Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How To Get Away With Murder: Season 4

Sorry if there's already a thread about the start of the 4th season.

Are we talking Oprah money or Gail money?

The ol' gang back together, but for how long?

Fancy Dinner in a fancy restaurant and TOTAL TWIST! Nobody's getting to eat anything!

Where's my babyyyyy?????

by Anonymousreply 239May 19, 2018 5:34 PM

I thought ConCon looked extra hot. What is it? The short hair?

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2017 10:03 PM

It's probably the clean shaven look.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2017 8:42 AM

I'm already confused.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2017 2:02 PM

Is there another thread about this or are there really only three replies on the first episode of the new season?

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2017 12:09 AM

Aren't these dumb asses out of law school yet?

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2017 12:45 AM

Interest in this show has noticeably dropped off each season r4.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2017 2:19 AM

I only watched a few episodes last season. They apparently were saying someone will die in a fire at the end of the season. Who was it?

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2017 2:22 AM

Wes died R7.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2017 2:25 AM

R8, oh, what a shame. I always liked him.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2017 2:28 AM

Eh, I found him sort of boring and not a great actor honestly.

The frustrating thing about this show though has always been the haphazard writing. You expect it to be this really well-layered and intellligent mystery, but Peter Nowalk just makes thing up as he goes along. Creates dramatic cliff hangers when he hasn't even figured out what he is going to do or what caused it.

Like the who died in the fire, they wrote that plotline for several episodes before they even decided it would be Wes that died.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2017 2:38 AM

Is the gay guy still on the show?

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2017 1:56 PM

Well, that was underwhelming.

So this season is 'How To Get Away With Baby Kidnapping' ??

Hopefully that is enough of the season's 'Cecily Show'. Next time Anna Mae goes back can be for her funeral.

Can Annalise PLEASE defend some clients this season ? My favorite season was the one that had them all involved in the case of the week, in addition to the overall arc story.

I'm feeling like this is going to be a Laurel centric season and I'm not interested.

They need to get the interns back together with Annalise ASAP because a 'separate 'em all' The Walking Dead type premise WILL NOT DO.

And is Bonnie interviewing to work for the DA or to testify against Annalise ??

And what the fuck was the aborted hook up with Desmond about ? At first, I though 'Bonnie' was going the call girl route and I was like '(Call) Gurl, PLEASE'

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2017 9:57 PM

[quote]Is the gay guy still on the show?

The gay COUPLE is still on the show ... and they're talking about getting married.

The guy who played Desmond is Viola's real-life husband.

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2017 2:55 AM

Damn, people really did bail on this show.

Sad ............it's fun to have people to chat about it with after it airs.

Analise's case was a good one. And I'm warming up to Jimmy Smits as her therapist. I'd still rather she be with Nate.

BUT .............will she end up with anyone or is she dead ? If this is the final season, then it is hard to tell. Is it Annalise's blood all over her hotel room ? Or Laurel's due to an icky delivery ??

Glad the gang is still hanging out together, but where do the guys stand once Michaela and Laurel start taking down Laurel's father ?? Oliver can keep spying. But Connor and the one whose name I can't remember after four years still be actively involved ??

How will Annalise, Bonnie, Nate and Frank be involved ? I'd kind of like them all to just keep doing their own thing.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2017 7:02 PM

I think it's still a great show and the sountrack is crazy good imo.

I don't know where they are going with Connor. He is cleaning himself up visually and yet totally crash and burns in the interview segment trying to get hired by a law firm. I didn't realize that the guys are social pariahs until this episode.

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2017 7:20 PM

I love the music too, r15.

The first episode sucked, I almost bailed on the entire season, but I'm sick and stuck at home, so I watched the second. It was much better. Although I despise Laurel and her whining.

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2017 7:46 PM

I'm just catching up with S2/E2 and I'm loving it. I wish they hadn't started off the season with such a depressing, desultory episode.

Is this really the only thread on It? I thought there'd at least be a long debate about Connor's new look.

by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2017 3:17 AM

Let me know when Connor starts rimming guys onscreen again.

by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2017 3:21 AM

Lol, though I like Oliver, the big mistake was domesticating slutty Connor. I loved him.

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2017 3:52 AM

So, Connor has two dads?

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2017 4:06 PM

Wait really r20?

I haven't watched the new season yet, but they gave Connor gay parents?

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2017 4:09 PM

r21, got revealed by the end of the episode (two other scenes came after that - one being the flashback scene about this season's mystery).

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2017 4:11 PM

Does every season of this show seem to lose a little something?

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2017 4:20 PM

It's running out of ideas. I love the cast and they still give it their all but this is obviously the last season.

I do like them on their own, though. It allows for more stories.

I wish Michaela chose to work for the male partner - he was hot!

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2017 4:32 PM

Soooooooooooooooo ..................... still meh about MOST of the split up storylines (Connor, Asher and Oliver barely even have a storyline at this point)

As I said earlier, a Laurel centric story arc is a loss to me. Tying her to Bonnie and Michaela only brings it all down.

Here's what I do like ................. Annalise trying 'dead' cases on her own. To be honest, I could see this series ending and Viola Davis taking the character to a new show focusing on this (like Christine Baranski did with her character).

I have been interested in both cases she did this season. I'd be cool with them spinning off Michaela and Connor to work with her (but keep Asher and Oliver off camera)

It could be a redemption show for the characters. I'd also keep Frank as an 'invesigator'. But jettison Bonnie (even though her relationship with Annalise is fascinating) and Laurel.

Nate ?? He could probably keep crossing paths with her on a new show. Their chemistry is still strong, even though he (and Bonnie and Oliver) were big dicks ..............hey assholes. This was about possibly releasing an innocent man (HELLO ?? HE WAS INNOCENT) and not about screwing over Annalise. Even Bonnie got Oliver to do the dirty working by rubbing Annalise's 'ghosting termination' in his face.

Jimmy Smits character is not vibing with me. (He mistook Michaela for Annalise ?? Whaaaaa .... ??).

How does Laurel KNOW her father had Wes killed ? Her whole storyline this year is random and annoying.

Goodbye, How To Get Away With Murder ...................Hello: Keating For The People (starring Annalise, Michaela, Connor and Frank. Featuring Nate)

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2017 7:36 PM

[quote]Even Bonnie got Oliver to do the dirty working by rubbing Annalise's 'ghosting termination' in his face.

I'm about over Bonnie and completely over Oliver, who has outlived his purpose on the show. Bring back slutty Connor. One of the best things this week was drunk Connor stuffing bills down the go-go boy's crack. Asher was funny, too.

(BTW, every gay person I know has straight parents so that was unexpected about Connor.)

I'm liking Frank again but hate Smits' character. If he's the villain, OK, but a lousy therapist.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2017 3:12 AM

Donald Dump

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2017 3:18 AM

Nate missed his calling -- he should be working in that stripper bar.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2017 3:34 AM

Laurel’s dad being behind Wes’ murder jumps the shark 🦈 for me. She runs around for like two years with Frank (an actual scary, slimy weirdo) and Dad doesn’t care. Bland, law student Wes is worthy of murder? There had better be major twists and hidden backstory explaining the motives for that. It makes no sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2017 5:45 AM

So is that lead bitch still insisting on only during 15 episodes of this dreck a year?

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2017 1:32 PM

Connor has two daddies?

