Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Russian-Sympmathizing Bernie Bro Matt Taibbi Is a Huge Sexual Harrasser

Yet Rolling Stone "stands by" him. Taibbi and pals are trying to claim his book about his hilarious hijinx in Russia is fiction, but a note n the book makes it clear it is non-fiction. In the book, Taibbi boasts of trying to get young female workers (some under aged) to give him and his friends blow jobs. When a woman tells him it's not funny he says, "But it is...funny."

(I searched a couldn't find a thread another this)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 22, 2018 11:06 AM

Not surprising at all

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2017 2:17 PM

Moved on her like a bitch....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2017 2:20 PM

Thanks for this thread because I have been googling this story and couldn't find anything on-line. Just a vague Twitter post that didn't go into details. Based on his appearances on Real Time he's kind of an asshole. Often rolls his eyes when other panelists are speaking. Always struck me as something of a smug fratboy. He's a good writer though and has done some good journalistic reporting for Rolling Stone. Are any of them Boy Scouts?

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2017 2:22 PM

They are all aggressive, selfish assholes with no conscience - that is how they "get ahead" in media, politics, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2017 2:25 PM

[quote]Sympmathizing

How do you M O R O N S tie your shoes in the morning???

s y m p a t h i z i n g

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2017 2:26 PM

As a matter of fact, R5, my spellcheck changed "Sympathizing" into the word you see in the headline. I must have once misspelled it and it was automatically put in my spellcheck dictionary. I have already cleared the dictionary.

What's annoying is that Raw Story doesn't include any examples from the book, but a commenter filled us in before the troll farm and Bernie bros swamped the commenting section, absolving Taibbi because "he apologized."

[quote] The book describes how he and Ames were trying to force girls to give them blow jobs, asked them "to flash their asses or breasts for us", repeatedly asked girls "can I fuck you in the ass", threaten to fire them for refusing sexual advances, and knowingly harassing underage girls working there, just to name a few. It even uses his name, for example when someone complains about the harassment to him in the book saying "it's not funny", it says "'But... it is funny,' Matt said". Trying to say it's "fiction" after the fact doesn't make it fiction

Sounds like some real hilarious satire, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2017 2:32 PM

I wouldn’t say he’s a good writer, he’s a good investigator. I would imagine that requires that you be a major cunt in life.

This would be very unfortunate for journalism.

I really don’t understand why a certain talent and ambition in straight men seems to go hand in hand with such vile behavior toward women. It’s this toxic narcissism that needs to be trained out of boys the moment they come out of the womb.

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2017 2:35 PM

His scalp is still a big 'ol mess. Matt, when you come here, please listen: Get that shit under control.

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2017 4:01 PM

R7 doesn’t understand the concept of narcissism

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2017 4:19 PM

Misogyny and Racism gave us Trump. Most straight, white, American men aren't worth shit.

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2017 4:28 PM

Hillary Bro and Husband Bill Clinton is a rapist.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2017 4:30 PM

Sexual harrasser Matt Taibbi is against Trump...awkward!

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2017 4:35 PM

He is nothing special as an investigate journalist either. Just another cocky dipshit. Throw him in the fire.

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2017 4:41 PM

Yes, it is easy to criticize GWB, Trump, or problems in Russia. They don't have to hire an asshole to do it and we don't have to worship him.

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2017 4:49 PM

shithead.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2017 4:52 PM

Make sure you put the 'Bernie bro' shit in there, just for the association, OP. Some asshole trained you well in the cheap shit community college marketing class. Transparent to those of us who can SEE, but that's not who you're trying to appeal to, is it? Douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2017 4:55 PM

You belong in the same category as this asshole, OP. Smear yourself with your own shit and see if you don't stink.

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2017 4:59 PM

He’s a douchebro r16. A misogynist, predatory, offensive douchebro no matter what his politics are. Happy now?

by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2017 4:59 PM

Very, R18.

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2017 5:00 PM

I wouldn't call him Russian-sympathizing. He lived in Russia for years during Putin's rise, reporting on business there, and he has no hesitation to write in detail on its corrupt culture then and now. Here's an example from last summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2017 5:12 PM

It's funny that it's mainly right wing news outlet reporting this. Nothing from The New York Times, Washington Post, The Guardian, or HuffPost.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2017 5:14 PM

They lose credibility when they make this about political "sides."

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2017 5:21 PM

R16. Bernie Sanders is not a viable path to ANYTHING.

