by Anonymousreply 209/01/2017

Like a fine wine

by Anonymousreply 309/01/2017

by Anonymousreply 409/01/2017

Another related thread -

by Anonymousreply 509/01/2017

Mmmm, many pictures

by Anonymousreply 609/01/2017

He looks so good! Definitely needs to be in more ad campaigns. I love how his "everyday and natural look" is still model-like. Because most guys look that natural every day. But still.....smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 709/01/2017

Photographer captured a very masculine side of Bomer. I want every piece of that collection. I don't know how but he gets hotter as he gets older. 🔥🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 809/01/2017

Yes, it's a bit of a "rough" look for him but it looks good.

by Anonymousreply 909/01/2017

It's a crime that Matt in his prime, looking like that isn't in more lead roles. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 1009/01/2017

Looks like such a leading man in those pics. Hopefully Walking Out is a decent success and can bag him a few more film roles in the future. He's lucky he's not a woman turning 40 in Hollywood; he'd become invisible then. He may never be a leading man for obvious (shameful) reasons but he still has chances to get decent enough roles if he wants. He seems happy to do TV work and plays. If that's what he wants, so be it!

by Anonymousreply 1109/01/2017

He's the leading man in Last Tycoon, but that's his clean cut look. He looks more romantic here. Very grown up, but not old.

by Anonymousreply 1209/02/2017

It's hard to believe that he will be 40 next month. Besides his youthful appearance, he has "big child" type of personality at times. Very goofy. Not a bad thing at all, probably keeps him feeling young.

by Anonymousreply 1309/02/2017

Might be the best he has looked. Very natural looks older too but makes him only hotter. He should lay off make up permanently. Seriously with that face he does not need. Forties is a good time for actors. Hope Bomer makes good of his talent.

by Anonymousreply 1409/02/2017

Well he's posted on Insta and Twitter about the campaign-maybe a return from his social media break?

by Anonymousreply 1509/02/2017

I agree that he has to stop using make up, without it he looks sexier and more masculine.

by Anonymousreply 1609/02/2017

From the article from r2 "So often [Bomer] looks almost perfect on screen, and I think he really likes the idea of looking more like he does every day," said Snyder, adding that the actor didn't shave for four days.

He really does look his best when he is real. 🔥

by Anonymousreply 1709/02/2017

Sometimes he can go overboard with the makeup on the red carpet. Bit too much of a Ken doll. This look-stubble and subtle hints of makeup-is much more appealing. A side most people would like to see more of.

by Anonymousreply 1809/02/2017

Love the poses.

by Anonymousreply 1909/03/2017

Masculine? hardly .

Though he looks less feminine in these photo shoots than he looks in TLT

by Anonymousreply 2009/03/2017

Well in TLT he is meant to look super polished and pristine for most of the show. In these pics he seems a bit more intense, a bit 'rougher' (well as rough as you can get when Matt has the kind of look that he does).

by Anonymousreply 2109/03/2017

R19 Mmmmm! Up against the wall baby!

by Anonymousreply 2209/03/2017

To be a fly on the wall in Bomer's bedroom

by Anonymousreply 2309/03/2017

The song playing in the background of Matt's video. Wonder if he had any input into the selection? If so, he just got exponentially hotter!

Lyrics to Wave by Lewis Del Mar;

The night we broke out Neighborhood penitentiary We drove to the coast and Laughed for a century You sunk your feet In the empty beach And took off all your clothes Said "I'm never going home now Whose gonna tell me no"

Freedom ain't it frightening Like swimming in the lightening Deadly but delighting Lips against the sky now

So bold

You told me It always tastes good When I choose it for myself When there's fire in my words It burns me and nobody else I know I fuck up

But as long as I show up It'll always taste good"

I woke up in the waves Listening to your laughter The Odysseys sixth chapter You were still naked Impressionist painting You came to me Said run away with me Drew lines on my cheeks With the mud from the ground

Whispered "Paradise ain't lost it's found" (Whatever)

It always tastes good When I choose it for myself When there's fire in my words It burns me and nobody else I know I fuck up But as long as I show up It'll always taste good Freedom ain't it frightening No one to make you do the right thing What's the right thing

by Anonymousreply 2409/03/2017

I too liked the song but I'm sure it was selected by the marketing team and he had nothing to do with it. 😊

by Anonymousreply 2509/03/2017

Not having spoken to the marketing department, I could not speak with surety. That being said, a bit of wishful thinking doesn't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 2609/03/2017

R26 Sorry😊 Didn't mean to squash your vision. He did say

So sure...He was sitting reviewing proofs with Todd Snyder and the marketing team when this song played on his iPhone and everyone said, wait...Matt... that song...What is it...It would be great for the ad campaign...Someone get the rights!

Better? 😜

by Anonymousreply 2709/03/2017

Sorry...Didn't finish my thought 😳

He did say once somewhere he was really into music.

by Anonymousreply 2809/03/2017

Highly unlikely that he had any input into the music choice for the video. All creative decisions come from designers, photographers, the marketing team, editorial department. Actors/models rarely have any input for fashion shoots; they just show up, get filmed and do what they are asked and go home. It's all someone else's vision most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 2909/03/2017

Sounds very much like a Bomer song. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a say.

by Anonymousreply 3009/04/2017

Ummm what is a Bomer song? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 3109/04/2017

A Bomer song? Yeah because we really know enough about Bomer to judge what kind of songs are to his liking.

People really overestimate how much involvement actors/spokespeople have in these types of campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 3209/04/2017

I doubt if he picked it. Maybe he was asked what he thought of it when they decided to use it. He might have had veto rights or something like that. On the other hand, he knows Todd Snyder so maybe they had discussed that song sometime.

by Anonymousreply 3309/04/2017

They probably let him know what the promo video would be like and the music that would be included. I doubt he had veto rights to the song used. None of that would have been his decision.

by Anonymousreply 3409/04/2017

Would he even have seen it before it aired to the public?

by Anonymousreply 3509/04/2017

LoL By Bomer song I meant a song that Bomer would like. I'm well familiar with his taste in music. I'm willing to bet he chose the song.

by Anonymousreply 3609/04/2017

No one on this thread knows what if any contribution Matt made to this promotion. It's all sheer conjecture. What's interesting is the amount of energy invested in the notion, he didn't participate but was simply a cipher.

by Anonymousreply 3709/04/2017

Matt would have had no involvement in the editing process of the video. That's done days after filming. That's where the music choices are usually done. Realistically, he would have seen the images/ clips taken on the day of the shoot and then seen the end result before the public. That's how most campaigns work. It's not trying to devalue Bomer but it's usually an editorial/marketing team and the designer who make all the decisions. Happens in magazines and fashions across the world. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Bomer may have suggested a song but since it's not his own brand the likelihood of him having creative input is quite low.

by Anonymousreply 3809/04/2017

Its almost 1.5 months since season 1 premiere and no sign or even rumor of renewal . I think it unofficially cancelled .

Now that TLT has proved to be a flop, it is pretty clear that audience is not ready to see Matt in a leading role. he should try in ensemble star cast in those procedural like NCIS or Chicago fires . These shows pay a lot and doesn't require match acting skill . It would be perfect for Matt .

Besides it will give him some stability . Chris O donnel is doing this for Past 12 years and he is based in LA [NCIS :La]

He told that he is happy with the pay and he can balance his work and family

by Anonymousreply 3909/05/2017

We don't know anything for sure. Billy Ray did say it would be October or possibility earlier before we'd know about renewal.

What are you want talking about with leading man ability? He did White Collar for 6 years as the leading star. Any issues with TLT were definitely down to poor writing and plot/direction. I didn't have issues with the casting.

Give Matt some credit; he's been decent in a lot of his roles. He's the type of actor that really needs good writing and direction to shine; which is basically most actors.

I really don't see Matt jumping into procedural shows any time soon. More likely to do some plays and indie films.

by Anonymousreply 4009/05/2017

Z The Beginning of Everything premiered in January and only got renewed in April. That's 3 months later. There's still another month left.

Matt said in one of his promo interviews that he would be ok with one season even though the ending was bleak. I doubt he wants the show to go on for too long.

by Anonymousreply 4109/05/2017

Am I the only one who thinks that Matt hasn't shown real enthusiasm for The Last Tycoon?

by Anonymousreply 4209/05/2017

Nope, I thought the same too. Once that promo week was finished and the show premiered, Bomer pretty much took a step back from social media and hasn't mentioned anything about the show since. I know it's probably hard to do promo once a show is airing but not even one reminder tweet to fans to watch the show or replying/RTs to Billy Ray's tweets. It's a little odd. I do get the sense that he won't be overly disappointed if the show isn't renewed.

But then again, he was on vacation in August and was directing an episode of American Crime Story. He could also be working on a project now or just taking a break for a while? Or maybe there is stuff going on in his personal life?

Hard to say but I just get the sense that enthusiasm for TLT isn't there.

by Anonymousreply 4309/05/2017

Matt Boner is obviously one of the best looking white gays on the planet, have had a crush on him since Tru Calling. He's just gotten too waxy looking for my liking.

by Anonymousreply 4409/05/2017

Some of this is age-related. White Collar started 8 years ago. He looked good on television but had too much of a baby face for real masculinity. He's growing into it.

by Anonymousreply 4509/05/2017

I feel that way about Matt's all projects. His enthusiasm for them always seems lacking to me. Maybe he's just not much into promotion stuff. I think he could promote Walking Out way more. I know he joined sm after avoiding it for a long time. There is so much more promoting he could do but guess that isn't his cuppa tea. He does put a lot into acting so guess that's not too bad.

by Anonymousreply 4609/05/2017

R43 there was just a devastating hurricane where he grew up.

by Anonymousreply 4709/05/2017

R47 I know right? What the hell! Like there isn't anything more important right now than family.

Streaming TV has way less promotion than network TV. It takes way longer to renew, produce, etc. You wait much longer for any of it. Walking Out is not a wide release major film. Only fans care about it and maybe you will find info on social media. Give it a rest people!

by Anonymousreply 4809/05/2017

It really is hard trolling Matt Bomer, you would think the sheer exhaustion of having to come up with this stuff would be off putting.

by Anonymousreply 4909/05/2017

What this thread needs is another picture!

by Anonymousreply 5009/05/2017

That Hurricane was just a week ago. He's been absent on social media for longer than that. It's not a criticism to be curious about what Bomer has been up to over the last month since his social break. It was an odd time to take a break, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 5109/05/2017

He has been saying in interviews that every year he has an internal struggle over art vs commerce. Maybe this is it. He seems slightly conflicted about how much he wants to interact with his fans or collect new ones.

by Anonymousreply 5209/05/2017

The most likely explanation is that he's just taking a break as he had a busy first half of the year with filming and promotion. Maybe once Walking Out is due for release he'll ramp up his social media usage again. His Twitter and Instagram are just PR tools anyway. He doesn't like to get too personal.

by Anonymousreply 5309/05/2017

During a time he was very active on social media, he even created an account on a Chinese twitter and interacted with fans over there, then he just stopped.

by Anonymousreply 5409/05/2017

But does he read Datalounge? That's the important question!

by Anonymousreply 5509/05/2017

[quote]But does he read Datalounge? That's the important question!

I believe he has seen these threads. Not just because occasionally they pop up on Google News Alerts, not just because he searches his name on Twitter but because when things used to get too crazy here threads get shut down mysteriously.

I'm not sure why people think him pulling back from social media and some of the INSANE talk in these threads aren't related. Even I was scared to read these threads for a while. Don't, "it's a gossip board!" me. Some of the stuff here was extra creepy.

by Anonymousreply 5609/05/2017

Yeah, and he was being harassed by a gay hater on Twitter, too. Might tend to make him withdraw.

by Anonymousreply 5709/06/2017

Oh course they are familiar with Datalounge, Simon Halls used to post here. Mostly about himself.

by Anonymousreply 5809/06/2017

Duckling is not a natural social media promoter, but that doesn't really make or break a movie or show despite what new media soothsayers would have you believe. The fact of the matter is something like Last Tycoon would skew very old, social media would not be the most effective place to promote it.

by Anonymousreply 5909/06/2017

R56 You're kidding right? You really think his social media useage is related to this board? I think you're reaching buddy 😳

by Anonymousreply 6009/06/2017

Speaking of promo...It begins...

by Anonymousreply 6109/06/2017

I waaaant to see Walking Out so much! Bomer is really mixing it up! Love it! I like how chill he is about social media. He engages and disengages per his whim and convenience, that's cool.

by Anonymousreply 6209/06/2017

Matt has an approach/avoidance conflict regarding his fans. Mostly out of sight, out of mind, I suspect, but he's warm & playful when he engages.

by Anonymousreply 6309/06/2017

I know I would be warm and playful if he engaged me 😜

by Anonymousreply 6409/06/2017

He seems to use social media when he feels like it and also when he has promo to do. Selective enough with his use. He has bursts of activity and then usually quiet time. Always tweets/posts more when he's visiting New York or cities.

by Anonymousreply 6509/06/2017

Well, that makes sense if the fam isn't with him.

by Anonymousreply 6609/06/2017

His social media posts are always so full of excitement when he's in NYC. It's cute. He clearly adores the city!

by Anonymousreply 6709/06/2017

[quote]You're kidding right? You really think his social media useage is related to this board? I think you're reaching buddy

I think you're reaching if you think he doesn't get annoyed when people are saying negative things about him anywhere. He has already proven that he does multiple times. Keep pretending this is some hovel no one sees on the net if that helps you sleep at night R60, duckling troll of whoever you are

by Anonymousreply 6809/06/2017

Maybe his team keeps tabs on sites like these and other fan sites. Doubt he loses sleep over the silliness here and elsewhere even thoug he may get a bit annoyed every now and then. If you think with 3 kids & a busy career he has time for this shit you've never had kids, career, a life lol

by Anonymousreply 6909/06/2017

R68 Dude! I'm not any troll. I'm just realistic! I agree with r69! I'm sure he doesn't have time to read even 50% of anything out there.

by Anonymousreply 7009/06/2017

Agreed. He has people to check for his name and bring things of interest to his attention. I doubt if he could even read all of his Twitter feed every day - or would want to.

by Anonymousreply 7109/06/2017

Walking Out trailer looks really interesting and gorgeously shot. The reviews are good, looking forward to seeing it. Given the obstacles in his path, Matt is really mixing it up in his choices to good effect. Monroe and Cal are polar opposites and he appears to be giving life to both. He's a good actor, who is woefully underated; hope this changes that.

by Anonymousreply 7209/06/2017

Walking Out has gotten some good reviews and has a bit of a buzz around it. It'll be interesting to see how the film performs. It's Bomer's first leading role in a film and it will mainly just focus on himself and Josh Wiggins. Hope it does well.

by Anonymousreply 7309/06/2017

Breaking Things are not looking Good for TYT

‘Z: The Beginning of Everything’ canceled at Amazon – after being renewed

Amazon has reversed course on its series “Z: The Beginning of Everything,” canceling the show after a single season — and after initially renewing the show for a second run.

