Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The pedophiles and their apologists on Datalounge.

What. The. Fuck? Can we run these creeps off once and for all? I am gay and I find them seriously disturbing. Their casual linking of male homosexuality with predatory behavior like molestation and assault is dangerous for actual gay and lesbian folks, particularly gay men. Yet they claim any criticism of pedophilia or sexual molestation of minors is “homophobia.” How do we get rid of them here?

by Anonymousreply 10611/13/2017

Sure enough some one is gonna feel the need to make a distinction between a pedo and an EPHEBOphile.

by Anonymousreply 111/05/2017

quote[Yet they claim any criticism of pedophilia or sexual molestation of minors is "homophobia".]

Are we reading the same forum?

Can you show me where this is happening, yet alone attempt to imply it's widespread and common here?

What's with the hyperbole?

by Anonymousreply 211/05/2017

I came here to post what R1 did.

by Anonymousreply 311/05/2017

R2 A perfect example of the perverts. The pervs are overwhelming DL.

by Anonymousreply 411/05/2017

Don't stress over it, OP. With the true pedos, it's only a matter of time before the FBI knocks on the door and confiscates their laptops.

by Anonymousreply 511/05/2017

Now you can all see why guys don't usually say anything if something happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 611/05/2017

I just Ff'd op for starting a thread that will let the wrong element know that DL is a gathering place for their kind. Op, you need to remember DL shows up on Google searches and near the top and while you are frustrated you make things worse for what you are trying to rid.

by Anonymousreply 711/05/2017

R4 - Again, you fucking asshole - I have seen no evidence of your accusation. What's your agenda in stating this?

All you have to do is show me evidence this is happening at this forum.

Waiting. . .

by Anonymousreply 811/05/2017

OP, I shudder to think how you define the words, "molestation," "assault," and "pedophilia."

Toughen up, gurrl.

by Anonymousreply 911/05/2017

Go into any Kevin Spacey thread and there are multiple posts claiming every accusation against him is homophobia, R2. Have you really not noticed this?

by Anonymousreply 1011/05/2017

Don't get me started around the Woody Allen lovers here. There's one particular troll that keeps expressing how grateful he is that he's still working. OP is right. Once that asshole Spacey declared he was gay, the apologists jumped into action. Fuck that shit. He's a predator, gay, straight or trans. That he came out because of this shit is why I fucking hate him.

by Anonymousreply 1111/05/2017

Still unclear whether they are actual pedos OP or just assholes trying to get a rise out of DLers by pretending to be clueless pedos.

Sort of like all the people on Hillary Clinton threads who know they can get a rise out of her DL fan club and seem to enjoy baiting them.

by Anonymousreply 1211/05/2017

For R2:

Thread: “All it takes is an accusation at a gay man to destroy his life”

[quote]Gay men diddle little boys, so, he probably did. That’s what gay men do.

by Anonymousreply 1311/05/2017

NO, R8, we do not have to show you evidence when you can damn well read it for yourself. Pay attention, queen, the world doesn't revolve around your ignorance. READ the threads and shut the fuck up with your demands. I hope you get skeletal while waiting for anyone to service you, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1411/05/2017

Out of curiosity OP, does your head explode when you visit the UK and learn that 15 year olds are considered consenting adults there? Does your mind just leak out of your ears when you look at them and then look at a 16 year old in the US and know that one is mentally deficient and the other is okay? How do you keep from having an anyeurism at the conflict?

by Anonymousreply 1511/05/2017

Your argument is empty, R15, because OP is attracted to adults, not children. No fucking idea why anyone believes children can consciously consent to sex with adults, with full understanding of consequence, but there it is. Maybe more MPs and reps passing these fucking age of consent laws need to be looked into.

by Anonymousreply 1611/05/2017

The creepiest are the ones that have age of consent laws around the world committed to memory, and can quote chapter and verse to support their kiddie diddling.

