Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Reborn" Dolls - new frau hobby

You find the strangest things while clicking Youtube. I happened upon a very interesting hobby that freaked me out - Reborn dolls. These are silicone, lifelike dolls that people treat like real infants. MORE INSIDE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 23, 2019 8:45 PM

Some of them look so much like a baby that it's scary. The top of the line dolls even poop - you "feed" them and later you get a full diaper. The videos are half sad/half scary - women who have multiple dolls with names. I saw some that have a nursery set up with crib, clothing, changing tables, the works. They treat the dolls like a real infants. They buy real formula and prepare bottles for the doll; they put them in strollers and take them out, just hoping that someone compliments them on their cute baby. There is a dark side too - the scammers have infiltrated this secret corner of the world and then you see the YT videos of woman getting delivery of their latest Reborn and crying when the doll is "wrong". Some even get upset at how the doll is packed into the box - that the doll looks "uncomfortable".

After I stopped shaking my head, I read through some of the comments - half of them are fans of these dolls, but half are like "get a life". And of course, this is a frau hobby but it runs from tweens, to 20's to senior. but I did see a vid from a male couple with their doll, so the male population can assuage their paternal instinct/biological clock.

by Anonymousreply 1September 10, 2017 3:19 PM

Ugh. What if paedophiles purchase these?

by Anonymousreply 2September 10, 2017 3:22 PM

I went to Youtube and watched a few of these. I had to give up after seeing one with a woman who filmed her "morning routine" with her doll, then showed her putting the doll into an infant car seat, driving to Disney World and then pushing the doll in a top of the line stroller around the park. I also noticed how she draped a little blanket over the stroller to protect the doll from the sun.

by Anonymousreply 3September 10, 2017 4:02 PM

Fanny could have used one of those.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 10, 2017 4:17 PM

Wow.

Makes the guys who spend 10 grand for a top of the line sex doll look like models of mental health.

by Anonymousreply 5September 10, 2017 4:40 PM

R5, errrmmmm, no. They're all in the the same category.

But as long as they're not harming anyone, I really don't care.

by Anonymousreply 6September 10, 2017 4:44 PM

r1 - Remember years ago that baby doll (Mattel?) came out that you fed? It would then "shit". It was recalled/discontinued because the "food" would build up inside the doll creating bacteria. The doll would then explode or something.

by Anonymousreply 7September 10, 2017 4:48 PM

One wacko gives a PO box number on her YT page and I see that there are retards on there who are sending her outfits and gifts for her dolls upcoming birthday. Oh, the humanity.

by Anonymousreply 8September 10, 2017 4:50 PM

Imagine, all the time these women use tending to their dolls could be used for fucking so they could end up with REAL baby.

by Anonymousreply 9September 10, 2017 4:54 PM

All the joys of a baby without the crying at 3AM, fevers, colic, diaper rash, doctors visits. I watched that video and see the woman lovingly washing that plastic doll with real baby products and a special chair, holding its head like you're supposed to do with a newborn. The three rubber duckies on the sink ledge just pushed it into WTF Land.

by Anonymousreply 10September 10, 2017 4:57 PM

Eh, what's the harm? If you love babies but can't cope with the peeing, shitting and barfing on you, the screaming, and the tendency to grow up into teenagers that hate you, well, it's your money.

What I can't fathom is putting this weirdness on youtube! Sure, it's a harmless hobby, but not one that looks good on your resume.

by Anonymousreply 11September 10, 2017 5:08 PM

OP's clip freeks me out. It's like handling a dead baby.

by Anonymousreply 12September 10, 2017 5:29 PM

This is weird. Only the idiots too attached to their children to let go, or the whacko virginal ones who never had any would want this mess. I do notice there is no shit involved. The typical newborn stream of shit would cure these bitches fast.

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2017 5:32 PM

So now they're making Realdoll's for pedos.... great idea

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2017 5:35 PM

What kind of pleasure do people get out of that? Do they get a positive feedback from the doll like a smile or laugh? I just don't get it. It's like people enjoying (man)handling life size human replicas for their own amusement and affirmation of power over others. To me this is scary stuff.