The cancellation also comes after Amazon Studios had already spent $7 million on preproduction and opening a writers’ room for Season 2, according to The Hollywood Reporter, which broke the news of the cancellation.

THR’s sources say the reversal comes amid Amazon wanting to rein in spending on original programming in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 7409/07/2017

Well that's a kicker huh? That show was hit or miss about whether a renewal would happen but now it's looking less and less likely. Amazon invested a lot into the show and it didn't really live up to promise. You'd hope that Amazon made a choice between Z: The Beginning of Everything' and TLT and decided there was only room for one period drama.

by Anonymousreply 7509/07/2017

Aww, that's a shame. I was hoping for at least S2 of TLT. I suppose it's possible that they sacrificed Z for TLT but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 7609/07/2017

Very slim chance of the show getting renewed now. It didn't do as well as I suspect Amazon wanted it to. It will probably means Bomer will be free to do that play in New York next year. He's been dying to get into plays for years now. Hope Walking Out gets some success to balance things out.

by Anonymousreply 7709/07/2017

Yeah, I'd hate for it to make people less willing to cast Matt in a leading role.

by Anonymousreply 7809/07/2017

If they had gone in a different direction or sharpened up the script a little more the show could have been a lot better. Shame. There's still a slim chance of renewal but I wouldn't put money on it.

by Anonymousreply 7909/07/2017

Interesting prognostications on the death of TLT , likely in response to the potential success of Walking Out.

by Anonymousreply 8009/07/2017

I think its more the fact that a similar enough enough show got canceled after it was renewed has people a little uneasy. Amazon wants to invest more in different types of shows. Those period dramas are expensive. It's hardly an encouraging sign. Just coincidence that Walking Out will open next month and it's gotten good reviews so far. I think would still appreciate a good response to Walking Out and hearing that TLT will get a second season. We just have to wait and see over the next few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 8109/07/2017

[quote]Agreed. He has people to check for his name and bring things of interest to his attention.

We'll have to agree to disagree because he definitely sees more than he lets on and Google Alerts for him aren't inundated with more than a few links daily. It's that complex, time consuming or difficult. Hell it's not like Andy Cohen didn't just talk smack on this place a few months ago with Jeffery Self. People know it exists.

Moving on.

[quote]Very slim chance of the show getting renewed now. It didn't do as well as I suspect Amazon wanted it to.

It's weird people don't think the opposite since now they've freed up more money to either continue original programming or create new programs. Since the shows were similar, maybe it will be seen as the show actually worth investing in since Z is gone and they'll now at least have one kind of that program instead of two.

by Anonymousreply 8209/07/2017

How do you know Tycoon didn't do well? and maybe the sacrificed that show to save TLT?

by Anonymousreply 8309/07/2017

RE social media. Matt could certainly check for himself anytime he feels like it and also have a rep to check it when he doesn't have time or interest. Reading Twitter and threads like this one everyday could be time consuming and annoying. He may have private accts to communicate with friends & family, too. I don't even keep up all the time and I'm not famous!

by Anonymousreply 8409/07/2017

LOL people already declaring TLT in past tense wth? Of course, the Z was cancelled so TLT could live. Duh! I can bet money that The Last Tycoon gets a few more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 8509/07/2017

I check out Bomer DL threads from time to time , because the person who stalks Bomer on here always has the most up to date news on his projects. It's impressive and creepy, how closely this person follows the most minute aspects of his life, including extended family and friends. Once, I get up to date on projects and occasional pictures, there's not much to see here. Any thoughtful discussion is promptly derailed with stale commentary about ducklings, baby in closet, Botox, pretty but dull, can't act, pummeled with oranges, lack of ambition and rampant insecurity on Bomer's part. It's been exhaustively categorized and regurgitated for years now. I can't imagine what Bomer would gain from perusing these threads. But then that brings us to another favorite topic of discussion, his masochism.

by Anonymousreply 8609/07/2017

So true, R86. Hate the tired old memes and repetitive insults. Talk about running something into the ground!

by Anonymousreply 8709/07/2017

I'm not sure what y'all expect from Walking Out but it's a limited release which could mean it will come out on DVD and streaming for most markets. Not sure how many theaters will get a showing. Its great to see him in a not so pretty boy role.

Shame about Z...Don't think I will ever watch it but I still have hope for TLT.

by Anonymousreply 8809/07/2017

Is there any way to lobby Amazon for TNH? Besides posting a review.

by Anonymousreply 8909/07/2017

R89 You mean TLT?

by Anonymousreply 9009/07/2017

I've no idea how Amazon judges whether it should renew a show or not. If there are good numbers streaming the show and it gets good reviews then it's likely to get a renewal. I'd say it depends on whether people have continued to watch after the initial few weeks of debuting.

The lukewarm critic reviews probably didn't help TLT's popularity. Given that Amazon wants to restructure its programming in 2018 , a second season is a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 9109/07/2017

Do multiple viewings by the same people count in the numbers? Some fans are watching it again and again.

by Anonymousreply 9209/08/2017

R90 Yes, TLT. Brain fart. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 9309/08/2017

So Mointegemry .clift movie is not happening and TYT is almost cancelled . It seems like Matt's chances as leading man is almost over . He needs to audition for supporting roles / character role in CW shows but I think he is too proud to do that

by Anonymousreply 9409/08/2017

R92. No of unique viewers is counted

by Anonymousreply 9509/08/2017

New pics of Matt out in Los Angeles

by Anonymousreply 9609/08/2017

Mmmm! He has got some hips baby! Wonder what his suit size is? 🤔 40 Slim? 42 Slim? 32 waist? Medium shirts? Or Large to fit those biceps? 😜

by Anonymousreply 9709/08/2017

Look at that grey beard!

by Anonymousreply 9809/08/2017

He's resurfaced. Clearly enjoying his time off. No need for grooming.

by Anonymousreply 9909/08/2017

R98 Love the grey! Imagine the tickle!

by Anonymousreply 10009/08/2017

DADDY AF! MMMMMMM

by Anonymousreply 10109/08/2017

Has he ever looked hotter, not beautiful HOT.

by Anonymousreply 10209/08/2017

R101 Yaaasss! Daddy Please!!!

by Anonymousreply 10309/08/2017

That looks like Simon's beard

by Anonymousreply 10409/08/2017

Mmmm Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 10509/08/2017

He is not even 40 yet and he is looking old and his beard is already white. I think all the hair is in his head is already white too . But thats what a ;lifestyle full of booze , smoke and drug does to you

by Anonymousreply 10609/08/2017

Who are you talking about R106?

by Anonymousreply 10709/08/2017

A lot of people go grey by the time they are 40. Also he has very dark brown/almost black hair. People with dark hair go grey a lot more quicker than those with fairer hair; the colour just naturally fades. My brother is 28 and already has some grey in his beard and hair because he has darker hair. I've no idea of Bomer's lifestyle habits but if he led a really big boozey/drug lifestyle he would look way older than he does now.

by Anonymousreply 10809/08/2017

Ugly beard but man he looks gorgeous. Some lucky men look their best in their forties he'll be one o em.

by Anonymousreply 10909/08/2017

Beards usually turn grey before head hair does. Drinking/drugging causes facial aging but not grey hair. Is it gray or grey?

by Anonymousreply 11009/08/2017

Bring on the gray...grey!!!

by Anonymousreply 11109/09/2017

Gray-grey? What does it mean? His close up there is so hot!

by Anonymousreply 11209/09/2017

R112 Just that I think you can spell grey (British) gray (American) both ways 😉

by Anonymousreply 11309/09/2017

How do you spell Gor-jus?

by Anonymousreply 11409/09/2017

Like this!

by Anonymousreply 11509/09/2017

The journalist who tweeted out an angry email exchange between himself and Simon last year,which resulted in him getting suspended, wasn't holding back on TLT's cancellation. Someone still has sour grapes. What was Bomer's other flop?

by Anonymousreply 11609/09/2017

broken link R116

by Anonymousreply 11709/09/2017

I bet Matt saw this coming (the cancellation) and that's why he's stayed away from social media.

by Anonymousreply 11809/09/2017

Matt did say while promoting the show that he would be okay if the show ended with one season.

by Anonymousreply 11909/09/2017

R117 Hope this works . This guy REALLY hates Simon.

by Anonymousreply 12009/09/2017

Thanks R120! why does he hate Simon so much? I have no idea who this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 12109/09/2017

Well that's too bad 🙁 Now he's free to do the play 🤗

by Anonymousreply 12209/09/2017

Himself and Simon got into a fight last year because Sneider missed out on a scoop and blamed Simon. He tweeted out their email exchange where he called Simon an asshole. He was asked to take down the tweets by Slate as it contained Simon's email address but he didn't. He got suspended for two weeks. Guess he's still bitter.

by Anonymousreply 12309/09/2017

I got the impression Bomer wasn't overly thrilled with how the show turned out. He stated in interviews that he'd be ok with only one series and that he wished his character was a little darker. I mean, he gets a lead in a show and says he wouldn't mind only one season? And I know it's been discussed on the previous thread about his lack of promo/enthusiasm for the show over the last month, but that was an indicator itself. I know people will say, 'he was on vacation,' or 'he was just taking a break from social media' but he could have gotten someone else to Tweet or post for him during that time. I'd say he's very disappointed that the show got cancelled but he must have known it was a possibility, based on the reviews.

by Anonymousreply 12409/09/2017

I think Bomer definitely played it safe once the mediocre reviews came out. He seemed much more enthusiastic before that.

by Anonymousreply 12509/09/2017

I agree with the last comments, Matt played it safe on social media, he must've been disappointed about how it turned out and kept his distance, it was weird disappearing like that after having a new show premiering. His fans and the director were more enthusiastic than he ever was.

by Anonymousreply 12609/09/2017

Maybe Simon broke it to him gently and tenderly consoled him.

by Anonymousreply 12709/09/2017

Maybe Simon fucked his brains out so he wouldn't mind.

by Anonymousreply 12809/09/2017

He most likely sensed that it would be a tough sell for a renewal and didn't have high hopes. Maybe he didn't want a second season because he wasn't happy with the first one and was disappointed about the end result. Waste of an opportunity there for him. Billy Ray tweeted almost daily about Matt and the show and I don't think Matt responded once. Almost trying to distance himself from it.

by Anonymousreply 12909/09/2017

The problem with doing a TV series on Amazon is the production schedule can appear whenever it wants to and the show will air whenever they decide. They don't have traditional seasons.

So, as he mentioned, if the show was going to be renewed he would have been limited to what he could do between seasons because of the contract.

Gabourey Sidibe mentioned she could only do three episodes of Difficult People, which she was previously a regular on, because of her contract with Empire where she is currently a regular.

If he wasn't that thrilled about the show in the first place, it would have sucked to have to pass on other opportunities during that time.

by Anonymousreply 13009/09/2017

I'd say he'll be happy to get a chance to do the play now. It was probably contingent on whether the show would get a renewal or not. I'd say he sensed the show wouldn't do anything for him (awards/recognition wise) so maybe there's some slight relief that he's not tied down to a show for another year when he could do other projects. Hopefully he can pick up a few decent gigs over the next year.

Even his promo for the pilot was more enthusiastic than for the season. He wanted the pilot to succeed to get a series but didn't have the heart this time around.

by Anonymousreply 13109/09/2017

I wonder how the show would have done if it had been released week by week in the traditional way. It kept getting better as it went along. When viewers can binge the whole thing in a few days, it kind of changes things. There's no chance to pick up momentum and critical approval as it goes on.

by Anonymousreply 13209/09/2017

Matt ignored Billy Ray BIG TIME on Twitter. I wonder what's up.

by Anonymousreply 13309/09/2017

R130 it's a standard practice that you can make a max three guest appearances on another program if you're a regular on a show

by Anonymousreply 13409/09/2017

RE Todd Snyder campaign: Remember the speculation on DL when Matt was seen taking the ferry to Fire Island sans Simon? Guess it was just business.

by Anonymousreply 13509/09/2017

I doubt Matt had a falling out with Billy Ray but he definitely wasn't playing the same promo game as the creator was. He did have a Twitter break so he was not just ignoring Ray. Ray definitely was a little OTT when it came to tweets about Matt;nearly a tweet or two a day. I get it was just to promote the show but it was also like, "dude....chill". Especially when Matt wasn't acknowledging it ha.

Any sightings of Simon lately? (Besides the one at Billie Lourd's magazine cover launch event). He's been MIA from any appearance with Matt since May.

by Anonymousreply 13609/09/2017

Oh no, maybe Matt has troubles at home, too.

by Anonymousreply 13709/09/2017

Oh no problems between Matt and hubby? Is that why he's unshaven and unkempt?

by Anonymousreply 13809/09/2017

God, what a bad year for Bomer if there were issues at home. It was promising at the start but now with a show cancellation, marital problems would just be awful.

Ok there isn't really much evidence to suggest that there are problems with Simon; the social media silence from Bomer probably is just making everyone curious as to what is up with him. He was wearing his wedding ring in those photos this week.

by Anonymousreply 13909/09/2017

Problems with Matt and Simon? No. I think people are just looking way too much into Matt and Simon being M.I.A from social media and events.

by Anonymousreply 14009/09/2017

So Matt's just tired of being famous and vants to be left alone?

by Anonymousreply 14109/09/2017

[quote]So Matt's just tired of being famous and vants to be left alone?

He said in interview that he was going to take a break for a year. (Granted that might change now that TLT is cancelled and his contractual obligation was up.)

I'm not sure why that can't be the explanation for his absence.

by Anonymousreply 14209/09/2017

Right, but why does he want to take a break for a year?

by Anonymousreply 14309/09/2017

[quote]Right, but why does he want to take a break for a year?

He said he wanted to spend time with the kids because they were at an interesting age. He has also been working a lot from Anything to Last Tycoon to directing an episode of a show etc. [and probably not around as much as he'd like?] Then again, all that could change because it's not like he has a show to go back to now or his options are once again limited by being under contract. Plus the Ryan Murphy play should be going forward next year so he'd have to move to NY and leave them for a few months again since they should be in school back in California.

by Anonymousreply 14409/09/2017

Existential crisis isn't that what he said? He'll be back no worries. I like him and wish him success.

by Anonymousreply 14509/09/2017

Cancellation of TYT is major blow to Matt's career as a leading man

by Anonymousreply 14609/09/2017

I meant TLT

by Anonymousreply 14709/09/2017

Billy Ray says they will seek another venue. Is he just in denial?

by Anonymousreply 14809/09/2017

R148, yes

by Anonymousreply 14909/09/2017

Could be! Another network could take it. Wasn't a total dud.

by Anonymousreply 15009/09/2017

It's possible another network could take it but its not likely. It happened with The Mindy Project and to go back, Buffy The Vampire Slayer. But those shows were already established and had a loyal fanbase. Plus it was only for a their last season or two seasons. I don't see many networks taking a risk with TLT. The production costs alone must be staggering.

by Anonymousreply 15109/09/2017

I would Bomer is upset that the show didn't give him the chance to shine. It was his first opportunity since White Collar to be in a leading TV role and really establish himself as a serious actor. But now, he's probably back in the same position as he was when White Collar ended. Shame. Hopefully Walking Out can be at least an indie hit and get him more film work. I assume Anything is dead in the water?

by Anonymousreply 15209/09/2017

What makes an indie hit? It's not a wide release. How hit can it get?

by Anonymousreply 15309/09/2017

I hardly mean that it it will be a worldwide success but more that its that well reviewed and gets a good reception. A lot of films fly under the radar but get a good response from critics.

by Anonymousreply 15409/10/2017

Matt really needs to pull his big boy pants up and start auditioning hard for various roles. however he seems very passive and easygoing and not driven . Almost every project he did, he got through his husband . he needs to stop relying on Simon and start networking in industry on his own

by Anonymousreply 15509/10/2017

Duckling will ALWAYS get work through Ryan Murphy. Murphy has about ten different shows on right now, he will end up on one.

by Anonymousreply 15609/10/2017

We don't know how many auditions or castings Matt goes through. He could go to a good few and be unsuccessful so has to rely on Simon's connections. You swear he was the only actor to get roles in because of his who he knows. There's a few roles he got without Simon's connections; Magic Mike, The Nice Guys, The Last Tycoon and I'm guessing White Collar perhaps?

