Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kelly Clarkson is Back with Soul!

Kelly has wanted to make a "soulful urban pop" album but couldn't Under her RCA contract. Now she's got a new label and a new album called "The Meaning of Life."

The first two songs are out now: "Love So Soft" and "Move You"

What do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 20, 2018 7:58 AM

Here's the direct link to Love So Soft

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2017 8:20 PM

Here's the direct link to Move You

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2017 8:21 PM

The first one is okay, the second one is just boring. But I love Kelly and she looks great in that blue outfit.

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2017 8:25 PM

She looks like Our Lady of the Flowers at OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2017 8:26 PM

Love her voice, Kelly!!

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2017 8:27 PM

Her music is not my cup of tea but she really does have a fantastic voice and there is something about her that I really like she just comes across as a decent person and it doesn't seem like a put on like with Gaga and Beyoncé with their fakey fake persons.

by Anonymousreply 6September 7, 2017 8:27 PM

R6 true! I always thought she pinged too.

by Anonymousreply 7September 7, 2017 8:28 PM

personas^

by Anonymousreply 8September 7, 2017 8:28 PM

Wow, she got fat!

by Anonymousreply 9September 7, 2017 8:33 PM

R9 she never lost the baby weight, poor girl

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2017 8:38 PM

Looks more like she's back with soul food - and plenty of it.

by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2017 8:40 PM

[quote] But I love Kelly and she looks great in that blue outfit.

She looks huge, sis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2017 8:43 PM

Love so soft is great and she looks great. Her body is her business. She is a singer. Not a sex symbol.

by Anonymousreply 13September 7, 2017 8:50 PM

The Chunky Beauty is back, and with a vengeance!

by Anonymousreply 14September 7, 2017 8:51 PM

The songs are not bad, but they're not really a complete departure from her existing repertoire. They are very much in her lane and safe for pop radio. Don't call it Urban Soul though.

by Anonymousreply 15September 7, 2017 8:52 PM

She seems to be turning into Beth Ditto.

by Anonymousreply 16September 7, 2017 9:23 PM

I wonder if the new label will promote this record. Her most recent record was good but not a lot of people knew it was out.

Maybe people who see her on The Voice will buy it.

I like the new songs.

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2017 9:25 PM

Why is fast food flying around behind her in OP pic?

by Anonymousreply 18September 7, 2017 10:05 PM

Although waaaaay too many singers have done it before her, I always hope she'll cover some of the Great American Songbook. She's got the voice for it. And about the only thing I remember her singing on her American Idol season was "Stuff Like That There." More of that, please!

by Anonymousreply 19September 7, 2017 10:12 PM

R19, it's funny that you reference her Idol performances--in this interview from last year, she says that her performing these new songs is "what people voted for"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2017 10:17 PM

I was afraid that she'd crossed over to Country music permanently after hooking up with Reba's people. Sooo glad that she hasn't done that (yet).

No reason why she shouldn't do Country music since that audience loves her, too.

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2017 10:19 PM

Didn't like "Love So Soft"

"Move You" not bad

by Anonymousreply 22September 7, 2017 10:23 PM

Good god, those arrangements are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 23September 7, 2017 10:26 PM

Is she still a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 24September 7, 2017 10:32 PM

She trying to be fatter than janet

by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2017 10:44 PM

Frau music

by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2017 10:49 PM

That soft song is annoying as fuck. And she got plump. Those outfits were horrid.

by Anonymousreply 27September 7, 2017 11:07 PM

The production, particularly Love So Soft, sounds "very 2017" to me which apparently current music buyers like. I'd guess that both songs will sound much better when performed live with a band.

by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2017 11:16 PM

meh, I like her but this is just generic pop music

by Anonymousreply 29September 7, 2017 11:26 PM

She's very fugly looking isn't she? Can't stand her mostly because of her bitching about how no one wants to work with her, UGH. And seriously? She's very fug, she's one of those people who should never gain weight as it makes her look a bit slow cognitively in the membrane.

by Anonymousreply 30September 7, 2017 11:42 PM

Hated it. UGH at 1 minute 45 sceonds...."move you"....that note.....when she tries to sing those notes and get up high.....her voice sounds painfully dry, sore and cracked. Whitney (used to) be able to hit those and it comes from a place of FEELING "it". Kelly sounds horrible.