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2017 3:34 PM

r31 Yeah, that's kind of confusing since he referred to his mother back in Season 1. Maybe they're divorced and dad saw the light and married a guy. Or maybe the mother was just his biological mother.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2017 3:46 PM

Haven't watched it since the first season. Is Viola still getting naked at the drop of the hat to force us all to confront the fact that she is a middle-aged, black woman who is SEXUAL? I'd rather she deal with that issue in therapy privately.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2017 3:53 PM

A hint as to whom watches the show...

If you scroll down to the very end of the Wiki entry for the show itself, there are only three entries under Related Articles and one is Jack Falahee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2017 3:41 AM

jimmy smits is the only reason to watch this and i don't even tho i love him.

from the beginning this show has been so convoluted it is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2017 4:31 AM

Sounds like you're just not able to keep up with it. Stick with crap like NCIS--they'll beat you in the head with every plot point.

by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2017 2:21 AM

I actually like the story of Michaela at the law firm. I actually wish Connor also got accepted there. I love their little digs at each other.

I think getting them out of the classroom and separating them has given the show some new energy.

I agree that Oliver needs to go. He's like that annoying sitcom character who keeps popping up unnecessarily. I like Nate but I feel his usefulness has come to an end. Literally every scene is him watching someone do something and he reacts with a glare.

Laurel is just a vortex of yawn. Humourless, dour character.

by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2017 1:22 PM

Damn, that bitch still DOES only 15 episodes a season! How in the world does she get away with that?

At this rate, this show will need many more seasons than average to have enough for syndication.

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2017 1:42 PM

Viola Davis IS this show, she was the reason people tuned in and the only reason it has gotten any critical acclaim r38.

Shorter seasons are better anyway. Notice all the acclaimed prestige dramas only have like 10-12 episode seasons. The writing is better when you don't have to keep padding out the plot to fill up 22 episodes like the broadcast standard. I'm sure the writers of this show appreciate thanks for Viola they can do more concise standards. Honestly this show would probably benefit from having the episode count even shorter than the existing 15.

by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2017 2:00 PM

Shorter seasons (and so-called "limited series") are the new trend (as they have been for a while on cable networks.) "This Is Us," "The Good Place," "Law and Order: True Crime" are examples this season.

by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2017 5:38 PM

I kept wondering who was playing the prosecutor in ep 2, as he looked familiar.

It was the son from Nip/Tuck who looked like an alien drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2017 11:37 PM

r36 what it 'sounds like' and what it really is are 2 different things.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2017 10:33 AM

Another great episode. It's getting back on track.

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2017 4:37 AM

I agree, great episode.

Making Michaelea the main focus is much more interesting than Laurel. I actually really like the dynamic of the four female lawyers together. Could almost be a spinoff.

So Connor's dad was basically telling him to be a slut again?

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2017 1:10 PM

There is something weird going on with Connor's dad like he's living though Connor even though they've been estranged for, like, forever. Him wanting so desperately for his son to remain independent and single seemed way too invested or just poor writing to give the "we want slutty Connor back!" fans a voice on the show.

Mary! But I am a bit geeking out on the fact that D.W. Moffett (who plays Connor's Dad) played also gay in the 80s AIDS drama An Early Frost written by Ron Cowen and Daniel Lipman who, much later, adapted UK's Queer As Folk for Showtime.

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2017 5:01 PM

D.W. Moffett still looks good.

Oh, and Asher's ass is nice. He needs to do a nude scene.

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2017 5:02 PM

So, clearly Connor's dad is a DLer. I thought they'd end the show with Connor fucking some rando.

still think 'season five' will be an entirely different show with Annalise (and some other characters) spun off to handle the class action suit against the state of Pennsylvania. Again, the college president's custody case was as interesting as anything else going on in the episode (the Connor story, Bonnie in the file room, etc)

And now the law office Michaela is working at is bloody (in addition to Annalise's apartment). And Laurel's baby is missing. Regardless, it is not (yet) very compelling for me.

Was Jimmy Smits Issac holding a crying baby right in a hospital hallway ? WTF ???

Horny Laurel is still just really Annoying (Horny) Laurel. Season five (or whatever it is) needs to boot Laurel, Bonnie, Oliver, Frank (sorry to see you go) and Asher (dude .... episode four without a storyline. You're just collecting a paycheck here)

I like Tegan and could see her working (and hooking up ???) with Annalise. So we can keep her, Michaela, Connor (You need to find a job, sweetie) and Nate as the investigator (instead of shady Frank, who Annalise is clearly not ready to fully forgive)

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2017 6:39 PM

Finally decided to check out the new season. Overall I agree, this season has been enjoyable so far. The seem to be consciously trying to push themselves and think of a new direction to take it. Too bad it might be too late, I know the ratings for this season have been awful. The last episode only got a .9 in the demo I believe.

[quote]There is something weird going on with Connor's dad like he's living though Connor even though they've been estranged for, like, forever. Him wanting so desperately for his son to remain independent and single seemed way too invested or just poor writing to give the "we want slutty Connor back!" fans a voice on the show.

His Dad was definitely an inserted voice for the part of the audience that misses the badass and slutty Connor that was first introduced before he became so nice and domesticated.

I did think the out-since-12 Connor hating his Dad for being a closet case for most of his life was an interesting thing to explore.

Jack Falahee got interviewed about the episode and seemed terrified to talk about anything, "Look, it's so difficult to talk about it eloquently in any way as a straight man. I like Jack when people say it doesn't matter whether gay actors portray gay stories it just isn't true.

[quote]Oh, and Asher's ass is nice

So many comments about Matt McGorry's ass this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2017 4:48 PM

[quote]I did think the out-since-12 Connor hating his Dad for being a closet case for most of his life was an interesting thing to explore.

I thought he hated his dad for leaving him and his mom to live his gay life which, apparently, was very hard for his mom to deal with?

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2017 4:52 PM

It is one and the same r39. He tore apart the family because he was living a lie til he was in his 40s.

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2017 4:53 PM

Isn't it strange for a high-powered corporate attorney at a prestige firm to be handling a divorce case? Lawyers are very specialized these days.

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2017 5:34 PM

It's like Orphan Black after the terrible and convoluted male clones season. The show got good again, but the damage was done, and many lapsed fans never returned.

Same thing happened with HTGAWM.

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2017 5:39 PM

Wow, that was an intense episode.

So Connor's going to be the new Bonnie (still loving her last name, Winterbottom). Connor sharing his suicidal thoughts with Annalise, of all people.

Sobbing Asher in the cell.

Is Simon (the gang's frenemy and Michaela's intern colleague) gay? He called Oliver gurlfriend when Oliver distracted him from what Oliver and Michaela were doing.

Bonnie and her scenes with Isaac (Jimmy Smith) and Bonnie's backstory how she became Annalise's assistant. "I love her, I love her, I love her" *sobbing*. So. Much. Sobbing..

Annalise's victory dance!

Asher getting suspicious about Michaela - Oh-oh! *cue final moments of episode*

So Wes might not be Laurel's babydaddy after all? At least we get Frank shirtless and being a sappy pushover begging Laurel to fully commit to their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 53October 27, 2017 10:36 AM

Agree .............. this episode elevated the entire season and here's why ....

1) Connor being the first one to get back together and work with Annalise.

2) Bonnie boo hooing to Issac the entire episode to the point that she couldn't even stop herself from revealing to him that she was Bonnie (Bwaaa Haaa Haaa)

3) Bonnie proving Annalie's point that she is every bit her match by destroying her class action suit (in about ,,,,, what ??..... a day). Also, good catch on the security camera. Even Annalise didn't think that far ahead

4) That end scene .................WTF ???

5) Hi Sam

So it is now at a point where I can give a guess .............here goes.