Do these people have any non-pedo adult friends?

by Anonymousreply 1711/05/2017

But knowing that 15 is considered "an adult" in the UK and "a child" in the US, how do you tell which you're attracted to? There are some 15 year olds that look a lot older, but are, in fact, 15, and vice versa. Does the OP's head explode when he realizes the hot guy he was salivating over that he thought was 18 at the gym, is in fact 15? If you're a UK man it probably wouldn't matter, but as a US man I think it might cause him a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 1811/05/2017

I've seen one in the Spacey threads, then also the guy who started the "I'm a pedo and want tons of sympathy" thread, but that's it for full-fledged pedos. The rest are those weird apologist trolls who just don't think any of this happened, they do the whole "yes pedophilia is wrong but KS (or whoever) is innocent" thing.

by Anonymousreply 1911/05/2017

15 is not considered an adult in the UK, R18.

by Anonymousreply 2011/05/2017

So happy for your concern, R18. This sounds personal for you. Did it make a mess in the gym changing room when you found out and your head exploded?

by Anonymousreply 2111/05/2017

[quote]15 year olds are considered consenting adults there? Does your mind just leak out of your ears when you look at them and then look at a 16 year old in the US

This is where their sickness always trips them up: they firmly believe we’re ALL pedos at heart.

I don't even like being around teenagers; they’re dumb, weird and frequently smell. I like men over 35 generally and prefer men around my age, which is well over the “daddy” range. But this perv thinks I’m drooling over teenagers! Delusional freak.

by Anonymousreply 2211/05/2017

No, we believe you're making a ridiculous deliniation on a very arbitrary number and have this incredibly hard line and lack of care for any of the details that make you pointless to argue with. You're so convinced you're right that you haven't even thought about it and have decided that everything's black and white for everything else, which it isn't. You've assumed also that anyone who disagrees with your dumbass opinion also finds young kids hot, when in fact, I personally don't, but your holier-than-thou arguments and "everyone's a pedo" claims are asinine and should be called out. I'm sorry you find that thinking about it disturbing, perhaps you should use your brain more and you might find it's less painful.

by Anonymousreply 2311/05/2017

Pee-DOH

by Anonymousreply 2411/05/2017

There are many trolls on Datalounge. That's something you have to accept on an anonymous message board where posters believe they can troll people without facing consequences or delude themselves that trolling an anonymous message board is a great way to manipulate public opinion.

In both cases the trolls need attention beyond "I don't agree with the troll's comment" messages.

by Anonymousreply 2511/05/2017

Then you have the sad souls who post about how they fucked a teacher for a year in high school or let their uncle abuse them or maybe they were turning tricks at the local truckstop at 15 and they “turned out fine!” Um, no, you didn’t, especially if you’re arguing pro-pedo with that thinking, and even if you did “turn out fine” that doesn’t make grabbing or fucking teens okay. It’s not.

by Anonymousreply 2611/05/2017

So judgemental! It's a wonder you all don't just perish at the thought of it all!

by Anonymousreply 2711/05/2017

The age of consent in the US used to be lower in the various states, both for sexual activity and for imagery.

Then Anita Bryant went on a national campaign to "Save Our Children from Homosexuals," stating in the plainest language possible that gay people were sick fiends who would destroy our children and our country. And when she did this, gutless legislators across the country did not oppose the religious right as it introduced bill after bill to raise the age for consent as high as possible. 18 years of age is the age of majority and that is as far as they could go. You know they would ban gay sex entirely if they could. The US Supreme Court stated that states could use their powers to "protect" citizens up to the age of majority, and that's what the Christian right did. Orrin Hatch was her hand maiden in these efforts in the US Senate.

And now, Anita Bryant is gone, but we have gay people doing her work for her. Fuck you all with your screeching about pedophilia. The reason we have two words, pedophilia and ephebophilia, is because they are two different things. To dumb down the distinction is to dumb down the entire discourse on the matter. That's what Anita Bryant did and that's what some of you are doing for her now. Anita Bryant planted the ideas you idiots so dependably champion today.

by Anonymousreply 2811/05/2017

R28, would you care for some orange juice?

by Anonymousreply 2911/05/2017

R10 No, I have not noticed any support for Kevin Spacey at this site. If there is, it's Spacey posting here.