by Anonymousreply 31September 7, 2017 11:58 PM

She looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 32September 8, 2017 12:07 AM

Yawn... Music for supermarkets.

by Anonymousreply 33September 8, 2017 12:09 AM

I think she is the kind of singer who doesn't need to be boxed into a specific genre. She could do "soul" or country or any variation of pop music and still sell units. She won't ever be a Top 40 juggernaut again but she is just so damned likeable and vocally talented that it doesn't matter. She's a star with no star attitude.

by Anonymousreply 34September 8, 2017 12:36 AM

It would have to be a biiiiiiig box, r34.

by Anonymousreply 35September 8, 2017 12:42 AM

I love her ginormous over weight voice

by Anonymousreply 36September 8, 2017 12:45 AM

Who cares if she's fat?

by Anonymousreply 37September 8, 2017 12:47 AM

God, you gay men are beyond disgusting with your critiquing of her body weight as your only comment. As a recent article about Mariah stated, no one ever criticized Pavarotti for being overweight, they focused on his voice. They're singers, not bikini models. Grow up and get over yourselves. You're trash.

by Anonymousreply 38September 8, 2017 12:51 AM

First song is so-so. The 2nd one is a fucking snooze. No idea why they need to put her voice through auto-tune. She's one of the few singers out there today who actually CAN sing.

She hasn't had anything good since that should-have-been-a-hit People Like Us off her Greatest Hits. She's kind of over, but she had a good run.

by Anonymousreply 39September 8, 2017 12:56 AM

R38 = LSA

by Anonymousreply 40September 8, 2017 1:03 AM

She is not Adele.

by Anonymousreply 41September 8, 2017 1:12 AM

Adele is fine but I think Kelly has 10x the natural talent. I'd much rather listen to Kelly than Adele.

by Anonymousreply 42September 8, 2017 1:21 AM

Yes, but unlike Mariah Pavarotti didn't wear suits in a teenager's style and size.

by Anonymousreply 43September 8, 2017 1:35 AM

She dresses appropriate for her size. Mariah just looks pathetic trying to dress like a 20 year old sexpot plus she cant sing anymore.

by Anonymousreply 44September 8, 2017 1:40 AM

Love her voice and first song

by Anonymousreply 45September 8, 2017 1:40 AM

Derivative, just like everything she's done.

by Anonymousreply 46September 8, 2017 2:09 AM

Cultural Misappropriation

by Anonymousreply 47September 8, 2017 2:12 AM

If you're going to deliver something so bland and MOR, don't go around crowing about wanting to do something so different now that you've regained your "creative control."

by Anonymousreply 48September 8, 2017 2:17 AM

She's the American Adele

by Anonymousreply 49September 8, 2017 2:17 AM

"Love So Soft" sounds like a Meghan Trainor song, and that ain't good. Move You starts out good, but it goes nowhere. Her voice also sounds raspy and dry.

by Anonymousreply 50September 8, 2017 4:45 AM

Meghan Trainer should feel very threatened. This industry, along with many elevators, ain't big enough to fit the both of them.

by Anonymousreply 51September 8, 2017 5:36 AM

Meghan Trainor is ugly and can't sing #puke

by Anonymousreply 52September 8, 2017 4:57 PM

I'm curious, derivative of what, R46?

by Anonymousreply 53September 8, 2017 5:12 PM

[quote] If you're going to deliver something so bland and MOR, don't go around crowing about wanting to do something so different now that you've regained your "creative control."

This 100%. But I like Kelly, so I hope it's a success for her, even though I won't bother listening to it again.

by Anonymousreply 54September 8, 2017 5:49 PM

Off-topic listen to Lara Fabian's new song Growing Wings. Gorgeous song and video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 8, 2017 5:55 PM

Is Kelly still a muff diver?

by Anonymousreply 56September 8, 2017 7:23 PM

She got fat is she trying out to replace the Goodyear Blimp?

by Anonymousreply 57September 8, 2017 8:02 PM

[quote] She got fat is she trying out to replace the Goodyear Blimp?

Hey, she had a baby!

