess the fan boys are going to hang their hat on it making some money. But not nearly as much if they would stop allowing people to fail upwards.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29011/16/2017

[QUOTE]I guess the fan boys are going to hang their hat on it making some money

The major fanboy line right now is that Zach Snyder wasn't allowed to fulfill his creative vision, and if he had, it would've been a masterpiece.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29111/16/2017

Amazon extra is PROUD of their costumes okay.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29211/16/2017

lol she is actually the wife of Henry's trainer that everyone thinks he was having an affair with (the trainer, not the wife)

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29311/16/2017

Ah, yes I do recall seeing the name Blevins from our fraus for Henry fanclub. Did not make that connection.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29411/16/2017

R289 Damn, Google Docs blocked it because too many people had downloaded the file.

R290 Nah, the bad reviews of mother! were infinitely worse than anything for JL. Of course, it also had the glowing ones that this film does not.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29511/16/2017

[QUOTE]Damn, Google Docs blocked it because too many people had downloaded the file

Click the "Add to my Drive" button in the top right hand corner. Then go to your Drive, right click on it and choose "Make a copy" - then download the copy

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29611/16/2017

Dc is not going to see a billion dollar film in a long while.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29711/16/2017

[quote]The major fanboy line right now is that Zach Snyder wasn't allowed to fulfill his creative vision, and if he had, it would've been a masterpiece.

That's an extremely quick revision, even given the standard fanboy amnesia.

You know if the movie had been good, they'd have been lining up to suck Joss Whedon's cock for saving it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29811/16/2017

R297 Wonder Woman 2 is the best shot they have, and it'll probably do it (the first one passed 800 mil recently).

The bf and I have tickets for Justice League tomorrow but I can't even bring myself to be excited for it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 29911/16/2017

That's the saddest part. I had SO MUCH goodwill built up from Wonder Woman. When they started releasing all those preview clips that prominently featured her, I even got excited to the point of thinking "Okay, maybe I will see it in the theater after all. They seem to realize that she's their biggest asset."

But no, they look a big, steaming dump all over the characters. Again.

Maybe instead of having 38 films (or whatever) in pre-production, they could focus on making another good one first.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30011/16/2017

Looking at the calendar, I realize that they probably couldn't have moved the release date without having to move it for at least six months. They'd be up against Black Panther, Infinity War, Solo (or, Scholo, if you're Liza), and Deadpool 2, and probably something else I'm forgetting in the first half of 2018. And I'm betting Black Panther is going to as big for minority audiences as Wonder Woman was for female ones, so...

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30111/16/2017

Jakey G could be the new Batman

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30211/16/2017

I can understand the need keep the date. Nothing to compete with (except Thor which opened 2 weeks earlier) for four weeks; prime Christmas mall shopping (DC merchandising), Thanksgiving break, and a month before Star Wars arrives.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30311/16/2017

R302 won't happen, warner bros won't let both batman and superman be gays

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30411/16/2017

Without Affleck they will have to reboot the whole JL universe again or lose Batman altogether, because it would be pretty idiotic, even for die-hard fans, if some younger actor would play Batman in future sequels. And getting Robin, or Nightwing, instead of Batman would be a mess depending on future plans for a real life adventure Team Titan franchise.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30511/16/2017

The only two DC films I have faith in are the second WE and Matt Reeve's Batman because he has proven that he can direct actors, tell a compelling story and handle visual effects. He was worked with some really good actors and I could never see him working with the likes of Affleck or Manjello in major roles.

DC needs to just stop announcing everything they are thinking about or when ever they have a pitch meeting. Bring in some competent people and map out your bible.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30611/16/2017

They can easily reboot this by going days of future past style via flashpoint, save lots of egos this way. They don't want to look like failures.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30711/16/2017

[quote]Though I will add "Justice League" is not alone, "Thor: Ragnarok" reshot that scene with Odin's death and you could tell. It looked cheap as hell, the CGI background was a joke.

Thanks for the spoiler warning, asshole! That movie only came out last week. I was planning a Thor/Justice League double feature.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30811/16/2017

Comic book superheroes kinda suck. Why not do Biblical characters instead. Okay maybe Ganesha too

by Professor Farnsworthreply 30911/16/2017

[quote] I can understand the need keep the date. Nothing to compete with (except Thor which opened 2 weeks earlier)

Remember when DC fans thought Marvel was insane to put Captain America Civil War against BvS? Remember when Civil War beat BvS and broke the billion dollar mark?

Can't wait for Thor Ragnarok to beat Justice League!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31011/16/2017

Does The Batman even have a script? Because they junked the one that they had and started over from scratch.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31111/16/2017

An older Batman is useful if they are planning on doing Batgirl and Nightwing. I would want someone at least 40.

My problem with Gyllenhaal is that he reads “warm” “boyish” and “friendly” thanks to his giant Disney eyes. Bruce Wayne needs to be ice cold. Christopher Nolan understood this and he made a good recommendation with Wes Bentley. My personal choice would be Alexander Skarsgård who practically auditioned for the role in Big Little Lies.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31211/16/2017

R308 I wasn't the one who wrote that but it was widely known that Hopkins was done with these movies a long time ago. You just might be the only person in the world surprised by his exit.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31311/16/2017

[quote]Jakey G could be the new Batman

Jakey G reads as gay, ain't gonna happen.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31411/16/2017

R309 Thor ragnarok is goofy as fuck, even cate blanchett makes unfunny jokes every chance she gets. She looks fabulous tho.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31511/16/2017

Wes Bentley as Batman would be a good choice, imho.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31611/16/2017

The Flashpoint movie is dead as a door nail after these reviews. IMO anything that will directly reference the continuity of the Snyder films is a goner. Wonder Woman and Aquaman can take place in their own self-contained worlds so they’ll be fine as stand alone series. I doubt we will ever see Ezra as Barry Allen again.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31711/16/2017

[quote]My personal choice would be Alexander Skarsgård who practically auditioned for the role in Big Little Lies.

Skarsgard as Batman? No way.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31811/16/2017

Three critics arguing over it in this video review. No spoilers.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 31911/16/2017

Interesting that Christy was wondering if Barry is supposed to be gay.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32011/16/2017

R319 Christy asks if The Flash is supposed to be gay and the most awkward silence ever ensues. I bet she's not the only one reading him that way.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32111/16/2017

Jeez it’s down to 36 now.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32211/16/2017

Seems the "two hour" dictate did the film no favors.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32311/16/2017

Jake G gets to be Batman, because he's not only Jewish, but gay too.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32411/16/2017

No one worth anything is going to want to step into this universe now. They’ll be lucky to get someone as c-list as, say, Gerard Butler.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32511/16/2017

Quite few reviews have said Ezra Miller needs to tone down the mugging - that seems odd to me, he is a good actor so it must be down to lousy direction.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32611/16/2017

Definitely lousy direction. And it's not like he's an A-lister that Snyder/Whedon wouldn't dare say anything to him.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32711/16/2017

For those who have seen the film:

A) Is Cyborg as big a non-entity as basically the entire marketing campaign and reviews have made him seem?

B) What are the post-credit sequences? Just give good spoiler warnings, if anyone actually cares.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32811/16/2017

The superhero superflops: Batman and Wonder Woman's Justice League is a crime against Cinema, writes BRIAN VINER

by Professor Farnsworthreply 32911/16/2017

Alright. I watched it today.

Like Batman vs Superman, the opening scene seemed promising. Also like Batman vs Superman, it then progressed to some awkwardly edited jumping around that as it kept going kept losing momentum. The movie isn't even that long but as it drags on you start feeling bored. Superman's revival does give it a little jolt of energy, but then it leads to a climax that you just don't have much emotional investment in.

Steppenwolf is a boring villian. The overaching plotline our heroes have to fight just feels tacked on. There is some nonsensical motherbox bullshit, some "unity" bullshit, beat the very CGI-feeling monsters and his stupid plotline. The stakes just never feel real.

I didn't hate it though. It might be the comic book fan in me but there is something cool about seeing these characters come together and there are parts that it sparks that jolt of feeling like a happy kid. The problem is you wish these characters were picked up and plopped into a better movie, because the movie they are in feels not worth their time.

Onto some specifics:

Henry Cavill's face is not that terrible through a lot of it, but it is bad in the opening scene which sets a bad tone. If you are at all looking for it you can't help but notice the CGI effect.

In terms of the sexualization of Wonder Woman complaint, it is there but I think overstated. IMO a lot of the jokes(like Aquaman thinking she is hot while under the lasso of truth) play, actually that reveal got the biggest laugh in my audience. It is not like she is treated as some bimbo, still the same character as her film, but the movie doesn't ignore the fact she is attractive. It is true that her civilian clothes all make her look attractive, but is that a bad thing?

To my surprise I actually liked what Ben Affleck did here, he did well as the aging Batman focused on doing what he can to help earth while being tired of this job and realizing he is not as young as he used to be.

Henry Cavill once Superman is back to normal finally felt like Superman. You could tell this was all Joss but he finally delivers the character that people expect. I'm sad he didn't get a chance to play this more in the past. The scene where Supes and Cyborg share a laugh after beating the motherboxes is one of the most genuine feeling scenes in the movie.

Overall I liked what Ezra Miller is doing as The Flash, it brought a real world human feeling to the proceedings that I think was badly needed. That said, I do get why people felt like he needed to turn down the mugging sometime. Maybe 90% of the energy he gave, but this movie would have been much harder to sit through without his presence IMO.

I think they did a decent job of introducing Cyborg as a character to care about. It is a hard task, but he had a little emotional arc that worked okay. Aquaman is the one that just felt tacked on. The scene in Atlantis to me felt out of nowhere where they are quickly trying to give him some backstory, sort of a big thing to ask of the audience to go along with. I really think the Aquaman movie should have come out before this movie.

Poor Amy Adams and Diane Lane do the best they can in their short scenes to give it some human element.

