Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Judd Apatow Says Women Should Run From Woody Allen Projects

Did Woody think they wouldn't come after him too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 13, 2018 1:34 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2017 4:51 PM

Woody, I'm available!!

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2017 4:51 PM

Back off, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2017 6:13 PM

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2017 2:49 PM

Yes, he is correct, women should run from Woody Allen projects....but hasn't he produced his sexist crap himself from "Knocked Up," to Lens' "Girls"?

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2017 3:12 PM

Ellen Page wrote on Facebook that she is embarrassed to have ever been in one of his movies. It is a big regret.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2017 3:25 PM

Susan Anspach said something about the fact he expected to have affairs with his leading ladies - but that she wasn't playing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2017 3:47 PM

[quote]Susan Anspach said something about the fact he expected to have affairs with his leading ladies

Yes, especially when they were 17.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2017 3:49 PM

I strongly agree with him. But then there is this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2017 4:01 PM

Judd is half right about Woody, men should not work with him either.

Judd, what about this? Was it you who took the photo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2017 4:10 PM

He thinks he's above the scrutiny being hurled at others. No surprise. I read an interview with him and they asked him about the whole Soon-Yi/Mia business and he just came across as so smug and self satisfied about the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2017 4:11 PM

This was the Tweet about the Instagram

11/5/2014 Lena Dunham on Twitter: "I was really happy to see my sister and treated her like the campus bicycle

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2017 4:13 PM

They ALL think they are above rules and laws. Listen to Takei last month on Stern.

Judd, this is not a good fall for hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2017 4:21 PM

Thanks for the tips, Lena! Love, Woody

"‘As she grew, I took to bribing her time and affection: one dollar in quarters if I could do her makeup like a “motorcycle chick.” Three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds. Whatever she wanted to watch on TV if she would just “relax on me.” Basically, anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl, I was trying.’ "

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2017 4:30 PM

I don't know anything about this.

by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2017 4:41 PM

I think Kate Winslet met her first serious boyfriend when she was 15 and he was 28? She even said she was afraid to tell her parents but that they were fine with it. Soooo...there’s that.

by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2017 4:49 PM

How long before JLaw is in a new "prestige project" of Woody's?

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2017 5:20 PM

People actually might avoid him after this.

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2017 5:25 PM

His story has been hashed out in public many times over, and while pretty much everyone agrees that what he did was inappropriate, not everyone agrees on what actually happened. In the meantime, people who've worked with him, like Cate Blanchett, have won Academy Awards. Look at all the people who piled on Harvey Weinstein lately, who held their nose and worked with him anyway because he put them in important projects. Actors want good roles so badly that they put with all sort of shit to get ahead: that's why the predators continue to do what they do.

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2017 5:30 PM

There is this part of me who really wants something to come out on Judd Apatow. He is just so smug in this bullshit, even when he's right.

by Anonymousreply 20November 12, 2017 5:39 PM

Allen still works because he has conned liberals into accepting him as an 'intellectual American auteur'. He is a ghastly pseudo and his work has shown no flare or wit or charm since the late 70s, and he can certainly be discounted as having anything of any moral weight to share with audiences.

by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2017 5:46 PM

Judd Apatow is another fake male feminist. He says certain shit to get praised by women. He is probably hiding a lot of secrets about the actors that he has repeatably worked with.

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2017 5:48 PM

He employed Louis CK and Andrew Dice Clay on Blue Jasmine. He's a fucking cunt who likes to taunt people with his lack of morality.

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2017 5:50 PM

It's all too public now. I don't think people will want to work with Woody Allen and the subject of his latest movie certainly does not help.

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2017 5:50 PM

Based on his movies (have not seen him interviewed), which seem to glorify the douche-bro frat-boy ethos, Apatow's comments don't ring true to me.

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2017 6:01 PM

Apatow is masquerading as a feminist to get chicks. It's clever strategy and piggish men have been using it since the 1960.

Just ask Joss Whedon's ex-wife. Btw, Hollywood has billions riding on Whedon and shut his scandal down quickly. I'd love to see renewed attention to his activities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2017 6:22 PM

I'd like to smack Judd Apatow in the face.

What a shmuck.

by Anonymousreply 27November 12, 2017 6:31 PM

Judd Apatow is very smug can't stand him of his shitty movies. When is he finally going to be taken down? He always sticks his nose into everyone's sex scandals and pick at them. I also think he's a racist as well. Something dosent smell right about Judd. His day is coming. Because he's definitely not perfect. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2017 6:43 PM

Agreed, 100%, R25!

Susan Anspach, R7! That’s a name I hadn’t heard in years! I didn’t know she’d said anything about Woody Allen. She worked with him at the time he was involved with Diane Keaton, so I don’t know what to make of her comments.

by Anonymousreply 29November 12, 2017 6:52 PM

R28 Apatow will be harder to be take down because he has played up his phony feminist act for several years and many female movie fans have bought into it because he produced Bridesmaids, Trainwreck, and several other female led comedy movies. He's a smug asshole.