At 15 or so, Bonnie gives birth to a baby that disappears. Laurel's baby is kidnapped in present. Is it too far to go to think that Bonnie kidnapped the baby. I was going to go all the way to Bonnie being Wes's mother (her kidnapped baby), but I don't think that fits with the parentage story of Wes, unless they really throw that out the window with Bonnie's baby being kidnapped because that rich family thought the baby was the son's (who Frank killed at end of season two) ..............but there was a paternity test and well, Wes was black, so ..............

Also, can someone confirm I DID see Issac holding the missing baby ? Did that happen while Bonnie was at the murder scene(s) ???

by Anonymousreply 54October 28, 2017 8:29 PM

hello

by Anonymousreply 55October 29, 2017 10:45 AM

omg i just realized i can reply to these threads is there a jack falahee thread here this season he is so hot

by Anonymousreply 56October 29, 2017 10:46 AM

I love Michaelea. Of all of them, she should have her own spin-off. She can handle comedy, drama and the suspense.

A Laurel-focused spinoff would be boring.

by Anonymousreply 57October 30, 2017 4:33 PM

A Laurel-focused spinoff would be soft-porn, because all she does is bitch and moan (while having sex). It's all about her having to have a man in her life (BIG daddy issues, obviously).

by Anonymousreply 58October 30, 2017 5:32 PM

Too much about Laurel and daddy ............. they still haven't sufficiently explained how Laurel 'solved' Wes's murder ...........because Dominick was in town (well after Wes's murder, since Annalise had been jailed, etc). PFFFT.

Still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Connor and Annalise together ............ Connor fangurling over Annalise and them sharing ice cream was very sweet.

Asher not having a job five or six episodes in is very sad, but he's showing his stripes with the teddy bear cam. You go, Asher. Too bad you'll end up crying in a jail cell. HA.

Tegan is still an enjoyable character. Too bad she's going to lose a fortune before she even earns it. And I hope the power lesbian keeps it all business with Michaela.

I'm still a bit unclear on the murder victim(s) ---- Tegan ? The DA ?? Nate ?? Annalise in the shower looks VERY upset, so could be Nate ?

I hope it is not Connor ......they haven't shown him yet, so .....

And Laurel is having her baby in a WEEK ?? (in HTGAWM time, of course)

They're keeping all hands on deck, regardless of most of them not working with each other anymore (professionally) ........... Bonnie obviously sees that she is on the wrong side of Annalise (and Connor's) redemption story, Asher is out of the loop, until he is jailed apparently.

And yeaaaa ............Frank passed his LSATs and was shirtless for about two minutes. Nate and Frank need to work out together. Where is Nate's shirtless scenes this season.

Too bad Frank is into Laurel (ick !!) ............ I'd rather see him with Bonnie right now, although it looks like Asher may end up in the sack with her again (another ick !!!)

by Anonymousreply 59November 3, 2017 6:48 PM

And Jimmy Smits'/Issac story is sooooooooo bad, I completely forgot to mention it. Who gives two shits about a new (and barely used) character's back story about losing a teenage daughter.

He is only around when Annalise sees him as a patient (and in the flash forward scenes) ......and I could tell his professional confidante was his wife from their very first scene talking. (and her showing up at Annalise's apartment ? Talk about out of bounds !)

Anywhoooo .................. where will this shit go ?? Did the DA fuck up the case about Issac's daughter ? Did Annalise get the murderer off or a light sentence ?? Did Nate's police work fuck up the case ?? Was one of the longtime characters driving drunk ??

Not caring much right now. Can't wait for the mid season ender. Those usually help with putting the puzzle pieces together that help the rest of the season end.

by Anonymousreply 60November 3, 2017 6:56 PM

I would be perfectly happy if they killed off Laurel. Both the character and the actress are by far the weakest on the show.

by Anonymousreply 61November 3, 2017 7:20 PM

Annalise and Connor need to get drunk together and pick up a couple of guys. Ice cream is fine but a hot leche, swallowed directly from the tap would benefit them immensely.

by Anonymousreply 62November 4, 2017 1:11 AM

You are gross R62

And you don't swallow strangers 'leche' — you could end up HIV+

by Anonymousreply 63November 4, 2017 11:48 AM

Who let R63 in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 64November 7, 2017 3:56 PM

[quote]And you don't swallow strangers 'leche'

This is news to gay men everywhere.

[quote]you could end up HIV+

Yes, the ravages of HIV caused by oral sex, that is totally a real thing and not just a scientific hypothetical that never happens.

by Anonymousreply 65November 7, 2017 3:59 PM

The season has been so good, possibly the best yet. Viola coming for that 2nd Emmy, the Antares storyline is fiya. Murder Night next week!

by Anonymousreply 66November 11, 2017 2:53 AM

Uhmmmmm ................ this episode didn't move anything all that much further as far as I'm concerned.

Little tie ups ............. Michaela/Asher make up, Connor/Oliver proposal with Wes murder reveal, Bonnie as a patient of Isaac, Frank/Laurel paternity test (why wouldn't Frank be freaking out if it is possibly his baby ??

If Laurel's father is at the party Friday night, I guess he can be a victim ................ Simon might be the dead guy at the office if he finds out about the set up and fights with Oliver.

But I'm not sure how any of it all ties into blood at Annalise's apartment and a missing baby.

But I love season four more than I did season three ...............unless they fuck it up with the second part of the season

And I'm on board with happy Connor at this point because seeing him happy makes me happy ............ but that happiness seems to be ending next week.

by Anonymousreply 67November 11, 2017 3:11 AM

If it survives for a season five, I hope they make the decision to write it as if it will be the final season. To me, that means a reckoning for what they've done. I want to see Meggie and Hannah and Eggs 911 come back and the walls to close in on the Keating crew. Can they escape the law and their own consciences? I love Connor and Oliver as much as the next guy, but I never expected them to get a happy ending. I think if only one person were to get away with murder it will be Annalise - fake her death and start over with the money from Frank. I am convinced she is the actual murderer of Sam, btw. Not Wes.

by Anonymousreply 68November 11, 2017 5:02 AM

[quote]Viola coming for that 2nd Emmy

Not going to happen. The industry has moved on from this show

by Anonymousreply 69November 11, 2017 3:04 PM

I don't know if I can continue with another season of this show. It started out good and has been downhill ever since. They through in the gratuitous lesbian story line for absolutely no reason and it ended as abruptly as it started.

by Anonymousreply 70November 11, 2017 3:11 PM

I need Conner to get his old hair and beard back. Not feeling this new look.

Annalise is in a shower somewhere bleeding. It could be her blood in the elevator as she got away from whoever stabbed or shot her. Or whoever she stabbed or shot.

We saw Wes delivered the blow that killed Sam. Annalise just gave him permission, she is culpable.

I think the Annalise's relationship with what's her name was to show that sex is a coping mechanism for Annalise just as much as booze is. She's bi sexual but hetero-romantic. We also saw this past episode she really wanted to have sex with Nate. (Who wouldn't?) But part of that is because she needs a drink and she can't have one, so sex is a good stand in.

by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2017 3:18 PM

*threw

by Anonymousreply 72November 11, 2017 3:51 PM

R71 I hadn't looked at it that way, but you make a good point that sex is a substitute for alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 73November 11, 2017 3:53 PM

I wonder why they didn't just have Connor show everyone a picture of the boat he'd bought to enjoy during his retirement in two days?

