Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Walking Dead - Season 8

Oh Negan, Negan, Negan. I'm not much for anal play, but I [italic]really[/italic] want to see your hairy hole swallow up every last inch of Lucille.

Please don't kill off Rick or Daryl. Or Carl. Or Michonne. Or Maggie. Or Aaron. Or Jesus.

And speaking of Aaron and Jesus, they would look so freakin' =hot= together!

I binge-watched the first 7 seasons on netflix these last couple of weeks and absolutely fell in love. I never watched it because I thought, "Zombies? Meh." Boy, was I wrong! Season 7 Episode 1 was an absolute game changer.

Season 8 starts Sunday, 10/22/17. Anyone else watching this absolutely amazing show?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 12, 2018 1:57 PM

Interesting oP, everyone I know who binge watched it years after it premiered really likes it. Everyone I know (myself included) who has been watching it for years at it's regular time on Sunday nights thinks it's pretty stale at this point. Season 7 was awful, imo, and I didn't even bother to watch the last two episodes of that season. Negan sucks, he's a fucking cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2017 10:04 PM

Stale?! There is no other show that has evolved--and continues to do so--at such a frenetic pace. This show drops character faster than even Game of Thrones (a show that IMHO pales in comparison to TWD).

By all accounts, Season 8 is supposed to be mind-blowing. I'm definitely in.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2017 10:18 PM

Tom Payne, the little guy that plays Jesus, is gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2017 10:28 PM

Finally caught up on the last few episodes thanks to the Netflix tip. The last episode of season 7 was...frustrating. I hope Season 8 isn't all about Negan. I don't think my heart/sanity can take it.

On a related note, I'm going to dress up this year's jack o'lantern as Abraham. Heh.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2017 12:55 AM

I watch season 7 on Netflix and the only thing that got me to the last episode was hoping Negan would get killed off. With Negan still around I can only image season 8 will be a copy and paste of season 7. I can't tell if it's the actor or the character I dislike most.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2017 1:29 AM

R5, they are repeating a preview show on AMC all this weekend. In it, they keep saying Rick is Rick again, he’s fighting back, Rick and Daryl spend a lot of time together this season, and Daryl wants to kill them all. So it may be better this year. Andrew Lincoln says, “Rick has a plan.”

Hopefully they got the idea that fans weren’t happy.

I checked out last year after Glenn became a smashed pumpkin. I’ll check back in this year.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2017 1:46 AM

When Carol (the lesbian character) going to get a love interest? If they can have Tara hook up with a woman, why not Carol?

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2017 2:07 AM

Jeffrey Dean Morgan's ham-fisted acting is back in session. He's so tedious. They really need to get rid of his character.

The walkers really are just extras now.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2017 2:19 AM

R7, Carol had a hookup bf, Tobin, a couple of seasons ago. I think he eventually was eaten if I’m not mistaken.

You probably don’t remember because he was sort of a cardboard cutout of a person.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2017 2:21 AM

Hi Robert Kirkman/r2!

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2017 3:02 AM

It seems like we skipped a whole bunch of episodes to get to today's show!

Were they this prepared from the last episode last season?

I can't remember

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2017 3:28 AM

Yeah, that big attack did seem pretty sudden, R11. I thought that tonight's episode tried to be crowd-pleasing but felt flat. Negan is an unbearably dull villain; he doesn't even get any good lines.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2017 3:29 AM

Negan needs to die, along with about half the cast.

The remaining should go west. This show is much better when the characters are on the road.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2017 3:42 AM

^^ Agree.

Keep Daryl, Carol, Maggie, Michonne & Rick. Kill off the rest.

80% focus on walkers, 25% on other humans.

Move around alot more. To cities. Sick of the woods.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2017 3:53 AM

Can't stand Tara or the Sciento who plays her.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2017 4:00 AM

Sorry, meant 80%, 20%...not 25%

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2017 4:02 AM

Watched the marathon this past week and the Governor is still the best arch-villain of any season but Shane was downright frightening and watching him descend into madness was the best story arch. He's my favorite character of all of them. Then Carol. I miss Merle, Hershel, and T-Dog. The first season under Darabont is still the best. So tired of Kirkman and " the writer" repeating the same tired hyperbole about the new season. Negan is a real dud. I like Morgan but the actor who plays his right hand man is more charismatic and gets better lines. Is there another more interesting villain on the horizon? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2017 4:06 AM

Any guesses as to the reason behind Rick's interspersed dream sequence in episode 1, which seems to take place some time in the future? Real-world Rick seems to have been crying, so I'm guessing someone gets bonked. I'm betting on Carl. Or maybe Maggie. (If so, too bad because I really like both of them.)

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2017 5:28 AM

Wow, this is the only thread.

Well, agree with R8, JD Morgan's acting is way over the top. DVR'd the episode and fast forwarded through much of it. The speeches in the beginning were also too much, I just wanted to tell Rick to shut the f up. Also, kind poor editing. Didn't understand in the end where Rick and Carol were attacking.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2017 5:30 AM

Welp, it's obvious Gabriel's a goner in ep 2.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2017 5:40 AM

Gabriel should have been gone a long time ago. Agree with r13 and r14; they need to trim the cast. I'm actually surprised how bloated the cast is, considering the show runners are so cheap (which is why they are always in the same place for months or, at this point, it seems like years).

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2017 5:44 AM

Why did Rick seem to act like an 80 year old man in the future sequence when it apparently was only at most 5 years in the future?

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2017 6:36 AM

Why do the garbage people speak so bizarrely only two years into the zombie apocalypse

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2017 6:44 AM

I want to know:

1) how Little Ass Kicker went from being an infant to a 4-year-old toddler overnight. Exactly what was in that formula? And how can she be blond if neither Rick, nor Lori, nor Shane are/were blond?

2) what does one feed a full grown tiger during a zombie apocalypse?

3) why hasn't Daryl run out of arrows yet?

4) how does Carol keep her hair at the exact same length? And shouldn't have Michonne's extensions fallen out by now?

5) doesn't Negan get hot in that leather jacket in the middle of a Virginia summer?

6) what are the women using for their, er, monthly visitor?

7) what must Rick's boots smell like?

8) and most importantly, why haven't any of the animals become infected? Even the pigs were able to eat rotted zombie meat without so much as a bad case of the trots. I want to see a swarm of zombie dogs, cats, and ravens hunting down the survivors, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2017 7:19 AM

r24 7. they don't call it being on the rag for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2017 9:01 AM

I meant 6.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2017 9:02 AM

The actor playing Father Gabriel was added to the main credits this season. My guess is we will watch him be slowly tortured throughout the rest of the season and he will finally expire on the season finale.

But! He will stay true to Rick...until... the...bitter...end.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2017 11:32 AM

It is slower than pond water.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2017 11:34 AM

R27, all actors, even those who do not appear in all episodes for the season, appear on the credits.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2017 11:46 AM

Seth Gilliam was added to the main credits beginning with last night’s episode.

He is one handsome man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2017 11:53 AM

I know they won't kill off Neegan but then don't put him in situations where he should be easily killed. He is standing right out in the open. Easy shot. Then at the end, he walks right up to Gabriel, who has a gun, threatening him, shoot him. It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2017 12:53 PM

R24, back when they were in the prison, they would go on supply runs and I assume they would also get toilet paper and sanitary supplies, whatever they could find. After a while, they’d have to go farther and farther out. But there are warehouses full of that stuff, and dead people don’t need it.

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2017 6:21 PM

This season Jesus looks as if he’s had a blow out. Glam.

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2017 6:58 PM

I'd guess that Rick's flash forwards portend to Carl dying. (the last one with the little girl around five years old included Michonne, but not Carl .... I think). And the actor playing Carl supposedly wanted out to attend college.

The opening 'fight' was not the big one of the season, obviously. I would've expected a paring down of the cast if it were the big one. Probably will happen in a cliff ending mid season episode.

The choices of who stayed back and who went to fight were so random. I know that Michonne and Carl were supposedly left behind to defend their place, but .............. Gabriel ? Enid ??

I don't think Negan will make it to the end of the season. Unless the production fanboys are more concerned about what they want to see than what the audience wants to see.

Would it be crazy for Eugene to be the next villain ? If so, I sure hope he gets a gruesome death instead. I don't want to see him redeemed. He has had plenty of opportunity to take out Negan himself, instead 'I am Negan' and all that bullshit.

I am glad the new season started and will hang it and see how the ride goes.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2017 8:17 PM

I have a thing for Andy Lincoln. What a sexy man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2017 8:23 PM

Andrew really needs to lose the beard though.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2017 8:24 PM

As one of the main characters why doesn't Lesbian Carol have a girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2017 8:27 PM

[quote] 3) why hasn't Daryl run out of arrows yet?

After he kills the zombies he goes back to retrieve his arrows from the dead heads of the Zombies.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2017 8:29 PM

[quote][quote]Andrew really needs to lose the beard though.

By "beard," do you mean his wife?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2017 8:32 PM

[quote] Move around alot more. To cities. Sick of the woods.

They have a studio lot where a section includes a wooded area that makes it easier (cheaper) to shoot multiple different scenes in a "woods" setting.

Wheras if they shoot in cities, they have to clear up, dirty it up, arrange permits with the cities, etc. So it is just easier to do their storylines in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2017 8:33 PM

[quote]Why do the garbage people speak so bizarrely only two years into the zombie apocalypse

I wondered that too. They all speak like English is their second language but without an accent.

R9, Tobin is still alive. Remember, Carol stole his jacket, and left him a break up note, then left Alexandria for good.

This episode was okay.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2017 8:36 PM

AMC is so fucking cheap. They have one of the top shows on television that brings in millions in merch and appearances, and they can't film in a city for a few weeks. I guess they are still making up for how much Mad Men cost.

To add to R24: Why is Maggie not showing yet?

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2017 9:22 PM

Perhaps Negan isn't going to be around for years as we were led to believe per the usual hype from the writer and Kirkman last year. Morgan looked unhappy when the camera wasn't on him. Did he get the 'call' that he was going out in a blaze this season? The fans hate his interpretation of Negan. There isn't anything he can do differently to change that. Unless he writes his own lines. Can't believe they ended the episode with the tired trope of being surrounded by a herd with no apparent way out. No one plays an asshole better than Xander Berkley. I'm glad Gregory is going to be around for a bit longer. Sucks that he fucked over Father Gabe like that but he's going to get his big moment to shine before he goes out.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2017 10:07 PM

I find it frightening that so many people enjoy this steaming pile of nihilistic sadistic violence brought to you in glorious living color and close-up.

From what I read about the program it's one episode after another of stupid people (oops the 'heroes') doing the same stupid thing week after week.

What's to enjoy? Is it the graphic violence? Do you as a viewer enjoy it?Are all of you just "hate watching" each episode just so you can bitch about it?

I honestly do not understand the appeal of TWD or FTWD or next season's Dancing With the Walking Dead...

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2017 10:34 PM

Why are you even on this thread, oh great one?

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2017 10:36 PM

R44 MARY!

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2017 10:46 PM

After Carol got her fill of Tobin she should of gone back to women since she is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 47October 24, 2017 12:07 AM

r44 the thing is the first few seasons were outstanding. Very suspenseful. With Shane and the Governor, there was a good balance between the fear of the walkers and the fear of the psychopaths. Now, it's just Negan and his annoying minions that nobody cares about.

And some of the cast is excellent so people have invested in these characters. But the storylines are so slow and dull and there is no longer any development. And the characters are so disconnected from the rest of the world (have there been any scientific developments? Any type of developments in a vaccine?) because they just pack up and move to a new location.

They need to kill off Negan and have a walker come out of nowhere and bite one of the main characters to shake up the show and reintroduce the fear of the walking dead.

by Anonymousreply 48October 24, 2017 12:19 AM

Why is Rick an old man in just a few years? Judging by Judith in that scene, it's only a few years ahead, yet Rick looks like Father Time.

by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2017 12:37 AM

Carol doesn't look like a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 50October 24, 2017 12:56 AM

I thought Carol was going to get it on with the King.

by Anonymousreply 51October 24, 2017 12:57 AM

Is it the butch haircut that makes people think she's a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 52October 24, 2017 1:14 AM

The King looks like a lesbian too.

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2017 1:25 AM

Rick's dream wasn't really a dream. He's envisioning his future after Negan. Carl was in the dream, and so was Judith and Michonne. Andrew Lincoln was complaining during Talking Dead that they made him look old, while Michonne still looked young. She replied, "I told you, black don't crack!" haha

I agree that the speeches are getting to be so tiresome. It's like "Braveheart" every single fucking episode. That's what I love about Fear The Walking Dead. No big speeches, no cheesy characters, so affected performances. It's just a regular show.

Also, everybody else in the world saw what I saw. If Rick really wanted Negan dead, then he would have been gunned down in an instant, the minute he walked out the door. It would have been that easy. DONE. Instead, more speeches, more nonsensical bullshit. Negan and his Lt.'s could have been wiped out. But of course, then you wouldn't have a show.

Also the Gabriel/Gregory thing also didn't make sense. Gabriel could have started the car, drove to pick up Gregory, and said "get in!" Instead, he had to get OUT of the car to walk to Gregory. Why? So lame.

And yet another thing that didn't make sense was mentioned earlier. Why couldn't Carl go to the shootout, but Enid could?

But the ABSOLUTE worst, is that if I have to look at Rosita's nasty, scowling face for one more episode, I'm going to smash my screen in. WHY IS SHE STILL ON THE SHOW?? I hate her so much.

It was interesting who showed up for the 100th anniversary party, and who didn't. Herschel, Beth, Sasha, and Merle all showed up for the party.

Noticeably absent were Lori, Shane, and most of all GLENN - Steven Yeun. Steven Yeun said, "sorry I couldn't be there, but I'm out of the country." Hmmm... sounds like a case of "fuck you Walking Dead for firing me. You can keep your shitty party."

by Anonymousreply 54October 24, 2017 1:29 AM

The actress that plays Carol said she just happened to have that gray hair color at the time she was hired. She said if she’d known she was doing the part so long she would have dyed it. She tends to wear her hair fairly short in general but not always as short as she had it in season one.

R43, JDM was on another show this summer, I think it was Talking Dead for Fear the Walking Dead. I noticed that too. He looked not happy, then Chris Hardwicke said some nice things and he brightened up. I think some of the audience was less than enthusiastic. I got the impression from their conversation that a lot of people didn’t like his portrayal of Negan.

Norman Reedus and some others that have worked with him previously say they like him, but I watched him last night. He seems very full of himself. Also, he didn’t really seem integrated with the cast, I thought.

All the people I’ve heard say they like working with him are known as easygoing themselves. So maybe they just ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 55October 24, 2017 1:36 AM

[quote]But the storylines are so slow and dull and there is no longer any development. And the characters are so disconnected from the rest of the world (have there been any scientific developments? Any type of developments in a vaccine?) because they just pack up and move to a new location.

That's what's bothered me for the past couple of seasons. We went from "we need to find a cure" to, "we just have to survive" without vacillating back to the idea of solving this problem for good. They weren't at the CDC that long ago. I get that they don't have the time or equipment to do that but things have been moving so slowly for a long time now. It's going to be noticeable when Maggie remains pregnant forever and a day.

[quote]They need to kill off Negan and have a walker come out of nowhere and bite one of the main characters to shake up the show and reintroduce the fear of the walking dead.

They're good at handling the dead now. We just lost Sasha, Glenn and Abe with the lesson being, "yeah we can survive walkers but people are also dangerous too." It would be strange if one came up out of nowhere and bit (for example) Daryl without a fight because they're just not that stupid/careless anymore.

by Anonymousreply 56October 24, 2017 1:37 AM

The problem with season 7 and I suspect 8 is that they are trying to find ways to keep Negan alive instead of telling the story naturally (ie. killing him off).

by Anonymousreply 57October 24, 2017 1:39 AM

[quote] JDM was on another show this summer, I think it was Talking Dead for Fear the Walking Dead. I noticed that too. He looked not happy, then Chris Hardwicke said some nice things and he brightened up. I think some of the audience was less than enthusiastic. I got the impression from their conversation that a lot of people didn’t like his portrayal of Negan.

I saw that too. He pretty much said that the feedback on his character has not been good.

The way that he put it was that people hate his character, but I get the sense that he reads "fan mail," and people actually hate his PORTRAYAL of the character. That's a very different thing.

People hate the "Gregory" character, but they adore Xander Berkley's portrayal of Gregory. He doesn't ham it up, or anything like that. He just plays a really, good asshole.

That's not the same thing with JDM. His character is likewise hated, but it seems like the fans also hate the actor, as well. "For reasons that are well known to him."

by Anonymousreply 58October 24, 2017 1:45 AM

I would hate to think its overlap from when he was Papa Winchester. He was an asshole father to the guys and he wasn't liked very much.

I've also read some stuff saying that there was a reason he was killed off on that show.

Maybe the guys just an asshole that's full of himself.

WRT The Walking Dead, he can only repeat lines that are written for him. People are supposed to hate him. Maybe he does chew the scenery a bit much, but it just adds to the loathing we're supposed to feel for him.

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2017 1:57 AM

[quote] he can only repeat lines that are written for him

It's not so much the lines. Pretty much everyone on the show has shitty lines. It's his CONSTANT braying, and the inflections in his voice. It's just fucking annoying and hard to listen to. You'd think that after last season and the bad feedback, that he'd tone it down a bit. But, nope. It's still there.

[quote] Maybe he does chew the scenery a bit much

Not just a bit. He chews the scenery... MUCH.

On Talking Dead last night, he even named his signature move on the show, as "the dip." Where he talks and then "dips" at the end of his lines.

When you can come up with a name for your acting mannerisms, then you know it's too much.

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2017 2:04 AM

The problem is that the hype for Negan was through the roof. People couldn't wait for Negan to arrive and JDM had to deal with that hype and the expectations surrounding it. The hardcore fans had certain expectations and then the casual fans haven't taken to him as they hoped. It also didn't help that the season premiere of season 7 was so brutal and violent that fans associate Negan with the death of two beloved characters who died in grim, brutal deaths. Some viewers just can't get past that to watch a character like Negan.

I don't think JDM is a bad actor but he hasn't brought anything to the role that makes him scary or charismatic. The character is too cartoonish to be scary, and too one-dimensional to be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2017 2:05 AM

As someone said above, too bad that interesting characters like Shane and Meryl got killed off relatively quickly while characters like that blond cunt Andrea hung around for a couple more seasons. Bitch never could admit she was wrong about anything and was so sanctimonious besides. The scene where she had to grab some pliers or something with a bare foot to make an escape was too much---wtf w/pedicured feet? She so deserved to be eaten piece by piece by Milton rather than get a clean shot in the head.

Anyway, I agree with some posters above---the writers should kill off some main characters, like that fat cunt Tara who should have choked on that Twizzler last night. And let's hope Negan goes out sooner rather than later. Shittin' pants? Seriously? Initially I laughed at his silly snark but it got really tired quickly.

Does anyone know what the Carl/Muslim guy thing was about? It was so unlike Carl to leave his post to leave a note/food for this guy. I thought Carl was the one lecturing Rick on how ruthless you have to be, better to shoot first, etc.

by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2017 2:21 AM

r62 yeah, they've never been able to properly develop Carl. Remember when he was a budding psychopath and Hershel was concerned? Then that got scrapped.

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2017 2:26 AM

[quote] they've never been able to properly develop Carl

In the comic books he's a psycho, but on the show it seems he's the opposite.

My guess is that Chandler's just too nice to play a bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2017 2:29 AM

Rick could've killed Negan when he was made to hold Lucille.

Carl could've killed Negan when he was made to hold Lucille.

Sasha could've killed Negan when she was given glorified Ginzu knife.

Hell, even the frickin tiger had a clear shot at Negan.

Yet he has never sported so much as a bruised eyelash in over 17 episodes, even after that fat chick (the Guardian of the Pantry Goods and Preparer of the Powdered Lemonade) clocked him good.

by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2017 2:30 AM

I miss small talk, things like Hershel knowing herbal remedies, Beth’s singing and Daryl’s legend of the Cherokee Rose.

