Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sarah Jessica Parker's daily requests to her staff

Parker instructs staffers to refill a tiny 1.75-ounce container of Vaseline with a small spoon or knife for her children’s use. She stresses that the refill jar not be too big (so as to not clutter the house), and that the cutlery used to handle the Vaseline must be hand-washed using a paper towel followed by a cycle in the dishwasher.

She also requests that a bottle of face wash and Neutrogena body wash be continually replenished for her 14-year-old son, James Wilkie, in his personal shower.

But for those looking for a shortcut, no such luck. Parker insists the staff not buy multiples of anything and instead prefers them to check the levels of each product daily, replacing only once the product has completely run out.

When the New York City-based family was plagued with pinkeye, Parker sent the team instructions on how eyedrops should be administered, including how hard the children should blink.

Another email Collins read from features the family’s shopping list for Taco Tuesday, which included “Whatever meat goes in tacos.”

by Anonymousreply 22810/23/2017

NOT TUNA!! I REPEAT, DO NOT PUT TUNA IN THE TACOS!

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2017

She is such a bossy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2017

It doesn't sound that bad, and whoever Michelle Collins is, she sounds like a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2017

and people wonder why I always seem so depressed

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2017

Her ploy to intimidate Kim Cattrall publicly into doing the third Sex in the City movie clearly backfired. Now everyone knows that the rumors about the two of them hating each other are true, which obviously taints the "brand."

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2017

I trust Michelle Collins on this one.

I don't hate SJP, or Matthew. But because of the way she grew up (arty, unstable parents who raised their children in near poverty), SJP is a consummate control freak. And frankly, obsessed with money. She's brought more bucks to the relationship than Matthew, and she calls the shots.

I'm not at all surprised she's a nightmare to work for. Ask her SATC co-stars about how micro-managing she can be.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2017

More Vaseline, Mom!

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2017

Horse joke

She looks like a horse

Horse joke

She looks like a horse

Horse joke

Etc.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2017

I don't understand why Sarah Jessica Parker and the producers place so much importance on the Samantha character for a third film. She was the most basic, unrealistically written character, who easily could have been written out of the storyline, and the die-hard fans would have still gone to seen it.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2017

I know a woman who was an extra on a few SATC episodes. She said SJP was very nice to the women but stand offish with the men.

Were they all hitting on her?

Broderick does come across now as such a sad sack. Still remember when he was one of Broadway's brightest stars and seemed happy at his good fortune.

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2017

"Horse joke"

Please find all needles in the hay stack.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2017

[quote]Her ploy to intimidate Kim Cattrall publicly into doing the third Sex in the City movie clearly backfired

what did she do?

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2017

Samantha was the best. The others were whiny characters.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2017

DO IT YOUR FUCKING SELF!

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2017

Hello, I'm Sarah Jessica Parker

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2017

It seemed shady and contrived that SJP and Mathew came out wearing perfectly color-coordinated matching outfits when they spoke to the press about rumors Matthew was cheating.

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2017

Check the levels every day.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2017

Why can’t the son go get a new body wash out of the cupboard when it runs out?

He’s going to be a nightmare cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2017

DON'T BUY EXTRA!

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2017

[quote] Why can’t the son go get a new body wash out of the cupboard when it runs out?

He's totally gay

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2017

He's 14 and she's treating him like this? The help should tell him to go to fucking Duane Reade and get it himself.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2017

I was naive as a kid and used to think that being a personal assistant to a celebrity would somehow be a cool job. Now I think it would be a total nightmare, and I would never last a month.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2017

He looks more like Son of Jake than Son of Matt.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2017

Their heads are huge. Is that just the way the photo was taken?

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2017

Omg r15...I laughed so hard ...I popped my back

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2017

Broderick looks like a stroke waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2017

the twins are different sizes

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2017

Kim cattrall...yes please!

SJP...umm, no thanks

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2017

SJP is a smart cookie. She's been freaking out (publicly) over SATC III not happening because she assumed it would be a huge (final) payout from the series.

HBO renewed DIVORCE for another season, largely as a measure of respect, but the series has no critical buzz and no real viewership. Her film career is largely dead. She's been keeping her family afloat for as long as she can, but honestly, what else can she do? No one wants to watch Carrie Bradshaw grow older by the minute.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2017

Are the twins their bio kids?

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2017

Doesn't she get boat loads of money from reruns?

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2017

None of those tasks are especially difficult, and keep in mind the staff is getting paid for it. It's not like they're Filipino slaves in Dubai.

I will say however, that refilling the containers instead of just buying a new bottle, and refusing to keep multiples is kind of strange (maybe she buys the refill in bulk which is cheaper). Why do children need that much Vaseline anyway?

