Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ronan is the new Woodward and Bernstien!!!

Who should play him in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2018 1:34 AM

Lance Bass

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2017 12:06 AM

Cate Blanchett as Mia (I mean she won an Oscar for it the first time she played her)

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2017 12:09 AM

His mother.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2017 12:11 AM

He has has mother's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2017 12:11 AM

This would be pretty close

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2017 12:16 AM

Michelle Williams!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2017 1:42 AM

A Jim Henson muppet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2017 1:51 AM

It's RONAN THE BARBARIAN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2017 2:14 AM

Why all the hate? Someone enlighten me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2017 2:21 AM

Don't know but I'm impressed with how well-spoken he is.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2017 2:23 AM

I rewatched Rosemary’s Baby last weekend. Mia Farrow was *so* good.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2017 2:25 AM

Rose McGowan

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2017 2:26 AM

You're easily impressed by fame whores, R10.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2017 2:26 AM

R13 What makes him more of a fame whore than any other TV pundit? Is the resentment because his mother is famous or because he’s gay?

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2017 2:30 AM

Samantha Bee delivered a pointed message to all the "creeps in Hollywood" in a segment about Harvey Weinstein's history of sexual harassment on Full Frontal Wednesday.

"Weinstein isn't the only cool Democrat lurking in film festival hotels, waiting to play a jolly masturbation prank," "Women talk to each other. And we talk to journalists – and we talk to lawyers. It's 2017, we don't have to put up with this shit. We are coming for you."

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2017 2:30 AM

Reluctant!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2017 2:32 AM

I think Ronan's hot. And yes, well-spoken also.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2017 2:40 AM

I'm with you R10. Ronan is an impressive young man.

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2017 2:53 AM

R18 That’s what Woody said!

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2017 2:55 AM

He's a fame whore because he's an attention seeker - he does too many thngs that scream look at me! Maybe he can start attacking his father again when his father's next movie comes out. Maybe he can start posting photos of himself trying to look like the daddy he wants, Frank Sinatra. How can you not see what a celeb wannabe he is and how he wants fame before he has earned it.

What does Mia have to do with it? Except I'm sure she loves having this son support all her claims of victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2017 3:09 AM

Ring a ding ding. baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2017 3:17 AM

Don't listen to these bitchy old queens Ronan.

DL gays are always mean if you're young, beautiful and talented. Hey DL Gay! Don't be jelly. We can't help it!

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2017 10:45 AM

Wow! Okay. I had no idea Maria de Lourdes “Mia” Villiers Farrow comes from such a tragic family. Is all this stuff from Wikipedia true? If so...wow, Okay, I worry for Satchel Ronan O’ Sullivan Farrow.

Farrow was born in Los Angeles, California, the third child and eldest daughter of Australian film director John Farrow (John Villiers Farrow) and Irish actress Maureen O'Sullivan, and one of seven children, with older brothers Michael Damien (1939–1958), Patrick (1942–2009),[4] younger brother John Charles (born 1946); and younger sisters Prudence and actresses Stephanie and Tisa.[5] Her eldest brother, Michael Farrow, died in a plane crash in 1958, at age 19;[6] Patrick, a sculptor, committed suicide in 2009;[7] and John Charles was in 2013 sentenced to 10 years in prison for child molestation.[8] Her father's family was originally from England.[9]

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2017 12:07 PM

Why the Ronan hate?

Because he's a poser, a shallow and brittle creature who has dragged his personal delusions and hatred into the public eye and therefore undermined any confidence in his "journalistic" integrity.

Because he's foisted false tales of his paternity in a vendetta against his father - this is insane territory - and therefore defamed the man he involved in his fantasies (Sinatra) and the man's family.

Because his sick relationship with his grasping, orphan-hoarding mother has left his reputation suspect.

He has no discernible qualifications. He's pissy. He's mean-spirited. He's a poster boy for nepotism. And when people talk about someone being "well-spoken" it's a sure sign of special pleading and condescension, with a sense of the person having no special talent except not shitting himself in public.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2017 12:20 PM

For the umpteenth time to those that are STILL delusional about this insufferable queen: His father is Allan Stewart Konigsberg NOT Francis Albert Sinatra. He got a nose job to get rid of the Woody Allen. Didn't get rid of it entirely. Still narcissistic. Still neurotic. The rest of his features scream John Farrow his maternal grandfather.

Mia clearly lost her mind when her father died and has been making her son bat shit crazy too.

To my dearest Ronan AKA Satchell:

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2017 12:35 PM

Perhaps someone with a spellchecker?

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2017 12:38 PM

My main problem with him is privilege and nepotism.