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2017 5:37 PM

Maybe they have cat allergies

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2017 5:39 PM

This an old frau hobby. I considered buying one for my 68 year old mother since she's always crying about not having anymore kids.

by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2017 5:42 PM

I'd smack you over the head with that shit if you brought it home to me, R17. It's one thing to lament not being able to have kids again (and you must be a great son/daughter if she wanted more) and another thing to do it. The poster who said this must be for pedophiles is probably right. No mother in their 60's wants that shit again unless it's a grandbaby you can hand off at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2017 5:46 PM

I wish my mother had been able to buy 12 of these instead of having real kids. She loved us until we were old enough to talk back, and then made our lives a living hell until we were old enough to leave home.

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2017 5:47 PM

These would be great for alzheimer/dementia patients, especially female ones who were mothers. They are very realistic looking (and feeling apparently). And a caretaker for a mobile person afflicted with it needs all the help they can get.

by Anonymousreply 20September 10, 2017 5:49 PM

That's what my mother said @R18

by Anonymousreply 21September 10, 2017 5:50 PM

That's a good use. A try out for potential motherhood or to someone dealing with Alzheimers. Sorry your mom had too many, R19. I often hear this from kids in large families. It really starts to border on neglect if you have too many.

by Anonymousreply 22September 10, 2017 5:50 PM

[quote]Imagine, all the time these women use tending to their dolls could be used for fucking so they could end up with REAL baby.

Bite your tongue. They should not be reproducing!

by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2017 5:52 PM

I think we need to add pedo-accusers to the things that are ruining DL. They're almost as bad as the poo shoes accuser.

by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2017 5:54 PM

How are these made?

by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2017 5:55 PM

Ha! I wish, R22. Maybe if she'd had 12 of us real kids, her rage would have been diluted between us. No, she was obsessed with babies. She only had three of us, at two year intervals, and because of severe complications with the second and third births, she couldn't have any more. She could cope with babies who needed cuddling, feeding and changing. She hated kids who would talk back to her to express opinions or preferences different to her own, or who would mess up her perfect home. I'm fine now, but it's taken decades for me to recover. These dolls would have been perfect for her, and would have saved my siblings and me a lot of misery.

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2017 5:58 PM

They are silicone. I could finally carry an assbaby to full term and "deliver"

I wonder if there are any hot midhusbands with a hot tub for rent.

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2017 6:11 PM

R27 LOL.

by Anonymousreply 28September 10, 2017 6:18 PM

R27 Fucking you must be like throwing a hot dog down a hall way.

by Anonymousreply 29September 10, 2017 6:19 PM

Not without my reborn daughter!

by Anonymousreply 30September 10, 2017 6:21 PM

So if they're trying to pass these "babies" off as the real deal, wouldn't you think that eventually someone is going to notice that the baby doesn't grow? If they're wandering around in their local supermarket one of the clerks will surely notice that the frau has a perpetual newborn.

by Anonymousreply 31September 10, 2017 6:23 PM

"Of course I believe in natural child birth. I gave birth to Trois Cee in a softly lit natural setting with Yanni music playing in the background and no drugs - except for a few snorts of carb cleaner."

by Anonymousreply 32September 10, 2017 6:27 PM

Back in the day, the frauen used to walk their Cabbage Patch dolls in strollers. This is the more technically advanced version.

by Anonymousreply 33September 10, 2017 6:37 PM

R33 What was the appeal of those ugly dolls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 10, 2017 6:41 PM

No word of a lie - that image loaded up and I actually shouted "JESUS FUCK!" KILL IT WITH FIRE!

by Anonymousreply 35September 10, 2017 6:43 PM

The doll in OP's video looks like a corpse. It's beyond creepy.

by Anonymousreply 36September 10, 2017 6:48 PM

My beloved grandmother started asking for her baby the last few days of her life,so my aunt went out and bought a lifelike doll from somewhere. I thought it was so creepy at first,but when I saw how my grandma held it and was comforted by it, I was so glad my aunt thought to do it. If it brings these women some kind of peace,then leave them be. Gotta run,crying as I type for real !

by Anonymousreply 37September 10, 2017 6:49 PM

Were is Oopsie Daisy Baby when you need him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 10, 2017 6:50 PM

where*

by Anonymousreply 39September 10, 2017 6:50 PM

op, reborns are at least 20 years old at this point. They are hardly new and are actually fading away. Please try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 40September 10, 2017 6:51 PM

this is creepy shit. I sent it to my mother and she was "WTF?"

by Anonymousreply 41September 10, 2017 7:23 PM

The Halloween possibilities are endless.

by Anonymousreply 42September 10, 2017 7:28 PM

They're def creepy but may be a comfort to the bereaved or elder women as mentioned upthread.