Apatow slammed Bill Cosby and a lot of people praised him for it. But, he only slammed Cosby months after the dozens women came forward with their stories. It seemed liked Apatow only made the statement for attention and praise.

Whedon is another douche that is hard to take down. As another poster said Hollywood managed to shut down the ex-wife stuff pretty quickly. There's definetely more to him and there are stories of him treating actresses on Buffy and Angel like shit.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2017 7:14 PM

R30 if enough women come out against Apatow at once he'll be finished. There's just something about him that dosent sit right.

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2017 7:17 PM

Catherine Van Oost

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2017 7:18 PM

Judd Apatow‏Verified account @JuddApatow

What would Trump do to a Transgender, DACA child who wants to take down racist monuments and believes in global warming? The stockade?

Apatow says there is such a think as a "transgender child." He is a sexist and a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2017 7:18 PM

Within SJW circles, this behavior is called "cookie seeking"

It's a painfully obvious exercise in trying to score points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2017 7:27 PM

How many cookies does Chastain currently have?

by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2017 7:30 PM

R34 called that sums up perfectly what Apatow is doing. "Cookie seeking" I love it!!

by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2017 7:33 PM

I figured Apatow and Adam Sandler would find their way to the metoo list.

by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2017 7:55 PM

[quote] Apatow is masquerading as a feminist to get chicks. It's clever strategy and piggish men have been using it since the 1960.

Okay, let's ask a gay guy what strategies men should use to get women.

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2017 9:19 PM

Does Apatow even recognize the irony of putting the responsibility only on women to "run" from Woody Allen?

by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2017 9:27 PM

[quote] Okay, let's ask a gay guy what strategies men should use to get women.

This gay guy recommends honesty. But also knows that power and deception work on men and women equally.

You've never seen a straight guy join the drama club, or even go so far as to hang in a gay bar to pick up chicks looking for "sensitive" men?

Learn more about the lengths that "male feminists" will go to to get and abuse women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2017 9:36 PM

r40 it doesn't work. Women think of male feminists as one of the girls. They don't want to fuck them. The fact that Joss Whedon or whatever wealthy male feminist gets women has nothing to do with their feminism, but their money and connections. I don't trust male feminists by the way. Their amateur tactics amuse me more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 41November 12, 2017 10:54 PM

Not sure why Judd is placing the onus of turning down this work just on women. Everyone in Hollywood should boycott the fucker. It's okay if MEN continue to work with him?

by Anonymousreply 42November 12, 2017 11:13 PM

[quote]I also think he's a racist as well. Something dosent smell right about Judd.

I agree. Black men is his movies are always buffoonish. They’re stupid to make bro Rogen look smart, or, like, find his skinny shrew wife or Lena Dunham fuckable

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2017 7:05 AM

Judd Apatow is a bit too obsessive about his hatred of these molesters. It is like he is overcompensating. I suspect we'll hear an accusation against him soon.

by Anonymousreply 44November 18, 2017 7:11 AM

r44 isn't Jonah Hill in his crew? He has some nasty rumours around him.

by Anonymousreply 45November 18, 2017 7:23 AM

I've never seen it but don't a lot of people say "Knocked Up" was a very sexist film?

by Anonymousreply 46November 18, 2017 7:25 AM

I'm available Woody! Call me maybe?

by Anonymousreply 47November 18, 2017 7:39 AM

M dear you told the world soon after Manhattan that you didn't like him and his film. Pity Helen Sinclair could have been yours.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2017 7:49 AM

Fuck this guy! He’s jumping on a bandwagon for his own interests. Pushing out the competition because his career isn’t what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2017 8:33 AM

Diane! So nice the shelter has wifi these days. Is G there with you? Who's Helen Sinclair remind me?

by Anonymousreply 50November 18, 2017 9:00 AM

[quote]Based on his movies (have not seen him interviewed), which seem to glorify the douche-bro frat-boy ethos, Apatow's comments don't ring true to me.

That's the reason I don't find his comments to be sincere or true. The female led movies that he has produced are usually raunchy comedy movies that are led by women.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2017 4:37 PM

Same thing with Arnold r7.

From what I've heard Sharon Stone was the only one who escaped performing that requirement.

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2017 4:43 PM

I don’t think any actress has ever complained about her treatment on a Woody Allen set or ever complained about being sexually harassed by Woody Allen. So what’s all this about? Links please.

Just a bunch of nobodies seeking moral superiority over ambiguous events that happened decades ago. If Mia and the prosecutor thought they had a case, they should’ve brought it. Instead they just keep on unfairly and immorally claiming his guilt over and over. So tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 53December 3, 2017 4:48 PM

Ellen Page has every right to be embarrassed about the film she did with Woody Allen - it was terrible and she was terrible in it. Lucky for her, few people have seen it. She ought to learn to live her own life a little more honesty instead of blaming people after the fact for decisions she was perfectly capable of making. Oh the pressure! Forcing her to make one terrible career decision after another! Must be awful. Who will she blame for the Flatliners remake?!

by Anonymousreply 54December 3, 2017 4:52 PM

[quote]Just a bunch of nobodies seeking moral superiority over ambiguous events that happened decades ago.