I read a short and fairly fawning story about him and his “chops” as an investigative reporter. (Post-Harvey.)

It really bugged me.

No mention of the fact that he waltzed into a cushy job at NBC—which is how he first started the Harvey story.

Then, when NBC would no longer support the story, he paid for a camera op/crew on his own to continue shooting interviews.(Because your average, young not-connected reporter would absolutely be able to afford that and because your average, young not-connected reporter would absolutely not be afraid of losing his NBC if he did that.)

Then, when NBC made it clear they wouldn’t air the story, Ronan waltzed into the New Yorker and sold them the story (because your average, young not-connected reporter could absolutely do that.)

Now, after all that help (not to mention the lifetime of good schools, etc that led to all that well spoken-ness) he suddenly has the bonafides. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we now have a fully formed investigative reporter who can write his own ticket!

Don’t get me wrong—this is an important story that needed to be told, but the feeling that he was buoyed every step of the way just irks me.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2017 1:06 PM

R20, you're right. But Mia raised him. He was the smart pretty one. While treating the adopted foreign children like slaves, she took him everywhere. When it turned out he'd inherited his father's brains, she feasted on his academic success that opened doors. But he's emotionally stunted. He wants to hobnob with all these celebs, but he doesn't have the social skills.

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2017 1:53 PM

Many celebs seem to be emotionally stunted.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2017 1:56 PM

He's as competent as anyone in his line of biz. That's fine by me. Nepotism or not. He's not a Billy Bush or a Chelsea Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2017 1:57 PM

Many, many people take advantage of nepotism across all professions. Ronan is not alone and I don't think he should be stigmatized for that. How many actors in Hollywood are children of actors/directors/writers?

R30 Let's add Luke Russert to your list. And Jemima Khan Goldsmith. Katy Tur's parents were reporters with KTLA. The list goes on...

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2017 2:33 PM

When is going to get that damn DNA paternity test??

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2017 2:37 PM

What r20 and r24 said.

And I didn’t know Mia’s brother was a child molester. What if it was HE who molested the daughter? Jesus.

And before he changed his name from “Satchel” to “Ronan”, didn’t he use the name “Seamus”? Or am I remembering wrong?

Anyway, that family is a clusterfuck of DYSFUNCTION.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2017 3:39 PM

There is NO way his father is Woody Allen

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2017 4:01 PM

After Woody Allen dies. R32

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2017 4:01 PM

To piggyback on R20 & R24: He has the habit of treating his tricks very dismissively after they've serviced him. Like, his doorman is sometimes involved with getting rid of them quickly. Or sometimes, they arrive (this is always late night) and he then suddenly decides to not let them come up. Shit like that. Also, he's a BOTTOM.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2017 4:17 PM

R36=Dismissed trick.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2017 4:25 PM

No, R37. Just a friend of one.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2017 4:34 PM

R33 the brother molested boys not girls. There is also know evidence that he spent much or any time hanging around Mia's house.

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2017 5:40 PM

R27 Sounds a lot like America’s Most Loved Journalist-Giggler Anderson Coopster.

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2017 8:37 PM

Thanks, r39. I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2017 11:02 PM

[quote] [R33] the brother molested boys not girls. There is also know evidence that he spent much or any time hanging around Mia's house.

R39, for many pedophiles who prefer very young children (i.e., those with no secondary sexual characteristics) it is more about opportunity than preference for either a girl or boy. And it is known that the brother was around Mia in those years and had access to the children.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2017 12:31 AM

From certain angles, Ronan looks remarkably like Frank.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2017 8:33 PM

Another vote that Ronan is an unsufferable twat!

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2017 10:53 PM

I would blow him. Does that make me insufferable?

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2017 11:34 PM

Garrett Clayton should play Ronan.

R45 you are not insufferable. I would blow him too.

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2017 11:53 PM

OK, I just watched this and I see Mia Farrow and I see Frank Sintra in his face. I do not see Woody Allen. Is the power of suggestion that strong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2017 12:32 AM

I've spoken to him and for the early years, he'd rather play himself. He's asked me to portray his later years and I have agreed. I think he...and I believe we can both given the most accurate and sensitive portrayal of his extraordinary life....

