Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GAGA: FIVE FOOT TWO on Netflix

I'm watching it right now. In the opening there are balloons in her house because A Star is Born has just been greenlit. Did you watch this doc? Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 97January 31, 2018 12:57 AM

tensions on the AHS set! And she smokes A LOT.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2017 9:41 PM

she's really over. Five years ago this thread would've exploded

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2017 10:13 AM

I watched it. She really is a talented woman once it's all stripped down. I walked away from it with the impression that she's very regular. These superstar docs are always a reminder that they're not lying when they say, "it's lonely at the top." With that circus constantly surrounding her, how can she date? I'm glad that she's becoming less try-hard.

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2017 11:05 AM

I want to see it. I believe she's a genuinely decent person and that's probably why her stardom is fading. You need to be ruthless to stay at the top.

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2017 11:38 AM

I started to watch it, but realized I had no interest in a pampered, rich, self-indulgent narcissist, surrounded by sycophants, who wanted to constantly talk about herself.

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2017 11:58 AM

Gaga who or what?

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2017 12:10 PM

she comes across as a very decent person in the doc, and she seemed sincere.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2017 3:24 PM

I was thinking about Madonna in Truth or Dare while watching the doc. The difference between those two is huge. I liked how down to earth Gaga seemed in the midst of enormous fame.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2017 4:10 PM

Madonna is a coward.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2017 11:04 PM

I watched this today. It was interesting (I'm not a fan). I don't know how anyone could live with all of those people constantly buzzing around you. She seems a bit bi-polar to me.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2017 11:16 PM

Ga Ga Land!

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2017 11:36 PM

I'm a big fan. I enjoyed the movie but it was a bit too scattered. Not to compare her to M but Truth of Dare was limited to M's during a global concert tour. The Gaga movie was sort of about making music, sort of about her health, sort of about her relationship with family, sort of about preparing for the Super Bowl, etc.

It's a drag that she's decided to take a break from making new music. I hope her current health issues improve. I'm looking forward to Star Is Born and the music that she makes for that movie.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2017 3:49 AM

It was about her life in the months leading up to the release of the album and Super Bowl prep. I don't think it was scattered. I fast forwarded through the family scenes.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2017 4:03 AM

I thought it was pretty bad. She's surrounded by all her yes-people who fawn over her on cue. Yuck. Plus, she's so dramatic. Always. The way she sings, everything. The only time I found her really genuine and likable was when she was interacting with a fan.

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2017 8:31 AM

I like her and I think she is very talented (her performance at the Rainbow Room is an example). However, the documentary is pretty bad and except for the moment [r14] mentioned, she is not likable at all. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2017 10:36 PM

She's very "extra" and actressy but you'd have to be to do what she does onstage. That behavior is beyond annoying, though. Fortunately I don't have to live with her or work for her, I can just enjoy her performances.

by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2017 10:48 PM

In comparison to the Katy Perry doc, she is the salt of the Earth. KP is beyond insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2017 5:58 AM

Did people watch this? I enjoyed it. She seemed like she was in a lot of pain though. The one part I didn't like was when she bought two copies of her CD. They could have pretended it was a gift for someone at least. I think everyone in the industry has seen album sales crash since Gaga first came on to the scene.

by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2017 1:37 PM

Other thoughts. Mark Ronson is hot but his accent I didn't really get. Is the Superbowl the peak? Maybe it's the biggest thing she'll do.. There's so much to a pop career that's not about the music itself.. Also, it must be weird to have people constantly massaging your face and applying makeup to you all the time. They're literally up in her face.

by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2017 1:46 PM

I think that a lot if artists buy their own album. It's sort of tradition.

by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2017 1:48 PM

The Super Bowl performance was for an audience of 100 million so it is one career peak. However, starring in A Star Is Born next year is another peak.

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2017 1:52 PM

I love how she shows up to Walmart dressed like that with a camera crew and the staff doesn't take the ten seconds needed to try to figure out who she is.

by Anonymousreply 22September 25, 2017 1:54 PM

[quote] I think that a lot if artists buy their own album. It's sort of tradition.