Of course, that baby is in middle school at this point...

by Anonymousreply 58September 8, 2017 8:05 PM

I think I know the answer but would you chose Kelly over Demi Lovato? I'd probably say Kelly. What say y'all?

by Anonymousreply 59September 10, 2017 2:49 AM

Kelly is a much better singer. Demi screams on key and people mistake it for singing.

by Anonymousreply 60September 10, 2017 2:53 AM

I wonder if the recording industry is ever going to be all right with Black people making R&B or Soul music ever again or do we have to let White people continue to take it over until the end of time?

by Anonymousreply 61September 10, 2017 2:54 AM

R61, I have no problem with white singers doing R&B or Soul if they feel it and have the vocal chops. I think LeAnn Rimes, Wynonna Judd and Joss Stone have proven that. But I would enjoy the next Luther or Gladys or Aretha to be African American. There was a Japanese band called Orquestra de la Luz that played Salsa and played extremely well and with great feeling. Lead singer was a woman named Nora. So anyone can perform in any genre if they really love it.

by Anonymousreply 62September 10, 2017 3:26 AM

I love the first song It looks like she's having fun. She has an amazing voice and truly can sing in any genre she wants. For instance, her version of "Quiet Uptown" is amazing. And even though I loath country music, I'd always hoped she'd do a country album just to piss off Carrie Underbot.

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2017 3:45 AM

Sounds like material that was rejected by Amy Winehouse - with good reason. Repetitious and dull. And despite all the "Hey, it's her body" comments she looks just awful in the video clip, which is the kiss of death fro female singers who were once considered hot. If she'd been doing the "porky and proud" routine from the get go she might have been able to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2017 3:52 AM

When she was young and beautiful (and in spectacular voice).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 10, 2017 3:57 AM

The video at R65 is from 2002 when Kelly was 20 years old.

We can't stay 20 forever. Should she have killed herself on her 21st birthday?

by Anonymousreply 66September 10, 2017 4:02 AM

Her voice is always on point.

by Anonymousreply 67September 10, 2017 4:03 AM

I don't really know much of her music, but I think she has a fantastic voice. I used to be a waiter, and waited on her one night, in Nashville. I didn't know who she was, but I loved talking to her and joking with her. She got their before the rest of her party, and sat alone at the bar, and I started talking to her because she looked fun. And she was. When she was seated, it was in my section. We joked and she was a doll. I didn't know it was her until she gave me her credit card. She left almost a 100% tip on a fairly large tab, and gave me a big hug and kiss when she left. She was an absolute doll.

by Anonymousreply 68September 10, 2017 4:07 AM

r68 great story. Kelly is the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 69September 10, 2017 4:12 AM

[quote] We can't stay 20 forever. Should she have killed herself on her 21st birthday?

Did you hurt yourself after leaping to an absurd and unwarranted conclusion like that? Gee, I hope so.

People don't get obese naturally as they age. They do it by overeating.

by Anonymousreply 70September 10, 2017 4:37 AM

I love her voice and she's great singer but sorry these songs are not good

by Anonymousreply 71September 10, 2017 12:29 PM

her last album was a great pop collection. She's got a great voice. And you know she's intouchable now because she's allowed not to get thin.

by Anonymousreply 72September 10, 2017 1:34 PM

She hasn't been skinny in ages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 10, 2017 1:44 PM

[quote]I love her voice and she's great singer but sorry these songs are not good

I'm with you. One of my favorites of hers is 'Walk Away', now that is a great song.

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2017 9:59 PM

After consistently selling platinum albums, Her final RCA album only sold 250K. It got very little promotion. Hopefully Atlantic will promote this new record. I like her and support her success.

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2017 10:03 PM

The song about her dad from the last album was great.

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2017 10:11 PM

Fat or not so fat Kelly can SING and she always had soul. She has a very pretty head voice, the best in the pop business but she can add rasp at will and spinto power up to those high G#. Girl is a real soprano with lyric and soulful qualities. Her voice has suffered a bit from years of touring, her singing style and two pregnancies. She has a lot of it back based on this week's live performances of her new songs. Being perfect is not really her thing, she sacrifices that for emotion and vocal power sometimes.