Poster up thread was right, at least the Governor had a history and it gave his character depth. Creepy fish tank but still more interesting than blah blah bravado and Lucille.

by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2017 2:41 AM

Does negan have a backstory in the comic book?

by Anonymousreply 67October 24, 2017 2:46 AM

Negan is too dull for me to become invested in his character. Which basically kills the whole show for me right now since absolutely nothing else is going on but Negan.

by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2017 2:55 AM

[quote]Does negan have a backstory in the comic book?

He was a high school teacher and coach. That’s about it.

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2017 3:00 AM

I think Melissa McBride is very pretty. And she's a lot more fun than the character she plays. She's one of the untouchables like Norman, and perhaps Lincoln, so they always look happy to show up for these lame specials. Danai is making her mark in movies so she looks happy too. I like the ones who realize it's just another acting job and not My Dinner With Andre. Like Lenny. Or the ones who are over the top goofy and don't take any of this too seriously like McDermott and Rook. Rosita is a character who should just fade into the background like Toobin and then just disappear altogether. I saw a group photo of the cast taken at the special and Morgan was intently focused on Lincoln and looked disconnected from the rest of the cast. I wonder what kind of a reception he got at ComicCon? The fans HATE Negan but for all the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2017 3:41 AM

Morgan was also dragged by Black Twitter recently so he's not having the best year.

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2017 3:44 AM

[quote] The fans HATE Negan but for all the wrong reasons

Meaning?

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2017 4:13 AM

I want to see Norman Reedus banging Tom Payne's tiny, tight hole!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2017 4:25 AM

I couldn't get past the fact that Judith aged but Michonne and Rosita were still banged up? (Put a hat on the kid to keep with the timeline). Gabriel not driving the car up to Gregory. Gabriel not shooting Negan as soon as Negan started talking about Shittin pants (lame) The whole group not shooting Negan and the other four when they first came out.

I would much rather see the character of Gregory get even more evil as i love the actor who plays him. Xander is so good playing assholes. Just let Negan get killed and retool the show. Kill most of the cast and use their salaries to shoot elsewhere. Sick of the woods.

by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2017 4:31 AM

I never would have realized that was Judith, unless I read this thread.

I had no idea it was supposed to be her, because she aged like 3 years.

Are we sure it's her?

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2017 4:35 AM

How many other little girls are there on the show R75?

by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2017 4:36 AM

I thought that she was just some random little girl from Alexandria who was sitting on the steps with her mother in the background.

The scene was not specific at all.

There was a little blonde girl on the steps, with a younger woman in the background, and Rick kisses the little girl on the head.

How is anyone supposed to guess that's Judith, especially given that people were still carrying her around as a baby last season?

by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2017 4:39 AM

wtf did Rick take the picture of Negan with the polaroid camera? Is that in the comics?

i'd like to see more survival situations, instead of the constant war

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2017 4:39 AM

He took a picture of Negan because they took a picture of Glenn when they killed him.

by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2017 5:23 AM

For non-comic book readers all we heard for three years was how awesome a villain Negan was, THE big bad, and how the comic book readers couldn't wait for him to show up, r72. Clearly, all of us have been greatly disappointed. We hate Negan not because he is the most evil, sadistic, and cunning of villains. The Governor hit all those boxes. The Wolves were far more vicious. So were the Claimers. Hell, they were planning on raping Michonne AND Carl and were going to make Rick watch. The Bat Shit Crazy Bad Seed fed the walkers, murdered her own sister, and was going to kill baby Judith. And thought the walkers were misunderstood and lonely and just needed a friend. We hate the show's representation of Negan because he cannot live up to the hype and nothing about him makes sense. And the ludicrous ways they go about keeping him alive is just insulting to anyone with a functioning brain. And Morgan sucks. And he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 80October 24, 2017 5:24 AM

Oh, and the Sanctuary group devolving into cannabalism and chowing down on a man's leg while he WATCHES was the most shocking storyline.

by Anonymousreply 81October 24, 2017 5:32 AM

I never realized it until I read what you wrote, but you're exactly right R80.

The disgusting bat bashing scene aside, Negan is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 82October 24, 2017 5:38 AM

Losing Abraham and Glenn was NOT worth it in order to get Negan/Morgan. Such a waste.

by Anonymousreply 83October 24, 2017 6:01 AM

Maybe Rick has been in a coma the entire series (since being shot in the pilot episode)...and the whole zombie apocalypse has been simply a bad dream. He is now waking up older and bearded...

I miss Glenn and have not liked the show much since Negan appeared and Glenn and Abraham checked out.

Norman Reedus is wonderful and Andrew Lincoln has been great as well.

by Anonymousreply 84October 24, 2017 6:36 AM

In Rick's flash forward Michonne refers to 2 people and you hear Carl's voice

by Anonymousreply 85October 24, 2017 11:29 AM

Why does Black Twitter hate Morgan? I think he's handsome and a lone voice of calm on the show. Why all the hate?

by Anonymousreply 86October 24, 2017 11:37 AM

Jeffrey Dean Morgan?

by Anonymousreply 87October 24, 2017 11:46 AM

I've been saying since last season that they no longer know where to take the show so they've ground it to almost a dead halt, and fill up time each episode with pretentious speeches and confusing timeline games to make the show seem more "profound". It is no longer fun or scary.

by Anonymousreply 88October 24, 2017 1:31 PM

[quote] Norman Reedus is wonderful and Andrew Lincoln has been great as well.

Fangurl alert!

by Anonymousreply 89October 24, 2017 2:55 PM

I’m hoping for another scene where Norman Reedus has to cry. Those are always hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 90October 24, 2017 3:40 PM

[quote]Maybe Rick has been in a coma the entire series (since being shot in the pilot episode)...and the whole zombie apocalypse has been simply a bad dream.

Haha, this would be the ultimate fuck you to the fans. With the way the show's going, I wouldn't put it past them.

R86, people hate Negan/Jeffrey Dean Morgan because he wore a blue lives matter t-shirt on instagram and when someone tried to call him out on it, he called them an asshole and said he couldn't believe he had to explain that all lives matter. Then he deleted the post and posted that he was sorry for offending people and claimed to always support black lives matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2017 5:25 PM

Because, R86, apparently he wore a “blue lives matter” shirt to some convention and people were rightfully pissed off. He had to go back and say “all lives matter” to placate the crowds (or the Twitter universe)

His wife or whatever she is, also did some ‘splaining on her Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2017 5:28 PM

Oooh, ok I had the wrong Morgan. Mm yeah, not cool Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2017 5:43 PM

This thread is fondly recalling all these seasons and arcs that ninety percent of online fans hated at the time. JDM's acting choices for Negan are bizarre, it's only worked sporadically. His number 2 or 3 guy (not Dwight) is the perfect big bad. JDM walks into a scene like he's auditioning for a Sha Na Na reboot.

by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2017 6:52 PM

I think the end goal is Aaron and Jesus getting together. Aaron's current boyfriend is really reluctant to stand up and fight like the others. He is weak. I look for him to suddenly get a backstory just long enough for him to be killed off. Jesus will be there to pick up the pieces of Aaron's broken heart.

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2017 7:20 PM

In response to 34, Carl was in the dream sequence briefly. He replied to Rick about the song playing and said he didn't put it on.

I assumed the reason for that was because they had no way of making Chandler look old enough for the time jump.

After seeing the scalp line of the sculp cap on Old Man Rick, maybe the makeup team wasn't equipped to make Carl look like a grown man.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2017 7:31 PM

R84, the "Rick wakes up and it was all a dream" theory has been repeatedly rejected by just about everyone running/writing the show. It's not going to happen. He I think someone will die related to the dream scenario, maybe Judith or Michonne. More likely than not it will be Judith. I really don't see them killing off Carl yet. And Michonne and Rick have a huge following too.

OR, they are making us think someone dies, because Rick thinks they are dead. And then it turns out they are OK after all. Like dumpster Glenn or when they thought Michonne fell at the end of last season. This show loves to do that.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2017 8:13 PM

Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Really? He calls himself that? Sounds like one pretentious ass.... w an equally pretentious smile he gives sucks. He has the body of a seventy year old. He does have a good face. But he could be less pretentious.I don't get that choice for Negan. The twitterati seems to love him tho

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2017 8:38 PM

What is most disappointing is that they have completely backed off Carol's lesbian storyline.

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2017 8:46 PM

The only storyline that I didn't get into was Beth at the hospital. It bored me and was even more claustrophobic than the prison. I liked all of the story arcs that I referenced, r94. Some more than others but all of them better than the past season. The one time the Saviors truly lived up to the hype was the way they stalked and contained the group in the R.V who were trying to get Maggie to Hilltop and the doctor. It created a growing sense of doubt and dread in the group and the obstacles that the Saviors put in their way were creative and really creepy and revealed just how cocky and somewhat naive Rick and the group were in thinking they could outsmart them. And how they woefully underestimated their numbers. Oh, and I'm most surprised that I wasn't called out for spelling arcs ARCHS. You're slippin' D.L. But I love ya.

by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2017 9:39 PM

Walking Dead ? Is this program about ghouls and possessed colored people? I better ask my gardener Lawrence , he is from Hatii he would know , he makes me these delightful dolls in the likeness of myself and the other ladies of Women's Auxiliary !! He made one for Alma Buckford and left it at her frontdoor , we took it to her in the hospital when she had that issue with uterus dropping out of her childbirth canal ( she is catholic with 8 children poor dear) , oddly the pin was in that region on the doll , it was like he foretold the ailment. We put the doll in her room and now none of the dietary aid people will come in ? Very queer !

by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2017 10:52 PM

JDM looks like shit and has been looking like shit the skinnier he is.

He needs some meat on them bones. The thin-ness ages him terribly.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2017 11:16 PM

Aaron bf is a bottom. They aren't equipped to handle the harsh realities of the post apocalypse. Jesus is probably versatile and would be a better match for Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 103October 25, 2017 1:02 AM

Everytime present day Rick closed his eyes and old man Rick appeared it seemed that he was thinking about what his future COULD be. Happy with Michonne and his two kids, healthy and happy. We then get Rick near a stained glass window and visibly upset. I think that this is his REAL future self burying someone super close to him....Michonne, Daryl, Carl or Judith. It won't be a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 104October 25, 2017 3:39 AM

R100, remember when they went back to that nursing home run by Vatos in the first season? Not long after, they went back and they’d all been killed.

I always thought that not long after Rick’s people left the hospital where Beth was, either they had some sort of riot and killed each other, outsiders came in and killed them all, or they all died violently somehow. The leadership there was terrible and Rick’s people only stayed alive because they got thrown in the deep end of pool and learned to swim early.

Hiding in a building wasn’t going to work forever, as the food ran out and violent desperate people in the city, who couldn’t live other than by stealing, became more desperate.

People always criticized Rick’s leadership, but it wasn’t his job to save the world, only his own crew. That was the best anybody could expect.

Would be interesting to go back there and find a lot of old dead bodies or walkers.

by Anonymousreply 105October 25, 2017 3:48 AM

So far, the Jesus character is a disappointment and a complete waste of hair conditioner.

by Anonymousreply 106October 25, 2017 3:55 AM

Jesus needs a boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 107October 25, 2017 3:55 AM

Jesus functions as Maggie's confidant and her hairdresser. I believe he was the one who gave her the "Glenn Cut" tribute haircut.

by Anonymousreply 108October 25, 2017 4:00 AM

R73 This picture gives me special feelings.

R108 LOL!

I like Jadis as a villain much more than Negan. Pollyanna McIntosh is much more sinister without being so over the top as JDM. I thought Negan's intro at the end of Season 6 was great, but then he just sucked ever since despite serving such Leather Daddy Bear realness.

by Anonymousreply 109October 25, 2017 6:10 AM

People still watch this shit? It’s been unbearable since season 2.

by Anonymousreply 110October 25, 2017 1:30 PM

People still comment about shows they're not watching? It's unbearable…!

by Anonymousreply 111October 25, 2017 3:10 PM

Carl looking for gas was a callback to the first scene in the pilot. The actress who played the walker was also the little girl that Rick shot.

by Anonymousreply 112October 25, 2017 3:18 PM

R80 is spot on. Maggie annoys the hell out of me, the speeches were stupid, but mostly it was boring. Even though Daryl spoke more in this episode than he did all of last season. I had forgotten what his voice sounded like. Someone please cut the damn hair. And don't do a FTWD crossover. Fear finally got really good the second half of the season and the finale was good. I am hoping for a good next season.

Did anyone notice how Rick is on the posters and artwork with Negan, unlike last year when it was just Negan or that dumb bat? They finally realized that was a big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 113October 25, 2017 4:54 PM

The Season 8 premiere of “The Walking Dead” pulled its lowest premiere rating since Season 2 in adults 18-49. It was also down about 40 percent from last season’s premiere (5.0 rating vs. 8.4). It's still the biggest show on cable, though ... by far.

by Anonymousreply 114October 25, 2017 5:03 PM

This may have been a HUGE case of hiding in plain sight, but when Michonne said to Carl, "this is your show... you'll see," could that possibly mean that Rick will die this season?

I wouldn't doubt if Andrew Lincoln wants to move on from this show, and they could be handing over the main character reins to Chandler Riggs. Especially since Carl is the main character in the comic books.

I don't know why, but that scene really struck me as some sort of foreshadowing.

by Anonymousreply 115October 25, 2017 5:52 PM

Two things:

So Rick had a clear shot at Negan the moment he opened the door to the Saviors' compound. He could have taken Negan out in an instant, but instead chose to give a long speech about how he's going to kill Negan. Huh?

Then he gives his long speech and starts counting 10, 9, 8, 7... and starts shooting. If you weren't going to count all the way back to zero, then why not just shoot them from the beginning? Rick could have taken them all out. Ugh.

Second thing, why in FUCK'S SAKE did Rick give Simon and all the other "Lieutenants" a chance to "surrender?" I mean, what are they going to do, walk over with their hands up and join Rick's gang? How ridiculous.

THESE PEOPLE WATCHED as Negan bashed in Glen's and Abraham's head with a bat! They're all bad guys!

I swear, these are the kinds of nonsensical things that really upset me about the show.

by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2017 5:59 PM

I've no doubt that anyone who'd still like to do some acting is ready to leave the show. The season premier was totally raw meat for the bloodthirsty gore and violence audience.

They wasted all that valuable ammo shooting out an abandoned building? They could have moved away from Negan and cleared out any location they wanted using that ammo.

by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2017 6:00 PM

Jeffrey Dean Morgan < Bonnie Franklin and Linda Lavin combined!!!

by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2017 7:16 PM

R115 I can totally see Lincoln wanting to leave UNLESS he is paid higher than everyone (which I assume he is) and it's a comfortable gig for him.

But I can't see Riggs being pushed to the forefront as a lead. He's not strong enough as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2017 7:37 PM

I was really pissed at that scene with Michonne where she had to be submissive to that long haired twit. I felt it was foreshadowing too, but didn't think about it because it pissed me off. That could be an explanation, but I hope they don't go there since a lot of fans want him killed off. That would finally make me turn it off. One odd thing is when they first showed the Rick of the future my first thought is was lying in a coffin with flowers near it. They did say they would kill off major characters. Maybe Carl could be in charge of the pre-teens.

by Anonymousreply 120October 25, 2017 7:41 PM

Ricks's vision was a future where his family is happy and safe. It will never happen, just like his dream of a family dinner with Abe and Glenn. My theory is that Michonne looks the same because she died. She and Rick will never grow old together.

by Anonymousreply 121October 25, 2017 8:00 PM

The show has gotten so pretentious. It's not scary in the least bit, but in fact is unintentionally funny. #Sad

by Anonymousreply 122October 25, 2017 8:08 PM

what's everyone's speculations on the guy hiding in the grass where Carl comes back and leaves food for him?

by Anonymousreply 123October 25, 2017 9:47 PM

Siddiq is a Muslim-American. Deplorables who are fans of the show will explode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 25, 2017 9:54 PM

No way could they pass the reigns of this show to Chandler Riggs. He is NOT a strong or deep actor like someone said unthread. It would be a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2017 10:07 PM

Rick's daydream is about a future that will never be. He wanted a "normal" family life with his kids and Michonne and without Walkers. He will never have that and he is morning that unattainable future.

What's odd is that Rick was limping in that daydream, but he's not limping (yet) in real time. What's that all about? Anyway, I thing Negan takes out one of Rick's loved ones before Rick can get to Negan. Whoever appears in a scene with Rick that includes a light-reflective object will be the victim.

by Anonymousreply 126October 26, 2017 7:46 AM

[quote]He is one handsome man.

I LOVE me some Seth Gilliam but I hate Gabriel.

[quote]The problem is that the hype for Negan was through the roof. People couldn't wait for Negan to arrive and JDM had to deal with that hype and the expectations surrounding it.

The problem is they should’ve taken into consideration the viewers who don’t read the comic book and really had no idea who Negan is. They should have set up a backstory introducing him and how he became the head of his group. Instead of just plopping Morgan into those last episodes. That way he’d more than just this one-dimensional sneering asshole.

They really fucked this up.

by Anonymousreply 127October 26, 2017 9:19 AM

^This^ As someone who didn't read the comic books, it made no sense that a guy with a baseball bat could maintain control of a super army.

by Anonymousreply 128October 26, 2017 2:27 PM

God that first episode sucked. If they wanted to draw viewers in they failed epically. I don't think I am going to hang around for the rest of it.

by Anonymousreply 129October 26, 2017 2:50 PM

Bye, Felicia.

by Anonymousreply 130October 26, 2017 3:16 PM

I agree with r127 and r128. We needed to know how he came to be the leader of such a large group of people who would do anything FOR him and nothing TO him. The Governor didn't need that introduction because his story was revealed slowly over the course of the season and although we knew more than Andrea did about him we were still shocked at how fucking insane he was. Negan doesn't come off as crazy. Just ruthless. But he could be dispatched so easily. His hold over those people doesn't make sense to anyone who doesn't read the comics. Morgan's cartoon villain interpretation doesn't do a thing to help either. The sad thing about Chandler is that he was a much better actor as a young boy than he is now. If they had allowed Carl to develop into the psycho he is in the comics, and taken under Negan's wing as his surrogate son, this might be a better show.

by Anonymousreply 131October 26, 2017 3:22 PM

Chandler is like the "baby" of the show. Everybody's baby.

I actually think that they're protecting him, by not making him a crazed killer.

The fact is, The Walking Dead has some CRAZY comic book fans. And even though everyone knows that the show is not reality, the fans still react as if it was, and the "fan" mail probably reflects all of that crazy.

I can just imagine all the hate mail and death threats Chandler would receive, if he all of a sudden became a bad guy.

He's probably better off as the hero of the show, because once it ends, he might still have a career. Which is more than I can say for Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 132October 26, 2017 5:25 PM

R126, the comics have shown Rick as an older man and I believe he has a cane. I don’t follow the comics so I don’t know the details, but I think he gets injured somehow.

TV is a different medium than comics. They’re making a big mistake blindly following improbable nonsense from the comics, because some comic fans want them to. Millions more people watch the show than have ever picked up a comic. If the plot hangs together, and their favorites keep living, that’s all they care about. The ratings reflect that.

by Anonymousreply 133October 26, 2017 5:31 PM

This could get me thrown in jail in some states, but I find grown up Carl to be hot.

by Anonymousreply 134October 26, 2017 5:48 PM

Chandler is 18 so you'll be okay.

by Anonymousreply 135October 26, 2017 5:50 PM

Chandler just needs to cut his damn hair.

by Anonymousreply 136October 26, 2017 5:51 PM

[quote] AMC is so fucking cheap. They have one of the top shows on television that brings in millions in merch and appearances, and they can't film in a city for a few weeks.

Why should they? Millions of people are OK watching the same story and the same setting for 8 years. They have a successful show with a minimum of money.

