Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sadiq Khan issues grovelling apology after video shows him using 'Uncle Toms' slur against moderate Muslims

Labour's candidate for London Mayor has issued a grovelling apology after it emerged that he had described moderate Muslim groups as 'Uncle Toms'. Sadiq Khan said he regretted using the term, which is notorious racial slur used against black people to suggest that they are subservient to whites. But he also insisted he would 'respect' everyone in the capital if he was elected, and lashed out at tactics employed by Tory rival Zac Goldsmith during the battle.

The incendiary claim surfaced in an interview with Iranian-backed Press TV from 2009, when Mr Khan was 'minister for community cohesion', in charge of Government efforts to stamp out extremism. The revelation is a major blow for Mr Khan, who has faced a string of claims about his past dealings with Muslim extremists during the bitter campaign to succeed Boris Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2018 9:41 AM

ohhh

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2017 9:03 PM

Khan was elected over a year ago. Why are you posting ancient news?

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2017 9:05 PM

I am glad the truth comes out about this nasty fucker.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2017 9:05 PM

I can't believe people still voted for him after this, shocking.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2017 9:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2017 9:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2017 9:18 PM

He’s such a dirtbag.

Brits are true idiots these days.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2017 9:21 PM

Sorry, didn't know this story was old.

Still find it absolutely shocking that he won though.

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2017 9:33 PM

So you didn't know that "Labour's candidate for London Mayor" has actually been London's mayor for over a year. In other words, you either don't bother to read the stuff you post, or you don't know (or care) anything about the place you're posting about. What a useful thread.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2017 9:38 PM

I know he is mayor and I know about the 'part and parcel' story and when he called bikini clad girls ads on the tube 'body shaming'.

But I never heard about this story.

When is the next election? Does this dirt bag still have a chance winning?

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2017 9:47 PM

Sadiq, like other elected Muslim officials in Western democracies, is a 5th column operative.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2017 9:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2017 10:17 PM

What surprises me is that the term, "Uncle Tom," derived from Harriet Beecher Stowe's pre-U.S. Civil War anti-slavery opus, "Uncle Tom's Cabin," is familiar to Brits.

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2017 10:21 PM

Sad! I absolutely despise Khan.

by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2017 10:22 PM

He’s an interloper.

by Anonymousreply 15October 7, 2017 10:25 PM

Sadeeq is getting worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 11:10 AM

I think both Khan and Corbyn are deplorable bigots and lunatics, but I don't understand the point of bumping a 3-month old thread.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 11:17 AM

Sadiq Khan is a CAREERIST. He has no principles.

He came to power only off of the backs of Jeremy Corbyn supporters who campaigned for him. When Khan was safely in power he publicly denounced Corbyn. That's the kind of back stabbing traitor he is.

He voted in favour of gay marriage, so that's something I suppose. But I don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 11:29 AM

Coming soon to American cities.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 11:39 AM

[quote]He says he voted in favour of gay marriage,

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 11:41 AM

He’s the mayor of Londonistan.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 11:45 AM

He has been very vocal about Trump’s ban on some Muslim countries. However in the incredibly hypocritical way of him, he invited ambassadors from 11 Muslim countries, 5 of whom refuse to allow a Jew into their country ever. Of course that is swept aside in the political correctness climate we are in .

He also went to Pakistan to meet the President there while refusing to meet the bigoted American President . Even though Pakistan specifically excludes certain minorities from political life. But again nothing.

London itself is not the sea of tolerance it pretends to be. When a recent poll was conducted about homophobic attitudes, it was found the working class North had the extreme feelings against Gays at 12 % but London had those feelings at 29 % .