Oh right? I didn't know that. It makes sense they might want to see how the looks in the field as well...

by Anonymousreply 23September 25, 2017 2:02 PM

After the movie I rewatched the SB performance. It's pretty incredible that she included the "inclusivity verses" as part of her performance of Born This away. She could have very easily cut them out.

No one had ever made a similar statement to such a large global audience. That's pretty fucking awesome.

Don't be a drag, just be a queen Whether you're broke or evergreen You're black, white, beige, chola descent You're Lebanese, you're Orient Whether life's disabilities Left you outcast, bullied, or teased Rejoice and love yourself today 'Cause baby you were born this way

No matter gay, straight, or bi Lesbian, transgendered life I'm on the right track baby I was born to survive No matter black, white or beige Chola or orient made I'm on the right track baby I was born to be brave

by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2017 2:18 PM

R22 Maybe they thought she was one of those annoying YouTube vloggers conducting a "social experiment". They sure did change their treatment of her once they figured out who she was didn't they? Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2017 2:18 PM

Lol the original cashier didn't even know who she was at all, but still wanted a picture. I cracked up when he said, "she asked me a question!"

by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2017 2:21 PM

That signature Walmart customer service was on full display.

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2017 2:21 PM

Has any Star is Born version been a success? they all seem to flop

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2017 4:32 PM

1. a 4th remake of a star is born is ridiculous specially with Bradley forkin cooper.

all i all it was a good distraction. i enjoyed it more than i did not. i did think it was so stupid showing her being made up in her doctor's office girl please.....it HAD to be done then??? lame.

what i DID get was when she said basically.....I am surrounded all the time by all these people, all this noise, all this activity, all the time....then.....they all leave. and

i am alone.

more than not she is sincere and real.

by Anonymousreply 29September 25, 2017 6:42 PM

How tall is Gaga?

by Anonymousreply 30September 25, 2017 6:57 PM

[quote]No one had ever made a similar statement to such a large global audience. That's pretty fucking awesome.

Oh please. Madonna did it over 25 years ago and has been doing it ever since. I'm not even a huge Madonna fan but I get annoyed when people start pretending Gaga is the first one doing it. People always say Madonna used us to get ahead but I'd say Gaga has been way more calculating about it. BTW, I'm glad they both did it but after having seen for years Little Monsters being little cunts about everything it's time to once again set the record straight.

by Anonymousreply 31September 25, 2017 7:07 PM

i'm surprised i never see her obvious plastic surgery mentioned. She really changed her face a couple of years ago and not a boo. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 32September 25, 2017 10:05 PM

I noticed that in the paparazzi montage she looked different in the early shots and was wondering if she'd had work done..

by Anonymousreply 33September 25, 2017 10:17 PM

her nose is a half of what it used to be!

by Anonymousreply 34September 25, 2017 10:17 PM

I was wondering if she changed it back though. It seemed to go through phases with her nose.

by Anonymousreply 35September 25, 2017 10:19 PM

her features were much harder before. I think she had the first surgeries around the time of Born this way

by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2017 10:23 PM

Madonna's Super Bowl setlist: Vogue, Music, Give Me All Your Loving, Open Your Heart, Express Yourself, Like A Prayer

In which song does she state that it's OK to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2017 10:37 PM

Millennial dumb dumb at R37: there was a time when meanings were implicit because the public was not yet made of illiterates idiots. Those Madonna songs were 200% gay without needing a lecture for snowflakes like you and your little perma-victims friends.

by Anonymousreply 38September 25, 2017 10:40 PM

That was fucking fabulous, R38.

by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2017 10:52 PM

Madonna is elderly and so are her fans.

by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2017 12:07 AM

Madonna is, or soon will be a BILLIONAIRE. So fuck off R40.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 26, 2017 12:20 AM

R24 those lyrics are embarrassingly bad.

by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2017 12:59 AM

I just finished it and I thought it was awful. JFC all she did was bitch and moan and CRY. Every other scene she was fucking crying.

And plastic surgery or not, she is still absolutely fugly. Talented yes, but fugly as fuck. It looks like her surgeon left about four pounds of fat under her chin and her nose is still huge.

I thought she came off as an absolute weakling.

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2017 2:17 AM

My point was that Gaga's message didn't need to be interpreted. She came right out and declared to 100 million people: "Its OK to be gay." No one had to read between the lines.