Could give them to teens in Sex Ed. classes too, instead of bags of flour or raw eggs still in their shells.

by Anonymousreply 43September 10, 2017 7:44 PM

Maybe these are good for people who can't have pets but need something to take care of/keep them company. I heard one Youtuber talking about her latest doll and said it's size and shape made it really good for cuddling. You gotta have a lot of free time if you can sit around cuddling a silicone doll. Go volunteer somewhere and help a real person.

by Anonymousreply 44September 10, 2017 8:43 PM

Lash those "babies" into a raft and put those pathetic losers out to sea

by Anonymousreply 45September 10, 2017 8:44 PM

Are these women 'tards?

by Anonymousreply 46September 10, 2017 8:47 PM

I used to be obsessed watching those Dateline "To Catch A Predator" videos on Youtube - I think I just found a new obsession. It is sick and fascinating at the same time. I thought nothing was more satisfying than watching Chris Hansen bust those creeps, but these people are just as good.

by Anonymousreply 47September 10, 2017 8:58 PM

I was all set to point and laugh at this chick but after hearing her story, I have a bit of sympathy for her (not so much the other doll people). She grew up loving dolls, and says she's a nurturer. After she got married, she got hit with a bunch of health problems and, due to chemo, has been told not to get pregnant. If playing with these dolls gives her comfort, so be it. If she wasn't ill, though, I could see her being one of those nuts who kills a pregnant woman for her infant.

She loses a little empathy for taking the doll for a walk in a stroller, and buying the doll a bunch of clothes, blankets and shit. The doll could live in one outfit - she could have sent some of that money to a charity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 11, 2017 10:16 PM

No mess is a nice feature, but it all seems so unsatisfying.

In various ways.

by Anonymousreply 49September 11, 2017 10:27 PM

Are they edible? They said my sister was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 11, 2017 10:35 PM

Hannah's exaggerated baby gape suggests the need to cal Faux-Child Services for an investigation.

Because anyone with one of these should be considered an automatic suspect.

by Anonymousreply 51September 11, 2017 10:37 PM

Baby CumDum will never tell!

by Anonymousreply 52September 11, 2017 10:41 PM

Disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 53September 12, 2017 1:50 AM

Did they mold a dead baby to make these?

by Anonymousreply 54September 12, 2017 2:13 AM

Where's the poop doll?

by Anonymousreply 55September 12, 2017 2:13 AM

There was a pooping doll in the 80's, I knew a chick who had it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 12, 2017 2:20 AM

I'd love to cut up one of these dolls and put the pieces in a cake or pie for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 57September 12, 2017 2:45 AM

This is beyond creepy. As someone posted upthread, if you have that much time on your hands spend some of that time at a soup kitchen, actually helping people.

This hobby is not normal. Do these fraus work? Are they married woman who never had kids? This is beyond simply collecting dolls like Barbie, collecting SciFi figurines or whatever, this is extremely weird.

Seems these women have too much time and money on their hands. The fact that they are posting videos also shows they crave attention.

by Anonymousreply 58September 12, 2017 2:58 AM

Yeah, it's not like they're quietly enjoying these things on the down low. They're performing for each other on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 59September 12, 2017 5:23 AM

I have three it's very addicting

by Anonymousreply 60September 12, 2017 6:57 AM

Could you imagine someone snatching the baby out of the stroller and throwing it in front of a truck.

I could.

by Anonymousreply 61September 12, 2017 7:09 AM

I would buy one just so I could walk around with it slung over my shoulder like a shopping bag...freak passerbys out....or I could bury a coin purse in its ass and use the baby as a wallet/clutch purse...spreading its ass when I go to pay for my purchases.

by Anonymousreply 62September 12, 2017 7:20 AM

It'd be funny to sneak in someone's house while they're away and hang it from the ceiling fan.

by Anonymousreply 63September 12, 2017 7:27 AM

Wanna go out and play "catch" with one in public R62?

If you live in California, let's get together!

by Anonymousreply 64September 12, 2017 7:27 AM

They really do look dead. Stillborn.

by Anonymousreply 65September 12, 2017 7:44 AM

How do you fit 100 dead babies into a blender?