Stop watching it and maybe AMC will use some money and get creative. But I doubt it. "Zombies chasing and killing humans, and humans killing humans" has captured what little imagination the public has for nearly a decade.

by Anonymousreply 137October 26, 2017 6:21 PM

It might be better if Carl went psycho, he might be more tolerable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 138October 26, 2017 6:53 PM

Chandler looks like a marginally pretty girl. The hair is ridiculous. Many have commented on how clean and healthy his hair looks yet Daryl looks like a homeless person. They both live in Alexandria and have access to water and soap. Reedus wears his hair in his eyes to cover up the scar around his right eye. Why does Chandler think this is a good choice for his character? At least tie it back sometimes. FWIW, Michonne's locks need a make-over, too. What a ratchet looking wig.

by Anonymousreply 139October 26, 2017 7:00 PM

I think they'll kill Carl off this season. Chandler just turned 18, got accepted to college. He's been doing the show since he was 10. Maybe it'd be good if the actor stopped doing the show already.

by Anonymousreply 140October 27, 2017 1:28 AM

They need to resolve Negan and the Saviors - accelerating the comic storyline if they go with it - and move forward toward an ultimate resolution like finding a cure, merging with a bigger community, rebuilding society. Still plenty of threats to be had. But the writers have a hard-on for one specific storyline churned out over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 141October 27, 2017 1:42 AM

R140, I think that Andrew Lincoln is more anxious to leave and do something else.

Especially with the writing being in the toilet.

Chandler can act and go to school at the same time, so it wouldn't be that much of a problem for him.

by Anonymousreply 142October 27, 2017 1:42 AM

Isn't Michonne in the Black Panther movie? But any WD cast member would be stupid to leave the show and especially to try to make it in movies. That almost never works for any TV actor. Reedus has already starred in a couple of flops.

by Anonymousreply 143October 27, 2017 3:21 AM

[quote] any WD cast member would be stupid to leave the show and especially to try to make it in movies. That almost never works for any TV actor

Exactly. Just ask Jon Bernthal. He really jumped the gun.

by Anonymousreply 144October 27, 2017 3:29 AM

Papi!!!

by Anonymousreply 145October 27, 2017 3:38 AM

[quote]Isn't Michonne in the Black Panther movie?

She is and while she's not the lead it looks like she'll have a pretty good sized presence in the film.

[quote]But any WD cast member would be stupid to leave the show and especially to try to make it in movies.

Sonequa Martin-Green and Jon Bernthal, although not doing movies, seem to be doing just fine with their own shows they're the leads on and Sonequa will be raking it in for years to come with Star Trek appearances while Jon will at least have his Netflix paycheck for a few years since nothing will be worse than Iron Fist.

But I think that would be rare for most of these guys.

by Anonymousreply 146October 27, 2017 7:14 AM

[quote]Which is more than I can say for Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Nah. Morgan will be fine because fraus aka the Shonda Rhimes army love him. I think Lincoln and maybe Reedus may have the most trouble post-show. Either way, this cast may be old enough--or at the points in their careers--to live off of conventions earnings?

by Anonymousreply 147October 27, 2017 8:41 AM

Enough with the we're going to war speeches, just do it already.

by Anonymousreply 148October 27, 2017 5:24 PM

I don't know how Andrew Lincoln can keep a straight face anymore.

by Anonymousreply 149October 27, 2017 5:53 PM

I like Bernthal and hope The Punisher is a big success. I even liked the noir cop show he did with Darabont that only aired for a few episodes on TNT. Shane is still one of my favorite characters. Morgan is going to have a problem post WD. The Denny Army is aging and Grey's Anatomy is very different with all the cast changes. For the better I think. Morgan had started to gain something of a reputation for being a show killer. He talks about it. He certainly didn't do much to make the final season of The Good Wife memorable although that was the fault of the writers, or perhaps some interference from Julianne Margolis, because he was supposed to be a bad guy who fucked Alicia in more ways than one. And now WD fans HATE him. Negan just highlights how limited a range he has as an actor. And I like him!

by Anonymousreply 150October 29, 2017 2:54 PM

'member? The Rick and Shane mind-meld, Season 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 30, 2017 1:04 AM

It's the end of the world, and resources are scarce!

I remember this line from the Honest Trailer made of The Walking Dead that appears very relevant tonight.

[quote] Featuring....Unlimited Ammo....

by Anonymousreply 152October 30, 2017 1:20 AM

Yeah, it's like Eugene built a machine that recycles spent rounds to replenish the supply.

by Anonymousreply 153October 30, 2017 1:55 AM

I was distracted, but did that creep who got the drop on Jesus compliment his looks? I thought he said something like "this beautiful man" -- did I hear that? He has good taste.

by Anonymousreply 154October 30, 2017 2:16 AM

Damn, I hope Eric gets medical help ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 155October 30, 2017 2:34 AM

R151, that scene was from Season 2 after Carl got shot.

Shane was "comforting" Rick, and that was probably the most homoerotic scene from the show, to date. Those two had chemistry, for sure.

I also love the line from later in Season 2 when Dale accuses Shane of trying to assassinate Rick, and Shane replies, "You think I'd kill Rick, you think I'd kill my best friend? That is the man I love!"

Such a strange line from the writers.

by Anonymousreply 156October 30, 2017 2:40 AM

I didn't even remember Morales. They should have given us a little glimpse of back story instead of the artsy closeups.

by Anonymousreply 157October 30, 2017 2:42 AM

Morales and his family were part of the group in Atlanta who was there before Rick came out of his coma. His weapon of choice was a baseball bat. After their camp was overrun, he and his wife and two kids decided not to follow Rick to the CDC and instead head to Birmingham in search of other family members. Rick and Shane didn't think it was a good decision, but they gave Morales a gun and a box of ammo and instructions to call for help if he needed it. It was a sad goodbye, and Morales' daughter gave Sophia Peletier (Madison Lintz) her doll to remember her by.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 30, 2017 2:51 AM

"Do you know how hard it is to piss yourself on purpose?! It's like your dick knows you're wearing pants." HA! So true.

And yeah, that guy wanted to be buried deep inside "beautiful man" Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 159October 30, 2017 2:56 AM

^ He was even taking deep whiffs of his long silky locks like it was a "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific" commercial.

by Anonymousreply 160October 30, 2017 2:57 AM

[quote] And yeah, that guy wanted to be buried deep inside "beautiful man" Jesus.

Back off bitches, he's MINE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 30, 2017 3:19 AM

Years into the zombie apocalypse, and everybody still has gleaming white teeth!

by Anonymousreply 162October 30, 2017 4:03 AM

Easily explained: Everyone in the community goes on a weekly scavenger hunt for food and supplies. Jesus does an additional weekly run for hair conditioner and Crest white strips.

by Anonymousreply 163October 30, 2017 4:06 AM

So now that Aaron's boyfriend is basically dead, he's definitely going to fuck Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 164October 30, 2017 5:01 AM

Yeah, still don't know what the fuck is going on.

😕😕

by Anonymousreply 165October 30, 2017 5:20 AM

Was that a real baby in the crib??

by Anonymousreply 166October 30, 2017 5:21 AM

r166 I would like to know too

by Anonymousreply 167October 30, 2017 5:33 AM

I was hoping it would be a zombie baby.

by Anonymousreply 168October 30, 2017 5:47 AM

Tonight's ep was boring as fuck. One hour of running and shooting. Two pretty boring rehash shows in a row. This show might be hitting the wall this season unless something changes. I'm not holding out too much hope.

by Anonymousreply 169October 30, 2017 6:00 AM

I haven't been watching, but I do wonder if Rick plans to get his guns back from treacherous horde at the garbage dump. He should also kill that fucking bitch who shot him.

Has he said anything about this?

by Anonymousreply 170October 30, 2017 8:19 AM

R169, I feel the same way as you.

I really tried to give Walking Dead a chance, ever since Season 7, but it just hasn't gotten better.

I have been a loyal viewer since Season 1. It was "must see" tv for me, every Sunday. I would be SO excited for the season premiere, and mid-season premieres. It was my absolute favorite show.

Now, I just don't care about it anymore.

The storylines are so contrived and ridiculous. If I have to listen to another Braveheart type of speech by Rick, Negan, Maggie, or Ezekiel, I think I'll off myself. The show just seems silly at this point.

Not only that, but it's almost going in circles at this point. First Rick's people are good guys. Then they're cold blooded killers. Then good guys. Then killers. The Wolves come, and Carol fights back. Then Morgan intervenes because "we don't have to kill." Then he convinces Carol to stop killing. Then Morgan becomes a killer again. Then they attack the Saviors because of the brutal killings of their friends. And then the Tom Payne character says, "That's not who we are. We don't have to kill them."

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Make up your fucking minds. Either you're going to wipe out the Saviors, or you're going to let them free so that they come back to kill you at Alexandria. ARE THEY REALLY THAT DUMB????

But truly, the most sickening part of the whole show is Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Ann Hurd, and Greg Nicotero.

These three are the most smug, self-congratulatory, self-sucking bunch of turds in Hollywood. And that's really saying something, in a town of Harvey Weinstein. They are so busy sucking each others' cocks and patting each other on the back for their amazing, stupendous show, that they can't even see how badly it sucks.

Do they even realize how far the ratings have sunk over the past few years??? These assholes should all be fired for taking a really great fantasy/horror show, and turning it into absolute garbage. It's just GARBAGE now.

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.

by Anonymousreply 171October 30, 2017 1:56 PM

Yeah, it's going in circles now. And last night was such a comic book thing. People dressed weird, people talking with strange dialects, a tiger. All very comic book situations that just don't translate well. Such a difference from the first few seasons. And really bad writing. Are we going to have to endure an hour of fighting for the entire season? They need to be on a search for the cure, who ever is running the country, any more CDC people, something in between the sameness. Ratchet up the zombie story. Didn't we find out from the CDC that everyone carries the virus? God, that storyline was such a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 172October 30, 2017 2:54 PM

Interesting theory seen on another site - that baby is actually Negan's child, kept in a different facility for safety. That will set him off even more if/when he finds out his kid was put in danger by Rick.

by Anonymousreply 173October 30, 2017 3:10 PM

Yeah, Negan always seemed liked he'd be a caring father.

by Anonymousreply 174October 30, 2017 3:50 PM

I've been watching TWD since it's premiere 7 years ago and I've watched all of the Fear the Walking Dead episodes. With that information I have a controversial comment -- Z Nation on Syfy is currently the best zombie show on tv.

by Anonymousreply 175October 30, 2017 7:21 PM

I've never watched Z Nation R175, but I don't doubt you.

Walking Dead has become bottom of the barrel.

It's not even close to what it used to be. At this point, it's all hype. Lots of fireworks and hoopla, but no substance.

by Anonymousreply 176October 30, 2017 7:26 PM

When Morgan went on his killing spree, right after Jesus stopped him from shooting long-haired Savior, Morgan said "we're supposed to (kill them)". This is exactly what that crazyy little girl said at Oceanside when Tara snuck in - she believed that they had to eliminate all threats to their way of life, Strange callback.

by Anonymousreply 177October 30, 2017 9:02 PM

And yet there's Paul Rovia R177, knowing full well what the Saviors are capable of, saying (like a goddamned pussy) "They surrendered. We have to spare them!"

This is what infuriates me about this show. It's like a cocktease that leaves you with blue balls. Right when they're about to wipe out the enemy, some pussy comes along and says, "no, we must spare them!"

What a bunch of dumb cunts.

Hopefully, he'll be the next one to have his head bashed in by Negan and Lucille.

by Anonymousreply 178October 30, 2017 10:27 PM

Let's see if Morales gets on Rick's side after he hears what Negan did to Glenn - Morales knew Glenn back in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 179October 31, 2017 9:41 PM

Ugh ............. I guess next week is an all Negan-Gabriel episode. Gross.

Who thought I could hate Jesus more than Tara. Sheesh.

Morgan has reverted to psycho killer again.

I don't remember Morales. Will have to follow up on this thread for more info.

Poor Eric. A third tier character who gets shot after screaming about a walk on character ('Terry !!' ....or whatever)

This show is now about war more than the walking dead.

by Anonymousreply 180November 1, 2017 1:43 AM

[quote] I don't remember Morales

He only appeared in Season One.

If I remember correctly, he was only in about 3 or 4 episodes, out of 6.

He and his wife and kid broke away from the group in episode 5, right before Rick and the gang went to the CDC in Atlanta. The story was that he had family in Alabama, so that's where he was headed with wife and son.

There was nothing significant about him. He was just a secondary character, with no back story.

by Anonymousreply 181November 1, 2017 1:56 AM

I saw the first episode of season 8 because it was free on the AMC website. Not sure if the second episode is available. I usually wait until it shows up on Netflix but based on the comments above it's turning out as I predicted. Just a copy and past of season 7. The first episode seemed like a filler episode.

Perhaps R24 is correct and there should be a swarm of zombie dogs, cats, wild horses to break up the monotony.

by Anonymousreply 182November 1, 2017 1:59 AM

r182 you can watch all the episodes on one of the streaming sites, FYI.

by Anonymousreply 183November 1, 2017 2:19 AM

R182 and that's why these days I prefer Z Nation. Yes it is low budget and campy and no eye candy but they haven't painted themselves into a corner plot wise. Pretty much anything goes there and so there's a lot of fun ideas they explore and it is often quite funny. And in today's world I'm not so interested in nihilistic, kill or be killed entertainment especially if there are no new ideas presented.

by Anonymousreply 184November 1, 2017 2:22 AM

Daryl shut Morales up in the best way - with a bolt through the torso. Sobs for Aaron and Eric. I'm getting a headache from Morgan... he needs to pick a belief and stick with it.

by Anonymousreply 185November 6, 2017 2:00 AM

Another crap episode. More viewers are leaving, and deservedly so. A filler episode.

by Anonymousreply 186November 6, 2017 2:06 AM

No Negan. No Michonne. No Carl. I have a sickening feeling that Rick dies this season.

by Anonymousreply 187November 6, 2017 4:29 AM

The Walking Dead's biggest problem is assuming we care

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188November 6, 2017 4:57 AM

Well, we're dying of boredom so better him than us. Is Maggie stupid enough to believe Gregory when he says the car 'was just there'? The Widow. Good name for her. I didn't feel anything when Eric died. And the actor who plays Aaron didn't convince me that he did either. Who is Gracie's daddy? Rick? Shane? Wash, rinse, repeat. So they are setting up a conflict within the groups of what to do with the captured Saviors. Ezekiel used to be fun. All the speechifying is making my head hurt.

by Anonymousreply 189November 6, 2017 5:01 AM

It's a mess. I have no idea what is going on. Carol is just there. No development for her character. Even with no Negan, it didn't make the episode any more bearable.

It's time to end this show. Or get them connected to the real world again and learn of new developments in medicine, science, etc.

by Anonymousreply 190November 6, 2017 5:03 AM

Morgan may be a schizo but he has more sense than Jesus and Maggie. These are the people who laughed when her husband was actually beaten to a pulp. At least Rick didn't give Daryl another useless speech about honor and keeping their word. It's like they have taken the most ridiculous parts of every season and rolled them into a big fat fake joint. No fun and no buzz.

by Anonymousreply 191November 6, 2017 5:15 AM

I guess Jordan Woods-Robinson, who plays Eric, is straight and married. But watching him on Talking Dead, he pings like hell.

by Anonymousreply 192November 6, 2017 5:17 AM

Watched last week's episode of the Talking Dead and it is obvious that something is really off about Gimple. To quote Lewis Black 'he's deluuuusional'.

by Anonymousreply 193November 6, 2017 5:23 AM

I used to love this show but now it's just a confusing bore. It takes itself so seriously with the ponderous montages and long winded speeches that belong in The Ten Commandments, not in a little zombie show.

And how long ago did we all know Eric (Iola from Mama's Family) would die along with every other bland, supporting actor with little to do?

It's all guns and bang bang and while it was cool to have basically nobody in the main cast safe from death in the early seasons, I'm left without anyone I give two shits about. Maybe Carol, but now she's just a nodding idiot. And I long for the day Darrell takes an arrow to the head. Wretched actor, not even sure that's Norman Reedus under that ridiculous mop. What's with all the long hair constantly in everyone's faces?

It would also be very satisfying to see Rick or the King get a bullet to the head or a zombie to the neck during one of their unbearable orations. Just kill em mid sentence.

I keep watching hoping to be engaged like I was but I just find it frustrating and pompous now. Morales? I'm expected to remember him from season one? I'm a nerd but I do have a life beyond an AMC tv show.

by Anonymousreply 194November 6, 2017 5:51 AM

I'm counting the days until they bring Aaron and Jesus together.

by Anonymousreply 195November 6, 2017 5:52 AM

So who among our intrepid group is Morales going to take out as a walker? You know it's coming.

by Anonymousreply 196November 6, 2017 6:01 AM

They let the Eric walker be, he may come back to bite somebody too

by Anonymousreply 197November 6, 2017 6:40 AM

There was a tine when the show would just let zombie Eric silently join the herd in a long shot, without Aaron crying out loud 'he's dead, he's dead!". Now there seems to be a need to overexplain to the audience. But I guess they're just going for the zombie bite and bullet crowd now, so no need to attempt any aspect of art anymore.

by Anonymousreply 198November 6, 2017 12:30 PM

I can't bring myself to watch TWD anymore, but can someone quickly fill me in on who's been killed so far in season 8?

by Anonymousreply 199November 6, 2017 1:45 PM

No names and Eric.

by Anonymousreply 200November 6, 2017 2:28 PM

Sunday's Talking Dead must have been such an embarrassment for the actor who played Eric. All the forced sadness for a character who had no real development other than he was Aaron's boyfriend and made a serious spaghetti sauce. Hardwicke must get paid a hell of a lot of money to pretend that this show is still entertaining. That is why Reedus was on this episode. No one would have tuned in for just Eric and Aaron. Which actually made it worse for those two because Reedus is the focus of so much fan adoration. Same with the Ride with Reedus episode with JDM. No one cared about Negan or the guy who plays him in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 201November 6, 2017 5:10 PM

First thing they need to do is cut the good characters by like 80% and move away from the countryside. Perhaps less characters/actors means more resources can go to diverse locations. And with fewer characters there will be more distress when they get into a pickle as someone might die and it’s easier to invest in <10 characters as opposed to 25.

by Anonymousreply 202November 6, 2017 5:41 PM

“More distress for in the audience”, just to clarify.

by Anonymousreply 203November 6, 2017 5:45 PM

Ugh, I changed the channel once it looked like it was all going to be speechifying for the millionth time about taking human lives. Who fucking gives a shit at this point. I did make it to the Eric death scene and it was a dud though, am I reading it right that they let him "live on" as a walker? That's harsh!

Anyway I'm out. This season (and all of last) has been complete shit. Someone let me know if there's a good episode this season.

by Anonymousreply 204November 6, 2017 5:45 PM

They are on autopilot. They don't give a shit anymore because people are still watching, so why even try?

by Anonymousreply 205November 6, 2017 5:57 PM

Rehash of who hates killing and who doesn't from previous seasons. Boring. And second the love for ZNATION. Has pop cultures references that are supposed to be funny, not like TWD that is becoming unintentionally funny. Don't want to watch Morgan and Carol going back and forth about killing people. If they wanted to use Jesus in that manner because of his name they should have at least picked a different character. I hope to God that this whole war doesn't just stop without resolution and Negan gives up because they have his daughter. And they all live in peace and harmony because of the kids.

by Anonymousreply 206November 6, 2017 6:05 PM

I stopped watching talking dead last season because of the endless ass kissing and disconnection from reality. Apparently I made the right choice.

by Anonymousreply 207November 7, 2017 12:15 AM

The tiger has had more scenes than Eric has and they're calling Eric the first MAJOR death of the season. Pffft.

I was hoping Morgan would just give one quick hard jab of that sharp pointy stick to Jesus's neck before he walked away. Jesus could've joined Eric as the second MAJOR death of the season. I didn't like that 'I'm a better person than the times I'm living in' character when Morgan was playing it.

I think eight seasons of stupid moves by stupid characters is just too much ........... Ezikial and crew 'surrendering' unarmed to trick those dumb 'ol GUNTOTING Saviors out, Maggie (and Jesus) setting up trailer concentration camps for the captured 'surrendered' Saviors (who you just know will probably commit suicide in the trailers and then get released as a zombie horde at the HIlltop), Maggie believing Gregory ......