I will say that putting Annalise and Connor together in a storyline was a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 74November 11, 2017 7:08 PM

R71 I know who killed Sam is supposed to be a dead issue, but I can't stop believing that maybe Sam wasn't dead like Wes thought. He probably came back to life, like the bad guy in a horror movie. Annalise was alone with him and probably finished the job.

by Anonymousreply 75November 12, 2017 1:10 AM

Even though they're all generally awful people, I am still rooting for the show to develop as I indicated upthread ..............let some of them get written off completely, let a few of them appear occasionally and let Annalise, Connor and Michaela open their own firm with either/both Frank and Nate as their muscle.

Bonnie has been horrible with regards to Annalise this season (as she's hurt) and I'm enjoying seeing her slightly envious that Annalise (and Connor) have moved on and are trying to 'do the right thing'/make amends. So much so that if Annalise forgave Bonnie and wanted her to work with her new firm, I'd be okay with that too. Bonnie is certainly proving herself to be 'shark-y' this season.

by Anonymousreply 76November 12, 2017 7:20 PM

I dig this season. I hope they don't get Simon killed or in trouble, because you know that will have its separate storyline how they deal with their guilt.

by Anonymousreply 77November 12, 2017 7:45 PM

I am about to be a real cunt but I am just shocked at how many people find this show confusing. My friends ALWAYS say that they are confused and can't follow anything. I just don't see how in the world this show is complicated and confusing . It's not hard to wait and piece together the flashbacks/flash forwards. It's not like the show is Memento or The Tree of life or some shit. I question the intelligence of people who can't follow this show.

by Anonymousreply 78November 12, 2017 10:01 PM

I think Simon is the dead person in the office. My thought is that he somehow finds out what Oliver and Michaela are up to, threatens her, and Asher offs him. Which I'm good with, because I cannot stand Asher! Whiny sack of fuck.

In the elevator - I think Annalise gets attacked by either Sam's sister (who hated her) or by someone who she was incarcerated with who was just released. Why not? The storylines are all over the place anyways!

Kill off Laurel. Have her kill herself - her storyline sucks. I loved the flashbacks with Annalise and Sam, but I really wish they'd find a way to bring Eve Famke was a good addition to the show, and allowed for more of the back story to come out.

Anyone else surprised at the article a few posts back where Conner (Jack Falahee) outed himself as a straight man? Really??

by Anonymousreply 79November 12, 2017 10:06 PM

[quote]Anyone else surprised at the article a few posts back where Conner (Jack Falahee) outed himself as a straight man? Really??

Oh, me too.

by Anonymousreply 80November 12, 2017 10:12 PM

[quote]Anyone else surprised at the article a few posts back where Conner (Jack Falahee) outed himself as a straight man? Really??

Usually that gets done when either the actor or his handlers get defensive and they cool down the gay pandering.

by Anonymousreply 81November 12, 2017 10:16 PM

He "came out" as straight a year ago now after trying to initially avoid talking about it. By his own admission he said he realized that was silly and wasn't helping anything. And I am sure it is some of r81 as well.

by Anonymousreply 82November 12, 2017 10:23 PM

Matt McGorry (Asher) posted on Facebook earlier this year about his and Jack Falahee's (Connor) vacation in Brazil. They got to the airport before they realized (duh!) that they needed visas to go to Brazil. So they got on a plane to Costa Rica instead.

I followed their bro-cation for the week. My god, they are both so sexy. I would die to have a Matt+Me+Jack sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2017 10:30 PM

Winter Finale. It’s early November. So they come back in Summer 2018. Oye.

by Anonymousreply 84November 12, 2017 11:12 PM

r84 It will be back well before summer. And they only do 15 episodes a season (per Viola's contract.)

by Anonymousreply 85November 13, 2017 1:10 AM

O.M.G. - anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 86November 17, 2017 2:35 AM

Whats going on....i forgot it was on.....

by Anonymousreply 87November 17, 2017 2:53 AM

I’ve been trying to watch. I feel like I needed to see each episode twice.

It seems like a lot of work

by Anonymousreply 88November 17, 2017 3:02 AM

Asher got fucked by a chainsaw, and is finally off the show.

by Anonymousreply 89November 17, 2017 4:19 AM

For the longest time I was of a firm belief that the WTF crown of the TV realm was held by CW. But this here shit is a true Pretender. Dafuq did I just watch???

PS Anal-Ease on the floor fingering a fetus FTW

PPS I like the way bro beans R89 thinks

by Anonymousreply 90November 17, 2017 2:46 PM

These people simply cannot ever do the right thing. What's the big deal about a pregnant paranoid woman carrying a gun and showing up at a party where her friends wee (about her father's company, no less).

The guy accidentally shot himself in the head. Done. Over.

Well this is the first time they've immediately had to deal with the police, etc after what they did, so we all see how well that worked out (for Asher, anyway)

I wish Laurel had died, but they've already shown her alive. Bummer.

Why was Dominick hanging around Laurel's apartment at the end ? Did Daddy have him watching her ?

by Anonymousreply 91November 17, 2017 10:29 PM

So, is Dominick going after Connor, because he knows too much (like all the others)?

At first I was wondering why they keep poor Simon fighting for his life at that operation table and then realized it was for the tired old "life and death" trope (him dying and the baby drawing ihis or her first breath / starting to cry at the same moment).

Killing off Simon is the jumping the shark moment for me. It was ridiculous and just mean the way it was handled imo.

But the songs were killer this episode. As always.

by Anonymousreply 92November 17, 2017 10:38 PM

Well, at least we had another gay character, although he only survived for a few hours after coming out!

by Anonymousreply 93November 18, 2017 12:38 AM

It's funny that nice Oliver got bitchy Simon to open up. And then he died.

by Anonymousreply 94November 18, 2017 5:57 AM

r94 yep, that guilt will eat away at him.

by Anonymousreply 95November 18, 2017 6:10 AM

I bet Oliver is now more than happy for him and Connor to pack their bags and leave, but now it's Connor who wants to stay and be Annalise's new Bonnie and help her win that class action suit.

by Anonymousreply 96November 18, 2017 6:15 AM

Are we sure that Simon is dead?

by Anonymousreply 97November 18, 2017 3:26 PM

Do we think Asher confessed? Or was he picked up for something else?

by Anonymousreply 98November 18, 2017 9:24 PM

I imagine there were some irregularities about the weapon. The show made a point about him and Michaeala arguing about the correct position of the gun when they put it back. Asher, still in shock, might have said something that raised the cops's suspicion or he deliberately said something to draw suspicion to him, away from Michaela.

by Anonymousreply 99November 18, 2017 11:00 PM

So what is Isaac doing at the hospital when Laurel is screaming and asking where her baby is? Did he steal the baby or something?

by Anonymousreply 100November 19, 2017 12:30 PM

Maybe Annalise is caring for the baby at home while Laurel was in a coma? Didn't he say something about time: "It's been a week/month" when he was calling her?

What do we think about Bonnie proclaiming her love for Annalise? Didn't they kiss in S2 ? I think we need more of her backstory after she came to work for Annalise.

by Anonymousreply 101November 19, 2017 2:34 PM

I want to know if Jimmy Smits and Kathryn Erbe compared notes about working in the NYPD.

by Anonymousreply 102November 19, 2017 3:33 PM

I love both of those actors R102. I think HTGAWM was very fortuitous in their casting choices.

by Anonymousreply 103November 19, 2017 3:40 PM

Love Erbe! Don't love Smits in this but maybe it's just the role.

by Anonymousreply 104November 19, 2017 4:56 PM

So glad to see Erbe back on tv. The Smits character has grown on me. Didn’t like him at first.

by Anonymousreply 105November 21, 2017 3:08 AM

I dont see Annalise entangling herself with Bonnie beyond friendship. Though a merci fuck could be a thing. I think she has hardened her heart after losing her long time GF to another woman in NYC. I can see her hooking up with the FINE Tegan - esp since that deal went thru.

