Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bryan Singer, Hollywood Pedophile Ring, Open Secret

On NPR Studio 1A right now, host Joshua Johnson.

It’s happening.

by Anonymousreply 54November 3, 2017 3:58 AM

It’s in the mainstream now. Game over.

by Anonymousreply 1November 1, 2017 2:55 PM

Thanks OP.

Simon halls must be sweating bullets

by Anonymousreply 2November 1, 2017 2:55 PM

When last time accusation came Simon Halls asked Bryan Singer to come out as bisexual and have a baby with a woman now he will ask him to come out as straight and marry the mother of his kid

by Anonymousreply 3November 1, 2017 3:02 PM

F&F OP

by Anonymousreply 4November 1, 2017 3:08 PM

Where is it? I don't see it?

by Anonymousreply 5November 1, 2017 3:08 PM

I've never actually seen any evidence about Singer actually abusing someone underage! Was he actually present at any of the DEN parties?

by Anonymousreply 6November 1, 2017 3:09 PM

No, this is all made up in some stupid frau's fevered fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 7November 1, 2017 3:10 PM

Earlier they were discussing how children were hooked on drugs and how they are controlled with drugs by their abusers. The deaths of Brad Renfro (linked to Singer who was named as someone who had frequent contact and friendships with known and convicted pedophiles) and Corey Haim were discussed.

by Anonymousreply 8November 1, 2017 3:10 PM

So per R8 statement, The OP headline never happened. If I were the OP I'd put alleged in front of everything he wrote to avoid getting sued.

by Anonymousreply 9November 1, 2017 3:13 PM

[quote]Was he actually present at any of the DEN parties?

Uh, duh. Singer doesn't deny that, just denies he did anything illegal.

by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2017 3:13 PM

[quote]Where is it? I don't see it?

It is a radio program dear.

by Anonymousreply 11November 1, 2017 3:14 PM

DEN was not mentioned and that’s a dead horse anyway.

by Anonymousreply 12November 1, 2017 3:15 PM

I know R11. I am German...

by Anonymousreply 13November 1, 2017 3:15 PM

Finally

by Anonymousreply 14November 1, 2017 3:16 PM

Link??

by Anonymousreply 15November 1, 2017 3:17 PM

The FBI and police are complicit. Why have they not been officially investigating Singer when everyone has known about this for years?

by Anonymousreply 16November 1, 2017 3:18 PM

It’s a LIVE RADIO SHOW R15. Are you slow?

by Anonymousreply 17November 1, 2017 3:19 PM

The statute of limitations for the DEN stuff is expired r16, that is what Egan tried to bring Singer up on charges in Hawaii but that fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 18November 1, 2017 3:20 PM

I love Brad Renfro

by Anonymousreply 19November 1, 2017 3:21 PM

It fell apart because the guy was not credible. Allegations need to be claimed by a credible working actor, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 20November 1, 2017 3:22 PM

r17 asshole, npr reruns some shows via podcast apps.

by Anonymousreply 21November 1, 2017 3:22 PM

Nobody would confuse Danny or Matt with being underage.

by Anonymousreply 22November 1, 2017 3:24 PM

Here’s a link to the show. You will be able to listen to it tomorrow online.

by Anonymousreply 23November 1, 2017 3:24 PM

And Singer is very careful now r16, you won't see him sleeping with a guy who is under the age of consent in the recent years.

by Anonymousreply 24November 1, 2017 3:25 PM

That’s actually not true R18. Sexual abuse law in CA is very murky. The law states 10 years statute for sexual abuse, but is essentially moot as there is a stipulation that there is a one year period to bring charges after the abuse is reported to police, NO MATTER THE TIME PERIOD, meaning it could have happened thirty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 25November 1, 2017 3:25 PM

Doesn’t matter R24.

by Anonymousreply 26November 1, 2017 3:26 PM

Here ya go r25.

[quote]At least one prominent sexual-abuse litigator turned Egan down: “I believe every word he’s saying,” the lawyer told me. “But he’s dead on the statute of limitations.” California law allows for accusers age 26 and younger, or three years from the date they discover their trauma. Egan was 31 and had discovered his trauma as early as 2000, as his old lawsuit clearly demonstrated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 1, 2017 3:27 PM

Yes, there is a three year limit for certain types of abuse if you have publicly stated it or “discovered” it with a therapist, R25.