And Aaron already has a happily ever after as a single dad to Gracie, Carol will again save the day by blowing up a building or conducting a mass murder again. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 208November 8, 2017 3:33 AM

All I know is that Eric used to have a mullett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 8, 2017 3:50 AM

Are we sure that the actor who plays Eric isn't really gay?

Jack, I swear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210November 8, 2017 3:54 AM

I was thinking the same thing but... I guess not. Either that or DEEEPLY closeted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 8, 2017 4:07 AM

The real issue is the producers are positioning the plot lines to match the the short attention stand of the one major demographic that watches this show , Millennials. There are no "deep dives" into the actual epidemic, what caused it , how it progressed etc. Shouldn't most of the walkers be close to starvation now , it seems there would be more walkers then humans at this point. The whole zombie culture thing has "jumped the shark" they are trying to re-position the show as an action , blow em up , shoot em up , drama now .

I think the actor that plays Negan is hot but the actual character is mediocre. I will continue to watch on Sunday night because it is become somewhat of tradition at my house, however the excitement is no longer there . It is interesting that the actors whose characters that got killed off earlier in the series have not appeared in anything new since their demise.

by Anonymousreply 212November 8, 2017 5:40 PM

They tried showing more decayed zombies a few seasons ago, but once AMC got the SFX bills, they quickly went back to younger zombies.

by Anonymousreply 213November 8, 2017 7:15 PM

"And then the Tom Payne character says, "That's not who we are. We don't have to kill them."

Seems like as intricately as they planned their war they would have already hashed out what to do with any prisoners. It makes no sense that they unexpectedly have prisoners and have to think on the spot what to do with them.

by Anonymousreply 214November 8, 2017 10:15 PM

Who's going to bottom for Aaron and Daryl now that Eric is gone?

by Anonymousreply 215November 9, 2017 12:17 AM

Jesus, r215!

by Anonymousreply 216November 9, 2017 12:19 AM

I hope Daryl brings Aaron a squirrel casserole to condole him.

by Anonymousreply 217November 9, 2017 12:25 AM

Does that hot lead guy who's wife died like a 100 years ago still wear his wedding ring?

by Anonymousreply 218November 9, 2017 12:35 AM

I think he took it off when he started fucking Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 219November 9, 2017 12:41 AM

I'm not as a interested as I used to be either. And, I don't understand where all these compounds are all of a sudden. How many different places did Megan control?

by Anonymousreply 220November 9, 2017 12:50 AM

Was that Negan's baby that Rick found?

by Anonymousreply 221November 9, 2017 12:52 AM

Haha R220, he's much more like a Megan than a Negan.

You're right about that!

by Anonymousreply 222November 9, 2017 12:53 AM

He was Megan before the turn.

by Anonymousreply 223November 9, 2017 12:55 AM

[quote] the short attention stand

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 224November 9, 2017 2:59 PM

We are Megan.

I'd kind of love if the final episode of the season had a flash forward showing that a cure (for humans) to the zombie disease was found ............... after showing scenes of all of the remaining surviving characters each as zombies being shot in the head.

Would be kind of 'Six Feet Under' -ish

by Anonymousreply 225November 9, 2017 7:18 PM

series, not season

by Anonymousreply 226November 9, 2017 7:18 PM

A better ending would have all the characters as zombies (the world is dead) and the entire show be an undead reverie. Although it would kind of screw Fear.

by Anonymousreply 227November 9, 2017 7:36 PM

Interesting that advertising for Walking Dead on AMC is now including "critics reviews" for the show, which are saying things like, "the show is back to its glory days."

Clearly, AMC and the producers of the show know that the fans have been complaining a shit ton, or they wouldn't put out fake reviews like that.

Oh and by the way AMC, the show has NOT returned to its "glory days." Not even close. This season is just as bad as season 7.

by Anonymousreply 228November 12, 2017 9:58 PM

It wasn't in the plan to take prisoners. They intended on killing Negan and the Lieutenants and reasoning with the rest of them to live peacefully. And believing that they would. Cockeyed optimists those Ricksters. The thing is the Saviors survive by TAKING not scavenging or making. Save for the garden, chickens, and dairy cows that provide fresh food. They are hunters but their prey is mostly other humans who won't comply or seem like trouble makers. Nothing else has been said about Eugene's brilliant plan to manufacture bullets. Can't be that Negan forgot about that little old thing. It is what made Eugene valuable to him which is why he didn't kill him. There are just so many plotlines that just fade away without resolution. Gimple is a hack.

by Anonymousreply 229November 13, 2017 12:06 AM

[quote] Gimple is a hack

Absolutely, 100%.

And it pisses me off that they put him in charge of Fear the Walking Dead, which was doing fine without him.

by Anonymousreply 230November 13, 2017 12:27 AM

Every week, a new "St. Crispin's Day speech."

by Anonymousreply 231November 13, 2017 1:06 AM

++ SPOILER +++

Goodbye Shiva and it broke King Ezekiel

by Anonymousreply 232November 13, 2017 2:12 AM

Tony the Tiger, you in danger gurl ....

by Anonymousreply 233November 13, 2017 2:26 AM

r228 totally agree. I think I saw an interview with one of the cast members saying that this season is also a return to glory and I knew this was just spin. This season may be even worse than last season - and that's saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 234November 13, 2017 2:54 AM

Alas poor Daniel, it was a short run

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 13, 2017 4:10 AM

I'm pissed that they killed off Daniel.

For me, he was the hottest guy on the show. Fuckers!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236November 13, 2017 12:05 PM

Daniel is so sexy. Who's the actor who plays him? He needs to be on another show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237November 13, 2017 12:07 PM

Next week is Neegan so I can skip that episode.

by Anonymousreply 238November 13, 2017 12:23 PM

Wow, the actor who plays Daniel is openly gay!

Now I'm even more pissed that they killed him off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 13, 2017 12:24 PM

Yep, r238. I think one reason this episode was so good was there was no Negan. Even that little bit of him in the preview made me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 240November 13, 2017 12:32 PM

Now the show is just car chases and gun fights with the writers trying to conjure some sympathy from the audience for the day actors doing heroic acts before getting killed. They don't have anyone left in the main cast that they can kill and still have a show. This is a yawn fest for me as gun battles aren't the kinds of things that interest me.

by Anonymousreply 241November 13, 2017 2:05 PM

R239 Daniel Newman's openly bisexual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 13, 2017 2:16 PM

Hopefully we'll see more of Daniel Newman in other shows. He's quite delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243November 13, 2017 2:18 PM

Ratings are almost down 50%

by Anonymousreply 244November 13, 2017 2:22 PM

I watched the first six seasons pretty eagerly, forced myself to watch season 7, and just haven’t been able to get myself to watch season 8. The show has two nearly insurmountable problems:

1) it abandoned its roots. This wasn’t going to be your typical comic, stroking the synapses of teen and 20 something boys. It was supposed to take one supernatural conceit — a zombie apocalypse — and have real people respond in as realistic a fashion as possible. For years it worked but kirkman, now feeling invincible, began feeding comic sensibility into the story and now it is virtually indistinguishable from a typical comic book with super villains and hot-chick killing machines and weird tribes and tigers as pets.

2) The show is not a story, it’s an algorithm. That’s what you get when a makeup/FX artist is the last creative guy standing as showrunner. Instead of a story with unexpected twists and sudden losses, the show broadcasts what’s going to happen pursuant to a formula. Example: Take little-used secondary character. Bring character up to the foreground. Flesh out characters backstory and have character speak of hope for the future etc. Kill character in maudlin fashion. Insert tears here. It’s conveyor belt “drama.”

Shame, as the show started so strong under Darabont’s leadership. Rating are still through the roof, but there’s a steady deterioration in that, very dramatic this season especially.

by Anonymousreply 245November 13, 2017 2:54 PM

A third problem that occurred to me after i clicked post is, the show is not true to its characters. It has then doing foolish or implausible things, things the characters would not do, just to move the plot along. When that happens you know it’s time to bail.

by Anonymousreply 246November 13, 2017 2:58 PM

The show is trying to please the comic book fans by following the comic story lines almost to a tee, at least as far as the Negan series goes. Negan is a major plot point, so his story is getting drawn out. The tiger dies in the comics, so we get to see the tiger die in the tv series. The King soliloquizes in the comics, so we get to hear endless soliloquies from him in the tv version. Carol is a badass in the print version, so we get to see her get out of every implausible situation on the show. The problem is that these stories do not translate well from the comic book world to the television medium.

And has anyone noticed that the effects and editing have started to deteriorate? It was painfully evident in the last episode during Carol's 3-against-1 shootout scene (she was struggling to tote that big gun around, and even though she runs like an elderly lady, she was able to dodge every bullet from the other guys' automatic weapons), as well as during the scene in which Rick and Daryl chased the guys in the jeep (they all seemed to be driving 20 mph, and again, Daryl and Rick easily dodged a rain of bullets from a machine gun less than 50 yards from them). Oh yeah, and the limping King, his fat Asian sidekick, and Carol could easily stroll ahead of the walkers, but the tiger gets taken down by them in less than 10 seconds. Ugh. It hurts to suspend my disbelief to this ridiculous extent.

I'll keep watching though. I mean, it has to start getting better at some point. Plus Andy Lincoln is still so damn hot. Once he's out, I'm out. Unless they make Daryl gay.

by Anonymousreply 247November 13, 2017 3:17 PM

Good observations, r245 and r247. I noticed the difficulty Carol had with the big gun, and couldn't believe that she could climb up into the ceiling lugging that thing. And do jeeps have machine gun proof windshields? I wish they would depart more from the comic, which I haven't read but know that is why we are suffering with this Negan shit. I watched a few reaction videos of last night's show, and it seemed people new Shiva's death was coming, but they hated it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 248November 13, 2017 3:48 PM

And why are the Saviors all mustache twirling asshole cartoon villains? Every last one of them.

by Anonymousreply 249November 13, 2017 3:54 PM

R249 — they are villains straight out of central casting, as are so many comic book bad guys. That’s a big part of the problem. The show has become a cartoon.

To be honest r247 I don’t think Kirkman has kept all the teenboy fantasy stuff from the comic in the story to please the comic readers. I think he’s done it because he thinks everything he’s done is amazing and so there’s no reason to keep this amazing stuff from the tv show as well. He’s that most annoying of all things — a geek who’s had a big mainstream success.

One minor corrrction:

[quote] Carol is a badass in the print version, so we get to see her get out of every implausible situation on the show.

Carol kills herself fairly early in the comic and she never really becomes a badass. She just can’t cope with what the world has become.

by Anonymousreply 250November 13, 2017 4:09 PM

I never watched The Office because I was so fond of the British version I was afraid to see it dragged out on American tv. But my understanding was, after they stopped mimicking the British show and developed new stories, the show was pretty good.

Then that talented show runner left after a few seasons and from what I hear the show suffered in quality. For the last season they brought back the original guy and it was much better.

I bring this up because it’s not too late to stop TWDs slide. AMC needs to swallow its pride and get Darabont back. They should give him a bigger budget as he asked for, and give him permission to trim some of Kirkman’s geek shit from the storylines. Bring the show back to the gripping storytelling of the first season and it will rebound.

by Anonymousreply 251November 13, 2017 4:16 PM

They need to get the fuck out of the woods and into a city like Washington DC, but AMC are such cheap fucks they'd never do it.

by Anonymousreply 252November 13, 2017 4:18 PM

I watched the Patriots/Broncos game instead but checked in periodically to see what was happening. Nothing I saw made me want to watch the episode. I also tuned into TD and found out that Shiva and Daniel and the entire Kingdom army died. Bummer. Still didn't watch the episode. When Vice Principals is more of a draw than WD I know it's time to bail.

by Anonymousreply 253November 13, 2017 4:58 PM

[quote] The show is trying to please the comic book fans by following the comic story lines almost to a tee, at least as far as the Negan series goes

[quote] I don’t think Kirkman has kept all the teenboy fantasy stuff from the comic in the story to please the comic readers. I think he’s done it because he thinks everything he’s done is amazing and so there’s no reason to keep this amazing stuff from the tv show as well. He’s that most annoying of all things — a geek who’s had a big mainstream success

Kirkman actually addressed this on Talking Dead.

It's not an exact quote, but he basically said that he considered not having Shiva appear on the show, but then he stopped himself and asked... "is this something I'm doing just because I don't think that we can have a tiger on the show, or because we don't need the tiger? and then i thought, i'm gonna do it because it's in the comic book and we need the tiger on the show." Or something to that effect.

As someone stated, he really is convinced that he's such a genius, that everything from the comic book should be on the show. And AMC lets him do it, because they think he's such a genius. Remember, it was his feud with Kirkman that got Darabont fired, and AMC sided with Kirkman (to their detriment). Robert Kirkman is a DIVA.

At this point, TWD is just in the background as a vehicle to promote Norman Reedus' motorcycle show and Robert Kirkman's new show about the history of comic books. It's no longer about The Walking Dead itself.

The show is one big boy's club, and to prove this point, guess who the first guests of the season were on Reedus' new show? That's right.... Greg Nicotero and Jeffrey Dean Morgan!

I never thought I'd be saying this, but the show actually SUCKS now. Even Chris Hardwick looked like he could barely get through his own show, because he was so pained by its suckitude.

by Anonymousreply 254November 13, 2017 5:25 PM

Eziekiel is a fucking ridiculous character. And Neegan is a cartoon. Following the comics too closely is making this show SUCK.

As the above poster said, WD is supposed to be a show about Regular Joes and Regular Janes trying to survive in an apocalypse. That's why the first few seasons were so good. None of this exaggerated comicy shit.

by Anonymousreply 255November 13, 2017 5:28 PM

Remember when this used to be a show about zombies?

by Anonymousreply 256November 13, 2017 5:30 PM

[quote] As the above poster said, WD is supposed to be a show about Regular Joes and Regular Janes trying to survive in an apocalypse. That's why the first few seasons were so good.

This is why I like Fear the Walking Dead better. Because there are no tigers, no "Braveheart" type of long-winded speeches, no "comic book characters," and no drawn out gun battle scenes. It's just people interacting with each other, and with the dead.

For fuck's sake, this stupid ass gun battle with the Saviors has taken up FOUR EPISODES!! And it's still not over! Fucking gun battles!

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 257November 13, 2017 5:34 PM

[quote]Carol is a badass in the print version, so we get to see her get out of every implausible situation on the show.

As R250 said, in the comics, Carol commits suicide by zombie after coming onto and being rejected by Lori (and Rick) at the prison. It goes to your point though, that the tv series does not have to be faithful to the comics. Carol used to be a great character because of her character evolution from abused housewife to hardened survivor.

by Anonymousreply 258November 13, 2017 5:35 PM

I wish they would explore Carol Lesbianism on the show TWD

by Anonymousreply 259November 13, 2017 5:40 PM

In the first season, the zombies could actually run, climb fences, and follow their prey under vehicles. In other words, they could think, albeit in a limited manner. Now they're a joke. A single survivor can take out a "herd" of them with a modestly sharp twig. Oh, and remember when the survivors warned each other not to come in contact with a zombie's blood? Well now I think the survivors could suck a zombie's rotted liver through its peehole and they wouldn't suffer so much as an upset stomach.

And do the Season 8 guns *ever* run out of bullets? They may be "low on ammo" in one scene, but in the next, it's back to an endless (and highly annoying) barrage.

I may be in the minority, but I thought season 7 was really good. Season 8 has been extremely disappointing so far.

by Anonymousreply 260November 13, 2017 5:43 PM

[quote] In the first season, the zombies could actually run, climb fences, and follow their prey under vehicles. In other words, they could think, albeit in a limited manner.

Exactly, now that they can't climb stairs, why not just live on the second floor of a house, and demolish the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 261November 13, 2017 5:45 PM

Now even Kirkman is suing AMC over non payment of owed profits. The long show decline must be a passive aggressive FU to AMC over screwing them out of money.

by Anonymousreply 262November 13, 2017 7:07 PM

the shark has jumped with tony the tiger getting eaten , I am continually disappointed in the show now, too many new characters lacking substance and depth. Remember the "brokeback mountain" moment between Rick and Shane , that type of depth .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263November 13, 2017 7:28 PM

Anyone remember when the show stopped doing flashbacks? Those really helped us understand characters, but they seem long gone now.

by Anonymousreply 264November 13, 2017 8:27 PM

Walking Dead is DEAD to me!

by Anonymousreply 265November 13, 2017 10:05 PM

R264 yeah flashbacks helped with the character development I thought, Negan has a back story , I don't remember them airing this on the program ,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266November 13, 2017 10:28 PM

I caught a snippet of Talking Dead a couple weeks ago and thought what a circle jerk it was. This Chris Hardwick guy gushes and smirks, the guest cast members/writers preen and prance around and lap up all the audience adoration---it was a pukefest. As so many said above, the show quality has declined so much. If only they would just kill them ALL in one big finale---that I would happily watch.

I always thought as well, after the CDC episode, that there would be more info on how it all started and the possibilities/search for a cure. For instance, maybe a character gets bit but for some reason, doesn't die/turn. The writers are just plain lazy showing us the same shit for literally years---and the characters make the same stupid mistakes again and again. How dare these writers/producers pat themselves on the back?

The only thing I snickered at re last night's episode was that creepy guy with the glasses who was taunting King Ezekiel, got neatly sliced in half ---although I would have appreciated the camera pulling back and showing that a bit better ....

by Anonymousreply 267November 14, 2017 1:28 AM

You knew Ezekial's people were going to die right from the beginning when you saw them leaving their families.

by Anonymousreply 268November 14, 2017 6:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269November 14, 2017 11:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270November 14, 2017 11:50 PM

Carl needs to cut his fucking hair!

If not, then he should style it like at R270. That's actually a very cool look for the apocalypse, and with an eye patch. It would look pretty badass!

by Anonymousreply 271November 15, 2017 12:04 AM

I stopped watching talking dead last year when I couldn't take anymore bro jobs that they were giving each other. It's a dishonest show.

by Anonymousreply 272November 15, 2017 5:56 AM

TWD is using the 'last minute save (LMS)' thing a little too often. It was used last season during the fight in Alexandria, when Maggie, Zeke and Shiva showed up just as Negan was going to kill Carl. Okay, that was badass and I will confess, I cheered. Now, it's getting redundant.

The LMS was used three times in the last episode (8x04): Jerry appearing just as Ezekiel was going to get beheaded, Carol coming to the rescue as Ezekiel and Jerry were getting overrun by walkers, and when Shiva came out of nowhere to save the team from those toxic zombies. That device is cool every once in a while, but they're throwing it around like confetti.

by Anonymousreply 273November 16, 2017 4:08 PM

He looks hot with that long hair

by Anonymousreply 274November 17, 2017 10:48 PM

r274 = Bryan Singer

by Anonymousreply 275November 17, 2017 10:49 PM

Garret Dillahunt is joining the cast of Fear The Walking Dead. Would he have made a better Negan?

by Anonymousreply 276November 17, 2017 11:16 PM

[quote] Garret Dillahunt is joining the cast of Fear The Walking Dead.

Yay, I love Garrett Dillahunt!

He always has this amazingly sexual chemistry with his younger actors. I don't know what it is about him.

Can't wait to see what he's like with Frank Dillane!

by Anonymousreply 277November 17, 2017 11:24 PM

Hurmm, he's probably the main bad guy on The Gifted. I wonder if they're going to kill him off.

by Anonymousreply 278November 17, 2017 11:28 PM

I just hope that they don't make Garrett Dillahunt the love interest of that walking void Madison on FTWD.

by Anonymousreply 279November 17, 2017 11:41 PM

The show is getting blasted in the entertainment mags for the drawn out gun battles. Also, how did he manage to escape the trailer surrounded by walkers? Another LMS. I didn't watch last Sunday's episode.

by Anonymousreply 280November 18, 2017 12:37 PM

[quote]Garret Dillahunt is joining the cast of Fear The Walking Dead.

So is Jenna Elfman.

by Anonymousreply 281November 18, 2017 2:14 PM

[quote] The show is getting blasted in the entertainment mags for the drawn out gun battles

I never thought I'd long for the days of the Governor, and Deanna's Alexandria, but here we are.

