PAUL! She's over here! More tales from the Parking Garage

Lil's got a fast car!

Old Lil wants a ticket to anywhere

Maybe she'll make a deal

Maybe without Slee she can get somewhere

Any place is better

In the garage, she's got nothing to lose

Maybe she'll make something

But Lil's the BALLS and this bitch has nothing to prove!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 60111/20/2017

"Between Heaven and Hell" -- can you tell us more about Mark Derwin? John Loprieno? Thanks.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 110/12/2017

Joe Lando please.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 210/12/2017

Who was Carla's daddy? If she was so light skinned Lil was chocolate. Maybe Dave Siegel? Victor Lord? Joe Riley? Steve Burke?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 310/12/2017

I wonder why they had such a hard time keeping Viki's kids cast. Eleven actors played Kevin Buchanan.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 410/12/2017

Well one was a an FOJ so she would have found a part for that actor no matter what.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 510/12/2017

Between Heaven and Hell, please come back and share MORE!!!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 610/13/2017

OP, this incident never happened and it's getting old already.

Kathy Glass troll, don't even THINK about posting your shit here.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 710/13/2017

Imagine the shock of OLTL producers, writers, and fans when they suddenly lost me, Jameson Parker, and Julia Montgomery so quickly? The young crowd that saved the show. Why Jameson and Julia's Q score, put together, almost equaled mine. Once we left, for a while, they had to dust of the Monopoly game so Viki and the Craigs had something to do. For heaven's sake we could even make Larry look young.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 810/13/2017

r6, you do realize that "Between Heaven and Hell" may not realize this is the new OLTL thread since the title pertains to an incident that NEVER happened, right?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 910/13/2017

YES! Fuck Pine Valley!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1010/14/2017

r4, because no regime ever took the time to *define* the adult version of these characters, especially Kevin. He went through a personality change with every actor.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1110/14/2017

Dr. Jim Craig was a hottie. He was probably Carla’s father. He hooked up with the chocolate Sadie.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1210/14/2017

Once Todd was tied to Viki, her need for sons became obsolete to TPTB, which is a shame because the Todd/Kevin rivalry with Viki in the middle could have been played for years.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1310/14/2017

The original Jim Craig was kind of hot (and he had the hots for Carla), but Nat Polen brought the granddaddy feel to the part.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1410/14/2017

The best Kevin was that goddamned stud Dan whatsisname. It is a shame that he was on during the shows nadir. Dena Higley was the absolute worst writer the show ever had. And that's saying something. Especially considering 1998 through 2008. And as I hide my head in shame, I must say that I enjoyed some of McTavish's and Phelps's run. It destroyed characters but was watchable and trashy. I loved all of Jill's dark lighting and music. She at least produced a beautiful show like Gottlieb did.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1510/14/2017

Gottlieb had a smelly pussy. Didn’t Jim DePaiva throw a chair at her? She was hated. Even out brloved Slee did not speak nicely of Gottlieb.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1610/14/2017

You probably mean Dan Gautier, who was handsome. I thought Kirk Geiger was hot, too. Timothy Gibbs was insufferable in the part (well, in any part) and I wonder what Erika Slezak thought about acting with him.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1710/14/2017

See, I didn't mind Tim Gibbs either. Everyone hated him. Did we hate him because he was a hardcore FOJ? I found him handsome and a good actor.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1810/14/2017

Tim Gibbs made me hard. Handsome as all fuk.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 1910/14/2017

Its weird that I am on a late 90's kick in my mind. Do you remember that really well produced (and totally plot driven( typical JFP) flooding storyline? That Susan Misner who played Grace (Kevin's girlfriend?) drowned somehow- It was very well done and horrifying. I do not think this is on Youtube either... I feel like I am losing my mind but she died in a flooded house??? Am I fucked in the head? Maybe one of those a storm hits the soap episodes?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2010/14/2017

Dan Gauthier and Kevin Stapleton (Kevins 11 and 9, respectively) were my favourites. Geiger was hot, but so wee, and Gibbs only had two speeds: obnoxious and morose.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2110/14/2017

Tim Gibbs was a fine actor, but dark, mean, gun-toting Kevin did not work. That was all about JFP giving her friend an edgy role and not about the character. Not to mention he indirectly caused Laura Bonarrigo's firing. And I was a big Cassie/Kevin fan with Stapleton.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2210/14/2017

The one thing I will say about Gibbs' Kevin is that he looked like he could be Lee Patterson's son.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2310/14/2017

Dan Gauthier was a solid recast who could have had longevity in the role. However, by then, it had to be all about Todd or McBANE. The males on this show became so god awful.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2410/14/2017

How many people did Slee get fired over the years?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2510/14/2017

If Slee could get people fired, Ritchie would have been gone long before 1998.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2610/14/2017

Slee got Holly and Haymen fired. Get those black bitches out of my sight.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2710/14/2017

I thought Haymen died before she left the show. Lil performing at the Tonys.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2810/14/2017

The original Jim Craig.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 2910/14/2017

Lil was quite plump.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3010/14/2017

Wasn't that Robert Milli who played the first (and only hot) Jim Craig?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3110/14/2017

Dixie Carter as Dorian. I think she played he for a few days. She sucked.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3210/14/2017

Check out Great Grandma Lord there.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3310/14/2017

Is that Viki’s great gramma in R32?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3410/14/2017

It's sure as hell not Gillian Spencer.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3510/14/2017

Did Paul snag Hayman's Hymen before he threw her out that old parking garage?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3610/15/2017

Did Frankie give Paul bjs under the desk?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3710/15/2017

Lil’s hymen was intact. It got licked here n there by other lezzies but never penetrated. Haymens hymen smelled of cherry.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3810/15/2017
by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 3910/15/2017

None of you NY bitches ever had Frank's big Italian schlong?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4010/15/2017

Does Frank like the peen?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4110/15/2017

Frankie does like the peen. And the peen likes him.

He likes beefy bro ass.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4210/15/2017

Chasing Lil around the garage is as deeply human, tragic and dramatic as Les Miz and the loaf of bread. It should be a Broadway show.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4310/15/2017

See the comments at R32's clip. One about Slee.....from "Jesus Jenny"

[quote] no offense to Erika Sleazak but did she EVER look young..? this was over 30 years ago which would make her 35 in this clip? sad to say she looks older. on the flip side, she still looks pretty much like this today so i guess she is aging well with the help of plastic surgery.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4410/15/2017

I can't believe there are no Frank stories.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4510/15/2017

R44, LMFAO

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4610/15/2017

[quote] I can't believe there are no Frank stories.

There were. Or are. He's a top who likes butch twentysomething bottoms, and while he's a bit lispy in the mouth, Frank has the stereotypical huge Italian cock, and huge nuts.

Supposedly for a while he was dating a muscular, short Latino dude who was NYPD.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4710/15/2017

Frankie does like the peen. Rumor has it that he and Ron had a gay fallout which lead to Ron’s firing. Dick size?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4810/15/2017

Ronald seems very happy with his long-time bf. It's time that Frank settles down.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 4910/16/2017

Ronald still likes the hairy legs though.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5010/16/2017

r50, You know it, bitch!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5110/16/2017

I'm sick of running around in that damn garage.

Someone go fetch me a Diet RC! Mama's home now.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5210/16/2017

Lil gurl, why u so god damn fat?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5310/16/2017

That is Faux Slee!

I would never type a text like that ATALL!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5410/16/2017

Did Ed Hall ever put his weiner into Sadie? She was a hot mama! I’d love me some of dat hot chocolate. Cum to mama.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5510/16/2017

Was Al Freeman gay? The relationship between Ed and Karen was unusual and moving. Years later, they brought him back for a few episodes and he seemed to have trouble speaking.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5610/16/2017

They had chemistry R56. In another time, they may have pursued that storyline.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5710/16/2017

Al Freeman licked Sadie’s clit. I’m sure of it!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5810/16/2017

He didn't suck MY cock.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 5910/16/2017

Wow. I forgot all about Ed and Karen. The was a very nice, gentle story. I really loved that. Wish they'd followed through. A few years later they still couldn't follow through with Cliff and Angie on AMC.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6010/16/2017

We need some sort of OLTL reunion!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6110/17/2017

Al Freeman Jr. was so smooth. Kind of like Obama 35 years earlier.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6210/17/2017

Al's teen fanmail was a close second to a certain mushroom bobbed ingenue.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6310/17/2017

Fuck Kathy Glass and the Kathy Glass troll.

Don't let them ruin this thread too.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6410/17/2017

Miss Kathy Glass still receives more fan mail than Sleestack.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6510/17/2017

Slee is soap royalty. No one even knows who the fuck Kathy Glass is.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6610/17/2017

Not quite true R66 - I was a teen who worshiped Kathy Glass and now I'm 57. I have never forgotten her sweetness, youthful enthusiasm and sudden burst of confidence that she would reveal in every scene. I followed her to The Doctors and was crestfallen when she vanished from our tv screens to raise her family. She didn't need Emmys as a prop for her lousy personal life with a gay husband and two dead beat children, one of whom exists on prunes while living in the basement.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6710/17/2017

r67 is either completely pathetic or goes way too far in an effort to troll.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6810/17/2017

Slee is long forgotten in the soap world. She’s in CT throwing prunes down to her loser son who still lives with her. Kathy Glass is a beloved mother and grandmother.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 6910/17/2017

Was the original plan to make Joey Buchanan gay? Did they chicken out and instead bring on Teen Ryan Phillippe? Also heard ramblings that Rex was supposed to be a gay character and Brandon Routh who played Seth was going to be one of daytime's first Bi characters...Was there ever a plan to make Tuc Watkins and David Vickers gay? His David the ladies man / cad act never rang tee so they quickly turned his character into a clown. Can anyone confirm or deny?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7010/17/2017

R70 Don't know about all your questions but yes, Malone originally pushed for Joey B to be gay. Not sure why they didn't. It's the template all the other shows ended up using - have the child of a beloved character come out (Bianca, Luke Synder, et al).

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7110/17/2017

r71, of course you know why they didn't. It was 1992. A much different era than Bianca/Luke. Not to mention that even in 2009, a gay couple on ABC had to be comprised of peripheral characters who could easily be dumped.

r70, yes Gary Tomlin has said that he pitched Rex as a gay character.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7210/17/2017

I would have liked Mitch to swing both ways if it got him what he wanted. They should have had him fucking one of the Buchanan boys.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7310/17/2017

That would have been hot, younger Mitch deep dicking Kevin Buchanan.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7410/17/2017

I just wish OLTL had used Roscoe Born in a different way. I don't know what but he should have gotten better.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7510/17/2017

I guess I'm in the minority. I love the KGT. The #1 teen fanmail gets me every time. I also love the Lil/Tercel/Parking Garage troll. It's funny.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7610/17/2017

it was the first hundred times

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7710/17/2017

[quote]I also love the Lil/Tercel/Parking Garage troll. It's funny.

It was clever and funny originally. I certainly threw in a few jokes along those lines.

Then someone decided to add a racist twist to it all. It lost all humor and cleverness at that point.

Now it's just all very distasteful.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7810/17/2017

And extremely boring.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 7910/17/2017

Only ES haters like the KGT and the Tercel crap which got tired a few threads ago.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8010/17/2017

Who remember's Ina's boardinghouse? As I recall Karen, Ed, Edwina, Marco (posing as his brother), and Marcello Salta lived there. The boardinghouse was a great device to put single characters under the same roof.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8110/17/2017

Katrina Karr lived there, too.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8210/17/2017

Lil you in danger girl. Get out and run.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8310/17/2017

I don't think anyone on this thread hates Slee. In many cases, teasing is love.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8410/17/2017

Not in all cases r84

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8510/17/2017

Ina! Hmph! Ina Hopkins didn't know the first thing about running a boarding house.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8610/17/2017

Insinuating that ES is a racist is not love, it's hate.

