Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

OFFICIAL VIKING Season 5 thread Premier Date NOV 29th.

Get your shields and swords ready, VIKINGS returns to The History Channel on Nov 29th at 9 PM EST.

Season 5 will also introduce Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Bishop Heahmund, a religious warrior who will become the perfect foil to Ivar.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Wednesday at 5:38 PM

VIKINGS Season 5 TRAILER Comic Con (2017) History Series

by Anonymousreply 111/05/2017

Can't wait.

Link back to the multi-season Classic DL thread

by Anonymousreply 211/05/2017

Bishop Heahmund (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is the wrath of God.

by Anonymousreply 311/05/2017

From the trailers, it looks like we're getting bad English Actor JRM. I hate it when he goes into this mode--did he not learn anything from the Tudors?

by Anonymousreply 411/05/2017

JRM decided to go with one facial expression for all 20 episodes of Season 5.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2017

I don't like the great Rollo with Roman Polanski's rat faced daughter.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2017

New Season starts this Wednesday Nov 29th with a two hour episode at 8 PM Eastern time on the History Channel in the US.

There are some of last seasons episodes starting at 3 PM -- to 7 PM

at 8 PM there is a special episode entitled "The Saga of Lagertha" about of course Lagertha.

at 9 PM the new season starts with a 2 hour episode.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2017

Needs lots of Clive Standen ass displayed prominently.

by Anonymousreply 811/27/2017

R8 have you been watching Taken on NBC? Clive is in it and therefore his role in Vikings has been reduced.

by Anonymousreply 911/27/2017

Excited but I will be recording and watching Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 1011/29/2017

It's not the same without Ragnar. But I will watch it religiously!

by Anonymousreply 1111/29/2017

history.com shows it the next day

by Anonymousreply 1211/29/2017

Meh, started watching because of J Rhys Meyers but there's not enough of him.

by Anonymousreply 1311/29/2017

Ivar is beautiful! I would be all over that lunatic, boneless legs or not. His upper body is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 1411/29/2017

Well I finally got around to watching this seasons first episode, maybe it is the lost of Ragnar, no Rollo, and very little of Bjorn, but I didn't find it as interesting as other seasons.

Man the violence and blood, they seem to be doing even more of it. I want to like these people but they are all such horrible horrible people.

I will keep watching it, because I just normally love this type of historical show, but I am not loving the new people the way I loved the older cast.

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2017

If you like this type of historical show right after Viking this Wednesday Dec 6th there is a new weekly show named Knightfall, about the Templer Knights that looks good.

by Anonymousreply 1612/03/2017

I love American TV, we can watch every second of extreme violence but god forbid, we see sex or a naked person.

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2017

I dont know if you get a different version in the states, but it is a Canadian and Irish production and there is sometimes nudity on ours.

by Anonymousreply 1812/04/2017

R18, yes, in the US, we get the censored version. So we get all the violence but none of the nudity.

That scene with JRM's bishop with the woman kneeling in the church--I wonder if a following sex scene was cut? The jump to the next scene seemed weird.

by Anonymousreply 1912/04/2017

Interesting scenario posed in this episode: who do you think Ragnar would've sided with re the Saxons? Would he want to fight, like Ivar or make peace, like Ubbe/Hvitserk?

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2017

Very violent latest episode Ivar's winning. Not liking that.

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2017

Why does it seem like JRM is acting in a completely different production? Everyone waits for him to finish his lines and then they go back to doing Vikings.

I love JRM but what the hell is he doing here? It appears like he showed up purely for the paychecks and can barely be bothered to integrate into the show. I hope it gets better....

by Anonymousreply 22Last Wednesday at 4:27 PM

Vikings looks like a good show. I have never seen it but it is available on amazon prime. I gotta watch.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Wednesday at 5:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!