Well, anything besides failure for the Democrats. But he knows this, and that is what really gets me about him.

He is enjoying his time in the spotlight but couldn't care less about the consequences of filling the heads of his followers with empty promises.

History will not be kind to Sanders or his obstinate lemming-like followers.

It's a shame though, that in the meantime we have to watch The United States burn.

When someone tells me they're a supporter of Bernie Sanders, I know there is no chance of having a reasonable conversation with them. I let them go through the laundry list of talking points and misinformation and extricate myself when I can.

It is disheartening that so many people think he is offering anything real for our country.

by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2017 5:41 PM

Don't know why the RawStory didn't link to the original Chicago Reader piece, but here you go. It's kinda sickening, but not at all surprising. Taibbi is trying to extricate himself with a technicality. I don't think it's going to work.

Frat boys all over the country may be sweating now.

I note Faux Noise his picked this up, but no mainstream press that I can see yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2017 5:47 PM

Meanwhile, from the guy in the whitehouse.

[quote]Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

[[quote]Bush: Whatever you want.

[quote]Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

But the right is cool with it, while they’re outraged about any left leaning guy harassing women. One can only conclude that their morals only extend to being in power, not accountability for specific behavior.

Spare us your outrage, Putinettes.

by Anonymousreply 25October 29, 2017 5:57 PM

Oh, the irony of R25

by Anonymousreply 26October 29, 2017 5:59 PM

Let the first person here who has never had anything they said or did in the past be reinterpreted or misreported, particularly in light of recent events, held against them hold up their hand.

by Anonymousreply 27October 29, 2017 6:10 PM

👋👋👋

by Anonymousreply 28October 29, 2017 6:12 PM

I'm an equal-opportunity scorner, R27. People of all types are guilty of sexual misconduct, some more serious than others. However, I am much LESS sympamathetic to people on my own political side, since it damages advancement of causes and positions I care about. The Anthony Weiners, Spitzers, Taibbis disappoint and anger the hell out me a lot more than a run-of-the-mill Repub.

Taibbi is arguably worse since his brand is all about being a muckraker. You've got to be squeaky-clean to do that work.

by Anonymousreply 29October 29, 2017 6:18 PM

Bearing says a lot of male feminists are turning out to be the harassers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 29, 2017 6:50 PM

I read about Ames and Taibbi while they were still in Russia, well over a decade ago. I can’t remember if they were still in Russia, but I think so. They were incredibly misogynistic and yes, they used their power against powerless women. Worse, they did so at a time when the economy there was in shambles and people’s lives were incredibly unstable. They wrote a lot of these things in their largely expat tabloid, the eXile. The worst was Ames’ description of bedding a 16 year old and then learning she was 15. He was in his thirties. They both struck me as pigs abusing the power and economic disparities at the time. In addition, Russia is not exactly a feminist paradise so these things are viewed as part and parcel of being female, even more so than in the West. You can see ads suggesting a woman will be expected to sleep with her employer.

Their tabloid was closed. Ames ended up marrying a Russian decades younger, and they both returned to the US.

Their attempts to distance themselves from their actions are hardly surprising but I believe they are lying, knowing Russia. They deserve to be exposed for the frat boy misogynists they are.

by Anonymousreply 31October 29, 2017 7:24 PM

did they ask anyone to present their hole?

by Anonymousreply 32October 29, 2017 7:40 PM

And Latino (or rather, Latinx) men are such feminists, right R10?

by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2017 8:13 PM

Years ago, his father Mike, a reporter for Channel 5 in Boston, was my neighbor at an apartment complex in Framingham. Hot guy, so many tenants were trying to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 34October 29, 2017 8:19 PM

Figures he was a rabid BerniBro. What else can we expect from the Berniebots?

by Anonymousreply 35October 29, 2017 8:24 PM

I was telling people all about this a few months ago when he kept writing articles saying the Russian thing was fake. BernieBros embraced him because they're huge fucking dicks and now they're on Twitter crying that they had no idea. But they knew.

by Anonymousreply 36October 29, 2017 8:25 PM

[quote]The worst was Ames’ description of bedding a 16 year old and then learning she was 15. He was in his thirties.

Ughh, I hope he goes to hell.

by Anonymousreply 37October 29, 2017 8:26 PM

R36 Unlike the Hilbots voting for a woman who hired PI's to dig up dirt on the women her husband molested. And whose first big case was defending a rapist who raped and maimed a 12 year old child. Go fuck yourself, cunt. At least Sanders might have won. The center-right warmonger lost virtually EVERY state in the country, quite an achievement!

by Anonymousreply 38October 29, 2017 8:30 PM

R38 = Russian bot. Blocked.