But you don't think that's valuable because gayness should be hidden. You think that messages of acceptance should be coded. Please die soon.

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2017 2:23 AM

Is it true that she sits down for an interview topless?

Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 45September 26, 2017 2:55 AM

R44, have you seen the Madonna documentary Truth or Dare from 1991? Go watch it and you'll see what Madonna did for gay visibility. You most certainly don't have to read between the lines there.

I was 19 when Truth or Dare came out. I lived in a small town and wasn't really out. I went out alone to see the movie, and it was exhilarating. Seeing all those gorgeous gay men being openly what they are made me feel alive, and Madonna was there as their sort of mother / fag hag / sister / boss / friend. R44, believe me I get why you like Gaga and why you think she's some sort of pioneer in gay rights. People like me saw what Madonna did decades ago and have been wondering was going after gays another Gaga's attempt to emulate others to sell more records?

by Anonymousreply 46September 26, 2017 3:10 AM

[quote]Has any Star is Born version been a success? they all seem to flop

Streisand's version was a huge box-office success, and the soundtrack sold a gazillion copies. It won Golden Globes and Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 47September 26, 2017 3:15 AM

I agree with r46, r45 & r43. I'm 52 and my partner is 40. He's more into Gaga and I've always been more of a Madonna fan. We watched Gaga's Netflicks special together and were both shocked by how weepy and, well, just WEAK she seemed. Plus the nudity was stupid and totally gratuitous. My partner was left wondering where the empowered woman that Gaga purports to be was.

I told him that Madonna would bitch slap her and tell her to grow the fuck up and stop crying! And all that shit about being alone?? She doesn't have to be alone another night if she doesn't want to. She just needs to take ACTION and stop being such a PUSSY.

The documentary didn't give either one of us a favorable impression of her.

by Anonymousreply 48September 26, 2017 3:28 AM

The director of this is really cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 26, 2017 4:10 AM

I remember when GaGa would show up on the Logo channel now and again. She was so different and would hide in long capes and hoods. It was impossible to know what she looked like.

by Anonymousreply 50September 26, 2017 5:11 AM

What? I don't think she seemed weak at all. Ok, there was a bunch of crying. She seemed like a sensitive person in a high pressure lifestyle. It's an intimate portrait. Not to get too gendered but it seemed like she's not a superhero but a human woman. In other scenes she's totally capable of expressing her needs with authority to dancers, assistants, etc.

by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2017 12:03 PM

I think that she was emotional for several reasons with a few of them being the broken engagement, the pressure to not flop an album, the health issues. A few years ago, I remember a story about her forcing staff members to sleep(actually sleep) with her because she couldn't stand to be alone. I think that it was an ex-personal assistant who went off about her issues.

by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2017 12:08 PM

Who the hell were the 3 women in the beginning of the doc, in the kitchen making salads? I said that I ff through the baptism and visit to grandma's so idk if they were introduced as family.

by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2017 12:09 PM

The NYTimes review of the doc. The last paragraph is interesting.

[quote] She does not inhabit the best of all possible worlds, though, for all her privilege. Because Madonna is such an obvious antecedent (and she is mentioned here, specifically with respect to the tsoris surrounding Gaga’s reputedly Madonna-derived song “Born This Way”), this movie is bound to be compared to 1991’s “Truth or Dare.” But these are very different movies, because their subjects are very different people. While Madonna was shown as the happy ringleader of a media circus, “Five Foot Two” depicts an artist and idol in a peculiar isolation. Even when other people are in the frame, Gaga often seems sadly but necessarily alone.

Did she seem very alone to other people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2017 12:23 PM

[quote]she comes across as a very decent person in the doc, and she seemed sincere.

That's the entire point of these documentaries. Bieber's documentary makes him seem like a decent, likable person too.

by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2017 12:26 PM

Yes, she did. I commented on that at r3. How do you maintain normal relationships when your life looks that way? Some celebrities just don't have the social skills to do it. Rihanna is always around real friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 56September 26, 2017 12:26 PM

[quote]The only time I found her really genuine and likable was when she was interacting with a fan.

