Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Inside Stella Stevens' Coldwater Canyon Home

I always liked her but have to admit that I was surprised at how unbecoming her home was. It sold a year ago for 1.25 mil and the new owner re-did a good deal both inside & out: lots of grays and neutrals and all of the usual colors, tiles, and appliances one sees on HGTV for updated kitchens ad baths.

Go to 1:35 to see Stella's bedroom. Youser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 30, 2017 7:28 PM

Here's the renovated dwelling. Looks like the roof flew away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2017 4:52 AM

The bedroom wasn't as bad as the sad little powder room with the threadbare "S" hand towel.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2017 4:57 AM

Stella and wig at home in 1966.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2017 5:04 AM

When Stella had it, it was ugly - inside and out - and seriously caught in a design and architectural timewarp. The remodel is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2017 5:20 AM

Are those mirrors on the master ceiling... sliding glass doors? eeeek

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2017 5:29 AM

I'm not sure which exterior I hate more the old or the new. At least the old had some character. The new exterior looks very commerical/industrial, bland and boxy. Poor Stella's interior had 30 yrs of distastefulness, a little 60, a little 70's and little bits of 80's distaste. All that God awful artwork hung way above eye level and then the horrible mirrors (3 of which were hung side by side in the bedroom). Why were there chairs on the roof and an indoor sofa on the patio. And that sad dingy looking pool. It appears that she some manged to purchase one new chair this decade and perhaps some thrift store finds for the bedrooms. The old furniture would have been great had sheet reupholstered it.

The photographs of the new interior make the home (2800+ sq ft) look smaller. I hate that they kept that bar area.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2017 5:32 AM

Looked like it was decorated about the time of Where Angels Go Trouble Follows (1968).

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2017 5:33 AM

So she sold the hoe for 1.25 million and the renovation sold for the same price.

The home was built in 1962 and Stevens bought it in 1965 R6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2017 5:37 AM

R6

I think it is very nice and obviously furnished after lots of bartering which I adore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2017 5:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2017 5:53 AM

The bedroom drapes had been up for at least 30 yrs.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2017 6:00 AM

Could she have qualified for a home improvement loan or was her credit pretty much past the point of no return? Was it a short sale? 1.25M is a relatively good price for a house, yard, pool in that area. The property itself would be worth that amount. Even the simplest updates can add considerable value to a house.

It may have needed major foundation work which is expensive and the city can tag the property uninhabitable until fixed.

There must have been some sort of financial distress. Poor woman. I hope she has a strong support network.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2017 6:22 AM

r12, I'm sure Andrew is loaded and helped her out.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2017 6:24 AM

Could she have qualified for a home improvement loan or was her credit pretty much past the point of no return? Was it a short sale? 1.25M is a relatively good price for a house, yard, pool in that area. The property itself would be worth that amount. Even the simplest updates can add considerable value to a house. It may have needed major foundation work which is expensive and the city can tag the property uninhabitable until fixed. There must have been some sort of financial distress. Poor woman. I hope she has a strong support network.

The kitchen and the bathrooms had obviously been updated (since 1962), maybe the 1980s. And the walls, doors had probably been repainted. Also the carpeting had obviously been updated at some point. Being that Stevens was still living there; the city hadn't forced her out. assume that there were no major structural problems.

Stevens managed to keep the home for 50 yrs. So I would assume that she didn't have a lot of debt attached to it. Obviously though she didn't have the money for updates or, she just didn't care. Its not unusual though for an 80 yr old to downsize. Maybe she went to live with her son.

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2017 6:43 AM

I believe Stella is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. As for Andrew, ask Kate Jackson about he left and cleaned out their bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2017 6:51 AM

I don't think Stella's business website that includes cologne and photos for sale has been updated since about 2011.

I've never seen her movies but I'm concerned about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2017 7:12 AM

r16 When IMDB still had the message boards up, several sources I think are credible confirmed Stella was in a home.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2017 7:47 AM

The remodel looks cheap.