As I said, it feels like you have these characters that show potential in a movie that just isn't as good as it should be.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33011/16/2017

I think I'll wait for OnDemand for this one.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33111/16/2017

[QUOTE]In terms of the sexualization of Wonder Woman complaint

The complaints seemed more about how she was shot in the film - shots of her ass, cleavage, someone even mentioned an upskirt shot

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33211/16/2017

Thursdays are coming in lower than Thor Ragnorak

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33311/16/2017

The honeymoon is over with critics that loved batfleck, they are calling him boring and uncharismatic and that beny is barley trying to act, that he's not there there.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33411/16/2017

Yeah he was excited to do the first one but checked out for JL.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33511/17/2017

Last night at the multiplex, I peeked in on Thor. Three screens, and seating looked nearly full.

It looks like Thor is doing return business, but I can't imagine anyone seeing Justice League twice.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33611/17/2017

R319 is a homophobic bitch with her smirking faux innocent inquiry and especially her “flamboyantly feminine”. Not your place. Stay in your lane, cunt

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33711/17/2017

R337 I'm sure Christy wouldn't be doing these reviews with Alonso if she were homophobic. She also loved God's Own Country and started fanning herself at the mention of Call Me By Your Name, which they'll do a review for in the coming weeks.

Some straight women just have this fixed idea of what a "real" grown straight man looks and acts like and they have trouble incorporating the dorkily flamboyant aspect into that. Doesn't make them homophobic, just a bit out of touch perhaps? It's not malicious, that's for sure.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33811/17/2017

Going to see it in a bit. Will give you a review later this afternoon.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 33911/17/2017

[quote]It's not malicious, that's for sure.

Not intentionally, but it still is. He is not some cliche paragon of masculinity so he must be gay? I would love a gay Flash, but the comment still rubbed me the wrong way.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34011/17/2017

She's asking a question a lot of people are going to be asking, stop being such a delicate little bitch.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34111/17/2017

R319 R337 Hey, Ezra was not reigned in directorially (or was unable to be reigned in/not replaced) and he is what he is so I can't blame the questioners...

On another track I have a question for those who saw it: extended edition -- yea or nay? (For the sake of argument lets say its mostly character beats)

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34211/17/2017

A superb Mark Kermode review

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34311/17/2017

[quote]On another track I have a question for those who saw it: extended edition -- yea or nay? (For the sake of argument lets say its mostly character beats)

What it needed is more prior films.

For the Avengers: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk had already had their own movies. The idea of Nick Fury and SHIELD as an organization that was going to bring together these heroes had already been introduced. Loki,their villian, had already been introduced. The Infinity Stones had already been introduced.

This movie has to establish Aquaman/The Atlanteans, The Flash and Cyborg. It has to bring Superman back from the dead. And then it this Steppenwolf/Apokolips plotline that comes out of nowhere that it doesn't have room to do anything good with or even make a lot of sense.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34411/17/2017

Also I really don't get why this Grace person has so many fans here, I see in her new video she is going on about how BvS is the best DC film and the only one to capture Snyder's vision.

Girl has shitty taste.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34511/17/2017

Just saw it. It’s not horrible, but it feels exactly like what it is, a salvage job edited in a blender. It feels like something that could have potentially been a ten hour miniseries that would explore ideas about heroism in the absence of Superman and introduced the new characters properly, but it absolutely does not work in the feature film format. It starts about five or six different times, tones shifting rapidly each time, threads are picked up and dropped like that, for example the Wonder Woman scene at Old Bailey has absolutely no connection to the plot of the movie. My biggest complaints are the villain, enough of which has been written about, the visual ugliness and the Elfman score, which feels like a track borrowed from another movie.

I liked Ezra and actually was surprised that I liked Ray Fisher’s Cyborg, he brings a lot of pathos and again something I felt would have been better explored in episodic format. Affleck is just sort of there, and he noticeably binges and purges from scene to scene. Momoa is magnificent to look at but he's just horribly underwritten; whereas Ezra’s Flash you can get by with knowing very little about his character’s backstory because of his magnetism, Momoa sort of suffers the opposite because of his character’s lack of magnetism. Cavill is good in his fifteen minutes, six of which he spends shirtless.

Overall it feels sort of inconsequential the way a film like say, Superman III or Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull feels. I mean the iconic character(s) are there on screen, and there are some good moments, but at the end of the film it just doesn’t have the richness, the aftertaste that a a good superhero film has. It doesn’t have the “I want to see it again”-ness.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34611/17/2017

It’s collapse is complete. It bombed in China.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34711/17/2017

These Snyder comment's will not age well

[quote]“[Superman] is the freaking […] biggest superhero on the planet. He’s the father of every superhero. [Deborah and I] were just talking about this – I’m like, really? Thor? Thor has a movie? [Laughter.] Really? I mean, come on. And there’s no Superman movie? This is, like, the world’s out of balance. It’s like, we’ve lost our minds here, people, come on.

[quote]They’re not just, like, the flavor of the week Ant-Man—not to be mean, but whatever it is. What is the next Blank-Man?”

Looking at the two biggest markets. Looks like Justice League isn't going to be able to match Thor's american opening weekend, and will gross less than Ant-man did in China.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34811/17/2017

Damn, some drama.

Zack Snyder has not watched this movie, and doesn't seem to consider it his film.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 34911/17/2017

[quote]Thursdays are coming in lower than Thor Ragnorak

BvS did 27.7 mil Thursday night

Justice League did 13 mil Thursday night.

If you want to see how much a bad movie can damage a brand, there you go.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35011/17/2017

Yes it was fairly obvious that the studio removed him from the film when he removed Justice League graphics from his social media.

I personally believe that he turned in an unwatchable first cut and WB decided the only way to salvage it was to have a stronger filmmaker reshoot it and edit it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35111/17/2017

Yeah I feel bad to say using a kid's suicide as an excuse, but it does seem to be a case where he was really just fired because they were scared it was too much of the the same from BvS. I mean if it was completely voluntary on his part he wouldn't be so bitter about it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35211/17/2017

[quote]Jake G gets to be Batman

Yep, the internet is ablaze that Jake Gyllenahal will be taking over the role from Ben Affleck.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35311/17/2017

Jake G wants Oscar bait roles. He ain't doing the cowl and cape thing.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35411/17/2017

But he has been doing tons of small films and oscar bait roles, trying to prove himself, wouldn't be surprised if he is ready for a high-dollar marque role.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35511/17/2017

The problem with attracting talent is this franchise is a mess.

And Snyder is right in his comments, but it proves why he is a failure. If Marvel can make good movies about a talking racoon and antman, he should easily be able to make good movies about Supes and Batman.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35611/17/2017

Having one out; one closeted but exposed, and one closeted performer in marquee DCEU films is too much of a liability.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35711/17/2017

So, R357, you're suggesting the sexuality of the cast is somehow responsible for a bad script, creative vision, awful CGI and overall shit direction?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35811/17/2017

I saw it, I found it very entertaining. It wasn't bloated like BVS, and all of the characters are relatable and likable.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 35911/17/2017

"My personal choice would be Alexander Skarsgård who practically auditioned for the role in Big Little Lies."

I agree. I would definitely watch Skarsgard as Batman.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36011/17/2017

R357 Imagine their nightmare if Batman and Superman started dating during the filming of Justice League 2.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36111/17/2017

Are there scenes setting up Green Lantern for JL2?

Because what JL needs is MORE characters and backstories to keep track of.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36211/17/2017

R362 Yalan Gur makes an appearance but that's about it, from what I've heard.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36311/17/2017

R361 yup huge pr nightmare if Henry and Jake were to have an affair. They might even marry.

Whatever. I ship this. Team GyllenCavill.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36411/17/2017

In a flashback to Steppenwolf's first time on earth we see him fighting and killing a greenlantern r362, so they did set them up

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36511/17/2017

R364 Didn't Pace and Armitage start the same way during the filming of The Hobbit? GyllenCavill would definitely be one scorching hot power couple!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36611/17/2017

He looks hot AF in this photo, oh my god.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36711/17/2017

The poster was was just making a joke that adding Jake G to a cast of Henry Cavill and Ezra Miller would make it a very gay (or DL gay....) cast. Calm down r358.

And all these comments about what if Gyllenhaal and Cavill started fucking, is it all DL newbies in this thread? The rumor was those two WERE fucking back in the day, that was the DL gossip back in like 2010.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36811/17/2017

R368 No, not a newbie and I can't believe I missed that rumour. That sure is a delicious bit of gossip! Can't wait for their scenes together if Jake does get cast. So many layers to read into...

by Professor Farnsworthreply 36911/17/2017

Mashable seems to be enjoying the knife twisting a bit too much, I think.

[quote]Big, loud, dumb and ugly – that’s “Steppenwolf,” the mythical demon creature that’s uniting the League. He’s exactly like Ares, and that’s a disgrace. He’s boring and he looks ridiculous, like one of the weightless horned wights from a fantasy video game. The monsters of Warcraft looked more tactile. His mouth moves like a rubber band in a wind tunnel … If a dog ate a box of neon crayons and puked it on a casino hallway carpet, you’d have the color palette of Justice League.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37011/17/2017

[quote] [R361] yup huge pr nightmare if Henry and Jake were to have an affair. They might even marry.

R368 beat me to it. It was a delicious little rumor where Jake and Henry had a fling, Jake fell in love but Henry moved on, and Jake's heart got broken.

[quote]But he has been doing tons of small films and oscar bait roles, trying to prove himself, wouldn't be surprised if he is ready for a high-dollar marque role.

They already tried to make him a mainstream star with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, but failed. The film had a budget of $200M but the worldwide B.O. was only $336M so it ended up in the red.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37111/17/2017

Oh god i never believed those rumors, they were part of Ted Casablanca's Toothy Tile saga which everyone knows he made up.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37211/17/2017

R372, wasn't Casablanca before these rumors?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37311/17/2017

[QUOTE]That sure is a delicious bit of gossip!

[QUOTE] It was a delicious little rumor

Those are interesting ways of spelling "DL fan fic"

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37411/17/2017

Hence the use of the words "gossip" and "rumour", not "fact".

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37511/17/2017

Jaky/Henry wasn't Casablanca r372, it was DL gossip poster who went by Keram.

If you using google to search DL for Keram Malicki-Sanchez you'll find his old threads.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37611/17/2017

Cavill/Gyllenhaal are Taurus/Sagittarius. Wouldn't work beyond a fling.