Is it really genuine if she knows the interaction is on camera being filmed for an upcoming documentary?

by Anonymousreply 57September 26, 2017 12:28 PM

I find her to be phony. This is the same chick who use to say "I don't care about money--I still live in the same 1-bedroom NYC apartment I've lived in since before I became famous. It's all I need." Well goodbye 1-bedroom apartment, hello $24 million Malibu mansion, Lamborghini and new pad in NYC (which is clearly not her old 1-bedroom). Phony all the way to the bank.

I was also a bit skeeved out at her exploiting the death of her aunt (Joanne) for record sales. It's one thing to write a song about her and maybe just give it to her father/grandma...but to monetize it (and then get pissed with it leaks on the internet for free) feels gross to me.

by Anonymousreply 58September 26, 2017 12:41 PM

the only PS i can see is a nose job so BFD.....who doesn't get a nose job in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 59September 26, 2017 1:42 PM

[quote] Phony all the way to the bank.

Maybe shit changed? She should continue to live like a pauper.

[quote] I was also a bit skeeved out at her exploiting the death of her aunt (Joanne) for record sales.

You're right. No musician, author or artist has ever mined their family life for material before.

by Anonymousreply 60September 26, 2017 2:05 PM

Doesn't make it any less skeevy when she does it.

by Anonymousreply 61September 26, 2017 2:07 PM

I don't know. I think she thought was being sincere. And she ran it by her family. And it doesn't seem like the lyrics contain especially personal or revealing details. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

by Anonymousreply 62September 26, 2017 2:11 PM

Grandma said it best: "Don't get all maudlin over it."

by Anonymousreply 63September 26, 2017 2:17 PM

She should change the name of it to 4 Days 64 Replies

by Anonymousreply 64September 26, 2017 8:51 PM

horrible. i agreed to watch it with a friend who loves her but even she hated it. she agreed with those here who found gaga too needy and whiney. someone like gaga has the means to change her life if she is lonely. people who complain and complain but don't do anything to change there circumstances deserve their fate. plus the whole thing seemed very manufactured.

by Anonymousreply 65September 26, 2017 11:38 PM

I watched this and I didn't get the impression she was some horrible person like some of you are implying. But I couldn't figure out why she's in so much pain. What's her diagnosis?

Some of you are probably disappointed because what you now realize is all that meat dressing & crazy wig wearing was just a persona for her. It's like when I first saw an interview with Pat Benatar where she talked about how unhappy about being a rocker and how she was really just a plain, ordinary singer. It's like the mask fell. This person is just putting on an act and she's really not this outrageous rebel. I don't think the Netflix special was manufactured but I think the whole Lady Gaga thing was made up and she couldn't keep up anymore which is why she walked around with just ordinary jeans to greet her fans. I think she's exhausted.

It's a tough business with everybody pulling at you, especially if you're a woman. I'd love to know of an example of a female performer who told all her handlers to shove it and who is actually in control of her image. I have never seen a Madonna special or behind the scenes story so I can't tell if she's one like that.

by Anonymousreply 66September 27, 2017 1:46 PM

[quote]Some of you are probably disappointed because what you now realize is all that meat dressing & crazy wig wearing was just a persona for her. It's like when I first saw an interview with Pat Benatar where she talked about how unhappy about being a rocker and how she was really just a plain, ordinary singer. It's like the mask fell. This person is just putting on an act and she's really not this outrageous rebel.

Do you think we're twelve? Of course all that attention-seeking gimmicky shit was a persona. And the fact that she finally gave it up makes me like her more, not less. But with that said, I'm still not a fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 27, 2017 2:21 PM

She needs a leaked sex tape to become relevant again

by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2017 2:46 PM

Well R67 you're one of those I knew it all along people aren't you. Bully for you and your superiority but there are some performers who aren't faking it and in the early years I bet you there were quite a few of those little monsters who thought she was legit with the persona she created. It's only when she started to tank and everyone, including the gays, turned against her that she took time off and came back and revamped herself as a songstress singing with Tony Bennet.

There are probably some genuinely crazy performers out there who weren't really putting on an act. Lady Gaga isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 69September 27, 2017 4:32 PM

[quote]Even when other people are in the frame, Gaga often seems sadly but necessarily alone.

