Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Clinton suggests Giuliani, others pressured Comey to reopen email probe

Hillary Clinton suggested on Monday that former FBI Director James Comey may have been pressured by former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and others to reopen the bureau's investigation into her use of a private email server less than two weeks before the 2016 presidential election.

"He was under pressure from Rudy Giuliani, others — both former and current FBI officials," Cliton told Charlie Rose in an interview. "Giuliani announced two days before [Oct. 28] — 'something big is coming in two days.'"

Clinton's comments referenced an Oct. 25 Fox News appearance by Giuliani, a former Trump campaign adviser and surrogate, in which he said that the campaign had an upcoming "surprise."

“We’ve got a couple of surprises left,” he said. “I’d call them surprises in the way that we’re going to campaign to get our message out there — maybe in a little bit of a different way.”

Three days later, on Oct. 28, Comey announced that he had decided to reopen the FBI investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server during her tenure as secretary of State.

That investigation had initially been closed earlier in the year with Comey recommending no charges against Clinton.

The former Democratic presidential nominee has attributed her loss, at least in part, to Comey's decision to reopen the investigation, and has suggested that Comey decided to make the announcement despite knowing that it could sway the election outcome.

by Anonymousreply 6712/08/2017

I'd love to see Giuliani behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 109/27/2017

Me too. Guiliani is corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 209/27/2017

Giuliani was involved in the election campaign, then all of a sudden he was gone and we didn't hear anything from him.

by Anonymousreply 309/27/2017

Giuliani is complicit. Lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 409/27/2017

Hillary and the blame game.

Give it up, Grandma, it's over for you. Vile, bitter woman.

by Anonymousreply 509/27/2017

Yeah where the fuck is Rudy anyway? He should be in prison too.

by Anonymousreply 609/27/2017

Very good point, r3.

by Anonymousreply 709/27/2017

Poor Bill. It must be hell living with her.

by Anonymousreply 809/27/2017

Oh, honey.

"And I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for men, white women, deplorables, James Comey, Rudy Guliani, the media, Berne Sanders, Russia, Obama, my Correct the Record minions for not putting their back into it. Everyone but my bad data guy and creepy Podesta. And maybe it's my fault a tad bit because.... I'm such a perfectionist."

The most qualified? Hah!

by Anonymousreply 909/27/2017

It's a pleasure to block the misogynist Russian trolls here. R5 R8 and R9

by Anonymousreply 1009/27/2017

Agreed r10

by Anonymousreply 1109/27/2017

Giuliani himself said he had lots of the friends in the FBI and was getting info from them.

by Anonymousreply 1209/27/2017

They used to say there was a NYC "rogue faction" of the FBI that was virulently anti Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 1309/27/2017

Can't this loser just shut up, already? It figures that the fucked up media will give her all the air time she wants and now, lovers like the OP are spreading her shit. Enough already!

by Anonymousreply 1409/27/2017

I think Hillary is correct. I think she knows more than she is saying.

I remember at the time of the Comey fiasco that both Giuliani AND Trump's daughter-in-law Lara (Eric's wife) were promising an October surprise and VOILA!

They KNEW.

by Anonymousreply 1509/27/2017

R14 are you a loser if the election was hacked against you?

by Anonymousreply 1609/27/2017

Im just going to leave this right here.......It covers RG , the NY FBI, Comey, etc......

....and fyi...before you start with the LM hate, read the damn article....from almost a year ago. Funny how a lot of it has been proven true since.

by Anonymousreply 1709/27/2017

R15 I really can't stand Lara Trump. What dog dose she have in this fight? Besides being married to Eric Trump? Something about her annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 1809/27/2017

R13 Rogue? Hillary used to be a cunt to CIA, and FBI personnel on a regular basis. She was hated by a large percentage of FBI and CIA people.