It's also a lie.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8710/17/2017

Did Slee ever get ANY teen fan mail? I heard that most of her mail was postmarked Boca Raton.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8810/17/2017

Marcello Salta made me hard down there!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 8910/17/2017

He was unbelievably hot. He had a rocking body.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9010/17/2017

[quote] Insinuating that ES is a racist is not love, it's hate.

No one's doing that for kicks, toots. That stems from the comments Ellen Holly made in interviews and for the OLTL book from a few years back.

And none of us believe them. Slee isn't perfect but I literally cannot imagine her saying those things.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9110/18/2017

Everyone knows Holly is a loon.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9210/18/2017

I believe Ellen Holly.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9310/18/2017

I believe Ellen Holly about Paul Rauch, but not about Slezak. She created that all in her mind IMHO. It's not hard to buy into her resentment but she was not really a dynamic performer despite her beauty and great voice. Something was always off with her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9410/18/2017

Besides a rumored Viki & Bo pairing what other pairs were considered? I remember they started a Viki/Dylan Moody interaction that hinted they were going in that direction but the actor wasn't up to ES talent level.

Why didn't names like Yasmine Bleeth or Casper Van Dien catch on in Llanview?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9510/18/2017

Wasn't Clint originally brought on for Pat?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9610/18/2017

Remember fake Jenny's queer husband?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9710/18/2017

Clint was always intended for Viki. When Joe Reilly knew he was dying, he brought Clint in to edit the Banner.

Bo was originally intended for Pat Ashley (Jacqueline Courtney).

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9810/18/2017

Jeff Pomerantz was a Scientologist who was very 'close' to John Travolta.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 9910/18/2017

I don't even believe Holly about Rauch. There's absolutely no way Lil was fired by some lackey of Rauch in the parking garage. That's truly absurd. And her hinting at a possibly racist comment from Kathy Glass is another thing that's difficult to believe.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10010/18/2017

R100 especially when Glass was on The Doctors not OLTL when Holly claims the Nielsens went up because of her. She had no fanbase.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10110/18/2017

What week was it that Holly claimed the ratings soared because she was featured every day? Was it after Glass left in early 78?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10210/18/2017

Poir Jeff Pomeramtz was queer and had the aids. Did he ever kiss Jennie?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10310/18/2017

I saw him in an episode of Modern Family not long ago.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10410/18/2017

Whom did Holly detest more...Slee or Arthur Burghardt?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10510/18/2017

Oh Holly detested Kathy Glass the most. If when Kathy left the show she just wouldn't quit trashing her to anyone who would listen. All of the more established characters hate all the young blood that came on with Kathy. They took over the show and all were plotted into the shows fabric using Jenny's character. Brad, Sam, and Tim. All four were gone in a matter of three years though. Then new Jenny just became a female Larry. All left hating the show because everyone else on the show pretty much hated them and crapped all over them even though they brought a big ratings boost.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10610/18/2017

r95, Viki & Dylan? LOL.

Leann was actually a viable character and probably would have continued, but YB chose to leave.

Luna's brothers were all awful. For all of Malone's great character work, he did create some big duds after the initial batch.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10710/18/2017

Kathy Glass raised OLTL’s ratings - not crazy Holly.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10810/19/2017

Fuck Glass! Is this a safe space to talk about daypart's real first young romantic ingenue, Toni Bull Bua?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 10910/19/2017

What the fuck is a toni bull bua? And who the fuck says daypar? You must be 110 years old.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11010/19/2017

Holly throws shade at Al Freeman, Jr.:

"Throughout the years on OLTL, we had actors such as Robert Milli and another Black actor (Peter De Anda). When their storylines were developed enough and well put in place, their stories were terminated almost overnight, so these actors had to go. I was paired after with an aging Black character. The relationship in this storyline was tepid and platonic. He was a Congressman who spent most of his time in Washington. The fans and the press complained. In response, Al Freeman was put forward as the Black star of the show in 1972. He was the head of the police in OLTL. Lily was his mother-in-law and I became his wife. We were his satellites. We often sat at home at the kitchen table and just drank coffee, gossiping about the neighbors. This is how my role deteriorated for a while. All the chemistry in my storyline disappeared and the focus was on the domestic side. In the end, I left the show in 1985 after being fired by the new executive producer."

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11110/19/2017

What about me? I was the first Kate Swanson on One Life to Live and the beloved Cindy Clark Matthews on Another World. I saved One life when I took over the part of Julie Toland. Where is the love for ME????

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11210/19/2017

^Probably dead and buried, kind of like anyone who ever knew who you were.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11310/19/2017

Leonie Norton saved OLTL when she was hired as Julie Toland. Take that, El Holly.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11410/19/2017

Leonie Norton? Never heard of the bitch. Probably had a marginal Q score at best and never received a whit of teen fan mail. On the other hand, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, a certain ingenue named Kathy Glass, who played Sister Jenny, had a top Q score from 1975-1978, and was the recipient of record-shattering teen fan mail during that time span. Apologies if it's been mentioned once before.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11510/19/2017

Leonie Norton was Kathy Glass before Kathy Glass was Kathy Glass.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11610/19/2017

Kathy Glass captured the hearts and minds of America's teens from 1975-1978. She was the most popular actor among that prized demograhic, soaring to record heights not even seen by the actor whom many deemed her predecessor in teenage popularity--Jonathan Frid, who played Barnabas on Dark Shadows.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11710/19/2017

So Kathy Glass was the heir apparent to an ugly 200-year-old blood and soul sucking vampire? How appropriate.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11810/19/2017

Just the fact that Holly would trash Al Freeman, Jr is ridiculous. He kept Carla relevant. Fans loved those two together. I don't know anyone who didn't like Al Freeman, Jr. He was a great presence on the show. I loved Carla and I loved Holly but man fuck her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 11910/19/2017

[quote]Al Freeman was put forward as the Black star of the show in 1972. He was the head of the police in OLTL. Lily was his mother-in-law and I became his wife. We were his satellites. We often sat at home at the kitchen table and just drank coffee, gossiping about the neighbors. This is how my role deteriorated for a while. All the chemistry in my storyline disappeared and the focus was on the domestic side.

I'm not sure she trashed Al Freeman in that excerpt. She just said that he was considered the black lead and that she and Lil were his supporting players. I don't think she's blaming Al because she was moved to domestic storylines. Unless she said something else that isn't in that linked piece that I'm not seeing.

Ultimately, here is the deal. I don't see anything in Ellen's writing that leads use to believe that she would have left the show on her own. She would have probably stayed and remained miserable because it was a steady gig. I think a lot of people put too much focus on what she has written about Slee. She's clearly a conflicted woman and all she really wanted was a story of substance and for whatever reason couldn't grasp that she wasn't going to get that.

Have there ever been any more than says 5 or 6 significant black storylines and characters in daytime? We should start a list.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12010/19/2017

Holly's bitterness bled into Carla. In the last three or so years she was on, it didn't matter what Carla's story was, she played it as angry and exasperated. She became really tough to watch.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12110/19/2017

Ellen was not happy when Viki was chosen to be Carla's maid of honor. Not happy at all. And then she blew a gasket when the focus of her wedding was on Joe and Viki.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12210/19/2017

At least they put their fucking board game away for a few minutes.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12310/19/2017

Why did Viki and Joe always play board games? Was life so empty? How old was Viki supposed be there?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12410/19/2017

Viki was born in 1827. You do the math.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12510/19/2017
by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12610/19/2017

Worse still Carla and Ed's wedding in 1973 had the camera pan to the white lead actors and their thoughts while Carla and Ed said their vows -unseen. We got into Vicki's head, Joe's, Eileen's etc etc. I thought that was insulting back then. And 40 year old Carla was in a dress with a veil.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12710/19/2017

I don't remember much about Carla when I watched in the early 80s. I knew she was there, but she was window dressing. Ed was more prominent due to his job, but he still seemed to enter stories for professional reasons, and you heard little if anything about Ed's personal life.

GH had Bryan and Claudia in the early 80s, but they were satellite characters too. Bryan was friends with Scotty, Claudia was friends with Laura, and occasionally they would have scenes with just the two of them. I think ultimately the two got married, and there was a c-list story about their money problems. And Sammy Davis Jr. did a stint as Bryan's estranged dad.

At that time, AMC did the best with their minority characters. While Jesse and Angie started as friends of Greg and Jenny, they got their own front-burner storylines. Jesse and Jenny hiding out in NYC one summer, Angie dealing with her over-protective parents who didn't like Jesse, then Angie gets pregnant, and Angie's father has a heart attack and dies. During that time, you could expect to get some of their story several days a week.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12810/20/2017

It is still a shame Generations didn't last. It had a good cast and story potential was strong. It veered into too much crime drama at the end though.

Before Bryan and Claudia, we had Hank and Lauri on The Doctors and best of all Peggy Nolan on Another World. She was John Randolph's secretary and they (briefly) gave her a family, Momma, sister Linda Metcalf. Peggy could have been another Gail Fisher on daytime but she left when her play Don't Bother Me I Can't Cope became a smash. If soaps only depicted a real black bitch who lived in the Hood and sold drugs and did what she could to survive it would be riveting. Instead we get understanding dull stud Jordan on Y&R who is played a truly horrible actor. Hillary on Y&R stands above everyone and has the bitch quotient down just no street grittiness.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 12910/20/2017

I love how Carla went from a Secretary to a lawyer then to a judge.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13010/20/2017

The eldergays love to talk 70s OLTL.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13110/20/2017

Meredith Wolek being held hostage all summer and then dying was so sad. She was a good sister to Miss Viki.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13210/20/2017

Thank you 132. I didn't know that. I thought Meredith died in childbirth or from a fall. I love learning OLTL history.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13310/20/2017

Eugenia (Viki's Mother) was the one who died during child birth AND after having a fall down the staircase. Only ever seen in flashbacks. Eugenia was the one who... didn't like being touched.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13410/20/2017

This bitch doesn't look a day over 40. What's her secret?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13510/20/2017

Formaldehyde?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13610/20/2017

The first explanation given for Viki's multiple personalities was that she had witnessed her parents quarreling at the top of the stairs, leading to her mother's fall, the birth of Meredith, and the mother dying. Then, some years later, a new explanation for Viki's DID was given: she witnessed her father fucking her best friend, Irene Manning. Finally, some years after that, a third explanation was given, i.e., that Victor sexually abused Viki repeatedly when Viki was a little girl.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13710/20/2017

Trashing Victor Lord and making him a child molester was horrible. Ernest Graves played Victor in a way that would never have been thought of. Stupid, stupid to prop up Slee and her need for six Emmys. She should have had six enemas to get the shit out of her tired over the top performances.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13810/20/2017

Miss Katherine Glass won Teen Magazine Actress of the Year 6 times. Where's the 6 Teen Magazine Actress of the Year Awards that Slee has ever won.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 13910/20/2017

Kathy Glass, Nancy Pinkerson, and Jackie Courtney carried the show in the mid-70s. Matronly Viki became a talk-to character.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14010/20/2017

They were going to give Brynn/Jenny a bigger send off. They were going to have Jenny get pregnant and develop an abort or die story line. Pretty ground breaking. She was to carry the pregnancy through and die. She fought the story line. So they said fine bitch go die in an off screen avalanche instead of a possible Emmy winning story.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14110/20/2017

Has any show ever had as much backstage bitterness and resentment at OLTL? Was it EVER a happy set. Supposedly Bob Woods once advised an under-5 that he should try to get work on AMC instead, because that was a very happy set, implying that OLTL was not.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14210/20/2017

R142- This is something I have thought about myself!!! It seemed to be a TERRIBLE place to work unless you were SLEE!!!!