Try to find her singing "It's quiet Uptown" from the Hamilton soundtrack or her beautiful live performance of same on New Year's Eve on Seth Meyers. Her voice is b e a u t i f u l. Kelly has the range, the tonal pallette and the phrasing to make everything sound good. She's showing off her whistle notes on her new song, she always had them but saves them for soul. Kelly loved Mariah and that always shows, but to be honest she is a much better vocalist that Mariah. She is the coolest chick around, so cool and ordinary that y'all bitch she's not Taylor or Katy or Rihanna? Kelly is a real singer with a legit star voice. She's the best vocalist in the game. She has bitched about not getting the best songs and collaborators. I think this album will do well, but I wish she would do one of covers too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 11, 2017 12:49 AM

KC covers Coldplay. Listen to the beautiful resonance and texture of her voice as she soars through this kind of monotonous song - she colors it in with her voice timbre and emotion. She's great. Cute here too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 11, 2017 12:54 AM

This is what Kelly does in concert. She covers a new song every night that twitter fans suggest for that night's concert. She and her very good band work something up, but it's usually a bit messy and raw. She swings for the fences and strains her vocal chords but girl can sing her ass off AND her voice has amazing beauty. It's not just screaming - there are so many sweet spots, she raises goosebumps.

To say she has not recorded good material is a lie. She just hasn't been given much material worthy of her deep talent and feeling. Don't forget the girl could turn out a hit song like that. She can bop with soul. But she's a grown woman now. She fought Clive Davis and her old label for years. They wanted her to sing "My life would Suck Without You." She had to after some of her own ideas proved to dark. Kelly got soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 11, 2017 1:06 AM

When you sound this good, some people are still gonna call you out for not looking good. Kelly wears band shirts and no shoes in concert. She loves to sing but is not especially big on dressing up in drag for TV. She isn't big on acting like a pop diva either - she performs with real instinct and feeling. Girl is always herself. The Obamas had her perform for the WH many more times than publicized. She's got soul. If her new album bombs, does that make Taylor Swift a better singer or woman than Kelly Clarkson? Not ever. Nope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 11, 2017 2:01 AM

She's the best. That glissando, the head trills, gorgeous vibrato used without melisma or + melisma later. On and off rasp at will. Known for her clear belting voice from the low chest tones to high mixed head voice. A whisper to the whistle voice with breathy finesse. Her head voice is the prettiest and most incisive in the business. She is an amalgam of pop, blues r&b and country singers. The best bar band chick singer in the world. She's never perfect, so doesn't worry about that. She always sings LIVE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 11, 2017 2:36 AM

Oaky r62 but if you look closely and track it at a certain point in the 90's Black artists were guided into making hip-hop or rap. The Black boy band groups were shelved in favor of White boy groups and along with that R&B and Soul, which was Black and urban, became White and pop. I have a problem with what the music industry did in that regard. You can't tell me Timberlake or Beiber are as good as soul singers once were, neither is Kelly Clarkson. You might think they are, but they aren't. Do a sound comparison. They only sound good because there is no one else out there doing what they do.

by Anonymousreply 82September 11, 2017 2:43 AM

All of songs sound the same: I'm a fat girl who's been misused by some ma but I'm losing weight and improving and now a new guy loves me.

by Anonymousreply 83September 11, 2017 3:35 AM

r55 that song is shit. basic. boring. blech! Go away!

by Anonymousreply 84September 11, 2017 3:40 AM

Kelly is one of the best live singers ever.

by Anonymousreply 85September 11, 2017 8:48 AM

R84 OK, sorry

by Anonymousreply 86September 11, 2017 8:48 AM

SINCE YOU BEEN GONE MS. LONELY

I've been Team Clarkson ever since! I am SO happy she's finally embraced what she REALLY is: a blue eyed soul singer. Think Box Scaggs and Teena Marie.