R13 - How does quoting the comments from Deplorables at another site, show me that this site is a haven of pedophile apologists? The purpose of that comment, and not unsurprising, was that many people equate homosexuality, and pedophilia as being one and the same. Kevin Spacey has just done so much damage by 'coming out', and cementing in the minds of those who left comments like you quoted as pedophilia (or ephebophile for accuracy)is the definition of homosexuality.

I still don't see how this makes this site, and many commentators on here this haven of 'the pedophiles and their apologists on Datalounge' as OP accuses.

I don't read all the threads, and I'm having Kevin Spacey overload, but I also haven't had a convincing response that OP isn't engaging in ridiculous hyperbole.

by Anonymousreply 3011/05/2017

That’s not from “Deplorables at another site.” Where did you pull that bullshit from? It’s from Datalounge.

And if you “have not noticed any support for Kevin Spacey” here you are either delusional or just lying.

Who do you think you’re fooling with this act???

by Anonymousreply 3111/05/2017

[quote]Anita Bryant is gone, but we have gay people doing her work for her.

Exactly. Just like her, you and Kevin Spacey link being gay with wanting to fuck high school students. You think being gay includes fucking teenagers. Thanks for spreading that lie, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3211/05/2017

r18 has never been to the UK, and the age of consent is 16.

by Anonymousreply 3311/05/2017

r13/OP, you stupid, that person was either one of the Trumptards, of which there are a lot here, or trying to make a point, because many DLrs here imply, without saying so outright, that all famous gay men over 50 must be pedos.

by Anonymousreply 3411/05/2017

Sorry, R32. You transparently made that up so that YOU could advance the phony argument that gay men molest children.

Transparent. Obvious. Go away until you can learn to read and to think with rigor.

by Anonymousreply 3511/05/2017

I think making the distinction between pedophilia and hebephilia is important given how Spacey chose to come out. For those gay haters out there nothing would delight them more than to scream "gay men screw 4-year olds just look at Spacey". Let's face two realities, the image of a 4-year old being taken advantage of is far worse than of a 14-year old in the mind of a deplorable. And there have been enough heterosexual cases of both men and women teachers screwing their 14-year old students so they don't have a leg to stand on by equating hebephilia as exclusively gay. Given that, I am tired of being called a pedo for making a distinction between the two. I have no interest in either children or teens. I am interested more in accuracy. You are not doing gays justice by screaming "pedo" when someone corrects to hebephile. I also suspect that many of those doing the yelling are fraus.

by Anonymousreply 3611/05/2017

R13 Please don't generalize. Not all Republicans or Trump supporters feel this way.

by Anonymousreply 3711/05/2017

People, this is a hysterical Pedo Obsessed Poo Shoes thread.

She’s worked herself into an absolute frenzy on this board done the Spacey thing came out.

by Anonymousreply 3811/05/2017

R23 if the average appearance and mentality at a specific age is "arbitrary" to you, when is a human last definitively a child?

by Anonymousreply 3911/05/2017

Go to therapy, R39. At no particular age is a human definitively a child, except for legal purposes. For legal purposes, one is a child until achieving the age of 18 years. Outside legal considerations, humans are far too diverse in every possible way to have a point at which they all cease to be children.

Your thinking about this is absurd, R39. You need psychological help. And an education.

by Anonymousreply 4011/05/2017

I meant the age when, diverse as they may be, all humans are still children. After that age, some may be, to you at least, adults.

by Anonymousreply 4111/05/2017

It' is becoming more and more obvious that there are a large number of pedophiles here and that they want to preserve their "rights" to molest.

by Anonymousreply 4211/05/2017

Fucking hilarious. What a bunch of ninnies. Led by Block Captain R42.

by Anonymousreply 4311/05/2017

The poster is correct, there is a contingent of posters who refuse to accept there is something wrong with grown men trying to get into the pants of 14 year old kids. Disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 4411/05/2017

Poo Shoes thread.