He could do well in Ryan Murphy roles if Murphy wrote him decent parts. Murphy is more invested in Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters.

by Anonymousreply 15709/10/2017

Hope he gets back in the spotlight soon. Age 40 is not the time to drop out. He's in his prime. Kids respect healthy professionally successful parents. Especially as they grow into teens, they don't want to be their parent's sole focus.

by Anonymousreply 15809/10/2017

You swear he's been away from the spotlight for months and months. It's only been 5 or 6 weeks. He had a hectic busy first half of 2018; nothing wrong with spending time with his family for a little while. I can't imagine he was around as much as he wanted from January to the summer. Who's to say he's not working on a project now? Just because he's not using much social media doesn't mean he's being a 24/7 dad.

by Anonymousreply 15909/10/2017

He has a history of not saying much about what he is currently working on unless it is part of the p.r. for the project.

by Anonymousreply 16009/10/2017

I'd say he'll be a little more active again in a week or so. He only really ramped up his social media from April onwards for TLT. He's usually quite enough when working on projects.

by Anonymousreply 16109/10/2017

[quote]It's possible another network could take it but its not likely. It happened with The Mindy Project and to go back, Buffy The Vampire Slayer. But those shows were already established and had a loyal fanbase.

Shows get uncancelled and moved all the time. It just happened with Timeless which was canceled and then uncanceled. Supergirl moved from ABC to the CW. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt went from an NBC pilot & series to a Netflix series before it even aired. (Which was why no one ever used curse words in season 1) There are about 40 other examples in the past decade or so. Most of those shows were not established.

While I don't think it will happen with TLT -- because of the budget. It's still, ultimately, Billy Ray's baby so of course he's going to try. He'd be foolish if he didn't. At the least he may be able to swing a two hour movie out of it.

by Anonymousreply 16209/10/2017

Problem is I don't see Bomer or Lily Collins waiting around. They are up and coming actors unlike other shows with "has been" stars, they will move on to the next thing as they should.

by Anonymousreply 16309/10/2017

I'm sure there's a clause in their contract that will allow them to take other roles pretty quickly if the show is canceled. They can't afford to wait around for months in the hope that the show will get picked up on another network. Lilly already has a role as JR Tolkien's wife in a new film.

I'd say the show's budget was a massive factor for it not getting renewed. Period dramas are so expensive. Had it been a regular run of the mill drama it may have been able to salvage a second season. Z was renewed in April and then got the chopping block when Amazon decided to spend its budget on other shows. TLT met the same fate.

by Anonymousreply 16409/10/2017

Or the actors may have to be available if the show gets picked up on another network/site within a certain amount of time. Don't see any other streaming site that would take on TLT, unless they knew it would bring in awards or huge veiwership numbers. It's too costly to take a chance.

by Anonymousreply 16509/10/2017

Could somewone produce it as a weekly episodic show?

by Anonymousreply 16609/10/2017

As posters have been saying, it's a pretty expensive show. They'd have to slash the budget big time for another network to pick it up. It was originally meant for HBO so I doubt they'd go near it again. Netflix canceled one of it's most expensive series and I don't think the show would really be the site's vibe.

by Anonymousreply 16709/10/2017

Too bad. I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 16809/10/2017

It's a shame. The show had potential. Feel bad for Matt. It was a big opportunity for him to really establish himself and now he's back to the drawing board.

by Anonymousreply 16909/10/2017

He seems to enjoy doing a lot of diverse projects, so maybe he won't mind too much. Wish they would be bring back White Collar!

by Anonymousreply 17009/10/2017

Wouldn't mind a once-off White Collar episode or a mini season. Another show that lost out because the network restructured its programming.

by Anonymousreply 17109/10/2017

White Collar died because the network wanted Bomer gone.

Suits from the "Blue Sky" era is still on.

by Anonymousreply 17209/10/2017

Because he came out?

by Anonymousreply 17309/11/2017

He came out in 2011. The show lasted until 2014. If they wanted him gone the show wouldn't have gotten a 5th or 6th season. The network would have obviously known about his personal life from the get go.

by Anonymousreply 17409/11/2017

Some of Matt Bomer fans are not just in denial . They have become complete delusional and unhinged . When I said TLT is not coming back and no other channel would take it since it is very expensive . Then One frau fan of bomer tweeted me this

[quote]you are in deeep stooopid!! TLT will be born anew and will shine shine shine...Go put it on TCM with the other ARTWORK...Love TLT!!

by Anonymousreply 17509/11/2017

Of lot of his fans are putting petitions together and are tweeting other networks to pick up the shows. It's just fans being fans. It'd be worse if no one was even annoyed about it.

Wonder will Bomer say anything about it over the next week or just keep quiet until he gets asked about it in a interview?

by Anonymousreply 17609/11/2017

Hmm, one of these looks out of place.

by Anonymousreply 17709/11/2017

Simon has very strange dead eyes

by Anonymousreply 17809/11/2017

Simon doesn't really photo well. He's always looked better in videos, particularly when he was in his 40's.

by Anonymousreply 17909/11/2017

R174 I still think his sexuality had something to do with it though . Once it became clear that he was gay the show pushed Neal into a relationship with that airhead Sara Ellis . They had anti chemistry together , the opposite of what Neal had with fellow thief Alex . Neal as a character didn't need a relationship to begin with and if they wanted him to have a girlfriend why not Alex ? They worked well together .

by Anonymousreply 18009/11/2017

I thought Alex was a wasted opportunity in the show. She was a good character. But from the start of the show, Neal was always a 'relationship-type' guy. He was with Kate and he made reference that he wanted to settle down with her. The show marketed Neal as a charmer and ladies guy, but that never really came to fruition in the show, even in season 1. Most shows always try to pair off the leading man, even just temporary half-season long romances to engage viewers,

His sexuality could have played a part in the show's demise but I doubt the network was in the dark about his sexuality as some people seem to believe.

by Anonymousreply 18109/11/2017

I don't believe his sexuality had a single thing to do with it. Neal was very popular among female viewers.

by Anonymousreply 18209/11/2017

White Collar went on for far too long. It was getting boring and I think Bomer was happy to be done with it. As Neal Caffrey he was sexy as hell is what lead to the whole Christian Grey craziness.

by Anonymousreply 18309/11/2017

[quote]Wouldn't mind a once-off White Collar episode or a mini season. Another show that lost out because the network restructured its programming.

He literally said himself that the network restructured and White Collar ended because of that.

But here we go with the, it was him being openly gay thing, even though the show was on for years after he came out.

by Anonymousreply 18409/11/2017

R177 Funny Bomer always does the lean in....He's never actually close to anyone. Love that Joe is in the middle. Heheh! 😜

by Anonymousreply 18509/11/2017

R183 I agree it went on too long and was going in a darker direction. Season 5 was just off. Hell I didn't even watch it when it was on Network TV because I thought Neal was gonna be a pretty boy asshole. It wasn't until I saw The Normal Heart until I went back and watched his other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 18609/11/2017

Some people are obsessed with the idea that the network "took revenge" on Bomer for his sexuality. It's weird. Just because he wasn't out in public doesn't mean he wasn't in private. There is a difference between a celeb's public and private persona. Besides, Halls were on set a few times from the early days. There's zero chance the network didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 18709/11/2017

Just good friends

by Anonymousreply 18809/11/2017

Well they've know each other nearly 20 years. Matt is a very touchy feely guy with most people. Except his husband.

by Anonymousreply 18909/12/2017

He does seem to enjoy his friends a lot more. He's almost at the 7 year itch of marriage.

by Anonymousreply 19009/12/2017

The only time we've seen Matt being affectionate with Simon is when they're where on holiday. They never really look comfortable posing at events. Given Matt's touchy feely nature, I imagine he still is not comfortable being that coupley with Simon. Or they just aren't a hugely affectionate pairing.

They're married 6 years this month yeah? And they've been together for more than 10 years

by Anonymousreply 19109/12/2017

I see the Bomer stalker has started another thread. With the demise of TLT, the knives are being ever so sharpened. Next they'll have Matt on suicide watch.

by Anonymousreply 19209/12/2017

[quote]Matt is a very touchy feely guy with most people. Except his husband

Understandable , specially in the case when you marry your husband only for his power, money an most important due to his connection and now you are stuck with him .

by Anonymousreply 19309/12/2017

Again with the "Simon had money, power and connections" spiel. Out of all those things, he only really has connections. Bomer could have easily just been a bit on the side for Halls if he needed to get work in Hollywood. He had already been cast as Superman before he got with Halls, I'd say he met some influential people at that time. All of whom would have gotten Bomer a much sweeter deal than being a B list TV star.

by Anonymousreply 19409/12/2017

The Bomer stalker had its feelings horribly hurt by Simon years ago , Matt is just collateral damage. The real target is and always will be Simon Halls, no matter how many Bomer threads blossom on the DL. Wounds like the stalker never really heal, I hear.

by Anonymousreply 19509/12/2017

What happened with Simon and this person?

by Anonymousreply 19609/12/2017

I wish Bomer would look at me the way he's looking at Joe in R188.

by Anonymousreply 19709/12/2017

I wish Bomer would look at me

by Anonymousreply 19809/12/2017

I don't think I could handle Bomer actually looking at me. Probably would get lost in the eyes😜

by Anonymousreply 19909/12/2017

He has such crazy intense eyes like he'll fuck your brains out

by Anonymousreply 20009/12/2017

As if!!!!! 🤗

by Anonymousreply 20109/12/2017

Matt looking very happy with Simon

by Anonymousreply 20209/12/2017

I respect celebrity couples who are not into PDA, they are the genuine long lasting ones. unlike actors who constantly whore out their relationships which are usually fake fakeries anyways.

by Anonymousreply 20309/12/2017

I doubt if they would have stayed together this long if it wasn't working for them. They seem very supportive of each other.

by Anonymousreply 20409/12/2017

I'm sure it's like every other marriage. There are good times and there times it takes work. When it's challenging you book a weekend trip with the boys to let loose.

by Anonymousreply 20509/12/2017

R205 understands life. Nothing is as perfect as Hollywood would like you to believe. Marriage is tough and I've been through shit with my husband but we still love each other and are in a really good place right now. It'll get rocky again at some point. The reason so many people get divorced is bc they buy into the movie, fictionalized version of perfect love. It doesn't exist. Not for me and certainly not for an actor living a public life.

by Anonymousreply 20609/12/2017

What do they fight about? Surely they have household help for all the little household hassles, and they probably don't fight about money. So, is it jealousy, feeling neglected or put down, resentment of the other's success, annoying habits, not enough sex, too much sex, arguments about how to raise the kids....? We'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 20709/12/2017

Duckling married a surrogate father figure. The vibe between his friends he has from college and his husband is totally different.

by Anonymousreply 20809/12/2017

People will always fight about money! The more you have the more you disagree with what to do with it. Work schedules always a problem. Especially when one travels a lot and when there are kids. Because one is doing more than the other. And any habits that don't match...my partner is 10 years older than me and is sometimes in bed by 9pm and doesn't want the TV on when he sleeps. Who knows what they are like but you know they have to have some of the same issues we all have.

by Anonymousreply 20909/12/2017

His relationship with Simon is the one aspect of his life that he still remains intensely private about. Most other areas of his life-growing up, coming out, his family's reaction, work life and his children-he has gradually opened up more and talked about but his marriage is still a no go zone. We don't actually know anything about the relationship. All just speculation.

by Anonymousreply 21009/12/2017

R210 Yes you're right. Just speculation but they are lucky they can be somewhat normal. No one is really stalking them to find out.

by Anonymousreply 21109/12/2017

R206 totally agree. It can be tough sometimes but is so worth it. (At least for my husband and me it is)

by Anonymousreply 21209/12/2017

I think Matt will open up at some point. He likes to share bits and pieces slowly. But he seems very protective of Simon and the boys so he will always be somewhat guarded. I respect that.

by Anonymousreply 21309/12/2017

You also have to think that Simon is a private person too. Although he works in the industry, he seems more comfortable behind-the-scenes. It's probably easier for him to do his job the less he is in the spotlight. He said so himself that publicists shouldn't be celebs themselves.

by Anonymousreply 21409/12/2017

The clues that they have an affectionate relationship are Simon's lighthearted comments on Matt's Instagrams, the adoring way they look at each other, and Simon's protective arm around Matt's shoulders or hand on his back in most pics. Haven't seen them together for a few months now, though.

by Anonymousreply 21509/12/2017

R245, are you a woman? Don't mind i am just curious

by Anonymousreply 21609/12/2017

Think the last time they were pictured together was in May? At some art event? I do think that it was a strategic thing for Simon to fall back during the promo for TLT. He was playing a leading man who was meant to be a bit of heartthrob.

Although is Simon isn't present at premiere or big screening for Walking Out or any event over the next two months you do have to wonder.

by Anonymousreply 21709/12/2017

I wonder why The Nice Guys wasn't a bigger hit. It's on HBO now. Do actors get paid more for that?

by Anonymousreply 21809/13/2017

The Nice Guys was such a good film. It's on Netflix too. Do actors get paid more if their film goes onto streaming sites? Actors usually get residual pay for most TV/roles they are in. So if a film goes onto a streaming site, an actor gets a cheque for that. Same if with a TV show if its online or syndicated. All depends on their union or contract I guess, not too sure of the ins or outs of the payments.

by Anonymousreply 21909/13/2017

Matt to be a presenter at the Emmys

by Anonymousreply 22009/13/2017

His first event in over a month. Summer hibernation is over. Guess that grey beard will be gone too.

by Anonymousreply 22109/13/2017

I wonder why he didn't do anything with the Hand in Hand fundraiser. Do you have to be invited?

