Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do eldergays even like the name "eldergays"

I feel like saying it out loud sounds a bit weird pronunced. How do you feel about it?

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2018 2:46 AM

I don’t give a fuck.

I’m 50 and I’ll own it.

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2017 1:15 PM

I like it a hell of a lot more than “gelder”

by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2017 1:26 PM

53 here and don't give a fuck either. That's the great thing about getting older. It's very liberating to not give a shit what others say or think about you.

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2017 1:30 PM

I like it because it's ridiculous. At first there was a real attempt to stamp it out but it would not be denied. It's silly. It amuses me as a name. As a label, it's kind of depressing to have it reinforced time and time again, but this is DL. What would it be if it weren't damaging souls in one way or another?

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2017 1:32 PM

And R4, always remember, their day will inevitably come.

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2017 1:33 PM

r3 have you set anyone on fire yet? It's very liberating.

by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2017 1:36 PM

their day will inevitably come.

If they're lucky.

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2017 1:37 PM

We made it through the AIDS crisis and fought to make life better for them. No attempt by these children to make us feel inferior should work.

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2017 1:43 PM

When I see the term, I think of "Lord of the Rings," like it's referring to an elite group of ancient Wizards or something.

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2017 1:50 PM

Freed from endless striving and anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2017 1:53 PM

I prefer daddy.

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2017 1:55 PM

I prefer the term Caftan Stretcher.

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2017 2:06 PM

R8 For yourselves*

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2017 2:08 PM

"Eldergay" means I deserve a snood, hostess dress, and stacked fuzzy mules. That's an awful lot of prep for cleaning sex toys.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2017 2:11 PM

Eldergay is better than old queen I guess.

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2017 2:31 PM

We don’t believe in labels.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2017 2:40 PM

Eldersister

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2017 2:41 PM

I like "eldergays." I use it from time to time IRL.

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2017 2:46 PM

I refer to myself as a "creepy uncle" IRL, R18.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2017 2:50 PM

I wish the "uncle" trolls would go away.

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2017 3:02 PM

I'm a millennial, but I like the term because it both an jokey insult and a sign of respect (you respect your elders).

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2017 3:05 PM

I'm with R1.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2017 3:13 PM

No. It's just become another DL slur to be tossed around about anything and anyone some pinhead doesn't like. It's no different that Frau.

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2017 3:31 PM

Elderly homosexual

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2017 3:35 PM

Actually, R23, I see it used more often around here when someone else criticizes something a poster may like. "You don't like this Instagram slut who I want deeply inside me? You're OLD and OUT OF TOUCH."

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2017 3:43 PM

I like it.

by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2017 3:44 PM

Listen. At what age does one become "Eldergay"?

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2017 3:47 PM

For those with less than 8 inches: 35

For those with 10+inches: never!

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2017 3:57 PM

Hee Hee!!

by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2017 4:11 PM

I liked the one on here . Are you an "OLD"?

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2017 4:19 PM

lol R28

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2017 4:46 PM

Love it.

by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2017 4:56 PM

musical fartbag

by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2017 4:58 PM

Since it's said with a squeeeesqueee I don't mind.

by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2017 5:07 PM

I love the term and there are some good perks with being older. I just started my pension and I'm now covered for healthcare by my former employer. 60 is OK.

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2017 5:10 PM

I don't mind it at all: I guess it applies to me. It just means I've survived.

by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2017 5:11 PM

Definitely better than being called a millennial

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2017 5:46 PM

But what would Judy Garland say?

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2017 6:26 PM

[quote] "We made it through the AIDS crisis and fought to make life better for them. No attempt by these children to make us feel inferior should work."

[quote] "R8 For yourselves*"

R13, maybe we did it for "ourselves," yes, because your kind weren't around yet. But now that you're here, and benefiting from the struggles of those who came before you, would it kill you to be even a little bit happy about it instead of being such a little bitch? Maybe, before it all goes to shit again and gays have to defend ourselves from those who would call us all kiddy diddlers, you might appreciate some guidance from those who have had to fight this kind of character assassination before. And I believe that the correct response from you is, "Thank you!"