Anyone who brings up Keram Malicki Sanchez needs to be taken out back and put down.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37711/17/2017

As should anyone who brings up astrology

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37811/17/2017

[quote]Anyone who brings up Keram Malicki Sanchez needs to be taken out back and put down.

Keram was great fun, loved his threads. And I feel the need to repeat what another poster said.

[quote]Hence the use of the words "gossip" and "rumour", not "fact".

Who knows if it was true or not, but plenty of true gossip has been posted on the DL over the years. Along with plenty of bullshit too of course.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 37911/17/2017

[quote]And Snyder is right in his comments, but it proves why he is a failure. If Marvel can make good movies about a talking racoon and antman, he should easily be able to make good movies about Supes and Batman.

The other thing that Marvel has that DC did not was someone who was really in charge at the top. They didn't have a Kevin Feige until they finally brought Geoff Johns in, and I believe that was in the aftermath of BvS anyway. I've said this before, but you can absolutely tell the scenes in Wonder Woman that were filmed when they gave Patty Jenkins a freer hand.

Marvel seems okay with the directors doing what they want provided the product is A) good, and B) generally hits the overall story beats they want. Which is how James Gunn can make a far-out space adventure with a bunch of homages to Tarantino, or the Russo Brothers can make a Bourne movie, or Taika Waititi can make a comedy.

Snyder wanted the movies consistent, but consistent with his grand, pseudo-Jesus-y "vision."

As an aside, look at the picture Wikipedia is using in their featured article about Affleck right now. Someone's been reading our comments about his booze bloat.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38011/17/2017

Wasn't the Casablanca Tothy Tile BIs about Jake's rumored relationship with Austin Nichols or was it indeed Henry Cavill?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38111/17/2017

The Austin Nichols rumors predate Casablanca.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38211/17/2017

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

UNDER $100 MILLION OPENING

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38311/17/2017

[quote]And Snyder is right in his comments, but it proves why he is a failure. If Marvel can make good movies about a talking racoon and antman, he should easily be able to make good movies about Supes and Batman.

Snyder is the new Uwe Boll. Ruining every franchise he gets his grubby hands on. There's a reason why Blizzard said "Fuck, no!" to Boll when he showed interest in their Warcraft movie franchise.

Snyders idea of fun is a blue, muddy color pallette and his heroes being dark, brooding and anything but heroes. His idea of fun is depressing the hell out of the audience.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38411/17/2017

Something that's odd about this site is how thin-skinned people get about gossip they want to believe in. One tiny little sarcastic comment prompts such defensive posts.

R383 - they blame it on sluggish morning sales, which makes sense, few people were going to take time off work/queue up for this mess of a film. It'll possibly make it up with Friday evening and weekend viewings. Bet they regret those free screenings now though.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38511/17/2017

[quote] Snyders idea of fun is a blue, muddy color pallette and his heroes being dark, brooding and anything but heroes. His idea of fun is depressing the hell out of the audience.

I've rather liked Snyder's DC films. Not sure if you mean that DC films should be more like Marvel's but those flicks most certainly aren't perfect either.

And whoever said superhero films should only be fun? If you haven't noticed DC and WB have been doing darker stuff for ages.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38611/17/2017

[quote]And whoever said superhero films should only be fun?

Well, have you looked at the box office of this particular movie?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38711/17/2017

Marvel knows how to make films that work. Their string of critically acclaimed movies that do better than people expected at the box office show that.

There is nothing wrong with dark. Nolan's trilogy was dark and people loved it. "Logan" from this year was dark and people loved it. The thing is whose were good movies.

Zack Snyder is not good at story-telling, his version of "dark" and supposedly "deep" sucks. I'm happy that you've liked his films r386, but most people have not. Both "Man of Steel" and "Batman Vs Superman" got poor reviews, had bad word-of-mouth and underperformed at the boxoffice.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38811/17/2017

Mark Kermode summed it up - the talk that the audience want a light Marvel type movie, which led to the insertion of the Flash as comedic interlude - is bullshit. Look at The Dark Knight trilogy. Audiences will be happy with anything, whether it's dark or light, as long as it's good. And that's the problem with DC so far - with the exception of WW the films just haven't been good.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 38911/17/2017

[quote]Cavill/Gyllenhaal are Taurus/Sagittarius. Wouldn't work beyond a fling.

Hey, I'm Sagittarius and I always say a Taurus man would be my dream man. You know, to help out with the finances and whatnot.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, a $100 mil opening is not... ideal. Even I, a Sagittarius, know that much.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39011/17/2017

Snyder's vision sucks, because he makes adult superheroes look and act like Twilight characters.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39111/17/2017

The movie doesn't end when Batman realizes that Steppenwolf's mother is named Martha, does it?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39211/17/2017

It's not a disaster like Batman vs Superman r392, it's not great, but it is pleasant enough. A step in the right direction, that I'm sure came from Whedon trying to salvage it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39311/17/2017

Granny Goodness was almost in this movie, but Barbara Bush wasn't available to play her.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39411/17/2017

Why on Highfather's green New Genesis didn't they use Kalibak?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39511/17/2017

Mexican cam version is out, bitches! And of course, there are inquiring five-year-olds in the audience, eurgh. Hate kids. Why can't people bring their cats instead?

Anyway, one minute in and Cavill's fucked up claymation upper lip is all I can see. He looks like Tyne Daly. And you're welcome for this mental image that you will now never be able to unsee whenever you watch this movie.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39611/17/2017

Is it wrong that at this point, the only thing that would get me into the theater is morbid curiosity about how the Cavill-stache looks?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39711/17/2017

Right or wrong, he will be grateful, believe me!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39811/17/2017

I saw it yesterday. I think the storytelling was weak, but that’s typically forgivable for comic book movies. It didn’t detract too much IMO.

I generally liked the characters too. I especially enjoyed Afleck as a tired (20 year vet) Batman. He was fat and everything hurt and he just wanted to go home. Aqua man was pretty useless. As the review above mentioned, they didn’t even try to give him a water source in Russia 🤦‍♂️.

The worst part of this movie and the part that makes it a massive shitfest in my mind is the CG, both intended (Steppenwolf’s skin texture made me want to cry) or forced (Cavill). The reshoots with green screen are the absolute worst though. Like 70% of all of the characters’ dialogue is delivered in a weird solo shot with a fake background. I can’t believe the studio heads released it in such a state. Unfortunately (maybe fortunately), this poor showing might mix our chance to see Superman battle Darkseid.

I pray that Marvel invests significantly in Thanos for Infinity War. His appearances so far have been of varying CG quality, but they need to go all in and commit for his major reveal. I miss the old days of good makeup and creative camera angles.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 39911/17/2017

This is fascinating and it’s corroborated by a poster who was proven to have seen an early cut of the movie

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40011/17/2017

Damn, thank you for that r400! That is exactly what I have been wondering since I saw the movie yesterday, trying to figure out in my head what was Snyder and what was Whedon.

Unsurprisingly, all of the best character interactions came from Whedon. That scene between Diana and Bruce where she fixes his arm was one of my favorites. That scene between Bruce and Alfred where he talks about Supes being more human than him. Supes and Cyborg sharing a laugh. Everything that made these characters feel human.

Snyder's cut of this movie would have been a disaster.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40111/17/2017

[quote]Snyder's cut of this movie would have been a disaster.

Not according to the fanboys.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40211/17/2017

Snyder does the epic, slo-mo action thing very very well. His color palettes may always be washed out, but i think it’s purely a stylistic choice and makes his films uniquely beautiful.

But it sounds like Whedeon added a lot of the solid character interactions and moments of brevity. I only wish he had been able to be more in principal photography, because the forced green screens were a handicap.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40311/17/2017

Yes, of course the comments are full of delusional fanboys who think BvS was a masterpiece and are pissed that Whedon ruined Snyder's vision r402.

I mean I will give them some of the jokes were unnecessary (the flash face-plant into WW for one), but man they are delusional. One thing many of the critics liked is they thought the league were fairly appealing characters with some nice chemistry, that seems like it was 90% created in Whedon reshoots.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40411/17/2017

Who is Nubia of the Floating Island?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40511/17/2017

DC's very well-intentioned but spectacularly poorly-executed attempt to give Diana a black twin sister in the early 70s. She was the ruler of the Floating Island.

I started using the name in the run up to the release of Wonder Woman, because I was annoyed that the movie, aside from a few very minor Amazons, seemed completely white. Although had they featured Chief, Sam, and Charlie in their marketing, I might not have thought that.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40611/17/2017

And in an "Only the DL will understand this" moment, before Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman moved over to CBS, ABC was very keen to have Teresa Graves of Laugh-In and Get Christie Love! fame to appear as Nubia opposite her.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40711/17/2017

Actually, it was an anachronism to have any Amazons of color, given their origins in ancient Greece. But of course DC, for the sake of modern sensibilities, added some so the Amazons wouldn't be totally white, even though historically speaking the Amazons would have been all white. It's kind of the same thing as having a race of Vikings, but sprinkled with people of color.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40811/17/2017

Are we talking about the realism of a magical race of immortal beings created by Zeus? Maybe he wanted some variety.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 40911/17/2017

I liked the movie, I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't know about the reshoot and didn't spent the movie checking Cavill's upper lips. I liked Ezra's Flash, I can relate to the awkwardness, the competition with Supes was fun. Aquaman is a douche, the under water action scenes seems slow, if they need an air bubble every time they need to talk, the Aquaman movie pace will be weird... Cyborg is not bad, they manage to introduce the new characters successfully and make us care a minimum unlike SS. Even Affleck is ok, I though he would be worst. The under skirt shot of Wonderwoman is not a close up, can still pass as an "accident". Could barely see what the Amazone were wearing, so not really worth putting them is bikini armour. Why is Superman coming back from the dead topless but with a perfectly ironed black trouser, when he was wearing a white suit in his coffin? I mean , even the Hulk shred his trouser?... The vilain is not that bad, you cannot have a good vilain like Loki in every superheroe movie. The choice of a Tchernobyl like place to repopulate is completely stupid. Even with a perfectly good nuclear plant, nobody want to live nearby, why would they put people next to a broken one? Just plain stupid!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41011/17/2017

Henry Cavill seemed hotter and sexier in this film. More sexual magnetism in his macho scenes than previously

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41111/17/2017

The thing is that "What a mess!" reporting gives most viewers a "what a mess" experience. Even with the most positive "Oh, hey! BTW the movie switched producer / direction from Snyder to Whedon, but no biggie! We pinkie promise!" spin you could still notice a schizophrenic vibe that doesn't make the viewing experience enjoyable or fun. Movies that feel tortured don't make people happy. And people want to go the theatres to be happy (even when they deliberately want to watch the most depressing movie ever, they want it to be a good, well made, depressing movie).