Those seasons were boring to me (because of the ridiculous gun battles and tanks, etc.), but seasons 7 and 8 out-CRAP those earlier seasons, because it's like a fucking war show at this point. And I HATE war shows!

This show used to actually be ABOUT something in earlier seasons. Now it's about nothing. Just lots of gun battles, stupid makeup, and over-acting by shitty actors.

Oh, and Negan's back for tonight's episode. Yay! I'll be sure not to watch. I can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 282November 19, 2017 8:04 PM

Dillahunt auditioned for the role of Negan.

by Anonymousreply 283November 19, 2017 9:06 PM

That would have been interesting, R283. Dillahunt probably could have pulled it off, but JDM seems perfect as Negan (and I don't even like the character).

by Anonymousreply 284November 19, 2017 10:52 PM

R273 - I count that random guy who saved Ezekiel as all of the dead Kingdom people became walkers as a LSM, along with Rick and Daryl showing up at juuust the right moment to pursue the Saviors and the guns.

by Anonymousreply 285November 19, 2017 11:32 PM

Is anyone still watching?

by Anonymousreply 286November 20, 2017 1:39 AM

No. I usually wait until it shows up on Netflix but I did watch the first episode of season 8 on AMC's website. I don't like Negan or JPM. Based on DL's commentary I'm not missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 287November 20, 2017 1:53 AM

No.

I’ve been watching it for a few years, but a few episodes ago when Maggie let Gregory back into the Hilltop after he’d been doing something evil for the 181st time I shut it off and haven’t watched again. The plot is driven by one stupid act after another.

by Anonymousreply 288November 20, 2017 2:57 AM

I think I'm getting series fatigue here and so are the writers. I can't even really watch Talking Dead now without rolling my eyes because they just keep making excuses for stupid writing. It's like it's being written by 15 year old fan boys or something, which I guess is the equivalent of what Kirkman is. I never liked the graphic novels because of this. First: Walker guts. I get it. It's gross, it's hot out and it smells BUT smelling like death is preferable to actual death so every time you decide to venture out into a situation where there are tons of walkers, you should put it on. It's always a last minute gimmick that makes me roll my eyes every time. Second: Each character has had that moment where someone who once attacked them is in their crosshairs and they suddenly decide that killing is immoral. Then, that person then returns to haunt them in some shape or form. The lesson I get from watching this show is that I should just kill everyone who once threatened me. It doesn't seem like our protagonists ever get this.

by Anonymousreply 289November 20, 2017 3:16 AM

WTF is going on with this show this season? Is anyone else as bored as I am? It's like the writers aren't even trying to keep our attention.

How difficult is it for all these miserable characters to see that simply joining forces and kicking Neegan's sorry ass to the curb will solve 95% of their problems and allow them to move on with their lives. Maybe then Daryll will have time to shower for once in 8 seasons and Carl will have time to get a haircut.

Also, King Ezekial let the tiger die!? How dare he!

by Anonymousreply 290November 20, 2017 7:19 AM

Rick and Daryl wrestling on the ground was the best part of this episode. I wanted them to rip each other's clothes off and hate fuck each other right there in the middle of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 291November 20, 2017 7:27 AM

This reviewer agrees about how bad the writing has become and came to the same conclusion as r289, that it is being written by and for teenaged boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292November 20, 2017 12:15 PM

R286, no, no one at all ever watches any of these series. The high ratings of all the 'Dead' shows are entirely fictional.

by Anonymousreply 293November 20, 2017 1:07 PM

Some of the scenes were too dark for me to see clearly; they had Eugene pick up something in Dwight's room and later focus on a mark on his finger. It seems that "something" triggered Eugene to suspect Dwight as the mole. What was that he touched and why did it open his eyes?

by Anonymousreply 294November 20, 2017 3:29 PM

r294, here is the Dwight/Eugene scene explained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295November 20, 2017 4:29 PM

Thanks very much, R295

by Anonymousreply 296November 20, 2017 4:42 PM

Negan and Gabriel in the latest episode stopped it all cold. They need to end this arc ASAP ............ they still have the garbage people and Gregory to 'go after', so they can kill Negan and deal with the fall out of any survivors (kind of like the cannibal cult folks)

They can also let Eugene take the fall as the tattletale and let Negan kill him as well.

At this point, there are simply too many characters to follow around ...no one to get invested in.Michonne has not be seen since episode one. Neither has Carl. And they're really not missed.

And the big drama lately has been killing off a bunch of Kingdom/Hillside/Alexandria extras ...........and the tiger.

by Anonymousreply 297November 20, 2017 7:14 PM

They did a twist on the LMS in yesterdays ep - the "cut to new scene". Right when Gabriel and Negan got confronted by a bunch of walkers falling on top of them, the scene cut and went to commercial. Next thing is Negan showing up inside the Sanctuary, somehow escaping a wall of walkers. We're not show how they got through that almost impossible situation.

by Anonymousreply 298November 20, 2017 9:41 PM

At this point I hope the helicopter they saw was one that will take them to some military compound where the characters can live out the rest of their days free from the threat of zombies. This show needs to end. I think Negan and the Saviors has officially ruined the show for me.

I spend every episode thinking about the rise of Negan. How can someone who treats every one of his people like crap still be alive? Surely someone would have had an uprising by now, I mean, he sleeps with the spouses of even his highest ranking henchmen and no one has stabbed him in the back? I've seen more back stabbing at my job.

With the Governor, you can get the appeal of wanting to follow him. He was charismatic and everyone how followed him lived the good life. Not just a select few. With Negan, it's one big bully making everyone bow down to him. I find it all incredibly hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 299November 20, 2017 9:58 PM

R298, they didn't get away from the COCKADOODIE ZOMBIES...!

by Anonymousreply 300November 20, 2017 10:10 PM

I gave this season a chance. I gave the show a final chance. Now I'm done.

It's just a waste of my time at this point.

So sad, considering that it was a really good show when it first started.

by Anonymousreply 301November 20, 2017 10:32 PM

[quote] They did a twist on the LMS in yesterdays ep

LMS = ?

by Anonymousreply 302November 20, 2017 10:40 PM

It is really unwatcheable. I originally did not kike Fear the Walking Dead but I now find it far more compelling.

by Anonymousreply 303November 20, 2017 10:49 PM

[quote] I originally did not like Fear the Walking Dead but I now find it far more compelling

Well get ready to start hating it because Scott M. Pimple is going to be the new show runner for FTWD.

It wasn't enough that he ruined one show, now they're going to let him ruin another.

by Anonymousreply 304November 20, 2017 10:51 PM

LMS stands for last minute save - a plot device used frequently this season. See R273 for definition

by Anonymousreply 305November 20, 2017 11:13 PM

Thanks, I missed that.

by Anonymousreply 306November 20, 2017 11:17 PM

R291 I like the way you think.

by Anonymousreply 307November 21, 2017 12:12 AM

[quote]LMS stands for last minute save - a plot device used frequently this season.

Deus Ex Machina

[quote]An unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.

From the Urban Dictionary: [quote]A bullshit way of saving a character in a movie, novel, or play.

by Anonymousreply 308November 21, 2017 3:27 AM

Oh fuck! I love the guy who wrote the Forbes article. He was spot on and funny.

by Anonymousreply 309November 24, 2017 4:14 AM

Is tonight the mid-season finale? *crossing fingers*

by Anonymousreply 310November 26, 2017 8:55 PM

Mid-Season finale is on December 10th. So there's an episode tonight, next week and then the mid-season finale.

by Anonymousreply 311November 26, 2017 8:59 PM

I think that Gabriel will bite the bullet in this episode.

Especially after that "I want my life to have purpose" speech he gave last time.

by Anonymousreply 312November 26, 2017 9:00 PM

Ok, why the hell did Rick walk into that group of crazies and not expect to be captured? I thought Dwight doublecrossed Rick last season. Now, he's helping them? Yes, the writing is getting lazy.

by Anonymousreply 313November 27, 2017 8:19 AM

No, it was the garbage people who double-crossed Rick last season.

So what does he do? Walk right back into their camp and get captured.

I want to say that Rick is an idiot, but it's actually the writers who are idiotic.

But hey, at least we got to see him shirtless and in his boxers. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 314November 27, 2017 12:27 PM

I have a huge crush on Avi Nash (Siddiq). He's so sexy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315November 27, 2017 12:36 PM

Another shit episode. Some kid pestering Carol. They are just repeating themselves.

by Anonymousreply 316November 27, 2017 1:08 PM

Maybe Siddiq can get together with Aaron, now that Eric's out of the picture.

Actually though, I'd rather see Siddiq with someone like Paul Rovia. That would be hot!

by Anonymousreply 317November 27, 2017 5:44 PM

Siddiq should go back to his call center job in India

by Anonymousreply 318November 27, 2017 6:28 PM

Anyone care that Morgan will be crossing over and appearing on the next season of Fear the Walking Dead?

I myself think it's an underwhelming choice.

by Anonymousreply 319November 28, 2017 11:35 PM

FTWD is so much better then TWD after this past season that I dont want them to do this and contaminate the writing. They might want to improve ratings but I fear the crappie writing will follow Morgan over there. Plus, he just doesn't fit in the show with his sanctimonious bullshit right now and it is too early to start that shit on the show when the best thing going from last season are the complex and fun relationships going back and forth between Strand and Daniel with Madison and Nick in between them. And i dont think Nicks "boyfriend" is dead. TWD has foregone this type of character driven show for action and big themes like Morgan and Carol's bullshit. Best scenario is Strand and Daniel get tired of Morgan's bullshit and turn him into a zombie. Or Strand and Daniel cross over to TWD and get rid of half the cast, including that stupid Negan.

by Anonymousreply 320November 29, 2017 7:19 PM

R320, Morgan can't die in FTWD because that show's timeline is way behind TWD. It's probably "Crazy/clear" Morgan that will show up FTWD.

by Anonymousreply 321November 29, 2017 8:33 PM

I just re-watched world war Z and although there are some lapses in logic it was a pleasure to watch a big scale zombie story instead of watching people endlessly trudge through the woods.

by Anonymousreply 322December 1, 2017 4:31 AM

I keep warning Rick about that Garbage Lady Artist Bitch, but he won't listen to me.

by Anonymousreply 323December 4, 2017 2:04 AM

[quote] Some kid pestering Carol. They are just repeating themselves.

The kid is the brother of the little girl who played Carol's daughter Sophia. I enjoyed that unspoken circularity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 4, 2017 3:09 AM

Crickets...

by Anonymousreply 325December 4, 2017 4:10 AM

Terrible episode

by Anonymousreply 326December 4, 2017 5:05 AM

I'll give it until next week and then I'm calling it on TWD. This season has been truly ridiculous and boring af. Also, it's been 8 years now and I still cannot for the life of me see why Norman Reedus or Daryl has such a following. Dude is skeevy on screen and off. Every time I see him on screen I want to yell, "Wash your fuckin' hair already!!"

by Anonymousreply 327December 4, 2017 5:14 AM

How did Rick finagle his way out of just being shot in the head? Ridiculous. Made no sense why they bowed to him. Show is stupid and boring now. Nothing happens anymore. Needs to wrap up. Why didn't they all just leave the state two seasons ago?

by Anonymousreply 328December 4, 2017 5:33 AM

The show has officially bottomed out.

I can't even sit through an entire episode anymore.

by Anonymousreply 329December 4, 2017 6:04 AM

It's astounding to me that certain actors are still on the show.

The casting person needs to be FIRED, along with the writers.

Who in their right mind thought that Eugene, Tara, and Rosita should still be on the show, but Glenn and Abraham should not?

They're fucking insane! I hate Eugene so much, that I can't even stand the sight of him on-screen. He is unwatchable. And Tara and Rosita are both a waste of space.

I'm just so boggled by these decisions.

by Anonymousreply 330December 4, 2017 6:16 AM

Fucking Eugene

by Anonymousreply 331December 4, 2017 8:37 AM

Rosita is such a bitch. I can't understand anything Daryl says, he just mumbles. Eugene is an ass. Rick fighting off a walker in his bloomers. WTF!

by Anonymousreply 332December 4, 2017 8:39 PM

Yeah, how in the hell did Rick get the better of the helmeted walker when his hands were tied like that, overcome the head garbage bitch and her other cunts?

Seems we're seeing more cheating with the escape scenes ---like just how did Negan get away from those loads of walkers last week? We never saw, we just see him next, casually strolling into the room carrying Lucille with that smirk on his face. Not a scratch on him. Seriously?

And that plane flying overhead? What was that all about?

R332, I hate the character of Rosita too---and what a crappy actress!

Anyway, I'm getting to the point where I want every main character to get bitten and the show to just END--and to give us great special effects for each death.

by Anonymousreply 333December 5, 2017 3:37 AM

I agree, r333! A ‘Six Feet Under’ finale-type montage to the music is Sia where we see each character meet their final gruesome death. The end.

by Anonymousreply 334December 5, 2017 3:45 AM

[quote] And that plane flying overhead? What was that all about?

I've deliberately not read the comic so I don't know where the show is headed but I'd take it as a given if there was any infrastructure left there would be surviving government bunkers not too far from DC in the Virginia, WVa, and Pennsylvania mountains.

Which raises another question I've wondered about since we first met Eugene. After CDC in Atlanta blew up, why didn't anyone try to check Fort Detrick.

by Anonymousreply 335December 5, 2017 4:00 AM

It's unwatchable now. Which is sad because I remember the days this show was must-see TV.

I agree about Rosita. Unlikable character and actress. Just awful. Tara - her lame one-liners cannot disguise the fact she sucks. Eugene and his mullet need to go.

They either need to end the show or get new showrunners which will NEVER happen. They need to stop going by the comics and form their own identity independent of the source material. Get rid of Negan along with the afore-mentioned and they'll save so much $$.

by Anonymousreply 336December 5, 2017 4:28 AM

[quote] They either need to end the show or get new showrunners which will NEVER happen

That will never happen, because the execs at Walking Dead are completely tone deaf.

Gale Ann Turd, Greg "transitioning" Nicotero, Scott M. Pimple, and Kirkman are too busy sucking each others' cocks, thinking that the show is the best thing on television! They truly have no idea how much the fans have HATED seasons 7 and 8.

The only way that the show will end is if AMC pulls the plug, and I don't see it happening any time soon. Unfortunately.

Truthfully, I'd rather see the show end, than have to suffer through any more of this crap.

by Anonymousreply 337December 5, 2017 4:35 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 5, 2017 4:39 AM

R333, didn't he cover himself in blood in order to walk among the walkers...?

by Anonymousreply 339December 5, 2017 6:01 AM

I'm pretty sure that autistic garbage lady was wearing a plastic apron and nothing else whilst she was creating her garbage sculpture. Why does the audience deserve such a punishment?

by Anonymousreply 340December 5, 2017 6:28 AM

Did Maggie have a boy or a girl?

by Anonymousreply 341December 11, 2017 2:12 AM

Well, they telegraphed that from minute one.

by Anonymousreply 342December 11, 2017 2:32 AM

SPOILER

The show has gone downhill, it's a good time to leave.

by Anonymousreply 343December 11, 2017 2:34 AM

Chis Hardwick is such a moron. I tuned into the Walking Dead and the after show for the first time this season.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Hardwick asked Gimple, "Will Carl come back from his walker bite?"

Understandably Gimple looked at Hardwick with disbelief at such a stupid question. He handled the question by simply replying, "It will play out how walker bites play out on the show."

Hardwick still found that hard to digest and Gimple had to break it down in a way without revealing that although Carl will die there is still some things they want to wrap up for the character. He didn't go into specifics.

by Anonymousreply 344December 11, 2017 2:43 AM

R344 he didn't say "Walker bite" he said "bite". He hasn't confirmed this is a walker bite

by Anonymousreply 345December 11, 2017 2:48 AM

It's bullshit that Carl got bit and will die. I don't know if I have the interest to resume after the mid-season break. So many other characters could have died, but they kill Rick's only son? His wife is dead, and baby Judith ain't even his. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 346December 11, 2017 2:57 AM

R346 the actor that plays Carl wanted to leave the show to go to College. How else would they write him off?

by Anonymousreply 347December 11, 2017 3:08 AM

They killed Carl? Thank GOD. I might actually watch the show again.

by Anonymousreply 348December 11, 2017 3:20 AM

Just bit, r348. We’ll probably see him dying throughout the course of the season.

by Anonymousreply 349December 11, 2017 3:23 AM

[quote]the actor that plays Carl wanted to leave the show to go to College. How else would they write him off?

That's not what happened.

It wasn't his choice. He was planning on sticking around and had just bought a house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350December 11, 2017 3:28 AM

He's semi-well known. Hopefully he'll find other work.

by Anonymousreply 351December 11, 2017 3:31 AM

If this was a better show, they could make Carl immune to the virus. That'd be a nice change of pace.

by Anonymousreply 352December 11, 2017 3:42 AM

r352 yeah that would be interesting but Gimple just repeats himself. He doesn't seem to care to develop the science and medical aspects on the show. Well, he doesn't develop anything anymore.

by Anonymousreply 353December 11, 2017 3:49 AM

Maybe the mysterious people in the helicopter can help Carl.

by Anonymousreply 354December 11, 2017 4:07 AM

[quote]If this was a better show, they could make Carl immune to the virus. That'd be a nice change of pace.

It would be, it would be FORWARD MOVEMENT. God forbid this show ever bother.

Although, correct me if I'm wrong, I think back in S1 when they ended up at the CDC, the guy working there tested them and found that they all had the virus.

If someone was going to be immune, it would be anyone but the originals.

by Anonymousreply 355December 11, 2017 4:22 AM

Season One is a lifetime ago. That first season was so good and the CDC development was really interesting but being in forest land for all these years, the show has become so dull.

Just kill Negan already and end the show.

by Anonymousreply 356December 11, 2017 4:49 AM

Chandler Riggs' father is pissed that Gimple assured him Carl would be around for at least another 3 years and based off of that, he bought a house near where the show shoots in Georgia. That's really messed up.

by Anonymousreply 357December 11, 2017 4:18 PM

Just terrible. It's endless, no forward movement. Just a mess.

by Anonymousreply 358December 11, 2017 6:13 PM

A slog.

by Anonymousreply 359December 11, 2017 6:18 PM

Just found out about Carl dying from spoilers; think it's time for me to sign out of TWD. I'm in the UK, not going to bother watching any more episodes. There are other shows that I've got to watch that are actually entertaining. It's a shame. The first few seasons were unmissable.

It's not because I'm a huge Carl fan, though I liked seeing him grow up - a young man gaining maturity in a changed world gave the show some different thoughts to play with; or rather could have. I think the comics did this? But I've been finding the show more and more tedious. It's only the original characters from the first few seasons that have kept me going and now yet another has gone. I don't care about most of the newer ones; Eugene, Rosita, Tara, those weird people in the scrapyard..I'm sick of Rick's endless angst and with Carl's death it's going to be just a go around again. And more endless shoot outs, running around and incoherence.

I'm sick of things I like about the show being taken away and not getting enough back

by Anonymousreply 360December 11, 2017 6:52 PM

At least Chandler Riggs can cut his hair. I bet he auctions it off for charity.

by Anonymousreply 361December 11, 2017 7:02 PM

I'd have preferred Negan getting bit.

by Anonymousreply 362December 11, 2017 9:13 PM

R345

I stand corrected. Riggs is still out. Which means a long drawn out Carl is going to die storyline.

by Anonymousreply 363December 11, 2017 10:09 PM

[quote] It's bullshit that Carl got bit and will die. I don't know if I have the interest to resume after the mid-season break. So many other characters could have died, but they kill Rick's only son?

Totally. Carl should have been the future of the show, which would have been its only saving grace.

Now, he's gone - and so am I. Carl and Rick are/were pretty much the only characters that I was watching this show for. I really hate all the other characters, especially Rosita, Eugene, and Tara.