It does seem that the show did have some happy people from 78-82- And even the early 70's- Just because Ellen Holly was a bitter shrew doesn't mean that the set was bad in the early days.

Judith Light , Brynn Thayer, Gerald Anthony, STRASSER- believe it or not, and others were very close friends. The chick who played Katrina Karr and that Margaret Klenck were tight with them as well.

Brynn and Judy are great friends to this day, best friends I think?

It seems that the show was a toxic pit from 1990 onward. The show had so many ups and downs, and even during what was considered an "UP" period from 92-95, the show was filled with misery behind the scenes. Ego, ego, ego.

The mid to late 80's seem to have been relatively cool. But I'm sure Rauch ran a scary /intimidating set.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14310/21/2017

GH and Y&R were and are toxic and are a filled with egos. Heard that the best sets to work on were AW, AMC, and Loving.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14410/21/2017

The OLTL set was glorious from July 15, 1968 until March 16, 1971. Then again briefly in 1981 The rest of the time it was a non stop pit of jealousy and recriminations and backstabbing.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14510/21/2017

The only time a "toxic" set was first rumored was when all the 80s male egos complained about Gottlieb.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14610/21/2017

R145, Why do I feel that if I googled your dates that Ms. Erika Sleeztack debuted on March 16, 1971 and was probably on maternity leave and replaced by the real and only Viki, Ms. Christine Jones during 1981??

Kathy, you need to go take your plethora of old lady medications and get off this site!!

Go read some old fan letters from the basement and say hi to Queen Sleeztack's son!!

Enjoy the rest of your day(part)!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14710/21/2017

What the fuck is a daypart?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14810/21/2017

R148, Nielsen divides the television viewing day into dayparts. There is early morning, morning, afternoon, evening, early fringe, primetime, and late night. It's also how commercials are sold. Soaps have typically been in the "afternoon daypart".

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 14910/21/2017

Christine Jones was a revelation as Viki. Agnes Nixon is said to have wept when Christine assumed the role. Finally here was a Viki who fulfilled her vision for the character. It's rumored that she wept when Slee returned, but those were not tears of joy.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15010/21/2017

The wardrobe department wept at Slee's return also because Christine Jones with her lithe model figure could wear the Halstons of the day while Slee had to be dressed in caftans and bedspreads.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15110/21/2017

Did everyone see recently James DePaiva admitted to being a big ass during his years on the show?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15210/21/2017

Jackie Courtney threw a welcome back party for Slee. She was over the moon that the gorgeous Christine was gone and matronly Slee was back. Now she, Jackie, could reclaim her spot as top beauty on the show.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15310/21/2017

DePaivahas always been an asshole. Thats nothing new.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15410/21/2017

DePaiva asshole stories?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15510/21/2017

Throwing a chair on the OLTL set because he was pissed off at Linda Gottlieb. You just don’t do that. That is only one story.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15610/21/2017

More, more! Please!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15710/21/2017

DePaiva got into that huge fight with Roger Howarth and they had to be separated by PAs. He was a nasty, nasty man.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15810/21/2017

DePaiva had a very high Q score, so ABC wasn't going to let him go. Seriously!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 15910/21/2017

Do we know what they were fighting about? More stories!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16010/21/2017

JdP admitted that he wanted to be top dog and had to compete for stories. All the men were jealous of Howarth taking over the show - it was worse for JdP because his wife was part of it. The show revolved around Todd and caved to Howarth all the time - most of the complaints were on the money.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16110/21/2017

It's a good thing JdP didn't have to work Michael Easton, the beast who swallowed the whole show.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16210/21/2017

Actually, wasn't it always rumored that JdP and FH's salaries were targets to pay for Easton?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16310/21/2017

The hard-on for Michael Easton confounds me to this day. He sucked the life out of the show and never did a damn thing for ratings, yet they were continually determined to shove him down viewers' throats. It become a joke with the once-a-year serial killer thrown at him.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16410/21/2017

No one knows who Kathy Glass is.

NO.

ONE.

No one.

No one.

No one.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16510/22/2017

Well, obviously you do, r165, hon. So why dont YOU shut up! FYI Kathy Glass is revered throughout the world.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16610/22/2017

Throughout THE WORLD and to all the Astral Planes and BEYOND!!!

We ADORE you Kathy!!!!

If we have not said it before, congratulations on your TOP Q Score in all of the Daypart as well as KUDOS on having the most fan mail in the day part from 1976-1977. Also congratulations on your GREAT beauty and charisma.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16710/22/2017

Katherine Glass's daypart Q score is unsurpassed to this day, as is her record-shattering teen fan mail. There was a precious pic in Soap Opera Digest of Lee Patteson and Farley Granger, with Jameson Parker in between them, all holding sacks of letters for Kathy, with Kathy affecting a "swoon" pose as they present her with their sacks. I've tried searching for it online, but can't locate it.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16810/22/2017

Miss Glass was the first daytime actress to have a 24/7 ABC security detail (a perk only reserved for top level execs and the biggest stars) because she was being mobbed by hordes of teen fans. She couldn't even go to the market without being mobbed. Has her Q score been discussed on this site?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 16910/22/2017

Her Q score has been discussed in passing. Just very fleetingly. Can someone supply us with the details of her Q score? Much appreciated!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17010/22/2017

Just a remider of who are Daytimer of the Month is.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17110/22/2017

R168- YOU MUST find this sacred photo of Kathy being flanked by these glorious men and her copious sacks bulging with fan mail from across the land. There was probably barely any room for the actors and Kathy herself, as those fan mail bags probably look like PLANETS!

BRAVO KATHY!!!

The greatest actress in daytime ever. Unsurpassed in all ways.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17210/22/2017

They could've juxtaposed that pic with Nat Polen presenting one fan letter to Slee on Shady Pines stationery.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17310/22/2017

my arthritis is killing me

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17410/22/2017

Slee's about 29 in that pic. WTF? Those are some really bad premature aging genetics.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17510/22/2017

I wonder why they didn't run Slee in the 45 minute ad instead of 2 stars from Another World.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17610/22/2017

[quote]They were going to give Brynn/Jenny a bigger send off. They were going to have Jenny get pregnant and develop an abort or die story line. Pretty ground breaking. She was to carry the pregnancy through and die. She fought the story line. So they said fine bitch go die in an off screen avalanche instead of a possible Emmy winning story.

They went with the avalanche death because it provided the out of "her body was never found". The producers wanted to leave things a bit open-ended because Thayer was popular with fans and the cast & crew, so they were hoping she'd return in a few months time.

There were a lot of efforts by the first actress to play Jenny (Kathy Glass) to reprise the role. She was unemployed at the time, and was pushing hard to return to OLTL, but producers were a bit leery of Glass. During her time away, they had learned that Glass was sending herself fan mail and voting for herself in the daytime polls, like Soap Opera Digest. (It was the equivalent of someone today going on the web and posting a lot of praise and interest for themselves.) So the character of Jenny was (temporarily) killed off.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17710/22/2017

r177=alternative facts, with more lies than a White House press conference.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17810/22/2017

I have always believed Slee's six Emmys were actually meant for Susan Lucci. The panel was confused because Slee's real name is Erika and Lucci's character was Erica.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 17910/22/2017
by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18010/22/2017
by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18110/22/2017

Everything I wrote I believe to be true, based on an interview with Glass herself.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18210/22/2017
by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18310/22/2017

[quote]JdP admitted that he wanted to be top dog and had to compete for stories.

He WAS the top dog...for a time anyway. He just wanted to stay the hottest hunk in town forever. As did RSW before him and I think it's safe to say RSW wasn't any happier about being knocked off his perch by the next big thing than JdP was. But that's just the nature of soaps.

The funny thing about JdP directing his anger at Roger Howarth is that RH clearly never wanted to be the next hot guy/top dog in soaps or a soap lifer at all. He just came back to the feeding trough again and again when he realized he wasn't going to hit it big outside of soaps.

Both of them were really two sides of the same coin.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18410/22/2017

You make a great point R184. So many actors like RoHo would rather be anywhere except soaps, but they discover that being great in a soap doesn't always translate to being great outside of soaps.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18510/22/2017

Kathy Glass was the long lost sister of Bonnie Franklin!

That explains the resemblance!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18610/22/2017

"Dammit, Kathy!"

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18710/22/2017

I had the most magnificent dream last night. I was a teenager again and watching a daypart serial called "UnreQuited Love" with a bunch of other teens. The end credits were glorious: Created by, Produced by, Written by, and Starring Miss Katherine Glass as our ingenue Bronwyn. I've been depressed ever since I woke up and realized it was all just a dream.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18810/22/2017

Slee's high school yearbook picture

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 18910/22/2017

I'm not the Katherine Glass troll, but out of curiosity, I looked her up.

Wikipedia does not mention her Q score but does mention her teenage fan mail while on OLTL.

Wikipedia also reports that she was on the short lived ealry 1970s soaps The Best of Everything and Return to Peyton Place, where she played Allison McKenzie (the role Mia Farrow had in the 1960s prime time version).

Also says she was attacked by a man with a knife while she was on Return to Peyton Place.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19010/22/2017

Slee must have logged in and edited out the Q score part.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19110/22/2017

Was the Glass troll given a free pass out of the asylum today?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19210/22/2017

[quote] Was the Glass troll given a free pass out of the asylum today?

apparently

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19310/22/2017

You're naughty, r189:)

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19410/22/2017

Was anyone else here a member of the Phyllis Behar Fan Club? I'm talking about her official fan club, not the numerous unauthorized ones that began popping up in 1978. I still have her autographed photo.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19510/22/2017

I used to suffer through the last 15 minutes of OLTL, just awaiting GH so I could worship the talents of Merrie Lynn Ross (Emma Lutz).

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19610/22/2017

Who cares about 70s OLTL? The DL should be discussing the divas of the 80s.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19710/22/2017

I will never understand why a college girl would like hanging out with a 3 old people.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19810/22/2017

She's earning a the Girl Scout Volunteering With Geriatrics Badge.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 19910/22/2017

Fuck - Marry - Date - Kill

Gillian Spencer

Christine Jones

Slee

Joanne Dorian

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20010/22/2017

You're forgetting Judith Barcroft.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20110/22/2017

Date Slee, Marry Slee, Kill Slee, Fuck Slee.

In that order.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20210/22/2017

Marry - Christine Jones

Fuck - Gillian Spencer

Date= Joanne Dorian

Kill - Slee

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20310/22/2017

I think "Paul! She's over here!" is so funny because I imagine Slee doing this in Niki Smith mode. Like super manic or something from one of the 9 to 5 dream sequences.

Myself, I think Slee is lovely and wish I had a Slee-type aunt or mother. Alas, my mother is more of a Strasser type.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20410/22/2017

I'm sure Erika is a very lovely person. The stuff that Ellen Holly accuses her of is so bogus.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20510/22/2017

My mother is more of a Jean Randolph type. As an adult I so appreciate what she brought to the table.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20610/22/2017

Slee is a homely gal. Working yet???

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20710/22/2017

Why would you so easily believe Erika over Ellen? You don't know Erika Slezak personally. You don't know what she believes or what she says or said 40 years ago. Personally, I would hope that she didn't say those things but her word is no better or worse than Ellen Holly's. Everyone has their version of what the truth is. I'm not going to dismiss Ellen because I want to believe Erika is some saint who farts glitter and rainbows. I don't know what's in her heart and mind and interviews in soap opera digest don't give you any deeper look into who actors are. If this last year has taught me anything, it is never to assume that you know someone because they seem nice. Seeming nice and actually being nice are two different things.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20810/22/2017

Can we drop all this KG blather and talk about one of the great OLTL characters, Marco Dane?? Any scoop about him or his portrayer??