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41211/17/2017

ESTIMATES LOWERED TO 93 MILLION! 44% LOWER THAN BATMAN/SUPERMAN!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41311/17/2017

Apparently the homeless guy with the “I tried” sign in the montage during the credits is Zach’s statement about himself.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41411/18/2017

[quote]ESTIMATES LOWERED TO 93 MILLION! 44% LOWER THAN BATMAN/SUPERMAN!

People are getting fired over this, aren't they?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41511/18/2017

Kevin Tsujihara might be fired by Monday if the numbers continue to drop.

He was going to be replaced after the merger anyway, but it would be better optics right now if they fire him.

I bet they have been negotiating with Jeff Robinov for a while to come back, that’s why his Studio 8 hasn’t been announcing any projects.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41611/18/2017

Who wants to see a third installment of the Thor movies?

Much less a "buddy comedy" with the Hulk?

At the risk of being called a Marvel fanboy, it does make me chortle with delight to see Thor Ragnarok kicking Justice League's ass.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41711/18/2017

Snyder is a terrible filmmaker, this was a boring slog, horrid.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41811/18/2017

Wonder Woman is the only member of the Justice League who has a bigger dick than Thor.

I guess the fanboys can shift their blame from the greedy suits who don't appreciate Snyder's vision to those cucks at RottenTomatoes who ruined what was going to be the biggest hit of all time by giving it a low score.

I do not understand the mentality where you have to be a foot soldier for an enormous corporation. DC does not care about you, they just care that you keep giving them money. Same to you, Marvel guys.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 41911/18/2017

Bootleg cam version is online now, FYI.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42011/18/2017

The Studio 8 site, they only list one unreleased project, Alpha, which is being distributed by Columbia in March. Their other film was last year's Billy Lynn.

It makes sense to me that the ouster of Tsujihara and replacement with Robinov has been in the works for some time (AT&T merger was announced October '16) which is why Studio 8 hasn't been developing projects. In order to bring Robinov back to Warner, Time Warner would actually have to buy Studio 8 as well as buy out Studio 8's output deal with Columbia. So the less projects the easier.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42111/18/2017

93 million opening weekend, wb are going to go through a big shakedown, they are distraught that thor a b list character had a bigger opening than the most iconic superhero group in comics. Yikes, hope this means getting rid of snyder and whedon both hacks.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42211/18/2017

Well, Snyder is 100% gone.

I hope this also means Whedon's Batgirl is dead as well.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42311/18/2017

Saw it yesterday.

It was okay. Probably better than BvS.

Again, the best part was Wonder Woman. Particularly the beginning with her taking out the terrorists and deflecting the bullets to save the kids. Just wish we could see her spin and use her tiara as a boomerang.

Flash wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought he'd be. Great scenes with him and his dad in the slammer.

Aquaman? Meh. Cyborg? Meh. Batmeh...

However once Superman came back and actually started acting like Superman I have to admit I got excited to see this version of him in his own film again. Just please no Lex Luthor! Give us Brainiac, that would be epic. Was it me or wasn't the blue on his suit lighter, too?

As for the Legion of Doom set up at the end. Great! Just have it be Cheetah, Sinestro, Black Manta, etc... Not this awful Lex Luthor or that shitty Leto Joker. And Deathstroke is so fucking played out. Both Slade Wilson and Ra's Al Ghul just need to be forgotten for the next decade or so.

As for all my prior joking about Steppenwolf being a rip-off of Ares...it was funny to see that qucik shot of Ares (and Zeus) fighting Steppenwolf in the flashback.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42411/18/2017

[QUOTE]historically speaking the Amazons would have been all white

You're a little bit racist. I thought you should know.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42511/18/2017

The bikinis and all that makeup on Amazons is unforgivable. Gone was the regal and dignified Hippolyta of Wonder Woman. In that scene where Steppenwolf finally manages to steal the mother box, she looked like a skanky 40-year old trailer trash mom, trying to look twenty again. Horrible.

And if Thanos ends up looking as bad as Steppenwolf in Infinity War, we should just abandon CG in films until it drastically improves. Because I kept flashing back to the 90s while watching this shit.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42611/18/2017

Justice League's cinemascore came in, and audiences gave it a B+. That is better than BvS's B, but still not good, usually audiences that like a movie give it some variation of an A.

Looking at the recent Marvel movies, (Ragnarok, Spiderman: Homecoming, Guardian of the Galaxy 2, Dr. Strange, Civil War) I see they all got an A. I checked and Avengers got an A+.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42711/18/2017

Wow, there's no spinning the $93M+ figure on the DC subreddit. Everyone is unanimous in that this is catastrophic.

R427 The Cinemascore makes me laugh. These are the stages of grief for DC fans that I've observed over the years:

We have to wait for social media reviews. Mixed? We'll have to wait for the real reviews. Bad? Reviews don't matter, the B.O. will be the real barometer. 93mil? Doesn't matter, we have to wait for the Cinemascore because people enjoying the movie is the only thing that's important. B Cinemascore? Let's hope China saves us.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42811/18/2017

[quote]Let's hope China saves us.

China didn't save them.

Is the next stage "The sales of the Extended Cut blu-ray will make up for it?"

by Professor Farnsworthreply 42911/18/2017

As many have mentioned upthread, the comparison with Thor is what's really hurting the DC fans as it's making less money than "3rd tier, least impressive franchise that was supposed to be dead after The Dark World".

I feel so bad for Fisher. Don't care about the rest, to be honest.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43011/18/2017

[quote]Wow, there's no spinning the $93M+ figure on the DC subreddit. Everyone is unanimous in that this is catastrophic.

Yeah, you can't spin that number. That is a terrible opening weekend for a property this big, I mean the Justice League should be huge, but coming in 44% under BvS says everything. People didn't like that movie, and reviews didn't make it seem this one would be much better.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43111/18/2017

Will Aquaman go straight to PPV now?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43211/18/2017

Saw it last night and it was fucking terrible. Clunky, wretched CGI, awful writing. Affleck looked like he didn't want to be there, Flash grated as the film went on, and Cyborg's CGI mug was so distracting. Aquaman and Superman fared alright but they kept having to say ludicrous things. Only Wonder Woman really emerged unscathed.

This should be a wake-up call for the DC wigs. I'm not even sure it was better than Batman vs. Superman.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43311/18/2017

Aquaman is already in the can, the money is spent, they have to try to get a return on their investment r432.

The only good thing is Aquaman is not a Snyder film, it is possible that James Wan pulled a Patty Jenkins and was able to do their own thing make a good film. Maybe not likely, but possible.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43411/18/2017

I have no interest in seeing Aquaman, as I don't like the character and am not particularly fond of Jason Momoa. That said, if they gave James Wan a freer hand in making it, it has a greater chance of being good.

I am open to have my mind changed about seeing it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43511/18/2017

r425 It's actually historically accurate, not racist. Of course it's good that DC made the Amazons multi-ethnic, but it is an anachronism.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43611/18/2017

[quote]This should be a wake-up call for the DC wigs. I'm not even sure it was better than Batman vs. Superman.

They already had a wake-up call. Given the reception to BvS, Snyder should have immediately been fired and a Justice League movie should have been pushed by while they reworked their plan for this franchise.

Going along with Snyder doing Justice League with the next year opening date after BvS was utterly insane.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43711/18/2017

[quote]Watchmen, Sucker Punch, The owl movie ...all box office bombs. MoS made low profits, BvS was a disappointment and yet here we were Snyder directing JL again. And people here say WB fucked Snyder, I think they bared their ass for Snyder.

You guys, I think the DC subreddit just might be slowly waking up out of the Snyder cult. Never thought I'd see the day. I swear all my alarm bells went off many years ago when I first heard that he and his wife Deborah were a "creative duo", much like Nolan and his wife.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43811/18/2017

Does this version have the power of Aquatic Telepathy?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 43911/18/2017

Will the Justice League XXX parody earn more money than the actual film does?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44011/18/2017

[quote]It's actually historically accurate, not racist. Of course it's good that DC made the Amazons multi-ethnic, but it is an anachronism.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, it is a race of magical immortal beings created by the god Zeus. How does historically accurate really play into that?

It is the same with the non-white Asgardians in the Marvel movies, oh are these Aliens all supposed to be white humanoids? Is that historically accurate for an alien race of magical beings?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44111/18/2017

R437 agree, but they did only have like 10 days between the BvS premiere and Justice League's first day of filming. That was dumb scheduling, but I get why they'd be hesitant to pull the plug even if they should have.

I still don't get why Snyder is allowed to make movies to begin with. He's made exactly one decent movie: his first, 'Dawn of the Dead.'

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44211/18/2017

The Olympian Gods were Greek.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44311/18/2017

In this supernatural setting where they are real, they are just gods who happened to be worshiped by Greek people.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44411/18/2017

R442, they knew BvS was a problem well before the film was released.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44511/18/2017

[quote]agree, but they did only have like 10 days between the BvS premiere and Justice League's first day of filming. That was dumb scheduling, but I get why they'd be hesitant to pull the plug even if they should have.

With a property this big I feel you have to pull the plug because you want to get it right. The Avengers made 1.5Billion dollars, this is huge money we are talking about, and the reaction to BvS was awful.

Instead Warner Brothers let Snyder do his thing, then when they realized it was (no shit) the same sort of product as BvS they bring in Joss Whedon to try to magically fix the movie in post-production. Yeah, that will work great.

Madness all around.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44611/18/2017

Funny Twitter thread about all the scenes from the trailers that didn't make it into the movie.