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2017

I have an inkling why the son needs it

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2017

This list is nothing compared to other celebs/rich people. I don't get the SJP hate.

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2017

Pssssssst........ the Vaseline is actually for Mathew

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2017

R23 that kid looks like he could be Michael Rapoport's.

Get him some Cumberland Farms 99 cent coffee, stat!

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2017

So sensible.

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2017

Such an ugly woman should never have powers over others.

by Anonymousreply 3810/12/2017

I've had the same tub of Vaseline for like 20 years and I've barely made a dent in it.

by Anonymousreply 3910/12/2017

[quote] Broderick does come across now as such a sad sack.

I went to one of those "Evening With" interviews where Broderick and his prep school friend basically chatted with each other for 90 minutes. He came across as spoiled and snobby. One of those "both my parents were artists and I'm an artist so I'm special" types

by Anonymousreply 4010/12/2017

I don't hate her but she does seem like a handful. And Matthew seems what at one time would have been called hen pecked.

by Anonymousreply 4110/12/2017

No jokes about Broderick's vehicular double homicide? Or do you all just prefer tired "SJP looks like a horse" jokes?

by Anonymousreply 4210/12/2017

I met her briefly in the 90s, before SATC and she was very down-to-earth and friendly.

Since then, she has made hundreds of millions from her perfumes, not including her Sex in the City royalties. Now she reminds me of Madonna in interviews when she comes across as very entitled, and everything she says is deliberate and planned.

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2017

I can't believe their son is 14 already. Im getting OLD

by Anonymousreply 4410/12/2017

I'll always remember his stain of vehicular manslaughter. You?

by Anonymousreply 4510/12/2017

R39 I remember my gma's shower having the exact same bottle of Wella Balsam shampoo for as long as I knew her up until her death, which was about 15 years. Back in the day, women only washed their hair about once a month (usually at a salon before a cut and style).

by Anonymousreply 4610/12/2017

[quote]Are the twins their bio kids?

they used a surrogate mother

by Anonymousreply 4710/12/2017

Gma, R46? Like Tony Soprano's "girlfriends"?

by Anonymousreply 4810/12/2017

Matthew is a mess, and SJP has been doing damage control (fairly successfully) since the beginning of their relationship. I don't doubt her commitment to him.

It is astonishing that Broderick is still a commercial draw on Broadway. Frankly, it's astonishing he still works at all.

By many reports, he is hugely devoted to her and adores their kids. Obviously, they provide something for one another, whatever his sexual orientation and instability and her mania/control issues might indicate. Their kids appear normal and happy (relative to other fucked up NYC rich kids).

Whatevs.

by Anonymousreply 4910/12/2017

R43 She also has that line of shoes. I wonder how well they're doing. She seems to spend a lot of time shilling them.

by Anonymousreply 5010/12/2017

The shoes are doing well.

by Anonymousreply 5110/12/2017

Oh, look!

R42, who thinks we all need to go after Broderick in every thread about Parker (How about starting one on your own, you cunt?) has posted the following contributions here. Such a witty and wise woman, you hectoring twat. FUCK YOU. YOUR GAM GAM HATED YOU.

=======

None of those tasks are especially difficult, and keep in mind the staff is getting paid for it. It's not like they're Filipino slaves in Dubai.

I will say however, that refilling the containers instead of just buying a new bottle, and refusing to keep multiples is kind of strange (maybe she buys the refill in bulk which is cheaper). Why do children need that much Vaseline anyway?

No jokes about Broderick's vehicular double homicide? Or do you all just prefer tired "SJP looks like a horse" jokes? Sarah Jessica Parker's daily requests to her staff

R39 I remember my gma's shower having the exact same bottle of Wella Balsam shampoo for as long as I knew her up until her death, which was about 15 years. Back in the day, women only washed their hair about once a month (usually at a salon before a cut and style).

by Anonymousreply 5210/12/2017

These frequent leaks of stars requests and riders are sometimes outrageous. The vaseline thing is a bit much and sounds completely made up.

But I realize how procedural most people are about running their homes. Especially people with that many kids. When you get down to it, most of us would seem pretty demanding if we had to hand off our menial chores and preferences to the full time assistant or housekeeper.

by Anonymousreply 5310/12/2017

[QUOTE]This list is nothing compared to other celebs/rich people.

We don’t know how long the list is really. Nor what else is required of them that may not even be on a list.

by Anonymousreply 5410/12/2017

A lot of that shit the son should be doing for himself.

How ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 5510/12/2017

I would think that whoever leaked this story would be obvious. Famous people are very careful about who they let into their homes, and interact with their children.

by Anonymousreply 5610/12/2017

Lol R51. Omg it never FAILS for me. I’ve been laughing at SJP horse jokes here for well over a decade.

by Anonymousreply 5710/12/2017

I like Bab's rose petals in the toilet command.

If you've got to take a dump like Vesuvius about to explode you want rose petals in the magma.

by Anonymousreply 5810/12/2017

R57 aim higher.

by Anonymousreply 5910/12/2017

It's hard to decide who would be the biggest nightmare to work for as a personal assistant.

Barbra Streisand? Madonna? Martha Stewart? Mariah Carey? Courtney Love?

by Anonymousreply 6010/12/2017

You'd have to know where the bodies were buried and lord it over them.

by Anonymousreply 6110/12/2017

The girls look so much like her.

Is Matthew even the father?

by Anonymousreply 6210/12/2017

I wonder how much the role of Vaseline replenisher pays? I could do that job.

by Anonymousreply 6310/12/2017

In what ways is Broderick a mess? Curious.

by Anonymousreply 6410/12/2017

Are people implying Matthew Broderick is gay?

by Anonymousreply 6510/12/2017

The only celebrities who would be tolerable to work for as a personal assistant are the ones who are huge stoners, like Snoop, Andy Cohen, or Rihanna.

by Anonymousreply 6610/12/2017

Remember the SATC scene where Carrie runs into Aiden and he has the kid strapped to his chest? That was James Wilkie. I actually think the kid's reaction was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 6710/12/2017

Wait, who needs rose petals in their toilet? That's insane. And I don't think that is an " implication" doll.

by Anonymousreply 6810/12/2017

I know someone who interviewed to be part of Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick's household staff. My friend had a positive impression of the couple and thought they seemed like very good parents. However, SJP had a very hands-on management style and wanted to oversee every detail, so my friend was relieved not to be offered the job. The friend didn't elaborate further, but responsibilities like refilling body wash and scooping Vaseline into a jar with a spoon would have been deal breakers for this person.

by Anonymousreply 6910/12/2017

R52 is cranky because she ran out of Vaseline

by Anonymousreply 7010/12/2017

Sure are a lot of prissy boring cunts here (R42 and R57 with her eight smug and dull posts leading the pack) who think they can complain about other people enjoying a TV loser.

Why, of COURSE we can all find her wonderful for her excitement at the recent eclipse. Which she had to post.

Whinny. Snort.

by Anonymousreply 7110/12/2017

I know a guy who interviewed with Kate Walsh to be her personal assistant. He had no interest in the job after hearing the responsibilities, and told her so. She begged him to take it, even offering to buy him an Escalade.

by Anonymousreply 7210/12/2017

It's good to keep Vaseline in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 7310/12/2017

Interesting r72, was this before or after her 2015 brain cancer diagnosis and surgery?

by Anonymousreply 7410/12/2017

#7 Bottles of shampoo, regardless of brand, will always be emptied and refilled with Mane 'n Tail.

by Anonymousreply 7510/12/2017

Little Vaseline jars, no multiples... sounds like she's just really opposed to clutter. Doesn't sound too unreasonable.

Isn't Matthew gay?

by Anonymousreply 7610/12/2017

The horror.....𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7710/12/2017

Why is this the first I'm hearing of Matthew rumors?

by Anonymousreply 7810/12/2017

There have been Matthew rumors for years. SJP sounds like a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 7910/12/2017

" refilling body wash and scooping Vaseline into a jar with a spoon would have been deal breakers for this person"

refilling body wash and scooping Vaseline into a jar with a spoon would have been deal breakers for any person.

by Anonymousreply 8010/12/2017

Send to 275 West 11th Street, New York, NY 10014.

by Anonymousreply 8110/12/2017

The PASSERSBY!!!

by Anonymousreply 8210/12/2017

I don’t own any little humans myself, but doesn’t it make sense to give them a small amount of Vaseline instead of a big jar to prevent them from making a mess?

I can also see why you would wash off the Vaseline first before sticking the spoon in the dishwasher. There’s nothing shocking in this article.

by Anonymousreply 8310/12/2017

[quote]Another email Collins read from features the family’s shopping list for Taco Tuesday, which included “Whatever meat goes in tacos.”

That would exclude her husband. His meat hasn't been inside a taco in decades.

by Anonymousreply 8410/12/2017

Obviously she is an ignorant bitch...I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 8510/12/2017

She's stubborn like a mule.

by Anonymousreply 8610/12/2017

what are the kids using Vaseline for? If it is for their lips why not just give them a chapstick?

by Anonymousreply 8710/12/2017

r87 It's to help their heads fit through narrow doorways.

by Anonymousreply 8810/12/2017

Seems odd to be so concerned about staff buying duplicates to have in stock when one runs out.