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2017 11:22 AM

The remodel is a Moen faucet in the kitchen. I didn't see much else. Maybe it needed a new roof or there's extensive termite damage. The selling price was pretty low.

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2017 1:41 PM

Poor Stella.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2017 2:12 PM

Sometimes houses are inadvertently built on ant or snake colonies. They can be impossible to destroy. That might have prompted the as-is clause in the contract.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2017 2:24 PM

It happened in Idaho which is not that far from Los Angeles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2017 2:30 PM

That website is 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane' scary.

I do like her junky bookshelves.

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2017 3:59 PM

Stella was obviously stuck in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2017 4:03 PM

You're a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2017 10:21 PM

She was a Noni distributor at some point around 2005.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2017 11:16 PM

Oh dear that just gave mean the sads and the Noni juice was the cherry on top.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2017 12:01 AM

Get your all occasion Stella greeting cards now. Because why wouldn't you want to send your friends a loved ones greetings cards with Stella Steven's face on the front.

As promised, I now make available to you, my friends and fans, a special boxed set of all occasion greeting cards. These cards are 5x7 inches folded and open up with a blank inside so that you can write whatever message you wish when sending them to family and friends. Each card is a 5x7 version of all 17 "At Home with Stella" gallery photos I have been presenting here over the past 9 months. Plus there is a special signature card included.

This signature card is not a folded card but rather a 5x7 inch souvenir print that I will sign to you. In other words you will get an autograph with this boxed set. I can personalize it to you or whomever you wish it to go to.

Since the launch of this boxed set coincides with my birthday on October first, I will offer a special promotion. If you buy 2 boxed sets at regular price, you will get a third set for free. The holidays will be upon us soon so why not send your good wishes to friends and family with these unique cards. That means you can buy 2 boxes of cards to give away and get a third set to keep for yourself. This special offer will end after December 2008.

The cost of one boxed set of cards is $25. For a limited time, if you buy 2 boxed sets for a total of $50., you will get a third set for free!

I will also remind you that the full sized 8x10 versions of these photos will still be available for you to order.

Best to all of you! love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2017 12:12 AM

From the Decade 2000 Gallery:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2017 12:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2017 12:15 AM

Three pistol-packin pin-ups! First, the seriously sexy Peach Lace Bra shot. Then two provocative shots in the Electric Blue and Black Bustier and Panties set followed by another in the bra. Hot Hot Hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2017 12:16 AM

r28 Bitch stole my idea, and for that her sandwich gets wet lettuce on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2017 12:19 AM

Who in the fuck would want to buy a box of Stella greeting cards (blank inside) for $25? Or even $5?

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2017 12:32 AM

Not a single redeeming quality. Ugh. Scrape it off.

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2017 12:35 AM

She has an entrepreneurial spirit. At least she's working a creative angle instead of bad behavior for TMZ coverage.

[quote] Just for my fans, I have decided to have a special sale on my SEXY fragrances.  You can now get each version of SEXY at $10 off the normal price. That means SEXY Gold Label  (women's fragrance) is $30 each. and SEXY Black Label (men's fragrance) is $20 each. What makes  this sale extra special is the fact that you will be getting SEXY in it's original design and packaging.

[quote] These crystal bottles, emblazoned with the SEXY logo that I designed myself, will no longer be available after this current stock runs out. While I may get new containers and packaging for the  fragrance at that time, these original elegant versions of SEXY will be collectors items.

[quote] I carefully designed the look of SEXY and chose each fragrance for you, my fans.  That is why I want you to know that you can get these original versions of SEXY at a new low price.  You don't have to be rich to get a collectors item.

[quote] Also, if you buy SEXY as a couple - purchase a gold label and black label at the same time - you  can get both fragrances for just $40.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2017 2:26 AM

Wow. I can appreciate retro, but that home had no discernible or redeeming style. What has Andrew ended up doing with his life?

