Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kratom

Oh no! Sanjay Gupta was just on CNN promoting regulation of Kratom. We just beat that back last year. He said it was “promising” as help for overcoming opioid addictions and showed positive comments from users, but he insisted, “It needs to be regulated so it can be studied.” Regulation by prescription would be a disaster for many of us who rely on Kratom for pain relief and management of anxiety & chronic fatigue. Part of its appeal is the ease of getting it. Let’s hope the moron in chief wasn’t watching CNN this am or he’ll find a way to exploit the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2018 7:16 PM

A fucking men OP.

I ordered over 1500 worth of kratom last September when it's availability was in jeopardy. If the DEA and the FDA really care about all the opioid deaths they better leave this the fuck alone. The only alternative for me will be back to H.

And I've been exclusively on kratom for 5 years now.

by Anonymousreply 1October 26, 2017 1:10 PM

And therein lies the problem, R1.

Big pharma would rather see you hooked on their pills, while law enforcement would rather see you hooked on heroin so that state funding for their positions and resources become more readily available, and private prisons may profit. If you happen to drop dead along the way, oh well.

They’re coming for Kratom again. They will make sure that you and thousands of other people can not access it. Bank on it.

I’d restock, if I were a Kratom user.

by Anonymousreply 2October 26, 2017 1:27 PM

R1 I ordered a year’s supply last Fall. I’m going to do it again now. I just don’t want to wake up one am & discover it’s illegal (or regulated). At least that way I’ll have some time to adjust.

by Anonymousreply 3October 26, 2017 2:12 PM

Thank you for the heads up OP.

I figure if I make 4 orders of $1500 worth(some of the suppliers limit quantity when using a Visa) I should have enough for a year and a half. I am currently using one kilo every 4-5 weeks, but I admit that I take it steadily. I am retired(early) so there is not a problem with work productivity. Do you not think that if and when they are going to shut it down, they will give notice like they did last Sept? That would allow everyone to purchase as much as they can afford.

I plan to get in touch with my senator, but he was in favor of keeping it available last time, so I doubt that he will reverse his opinion.

by Anonymousreply 4October 26, 2017 2:34 PM

Bunch of junkies you are.

by Anonymousreply 5October 26, 2017 3:28 PM

R4 Why the hell are you consuming a kilogramme of this stuff per month? And why have you been using this for five years, R1? Isn't this supposed to be a transitional herbal remedy for when you're hooked on opioids?

Bunch of junkies, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 6October 26, 2017 3:48 PM

Where do you all order from? I've been fond of OPMS but can't seem to find it to buy online

by Anonymousreply 7October 26, 2017 4:08 PM

If it goes through Congress, there will be some notice. But if it is an administrative action, they could just issue an emergency order and then it would be effective immediately. It also might be possible that Congress could just go ahead & act based on the notice and comment period from last year.

It probably won’t happen, but people are hysterical over opioids right now and this would be an easy way to make it look like they were doing something. I think there’s a good chance that they won’t ban it entirely, but they’ll make it by RX.

by Anonymousreply 8October 26, 2017 5:53 PM

I don't know what OPMS means.

R6 Look Mr. Judgmental pants, I don't know where you came up with the idea that kratom is a temporary substance for use when transitioning from heroin to a legal substance. It is used for PTSD and it has done wonders for many veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. A kilo of kratom is in no way comparable to a kilo of heroin. Remember, this is a product consisting of ground up leaves. I take a heaping tablespoon every hour, and that keeps my anxiety and depression somewhat in check. If I could still get hydrocodone, that would be my choice, but at this point it is all but impossible.

I am very well off due to a recent inheritance, and I would happily pay top dollar for my pills of choice, but I don't have that option.

Instead of dragging others, you should be content to feel superior to us broken people who fight every day just to cope.

by Anonymousreply 9October 26, 2017 6:00 PM

OK Kratom junkies (I say that with love). Do you use it for pain? I say the story on CNN and have been looking into it for my mother. She is on a lot of pain meds including a fentanyl patch and I'd be curious to know about it's effect on pain from people who are using it.

by Anonymousreply 10October 26, 2017 6:00 PM

You use it to keep you out withdrawal. For me, it has no effect beyond that. If they ban it, it will be really, really terrible.

by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2017 6:04 PM

There are several reputable sellers on line and they all seem comparable in price, quality, & service. I don’t want to pick one out to advertise. Go online and browse their websites. A few that I know are okay are Online Kratom, Kracken Kratom, Kratom Crazy & Kratom Caps.