With a blender! HAHAHAHAAA!!!

by Anonymousreply 66September 12, 2017 7:57 AM

We love them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 12, 2017 10:54 AM

We are all a bunch of sick fucks.

by Anonymousreply 68September 12, 2017 2:03 PM

Creepy and retarded. Whatever happened to Fraus having Sensy parties or baking cookies!?

by Anonymousreply 69September 12, 2017 2:11 PM

If it was maybe 6 months old it wouldn't look so bad.

But it looks like the outcome to a 6 month termination.

by Anonymousreply 70September 12, 2017 2:20 PM

I'd like to buy one and put it in the middle of a street, then watch the reaction of people passing by.

by Anonymousreply 71September 12, 2017 3:08 PM

One really warped Reborn fan bought a silicone doll that is configured to be conjoined twins. She didn't get one that has two bodies and multiple limbs, she got one that is conjoined at the face... it has two faces on one head. First, the person who thought that shit up needs some therapy, but I think the person who bought it has some serious issues too. I think she even says "two babies for the price of one".

This same doll owner has a bunch of videos and she has a couple showing her cleaning a poop diaper. The dolls don't actually poop - she uses Nutella or pureed peas and puts it in a diaper to simulate the mess an infant would make.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 12, 2017 3:19 PM

Too creepy for words they should meet the guys who have life size dolls as partners.

by Anonymousreply 73September 12, 2017 3:21 PM

Whatever happened to just being fucked up, now people strive to be seriously fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 74September 12, 2017 3:25 PM

Wonder about the rescued sex doll? Think the husband fucks it or do they have 3 ways?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 12, 2017 3:27 PM

I'm available, and I really poo... if I'm fed.

by Anonymousreply 76September 12, 2017 3:30 PM

R60, I need more information about you: Are you a Frau? How did you get to 3? I won't allow myself more than 3 cats, because 5 is crazytown...

by Anonymousreply 77September 12, 2017 3:31 PM

r72 Oh my lord. When she unboxed it and slowly revealed its faces I lost my shit. These Crazy Log Ladies have to be trolling.

by Anonymousreply 78September 12, 2017 5:54 PM

R77, reborn dolls have been around for a long time, just recently in the last couple of years has it become very popular. Collecting dolls isn't weird, the artists that create these dolls are very talented and their dolls should be considered works of art. Yes there are the cheap dolls that most people can afford that don't have as much realism and detail. It is a hobby just like any other, some people work on antique cars, play golf, play an instrument, etc. the people you see on youtube that have lots of dolls and are making videos for views. No one that collects them believes they are real babies.

by Anonymousreply 79September 12, 2017 8:44 PM

Then why do they wash them, feed them, and change them? Don't try to liken this to the collectible doll hobby.

by Anonymousreply 80September 12, 2017 10:58 PM

This reminds me of that awful Desperate Housewives storyline where Gabi lost her daughter to immigration or something and compensated by taking care of a doll.

by Anonymousreply 81September 12, 2017 11:13 PM

I couldn't even finish the video, so gross

by Anonymousreply 82September 12, 2017 11:19 PM

I wonder if these dolls are replacements for terminated pregnancies these nuts have had?

by Anonymousreply 83September 12, 2017 11:43 PM

I agree that they look like corpses. The whole thing reminds me of the momento mori portraits the Victorians had done when a loved one died. A disproportionate number of the portrait subjects were babies and young children because of infant mortality. These things have the same lifeless stare as the kids in the portrait.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2017 12:01 AM

Are the boy and girl dolls anatomically correct?

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2017 12:17 AM

I heard Bryan Singer was into these. Is that him in OP's photo?

by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2017 12:27 AM

Do they come in cut and uncut?

by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2017 12:37 AM

r52 is one of the funniest posts I've seen on here in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2017 12:39 AM

The batshit Larry shippers thought Louis Tomlinson's son was one of these reborn dolls and TMZ even wrote about it.

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2017 1:33 AM

R20, My mother had dementia so I bought her a few of these dolls and she absolutely loved them. Every friggin' night I would have to pick out a new outfit for the doll and dress her so my mother could take the doll to her elder daycare the next day. I would also take one along to a doctor's appointment so she could hold the doll and not be nervous but when the nurses saw the doll they'd grab the doll and start cooing and playing with her. They're cute what can I say?

by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2017 1:35 AM

Cute if you like dead babies.

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2017 1:36 AM

As they say r90 once an adult, twice a child.

by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2017 1:41 AM

You know R90, when you see these dolls, depending on the quality of the artist, they really do look lifelike. I think that's why they attracted so much attention from the nurses and others.