Annalise would counsel there is a better way to beat Laurens criminal father. If Simon lives i doubt he would have memory of the precipitating event. Asher - they could write him out any day cant stand his whiny ass - is the NEW problem. He might be bright enough to escape a false accusation. As for those that object to the gun accident - wakeup and smell the coffee. Many people a day die from gunaccidents in America and that is certainly one way they look like, or in the hands of toddlers & children.

I think Annalise will want to have a hand in Laurens child - she should tell her that she knew his mother and promised to look after Wes for her.

I also loved seeing Erbe & Smits - what a great moment. If only they had done the memorable sound “dong-dong.” these long months of hiatus are torture. Just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 106November 21, 2017 4:19 PM

The show did not just do that...

by Anonymousreply 107January 19, 2018 3:17 AM

Holy. Shit. Only on How To Get Away With Murder do they get away with something so soapy and cray-cray like that.

Call me Mary! but I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode and of course the final moments of the episode DELIVERS!

by Anonymousreply 108January 19, 2018 2:03 PM

How many people on this show are gay/lesbian/bisexual at this point?

geez.

by Anonymousreply 109January 19, 2018 2:19 PM

Frank really fucked up this time. Bigly.

by Anonymousreply 110January 19, 2018 2:22 PM

R109 Straight-worshipper. Go back to your hetero showSSS, Amanda!!

by Anonymousreply 111January 19, 2018 2:22 PM

R110 Didnt Dominic kill Wes? Why wasnt Laurel angry at him, while she was very salty towards Connor, who actually TRIED to save Wes.

by Anonymousreply 112January 19, 2018 2:24 PM

r111, it was just a question, no need to be so bitchy about it.

Seriously tho, at this point, who on this show ISN'T gay/lesbian/bi?

by Anonymousreply 113January 19, 2018 2:25 PM

r122, Laurel was sure she could convince Dominic to work with them to get her son back (maybe emotionally blackmailing Dominic for killing Wes?). Her son is her number one priority right now.

by Anonymousreply 114January 19, 2018 3:16 PM

Enough with Laurel, please. She's the worst character. Let her father take her and the baby and go away. Take Oliver too. I can't take his crying anymore and then we can have slutty Conner again.

by Anonymousreply 115January 19, 2018 3:37 PM

Waay over the top on drama. I nearly need a Xanax to watch my favorite program now and that is a shame. Its like they took “Carrie” from Homeland and multiplied her by 5. Connor is cute, but I wanted to kill his drama queen hysterical self off after the past 2 seasons. Continually screeching and high drama. Laurel just moves at her own thing and does whatever she wants. When Bonnie is the only calm one that is saying something. I cant take my eyes off Analisse, but I would like to see her just go mellow for a bit. I am beginning to hate this show - it is beyond ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 116January 19, 2018 4:09 PM

Laurel Castillo = Electra King (from James Bond: The World Is Not Enough)?

Both got kidnapped, both dads didn't pay the ransom, both went after their dads, both can charm any guy they meet ... I mean how many guys are / were under Laurel's spell? Frank, Wes, Dominic ...? I wouldn't be surprised if Connor turns out to be not even bi and just pretended to be gay to be close to Laurel, because Laurel is worth every time Connor had to have sex with a guy just to be close to her.

by Anonymousreply 117January 19, 2018 4:17 PM

Oliver is so whiny and self-righteous. He was the one who wanted to work with Annalise and steal the hard drive. He knew what he was getting into. His martyr act is such bullshit.

Killing off Oliver would be a good move and would give Jack some great material.

by Anonymousreply 118January 19, 2018 4:40 PM

R117 That's a whole lot of pretending lol

So much Humpr hookups for a pretend-gay guy

by Anonymousreply 119January 19, 2018 8:12 PM

R118 Coliver fans would lose their shit

by Anonymousreply 120January 19, 2018 8:13 PM

I'm tired of Oliver, too, but all in all a great episode. The show is back on track.

But WTF is wrong with Frank? Does no one care that he's a psycho?

by Anonymousreply 121January 20, 2018 1:19 AM

r121 I think they overlook it because he comes in handy (ie. threatens, kills) when they need it.

by Anonymousreply 122January 21, 2018 2:24 AM

Dominic had to die since he's a regular on ABC's newest hit, "The Good Doctor."

by Anonymousreply 123January 21, 2018 2:27 AM

It was revealed he was alive at the end.

by Anonymousreply 124January 21, 2018 2:43 AM

all the yelling and ALL the drama; I think any teacher in a class would tell a student to take it down a notch or seven; there's no way you can maintain that level of intensity over a season.

I still like the show, and I'm glad they killed Wes because he just seem to be there and stare at everyone.

I love me some Frank.

by Anonymousreply 125January 21, 2018 3:17 AM

R124 Dominick is not alive, that was a flashback. And R68 requesting they bring back Meggie! Thanks for the laugh.

I watch this show because it is so soapy and for the crazy reveals at the end of the episode. Viola really commits to the insane storylines. Most new shows make actors sign 5- or 7-year contracts so I doubt they will cancel it until Viola's is up.

by Anonymousreply 126January 21, 2018 5:59 AM

R225 that episode needed all the shouting and ALL the drama.

It was the "return" after a confusing and sometimes desultory first part of the season.

This ripped ass.

by Anonymousreply 127January 21, 2018 6:07 AM

[quote]I still like the show, and I'm glad they killed Wes because he just seem to be there and stare at everyone.

I despised Wes. All he did was cause trouble and act like a lunatic & no one ever seemed to realize that Annalise wasn't the source of all of their problems initially, he was.

Now I hate Laurel. The thing is, her father may be claiming that she has issues and she is crazy but I was waiting for someone to point out that she really was acting out there this past season. She didn't care that her father is powerful, she didn't care that she was pregnant, she just wanted to take him down and didn't give any thought to anything that may happen to anyone else.

Laurel acting like Dominic was suddenly " a changed man" and being upset that Frank killed him after claiming that she loved Wes so much while knowing Dominic killed him was just ridiculous.

Connor's father was right when he said Oliver wasn't right for Connor. I always thought it was a mistake when the two hooked up so early.

Oliver is acting like a fool after Connor told him to stay away from whatever the group was planning. He didn't listen. He got involved. Something bad happened and he needs to own it. I'm sorry that the guy you inadvertently helped to shoot himself told you that he had a crush on you before you did it but you did it anyway.

None of these people should have been stupid enough to get sucked into Laurel's plan -- especially Michaela who has the most to lose at this point.

Of course my favorite part of all of this is that no one can blame Annalise for causing any of this and when shit went bad they came running to her.

Hell: Asher killed Emily. Bonnie killed Rebecca. Wes killed Sam. Dominic killed Wes Nate killed his ex Nia who was already dying. Frank killed Lilla (on Sam's order), Wallace, Dominic, Bonnie's father & Annalise's Baby (On Mahoney's order.)

But Annalise is the one that gets the bad rep.

by Anonymousreply 128January 21, 2018 6:38 AM

[quote]But Annalise is the one that gets the bad rep.