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2017 6:45 PM

R39 How am I benefitting from you surviving AIDS? First of all I doubt you even did anything for the gay movement but even if you do, you did it for yourselves. You think blacks and holocaust survivors expect constant ass kissing from younger jews and blacks? And they've been through worst. If you eldergays didn't fight for the gay movement someone else would of.

by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2017 7:45 PM

Yes, with their excellent command of the English language, if not their grasp of history and logic.

by Anonymousreply 41November 4, 2017 7:48 PM

R41 You do realize I'm speaking ebonics yes? I don't care to speak English "perfectly" because this is the Internet "dear". Only uptight queens who have literacy OCD cares about that. The fact you had to call out that single error instead of addressing the sentences (main point) as a whole proves you have no argument. However continue thinking eldergays are superior yet bitching constantly when you get attacked

by Anonymousreply 42November 4, 2017 7:54 PM

Anyone who thinks elders of any oppressed group don’t expect the youngans to show respect to those who paved he way is a fool...

by Anonymousreply 43November 4, 2017 7:58 PM

R42 = English chav

by Anonymousreply 44November 4, 2017 8:00 PM

Oh, boy. The gayhating half-black bisexual is back.

Trust us, honey, if we [bold]had[/bold] survived the AIDS crisis for your generation—an assertion I find illogical, too—I would have made it contingent on the fact that you were left out. Not you, asshole. The world did not do anything to deserve you.

by Anonymousreply 45November 4, 2017 8:01 PM

[quote]You do realize I'm speaking ebonics yes?

Well, smell you. It's 'African American Language' now, anyway. Racist!

by Anonymousreply 46November 4, 2017 8:05 PM

He can only be half racist, according to the half of him that can't be racist (because they say so).

by Anonymousreply 47November 4, 2017 8:06 PM

R43 Yet we don't see and blacks and jews constantly begging for praise and validation from younger jews and blacks, so why do you do it? You can't just because content with your accomplishments and move on? All the other oppressed groups are. At the end of the day you can't constantly keep insulting a group (millennials) and expect them to respect you. We owe President Obama for legalizing marriage not soley eldergays who "fought" for gay rights only for us to not fully get them about 2 decades later

by Anonymousreply 48November 4, 2017 8:06 PM

Does he pay by himself reparations?

by Anonymousreply 49November 4, 2017 8:07 PM

Shouldn’t R48 be waiting in some huge line for the mulan McNugget sauce?

by Anonymousreply 50November 4, 2017 8:08 PM

Yes, he pays reparations to himself, Tony.

by Anonymousreply 51November 4, 2017 8:08 PM

OMG 50 years old is considered Middle Aged in heterosexual world. You young and arrogant kids think you are the Club Diva and it will last Forever. Ha ha. You need to act your age and show Respect for others and older Gay men. r8 knows what the truth is about current state of gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 52November 4, 2017 8:09 PM

You write almost as good (sic) as he does, R49.

by Anonymousreply 53November 4, 2017 8:09 PM

R40,

R41 was actually being pretty lenient. Your post was a total nightmare to read. The verbs were not even in agreement.

You don’t have to follow grammar rules, but if you don’t, others will think you are uneducated. No one important will ever take you seriously.

It’s really a shame you were too lazy to pay attention in the 7th grade and haven’t picked up enough books in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 54November 4, 2017 8:10 PM

Mine was an autocorrect miscue...

She is proud to be tard...

by Anonymousreply 55November 4, 2017 8:10 PM

[quote]I’m 35- does that make me an eldergay?

Not to me, honey.

by Anonymousreply 56November 4, 2017 8:13 PM

35 is 55 in urban Gay World!

by Anonymousreply 57November 4, 2017 8:16 PM

R54 Yes because eldergays bitching for my approval and respect for "surviving" is someone important. Are any of you teachers and or college professors? (can't wait for you guys to start lying) didn't think so. So no you aren't important. The verbs were correct, barring "do" which should of been "did" in the original post. I highly doubt someone important is arguing with teenagers on a Saturday afternoon. Shouldn't you be out counting your money Mr. Important?

by Anonymousreply 58November 4, 2017 8:16 PM

I'm really intrigued by who else would have fought for gay rights if the original guys who fought for gay rights hadn't fought for gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 59November 4, 2017 8:20 PM

The fact you think we got marriage equality because Obama woke up one day several years into his presidency and decided to waive a magic wand tells never all I need to know about your bonafides

by Anonymousreply 60November 4, 2017 8:20 PM

^^tells me (and the world)

by Anonymousreply 61November 4, 2017 8:21 PM

R59 The generation after them?

by Anonymousreply 62November 4, 2017 8:24 PM

Sorry, but you aren’t making a case for yourself. Your post in R58 is just tragic. You used the wrong verb again! The subject of your first sentence is “eldergays” (plural) and the verb is “is” (singular).