And if anyone thinks Snyder (or Warner) is prepared to work on and release a four hour cut of an entirely different pre-Whedon movie, they should just stop hoping right this second.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44711/18/2017

Observations (AND SPOILERS):

* Jason Momoa is all wrong for this role; those contacts make him look like a 5-day-dead salmon.

* Absolutely loved Ezra Miller in this; he gave the best performance of the entire cast.

* Amy Adams looks war-ravaged.

* Batman really is a useless superhero.

* About Henry Cavill's chest/body: I had to restrain myself from pulling out my dick and squeezing out a load during his first major scene. This being said, that particular scene was so heavily CGI'ed. I don't understand why certain shots of Henry needed that particular effect in the first place.

* Many of the CGI scenes fell flat and looked like they belonged in the next Sharknado installment.

* Steppenwolf was great, but he was wasted. And why was he in the middle of bumfuck Russia(?) to start his world conquest? By the way, that stuff he unleashed looked like those useless July 4th snake fireworks that no one likes, only purple.

* I'm already over Gal Gadot's WW sideways smirk. She needs a new facial expression STAT.

Overall, however, I really like the movie and would gladly see it again. It's nowhere near as bad as the reviews are making it seem.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44811/18/2017

Aquaman needed an air bubble to talk to the other people who could not breathe underwater, but in his movie, everyone can breathe, so no air bubbles.

James Wan did get his freedom....Madame Snyder said to him, "Well Synder would do it this way", and he replied to the effect of, "They hired me because I'm NOT Synder."

Surprisingly, talks of JL2 are being bandied around. ,

by Professor Farnsworthreply 44911/18/2017

This whole WB/DC Comics debacle reminds me of the Big Dig in Boston.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45011/18/2017

My random thoughts:

-The movie peaked with the Wonder Woman vs. The Bankrobbers scene in the first 10 minutes -Amy Adams does indeed look war-ravaged. She's almost a decade older than Cavill and it shows. Casting Olivia Wilde as Lois was a layup and they fucked that up. -Affleck needs to be replaced immediately. I'm assuming Flashpoint is going to soft-reboot a lot of the last couple of Batman movies -The villain was awful. Even Doomsday in BvS was more compelling than the CGI monstrosity we got in this one. His face looked faker than Voldemort's in the first Harry Potter -The male-gaze way they filmed Gal Gadot was distracting and gross. Lost count of the close-up shots of her ass -The Alice in Wonderland Hellscape sequence at the end was horrendous. Also why the fuck was it in bumfuck nowhere, Russia? -Ezra Miller went way too camp. I half expected him to break into 'Its Raining Men' during the final battle -Not sure why Jesse Eisenberg was brought back for the post-credit scene. I thought we all agreed he was abhorrent -Amber Heard is a pretty spectacular specimen and looked badass as Mera. Mamoa was pretty good too, so I'm at least excited for Aquaman -Speaking of amazing specimens: Henry Cavill is a fucking dime. Upperlipgate wasn't nearly as distracting as I thought it'd be

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45111/18/2017

My random thoughts with the formatting fixed

-The movie peaked with the Wonder Woman vs. The Bankrobbers scene in the first 10 minutes

-Amy Adams does indeed look war-ravaged. She's almost a decade older than Cavill and it shows. Casting Olivia Wilde as Lois was a layup and they fucked that up.

-Affleck needs to be replaced immediately. I'm assuming Flashpoint is going to soft-reboot a lot of the last couple of Batman movies

-The villain was awful. Even Doomsday in BvS was more compelling than the CGI monstrosity we got in this one. His face looked faker than Voldemort's in the first Harry Potter

-The male-gaze way they filmed Gal Gadot was distracting and gross. Lost count of the close-up shots of her ass

-The Alice in Wonderland Hellscape sequence at the end was horrendous. Also why the fuck was it in bumfuck nowhere, Russia?

-Ezra Miller went way too camp. I half expected him to break into 'Its Raining Men' during the final battle

-Not sure why Jesse Eisenberg was brought back for the post-credit scene. I thought we all agreed he was abhorrent

-Amber Heard is a pretty spectacular specimen and looked badass as Mera. Mamoa was pretty good too, so I'm at least excited for Aquaman

-Speaking of amazing specimens: Henry Cavill is a fucking dime. Upperlipgate wasn't nearly as distracting as I thought it'd be

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45211/18/2017

I can't believe that stache caused them so much trouble when he could have worn a fake one in that Paramount flick and no one would notice. WB should have just compensated them for it.

Seems like everything that could have gone wrong with this movie did, in fact, go wrong.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45311/18/2017

Affleck as Batman is just fucking ridiculous. Batman is a supremely trained fighter and athlete in top physical shape. Affleck in the role is totally unbelievable, he looks like he just got off a barstool somewhere.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45411/18/2017

R438 the DC subreddit is in full “Frankenstein third act mode” now

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45511/18/2017

I agree about Amy Adams. Girl is looking BEAT.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45611/18/2017

Well TBH that is where the character is supposed to be in her life right now, devastated by Superman’s death.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45711/18/2017

[quote]I agree about Amy Adams. Girl is looking BEAT.

Yeah, I felt bad for thinking it but I thought she was looking rough as well. She is almost a decade over than Cavill and you could tell.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45811/18/2017

BO upgraded slightly to 96 now.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 45911/18/2017

Amy Adams is one Mexican buffet and two sleepless nights away from Grace Adler 2017.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46011/18/2017

[Quote] * Jason Momoa is all wrong for this role; those contacts make him look like a 5-day-dead salmon.

Lmao

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46111/18/2017

R436 thinks Amazons are real.

I guess he doesn't want to hear my ideas about casting Gina Torres or Priyanka Chopra as Wonder Woman.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46211/18/2017

Yeah, his one eye is wonky and it's been bothering me since his Atlantis days. Giving him bright contacts makes it even more visible. He looked like he was staring in two different directions in that scene where Superman comes back to life. I'm sure Wan is painfully aware of this as he edits the Aquaman movie.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46311/18/2017

How fickle the fans are and how quickly they can turn on you.

Here's one fan's rendition of Jake G as Batman from yesterday. Looks good to me! Now do another one with him and Superman, sitting in a tree, R-I-M-M-I-N-G.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46411/18/2017

[quote]How fickle the fans are and how quickly they can turn on you.

Affleck has been openly talking about how he is ready to leave this franchise, fanboys want loyalty and for you to love the character as much as they do, of course they are going to turn on him.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46511/18/2017

There's a blind item suggesting Warner are offering Christian Bale $50 million to do another Batman film, with bonuses and so on it could reach $100 million. If JL doesn't hit $100 million this weekend, I could actually imagine them getting that desperate.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46611/18/2017

Why offer Bale 50 when Jake will do it for 5?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46711/18/2017

They cut Whedon's Amazon dance number from the box office version?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46811/18/2017

I just wonder what the film's failure - and it is a bomb of Batman & Robin proportions - will do the upcoming films. Wonder Woman 2 seems like a surefire success, and Aquaman is already done filming, and you'd think with James Wan directing it should be at least decent. But they also have tentative plans for a Man of Steel sequel, The Batman, and Flashpoint, and all of those look to be in jeopardy now. I'd assume they'd push Flashpoint back a year if they don't shelve it altogether, so if they have success with WW2 and Aquaman they can use it to soft reboot the franchise. I doubt we'll see another solo Superman film, and with Affleck having one foot out the door you'd think they'd scrap 'The Batman' entirely and recast the role.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 46911/18/2017

I wouldn't mind seeing someone like charlie cox or ben barnes play batman.

I agree that gal gadot should be considered for the cleopatra role,But because of her looks not the acting!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47011/18/2017

[quote]with Affleck having one foot out the door you'd think they'd scrap 'The Batman' entirely and recast the role.

Internet rumors are Reeves is not planning on Affleck doing "The Batman", they are not writing the script with him in mind. That is where the Gyllenhaal rumor comes from, that Reeves has him in mind for the movie.

And honestly I think they go ahead. What other choice do they have?

They had success with Jenkin's WW, and they hoping for the best with Wan's Aquaman. The only thing they can do is not let Snyder touch this franchise anymore, and they already realized that when they had to let him go for Justice League.

If you have a few individual movies that are well received, they can try again in some years with a Justice League sequel with a new creative team.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47111/18/2017

Charlie Cox is tied to Netlfix's Daredevil and its Defenders franchise from Marvel. Ben Barnes is probably too young. He could be Robin / Nightwing. Jake Gyllenhaal would kick ass as Batman and it would be a big gay geek Mary! for him to play Batman when his co-star in Brokeback Mountain, Heath Ledger, played Joker in a Nolan Batman movie.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47211/18/2017

Bring back Val Kilmer!!!!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47311/18/2017

R472 I'd love it if Gyllenhaal became Batman. Having closeted actors play both Batman and Superman seems about right.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47411/18/2017

Cavill is the one most screwed other, right now it is completely unknown when he is going to get to play the character again. I don't see a Man of Steel sequel being on their priority list.

Weird CGI effect aside, I thought he did a great job with the character once Whedon was writing it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47511/18/2017

Ben Barnes?! Besides, he signed up for one of those Marvel shows.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47611/18/2017

They destroyed the franchise. If they're lucky, they'll get Milo Ventigmilla or Skeet Ulrich now. Maybe Jon Hamm if they offer him enough money.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47711/18/2017

R476 He's hot AF

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47811/18/2017

R471 yep I agree. I'd love Gyllenhaal as Batman. And Snyder was probably out even before his family tragedy. Now it seems like a certainty. He fucked shit up so bad that even the fanboys are turning on him.

They blew their load with a group film (BvS, let alone Justice League) way too early, before they had even established any of their characters outside of Superman. They should focus on making two good Wonder Woman sequels, an Aquaman 2 if the first one goes over ok, and redoing Batman. In a couple of years when they're on steadier ground they should reintroduce the Flash - maybe in an origin film or a Batman sequel - and then bring everyone together for Flashpoint, and then do Justice League. I feel like with Justice League they shouldn't be spending a huge chunk of the movie bringing people together. Do what Marvel did and build that little by little in each solo movie, so when JL comes around the work is mostly done.