Everyone talking about clutter - this is Sarah Jessica Parkers west village townhome . It's large. Not only that they bought the place next door and are combining both homes to make a west village mansion.

She only has 3 kids. There should be no issues with "clutter" because the staff bought a couple medium sized jars of Vaseline

And who uses that much vaseline anyway?

by Anonymousreply 8910/12/2017

SJP was always very meticulous. I used to see her at a Target in NJ I worked at as a teen. This was like early 90s. She was sort of famous then but not mega-famous. I knew who she was though. She was always buying cosmetics and lotions and soaps and stuff. She seemed very meticulous and would ask very specific questions. She was nice but seemed very neurotic and nervous.

by Anonymousreply 9010/12/2017

r3: Hi Sarah Jessica!

by Anonymousreply 9110/12/2017

oh and also emaciated. She was skinny like a concentration camp victim.

Probably had and eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 9210/12/2017

She reuses her silverware? Gross!

by Anonymousreply 9310/12/2017

r87, most people I know use vaseline as an after shower moisturizer.

by Anonymousreply 9410/12/2017

He's 14. He's using the vaseline for............

by Anonymousreply 9510/12/2017

I think she was raised to be very frugal. She was one of 8 kids, originally from the Appalachian town of Nelsonville, Ohio, which I've driven through: not much there. Eventually moved to Cincinnati (which she still visits) and then on to New York, and New Jersey, working as a child performer.

by Anonymousreply 9610/12/2017

I DON'T LIKE HER ANYMORE, SHE WAS DISRESPECTFUL TO KIM AND THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 9710/12/2017

r87 I can't imagine, Vaseline is so thick and greasy. Funny, my family had the same jar of Vaseline in the bathroom cabinet the whole time I grew up. Who knew it was a thing now?

by Anonymousreply 9810/12/2017

Kim Cattrall was a cringeworthy embarrassment in the second film, so she would be even worse in a third, at 60+. Her character was supposed to an analog for a gay male, and if s/he is still sex mad and trolling for hookups, that would be unbearable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 9910/12/2017

I don't see anything at all unusual or over the top about any of these requests. If I had money, I'd be worse probably.

by Anonymousreply 10010/12/2017

Vaseline is disgusting. You can't wash that shit off for anything.

by Anonymousreply 10110/12/2017

Surely NOT, R46? Here in the Midwest, the women of that era went to the beauty shop once a week to get their hair washed and roller-set and would get a haircut (and color) every third or fourth visit and a permanent wave every three months. My grandmother had the same bottles of shampoo forever as well, but she had the above schedule.

by Anonymousreply 10210/12/2017

It was a different time. Vidal Sassoon said he remembers women coming in with head lice.

by Anonymousreply 10310/12/2017

Let them eat Vaseline!

by Anonymousreply 10410/13/2017

I would say she's as stubborn as a pair of mules.

by Anonymousreply 10510/13/2017

[quote]most people I know use vaseline as an after shower moisturizer.

Ewww. Don't want to know, or at least touch, your "most people."

by Anonymousreply 10610/13/2017

Her household products, for a big actress, scream B-A-S-I-C!

by Anonymousreply 10710/13/2017

That's why she's rich. Doesn't waste money.

by Anonymousreply 10810/13/2017

She's obviously a lady who likes things just so. I have no problem with that at all. She's paying their salaries. Unless she's abusing the staff they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to complain about. If they don't like their job duties they can leave.

by Anonymousreply 10910/13/2017

r107 Yeah, it doesn't get much more basic than Vaseline.

by Anonymousreply 11010/13/2017

The “whatever meat goes in tacos” to me just means, “I don’t care, but whatever you want”.

Now, if she had said “Chicken strips, from English vegetarian-fed chicken, that measure 3.25 inches x 0.75 inches for taco night”, I would have understood the frautrage.

by Anonymousreply 11110/13/2017

I LOVE vaseline - I have tried all sorts of lube (I am 53) and vaseline is all I use to masturbate with.

by Anonymousreply 11210/13/2017

Oh and no matter how cold it gets, my hands NEVER get chapped or cracked lol.

by Anonymousreply 11310/13/2017

SJP is tacky.

by Anonymousreply 11410/13/2017

I remember her saying before she put her perfume out how she loved cheap perfume from the drugstore.

by Anonymousreply 11510/13/2017

The vaseline refill thing is actually much more environmentally friendly than buying and throwing out more every time.

by Anonymousreply 11610/13/2017

Why do her kids need to be lubed up all the time? Do they engage in surprise anal a lot?

by Anonymousreply 11710/13/2017

[quote]I LOVE vaseline - I have tried all sorts of lube (I am 53) and vaseline is all I use to masturbate with.