Taibbi needs to go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 39October 29, 2017 8:31 PM

This isn't about party politics, or divisions in party politics. It is about a pig.

by Anonymousreply 40October 29, 2017 8:32 PM

You Hilbot trash didn't want someone who was "too liberal" in the White House, and you got your wish.

R39 Oooh, Joe McCarthy blocked me...I'm so upset! I'll promptly return the favor because I don't talk to sheep.

by Anonymousreply 41October 29, 2017 8:33 PM

It absolutely would not, r7. Laugh all you want but I suspect he's a Russian asset.

The Exile was all about making fun of the US and US expats. While there he and Ames basically had an endless supply of young teens to molest (or worse), and The Exile was noted for being allowed to exist far longer than anyone expected, considering the govt at the time. People have asked for ages, how were they allowed to operate for so long?

Taibbi was rabidly anti Dem and anti Clinton, writing stories with specious claims and tweeting BernieBro lies. He was instrumental in spearheading the claim in the media that the dossier was useless and nothing but lies, and until Rolling Stone stopped him in July -- JULY -- he was writing articles saying this Russian collusion thing was a fake plot that the Dems were foolish to even talk about.

The guy is Exhibit A in how our own journalists are compromised and happy to build a reputation for years just so they can spread lies at critical moments. This was his critical moment.

Ask yourself why.

by Anonymousreply 42October 29, 2017 8:33 PM

He supposedly got fired at The Intercept, Greenwald's webzine, when it was just starting for harassing female employees there. He does not take kindly to criticism of his work; this despite his own poison-pen articles which take glee in attacking other journalists.

by Anonymousreply 43October 29, 2017 8:36 PM

And she LAUGHED, r38, you forgot that part of the script!

by Anonymousreply 44October 29, 2017 8:40 PM

R44 The story is TRUE, cunt. She even talked about it in her book.

by Anonymousreply 45October 29, 2017 8:42 PM

Love his books but I have to admit his history as a heroin addict who lived in Russia makes me wonder about his vulnerability to being cajoled into going easy on russia for some reason.

r34 what years in framingham? was this in a complex on rt 9 overlooking the reservoir?

by Anonymousreply 46October 29, 2017 8:42 PM

R44 Partisan ethics. When old tapes show Trump said that when you're famous, women let you grab them by the pussy, he was rightfully attacked. But when an old tape of Hilzy surfaces, where she's casually talking about getting a guilty rapist off, by using a slut shaming defense on a child, no less, WE are bad for mentioning it. You have the same 'morals' as the Trump trash.

by Anonymousreply 47October 29, 2017 8:45 PM

Unfunny people always describe their writing as being "about making fun of" whatever they simply, boringly, are.

by Anonymousreply 48October 29, 2017 8:47 PM

I thought I saw some output from Taibbi claiming that the Russia investigation was pure nonsense. Not sure where though.

by Anonymousreply 49October 29, 2017 8:50 PM

R46, 1974-1976 for my living there. Bayberry Hill was the name of the complex. It's still there.

by Anonymousreply 50October 29, 2017 8:53 PM

R23 I would love to talk about your BernieBro experience. My best friend's sister protest voted sanders and her beta-male husband did too. The funny thing is the husband is super passive but a covert angry white guy. You have to pay him attention to learn he's a douche. He comes across as really nice like Taibbi, but if you watch him he views women as objects.

Makes me wonder if we are living in an era of the nice guy harasser that hides under the venire of empathetic nice-guy.

by Anonymousreply 51October 29, 2017 8:53 PM

r31 everything he wrote about Russia is suspect because he wouldn't have been operating like that as an American in Moscow without the approval of organized crime/government, which is basically the same thing.

Anyone who truly criticizes the gangsters, government and/or Putin is silenced--some of them after they've left the country.

by Anonymousreply 52October 29, 2017 8:53 PM

He's like Greenwald. He says the Russia stuff has been concocted by Clintonistas who use Russia as an excuse not to take responsibility for her loss to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 53October 29, 2017 8:55 PM

Google Matt Taibbi Clinton. He's the biggest Bernie douche bro on the planet. He was just calling Russia a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 54October 29, 2017 9:01 PM

"Venire"

by Anonymousreply 55October 29, 2017 9:06 PM

[quote]He's like Greenwald.