I think that this will literally be the nail in the show's coffin. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 364December 11, 2017 10:30 PM

The actor playing Carl was not very good. He should re-evaluate his career prospects in the industry and maybe think about applying to a two-year trade school.

by Anonymousreply 365December 11, 2017 11:02 PM

Again TPTB confirmed he was bit, but refuses to say it was a WALKER Bite.

by Anonymousreply 366December 11, 2017 11:05 PM

R366

What's your point? Do you think TPTB are going to do a bait and switch with Carl's bite? You would think they'd learn their lesson after the fake out with Glenn. Regardless of whether or not Gimple clearly stated it was a walker bite. He spoke openly about having to break the news to Riggs as well as Lincoln that Carl would be bit. I know. I know. He didn't say it was a walker bite according to you. Carl could still live, etc. etc. etc. I guess we will have to wait until February for the exciting conclusion to what will surely prove to be Carl's demise.

by Anonymousreply 367December 11, 2017 11:13 PM

[quote] You would think they'd learn their lesson after the fake out with Glenn.

Ah you know this is Gimple running the show right? Just read the past comments here on Gimple.

by Anonymousreply 368December 11, 2017 11:15 PM

Maggie looks pretty good for being 74 months pregnant.

If Jesus and Daryl don't spitroast Aaron soon...

by Anonymousreply 369December 11, 2017 11:18 PM

I hear ya R360, it's not so much that I was a Carl fan, but damn, he's a kid, he's the primary motivating reason for Rick to persist and help his group and family. I haven't read the comics, but I understand that Carl reaches adulthood, but in the tv show, they prematurely killed him, and with a damn bite no less. I'm going on record that S8 will be my final season. There are so many useless characters wasting space and time, but the one under the radar beloved kid character they have, they kill. Fuck em. I'll finish this season like hate fucking and just be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 370December 12, 2017 1:01 AM

[quote]At least Chandler Riggs can cut his hair. I bet he auctions it off for charity.

He can use the money to pay his mortgage.

by Anonymousreply 371December 12, 2017 2:21 AM

I wonder what Chandler's going to do post Walking Dead. Will he go on to college and try to live a normal life, or continue acting? I'm sure convention appearances will probably also help with any extra money.

by Anonymousreply 372December 12, 2017 3:39 AM

Only a very small percentage of child actors have been able to transition into steadily working adult actors. Even only a small few of the actors killed off on THIS show have been able to have a high profile acting career after, so it's probably best for him to save his convention money and look for other jobs.

by Anonymousreply 373December 12, 2017 12:15 PM

His acting is porn-level bad at this point.

by Anonymousreply 374December 12, 2017 12:22 PM

Well according to his IMBD, he's working on a movie. So, I doubt he'll give up acting. Really, he's just getting started. Go to college, and resume an acting career. Or, he can live off the residuals of TWD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375December 12, 2017 2:11 PM

He got into Auburn or something so I thought he had asked to be written out of the show. According to his fame whore father, that wasn't the case.

Aside from the bad acting, Scott M Pimple is just an awful showrunner. Sunday night used to be the best tv show night of the week. TWD is no longer worthy of Sunday nights. They keep trying to be all art house and do these obnoxious time jumps. It's clever when it happens once or twice but not every episode. Plus, there are so many characters and factions now that not only am I worried about if I'm in present, past or future, I have to remember where these people are from. The savior/ Negan storyline is being beaten like a dead horse and it was a stupid storyline to begin with.

Chandler Riggs (although he'll probably not get much work) should really be thankful for being written out before this show gets really out of control. Some of these actors should beg to be killed off before their stock really goes down.

by Anonymousreply 376December 12, 2017 9:36 PM

"Tune in next February to watch Carl die!!" is strange marketing for ratings. If you love the character, why would you be eager to see that?

by Anonymousreply 377December 12, 2017 10:00 PM

I suddenly have a lot of free time if Chandler needs a mentor.

by Anonymousreply 378December 12, 2017 10:12 PM

So I know that in the comics they imprison Neegan. But at this point, he's so irritating, if they don't kill him I will be tuning out.

by Anonymousreply 379December 12, 2017 10:57 PM

Gimble said on TTD that Chandler emotes when Carl got bit. I assumed it was the ambush a few weeks ago when he was giving supplies to the new guy, but I don't remember a look. And not about to go watch again, so just asking?

by Anonymousreply 380December 12, 2017 11:19 PM

Are you asking for a friend?

by Anonymousreply 381December 12, 2017 11:37 PM

[quote] Carl reaches adulthood, but in the tv show, they prematurely killed him, and with a damn bite no less

I too haven't read the comics but still wasn't this the point when Andrea was supposed to die. Maybe this just restores the balance.

by Anonymousreply 382December 13, 2017 6:42 AM

The second half of the season will be DRRRAAAWWWWN out over Carl's death and still more gunfights. This season was all "We gotta kill Neegan!" and next season will be months of "Neegan got away! We gotta find Neegan!" It'll be like Luke and Laura on 1980s "General Hospital" all over again.

by Anonymousreply 383December 13, 2017 10:50 AM

R382, Carol has been dead in the comics for a while too, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 384December 13, 2017 6:36 PM

That was the worst fucking episode. I hate when they have it so dark you can't tell what is happening or who is in the scene. It is a cop out to explain later bad storytelling. The dialogue from all the Saviors was vomit inducing. Are the writers not reading viewers comments about this? The acting was horrible but I suppose the actors are having to drug themselves to get through this dreck. I can't stand Carl, his acting, or his hair, but this is just more bad storylines and a cop out. All of a sudden Carl is a peacenik? The story line would have been better if he started to turn out like Negan. And even the reviewer in Forbes said the writing was so shitty in the last two episodes viewers could not pick up on when he was bit and how it affected his actions when the viewers realized he was bit. I was watching this and one word came to mind to describe the whole mess - silly. It has just become silly. All the different groups are silly, all the dialogue (here comes my big dick!) is silly, the stories are silly, the acting is silly, the costumes of the trash people and Negan are silly, and using this Carl device to fix the silliness of the last two seasons is silly. Christ, there were so many other times to kill Carl that made sense! What drug are all these people on that turn them into 8 years old to write and produce this silly shit?

by Anonymousreply 385December 13, 2017 7:32 PM

^ Sweetie, maybe you should step away from the TV for a while. lol

I wonder what Gabriel's "infection" is all about. I think his escape scene with Negan will return as a flashback. Negan didn't get sick, so I don't think it had anything to do with him and Gabriel covering themselves in zombie blood to escape the surrounded trailer (and on a side note, why hasn't a single character in the history of this show ever used the word "zombie"? Walkers, rotters, etc, but never zombie??). My theory is that Gabriel was either bit or scratched. He'll have some redeeming arc play out, maybe saving the Hilltop from extermination. Ideally, Hilltop Doc 2.0 can develop a cure from Gabriel before he dies that will help save Carl. ( Yeah, right. I'll keep dreaming.)

And in Season 5, I remember a scene where they passed *thisclose* to DC when on their way to Alexandria. Why have they not stepped into DC even once by now?

And I may not be able to stand the Saviors, but I dread a full season of the Junkyard people and their Yodaspeak. I hope they get wiped out before the end of this season.

In all, though, I think episodes 7 and 8 of this season were a vast improvement over the first couple of non-stop shoot-em-up episodes. Boy did I miss seeing Andy Lincoln (almost!) naked. Although, why'd they shave that beautiful chest fuzz of his?! Whatever. I'd still hit it hard.

by Anonymousreply 386December 13, 2017 8:18 PM

The only thing i liked from this episode was badass Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 387December 13, 2017 10:36 PM

I quit watching after the first two episodes of this season. But I hear that Carl is about to die. So I may return.

After he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 388December 13, 2017 10:39 PM

[quote] in Season 5, I remember a scene where they passed *thisclose* to DC when on their way to Alexandria. Why have they not stepped into DC even once by now?

Too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 389December 13, 2017 10:53 PM

There's an article on Forbes 'There's only one way to save The Walking Dead now, and it isn't pretty' that blames Gimple. I can't link it here because I have adblockers

by Anonymousreply 390December 13, 2017 11:00 PM

[quote] Sweetie, maybe you should step away from the TV for a while. lol

Welcome to Datalounge, Mr. Gimple!

by Anonymousreply 391December 13, 2017 11:10 PM

r390 why don't you copy and paste the interesting parts of the Forbes article

by Anonymousreply 392December 13, 2017 11:12 PM

Is Gimple the one who looks like he’s transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 393December 13, 2017 11:29 PM

No, that's Greg Nicotero, R393.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394December 13, 2017 11:35 PM

Is this it R390?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395December 13, 2017 11:51 PM

R44 is actually right, and it's the reason I stopped watching. It was good at first. But it's just a sickening mess now.

by Anonymousreply 396December 13, 2017 11:54 PM

Norman Reedus is getting chunky.

by Anonymousreply 397December 14, 2017 1:01 AM

To the person who asked about the use of the word "zombie", it's a common thing in zombie movies that you never say the word zombie (unless it's a parody like Shuan of the Dead). In zombie movies, no one has ever seen a zombie movie or even heard the term zombie.

by Anonymousreply 398December 14, 2017 2:22 AM

yes thanks r395

by Anonymousreply 399December 14, 2017 2:26 AM

R398, I think it's similar to the conceit in vampire movies -- no one has ever seen a vampire movie and therefore can't recognize a vampire bite and figure out immediately what it means.

by Anonymousreply 400December 14, 2017 3:01 AM

From Kirkman:

[quote]“One of the things about this world is that people don’t know how to shoot people in the head at first, and they’re not familiar with zombies, per se,” Kirkman said on “Talking Dead.” “This isn’t a world the (George) Romero movies exist, for instance … because we don’t want to portray it that way, we felt like having them be saying ‘zombie’ all the time would harken back to all of the zombie films which we, in the real world, know about. So by calling them something different, we’re kind of giving a nod to … these people don’t understand the situation. They’ve never seen this in pop culture, this is a completely new thing for them.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401December 14, 2017 3:11 AM

Kirkman is a pompous ass.

by Anonymousreply 402December 14, 2017 4:02 AM

Did anyone see this Carl uber fan fucking losing it over his death?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403December 14, 2017 9:27 PM

Chandler is a pretty bad actor, but Carl was important so it was tolerable. Though that hair was aggravating just to look at.

Do we think Rick might die at the end of the season? He pretty much lived for Carl, so if Carl's dead, what reason does Rick have to live? I don't think Judith or michonne are reason enough.

Wouldn't that be a shakeup, huh?

by Anonymousreply 405December 15, 2017 11:11 PM

[quote]Though that hair was aggravating just to look at.

I looks like Cousin Itt.

by Anonymousreply 406December 15, 2017 11:21 PM

I wouldn't blame Andrew Lincoln for leaving. But it must be a cushy job and I am sure he gets paid handsomely.

But this would be the time to leave. The show has peaked.

by Anonymousreply 407December 16, 2017 12:53 AM

[quote]I wouldn't blame Andrew Lincoln for leaving. But it must be a cushy job and I am sure he gets paid handsomely.

It would be the time for him to go but the show probably wouldn't survive without him at this point. The problem is, he doesn't seem to have much ambition outside of the series.

Danai Gurira/Michonne hit the jackpot. She has The Black Panther coming out next summer and she was announced as part of the cast of Avengers: Infinity War (and she is hanging out with the main heroes.) Add into that any likely potential Black Panther sequels and she's set for the next few years. She has the right idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408December 16, 2017 6:08 AM

That's really good for Danai! However, now I'm worried that they'll end up killing off Michonne sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile, Andy Lincoln had wanted really badly to do his junkyard fight scene completely naked. Unfortunately, the AMC heads said no. Fuckers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409December 16, 2017 6:14 AM

Remember when Jon Snow "died" after a brutal stab to the heart and Kit Harington "confirmed" that his character was dead for good? Then he returned the following season after a magical resurrection by the Red Witch? Yeah, well. Don't be surprised if Carl somehow survives his bite. Rather suspiciously, Chandler Riggs still retains the option to return to the show, according to his current contract.

Meanwhile, Andrew Lincoln's contract is up after Season 8 mid season. He's now up for renegotiation. Don't be surprised if Rick is out by the end of the season. That will bloody likely kill me, though.

by Anonymousreply 410December 16, 2017 6:56 AM

Word is Negan is in "for the long haul."

by Anonymousreply 411December 16, 2017 7:00 AM

Yikes, R403! That chick is something else. I get it though. We all got to see Chandler grow up before our very eyes and it's a bummer if this is the end of Carl.

Hope some of the other posters are right and he comes back somehow. Although I'd rather keep Rick than Carl, but that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 413December 16, 2017 7:15 AM

[quote]I wouldn't blame Andrew Lincoln for leaving. But it must be a cushy job and I am sure he gets paid handsomely.

You would think but this show is such a monster that I think Lincoln will be typecasted. Catch-22. I would stay until the end but continue to do movies or direct to at least help with the transition.

by Anonymousreply 414December 16, 2017 8:30 AM

[quote] Don't be surprised if Carl somehow survives his bite.

Oops.

by Anonymousreply 415December 16, 2017 12:08 PM

Have Aaron and Jesus hooked up yet? Have they ever spoken with each other? I've not watched this year.

They're both too hot not to bone"

by Anonymousreply 416December 16, 2017 1:59 PM

R411, no no no. Please don't let this be. I love Jeffrey, gorgeous man, but I hate Negan. Unless he's going to be Daryl's bitch, I want S8 to end with his death. Because of Carl is soon to be dead, this will be my last season too. I'm just not down with the emotional misery porn that the writers and producers insist on doing to its viewers.

by Anonymousreply 417December 16, 2017 2:21 PM

Jeffrey should go back to The Good Wife Fight. He was okay in that role.

by Anonymousreply 418December 16, 2017 2:23 PM

[quote] Don't be surprised if Carl somehow survives his bite.

They can bring him back as a Walker and no one will know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 419December 16, 2017 2:27 PM

Gurl you need a blow out ! I know a place call me !

by Anonymousreply 420December 16, 2017 2:49 PM

R410

I don't see how Carl could survive a walker bite. Unless, the series intends on addressing Carl as being the answer to the virus. Which does have potential. I don't see the show runners going that way with his storyline. They did get a lot of criticism for the fake outs with the character of Glenn before he was brutally murdered on screen. Sure, it can be done. It's television and a show about the zombie apocalypse and anything is possible. You've got people running around (two years?) after the world went to shit talking in a monosyllabic manner. Why not let Carl live, right? I think if they go that way the potential for their viewership to continue to dip seems likely and they'll lose a good base of viewers that probably won't come back to the show. I stopped watching after the season seven finale. I've only tuned in for the season eight mid season finale. I have no investment at the characters. It doesn't matter to me at this point if Carl dies or anyone from the first season cast dies.

by Anonymousreply 421December 16, 2017 4:38 PM

One survives walker bites. Everyone has the virus. This isn't Night of the Living Dead etc.

If there's a Carl fake-out I imagine something more like him being gone most to all of the remaining season but we find (perhaps with a timejump) he's been up to more toughening experiences away from Rick and future drama yadda yadda. They won't Glenn it, exactly.

This might be a more middle term view where they sacrifice or risk views for the second half of this season, in order to boost numbers for the next. TWD does like disappearing characters and cheering their return.

by Anonymousreply 422December 16, 2017 4:44 PM

R422

I know with Herschel that they were able to save him by lopping off his arm. The position of Carl's bite on his stomach leads me to believe that he's not long for this world. I wonder how they could remove the bitten area successfully. The rate at which people turn seems to be up to the individual's (storyline purposes) resistance to the virus. I don't even know how many hours/days Carl's been going around with that bite. The most important question is...

Will Carl die a virgin?

by Anonymousreply 423December 16, 2017 5:16 PM

If they intend to keep Negan on, then it's obvious they don't care if the show continues to decline story-wise. They have enough viewers anyway to justify the crap storytelling.

Negan was a bust and they won't admit it.

by Anonymousreply 424December 16, 2017 5:17 PM

I agree, Negan has over stayed his visit. He needs to die at the end of S8 and no cliff hangers...DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 425December 17, 2017 4:25 PM

I fast-forward through all of Negan's scenes.

by Anonymousreply 426December 18, 2017 12:25 AM

[quote]Negan was a bust and they won't admit it.

Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 427December 18, 2017 12:43 AM

I'm already having mid-season withdrawals. I was looking at old episodes in the meantime. This scene is so poignant now. Poor Carl. Poor sexy Rick. 😢

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428December 18, 2017 2:54 AM

Chandler got a haircut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429December 18, 2017 5:30 AM

^ Whoa. Chandler appears to be smuggling a roll of eyepatches down there. Cum over here, buddy! 😮

by Anonymousreply 430December 18, 2017 6:27 AM

He's such a handsome boy.

by Anonymousreply 431December 18, 2017 3:29 PM

Nice haircut. I'm glad he didn't go for the trendy shaved part/short sides/floppy on top look that I see so many younger guys have. This style is much nicer.

by Anonymousreply 432December 19, 2017 4:15 AM

[quote] Word is Negan is in "for the long haul."

[quote] If they intend to keep Negan on, then it's obvious they don't care if the show continues to decline story-wise

[quote] Negan was a bust and they won't admit it.

I've been saying this the whole time. They are TONE DEAF.

But even more than that, I think that firing JDM and admitting the writing and casting both sucked, would jeopardize the jobs of the main cunts at Walking Dead.

Robert Porkman, Scott M. Pimple, Gale Ann Turd, and Caitlyn Nicotero would rather fire the entire cast and keep JDM, than admit that they were wrong. And there's no way they're going to let go of their multi-million dollars jobs.

This show is going to sink like the Titanic... all because of them.

by Anonymousreply 433December 19, 2017 4:26 AM

Chandler looks so much better with that haircut at R429.

What it also means, is that his character is officially gone from the show.

Goodbye, hair. Goodbye, Carl.

by Anonymousreply 434December 19, 2017 4:27 AM

r434 yup, no immunity for Carl.

by Anonymousreply 435December 19, 2017 4:30 AM

Lol this Riggs family Halloween photo is hilarious.

Twisted, but funny.

by Anonymousreply 436December 19, 2017 4:47 AM

Whoops! Here's the photo..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437December 19, 2017 4:47 AM

Here's a better link since DL bugs out sometimes R436/437

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438December 19, 2017 4:49 AM

Such a sweet photo... Andy and Chandler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439December 19, 2017 4:52 AM

Looks like a pretty little girl at R439. So glad he cut his hair.

by Anonymousreply 440December 19, 2017 4:53 AM

CARRRRRLLLLL....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441December 19, 2017 5:06 AM

Ooh Andy looks good in r439. Not looking foward to more r441 Rick, though. How's he going to get through Carl dying? It's going to be rough to see.

by Anonymousreply 442December 20, 2017 1:54 PM

Finally binged the last three episodes up to the mid season finale.

Pretty much a yawner like the rest of the seaon.

Tired of the wishy washiness of some of the characters .............Maggie - you're a leader now. Grow a pair. Eugene - enough of your half assed good guy/bad guy shit. I wish you'd die already. Instead you've got an after school special storyline now about your alcoholism.

Jesus should die already. This isn't the time for your goody two shoeness.

Even knowing the big mid season ender reveal ....... they telegraphed it for the whole episode with Carl writing letters and stumbling around Alexandria while it was being blown up. Even when they were showing the episode beginning with the montage (they ended with one too), there was Carl sweating buckets from his bite.

The final episode just reinforced what I've already said .............. too many characters, too many colonies (not just the Saviors, Alexandria, Hilltop, the Kingdom ........ and then Oceanside and the Tardo group)

Besides Carl, there was the devastating loss of NEIL ('Neil ? Who is Neil ???).

And I guess they finally had enough money to pay for Michonne's return to the show (jeebus knows it only costs a nickel to bring back Rosarita)

And then there was the random pairing of Enid and the gay guy (who reminded us all of the devastating loss of his husband Eric (when his his undead ass going to pop up to chomp on his husband (or the husband's new baby ..... that would be a shocker) ??

by Anonymousreply 443December 23, 2017 12:21 AM

have you guys seen norman reedus's bike show? my gwad, he looks like shit in it! His hair is so greasy and hasn't been washed, eyes always behind sunglasses, when without, he looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 444December 23, 2017 12:42 AM

Chandler is cute kid with his hair cut. He may get a few roles before disappearing into the ether.

by Anonymousreply 445December 23, 2017 1:31 AM

r444 why would anyone want to watch that show? AMC is such a shitfest now. That and all these other wankfest shows like the one about comic book heroes or Kevin Smith's shows.