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2017 12:35 AM

Ronan is a very prissy gay. In all honesty, I find that really hot.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2017 12:38 AM

Can someone just order a damn paternity test and put this to bed already? This shit was tiresome years ago. Not sure how he expects to be taken seriously as a journalist when 90% of his public profile is speculation about his real father.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2017 12:40 AM

Honestly if I thought or knew Woody Allen was his father I would think twice about blowing him. I don’t blame him for not having the courage to take a DNA test. The unknown fantasy is sexier than the potential sad reality.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2017 1:18 AM

Chelsea Clinton has a Stanford undergrad degree and an Oxbridge doctorate. Yes, she's had entrée to jobs due to her parents, but she's as smart as hell, at least as well-spoken as Ronan, and much funnier.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2017 2:38 AM

Chelsea Clinton sucks.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2017 2:39 AM

Chelsea was terrible on that Brian Williams news magazine. She has that same deer in the headlights second guessing every word I say type thing that Hillary has. Bill was the communicator of the family and didn't pass the gene onto Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2017 2:41 AM

Chelsea’s mannerisms are very much like her mother’s, which is unfortunate. Both of her parents are brilliant in their own ways. I’m sure she’s smart. She has benefited tremendously from nepotism and supposedly she is resented by many employees of the foundation because of her entitled ways and bratty attitude.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2017 2:48 AM

Er, but let’s also factor in that Chelsea benefited from a Sidwell Friends elite education as the daughter of POTUS, and as a result she had an open door at any university in the world that accepts women. Never forget that Dubya is a graduate of both Harvard and Yale, and it’s not because he is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2017 2:50 AM

Er, but let's also factor in that Ronan has had not a few special advantages as well, and ALSO is awful on camera. That doesn't mean they're not both very bright.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2017 2:56 AM

I don’t think he is awfum kn camera. What’s awful?

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2017 3:15 AM

Well that last message got out of hand! Lol

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2017 3:15 AM

Ronan and his show were a BOMB, as well as a laughingstonck, R58, because he was AWFUL on camera. But he's bright. I'm rooting for him to find his niche, and hope it does turn out to be the written word. I'm just saying, it's not a zero-sum game of Ronan versus Chelsea. They are both advantaged kiddiwinks who were nothing to write home about on TV, but have legitimate intellects and legitimate progressive hearts. Judging from some of her zingers at Trump, Chelsea is gonna have a niche as well.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2017 3:22 AM

Ronan actually look(ed) something like his actual bio dad...pre PS and blue contacts (natural eye color is hazel).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2017 3:29 AM

R61 in that photo he looks freakishly like a twin of his mother.

I never saw his show, but I just read a Salon retrospective of it, and I lost interest in the dude after this paragraph:

The first inauspicious sign, eagerly seized upon by the Internet, was the ludicrous backdrop for his MSNBC set: a map festooned with such phrases as “Yale Law” and “Rhodes Scholar,” essentially a word cloud of its host’s résumé. Then there was the corny way Farrow invited his viewers to tweet at him about the most underreported topics of the day. On one show, he asked viewers to tweet their replies to the question “Why are you beautiful?”

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2017 3:39 AM

Eww.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2017 3:41 AM

I’ve been going through lots of photos. He looks a lot like Sinatra. A lot. Even Woody Allen says so.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2017 3:47 AM

[quote] Chelsea Clinton has a Stanford undergrad degree and an Oxbridge doctorate. Yes, she's had entrée to jobs due to her parents, but she's as smart as hell, at least as well-spoken as Ronan, and much funnier.

Top that off with sex appeal and there is no limits to what she can do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2017 3:54 AM

Ronan for President!

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2017 4:09 AM

R66 ...of Miramax Films!!

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2017 4:14 AM

R63, thanks for that video? He was awful. Just awful. He sounds like an annoyong twit. He needs to work on that voice.

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2017 5:19 AM

Chelsea did a great job campaigning for her mother last year. She has developed a fine stage presence and she is really smart and an effective speaker. Chelsea will be just fine.When I look at photos of Hillary from 30-40 years ago, she wasn't always so pretty. Hillary grew more attractive as she grew older. As for her looks, I think Chelsea, unfortunately shares some resemblance with her father's mother. Bill's mother was definitely not attractive but the lady had a unique style! Always made me smile when I saw her.

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2017 1:13 PM

As a toddler Ronan had blue eyes, but kinda looked like Woody with the reddish hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2017 1:20 PM

Ronan is an intelligent person. He’s a famewhore, though. And there is no way he escaped that dysfunction unscathed. I have a feeling that he’s absolutely neurotic and just good at hiding it.

And there is no way he’s Woody’s child. No effing way. That kid is all Frank.

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2017 1:52 PM

He REALLY looks like Sinatra to me. What a bizarre family scenario those people have got going on. I just read Dylan Farrow’s NYT op-ed. I believe her wholeheartedly. The details are too specific to have been made up, especially since they’re presented straightforwardly; liars usually embellish when they tell stories, whereas truth tellers only recount their immediate experiences matter of factly, which she does.