Greenwald is another Berniebro misogynist that probably has some skeletons in his closet. I still remember his tweet calling Hillary a bitch when she first said Russia was tried to swing the election. I hope someone comes forward and accuses him of harassment because you just know it's probably true.

He hates Democrats and anyone who voted for Clinton

by Anonymousreply 56October 29, 2017 9:21 PM

R46, yep, guys like Malcolm Nance (exCIA) have been saying that Russian grooms Russian assets without those people even knowing they're Russian tools.

by Anonymousreply 57October 29, 2017 9:30 PM

r38 still forgot to include that detail, and that is SAD!!

by Anonymousreply 58October 29, 2017 11:24 PM

The eXile had Russian copartners, and rallied for FSB asset Eduard Limonov, so it could be they were comprised. However, it could also be that they never investigated anything important enough to worry anyone.

by Anonymousreply 59October 30, 2017 8:38 AM

Taibbi is absolute filth. He only got where he is through nepotism (his dad worked for NBC) and he's been pro-Russia since the early 1990s, when he went to university in St Petersburg, then worked for several years on The eXile.

I first heard about him in college because a friend had a Playboy subscription, and they'd print stuff from The eXile, which was gross fratboy shit that glorified rape. It's hard to remember but in the early and mid 1990s, white male grunge musicians were frequently talking about rape and sexual assault as a symptom of a broken, sexist society, but fratboys being fratboys just shouted "Rape Me" or "Sex Type Thing" or "Closer" while drinking PBR and thought "hur hurr rape is like cool." Taibbi and Ames wrote to that specific audience.

by Anonymousreply 60October 30, 2017 8:47 AM

Oh, and I meant to add that the reason he hates HRC is because of a whiny grudge he holds from about 10 years ago. He wrote some dippy thing about how the pope dying was hilarious, and both he and his editor were fired for it.

HRC was one of the many people who said it was just stupid and offensive without being funny. Taibbi being the little fucking bitch that he is has been holding a grudge all this time. He tried to pretend to be Lester Bangs about it (he was ALWAYS trying to be Lester Bangs about it) and claimed he was just hopped up on Vicodin -- he claims all that 1990s Russian rape stuff was just made up while he was high on heroin -- but in reality he just can't take criticism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 30, 2017 8:53 AM

“Yes, the Exile book. I thought it was redundant and discursive and you guys left out a lot of the good stuff you did,” I said.

At this, Taibbi’s mouth turned down and his eyes narrowed.

“Fuck you,” he snarled, and then picked up his mug from the table, threw his coffee at me, and stormed out.

The restaurant was packed with customers, and they all turned to watch as I sat there, stunned, coffee dripping from my face. The waiter arrived with the milkshake Taibbi had ordered. After wiping myself off a bit, I went outside, where Taibbi was putting on his coat, and asked him to calm down and come back into the restaurant. He walked up to me, glaring, beside himself with rage.

“Fuck you!” he yelled. “Did you bring me here to insult me? Who are you? What have you ever written? Fuck you!” I tried to talk to him, but gave up when he walked away. I went back inside, paid the bill, left, and began walking up Sixth Avenue. Halfway up the block, I turned around, and Taibbi was behind me.

“Are you following me?,” I asked. He walked toward me, raising his arms as though preparing to throttle me or take a swing.

“I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do with you!” he said.

“Are you kidding?,” I asked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 30, 2017 8:55 AM

r59 those two things are not unconnected.

He wouldn't have done anything of substance; no one did (and does) in post Soviet Russia. That's why he went the ex-pat frathole route.

by Anonymousreply 63October 30, 2017 8:57 AM

He did some excellent work exposing Goldman-Sachs role in the financial meltdown of the Great Recession, but I saw him on Bill Maher's show a couple of times and he seemed an arrogant and foul-mouthed cynic. I've looked askance at his articles since then.

by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2017 9:12 AM

[quote]He is nothing special as an investigate journalist either.

His primary gift is a way with words. But he's often mischaracterized as a lefty when he's really a libertarian. He is on the record as stating he believes that abortion rights should be left up to the states, which is simply an elliptical way of saying women's bodily autonomy is negotiable, i.e. their rights don't matter for shit. As others have attested, on-camera appearances he's done make plain that he is an utter douche. So, not at all surprising that he views women as prey and has no respect for them. He fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 65October 30, 2017 9:36 AM

I remember his Moscow paper used to rate the city's nightclubs on the "rapability" of the woman who'd patronize the clubs. A real progressive hero, this guy.

by Anonymousreply 66October 30, 2017 8:54 PM

The only reason he’s escaping notice is because there are bigger fish to fry currently.