I don't want the beard to go. He looks so good when he's a little messy 😜

by Anonymousreply 22209/13/2017

Once when he disappeared for awhile, it turned out he had gone to Peru to climb Mach Piccu with his friend. He posted pictures from Lima, though. I think he's just bored with his fans now.

by Anonymousreply 22309/13/2017

He said he wanted to take a break. That could have included social media too. He was very active throughout the summer for TLT and maybe he just wanted a bit of time away from it. We don't really know what he's been up to since August (except directing and a vacation). He could be working on something. Plus, he'll have to do promo for Walking Out soon so he might have wanted a few weeks to rest from TLT promotion. We'll see soon whether he picks up his social media use. It must be exhausting at times, especially for someone who, 90% of the time, only uses social media for PR purposes.

by Anonymousreply 22409/13/2017

Mmmm

by Anonymousreply 22509/14/2017

He looks good in that pick. Not the worst person to pick to front a fashion campaign.

by Anonymousreply 22609/14/2017

I prefer this view! I seriously just can't even!

by Anonymousreply 22709/14/2017

Love this picture of them.

by Anonymousreply 22809/15/2017

R228. I bet you have a picture of Simon Halls taking a shit.

by Anonymousreply 22909/15/2017

Ah, no. Do you, R229?

by Anonymousreply 23009/15/2017

Matt's new Twitter Avatar

by Anonymousreply 23109/17/2017

Emmy ready

by Anonymousreply 23209/17/2017

So cool! Must be fun to be them.

by Anonymousreply 23309/17/2017

Wow they are looking so old . Specially Simon

by Anonymousreply 23409/17/2017

You think he looks old? I think he looks sexy AF.

by Anonymousreply 23509/17/2017

R232 They look like the Men in Black.

by Anonymousreply 23609/17/2017

R235 Yaaas!!! The gray! I'm dying! 🔥🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 23709/17/2017

R232 Wow Simon is a big dude! The things he must do! 😜

by Anonymousreply 23809/17/2017

This seriously breaks my heart

by Anonymousreply 23909/19/2017

why?

by Anonymousreply 24009/19/2017

grandpa AF

by Anonymousreply 24109/19/2017

Why R239? Simon always looks like he's half-dust.

by Anonymousreply 24209/19/2017

"Ill never stop giving the same interview over and over!" vows Duckling

by Anonymousreply 24309/19/2017

243 you dipshit asshole. It's the same person so it's the same information. It's a new magazine with many reading about him for the first time. Not everyone is a fanatic like you obsessed dumass.

by Anonymousreply 24409/19/2017

Nice pose

by Anonymousreply 24509/19/2017

Simon on Matt's instagram

by Anonymousreply 24609/20/2017

Still in love it seems. Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 24709/20/2017

R243 I think it's sweet he's finally gonna be the stay at home daddy!

R246 Damn is right! Lucky fucking bastard!

by Anonymousreply 24809/20/2017

He didn't say he was going to be a stay-at-home dad; but rather he wants to spend more time with his kids. That doesn't equate to not working but probably not doing as many projects. Considering he said he might be doing a play on Broadway next year, it would be hard to be stay-at-home dad when he is in another state as his kids.

by Anonymousreply 24909/20/2017

He's a basic never been actor whose only claim to fame is a third rated basic cable show who also can't play straight convincingly .

by Anonymousreply 25009/20/2017

LOL @ the Bomerfraus desperate to turn Matty into a woman

Sorry Bomerfrauen, but Mark Ruffalo already beat you to it!

by Anonymousreply 25109/20/2017

R250 You forgot to mention how ugly he is.

by Anonymousreply 25209/20/2017

R250 Someone's bitter lol

I think last year was hard on him. Two indies, one of which he was vehemently attacked by the trans force, one cable show now cancelled. I think he's probably just tired.

by Anonymousreply 25309/20/2017

Does anyone on here know what sarcasm is??? Of course he's not going to stop working but obviously he's going to be selective so guess what. He's a stay at home daddy right now isnt he? And who are you calling Bomerfraus!

by Anonymousreply 25409/20/2017

R253 am I wrong ?

by Anonymousreply 25509/20/2017

R255 I wish you were. But I haven't seen Walking Out yet so...and even though that character doesn't need to be straight. I will have to wait and see if he can play a mountain man convincingly. Maybe he doesn't really get great rolls to choose from?

by Anonymousreply 25609/20/2017

Taking a sabbatical from acting does not make him a stay at home dad genius! Stay at home parent is one whose career is to stay home and take care of kids. There are other ways actors work. All actors have downtime periods. so what.

by Anonymousreply 25709/20/2017

Agreed, but he's the one who said in one of his interviews that he'd just like to stay home and be a full time dad.

by Anonymousreply 25809/20/2017

A stay at home parent doesn't have to stay at home forever! During his sabbatical he could be considered be a stay a home dad. Even if it's temporary. Even though I was being sarcastic because yes it's a stretch.

But I really think he will be selective in the projects he chooses because he wants to be there every day when they come home from school and be a full time dad. More so than a regular parent with a full time job.

by Anonymousreply 25909/20/2017

Wonder if Simon works long hours?

by Anonymousreply 26009/20/2017

He kinda looks like a workaholic. I don't know much about his business tho ?

by Anonymousreply 26109/20/2017

Well a publicist pretty much has to be on call 24/7 if something happens with one of their clients. I mean think back to Carrie Fisher's death; Halls released a statement to the press on behalf of Billie Lourd early in the morning the day after Christmas. I can imagine Halls is on his emails a lot at home in the evenings too. Although given this stage in his career and the fact that he's a partner at Slate, he probably has assistants and junior publicists to do a lot of work on his behalf.

by Anonymousreply 26209/20/2017

Publicists typically work long and unusual hours, because many events and premieres they are needed for are in the evenings. Although a publicist has assistants, their clients would expect them, the publicist, to be the hand holder whenever possible.

by Anonymousreply 26309/21/2017

Rich Hollywood people are all alike, they have nannies to prepare the children's breakfasts.

There are two types of parents, those who constantly talk about how they want to spend more time with their children, and those who do it. Despite Duckling's yammering, he still takes trips without children, went to South America with college friend, now wants to do Broadway play which would keep him away for months. He is no different than many people in the industry who want to "have it all" which includes copious self-nurturing,

by Anonymousreply 26409/21/2017

Better for the kiddies than having harried, overworked, unfulfilled resentful parents who can't afford help, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 26509/21/2017

Didn't he go to South America for like a week and a half or something? You swear he went for 2 months. He's been saying he wants to be more selective to spend time with the kids. And he wanted to take some time off for the next few months probably because he knows he will be away for a few months next year. I mean realistically during his White Collar years, Simon was obviously the primary caregiver along with a nanny. But that happens in most families when a parent has to travel a lot for work. We don't know how much time either Simon or Matt spends away from the kids. Probably the same amount as most Hollywood families.

by Anonymousreply 26609/21/2017

Stfu people stfu up just because they are public figures doesn't mean that they need to be discussed so freely in public

by Anonymousreply 26709/21/2017

R267 This is Datalounge! Gossip is what we do here. What anybody says here is just that and has zero effect on their lives, so calm down.

by Anonymousreply 26809/21/2017

I love gossiping about Bomer-Halls the sexy duo. Just wish the duckling troll's miserable non-life would get another obsession so he/she would stop shitting on here with his predictable diatribe.

by Anonymousreply 26909/21/2017

R269 I don't think it'd just Duckling troll 🤡

by Anonymousreply 27009/21/2017

Cover Boy!

by Anonymousreply 27109/23/2017

That's a lot of front pages!! Lot of outfit changes that day. Promo for Walking Out begins so.

by Anonymousreply 27209/23/2017

He's too old to work the casting couch now. Hence the drying up of roles. He might be a nice guy and nice to look at but he's boring as fuck onscreen. The only ones who obsess over him are obese fraus.

by Anonymousreply 27309/23/2017

Harsh. He was the star of show this year. Has a movie coming out next month and is most likely doing a play on Broadway next year. That's not too bad a for TV actor. He was hardly in high demand 5 years ago either.

by Anonymousreply 27409/23/2017

The star of show this year? What?

He has a movie coming out next month? So do a lot of actors. Eric Roberts probably has five.

He's most likely doing a play on Broadway next year? You mean like Derek Hough who was supposed to do Singing In the Rain until it fell apart and he went crawling back to reality TV?

Not too bad for a TV actor? Yes, he's a one-time TV actor who had one hit movie (Magic Mike) and a sequel that flopped. Then why does he get media attention that's way above what he deserves? There are far better and more accomplished and more famous actors than him who get a fraction of the media attention Bomer does. Bomer is propped up by the gay media. If he looked like Nathan Lane he wouldn't be.

He was fun in AHS: Hotel but only because he got his ass out.

The best he can do now is model for some low rent companies and be Simon's trophy wife before he gets too old and is dumped for a younger model.

by Anonymousreply 27509/23/2017

Can taste the bitterness off that post lol. Who cares about his lack of big-time success? His visibility in the media isn't hurting anyone. He's hardly in the headlines every day. He pops up every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 27609/23/2017

You obviously care R276 because you keep starting threads about the guy in an attempt to make fetch happen.

by Anonymousreply 27709/23/2017

I don't start the threads-just comment now and then. I don't give that much of a shit so as to get angry about the dude's career.

by Anonymousreply 27809/23/2017

R275 The only one who seems to be especially emotionally invested here is you. If you don't like Matt Bomer, why don't you just scroll on by or put the thread on Ignore and leave the people who like to talk about him alone. If you read through this thread, you would know that not everything posted about him is positive. You seem to be trying too hard to minimize his career though.

by Anonymousreply 27909/23/2017

Matt and Simon will ❤️ each other 4ever!!!

by Anonymousreply 28009/23/2017

R279 - I actually don't mind Bomer but I am puzzled by how much undeserved media attention he gets. Just as I do the Kardashians and other certain media pets. One would think Bomer was up there with Tom Cruise box office wise based on the attention and slavish devotion he receives.

by Anonymousreply 28109/23/2017

He's hot at fuck. Probably the hottest actor right now. Everyone seems to love him. Seems crazy but he does have a certain charisma. The troll has been saying the same thing over and over for years. He loves Bomer but hates Halls.

by Anonymousreply 28209/23/2017

Everyone hates Halls. That's why Matt's career is in the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 28309/23/2017

Does Bomer really get that much attention though? I've only see articles or social media posts about him during promo work or at some event. I'm sure most people probably wouldn't know much about him if they've never seen any of his work.

by Anonymousreply 28409/23/2017

The Bomer Halls stalker is in predictable form today, ginning up comments for lagging threads it created. The overwhelming number of DL threads and posts regarding Bomer are created by the stalker, nourished and attended to with great care and sick devotion. The stalker is usually at fever pitch when there is any news about Bomer, even a tweet; or when people tire of the tedium posted on the myriad threads its created.

by Anonymousreply 28509/23/2017

He's married to a publicist, R281. That might have something to do with it. Anyway, he's photogenic and inoffensive and he's a poster guy for gay marriage and fatherhood.

by Anonymousreply 28609/23/2017

He's vanilla too, which makes him inoffensive. He's smart enough to not to rock the boat and only give glimpses of his life away. He's too private/guarded for anyone to get a real idea of his life. All PR at the end of the day, as with most stars. No one ever is the same in private as the image they portray in public life.

by Anonymousreply 28709/23/2017

I suspect Matt is considerably more emotional in his personal life and puts up a shield in public. Who can blame him? It has to be stressful to have people examining and critiquing everything about you. That may be the price of celebrity but he must wonder sometimes if it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 28809/23/2017

"He's too private/guarded for anyone to get a real idea of his life."

Yes he's private. Anyone with a real respectable life is usually private about it.

"No one ever is the same in private as the image they portray in public life."

Of course not LOL!

Imga

by Anonymousreply 28909/23/2017

He seems content enough with level of fame/attention that he has now. If he wanted more of it he'd use social media more frequently or make more public appearances.

by Anonymousreply 29009/24/2017

Jesus what's up with so many celebrities milking the situation making videos of themselves showing support for Puerto Rico, Mexico etc? I find it so cheesy. Respect Bomer for not going that direction.

by Anonymousreply 29109/24/2017

Nothing wrong with celebs trying to raise awareness. Both Puerto Rico and Mexico were badly affected by the hurricane/earthquake. Bomer did tweet about it with his classic 'sending thoughts and prayers' message. Then he posted a link of how to send aid. Bomer isn't really a video message guy I guess. He did one or two videos for Project ALS but obviously he has personal ties with that organisation.

by Anonymousreply 29209/24/2017

R292 It's just a shame that those same celebrities don't ensure that they money they're helping to raise actually go to who they're supposedly being raised for.

by Anonymousreply 29309/24/2017

Shade at Bomer and Halls by Dynasty actor Gordon Thomson

"Thomson says that out actor Matt Bomer, who he thinks is extraordinarily good-looking and talented, has the latitude to be open “because he has a rich, successful husband. He doesn’t need his work to live,” as Thomson did and still does."

by Anonymousreply 29409/25/2017

He is right. Matt have option to become a home make r . Mr Thompson didn't have this advantage

by Anonymousreply 29509/25/2017

Being with Halls clearly was of benefit to Bomer in the early days of White Collar as Halls's media influence probably shielded Bomer from reporters but the notion that Bomer doesn't have to worry about work because Halls is so successful is a bit of a stretch. He wouldn't have stayed in the closet for that many years if he wasn't concerned that being gay would hurt his career.

by Anonymousreply 29609/25/2017

Bomer is smart! Chose a Daddy who can take care of him long after his beauty fades or if he didn't make it big. He can choose what he wants and the money is icing on the cake. He got a job to pay for the kids when they were little now he can relax. Hall's salary and his savings can pay for their needs now and he's free to do as he pleases.

by Anonymousreply 29709/25/2017

Does Halls earn that much though? At this stage, Bomer has to out earn Halls?

by Anonymousreply 29809/25/2017

Closeted actors obviously want to shade an out and married gay actor that makes them look bad.. It's no secret that Bomer continues to struggle inspite of being talented and handsome. He would be in the league of A listers if he wasn't married. Making money is the least of his concern I'd think. For someone like Bomer making money isn't hard. He could settle into a TV show that on for years on. Why do people think Halls is rich? Publicists make good money but no where close to an average tv actor.

by Anonymousreply 29909/25/2017

He earns plenty! More than me and I can support 2 kids in private school and have a savings for college. They only needed Bomers money for the surrogacy. It's a healthy steady income.

by Anonymousreply 30009/25/2017

'Bomer's money for the surrogacy?' All the kids were born before Bomer would have started getting regular enough paychecks. Halls' salary probably covered most of surrogacy costs. Bomer has to be a bigger earner now.