Did Coney's Revelations really sway things? I highly doubt it as Hill won the popular vote quite handily.

by Anonymousreply 1909/27/2017

I've been saying this for months. Rudy was a key player. And all because he hates women in powerful positions. He resented HRC's relationship with Mayor Mike too. I was also tell you all that Rudy was the guy who was telling news media types HRC "was going to be indicted any minute" and he kept the hype going. He has access to retired FBI agents and current FBI agents and other formers who now work security for him. They get jobs and they get paid after they leave gov't service and he is definitely a friendly. As a former U.S. attorney and mr Mayor 9/11 he has the ear of a lot of people who ordinarily wouldn't be that stupid. and hew knows how to manipulate the Press. Of course for Rudy, the Press enjoys being manipulated. Dumbassed fucker. I hope he rots in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 2009/27/2017

Where does Obama fit in all this? He backed Comey and after the election blamed Hillary's loss all on her. He is very quiet now on the whole disaster. How come he could not control his FBI guy and how come he was not able to undermine Putin's efforts to derail the election, the voter discrimination, the possible hacking ...

by Anonymousreply 2109/27/2017

blame, blame, blame, blame, yada yada yada

by Anonymousreply 2209/27/2017

distract, decide, divert, yada, yada, yada

by Anonymousreply 2309/27/2017

bump

by Anonymousreply 2409/27/2017

Well Obama needs to be fucking quiet. Because IMO he helped usher in Donald Trump. His timid tepid response to the Russian intervention, and he knew WAY more about it than we did and he knew it earlier, allowed them to run their game and railroad Hillary. I was appalled at what he said about her. I was disgusted but not surprised when Biden did that but I expected more for Obama. I mean WTF. Hillary won the popular vote. So do not ever tell me "what she did wrong." That fucking election was stolen. I felt that way in December and every little crumb of information that leaks out since then has confirmed my suspicions. But instead of Obama embracing WTF HE did wrong, he put it on Hillary. So it's good that he finally STFU. I'm so glad Michelle spoke up about the dumb ass white women who voted against their own interests.bFuck all those assholes. I hate Giuliani that arrogant POS apologist for Pigshit Trump.

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2017

America's mayor sure has been quiet lately.

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2017

Has Hillary missed anyone in her Blame Game yet?

Every time she speaks, Im more convinced shes mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2017

R21 Obama has openly admitted he knew the Russians were trying to interfere in the election for months beforehand, but did NOTHING about it at the time.

I think he & the players in his administration, like Clapper, Lynch & Holder, are eventually going to have to answer for that, on the witness stand.

Lynch & Bill Clinton did not accidentally meet on the airport tarmac & talk about ther grandchildren. I think it may have been about Russian meddling. " Pass the word to Hillary".

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2017

Totally agree R25, Obama is largely responsible for this mess, he was president while all this stuff was going down. I lost all respect for him when he backed Comey and after the election blamed Hillary. Pathetic coward!

I wonder what the FBI had on him to keep him quiet.

by Anonymousreply 2909/28/2017

Look R29, I supported Obama twice. I'm not an Obama hater and I resent the glee I read in your post at someone criticizing Obama. Obviously now that we know what Comey was dealing with vis a vis Trump, and the fact that he had already started investigating Trump in July, I completely understand that Obama may have wanted to salvage some threads of credibility for Comey so that the GOP majorities in both houses didn't destroy his credibility and the Trump investigation.

It really is through Comey's efforts that Mueller is there and we have any investigation going at all. The House & Senate committees are largely a joke. him. So I'm not pissing on Obama for protecting Comey. He had larger issues to deal with. I was also struck with how deliberate and specific Hillary was when she was asked whether Comey should have been fired. She said, "He should have been disciplined" for discussing the e-mail investigation at all.

Statisticians like Nate Silver and others with credibility have all agreed that Comey's October shit related to the Huma Abedeen/Anthony Weiner computers is what helped deliver a crushing blow to Hillary. The e-mail investigation (and Rudy Giuliani peddling his "indict any minute" bullshit ) is what made this election closer than it needed to be.

We had Russian interference, manipulating BernieBots, the fake news, the fake accounts on social media, etc. relentlessly for more than a year, we had the mainstream media largely AWOL because they were chasing the spectacle of Trump, & yet Hillary still won the popular vote. It took outright thievery and corruption of our electoral process to block her from entering the WH. I was ashamed of Obama for criticizing her because I knew he was succumbing to Biden's bullshit. But he has since stopped. I like to think Bill Clinton took him to task for being intellectually dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 3009/29/2017

When I realize the full force of what Hillary was up against, and that she still won the popular vote by a decent margin, I'm comforted. I'm glad I stood up for her and never qualified my support.

by Anonymousreply 3109/29/2017

Me too, R31, me too.

by Anonymousreply 3209/29/2017

^^ You really had no choice did you?