Don’t worry, you’re coming up Taibbi.

by Anonymousreply 67November 4, 2017 7:57 AM

This mommy-hating tool and rape-culture lawn jockey did his bit to put Donald Trump in the White House, though not to the degree of his adored mommy-resenting rape-culture gnome, Uncle Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 68November 4, 2017 8:57 AM

We are truly living in a kakoracy.

Every candidate is vile, all their support teams are weazles, our idols are duplicitous and even the critics are scum. But the words tumble out in brilliant cascades, like the drool of the gods and we lap it up, like the spineless lickspittles we are.

by Anonymousreply 69November 4, 2017 10:17 AM

"Weazles." Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 70November 4, 2017 10:20 AM

r34's apartment complex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 4, 2017 10:26 AM

Michael Hafford, another writer for the Rolling Stone, has also been outed as someone who enjoys assaulting women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 4, 2017 11:12 AM

[quote]The book describes how he and Ames were trying to force girls to give them blow jobs, asked them "to flash their asses or breasts for us", repeatedly asked girls "can I fuck you in the ass", threaten to fire them for refusing sexual advances, and knowingly harassing underage girls working there, just to name a few. It even uses his name, for example when someone complains about the harassment to him in the book saying "it's not funny", it says "'But... it is funny,' Matt said". Trying to say it's "fiction" after the fact doesn't make it fiction

JFC, Taibbi is almost 50 years old, and acting like some 20 year-old fratboy douche.

by Anonymousreply 73November 4, 2017 11:14 AM

Why did I always assume he was gay?

by Anonymousreply 74December 16, 2017 2:57 PM

Loneliness, R74?

by Anonymousreply 75December 16, 2017 3:02 PM

Yuk...he's so not attractive.

by Anonymousreply 76December 16, 2017 3:06 PM

So, either he's a harasser or he's like James Frey who was raked over the coals for "A Million Little Pieces" for lying about his past and portraying the book as a truthful account of his life.

It's a farce to say it's fiction satire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 16, 2017 3:11 PM

There's a lot of bullshit on this thread along with some actual points that manage to be made.

OP's bias is obvious. And then there are the usual tedious Hillary bots AND Bernie bots. One in particular, r38, really made me laugh with his statement, "The center-right warmonger lost virtually EVERY state in the country, quite an achievement!" Except of course she didn't. She won 18 states plus DC as well as the popular vote.

Losers on both sides love this shit.

by Anonymousreply 78December 16, 2017 3:25 PM

In the book he rapes a drunk under aged girl, laughs at women when they cry during his abuse, gets his "girlfriend" who I'm sure thought they were in a faithful relationship pregnant, then mentally tortures and physically threatens until she gets an abortion like he wants. All the while he refers to these women as ugly whores, etc. what he does isn't remotely borderline. He actively sought out women to abuse, degrade and write about. It was his profession. I don't know why he has a career right now. His own evidence is damning. He should have been taken out a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 79December 16, 2017 5:05 PM

I haven't read the book, so I have no idea about Taibbi's alleged assaults. I do know calling him "Russian-sympathizing" and a "Bernie Bro" shows pretty clearly OP's bias.

by Anonymousreply 80December 16, 2017 5:09 PM

Sounds like a gross pig

We might have better media, movies and politics if you got rid of the gross sociopathic pigs. They truly only care about themselves and what they can grab.

by Anonymousreply 81December 16, 2017 5:09 PM

Actually, r81, a fair number of "gross pigs" also happen to be great artists. Sorry but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 82December 16, 2017 5:18 PM

That is what they tell us R82

by Anonymousreply 83December 16, 2017 5:20 PM

Lost any respect I had for RS when it published that college rape victim story without vetting or fact-checking.

by Anonymousreply 84December 16, 2017 5:21 PM

"That is what they tell us." So, r82, you need to be told that Picasso, Roman Polanski, Dustin Hoffman, etc., to name just a few, are great or at least very good? I don't.

by Anonymousreply 85December 16, 2017 5:24 PM

^That was meant for r83.

by Anonymousreply 86December 16, 2017 5:24 PM

Matt Taibbi epitomizes Bernie Bro to me. Liberal on the outside, hardcore asshole who hates women on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 87December 16, 2017 5:25 PM

[quote] Bearing says a lot of male feminists are turning out to be the harassers

All of them, witches!

by Anonymousreply 88December 16, 2017 5:29 PM

Picasso is overrated, Hoffman is just an actor. Polanski had one or two good movies - big deal. Movies are pretty collaborative, as well. And of course there was nasty stuff in his movies.