Don't deny what you are. Embrace it. LIVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 87September 11, 2017 9:08 AM

Love this version of 'Walk Away' from Kelly and Reba's Tour together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 11, 2017 9:22 AM

I think the clip does her no favors. High concept "edgy" shit almost always requires a lean physique. Imagine how much better it would be if she was dressed down in a smokey bar setting in black and white.

by Anonymousreply 89September 11, 2017 9:35 AM

Jolene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 11, 2017 10:08 AM

I wish she'd pick songs with more melody for her ballads. The second one is just a few repetitive notes over and over. Where are the "Unbreak my Heart"s or "Try a Little Tenderness." where she could really show her emotions and her exquisite control.

by Anonymousreply 91September 11, 2017 11:39 AM

She's back with cream filling.

by Anonymousreply 92September 11, 2017 12:17 PM

[quote]She trying to be fatter than janet

Janet's thin now.

by Anonymousreply 93September 11, 2017 12:18 PM

Dang, how can a voice be so powerful AND so beautiful? Yes R91, Kelly can handle a classic bluesy melody and add her thrilling soar and pretty pretty voice to it. Her Christmas album is gorgeous singing too for folks who love her voice but not her usual songs. Just sayin...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 11, 2017 12:24 PM

Wtf is "urban soul"?

by Anonymousreply 95September 11, 2017 1:47 PM

Why is she so fat?

by Anonymousreply 96September 11, 2017 2:01 PM

Duet with John Legend on "You Don't Know Me".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 11, 2017 2:02 PM

I like that she tries different genres. Some singers never go outside their box.

Here with Josh Groban on "All I Ask of You".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 11, 2017 2:05 PM

No wonder she wants to do "Urban Soul". She knows the brothers can't get enough of that ass. She is marketing to a demographic that appreciates some poundage.

by Anonymousreply 99September 11, 2017 2:12 PM

Doing Eminem's "Lose Yourself".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 11, 2017 2:18 PM

I liked her cover of "Purple Rain".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 11, 2017 2:20 PM

R97, I really enjoyed that Duets show, sorry it wasn't renewed. Legend, Clarkson and Jennifer Warrens were unbelievable every week. Even slimy Robin Thicke was watchable.

by Anonymousreply 102September 11, 2017 2:28 PM

Covering Aretha Franklin "Never Loved a Man".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 11, 2017 2:30 PM

R102 I only discovered the show through YouTube. It looked like a good program.

by Anonymousreply 104September 11, 2017 2:33 PM

The best origninal Christmas song since Mariah. Instant classic xmas bop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 11, 2017 2:34 PM

Covering "Go Rest High On That Mountain". Starting @ 1:30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 11, 2017 2:36 PM

Kelly shows off beautiful nuance and the raw power of her voice in this No Doubt cover. Gorgeous singing with total emotional commitment. Don't Speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 11, 2017 2:45 PM

I really like this cover of Florence + The Machine "Shake It Out".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 11, 2017 2:50 PM

While the Clarkbot is more subtle, its been no less committed than janbot over the years.

by Anonymousreply 109September 11, 2017 4:05 PM

At least Kelly has talent. I forgot how much I liked her voice. She's one of the best singers we've seen in a long time. She's definitely better than Adele and Beyonce who are overrated.

by Anonymousreply 110September 11, 2017 5:37 PM

She's fat now?

These Southern girls ...

by Anonymousreply 111September 11, 2017 5:48 PM

Looks like she needs to step away from the soul food buffet...

by Anonymousreply 112September 11, 2017 5:51 PM

[quote] To say she has not recorded good material is a lie. She just hasn't been given much material worthy of her deep talent and feeling.

Ummm, that's basically the same as not recording good material. You just made his argument for him.

by Anonymousreply 113September 11, 2017 5:52 PM

[quote]And you know she's intouchable now because she's allowed not to get thin.

Are you kidding? Even Aretha got flak from becoming obese. And look at what Janet Jackson went through when she went through her recent whale period.

The only singers, male or female, who are allowed to be fat are the ones who were fat when they first came to the public's wide attention.

by Anonymousreply 114September 11, 2017 5:54 PM

Don't forget opera sopranos, R114

by Anonymousreply 115September 11, 2017 5:58 PM

I love her voice and I really like most of her music. But in interviews it's clear that she's quite dumb and ignorant. I think I would really dislike her if I knew her in person, but I don't so whatever.

by Anonymousreply 116September 11, 2017 6:00 PM

Is Kelly still a carpet muncher?

by Anonymousreply 117September 12, 2017 3:00 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 118September 12, 2017 3:19 AM

Kelly's not gay. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 119September 12, 2017 3:21 AM

Hot Buttered Soul

by Anonymousreply 120September 12, 2017 3:54 AM

She's been charting for 15 years now. Not too shabby.

by Anonymousreply 121September 12, 2017 4:00 AM

[QUOTE]Janet's thin now.