Coconut oil, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11810/13/2017

Albolene, bitches....

Once you go Albolene, you'll never go back

by Anonymousreply 11910/13/2017

R16 when was that? I don't remember. I don't think this list is bad at all. She not telling people not to make eye contact, she wants the soap filled. I'd want the same thing if I had that kind of money

by Anonymousreply 12010/13/2017

I'm sure the Vaseline for the kids is in place of lip balm. I'm fine with her list. It's her bizarre raccoon meets space alien eye shadow she's been wearing the past 5 years or so. She needs a new make-up person.

by Anonymousreply 12110/13/2017

She makes them use Vaseline in place of real lip balm? This girl lives like she's from the hood or something!

by Anonymousreply 12210/13/2017

I don't see what the big deal is. If you have staff, especially an estate manager, this is what the get paid to do. You give them specific instructions on how you would like YOUR household run, and the comply. This is what is called a job. Do we all like doing every aspect of our job? Probably not, but we get a paycheck for doing things we don't necessarily like doing. Trust me, the demands of other celebrities are far worse than this.

by Anonymousreply 12310/13/2017

Yeah she seems to have an eyeliner fettish that makes her look really weird.

by Anonymousreply 12410/13/2017

The above-described obsessive behavior is merely a psychological symptom of a formerly 'poor girl, with a poor, disadvantaged childhood' obsessing about 'perfection and control' for perfection in her adult life. Hence her recent obsessive behavior toward KC's rejection of the SATC situation.

Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 12510/13/2017

R125, are you a psychologist with the National Enquirer?

by Anonymousreply 12610/13/2017

R88 had me snickering, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 12710/13/2017

No, R126 (SJP). It's me, KC.

by Anonymousreply 12810/13/2017

Not more vaseline tacos, mom!

by Anonymousreply 12910/13/2017

I still don't understand the requirement for cutlery, of whatever size. Is it considered gauche to dip one fingertip into a jar of Vaseline?

by Anonymousreply 13010/13/2017

Would you want someone else's fingers all up in the Vaseline you apply to your lips? I wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 13110/13/2017

Who cares what her demands are? She's paying her staff.

by Anonymousreply 13210/13/2017

I don't find this demanding at all. But Vaseline? And Neutrogena? Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 13310/13/2017

Why doesn't the boy take care of it at 14? What a useless sack of shit he'll turn out to be.

Does Matthew even fuck women? I don't believe he's touched her in ages, hence her neurosis with bottles and liquids and Vaseline. Interesting combo.

by Anonymousreply 13410/13/2017

Oh, Shit! "Vaseline" AND "Neutrogena"! New-Rich-Poor-GIrl's idea of "Luxury" skin care products!

by Anonymousreply 13510/13/2017

R135, KC?

by Anonymousreply 13610/13/2017

R135, Vaseline around the eyes before bed prevents wrinkles. Great for keeping lips moist and soft.

At 14, I was shopping for myself. If I needed skin care products, I'd go to Duane Reed's and buy them myself after school.

by Anonymousreply 13710/13/2017

[quote]Vidal Sassoon said he remembers women coming in with head lice.

But enough about Mrs. Radziwill.

by Anonymousreply 13810/13/2017

R136, please humor us: you're new here, right?

by Anonymousreply 13910/13/2017

R88, thanks for the laugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 14010/13/2017

I've never had strong feelings one way or the other about SJP, find it odd that some wannabe celeb finds... humor? Something... Some avenue for making money in mocking someone famous via private email. I'd love to see the wannabe's email.

by Anonymousreply 14110/13/2017

R139, no. I have no idea who KC is. I do not indulge in SJP. Keith Charles? Kevin Costner.

by Anonymousreply 14210/13/2017

I can understand her ex RDJ needing a compulsive whip-cracker like her to bring some control and order to the household, but Broderick?? I thought Broderick would prefer to live as a "confirmed bachelor with closemale roommate" low-key situation.

by Anonymousreply 14310/13/2017

I think thats called a Renner.

by Anonymousreply 14410/13/2017

Maybe the whole flower/petals in the toilet thing (and the like) has to do with making sure the help is actually paying attention.

-

As far as SJP, I think her requests are normal. I'm only surprised it's not some super expensive special gel found only in the Andes once a year or something.

She might be the type that when she likes an item, she likes it and will stick with it for a long time. Maybe she doesn't like the hassle of trying to find something else that works.