I don't have to be brainwashed to worship sociopathy.

How many non-sociopaths were never given a chance because they were not a part of the sociopath power circle?

by Anonymousreply 89December 16, 2017 5:30 PM

[quote] This mommy-hating tool and rape-culture lawn jockey did his bit to put Donald Trump in the White House, though not to the degree of his adored mommy-resenting rape-culture gnome, Uncle Bernie.

Calm down, Nan Michiganwomyn!

by Anonymousreply 90December 16, 2017 5:31 PM

No, r89, Picasso isn't overrated, and that's not to say everything he did was genius.

Hoffman is "just an actor"? So are Streep and DeNiro and Mirren and Judi Dench and Maggie Smith and Olivier and Gielgud, etc. Nothing like writing off an entire art form.

As for Polanski, many directors don't make one good film, much less two or three (he's actually made more than that).

And no "nasty stuff" should be in movies? You really do sound like a prisspot.

by Anonymousreply 91December 16, 2017 5:34 PM

Also not sure how Picasso, an artist who forged so many paths and was widely considered in the 20th century to be a genius, could be "overrated," r89. Can a genius even be overrated? "Einstein--that theory of relativity thing was amazing, but over all, he was overrated."

by Anonymousreply 92December 16, 2017 6:23 PM

Mozart--he was a genius, but...too many notes.

by Anonymousreply 93December 16, 2017 6:24 PM

he's the heterosexual Rich Juzwiak.

by Anonymousreply 94December 16, 2017 6:31 PM

I'm still surprised not a single accusation against Bernie sexually harassing someone has come out.

by Anonymousreply 95December 16, 2017 6:45 PM

Really, r95. Why? I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 96December 16, 2017 7:03 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 97January 2, 2018 2:39 AM

There are plenty of stories in New York about Matt Taibbi being rancid w. women, relative to the debacle w. Omidyar and otherwise. I perhaps naively thought he's take more heat.

With him and others, there's a decent case to be made that journalists go easy on their own.

I mean, the NYT got good work done w. Harvey, etc. -- and they damn well let everyone know it with a monumentally sanctimonious tone. And then they come up with some arrogant crap about how they won't ax the pig Glenn Thrush, communicate with their readers like we all have the IQ of a chair.

by Anonymousreply 98January 2, 2018 2:45 AM

Matt Taibbi October 14, 2016

Hypocrite progressive Matt Taibbi blasts Trump's failed candidacy after the Bill Bush video is leaked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 2, 2018 3:53 AM

r99, everything he writes about Trump is true. Where is he a hypocrite?

by Anonymousreply 100January 2, 2018 4:11 AM

What this guy did was far more vile and disgusting than what alot of other guys losing their jobs did. Why was this creepy eyed freak never punished?

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2018 9:13 AM

Disgusting Bernie Bro living up to his Bernbro reputation.

by Anonymousreply 102June 21, 2018 9:54 AM

Yeah, I read a couple of Rolling Stone articles of his I liked, but he's been a great disappointment to me after I learned about his actual history, views and personality.

by Anonymousreply 103June 21, 2018 10:08 AM

The “BernieBro” troll is getting desperate, bumping 6 month old threads for no good reason.

Also, nothing really came of this, did it?

by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2018 10:18 AM

I want him in me

deep

raw

load me up bb

by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2018 10:31 AM

So Al franken has to step down for what amounted to joking around but this sinister weirdo isn't even reprimanded. This whole me too thing seems so random . The media will shred some public figures while protecting others. Is this guy really so connected that people are afraid to go after him?

by Anonymousreply 106June 21, 2018 11:00 AM

Eh, it's the mad bumper, not a BernieBro troll. And Taibbi took a hit with his reputation, but not a huge one. If he ever has a second scandal this will all come up again, though.

by Anonymousreply 107June 21, 2018 11:09 AM

Taibbi is lucky his exposure happened a few months before #METOO hit the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 108June 21, 2018 11:20 AM

I think this guy is a sociopath. Ugly as fuck too.

by Anonymousreply 109June 22, 2018 11:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!