Some people say the red Maeng Da strain works best and it costs more. I like to switch among a variety of reds, greens & whites. There is actually very little difference and varying strains can help prevent tolerance. You might find some strains more energizing and some more sedating.

As far as dependence, yes, you can experience withdrawal symptoms if you use it all the time (which those off us using it for chronic pain usually do) and you stop taking it abruptly. Withdrawal symptoms are mild, though, and it is pretty easy to taper off.

I use It for pain and take 1-2 tsp every 4-6 hours. I doubt if it would work for pain severe enough to require Fentanyl patches, but I really don’t know. I use it instead of hydrocodone, which I used to take 1 tab 4 x per day.

by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2017 6:10 PM

can it be used for depression?

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2017 12:17 AM

R9 Please give ayahuasca a try. Please. I took it five times, I think, over a few years. It literally cured my paralyzing anxiety. Most of the work associated with it comes with integrating what you experienced through ayahuasca into your day to day life. That can take weeks or many months. But then it’s always with you and many of us don’t need any pills whatsoever afterward. Taking something every hour for PTSD (or for anything) would be a curse. I hope you can break the spell.

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2017 12:30 AM

Very interesting post, OP. The war on drugs has been such a catastrophic failure that I can’t believe most of the idiots still believe it can ever work. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama both had a chance to decriminalize marijuana, and both fought tooth and nail to keep it illegal. If marijuana had been legal since 1980, millions of young men would not have criminal records.

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2017 3:14 AM

Well, the moron believes in “just say no” and seems to be more concerned about H and building his damn wall, so maybe he’ll leave us Kratom users alone. STF Sanjay!

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2017 10:10 AM

R9, screw that asshole. I’ve never been into Opioids, and thankfully, have not needed them for long term pain management. However, many do, and it’s unfair that people who legitimately suffer from constant pain, can not access pain management therapy via meds as needed.

If Kratom helps people with pain, depression, anxiety, PTSD, I’m all for it. I want this accesible to us all. Perhaps I will one day need to use it as well.

I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop. We have a bunch of sociopaths running our country, and I am pretty certain that they will go after Kratom in order to benefit big Pharma. Get as much as you can, because I am fairly certain big Pharma wants to regulate it and make it accessible via Rx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2017 2:12 PM

[quote]Instead of dragging others, you should be content to feel superior to us broken people who fight every day just to cope.

If you really needed pain relief you'd get it. I know people who take opioids and other meds for pain amongst other things. No, you want the drugs for recreational use. Just like the pot heads who can always get relief with other meds and ALWAYS is the key here. In double blind studies they always get relief. No, they want the pot, to get high with and have convinced themselves only pot helps them.

by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2017 3:19 PM

R18 pray tell me where in the fuck did I say that I needed kratom for pain?? I have never mentioned pain.

I have been diagnosed by THREE different psychiatrists with PTSD, and they have tried every medication under the sun. The only drug which made me feel like living another day was hydrocodone. I did not take a lot of it, but I took just enough to feel human. Now that is no longer available to me. Kratom is the next best thing.

Now fuck off and crawl back to your web of hate.

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2017 4:58 PM

"If you really needed pain relief you'd get it."

Most clueless comment here. There has been a big increase in suicides among chronic pain patients (mostly veterans) since the witch hunt against opioids started. If you had anything resembling a clue you would have read about this in the medical and legal news journals.

by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2017 5:06 PM

Kratom is cheaper and much more easily obtained than hydrocodone. It is an effective substitute that not only relieves pain but improves mood and eases anxiety. In larger doses it can be sedating, but it dies not produce a thrilling intense high. Very large doses cause vomiting which prevents ODs.