Because she is the one pushing them over the edge and the magic glue that keeps them floating over the abyss to keep her company. She is (still) like a vampire feeding on their fear and regret. At this point these guys have something like Stockholm Syndrome because they keep coming back for more, because they keep getting into trouble, without ther around, and they need her to fix it and save them. But, I am sure, that comes with a price.

by Anonymousreply 129January 21, 2018 8:15 AM

Do you guys think Connor can kill somebody in this show?

by Anonymousreply 130January 21, 2018 11:27 AM

r130, of course he can. Just make him believe Oliver is in danger or dead and you can bet he goes full on Charles Bronson on his enemies.

by Anonymousreply 131January 21, 2018 11:38 AM

[quote]Hell: Asher killed Emily. Bonnie killed Rebecca. Wes killed Sam. Dominic killed Wes Nate killed his ex Nia who was already dying. Frank killed Lilla (on Sam's order), Wallace, Dominic, Bonnie's father & Annalise's Baby (On Mahoney's order.)

Philadelphia is the new Cabot Cove.

by Anonymousreply 132January 21, 2018 5:29 PM

R130, he's too busy breaking viewers' hearts.

by Anonymousreply 133January 21, 2018 5:34 PM

I took a sitcom writing class and we were pitching ideas; one student pitched a Will & Grace episode that was waayyy too Jack and Karen heavy; the teacher said What's the name of the show?

Someone pitched an Everybody Loves Raymond idea and in it by the end of the show everyone hated Ray. Teacher asked same question.

So How To Get Away With Murder is living up to its title!

by Anonymousreply 134January 21, 2018 5:36 PM

I'm an idiot. Dominic is dead, I was thinking of the reveal at the end about Simon.

Oliver seems to have feelings for Simon. He needs to be silenced, pronto.

by Anonymousreply 135January 22, 2018 5:18 AM

Maybe Oliver and Simon will begin to date later on and we'll get to see Connor be a hoe again to make Oli jealous

by Anonymousreply 136January 22, 2018 5:41 AM

r132, Nevermind that, will these law students ever graduate from law school?

by Anonymousreply 137January 23, 2018 2:28 AM

r136 I wonder if Oliver will dump Connor and date Simon out of pity.

God, that sounds awful even typing it LOL

by Anonymousreply 138January 23, 2018 4:26 AM

Out of guilt Oliver will most certainly spend more time at Simon's hospital bed than with Connor for a while. It wouldn't be Oliver if he didn't take care of Simon after wakes up and helphim to recover and adjust.

by Anonymousreply 139January 23, 2018 6:08 AM

How does Viola do it? Massaging that bloody crotch dropping was hys terical.

All but A sould die in a gruesome terrorist attack

by Anonymousreply 140January 23, 2018 6:20 AM

R140 Annaliese and Connor need to survive the whole series!! And maybe Nate too..

Though I think Annaliese will die by the very end of this show.

by Anonymousreply 141January 23, 2018 1:23 PM

I think the show will end with one of the Keating 5 teaching his or her own class (and maybe gotten away with murdering Annalise and take her place as best defense lawyer ever?).

by Anonymousreply 142January 23, 2018 1:27 PM

[quote]Nevermind that, will these law students ever graduate from law school?

Connor dropped out, yet he's claiming to be Ollie's lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 143January 23, 2018 7:13 PM

He claimed that to a police officer who stood in his way to get to Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 144January 23, 2018 7:18 PM

Laurel's eyebrows have no arch whatsoever. They are just completely horizontal.

by Anonymousreply 145January 26, 2018 2:31 AM

Why is Frank walking around with Dominic's phone??!! Doesn't he know it's possible to triangulate its location??!!

by Anonymousreply 146January 26, 2018 12:49 PM

I'm sick of dumb shit Oliver. I liked it better when he was smart.

by Anonymousreply 147January 26, 2018 11:29 PM

If Simon ever wakes up, Oliver is so going to dump Connor and get together with Simon out of guilt and maybe to get away from the whole murder drama. I wonder if that's the show's way of getting rid of Oliver and push Connor over the edge (getting dumped by Oliver for good)?

by Anonymousreply 148January 26, 2018 11:33 PM

I hate Oliver. He’s such a drag.

by Anonymousreply 149January 27, 2018 5:24 PM

So Simon is supposedly and undocumented immigrant from Pakistan -- why is he named "Simon Drake?"

by Anonymousreply 150January 27, 2018 7:04 PM

fake identity / passport?

by Anonymousreply 151January 27, 2018 7:20 PM

So, it wasn't Laurel's dad who got Wes killed? Dominic killed Wes on Laurel's mom's orders?

Only on HTGAWM (you get such cray cray twists thrown at you).

The first scene with Nate's dad was fucking intense and epic with him getting dragged out at the end calling his son a pig.

Jack Coleman (Steve Carrington2.0 from Dynasty) guest starring as, what else, lawyer (it's HTGAWM after all - they always need lawyers there).

by Anonymousreply 152February 2, 2018 9:10 AM

I miss the first season with new cases every week and Annalise in the classroom. And slutty Conner.

by Anonymousreply 153February 2, 2018 11:21 AM

tl;dr. Don't watch anymore. Has Fallahee been getting away with much sex or shirtlessness?

by Anonymousreply 154February 2, 2018 11:58 AM

R154 No to both.

by Anonymousreply 155February 2, 2018 1:20 PM

A crossover! How to Survive a Scandal!

by Anonymousreply 156February 9, 2018 6:02 PM

Every season I say I'm done with the stupid show, but keep on watching. It's got more holes in it than Hard Sun.

by Anonymousreply 157February 9, 2018 6:21 PM

You just know that wedding is never going to happen for Connor and Oliver. Just as they're about to wake up , Simon will wake up and Oliver will be too guilt-ridden to wed Connor.

I wish they would break them up. I loved them together the first season but Oliver has become a drag. I don't see what draws Connor to him anymore.

And Bonnie is not normally that stupid. She must have known that her blatantly asking for Jimmy Smits' case files was going to be a red flag to the ADA.

by Anonymousreply 158February 10, 2018 12:26 AM

*about to wed

by Anonymousreply 159February 10, 2018 5:10 AM

Yeah, Bonnie really screwed up not just with the case file but blackmailing ADA Denvers. That wasn't just a rookie mistake that was "suicide by cop" level of asking to get murdered by Denvers and Laurel's dad (like they are afraid of her threat of the truth getting leaked to the press in case something happens to her).

by Anonymousreply 160February 10, 2018 9:10 AM

Coliver gets wed by the very end of the series, I presume

by Anonymousreply 161February 10, 2018 9:35 AM

I'm thinking Bon-Bon is the big kill this season. Wes was a big one, now they need another big death.

by Anonymousreply 162February 11, 2018 12:47 AM

What the hell is wrong with Jimmy Smits' skin? He has major dark areas around his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 163February 11, 2018 1:30 AM

R162 I KNOW!! Feels like they're completing her story arc.. they did her backstory, gave her depth, fully established her connection with AK and the writers answered all our questions and curiousities for this complex character.

I honestly feel like I would cry. And I don't even like her character completely, but I feel that the show would be different but also more interesting if Bonnie dies.

by Anonymousreply 164February 11, 2018 8:54 AM

[quote]I feel that the show would be different but also more interesting if Bonnie dies.

I actually think it would be LESS interesting without Bonnie. I hope she lives to see another season! Liza Weil is doing the best work of her career on this show.