Give it time

by Anonymousreply 122September 12, 2017 5:17 AM

Clarkson's voice is so raw here, it was the Sony party for her Stronger album at The Troubadour. A great night, Reba and Blake were there & her future husband. Me and the bf too. She threw in this Carrie Underwood cover and showed why she was the best damn singer that American Idol ever found and that Carrie got better songs, ha. Carrie could never so this.....

I don't know what makes a pop hit but I have some idea. Pink is at #17 on itunes now and Kelly at #13. It's Sam Smith and Taylor Swift at # 1 and 2. That's just the way it goes. Kelly's new song is a bop and her vocals are on fire. It's a 3 minute disappointment knowing what she can do. Doing a cover album is for the graveyard and Clarkson ain't ready for that yet. She always charts and her fans are very loyal. Girl can sing just about anything but albums are meant to produce buzz and multi platform hits. She has some old school surprises on this recording. She got to do more of what she wanted. Clarkson performs all the damn time live, she doesn't tour only when she has a new album. She's a singer.

I Know You Won't

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 12, 2017 10:43 PM

Carrie could never *do* this...

by Anonymousreply 124September 12, 2017 10:47 PM

Kelly Clarkson fires back at online body shamer to fans delight ABC News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 21, 2017 1:13 PM

Looks like she has been recording this CD from a soul food restaurant. She's thickened a bit.

by Anonymousreply 126September 21, 2017 1:26 PM

She's fat. That negates everything else about her. Fat fat fat fat fat.

Had anyone pointed out that she is fat? Because she's fat!

Fat fat fat fat fat fat

I am posting on the Internet that this person is fat

Fat

by Anonymousreply 127September 21, 2017 1:39 PM

Rachel Ray neck, or lack thereof. I liked her back in her Miss Independent days...

by Anonymousreply 128September 21, 2017 2:35 PM

Kelly Clarkson graces 'America’s Got Talent' stage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 21, 2017 5:15 PM

Simon Cowell Reveals Advice For Kelly Clarkson On ‘The Voice’: Re-Watch ‘American Idol’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130September 21, 2017 5:16 PM

Kelly Clarkson’s 8th Album, ‘Meaning of Life’, Coming October 27

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 21, 2017 5:30 PM

Damn she fat.

by Anonymousreply 132September 21, 2017 9:54 PM

R132 So what?

by Anonymousreply 133September 21, 2017 10:19 PM

Kelly's voice is in great shape these days, I hope the new album brings her some great reviews and a HIT. She's too good a singer not to be heard. Love so Soft has an amazing vocal and when I hear it I like it. But I wouldn't look for it.

by Anonymousreply 134September 21, 2017 11:34 PM

Love So Soft is really growing on me. It doesn't sound like an out-of-the-gate hit but it could be a grower if radio gives it a chance.

by Anonymousreply 135September 21, 2017 11:54 PM

R41 Adele is not in the same league as Kelly as a vocalist and a live performer

a) Adele is not consistent as a live performer and she often sings off-key (watch her live performances in YT)

b) Kelly has much wider vocal range

by Anonymousreply 136September 22, 2017 12:03 AM

Kelly Clarkson got soul y'all. Beautiful voice that's clear as glass up top, rich and raspy and soulful when she wants to be. She's a great singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 22, 2017 12:52 PM

R127 and R132, she responded to a Twitter user who called her fat, by saying "And still fucking awesome!"

But here's the thing, she may not always be fat, but you two will NEVER be awesome. Chew on that bitter pill.

by Anonymousreply 138September 22, 2017 12:59 PM

She's a fat, ugly lesbian.

But damn, she can sing.

by Anonymousreply 139September 23, 2017 2:36 PM

Like that. This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140September 30, 2017 6:03 AM

Wow, R140. That's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 141September 30, 2017 6:39 AM

Kelly singing "Up to the Mountain" solo.