People who do not need or want it should not take it, but there is no reason to condemn and deprive those who find it useful. There is NO need for regulation by government and doctors!

by Anonymousreply 21October 27, 2017 5:57 PM

^dies = does

by Anonymousreply 22October 27, 2017 5:58 PM

Now it’s the FDA restricting Kratom. They are seizing shipments to the US. Please contact Congreesmen & Senators to ask that this be stopped. Meanwhile, stock up while you can, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2017 7:07 PM

Vendors say VISA & MC are cracking down on payments to them and are asking for COD or Bitcoin payment.

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2017 11:45 PM

Our local news did a story on that FDA advisory. I got the impression they think Kratom is some kind of poison.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2017 12:31 AM

But does it work for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 26March 3, 2018 11:52 PM

I've never heard of this. Will it help rheumatoid arthritis? Is it addictive?

by Anonymousreply 27March 4, 2018 12:17 AM

It helps a little with pain, but mostly with mood. Yes, it's addictive. You WILL withdrawal from it, although not as bad as from H. It also makes you constipated. Use with caution, like anything else.

by Anonymousreply 28March 4, 2018 12:21 AM

All you need to do to take care of the opioid crisis is to clamp down on the distributors who are shipping millions of pills to tiny little towns of a couple of hundred people. That's it really. They created the crisis by flooding the country with pills. Stop that and the "crisis" will eventually wind down.

by Anonymousreply 29March 4, 2018 12:26 AM

I have noticed the problem with Visa and MC the last 3 times I ordered.

1. My favorite site will only allow a max order of $300 on Visa

2. Another site shuts its Visa orders completely off when they reach their limit*each day. Therefore it is wise to order before noon EST.

Rolling Stone just did another piece which has scared the bejeezus out of me again. They said that the DEA is concerned because there have been11 deaths attributed to Kratom since 2001.

Bitch please. There have been 20 times that many people who died from their own pit bull attacking them. 30K people die every year from the consumption of aspirin(and its side effects.) They claim that they desperately want to get a handle on the opioid crisis? I no longer believe that. They simply want to control Kratom so the drug companies can make a fortune. I have already told my story, but in a capsule form:: I was an opioid addict for close to 30 years. Nothing could or would stop me. I did multiple rehabs and used all the meds to kill the craving and nothing helped until a doctor recommended Kratom.

I am up there in years. If they take this away from me I will lose any interest in remaining alive. I cannot enjoy even the slightest activity without Kratom. My PTSD is overwhelming, and Kratom gives me just enough of a boost so that I can soldier on. Without it, I would not leave my bed.

I hate the Feds and the asshole DEA. HATE THEM.

*limit set by Visa not the site

by Anonymousreply 30March 4, 2018 1:38 AM

R29 - do you have an example of where your solution has worked in the past? One example where shutting down existing distribution networks worked.

by Anonymousreply 31March 4, 2018 1:40 AM

[quote] I think there’s a good chance that they won’t ban it entirely, but they’ll make it by RX.

That's not going to happen. For any substance to become an RX, it has to have extensive testing. It has to be proven to have some type of beneficial effect on someone's health. The side effects have to be established

by Anonymousreply 32March 4, 2018 5:40 AM

R31, the problem was created by flooding the country with millions and millions of pills. The distributes literally generated the crisis, and are continuing to feed it. Kill the source and you'll kill the problem. It would help if we made pot legal everywhere, because that's been shown to reduce the need for opiates, and got the serious addicts into treatment programs (which we should already be doing). Unfortunately, as long as Republicans control the country none of this will happen.

by Anonymousreply 33March 4, 2018 2:40 PM

R33 - As opiate pills became more difficult to acquire and more expensive people just moved to heroin. As small local meth labs across the US were shutdown and the ingredients became more difficult to acquire in the US meth production moved to Mexico and the Mexican cartels.

R32 adds to the confusion by his description of what a drug must go through to be approved by the FDA. Oxycontin was approved even though one of the side effects if the pill was crushed was a superior high and addiction.

What started the pot farming industry in the US? Trying to stop pot from south of the border.

It's demand not supply that has to be the center of our attention.

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2018 7:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!