Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Episodes" on Showtime... the final season

Anyone watching?

Season One was spectacular. It's been hit or miss since then, but I'm looking forward to the final season!

by Anonymousreply 48February 12, 2018 4:44 AM

I hope, in the end, something good happens to the two leads... they've been so put-upon the entire series, I'd like for them to go out on a happy note.

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2017 5:56 AM

Why was there a two year gap between this season and the last season?

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2017 6:03 AM

The last season aired in March 2015 -- more than two years ago. I love this series but even as a fan, I completely forgot about what storylines the series last had.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2017 6:07 AM

I know. It was insane how long we had to wait, and how little promotion this final season got.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2017 4:07 AM

Even more insane is when I found out it was mostly filmed in the UK.

Most of the LA shots are faked on a sound-stage (green screen).

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2017 5:48 AM

Shit, forgot all about it!

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2017 2:03 PM

Just downloaded the first episode of the new season earlier tonight.

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2017 5:32 AM

Hilarious episode last night.

by Anonymousreply 8August 29, 2017 4:35 AM

I've enjoyed this show.

It's probably the smartest project Matt LaBlanc will ever work on. (That's not a dis--he's very funny on this.)

by Anonymousreply 9August 29, 2017 4:41 AM

Matt Leblanc is great in this. On the other hand, he went to do some dated, unfunny, shitty sitcom on network television, exactly the kind of thing "Episodes" was mocking when it started out.

by Anonymousreply 10August 29, 2017 5:11 AM

This show doesn't get enough appreciation or recognition.

by Anonymousreply 11August 29, 2017 2:52 PM

[quote]Matt Leblanc is great in this. On the other hand, he went to do some dated, unfunny, shitty sitcom on network television, exactly the kind of thing "Episodes" was mocking when it started out.

Matt has a new US sitcom? Isn't Matt still on the UK car series, it's now on BBC America, forgot the name.

Tasmin Greig was great in the series "Black Books", that's the first time I saw her. The guy who plays her Episodes husband, Stephan Mangan, I first saw him in a hospital comedy, "Green Wing" on BBCAmerica. Tasmin was in that too.

I wish BBCAmerica would start showing some good TV shows again. Some of the recent fare over the past few years has been OK, but most of the great comedy and detective shows are gone. Non-stop marathons of fucking Star Trek??!! Are they serious?!!!

by Anonymousreply 12August 29, 2017 3:01 PM

I'm enjoying it. Carol kills me.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2017 9:11 PM

The whole 'saving the pig' thing was ... over-the-top.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2017 2:00 AM

[R14] but we got an underwear scene out of it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2017 2:35 AM

It was worth it for the way the decorator did the ranch. I also want to see WHORES. I thought as Joey, Matt Leblanc was too cheesy to be cute, but with that gray hair and smarminess, I'm in love.

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2017 6:02 AM

I never watched it until the last few weeks. It's brilliant and I'll be very sorry to see it come to an end.

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2017 6:31 AM

R17, season one is by FAR the best season, imho.

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2017 7:53 AM

I didn't truly become attracted to Matt until Episodes. I do think he was good looking when he was younger but not on Friends. They made him goofy somehow but if I ever saw a candid photo of him I remembered he was good looking. In this show he is so yum every episode.

by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2017 12:35 PM

The gray hair definitely works for LeBlanc. I never looked twice at him in Friends. I love Episodes, though this season is just so-so. I wish it wasn't the last year!

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2017 12:55 PM

I'm downloading the torrents as they become available and will then binge watch this latest and last season

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2017 6:33 AM

This season has its moments but is pretty lazy overall, at least through episode three.

Ken Levine, a successful sitcom writer, has observed that single cam comedies can fall victim to the writers and actors thinking bits are funnier than they are. When you tape in front of an audience, it keeps you honest. You learn what works and have to fix the rest.

The episode at the ranch was a good example. Lots of scenes went on way too long and jokes didn't land. This is the type of show that was at its best in the beginning, when the buffoonery of the network execs was fresh.

by Anonymousreply 22September 27, 2017 11:30 PM

[quote]Tasmin Greig was great in the series "Black Books", that's the first time I saw her. The guy who plays her Episodes husband, Stephan Mangan, I first saw him in a hospital comedy, "Green Wing" on BBCAmerica. Tasmin was in that too.

Green Wing was hilarious. That's why I checked out Episodes in the first place. Well, also Matt LeBlanc. But my favorite is now Carol, the actress is amazing and should've gotten some nominations.

by Anonymousreply 23September 27, 2017 11:38 PM

Yeah, but when I saw the actress who plays Carol in a serious role, I couldn't take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2017 1:23 AM

NEXT WEEK IS THE SERIES FINALE!

I CAN'T EVEN!

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2017 2:31 AM

I'm interested to see how they are going to wrap everything up

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2017 4:33 AM

Him ghosting them and passing was so Hollywood. Can anyone just say no to your face?

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2017 5:13 AM

R27 hah yeah I love the title screen where it wrote "how long does it take to fucking read a script?!"

by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2017 6:29 PM

Well, that was a fitting end I guess.

They wrapped up almost everything pretty quickly and tidily.

by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2017 5:31 AM

Actually, it ended on a perfect note. Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson? LOL!

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2017 5:38 AM

Well, i can't recall if I even have seen season 4.

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2017 5:50 AM

Season one was still the high point.

But yeah, the finale was pitch perfect actually.

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2017 7:23 PM

Funniest show on TV. Can't understand why it doesn't win awards.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2017 7:44 PM

I was shocked it was only nominated for a BAFTA once. Matt and I think the show get nominated for golden globes/emmys every year (not that they win) but I feel it's way more British humor for how much dry humor there is. so I'm surprised they dont get more love overseas.

by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2017 4:46 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2017 9:52 PM

Wright and Wong... how did we not see how wrong this is?

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2017 10:06 PM

I loved this show.

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2017 10:47 PM

Loved, loved, loved the episode where Matt's father died. The father's girlfriend, Linda, was a riot!

He's in a Kia.

Ikea? I told you Target!

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2017 9:03 AM

Just discovered this show on Netflix and since when is Matt a hot daddy

by Anonymousreply 39January 30, 2018 2:20 PM

Carols character was easily the best of the whole show.

The scene where shes describing her first time going down on a vag, was verrrry funny.

"Ohhhh, I know youuuuu!"

by Anonymousreply 40January 30, 2018 3:11 PM

If You enjoyed "Episodes", try "Friday night dinner", also with Tamsin Greig (whom I love from the bottom of my heart) and it is too very funny.

by Anonymousreply 41January 30, 2018 3:29 PM

I think this will be a cult classic in a few years. Everyone I've turned on to it falls in love.

by Anonymousreply 42January 30, 2018 3:38 PM

R41 Is Friday Night Dinner on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 43January 31, 2018 12:54 AM

Saw a tweet from one of the creators I think that if Netflix offers to pick Episodes up for another few seasons they would do it - I hope it happens altho who knows if Matt would say yes

by Anonymousreply 44February 11, 2018 10:28 PM

Isn't Matt doing some shitty sitcom on CBS, I think? The exact kind of thing Episodes mocked so mercilessly?

by Anonymousreply 45February 11, 2018 10:34 PM

He better do more episodes if they pick up the show I need him back on a show I can actually bare to watch and I want his nude scene they never gave us on showtime

by Anonymousreply 46February 11, 2018 11:09 PM

He was supposed to have a nude scene?

by Anonymousreply 47February 11, 2018 11:45 PM

It was the perfect series ending.

I hope to god they don't pick it up for anything more.

by Anonymousreply 48February 12, 2018 4:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!