She is obsessed with “pedos.”

by Anonymousreply 4511/05/2017

There is a contingent of posters who believe any talk of what a shame it is when a great talent like Spacey falls like this -- or how repulsive it is when fellow gay men are happy about it or how dangerous this kind of Trial by Internet can be -- is anything but a defense of pedophilia. Disturbing.

There, fixed it for you, dumbshit.

by Anonymousreply 4611/05/2017

We have already lived through a horrible period of time when people accepted without question accusations of child abuse or accusations by children. May I remind you of the travesty of the McMartin hysteria and the injustice of the Kelly Michaels trial. Those are just a few of the cases in which OP's brand of hysteria and refusal to demand accountability gave us nothing but injustice after injustice.

There are a million reasons why any accusations MUST be questioned. For all the reasons you may believe accusations, I have as many reasons why they shouldn't be taken at face value or even believed at all, and why they may be either out and out lies or misremembered or misinterpreted events.

Thirty fucking years later. Puleeze.

by Anonymousreply 4711/05/2017

The truth is Spacey acted like a jerk with Rapp, but it wasn't really an assault. It was creepy, but not rape or even attempted rape. He let Rapp go and nothing came of it.

by Anonymousreply 4811/05/2017

[quote]He let Rapp go and nothing came of it.

For thirty-one years, that is . . . .

by Anonymousreply 4911/05/2017

You know what I meant, R49. He let him go and didnt' pursue him or assault him. Rapp left unharmed and opened his mouth 30 years after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 5011/05/2017

[quore] May I remind you of the travesty of the McMartin hysteria

Good luck with that r47. OP might be that poster who insists it happened.

by Anonymousreply 5111/05/2017

McMartin does not prove that most allegations should be doubted, as you seem to imply. The McMartin accusers were preschool children who had been coached and who made blatantly impossible claims. Rapp was 14 when the incident happened, he was old enough to remember accurately. There is nothing inherently unbelievable about what he said, and he appears to have no motive to lie. There is nothing impossible about him remembering the incident, even after many years.

by Anonymousreply 5211/05/2017

In terms of hysteria, it's exactly the same -- or could be if this keeps going. And remember it was not a bunch of toddlers that caused McMartin, it was one nutcase woman who knew her husband was diddling her kid but chose to blame it on Ray Buckey and the school instead. And that was all it took to ruin a bunch of lives and more at others schools we don't even know about these days. Every day some preschool was being busted for devil worship and the like and idiots believed every word. Without question. Much like they are eating up hearing what celeb will be brought down tomorrow, never mind if it is true or not, proven or just speculation.

It is very close and the case of poor Richard Jewell is another example of someone's life being ruined by rampant speculation and asshole media. I take this shit seriously. You should too.

by Anonymousreply 5311/05/2017

Lol I am not Poo Shoes. Call me names all you want but the Poo Shoe obsessives need professional help.

by Anonymousreply 5411/05/2017

[quote] Rapp was14 when the incident happened, he was old enough to remember accurately. There is nothing inherently unbelievable about what he said, and he appears to have no motive to lie.

You are beyond naive. Of course he had motives to lie. And memory issues are hardly reserved to children. This is an issue for all people of all ages.

He was a young actor who went alone to some actor's adult party. What do you think he went there for? Very possibly to ingratiate himself with the older actor who might be of help to him? Or maybe he was even attracted to the 27 year old Spacey - cartainly not an uncommon occurrence. Who knows - I don't think we will ever get a straightforward answer out of Rapp at this point. I also think I read Rapp may have lied to his mother about where he was going. All of which are motives to cover up his real intent on being there or getting out of trouble.

Instead of leaving when he "got bored" he went into his adult male host's bedroom and allegedly fell asleep. People upon awakening are often subject to cognitive dissonance and easily misinterpret events, sounds, etc. It is very easy to get events wrong at that time. To not question Rapp is exactly how people get railroaded. To even suggest that questioning Rapp, his motives and his memory and interpretation of these events is supportive of abusers is inexcusable.