R475 I actually agree about Superman. The way they resurrected him was so dumb but I still found myself liking Cavill in the role for the first time.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 47911/18/2017

I think the characters need a rest for a decade or so. I think Cavill was fine as Superman. The problem with Cavill's Superman movies was behind the camera, not with him. If you're going to make another Batman movie make it with Dick Grayson as Batman and Damian Wayne as Robin. They should do a Young Justice movie with Tim Drake/Red Robin and Conner Kent/Superboy.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48011/18/2017

I'd love for the impossibly gorgeous Michael Cassidy to be cast as Batman but I don't know if he has the acting chops for it.

Besides, I bet Jake G is drawing up the contract as I type.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48111/18/2017

[quote]casting Gina Torres or Priyanka Chopra as Wonder Woman.

That would definitely ensure a worldwide box-office smash.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48211/18/2017

All the blame lays with the studio executives. They showed severe lack of understanding of the source material and / or lack of judgement of character (aka who to pick to run the franchise). Their decisions doomed the franchise from the start. And they will keep fucking this up, because they suck at what they are doing.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48311/18/2017

Jake is too old to be Batman. I get that they wanted him to be seasoned and the leader, but you can only suspend your disbelief so much about a dude with no special abilities doing all that in his 40s. They should do a Batman movie where he goes evil because by Affleck's age he has CTE from all the concussions he's had.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48411/18/2017

R481 That would be a little weird considering he just played Jimmy Olsen in BvS.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48511/18/2017

39% on RT! Yikes!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48611/18/2017

The main problem is with casting. Other than Gal Gadot & Ezra Miller everyone else sucks in some way. Ben Affleck was good in BvS but he'lost steam & it shows. Jason Momoa is charismatic but Aquaman isn't that interesting. Ray Fisher & his Cyborg is boring as hell & Henry is just plain weird as Superman. He talks like he's lip Syncing & looks angsty as all times. They need to learn from Marvel a thing or two about casting. The rest it take care of itself. All superhero movies have same storyline anyways.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48711/18/2017

Realistically they should just drop the Extended Universe idea - let that be Marvel's realm. Focus on standalone films and act as though BvS and JL (and the modern scenes in WW) never happened. They can recast whichever characters they want then.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48811/18/2017

WB has been making tons of animated DC superhero movies for years. These current DC films don't exist in a vacuum. Marvel's achievement with the MCU has been extraordinary and I'm sure WB would love to have that. But the reality is WB/DC chose a darker mood for their films and that is one of the reasons they're not seen as kid friendly as the MCU films which obviously makes a dent in B.O. I actually have enjoyed Snyder's DC films since I love how strong they are artistically but I totally get why some people are put off by his style.

I don't really want to see DC make MCU-like stuff, I mean Marvel's already doing that. BTW, my favorite superstar films are Singer's X-Men films (not counting Apocalypse), so I'm not a DC fanboy.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 48911/18/2017

Currently "Justice League" is tracking to open 44% lower than "Batman vs Superman" did, and lower than Wonder Woman's own movie opened earlier this year. Who could have even imagined such a thing?

You can't get a more clear black and white answer of how audiences have rejected Snyder's vision. Though honestly the very poor legs of BvS already showed that.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49011/18/2017

The casting is just too far off from the source material. This may be a version of the Justice League, but it's not the comics version. Ezra Miller in particular is not Barry Allen from the comics. I'm not just talking looks, it's personality too. It's just completely off.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49111/18/2017

Ezra with a dye-job would be a great Wally West, though.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49211/18/2017

Snort. yes, that was the problem Ezra and Jason not looking like Flash and Aquaman. If only they changed that critics and audiences would love this movie!

Ezra was the best thing in the movie, that look he gives Cavill when he realizes he can see him at superspeed. One of the only iconic parts of the movie.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49311/18/2017

R485 We just saw Henry Cavill's lips being CG'd and asked to pretend like there wasn't a moustache there. I've got a feeling people wouldn't have a problem with Olsen coming back as Batman, especially in the event of a total reboot of this universe. They'd all just be happy to have a drama-free handsome actor playing Batman again.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49411/18/2017

Also, as I survey the fanboi butthurt on Reddit, apparently Snyder had a subplot involving a Superman who was evil when he was resurrected?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49511/18/2017

Wasn't Justice League originally supposed to be a two-part movie, and each part was supposed to be 3 hours long? 😱

My guess is that a ton of Superman related plot lines were trashed.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49611/18/2017

R496 yep, part II was supposed to come out in 2019. That was put on hold after BvS came out, and now I'm assuming it's been scrapped altogether.

I read that the movie needs to make 700 million to break even. They'll be lucky to even get there.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49711/18/2017

I thought Steppenwolf was such a generic, uninteresting villain. With all the well-known (and much better) villains in the DC universe, I don't know why they had to dredge up Jack Kirby's New Gods, which 99% of the population is totally unfamiliar with.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49811/18/2017

I thought Part I was supposed to be about Steppenwolf and Part II about Darkseid. But yeah, they're done with the cosmic stuff for sure.

Also, does anyone know who the hell teleported Steppenwolf out at the very end? Is it the Asgardian rainbow bridge type of a situation where someone constantly watches over you and pulls you out when you want to?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 49911/18/2017

[quote]Also, does anyone know who the hell teleported Steppenwolf out at the very end?

Apparently, they removed a glimpse of Darkseid from that scene.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50011/18/2017

The one thing DC does have over Marvel is their wide range of great villains.

Darkseid makes sense because he's the only one who would require everyone's power to stop.

But, again, they are so obsessed with emulating Marvel, they wanted to build him up over a series of films (from 2016 to 2019.)

They could have just taken the script for the animated film Justice League: War. It's the New 52 origin story for the Justice League that accomplishes everything they wanted to do (with the exception of Aquaman.) We get backstories, they unite, they fight Darkseid and it clocks in at 1 hour and 45 minutes.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50111/18/2017

Oh I love the idea of a Batgirl movie [R423]

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50211/18/2017

[quote]The one thing DC does have over Marvel is their wide range of great villains.

I’d say outside of the Batverse it’s just the opposite. Marvel has Dr Doom, Green Goblin, Doc Oc, Thanos, Loki, Red Skull, Galactus. Add in the X-verse (if Fox goes to Disney) and you have Magneto, Apocalypse, etc, etc.

Name a villain in Aquaman. Or the Flash. It’s just not the same.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50311/18/2017

Poor Affleck on the road promoting this turkey keeps breaking out in a horrible rash.

Alcohol related? Or just stress?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50411/18/2017

A makeup artist in the “Must Be Seen To Be Believed” thread said it’s an allergic reaction to spirit gum used to reduce the shine that the glue holding his toupee down would have in the studio lights.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50511/18/2017

[QUOTE]I read that the movie needs to make 700 million to break even

Probably closer to a billion once you factor in marketing costs

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50611/18/2017

Jeremy Irons looked embarrassed to be there, like he was just going through the motions to collect his paycheck.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50711/18/2017

And this from the guy who starred in this:

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50811/18/2017

Jeremy Irons should've played Alfred as Claus von Bulow.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 50911/18/2017

[quote]Jeremy Irons looked embarrassed to be there, like he was just going through the motions to collect his paycheck.

Jeremy "Gay Marriage Leads to Dads Marrying Their Sons" Irons should count his lucky stars he's even getting employed these days.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51011/18/2017

[quote]Oh I love the idea of a Batgirl movie [[R423]]

I do too.

I do not, however, love the idea of Joss Whedon's Batgirl movie, because after his Wonder Woman script that he wrote (I think on spec?) about ten years ago leaked and it was GODAWFUL, I realized her would just fuck Barbara over.

Also, Barbara is more interesting as Oracle. Yeah, I said it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51111/18/2017

Jesus Christ, the original Snyder cut had Nazis!

Someone found these on the web site of the visual effects company that did Cyborg

Snyder probably turned in two hours of exposition.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51211/18/2017

One of them has Flash meeting/saving Iris West so, at least originally, nope he wasn't meant to be gay

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51311/18/2017

I just came back from watching it. Good solid entertainment. I really liked it and so did the audience I saw it with.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51411/18/2017

[quote]WB has been making tons of animated DC superhero movies for years. These current DC films don't exist in a vacuum.

They might as well. The DCEU people were forbidden from chatting with the DCAU ones.

Although, given the debacle surrounding the Killing Joke last year, that may not have been the black mark we assume.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51511/18/2017

All is revealed by an insider VFX guy.

So apparently they listened to "my" suggestion from earlier in the thread and gave Paramount examples of a (much better looking) CG stache but they refused. I can't believe 4 VFX companies spent 3 months on this and it still looked like shit.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51611/19/2017

Or perhaps studios can give the comic book movies a rest for a couple of years, and attempt to introduce new Sci-fi/fantasy properties.

Lol jk i know that won’t happen.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51711/19/2017

R517 Why, though? Marvel's still making money with three movies per year so there's zero business sense in completely abandoning this genre right now.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51811/19/2017

[quote]Jake is too old to be Batman

Bruce Wayne? Bruce NASTY!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 51911/19/2017

R502 Me too or a Supergirl movie. And preferably without Whedon.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52011/19/2017

Still wish they 'd give Cavill a chance with a well-made Superman this time. The man can easily project the Superman qualities if directed that way. His dour demeanour was not his idea and not what he is about.

That is because I find him handsome and think he was really not treated correctly. Other than that I don't care about superheroes movies and wish that we'd get to see other types of entretaining movies.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52111/19/2017

There was a blink and you’ll miss it Selina Kyle cameo in JL. This was one of Joss’s scenes.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52211/19/2017

I know i'm dreaming but Halle should have another shot at it.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52311/19/2017

I really liked it. I thought acting of the core six was strong. It's the first time I've liked Henry Cavil as superman

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52411/19/2017

$96 weekend

Unbelievable

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52511/19/2017

It opened lower than “Iron Man” nine years ago

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52611/19/2017

They are predicting only a 27% drop Sunday which is optimistic, I think the actual will come in even lower.

But regardless, 96mil is terrible for a fuckin Justice League movie. Gal Gadot's own WW opened higher.