I suspect this is just another act from her. "Now I'm a lonely and distraught ARRRrrrtistè!"

by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2017 5:51 PM

Anyone else notice how many times fans approached her and yelled out "Mommy!"?

by Anonymousreply 71September 28, 2017 3:04 AM

The only thing I know about the little monsters fans is that they're crazy and fanatical and will viciously attack anyone who dares to say anything against Lady Gaga. They were so horrible that Billboard decided to cut off their own comments section for the online site because the little monsters were too out of control. They've successfully run people off social media for real/imagined attacks against their idol. I remember poor Sam Smith was viciously attacked by the monsters because he dared to win the Oscar for best song over Gaga. That plus his thank you speech about being the first gay Oscar that sent LGBT Oscar historians & Dustin Lance Black into an aploplectic fit was enough to make him quit social media for a couple years.

I did wonder the same thing R71 but it looks like they call her the mother monster so I'm assuming some fans just shortened it to mommy.

by Anonymousreply 72September 28, 2017 4:35 AM

I alway wonder how stars really feel about these deranged millennials fans. They keep the money rolling, but how could an average sane person bear all the crazy attacks in their name? I'd hate that.

by Anonymousreply 73September 28, 2017 11:23 AM

R73, if I remember correctly Gaga was all for her troops to act like cunts when they were "protecting" her. I vaguely remember she did once tweet her fans and asked them to behave better but at that point the cat was most certainly out of the bag. Let's not forget this is the woman who asked her fans to buy multiple copies of her songs and albums so they'd chart better. That's the one thing I hate the most about Gaga, since most of his fans were teens who were most probably not swimming in money.

by Anonymousreply 74September 28, 2017 11:31 AM

First of all, this wasn't her documentary, it was the director's. Second, what's this "if she wants to be popular again" shit?! She a fucking huge deal with one endorsement deal and project after the next. She's at her peak. You people are elderly.

by Anonymousreply 75September 28, 2017 11:51 AM

R72, that never happened. lol

by Anonymousreply 76September 28, 2017 11:52 AM

Which part R76. I know that for a couple years Billboard had to shut down their comment section and it was attributed to the Little monsters. I forgot who they were feuding with ( Maybe Katy Perry or someone like that) but the comments were too much for Billboard to monitor and they just chucked the whole thing for a while.

I know the Sam Smith thing happened as I witnessed it happening. And just a few months ago they were at it again attacking Ed Sheeran for some perceived, made up slight.

Every fanatic fan group has their reputation, and Lady Gaga's fans are acknowledged to be the worst in the business. Beyonce has her beyhive that will go above and beyond the call of duty but at least a lot of them are funny. Gaga's bunch are just vicious.

Headlines below: Lady Gaga calls of her Twitter Army that attacked Ed Sheeran for basically no reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 28, 2017 4:34 PM

Like most stars, Gaga has tons of yes-people around her. Plus they actively lie to her to make her happy. After her Super Bowl performance, her manager(?) announces that her song A Million Reasons went to number one. Looking at wikipedia, the only chart A Million Reasons went to #1 in the Streaming Charts. It was nowhere near Number 1 in the charts that count.

by Anonymousreply 78September 28, 2017 4:42 PM

This documentary just proved to me how extraordinarily boring and mundane these stars' live are. They are glamorous at public events and the rest of the time, their lives are as yawn-inducing as mine is.

by Anonymousreply 79September 28, 2017 4:43 PM

Truth or Dare was a much more revolutionary documentary mainly because it showed America that gay men acting gay is okay.

There isn't much taboo subject matter left nowadays that would shock us. Truth or Dare released now wouldn't have the same effect.

by Anonymousreply 80September 28, 2017 4:44 PM

Gaga comes off very well but very needy. Like so many artist, she thrives on needing to be adored.

by Anonymousreply 81September 28, 2017 4:45 PM

I haven't seen it, but no one could be a more vapid POS than Madonna. Gaga can actually sing, and I'm no millennial.