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 11:54 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 12:06 PM

R22 how many of those polled were actually British? That is a big factor in homophobia. If your country of origin is deeply homophobic then most people don’t lose those views as soon as they move to London.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2018 12:15 PM

Some asshole bumped this old thread, which was already a mess back in 2017, because it was trying to pass off old news as new. Fantastic. Great content, guys.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2018 12:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2018 12:52 PM

They are Uncle Toms, so are black republicans. It's not politically correct but its true. "Centrist" Muslims who demanded the apology are snowflakes

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 1:53 PM

This is not going to end well.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2018 2:03 PM

Any black person who supports a party that tore up the country to own their ancestors is an Uncle Tom, R27. Stop projecting.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2018 2:07 PM

The people that called themselves democrats back then all lived in the deep south and were conservative. They have nothing to do with democrats today. 90% of black people realize that R29. You can play whatever word games you want. Doesn't change the fact that Black republicans are uncle toms

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2018 2:11 PM

Stop complaining R25!

This is isn't "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare"; it's "Data Lounge"!

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2018 10:24 PM

black people realize that [R29]. You can play whatever word games you want. Doesn't change the fact that Black republicans are uncle toms R30

Has it ever occurred to you that people are individuals and not just groups that behave a certain way.?

Islam is different, because like Christianity it is. A Religion and therefore there are certain things that are prescribed..

Essentially you are being as rascist as the people you say are rascist. You are defining a person by their skin colour and saying because of that they need to support a party.

Why the fuck should they?

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2018 3:49 AM

I'm not doing shit. I am black, and 90% of us feel this way and vote democratic. People like you like to call us brainwashed and stupid. But we just know racists when we see them

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2018 11:19 AM

No r33. I did not call you stupid or brainwashed. Please don’t assign things to me I did not say. What I said the colour of your skin should not determine who you vote for. You are not subscribed by your skin colour to vote a certain way.

I am not subscribed as a Gay man to vote a certain way either. I might feel compelled too, but as an individual, like you I have a right to vote for what I believe.

I do not believe that a Gay person or a Black Person must vote Democrat and if they don’t , they are a traitor. We are not living under Communism. I do not have to vote for the Party because the Group says I must.

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2018 12:00 PM

R34 The color of our skin determines who we vote for because skin color is a major driving force of republican policy making. And beyond even consequential policy making is the simple matter of respect, republicans love denigrating minorities to whip up their base but think minorities should consider their policies in good faith anyway. That's not a coherent world view in my opinion. When policy and rhetoric is color blind, voting will soon follow.

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2018 12:04 PM

From the missing posts, I assume this thread has been hijacked by the same troll I blocked for lately turning every thread into a why-don't-gay-men-spend-every-waking-hour-thinking-about-black-women thread.

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2018 1:12 PM

Which posts are missing R36? I want to know what he is saying here?

by Anonymousreply 37January 19, 2018 1:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2018 1:25 PM

Hmm Uncle Tom is a slur used at Black people.

by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2018 1:30 PM

[quote] I am black, and 90% of us feel this way and vote democratic

Democratic? The party that ran slavery, Jim Crow laws, and the KKK?

by Anonymousreply 40January 19, 2018 1:31 PM

I live in london part time and he’s frightening .

by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2018 1:32 PM

Enforce the M ban world wide. Dump the ones here, Germany, France, UK, Canada in Antarctica with no supplies, resources. End of problem. They destroy everything that is good.

by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2018 1:38 PM

^. "M ban"?

Do you mean ban the Migration of Uncivilised Goat-people who have destroyed their own countries and now want to destroy other more civilised countries?

by Anonymousreply 43January 19, 2018 8:35 PM

Ban all Muslims from leaving their shitholes. Find Trump equivalents in Europe to make Europe great again.

by Anonymousreply 44January 19, 2018 11:19 PM

Today's newspaper says the very stupid Angela Merkel is forced to find a collation partner because the people won't forgive her for allowing the murdering and raping Goat-people into Germany.

by Anonymousreply 45January 19, 2018 11:39 PM

He says todsy LONDON tomortow PARIS and new York. King of the goat people.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2018 1:12 AM

Thank God for Trump!

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2018 1:23 AM

Hitler wasn’t all wrong. He just got carried away a lil bit.

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2018 1:41 AM

ff this tard OP

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2018 3:56 AM

[quote]Hitler wasn’t all wrong.

Hitler idolized Islam, he thought Islam was superior to Christianity which he saw as week.

by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2018 9:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!