In other news, the dialect coach responsible for Lolita Davidovich's horrendous French accent needs to be fired. Half the time, she's speaking in a Russian-y accent, sometimes there's virtually no accent at all, and then the rest of the time it's as if she's mimicking Pepé Le Pew.

by Anonymousreply 165February 15, 2018 10:29 PM

R165 I say interesting because Bonnie has always been AK's sidekick and has recently been saving their ass, especially this season. It would be interesting how they would "get away with murder" in a season without Bonnie.

by Anonymousreply 166February 16, 2018 12:06 AM

Bonnie killed Rebecca. I think at some point she will have to pay for that, because what would be so special about how to get away with murder if everybody gets away with it (on the show)?

by Anonymousreply 167February 18, 2018 10:23 AM

I hope Bonnie lasts. I am enjoying her giant sized crush on AK. Didnt they kiss once already? If the NYC Attorney cant return - Bonnie will have to fill in, unless the corporate attorney steps up.

by Anonymousreply 168February 19, 2018 7:35 PM

[quote]Didnt they kiss once already?

They did, but I didn't get a romantic vibe from it.

They've even talked about their "love" on the show -- it's more of an intensely codependent relationship rather than a romantic one.

by Anonymousreply 169February 19, 2018 7:45 PM

R169, story of my life.

by Anonymousreply 170February 19, 2018 8:03 PM

Sandrine's French is far better than Laurel's.

by Anonymousreply 171February 19, 2018 8:22 PM

Great episode tonight though it would have been better not intermingled with Scandal in a 2-hour crossover.

by Anonymousreply 172March 2, 2018 8:47 AM

[Quote]Interest in this show has noticeably dropped off each season.…

I stopped watching during the 2016–17 season when it killed off Alfred Enoch’s character, Wes. It was foolish. And I did not want to watch any longer.

by Anonymousreply 173March 2, 2018 12:00 PM

If this was a Ryan Murphy show you know he’d make the actor playing Oliver go to the gym and shave off that really annoying tuft of hair on his chest. And trim those armpits!

by Anonymousreply 174March 2, 2018 11:05 PM

Michaelea is a tramp.

by Anonymousreply 175March 3, 2018 1:31 AM

I thought it was a great show with Viola Davis and Kerry Washington just eclipsing all comers - and then Cicely Tyson . The only possible excuse for the never woulda happen horror of Tyson spilling soup was so Washington could have a scene with Tyson - dont blame her but what a fucked up contrivance. Viola Davis delivered yet one more speech of her life in her closing. It could have been preserved for actual court proceedings - I LOVE her.

Didn’t understand why Olivia didn’t expose the corrupt right wing judge - maybe they will have him forcibly recused from the decision. That would be something to look forward to. Also why spoil the end with the recovery of Simon? This show just never wants Viola to have a moment as a “WIN” - WTF is THAT ABOUT Peter Norwalk??? Give her a goddamn moment in the Sun you little shit.

i want Michaelea to dump that idiotic ManBaby Asher - I cant stand him even if he has lived a house of horrors himself. He is like Bobby Brown without the mental illness and sporting a Law Degree . RUN Michaelea! Marcus is the PERFECT transition object!

by Anonymousreply 176March 3, 2018 1:38 AM

I thought Viola and Kerry were terrific together. Yeah, a lot of it was forced to ensure they had scenes together... but it worked. And while I have never thought of Kerry as a great actress, she did hold her own with Viola which surprised me.

Also, Olivia seemed more like herself, unlike the hatchet job Shonda and her writers have done to the character over the years. I really think Shonda is jealous of Kerry to write Olivia so horribly.

by Anonymousreply 177March 3, 2018 1:41 AM

I don’t watch Kerry's show. I thought Kerry was awful and surprisingly unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 178March 3, 2018 4:14 PM

I think Kerry’s gorgeous but that Drew Barrymore voice and lisp are unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 179March 3, 2018 9:43 PM

IMO no other present weekly drama show can do these type of cliffhanger moments from episode to episode.

by Anonymousreply 180March 4, 2018 10:55 AM

Now that "Scandal" is ending, maybe Olivia can pop up on HtGAwM more often, whenever Annalise and company need help "fixing" problems. I thought KW and VD were great together.

by Anonymousreply 181March 4, 2018 2:41 PM

Kerry's gums scared me at times. At some point I thought Viola and Kerry would start the whole "My Gran, why do you have such big teeth?" shtick from Red Riding Hood.

by Anonymousreply 182March 5, 2018 2:49 PM

Viola was fantastic with her last speech. Michaela needs to be with Marcus. Maybe he can move over to HTGAWM after Scandal wraps up. Am sick to death of Asher. Kill him off already. I love Oliver, but want to smack the shit out of Conner most of the time.

I would have liked to have a Huck/Frank meeting on the crossover. Also, if they aren't going to bring back Eve (c'mon! Her show was cancelled - bring her back!) can we get a stable relationship for Annalise?

I'm thinking Bonnie and Nate will be killed off soon. I think Nate is on a new series, and Bonnie's storyline needs wrapped up.

by Anonymousreply 183March 5, 2018 3:01 PM

Ok bitches - anyone watching this tonight? Preview description is "The Night Before He Died" - so hopefully we'll see Wes in flashbacks. I'm thinking her Mom is behind the killing, but why?

by Anonymousreply 184March 8, 2018 5:55 PM

This show started out great. Now it is fucking tedious.

by Anonymousreply 185March 8, 2018 5:58 PM

R179, I agree; she's stunning, but her voice and lisp.

Struggling actors see this and think why can't I be that successful?

So they hang in there and some become successful and some don't.

Most don't, but they're willing to gamble.

by Anonymousreply 186March 8, 2018 6:12 PM

I miss the show the way it was with Annalise teaching and taking on cases.

by Anonymousreply 187March 8, 2018 6:13 PM

Utter shitfest making less sense over time.

by Anonymousreply 188March 8, 2018 6:17 PM

the creator had a great idea for a show but it's gotten convoluted and it's taken the 'how to get away with murder' theme too far.

I do like it though; I don't always watch it but I plan to watch tonight.

by Anonymousreply 189March 8, 2018 6:21 PM

Well, R188 no one's holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch.

There are so many unpleasant things in life we can't avoid. TV shows aren't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 190March 8, 2018 8:16 PM

R190 = whazername

by Anonymousreply 191March 8, 2018 9:44 PM

Oooooooh! Who was in the car that crashed? Maybe Tegan? Or Denver?

Also, next week is the season finale? Damn - short season.

by Anonymousreply 192March 9, 2018 3:27 AM

r192 i'm sure they want you to believe it's Bonnie but I am sure that's a red herring.

by Anonymousreply 193March 9, 2018 3:31 AM

We saw all the Keating 5 - could be Laurel's mom? Unless Bonnie is ready to be off of the show.

by Anonymousreply 194March 9, 2018 3:37 AM

Unfortunately the show made a big deal about Bonnie thinking her car breakers were tampered with. Yeah it was probably Bonnie thoughI hope not.

by Anonymousreply 195March 9, 2018 4:56 AM

*car brakes. (I hate auto correct)

by Anonymousreply 196March 9, 2018 4:57 AM

Simon and Oliver are going to end up together. Something is going to happen to Conner.

by Anonymousreply 197March 9, 2018 10:49 PM

Get rid of Oliver not Connor.

by Anonymousreply 198March 9, 2018 11:43 PM

They need to get rid of Asher. Send his whiny ass back to OITNB.