Again, the law of limitations is extremely murky and is constantly being debated and is in flux.

by Anonymousreply 28November 1, 2017 3:31 PM

It's not an issue of statute of limitations only. Egan has also admitted to lying in court.

by Anonymousreply 29November 1, 2017 3:35 PM

Yes, that’s why I said a credible accuser needs to come forward R29. Preferably a respected name that can’t be bought. You see what Anthony Rapp has done to Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 30November 1, 2017 3:39 PM

Is anyone in Hollywood decent and upstanding anymore?

by Anonymousreply 31November 1, 2017 4:00 PM

I like how Tony upthread says "here's a link" to the show then doesn't give a link.

Usually there's a topic list for the shows on their website, isn't there? I can't find anything that matches OP's subject line but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

by Anonymousreply 32November 1, 2017 4:03 PM

Nothing the OP is implying really happened. Since you seem to get your jollies by throwing around the “pedo” phrase at people like Songer and Stephen Spielberg (whom you mentioned in your last thread less than two weeks ago), better stick to scandals like Weinstein, Spacey and today’s fresh crop to satisfy your scandal-lust.

by Anonymousreply 33November 1, 2017 4:12 PM

I don't think Singer has been with anyone underage here in the states, if he did, then they should have complained early on. The old shit gets ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 34November 1, 2017 4:14 PM

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 35November 1, 2017 4:16 PM

He did it! To more than one underaged boy.

When I think about Brad Renfro, I could just cry!

by Anonymousreply 36November 1, 2017 4:25 PM

The pedo defender rears his ugly head at R33. Tell it to NPR sweetie. And I haven’t started any threads concerning this subject.

BLOCKED.

by Anonymousreply 37November 1, 2017 4:27 PM

I've many times defended Singer when the allegations have been brought up, and like before I'm saying now that sure if he's done something wrong he should definitely face the consequences. However it's hard to know how much of the shit being thrown at Singer is driven by homophobia.

R36, how do you know? Were you there? You sound way too emotional about a thing you probably know nothing about. Are you some Renfro fangirl? Or are all his fans older men who like teen boys?

If I remember correctly it was Larry Clark on Brett Easton Ellis' podcast who said he was directing a movie with Renfro starring. They had to hire a handler to keep Renfro on-site since he kept running away to get high. Yes I know the narrative is that the pedo ring deliberately hooked Renfro on drugs but that sounds a bit too perfect. Anything is possible, though, but I need to see some serious proof before believing anything.

by Anonymousreply 38November 1, 2017 4:34 PM

This has been a long time coming.

by Anonymousreply 39November 1, 2017 4:37 PM

Lol at the “thread closed” troll trying to shut this down. Desperate much?

by Anonymousreply 40November 1, 2017 5:02 PM

I didn't take it that way. I thought it was a joke at the expense of threads with the P word in the title. DL has a tendency to delete them.

by Anonymousreply 41November 1, 2017 5:28 PM

Sorry R32, I was doing something else while I was posting this morning and forgot it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 1, 2017 7:19 PM

You can listen to it now, btw.

by Anonymousreply 43November 1, 2017 7:19 PM

R38 - Singer Shill And ass kisser!

by Anonymousreply 44November 1, 2017 7:27 PM

R44, since Egan is pretty much totally unreliable I refuse to believe just based on his words that Singer is the abuser he claims he is. Do I care if Singer has sex with guys over 18? No I do not. I've yet to hear a single credible story where he's sexually abused anyone. Like I've said I'm more than happy to change my mind about Singer if that ever happens.

by Anonymousreply 45November 1, 2017 7:35 PM

Yes R45. We get it.

by Anonymousreply 46November 1, 2017 7:37 PM

R46, so tell me what has he done that's so terrible?

by Anonymousreply 47November 1, 2017 7:42 PM

Another director who "mentored" Corey Haim and Brad Renfo: Joel Schumacher. And he absolutely sexualized both of them in his movies even though they were minors when working with them.

by Anonymousreply 48November 1, 2017 9:50 PM

I would imagine Joel Schumacher’s name will be emerging any day now.

by Anonymousreply 49November 2, 2017 2:41 AM

Singer is like a turd, just doesn't sink. No matter what.

by Anonymousreply 50November 2, 2017 2:43 AM

[R38] Do you have a link to the Larry Clark podcast, or at least what its called? Bully was very homoerotic, Brad was great in that. And the informers was alright.

by Anonymousreply 51November 2, 2017 4:20 PM

R51, here you go. I listened to the show through iTunes but it seems this link works as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 2, 2017 5:36 PM
by Anonymousreply 53November 3, 2017 3:39 AM

Joel Schumacher directed some episodes of HOC. They all seem to be connected work wise.

BI seemed to imply James Cameron could be next. I'm guessing more of the Weinstein variety.

by Anonymousreply 54November 3, 2017 3:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!