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2017 1:44 AM

They look like ugly dead babies. What kind of woman does this?

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2017 1:46 AM

The same kind of woman who infantilizes lots of cats, R94.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2017 1:47 AM

r34, Cabbage Patch dolls smelled good and had cute clothes. Also they were a good size and soft.

Thinking back about, that is why as a little girl I liked them.

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2017 1:50 AM

I don't get the appeal for Alzheimer's patients. Is it because they forget it's not real or something?

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2017 2:39 AM

I've totally gone down the YouTube rabbit hole with the reborn dolls videos. They're all fucking nuts.

There are a few documentaries on YouTube as well, and I remember there was one woman who gleefully accounted how the fire department broke into her car because someone saw a baby left in her car on a hot day and it wasn't moving. She was so proud that they thought it was real. Yeah, I'm sure the firefighters who thought there was a real dead baby in the car were super impressed with the craftsmanship. Not to mention the insurance company who had to replace her broken window.

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2017 2:45 AM

Someone could have burnt to death or died of a heart attack while that fire department took the time to rescue a doll. It should be against the law to place live looking dolls in ways that might call someone to call the cops or fire department.

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2017 2:48 AM

R99, Maybe the overly dramatic idiot who called 911 should have used some common sense.

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2017 2:54 AM

In the Uk, natal units give these ghastly reborns to fraus who have had still borns or late miscarriages.

You'd think that would be the last thing they'd want, but no.

by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2017 2:59 AM

R100 the baby was dressed up, sitting in a car seat and buckled in. It's not like it was dumped on the floor or looked like a Cabbage Patch kid- the intention was for it to look as real as possible. Unfortunately, it was.

I think the fire department told her to keep it covered up if she's going to leave it in her car so it doesn't alarm anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2017 3:05 AM

Thanks, R102. I didn't realize the situation but it would make sense as these women try to make each situation (car = car seat) as realistic as possible.

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2017 3:10 AM

R80 why not? this is a collectible doll hobby!! Not everyone who collects the dolls bathes them, treats them that way. Some display them as well. You seem to have your mind already made up about it, so it's pointless to explain it further.

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2017 8:56 AM

I think some frau wandered in here by googling Reborn Dolls.

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2017 9:58 AM

I'd love one of these lovely creations, but I'm out of storage space. Can I keep it in my oven?

by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2017 2:49 PM

R79, I was not trying to be rude or making fun....I honestly want to understand the appeal of these dolls, and since R60 says they have several, I need to know if this is a man...These are NOT Madame Alexanders or even American Girl or Barbies. Hell, they aren't even the Cabbage Patch dolls hand made by Xavier Roberts (my best friend growing up has 4 of these, and I stood in line with her to get one signed by him). Those collecting obsessions, while not mine, are fathomable. The sex dolls I can almost understand, but the baby dolls, I need help with understanding.

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2017 3:35 PM

If they want something to cuddle, why don't they get a pet?

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2017 4:30 PM

r08, because pets have emotions.

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2017 4:34 PM

I caught a couple where the owners change the dolls diapers, and they all pre-warn and apologize to viewers that the dolls are anatomically correct so you're going to see realistic private parts. I find this disturbing and immature - the internet is full of dead bodies, porn, murders, violence and Trump foolishness but these people feel shameful if you see a fake baby with no diaper.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2017 8:57 PM

R77, so you have no problem with a sex doll but a realistic baby doll is weird?

Xavier Roberts did not hand make those cabbage patch dolls, they were made in a factory with a stamp of his signature on their ass. If you knew about reborn doll collecting you would know there are artists that make these dolls that are very popular and well known. There are sculpts of dolls always evolving, some people want the newest doll by their favorite artist. The silicone dolls you see being bathed are worth thousands of dollars. i don't really care for them because they are not as evolved as the vinyl dolls with suede bodies. The silicone also peels and looks like a bad case of eczema. People collect them for a variety of reasons, alzheimers, infertility, loss of a child, empty nest syndrome, no grandchildren, therapy, depression and some just like them and enjoy collecting. I am a "frau" i guess, though i don't have fibromylupus. I prefer the term hag better, i haven't cradled a mug in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2017 9:12 PM

r111 How did you start collecting them?

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2017 9:24 PM

The next modification to those dolls will probably be a mouth that will be able to latch onto a nipple to allow the hardcore Dollers (tm) to simulate breastfeeding. Of course, they will not be marketed as such, but the wording on the description will let buyers know what to expect. ::wink wink::

by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2017 9:35 PM

This must be where "dollface" comes from.