I don't know what happened back then but I can assure you that Rapp has proabably by now convinced himself of his version and what it meant. Rapp's refusal to name names all this time just means no one closer in time to the events could challenge him. Naming a name now as part of some wave of unquestioned accusations is yet another way to avoid having his story fairly tested.

I never really cared for Spacey but I care very much about allegations going unchallenged.

by Anonymousreply 5511/05/2017

Why do you think Spacey has announced he is seeking treatment, R55?

by Anonymousreply 5611/05/2017

P.R. Like Harvey. It's a good way to prep for that Comeback story.

by Anonymousreply 5711/05/2017

Why should anyone believe Rapp? He's not credible.

by Anonymousreply 5811/05/2017

Rapp didn't only just come out with this, he's been saying it for many years. It's stupid to assume he's lying when all these other people had similar situations with Spacey. Hell, Spacey himself said it could have happened if he'd been drinking. Not to mention it'd be a pretty weak lie. If he was going to make something up, why not say Spacey touched him instead of just laying on him?

Rapp is perfectly credible. Every new story that comes out solidifies that credibility. Why are you so eager to defend Spacey and cast doubt on Rapp? Rapp's an out and open gay man. Spacey's a lying closet case predator. Which is more credible again?

by Anonymousreply 5911/05/2017

This is an important discussion. Clicking W&W for OP will eventually remove the grey lines. It makes it less likely to be deleted, which is the goal of the N A M B L A nerd crew. Their desire is to hide in the gay rights movement and to use gains in gay rights to advance their agenda. They were kicked out by gay men in the 70s and 90s and its time to do it again.

Go and revive PIE in the UK, then we'll have a list of you.

For those not familiar, the Pedophile Information Exchange was funded by the British govt. Roald Dahl, the children's author, was a member. Hard to believe, yes? These people actively seek out positions of power. PIE politicians advocated for the age of consent to be 4.

by Anonymousreply 6011/05/2017

These people are relentless, like kudzu. OP is correct, they need to be called out and pushed out by gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 6111/05/2017

South Park - Cartman Joins N A M B L A

by Anonymousreply 6211/05/2017

In the US

by Anonymousreply 6311/05/2017

There is a long history but pushing them out can be done, it worked in the past. Calling it out from Spacey to Singer to Savage is necessary. All of the harm they do is incalculable.

by Anonymousreply 6411/05/2017

by Anonymousreply 6511/05/2017

There was a residence hall director who was active in the LGBA at my college (Stony Brook, 1990) who was trying to incorporate ped stuff into our group, saying it went back to the ancient Greeks and that man/b*y love was pure and natural. His views weren’t supported by anyone and he became a pariah to the group. Turns out years later he was convicted for molesting and killed himself in jail!

by Anonymousreply 6611/05/2017

Most people remain children all their lives and are incapable of forming adult relationships. What about those people? The 50 year old manchild with the personality of a six year old? Surely, any sex with this person is a kind of rape.

by Anonymousreply 6711/05/2017

Are you talking about people with certain mental disabilities, r67? Then yes.

When I was in high school I knew a middle aged man who was slow and basically had the mental capacity of a small child. It would be rape if someone had sex with him because his disability made him incapable of giving consent.

by Anonymousreply 6811/05/2017

Damn OP, you sure know the spell for drawing the freaks from the woodwork.

by Anonymousreply 6911/05/2017

[quote]Why should anyone believe Rapp? He's not credible.

Yet he inspired at least ten others to speak up.

by Anonymousreply 7011/05/2017

My grandmother was married, and had her first child at 16. A common occurrence. Now, decades later, in puritanical America, anyone under the age of 18 is a child?

by Anonymousreply 7111/05/2017

False equivalency, R71, since back when your grandma got married average life expectancy was about 60. But keep it up calling out the technicalities, hair splitting and legal tap dancing. The more you people write, the easier it is to identify your future posts.

by Anonymousreply 7211/05/2017

[quote] Yet he inspired at least ten others to speak up.