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2017 5:02 AM

I think it's sad and pathetic that Andrew would let his mother live in absolute squalor.

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2017 5:08 AM

bitch called me fat ass.

She got what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2017 5:17 AM

The before version looked like a set from "Love American Style."

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2017 1:58 PM

I would not call it squalor it is just tacky AF.

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2017 4:28 PM

r35, how sad is that old bitch?

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2017 4:37 PM

Like most people of a certain age they decorate and never update to keep up with changing trends but even so, most people renovate kitchens and bathrooms eventually.

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2017 4:43 PM

Andrew is one of the most luscious men who ever lived. Can somebody post those nude scenes from "Night Eyes?"

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2017 4:57 PM

how old is fucking stella stevens?

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2017 5:14 PM

r44, she's 74

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2017 5:17 PM

Is it just me, or does the pic @R35 look a tad Shirley Maclaine-ish?

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2017 5:29 PM

Anybody who strips all the established landscaping away during a remodel like that has no eye. I also don't like the office-y blah re-do. There is a way to do greys and neutrals with imagination. I liked the old hippie stained glass in the original bathrooms and the old house was perfectly acceptible for its time, but all poor old Stella's belongings were right out of the flea market.

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2017 5:32 PM

r44 r45 She's 78. She was born in 1938.

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2017 5:32 PM

Stella and Carol Lynley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2017 5:34 PM

She's not old enough to have lived so many years in such outdated digs.

by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2017 5:40 PM

Leave the poor child alone. She hasn't developed her own style yet.

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2017 5:42 PM

The old one looked like your classic trailer trash with money. It was a doublewide with a pool, but at least it had personality. The new one has none. Some hotel rooms have more individuality.

by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2017 8:01 PM

R47, I don't know if you noticed this, but there was a Spanish Revival antique-looking chandelier, a 1960s-1970s Spanish Mediterranean pendant (that was the fad then), and a Spanish carved corbel on the bar that didn't go with anything else. The bed is Spanish and could be from the Revival period. The stained glass could be from the Spanish Revival period as well. That's an Old Hollywood style from the 1920s-1930s.

All this stuff is in a 1960s mid-century modern house. My guess is Stella is a fan of Old Hollywood and probably these things were collected from old estate sales in Hollywood.

A couple of weeks ago I went to an old house in the Hollywood hills and the whole house was done in the original Spanish Revival. It was beautifully, but simply, done and the owners collected furniture from the era along with a few modern pieces. There's been a lot of Spanish Revival stuff from Old Hollywood actors for sale lately at auctions and elsewhere. Mostly silent film actors' stuff. So at one time Stella was probably buying stuff from Hollywood auctions. It kind of tells you she was an interesting person.

by Anonymousreply 53August 23, 2017 11:21 PM

A lot of Billy Haineses commenting.

by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2017 11:38 PM

[quote] Andrew is one of the most luscious men who ever lived. Can somebody post those nude scenes from "Night Eyes?"

[quote] A lot of Billy Haineses commenting.

Stay the hell away from my son you pervert!

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2017 11:42 PM

Lala blahdobba lee blee blee!

by Anonymousreply 56August 30, 2017 5:22 PM

I have a friend who encountered Stella in a restaurant about four years ago, she thought she knew him and was blathering away till her caregiver took her away. That was the first I knew about her Alzheimer's.

by Anonymousreply 57August 30, 2017 5:23 PM

[quote]It happened in Idaho which is not that far from Los Angeles.

You're not too smart, are you?

by Anonymousreply 58August 30, 2017 5:25 PM

LOL, R39 -- hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 59August 30, 2017 5:26 PM

If Stella's bedroom ceiling mirror could talk what tales it would tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 30, 2017 7:09 PM

[quote] Those tales would look something like this:

Three pistol-packin pin-ups! First, the seriously sexy Peach Lace Bra shot. Then two provocative shots in the Electric Blue and Black Bustier and Panties set followed by another in the bra. Hot Hot Hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 30, 2017 7:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!