The Avengers opened with fucking 207mil. Warner Brothers completely fucked this up, audiences weren't excited about this movie.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52711/19/2017

It's still interesting the slow, dawning realization among the fanboys that Justice League just flopped.

Some of them are trying to say that the current projection is still better than a lot of movies, with the realists explaining that making less than half of what Avengers made is not good. Of the big tentpole movies of the year, the only one that opened lower was Logan, and that had the advantage of a much lower price tag.

WB is going to probably end up taking a write-down in the 100s of millions over this, aren't they?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52811/19/2017

$150-$180million write down

by Professor Farnsworthreply 52911/19/2017

Only liked Henry, because I love him so much!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53011/19/2017

It is crazy that the budget for this movie was so huge, over 300mil. When you watch it it does feel pretty cheap.

Thor Ragnarok looked more expensive and it cost 180mil.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53111/19/2017

The fanboys are so sad. They know nothing about finance and think that because they and their friends have convinced themselves it is great or have low expectations, then why on earth didn't people show up? Now they are grasping for the holidays even though there are a bunch of acclaimed movies rolling out or expanding this week.

it is extra pathetic when they go into conspiracy theories about the press and Marvel, while ignoring WB fucking up from top to bottom.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53211/19/2017

It was a mistake releasing it in November instead of the summer.

It was a mistake not putting Superman on the poster.

It was a mistake to rely too much on CGI at the expense of the characters' human factor. There was hardly any backstory for any of the characters, which makes it difficult for the audience to identify with/root for them.

The atmosphere was still too dark and gloomy. There's a lot to be said for brightness and color, especially in a superhero movie. It may have worked for the Dark Knight trilogy, but it did nothing for JL.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53311/19/2017

[quote]Of the big tentpole movies of the year, the only one that opened lower was Logan, and that had the advantage of a much lower price tag.

Logan was also rated R. Still did over $600m. Will JL even make that?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53411/19/2017

If it is bad legs it won't. Which is crazy that a Justice League movie could conceivably fail to make 600mil, but here we are.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53511/19/2017

It was a mistake not replacing Zach Snyder immediately after BvS, R533. Everything else is fallout from there.

I know they started production almost immediately after its release, but LucasFilm realized that they made a mistake and had Ron Howard basically reshoot the mostly-finished Han Solo movie. There's no reason WB couldn't have done that before they were in too deep.

Or even had they elected not to replace Snyder, they could have reigned him in more. It's their sandbox he was playing in.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53611/19/2017

Exactly, r536. Say what you will about Disney, but they don't let people come in and repeatedly fuck up their properties like WB had done with Snyder, and this would also apply to Guy Ritchie.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53711/19/2017

R342 I could watch an extended version, they seems to have more Cyborg in the deleted scene, might be interesting? His back story was a bit light. How come we have so much information about the deleted scenes when the movie is just out? I don't think I would stay 3 hours in a cinema watching a movie though, you would have people going to the toilets in the middle of the film.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53811/19/2017

The latest shred of hope the Reddit people seem to be hanging on is that it'll do great repeat business.

I almost feel bad for them.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 53911/19/2017

R484 "They should do a Batman movie where he goes evil because by Affleck's age he has CTE from all the concussions he's had."

That, done well, could be a phenomenal film. Maybe not CTE, but some kind of breakdown. Done well and realistically, with people around him not recognizing the signs at first, then not understanding how to deal with it, and of course the villain exploiting it. It could be a great Justice League plot, if you can find a writer/director willing to make them all more fully developed characters.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54011/19/2017

I love DC comics, but this movie fucking sucked and deserved to bomb. At least now the DC big wigs can't be blinded by the dollar bills and justify shitty reviews with big box office numbers like they did with BvS and Suicide Squad. "We make these films for the fans and they love these movies." No they fucking don't. Time to wake up.

It's time to significantly retool the universe. Shelve the Green Lantern, Batgirl and Shazam projects and focus on the core group.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54111/19/2017

The movie is saved! It's the biggest opening of the year in the Philippines.

This is honestly a little sad.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54211/19/2017

[quote]It's time to significantly retool the universe. Shelve the Green Lantern, Batgirl and Shazam projects and focus on the core group.

Nope. Exactly the opposite. I'm sick of the "Batman, Batman, Batman, Superman, Batman, Batman, Batman" formula that they've employed for so many years now. It's way beyond time to flesh out the DC universe. Fans expect it now. I'm pissed that they're shelving JL2 in favor of another Batman movie. It's like being on the highway and stuck in second gear when you know you should be in 4th or 5th. These WB geezer studio heads don't know what the fuck they're doing. They keep this up, and they'll always be playing catch-up to the Marvel films. The DC doesn't deserve to be the ugly stepsister.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54311/19/2017

If WB knew what they were doing, they could develop some of the minor superheroes in relatively cheap films using the major ones in small supporting parts and make a shit ton of money. And they need to stop going with big names in the major parts--they come with too much baggage and distraction. These roles are perfect for charismatic but relatively unknown actors (and you can lock them down for multiple films on the cheap--e.g. Gal Gadot). You bring in big names for "fun" roles, like a one-off villain or beloved supporting part, Alfred being the perfect example.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54411/19/2017

I know, I know, a movie like that should make a 200 M week end. Still, an opening of 94 M being considered a failure sound a bit too much like a justement my father would have.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54511/19/2017

The movie cost at least $300 million. Comic book movies--genre movies in general--are incredibly front loaded. This would have been a great number for one of the second-tier Marvel characters, but those movies don't have budgets that are anywhere near what this cost. And they don't have the world's three biggest superheroes.

For perspective--Wonder Woman made more and cost half as much.

$96 million may be a big number, but it's not the number it could have been. It's not half what Avengers made. Hell, it's not half what Age of Ultron made. Relative to what was riding on it, it was unmitigated flop.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54611/19/2017

LOl.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54711/19/2017

Worldwide Justice League has made $281.5M. That compares to Batman vs Superman which made $423M worldwide in its opening weekend.

It opened to $51.7M in China, which is below Thor Ragnarok's $54.7M

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54811/19/2017

[QUOTE]If WB knew what they were doing, they could develop some of the minor superheroes in relatively cheap films

That would never work!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 54911/19/2017

I pitched a Superboy movie but they didn't go for it

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55011/19/2017

They are never letting Batman go because it is their crown jewel. They should work on the lessers too, but the casting and approaches seem as bad as with the main characters. I mean that Shazam filming date made little waves and absolutely no one outside of a few fanboys knows or cares about a Deathstroke pitch meeting. Basically, they need to know when to let people go (Affleck, Leto) and when to let them just be team players like The Flash and Cyborg. Not looking forward to dudebro Aquaman.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55111/19/2017

Armie Hammer's Green Lantern will save the day!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55211/19/2017

Armie is more Batman than Hal Jordan. Rich playboy with a very dark double life. Just give him some S&M scenes with Selina Kyle or Talia al Ghul and he'll probably do the movie for free.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55311/19/2017

Most people who say they like superhero movies, don’t really like superhero movies.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55411/19/2017

Maybe DC should hire Marvel to make their movies

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55511/19/2017

The Avengers films look like the best Alex Ross or George Perez artwork come to life. The CGI is spectacular.

The DC films think that by making them dark and "cool" that they'll make them fresh. Well that'd be a great idea if they looked cool. Affleck looks like he's in a bad Batman costume shop knock off stuffed with foam. Even the comics went back to the sleek, clean cut Aquaman (see below). Comic fans want to see them really come to life.

Everything about Justice League looks and feels cheap. The CGI is terrible. The script is worse. And the villain (Steppenwolf?) trying to mimic the first Avengers film with masses of creatures coming at the League? Awful.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55611/19/2017

Marvel is devolving into the 60s Batman silliness with all the puns and comedy.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55711/19/2017

A minor thing, but it bugged me. Batman Vs Superman ended with dirt rising from Superman's grave, purposely implying he wasn't *really* dead.

Then this movie he is dead as a doornail, til our heroes realize the macguffin box could probably bring him back (why they think this, who knows).

Ignoring your own cliffhangers.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55811/19/2017

I enjoyed it, especially anything involving Wonder Woman and the Flash.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 55911/19/2017

R557 I've got a feeling Black Panther won't be jokey at all and it will be a welcome relief, at least for me. Of course, that could backfire and give oof the impression that people of Wakanda (and by extension all black people) have no sense of humour and take themselves too seriously. I hope Coogler found a healthy balance.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56011/19/2017

I have high hopes for Black Panther. The african setting and primarily black cast will give it a different energy from all the other marvel movies, and Ryan Coogler is quite a talent.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56111/19/2017

Was anyone else transfixed by Henry's errant eyebrow hair and wonder how the makeup people could've missed trimming that embarrassing thing?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56211/19/2017

Did not notice r562.

Though I was primarily transfixed on his upperlip. And his hairy tit muscles of course.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56311/19/2017

[quote]I have high hopes for Black Panther. The african setting and primarily black cast will give it a different energy from all the other marvel movies, and Ryan Coogler is quite a talent.

It looks colorful in a way that's different from how colorful GOTG and Dr Strange were. Also, holy hell is Michael B Jordan sexy as hell here.

Maybe I'm misreading, but I'm almost getting Fifth Element-y vibes from the look of Wakanda.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56411/19/2017

Yes, that chest fur is magnificent. It's especially hot when it's peeking out from under Henry's Superman suit.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56511/19/2017

someone at wb must really hate amy adams, she is given the cringiest lines possible, she also looked fat in the face and old in justice league.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56611/20/2017

Happier Times

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56711/20/2017

Henry Cavill basically saying thank god he got to play Whedon's Superman instead of Snyder's.

[quote]“He’s definitely different from previous incarnations,” Cavill says, speaking a few weeks ago during the “Justice League” press junket here. “I feel like this is the natural progression from the end of ‘Man of Steel’ into what he is now. This is a rebirth of the character, to coin the D.C. comics franchise right now: It’s a refresh.” He adds, “This movie highlights the qualities of Superman that exist in the comic books. That’s something I’ve always been very keen to highlight in the character. This rebirth provided the opportunity for me to play those characteristics.”