The little spoon thing, is probably because she only wants that spoon used for the Vaseline - she doesn't want it mixed up with the everyday utensils (I'd feel the same way). The size of the spoon could also that it's the right size to fit in a smaller container, making filling it easier.

by Anonymousreply 14510/13/2017

Her skin looks great at OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 14610/13/2017

What! No "Pink Himalayan Sea Salt" to complement the mandatory "Drained Pasta"!

by Anonymousreply 14710/13/2017

For a celeb, it's amazing how bad she looks, what with the unflattering, ageing hairdo and terrible makeup.

by Anonymousreply 14810/13/2017

When Q magazine did a profile of Courtney Love in the early 2000s, she had her assistant to wax her anus on the day of the interview.

by Anonymousreply 14910/13/2017

Yes, and Stevie Nicks' assistant had to blow her cocaine up her ass. Filling Vaseline jars doesn't seem so bad.

by Anonymousreply 15010/13/2017

When Dateline did a profile on Madonna, they had cameras following her all day. They said that 'in the morning Madonna enters the bathroom with one of her assistants"

by Anonymousreply 15110/13/2017

She wants a spokesperson contract with Vaseline and Neutrogena. This is pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 15210/13/2017

I'm guessing that the assistant who passed on SJP's emails is now history. Am surprised SJP doesn't have the standard non-disclosure confidentiality agreement for her staff. Re her long hair, it's designed to draw attention away from the face, much like Jennifer Aniston and Barbra. I recall the times she wore her hair up in SATC and it was not a good look for her.

by Anonymousreply 15310/13/2017

SJP, the original WTP.

"Vaseline" and "Neutrogena"! "Vaseline" and "Neutrogena"! "Vaseline" and "Neutrogena"!

by Anonymousreply 15410/13/2017

Heard that Michael Feinstein's assistants (he usually has two at a time) have to fish his larger dumps out of the toilet using a fishtank net and then place them in tupperwares in the garage. For posterity, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 15510/13/2017

Which celebrity has their assistant change their tampon?

by Anonymousreply 15610/14/2017

I ❤️ SJP

by Anonymousreply 15710/14/2017

I like the fact that she's a very wealthy woman who is smart enough to know the ridiculously high priced beauty products sold in department stores are made for fools with more money than sense.

I have a friend who used to spend $15.00 on a small bottle of pre shave beard softener. I gave him one of my bottles of VO5 hair conditioner I buy at Dollar Tree and told him to put some on his beard and then lather up over the conditioner one minute later and the razor would glide over his face like silk. He hasn't bought any expensive beard softener since. Expensive toiletries are for gullible people.

by Anonymousreply 15810/14/2017

What are the assistants scooping the Vaseline out of? A 55 gallon drum? There is still going to be a refill container and a refillable container. What is the purpose? It can't be about clutter, unless the assistants have to take the containers home with them.

by Anonymousreply 15910/14/2017

R155 you are beyond ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 16010/15/2017

Do they call the boy 'James' or the full 'James Wilkie'?

by Anonymousreply 16110/15/2017

So who is using so much vaseline that vaseline level maintenance is high on the to-do list?

by Anonymousreply 16210/15/2017

Why is she rationing the boy's Vaseline so obsessively? So he doesn't jerk off too often?

by Anonymousreply 16310/15/2017

I can't believe what a bitch she is to her sister. With all SJP's money there's no way her sister should have to be working so hard. Like she couldn't afford to buy her sister a nice little pasture somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 16410/15/2017

Does she divide her staff between outside and inside? Upstairs and downstairs and backstairs?

by Anonymousreply 16510/15/2017

Kim Cattrall, R142.

by Anonymousreply 16610/15/2017

I wonder if she takes pasta, cereal, rice etc. out of the original boxes and puts it in mason jars. Some people don't like the packaging and prefer a line of glass jars on a shelf.

by Anonymousreply 16710/15/2017

she's an avid swimmer she trains daily.

by Anonymousreply 16810/15/2017

those requests are a bit neurotic but nothing to write home about. Can you imagine GOOP's requests to her house assistants? The stuff of nightmares!

by Anonymousreply 16910/15/2017

A STUDY OF CHATEAU SUR MER Part I: The Wetmore Family and Domestic Life at Chateau sur Mer

takes a minute or two to load.

by Anonymousreply 17010/15/2017

I love Vaseline. Especially the little mini jars. So convenient!

by Anonymousreply 17110/15/2017

The only difference between SJP and any luxury hotel or other guest accommodation is that she's an individual person who has hired staff to perform certain duties.