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2017 9:38 PM

I live in Miami. No power or anything. My leasing office is coming tomorrow to do mandatory refrigerator inspections to make sure that we threw out everything. Can someone overnight me one of these for my fridge to greet them?

by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2017 9:38 PM

I bet if you made a video face fucking one of these and uploaded it to xtube you would get put on a list.

by Anonymousreply 116September 14, 2017 12:43 AM

The crazy Larrie, Amy who runs the blog lesbianslovelouis, bought two of these reborns for £200 each and runs Instagrams for them, pretending that they're the kids of Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles.

by Anonymousreply 117September 14, 2017 12:45 AM

Crazy gross.

by Anonymousreply 118September 14, 2017 8:37 AM

Do they make life support systems for these abominations?

by Anonymousreply 119September 14, 2017 10:07 PM

R115, I think that's a great idea! But shouldn't it only be the head?

by Anonymousreply 120September 14, 2017 10:27 PM

R111, no, he did make them in the 80s. Not the 20 dollar ones from Walmart;

by Anonymousreply 121September 14, 2017 10:32 PM

I wonder how long till one of these women wears one of those fake "pregnancy belly" things and has a fake labour/birth?

by Anonymousreply 122September 14, 2017 10:35 PM

I can't imagine anyone doing such a thing, R122

by Anonymousreply 123September 14, 2017 11:18 PM

Just like a real baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 14, 2017 11:23 PM

That makes me think of this, R124.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 14, 2017 11:25 PM

Holy cow! These reborn dolls mightn't be new - but it's the first time I've heard of or seen them!

Creepy as all fuck - but do any of you remember seeing an old seventies or late sixties era movie called ZPG?

Sorta low budget scifi flick - Diane Cilento was one of the leads - set in the early 2000s (who'd have thought?) - when in an overpopulated world, couples were only allowed to have one kid.

If you couldn't have kids - or your kid died - then tough. No second chance for you - BUT you could have a realistic baby doll thing - that was jus like one of these Reborns! Ono not as realistic looking. In the movie, Cilento has one of these - but bitch wants the real thing - and is jealous of another couple who have an actual baby (and think they didn't get permission from the state to have it - so there's some blackmail or something driving the plot).

If her baby had only looked as realistic as these - she might have been satisfied...

by Anonymousreply 126September 15, 2017 12:17 AM

I caught an episode of the court show Hot Bench today and there was a case of a reborn doll buyer trying to scam the seller out of money by telling Paypal that she sent the doll back and she really kept it. Such intrigue! These doll people are cutthroat - this buyer apparently has a reputation in the community for buying then reselling dolls for inflated prices.

by Anonymousreply 127September 18, 2017 3:52 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 18, 2017 3:58 PM

This can't be psychologically healthy. It's disingenuous to compare it to just another hobby.

by Anonymousreply 129September 18, 2017 4:10 PM

I just watched a couple of unboxings of dolls on Youtube and noticed something; when the person unwraps the doll, they do it a section at a time, starting with the feet. They check out the feet, then the body and always leave the face covered until last and make a big production out of pulling the wrapping off. That "leave the best till last" thing makes the doll owner seem so immature, like a kid opening Xmas presents.

by Anonymousreply 130September 28, 2017 5:02 PM

r113, just the thought of that makes me ill.

by Anonymousreply 131September 28, 2017 5:10 PM

R95, not at all the same, dumbass. There are shelters filled with LIVING animals who deserve love. Do not equate these gentle souls with sick plastic frau toy crotchfruit.

by Anonymousreply 132September 28, 2017 5:10 PM

I've seen a bunch of these. They're obsessed with making them have "poopsplosions" they often edit in baby cooing and crying sounds too.

by Anonymousreply 133September 28, 2017 5:24 PM

As with the freakers who have RealDolls, I'm glad the fake baby people have an outlet for their needs. These people have some sort of mental illness, and it's a blessing that they're not acting out on helpless, living, sentient beings. No one's being harmed. We have a strange woman in our building who has a little dog that she squeezes and carries awkwardly. She screeches in its ear loudly and scolds it constantly. Poor creature.