I'd only watch a Norman Reedus show if it's him getting a shower and a makeover.

by Anonymousreply 446December 23, 2017 1:32 AM

R443 So Aaron adopted that baby? The one whose father Rick killed? I didn't watch the episode, but I read something about a new orphan baby. Good for Aaron, now he can't die.

by Anonymousreply 447December 23, 2017 1:15 PM

R438, is that Chandler’s dad in the back and is he supposed to be dressed like Negan?

by Anonymousreply 448December 23, 2017 3:09 PM

Considering how old the photo is, I doubt it R448

by Anonymousreply 449December 23, 2017 4:36 PM

Why are all of the Richonne fangirls saying that Andy and Danai are in a relationship when Andy is married?

Seems like they don't like each other off camera, and I figured all of the banter between them is just for the Richonne stans.

by Anonymousreply 450December 26, 2017 9:16 PM

Maybe Carl can become Michonne’s new pet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451January 2, 2018 11:56 PM

New female showrunner and Scott Gimple's getting a promotion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 13, 2018 7:00 PM

He's going to be in charge of Norman's wig.

by Anonymousreply 453January 13, 2018 10:26 PM

Who's in charge of his merkin?

by Anonymousreply 454January 14, 2018 2:13 AM

[quote]New female showrunner and Scott Gimple's getting a promotion

The Peter Principle at work.

by Anonymousreply 455January 14, 2018 2:23 AM

Forget Carl. We need to get back to discussing Carol's lesbianism.

by Anonymousreply 456January 14, 2018 3:02 AM

Is anyone going to talk about Poor Shiva

by Anonymousreply 457January 14, 2018 8:23 AM

Mid-season trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458February 4, 2018 5:30 AM

Lauren Cohan is said to be looking into her options for pilot season.

RIP Maggie

by Anonymousreply 459February 4, 2018 6:28 AM

r459 I heard she is renegotiating her contract to bump up her pay closer to Lincoln and Reedus. And to be fair, she deserves it. She's been on the show a long time and is one of the main players. And I am sure cheap ass AMC is probably paying her shit.

by Anonymousreply 460February 4, 2018 7:05 AM

Melissa McBride deserves the same amount as Lincoln and Reedus.

by Anonymousreply 461February 4, 2018 8:28 PM

R460 Lauren Cohan wanted to be paid the same as Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus who have been on the show since day one (she joined in season two). AMC offered her a slight bump in pay. She refused it. They basically told her to go fuck herself and stopped negotiating. She'll be zombie food shortly.

by Anonymousreply 462February 4, 2018 8:36 PM

WTF are they doing to this show? I can think of at least five characters they could kill off, and Maggie is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 463February 4, 2018 8:40 PM

Kill them all and end the show. Wouldn't that be fun?

by Anonymousreply 464February 5, 2018 1:26 AM

r462 that's terrible. Mellissa and Lauren should be paid as much as Andrew and Norman. They're just as good and integral to the show. I hate AMC and the WD showrunners.

I am glad Lauren stood her ground.

by Anonymousreply 465February 5, 2018 1:30 AM

[quote] RIP Maggie

What might be more original is to have Maggie leave and strike out on her own, than just automatically killing someone off.

by Anonymousreply 466February 5, 2018 1:32 AM

Due to her age, Lauren will be able to walk off this show and go straight to a leading role on a network show.

Though she's 100x the actress, Melissa will have to work harder to get 2nd tier roles or guest shots on other shows, so there's no hurry for her to run away from this paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 467February 5, 2018 12:36 PM

Melissa, and almost all of the major actors on this show, should be set for life if they are smart with their money. They'll be booked at conventions until the day they die.

by Anonymousreply 468February 5, 2018 10:10 PM

r466, I'm not sure original would be the word I'd use to describe a very pregnant woman embarking solo into a dangerous world alone or with a newborn.

by Anonymousreply 469February 6, 2018 1:47 PM

[quote] Lauren Cohan wanted to be paid the same as Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus who have been on the show since day one (she joined in season two). AMC offered her a slight bump in pay. She refused it. They basically told her to go fuck herself and stopped negotiating.

She probably wants to ride the wave of female empowerment happening in Hollywood this year.

Unfortunately, WD is one big boys club with Kirkman, Nicotero, Gimple, and Gale Ann Hurd (unofficially one of "the boys") who are sucking up the real big bucks from the show. As usual, it's the Executive Producers who get all the money, while the actors get paid shit.

It seems weird that the show is killing off all of its main actors, mainly because of money disputes. First Carl, now Maggie. Coming on the heels of killing Glen and Abraham, well this show is definitely on its last leg.

Melissa is smart. She's a veteran actress who has had limited success up until now, so she knows the value of a regular paycheck. We'll see if Lauren is able to parlay this role into bigger ones, because all I've seen her in so far, are bit parts.

That said, they should give her a Lori-like send off. Having Carl have to "put down" his mother was pretty epic back season three.

by Anonymousreply 470February 6, 2018 3:33 PM

Lauren should do movies. She would have made a better Lara Croft than Alicia Vikander.

by Anonymousreply 471February 7, 2018 6:04 AM

She's done movies but not great ones

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472February 7, 2018 6:17 AM

I have the second eight episodes of the last season on my DVR, but I have not watched them yet.

I have not missed an episode since the series started, although sometimes it's only on in the background, and other times I fast forwarded through Negan's scenes.

But now I need a room on my DVR, so should I finally watch these episodes, or should I just erased them.

For me this show has gone from must-see to ho-hum.

by Anonymousreply 473February 12, 2018 7:40 PM

I am so done with this show. Maggie and Carl get killed and we're stuck with fucking Tara and traitor Eugene. Fuck that!

by Anonymousreply 474February 12, 2018 7:44 PM

Is the annoying as shit Negan dead yet? Hate the character, hate the actor.

by Anonymousreply 475February 12, 2018 7:47 PM

Negan will be around for a while. Unfortunately. A lot of fans seem to like him. I can't stand him and stopped watching the show b/c there's too much of him and his non stop talking. I also don't like Dwight, from what I've seen of him.

Sad to see Carl go. I thought he was a pretty cool kid. At least since the prison.

Tara, Eugene, rosita... They should've been killed off. Abraham was at least interesting and Maggie's okay. Story wise, Glenn's death was good.

by Anonymousreply 476February 12, 2018 8:15 PM

Anybody else think Negan looks like one of those tall blow up things that flop around in the wind, in front of car dealerships?

by Anonymousreply 477February 12, 2018 8:28 PM

Are there any gay moments in the last eight episodes that I should look for

by Anonymousreply 478February 12, 2018 8:30 PM

Maybe Lauren felt that the show is on its last leg, and this is her way of leaving the show.

It makes sense. Between the shitty pay and the shitty writing, Lauren would be smart to bail.

by Anonymousreply 479February 12, 2018 9:19 PM

There is an awful lot of shooting, but are there any actual characters left?

by Anonymousreply 480February 12, 2018 9:20 PM

How shitty is the pay? I know they're not making a million an episode, but they have to be pulling in a decent salary. I'd stay for the solid paycheck for a few more years if I was her.

by Anonymousreply 481February 13, 2018 1:11 AM

[quote] I'd stay for the solid paycheck for a few more years if I was her.

Considering how bad the show has been recently, I'm sure that Lauren is thinking about her reputation as an actor. The bad writing is going to be attributed to the actors, which sucks for them.

Not only that, but the cast is so huge now that the actors are all reduced to bit roles, including Andrew Lincoln. Not sure if they get paid per appearance or for every episode, though.

The Walking Dead has become a real shit show. It's better to leave now, than wait for it to be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 482February 13, 2018 1:15 AM

It is a shit show. I don't think the actors are as happy as they make it seem on those lame Talking Dead shows with Chris Harddick.

by Anonymousreply 483February 13, 2018 3:41 AM

i don't know if I even want to watch the second part of S8 when it comes on in two weeks. I'm so pissed off about Carl's impending death. And now to hear about how they are cock blocking Lauren in getting more money. Fuck this, I don't need to be a devoted fan of a tv show that doesn't give a true damn about its actors or fans.

by Anonymousreply 484February 13, 2018 3:47 AM

r484 same here.

by Anonymousreply 485February 13, 2018 3:50 AM

The last season sucked. It's all about gun fights and car chases now. It's just straight guy "bang bang" and "vroom vroom" bullshit. Not sure why anyone gives a shit about Carl. I was hoping he'd die when the bullet went in his eye. If Rick had lost everyone at that point they could've let him go unhinged and that would've been good tv. It is boring to watch now.

by Anonymousreply 486February 13, 2018 4:42 AM

I'm out if they get rid of Carol

by Anonymousreply 487February 13, 2018 9:21 AM

There's been a lot of talk here about big convention money for the cast for many years.

But with a show like this where there's already been many, many actors come and go and many more likely to do the same, won't there only be a very small number of them who could make any real amount of money from conventions?

by Anonymousreply 488February 13, 2018 12:45 PM

I believe Kevin Zegers has joined the cast. He's adorable but he's the new Ted McGinley.

by Anonymousreply 489February 13, 2018 1:54 PM

Carl was more interesting as a kid. And he was a way better actor too. They had the right idea giving him a darker side but then got cold feet and "redeemed" him. He's just a mopey teenaged babysitter in love now. Tovah's character should have been kept around a while longer. Someone who can actually act. Instead we are still plagued with Tara and Rosita. Eugene gets a pass because he stays true to himself. He's a coward who will do anything to stay alive. Jesus is a bore. As is Aaron. Dwight has turned out to be the most interesting of the Saviours. Complex. You never know what he's going to do next. And at least we know what motivates him. Negan's right hand man is also a much more interesting character than his boss. I like crazy Morgan better than the Zen Master. Father Gabriel is going to be the key to a cure, not Carl. Maggie's pregnancy hormones are causing her to make mistakes in judgement so I could see them using that as a means to write her out. They need to use Xander more. He brings the comedy relief. Danai is fine on this show but she really doesn't have much range. She was god awful in that Shakur biopic. I mean real shit.

by Anonymousreply 490February 13, 2018 2:28 PM

You're right about Carl being better when he was younger. It's interesting how some kids just start sucking as actors as they age. The kid who plays Luke in modern family comes to mind. He was so natural and funny as a ten year old, now it's painful to watch him act. Because you can see him acting.

Kevin Zegers is hot.

Oh yeah, Father Gabriel. Did he get bit? Last I saw of him he was trapped in a trailer wi Negan. Did Negan use him as a shield to escape?

by Anonymousreply 491February 13, 2018 2:42 PM

I haven't watched this season. At all. Which is unusual because I was a big fan the first few seasons. It was the only thing (well, virtually only thing) I watched live.

I eventually forced myself to watch the last season on Amazon rather than live. It was ok but the show feels more like an algorithm at this point than a story. I'm trying to force myself to go back and watch this season as well, but it's so very far from the show I thought was so great in seasons 1-3. But it's possible I'll still do it so I haven't read this thread too closely. I mean, I know the big spoiler, you couldn't avoid that, but I don't want to read every little detail in the thread.

AMC really went for short term success rather than the big picture on the show. It was just a matter of time before the hacks they finally went with to run the show killed it.

It's so funny to me that they have been mulling over an entire zombie network. The show's ratings are plummeting -- spend more time thinking about the show itself and less time thinking about how you're going to milk it for every last penny it's worth!

by Anonymousreply 492February 13, 2018 2:53 PM

Negan and Gabriel covered themselves in Walker guts and got out. Gabriel didn't get bit but is sick with something else. A mutation of the original virus perhaps? That is why I think he's the key to a cure. Of course, that is probably another ten seasons away.

by Anonymousreply 493February 13, 2018 3:12 PM

Mid-Season 8 Trailer. "More shock deaths promised."

(PS: Turn on captions at 0:40. heh)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494February 13, 2018 8:17 PM

I can't believe that Kevin Zegers is joining this mess.

He's such a good actor, and he deserves better than this show.

I honestly believe that it'll bring him down, especially joining the cast so late in the run of TWD, when it's on its last leg. I think this was a mistake on his part.

by Anonymousreply 495February 13, 2018 8:24 PM

Kevin's joining Fear the Walking Dead

by Anonymousreply 496February 13, 2018 8:25 PM

Yay! That's a much better show for him to join than TWD.

I think that Kevin would fit in well with the cast of FTWD.

by Anonymousreply 497February 13, 2018 8:28 PM

If Carl is really dead, how much more can Rick take? He might finally lose it and kill everybody.

by Anonymousreply 498February 13, 2018 9:04 PM

Do you think they are pulling a fast one like they did with Glen and the dumpster?

by Anonymousreply 499February 13, 2018 9:06 PM

Let me know when that happens, r498. I'd tune back in for that.

by Anonymousreply 500February 13, 2018 9:08 PM

The Walking Dead's Lauren Cohan: EP 'Incredibly Hopeful' She'll Re-Sign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501February 19, 2018 2:12 AM

I binged watched seasons 1-3 in a weekend while I was sick.; couldn't turn it off. I haven't been able to get into this new season at all; it's on my DVR and I've tried a few times to watch an episode or two but it doesn't hold my attention.

by Anonymousreply 502February 19, 2018 2:47 AM

I was watching the Season 5 marathon on Sunday, and I can't believe how much better the show was back then. The writing and everything else.

In the credits, Nicotero was the Exec. Producer and Gimple was a writer. Maybe Gimple should have stayed in that job, because he's horrible as an EP.

The season opener with Terminus was awesome, as was the church massacre of the Terminites.

Then the ending of the season in Alexandria was equally compelling, with Carol threatening the little boy Sam, the introduction of the Wolves, and the finale where Pete and Reg were both murdered.

The storyline was just so much better back then. Now it sucks so badly, I couldn't even tell you what happened in Season 8, from episode to episode. All I know is that Carl is gonna die.

Which brings me to another complaint. In the season previews, the show actually has the NERVE to start airing little segments paying homage to Carl, leading up to his big death scene in next week's mid-season premiere.

They're obviously trying to kiss his ass, because they know that people are PISSED at the producers for killing off Carl.

This show really needs to fire everybody at the top, and just start fresh.

by Anonymousreply 503February 19, 2018 12:28 PM

I agree, seasons 1-5 were really good. I keep watching thinking it will get better, its not. Season 8 has been a big disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 504February 19, 2018 7:25 PM

I thought I read/heard/ that Chandler Riggs wanted off so he could go to college; anyone know if that's true? Kid could've probably ridden the show out until the end if he wanted to since he was so popular.

Neegan is just too over the top; even for a murderous psychopath.

I don't know; I'm just bummed at how crappy the show is now. I used to clear Sunday night so I can enjoy the show and now I'll half-ass watch it while surfing the net or doing paperwork. So maybe part of the problem is me in that I'm not completely into it so I'm irritated about wasting me time.

by Anonymousreply 505February 20, 2018 12:05 AM

r505 there were rumours that Chandler was going to leave because of school and then those rumours disappeared so I assumed he and the show worked something out. Because Chandler is not leaving on his own accord. Apparently he just bought a house near where the show films.

by Anonymousreply 506February 20, 2018 12:12 AM

Thanks for the info R506; Chandler seemed like a decent kid the few times I saw him interviewed. Hope he does well wherever he winds up.

by Anonymousreply 507February 20, 2018 12:29 AM

I tried watching the last eight episodes but there was so much shooting and blather that I couldn't follow the plot and didn't really care either...

by Anonymousreply 508February 20, 2018 6:52 AM

If I remember correctly, chandler was going to attend Auburn University while filming the show. He was going to start last fall. But, since they killed him, he decided to defer college for a year, move to L.A., and work on his music. He does that electronic dance music stuff I think.

We'll see if he ever goes back to Georgia to go to college. I'm thinking he'll stay in L.A. And go to school there. I like the kid, too, and would be disappointed if he doesn't go on to college.

Whether he'll act again, who can say? He was a better actor when he was younger...

by Anonymousreply 509February 20, 2018 4:31 PM

Lauren's got an ABC pilot, she may return for season 9

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510February 22, 2018 3:18 AM

It's gutsy for them to say she "may" return, when she's currently not under any contract for season 9.

Any other character "may" also return for season 9.

by Anonymousreply 511February 22, 2018 2:00 PM

I hope she holds them ransom.

I'm sure they love having the power of making actors stay silent so they can keep their job. But tanking public opinion, how they treated Chandler and the fact that they are cheap, cheap, cheap, I am sure Lauren is like fuck it, I'm worth more. If you can't show me the money, then you find a way to write out a pregnant woman who is also a leader.

by Anonymousreply 512February 22, 2018 2:23 PM

[quote] If I remember correctly, chandler was going to attend Auburn University while filming the show.

Wow, Chandler should still go to Auburn. It's a great school with a great football team!

I'm gonna be really bummed to see his character die on Sunday night. I wonder who's gonna put him down, and how?

by Anonymousreply 513February 22, 2018 11:46 PM

Rick should do it. And they should bury him with his hat on.

by Anonymousreply 514February 23, 2018 1:51 AM

I think that Rick would suffer a mental break if he had to do it, R514.

Sort of like what happened when Lori died.

by Anonymousreply 515February 23, 2018 1:53 AM

Maybe, but as Carl's father he would feel it's his job to do it. The only other person I could see him allowing to do it would be michonne.

by Anonymousreply 516February 23, 2018 1:58 AM

It is AMAZING how many trials and Zombies Carl has slayed that he has still managed to hang on to that hat

by Anonymousreply 517February 23, 2018 2:04 AM

The episode where Austin Nichols dies is on now. I feel like people didn't talk enough about how hot his ass looked in those pants.

by Anonymousreply 518February 25, 2018 6:27 AM

I honestly can't believe how short-sighted and frankly, DUMB, the show runners are for TWD.

Killing Carl is going to prove to be one of the worst decisions they ever made.

Not only is he one of merely two young people on this show, but there were so many different directions they could have taken his character.

As I was watching the marathon, I was thinking how they could have made him a psycho killer, they could have had him run over to Negan's side and become an "apprentice" to Negan, thereby creating conflict with Rick. They could have made him branch out on his own and form his own group, or they could have had him challenge his father for leadership of Alexandria., etc., etc.

When I think of the potential of his character, it completely boggles my mind that they would kill off Carl, and keep Eugene and Rosarita. Unbelievable. They are two extremely unlikeable characters, along with Negan. Carl wasn't the most popular character on the show, but he certainly wasn't hated.

As I said, this decision is probably going to be the final nail in the coffin of this show. Ratings are going to tank.

by Anonymousreply 519February 25, 2018 11:47 AM

Carl dies.... tonight.

by Anonymousreply 520February 25, 2018 10:39 PM

Why did they have to kill off Daniel Newman (the hot redhead from "The Kingdom")?

He's a very attractive out gay/bi man, and they could use more on this damned show.

Here he is with his boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521February 25, 2018 10:49 PM

Here's the article where Daniel Newman comes out as bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522February 25, 2018 10:49 PM

Is anyone watching the premiere?

Guess you're all watching Big Brother, lol.

by Anonymousreply 523February 26, 2018 12:51 AM

Bye bye Carl.

by Anonymousreply 524February 26, 2018 1:06 AM

He seems okay with dying. That's cool.

But you know he's going to tell Rick not to kill Negan, and Rick will listen for some dumbass reason. That guy has got to go.

by Anonymousreply 525February 26, 2018 1:08 AM

Carol just sort of attracts litte kids doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 526February 26, 2018 1:14 AM

Damn Morgan. I didn't watch last season, but I guess he's not Mr. Peaceful anymore if he's pulling out intestines.

Carl's dragged out death is making it less sad. I'm okay with that.

by Anonymousreply 527February 26, 2018 1:57 AM

R527, please don't tell me that they stretched his death out over two episodes.

by Anonymousreply 528February 26, 2018 3:10 AM

No, he's dead and buried by the end of this episode. It is an hour and a half long, though, so it felt like two.

by Anonymousreply 529February 26, 2018 3:23 AM

Who had to put him down before he turned? Michonne?

by Anonymousreply 530February 26, 2018 3:35 AM

Carl opted to shoot himself in the head so Rick or Michonne didn't have to. They were waiting outside the building and we heard a 'pew' signaling that Carl did it.