Besides there are other out actors like NPH and Zachary Quinto who are a lot more open about their relationships and have decent careers without the need of a 'rich, successful husband' to fall back on.

by Anonymousreply 30109/25/2017

Never said he was rich! Just that he makes enough for his spouse not to work. Gives Bomer room to be more selective and take time off.

by Anonymousreply 30209/25/2017

Was talking about Thompson's comments. There are other out actors who are more open than Bomer, like NPH and Quinto, who don't have a husband to fall back on if works dries up. Thompson's comment about Bomer doesn't hold up when you look at those guys.

by Anonymousreply 30309/25/2017

Well Quinto doesn't have kids and has his trophy boyfriend. NPH has had more success especially on Broadway. He is the bread winner for his family so you can't compare.

by Anonymousreply 30409/25/2017

But at this stage, doesn't Matt bring in more money? The statement would make more sense if Simon was a big studio head or something. Would have made more sense if Thomson had said that Matt could rely on connections and had a better footing than most actors.

by Anonymousreply 30509/25/2017

At this stage probably but when they first met he was just getting started. He picked a man who had a great steady career. So if he didn't make it he would still be comfortable. Simon's steady paycheck is more than enough for a family and is consistent. Unlike Quinto's bf or David(what does he even do). Bomer can quit anytime now and just disappear. Quinto and NPH are the bread winners so they can't just quit.

by Anonymousreply 30609/25/2017

Oh for fucks sake not this again

Halls was comfortable but not rich when he got together with Bomer, he had a house in Sunset Flats in Hollywood which is not a glamorous location (intersection of Sunset and Orange Grove if you want to Google Street View). Bomer’s earning would have eclipsed Halls by third or fourth season of White Collar. The two Magic Mike movies probably were his most significant earners, and he was probably very decently paid for Last Tycoon.

Thompson’s comments are ill-informed but the guy is like 100.

by Anonymousreply 30709/25/2017

Call me crazy, but I think Matt married Simon because they love each other.

by Anonymousreply 30809/25/2017

Simon is his father-lover.

by Anonymousreply 30909/25/2017

R309 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 31009/25/2017

No way Bomer can quit R306=idiot. Have no idea how much it costs to private school and raise kids in Los Angeles? Simon can maybe quit but I'm guessing they both love their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 31109/25/2017

I do because I'm doing it! Of course they love their jobs and won't quit. But Thomson is not far off in his statement. We all choose someone for a reason and it's obvious to me Bomer wanted someone older and wiser and it didn't hurt that he was connected. As time went on of course he made bank. And they obviously are very comfortable now. But it's also obvious Simon will always have a salary until he retires and Bomer can now be much more selective now to spend more time with his family.

by Anonymousreply 31209/25/2017

You know, their net worth is in the millions. At some point, private school tuition, etc. is affordable and investments generate more money. They are not struggling to make ends meet!

by Anonymousreply 31309/25/2017

"But it's also obvious Simon will always have a salary until he retires and Bomer can now be much more selective now to spend more time with his family."

Nothing is "obvious" idiot. Bomer can be selective because he's made tons of money & good investments I'm sure. He seems to want to go into production, make more money. He'll always work I'm sure, longer than Simon as he's younger too. Simon is a lucky bastard that's all.

by Anonymousreply 31409/25/2017

No you're the idiot who can't understand that Bomer would not be where he is today without Simon. Simon had the steady job that allowed Bomer to go after his dream. He made millions and I'm sure invested and they are both lucky. But if Bomer chose someone who he had to support it would not be the same.

by Anonymousreply 31509/25/2017

Idiot of course it wouldn't be the same. Bomer could've married a millionaire or a movie producer or even better gone closeted onto become a bigger name or have a couple movie franchises in his kitty. Most likely he'd be our Superman or Batman. He has paid a big price for marrying so young into his career.

by Anonymousreply 31609/25/2017

Exactly!!!

by Anonymousreply 31709/25/2017

There's some element of truth in the statement. Being with Halls early on in his career (pre-White Collar) was a security net as he didn't really have regular projects until Chuck. Halls definitely had a steadier income Then, once he got WC his private life was off-limits for a few years. The only reason he came out as early as he did was because he had kids. If there were no children, Bomer probably would have stayed in the closet a lot longer or until The Normal Heart premiered.

Hall's career must take some of the pressure off Bomer but probably not to the extent that Thomson made out. I can't imagine Halls earns that much, Hollywood standards anyway.

by Anonymousreply 31809/25/2017

Bomer had been steadily working before he met Halls. Making money for someone like Bomer is a piece of cake. I do believe he sacrificed his stardom for family and kids. Don't think he regrets it though. He isn't doing too badly but he is definitely paying a price if you know what I mean. I don't think he could've stayed in the closet since everyone in the industry has known about him since the beginning since his soap opera days. Don't think he's the type.

by Anonymousreply 31909/25/2017

I'm not saying he wouldn't have came out but he probably would have tried to delay it for as long as possible if he didn't have kids. It would have been easier to stay quiet about his sexuality if it had just been himself and Halls.

by Anonymousreply 32009/25/2017

He talked about struggling to become his authentic self and the trauma of coming out to his family. After that, I don't think he ever lied. He just avoided the questions or gave ambiguous answers. He said he was surprised it was treated as such big news when he acknowledged his family publicly. He pretty much thought everybody already knew. He just didn't want the kids and Simon to feel like they were brushed under the rug for the sake of his career. He wanted the same freedom to acknowledge them as everyone else. I think it was worth whatever consequences there were for him.

by Anonymousreply 32109/25/2017

It was a bit of a dig at Bomer either way. But that entire article reeks of bitterness. Thomson seems to be an unhappy man. There has to be resentment at the younger generation who were able to come out and still maintain a decent enough career.

by Anonymousreply 32209/25/2017

[quote] I do believe he sacrificed his stardom for family and kids.

The conventional wisdom is that this is the other way around!

by Anonymousreply 32309/26/2017

Once Bomer took up with Halls, he really only pursued work during pilot season. He subsequently booked a pilot every year on almost every network (Fox, the WB, ABC, NBC, and USA). This kind of flexibility is really unheard of, unless you take into account Halls’ connections and the security Halls’s income and position afforded him. For example, Bomer did not do a guest role that did not originate in a pilot from the time he did an episode of Fox’s North Shore in 2004 until he did Glee, almost ten years. He did not do an independent film until he did Space Station 76 and did not do a TV movie until he did Normal Heart. Really shows an astonishing degree of pickiness for supposedly struggling actor. Frankly, he’s less picky now then when he was a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 32409/26/2017

Most up-and-coming actors gig around a lot doing guest star roles on shows until they get more recurring type roles. From 04 to 08/09, Bomer only really had one/two projects per year. He would have had to rely on Hall's income during that time. After White Collar, the big money began to come from Bomer. It's more so Hall's connections that Bomer uses now

by Anonymousreply 32509/26/2017

Guiding light, All my children, Flight plan, Tru Calling, North Shore, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Chuck, Traveler & White Collar. Wth r u even talking about R325?

by Anonymousreply 32609/26/2017

I'm talking about per year; post Guiding Light and pre-White Collar. From 04-08 he only had one/two gigs per year. Half of Tru Calling was in 2003. North Show was one episode in 2004. Flightplan was the only thing he appeared in 2005. Same for Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 2006. Then things started to pick up from '07 where he had Traveler and Chuck. I just meant it was strange that for a few years he didn't even have a few appearances on shows. Didn't mean that he wasn't working but it's a bit sparse for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 32709/26/2017

Pulling a name out of a hat, but Billy Magnussen who also got started in soaps, has a more typical variety of roles while trying to break into bigger roles... (TV movies, one-episode guest spots, indies, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 32809/26/2017

Flight Plan came out in 2005 & TSM in 2006 which means he filming these through 2003-6. Traveler came out in 2007 which means he had been auditioning, filming, preparing 1-2 years prior. He also read an audiobook and filmed a few commercials. That sounds terribly busy to me. He has been hustling for a long time. For someone who almost got the Superman role he obviously had high hopes from his career. I think he wanted to be a movie actor more than tv.

by Anonymousreply 32909/26/2017

R329 = idiot, not work arguing with

by Anonymousreply 33009/26/2017

R330 Typical reaction of a knucklehead when presented with logic. Next....

by Anonymousreply 33109/26/2017

In 04 he did pilot for Fox, Amy Coyne, which didn't get picked up. He also did the guest spot on North Shore for Fox, which suggests he was in a talent holding contract.

He basically didn't work for almost all of next year until next pilot season, he did Cult for WB, didn't get picked up (eventually got made years later with Matthew Davis)

He did Chainsaw in between, again waits for pilot season, gets Traveler at ABC. Traveler is picked up to midseason, eventually pushed to summer replacement. This means next pilot season, he cannot book a regular role in a pilot because he is locked in a deal with ABC. But he gets a non-regular role in pilot of NBC's Chuck anyway. And then next year White Collar.

by Anonymousreply 33209/26/2017

Essentially, he didn't really do much T.V. work for about a year and a half/ two years (05, 06). Small role in Fightplan and bigger part in Texas Chainsaw. Probably the same time he got with Halls. It's the time post Guiding Light and before White Collar that is always glossed over in any Bomer profile/interview. It's Guiding Light/Superman then flash forward to White Collar.

by Anonymousreply 33309/26/2017

Regarding Simon Halls salaries - you must remember that there is a huge difference in terms of income between someone working for a company and someone who is the actual owner of one. From what I managed to google it looks like a very successful A-list celebrity publicists would make around $400,000. I am guessing then that Halls annual salaries are 7-digit number.

by Anonymousreply 33409/26/2017

R334 = idiot

The majority of celebrity publicists are partners in boutique firms (like Halls is) since PMK implosion and that is taken into account when listing celebrity publicist salaries. Halls is making between upper 300s - lower 500s through his partnership in Slate.

by Anonymousreply 33509/26/2017

R335 = idiot. Calling everyone else idiot. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 33609/26/2017

Alright I think the horse is dead!

by Anonymousreply 33709/26/2017

Wasn't Kit born in 2004? Matt must have spent some time at home with the baby - and later with the twins. It's their business how they balance work and family. They both seem quite successful in both departments.

by Anonymousreply 33809/26/2017

Kit was born in 2005. The twins 2008. In the Mens Fitness article in 2015 it said he got the White Collar role when the twins were 4 months old. Since we don't really know the exact timeline of his relationship with Halls, it's hard to say whether he was staying home with the baby or not. It's not clear when he moved from NYC to LA.

by Anonymousreply 33909/26/2017

Bomer moved to LA after he left Guidling Light. He got cast in Tru Calling which filmed in Vancouver and then retuned to LA when his character was written off.

by Anonymousreply 34009/27/2017

It seems like there have probably been both longbtimes when he is home with kids and long times when he is away working. That's probably harder for him and the kids than just being a regular working parent. Feast or famine.

by Anonymousreply 34109/27/2017

The 6 years of White Collar would have been a strain I guess. Bomer has talked a bit about "parental guilt". But it's the life he chose. It's a two-parent family so the kids are lucky in that way. At this, I'm sure they are used to their dad working long hours for certain periods during the year.

by Anonymousreply 34209/27/2017

The children are 13 and 10 I think, perhaps they do not want him around all the time? They probably find him boring, forcing them to eat healthy and meditate.

by Anonymousreply 34309/27/2017

I have a10 year old. He definitely needs both parents and wants us to be around. 10 year olds rely on their parents quite heavily. There are so many different ways to parent and just bc a family's lifestyle is different than another, doesn't mean one is better. I definitely think it's got to be hard but it's definitely possible to be a good, listening parent even if you aren't physically there all the time.

The twins are 9.

by Anonymousreply 34409/27/2017

Kids are 12 and 9 lol well at this stage the kids are probably more interested in their friends and other activities than spending all their time with their parents. Even still, they are still young enough to need their parents and will notice when they aren't around at any sports games they play or school events.

I doubt he forces them to mediate. Is Halls into the meditation lark? He doesn't strike me as a "clean-eating, holistic, mindfulness" type of guy

by Anonymousreply 34509/27/2017

I'm not sure Halls is capable of self-reflection.

by Anonymousreply 34609/27/2017

R346, Neither does Matt..

by Anonymousreply 34709/27/2017

Kids may not need you to care for them especially since I'm sure they have nannies to be their soccer mom. But as a father I would want to be there for all (if I could) school plays or games or events that they would be involved in. Especially at this age when the kids are still not too cool to be with you.

by Anonymousreply 34809/27/2017

Well he did say he wanted to be more selective with his projects so that he can spend more time with his kids when they are still young. As posted earlier, he probably gets a big chunk of time to go be the regular parent and then other periods where he's working and can't make games/school events. It's a balancing act but I'm sure he manages it fine. He was very busy for the first half of the year and I guess the last few months of the year he will have more downtime.

by Anonymousreply 34909/27/2017

Ages 10 -16 are some of the busiest times for parents with lots of homework, sports games, plays, extra curriculars. The parent's involvement is busy even if the kids don't want to spend time with us. I see my brother and two sisters always running around to make it to these events helping out when they can. I can see Matt wanting to be an active parent these critical years. White Collar times must have been crazy for him but they babies then, it's different.

by Anonymousreply 35009/27/2017

I think Simon is the one who introduced Matt to meditation.

by Anonymousreply 35109/27/2017

Didn't someone say before that Simon was a Buddhist?

by Anonymousreply 35209/27/2017

That's what he says.

by Anonymousreply 35309/27/2017

When did he say he was a Buddhist?

by Anonymousreply 35409/27/2017

LOL idiot, Transcendental Meditation was founded by a yogi, it has nothing to do with Buddhism.

It’s just one of those things people in LA pick up after living there so many years, like dog therapists or past lives counselors.

by Anonymousreply 35509/28/2017

My father in law meditates twice a day. He's not a weird hippie and he's a very relaxed guy with a stressful wife. He learned in college and continues today and he's almost 70. I've wanted to learn because of him. I really think it's a useful tool and I don't think people that do it are necessarily weirdos who are out of touch. My FIL is a really normal, good guy.

by Anonymousreply 35609/28/2017

Well, Matt's going to be on Conan on Tues 10/3.

by Anonymousreply 35709/30/2017

Who is the top and who is the bottom in their relationship???

by Anonymousreply 35809/30/2017

ohh please even Helen Keller will not ask this stupid question . Matt is the obvious bottom one

by Anonymousreply 35909/30/2017

Looks like Anything isn't quite as dead in the water as previously thought. Looks like a limited release in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 36009/30/2017

A long time ago, someone who claimed to have personal experience said Matt was vers. Maybe they both are.

by Anonymousreply 36109/30/2017

Well if your gonna make a relationship work for 10+ years hopefully you will experiment a little.

Not sure how this Anything Movie is gonna go. 😬

by Anonymousreply 36209/30/2017

Well they've been together over a decade, they've probably mixed it up plenty by now.

Anything will probably cause the same reaction it has in the past. Social media will probably blow up again with criticism.

by Anonymousreply 36309/30/2017

[quote]Closeted actors obviously want to shade an out and married gay actor that makes them look bad.. It's no secret that Bomer continues to struggle inspite of being talented and handsome. He would be in the league of A listers if he wasn't married. Making money is the least of his concern I'd think. For someone like Bomer making money isn't hard. He could settle into a TV show that on for years on. Why do people think Halls is rich? Publicists make good money but no where close to an average tv actor.