What - is she supposed to just sit back and let employees do whatever they like in whatever manner they see fit? Frankly, I'd rather someone be clear about what they want than nitpicking after the fact. If those details are too meticulous, then don't work for her.

The specificity of what she wants is not greater than what you'd see at at 5-star hotel. It's not like the maids decided for themselves that the toilet paper needed to be folded every day in a certain way.

It's not a crime to be frugal or demand that other people not waste your money. It IS a high crime and misdemeanor on DL to be cheap or expect other people to pay for your luxury tastes or live beyond your means.

Although none of this makes her a better actress or more watchable.

by Anonymousreply 17210/15/2017

SJP's requests are like the Darfur orphan compared to Marlo Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 17310/15/2017

Marlo Thomas link please r173

by Anonymousreply 17410/15/2017

Go to Cosco and buy the body wash in the gallon jug. It has a larger version of the pumps on hand creams. Take a large jar of Vasoline and nuke it for about 20 seconds, until it gets warm on the sides. Dump into ziploc qt plastic bag, making sure not to get it on the zip lock. Snip a small corner and squeeze into the kids jar as it empties. No sense in The Help having to touch these products.

by Anonymousreply 17510/15/2017

If she were a gay man and these were her demands for herself, she'd be the most worshipped Queen on DL ever.

by Anonymousreply 17610/15/2017

Anybody think that the woman is environmentally friendly?

by Anonymousreply 17710/17/2017

If he wants to be environmentally friendly, perhaps she shouldn't be slaughtering countless animals for her shoe line.

by Anonymousreply 17810/17/2017

Good point r178 or "whatever meat". Love her though.

by Anonymousreply 17910/17/2017

[quote]Samantha was the best. The others were whiny characters.

That'd because she's the closest to a Gay of any of the characters.

by Anonymousreply 18010/17/2017

I don't see anything wrong with that list. Neutrogena? Vaseline? astoundingly normal. I am surprised it is not Kiehl's. The container instruction is a bit weird, but nothing particularly strange about it.

Living in NYC (even if it is a West Village townhouse) means there are not much space to store "spare stuff". Purchasing supplies as needed is less wasteful anyway.

Tacos? Good and normal. Its not like she is taking the kids to 300 a person meal every night.

Her son is 14? I am ancient *sigh*

by Anonymousreply 18110/17/2017

Does she receive in the sitting room or the garden?

by Anonymousreply 18210/17/2017

Amateurs!

by Anonymousreply 18310/17/2017

people still use vaseline??? is this 1933??

by Anonymousreply 18410/17/2017

She really does need to provide the little round tins of medicated Carmex for her kid's lips. It's wonderful and does a much better job than simply Vaseline. And it's cheap.

by Anonymousreply 18510/17/2017

Whatever meat goes in tacos, baby!

by Anonymousreply 18610/17/2017

R46, I believe it was once a week. Or your granny stank...darling

by Anonymousreply 18710/17/2017

Vaseline is an excellent moisturizer for winter dry skin. Shut up, it is. After bathing, before toweling off, spread a thin layer over your wet skin. It’s not greasy if you use it sparingly. It keeps the moisture in, and it’s hypoallergenic, for all you delicate flowers. It does not clog your pores (whatever that means) and helps perfume last longer.

It’s a few bucks for a big tub of the stuff and it’ll last years. Like Epsom salts, castor oil and witch hazel, it’s an old-timey medicine cabinet item that’s fallen out of fashion but very effective.

by Anonymousreply 18810/17/2017

This thread is great!

by Anonymousreply 18910/17/2017

There's something very wrong with her eyes in the that first photo. Almost reptilian, at least in the thumbnail view. Either that or I am unwillingly channelling the spirit of David Icke.

by Anonymousreply 19010/17/2017

They live in the Death Valley section of Greenwich Village. They really can't go out unless they are smothered in Vaseline.

by Anonymousreply 19110/18/2017

Someone above mentioned SJP's shoe line. I found her website and some of the shoes are hideous. For example ...

by Anonymousreply 19210/19/2017

Those comments on those ugly bow shoes! Funny and odd. Of course people have things they nerd out over but next time I'm at the bank I'm gonna wonder if the teller follows SJP's shoes on Instagram and squeals over them like they're famous people.

All in all, except for the Vaseline refilling thing, seems normal enough. Who cares.

I do feel bad about her sister though. Hopefully SJP provides her with nice comfy clomping shoes.

by Anonymousreply 19310/19/2017

She’d look so much better if she had a nose job

by Anonymousreply 19410/19/2017

The demands make sense with the new home, the old place on Charles St. was a comfy shambles but the new abode has a different layout and feel, she actually incredibly “normal” at home, on set, nope, mega in control, but once off the clock surprisingly chill and generous.