THIS is the attitude that inspires so many successful Hollywood types to turn into predators. Their victims are "nobodies." Their fixed belief is that rich, successful, powerful people are ENTITLED to rape and assault with impunity because their victims don't matter.

by Anonymousreply 55December 3, 2017 4:55 PM

I hate to say it but I had a lesbian acquaintance who used to cruise yoga and meditation retreats in order to hit on the "straight" women who were open and "fluid" in such environments. One leader of one group banned her from ever attending again because she recognized the fact this women was using the group like her own "dating" pool.

So assholes do recognize how to bait women using their sensitivities and need for support and nurturing against them. Pretty vile.

by Anonymousreply 56December 3, 2017 5:00 PM

Don’t be so tiresome, R55. That isn’t what’s happening here. No one has ever accused Woody Allen of being a predator. If anything, Mia is the predator - she’s been preying on him for decades with her unproven, unprosrcuted allegations against Allen, brainwashing his own children against him. It’s so fucking tiresome and a perfect example of using false allegations to harm others. Mia is batshit crazy when it comes to Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 57December 3, 2017 5:07 PM

Yes! All sex is terrible! No one should ever have sex again!

by Anonymousreply 58December 3, 2017 5:08 PM

I agree, R58.

by Anonymousreply 59December 3, 2017 5:15 PM

Women! Everybody should run from that non-award accepting genius's projects!

by Anonymousreply 60December 3, 2017 5:23 PM

Well... I recall reading a comment on DL regarding Woody Allen being beaten up/running away from a New York high school , where he was eaiting for his "girlfriend", eho was a STUDENT during the 70's. I believe it was during the time he was filming a movie in which Mariel Hemingway was co-starring (if I temember correctly, she was also underage at the time). There have been many rumors about Woody perving on underage girlls, r55 ( or should I call you Mr. Allen...?).

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2017 5:46 PM

The 15 yr old became his first wife, at 16.

by Anonymousreply 62December 3, 2017 5:55 PM

Apatow is an asshole. And jealous of Woody's success.

by Anonymousreply 63December 3, 2017 5:58 PM

R53, they didn't. Farrow pushed and pushed, they investigated and investigated. There was no there there.

by Anonymousreply 64December 3, 2017 5:59 PM

IMDB shows Woody has one more film in the can. Is it over for him after that?

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2017 6:02 PM

Bullshit, R61. You're not Lolita, you're a desperate Gloria Swanson, desperate for a close-up.

by Anonymousreply 66December 3, 2017 6:09 PM

She was the greatest of them all!

by Anonymousreply 67December 3, 2017 6:35 PM

R64 is lying. The judge said the opposite, in fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 3, 2017 6:39 PM

Not quite, Wood..er...r66. I 'be never wanted a "close'up" from molesters, or their apologists!

by Anonymousreply 69December 3, 2017 7:36 PM

He likes to yap.

by Anonymousreply 70January 20, 2018 10:31 PM

Take a nap, Mia.

by Anonymousreply 71January 20, 2018 10:51 PM

Um, isn't Apatow bffs with James Franco?

by Anonymousreply 72January 20, 2018 11:12 PM

Poor little Judd. His bullshit boycott again Quentin Taratino hasn't done shit in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 73May 12, 2018 2:26 AM

Didn't Apatow give Anne Hathaway and Katherine Heigl because they questioned whether the Knocked Up script was sexist. Also he went after an female writer who wrote about his movies and a connection to incel hero Elliot Rodger.

by Anonymousreply 74May 12, 2018 3:03 AM

Since when have homosexual men cared about what men named “Judd” have to say?

by Anonymousreply 75May 12, 2018 3:21 AM

Takes one to know one.

Apatow is a hundred times worse than Woody Allen, IMO. Woody doesn’t give a shit what people think about him. That lousy schmuck Apatow does. And he hangs out with that nasty Lens Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 76May 12, 2018 3:41 AM

Apatow is too vocal about these harassment cases. It seems like he is overcompensating. I bet we get stories about him some day. Paging Katie Heigel!!!

by Anonymousreply 77May 12, 2018 3:45 AM

Apatow has a movie about garry shandling out. I wonder if he touched on the sexual harassment that he subjected one of the female writers to. Also not a word about Franco.

by Anonymousreply 78May 12, 2018 5:05 AM

Apatow has two daughters, that may have something to do with his opinions. In fact, I'm surprised that that isn't a influence with more straight men, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 79May 12, 2018 12:50 PM

I don’t see Ryan Reynolds staying with Blake for much longer.

by Anonymousreply 80May 12, 2018 12:53 PM

[quote]Also not a word about Franco.

Apatow needs to be called out on that.

by Anonymousreply 81May 13, 2018 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!