The Dems anointed her their nominee, nearly 2 yrs beforehand. There was no horse race for alternatives.

Gigantic error.

by Anonymousreply 3309/29/2017

Funny, r33. What’s your opinion of Bernie Sanders attempting to portray the tail end of a mathematically unwinnable primary as a horse race?

Gigantic error, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 3409/29/2017

[quote]I'm not pissing on Obama for protecting Comey. He had larger issues to deal with.

The biggest issue was to guarantee a fair and just election to make sure Trump didn't win. Obama massively failed at that. I honestly wonder what he was doing while the repugs and Russia were slowly eroding whatever was left of a democratic voting process. I hate Putin, but you have to give him credit, he knows how to shoehorn himself into western politics. I am sure he had a hand in Brexit and the refugee crises too, given how he supports Iran and Assad. Anything to destabilize the west, Putin is a masterful chess player at it. Obama was easy game.

by Anonymousreply 3509/29/2017

R35, neither you nor I know:

1. What exactly Obama knew. 2. When exactly Obama knew it. 3. What he did about it that is classified 4. What he did to prevent future problems 5. How he weighed the pros/cons 6. How he decided to handle Republicans stalling on Russia.

So why do you continue to focus on Obama so much?

by Anonymousreply 3609/29/2017

R35...

Trump, at the time, was spouting his "the election is rigged" bullshit. If Obama had been more vocal about what was going on, Trump would have used it against him, and if Trump lost, he would use that to challenge the results.

Knowing what we know now, it could be conjectured that Trump was trying to get ahead of the story and manipulate it in his favor. Trump is a master at projecting on to others the very things he is guilty of.

by Anonymousreply 3709/29/2017

That argument doesn't even make sense R37. There was no evidence for the dems rigging the election, there was plenty for the repugs doing it though, that's why Trump won.

by Anonymousreply 3809/29/2017

R37 is absolutely correct. So is R36.

Hindsight is always 20/20 or so the cliche' goes. But remembering vividly the climate, the situation the way the media was treating Hillary for months, and then Obama is seen to put his finger on the scale? Obama would have spent alll his credibility and been pilloried. He ASKED The GOP leadership to join him in speaking out about Russian interference and the yrefused. The leadership of the GOP had access to the Intel reports too. And they refused to join Obama in addressing it.

by Anonymousreply 3909/30/2017

Hillary too, R39

She would have been declared illegitimate by the GOP, they might have used their control of Congress to postpone or invalidate the election (not sure TBH how either would work legally), and generally refused to work with her the entire time she was in office, making what they did to Obama seem like a cakewalk.

by Anonymousreply 4009/30/2017

I agree R15. I think they all know.

by Anonymousreply 4109/30/2017

As to the subject of the headline, she really needs to stop this and now.

It's becoming a national joke, on all sides of the political spectrum, the way she keeps coming up with new people to blame.

You'll note that not a single Democratic politician has been seen with her on the book tour or is backing her up. They are trying to keep as much distance as possible, and in what must really eat at her, a whole bunch of the promising young Senators jumped on stage with her archenemy Bernie Sanders to co-sponsor that single payer bill. Talk about harsh optics.

What some of her diehard supporters on here don't seem to grasp is that many of the other Democrats on here (and outside of DL as well) feel that even with the alleged amount of interference (e.g., even if it is all true) she still should have handily beaten Trump. He was a clown, a fool, many of the more prominent Republicans actively worked against him (Romney) but mostly he was a blowhard clown who had no business running for president and the fact that as ridiculous as he was unable to pull of a Reagan-over-Mondale sized victory is a rather damning indictment of the ineptitude to her campaign.