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 20910/22/2017

I'm pretty sure Erika's farting dust by now.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21010/22/2017

Well R209 Gerry Anthony offed himself so he obviously had issues.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21110/23/2017

Did Holly call out Agnes Nixon at all?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21210/23/2017

Well he killed himself r209

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21310/23/2017

Aggie was a senile old bat.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21410/23/2017

Aggie obviously felt bad about Ellen and Lil being fired, so she offered to bring them over to Loving. Lil was up for it up, but Holly saw it as yet another insult, so she said no thanks. There's no pleasing some people.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21510/23/2017

Did the studio at Loving have a parking garage near it? I think Holly was concerned about where Lil would park.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21610/23/2017

Nixon only cared about La Hoochi

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21710/23/2017

[quote] Why would you so easily believe Erika over Ellen?

I can't qwhite put my finger on why these folks would take Erika's side.......

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21810/23/2017

Scroll to 3:22. This the woman who supposedly was running through a parking lot and driving to work?!?!? The poor woman could barely walk. BTW, Ellen Holly is quite a good actress in this scenes. Much better than Slee.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 21910/23/2017

Wow. That scene between Ellen and Lil was great. Real talent there. Not scenery chewing like a certain old looking frau.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22010/23/2017

That scene was good. I forgot that in the old days on ABC soaps they didn't use a lot of background music.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22110/23/2017

I remember how funny it was how beautiful Edwina became as soon as she got that haircut

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22210/23/2017

Edwina, Carla and Sadie would be gone shortly after this episode, I believe. I was shocked that they actually lasted into 1984.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22310/23/2017

I hated how the defanged Edwina before she left though. She was a nasty piece of work and was great fun.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22410/23/2017

I just imagine the dazzling, effervescent Christine Jones in those scenes and how she would have enchanted the American viewing public. Slee did bring me to tears, though as she reminded me of my beloved warm grandma.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22510/23/2017

Edwina was my all time favorite character until they ruined her at the end. I think she was beautiful with long hair too. Either way she had great eyes.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22610/23/2017

I have heard the voice of Kathy Glass as Jenny! "What is it about you and hot milk?"

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22710/23/2017

I'd forgotten about that whore Lana McClain. Jenny sure hung with a rough crowd for being a former nun.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22810/23/2017

Heaven begins at 9:57. Miss Katherine Glass! So feminine and sexy, yet almost painfully demurely so. That Thayer creature could never have pulled this off. NEVER!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 22910/23/2017

How about all the different Melindas? Which one did you like best?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23010/23/2017

The first one. Patricia Pearcy. She was delightfully creepy and damaged. She was also the one and only thing that humanized Pinkerton's Dorian. Though I love Jane Badler.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23110/23/2017

I enjoyed Sharon Gabet. She was lively (and got to tryst with hot Jon Russell).

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23210/23/2017

r232, I always liked her as Raven on EON.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23310/23/2017

Kathy Glass is really a man named Harvey Glasser.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23410/23/2017

Those audio CDs of late 70s OLTL are pretty neat, like OLTL on radio. I'm thinking about going through at least some of it and some of the audio AW available.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23510/23/2017

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any clips of Gillian Spencer as Viki?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23610/23/2017

LOL Colin Wakefield - MJ's gay lover.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23710/23/2017

Did Lil Hymen love the pussy? She never married.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23810/23/2017

With all the Harvey Weinstein stuff we should revisit the evil Paul Rauch and all of his sexual harassment of actresses. Of course some willingly visited his office during their lunch breaks. Kristen Meadows, Louise Sorel come to mind. I imagine Zimmer and her fat ass probably offered but he probably just enjoyed drinking with her.

Rauch's treatment of Ellen Holly was bizarre and not sexual. Maybe he didn't like black actresses?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 23910/24/2017

Holly’s cootch probably smelled.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24010/24/2017

Rauch loved to diddle the vagine

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24110/24/2017

He never diddled mine.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24210/24/2017

I was diddled every day!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24310/24/2017

Paul may have been a racist, I don't know. But weren't Lil and Ellen fired to free up money? That's typically the way it works in daytime where there are limited budgets. You even move people to recurring or get rid of them altogether in order to find the cash to pay for someone else.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24410/24/2017

r244 I have no idea why Ellen and Lillian were let go from OLTL. But soaps had huge budgets in the 1980s. OLTL was in the Top 5 of the ratings throughout the 80s. Obviously OLTL didn't have unlimited cash but it certainly could support a large cast and extravagant location shoots to Europe and other places (remember the remotes to Venice and Vienna, among others).

In those days, you didn't hear about actors being fired to free up money to hire other actors. I think the first time I heard of an actor being fired to pay for hiring another actor was when JFP fired Ellen Parker to hire Justin Deas on GL in 1993.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24510/24/2017

They didn't fit in with Rauch's vision for the show. It's that simple.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24610/24/2017

r244, yes he just got rid of the two longest running cast members on the show, both of whom happened to be black, but you're not sure he was a racist or not.

And OLTL was the whitest soap in the white soap world during his time there.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24710/24/2017

He wasn't a racist. He just got rid of the dull characters played by costly actors, who happened to be black. He introduced the Halls' doctor son, the Barrons, and Bobby Blue. On GL, he introduced the Beaudreuxs. He's many things, but I doubt "racist" is one of them.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24810/24/2017

Get those black bitches out of my sight.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 24910/24/2017

There was definitely pressure on Rauch for diversity by 1990. Remember that whole awful rap storyline?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25010/24/2017

And Sadie and Lil had been downgraded to chat over coffee characters.

Paul's OLTL was about Tina, Gabrielle, VILLIANS, and action!! Constant action!!

And that old lady who took Augusts off to have bunions removed.

It was about her too.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25110/24/2017

If Lil could have stayed on OLTL until 1989, she could have singlehandedly taken on Eterna.

They could have had Lil sit on, and suffocate Leo Cromwell.

Gabrielle would have had the smarts to utilize Lil to that end.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25210/24/2017

Sadie was always a talk-to over coffee type character. She never had a story of her own. My favorite Sadie/Viki scene was when Sadie showed up at Llanfair for Viki's annual New Year' s Eve bash. She assumed she was one of the guests, but when Viki opened the door she handed Sadie a maid's uniform and told her to "get to work."

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25310/24/2017

Maria Roberts used to scare me.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25410/24/2017

Maria looked like she'd eat a small child

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25510/24/2017

Christine Jones has aged wonderfully. Slee, not so much.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25610/24/2017

Do you remember JdP's return when he re-signed with the show? They introduced his ass before his face.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25710/25/2017

Did Gottlieb boot Nicholas Walker the same way she did Elaine Princi without any real notice?

Considering she brought back JdP, Loprieno and Strasser, I am still surprised about the old story that Jensen Buchanan was apparently looking to return in 1991 before joining AW and Gottlieb didn't know who she was.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25810/25/2017

Remember when Phil Carey marched into Gottlieb’s office when he found out Strasser was coming back? He told Gottlieb that he better not have any scenes with that bitch. lol

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 25910/26/2017

Ironic considering Carey himself was cantankerous and sometimes difficult to work with.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26010/26/2017

I wish we had the chance to see what Malone/Gottlieb would have done with AE's Tina and Gabrielle had they both stayed. I know Malone had said at one point that they wanted to keep FiHutch in 1991 but it was a money dispute with ABC.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26110/26/2017

I would have loved to see what Malone/Gottlieb would have done with AE's Tina and Gabrielle!!! Both such complicated characters I bet under this regime they would be more nuanced. That would have been great. I loved the OLTL in the early 90s but we lost so many signature characters and inherited so many newbies. Really felt like a different show. HATED Luna and her "romance" with Max irritated me to no end. LOVED anything Todd, Marty, and I liked KW's Tina.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26210/26/2017

Luna looked like a donkey.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26310/26/2017

Luna was a dumb character.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26410/26/2017

Susan Batten was an ABC superstar!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26510/26/2017

Could not stand Luna. I ff'd all her scenes. The only good thing the character did was die.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26610/26/2017

Luna was Linda Gottlieb's version of Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing. Sorry Luna was NO Baby. JVD was kind of a Patrick Swayze type but the true love romance of Max/Luna was forced.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26710/26/2017

I loved Luna. She, and Marty (after the rape) were the two quirky characters of Malone/Gottlieb that worked.

Susan Batten was great, but she didn't quite fit there, nor at ATWT. She would have made a fantastic Roxie Shayne on GL and I don't know why no one ever saw that.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26810/26/2017

OLTL ended for me when the show decided to give a rapist a romantic story.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 26910/26/2017

Ewwww, a rapist getting a romantic storyline! So distateful. No audience would ever watch that.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27010/26/2017

Try almost every soap that ever aired R270

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27110/26/2017

Todd became the show, regardless of being a rapist or not. That was the huge mistake.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27210/26/2017

Luna was the perfect supporting character. I had no problem with her.

More than anything, I loved the sense of community during those years.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27310/26/2017

Susan Batten so was hated by fans on ATWT that they sent cans of Alpo dog food to her at the studio!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27410/26/2017

r270, never liked Luke either.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27510/26/2017

Tony Geary, Jonathan Frid and George Reinholt were the biggest heart throbs I can think of in soaps and what do all three have in common?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27610/27/2017

R276 They were all pussy hounds. Good looking, popular straight men who could get all the women they want.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27710/27/2017

Lady Geary loved to eat pussy.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27810/27/2017

He ate me like a rockstar!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 27910/27/2017

How come Kin Shriner never married?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28010/27/2017

Kin never married because he loves pussy and can’t settle for just one to eat out.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28110/27/2017

BOW BITCHES!!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28210/27/2017

R282 Sleztak is clutching her pearls right now needing Life Alert.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28310/27/2017

Slee is smart enough to see that pic is 'shopped to death. Hooch wishes she really looked like that.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28410/27/2017

Slee looked older in 1978 than Sue looks now!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28510/27/2017

Slee has a fat son who lives in her basement and an actress daughter who has not acted yet, except for when Slee got her the 1 day job on OLTL . Looch has 2 successful children and many grandchildren. Does Slee have grandkids yet? Time is running out........

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28610/27/2017

Slee has no grandkids, but the irony is that she has looked like a great-grandmother since 1975.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28710/27/2017

R276

COCK LOVERS

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28810/27/2017

Get that Susan Lucci crap OFF this board!

this is for OLTL dammit!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 28910/27/2017

We can talk about AMC. It's was Agnes's favorite baby. OLTL was her bastard child of rape that she kept hidden in the attic.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29010/27/2017

Excuse me?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29110/27/2017

Hooch's painted upper lip is a better actress than she is.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29210/27/2017

SLucci and Slee were both born in 1946.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29310/27/2017

Typo, R293. Slee was born in 1846. Read her autobiography, she talks about how Lincoln's assassination affected her as a child.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29410/28/2017

My favorite chapter from Slee's autobiography was about her childhood idolization of Sarah Bernhard and how that made her want to be an actress.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29510/28/2017

Slee Rules!

Hoochi Sucks!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29610/28/2017

Did anyone catch Slee's screen test for Aunt Pittypat Hamilton on Gone With the Wind? It used to be on youtube, but someone must've pulled it off. A shame that Selznick deemed her too old for the role. I think that part of of Aunt Pittypat can later be seen in her Miss Ginny in the OLTL wild west storyline.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29710/28/2017

Slee was 1st runner up to Elsa Lanchester for The Bride of Frankenstein.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29810/28/2017

Lucy and Desi were considering Slee for the part of Ethel, but even Lucy thought she was TOO old and dumpy looking for the part.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 29910/28/2017

The Lumiere brothers said, in 1896, that it was great to direct an old veteran like Slee.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30010/28/2017

Margo Channing wasn't in attendance at Our American Cousin the night Lincoln was shot.