Her doing a duet with Reba on it is at R137.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 1, 2017 11:42 PM

Saw Kelly perform at the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games last night in Toronto. Her voice was on fucking point.

Watching her perform her #1 hit "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" was very moving, especially when many of the athletes, many of whom were wounded, clapped and sang along.

by Anonymousreply 143October 2, 2017 12:41 AM

Heard 'Love So Soft' on my drive home from work Friday so it's getting played here.

by Anonymousreply 144October 2, 2017 12:43 AM

Cool. More songs about how she was taken for granted by an old boyfriend. has a new guy who is interested and finds her EXTRAORDINARY. Oh, and she wants you to know via her songs that she's growing stronger every day, she's still hot and working on getting rid of those pesky extra pounds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 2, 2017 1:01 AM

Over-weight, over-white ladies can't sing soul.

Only our Sable Brothers can do Soul.

Sole is in our blood and in our Ass. We earned that soul in dose cotton-feilds and no over-weight, over-white lady can pretend to have it.

by Anonymousreply 146October 2, 2017 1:07 AM

Kelly tells all including her experiences with her Billy, Clive Davis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 10, 2017 11:35 PM

Her next single

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 10, 2017 11:37 PM

This is the epitome of "frau music".

by Anonymousreply 149October 10, 2017 11:40 PM

Old fags are experts in frau. Clarkson is not edgy, she's one of the best singers in the world. A cool, honest chick. Not a republican and not dumb. Happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 12, 2017 7:18 AM

Brand new Christmas bop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 20, 2017 7:15 PM

Such a great voice, she needs better material

by Anonymousreply 152October 20, 2017 7:48 PM

Rich, white ladies in high heels CAN NOT do "urban" "soul".

They aren't black! They haven't suffered living in the fields!

They have no right to steal our music!

by Anonymousreply 153October 20, 2017 8:03 PM

Ha ha, imagine if someone thought that for real!

by Anonymousreply 154October 20, 2017 9:03 PM

Is she actually a lesbian? Her husband seems shady af

by Anonymousreply 155October 21, 2017 12:19 AM

I've been hearing "Love So Soft" on the radio a lot...and I don't even listen to the radio much.

by Anonymousreply 156October 21, 2017 12:27 AM

She's not a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 157October 21, 2017 12:38 AM

When my sister was visiting TN she took her kids to the zoo. She just happened to be near a lady pushing a stroller. They made small talk for a little while. Sis realized that it was Kelly after she went home and googled the kid's name (She had her suspicions since we were raised on American Idol and all). No make-up. In mom mode. It was her. Totally down to earth. The real deal. Retract your claws, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 158October 21, 2017 1:39 AM

Pink (love her too) was on the Andy Cohen Programme last night and Andy suggested that she and Kelly Clarkson do a cover of "Enough is Enough". Pink says she loves Kelly, but wouldn't do a duet with her--she would be outsung by Kelly.

Later Pink says she and Aguilera have mended fences (didn't even know there was a "feud") and are doing a duet. Hehe.

by Anonymousreply 159October 21, 2017 1:55 AM

Third song released from the new album.

This song was going to be on Piece by Piece but Kelly pulled it at the last minute. She thought that it should serve as the centerpiece of an album built around it.

Album comes out next week (10/27).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 22, 2017 12:43 AM

I want to like that, R160, but the stupid backwards-sample shit is intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 161October 22, 2017 9:25 PM

Bump so that people stop creating threads on this topic

by Anonymousreply 162October 24, 2017 12:25 AM

Bump so that people stop creating threads on this topic

by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2017 2:55 AM

I knew she reminded me of an old comic book hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2017 3:11 AM

Is she a closeted lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2017 4:10 AM

after 500 threads fat jokes aren't funny anymore just stop R164

by Anonymousreply 166October 26, 2017 4:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 5, 2017 1:38 AM

She thought she was asexual... Until she saw that plate with a BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes, apple pie... Etc. Etc.

by Anonymousreply 168November 5, 2017 1:51 AM

[quote] Kelly Clarkson is Back with Soul!