It reminded me of a Star Wars blaster noise and kind of made me laugh. I think they should have gone with an unsilenced shot. More of an impact for the viewer...

by Anonymousreply 531February 26, 2018 3:43 AM

The worst part is the after show, watched the first few minutes and Hardwick was acting like one of his relatives died

by Anonymousreply 532February 26, 2018 4:00 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't care if they kill off Maggie? Her character is boring. Pretty much all of the female characters have been boring except for Carol. Michonne used to be interesting when she first showed up but she got boring too. Maybe getting a female showrunner for next season will add some depth to the female characters.

I get what everyone is saying about things going downhill the last couple of seasons but I am holding out hope that the new showrunner will shake things up a bit and get the focus back to good storytelling next season.

by Anonymousreply 533February 26, 2018 4:24 AM

Carol is the only real reason I still occasionally watch this. I want to see where she ends up. And I want her back with Daryl, Rick, Michonne. I saw a preview where they reunite at the hilltop, I believe, so that's promising. Get that group back together.

Tonight's ep was enjoyable b/c it was 99.9% Neganless.

by Anonymousreply 534February 26, 2018 4:30 AM

Hit the road one eyed Jack! I will not miss Carl and his dopey hat.

by Anonymousreply 535February 26, 2018 4:44 AM

Carl may be gone, but the hat lives on! I bet we'll see Rick sniff it at some point this season. Essence of Carl is all over that thing.

by Anonymousreply 536February 26, 2018 5:38 AM

Am I the only one getting a gay vibe from Chandler on Talking Dead?

by Anonymousreply 537February 26, 2018 5:41 AM

Does Negan end up getting an image rehab because he was in Carl's dream in the garden at the end greeting Judith

by Anonymousreply 538February 26, 2018 6:39 AM

Probably, R538.

I think that the show is getting the message loud and clear that people HATE Negan, and they're trying to save Jeffrey Dean Morgan's job. Basically, there is no show if there is no Negan, because he's a huge part of the comic books, and Kirkman isn't going to kill him off.

This episode was really sad. Chandler was really doing a great job acting, and it's the first episode in a very, very long time that I bothered to sit through the whole thing.

This may be the last one I watch, because now that there's no Carl, I don't see the point in watching anymore. Carl was basically Rick's motivation for doing anything, and now that he's gone, the show is over.

The writers worked overtime trying to keep viewers, by having Carl say, "Dad, you have to keep on going... for me." But I saw right through it. It was an attempt to persuade viewers to keep watching, even though they killed off the central character of the comic books.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

by Anonymousreply 539February 26, 2018 1:15 PM

Negan does redeem himself in the comics, at least from what I have been told. Rick doesn't kill him, instead takes him prisoner and after a while Negan becomes part of the community.

by Anonymousreply 540February 26, 2018 1:19 PM

What a dumb way for Carl to die.

He had multiple opportunities to kill that walker, and how did it bite him on his stomach? It would have gone for his neck/arm/face first.

When I think of the multitude of horrific situations that Carl has been in, over the course of 8 seasons, having him get bitten by a walker in the forest was INCREDIBLY LAME.

by Anonymousreply 541February 26, 2018 1:31 PM

I kind of liked that it was a random walker bite that did it. He's been fighting them for years, and gotten into tight scrapes, but this time was unlucky. It's like he told Rick, 'it just happened.'

He didn't sacrifice himself like Sasha, go out swinging like Merle, or get a a big death like Glenn or Abraham- all caused by humans- it was a walker that got him. I think it was good to let a zombie get a main character.

Carl was fighting two walkers. He pushed the first one off him to the side, and when it leaned back towards him to bite, he was lined up to Carl's rib area. That made sense. It wasn't the walker on top of him that bit him.

by Anonymousreply 542February 26, 2018 3:36 PM

If they keep Negan, how will that be explained to Maggie. I guess that will give Lauren a way out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 543February 26, 2018 6:48 PM

Scott Gimple let the power go to his head as TWD got more popular. They shouldn't have killed off Carl. There are so many other fringe characters they could have eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 544February 26, 2018 7:07 PM

But nobody cares about fringe characters.

by Anonymousreply 545February 26, 2018 7:10 PM

It's the drawback to today's trend in TV and movies of trying to shock audiences with "Anyone can die!" "Everything changes!". There are certain core characters and drastically changing the nature of a TV show doesn't make it better.

by Anonymousreply 546February 26, 2018 8:02 PM

Another one who doesn't care about Maggie. I find her annoying. Give her screen time to Carol. Totally bored last night. So now Morgan wants to kill everything. The writers need to get their shit together. I can't even remember where they are with the fighting and who is in or out.

I didn't really care for Carl's character, but it was just a shit way to try to save crap writing. And to save the Negan character. After the mid season finale some tv critic said to get used to Negan. The writers know Lincoln wants to leave and the show is going to be Negan's even if most fans hate the character. That is why they got rid of Carl. They signed up JDM with this in mind and it was a long term contract. Probably why the don't care about the Maggie character dying.

by Anonymousreply 547February 26, 2018 9:02 PM

How far along in the pregnancy is Maggie? Even if she dies, might the baby survive if they cut it out of her?

by Anonymousreply 548February 26, 2018 9:17 PM

If that's true R547, then don't expect the show to go on for much longer.

No one will watch the "Negan show," and even less so without Andrew Lincoln.

by Anonymousreply 549February 26, 2018 9:56 PM

Maggie's been pregnant for 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 550February 26, 2018 10:17 PM

Thought the latest episode was pretty good. Mostly because most of the annoying characters were not featured.

Loved bad ass Carol, even though she would've been quite good in the sewers with Rick and Carl considering she lost her daughter and killed her pseudo daughter.

I sure hope that 'dream' is not reality because I am sooooooo looking forward to seeing Eugene die a slow and painful death. The sooner, the better.

Carl's impending death was well played. Kudos to Andrew Lincoln for not overplaying it ('Caaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrllllllllllll'). It was effective for Carl to recall and regret his short lived psycho days. And to try to convince Rick he could change back to being a leader who didn't have to fight and kill others.

During the Carol and Morgan scenes, I had no fucking idea who Henry is. I guess he may be the new psycho Carl.

Here's hoping they'll get rid of annoying Negan soon, but honestly it doesn't seem they're set up for a new big bad yet. Ugh.

This episode was pretty promising and satisfying. Let's hope they've turned a corner here.

by Anonymousreply 551February 26, 2018 11:23 PM

[quote] I sure hope that 'dream' is not reality because I am sooooooo looking forward to seeing Eugene die a slow and painful death. The sooner, the better.

Same here. I would love nothing more than to see Eugene, Negan, and Rosita tossed into a pit of walkers and chewed up over the course of a week.

Unfortunately, I think that the "dream" was meant to rehab Eugene and Negan's images, because they are both so unlikeable.

It also tells me that the show intends on keeping them on for a long, long time.

Yet another casting mistake.

by Anonymousreply 552February 26, 2018 11:34 PM

Eugene and his ugly mullet, Negan and JDM's hammy acting and Rosalita and her cunty face are all annoying and deserved to be eaten.

by Anonymousreply 553February 27, 2018 1:47 AM

R552, but remember there was a happily ever after dream sequence with the whole gAng including Glenn and Abraham right before they died.

by Anonymousreply 554February 27, 2018 2:18 AM

The dream is just a softening of Rick and yeah, I think Negan and Eugene are in it for the long haul. The fanboys love Negan.

by Anonymousreply 555February 27, 2018 2:21 AM

I watched the last episode of TWD last night. The death of Carl is wrong. The behind the scenes real life politics of deciding to just kill off Chandler Riggs' character to avoid giving him more money speaks volumes about Gimple and AMC. They'd rather kill a kid who has been on the show since day fucking one, over money.

It was fun watching TWD for all this time, but the past two years has been an emotional roller coaster and I'm tired of the head games.

To those of you who plan to remain faithful, have fun and enjoy. Yes, it's just a TV show, but a show that most of us have invested 8 years of our lives watching. I'm done with it.

by Anonymousreply 556February 27, 2018 2:51 AM

My sentiments exactly, R556.

The producers love saying that they killed off a character "to advance the plot and the story," but it's all bullshit.

It's only about money.

There was absolutely no reason to kill off Carl.

by Anonymousreply 557February 27, 2018 3:45 AM

How much was the kid asking? Did he want to be paid equal to Andy and Norman? We're his parents being unreasonable/pushy? Maybe Gimple just got tired of them and booted Carl.

by Anonymousreply 558February 27, 2018 5:56 AM

I honestly haven't met one person or read one review where someone has praised Morgan's portrayal of Negan.

These fanboys must be shills paid by AMC or given free TWD merch.

by Anonymousreply 559February 27, 2018 6:12 AM

Early reviews of Negan were probably more positive, but he's worn out his welcome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560February 27, 2018 6:15 AM

R558 From what I understood about Riggs, he had purchased a house and postponed college on the word of Gimple that he would be around for awhile as Carl. His father went on a tirade on social media at sometime last year about them ambushing his son with being written off the show.

I have no direct knowledge of this, but I think that may be part of the reason Gimple's position changed on the show.

by Anonymousreply 561February 27, 2018 1:21 PM

Hmm, that doesn't really give an answer as to why Gimple killed off Carl. Just means chandler and his fmily were upset when they heard the news after the decision had been made. understandable.

Why do people think its about money? Maybe he really did want to do something completely shocking and different on the show.

I don't like the guy, btw, he gives off a dickish vibe whenever I've seen him on TTD. I think this was a bad move for the show.

by Anonymousreply 562February 27, 2018 2:15 PM

It WAS about money.

All this time, Chandler Riggs was paid a salary as a 'minor'. When he turned 18 last June, he was legally an adult, and per SAG rules or whatever, he was entitled to being paid 'adult' salary, not minor salary as he was the previous 7 years. AMC and Gimble didn't want to pay him more. He wasn't asking for Andrew's salary, but being paid now as an adult.

AMC and Gimble said fuck that, we'll just kill you to save those few thousand bucks.

I can't support a show that treats its talent like this.

by Anonymousreply 563February 27, 2018 2:44 PM

Wow, that is so fucking shitty R563, even for AMC.

I disliked them from the beginning for firing Darabont (who made the show the sensation that it later became), and then later for firing all of the Darabont loyalists like Dale and Andrea, who had previously worked in Darabont movies.

Then they started cheaping out on the sets and started making the cast film in the woods, which is why all we ever see them do is trudge through the forest or fake little abandoned towns - as if cities never existed.

But firing Chandler - one of the main characters of the show, just because he turned 18 and they had to pay him a little more - that's lowdown and dirty.

This show can't end fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 564February 27, 2018 3:18 PM

‘Walking Dead’ Season 8 Midseason Premiere Is Show’s Lowest-Rated Ever

“The Walking Dead” Season 8 midseason premiere continued to suffer the ratings woes that have plagued the rest of the season.

According to Nielsen Live+Same Day data, Sunday’s premiere drew a 3.6 rating in adults 18-49 and 8.3 million viewers. That is up slightly from the midseason finale ratings (3.4, 7.9 million) in December, but was still the lowest-rated “Walking Dead” midseason premiere to date.

The drop off comes despite the fact that a major character departed the show during the episode after revealing a walker bite in the midseason finale.

Previously, the Season 8 midseason finale was the hit show’s lowest-rated since Season 2. The Season 8 premiere was also the show’s lowest-rated since its third season, despite the fact that the Season 8 opener was also the show’s 100th episode.

In January, AMC announced that series showrunner Scott Gimple is being elevated to the newly created role of chief content officer, overseeing the entire “Walking Dead” television universe, including “The Walking Dead,” “Fear the Walking Dead,” and potential brand extensions on a variety of platforms. Angela Kang, who has been a writer on the show since 2011 and co-executive producer since 2013, is being promoted by Gimple to executive producer and showrunner of “The Walking Dead,” starting with Season 9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565February 27, 2018 11:50 PM

Good. They deserve it. Many of us have been faithful to the show. But the shitty Negan story and how they treated Riggs just goes to show how you lose loyal fans.

by Anonymousreply 566February 27, 2018 11:55 PM

Now the asshole is going to ruin Fear The Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 567February 28, 2018 12:02 AM

I hate them for what they did to Carl (and Chandler). I'll definitely stop watching.

Also, I don't want Morgan and Simple Gimple on Fear the Walking Dead. They'll ruin it. I just know it.

by Anonymousreply 568February 28, 2018 12:09 AM

I thought it was going to be Abraham that went over to Fear. I wasn't expecting it to be Morgan. So where they are in the timeline would it be before or after his son Duane was killed?

by Anonymousreply 569February 28, 2018 3:38 AM

After R569

by Anonymousreply 570February 28, 2018 3:38 AM

Shit. I figured AMC would be fine as long as the show did between 8-10 million viewers but they are just barely doing that.

End it with season 9.

by Anonymousreply 571February 28, 2018 4:46 AM

I'm curious to see how much it will fall next week.

by Anonymousreply 572February 28, 2018 5:08 AM

"The drop off comes despite the fact that a major character departed the show during the episode after revealing a walker bite in the midseason finale."

Duh, dipshit reporter. Dare you surmise that the reason why people didn't want to watch is because of the very fact that a beloved young character was being killed off? Who the fuck wanted to watch a kid, the main protagonist's only child fucking die?

by Anonymousreply 573February 28, 2018 5:41 AM

The show definitely sucks now but killing off Carl shouldn't be such an outrage to the fans. If it shakes up the stale premise a bit, good. That kid wasn't a very multifaceted actor so I'm not convinced there was much left for that character to do. And the season premiere was such a boring, self indulgent, convoluted mess. All the endless, wordless montages made me wish someone would've just stabbed Carl in the head and ended that 90 minute snooze fest about 40 minutes earlier. And The King has become unbearable with his ridiculous Bible speak. Isn't that character a janitor from a zoo?

by Anonymousreply 574February 28, 2018 11:22 AM

Is it safe to assume that nobody will be watching this show on Sunday?

And R574, it's not Chandler's fault for the long, drawn out death scene. Blame the writers. The actors just read the fucking lines.

by Anonymousreply 575March 4, 2018 2:16 PM

This is going to be a Negan-centric episode. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 576March 4, 2018 7:57 PM

I don't care about award shows (except hoping that Chalamet wins), so I'll be watching TWD.

by Anonymousreply 577March 4, 2018 8:46 PM

The Oscars will be over by the time TWD starts here, so I'll probably be watching.

by Anonymousreply 578March 4, 2018 8:59 PM

What did I just watch? I zoned out for a minute and the next thing that happens is Jadiss speaking normally, wearing a white nightgown, then watching as a bunch of walkers fall into a giant grinder and become Soylent Green. What happened? And what was the deal with the blue paint that Simon had on his boot? The camera focused on it like it was significant.

by Anonymousreply 579March 5, 2018 2:58 AM

Buh Bye Garbage Pail KIds

by Anonymousreply 580March 5, 2018 3:01 AM

decent show. R579, Simon disobeyed Negan and killed the trash p people except for the leader. She was trapped and Ricj left her there to die, so she had to kill her zombie trash friends.

by Anonymousreply 581March 5, 2018 5:10 AM

It was out of character for Simon to go all Rambo against Negan's orders but I am grateful that we no longer have to deal with the silly garbage people. Are they setting him up to lead a faction of Saviors who are unhappy with Negan thus causing Negan to make a truce with Rick? Where would Jadis be welcome? She can't go near the Saviors. Or HIlltop. Or the Kingdom. Is Rick going to do another really stupid turn around and take her in after he left her to die? For Carrrl? Bitch, please. She cannot be trusted. I like the new lean, mean, killing machine version of Maggie. She knows what needs to be done. Regarding Rigg's. He did not look happy on his swan song appearance on TTD. Wasn't even trying to pretend that he wasn't fucked over. As usual, Hardwick straddled the fence on his Riggs/Carl porn grief and kissing the asses, read Kirkman and AMC, that feed him.

by Anonymousreply 582March 5, 2018 9:11 AM

What is Aaron doing? Hanging out in the woods trying to talk to some Oceanside people? Doesnt sound so smart.

Maybe Janis can go over to oceanside.

by Anonymousreply 583March 5, 2018 2:58 PM

Does the DL think Jadis will become the Alpha character?

by Anonymousreply 584March 5, 2018 10:42 PM

Who is Simon? I've lost track…

by Anonymousreply 585March 6, 2018 12:26 AM

Negan's right hand man. Crazy eyes. Getting pissed at Negan. Misbehaving lately. Wants to kill the alexandrians, hilltoppers, and kingdomers and find new groups to 'save'.

by Anonymousreply 586March 6, 2018 1:07 AM

Isn't Jeffrey Dean Morgan embarrassed at his "acting" in thus series? It's nearly unwatchable...

by Anonymousreply 587March 6, 2018 1:56 AM

When Jadis lured her zombie trash people into the industrial shredder, she stood right next to it with her mouth gaping open. I was afraid bits of blood and flesh would be flung into her mouth, but she and her white nightie somehow escaped the splatter. Why was she walking around barefoot?

by Anonymousreply 588March 6, 2018 4:45 AM

I get what you guys are saying but It's not JDMs fault his character is so over the top. I read an article a little while back about how a lot of the decline of the show can really be traced back to the comics. As time when on the comics became more and more outlandish and cartoonish rather than being focused on what real people would do when society breaks down and they are facing these life threatening situations. You have these over the top characters like the cannibals, Negan and Ezekiel with his tiger which is just outlandish. It's like Kirkman had to find ways of topping The Governor and the story gets boring if they are just evading zombies all day so he comes up with this crazy and outrageous stuff.

Of course the show can and does differ from the comics when it wants to. And from what I understand the junkyard people aren't in the comics so the show writers add some outlandish characters of their own but I think all of the weirdos and cartoonish characters and scenarios are really what is ruining the show. We see Jadis has dropped her schtick and same with Ezekiel after Shiva died so going forward maybe they'll be better characters (I do like Ezekiel and I hope he doesn't meet his comic fate any time soon...) and we'll see if Negan gets toned down a little too. It sounds kinda silly to want realism in a zombie apocalypse show but it was better when the characters were more realistic.

From what I've heard about the comics (I've never read them, I just have a friend who tells me what happens.) there is another group of weirdos in the futures so it'll be interesting to see how the new show runner handles them.

by Anonymousreply 589March 6, 2018 11:24 AM

They need to take them out of Georgia and somewhere interesting instead of all this wandering outside.

by Anonymousreply 590March 6, 2018 1:41 PM

r590 that would be the best thing to do, but AMC are such cheap fucks they don't want to spend the money.

by Anonymousreply 591March 6, 2018 3:19 PM

Like Carl, this thread won't last another episode, so here's Part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592March 6, 2018 7:16 PM

They've been in Virginia four seasons. AMC is too cheap to show post apocalypse DC.

by Anonymousreply 593March 6, 2018 7:24 PM

R591 and R593 nailed it.

All you're gonna get are junk yards, woods, and abandoned parking lots filled with cars.

If you're lucky, you get to see an abandoned school or something, every once in a while.

Worst fucking scenery and set on any show.... EVER.

by Anonymousreply 594March 6, 2018 7:56 PM

I find it strange how the show can kill of the entire Kingdom and Junkyard characters in two separate episodes.

To me, that just screams lazy writing and cast overload.

It's pretty clear that the show runners have no idea what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 595March 7, 2018 7:11 PM

It's ridiculous that Maggie is still not showing her pregnancy yet. But it may not matter much if Lauren Cohan doesn't get that raise she requested and books it from the show.

by Anonymousreply 596March 12, 2018 2:05 AM

Who was that baby at the Hilltop? It wasn't Judith b/c shes a toddler now. One of the hilltopper's kids?

by Anonymousreply 597March 12, 2018 2:27 AM

Thread

by Anonymousreply 598March 12, 2018 1:52 PM

Here's a Part 2 thread, but not sure if it's still necessary at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 12, 2018 1:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!