It was Slee.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30110/28/2017

When Slee sits around the house, she sits *around* the house!!

Oh wait.... That's not an age joke, that's a size joke.

Never Mind.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30210/28/2017

Slee babysat me as a child!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30310/28/2017

Slee was like a great grandmother to Irna Phillips.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30410/28/2017

Bert Bauer's Good Leg I love you, and your name and hope that you will become a regular poster.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30510/28/2017

Did anyone else enjoy Claire Malis as Dorian? She Dorian when I first got hooked on OLTL. She terrified me.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30610/28/2017

Thank you, R305. I am a regular already.....but will try to bring more of my Good Leg to the threads!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30710/28/2017

What kind of Mary Kennicott would Slee have made? Can you see Lucci calling her 'mousy' like she used to do when Susan Blanchard played the part. Slee is too elegant to have played Mary Kennicott R.N. Mary Mac as Jeff used to call her. Slee would have looked like Charlie Frank's Gran. Is it possible Slee was auditioning for Kate Martin?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30810/28/2017

The story goes that Slee was reading with Charles Frank during her audition and when she came to the line "but Jeff, you think I'm so young and innocent," everyone in the room started giggling.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 30910/29/2017

For all you eldergays, a 1981 episode.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31010/29/2017

Christine Jones was awful as tempViki

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31110/29/2017

She gets a lot of criticism but I find Jacqueline Courtney beautiful with a loverly sultry voice. You can see how much sun she got even in these scenes. Which is sad since that is ultimately what killed her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31210/29/2017

By the way, that Wayne Massey (who I finally just found on an interview clip on YT with Andrea Evans) was one HOT and HANDSOME motherfucker. Damn Andrea! I would have kept that man! I think I would say that he was one of the most handsome men that OLTL ever had.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31310/29/2017

[quote] Christine Jones was awful as tempViki

Leave! This! House!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31410/29/2017

I don't know how Jacquie Courtney gets criticism. There was a lot of JEALOUSY over her because she was a STAR. Someone like Ellen Holly who wrote bitter things about Jacquie's acting during the twin storyline (yeah she was bad as the British one lol) shows Holly's bitterness about her diminished role.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31510/29/2017

God Slee's oldness is contagious. Look how much younger and virile Clint looks when he's next to Jacqueline Courtney. Plus her twin story was fucking epic.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31610/29/2017

R315, R312 here. Behind the scenes the "gossip" is that Jackie did not get along with most fellow actors. (Supposedly RSW despised her) A lot of the powers that be that she worked with thought that she wasn't a great actress- Rauch, that revered writer from Another World... I have read that she was bitchy. But I see no confirmation of this. I find her beautiful and quite a lovely actress.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31710/29/2017

[quote] I don't know how Jacquie Courtney gets criticism.

I imagine some of it might have been the fact that she was truly one of the most dreadful actresses who ever lived.

She was the Florence Foster Jenkins of daytime. Almost there sometimes, but could never quite reach it........

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31810/29/2017

Supposedly Courtney was never liked behind the scenes. Powers that be thought she was very limited, she did not get along with most co-stars, RSW despised her.

I don't know, I think she was lovely.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 31910/29/2017

Jackie was dreadful but she had a ton of on-screen charisma. The camera adored her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32010/29/2017

who is RSW?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32110/29/2017

Robert S Woods- Bo

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32210/29/2017

Remember when they tried to pair Clint with Carlotta?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32310/29/2017

They tried to make Pat's son look like Kathy Glass to get his Q score up.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32410/29/2017

Amen R324. That kid knew where his bread was buttered. The little bastard had the highest Q Rating in the 10 year old to 22 year old actors in the day part, as well as the 2nd highest fan mail in that demo during the daypart.

He shared Queen Kathy's agent and business manager.

We love you Kathy!!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32510/29/2017

We hate you Kathy

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32610/29/2017

Kristy McNicol/Mary Lou Retton looking ass Kathy Glass. No, just no.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32710/29/2017
by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32810/29/2017

Wasn't Miss Glass the only daypart actress to have starring breakout roles and enormous Q scores and fan mail on on 4 different soaps?

The Best of Everything

Return to Peyton Place

One Life to Live

The Doctors

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 32910/29/2017

She looks like this homeless lady in our neighborhood.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33010/29/2017

Jacquie got along great with Nancy Pinkerton, Dorrie Kavanaugh, Jennifer Harmon, Linda Dano and Tom Fuccello. There was a resentment from the Slezak/Patterson set who felt that Courtney/Reinholt were interlopers who 'saved' the show. Remember though that OLTL was Agnes's baby and she had brought a LOT of former Another World people to One Life when she created it. David Pressman and Doris Quinlan worked at AW as did actors Doris Belack, Joe Gallison and Tony Ponzini. Jacquie started an affair with Joe Stuart that did turn a lot of actors against her. Slezak felt Stuart favored Jacquie and then when Judith Light's popularity heated up sides were taken. Most jarring to Jacquie was former bf Robin Strasser going over to the Judith Light camp. I'm sure someone like Ellen Holly was insulted nobody wanted her on their side.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33110/29/2017

Sunday must be the one day of the week the Glass troll gets to leave the asylum.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33210/29/2017

Throwback to the week of October 31, 1977, exactly 40 years ago:

Q Score/OLTL/Actresses:

(1) Katherine Glass

(2) Jacqueline Courtney

(3) Kathy Harmon

Q Score/Daypart Overall/Actresses:

(1) Susan Seaforth Hayes (DOOL)

(2) Katherine Glass (OLTL)

(3) Denise Alexander (GH)

#Teen Fan Letters/OLTL/Actresses:

(1) Katherine Glass (2,089 letters)

(2) Jacqueline Courtney (176 letters)

(3) Nancy Pinkerton (98 letters)

#Teen Fan Letters/Daypart Overall/Actresses:

(1) Katherine Glass (OLTL; 2,089 letters)

(2) Candice Earley (AMC; 929 letters)

(3) Tricia Pursley (AMC; 876 letters)

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33310/29/2017

Speaking as a mental health professional, I think the Kathy Glass troll needs a great deal of help. Where could we send him?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33410/29/2017

Mountain View Sanitarium, of course.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33510/29/2017

I'm dying to know the same stats for the 55 and over crowd R333. Do you have those numbers?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33610/29/2017

Yes R336, R333 will go research his insane 83 year old mind for more false statistics that never existed from the Daypart for the over 55's,

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33710/29/2017

you had me until Candace Earley

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33810/29/2017

All the Jacqueline Courtney hate and thinking she was a bad actress is new to me. Everyone I know who watched her loved Pat Ashley. I always thought she left on her own. Didn't think anyone would fire her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 33910/29/2017

Jackie went back to AW after Rauch fired her, but they didn't know what to do with her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34010/29/2017

I am a lifetime watcher of OLTL. I couldn't stand Pat Ashley...saccharine, boring and, yes, bad acting.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34110/29/2017

HI SLEE!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34210/29/2017

Ellen Holly was probably the best actress to ever grace the series, and she was totally taken for granted and made to feel somehow less important than the white actresses, which was a metaphor for how black people were treated by society in general.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34310/29/2017

Ellen had a good run. They really should have made her Viki's illegitimate sister. That would have stirred up some controversy, ratings, and some good stories. They missed the boat on that one. Around 1978 would have been the best time for that. The possibilities for that would have been endless. The only catch would have been Victor wanting to fuck Lil. I guess she could have started out as a maid to Victor.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34410/29/2017

Slee, as Young Viki (age 65), in endless flashback: "LIL, NO!!!!!" as she walked in on her father in bed with Lil.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34510/29/2017

That would have given her six more alters. The story would have been best with Carla not being the nice sister. Having her get to know all the alters and using them to get the Lord empire. Maybe seducing Clint. The possibilities were endless. Having her hook up and marry Bo. A whole lot of ways to go with that twist. I wonder if they ever thought about it. Probably not.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34610/29/2017

Carla never had any memorable storylines after the initial passing for white story. Ellen should be lucky she lasted as long as she did.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34710/29/2017

It was a different time, so I really feel that Ellen's story possibilities were limited to the black storyline. In the 70s the only black storyline that I can think of was David and Valerie and the racists got that shut down. There was a black storyline on The Doctors, but that was like a C story and was never front burner.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34810/29/2017

r334, to ETERNA...permanently!!!!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 34910/29/2017

Hi r336. This is what my records are showing for the 55+ viewing crowd for the week of October 31, 1977. Notice the three-way tie for #3 in the 55+ letters category for daypart overall.

#55+ Fan Letters/OLTL/Actresses:

(1) Lillian Hayman (Sadie Grey; 241 letters)

(2) Erika Slezak (Viki Lord Riley; 190 letters)

(3) Kathleen McGuire (temp Anna Wolek Craig; 78 letters)

#55+ Fan Letters/Daypart Overall/Actresses:

(1) Ruth Warrick (Phoebe Tyler, AMC; 975 letters)

(2) Audrey Peters (Vanessa Sterling, LOL; 833 letters)

(3) (tie) Constance Ford (Ada McGowan, AW; 797 letters)

(3) (tie) Irene Dailey (Liz Matthews, AW; 797 letters)

(3) (tie) Holland Tayloer (Denise Cavanaugh, EON; 797 letters)

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35010/29/2017

I agree, Jacqueline Courtney never really transferred well to OLTL.

She WAS Alice on AW. Great at suffering, great at emoting. Great chemistry with George Reinholt. Audiences loved her.

Yet, when they transferred all those same elements to OLTL, somehow it didn't work as well.

And all the replacement Alices on AW never really caught on with the audience either.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35110/29/2017

Thank you so much for posting that information R350. I'm not sure how far back your database goes, but I do hope that you continue to post similar information in all key demos, Teens, 20-54, and 55 and offer as the weeks progress. This is valuable information that informs our discussion about this classic soap. I think this used to be posted in Daytime TV Magazine, but I can't remember.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35210/29/2017

I never believed the stats published on 55+ fan letters, simply because so many women would shave anywhere from 4 to 8 years off their age in the letters. I, for one, always thought the fans should include copies of their driver's license or birth certificate when writing fan letters so the numbers could be computed accurately.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35310/29/2017

Jacquie Courtney got my juices flowing ‘down there’.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35410/30/2017

Results of the over 55 year old Q ratings and teen fan mail have been sealed until the year 2046. For national security reasons.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35510/30/2017

Time for the Glass troll to return to the padded room.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35610/30/2017

You mean the Glasshole.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35710/30/2017

The Vaseline budget for the camera lens went down when the ethereal Christine Jones assumed the role of Vicki Lord. The grace and poise exhibited by Ms. Jones as she regally moved from scene to scene was the talk of the industry. Her ability to wear the fashions of the day were a stark contrast to the plodding, pondering Erika Slezak. Agnes Nixon was beside herself seeing her character of Vicki come to life. Nixon was said to hope Slezak would stay home after the birth of her baby and say she was retiring from acting.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35810/30/2017

Do we know Miss Christine Jones' Q Score and Teen Fan Mail stats? Asking for a friend. TIA.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 35910/30/2017

Let's talk about the real star of OLTL: ME!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36010/30/2017

I missed her so much when BreeCheese took over. Jessica was never again a character you could root for.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36110/30/2017

I remember when these threads had some good info about the show and things of the past. Now it's mostly filled with ridiculous repeat non funny attempts at humor. Sad.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36210/30/2017

I have asked repeatedly to dish on Miss Frank's cock and his NY hookups over the years, but no one has any stories.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36310/30/2017

Christine Jones sucked so bad as Viki. It looked like she was sleepwalking through her scenes.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36410/30/2017

Miss Frank likes puerto rican cock.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36510/30/2017

Who doesn't?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36610/30/2017

Does that mean Miss Frank "had" user-hot David Fumero?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36710/30/2017

If Frankie had a casting couch, he had great taste.