Time will tell how long her career lasts. I'll be dead, but will she still be popular in her 70s like Cher and Barbra?

by Anonymousreply 82September 28, 2017 4:58 PM

Yes, she came across as weak, but Madonna came across as a cunt in Truth or Dare. I was struck by how often Gaga said, “Thank you for doing this” to the people around her. I doubt Madonna has ever said that in her entire life to anyone. Madonna has no gratitude or graciousness about anything as far as I can see - and people are just tools to get her what she wants. Gaga is overly dramatic and self-indulgent with her emotions but she does seem to realize there are other people around her. She seems more like an actual human being than the shark Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 83September 28, 2017 5:06 PM

I saw an article that Gaga had lots of her songs see significant increases on spotify after the documentary so this has been very good for her.

R78 I kind of disagree with this as streaming is now where the money is in the music business. The music moguls now love streaming because they're pulling in millions from it so streaming charts are starting to be more important than sales.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 28, 2017 5:07 PM

[quote]Well [R67] you're one of those I knew it all along people aren't you.

Yes, R69...yes I am. It doesn't take "superiority" to spot a desperate attention whore. Anyone with a functioning adult brain knew her gimmicks were just that: Gimmicks. People don't wear Kermit the Frog & meat dresses if they're not utterly desperate for attention. Clearly she wasn't "eccentric" like that in her younger (MTV Boiling Points) years, as evidenced by the picture I posted of her wearing fucking Abercrombie & Fitch. You're telling me she actually had you fooled?? How old are you, seriously?

by Anonymousreply 85September 28, 2017 9:21 PM

here is a liz smith link on the doc........................ also, if you are interested in uuuugggghhhhh

harrison ford he's after the Ga.

enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 28, 2017 10:10 PM

At base Ga Ga, besides her amazing career, is rather bland. The same could be said for her singing. Madonna is also a fire sign but was just more 'interesting" Even her singing had better tone and her songs were better. All this was shown in Truth or Dare which was much more entertaining. Ga Ga exemplifies the best and the worst of Aries; self focused and powerful but also selfish and limited. May her physical pain take her on a journey to find more depth. Too much surface not enough soul. Where was the heart? To much me me me.

Even when her friends dying of cancer -"I'M losing everybody"

Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 87October 1, 2017 3:43 AM

Madonna has a basic voice, but great songs. Did she write them? I don't know the answer to that. Gaga has a much more powerful and beautiful voice.

by Anonymousreply 88October 1, 2017 4:01 AM

I'm not talking power or beauty, but tone. Here's an example. Its distinct and haunting. Ga ga is more generic, though better trained and able to stand alone without studio tricks and embellishments. But Madonna had more "texture" and individuality. I'm not a huge fan of either though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 1, 2017 9:02 AM

[quote] But Madonna had more "texture" and individuality.

Oh please. Live to Tell is a great song but Madonna is a passable singer at best. I could see someone thinking Gaga gets a little overwrought, but she has real pipes, man.

by Anonymousreply 90October 1, 2017 12:23 PM

Not talking pipes or power,just tone. Ga Ga is strident .Madonna is NOT a singer,but she has a gift of tone which at its best could go deeper than Ga Ga. With all her power and pipes,Ga Ga cant do this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 1, 2017 1:05 PM

I pronounce it Gag-a

by Anonymousreply 92October 1, 2017 2:20 PM

Her truth or dare? She didn't even know joanne. 40 years ago. Looking for pain like Madonna crying at her mothers grave. She is a mess. She loves the attention. Always on. Ugh. Perfect illusion sounds like papa dont preach. She reminded me of amy Winehouse at one point. With mark ronson too. Drunk rambling about madonna, Monroe and nicole smith. Wtf? The cameras there with her grandma going through old stuff and tears and drama. All staged. I can't take her seriously since that person vomited on her. Nasty. She is talented but too needy, geeky, and desperate for me.

by Anonymousreply 93January 30, 2018 7:14 PM

It’s strange to me that people who hate Lady Gaga would sit and watch a full length documentary about her. And then post all their hatred online for strangers who are fans of her.

Why do people do this?

by Anonymousreply 94January 30, 2018 7:37 PM

R94 my boyfriend wanted to watch. I knew it was a topic here so i offered my point of view. Don't think so much. 😗

by Anonymousreply 95January 30, 2018 7:47 PM

Her pussy stinks. Bad.

by Anonymousreply 96January 31, 2018 12:41 AM

R93 speaks the truth. Stefoknee Germanotta is an attention-starved famewhore. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 97January 31, 2018 12:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!