Go back to twitter Bomer. No closeted actors want to sabotage a struggling married gay actor. You are a ridiculously high maintenance queen that needs a lot of money. Everybody knows Simon is a pimp, he bribes and takes bribes.

by Anonymousreply 36409/30/2017

Duckling still thinks that he can easily be an A-list if some working closeted actors came out.

by Anonymousreply 36509/30/2017

Jesus Christ troll. Give it break girl. So much stress ain't good for your pathetic little heart. You are NEVER going to get Bomer or Halls. Get it? Time to accept reality and move on don't you think? How many times are ye going to vomit same things over n over? Take care of yourself girl. I worry for ye

by Anonymousreply 36609/30/2017

Datalounge is where your shit is exposed and discussed. Silly old queen.

by Anonymousreply 36710/01/2017

[quote]Jesus what's up with so many celebrities milking the situation making videos of themselves showing support for Puerto Rico, Mexico etc? I find it so cheesy. Respect Bomer for not going that direction.

Matty, Matty, Matty oh Matty, what happened to people in those places is not a movie that you can call it cheesy...but you are still the cheesiest homosexual in America.

by Anonymousreply 36810/01/2017

[quote]He had already been cast as Superman before he got with Halls, I'd say he met some influential people at that time.

Which he still can't get over it obviously. He was humping his ass on those influential dicks for NO Superman and then came Simon Halls helping him calling the gay media crusade against Henry Cavill to today.

by Anonymousreply 36910/01/2017

Duckling was never cast as Superman.

by Anonymousreply 37010/01/2017

by Anonymousreply 37110/01/2017

Exactly R370. He thought he couched for Superman.

by Anonymousreply 37210/01/2017

Ronald McDonald playing Transbomer. The eyes and smile are too horrid-looking.

by Anonymousreply 37310/01/2017

Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 37410/01/2017

He would make a good Superman.

by Anonymousreply 37510/01/2017

Actually based on Transbomer photo, he would make a good Harley Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 37610/02/2017

Proud Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 37710/02/2017

Great catch, Halls face! Can you imagine what it must feel like to call the finest piece of ass your husband? Someone should ask Simon

by Anonymousreply 37810/02/2017

R378 Bomer is a WIFE.

by Anonymousreply 37910/02/2017

Lynn Collins just posted this pic of Matt and Simon.

by Anonymousreply 38010/02/2017

A gray marble-frosting cake with real white roses?

Was it a funeral-themed party?

by Anonymousreply 38110/02/2017

“Money is no object! Make my birthday cake look like the inside of mausoleum.”

by Anonymousreply 38210/02/2017

Angeleno Magazine held a cover party for him and presented him with a cake. This was not his birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 38310/02/2017

FYI Duckling is now the same age as Mr Peabody was when he began dating him.

For comparison, the equivalent would be if Duckling started dating Dylan O’Brien.

by Anonymousreply 38410/02/2017

Duckling still feels and is being treated like a 17 y/o twink and being given false hollywood hopes all the time. One day reality struck him he'd be a time bomb.

by Anonymousreply 38510/03/2017

His birthday is Oct. 11. He is actually aging very nicely. Will he have a midlife crisis?

by Anonymousreply 38610/03/2017

I thought this was the midlife crisis.

by Anonymousreply 38710/03/2017

R377 The proud daddy thing is too creepy for Superman.

by Anonymousreply 38810/03/2017

After all these years he's still my cover girl! 🔥🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 38910/03/2017

Aww the gay poster child as said in this thread "doesn't care to make money"....i mean look at his simple, low key life.

by Anonymousreply 39010/03/2017

She’s coloring her roots again

by Anonymousreply 39110/03/2017

Trophy wives and bottoms are scared of turning grey. She is wishing for a frat boy role.

by Anonymousreply 39210/03/2017

[quote] FYI Duckling is now the same age as Mr Peabody was when he began dating him. For comparison, the equivalent would be if Duckling started dating Dylan O’Brien.

That'd be one fucked up couple, because Duckling is a submissive bottom.

by Anonymousreply 39310/03/2017

Do I spy grey hair? Man is he aging like fine wine or what!

by Anonymousreply 39410/03/2017

Yaaasss! That beard! Mmmmm! I die! 🔥🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 39510/03/2017

Moisturize Me! Moisturize Me!

by Anonymousreply 39610/03/2017

Wonder if Simon digs the brush of beard again skin. I'm hot!

by Anonymousreply 39710/03/2017

Oh hell yes!!! Look at that smile on Simon! I'm loving the crinkles on Bomer eyes!

by Anonymousreply 39810/03/2017

I think his beard is part of his promotion for Walking Out. The mature rugged look.

by Anonymousreply 39910/03/2017

He should keep the mature rugged look. It suits him!

by Anonymousreply 40010/04/2017

R399 Yes I'm sure that's why but I agree r400. It suits him and makes him even more sexaaayyy!

by Anonymousreply 40110/04/2017

I think his career as a leading man is officially over after debacle of TLT

by Anonymousreply 40210/04/2017

Same old tired stories on Conan last night.

by Anonymousreply 40310/04/2017

What did he say? Please don’t say he told about losing his bellhop job after September 11.

by Anonymousreply 40410/04/2017

Nope. Talked about his soap role, explaining Magic Mike billboards to his sons, and a little bit about his new movie.

by Anonymousreply 40510/04/2017

Gushing review of Walking Out, released to theaters this month.

by Anonymousreply 40610/04/2017

Jesus Christ he was on a soap opera for one year FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. Get over it!

by Anonymousreply 40710/04/2017

Damn! Really?

by Anonymousreply 40810/04/2017

TBH Conan really steered the interview. “You were in a soap opera, weren’t you?” “What did you tell your kids about the Magic Mike interview?” It was like they were both bored and just phoning it in. The clip from the movie was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 40910/04/2017

(MM billboards, not interview)

by Anonymousreply 41010/04/2017

Talk show guest through their publicists provide a list of talking points to the host.

This was what Bomer provided.

by Anonymousreply 41110/04/2017

Imagine how wide Bomer’s pupils would have gotten if Conan had asked, without permission, “Tell us about your trans role!”

by Anonymousreply 41210/04/2017

I know a naughty boy who'll be getting a lump of coal and a box of switches for Christmas. And well before nightfall those switches will have gotten quite a workout on someone's impudent bottom.

Those creamy cheeks will become prettily striped, then well reddened. But rest assured "Dr Keate" won't stop until that wicked arse is a mass of gore and Bomer is reduced to a blubbering mess.

by Anonymousreply 41310/04/2017

You know what bothered me more than the repeat questions was the one question Conan asked about if straight guys came up to him to tell him they watched Magic Mike. Will we ever see the day when those lables are dropped?

The movie does look really good!

by Anonymousreply 41410/04/2017

The Soap Opera story.......can he just find something new to repeat again and again? You'd swear he'd gotten no work for 10 years after he had left the soap. He's 40, there has to be other stuff in his professional life he can go on about. He started to open up more during the promo for TLT but I guess after the cancellation he didn't want to go down that route anymore.

by Anonymousreply 41510/04/2017

He's adorable when talking about the soap opera story. I don't mind the repetition.

by Anonymousreply 41610/04/2017

I saw 'Walking out' in London, it is really good. Bomer's acting is really on point and he disappears in the role completely - accent, styling - you forget about his more 'suave' roles immediately. The only thing which I did not like that much was the amount of landscape shots (I don't mind them in general, but there was just too much of them), but I think it has something to do with getting funding from Montana state.

by Anonymousreply 41710/05/2017

Walking Out has gotten positive reviews all around so hope it does well enough to make up for the disappointment of TLT's cancellation. New interview with him which briefly mentions the show's axing. As one would suspect, Bomer refrains from saying anything negative about how the show turned out.

by Anonymousreply 41810/05/2017

Love how he often didn’t answer the questions that were asked in the interview. He just kind of talked around them in vague generalities. It must be hard to do promos, especially right after a disappointment. He definitely retreated from saying anything personal. It was the same way on Conan.

by Anonymousreply 41910/05/2017

He is a meticulous person who studies and highlights every word on a script, does extensive research on every character. He must role play his interviews to prepare for any questions he may be asked but has his script for the ones sent for the interviewers to work from. He seems a little OCD. I wouldn't expect anything less with Simon as his husband. He's a PR machine.

by Anonymousreply 42010/05/2017

If he was trying to push a new butch image for his Walking Out movie, he probably shouldn’t have spent the interview with his legs crossed like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

by Anonymousreply 42110/05/2017

OMG! I kept waiting for him to uncross them! He just can't help himself!

by Anonymousreply 42210/05/2017

The last three posts are hidden from me which means the troll is at it again with obsessive posting. Damn freak!

by Anonymousreply 42310/05/2017

^ 🙄

Thinks there is only one troll. Calls everyone that disagrees a troll. Is really the troll.

by Anonymousreply 42410/05/2017

[R418] When I was reading promo interview for TLT, especially those more frank and more off-script, I had a feeling he did not expect the show to continue. I saw some interviews with him when he discussed what he had been reading or the plays he had enjoyed, and it looked to me that he was a person that appreciates good writing, and certainly could see that TLT script was a set of predictable, pompous cliches that would not earn any critical acclaim. Looking and the scenes that Billy Ray is posting on his Twitter he must be sighing with relief, they could be very well part of a soap rather than quality TV.

by Anonymousreply 42510/06/2017

Billy Ray posted almost sex scenes on Twitter and tagged him in the tweet. Can't imagine Matt appreciated that lol the cancellation of TLT had to be a huge disappointment but I definitely don't think it came as a huge surprise to him. As said on other threads, he basically distanced himself from the project (on social media anyway) only two weeks after it aired. The critic's reviews were probably indication enough for him that the show wasn't going to take off.

You'd hope Walking Out at least gets more recognition to make up for the disappointing TLT.

by Anonymousreply 42610/06/2017

Billy Ray is fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 42710/06/2017

R424 If you use the Ignore feature to check, you see that most of the repetitive derisive comments come from two posters, who is probably the same person using two devices. If you’ve read many Bomer threads, you know that obsessed troll is a boring fixture.

by Anonymousreply 42810/06/2017

Billy Ray is still clinging to a second season. Think most of the cast have accepted the cancellation and moved on. His tweets are OTT. No wonder Matt didn't acknowledge any of them the last two months.

Be interesting to see what way Matt's career will go now the axing of TLT.

by Anonymousreply 42910/06/2017

Yeah it looks like Lilly Collins have said a definite goodbye - and in terms of the fan base she is probably the biggest star of the show (we can argue about skills but that is completely different thing), I cannot see it continuing without her.

I'd love to see Matt doing more independent cinema, I am really happy 'Anything' is getting a release in the end.

by Anonymousreply 43010/06/2017

Cute!

by Anonymousreply 43110/06/2017

Good rating from Rotten Tomatoes

by Anonymousreply 43210/06/2017

R428 Nope! I'm one of those posters. Only use one device. Never said anything derisive. But whatever! 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 43310/07/2017

Apologies R433. Troll knows who he is and usually everyone else does, too. (Hint: baby in closet.)

by Anonymousreply 43410/07/2017

Did someone say, “Baby in closet”?

by Anonymousreply 43510/07/2017

No harm no foul 😉 Just thought it was funny that something I said got me ignored. LOL!

Baby the closet 🤣 Here we go!

by Anonymousreply 43610/07/2017

Walking Out is making a good start.

by Anonymousreply 43710/07/2017

Well I had a chance to watch it last night and honestly I was pleasantly surprised. It took me a minute to believe Bomer was a mountain man but once he convinced me I got lost in the story. He eerily reminded me of my own father who actually watches the farm channel on Direct TV and I'm pretty sure owns that God awful brown plaid flannel. I don't want to say to much for those who have yet to see it but it was beautifully shot and kept me engaged the entire time and is an incredible story of survival. I though it was really good!

Bonus! He was totally Daddy AF!!!

by Anonymousreply 43810/08/2017

I saw it too. It is thoroughly engaging and Bomer is completely convincing in his role. It’s hard to believe this will be a very popular movie though because of its subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 43910/08/2017

Maybe but I think because the hunting is what brings them together initially and that they made it a point to show killing for sport is not cool it becomes the back story. The primary story was about their relationship and survival. It's still an indie film so not many expectations anyway. The fact it's received good reviews is just great! 😊

by Anonymousreply 44010/08/2017

Awww

by Anonymousreply 44110/09/2017

How amazing was that shot?!?! I wonder how long he sat there before they got that. No one can resist 🦌

by Anonymousreply 44210/09/2017

Happy couple

by Anonymousreply 44310/10/2017

LOl every small and big celebrities are criticizing Harvey Wienstien except Matt, Colton and Trevor Donovan . There is one thing common among these three

by Anonymousreply 44410/10/2017

Celebrities are annoying. Everyone wants a piece of the pie. Unless you have a personal relatable story I'd rather you shut up. We know EVERYBODY is hating Weinstein right now. I'm sure many celebrities treat an occasion like this like a social media fest or something l but I'm sure glad for those not dumping all over social media.

by Anonymousreply 44510/10/2017

R444 Why would Matt have to say anything about that? That's absurd to criticize a celebrity for not getting political.

by Anonymousreply 44610/10/2017

WTF?

“Matt Bomer is not taking a break from Hollywood following the cancelation of his TV show “The Last Tycoon,” despite a completely inaccurate report. The article claims the actor is taking time off from work to become a full-time family man, but Gossip Cop looked into the situation and we’ve exclusively learned the truth.

“Career Slump? Matt Bomer Shifts His Focus To Family After TV Show Failure,” reads a new headline posted on Star’s website. Amazon recently axed the actor’s TV show after just one season, and now the unreliable magazine says he’s so dismayed by the cancelation that he’s turning his back on show business. A supposed “insider” tells the magazine, “He’s going to step back, lick his wounds and work on parenting for a while.”

“He and his family are now saying that he rushed into ‘The Last Tycoon’ too soon and thought it would be his ‘Mad Men,’ which it decidedly wasn’t,” adds the questionable source. “Basically, he’s going to force himself to spend more time being a dad, in the hopes that better scripts might come along in the future.” Gossip Cop, however, can clear up the situation.

A rep for Bomer exclusively assures us the actor isn’t leaving Hollywood in the wake of his TV series getting canceled. In fact, we’re told he’s currently directing an episode for the second season of FX’s “American Crime Story,” titled “The Assassination of Gianni Versace.” Naturally, show business has its ups and downs, but the assertion that Bomer is abandoning Hollywood because his TV show got scrapped just isn’t true.”

by Anonymousreply 44710/10/2017

Mr Peabody has total Charlie Manson eyes in pic at R443

by Anonymousreply 44810/10/2017

If you see any resemblance there, you are truly warped.

by Anonymousreply 44910/10/2017

R448 Is that you? Your crush? Sorry but you gotta play the hand you were dealt. It could be worse you know

by Anonymousreply 45010/10/2017

Happy Birthday Matt! Today he turns 40!

by Anonymousreply 45110/11/2017

Officially old .