John Brotherton (Jared), Mark Lawson (Brody), the Ford brothers, and of course, the Triscuit.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36810/30/2017

the Kathy Glass troll(s) and the Tercel troll(s) have completely ruined these threads.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 36910/30/2017

Very interesting that Frankie never tried to find jobs for any of the "hunks" who were pushed at OLTL. Instead he chose the two aging disasters Howarth and Easton, and former teen sexpot Kristen Alderson.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37010/30/2017

Why did the quality and looks of the leading men take such a sharp downturn in the 90s? Howarth and Easton both could co-headline DL's "men who resemble lesbians" thread.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37110/30/2017

r370, I think those three were forced on him by ABC.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37210/30/2017

Wrong r372, especially with Easton. Frank said he was a "good friend" and he wanted to find him a place. It was only after Frank gained back some power that Easton approved to come back (after Ron left).

Frons was no longer at the helm, no one higher up at ABC had "pets".

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37310/30/2017

I wonder if Frank and Tuc ever hooked up. However, I'm not sure they're each other's type. Someone said that was Frank was into Latino trade.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37410/30/2017

According to many sources, Frank's type is young, dark hair, buff guys or Ford Bros. People have claimed that he casts the type of guys that he goes for. Look at the types of newbies that he has cast on GH. Remember GH that used to be known for it's casting, think of all the himbos they've cast over the last several years. That's all Frank. He has a type.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37510/30/2017

Frank is into llantano trade?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37610/30/2017

Look what I found....

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37710/30/2017

I always thought Dr. Steven Haver, the Music Box killer, resembled Delilah's late brother, Drew Ralston. They could have been brothers!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37810/30/2017

Christine Jones was the astral version of Victoria Lord. An ethereal creature who was like a Lark Song with a wisp of grace who floated above the screen.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 37911/02/2017

I could see Frank with Paevey

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38011/02/2017

Strassman had a nasty meltdown on twitter. No wonder she can’t get hired. No one wants to hire a cunt! Nasty beeyatch.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38111/02/2017

Frankie's sausage is mine!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38211/03/2017

that's how you drink a fucking soda.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38311/03/2017

Did Frank ever do the Ford bros?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38411/03/2017

As a young gayling, I used to run home from school to watch Dark Shadows. I started to get home earlier and would catch the last half of OLTL. Pretty soon, I didn't give a fuck about Dark Shadows. I wanted to find out what was going on with Vicki, Karen, Carla and Larry. That should have been my ah-ha moment.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38511/03/2017

I can't wait to see the Broadway show for this, set in a parking garage.

Like Dreamgirls! But with more exhaust fumes.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38611/03/2017

Slee would have made a wonderful Edith Collins in the 1897 Dark Shadows flashback.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38711/03/2017

All the Richard Abbotts. Each one getting less and less hot.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38811/03/2017

Richard Abbott was a peculiar character. One day he and Viki "discovered" they were cousins, if I remember correctly. It seems very contrived.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 38911/03/2017

The first Richard Abbott was cute and looked like he kept a clean hole. The rest...not so much. The fourth one looked like Herb from WKRP. It was like Viki's kids. They just figured if they kept recasting him they'd finally figure out what to do with him.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39011/03/2017

They brought on Richard to do the wealthy guy/white trash girl love story to copy the template of the Chuck/Donna love story on AMC that had been incredibly popular with viewers. The big difference is that Richard and Becky were a complete bore.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39111/03/2017

The second Richard looked like he was about 57.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39211/03/2017

Whatever happened to Becky Lee? She was central for a long time.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39311/03/2017

I loved Becky Lee. I think she got pregnant by Bo, married Asa to give it the Buchanan name, then left town with Johnny Drummond. Johnny being one of the hottest men ever on daytime. Then Wayne Massey and Andrea Evans got married in real life. It didn't last long.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39411/03/2017

I think Wayne Massey had a very big cock. Didn't Andrea Evans go with Smokey Robinson for awhile?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39511/03/2017

Is Wayne Massey a relation of Miss Chandler Massey.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39611/03/2017

Chanandler Bung.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39711/03/2017

In the 80s with Andrea Evans' popularity and how central the character was, one would never have guessed what an afterthought the character of Tina would be after the mid90s.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39811/04/2017

That's because the show changed the focus from Viki having to deal with her errant sister, Tina, to Viki having to deal with her errant brother, Todd. The trouble was that Tina never committed a gang rape. Todd was one of those characters (like Luke) who was disturbingly popular and the show had to figure out how to make him a troubled anti-hero instead of a irremediable, disgusting criminal.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 39911/04/2017

Everyone was hoping that Slee would pop out more kids, as that meant the chance to work with Christine Jones. Well, everyone besides Jackie Courtney, who felt her leading lady status threatened every time Christine came on the show.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40011/04/2017

In all fairness, EVERY character played second fiddle after Todd, not just Tina. That character held the whole show hostage. It was really the beginning of the end.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40111/04/2017

I dug into my archives and found the Q scores and teen fan mail rankings for this week in 1980. Although there were a few surprises in the top 5 lists, just look who was able to break the GH juggernaut! It's amazing that Miss Glass was able to take her fans with her from OLTL to The Doctors. And what was Ruth Warrick doing with all that teen fan mail. Interesting, to say the least.

For the week of November 3, 1980:

Q Score, Daypart Overall, Actress:

(1) Denise Alexander (Lesley Webber, General Hospital)

(2) Katherine Glass (M.J. Carroll, The Doctors)

(3) Leslie Charleson (Monica Quartermaine, General Hospital)

(4) Genie Ann Francis (Laura Baldwin, General Hospital)

(5) Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie Spencer, General Hospital)

Q Score, The Doctors, Actress*:

(1) Katherine Glass (M.J. Carroll)

(2) Lydia Bruce (Maggie Powers)

*Note: only two actresses from The Doctors exceeded the threshold for a measurable Q score.

Teen Fan Mail, Daypart Overall, Actress:

(1) Genie Ann Francis (Laura Baldwin, General Hospital; 2,048 letters)

(1) (tie) Katherine Glass (M.J. Carroll, The Doctors; 2,048 letters)

(3) Ruth Warrick (Phoebe Tyler, All My Children; 724 letters)

(4) Lisa Brown (Nola Reardon, The Guiding Light; 698 letters)

(5) Kristen Vigard (Morgan Richards, The Guiding Light; 615 letters)

(5) (tie) Taylor Miller (Nina Cortlandt, All My Children; 615 letters)

Teen Fan Mail, The Doctors, Actress**:

(1) Katherine Glass (M.J. Carroll; 2,048 letters)

(2) Gracie Harrison (Greta Powers; 8 letters)

**Note: only two actresses from The Doctors received letters from teen viewers.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40211/04/2017

We love you ALWAYS Kathy!!!!

Congratulations again on your top ranking Q Score and fan mail numbers.

We would follow you from One Life To Live to The Doctors to the moon and BEYOND!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40311/04/2017

Congrats, Kathy, my love. Couldn't happen to a nicer and more deserving actress!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40411/04/2017

Poor Gracie Harrison, only 8 letters? Damn. That must have sucked, when Kathy was getting all her letters.

What was her Q Score and teen fan mail during Return to Peyton Place and Best of Everything?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40511/04/2017

Yes, r405, I do have those numbers. AND MORE! Just a warning that Kathy had not fully blossomed yet, and although she ranked high and got a ton of teen fan mail, her rankings woudn't become stratapheric until she joined OLTL and carried that show for three years. I will post them a little later on after I finish lunch. Nothing like a bowl of prune soup on a chilly autumn day.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40611/04/2017

I love prune soup! It keeps things flowing down there!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40711/04/2017

If Kathy Glass was so great, how come -- having watched OLTL from beginning to end -- I barely remember her? I mean, she was okay, but she was in and out pretty fast. And did she get to sample that Tom Berenger or Jameson Parker tasty meat?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40811/04/2017

R381 wasnt she hired for Days of Our Lives? Strasser starts airing on DAYS in January according to spoilers

They better put her in scenes with Kassie DePaiva on DAYS. She plays Eve on there

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 40911/04/2017

That Wayne Massey is one big hangin' man.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41011/04/2017

The Glass troll is out early this week.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41111/04/2017

Strassman is not on Days. No one wants to take on that bitch with all the drama she brings with her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41211/04/2017

Strasser would be an asset to any show.

And r412, you forgot your usual trolling of bringing up her sons.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41311/04/2017

Here are the rankings for the week of November 6, 1972. Our girl wasn't #1 in either category just yet, barely cracking the top 15, but she made the "up and coming" category. Even the magazines of the time knew her Q score was rising faster than anyone dared dream.

Q Score, Daypart Overall, Actress:

(1) Denise Alexander (Susan, Days of Our Lives)

(2) Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie, Days of Our Lives)

(3) Jackie Courtney (Alice, Another World)

(4) Eileen Fulton (Lisa, As the World Turns)

(5) Robin Strasser (Rachel, Another World)

(6) Anna Stuart (Toni, The Doctors)

(7) Ann Wedgeworth (Lahoma, Somerset)

(8) Elizabeth Hubbard (Althea, The Doctors)

(9) Ann Williams (Eunice, Search for Tomorrow)

(10) Jada Rowland (Amy, The Secret Storm)

(11) Ann Flood (Nancy, The Edge of Night)

(12) Carolee Campbell (Carolee, The Doctors)

(13) Emily McLaughlin (Jesse, General Hospital)

(14) Courtney Sherman (Kathy, Search for Tomorrow)

(15) Diana Van der Vlis (Kate, Where the Heart Is)

(15) (tie) Katherine Glass (Allison, Return to Peyton Place)

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41411/04/2017

R236, there aren't currently any video or even audio clips on YouTube—like you, I've always been curious to see her take on Viki.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41511/04/2017

Such a good, complex story.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41611/04/2017

It's 1971 and no one from OLTL is in the top Q scores. No wonder Kathy Glass just came on and dominated. Nice to see Emily McLaughlin on the list. Surprised that Liz Hubbard wasn't higher.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41711/04/2017

Ann Wedgeworth being so high up was a total shocker. One can see why Jada Rowland was chosen to replace Caroleen Campbell in a few years. Even though she was on a struggling show, she still managed to rate a high Q score.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41811/04/2017

I'm surprised that Wedgeworth was higher than Carol Roux. Everyone loved Missy. Maybe she was already gone from Somerset by this time.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 41911/04/2017

As soap opera executives knew at the time, you cannot give any weight to the fan mail statistics. Several actresses would encourage their fan clubs to have letter writing campaigns, and use the results to leverage for more money or better storylines. But the absolute death knell for looking at mail volumes was when it was learned one actress, Kathy Glass on OLTL, was writing her *own* fan mail. That is why OLTL producers let Glass leave the show in the late 70s, to rid themselves of the stench of that scandal.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42011/05/2017

As a young gayling, I was drawn to Wayne Massey's package. I suppose Andrea Evans was, too.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42111/05/2017

When you hear about the Russian 'bots' today it is important to note Kathy Glass hired family members and friends to write letters to the producers of Return To Peyton Place on her behalf, saying no one would remember Mia Farrow in the role of Allison now that Kathy assumed the part. Kathy had at least 75 people penning letters and making calls to the Burbank studio. Her efforts were later copied by Deidre Hall when she started playing Dr. Marlena Evans on Days of Our Lives. Dee found the template Kathy used - left behind when Kathy was forced to leave the NBC studios in early 1973 because her hair was falling out from the blonde dye job. Kathy had hidden it behind a make up mirror and Dee was grateful for the blueprint to her own success.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42211/05/2017

Honey, the Glass stuff is not even remotely humorous anymore. If you're going to troll, at least make someone laugh.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42311/05/2017

R423, people in Glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42411/05/2017

I miss David Vickers' double-entendres in the last few years. How they slipped them by the censors I'll never know.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42511/05/2017

I remember on the July 4 show, when he and Ford Hunk #1 were wearing the same tight US-flag speedo, David Vickers said, "That's a well hung banner."