Matthew is not gay, ask a few of the gals in the chorus of The Producers, crazy days and especially nights those were...

by Anonymousreply 19510/19/2017

R194 she's had her nose done already and this is the result

by Anonymousreply 19610/19/2017

Doesnt all that Vaseline get all over the furniture & the walls -

I would think you would have to buy Lysol Wipes & Vaseline in equal amounts.

by Anonymousreply 19710/19/2017

^ and the bedding would have to be burned (grease fire?) or else you would fuck up the washer & dryer.

by Anonymousreply 19810/19/2017

Gross. The kids move around in bed making grease angels from the Vaseline.

by Anonymousreply 19910/19/2017

Why would it cause problems for the washer? Doesn't a simple detergent dissolve Vaseline?

by Anonymousreply 20010/19/2017

Maybe the kid has eczema.

by Anonymousreply 20110/19/2017

R200 Not when you're ladling it out of a 55 gallon drum- you could cause an industrial fire!

by Anonymousreply 20210/19/2017

Albolene really is the best for a stroke session

by Anonymousreply 20310/19/2017

Those shoes though gaudy look like fun.

If I were a women I'd enjoy wearing them to some fancy event.

by Anonymousreply 20410/19/2017

The bow shoes come in black too.

by Anonymousreply 20510/19/2017

The tacky bow shoes are $450. For that money why would you not purchase shoes from a real designer? These celebrity brands need to be at much lower price points. Look at Jessica Simpson's shoe line. Her shoes are the same type of thing but cheap, which is why they do so well. The women who have $450 to blow on a pair of heels they'll wear maybe a handful of times a year aren't going to buy some random brand.

by Anonymousreply 20610/19/2017

Have you seen the prices of shoes lately? I use to buy Prada sneakers twice a year when they were 300 bucks. Now they are at least 500 bucks a pop. Designer stuff moved their prices up to drive up exclusivity, and most designers are shutting their diffusion lines because they realized that "affordable luxury" means watering down the cache.

by Anonymousreply 20710/20/2017

[quote]The kids move around in bed making grease angels from the Vaseline.

OK, it's late, but "grease angels" made me laugh so hard I coughed.

by Anonymousreply 20810/20/2017

For $300 I can buy at least five pairs of perfectly good shoes. God people are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 20910/20/2017

The last pair of sneakers I bought were $280. Jordan 11s. What can I say? I was a kid of the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 21010/20/2017

Here's another colorful pair for your collection. Yeech.

by Anonymousreply 21110/21/2017

R20, making your mother do all of the work for you is something straight boys do. And no gay kid with that kind of money is going to use fucking [italic]Neutrogena[/italic] bodywash.

by Anonymousreply 21210/21/2017

Her breathless eclipse witness was really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 21310/21/2017

Yeech again.

by Anonymousreply 21410/21/2017

The model is on the wrong side of the railing, to show off the shoes. I kind of HATE SJP incorporating NYCness into her branding.

by Anonymousreply 21510/21/2017

Let's not even bother to wear matching colors.

by Anonymousreply 21610/21/2017

What fabulous whimsy!

by Anonymousreply 21710/21/2017

Pay them no mind SJP. There is no crueler place than this vile pit of trollery.

by Anonymousreply 21810/21/2017

Petroleum jelly may well be a decent moisturizer, but for women it promotes hair growth. Marilyn Monroe used to slather her face with Vaseline, and she had a coat of light hair all over her face--photographers used to say that it meant her shots came out beautifully, she had a literal softness to her face as a result, but Jesus, NO.

by Anonymousreply 21910/21/2017

Looking over my catalogue I couldn't help but wonder: Is my taste as bad as Patricia Field?

by Anonymousreply 22010/21/2017

Who would ever walk around in R216?? If I saw someone wearing those, I would point and laugh.

by Anonymousreply 22110/22/2017

Those shoes with the bows remind me of the episode in which Jennifer Coolidge played a friend who decided she was a talented purse designer and the gals all stood around mocking her and talking about how pathetic it was.

by Anonymousreply 22210/22/2017

Is R216 a suicide?

by Anonymousreply 22310/22/2017

[R15] Haaay girl

by Anonymousreply 22410/22/2017

lmao r223

by Anonymousreply 22510/22/2017

Another suicide?

by Anonymousreply 22610/23/2017

Honey, you need a new stylist.

by Anonymousreply 22710/23/2017

R216 No, that's Miranda Hobbes after she fled a 3 Hr lunch with SJP & Andy Cohen regarding Bethany's arc on the new Season of Stankwives of Canarsie.

by Anonymousreply 22810/23/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!