That has nothing to do with his credibility.

by Anonymousreply 7311/05/2017

Pedophile sympathizers need to be banned from this site and their IPs given to the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 7411/05/2017

Twenty years ago a lot of people would have said the same about gay posters in general, r74.

by Anonymousreply 7511/06/2017

r72 you're a ridiculous bully and think that it's okay for you to state your opinions and boundaries behind the safety of an anonymous message board, yet others, if they do the same, are to be hunted down and rounded up because clearly disagreeing with your suspect chain of reasoning = evil. So yes, please keep making threats against other posters, as you've said it makes it easier to identify your future posts so we can ignore your sorry ass.

by Anonymousreply 7611/06/2017

[quote]Most people remain children all their lives and are incapable of forming adult relationships.

Uh, speak for yourself, Chester. *Most people* actually do form adult relationships. That’s why they’re considered the norm where an adult going after kids exclusively is considered a serious aberration and even a crime.

by Anonymousreply 7711/06/2017

I watched "Germany Year Zero" this weekend (deeply weird movie, Germans fighting starvation in 1945 Berlin), which reminds us in no uncertain terms that a significant number of Nazis were pedos.

Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 7811/06/2017

The cultural norms of the time mean Jesus was probably a pedo too, r78. It was something they did back then. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 7911/06/2017

I hate this pedo guy. Hey pedo, did you ever stop to think that lots of things that were once normal are not okay anymore?

by Anonymousreply 8011/06/2017

The cultural norms of the time mean we must all be Trump supporters then, r79.

That argument makes zero sense. Just because something is widely accepted doesn't mean more reasonable people don't step back and ask what the fuck is wrong with those people.

by Anonymousreply 8111/06/2017

It does make sense. People used to be allowed to own slaves, women couldn't vote, there was no minimum wage....things like that. Society changed.

by Anonymousreply 8211/06/2017

[quote]It was something they did back then.

So was stoning people, having 6 wives, and owning other human beings.

by Anonymousreply 8311/06/2017

Society didn't just change, people changed it. They saw that things were wrong or immoral and they pushed and fought for change. They recognized that what was being normalized was actually fucked up, and now we're all better off for it.

Well, except for the people that are sick and want to go back to those times.

by Anonymousreply 8411/06/2017

r80 calling me a pedo simply because I think your arguments are full of shit doesn't make me a pedo, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 8511/06/2017

r81 the argument was made in context of the previous argument, where the poster is trying to make the claim that most Nazis were pedos as a way of making them even worse, e.g. "you think pedos are bad, what about NAZI pedos???". No one, as far as I know, has claimed that pedophilia is a good thing. But I think a lot of the strawmen and arguments you holier-than-thou types are making in an attempt to justify Crucifixion-By-Internet are ridiculous and hysterical and I'm going to say so.

by Anonymousreply 8611/06/2017

People across the political spectrum are pedos - Spacey to Hastert. There have been several professionally printed signs recently at various antifa gatherings overtly linking them with pedos and here, with Spacey added.

As an activist, I remember the links with BAMN. Very negative reaction to a sign at Columbia recently was recast as a right wing smear.

This one has to be very recent and looks professionally made. It was linked on another DL thread. Historically, gays and lesbians have pushed the pedos out, repeatedly. Spacey and the sign carrier are not welcome to use me and the gains I helped fight for to legalize harm to kids. Professionally printed signs backed by $$$ means vigilance and calling it out is needed.

by Anonymousreply 8711/06/2017

When you call critics of pedophilia "holier-than-thou" are you implying you think those against pedophilia are NOT morally superior to those for it?

by Anonymousreply 8811/06/2017

In Spanish, "pedo" is a slang word for "fart."

Reading this thread makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 8911/06/2017

[quote]Reading this thread makes me laugh.

Your amusement is really all that counts isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 9011/06/2017

[quote]So was stoning people, having 6 wives, and owning other human beings.