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42611/05/2017

I hate that it's getting so dark early. I like a longer daypart.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42711/05/2017

"A Longer Daypart" could be DL's soap opera.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42811/05/2017

Kathy Glass's Jenny never sat around playing Battleship with Anna Craig.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 42911/05/2017

Jim Craig was Viki's grandson, right?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43011/05/2017

I think he was her nephew.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43111/05/2017

Who wound up winning that that big scrabble tournament between the Craigs and the Rileys during November sweeps 1977?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43211/05/2017

No one. Niki came out and got pissed that her highest scoring word was "cat". So she picked up the board and threw it across the room an ran. Game called on account of crazy.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43311/05/2017

I loved the scene where David Vickers and Addie were playing Scrabble.

Viki comes in and helps Addie with her game, while throwing a few thinly veiled barbs in David's direction (this was when Viki didn't like David). The scene ended as Viki took Addie's Scrabble tiles and spelled out the word CHARLATAN.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43411/05/2017

Some interesting photos. Who's that guy in the bottom one clowing around while Agnes Nixon, Gillian Spencer, and some guy look on? Lee Patterson?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43511/05/2017

Looks like Lee Patterson to me.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43611/05/2017

Lee Patterson was a homosexual.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43711/06/2017

I forgot to finish my comment at r437:

Lee Patterson was a homosexual only after he saw Kathy Glass nude. Before that, the man practically bathed in pussy.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43811/06/2017

He turned homosexual because he knew he could never have me. Just one look at me and he knew no other woman would do.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 43911/06/2017

While Brad was fucking Jenny every night, her peer Viki Riley was playing Yahtzee with the Craigs.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44011/06/2017

That Anna Craig sure was a hot mama!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44111/06/2017

Those Woleks sure were an ugly family.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44211/07/2017

IMHO, the show started to go downhill in 1975 when they introduced the character Jenny Wolek, played by Kathy Glass. Suddenly, the show went from an issues-based program with wonderfully drawn characters from a variety of economic and ethnic backgrounds. Then it became another show about young thwarted love. From 1975 to the end, it was nothing.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44311/07/2017

Larry Wolek was a hunk. Vinnie and Anna not so much.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44411/07/2017

I'm blocking Miss r443 for reasons well known to her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44511/07/2017

K=Kittenish

A=Adorable

T=Touching

H=Heavenly

Y=Youthful

G=Glorious

L=Luscious

A=Amazing

S=Super

S=Sexy

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44611/07/2017

We need better veiled thread names so the Kathy Glass troll can't find us.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44711/07/2017

The Glasshole is the unfunniest thing on this forum since the M and G wars.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44811/07/2017

Helen Lawson Troll, get your ass in here! That's your cue, kid!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 44911/07/2017

No Monopoly marathon for Jenny.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45011/07/2017

So, should we all all pretend to be teenage girls and beg GH to bring Slee on board?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45111/08/2017

Given how much he was shoved down our throats at OLTL, I am surprised JPL has not been offered GH. Then I thought it was maybe all Carlivati, but if that was the case, I would think he'd find a way to bring him back to DOOL like he did KdP.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45211/08/2017

PRETEND, r451?!?!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45311/08/2017

I think since JPL really bombed as Phillip, there's no real way to bring him to DAYS.

If he's smart, he'll find a way to bring on some of those other Kiriakis boys, rather than dig up Phillip for the umpteenth time. Bringing younger viewers in has to be near the top of Ron's to do list.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45411/08/2017

From what I understand, JPL was "in" with Frons, not necessarily Valentini.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45511/08/2017

K=Kindhearted

A=Altruistic

T=Tender

H=Hopeful

Y=Young

G=Gifted

L=Lovable

A=Admirable

S=Sensational

S=Shapely

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45611/08/2017

400+ replies until I realized OP was parodying "Fast Car."

LOL

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45711/08/2017

R457. I am going to be honest. No one even wanted my thread to BE The OLTL thread, and I was hella disappointed that no one appreciated my parody!! I'm not young, I'm 40, but I figured everybody in this thread has to be at least 70 based on the Kathy Glass responses, so my bruised ego chalked it up to that!

Lil's got NOTHING to prove, bitches!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45811/08/2017

I don't want ES anywhere near the garbage that is GH.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 45911/08/2017

I think we should petition GH to bring on Kathy Glass. Maybe she could play Liz' previously unknown younger sister?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46011/08/2017

Kathy Glass is dead.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46111/08/2017

Wow, OP That is clever parody of Tracy Chapman's Fast Car.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46211/08/2017

[quote]I think since JPL really bombed as Phillip, there's no real way to bring him to DAYS.

JPL couldn't play straight convincingly opposite Brandon Beemer, who likewise has difficulty playing straight convincingly.

JPL's Phillip and Beemer's Shawn-Douglas were in a love triangle for Belle's affections. But it played like Phillip and Shawn-Douglas were in love instead.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46311/08/2017

Was Mizz Lil Hyman a thespian or a lezbian?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46411/09/2017

She was a Theszbian.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46511/09/2017

Do you have any data on Lil's teen fan mail and Q scores?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46611/09/2017

We don't care about teen fan mail, or Q scores, or Lil's Tercel, or Kathy Glass and her Mary Lou Retton looking ass, or Slee's prunes, or any other tired jokes you heaux have beat to DEATH.

Find new material, bitches.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46711/09/2017

Mom I need some more prunes! Throw some down.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46811/09/2017

Good god...talk about beating a dead horse with the same jokes. This thread used to be humorous.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 46911/09/2017

Mary Lou Retton???Excuse me.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47011/09/2017

Fuck Kathy Glass! Tony Bull Bua was the queen of teen fan mail. She was Kathy Glass before there was a Kathy Glass.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47111/09/2017

McScuse me?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47211/09/2017

Excuse my beauty and elegance!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47311/09/2017

Why the fuck is DOOL being talked about on here?

Get your own thread DROOL fans.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47411/09/2017

Wanda webb Wolak was such a hottie!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47511/09/2017

Wanda was the bee's knees.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47611/09/2017

Bee's knees?

She was a joy, but we all know *I* am the bee's knees.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47711/09/2017

Karen Wolek gave Charlie Sheen AIDS.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47811/09/2017

[quote]Why the fuck is DOOL being talked about on here?

Yes, because its so much more important to talk about Q scores, Kathy Glass's teen fan mail and throwing prunes to the basement.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 47911/09/2017

Kathy Glass used to work at the same Burbank studio Days is produced when she was on Return To Peyton Place. Fun fact.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48011/09/2017

Nothing fun about it, R480. We don't care.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48111/10/2017

Is it true that Lil’s wig blew off her head one windy day with she was walking to the parking garage to her tercel?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48211/10/2017

r479, you can go create a DOOL thread if you want to talk about that trainwreck of a show.

This thread is for OLTL, whether it's particularly active or not.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48311/10/2017

Girls! Girls! You're both cunts!

For fucks sake, DAYS got mentioned here for five seconds because JPL was on OLTL as Rex and then went to DAYS.

No need to drag it out into a cunt fest, seriously. Miss R483 Has Stated Her Boundaries.

Now everyone STFU or I'm going to sic Jean Randolph on all your asses.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48411/10/2017

Sadie Gray would never tolerate this shit. She’d sit on you.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48511/10/2017

((((belch)))))

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48611/10/2017

I don't think Todd was ever romanticized the way Luke was. For his entire run Todd was rightfully loathed by the majority of the rest of the characters. No one in that town ever let him forget he was a rapist other than Blair, Viki and Jessica. He was universally loathed by the whole town. The comparison is ludicrous

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48711/10/2017

Fun read from "Rona Barrett's Daytimers," dated June 1980. The magazine conducted a poll of 500 male high school seniors asking them which daypart starlet they'd like to take to the prom. Here are all the results, including number of responses for each actress.

**Note, that the poll mistakenly had Kristen Vigard on "As the World Turns"; her show was "Guiding Light." Also note that the poll mistakenly had Eileen Herlie as playing "Phoebe" on "All My Children"; she played Myrtle. In addtion, note that the poll misspelled Sherry Mathis's character's name as "Lisa"; it was actually "Liza."

(1) Kathy Glass (M.J., The Doctors), 249

(2) Genie Ann Francis (Laura, General Hospital), 96

(3) Lori Loughlin (Jody, The Edge of Night), 75

(4) Kristen Vigard (Morgan, As the World Turns), 38

(5) Lisa Peluso (Wendy, Search for Tomorrow), 23

(6) Tricia Ann Pursely (Devon, All My Children), 7

(7) Taylor Miller (Nina, All My Children), 2

(8) Eileen Herlie (Phoebe, All My Children), 1

(tie) Sharon Gabet (Raven, The Edge of Night), 1

(tie) Caryn Richman (Elena, Texas), 1

(tie) Susan Lucci (Erica, All My Children), 1

(tie) Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie, General Hospital), 1

(tie) Julia Montgomery (Samantha, One Life to Live), 1

(tie) Bianca Ferguson (Claudia, General Hospital), 1

(tie) Shell Kepler (Amy, General Hospital), 1

(tie) Gretchen Oehler (Vivian, Texas), 1

(tie) Sherry Mathis (Lisa, Search for Tomorrow), 1

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48811/11/2017

When they asked men in the nursing home who they'd like to take to BINGO night Slee won 98% of that vote. Ruth came in second.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 48911/11/2017

R487 I'd argue he had a few more people in his corner or willing to cut him slack than what you describe.....but I agree with your first sentence. Todd was definitely not made into the paragon that Luke was. I think Roger Howarth had a fair amount to do with that.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49011/11/2017

I never found Roger Howarth in the least bit sexy. His successor, however, seemed kind of hot...I think he was well hung.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49111/11/2017

TSJ did give off, "I have a big ole cock" vibe.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49211/11/2017

Yeah, TSJ was sexy as fuck.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49311/11/2017

stop dating that crazy nun. we're jews.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49411/11/2017

Miss Glass's teen fan mail peaked the week of February 14, 1977. Does anyone recall what happened that week? It was sweeps month, so something big must've been happening with Jenny's storyline. Wonderful to see that the amazing Christine Jones was a teen favorite too. Here are top 5 for the week:

#Teen Fan Letters, Actress, All of Daypart, Week of February 14, 1977:

(1) Kathy Glass (Jenny, One Life to Live): 2,676 letters

(2) Candice Earley (Donna, All My Children), 485 letters

(3) Christine Jones (Amy, Lovers and Friends), 481 letters

(4) Janice Lynde (Leslie, The Young and the Restless), 228 letters

(5) Pamela Peters (Peggy, The Young and the Restless), 107 letters

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49511/11/2017

I'm not clear on how they came up with the rankings on r495's list. But it offers a strong suggestion that the system is rigged.

It says Christine Jones, who was playing Amy on Lovers and Friends, got 481 pieces of teen fan mail for the week Feb 14, 1977.

Lovers and Friends debuted on January 3, 1977. It was the first soap opera contract role that Christine Jones ever had.