As for giving them to elderly dementia patients, I think it's sad and sweet. I'm a mother, and while I'm glad I don't have babies anymore, the innate urge some of us have to "mother" things is very strong. I'm always happy to hold a baby again (and just as happy to hand it back). I don't think that urge goes away completely if you've always had it.

by Anonymousreply 134September 28, 2017 6:33 PM

[quote]Ugh. What if paedophiles purchase these?

What is a mother but an unsatisfied pedophile?

by Anonymousreply 135September 28, 2017 6:41 PM

They are horrible! I don't want one any where near me! Creepy and gross! Ick, ick ick!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 28, 2017 7:08 PM

Oh good lord.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 28, 2017 7:09 PM

Look, someone made a Zika baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 28, 2017 7:14 PM

Full body solid silicone baby girl Sophie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 28, 2017 7:20 PM

r136, r137, r138, those have some freakishly strange features. Don't they want to make them CUTE?

And r139's baby is too real-looking. That thing is more alarming than anything else I've seen here. I'm glad I'm not going to be here to see where this leads. A few more decades and I am OUTTA HERE.

by Anonymousreply 140September 28, 2017 7:25 PM

Is R137 from the Charles Dickens Starving Orphan collection? I agree that R139 is way too real looking - creepy.

by Anonymousreply 141September 28, 2017 7:46 PM

A male journalist went undercover and got one of these things so he could enter the world of reborn enthusiasts and write an article about them. He said they have optional heartbeats now (article was several years ago actually and then it was a cutting edge peek but these days it's probably standard). I also recall something about a couple who were on food stamps but the woman had at least one of these multi-thousand dollar dolls and she'd go to the local 7-11 every week and buy baby food for it with the food stamps. Her idiot husband just went along with it.

I think it's fine to use for dementia patients but all other collectors freak me the fuck out. On the other hand I agree that this is better than if these people were having real babies---cheaper for society too. It brings up the ethical question of whether it should be legal for pedophiles to buy lifelike child dolls to use as sex toys. You don't want to encourage or condone the behavior but if they can contain it with dolls rather than targeting real children that's by far the better option, right?

by Anonymousreply 142September 28, 2017 9:40 PM

The fact that people buy these dolls is fine, but I hate to see the waste of resources. I can hand-wave the purchase of clothing, because maybe they donate it to Goodwill after a while so it gets some actual use. It's the ones I see with cans of Enfamil, etc. buying real baby milk and food and wasting it playing with a doll. They can Just pretend to feed the doll; all I see is food that could have been sent to a orphanage or donated to a children's charity. I feel the same way about these cooking shows where a whole bunch of food is cooked and then the judge takes a spoonful out to taste. There are homeless people who would appreciate those eggs, bread, meat, etc. that probably end up in a garbage can. /rant over/

by Anonymousreply 143September 28, 2017 10:03 PM

A few of them will get their car windows knocked out when they leave them in the back seat on a hot day.

by Anonymousreply 144September 29, 2017 12:42 AM

Why do I want to slap this guy and his frau friend oohing and aahing in the background like some demented grandma? They both need a reality check... a vicious face slapping and to volunteer at an orphanage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 16, 2017 6:40 PM

LOL, this frau is PISSED! Which one of you bitches scammed her into buying this little demon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 17, 2017 1:20 AM

^Ewww, that looks like a demon baby. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 147November 17, 2017 5:41 PM

Two years after I posted this, I see that the fraus have taken these dolls to another level of WTF! Someone had the bright idea to offer dolls that are "still in the womb". They take a giant sized beige balloon and use this vacuum gadget that looks like a huge gumball machine, which stretches the balloon wide enough to put the reborn doll inside. When they release the vacuum, the balloon seals around the doll like a placenta.

The doll gets shipped to the wacko who needs this nightmare fantasy of cutting away this placenta cover and snipping the (fake) umbilical cord. The woman in the Youtube video needs serious therapy too, but I think she will happily take the money from the nutjobs who keep her in business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 23, 2019 5:27 PM

I don't understand this AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 149May 23, 2019 5:51 PM

I am so glad this thread was revived. The post about playing catch with one in public had me in tears when I first saw it.

by Anonymousreply 150May 23, 2019 6:08 PM

It looks like a Thanksgiving turkey. Creepy!

by Anonymousreply 151May 23, 2019 7:02 PM

R113 dollers are already a thing, but not involving baby dolls. It’s equally creepy.

This is extremely weird and creepy though.

by Anonymousreply 152May 23, 2019 8:38 PM

And I thought this was bad...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 23, 2019 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!