Officially an eldergay

by Anonymousreply 45210/11/2017

Matt is now the same age as Simon was when he scooped him from the nest.

by Anonymousreply 45310/11/2017

Sweet dreams

by Anonymousreply 45410/11/2017

R447 🤣🤣🤣

Where did you find that gem??? Crazy AF!!!

by Anonymousreply 45510/11/2017

R454

Mmmm! Right back atcha!!!

by Anonymousreply 45610/11/2017

r456 is that a new photo?

by Anonymousreply 45710/11/2017

Matt completely ignored his fan's birthday wishes, but he did "like" Willie Garson's tweet. SMFH.

by Anonymousreply 45810/11/2017

Did Duckling at least say anything to the fans who raised money in his name for charity?

by Anonymousreply 45910/12/2017

After Dawson Creek’s James Van Der Beek’s tweets on sexual assaults, anyone thought of Bomer? He takes groping sportingly so very likely he found it all funny, not assaults.

by Anonymousreply 46010/12/2017

Duckling’s husband defends Bryan Singer, what else needs to be said about him?

by Anonymousreply 46110/12/2017

R461 Oh that creep! Forgot completely. But Singer’s cases aren’t holding up because most of the actors are mute about him and others.

Do you guys think someone will name Halls one day?

by Anonymousreply 46210/12/2017

I think Ryan Murphy and Brett Ratner, two of Mr Peabody’s other clients, will get named.

by Anonymousreply 46310/12/2017

I saw Walking Out - Acting was fine, well shot - beautiful location, but very boring script and Matt Bomer was just too HW/pretty to be believable as a mountain man. They needed to make him a lot scruffier/bad skin etc. 4/10 for me.

by Anonymousreply 46410/12/2017

R463 Ratner may be but I don’t think Murphy. This one will survive. Probably already settling potentially damaging cases. I’m still curious if Bomer faced any issue or not. He seems awfully quiet on social media since the story broke. Tweeted Harvey storm fundraiser. It took me a minute to realize he wasn’t talking about Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 46510/12/2017

When Bomer was cast on GL the producer had a bad rep for being overly fond of pretty young men

However I’d always assumed anything he did was consensual, given he was at the time already hooking up with much older man in industry, Rob Ashford

by Anonymousreply 46610/12/2017

R457 No just a screen shot from Walking Out 😜 I think he looks like a fine mountain man. He convinced me and many others. There was one part where I saw a glimpse of Bomer's personality when he talked about the moose. The excitement when he says we're hunting a moose...a moose. But when he got angry I didn't know who that was. I think he really did a great job becoming Cal.

by Anonymousreply 46710/12/2017

[quote]He seems awfully quiet on social media since the story broke.

He has been quiet for a while now, even before this. It's totally possible that he's just not a computer/tech person. That's the simplest solution to every time someone says, "he's been quiet." There are people who just aren't that present on social media and that's okay. It's a tool to promote his projects.

[quote]Matt completely ignored his fan's birthday wishes, but he did "like" Willie Garson's tweet. SMFH.

He can't respond to every single one of his fans, that's insanity. People usually post a general thank you after the day is over. It's also very possible that he keeps his twitter on the people he follows ONLY setting so he can actually read it.

by Anonymousreply 46810/12/2017

[quote]It's totally possible that he's just not a computer/tech person.

I believe he minor'ed in Computer Sciences at CMU.

by Anonymousreply 46910/12/2017

Twitter wasn’t even invented when he graduated from CMU.

by Anonymousreply 47010/12/2017

....I don’t think someone who minored in computer sciences as recently as 2000 would have a difficult time figuring out how Twitter works

by Anonymousreply 47110/12/2017

Knowing how it works does not make somebody a social media person, but he seems to use it just fine when he wants to.

by Anonymousreply 47210/12/2017

R468 are you his publicist’s intern?

by Anonymousreply 47310/12/2017

Wow!

[quote]Lunch for 4 with #juliaroberts, @tomhanks,@MattBomer & @MrRPMurphy cooked by @JKCorden & #seanpenn goes for $110,000 @amfAR

by Anonymousreply 47410/14/2017

So Matt’s raising money for GLSEN & AMFAR. Guess there’s no feud over his trans role.

by Anonymousreply 47510/14/2017

Matt and Simon attended a screening of Walking Out last night.

by Anonymousreply 47610/14/2017

I am surprised Mr Peabody is not in a bunker somewhere trying to keep exposés about Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner at bay.

by Anonymousreply 47710/14/2017

Never saw Simon pose with a fan of Matt before.

by Anonymousreply 47810/14/2017

Matt and Simon sharing a cute moment during Matt's Q&A at a Walking Out screening.

by Anonymousreply 47910/14/2017

R478 he did with a few before, even when Bomer wasn’t there.

by Anonymousreply 48010/14/2017

Did he lose weight? I looks very thin.

by Anonymousreply 48110/15/2017

R481 IKR! Sometimes he looks really healthy and sometimes he looks so thin 😳

by Anonymousreply 48210/15/2017

What does Matt say towards the end of that video? He makes a comment about Simon but can't make it out.

by Anonymousreply 48310/15/2017

Fan said Simon was really sweet and much better looking in person. She almost didn’t notice Matt standing beside him at first glance!

by Anonymousreply 48410/15/2017

I can't figure it out? It's too mumbled. Happy to hear Simon is sweet!

by Anonymousreply 48510/15/2017

Aww!

by Anonymousreply 48610/15/2017

Fom todays ALS Walk.

by Anonymousreply 48710/15/2017

Wow kids are getting big! Great pics on Getty👍

by Anonymousreply 48810/15/2017

Picture with the kids

by Anonymousreply 48910/15/2017

The Bomer child has been blessed with a big head.

He will work in movies.

by Anonymousreply 49010/15/2017

All of their last name is Halls. If they’re together for so long it’s a pity that they didn’t make their last name Bomer-Halls.

by Anonymousreply 49110/16/2017

TEAM NANCE GAYFUNKEL!

by Anonymousreply 49210/16/2017

They will look foolish when the Bomer child goes into pictures and doesn't have the last name of the parent he looks like.

by Anonymousreply 49310/16/2017

The obsession over the kids' last names are ridiculous. There are plenty of kids who don't share a name with their mothers bc women don't always change their last names and hyphenated names are obnoxious. Yes, they probably did it bc he was in the closet but who cares? Except for a sad few on here.

by Anonymousreply 49410/16/2017

Kid could always change his name to Bomer later. Actors change their names all the time. Also kids whose mothers are actors usually don’t have their mother’s last name and that doesn’t keep them from acting careers if they want them. It’s probably better for the kids to all,have the same name right now.

by Anonymousreply 49510/16/2017

What if Simon’s children want to have acting careers. Don’t you think their parents will help them, too?

by Anonymousreply 49610/16/2017

Simon already has said he doesn't have any artistic talent, therefore none to pass on.

by Anonymousreply 49710/16/2017

So according to your logic Bomer is the mother. What about Walker? He appears to be biological child of Bomer. At least from the photos that we have seen so far. Other two are clearly Halls’s offsprings. Henry in fact looks like a copy of Halls

by Anonymousreply 49810/16/2017

Artistic talent is not all based on genetics. Practice vs talent. Talent can only be obtained if the individual is emerged in an artistic environment at an early age (all 3 kids are) and they are willing to practice. Pure talent is a facade we like to hide behind and use as an excuse.

Simon's artistic aptitude could have been as high as Bomer's but if he was never sung to or put into an environment where he could practice the arts or be exposed to them, he would have lost that.

Bomer said his grandmother and uncle are very artistic so he was exposed to it and then sought it out and practiced it.

by Anonymousreply 49910/16/2017

R48. No, not the mother. I was usin that as an example bc women have been changing their names for centuries and a lot of them have stopped.

It was easy to use Simon's name. All 3 kids have the same name, convenient, and Bomer can stay in the closet for a while.

Also, hyphenated names are obnoxious, as I said. I wouldn't want my kids to have a hyphenated name so I'd have to figure that out.

by Anonymousreply 50010/16/2017

They probably didn't know which child is whose. Only when the kids get older do they start favoring one parent over the other. Since Kit already had the last name Halls I guess they thought it easy for everyone to have the same last name. I'm assuming Kit came before Bomer was in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 50110/16/2017

It’s the inside contacts that help people get ahead in Hollywood; not inherited talent. Who do you think Matt inherited his talent from?

by Anonymousreply 50210/16/2017

SMH

What in the freak are we talking about? What does is matter what name they chose. I'm sure they chose Halls for the anonymity. Gives the kids a chance to be somewhat private not immediately being known as a celebrity child. Who wants the name Bomer anyway. So many mispronounced ways to say it. And what the heck does anything have to do with the talent they may have? 😳

by Anonymousreply 50310/16/2017

R502 True. It's Peabody's black magic that practices Duck's art.

by Anonymousreply 50410/16/2017

Matt mentioned in the interview the other day that he never met Simon’s friend who died of ALS. She died in 2004. Matt says he only knows her from reading her book (the one in which she says she and Simon might as well have been married.

Excerpt from "Tales from the Bed: On Living, Dying, and Having It All" by Jenifer Estess, Katie Couric (forgive the formatting):

[quote]Simon and I might as well have been married—our chemistry was that complex. I’d met Simon when he lived in New York. He’d hired me for my first job after Naked Angels, an off-Broadway theater company I’d helped run. Before Simon, I had worked for next to no money. Simon introduced me to the notion that I could make a career and money for myself in entertainment. He’d encouraged me to take the public relations job I’d just quit. “It wasn’t the perfect job, Kitty, but it was a total step up,” he said. As Simon spoke, I took in his chocolate brown eyes and boyish hair. Even when he was rumpled, Simon was elegant. “An elegant human being,” my mother had dubbed him. I found him intoxicating at times. Simon was the champagne of men, and he was brutally honest with me. We hadn’t seen each other since my diagnosis. I was afraid that he was going to notice a big change in my walking and say so. “Look at you, Kitty. You’re doing so well,” Simon said as we made our way back to my apartment, arm in arm, after dinner. He pulled me close to him. “I can’t walk, Kitty,” I said. I called Simon “Kitty,” too. “What do you call this, Kitty?” he said. “Walking,” I said, “v-e-r-y slowly.” “Slow is good, Kitty,” he said, laughing. “Silly Kitty.” Simon and the night air smelled so good. After he dropped me off, I collapsed on my couch. But the night was young. Buoyed by champagne and Simon’s encouraging words, I decided to run a few neurological tests of my own.

by Anonymousreply 50510/16/2017

Does anyone understand why they didn’t get an actor who looked more like a young Bomer to play young Cal in the flashbacks in Walking Out? That kid could never have grown up to look like the adult Cal/Matt Bomer. It was confusing. Of course, Cal bore no resemblance to his father in the movie either.

by Anonymousreply 50610/16/2017

Neither Josh Wiggins or the actor who played young Cal particularly resembled Matt. However, both were so good in their respective roles that the resemblances soon became a non factor for me. Because of the strong reviews, I was expecting a good experience with Walking Out. I was totally unprepared for how moving and beautiful this film was, it really stayed with me. Matt is such an underrated and unappreciated actor. I think this was some of his finest work to date, I totally believed Cal. The work and chemistry he had with Josh was wonderful and led to some incredibly haunting and heartbreaking scenes. I know Matt is exploring work behind the camera, but it would be a great loss if he doesn’t continue to grace the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 50710/16/2017

Jennifer Estes's died at the end of 2003, not 2004. She clearly meant a lot to Simon given he named Kit after her.

I'm sure Matt will still continue to act here and there in the future. Can't imagine him completely stopping. I'd say he's licking his wounds after TLT. The outcome of that show has to be hugely disappointing for him, considering all the work and promo that was put in. At least Walking Out got good reviews, even if it's just a small indie film.

by Anonymousreply 50810/16/2017

What rubbish! Why would Matt Bomer stop acting? Seeing his dedication to dedication to a small time indie film shows how much he loves his job as an actor. Is it because he is directing one episode for that Ryan Murphy show? SMH

by Anonymousreply 50910/16/2017

Here is the whole interview referenced above. It’s the most relaxed and natural i’ve Ever seen him. Nice interaction with the small audience.

by Anonymousreply 51010/17/2017

From @UnsoundSavant on Twitter:

[quote]Matt Bomer: Long. Thin-ish. Curved towards his stomach. Cut, not very veiny, but reddens quickly.

?????

by Anonymousreply 51110/17/2017

R511 This account seems weird. User says the same about other actors and only replys to his own tweets.

by Anonymousreply 51210/17/2017

Wow Matt finally thanked his fans for raising money for GLSEN

by Anonymousreply 51310/17/2017

Probably waited to hear from GLSEN that they received the money.

by Anonymousreply 51410/17/2017

Must be weird to have someone else raise money in your name without asking you. Wonder if GLSEN would have been Matt’s choice, considering all the trouble over the trans movie. Once some fans started one fundraiser, he couldn’t start one himself. He just asked people to contribute to general funds for Harvey bc of the hurricane. Maybe the fans asked him first but it doesn’t seem like it. I think that’s why he didn’t say much about it. He couldn’t ignore it, though.

by Anonymousreply 51510/17/2017

R510 Thanks for the link. That was a cute interview.

by Anonymousreply 51610/17/2017

Why did he favourite a Lena Denham tweet? Was he nice to someone recently but he found out they are mean ? Could they be the trans community that bashed him?

by Anonymousreply 51710/18/2017

I wouldn't read too much into his Twitter use tbh. He likes random posts or tweets that don't really have much meaning or significance most of the time. He strikes me as someone who checks his mentions or timeline quickly (and briefly) and likes whatever comes up first. Doesn't seem like he spends to much time scrolling. The odd time it gets personal but in comparison with other celebs, he's relatively generic with his tweets.

by Anonymousreply 51810/18/2017

He couldn't have posted a nice video message to the fans who raised money in his name? How cold.

by Anonymousreply 51910/18/2017

He cannot encourage fans to raise money in his name without his permission/approval in advance! That’s a dangerous precedent to set. He needs to maintain control over how his name is used and he needs to choose which causes he supports. This time was awkward because it was his British Fan Club that did it and of course they meant well, but he can’t encourage others to do the same. At some point, he could actually have to disassociate himself from some effort plus it limits his options to pick his own fundraisers.

He handled this the best he could under the circumstances. If he had objected, he would have alienated the British Fan Club, GLSEN, & probably others too, so he quietly let it go on but did not encourage or reward it. He tweeted a polite thank you after GLSEN publicly thanked him and he made sure to thank people for supporting Harvey funds, too. (which was the cause he chose). He has no way of knowing how much he may have raised for Harvey since he couldn’t open a specific account for that because the GLSEN fund had already been started (in August for his Oct birthday)!

Maybe I’m wrong and the Brit Fans got his permission first, but then he probably would have acknowledged and endorsed from the start and given a more enthusiastic thank you. (In past years he has run a short campaign for Water,org for his birthday and he would Like tweets when people said they contributed. This time he did not acknowledge any contributions.)

by Anonymousreply 52010/18/2017

R513 Told ya, he's a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 52110/18/2017

R521 It seems so. Especially after this long explanation from R520

by Anonymousreply 52210/18/2017

[quote]He cannot encourage fans to raise money in his name without his permission/approval in advance!