How many souls did she eat?

by Anonymousreply 169November 5, 2017 1:54 AM

R167 translated:

“I’m a deeply closeted dyke.”

by Anonymousreply 170November 5, 2017 1:58 AM

R170 How do you know she's not telling the truth?

by Anonymousreply 171November 5, 2017 2:06 AM

On Datalounge, everyone is gay, including the women who marry men and give birth to children.

by Anonymousreply 172November 5, 2017 2:08 AM

Eating contest: Clarkson v. Huckabee Sanders. Who'd win?

by Anonymousreply 173November 5, 2017 2:17 AM

I love her voice! Go girl

by Anonymousreply 174November 5, 2017 2:22 AM

Remix !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 10, 2017 9:50 PM

Kelly posted a Video saying how much she wanted to meet Meryl Streep at the Golden Globes and then it actually happened on Live TV.

by Anonymousreply 176January 10, 2018 5:06 PM

Oh good. I need more songs about how she's a fat girl but working on it and how the man she was with didn't appreciate her BUT now there's someone who does.

by Anonymousreply 177January 10, 2018 5:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 11, 2018 12:38 AM

Fat fat fat

Anything else? Because we know that already.

by Anonymousreply 179January 11, 2018 12:42 AM

She spanks

by Anonymousreply 180January 11, 2018 4:55 AM

I love Kelly's voice but she is too young to be that fat, and I can't believe she honestly is as happy with herself as she pretends to be.

by Anonymousreply 181January 12, 2018 5:28 AM

Great voice, but she's become obese. That cannot be healthy.

"You've been eatin' too many candy bars, honey... you're a mess." -- Marlene Dietrich, TOUCH OF EVIL

by Anonymousreply 182January 12, 2018 6:49 AM

[quote] Rich, white ladies in high heels CAN NOT do "urban" "soul".

What about rich, white ladies in flats?

by Anonymousreply 183January 12, 2018 6:51 AM

I love her voice, but she really needs to stop eating.

by Anonymousreply 184January 12, 2018 9:04 AM

Weird Things Everyone Just Ignores About Kelly Clarkson's Marriage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 19, 2018 10:59 AM

Kelly h̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶"̶s̶o̶u̶l̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶u̶r̶b̶a̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶"̶ ̶a̶l̶b̶u̶m̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶U̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ got released from her RCA contract. Now she's got a new label

by Anonymousreply 186April 19, 2018 11:08 AM

girl loves her bbque and ribs and chicken fat and biscuits wid syrup yesss

big momma!

by Anonymousreply 187April 19, 2018 11:14 AM

Is she fat? Because there are only 100 different posts on this thread that call her fat.

Can you please let me know 100 more times if she’s fat? It’s fresh and funny each time and never gets boring.

by Anonymousreply 188April 19, 2018 12:56 PM

She's fat

by Anonymousreply 189April 19, 2018 12:58 PM

Those earrings look like cellphone cases

by Anonymousreply 190April 19, 2018 1:00 PM

LMAO r181

by Anonymousreply 191April 20, 2018 7:16 AM

Kelly sounds fantastic these days, showing off all her range and that beautiful head voice. And she's looking good too. Her record label did not' drop her, what a stupid comment R186. She had a number one album at the time that SHE left RCA.

[quote]It's worth noting that most artists whose contracts are imminently due to expire would renegotiate on album number 6 (as Britney Spears did with RCA), but in running out the clock, Clarkson has much more leverage. “That’s a good time to mention you’re a free agent, when you have a No. 1 album,” notes one manager of major pop acts. Also, Clarkson has a proven track record at radio. Says Jim Ryan, program director at New York top 40 station WWFS: “She’s a core artist for the format. Our listeners have watched her grow up. The last album had three huge hits for us, so it only made sense to embrace this one.” Indeed, Clarkson’s latest single, “Heartbeat Song,” was played 466 times through March 21, according to Nielsen BDS. “We’ve got a lot of good friends at RCA,” adds Ryan. “We would hate it if [they] lost out on her music.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 20, 2018 7:35 AM

2 Days Ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 20, 2018 7:38 AM

Of course Kelly is one of the best singers in pop music. She knows how to sing and is insanely gifted. Her voice is not perfect but it is exceptional. TALENT and skill. She'll be singing great for another 30 years because she can sing anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 20, 2018 7:48 AM

Quiet as it's kept, Kelly Clarkson is a real singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 20, 2018 7:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!