I loved that they pulled in strong actors from older police dramas. Jimmy Smits and Sharon Lawrence from NYPD Blue, and Katherine Dent from Oz and Law & Order: C.I. Now if they can only get in Michael Chiklis from The Shield...

by Anonymousreply 199March 10, 2018 12:42 AM

I can't stand how they keep shoehorning Oliver into every story ("Oliver, you need to go see Simon." "Oliver, you need to go see Simon AGAIN.") They are trying so hard to make him part of the Keating Five but it doesn't work for me.

by Anonymousreply 200March 10, 2018 4:34 AM

Is anyone else underwhelmed by the story development of Wes' / Christopher's murder? They introduce Laurel's mom and then give us "mom AND dad schemed together to get their daughter's boyfriend murdered"? That's the big twist?

by Anonymousreply 201March 10, 2018 5:13 AM

Was there some some fuck-up with the recording / continuity error? In the flashback scene Laurel's mom says Dominic's name first, then Frank's, then says now you (Wes), on the recording Laurel hears her mother saying Frank's name first, then Dominic's.

by Anonymousreply 202March 10, 2018 5:33 AM

r201 yes it was underwhelming. Especially since they pretty much insinuated the mother was involved previously.

Like Oliver, they really want to make Laurel's family happen. (Although Esai Morales is still hot).

by Anonymousreply 203March 10, 2018 5:39 AM

Is Oliver the cousin Oliver of the show? LOL

by Anonymousreply 204March 10, 2018 5:41 AM

Has Connor done an actual horrible thing in this show??

Besides being a hoe?

by Anonymousreply 205March 10, 2018 9:18 AM

If Bonnie is really dead, then shout out to the DLers who have predicted it correctly!!

But if it's not... I'm gonna say it will be Annaliese's mom.

by Anonymousreply 206March 10, 2018 9:20 AM

When Wes came out of the shower, did anyone else have a "Dallas" flashback with Bobby and "it was all a dream"? I was really waiting for that.

This season feels like it's all over the place. Annalise's therapist storyline was just odd. They didn't hook up, but we have the secondary storyline about his daughter and ex-wife. Why?

Conner was involved in Sam's killing, I think R205. Or it's coverup.

by Anonymousreply 207March 10, 2018 1:38 PM

R207 The point was just to parallel and give more insight to Annalise's thoughts about loss of her own child, as well as see more of what makes her tick and confront why she is the way she is. It's strange, because the scenes actually were really good in delivering on all the things I previously mentioned imo, plus we got some great acting out of it, but for some reason it still felt a little empty

by Anonymousreply 208March 10, 2018 8:34 PM

Ohhh yeahhhhh!

SPOILER

Not Bonnie !!

by Anonymousreply 209March 16, 2018 2:06 AM

Asher is a whiny pussy.

by Anonymousreply 210March 16, 2018 2:18 AM

Woot! They're leaving it open for a crossover of Scandal characters on HTGAWM next season !

by Anonymousreply 211March 16, 2018 2:48 AM

The new guy is FUCKING HOT!

by Anonymousreply 212March 16, 2018 4:05 AM

Who is he R212 ? Someone's son

What happened to Laurel's Mom?

by Anonymousreply 213March 16, 2018 4:14 AM

R213 is it going to be Bonnie's son?

by Anonymousreply 214March 16, 2018 4:40 AM

I love the "everybody's happy" montage at the end as if these are good people.

by Anonymousreply 215March 16, 2018 12:13 PM

Meh, I was hoping for something like Laurel being the one who told Dominic to kill Wes, but doesn't know because she has a split personality, or something. But we did see she has some scratch marks on her arm (mom put up a fight?).

by Anonymousreply 216March 16, 2018 4:27 PM

R216, apparently we don't know where Laurel's mom is. Her father even asked if she'd hurt her mother. Did Laurel's dad kill the DA? I'll have to re-watch the episode. With DST, I'm falling asleep mid-TV show.

by Anonymousreply 217March 16, 2018 5:20 PM

He's MY son!!!

by Anonymousreply 218March 16, 2018 5:26 PM

This show is a bore. Perhaps the new kid will hook up with Conner (or Oliver). That will spice things up.

by Anonymousreply 219March 16, 2018 5:51 PM

I thought the new DA was dirty......didnt he threaten Bonnie a few weeks ago ? Now he has a crush on her ? Or is it a set up ?

by Anonymousreply 220March 16, 2018 6:22 PM

There's no way plain jane BonBon could squeeze out a hot guy like that. I call shenanigans

by Anonymousreply 221March 16, 2018 6:30 PM

Maddox and Connor PLEASE...

by Anonymousreply 222March 19, 2018 9:51 PM

So Pakistan exists in the HTGAWM universe, but not in the Scandal world --- when they had that plot about the leader of a foreign country that Mellie almost banged, he was from some fictitious country that was supposed to be India or Pakistan. But they used a fake name.

by Anonymousreply 223March 19, 2018 11:33 PM

Isn't the new guy meant to be Annalise's long-thought-to-be-dead son?

The Mahoneys were wealthy and powerful (and vindictive) enough to swap her living baby (at the hospital) for a dead baby after the car accident.

by Anonymousreply 224March 24, 2018 11:47 AM

I thought the new kid was supposed to be Bon Bon's son, but it makes more sense that he would be Annalise's son.

I was praying that Laurel was the one that was dead in the car crash, but once again, no dice. I'm sick of her molten lava depressed face all the time.

I liked this season so much better than the last couple seasons. I like how they are turning Michaela into the "old Annalise" because someone needs to be.

by Anonymousreply 225March 25, 2018 11:27 AM

Where is the notion that the new guy is Bonnie's son coming from? Was it ever alluded to she had a long lost baby? He's clearly Annalise's kid.

by Anonymousreply 226March 25, 2018 3:02 PM

Didnt the file on Bonnie mention a baby she gave away ?.....(or a similar narrative)

by Anonymousreply 227March 25, 2018 3:04 PM

Because Bon Bon was raped multiple times when she was younger. Of course there could be a child.

by Anonymousreply 228March 25, 2018 3:18 PM

They need to wrap up the Wes story once and for all. He's dead. And Laurel, too. I'm sure she is either crazy or has multiple personalities because everyone has alluded to the fact that she is not who they think she is.

by Anonymousreply 229March 25, 2018 5:08 PM

[quote]They need to wrap up the Wes story once and for all. He's dead.

But there are always flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 230March 25, 2018 5:12 PM

Couldn't agree more about wrapping up the Wes bullshit. Time to move on with the hot new kid and crazy, heartless Michaela.

by Anonymousreply 231March 25, 2018 5:20 PM

[quote]Because Bon Bon was raped multiple times when she was younger. Of course there could be a child.

They already established that Bonnie had a baby at 15, and didn't know who the father was.

by Anonymousreply 232March 25, 2018 7:02 PM

R227 When Nate was looking at Bonnie's file (compiled by the D.A.) there was a handwritten notation along the lines of "Child is still alive?"

by Anonymousreply 233March 25, 2018 11:16 PM

Thanks, r233, that's why I thought it was Bonnie's kid at the school. But then I wasn't sure if it was Bonnie's file he was looking at and didn't feel like rewinding.

by Anonymousreply 234March 26, 2018 2:52 AM

I hope Maddox guy is gayyy.

by Anonymousreply 235March 26, 2018 4:26 PM

Are they doing another season? I know the ratings are good enough, but Miss Viola Davis was only signed to four. And they seemed like they had a pretty good end point if they weren't going to continue.

by Anonymousreply 236March 26, 2018 4:41 PM

Put this show out of its MIZ-ER-EE.

by Anonymousreply 237May 17, 2018 3:01 AM

It was renewed for another season.

by Anonymousreply 238May 17, 2018 4:57 AM

Speak for yourself. This show is STILL good

by Anonymousreply 239May 19, 2018 5:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!