Nothing you've said is wrong per say but he more than likely knew it/or he spotted it a while ago since he follows both groups on Twitter. He could have easily said, "No, do this charity instead" and they more than likely would have switched to accommodate his wishes early on and either group could have messaged him privately.

[quote] ... endorsed from the start and given a more enthusiastic thank you

Well he can't very well endorse his own birthday present publicly. Although I'm sure he's probably communicated with those people privately.

[quote]He couldn't have posted a nice video message to the fans who raised money in his name? How cold.

So he said thank you but he didn't say thank you fast enough or in a way you'd like? Oh and he didn't thank every single person who donated and respond to every single person who told him Happy Birthday? And he's also not tweeting enough or at the right times or about the right subjects?

He said thank you and that's pretty much all he had to do. Also the whole idea of giving to charity is to give to charity and not for kudos or acknowledgement from a celeb but we know people don't think like that sadly. They really should.

by Anonymousreply 52310/18/2017

Some fans made him cute collective video bday cards. He usually acknowledges those, but not this year.

by Anonymousreply 52410/18/2017

He did say he had to work on set on his birthday. Just busy I would say. I think it's great he acknowledged it and thanked everyone. More than most would do.

by Anonymousreply 52510/18/2017

R510, Thanks so much for the link. Totally agree, this was one of his best on camera interviews in awhile. It’s great to see him comfortably growing into himself: intelligent, funny, gracious and charming. Hope Walking Out gives more directors and producers the impetus to make use of his many talents.

by Anonymousreply 52610/18/2017

"It’s great to see him comfortably growing into himself"

Are you talking about a 40 year-old father of three or a late bloomer?

by Anonymousreply 52710/18/2017

These daydreaming-sounding posters seem to just babbling that makes me suspect that the posters are actually the actor himself.

by Anonymousreply 52810/18/2017

I believe MB posts on DL sometimes, or used to, but not on this thread: Simon, on the other hand...... Naw!

by Anonymousreply 52910/18/2017

Did someone say Bomer posts on here? Umyeah right! No way in hell. That is just so not his lane. His husband Halls on the other hand I'm not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 53010/18/2017

R528. Nah. They’re just fans who want to create the perfect image of their celebrity obsession. While I do believe Matt is a decent guy, those posters won’t take any little mark on his character as truth.

by Anonymousreply 53110/19/2017

R531 lol is he more saint than mother Theresa?

by Anonymousreply 53210/19/2017

Isn’t it interesting that he’s completely mute about women (and men) claiming sexual harassments in Hollywood? His silence now makes me wonder if it’s something to do with Halls’s work with some of these predators, including Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 53310/19/2017

But if he speaks out now, we can be sure that he reads datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 53410/19/2017

Why would he speak out about harassment of women? It’s got nothing to do with him. He hardly puts anything at all on Twitter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 53510/19/2017

He put a handsome photo in spirit of the Spirit day. He always speaks up for the LGBT community. Good on him

by Anonymousreply 53610/19/2017

The photo R536 is talking about

by Anonymousreply 53710/19/2017

Needsa beard trim 😬 but still hot AF

by Anonymousreply 53810/19/2017

R535 I guess people expect him to condemn Weinstein. Or maybe say he's been harassed or asked to perform favors for a role. Because I'm sure it never happened. 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 53910/19/2017

She looks good there, now that she is keeping her face Botox Free.

by Anonymousreply 54010/19/2017

I notice people around him always getting overly touchy feelie with him. Sometimes a bit much. I can imagine Lady Gaga going a bit overboard. Wonder how he feels about that. Beautiful people like him must feel sexually harassed all the time. Unlike him to take it to social media tho

by Anonymousreply 54110/19/2017

R541 he actually enjoys the attention, doesn’t consider groping or kissing harassment. He likely doesn’t consider walking to a predator’s den naive because you knew where you’re going. Also my new theory is that Halls, knowing every details of Hollywood and it works, told him how these women aren’t all that innocent and very likely slept with men to get the roles. So Bomer doesn’t have much respect there of these people crowing to get attention now. Halls represents mostly men in the industry. Other than SJP and Bryan Lourdes no-talent daughter, he doesn’t have women clients. It is, however, odd that Halls accompanies Bomer to everywhere and doesn’t leave him out of his eyesight. The level of protection he gives to grown man is a little bit peculiarly outstanding. I wonder if there’s a story or two behind it?

by Anonymousreply 54210/19/2017

I thought it was a little odd that Simon was at Matt’s Hollywood screening and Q&A last week. Did they get a babysitter for that? But Matt did all the TLT publicity last Spring with Simon nowhere near him.

by Anonymousreply 54310/19/2017

Why was it odd that Halls was at the Q&A with him last week? I don't find that too strange. Bomer has done a lot of publicity this year (and in the past) without Halls at his side. He traveled to Monaco for that festival without Halls and was back and forth to NYC too.

Anyway, most celebs bring their spouses to events/screenings, not sure why people freak over Halls being there. Let's be honest, he's probably there as a "non official" publicist for Bomer too.

by Anonymousreply 54410/19/2017

Strange I remember reading on here not too long ago Simon not being around much of late. Being so close to home in la it makes complete sense he would want to see the movie too.

by Anonymousreply 54510/19/2017

Simon Halls hasn’t represented Sarah Jessica Parker for over twenty years, dumbass.

His female clients are Annette Bening, Joan Allen and Frances McDormand. Lily Rabe may or may not still be with him.

by Anonymousreply 54610/20/2017

R546 lol keep paying IMDB, midget.

by Anonymousreply 54710/20/2017

You don’t think Simon had already seen the movie? This screening was just a work assignment for Matt, not a social engagement. Still don’t see why Simon would accompany him, unless maybe they were going out afterward. It’s not like it was a party. Maybe unofficial publicist is it. Maybe Matt just wanted him there. They are both very busy men. Glad to see their whole family attend the ALS event together. They look very happy.

by Anonymousreply 54810/20/2017

R548 they should allow their kids to be in movies. It will be a blast and fun to watch. they appear to be a lot more intelligent than their dads. It’s funny that they’re already proposing Ava Bozzi and Walker Halls future together. Walker will become a heartbreaker and probably can do better than average Ava.

by Anonymousreply 54910/20/2017

How do they seem to be more intelligent than their dads. We know virtually nothing about them. Which is the way it should be.

by Anonymousreply 55010/20/2017

Ava and Kit might have the same mother. They look alike. I don't think Kit has the same mother as the twin boys.

by Anonymousreply 55110/20/2017

R551 I disagree. All 3 boys look very much like brothers.

by Anonymousreply 55210/20/2017

The older Halls has a completely different face than the younger Halls

by Anonymousreply 55310/20/2017

The boys will probably never know who their mother is. They will be given a genetic profile of the egg donor for health purposes but that’s all. More than some kids ever learn about their father or a mother who gave them up. Maybe the egg donors aren’t told who the children are either since they don’t carry the fetus and give birth, but the surrogate will probably always know who the boys are and where they are, etc. Again, more than many absent fathers or mothers who give their children up know. Some men are never even told they are fathers. I wonder if surrogates breastfeed or provide milk for the newborns.

Just curious! We’re not far from a time when fertilization and pregnancy can take place entirely outside a womb! Man donates sperm; woman donates egg; fetus is nourished in an artificial mechanical womb; and voila, a baby is available to be raised by its own or any willing parents!

by Anonymousreply 55410/20/2017

And we're not far from incest and inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 55510/20/2017

Matt is getting rave reviews in his new movie.

by Anonymousreply 55610/20/2017

I'm sorry but why do people think Ava and Kit have the same mother? They have some similar features but not really. Random theory.

by Anonymousreply 55710/20/2017

I think they look extremely similar. Also, neither look particularly like their respective paternal genetic source.

by Anonymousreply 55810/20/2017

Matt will be on tv with James Corden tonite.

by Anonymousreply 55910/20/2017

Er have you seen pictures of the kids R558? Kit is Simon's mini me. Out of the three kids, Kit looks like Simon the most. He has his height and facial features/ expressions. Ava also looks a lot like Bruce. You only have to take one look at Kit to know he's Simon's son.

by Anonymousreply 56010/20/2017

Same facial features

by Anonymousreply 56110/20/2017

How can one of the twins be Simon's and the other be Matt's. Yes, I'm ignorant in the subject.

by Anonymousreply 56210/20/2017

They fertilize each egg outside the woman and take specific sperm to do so. They just have to take sperm from each father and you have an egg for each. They don’t always survive so they were pretty lucky to get twins.

by Anonymousreply 56310/20/2017

[quote]How can one of the twins be Simon's and the other be Matt's. Yes, I'm ignorant in the subject.

Or all three kids are biologically Simon's as he has implied which would make the most sense and thus is the simplest explanation but no one here would ever go for that idea. It doesn't really matter anyway. They're both their parents.

by Anonymousreply 56410/20/2017

R564 he lied, get over it

by Anonymousreply 56510/20/2017

Well I think the girl looks exactly like the eldest Halls.

The Bomer child has star quality. Bozzi recognizes it even in this snapshot he took.

by Anonymousreply 56610/20/2017

So the kids were created to be without a mother exclusively for a gay couple, not orphans or unwanted children. This is a little fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 56710/20/2017

There is nothing fucked up about a gay couple having children through surrogate.

It only becomes fucked up when they put those children in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 56810/20/2017

It feels like they are being denied having a biological mother.

by Anonymousreply 56910/20/2017

I was denied all sorts of things.

by Anonymousreply 57010/20/2017

I'm a little disturbed by this kind of surrogate births, it's unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 57110/20/2017

Oh dear7 posts from our dear old resident troll. It is triggered. Can't see her posts but bet she's spewing the same tired delusional shit.

by Anonymousreply 57210/20/2017

Selfish act.

by Anonymousreply 57310/20/2017

R568 It only becomes fucked up when they put those children in the closet.

No wonder Bomer's fans hate the idea of one kid must be his, because deep inside they think it's selfish.

by Anonymousreply 57410/20/2017

R572 Don't call us troll when you can't handle a discussion. If you can't defend your idol just close the thread.

by Anonymousreply 57510/20/2017

Gay Hollywood agent Tyler Grasham is fired . I am sure Simon is shaking i his boots because he also have harassed lot of dudes over the years . Now the floodgates are opening it will not take long for somebody to point finger at him .

That iswhy avowed feminist like Matt bomer is so silent on this issue

by Anonymousreply 57610/20/2017

Gawd... Recycling another thread about the man-child.

by Anonymousreply 57710/20/2017

R576 It will destroy their marriage which no one wants. Not even a worst enemy. They’re a well loved couple. I don’t think this will happen to Halls. But Bomer’s silence is bothering.

by Anonymousreply 57810/20/2017

Matt & Simon got togerther before the twins were born. I won't be surprised if the twins or one is his. One of them looks very much like him.

by Anonymousreply 57910/20/2017

Who did Simon harass?

by Anonymousreply 58010/20/2017

R572, I have some ideas about what triggers the troll’s posts, something along the lines of a masturbatory equivalent. Curious if you have any theories?

by Anonymousreply 58110/20/2017

I really wouldn't let WIMBST get you annoyed. I've never understood the controversy anyway. It's like wondering if Suri is Tom's, or his cousin's, or someone else's. We'll probably never know one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 58210/20/2017

Mr Peabody is a mere publicist, he can’t harass somebody and tell them they have to sleep with him to get a part. All he can do is tell them they have to sleep with him and he can introduce them to somebody else who they will have to sleep with to get a part.

by Anonymousreply 58310/21/2017

He could also have advised clients not to report any abuse or harassment they might have suffered. In the past, that was a bad career move. Was Simon ever associated with CAA?

by Anonymousreply 58410/21/2017

Matt & Simon were at GLSEN Respect Awards last night. They were co-chairs. Bruce Bozzi was a recipient.

[quote]@GLSEN with #SimonHalls and #slatepr talking @MattBomer @walkingoutmovie raising 3 amazing sons and ending discrimination and bullying.

by Anonymousreply 58510/21/2017

LOL r584

Bryan Lourd the bald man Courtney has her arm around, is practically Mr Peabody’s other husband

Well, Japanese husband, because Mr Peabody knows to walk three steps behind Lourd

by Anonymousreply 58610/21/2017

And yes Mr Peabody is the personal rep for two of the worst predators in Hollywood, Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner

Ratner’s reputation is so bad it was spoofed in Family Guy

by Anonymousreply 58710/21/2017

Boys or girls?

by Anonymousreply 58810/21/2017

Whatever happens I’m sure Bomer will stand by his man. But the problem is, will it destroy his public persona and career? He is well respected and loved and so likely it won’t affect him a lot. Halls being a great spinner will likely find ways for both of them to come out unscathed. Bomer can use his magnetic charms to change people attitude towards them , in case something comes up. I won’t be surprised if they cook up stories of Bomer himself being a victim to cover Halls’s track. But I can’t imagine Halls sexually harassing anyone other than telling the assaults victims to stay quiet. We saw how he managed to pull out Bryan Singer from an almost collapse against a couple of alleged claims a few years ago. He’s extremely talented to cover major shits. So yeah.

by Anonymousreply 58910/21/2017

R585 Where's Bomer piccie from glsen event?

R589 Sounds like a plan lmao.

by Anonymousreply 59010/21/2017

R590 Actually Matt wasn’t there, Simon only. The interview is on Twitter at the same link as the pic at R585, but I don’t know how to link to vids on Twitter. . [quote]@GLSEN #RespectAwards #SimonHalls talking about husband @MattBomer directing #TrueCrimeStory Versace and says @walkingoutmovie is his fav of Matt’s so far.

by Anonymousreply 59110/21/2017

Simon at GLSEN Awards

by Anonymousreply 59210/21/2017

Bomer was directing an episode of Versace so he wasn’t at GLSEN award but.......

Twin interviewers tweeted thhis soon after tweeting Halls’s interview:

@JonathanBennett talking #War 😳😳@CakeWars @FoodNetwork #halloweenwars #jonathanbennett - full interview - Twinzzone.com

by Anonymousreply 59310/21/2017

So?.

by Anonymousreply 59410/21/2017

You guys seem pretty sure Simon harassed someone, the truth is we know NOTHING. Stop making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 59510/21/2017

The only person Mr Peabody is known to have harassed, was a five foot tall female journalist with cancer whom he violently physically ejected from a party which was not even his party and he had no right to do.

by Anonymousreply 59610/21/2017

Was that you R596? Or your sister?

by Anonymousreply 59710/21/2017

I’m literally shaking with disappointment. The Hollywood Reporter just broke the news, Matt was implicated in several moose deaths while filming in Montana. They have exclusive reporting from our own Christmas Moose. He deserves to lose his career over this. I hear he will be traveling to Niger to help the people there, in a desperate attempt to deflect. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 59810/21/2017

Maybe you and Christmas moose should watch the damn movie and see what happened to the character Cal.

I didn’t know Christmas Moose was planning to go to Niger. Losing his career seems like a high price to pay for reporting an exclusive story.

by Anonymousreply 59910/21/2017

New thread

by Anonymousreply 60010/21/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!