[quote]Whedon, who worked on the script and took over as director on the re-shoots, connected with the actor on that tone. “I’ve always enjoyed the traditional, very classic view on Superman in the comic books,” Cavill says. “I think there’s an enormous complexity to that character. I know when I was working with Joss he and I saw eye-to-eye on some of the aspects of Superman. That paragon of hope. That ideal. That wonderful feeling of, ‘Oh, good, Superman’s here!’ I have also developed a very personal and protective relationship over this character, and it was just lovely to have the opportunity to smile and feel good.”

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56811/20/2017

Sigh. I love Henry. He is my Superman.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 56911/20/2017

The actual numbers are Justice League made 94mil in the domestic market, I knew it would be adjusted down a little, that Sunday drop was optimistic.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57011/20/2017

[quote]The Question For 'Justice League' Isn't How Much Money It Will Make, But How Much It Could Lose

Detailed analysis. He estimates Justice League will make 635mil worldwide, and end up losing Warner Brothers around 50million dollars when all is said and done.

By comparison, that total is less than freakin Dr. Strange made. God, Warner Brothers fucked this up. Can't imagine what it is like in their office this morning.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57111/20/2017

Poor Henry, he really got screwed. Let Patti Jenkins direct Man of Steel 2 and give him a good canvas for his Superman.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57211/20/2017

If I were Geoff Johns:

-Keep Cavill, hire James Mangold to direct MOS 2 -Drop Batfleck, hire Armie Hammer, keep Reeves to direct. Hire Vikander as Catwoman? -Drop Ezra or have a very serious talk with him about tone (or hire Finn Wolfhard in a few years once they actually get around to making this movie), hire Lord & Miller to direct Flashpoint -Let Patty Jenkins & Gal keep doing what they're doing with Wonder Woman -Drop Shazam. Too goofy of a premise for the current DCEU. -Keep everything place for Suicide Squad 2 but at a lower budget. Terrible movie, but there's a vocal group of fans who really love it, so don't want to piss them off. -Find a good project for Ray Fisher, I thought he brought warmth to Cyborg that I wasn't expecting. Maybe retcon his whole body being robot except for 80% of his face, and let him keep more human bits -Riz Ahmed as Nightwing -I don't even know what to do with Aquaman. Wasn't blown away by Momoa's performance (he is super hot though), and what I've seen of Wan's movie doesn't look good. Hard to make a movie underwater. -Hire Ava to direct a Vixen movie

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57311/20/2017

Some good suggestions there r573 except

[quote]Hire Vikander as Catwoman?

Vikander lacks screen presence and has not won over filmgoers. The fanboys were not kind when she landed Tomb Raider and after those unfortunate swimsuit pics were posted. Catwoman needs a bombshell type, not a girl next door.

Now that DV has hired away Bendis, they might have a better shot at tapping into some of the stuff he was doing successfully for Marvel.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57411/20/2017

R573, what was wrong with Ezra’s tone? He was a breath of fresh air.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57511/20/2017

"-Keep Cavill, hire James Mangold to direct MOS 2 -Drop Batfleck, hire Armie Hammer, keep Reeves to direct. Hire Vikander as Catwoman?" Just get a Man from UNCLE 2 - Thanks. Or a Man of Steel 2 with the same Superman as JL, and some flirts with Lois, no drama, the damsel en distress thing is boring. "-Drop Ezra or have a very serious talk with him about tone " Keep it that way, it's the only thing that worked. Aquaman better be good, not impress by the Atlante. And more Cyborg with a decent storyline.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57611/20/2017

Sorry, formatting! (Hopefully this fixes it)

If I were Geoff Johns:

* Keep Cavill, hire James Mangold to direct MOS 2

* Drop Batfleck, hire Armie Hammer, keep Reeves to direct. Hire Vikander as Catwoman?

* Drop Ezra or have a very serious talk with him about tone (or hire Finn Wolfhard in a few years once they actually get around to making this movie), hire Lord & Miller to direct Flashpoint

* Let Patty Jenkins & Gal keep doing what they're doing with Wonder Woman

* Drop Shazam. Too goofy of a premise for the current DCEU.

* Keep everything place for Suicide Squad 2 but at a lower budget. Terrible movie, but there's a vocal group of fans who really love it, so don't want to piss them off.

* Find a good project for Ray Fisher, I thought he brought warmth to Cyborg that I wasn't expecting. Maybe retcon his whole body being robot except for 80% of his face, and let him keep more human bits

* Riz Ahmed as Nightwing

* I don't even know what to do with Aquaman. Wasn't blown away by Momoa's performance (he is super hot though), and what I've seen of Wan's movie doesn't look good. Hard to make a movie underwater.

* Hire Ava to direct a Vixen movie

R574 I'm mostly basing this on how much I liked Vikander in Man from UNCLE, and how much I enjoyed that movie overall. I could live with Ana de Armas as Catwoman though.

Though she's blonde, I was impressed by Kelly Rohrbach's acting in Baywatch. Not sure where she'd fit into the DCEU but I'd like to see her play a role that's not just about her body. Maybe Black Canary?

R575 He didn't feel like Barry Allen to me, and while some of the humor worked, I didn't think that a lot of it landed. I like Ezra fine, I just didn't love him in this role.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57711/20/2017

In spite of the narrative certain people want to push, most people loved what Ezra did. He was a highlight of the movie.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57811/20/2017

I got annoyed by Amber Heard's character. An alien from another planet just stole your most valuable possession that could destroy the entire world and the first thing on her mind is to nag Aquaman who probably saved her ass? Add to that the exposition dump that sounded like it belongs in another movie. Terrible writing.

R578 Did you make a planet-wide poll on that? Because I wasn't asked and I fucking hated him.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 57911/20/2017

R578 I guess unfunny, nerdy, gay, Jewish superheroes are a thing now.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58011/20/2017

[quote]I got annoyed by Amber Heard's character. An alien from another planet just stole your most valuable possession that could destroy the entire world and the first thing on her mind is to nag Aquaman who probably saved her ass? Add to that the exposition dump that sounded like it belongs in another movie. Terrible writing.

Because there really should have been an Aquaman movie first, you are right that hodge-podge Atlantis exposition seemed completely forced.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58111/20/2017

"hire Armie Hammer.... Hire Vikander as Catwoman"

So you want the next film to tank at the box office?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58211/20/2017

Aren't people tired of those superheroes movies yet ? Movies AND Television...The last time I saw one was when I was 8 and Christopher Reeves played Superman. They seem to all look the same and have been done to death. One of the main reasons we no longer go see movies nowadays. Juvenile kid stuff. Hollywood is so bland and commercial nowadays...Sad really

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58311/20/2017

R582 star power is meaningless in the face of huge IP like this. Had Chris Hemsworth ever made a successful movie before Thor? Or Evans before Captain America (that is, aside from Fantastic Four, which, again, was huge IP)? IP is what opens movies in domestic and international markets now, not star names. So talent/fitness for the role is more important than whether they've successfully opened a big movie before.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58411/20/2017

Hammer and Vikander don't have the kind of charisma or sex appeal you need for a big superhero role. Hammer is good looking but bland. Vikander is pretty but looks like an asexual teenager.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58511/20/2017

I like the idea of Alexander Skarsgard (with dark hair) as Bruce Wayne/Batman, as mentioned above.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58611/20/2017

[quote]Warners isn't commenting officially on the disappointing domestic opening, except to say the film is well positioned to play through the Thanksgiving holiday and into December (the next big tentpole is Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which opens Dec. 15). "Our path to ultimate box-office success is different from what we thought it would be," says Warners domestic distribution president Jeff Goldstein.

Your "path to ultimate box-office success" is non-existent.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58711/20/2017

[quote]* Hire Ava to direct a Vixen movie

If A Wrinkle in Time is a hit, Disney will move heaven and earth to make sure she gets a job at either Marvel or LucasFilm.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58811/20/2017

Disney offered her Black Panther, but they didn't see eye to eye on it.

Though I am glad she passed, I think Coogler is a better fit.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 58911/20/2017

Weekend actual: 93.8

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59011/20/2017

Henry Cavill says thanks by showing himself in boxer briefs.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59111/20/2017

Should do about as well as Amazing Spider-Man 2

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59211/20/2017

A Wrinkle in Time will be a total flop similar to Tomorrowland

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59311/21/2017

[quote]Weekend actual: 93.8

Putting it below GotG Vol 1. You know, the movie with a talking raccoon no one had ever heard of.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59411/21/2017

Michelle pfeiffer was the best catwoman but she's too old now,And camren bicondova is great in gotham but a tad too young for a standalone film!

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59511/21/2017

- LOVED Ezra Miller!

- HATED Jason Momoa! I want my blond muscle beachboy Aquaman of my youth, dammit! It sucks that Chris Hemsworth can't play Aquaman as well. But definitely someone that looks like the guy at the link below.

- The Justice League is not the Justice League without Supes, Batman, WW, Flash, Aquaman, and GREEN LANTERN. Cyborg is okay as an add-on, but not as a replacement for GL.

- I was absolutely excited to hear they're making a Shazam movie since he's my favorite DC character after Superman, but once I learned that Shazam will be female, I lost all interest. The Billy Batson/Shazam dynamic could've worked so incredibly well. Besides, there are other great female superheroes to explore: Batwoman, Supergirl,.... Um, I'm sure there are others. But Shazam should be male, dammit!

- Riz Ahmed as Nightwing? Armie Hammer as Batman? Maybe for the TV version, but they lack the charisma for a juggernaut blockbuster. There'd be little excitement by that casting. Nightwing has to be *smoldering.* Riz is not. Batman has to ooze dark, brooding sex. Armie is the happy go-lucky hottish nerd next door, so no. Even Affleck is a failure in that respect. Bale was close, but still wasn't exactly right. I think Richard Armitage might do very well, though.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59611/21/2017

Well, damn ... no love for founding member Martian Manhunter?

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59711/21/2017

Youre confusing the two Captain Marvels r596. DC’s Shazam aka Billy Batson is still male; Marvel’s Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers is the one being played by Brie Larson.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59811/21/2017

The "How it should have ended" have their own review / list of requests, the first one would be to modify BvS...

by Professor Farnsworthreply 59911/21/2017

New thread.

by Professor Farnsworthreply 60011/21/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!