I don’t have the patience to point out the many other errors.

Honestly, I feel sorry for you. It’s going to be a tough road.

Oh... I have people to count my money for me. (Thanks for asking☺️)

by Anonymousreply 63November 4, 2017 8:32 PM

R63 Again it's really not because an Eldergay who's like I said spending his Saturday on here surely isn't important. Continue arguing with teenagers as your "money" is being counted lmao

by Anonymousreply 64November 4, 2017 8:36 PM

Wow, someone's working very hard to avoid admitting a debt to previous generations. I don't care, I know my place in history. Today my alma mater has an LGBT resource center. I remember registering for classes as a freshman. Outside registration tables were set-up for various student groups. I remember the Gay Student Union table. One guy sitting bravely at a table, as no one stopped to talk to him, just stared. I didn't have the nerve to stop that day. It was acts like that which gave me the courage to come out. Over the years, even though I have no idea who he is, I have thanked him publicly for his courage on more than one occasion.

by Anonymousreply 65November 4, 2017 8:38 PM

We believe your IQ is in the teens

by Anonymousreply 66November 4, 2017 8:38 PM

R65 I shared same college experience. 3 people at the table. Rest of us still closeted.

by Anonymousreply 67November 4, 2017 8:43 PM

I prefer to be addressed as missy

by Anonymousreply 68November 4, 2017 8:46 PM

R64,

Ok, I give up. I cannot even make sense of your first sentence. To what does “it’s” refer?

Who is arguing? I was trying to help you from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 69November 4, 2017 8:49 PM

Unclear expression reflects unclear thinking. One can only assume, often quite rightly, that when someone communicates in an idiotic way that the individual's thinking and judgement may be equally jumbled and incoherent. So, why would any of his/her arguments be taken seriously? Still, logic and reason are at the heart of this person's flawed appreciation, if not of his preceding generation's toil and struggle, then of his/her failure to appreciate historical fact.

by Anonymousreply 70November 4, 2017 9:33 PM

I Wa scrubbed here too..

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2017 3:26 AM

If you learned English, OP, you wouldn't look so stupid at whatever age you're dragging behind you.

by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2017 3:29 AM

I don't mind it - except I hate the age cutoff. 40 and older to be an eldergay is kind of ridiculous. 40 isn't old anymore. You've only been a real adult for less than 20 years.

Over 55? Sure, I guess.

But wouldn't want to be 25 again for a million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2017 3:38 AM

Trollin' trollin' trollin'.

Most of the people throwing around "eldergay" are pretending they're young.

Meanwhile, even when I was young, I realized if all you have is your youth, you'll have nothing soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2017 4:45 AM

It started out as a slur against anyone posting here who was over 40. Now, not so much. I don't really care.

by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2017 5:41 AM

R9. if you want to go with the Tolkien theme then it would be Eldar-gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2017 6:07 AM

Not inordinately.

by Anonymousreply 77November 10, 2017 12:20 AM

I will adopt "eldergay" when younger guys embrace "basement baby".

by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2018 9:40 PM

Using the word was PROHIBITED here for awhile, anyone remember that? That was more than 5 years ago. Most of the elder statesmen have warmed up to it now. I love it because as someone said it shows respect, and a little shade hunny!

by Anonymousreply 79January 17, 2018 9:47 PM

Ohhhhh noooo!

Christ, what a racket! I hope you're all very happy with yourselves, my angel cake fell. And I'll never have that recipe again.

I will now retire to the youth-making comforts of my fainting couch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2018 11:33 PM

Dahrling! I looooooooove it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2018 1:28 AM

Well that's what we are, aren't we? It's quite nice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 18, 2018 1:32 AM

I don't mind it. It is true and not insulting.

by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2018 1:38 AM

Nearly Dead

by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2018 2:14 AM

I'm 34 and realize I'm on the precipice of Eldergay status. I have to admit that I thought I could whore my way through HK forever and I have snubbed an elder or two in my past. Now I'm reassessing and am starting to feel on the outside looking in. I just never thought 35 would come so quickly. After 30 it just all blurs by so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 85January 18, 2018 2:21 AM

If it’s good enough for Dick Chamberlain, then it’s damn sure good enough for me...

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2018 2:27 AM

I'm all right with it.

r85 you are on the precipice of eldergay status? Does it start at forty, I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2018 2:40 AM

What have the eldergays ever done for us?

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2018 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!