To suggest that 6 weeks after the show debuted, an unknown actress would surge to the top of the teen fan mail is suspicious.

Perhaps Christine borrowed from Kathy Glass's playbook and had all her family write in claiming they were teenage girls.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49611/11/2017

I saw CJ on about 2 weeks worth of Lovers & Friends episodes and she was a standout. Can totally see why the teens loved her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49711/11/2017

Jones must have been writing her own letters. There weren't 481 people watching the show.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49811/11/2017

I saw Kathy Glass on the streets of New York not long ago...she was dragging on a cig and looked almost like she was turning tricks. How the great have fallen!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 49911/12/2017

That's funny, r499, because I saw her just last week in Westchester, where she was chairing a food drive to collect canned prunes for fat, needy children of forgotten daytime Emmy winners. She looked fab and contemporary...barely changed from when she illuminously played Jenny. My teenage niece and her friends were with me. They were immediately drawn to Miss Glass, and wrote letters to her on the spot.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50011/12/2017

Amazing. Glass was so popular, but never won a Soapy.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50111/12/2017

Well, R500, I saw her on a suburban train in Westchester, wearing the same hair-do from way-back-when but she had clearly aged -- the face lifts and lip injections couldn't hide the ravages of the years. Yet, that hair-do moved me in a way that I can scarce describe. So I went home and wrote 451 fan letters to her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50211/12/2017

Oh Candi, I did so love your portrayal of Dumb Donna. But just a word of advice, dear. It's not polite to talk with your mouth full (of Clint Ritchie's cock). Ta!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50311/12/2017

Why do people find the need to come on here and trash Kathy Glass? This is a thread about OLTL, she was one of the popular stars of the show for a time. I don't understand this need to trash people.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50411/12/2017

If he dropped 2 stone, he would be hot again.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50511/12/2017

Did she get Clint's cock in his prime or his downward spiral? Playing the romantic lead for that old lady really threw him for a loop.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50611/12/2017

I would have taken Daddy Clint's cock before, during, or after his heyday.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50711/12/2017

R504 We've heard about her to DEATH. No one cares anymore. She was on the show 30+ years ago.

It was funny the first 4000000 times. It's time now to find a new vein.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50811/12/2017

[quote] She looked fab and contemporary...barely changed from when she illuminously played Jenny.

r500 I'm sure the Q ratings have a preservative effect.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 50911/12/2017

[quote]We've heard about her to DEATH. No one cares anymore. She was on the show 30+ years ago.

Honey, the show was cancelled. This thread is nothing but nostalgia. Whether it's 30+ year nostalgia or 10 year ago nostalgia, it's all nostalgia at this point. I guess I don't understand why you're picking and choosing which nostalgia is acceptable nostalgia to discuss. It's all in the same category.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51011/12/2017

R510 You have a point. But it does get really tiresome to hear the same note on the piano over and over, that's all.

It's not that the actors/stories in question are "unacceptable." It's that, again, they've been talked about to death. A lighter touch goes a long way.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51111/12/2017

The point is, the same joke gets stale quickly.

Prunes to the basement, Tercels and parking garages. Q ratings and teen fan mail have been done to death.

Add something new to the discussion rather than rehashing old jokes.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51211/12/2017

When someone did try to add something new by mentioning a OLTL actor, who once bearded up with a OLTL co-star but now seems to live in a glass closet, flopped on Days, someone had a hissy fit saying the discussion was inappropriate for this thread.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51311/12/2017

LIL' NO!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51411/12/2017

r504, tell that to the posters who are constantly trashing ES on this board.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51511/12/2017

r513, nice try but that was clearly a DOOL post disguised as a OLTL one.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51611/12/2017

We should do a DL field trip to Tavern on the Green and re-enact that infamous night. I believe that Slee would be vindicated.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51711/12/2017

Get those niggers out of my face.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51811/12/2017

Way to kill a dying thread, Ellen.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 51911/14/2017

I vote to have Ellen removed from the Daytimers Hall of Fame. She doesn't belong there. ATALL.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52011/14/2017

Live and in the flesh, bitches

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52111/14/2017

If you want to summon Roger Newcomb, just whisper "Van Hansissssssssssss" into the wind.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52211/14/2017

What Slee thinks about the direction this thread took.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52311/14/2017

Ugh. Newcomb is a boring interviewer! No charisma. Sleep inducing. Remember when he had those Van Hansis luncheons and one of his rules was that you couldn't ask Van about his personal life or you would be asked to leave the luncheon. lololol We all laughed over that shit. The funny part was that Van was more than happy to talk about his sexuality. It wasn’t a secret. That scrawny bore Newcomb made those rules unbeknownst to Van. It was a shit show!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52411/14/2017

Ellen looks even whiter with the gray hair. Good for her!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52511/14/2017

Is Phyllis Behar still with us?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52611/14/2017

Why is Mindy Lewis with Slee?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52711/14/2017

Kathleen Tolan was Anna Craig to me.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52811/14/2017

Oops I mean Kathleen Maguire.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 52911/14/2017

Oh God Jim. That spinster Viki Lord is coming up the walkway again. Turn out the lights and hide or we're going to be stuck playing Ker-Plunk all night again. Strip poker if she brought her cheap red wig with her. What is up with that.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53011/14/2017

Damn, OLTL from its beginning to the arrival of Joe Lando had the ugliest cast in daytime. Thank the soap gods for the Ford brothers and Ty Treadway.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53111/14/2017

Pardon me, R531, but I was sex on a stick.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53211/14/2017

r532, well, compared to Nat Polen, yes you were. Otherwise, you were nothing to write home about.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53311/14/2017

Get out of Llanfair!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53411/14/2017

Hubba Hubba

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53511/15/2017

Where is Dr. Polk when you need him?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53611/15/2017

Fingering the catatonic schizophrenic

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53711/15/2017

I just shot a two-day load on my keyboard looking at the pic at r535.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53811/15/2017

Sadie Gray makes me hard!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 53911/15/2017

What about hung Wayne Massey? Jameson Parker? Tom Berenger? Tommy Lee Jones? They were pretty hot back in the day.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54011/15/2017

No one was bigger than me!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54111/15/2017

I hated him, I hated his acting style, I hate his storylines, I hated everything about him but Roger was so fucking hot when he first came on.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54211/15/2017
by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54311/15/2017

He was one of the few men who could carry off long hair. At that age, anyway.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54411/16/2017

He was hot but he did hit the wall fast. Fast and hard.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54511/16/2017

So Tom Fuccello liked penis? Did Jacquie Courtney kbow?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54611/16/2017

Tom Fucello was gay and I thought he was involved with his costar from Dallas, Timothy Patrick Murphy (he played Ray’s cousin Mickey)

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54711/16/2017

John LoPrieno does have a gigante pinga, no? I remember those moments in the speedos...

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54811/16/2017

Damn. Doug Wert was sculpted back then!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 54911/16/2017

Wade was hot! Liked this Cassie the best. She had spunk not some boring pastors wife. Jensen Buchanan was so beautiful. This clip was from 87? Lots of throw away characters where were the core players?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55011/16/2017

Why am I just learning now - thirty years later - that Lois Kibbee was on OLTL?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55111/16/2017

Kibbee's portrayal of Elizabeth Sanders reminds me of my grandma. Her work on OLTL was good even when the material wasn't.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55211/16/2017

Lois comes across as a big ole dyke.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55311/16/2017

About 35 years ago I saw Lois Kibbee in a play where she played a nun. I can't remember what the play was but I thought that Geraldine! She was tinier than you'd think. But that booming voice. Loved her.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55411/17/2017

r550, for all the popularity of Rauch's best years, there were a high number of forgettable and insignificant characters.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55511/17/2017

[quote] Lois comes across as a big ole dyke.

Because she was, Einstein.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55611/17/2017

What Rauch creations survived till the end? Virtually none. Malone's characters had a far bigger impact on the show as a whole.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55711/17/2017

Malone's biggest and most important contributions were Todd and Blair, who would up becoming overexposed and eating the show.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55811/17/2017

Which were Rauch's creations?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 55911/17/2017

OP, how did you come up with that witty little ditty? The wording and tune sound familiar. Like something British I remember. What does it mean to be “the balls”?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56011/17/2017

Umm excuse me R558?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56111/17/2017

Marty never dominated the show the way Todd and Blair did.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56211/17/2017

Ha Ha Marty rhymes with farty.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56311/17/2017

Niki Smith farted loudly alot. Victoria never farted loudly.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56411/18/2017

And Jean never farted at all.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56511/18/2017

At Tall.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56611/18/2017

Prunes make ya fart!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56711/18/2017

Doug Wert! I had forgotten what a bitcoin' body he had. They should have used him more (and shirtless). OLTL was fun in those days.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56811/18/2017

Bitcoin?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 56911/18/2017

Doug Wert was every hot college boy I lusted after in the 80s. Yum.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57011/18/2017

Not bad

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57111/18/2017

Does Doug like the peen or the pussy?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57211/18/2017

Carla, dear. Even though we've never shared a scene, I'm your new BFF and am going to be your brides maid at your upcoming wedding. The focus will be on me as you are heard exchanging your vows in the background. Make sure to get to the church on time. Kisses.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57311/18/2017

Slee’s hubby turned 79. Think that they did it for his birthday?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57411/18/2017

Happy Weekend, Friends!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57511/18/2017

bitcoin was an autocorrect error: I meant bitchin' Anyway, Doug Wert is welcome to fuck me anytime.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57611/18/2017

Who else go to wear the Daytimer of the Month crown?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57711/18/2017

That Mary Lou Retton lookin bitch needs to fuck off.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57811/18/2017

Slee got to wear it during dowager month.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 57911/18/2017

Pay homage, bitches.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58011/18/2017

Lil had a stanky pussy.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58111/19/2017

It can't be said enough. While Jenny was getting fucked by Tim Siegel and Brad Vernon ten ways to Sunday, her peer Viki was relegated to playing Mahjong with Jim and Anna.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58211/20/2017

Jim Craig was a hottie, for sure.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58311/20/2017

We can make fun of See, but it's pretty impressive that she was the central character of the show for decades, into her 60s, and kept delivering first-rate performances on a near daily basis.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58411/20/2017

I thought it was into her 90s.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58511/20/2017

Slee was eleventy years old.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58611/20/2017

First-rate is subjective.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58711/20/2017

I don’t like this Slee talk at tall.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58811/20/2017

Please let Miss Glass know that the mold for setting her hair is here.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 58911/20/2017

Smell me.

Smell success.

Smell beauty!

Smell....something much younger than Prune Lady!

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59011/20/2017

Hit the road back to Pine Valley you skinny bitch.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59111/20/2017

Sue looks younger now that Slee looked in the 1970s.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59211/20/2017

Slee at 5 years old

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59311/20/2017

Will we use the Llanfair vs. Courtlandt Manor thread now?

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59411/20/2017

we can, unless someone wants to create something else

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59511/20/2017

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the daypart serial body of work of Miss Christine Jones.

Amy Gifford, For Richer For Poorer

Janice Frame, Another World

Victoria Lord Riley; Pamela Stuart Buchanan, One Life to Live

Catsy Kirkland, Ryan's Hope

Christina Robertson, Rituals

Tracy Quartermaine, General Hospital

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59611/20/2017

Bitch couldn't keep a role for more than a month.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59711/20/2017

R597 She played Sheila Rafferty on OLTL and another role again briefly 2008 and 2009.

And unlike Slee, she had a resume outside of the soaps as an actress and as a model.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59811/20/2017

a hand model I presume.

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 59911/20/2017

Last post: KATHY GLASS IS A GODDESS

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 60011/20/2017

by Tavern On The Green MELEE. Get those BITCHES out of my sight!reply 60111/20/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!