Which is not to say we should give up the investigations, but rather to say that with a better candidate, nothing Putin did would have mattered because the opponent was Trump.

by Anonymousreply 4209/30/2017

^^ He was a clown, a fool, many of the more prominent Republicans actively worked against him (Romney) but mostly he was a blowhard clown who had no business running for president and the fact that as ridiculous as he was, [bold]she was [/bold] unable to pull of a Reagan-over-Mondale sized victory is a rather damning indictment of the ineptitude [bold]of [/bold]her campaign.

by Anonymousreply 4309/30/2017

R34 Bernie is not a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 4409/30/2017

^^^:Your Trump trolls used to try harder. LOL

by Anonymousreply 4509/30/2017

R45 was for R43

by Anonymousreply 4609/30/2017

So the Cecils are still dismissing anyone who does not worship at the altar of their pantsuit Jesus as a "Trump Troll"

That would seem to include the entire Democratic contingent to the House and Senate these days--they are all avoiding her like the Ebola virus.

by Anonymousreply 4709/30/2017

[quote]It's becoming a national joke, on all sides of the political spectrum, the way she keeps coming up with new people to blame.

Who gives a shit!

It doesn't matter what Americans alive today think of this atrocity, or how sick of this any of US are.

This is one for the history books.

It is HRC's duty as a legitimate contender for the presidency of the United States to respond to questions regarding the 2016 election.

Nothing she is saying is inaccurate, ALL of this must be attended to for the future of America and its Democratic elections.

by Anonymousreply 4809/30/2017

It's amazing that idiots like R42 still believe this was a legitimate election.

by Anonymousreply 4909/30/2017

R42 is a Putinbot apologust, check out their history.

by Anonymousreply 5012/07/2017

Doesn't this fucking cunt have a hike in the woods she can take?

She fucked over Sanders and I will never forgive the bitch. If I saw her on the street i would spit in her fucking face.

by Anonymousreply 5112/07/2017

Lock Guiliani up. He’s corrupt, grotesque and complicit. All of these meddlers and colluders should be in jail, including Trump and Pence.

by Anonymousreply 5212/07/2017

Thanks for helping to out these continual Hillary bashers . . . nice to block them once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 5312/07/2017

Before the FBI investigation is over Giuliani will be implicated in one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 5412/07/2017

Comey used to work for Giuliani.

by Anonymousreply 5512/07/2017

Is that why he was susceptible to pressure from Giuliani R55? Surely there must've been other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 5612/07/2017

R56 more like loyalty.

by Anonymousreply 5712/07/2017

Its all laid out right here....the how, the why, and who else was involved.....and all the LM haters can fuck off.....the majority of what shes been saying for months is all coming true......

by Anonymousreply 5812/07/2017

Investigating Clinton again for just 10 days never made any sense, as didn't excluding Weiner's computer from the main investigation just to bring it up ten days before the election with 'hey we forgot to look into the computer of the husband of Clinton's main aide'.

The whole thing stinks.

I agree that it was long term planning on Putin and the alt right's side to meddle in the British Brexit and the US election. Patribotics is Louise Mensch's blog so I take things she says with a grain of salt, but what happened last year was major obstruction of justice and I sincerely wonder how Obama was so toothless in not being able to prevent Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5912/07/2017

[quote]Lock Guiliani up. He’s corrupt, grotesque and complicit.

He is complicit in 9/11 and he has been taken good care of for his role in that charade.

by Anonymousreply 6012/08/2017

Something smells fishy about why and when Comey did what he did.

by Anonymousreply 6112/08/2017

How about she never uses a private email server in the first place? The Clintons know they’ll be dragged for anything and every thing yet they still have the hubris to push the boundaries. DNC needs to distance themselves. And Bernie’s got some skeletons too. We need a completely fresh start.

by Anonymousreply 6212/08/2017

[quote]How about she never uses a private email server in the first place?

How could she hit up world leaders for "donations" to the Clinton Foundation on a government server?

by Anonymousreply 6312/08/2017

r62, r63......Think before you speak. You do realize Trump and his minions are all using private servers ?....when questioned, they dont care.....funny, that was one of their favorite battle cries during the election. Hypocrites one and all and the brain dead followers who ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 6412/08/2017

R64, you must admit the Clinton Foundation prospered as a direct result of Hillary's secret server. Too bad she had to give back a ton of money after she lost.

by Anonymousreply 6512/08/2017

Why not ask Comey for the truth? Preferably under oath. I just like to see Giuliani squirm like the crusty vermin he is.

by Anonymousreply 6612/08/2017

[quote]I think Hillary is correct.

Giuliani freely admitted on TV that he was ratfucking her!

by Anonymousreply 6712/08/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!