Which continues to this day all over Africa and Asia.

by Anonymousreply 9111/06/2017

It's not just DL; Tom&Lorenzo said they needed to take a shower after deleting numerous comments excusing sex with minors under their Spacey piece. They also mentioned on their podcast how shocked they were at so many (gay) men saying it's nothing unusual to be attracted to minors when you're drunk.

We have to denounce this shit whenever and wherever we encounter it because 1) we prevent this view from being normalized, and 2) straight people are watching and I do [italic]not[/italic] intend to get lumped with those sickos. I get enough grief from straight people as is.

by Anonymousreply 9211/06/2017

R87 where did you find that photo? Where was it taken?

by Anonymousreply 9311/06/2017

R87 is spreading the latest alt-right conspiracy to smear Antifa. Ignore. Fucking troll.

by Anonymousreply 9411/06/2017

It's basically a hoax photo.

by Anonymousreply 9511/06/2017

[quote] They also mentioned on their podcast how shocked they were at so many (gay) men saying it's nothing unusual to be attracted to minors when you're drunk.

Excuse me if I'm not swayed by the salacious third hand claims of two men who say shocking things for attention and dollars.

Also you may want to take a glance at the four hundred million hetero "barely legal" vids on Pornhub and get back to me about how gays are more evil than straights.

by Anonymousreply 9611/06/2017

There is no equivalency between a man attracted to another MAN and a man attracted to a male CHILD, R75. That thinking that, "we were stigmatized so we have to stand in solidarity with every other group in the planet who ever experienced discrimination" is a gkawed, fallacious one and used by all kinds of unsavory people to hitch their wagons to.

It gets the question, why is this group discriminated against? Every instance is different. In the case of homophobia, homosexuality goes against the way of life proscribed by traditional religion and culture: marriage, followed by children, for the continuity of the line, posterity and property. It was thought that people had to be mentally ill or willfully contrary to God's laws to deviate from that. It is not in and of itself destructive. The fight for gay rights involved psychology--the realization that homosexuality was a natural, parallel adjunct to heterosexuality--and bringing the heterosexual majority to realize that homosexuals weren't perverse or destructive, but were behaving as their Creator had created them and did not pose any threat to a functional society, and that having a class of people cut off from normal romantic relationships and the right to a family life was the real destruction.

Pedo/ephebo/whatever-philia is a completely different situation. It involves an extremely lopsided, patently unequal "relationship" in which one of the parties is far weaker and incapable of real consent. The parallel isn't with hetero- or homosexuality, it's with the ability of a woman who's unconscious to consent to sex, or with one party to enter into a valid business contract with another where false or incomplete terms or services are presented as true and complete.

Some groups are discriminated against out of ignorance or expediency.

Others are discriminated against for damn good reasons.

by Anonymousreply 9711/06/2017

Male children are more like women than men.

by Anonymousreply 9811/06/2017

Agree, R97.

I hope Cory is able to avenge his friend and that he and his son stay safe.

by Anonymousreply 9911/07/2017

Depravity

by Anonymousreply 10011/07/2017

He should be fed, alive, to jackals at the zoo.

by Anonymousreply 10111/07/2017
by Anonymousreply 10211/12/2017

Assault is assault. Only trolls and shills try to argue in favor of a status quo where any kind of assault by powerful men is left unpunished.

All these posters who argue in favor of being assaulted themselves willingly forget that in most if not all these cases there was a power imbalance at place (boss vs. underling. aduld vs kid / minor) where it would ruin one's life if the victim had pressed charges right there. And also ignore the victim shaming they do attacking those victims for not coming forward earlier or claiming that the victim was asking for it, because the victim is nothing but an ambitious tease.

by Anonymousreply 10311/12/2017

R103 is right. The way victims are blamed and shamed makes me think the population of Steubenville are very active on DL.

by Anonymousreply 10411/12/2017

Steubenville?

by Anonymousreply 10511/13/2017

Google is your friend R105.

by Anonymousreply 10611/13/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!