Woody Allen is seriously disturbed. It sounds like Mia Farrow was a caring mother, but not a competent one insofar as protecting her children. Weinstein is a psychopath. This is all real-life Kubrick Eyes Wide Shut shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2017 5:54 PM

R69, disagree. She and Ivanka are cut from the same cloth. I can't stand listening to their rehearsed answers. Chelsea is too careful when she speaks and Ivanka spends more time trying to phrase an answer so as to come across as an intelligent person and instead comes across sounding like a pretentious ignoramus.

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2017 7:18 PM

R73 I agree, more or less. Chelsea Clinton must be an intelligent woman from her combined genetic inheritance, the best educational path money can buy, and difficult life lessons that come from being an unglamorous girl and woman plus the trauma of her father’s sexual assault allegations. That all cultivates intellect. But she is reportedly too self-entitled—also a product of the aforementioned ingredients—and she is quite holier-than-thou in her opinions and professes them with great authority, many of which are opinions about middle- and working-class people. One handicap of Ms. Clinton is that her whole life has been lived on a pedestal away from the commoners—just like Ivanka and her siblings. Though no fault of her own, she is an American Marie Antoinette, and what makes that egregious and potentially dangerous for us is that it’s a blind spot for her. She doesn’t and cannot understand that. She thinks she is salt of the Earth, but she is shitting in a sandbox from Sak’s full of Tiffany diamonds. And her self-superiority does come across in her mannerisms and attitudes. The British royals are royals and as such as expected to be out of touch with everyday people—and yet they are forced to at least interact with commoners and to enlist in some kind of military service. Our princes and princesses are more out of touch than most European aristocracy are. It’s not a good recipe for a burgeoning world leader.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2017 8:09 PM

Well Chelsea has gone out and got some fucking experience to draw from, she isn't contrived. Her work on behalf of the Clinton Foundation has afforded her opportunities to go to remote areas not just for photo ops ,since we rarely hear about them, but she does actual field work where she is out there evaluating how programs work and how the funds are being used to impact a community. She was done a very competent job and has gotten her hands dirty. She comes across as knowledgeable and well informed and speaks about what she's seen and done in the course of her travels. She's a policy wonk like both of her parents.She has participated in study groups, panel discussions seminars and all kinds of low profile activities on behalf of issues and has really educated herself. So Chelsea is more than a famous daughter she has made her own contributions and she's determined to continue to do that. She wants to earn it not just inherit it. That's a world away from Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 75October 17, 2017 3:57 AM

R36 but is he cut or uncut? What is he into sexually?

by Anonymousreply 76November 12, 2017 9:21 AM

LMAO R75, you're delusional if you actually really believe Chelsea Clinton did not have everything in her life handed to her on a sliver plate. The Clinton foundation was started just so the Clintons could launder cash and not pay taxes on it. They are thieves and in person are not nearly as kind or considerate as they like to pretend they are to the public, or naive people like you who believe it.

by Anonymousreply 77November 12, 2017 9:24 AM

Ronan Farrow is NOT the biological son of Frank Sinatra. He just had plastic surgery and uses blue contact lenses so he will not look like either of his competely crazy and creepy excuses for "parents".

R24, R27, R20, and R25 summed up Ronan Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 78November 12, 2017 9:24 AM

No movie

by Anonymousreply 79November 12, 2017 11:18 AM

When will he do a takedown of the predator in chief?

by Anonymousreply 80November 12, 2017 11:38 AM

All this outrage and look at what's happening with Harvey & Spacey and some of these others, and then you look at what's going on with Judge Moore and Trump himself. Like there are two universes and in one bad actions are punished and in the other universe You can do any damned thing you want from sexual assault to treason and it's OK. Because you're a straight white man.

Maybe someone should tell the GOP Congressional leadership: Close your eyes, and pretend that it's Barack Obama who is a pussy-grabber, or the guy who molested a 14 yr. old is Black and she is white, and then tell us what you'd do?

by Anonymousreply 81November 13, 2017 3:17 AM

Actually, he's vers and loves to flip, R36. Did your friend mention that he's hung?

by Anonymousreply 82November 13, 2017 3:23 AM

Actually, we're the new Woodward and Bernstein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2018 12:13 AM

For those of you who claim to "know" or it is 'obvious" that Sinatra is Ronan's father, why do you think he hasn't taken a paternity test and proven it so? Ronan hates Woody and I would think if Woody wasn't his father he would love to tell the world that Woody wasn't his father. As someone who hated my father, I would have loved to be able to prove he wasn't my father, why do you think Ronan hasn't done so?

by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2018 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!